[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Now with 50% more feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 57

File: what ifs.png (474KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
what ifs.png
474KB, 800x567px
Previous thread: >>52764115

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
>>52785394
Fuck this prequel shit
>>
File: sexy droid.jpg (96KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
sexy droid.jpg
96KB, 900x600px
>>52785418
FUCK CLONE WARS AND FUCK CLONE PEOPLE
>>
File: loth cat.jpg (55KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
loth cat.jpg
55KB, 1024x576px
Someone needs a hug
>>
Any X-wing rumors beyond Wave XI?
FFG puts so much time in between the official announcements of new ships and the actual release that it really kills the hype that builds for them.
>>
>>52785951
Scum Veterans- Kihraxz and Starviper.

Scarif Veterans- Y-wing and X-wing

if episode 8 leaks are true, First order Aces, First Order Interceptor/Bomber eventually
>>
File: 1492390998432.jpg (2MB, 2078x2503px) Image search: [Google]
1492390998432.jpg
2MB, 2078x2503px
>There isn't a grey side of the force they said
>>
>>52786439

Light IS balance, totality, or whatever you want to call it.

Dark is imbalance.

Its not manichean despite the terminology.
>>
>>52786579
>My premise is the proof!
>>
File: C3HdNS3XEAAgXK-.jpg (168KB, 1200x736px) Image search: [Google]
C3HdNS3XEAAgXK-.jpg
168KB, 1200x736px
>>52786579
That's like totally headcanon. Besides my nigger the Bendu would disagree. He is currently the strongest force user in canon.
>>
File: 1471668935090.jpg (242KB, 968x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1471668935090.jpg
242KB, 968x1089px
>Greyfags at it again
>Ohboyherewegoagain.holo
So, /swg/, what are some fun examples of supply chain fuck-ups for AoR PCs to experience? What sorts of things might go wrong when a supply officer fills out paperwork the wrong way?
>>
File: JediPaladin.jpg (284KB, 1231x900px) Image search: [Google]
JediPaladin.jpg
284KB, 1231x900px
>>52786579
Correct. The "light" side of the force is embracing stability and balance while dark side is embracing chaos and imbalance. Note that Jedi/Sith is n not mentioned there.

All things considered, the Jedi are just as much a dangerous threat as the Sith are, as both groups are fanatics that seek to destroy the other side of their millenia-long doctrinal war.

The "gray" jedi are a stupid idea. They're just force users that don't follow the teachings of either camp, and base their outlook in self control while still embracing the chaos of life in general. The Sith are wrong in their views, and the jedi orthodoxy are the same. Both camps extremists.
>>
>>52787061
>Getting triggered by nu-canon
Woah is this...the...power...of...autism.......
>>
>>52787061
Being supplied a battalion's worth of wildly inappropriate environmentelly specialized clothing
Horrifyingly, they've been issued a month's worth of vegetarian omelette MREs and nothing else because somebody mistook the return box for their shipment
Vast quantities of belted slugthrower ammunition for a caliber they don't use, and no correct ammo for whatever slug guns they have, or blaster packs
>>
>>52787455
>Implying Greyfags and Force morality arguments haven't been cancer since before the EU wipe
Legends or nucanon, the horse you're beating is still dead.
>>
>>52787254
>Being this Jensaarai

Nah man the light side is about opening yourself up to the world around you and focus/mental discipline. The Dark is about looking inwards and unleashing your inner passions be it hate/lust/fear/love/yerning for endless Star Wars debates. You're right that neither are inherently evil but always focusing on yourself/your own immediate feelings on any subject I s pretty much a one way trip to asshole town.

If Dark v Light was all about order vs chaos the dark probably wouldn't have fascism as it's almost default government type. The chaos springs more from the constant Galactic scale wars these guys get into when they have a philosophical dispute
>>
>>52787515
I prefer this to anyone discussing which of the new movies is worse.
>>
>>52787533

Caravan of Courage > Battle for Endor
>>
>>52787254
I hate the idea of grey Jedi because it seems people think it's an excuse to start force choking and shooting lightning at the bad guys. "I'm not a dark side user see how I only kill people I judge bad"
>>
The special forces guys in Battlefront 2 should have Death Trooper helmets instead of Pilot helmets, in my opinion. Or normal Stormtrooper helmets painted black with red markings. Anything other than what they have, to be honest. I don't hate what they got, I just think there are much cooler directions to go in.
Always been a rebel fanbuoy anyway.
>>
>>52787731
No worse than dropping large objects on people's heads or bisecting them with a lightsaber.
>>
>>52787786
They have pilot helmets because they are pilots in addition to being commandos.
>>
File: wraith squadron.jpg (299KB, 542x657px) Image search: [Google]
wraith squadron.jpg
299KB, 542x657px
>>52787810
>pilots in addition to being commandos
>Not a game about Dinner Squadron and Silly Squadron
One fucking job, EA.
>>
File: 1492314418287.jpg (153KB, 1183x563px) Image search: [Google]
1492314418287.jpg
153KB, 1183x563px
>>52787863
>shitty marysues in addition to being rebel scum
>>
>>52787958
>Marysues
>Wraiths
Wanna know how I know you've never read Wraith Squadron?
>>
>>52787863

Much as its only fair that Impfags get a campaign for once, since they almost never do - yeah, we came this close to Wraith Squadron.

Ive wanted a Wraith squadron game since always goddamnit.
>>
>>52787989
It could have been a two-sided deal. One campaign could have been Wraith Squadron: Bad Company, the other could have been what we're getting now or Delta Squad 2: Sev's Back Boogaloo.
>>
>>52788021

I wish.
I wish so fucking hard.

