[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Political Debates Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 42

Previous thread: >>52785394

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

If someone could post that link to a high-res scan of Forged In Battle for the next OP, that would be great.

And make sure you put the new cover on those TPS reports.
>>
Anyone have suggestions for fun SW FFG encounters (social or combat) or set pieces?

Things like the PC's freighter crashing into the water and having to escape before drowning. Or swoop bike chases. Or getting info from an informant while gambling.
>>
>>52796037
Players go to a spice deal where they plan to doublecross a crime lord and take his stash and his money... only to arrive and find someone else is already there making a deal with them AND another party is there getting ready to ambush both sides. Will it become a fourway war over a kingpin's drugs? Will the players offer to help the other group for a cut? Will the players save the kingpin at the last moment to gain his trust? Will they call in Imperial authorities to gain standing with them? Will they sit back and let everyone kill each other then move in like vultures? Will they just move in and get what they came for me or die trying?

If you're looking for good EotE ideas, watching any number of good crime movies from the 70's - 90's is a godsend and a trove of ideas to run campaigns for the less-than-noble, for the criminals seeking redemption, or the authorities trying to control it all.
>>
>>52796037
>Players need to help protect a cargo load operation... but it turns out the cargo is something they owned that's been stolen
>Transport a nightsister for the Zahn Consortium. The stuff in her hookah is quite potent.
>Twi'lek dancer thinks it's her big break on Coruscant... but she's being sold into slavery on Nal Hutta. Can you get her out of the club for her well off family, especially if she doesn't want to go?
>>
>>52796037
The party is infiltrating hutt's palace, when they are confused for a band/circus performers/twi'lek strippers. Can they mantain their cover?
>>
Anyone know if the U-wing has been statted out for the rpg?
>>
>>52796037
>PCs are contracted to steal a starship... only after entering one of the PCs realizes it was once his.

>Wealthy local mayor hires the PCs to kill an opponent.. but has also hired someone to kill the PCs.

>Variant of above, a wealthy mayor hires the PCs to kill an opponent... who is their employer and the reason they came to that city in the first place.

>ISB hires the PCs to investigate an uncharted installation on a Wild Territories world... where they discover it isn't abandoned.

>PCs meet someone in a cantina... who looks identical to one of the party members.

>PCs investigate an abandoned freighter drifting through the Outer Rim. They hear banging from the other side of a locked door and cries for help... and after slicing through, find an empty closet with no other way out.
>>
How much time passes between the destruction of Alderaan and the battle of yavin? IS it more than a week? I want my AoY game to start on the eve of the destruction of Alderaan and wanna know how long it'd take before they possibly get rerouted to do some kinda supporting actions during the battle of Yavin.
>>
>>52796871
Battle of Yavin occurred the next day.
>>
This weekend, i'll be running a campaign that I wrote, using a mix of Imperial Assault and X-wing, about the Rebels and Empire fighting for control of an outer rim planet.

Would /tg/ be interested jn some sort if live-blogging of it?
>>
>>52796037
Here you go.
>https://twitter.com/swrpgadventures?lang=en
Over 600 adventure hooks.
>>
>>52795779
I'm seriously debating running 4 Strikers with Predator-

Does anyone have any good resources for running All-Striker lists? Batttle reports of other people doing it? Articles, advice or tactics tips?
>>
>>52798008
Definitely.
Tell us some good stories anon
>>
>>52798093
Speaking of that, would anyone be able to help me write some fluff for exposition?

Missions are as follows-

-advance scout pilots skirmish to get an early foothold on the planet

- Strike teams attempt to take control of a fuel refinery (IA)

- Rebels attempt to destroy an imperial communications array in space

- empire attempts to take control of a rebel weapons/munitions depot. (IA)

- Empire attemps to destroy a rebel cargo ship that is carrying goods to appease the local hutts.

- the Rebels attempt to steal intelligence from an imperial outpost (IA)

Both fleets arrive and engage in a battle over the planet.
>>
>>52798200
Speaking of this, would an AoR PVP campaign akin to Imperial Assault work?

One group of players are the Rebels, one group are the Imperials. They act alongside NPCs of their respective faction in a "narrative" battle campaign where they both play against one another on different days doing PVE and the victors affect the outcome of the next result. For example, the Rebel team may destroy an Imperial supply depot, and so in the next game the Imperials have less weaponry and munitions available, but then they take out an airfield (spacefield?) of refueling X-Wings and the Rebel team loses air support in their next go, then on the fourth week (week 1 rebels, week 2 imps, week 3 rebels, week 4 imps, then final 4 week engagement) where both sides come together and do a battle sequence with PVP involved.

It sounds like a nightmare to get together, but if it worked, holy shit would it be fun.
>>
>>52796871
Two days. 3 at most
>>
>>52798275
Maybe? The campaign that i'm writing for is a 3v3 campaign and all missions give rewards solely in the final game, as that is easier to balance for. If you give rewards for the next game, snowballing is a serious issue.
>>
I read the thread title as political diabetes.
>>
>>52798281

>Han, Luke amd Obi Wan spent 2 to 3 days running around the Death Star

You fucken muppet.
>>
>>52795779
Is the senate building's design aactually something that would be usable in an actual government building?

If congress had a wizard remodel their building into the senate building from star wars, would it actually function effectively?
>>
File: 4416346-4695209820-Imper.jpg (1022KB, 2968x2395px) Image search: [Google]
4416346-4695209820-Imper.jpg
1022KB, 2968x2395px
Hi all. I'm thinking of running a Star Wars RPG game some time in the future. Which system has the best, most in-depth rules for starship combat?

Looking to run a game where the players are stationed in a Star Destroyer. Some of the player characters will be on the bridge, commanding the Star Destroyer and overlooking the battle, while others will be in TIE Fighters/bombers/inteceptors/what have you taking care of enemy fighters, taking out turrets on enemy capital ships, that sort of thing.
>>
>>52798930
Starship combat? Without Houserules? WEGd6 but you'll need fan stats for some of the newer ships.
>>
>>52798957

Seconding. I'm running a WEGD6 starship game right now with some houserules to just clear up wacky shit.
>>
>>52798455
you'd have to recess every time you wanted to talk to another senator it would be a fucking mess
>>
>>52799080
Encrypted comms, or failing that passing notes via droid courier for ultimate security.
>>
What do you think the security would be like on Clone Wars-era weapon dumps (both CIS and Republic)? What would you expect to find? Asking for an AoR campaign.
>>
>>52796521
On the ffg forums somebody statted it out. I gave the following to my players, they seem to like it.

Era: Rise of the Empire/Rebellion

Hull type: Dropship

Ship Class: UT-60D (U-Wing)

Manufacturer: Incom Corporation

Hyperdrive: Class 2 (Backup Class 15)

Navcomp: Equipped

Sensor Range: Medium

Ship's Complement: Pilot, Co-Pilot (Optional: Door Gunners x2; from passengers

Encumbrance Capacity: 10 (not including passengers and their carried gear)

Passenger Capacity: 10

Consumables: 1 month

Cost/Rarity: Not Available For Sale

Customization Hard Points: 3

Silhouette: 3

Speed: 4

Handling: +1

Defense: 1/1

Armor: 3

Hull Threshold: 17

System Threshold: 18

Weapons:
Forward Mounted Laser Cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1)
Optional, dependent on loadout: 2 Door Guns (Variable based on mission. Does not require a hard point)
>>
>>52799208
Does this factor in the swing wing?
>>
>>52799285
We've said it doesn't really matter. If you wanted I guess give it +1 handling with the wings out and +0 when they're in.
>>
>>52799135
CIS is easy, battle droids on an independent circuit that dodged the shutdown, complete with autoturrets and ray shields, for an old-school dungeon dive. Republic would probably be scoured clean by the empire as it cleaned up in the aftermath of the clone wars, but any surviving ones would be more like a vault, locked down super-tight in a remote area and forgotten rather than having numerous guards
>>
So which FFG book has the HWK-290 I only see the HWK1000...
>>
>>52799330
Huh okay. I feel the Empire would've locked both of those things down, wouldn't they? You're spot on with the Republic vaults, but at least planets with CIS equipment would be locked down by a blockade and regular probe droids perhaps. Either way, I'm down for a dungeon crawl.
>>
>>52799347
F&D core has it, I'm sure it's in multiple places though.
>>
>>52799394
Cool! Which book has the Defender stats again?
>>
>>52799421
AoR Core
>>
>>52799368
Minor CIS ones might've been passed over in the transition to Empire, as their whereabouts couldve been wiped from mainframes before the new empire forces got to them. Think asteroid bases in the outer rim somewhere, small enough to stay beneath notice but still piles of weaponry and similar material.
>>
>>52799447
True true. I kind of want to hit a major one though.
>>
>>52799461
While i'm thinking they wouldve been priority two or three in the imperial clone war cleanup, never let it be said that reasons need to get in the way of fun and dungeon crawling. Just try to come up with some reason why the empire forgot about this one, even if its just that Trade Federation Representative #126 never trusted dooku and had his private base hidden from the main plans and his forces on a separate system. Plenty of loot available, and the chance of finding an insanely terrified nemoidan convinced every shadow is Vader, come to chase him down like the rest of his seperatist friends. But if you don't add in a cavalcade of droidekas as the equivalent to indiana joneses giant rolling rock of doom moment, you're a shit.
>>
>>52799520
>indiana joneses giant rolling rock of doom moment
Giant Droidekas. Of doom.
>>
>>52799520
Have faith in me, anon. It will happen, it's unavoidable.
>>
I'm thinking about trying out something along the lines of TFA Chewbacca with three cheap captured TIEs and I'm not sure if it makes more sense to buff up Chewie with a scavenger crane and countermeasures, crane and missiles+chips, crane+missiles+countermeasures, or ditch the crane idea entirely and go for cheap crew to fit swarm leader and swap zeb or rex for ahsoka so I can have ahsoka and sabine both with Juke. Anyone got experience trying out some form of nuChew+miniswarm?
>>
Hi. I'm the idiot playing a Sith in an old republic FFGSWRPG game.

So we've got one player as a Vader-type lightsabery enforcer dude, and another guy that wants to be a Dooku-like political manipulator, so I figure I'll be a creepy mystic with weird dark side magic.

Is there any way to homebrew weird dark side magic that doesn't involve making a new career?
>>
I like to think that lightsaber combat is different from any other martial art, simply because the combatants can see branching futures and have access to superhuman physical abilities.

Maybe that justifies all the flipping and twirling.
>>
>>52800059
Add strange trappings to existing powers, and talk with the GM about it.
>>
>>52800108
Precognition is the main one. Plus the fact that they're telekinetic space wizards, who can do stuff like throwing extra power behind their swings/speed to their thrusts and yoda-style flippy shit by telekineting themselves, as well as bombarding their opponent with the environment
>>
>>52800108
>>52800254
desu i like the luke v. vader style better for no reason other than aesthetic
>>
Trying to find ways to upgrade lightsabers thats at least Lore plausable.

Like Weapon Enchants in D&D, only for lightsabers.

are there such things?
>>
>>52800423
There's upgrades in Force and Destiny
>>
>>52798405

It depends on how much time the Falcon spent in Hyperspace after Obi-Wan senses Alderaan being destroyed.
>>
>>52800108
For me that make the huge flippydippy wasteful actions more offensive, that should get you killed. For me they should be an opportunity to depict swordsmanship straight out of the treatises and have them end when one person decides to take a chance on an ambitious manoeuvre that works out or losses them a limb.
>>
>>52800588
That's the same scene as them dropping out of hyperspace to discover the ruins of Alderaan, though.
>>
Hey guys. Any OC being made?
>>
>>52801130
I've got an X-wing podcast if that's the kind of OC you mean.
>>
>>52801208
Not really but at least it's something
>>
>>52801260
It'd be helpful if you narrowed "OC" down to what you mean to be asking for. do you want writefagging or game-related stuff, or what?
>>
I've seen some custom X-Wing pilot card generators across the web, but has anyone codified a set of balanced rules for custom pilot generation yet? I'm thinking of running a light encounter-based RPG using the X-Wing Miniatures game where players can play as a squad of Rebels/Imperials, maybe earning new talents along the way.

If not, I'll be sure to record the work I do to realize it, and share it later.
>>
>>52798033
Holy loli, nice.
>>
>>52800868

Then I guess it's "Time it takes to get from Alderaan to Yavin + about 1 Hour"
>>
Will FFG take the Battlefield ships as canon? IE giving us the named Raider from the trailer as a title.
>>
>>52801664
>as canon
Not sure what you mean here. FFG's not technically a canon source since it uses a mix of Legends and nucanon lore.
>>
>>52795779
What do you guys think of the RPG stats for the YT-1000?
>>
>>52801664
Battlefront ships are already canon
>>
>>52801691
>>52801811
Well, as "FFG canon" is what I meant.

In other words, are the new games as valid a source as the older games?
>>
>>52801833
You mean "could FFG reference Battlefront II material"? Yeah, they definitely could. But I think they may go for TLJ material first for the next wave.
>>
>>52800108
>>52800608

Much as I never liked the over the top flippity bullshit, in a setting where your average saber duelist can at least precog some aspect of what you're going to do, something like a multi-flip jump might actually help.

Consider, in your head, you see the guy spin in the air and then throw his saber.

He then leaps into the air.
He spins.
You prepare.
He spins again.
Oh, shit, i didnt think of that.

Little repetetive move might be more helpful against precognitives, since they know you're going to attack from one of them - but which one?
After which saber twirl are you going to go for that overhead swing.

It becomes a game of fake-out movements and flourishes designed to throw off the opponent to try and make him misjudge his own precognition.
>>
File: imperial list.png (96KB, 1203x676px) Image search: [Google]
imperial list.png
96KB, 1203x676px
r8 my list
>>
>>52800423
You can borrow ideas from Saga and heirloom(? Or is that legacy?) items. If the F&D upgrade rules don't strike a cord.
>>
File: karate-farmer.jpg (72KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
karate-farmer.jpg
72KB, 500x669px
>>52800108
I guess if you wanted some kind of quasi-reason for it, buying time to process the amount of information coming in from-
>force powers
>the opponent
>the environment
If you can maintain distance to avoid being struck, you can maintain enough composure to briefly ignore that you're fighting for your life and use the time to figure out the next move. Otherwise it just ends up like any other fight where any lack of civility usually disappears pretty quickly and gets all instinctual with people wrestling, stabbing, eye gouging and tearing each other to bits.
>>
>>52801961
I stab him while he spins because he had the audacity to turn his back to me.
>>
File: 1488513681562.jpg (621KB, 600x4061px) Image search: [Google]
1488513681562.jpg
621KB, 600x4061px
Saber duelists should be more creative like this
>>
>>52802117
A dies in that first one, B would keep his momentum despite being stabbed, that's a double kill.
>>
>>52802191
If you would have bothered to read it says to dodge your opponents strike first.
>>
>>52802117
I like the ideas of this, but most force moves don't work on trained fighters(jedi/sith), so half of them are invalid
>>
>>52802314
If Kanan and Ezra can force push Vader I am sure you could use these techniques on some one your level or below.
>>
>>52802231
The digram depicts the sabre coming down on the A's head and B letting go as though that's what's stopping the kill. The diagram and the text should match up. The move itself assumes a massive amount of telegraphing why is he preforming this huge unnecessary swing? and that you have the ability to preform a closing void with a deactivated sabre and thus no ability to close the line.

It's just feels like a really creative way to get yourself killed.
>>
>>52802530
This is autism
>>
>>52802638
Scything critique, I retire.
>>
>>52801398
It's pretty easy. Just take the generic pilot, and add 1 Squad Point for every upgrade slot or PS you add to your custom pilot. That's all the current releases do for their aces. Custom pilot abilities get trickier. What I would do is take the ability from an existing pilot, see how much that ability alone is worth (by doing what we did above for upgrades and PS in reverse) and add that to your Squad cost.
Obviously you need permission from an opponent to field any of this shit.

I could put out a full-blown guide on how to make this sort of "balanced" custom pilot in the form of a blog or video if there's a demand for it.
>>
>>52799421
AoR core has a shitty set of stats comparable to the Y-Wing.
>>
>>52795779
This is a poor time for an end to political debates, I just started reading Bloodline and its seems bretty gud so far. Leia is apparently teaming up with an actual, dyed in the wool empire apologist.
>>
Just finished reading the Thrawn novel
Spoilers ahead
Damn, we never found out what his history was with Anakin

I like to imagine this was the Vong story Dave Filoni was planning.
Anakin and Thrawn teaming up against the Praetorite Vong

ywn see this
>>
>>52803126
Yeah I've started reading it too and I like it so far. I have to say she did a good job of writing Leia
>>
>>52803160
>More Vong
>More "Thrawn's actually a good guy" apologism, possibly with "The Emperor was just trying to defend the galaxy" thrown in

No thanks
>>
>>52801971
Are you new?

I'll assume you are.

Inquisitor wants his title, Autothrusters, Push the Limit, and if he can afford them, Proton Rockets.

Swap Vader to Adaptability or Trick shot, and give Inquisitor PTL and Autos.
>>
>>52803188
I think "Cuck" Wendig's Aftermath has that last part in it still for Nucanon
>>
What's the most interesting thing going on in X-wing right now? are people actually hyped at all for the new releases for Wave XI? I get it if you're an Imp player because having a turret character is really nice, but Scum and Rebels don't feel like they're getting much (other than the Scum Huge ship, I guess).
In terms of releases, I've got to admit, i'm kind of bored. In terms of the state of the game, I'm still having a ton of fun, but things feel like they're starting to stagnate.
>>
>>52803995

The Wookiee gunship will be very interesting to see from a mechanical standpoint, but isn't really great in terms of characters or style. I'm very interested in what's up with the /AG and the H-6 though.
>>
>>52803995
Incoming DARK GREETINGS
>>
>>52804032
I like the Wookie gunship. If Lowbacca was a pilot, I'd buy it as soon as I could. But it's not something that's going to shake up the meta on it's own. The reinforced shields thing needs to get proliferated more before it becomes something really interesting to me. Having it on this one, unimpressive ship does nothing for me.

>>52804033
In how long? 6 months? a year? more?
How long does it really take for FFG to design the card, playtest, source art, and find an expansion that it makes sense in? If Trioculus is coming (and I hope he is) it's not gonna be so soon that it makes waves in the here and now in terms of his rules. It's more just hype over /tg/ getting some sway over FFG.
>>
Raith Sienar
Empire only. Crew.

Choose one friendly TIE. It may equip an additional modification at -2 points. You may equip an illicit upgrade with a squad points cost of 2 or less at no additional cost.