But this is modern Dice.
Im surprised they can be bothered with one campaign - having two in one game just wouldnt happen.
>>
>>52787989
Don't worry knowing EA you will be able to with DLC
>>
File: Rogue_Squadron.jpg (420KB, 1118x702px) Image search: [Google]
Rogue_Squadron.jpg
420KB, 1118x702px
>>52787863
>>52787989
>>52788021
>>52788059
Lol nobody cares about Rogue Squadron's retarded younger brother.
>>
File: image.jpg (325KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325KB, 1600x900px
>>52785394
How would you guys stat the Fury in EotE or FaD? The party found a derelict old Sith Empire ship and I want to give them something cool that might also lead to some pretty interesting quest points. Their current ship is a piece of shit and just about to break down
>>
>>52788266
It looks like it's just a TORtanc reskin of the VT-49 Decimator, so take the Decimator stat block then reduce stats to taste to account for wear and tear, and obsolete gubbins.
>>
>>52788190
>shaved headed ladies
HNNNNG
>>
>>52788266
Class 100 hyperdrive shitty weapons and shield. Obsolete access points for astromechs. The ship is 4000 years old it should be shit.
>>
>>52787061
>Extra power cells, that are all drained
>patterns of X-Wings that are so old they barely run
>Plasma torpedoes in a box marked "thermal detonators"
>Helmets designed for the wrong species/a species only one of them is
>>
>>52786579
There is no Grey.

There is Light, which represents Tranquility.

There is Dark, which represents Passion.

They are intrinsically connected, balancing one another as a Yin and Yang cycle.

This has been discussed a million fucking times. There is no absolute morality or binary methodology in Star Wars, especially when it comes to the Force.

Stop trying to force your "but its muh sooper simple kids fairee tael!" shit into a sci-fi fantasy universe with more content than any of us could imagine.
>>
>>52787786
Death Troopers are cool in appearance but fucking stupid in practice, just like Shore Troopers. I'd prefer to have nothing reminding me of one of the franchise's worst movies if/when I play it, thanks.
>>
>>52787958
>>52787967

You're thinking of Rogue Squadron, anon. They're EXTREME Mary Sues, but Wraith Squadron is much better written and far more realistic.

They're still Rebels and fighting the objectively wrong side of the war, but at least they're normal humans with normal ace pilot abilities. They're not pulling a Wedge and blowing up super SDs and Imperial planets with a blaster pistol because he's Wedge and he's cool and he's basically an OC author insert Gary Stu in any EU story he appears in as the main character.
>>
>>52788447
Oh, let me be clear, I hated R1 too. Shore Troopers are fucking clown shoes. Death Troopers had a nice look about them, genuinely menacing in a way that I don't think any other Storm Trooper variant manages.
>>
>>52787989
>well over a dozen games where you play as the rebels or jedi
>four games where you can play as the imperials
>none where you can truly play as a sith

Gee, it's almost like it's about goddamn time they give us an Imp campaign, huh?
>>
>>52788484
Yeah, sorry if I came off as hostile or some shit. I just really fucking hate R1.

Death Troopers definitely look cool though. I almost wouldn't mind seeing them, to be honest. First cool Stormtrooper variant we've gotten in over a decade.
>>
>>52788497

I think you'll find that's almost literally what I said anon.
>>
>>52788497
>none where you can truly play as a sith
Swtor, anon
>>
>>52788515

I'm agreeing with you anon. Mainly directing that to some people I've seen that are angry that it's gonna be an Imperial campaign.

>>52788516
Does an MMO really count? Maybe, I guess. Galaxies also let you play as an Imperial, or Sith, or Jedi, or Rebel, or Wookiee dancer and chef on the side.
>>
>>52788542
>Does an MMO really count?
Swtor is actually really good for an MMO. It's one of the few that's worth subbing for whenever there's a new expansion.
>>
>>52788542

I guess I misread your tone.

But yeah, i mean, as an unrepentant Rebfag, Im disappointed as hell that the Imperials are getting a Wraith Squadron game. But eh, not like Im bitter about it, there's barely any Imp games.
>>
File: Hisoka_2_-_141.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hisoka_2_-_141.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>52788510
Oh it's the shitty empirefag who thinks r1 shit on the imps.
>>
Quick rules question. If I have Stay on Target and Hera Syndulla, is there any weird stacking interactions?

Example: I revealed a green maneuver. Obviously, I can use Stay on Target to swap to any equal speed maneuver, or I can use Hera to swap to any green maneuver.

a. Can I SoT to another direction, making it a red maneuver, and then apply Hera to select any other red maneuver?

b. Can I Hera to a different speed maneuver, and then SoT to select any maneuver of that speed?
>>
>>52787061
They receive absolutely everything they need for their mission - three weeks after the mission was completed with whatever they were able to jury-rig since they didn't have their equipment.
>>
>>52787061

If they're Rebels, then it might not even be that the supply officer fucks up - they just straight up dont have shit.

If its blaster rifles that's one thing, but if it's new snubfighters then theyre shit out of luck, it's going to be a while before they can get those.
>>
>>52788587

It's totally KDYs fault for building ships out of wet paper.
>>
>>52788587
R1 did shit on the Imps, creepy fucking card-dealing yaoi-obsessed gay clown.
>>
>>52788569

As an unrepentant Impfag I'm almost excited to see what they'll do, but I don't have much faith. Even letting you play as the Empire wouldn't make up for a game being total shit.

Plus they'll probably have her go rogue anyway, just like every single shitty story from an Imperial point of view does.
>>
>>52789112
>start of the trailer is her chilling in Le Firstest Order base reminiscing on the good old days when crushing hope and freedom was easier
I sincerely doubt that.
>>
>>52789169
>start of the trailer is her chilling in unknown location reminiscing on the good old days when crushing insurgencies and restoring hope was easier

ftfy
>>
>>52789112

You didn't betray the good guys in TIE Fighter!
>>
>>52789259

No, you were shooting them down.
>>
File: B1A0DlX.gif (986KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
B1A0DlX.gif
986KB, 500x281px
>>52789259
TIE Fighter is probably the only good Imperial game. There's also Empire at War and Galactic Battlegrounds, but you don't exclusively play as the Empire. Battlefront 2's campaign was alright, I guess, but the narrative took an anti-Empire standpoint.