2 points
>>
>>52803569
I haven't gotten to aftermath 2 and 3 but isn't the threat from the unknown region Snoke? I mean yeah Palps is a Sith but darksiders have a tendency to not enjoy each other.
>>
>>52804208
Would they be willing to mess with adding upgrades mid-game?
>>
>>52795779
What's a good starting ship for a party derived from all books (rebels, force users, and smugglers) that's under 80,000 credits?
>>
>>52804308
Jabba and salvage crane do that already, no?
>>
>>52804433
Those let you reuse thing you already have.
>>
>>52804308
The intention is you just add stuff during squad building. Raith is not an active combatant, but he does travel with his personal stash and a new prototype.
>>
File: 1492296673211.jpg (154KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1492296673211.jpg
154KB, 1440x810px
>>52803995
We're in the slow period of the year for X-wing.

We'll get one off-wave release (Imp Vets last year, Scum Epic this year) before Gen Con. Then at Gen Con a bunch of things will get announced and pre-released and the cycle starts again with people complaining about how much new stuff they need to buy.

I think they do it this way to give themselves some factory time to reprint the backlog.

Anyway I'm a complete X-wing addict so new ships always interest me. This also looks to be a fairly well designed wave with a bunch of new interesting upgrades.
>>
>>52803995
Worlds is coming up in a few weeks, so lots to follow from that. It'll be my first time going and I'm hyped as fuck.

After that you've got Store Championships, which is probably my favorite part of the tourney season. A tournament every weekend and people experimenting with all sorts of crazy stuff.

Then the C-ROC and Wave XI drop.
>>
>>52803995
I'm not excited to see even more TLTs everywhere with Empire fielding them too, the Auzituck doesn't interest me in the slightest because it just seems like a replacement for the upgradeless filler B-wing, and the Havoc is either going to make bombs be used in every single list or it's going to never touch the board like the Punisher.
>>
>>52796521
D20 radio has fan stats of it and a few fan variants.
http://www.d20radio.com/main/holonet-uplink-u-wing-and-variants/
>>
>>52800059
Are you me?

I'm in the same type of game with the same type of character, 70xp and going strong. The following is what I've either done or considered:
-Heal/Harm power for sith alchemy
-Hermit spec for 'alchemical pet' plus the force die to Survival talent, which allows force die when crafting the simple weapons since they can do Survival. Also 2 FD.
-Manipulate power. FD to Mechanics means sith alchemical equipment. GM spent ages spittballing a fair homemade way for me to do that with entire specs and shit and then ffg goes and does it in a cheap power. Kinda OP if you're force wizard. Especially since in my case I maxed intellect for that bonus to harm.
-Politico, yes seriously. No FD but Scathing Tirade with influence power is sweet and basically Dun Moch. Inspiring Rhetoric will also be handy for the strain burning parry and reflect monsters in your party.

Beyond that just max the shit out of your force dice and max ways to give FD to skills.
>>
>>52804430
A HWK-290, maybe? Holds 6 passengers + 2 crew, 6 months' worth of consumables, and costs 55k used. That should probably leave you with enough leftover cash to buy some upgrades and ship gubbins.
>>
>>52805235
700xp*

Been playing this character since saga. Upgraded with the f&d beta, and then been wanting to rebuild with practically every book but haven't lol.
>>
Where, powerwise, are the classes from F&D? Would they be equal to a padawan, or just a weak/new knight?
>>
>>52805438
Basic character creation: Luke at the start of ANH

150XP Knight level

500XP OT Protagonist level

1000+ XP Jedi Master/Force Unleashed shenanigans
>>
>>52804882
I'm trying to get a ride to the 2018 worlds, myself. No stores anywhere near me do their own tourney for this circuit, so I guess I have to drive 3 hours to get to the nearest regional and failing winning that, drive 3 hours in the opposite direction to the next nearest regional.
>>
>>52805438
Base is half-trained padiwan, +150 is the bare minimum knight. A fully trained Knight would probably be around 3-400, and most masters would be 5-600
>>
>>52804084
I would say 2 waves at most if he is to be seen as a crew. That gives them time to source everything and, relatively speaking, balance it out for release
>>
>>52805438
Base starting: jedi initiates before being chosen as padawans.
'Knight level': you're good enough a knight might take you as a padawan
4-600: probably gonna become a knight in this range
1200+: might be taking on a padawan at this point, technically a master
2000+: jedi council
2500+: yoda
3000+: sheev
>>
>>52807359
>2500+: yoda
>3000+: sheev
>tfw Yoda had 900+ years to git gud and still lost to a comparatively young human
What the hell was he doing for 900 years?
>>
>>52807604
Not killing his masters? Not cheating and harnessing the powers of the dark side? Being a super chill master.
>>
>>52802117
I like the concept, but some of them seem rather silly

>force grenade
I can just imagine the opponent cutting the saber as soon as you drop it at his feet. And the counter it does have is to spin jump the attack, rather than step on the saber or just kick it away.
>>
>>52809221
Careful Anon, critiquing that image makes you autistic.
>>
File: Hyperspace Fixed.png (124KB, 592x168px) Image search: [Google]
Hyperspace Fixed.png
124KB, 592x168px
>>52809232
I was already autistic before that image, so jokes on them I guess
>>
Is there any word on a 40th anniversary boxset for the saga?
>>
>>52809465
No mention at SW Celebration... so prob not.
>>
File: S8-ME1Jb.png (144KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
S8-ME1Jb.png
144KB, 256x256px
>>52807359
>>52807604
Yoda was honestly the better duelist but Sheev was stronger in the force.
>>
Threadly reminder that Wedge Antilles hops on one transparisteel leg.
>>
>>52795779

We ever going to get a new SW game that goes beyond the movies besides Battlefront II?

I want a new RPG set between VII and VIII.
>>
>>52811012
He does? That maniac. He must be stopped.
>>
>>52811107
I wish it wasn't true, I really do, but I saw it myself. Imagine a galaxy where a man can just hop around on one transparisteel leg without consequences. You know what you have to do.
>>
>>52811047

>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Untitled_Visceral_Games_project
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Untitled_Respawn_Entertainment_project

These have been under development since the original EA Battlefront and there's still next to no details on them so do with this information what you wish.

Supposedly they were working on a KotOR reboot at one point but that's been tabled.
>>
File: 1479333382605.jpg (23KB, 407x266px) Image search: [Google]
1479333382605.jpg
23KB, 407x266px
>>52811141
He dies in the next sortie.
>>
>>52811169

I keep forgetting about those.

And they've tabled it? That sucks, I just heard about it the other day.
>>
Trying out a list for x-wing hopefully tomorrow.

Should I replace Vader for a rebel captive on Kylo? Or get a pattern analyzer?

>Kylo Ren
Rage
Inspiring recruit
Sensor jammer

>RAC
VI
Engine upgrade
Gunner
Vader
>>
>>52811169
>>52811305

A KotOR reboot has been rumored for... well, basically since the first rumors that eventually became TOR came out.

I sincerely doubt they're going to do a KotOR reboot.
>>
>>52811840

At this point I hope they wouldn't. Can you imagine KOTOR done in the style of dragon age inquisition?
>>
>>52811863
I remember back in 2006-2008ish people were thinking that they'd do a KotOR reboot with the same engine and similar gameplay to Mass Effect.
>>
>>52811305

I guess it's up there in the sky with 1313 and Free Radical's Battlefront III now.
>>
>>52811889
A new Star Wars RPG with the same engine and similar gameplay to Mass Effect would be great, though. It could explore the same era as Battlefront II (the big gap of time between RotJ and TFA) and be fuckin' great.
>>
>>52812030
Yeah no way. The ST era is absolute garbage. I would rather an rpg set during OT or even PT for some Jedi goodness.
>>
File: bork charging his laser.gif (263KB, 383x306px) Image search: [Google]
bork charging his laser.gif
263KB, 383x306px
>>52812030
>Mass Effect
>mfw Vanguards with lightsabers
>>
>>52812065
The first forays into the OT (after ANH) and PT (see: the movies) eras were garbage, too. It takes a lot of people having a lot of really cool ideas to make something good.

Of note between ANH and ESB:
>Star Wars Holiday Special
>Splinter of the Mind's Eye

>I would rather an rpg set during OT or even PT for some Jedi goodness.
Pfft, and mess out on the warlords? Bah.
>>
File: 1492480350394.gif (1MB, 250x210px) Image search: [Google]
1492480350394.gif
1MB, 250x210px
>>52812030
>A new Star Wars RPG with the same engine and similar gameplay to Mass Effect would be great, though. It could explore the same era as Battlefront II (the big gap of time between RotJ and TFA) and be fuckin' great.

>mfw Kyle, Wedge and crew on covert missions sponsored by Senator Leia to destabilize the various Imperial Remnant/warlord factions and keep them from either trying to reconquer lost territory or go full N Korea and burn entire sectors to the ground
>Baron Fel and Pellaeon are occasional Imperial allies trying to keep the peace with the New Republic intact
>maybe Luke takes a break from his attenpt at a NJO to help the team take on some force related threat like a resurgence of Dathomiri witches or one of the warlords digging up something from Sheev's personal stash
>>
>>52812328
See, this guy gets it.
>>
What would the rank be of a imperial commander of group of Arquitens, Vigils and Gozantis assigned to pirate hunting duty be?
>>
>>52812701
Commodore or rear admiral, I'd think.
>>
File: 1491958576960.jpg (21KB, 223x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491958576960.jpg
21KB, 223x300px
>>52812328
>another game where you play as a special agent fighting the imperial remnant
>>
>>52812756
Cool thank you
>>
>>52807604
>>52810106
Yoda was more agile and a better defensive duelist.

Palpatine was much better in offensive dueling and his strength in the Force might've been unmatched in the history of both Orders.
>>
>>52812784
>>52810106
Even the literal Mary Sue God character didn't come out of hiding until long after Palpy was gone, because she believed he would beat her.
>>
>>52812513
Okay, let's break it down.

>Vigil-Class Corvette, essentially a recon vessel with advanced sensor gear. Two or four of those would make a Recon Line in the Imperial order of battle.

>Arquitens-Class Light Cruiser. Four of those make a decent pursuit line, they're well-suited for hunting down pirate craft.

>Gozanti-Class Assault Carrier. Smaller than a corvette, but able to project power reasonably well. Anywhere between four and twenty of these make up a Skirmish Line.

So we've got three Lines, say 8 Gozantis escorting 4 Arquitens, with the Vigils as bloodhounds. That is pretty much a classic Light Squadron, with a little extra punch.

A navy Squadron (different to a fighter squadron) is typically commanded by Commadore. Eight squares on his rank plaque, two code cylinders.
>>
>>52812756
>>52812774
>>52812855
A Captain, Commodore, or even an ISB Agent with no real naval rank would be your most likely bet for an anti-piracy patrol fleet. Typically ranks past Commodore/Captain were reserved for bigger ships. A medium group of light vessels and patrol corvettes would be equivalent in overall utility to a Victory Star Destroyer or two, which are typically what Captain+ is given control of, and after that co-command of proper Imperial-classes and bigger ships.
>>
>>52812030

There is nothing for the ST beyond TFA and BFII, and that wide open gap.

tfw you play as a student at Luke's academy and watch as it is burned to the ground and in the end you sacrifice yourself in vain
>>
File: 1478212469737.jpg (750KB, 1920x1116px) Image search: [Google]
1478212469737.jpg
750KB, 1920x1116px
>>52812855
>>52812886
Very interesting stuff, thanks.
>>
>>52804430
Isn't the YT1300 75,000?
>>
>>52812993
Kinda, except for numerous books. But they're all shit.
>>
>>52813396
Not that guy, but y'know, I just started reading Wendig's Aftermath, and I've gotta say, this shit starts off savagely mediocre.
>>
>>52812249
What warlords? There are none in ST.
>>
File: Tempest_Squadron.png (558KB, 800x570px) Image search: [Google]
Tempest_Squadron.png
558KB, 800x570px
Thoughts on this list? I call it the Sentinel Base Defense Fleet
It's mini-swarmy

TIE Striker: Imperial Trainee (17)
Adaptive ailerons (0)
TIE Striker: Imperial Trainee (17)
Adaptive ailerons (0)
TIE Advanced: Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)
TIE/x1 (0)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE Advanced: Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)
TIE/x1 (0)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE Avanced Prototype: Baron of the Empire (19)
Push The Limit (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/v1 (1)
-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --
>>
>>52812784
Wrong. Read the novelization or even watch the duel. Sidious while an amazing duelist wasn't better than Yoda. Notice how Yoda forced Sheev to use the lightning in order to disarm Yoda. He was stronger in the force I'll give you that.
>>
>>52813587
Sidious wasn't a stronger duelist than Yoda, but Yoda wasn't a stronger duelist than him. They were evenly matched. Yoda's powerful defensive abilities kept Palpatine's powerful offensive abilities at bay, and Palpatine's offense forced Yoda to remain on a defense. In a straight saber duel, they would stalemate each other, which they did. In the Force, Palpatine was stronger, but only by a little. Yoda himself was also one of the most powerful Jedi in the Order's history, just as Palpatine was one of the (or the) strongest Sith in the Order's history.
>>
Hello everyone. Apologies if this question is inappropriate to the thread, but /tg/ generally seems to a chill and cool board with knowledgeable anons willing to answer a question posed in good faith.

I'm wondering about the Empire's ability to wage a ground war. The original trilogy generally does not depict them in a very flattering light, I feel, and generally seems to paint their capabilities to be greater in space. It strikes me that this may inaccurate, though. I wonder if maybe the expanded universe materials depict the Empire's infantry in a better light.

Thanks kindly, anons.
>>
>>52813553
There will be. They just haven't been introduced yet.
>>
>>52814150
The empire crushes everyone in their path unless they are a hero like Solo or Skywalker. Period.
>>
File: Air_yoda.jpg (99KB, 1280x581px) Image search: [Google]
Air_yoda.jpg
99KB, 1280x581px
>>52813860
No you are wrong and where is this Yoda is a defensive duelist coming from? Yoda's prefered form is Ataru also known as the aggression form. It is characterized by it's aggressive and offense focused flipping, leaping and cartwheels meant to keep a foe off balanced. Sheev lost to Windu in their duel for Christ's sake. I know you are a Sheev fanboy but he absolutely is not equal to Yoda when it comes to dueling. It's in the official novelization.
>>
>>52814150
Generally speaking, the Rebellion did not have the ground power to match the Empire in a fair fight until well after Endor, and was restricted to raids, skirmishes and guerrilla warfare. If they were caught out in the open, they were generally annihilated.

The AT-AT was considered an absolutely terrifying vehicle, and unless you had a Jedi (generally, you didn't) or total air superiority, there wasn't a whole lot you could do to stop it. Even AT-ST walkers took a lot of killing.

The Empire's doctrine emphasized mobile warfare and complete, overwhelming force. When they were able to pin the Rebels down somewhere, the inevitable result was lots (and I mean lots) of Rebel casualties.
>>
File: 1475725822014.jpg (179KB, 732x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1475725822014.jpg
179KB, 732x1035px
Alright, folks:

So do ships in starwars orient themselves using lil microthrusters we don't see, or by using some aspect of the inertial compensator to basically spin themselves and manipulate their inertia for turns/etc.

Bonus: Do starfighters dogfight and all ships bank because after millennia it's come to be seen as a superior method to have the ship artificially handle like an atmospheric ship for ease of training/feel?

Double Bonus Infinite Crisis: Why do they use starship combat? Is it because hyperdrive means that long range engagements are basically useless?
>>
>>52815186
Space in Star Wars works weird. Accept that and don't worry too much about how anything maneuvers.
>>
>>52815234
yeah, but it's a fun thought experiment, trying to explain how everything works. Like basically trying to gauge how a world so insanely advanced approaches spaceflight now that it's the most trivial thing in the world to them.
>>
>>52815257
Fair enough. Seeing as how we don't really see examples of maneuvering thrusters on most ships, my running assumption is that sublight engines can adjust the direction of their thrust, but it doesn't have any visual indication.
>>
>>52815186
I just assume that every flat surface has a repulsor array underneath. Goes a long way towards explaining why the X-Wing and B-Wing look the way they do.
>>
File: 1489372327074.png (38KB, 700x662px) Image search: [Google]
1489372327074.png
38KB, 700x662px
>>52815186
Space Opera.
>>
File: a pit of nerds.jpg (1MB, 1632x816px) Image search: [Google]
a pit of nerds.jpg
1MB, 1632x816px
>>52815336
boo, no fun
That's great and all, but its far more interesting to me to approach this stuff like weird archaeology

>>52815296
>>52815310
it's interesting, because in Rogue One when the ISD is powerless, only THEN forces can be applied to it via the hammerhead corvette, which suggests that unless certain technologies are active, they can't maintain these impossible orbits or positions or what have you
>>
>>52815423
Weight is still a factor. Meme new-canon loves to introduce bullshit like pushing a giant ass ISD with a tiny corvette or hyperspacing within a planet's atmosphere.
>>
>>52815423
I think the need to ion the ISD was so that they didn't just immediately ramp up thrust and push the hammerhead right back.
>>
File: corvette slice.png (278KB, 800x340px) Image search: [Google]
corvette slice.png
278KB, 800x340px
>>52815449
While I agree that new material has been pretty heavy on spectacle over substance during action scenes, did you see the engines on the corvette? The little bastard is built like a tug.

The pushing wasn't what required suspension of disbelief, it was the ISD slicing through the other like butter.
>>
File: 1490553180344.webm (3MB, 956x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490553180344.webm
3MB, 956x400px
>>52815710
Yeah, but the crippled ISD was still moving forward on its own inertia. Combined with the Hammerhead pushing it ahead of its center of mass, it turns it into a very high-mass ram that skids just a bit over the other ISD's armor plating before reaching the base of the rise to the tower, where the exposed structure doesn't have as strong of armor. So that structure buckles before the inertia of the second ISD can be overcome. Allowing the colossal mass with a lot of inertia to find its path of least resistance: straight through.
>>
File: mack_sztaba_01.jpg (740KB, 1800x1078px) Image search: [Google]
mack_sztaba_01.jpg
740KB, 1800x1078px
Spaceships in star wars are pretty heavily dependant on their shields to keep stuff from blowing them up (shot by energy weapons) whereas their resistance to particles and great big ass rocks is not always that great. Like when Vader ruins most of his strike force driving through asteroids to try to find the Millennium Falcon

You can get some sweet simulation software these days which just means you make a CAD structure out of whatever and either throw it or throw things at it to figure out how well it responds to physical forces. Dunno if they took that extra step to do it in the animation of the scene, it would be interesting to find out.
>>
So if anyone can use a lightsaber - why do Jedi use lightsabers?