>>52789269
You're thinking of the X-Wing and Rogue Squadron games anon.
>>
>>52789093
Good. They're the bad guys
>>
>>52789308
*in your opinion
>>
>>52789329

Also in setting canon lore*
>>
>>52789348
*in your opinion
>>
Alright, let's try something else
You can cast five people in five roles of your choice in ep IX, excluding the /swg/ rogue squadron dream cast and people who've been in a star wars movie before
Who do you cast, and as who?
>>
>>52789329
>>52789409
The intro to ANH literally calls them evil
>>
>>52789438
And the intro to ROTS says the Separatists have heroes on their side, which is also objectively wrong.

We really gonna do the "Intro says they're evil so they are" argument again?
>>
>>52789451
A hero is a courageous person, not necessarily a good guy. Yeah, there are brave bad guys, so what?
>>
>>52789451

But it isnt.
The separatists arent just the separatist droid army and commanders.

The civilians on their side do include good people.
See Clone Wars and CIS Senator Mina Bonteri who was secrely assassinated by Count Dooku because she was working with Padme Amidala to try and broker a peace between the CIS and the Republic.
>>
>>52789451
Hero vs Villain is by definition a false dichotomy.
While a villain is always a bad guy, a hero is not always good.
There were heroes in the Empire too, they're still the villains of the setting.
>>
>>52789112
>The game ends with you retiring to train the Sheev Youth so you can take back the galaxy as Grandma Admiral

If only.
>>
>>52789475
So the Empire has courageous people, therefore heroes in it, right?

>>52789489
And the Empire isn't just Palpatine and Vader. It's billions of men working for a paycheck or trying to fight for a great cause of galactic order.

>>52789529
I will agree that in the OT and the bad Disney movie, yes, the Empire is the story's antagonist, and yes, in several Expanded U works they're the antagonist. That is objective fact.

It is purely subjective as to whether or not they are evil. Villains are not always evil. There's a big difference between an "antagonist" and a "bad guy".
>>
>>52789572
>So the Empire has courageous people, therefore heroes in it, right?
No shit. Of course they do. They're still villains as a whole
>>
>>52788674
>if it's new snubfighters then theyre shit out of luck, it's going to be a while before they can get those.
>Need new snubfighters
>Rebellion is fresh out
Get in the fucking Lambda, faggots, we're finding the nearest MandalMotors or SoroSuub or Kuat manufacturing yard and stea- errr. LIBERATING VALUABLE WAR MATERIEL IN THE NAME OF THE NEW REPUBLIC. Bring your disruptors.
>>
>>52789572
>It is purely subjective as to whether or not they are evil.
Despite the first movie telling us this is bold yellow text.
>>
>>52789572
>Villains are not always evil.
Is that why the definition of villain uses the word evil to describe them?
>>
>>52789572

Sure!
Except for the fact that canon literally states, unequivocably, that the Empire is evil, and at no point mentions anything good about them.

Like them all you want, that's cool. They have great aesthetics and cool designs.
But they're the villain, and are literally described as evil in canon, and all the actions we see them take in the films are also in that vein.

Pretty much the only 'good' shaded imperial character we see for sure is Captain Needa who personally accepts responsibility for his crew fucking up.
He is promptly executed on the spot.
>>
>>52789627
Well, yeah. It goes "evil villain" because a villain doesn't always have to be evil. Like strawberry cake, or good movie.
>>
>>52789451
Good guys on your side does not mean your side is good.
>>
>>52789572
>It is purely subjective as to whether or not they are evil.

I gots me an opening crawl says different.

The Empire is evil. There may or may not be good guys in the Empire, and Hell, the Empire may or may not occasionally do some good or be less evil than the alternative (but then, the lesser of two evils is, by definition, still evil), but taken as a whole, the Empire is evil. This is a fundamental fact of Star Wars.

Good guys don't blow up unarmed planets for the sake a weapons demonstration, for starters.
>>
>>52789670
No, a villain is always evil.
You're thinking of the "not evil, just misunderstood" trope which results in an antihero.
>>
File: 1490432274077.jpg (69KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1490432274077.jpg
69KB, 520x678px
>>52789670
Right, the "evil villain", counterpoint to the "good villain". That makes sense.
>>
File: GeneralVeers_Murray_TCG.jpg (215KB, 1280x991px) Image search: [Google]
GeneralVeers_Murray_TCG.jpg
215KB, 1280x991px
>>52789628
Man, I want to know more about Captain Lorth Needa. He seemed like an officer and a gentleman.

Also want to know about the unequivocal badass that is General Veers. Now there is a man who got shit done. Apparently his canonical first name is Maximilian, which is ten times better.
>>
>>52789627
From Merriam Webster.
"Villain : a character in a story or play who opposes the hero"

Antagonists are not (always) evil, they simply are the characters who oppose the protagonist, who is not (always) good.

>>52789615
And it also says in big bold text that the Separatists have heroes. Which is wrong. Bringing up the intro to ANH is completely meaningless.

>>52789628
Your entire post is wrong, but I'll try to pick it apart.

>canon literally states
It literally doesn't.
>never mentions anything good about them
If you've been tricked into following Disney canon only, yes, they do say the Empire's done good things. Read the comic about the Stormtrooper Commando. He says that the Empire benevolently came to his backwater planet, cleaned up the criminals, and offered impoverished people like him a chance to make something of themselves. Pay, duty, and service.

>literally described as evil
I don't think you know what that means.

>only good shaded character is Captain Needa
No Imperial officer does anything in the OT that could be even remotely be called evil except for Tarkin. They're all pretty chill guys otherwise.

>executed on the spot
The crew greatly appreciates his selflessness, and he isn't executed until much later by Vader, much to the silent protest of everyone else there.

Vader is evil. The Empire is not. Subjectively.

If you wanna think the Empire is pure evil, sure, go ahead, I won't stop you or even try to argue you. However, don't say it's objective, because it isn't at all. It's your opinion. My opinions are subjective too.

The only objective thing about the Imperialfag-Rebelfag debate is the subjectivity of both sides' moralities.
>>
>>52789683
>Good guys don't blow up unarmed planets for the sake a weapons demonstration, for starters.
Oh boy, here comes Grand Admiral "muh imaginary alderaanian superweapons and defenses" to rev the shitposting into high gear
I can guarantee it
>>
>>52789670
>Well, yeah. It goes "evil villain" because a villain doesn't always have to be evil
Go google "villain definition".
Evil is also the 4th word of the wikipedia page for "villain".
Villains are by definition evil. Villain is not synonymous with antagonist, btw.
>>
>>52789529
>>52789572
>>52789670
>>52789451
The whole argument of subjective levels of evil is stupid too. Just because you beat your wife less than all your brothers doesn't make you NOT a wife beater. You're the best evil person
>>
>>52789732
>And it also says in big bold text that the Separatists have heroes. Which is wrong. Bringing up the intro to ANH is completely meaningless.
But the seps do have courageous people on their side. Hero doesn't not imply good, just brave.
>>
>>52789742
Oh shit, yeah, my bad. Was thinking antagonist, sorry. Not the other guy, btw.
>>
>>52789689
No, a villain is the antagonist, and the antagonist is the character that opposes the hero, who is the protagonist, the main character(s).

Crime movies often have the protagonists being murderous criminals or drug lords opposed by law enforcement, who are the antagonists, the villains of the story.

It does not mean the criminal heroes are good people, and it does not mean the law enforcement villains are bad people.

>>52789683
The Empire is not fundamentally evil, and it is not a fact of the Star Wars universe.

Even taking a planet's destruction as an evil act, that was executed by one man, one single man out of trillions of Imperial personnel and citizens.

>>52789731
The E.U. plays Veers a bad hand unfortunately. Tactical genius, but he breaks his legs when his ATAT crashes on Hoth. He gets into a sick hoverchair - they don't repair his legs because...some reason, but this was written back before Star Wars medical technology was seen as more advanced - yet he continued being a tactical genius badass until he was sent on a suicide mission by a political opponent whom he didn't even dislike.
>>
>>52789742
Straight from Cuckapedia.

A villain (also known as the "antagonist", "baddie", "bad guy", "heavy" or "black hat") is an "evil" character in a story, whether a historical narrative or, especially, a work of fiction.

Notice that "evil" is "in quotations".
>>
>>52789741
>I can guarantee it

Even if Alderaan had superweapons and defenses, that does not change the fact that it was destroyed solely as a weapons demonstration of the Death Star's firepower. Tarkin says so himself:

>"Dantooine is too remote to make an effective demonstration."

So it still means that the Empire was blowing up a planet full of people not because it represented a threat, but rather to demonstrate to the Galaxy that their weapon worked.

>>52789744
Well, actually, it does generally IMPLY good, it just doesn't always mean it.
>>
File: self_defense.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
self_defense.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>52789683

> Good guys don't blow up unarmed planets for the sake a weapons demonstration, for starters.

Self defence.
>>
>>52789732
don't need to be pure evil to be evil, bro. otherwise nobody could be evil.

of course the empire is going to do things that seem good to many people. a lot of what the nazis did seemed good to a lot of people as well. doesn't make the nazis not evil. unless, uh, that's essentially what you were trying to say there?
>>
>>52789755
Woopity fucking doo. The Empire has three guys who could be called evil out of trillions. Give me your point already.

>>52789744
No, we're not talking about subjective levels of evil, we're talking about subjective good and evil, moral relativism. Different subjects.
>>
>>52789741
>>52789815
>>52789820
"The defense systems on Alderaan, despite the Senator's protestations to the contrary, were as strong as any in the Empire. I should conclude that our demonstration was as impressive as it was thorough."

Direct quote from Darth Vader privately, not publicly or propagandishly, talking to Tarkin, from the novelization of A New Hope.
>>
>>52789731

I definitely agree.
I really wish we'd got more background on some of the Imps we see in the films. Especially the ones around Vader - are they assholes like him, or just doing what they can to avoid being chokeslammed by Daddy?

Needa seemed like an okay guy though. May he rip in rip.
That said, jokes on him, ships way smaller than the Falcon have cloaking devices.

>>52789732
Evidently you never heard of the old 'tiers of canon'
The core canon was films. Then it was stuff like Clone Wars which Lucas took a direct hand in.
Then it was books and comics, then games.

Film and Clone Wars canon is the only canon that survived the Didneyworl purge, and it made up the core of old canon.
And in film and Clone War canon, the Empire is described literally as 'evil'.
Im sorry you dont want to admit that, but it's just a fact that is easily verifiable by watching the opening fifteen seconds of New Hope.

In fairness, I agree with you on the fact that some more grey for the Empire would've been nice.
I loved Rogue One giving us more absolutecanon grey for the Rebels, so it'd be nice to see some light from the Empire - people trying to do good in a bad system sorta thing.

Film canon absolutely disagrees so far, other than Captain Needa.

Also the argument that the Death Star was only one man blowing up a planet doesnt hold. Men designed it, men planned it, men proposed the idea of a gun that literally blows up planets, a man gave the order to destroy a peaceful unarmed world, and other men carried out those orders.
>>
>>52789811
Moral relativism is what the cultural zeitgeist is all about these days. Not surprising it shows up on wikipedia as well.
>>
ThE Rmpire from Star Wars is the quintessential evil empire. Like they are THE standard that all Sci-Fi evil empires are measured by. How are you arguing that they aren't evil?