Growing up I got the idea (idk if I read it or what) that regular proles literally couldn't handle one, it'd work badly or would be too hard to use or too hard to cut yourself, but nu-canon is perfectly happy to hand them out to everyone (eg: the lame darksaber bs)

And if anyone can use them - why don't more people use them? Wouldn't everyone have light-knife, at least? Even if they're expensive, surely the galaxy would be full of them. Top-tier bounty hunters and Imperial officers and elite troopers would all be running around with them
>>
>>52816968
Making them is actually the hard part, and also, a weightless blade means you can accidentally kill yourself with the slightest miscalculation. Jedi force abilities - namely, precognition and awareness abilities - prevent them from killing themselves by accident and make it much, much, much harder to kill them when they can block blaster bolts with a hand held weapon.

It's a case of a tool being suited to psychics and precogns than the average citizen.
>>
>>52816988
>a weightless blade means you can accidentally kill yourself with the slightest miscalculation.

as I said though, this is what I used to believe, but there's several examples now of normies using them fine - with no special training
>>
File: WOLVERINES.jpg (145KB, 759x695px) Image search: [Google]
WOLVERINES.jpg
145KB, 759x695px
>>52816968
Basically, only a space wizard can really make them reliably.
You could probably make an analogue for normal folks that would do the same, but at that point when you've invested time, money and resources into big ol light bats- you could have made something far easier to use, doesn't involve running up and whacking someone, much less training to be competent in using it and ultimately very effective.
Its called a gun.
Guns don't need you to be physically fit, overly strong or even very good with them to actually kill someone else. Just like swords got phased out by reliable guns, light sabres suffered much the same fate to the point they're really only a sidearm to crazy anachronisms larp'ing around claiming there's midichlorians making them do stuff.
>>
Kisscartoons got taken down and I haven't finished Season 3.

Where do you lot watch them?
>>
>>52817256
Should have what you need
https://mega.nz/#F!6kczUR6L!03HhW1zTC92RQPHlO3Yi0w
>>
>>52817126
It's not impossible - but in combat, you have a good chance of doing so - that's why two handing them is safer than not.
>>
>>52813312
No it's over 100,000
>>
>>52812025
>Free Radical's Battlefront III

Every time I am reminded that this was so nearly a thing, I die anew insidde.
Fuck lucasarts and everyone involved in the decision to shaft FR, and fuck them forever.
>>
>>52815186

Pretty sure in the Rogue Squadron comics, one of the pilots mentions that the mechanics got her manuevering thrusters up well beyond par.

So I assume the first option.

They bank like planes because that's what the films looked like becuase they were based on WW2 battle of britain movies.

The hyperdrive reasoning for the relatively close range combat seems sensible though.
>>
>>52817667
It's so depressing seeing all the projects that Lucasarts fucked with to the point that cancellation was the only option, and those that they simply cancelled.

Now that I think about it, you have all these reports of Lucas meddling with game projects or straight up cancelling them. And you look at the dates, and it started around '05-'06...

I'm starting to think George started messing with Lucasarts (and eventually pretty much killed it) because he was done with the prequels and had nothing to do with his life...
>>
>>52816968
Even if you don't buy the "you'll chop your own head off" thing, sabers aren't really useful to non-jedi. You can't reflect or block attacks without force abilities (aside basic parrying anyway). A high quality vibroblade is just as handy if all you need is a sword.
>>
>>52816968
what >>52817138 said.
Also during the empires rule they were busy hunting down any jedi related stuff, if a civ or bounty hunter started waving a lightsabre around they would quickly get a lot of imperial attention. Id also imagine you could sell it for a decent amount and just buy a nice blaster and have money to spare
>>
>>52816968
1. Those were the only weapons they had at the time
2. They are main characters not Joe Schmos
>>
Please tell me everything you, /swg/, know about the Outbound Flight.
>>
>>52818334
Thrawn dindu nuffin Emprah was tryin to save the galaxy from the Vong goddamn Jedi were wrong the whole time
>>
>>52818539
O-kay, can I get a slightly less retarded answer?
>>
>>52818546
I sincerely doubt it.
>>
>>52818584
Well, you can't blame a guy for trying.
>>
>>52817667
Game was shit.
>>
>>52812784
>defensive and agressive duelist

t. fatfag that has no idea how Sword duel works
>>
>>52814150
The rebels were pretty much outmatched in most situations aside from covert ops, guerilla warfare, freedom fighter/terrorist type stuff.

The empire had an entire galaxy of resources to exploit and countless settled and developed worlds to recruit and arm people from. A straight up fight was pretty much impossible for the rebellion until the empire shattered.
>>
Has anybody ever experimented with giving Corran Horn the Snap Shot EPT?
It seems like it'd be cool getting 3 attack rolls off of one ship in a turn.
At range 2-3, that's 8 attack dice, at range 1 it's 10 attack dice. All off of one ship in one turn.
>>
>>52815710
>>52815805
Yeah, the strongest plate on the top ISD hit the weaker point on the bottom one.
>>
>>52818546
Thrawn joined the Empire because he belived it was the best chance the Galaxy had against the likes of the Vong, Palpatine wasn't preparing JUST for the Vong, but still would have fought them to keep his plaything.
>>
>>52818546
Outbound flight was a ploy by Palps to off a few more Jedi early, ended up recruiting a pretty capable alien strategist completely by accident.
>>
File: swd04_preview7.jpg (29KB, 590x250px) Image search: [Google]
swd04_preview7.jpg
29KB, 590x250px
>>
>>52819611
>Come, the time has.
>And so have I.
>>
>>52819611
>Yoda impregnates Shmi Skywalker
>>
>>52819308
At PS8 Corran will have a hard time triggering it except against higher PS or in a big scrum where people willingly fly into your arc.

It's not a bad idea, per se, but definitely not my first choice.
>>
>Incom successfully sells the T-65b to the Empire and wins contracts over Seinar.
How is the setting changed?
>>
>>52819886
Raith Sienar defects in a rage and the Rebellion gets a LOT Weirder.
>>
>>52819905
Aaron Allston instead writes about the adventures of Wedge Antilles and Raith Squadron.
>>
>>52819886
>>52819905
Eh... Sienar doesn't fit the Rebellion. More than likely the Empire has access to both TIEs and X-Wings, the Rebellion has to do with dinghy old Koensayrs, like Y-Wings and B-Wings.
>>
>>52820123
Never underestimate the irrational reactions of an angry Glitbiter.

I bet if it wasn't for their work together he would have quit over losing the "Long range Fighter" contest to Cyngus.
>>
>>52819886
Most likely the T-65 in imperial service would be deployed in about the way the defender was supposed to have been, say one squadron in 3-4 would have them instead of TIEs
The rebellion and quite probably underworld groups would also do their utmost to knock the thing off ASAP and by ~3ABY we'd probably be seeing X-wings flying for practically everyone who could afford one. It could be interesting
>>
>>52795779
The inclusion of politics in the prequels is one the biggest points that everybody hates, but I honestly found those scenes to be the most enjoyable.
>>
File: IMG_0451.jpg (22KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0451.jpg
22KB, 260x194px
>>52820801
>>
>>52820801

That's because you're a fucking cool guy.
>>
>>52820801
That's because those scenes have some weight to them. They're discussing things that effect just about every being in the galaxy in some way, as opposed to all the whining about relatively minor interpersonal issues in the rest of the PT.
>>
>>52820801
>>52821170

Not to mention a majority of them feature Sheev, who is by far the most enjoyable character in the prequels.
>>
How do you guys feel about papercraft proxies due to the priceyness of expanding into a second faction?
>>
>>52821380
What game?
>>
>>52821405
Warmachine.
>>
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/4/18/expand-your-galaxy-1/

new article up for Disciples of Harmony, I feel somewhat meh about the races.
>>
>>52821749
Pauans are cool
>>
>>52821749
I'll accept it, IF Arkanians also have rules for offshoot waifus.
>>
>>52821749
I hope they do Miraluka at some point, would make a lot of sense for the Mystic
>>
>>52822023
>>52821749

I second offshoot waifus.
>>
Which FFG splat is it with the Raider-II and the Gladiator?
>>
>>52822235
Friends Like These
>>
File: dHpPQur.jpg (465KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
dHpPQur.jpg
465KB, 1500x844px
>>52814150
The only times the Empire performs badly in ground war is due to several factors:
1. Authors having the hero characters be Rebels. Plot armor is stronger than the Suncrusher.
2. It's in a video game where the player is a Rebel. Note that the same happens in games where the player is an Imperial.
3. The Empire is heavily outnumbered and cut off from support, and the Rebels have to throw everything they have at them.
4. The Empire is genuinely outmatched and beaten.

On a scale of rarity from what I've noticed in the E.U, the frequency of these factors occurring is in order from 1>3>2>4. The Empire very rarely performs poorly without some deus ex authora or video game canon intervention, though that isn't to say that sometimes the Rebels do get the drop on them and fuck shit up, but the Rebels very, very, very, very, very rarely beat the Empire fair and square, even after 4 ABY and the outbreak of the Imperial Civil War.