The Rebels are the good faction. You are a moron. End of story
>>
>>52789786
Then why does the opening crawl outright state "the evil Galactic Empire". Given that the entirety of Star Wars is told in the form of a story, following various myth arc tropes very closely, I highly doubt that the opening crawl is meant to be taken solely as an artistic flair.

Star Wars is a fantasy story that happens to take place in space. And part of the tropes of fantasy is that things like evil Empires can and do exist.

>that was executed by one man

No, it wasn't. This is like saying that only Hitler killed Jews, when in reality he probably never intentionally killed a single Jew in his life.

Tarkin gave an order, but there dozens of fire-control operators, engineers, and so on in the Death Star who pulled various levers and pushed various buttons that resulted in the Death Star firing. To say nothing of the fact that no one else in the room tried to override or stop him. To say nothing of the countless Imperial scientists and engineers who designed the Death Star and oversaw its construction and created a planet-killing weapon.

The Empire could only function if the majority of people were willing to enable it, even if only a small percentage of the Galaxy was actively a part of it (to use Nazis again, at its greatest extent only about 10% of Germans were actually members of the Nazi party).
>>
>>52789859

> Men designed it, men planned it, men proposed the idea of a gun that literally blows up planets

The planning stage precedes the Empire.
>>
Any luck on a Ghosts of Dathomir scan?
>>
>>52789910
Cool. Get out.

>>52789859
I know of the canon tiers very well.

In the films, a single line of the intro says they're evil. That is not word of god, and it annoys me that people blindly take every single word of the title crawls as fact and never disputes them because "it's what the title says".

It's fucking Orwellian.

We also are forgetting that the Empire never does anything evil in the movies aside from Alderaan, perpetrated by a single individual. Vader is an asshole, but that's Vader.

Nothing else evil is ever done. The Imperial admiralty and officers are all normal people, pretty cool guys, and military men. No stormtrooper, army trooper, naval marine, or officer does anything evil in the movies, just like no Separatist does anything heroic in the PT.

To say the Empire is evil with no substantiation in the OT because the title says so, and to say the Separatists have heroes with no substantiation in the PT because the title says so, is ludicrous.
>>
>>52789940
Fuck were they supposed to do? All of them just jump up and say no?

>yeah sure tarkin is the one who destroyed alderaan but those gunners and engineers should've said no and risked their lives and jobs and livelihoods to defend a planet they were told probably has weapons and tons of rebel sympathizers and is going to oppose the empire but hey they should know that they dont need to be evil so they shouldnt do it

Most retarded argument I've heard on /swg/ in a long time.

>>52789948
Real world men planned bombs that can blow up entire countries and kill millions of people in half a second.

Are they evil, or are they just weapon designers planning self-defense or warfare equipment?
>>
>>52789968
It's not even out nigga chill
>>
>>52789976
>a single line of the intro says they're evil.

They are also continuously demonstrated as evil throughout the Original Trilogy. We are not given a single shred of evidence in the movies that they are anything less than the bad guys, with the singular exception, as mentioned, of Lorth Needa presumably sacrificing his own life for the sake of his crew (so that Vader in his anger would merely kill him rather than destroy his ship). Even then it happens whilst in pursuit of one of the leaders of the Rebellion, with Needa having every intention of following orders and turning Leia and Han over to Vader.

>aside from Alderaan

Oh, yeah, sure, except for that one time that they blew up a planet with billions of people in it, we never see any acts of evil.

You're also running into the problem that lack of evidence is usually evidence of lack. We never see any indication that the Empire are good.

>The Imperial admiralty and officers are all normal people

Normal people don't say things like "This station is now the ultimate power in the universe!"
>>
>>52790025
> All of them just jump up and say no?

Fex urbis lex orbis - dregs of the city, turn of the world. A nation can't function if the majority of people oppose it. Or in this case, a superweapon can't function if no one is willing to operate it.

"Let's blow up a planet" should have been the Imperial soldiers' sign that it was time for a mutiny.
>>
>>52790117
>Fex urbis lex orbis - dregs of the city, turn of the world

*sorry, that should have been translated as "dregs of the city, law of the world". The basic principle is that the most powerful bloc in a given nation are its lowest members thanks to sheer weight of numbers.
>>
>>52789976
>The opening scroll, which is literally word of God, is not word of God
>>
File: vinaction.jpg (20KB, 275x292px) Image search: [Google]
vinaction.jpg
20KB, 275x292px
>>52789976
Even if we accept your absurd premise that the eradication of an entire planet was just the act of one man, justfied entirely by how the movies don't go out of their way to FURTHER establish the empire as evil (presumably figuring that the narrator outright telling you they were evil coupled with showing them eradicating an entire planet along with every sympathetic character you meet telling you they are evil was sufficient; clearly they didn't know what they were dealing with), any system that allowed one man to get away with doing that would be evil, dude.
>>
>>52788467
>Author insert
No, that would be Corran Horn. Stackpole admits as much. And you're still spouting hyperbole. A lot of the shit that goes down in the Rogue novels' space battles remains within the realm of plausibility in the flight sims. You just need to git gud.
>>
>raging dindu Empires fag is back
Damn, I wanted a comfy thread after a shitty day at work.
>>
You guys really need to get a job
>>
>>52790082
We get Alderaan. That's it.

What evidence is there anywhere else that anyone besides Vader is evil?

We see one arguable instance of them being very evil, and not one single event before or afterward.

>cheesy dialogue proves my point

Fuck you.

>>52790117
Unless you've worked under a government or served in the military, you would have no idea how any of it works, and if you did, you would realize how blatantly, stupidly wrong your point is.

>>52790163
>every sympathetic character saying they're eivl

Who? A lying princess who chooses to lie even when her people are threatened and murders a soldier after he explicitly says he's going to non-lethally subdue her?

A backwater farmboy who knows nothing about the galaxy at large?

A drug smuggler and criminal who is only out for himself?