Despite my namefag, it isn't bias, it's actual E.U. observation.
>>
>>52822349
The Rebellion did do quite well with guerrilla, spec op, and unconventional warfare. Their training on that front was good, and they allowed tactics and training that the Empire either considered cowardly or restricted. Rebel commandos were very desperate, and usually they weren't there for pay, but because they were the individuals who put the most personal stock in the Rebellion, and they had to; joining commando units in the Rebellion was likened to suicide by a lot of the enlisted. Your training was hellish and you were forced to act independently, often deprived of resources on purpose to make a stronger soldier. What resulted were desperate yet relentless people that didn't care about pay, rules of engagement, or even their own lives at times. One example: a huge Rebel capital ship accidentally hyperspaced in to an Imperial shipyard, surrounded by 42 or more Star Destroyers. They demanded surrender, the Rebel ship (overseen by a leader of Rebel special forces) said no and was almost instantly annihilated as they opened fire, but a group of Rebel commandos escape podded out and rather than flee actually went to the Imperial ship station itself. They too were almost all killed, but their leader snuck off and evaded station guards to drop a thermal detonator down a fueling shaft from the station to a Star Destroyer. It set off a catastrophic reaction and destroyed the Destroyer and damaged the station itself, then she escaped in the ensuing confusion. The Rebels were utterly destroyed in outright combat. Their strongest ship was destroyed before it could even start shooting. Their commandos were almost entirely wiped out. But because of unconventional thinking and an ironically suicidal will to live, a few escaped and took a Star Destroyer with them. Even as an Empirefag, I wasn't too unhappy with that event. It showcased the strengths of the Rebellion and weaknesses both in a fair light.
>>
File: swm27_layout.png (644KB, 500x660px) Image search: [Google]
swm27_layout.png
644KB, 500x660px
>>52815805
I'm looking forward to the Hammerheads coming to Armada. But I seem to be the only one who plays.
>>
>>52822594
I'll play with you anon.
>>
>>52815710
>>52815805
The scene was dumb cinematography in a dumb movie. Who was the guy here last time that posted the mathematical equation of why the Shithead ramming the ISD was physically impossible even from physics-exaggerated standpoints?
>>
>>52822674
>physically impossible
Oh I'd love to see some autist pretend to know the math behind engines powerful enough to propel ships beyond light speed and the tensile strength of the materials the ship is made of that can withstand those blasts beyond light speed.
>>
>>52822594
Have you messed around with TTS? I've heard good things but haven't sat down to start learning it yet.

Also, what would be the upper limit of an acceptable price for those hammerheads? I couldn't figure out anything fairer than 35 points. those crappy arcs really do not impress unless we've got it genuinely cheap.
>>
>>52822235
>>52822300
>>52822714
>Oh I'd love to see some autist pretend to know the math behind engines powerful enough to propel ships beyond light speed and the tensile strength of the materials the ship is made of that can withstand those blasts beyond light speed.
>Hyperspace is realspace FTL.
How fucking new are you?

Also the big, flat solid piece of armor hit the less well armored raised section, it probably should not have gone QUITE as far in as it did but a little makes sense.
>>
>>52822925
space opera
>>
File: 1416287829321.jpg (67KB, 350x526px) Image search: [Google]
1416287829321.jpg
67KB, 350x526px
>>52822674
We're talking about a setting where space combat is fought at single kilometer ranges, ships bank like atmospheric craft, and space wizards who can see the future and fought exclusively with laser swords were all the rage until they got wiped out by a guy who can shoot evil lighting from his fingertips. Yet here you are spouting off about ramming maneuvers being "physically impossible". Let that sink in a minute.
>>
>>52822674
Go back to watching LotGH
>>
Just picked up imperial assault. stoked to give this a run!
>>
>>52823115
It's a lot of fun. Are you going to play Campaign or Skirmish?
>>
>>52823393
Hopefully campaign. Have 4 people to play it
Was pretty excited, opened up the box and didn't have a jedi figure. Got 2 of the commando dude. Fuck
>>
File: 1490392842548.jpg (120KB, 1280x998px) Image search: [Google]
1490392842548.jpg
120KB, 1280x998px
>>52820801
Galactic politics was the best part of the prequels. I like movies that don't explain every little thing to you like you're fucking 5. Which is almost certainly why the normies hated it.

Also, since we're getting a lot of stuff dealing around the Battle of Yavin, I'd really like to see a book dealing with the end of the Senate, political fallout from the destruction of Alderaan, and just what Imperial Coruscant is like.

Make Bail Organa a main character, follow some others around, make Mara Jade canon again.

>>52822594
I play. Running a 6 man CC campaign right now. We Rebels aren't doing so hot, but aren't out yet.

>>52822828
I'm thinking like 29-32 for the cheap one personally. Depends on their upgrade bar, but they are amazingly crappy ships. Especially since they only get one evade. You're going to need at least 3-4 of them for them to be any real threat. Getting at least two boxes of them is a must.

Should be out in like 6-8 weeks too.
>>
>>52824541
>make Mary Jade Sue canon again
>>
File: Even palps loves democracy.gif (1003KB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
Even palps loves democracy.gif
1003KB, 245x220px
>>52820801
The deleted scenes-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-hFh35U3go
FF to 4:30
These fill in some huge amounts of information on why people are behaving in various ways, early rumblings of a contingency rebellion, some good old Palps constitution changes and democracy fuck it I'm doing the right thing!
>>
>>52817256
putlocker
>>
>>52824931

I still mourn the cut scenes from ROTS where Padme and Mon Mothma sow the seeds of the rebellion
>>
>>52824931
Having much more Palapatine and Anikin interaction would have been lovely, who knows maybe Ian McDiarmid would have the weight to have the dialogue elevated a bit.
>>
>>52825539
Honestly getting rid of greenscreen 24/7 would do wonders
>>
>>52825539
>who knows maybe Ian McDiarmid would have the weight to have the dialogue elevated a bit

There's no 'maybe' there. Ian 'Unlimited Power' McDiarmid could give a monologue about taking a dark side shit and it would be one of the best moments in the whole saga.
>>
Anyone going to PTL in Toronto tomorrow? Heading up with a buddy
>>
If lightsabers are so powerful, then why don't they just use lightsaber forcefields or lightsaber armor and then just burn through everything.

They would be immune to other lightsabers and blasters.

so then everyone would just be completely protected.
>>
>>52826157
Because the sith would use their red lightsabers which are a +1 due to the hate poured into the khyber crystals
>>
>>52798090
I have a wingman who flies 4 strikers with a bomber. 4 strikers are pretty good. I would do it 4 with howl runner
>>
File: LIGHTSABER KNEES.jpg (178KB, 483x516px) Image search: [Google]
LIGHTSABER KNEES.jpg
178KB, 483x516px
>>52826157
>lightsaber armor
There was an attempt. It got silly. I'm also guessing that being near that much lightsaber would get uncomfortably toasty real fast.
>>
File: Clonegear.jpg (36KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
Clonegear.jpg
36KB, 800x529px
>>52825358
>>52825539
From what I understand, George cut most of them because they where reducing the tempo of the movies, he's very much someone that likes the faster pace. But where that sort of became unstuck was that the viewers where well engaged with the action, later they consider it and end up thinking 'why the hell was that character behaving that way' or 'why did they do that?' and 'how did they make that deduction'

In some ways he made up for that with the CW series that had time to develop concepts and characters in full that they just couldn't do in 120-140min, combining them both means you do get the full effect of Palp's manipulations, failure of the Jedi and the tragedy of Anakin's fall, which we really didn't shown with just the movies. So, in the end I think Lucas actually succeeded overall fairly well at the depiction of that particular era, but not just the films as a stand alone series of 3. That comes down to his direction, but there's other forces at work which he had to sort of shoehorn in as well to make compromises

As a set of films, they're a real trove of information, vehicles, factions and so on which are well worth it if you're a GM that needs ideas. You don't necessarily need to even like them that much (they're not my favs) but there's a lot of meat in those prequels you can nick for games.
>>
Hey /swg/ some faggot here, I've never looked at or picked up the Star Wars RPG, and I'm wondering if the books have options to play as Imperials?

I want to run a game where players can choose to play stormtroopers or sith or something, are there official rules or is it just in the realm of homebrew?
>>
File: imperial duty table.pdf (817KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
imperial duty table.pdf
817KB, 1x1px
>>52826520
Which RPG? If it's FFG's RPG line, then all you need is to replace Age of Rebellion's Duty table with this.
>>
>>52826520
There are foundations set for imperials in the books but you will have to homebrew a little to make it work for your campaign
>>
>>52826520
D6 has the Imperial sourcebook
FFG has AoR, where you play as rebels vs Imps, but you can easily swap the words "Rebellion" for "Empire" and vice versa and you have a perfectly good Imperial book.

And, same as usual, avoid Saga
>>
>>52826568
>>52826569
>>52826623
Yeah I plan on picking up both FF's RPG's AoR and FaD.

Also, is the DM screen different between the two or can I buy the AoR screen and not have a problem with FaD's stuff? I want to do something like one sith leading a squadron of stormtroopers so I'll be using both books.
>>
>>52826645
All the screens are the same from memory
>>
>>52823018 Star wars mimics our world through old movie genres playing out in space instead of earth, with a splash of magic. So unless you can show me a scene where a 1700s galleon slices thru another equal sized galloen with ease, then suspense is broken.
>>
>>52799208
Rogue One guide says it's not used for long range missions due to limited life support, So I'd drop Consumables to a few days. I might also make it so it was Speed 4 Handling 0 with the wing out, Speed 3 Handling +1 with it in and it takes an action to switch..
>>
>>52826844
That's your problem, not the movie's. I hate R1, but you're just a sperg.
>>
>>52826653
>>52826645
No they're not. I only have EotE and FaD and both are very different.
I can't post a picture since I'm not at work, but it's minor differences. Also the booklet that comes with it is different for every version; they all include a unique short adventure, complete with noc and all, as well as some insight and advice for gms. And the coolest thing: additional rules. FaD comes with minor lightsaber crafting rules, AoR has squadron rules, and I forgot what was in EotE

Tl;dr: GM screens are different, get the FaD one
>>
File: NETS.jpg (183KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
NETS.jpg
183KB, 800x532px
>>52826844
Motherfucker the original complaint was about ramming action, don't get sassy with me. A Hammerhead physically interdicting a disabled Imp-I is par for the course in naval fiction, sci-fi or otherwise, because ramming is evocative.