An old hermit from an old, dead order of wizard knights?

Who is the sympathetic person telling us they're evil here?

>>52790175
>oh shit i can't relax now
>a few people are posting things i don't agree with
>oh the humanity
>>
You know, and they'd cut their own throats if they but knew it, but empirefags and polfags on general really aren't anything but ghosts of the soviet union's longstanding (and successful, just not in the way they intended) effort to sow reflexive contrarianism into western youth popular culture
Lord but those old KGB motherfuckers would die in terror realizing that they'd accidentally resurrected the Hitlerites rather than creating more stalinists to be useful fools
>>
File: 1489189292579.gif (884KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
1489189292579.gif
884KB, 245x150px
>>52790257

>are we info/s/w/g/wars now
>>
>>52790163
Oh, I thought of something else evil the Empire did.

>"The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I've just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently. The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away."
>"That's impossible! How will the Emperor maintain control without the bureaucracy?"
>"The regional governors now have direct control over territories."

The regional governors included such people as Grand Moff Wilhuff "you may fire when ready" Tarkin.

Good nations don't put people like that in positions of direct control over the populace.
>>
File: Trakin_calling_you.jpg (144KB, 1600x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Trakin_calling_you.jpg
144KB, 1600x1202px
>>52790254
>anyone besides Vader is evil?
Anon, I'm fucking begging you. Stop this madness, I know it give a mighty harvest of (Yous) but have some mercy.
>>
>>52790254
>We see one arguable instance of them being very evil, and not one single event before or afterward.
Right. Because it isn't a grimdark movie about the horrors of people suffering under the yoke of the evil empire. You're not supposed to feel depressed watching these movies. So they TELL you that these things are happening instead of showing you, hoping that you're not too much of a retard to understand what they're telling you.

"but anon, who is telling me that?"

The AUTHOR is.Blasting it right into your face through the narration. Him telling you they're EVIL means he now doesn't have to digress into a long, detailed list of their various atrocities. You can fill that shit in yourself, because you now know they're evil.

>Who is the sympathetic person telling us they're evil here?
The guys the author (for our purposes God Himself) has decided are the sympathetic characters.
>>
>>52787613
I would agree for the most part. Battle For Endor was just weird.
>>
>>52789976
Just admit you're wrong and shut up
>>
>>52788057
Dice isn't even making the campaign.
>>
File: death-troopers_f2f9b53f.jpg (106KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
death-troopers_f2f9b53f.jpg
106KB, 768x433px
Let's try to rerail this thread:

In FFG's system, would Death Troopers be minions or rivals?

Oh and by the way, last time someone said that the thread became temporarily better, so daily reminder that Wedge Antilles hops on one transparisteel leg.
>>
File: Tarkin-3@2x_16f7b5db.jpg (79KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Tarkin-3@2x_16f7b5db.jpg
79KB, 1200x800px
>>52790314

Tarkin wasn't exactly evil. He was a career man who believed force was the best way to ensure peace, and so he picked Alderaan, which had been a target of Imperial military intelligence for about five years prior to ANH for its military supplying of Rebel forces, its harboring of Rebel combatants, its increasing defense spending in the wake of Imperial retribution, and the fact that much of its ruling government supported Mon Mothma after she ensured them she would give them personal power in the Republic, were it to be restored. The Moff prior to Tarkin had planned to use a military invasion to subdue Alderaan, but Tarkin estimated that it would be far too costly, and with the Death Star being constructed in order to serve as a defensive battlestation over Imperial Center (or Had Abaddon), Tarkin viewed it as an opportunity to show the Empire's might to both the Rebels and criminal cartels. Upon capturing Leia, he threatened Alderaan to get her to tell him the truth. Yet, she lied, telling him the location of the Rebel base was on Dantooine. Tarkin had already learned that the Empire had routed Rebels and captured their base on Dantooine, so as he was aware of her deception, shocked that she would lie in the face of her own people, he ordered Alderaan's destruction, which was only approved after a very lengthy process of discussion with Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, and several Grand Admirals, until Tarkin convinced the Emperor that destroying Alderaan was the only feasible solution in the short-term. Tarkin later regretted his actions, wishing he had instead struck Yavin first, or wishing that Leia hadn't forced his hand, as Tarkin himself was really not a bad guy. It was the Emperor's approval of Alderaan's destruction and Tarkin's own ego that made him bitter towards Palpatine, and he planned to use his status as a war hero and utilize the Death Star in tandem to overthrow Palpatine and establish himself as the leader of the Empire (continued)
>>
>Greyfags vs cancer fags and empire apologists in one thread

When are we gonna get a /swg/ bingo?
>>
>>52790440
Highest tier minions I think, with NCO/Officer ones as rivals.
>>
>>52790254
>What evidence is there anywhere else that anyone besides Vader is evil?

Motti wants to use the Death Star at the first opportunity. Tarkin wants to blow up planets and rule through fear, utterly contemptuous of any kind of republican or democratic form of governance. Darth Vader (and his Stormtrooper retinue) utilizes torture and kills his underlings for failing him on multiple occasions. The Emperor waxes on and on about how great it is to be evil. Stormtroopers killed Luke's parents for really no reason at all that can be discerned, not to mention a good dozen or so harmless Jawas (that is, questioning them or even taking them prisoner as suspects might have been excusable, but what's the justifiable point in killing them?) The Empire likewise seized control of an independent and as near as I can tell perfectly legal gas mining operation for no reason at all, particularly when its governor had been nothing but acquiescent to their demands in spite of being friends with one of the Empire's targets.

Also the ashes of Alderaan cast a preeeeetttyyyy big pall over the entire discussion.

So that's my list. Now name some discernible GOOD that the Empire has done.

>Unless you've worked under a government or served in the military, you would have no idea how any of it works

The way it works, in the real world, is that you are not required to follow an illegal or immoral order and cannot face charges or consequences for refusal to do so. Blowing up a planet would certainly qualify.
>>
>>52790440
I'd probably go rivals, simply because as more movies come out, Stormtroopers will seem more and more like normal mooks, and as a GM you'll need something that can raise the stakes when the Empire is concerned, but also not be a TPK waiting to happen.
>>
File: Grand_Moff_Tarkin.png (357KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Moff_Tarkin.png
357KB, 480x360px
>>52790461

along with a select few Imperial Moffs in the aftermath. Of course, Tarkin's plan never went to full fruition.

Was it evil to destroy Alderaan? Maybe, just as evil as it was to napalm Vietnam or to firebomb Tokyo. War brings out the worst in people, and on the galactic scale, even the whole population of Alderaan was proportionately similar to Tokyo or any other major city. Tarkin's decision came with regret and hesitation, and Alderaan was a vital military target, whether people want to admit it or not.

All of this relies on your beliefs of Expanded Universe canon, as all of what I've said comes straight from the novelization of A New Hope and from subsequent works based on it. If you follow that portion of the Expanded Universe, then this argument is at least valid and supported, and it might make you think.

If you don't, you can ignore everything I've posted.

I do hope, however, that this at least sheds some light on the Alderaan issue, which has been debated ad nauseam for as long as I can remember.
>>
>>52790505
See
>>52790461
>>52790516
>>
>>52790461
You forgot to begin this with "Luke, did I ever tell you about".

It better at least end with "and he was a good friend."
>>
>>52790535
Spoiler: It doesn't.
>>
>>52790535
It does come off as one of those memeposts, yeah, but it's pretty genuine. And before you say 'Empirefag fanfiction', it comes right out of the ANH Novelization, which was canonical prior to Disney.
>>
> blowing up a planet is evil
> blowing up something the size of a moon filled with people is somehow OK
>>
>>52790405
I'll admit I'm wrong when you give me reasons why I'm wrong.

Hell, I'm not even arguing that the Empire is good, I'm arguing that the idea of them being evil is purely subjective.

Guess what? It is.
>>
>>52790577
>killing people who commit genocide is wrong guyz!

Fascists need to fuck off already, we have a containment board for a reason
>>
>>52790577
>blowing up the death star isn't evil
>why?
>because it was a military target for the rebellion

>blowing up alderaan is evil
>why?
>because it was a peaceful civilian target
>actually, it was a military target for the empire
>_______________________________________________________________________________________
>>
>>52790461
Since you're so sure of it's existence, would you care to provide page references to back up your assertions where tarkin made consultations about blowing up alderaan and later regretted it, and any proof at all that his planned overthrow had anything at all to do with this regret?
>>
>>52790566
>Yet, she lied, telling him the location of the Rebel base was on Dantooine. Tarkin had already learned that the Empire had routed Rebels and captured their base on Dantooine, so as he was aware of her deception, shocked that she would lie in the face of her own people, he ordered Alderaan's destruction, which was only approved after a very lengthy process of discussion with Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, and several Grand Admirals, until Tarkin convinced the Emperor that destroying Alderaan was the only feasible solution in the short-term.

The problem is that movie-canon trumps novel-canon.

In the movie, this scene described here doesn't happen. Tarkin comments that Leia has utterly refused to give up the location of the Rebel base, so he confronts her with the potential destruction of Alderaan. She lies and says "Dantooine" (which he did NOT know about based on a later scene where we learn the Rebel base there had been abandoned for some time), and Tarkin then decides in the moment to continue with the destruction of Alderaan.

Again, movie-canon trumps novel-canon.
>>
>>52790599
Antifa(g)s are just as bad.
>>
>>52790440

Rivals, at least, since theres so few of them and they were definitely the 'no fuck you' tier of troopers who ran out to fight the Rebels.

Id say Rivals base, and then maybe even Nemesis tier for their officers and specials.
>>
File: RiyoChuchi-SoI.png (652KB, 675x816px) Image search: [Google]
RiyoChuchi-SoI.png
652KB, 675x816px
I am fucking trying to figure out what country these empire appologist hail from. If going by EAfront statistics than probably an edgy American or a shitty Russian Ivan
>>
>>52790623
If you want me to find the exact words on the exact paragraph of the exact page, sure, I'll go find my copy of the novelization, if it's still around. I don't mind.

However, by that same coin, how about you find the exact notes that prove Alderaan DIDN'T have weapons, DIDN'T have a defense system, and WASN'T supporting the Rebellion? Sound fair?

>>52790638
That doesn't disprove anything the novel says, though, because it doesn't contradict canon. Tarkin later says he regrets doing it. Just because he doesn't explicitly say "MAN I REGRET DOING THIS" doesn't mean it isn't so.

see: subtext
>>
So, compared to the /cyoa/ mess and /cofd/'s ongoing mageposting, how is /swg/ holding up?

Can anything be salvaged?
>>
>>52790254
>We get Alderaan
Then your argument is over! That's all the evidence we need, a planet had been wiped out. The threshold for "Evil" has been passed.

>What evidence is there.
The Emperor had the Jedi killed (including children), slavery is rampant, the empire contracts mercenaries, they dissolved the senate, oh yeah and THEY BUILT A FUCKING DOOMSDAY WEAPON. Vader, the Emperor, and Tarkin didn't do that by themselves

I AM IN THE MILITARY, I KNOW HOW IT WORKS, SO YOU CAN SHOVE THAT ARGUMENT RIGHT UP YOUR ASS. Soldiers will question any order they are given that sounds that wrong. And RoE exist for a reason. We aren't going to fire artillery at a previously unengaged, civilian occupied, city without evidence of enemy occupation. No matter what higher says, I don't care if it comes from the Commander in Chief
>>
>>52790692
>some nerds like a particular group from a story about space wizards and lasers
>OMG FASCIST APOLOGIST POLITICALLY MOTIVATED SWINE EDGY RUSSIAN SHIT AMERICANS POLITICS LOOK AT THESE FASCISTS GO TO POL I CANNOT LITERALLY LITERALLY CANNOT BELIEVE THIS I CANNOT ACCEPT A DIFFERENT VIEW I CANNOT FASCISM
>>
Would Anakin have been a good dad?
>>
>>52790599

What if there were fifty righteous people on the Death Star?
>>
>>52790711
>had the Jedi killed

And the Jedi killed the Sith. Both orders have slaughtered each other more times than one can count. They're in a perpetual ideological holy war.