By the time the Gurren Lagann-worthy ship slicing took place, I was personally too high on space fight-enduced endorphins to give a shit about the mechanics of one Star Destroyer decapitating another. Only after the initial viewing do we have the luxury of bickering about how much sense it makes.
>>
>>52823018
>>52826844
>>52826954

>this thing doesn't make any sense
>but it's star wars!

Not a valid excuse.
>>
>>52827138
It makes perfect sense.
SPACE MAGIC
>>
>>52826520
Edge of the Empire has built-in options to support the Empire

Age of Rebellion is easy if you just replace "Rebel" with "Imperial".

Force and Destiny has options for playing Sith, which can transmit to playing Inquisitors.
>>
>>52827138

I mean, it kind of is.
>>
>>52827138
Can you hear noise in space?

Is there fire in space?

It's almost as if Star Wars has physics slightly different from ours.
>>
>>52827182
>>52827212
If a person threw a pebble at a boulder and the boulder exploded, it would not make any sense, and nothing could justify it, even in Star Wars.

A Hammerhead ramming an Imperial-class Star Destroyer is the equivalent of throwing a pebble at a boulder.
>>
>>52827238
>If a person clapped his hands in a vacuum and tan observer heard it, it would not make any sense, and nothing could justify it, even in Star Wars.
>>
>>52827238

I'm pretty sure I've seen that anime.

And also your analogy is wrong.
>>
>>52827264
>I'm pretty sure I've seen that anime.
JJBA?
>>
>>52826152
Wish I had known about this before today, totally would have gone.
>>
>>52827238
Most pebbles don't have a quartet of torch drives built in, Mister Metaphor. Have a second (You) for the road.
>>
>>52827258
The problem is it's been established in lore that a Star Destroyer is extremely large and heavy. By Star Wars' own rules a Hammerhead could not ram it successfully without blowing up itself, let alone pushing it forcefully in a direction. People hated the Suncrusher so much because it defied a lot of pre-convened Star Wars rules. It couldn't be justified by "it's Star Wars", because that's not a good excuse.

>>52827264
It really is. A tiny object of little mass striking a much larger object of much more weight.
>>
>>52827291
The pebble could hit the boulder at a million miles an hour, but it still wouldn't blow it up.

I feel I'm just repeating myself at this point though. It's been explained time and again on other boards and here too why it makes no sense and is impossible even by the standards of Star Wars, and the only counterargument is "It's Star Wars!"
>>
File: tugboataircraftcarrier.jpg (71KB, 736x525px) Image search: [Google]
tugboataircraftcarrier.jpg
71KB, 736x525px
>>52827306
>>
>>52827306
>It really is. A tiny object of little mass striking a much larger object of much more weight.
Bullets can't kills people by this logic
>>
>>52827339
Boulders have no vital organs.
>>
>>52827362
It's a matter of density and speed, not size.
If the Hammerhead has dense enough armor on its prow, it's tearing right though an ISD.
>>
>>52827238

>If a person threw a pebble at a boulder and the boulder exploded, it would not make any sense, and nothing could justify it, even in Star Wars.

>the person is Hercules
>the pebble is made of a superior stone or even iron ore
>the pebble is blessed by the gods or some outside force
>the pebble hit a structural weak point in the boulder causing it to fall apart
>the boulder already had significant significant damage from previous unseen events
>the boulder is actually made of gunpowder
>the boulder was on top of a landmine and the minor extra force of the pebble sufficiently shifted the mass to activate it
>a P-47 just happened to shoot the boulder at the same time causing the illusion that the pebble destroyed it

I mean you can get more and more contrived but you can get all sorts of shit to work, especially since we have no idea the exact forces involved besides what is portrayed on screen. We don't know the actual mass of an ISD, we don't know the mass of the hammerhead, we don't know the thrust output of a hammerhead (as far as we know that thing cold be literally nothing but thrust), we don't even know the full time frame of the event because movie editing makes scenes much shorter than their real-time equivalent.

And again as other have said, Star Wars physics don't operate like real world physics. There's giant creatures that would otherwise be unable to function due to cardiovascular problems, there's unusually dense asteroid fields, people build moon sized battle stations that don't massively fuck up the tidal system and ecosystem of the worlds they orbit. Star ships engage each other at nearly point blank range on a realistic scale, despite having small hyperdrives nobody has made hypserspace cruise missiles to replace fighters and bombers, and soldiers during the clone wars march in massive Napoleonic formations in large engagements while using proper cover in other smaller ones. Star Wars has very little realism.
>>
>>52827375
The ISD's armor is thicker beyond belief.
>>
>>52827409
prove it
>>
>>52827331

The actual counterargument is you're a giant autist, and "its star wars" is the catch all for "you know this universe doesn't follow the normal rules of physics, right?".

An object in motion stays in motion, and the ISD cannot exert any additional counterforce and there's no space friction, and without it's own shitload of thrust it would naturally deorbit anyway. The hammerhead just brings a lot of force to change the trajectory of the ISD. If you want to get up in arms about size/power of engines vs mass of the ISD, we probably need to have a talk about how the death star performs maneuvers to orient itself and THAT is where "also it's Star Wars" comes in.

>>52827375

It's not like it even tears.
>>
>>52827431
>>52827375
Prove it.
>>
>>52827331
>[opinion] IS A FACT
>not really
>YEAH HUH I HAVE PROVEN IT EVERYWHERE BUT PEOPLE KEEP TRYING TO TELL ME I'M WRONG, HERE IS SOME FALSELY PREDICATED LOGIC AND A WILDLY TANGENTIAL ANALOGY TO PROVE WHY PEOPLE SHOULD STOP HAVING THOUGHTS DIFFERENT FROM MY OWN
Why do so many autistic shitposters display identical patterns of self-aggrandizement and victim play?
>>
>>52827458
>It's not like it even tears.
it crumples the ISD's armor on impact, only after adjusting speed does it push the larger ship.
>>52827492
Burden of evidence is on the claimant.
>>
>>52827498
>Why do so many autistic shitposters display identical patterns of self-aggrandizement and victim play?
>autistic
answered your own question
>>
For what it's worth, I'm like 90% sure I remember "small ship sacrifices itself to ram one large large enemy ship into another" from at least one age of sail pulp story, which is the kind of thing star wars likes to emulate
>>
>>52827458
So people who question the plausibility of something happening in Star Wars are "giant autists"? It isn't a playground where anything can happen for no reason because you, in your own opinion, think it should. Even lightsabers and Space Wizards operate off of tangible, realistic concepts. Lightsabers are machines constructed from basic parts that utilize focusing crystals to emit a powerful beam of continuous energy so long as the mechanism is ignited.

It isn't just "Space Wizard Sword LOL", for example.
>>
>>52827518
>>self-aggrandized victim play is the new culture, haven't you heard?
>>
>>52827563
>Lightsabers are machines constructed from basic parts that utilize focusing crystals to emit a powerful beam of continuous energy so long as the mechanism is ignited.
if it's a beam of light, how is it contained, wouldn't the light go on in one direction for quite some distance and then gradually fade? Instead it is contained and ends abruptly.
Explain this shit.
>>
>>52827563

you say:
>>Question the plausibility

but you mean:
>> complain about suspense being broken.
>>
>>52827331
A 5g pebble hitting a boulder at 1 million miles per hour would hit with an impact force of about 4996119040 Joules, which is almost 5000 sticks of dynamite. There's a case to be made for the boulder exploding.
>>
>>52827587
It isn't a literal beam of light, but a self-contained reciprocating cylinder of energy.
>>
>>52827563
>>52827587
additionally, why don't two LIGHT sabers just pass through each other? How is it that something made of light has mass enough to collide with another similar object?
NOTHING is Star Wars makes sense and that's fine. It's space magic..
>>
>>52827587
It's not actually light. It's plasma contained in an electromagnetic field.
>>
>>52827563

>Even lightsabers and Space Wizards operate off of tangible, realistic concepts.

Those things are not more tangible and realistic than some actual space physics shit. Like, if you can believe that handwave bullshit you just said, about lightsabers which makes no fucking sense, you should buy "Oh sure, the hammerhead is like a reverse tugboat it can totally push an unpowered ship with it's giant armored front".

Also in this canon lightsaber crystals basically are magic - they resonate with the force and might be sentient.

Meanwhile I could totally do a move like the R1 thing in Kerbal Space Program. Which is way more grounded in tangible realistic concepts than star wars has ever been.
>>
>>52827603
What kind of energy is focused through a crystal then contained in a blade shape?
>>
>>52827603

Yeah, that's not actually a thing, you know that, right? You're spouting nonsense right now.

People just accept it because the movie is called "star wars" and laser swords and space wizards are cool.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (261KB, 978x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
261KB, 978x2100px
>>52827407
Good points

Even from a mechanical perspective, you don't want to be in the way of a very large mass moving at another very large mass. It will fuck some shit up.
>Top photo is the USS Frank Evans, a destroyer
>Middle photo is the HMAS Melbourne, which was unable to stop when the Evans was fucking around in front of it...
>Bottom photo is the Evans got cut in half

As >>52827333 points out, tug boats push things around pretty easily, so its not too far out of the realm of fantasy for a small ship on a big burn to at least change the direction of the larger mass, particularly in the low drag environment.
>>
>>52827665
But the Hammerhead is significantly smaller than the Star Destroyer.

>>52827610
>force crystals may be sentient

And that might be the most retarded part of the new lore. I don't buy it.

Seeing as how no one is changing their minds here either way, maybe we can agree to disagree.
>>
>>52827696
Another easy explanation is that the Hammerhead did some technobabble fuckery with its shields, same as the Ram's Head from X-Wing.
>>
>>52827696

>But the Hammerhead is significantly smaller than the Star Destroyer.

Quod Tugboat?
>>
>>52827696
Its a low to no drag environment, the disabled SD is just moving forwards on inertia next to its sister ship in the squadron, all the corvette did was adjust that direction with a push.

Tugs do it all the time to ships coming into ports, the freighters run in at a couple of knots towards their berth, to steer them though they do need some power to direct through their rudder, but its not exactly precises when they're 150m long. Little tugs just adjust it on the way in with their engines and assist with braking. They do that in a high drag environment as well as water is much different to the vacuum of space.
You can throw a brick forever in space until its acted on by another force, underwater you can't throw that same brick more than a few feet in front of you.
>>
>>52827775

Redback, I just wanna say I appreciate you typing out a bunch of shit I would myself type - but decided not to because this fag doesn't really seem to want to engage with actual arguments and just be butthurt - and probably saying it better than I would. You alright.
>>
>hammerheads are old tugs that the rebellion strapped guns to because they're desperate
I'm quite fine with this
>>
>>52827830
I'm not opposed to discussing it, I just don't see the point if I'm just going to be called a giant autist for debating the realism of that scene. This same thing has happened before. The last guy who posted his whole algorithm here was called an autistic faggot for doing so, and maybe he was pretty autistic, but it seems like the other side is the one not interested in discussing it.
>>
Is this /tg/ or space magic physics class?
>>
>>52827964

You're being called an autist because you keep nitpicking the same points and don't engage with the real counterpoints people are making.

Case in point, your post does nothing but talk about how people call you an autist and does nothing to respond to the actual point - fucking tugboats, how do they work?

There's no logical argument to be made about how R1 isn't "realistic" vs Star Wars as a whole, and if it affects your personal verisimilitude that's on you bro, but there's no objective lack of quality to be had here. Or if there is, you're doing a piss poor job of proving the claim. And there's no point in arguing subjectives - humans actually literally understanding each other's cognition would be miraculous.
>>
>>52827996
Is there a difference?
>>
>>52827996

These are different things?
>>
>>52827964
Realism has always been completely secondary to the rule of cool in Star Wars, though. You can argue about the internal consistency of the setting if there's a glaring contradiction with other movie material, but bringing physics into the magical space funhouse is, for lack of another term, pretty autistic.
>>
>waah my factionfu lost at something
>must be unrealistic! Empure should never lose!
>why won't tarkin-sempai justifiably destroy my poibussy like it's alderaan and whisper tender doctrine in my ear?
>>
>>52828290
Now this is autism.
>>
>>52801208
Different anon here, my group's been posting our campaign to YouTube, if that's the kind of thing people are interested in.
>>
>>52828306
Yeah, when paraphrased, your statements do look even more autistic.
>>
File: 1488253161722.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1488253161722.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>52828345
>>
>>52828333
I'll shill mine if you shill yours?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCEz9Cs66tc&t=148s

I've been meaning to do a new one this week... Been busy, and playing...
>>
What would be some good inspiration for a high-level EoTE/AoR combined game? Let's say 300XP over starting level
>>
Starting an AoR game, I'm allowing EoE Careers and I have someone asking about the force classes in both, does the whole, classic star wars rpg addage "all jedi or no jedi" hold true, or should I just make it very clear if it becomes apparent to imperials, they are housing a jedi, they'l have the inquisition on their ass and hope that discourages them from using their power too much?
>>
>>52828576
What era and faction are you looking to do?
>>
>>52829522
Early NR era, mix of fringe types and intelligence operators
>>
>>52829551
Assuming players are pro-NR:
>Bacta War crisis. Players have been given a green light by their intelligence handler to go privateer. Raid Isard's bacta shipments, run blockades to deliver the precious medicine, and skim a little bit off the top while NRI isn't looking.
>Save the whaladons of Mon Cal from the evil clutches of Captain Dunwell. Sabotage Captain Dunwell's whaladon processing center, hijack one of his whaladon submarines, and race to capture the glove of Darth Vader.
>Jakku planetary campaign. Fight the Imp fleet in the void, then take on Imperial ground forces in a campaign reminiscent of WWII's North Africa theater. Substitute Hell's Hammers and the 501st for the Afrika Korps.
>Liberation of Coruscant campaign. After Rogue Squadron's sabotage of the planetary defenses, players join the ground war. Fierce, brutal urban combat taken straight out of Stalingrad and Dan Abnett's Necropolis.
>>
>>52829463
>classic star wars rpg addage "all jedi or no jedi" hold true,
Nah. Force users and normies are well balanced in EotE/AoR/F&D.
The sheer amount of experience it takes a force sensitive player character to reliably move an object offensively slightly influence someone with force powers and use a saber properly would allow a non force using player character to become an ace pilot charismatic cult leader and Big Boss level super soldier.

>or should I just make it very clear if it becomes apparent to imperials, they are housing a jedi, they'l have the inquisition on their ass and hope that discourages them from using their power too much?
yeyeyeyeyeyeye. I love having to be subtle with force powers because of the constant threat of meaningful imperial consequences.
>>
>>52829664
>assuming players are pro-NR
There's your first mistake
>>
>>52829805
Wasn't specified and AoR assumes default Rebel play style, sorry. Flipping it around, then:
>COINTELPRO against NRI agents and smugglers looking to hijack Isard's bacta shipments. Sometimes, you'll also need to put down an Ashern rebellion or two.
>Assist Trioculus in the hunt for the glove of Darth Vader by throwing Team Skywalker off his scent.
>Fight Space Montgomery and Space Patton alongside Hell's Hammers and the last surviving remnants of the 501st on Jakku.
>As the NR fleet looms over Coruscant, Isard has hung the party out to dry. Assist in a scorched earth campaign. Destroy ImpInt safe houses, booby trap key infrastructure and intersections, throw some Krytos virus samples around, and find a ship to get the hell out of dodge.
>Zsinj hires the PCs to do general sneeki breeki stuff. Kidnap Ewoks for genetic testing, extort local planetary governments, suffer the space shits, and hop on one transparisteel leg.
>PCs are a Metal Gear miniboss squad sent by Thrawn to assassinate Kyle Katarn.
>>
>>52829759
>yeyeyeyeyeyeye. I love having to be subtle with force powers because of the constant threat of meaningful imperial consequences.
same but I'm not sure that what my players are into, this is a group i haven't played with for a couple years, and one of the issues we always had was, they hated challenge and wanted to win without trouble, a few of the problem players have left, and they've slotted in some new ones, so i'm hoping it'll be different.
>>
what if you replaced a Diatium power cell in a lightsaber, with like a x-80 or rylith power cell

IF lightsabers are frozen blasters, what if someone used a disintegrator as the bases of the lightsaber instead? Wouldn't that be more effective?

How come Jedi don't use Energy shields like the gungans or crotosis shields along with their lightsabers?

How come the sith get all the cool toys like force sabers and artifacts and such?

Could your lightsaber double as a holocron?

Can a force ghost possess someone like in shadow of mordor to give them force powers or double their force powers?

If Lord vader was such a bad ass, then why doesn't he have lightsaber kneecaps?
>>
is A New Dawn any good/worth reading?
>>
>>52830529
>Can a force ghost possess someone like in shadow of mordor to give them force powers or double their force powers?
I had a Force Ghost possessed suit of armour, so I guess that idea makes sense. Actually, I think Exar Kun did that to a bunch of guys in the NJO books.
>>
File: Yojimbo_(movie_poster).jpg (154KB, 300x434px) Image search: [Google]
Yojimbo_(movie_poster).jpg
154KB, 300x434px
>>52830529
>How come Jedi don't use Energy shields like the gungans or crotosis shields along with their lightsabers?
Doesn't quite capture the jidaigeki samurai feel that Lucas was going for.
>>
>>52795779
So good news, Chum beat the guy from The Covenat at the Open and it turns out he was there as a backup and filmed the match. He says it'll be up soon.

https://youtu.be/zz6ju17qh6g
>>
I have a question about Star Wars d6 (or rather Space D6, but the games are both practically interchangeable)

How lethal is the game in practice? I'm wanting to run a high adventure science fantasy game, and this has so far been the best system I could find. The only problem is that the damage values seem a little bit too high for what I have in mind. It will hardly do for my players to jump into rush into conflict like I planned only to get shredded by laser fire.
>>
>>52832054
They can spend character points to increase their dice pool for damage resistance. NPCs can do this too, but don't abuse that fact.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.