>slavery is rampant

Of aliens.

>contracts mercenaries

Rebellion supports and recruits mercenaries, criminals, murderers, Separatists, and Hutt aid.

>dissolved the senate

And?

>doomsday weapon

Military device.
>>
>>52790566
>Canonical until Disney

Not exactly. Under the old rules the novelizations were only canon as far as they aligned with the films, and the OT novelizations have some pretty serious discrepancies in some places.

At best you can say the novels fill in a few gaps in the films, but anything that isn't supported by the films or even outright contradicted shouldn't be considered as being canon if its in the novelization.

Disney (well, Del Rey) even tried to go with the whole "novelizations are canon insofar as they align with the films" for a bit before retreating from that altogether - probably at the LSG's request, as recanonizing the novelizations brings in a bunch of extra stuff that they weren't sure or ready to bring back.
>>
>>52790701
No general on this board is worse than cofdg but swg is getting there
>>52790732
Nobody but imps are sperging out
>>
>>52790734
No, he would have been awkward as fuck around them having never had a real father figure to imitate, constantly used Jedi work as an excuse to run off across the galaxy, and his kids probably would have ended up even worse off than they did.
>>
>>52790732
There's a difference between thinking Stormtroopers look cool and justifying the destruction of an entire planet
>>
>>52790700
Read motherfucker, it's a timing issue. You say that Tarkin always knew Leia was lying but as Anon points out we see in the film that he only later discovers that.

And even believing that he has squeezed the rebel base out of her he then stands there and oversees a loss of life greater than any that non-fictional humans have been able to precipitate. I might add he takes great personal pleasure in this as is expressed through Peter Cushing's wonderful acting.
>>
>>52790734

Depends on your metrics.
Going by the sheer level of insane fuckery he was willing to engage to try and save the life of his wife, you can at least assume he wouldve definitely been a very protective dad would never have let his kids come to harm.

Going by Clone Wars too, he'd probably have been at least a decent father - perhaps a bit too arrogant, but even then not that much.
>>
>>52790700
>That doesn't disprove anything the novel says, though,

The entire sequence of events is totally different. There is no lengthy debate about the destruction of Alderaan, it happens in the moment. Tarkin doesn't know about the lie until long after Alderaan's already destroyed.

None of his actions or emotions in the movie suggest regret. Anger at having been lied to, sure, when he orders Leia's termination. But after that he seems just as blithely detached concerning the destruction of an entire planet as before.

>Alderaan DIDN'T have weapons, DIDN'T have a defense system, and WASN'T supporting the Rebellion?

The issue is, how many people on Alderaan were doing such, whereas how many people on Alderaan were just carrying out their day-to-day lives? Realistically, it can't be that many. Most people have shit to do with their lives.

>>52790711
>No matter what higher says, I don't care if it comes from the Commander in Chief

Correct me if I'm wrong, but depending on the order, aren't you under certain circumstances not only allowed to disobey it, but actually required by various laws to actively work against it?
>>
File: Jedi Outlaw.jpg (411KB, 1019x1188px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi Outlaw.jpg
411KB, 1019x1188px
>>52787528
>If Dark v Light was all about order vs chaos the dark probably wouldn't have fascism as it's almost default government type. The chaos springs more from the constant Galactic scale wars these guys get into when they have a philosophical dispute
I was actually thinking about this a while ago and came to the same conclusion, that the chaos/order things doesn't gel that well when the Sith always side with the fascistic Empire and the Jedi with the democratic Republic. But let's be honest, it's probably because "order good, chaos bad" is easier to understand than actually considering the actual philosophies both paths would hold. Though honestly, both the Sith and the Jedi look like cultists. The Sith far more than the Jedi, but they both have uncompromising core beliefs and devalue anything and anyone outside their groups. Seriously, just tell me that Obi-Wan's "Only a Sith deals in absolutes!" doesn't sound like a cultist's automatic response when confronted with someone who demonstrates how full of shit his beliefs are. Part of me really wants to see something like Jedi Outlaws just so these people would actually start having to talk with each other and discuss ideas in-depth. I realize it's not going to happen, but still.
>>
>>52790763
>Of aliens

Of people.
>>
>>52790791

No. Usually what happens is an Impfag posts about the Empire, then a bunch of Rebfags or Libtards jump in whining about fascism and slavery.
>>
>>52790818
>great personal pleasure

He doesn't.

>>52790801
>justifying

It's been justified, tard.
>>
>>52790868
No fuck off impfag. Not only are you ruining this thread you are also ruining the /co/ star wars general
>>
>>52790893
To an armchair-general autist, maybe
>>
You know what, maybe there's no real point to me or anyone else starting these arguments.

No one's opinion ever changes on the internet at the hands of others. It's pretty much fact. Debates like this only serve to entrench ourselves in our beliefs.

Faggots who think the Empire isn't evil will always think that unless they change their opinion on their own.

Faggots who think the Empire is pure evil will always think that unless they change their opinion on their own.

It doesn't matter what any of us will say or do or what we'll argue or why. No one is going to turn to our opinion, not on here. It's all pointless. Nihilism but with arguing about the morality of fictional ancient people in a fantasy universe with spaceships and aliens.

Fuck it.
>>
>>52790893
>"You're far too trusting. Dantooine is too remote to make an effective demonstration - but don't worry. We will deal with your Rebel friends soon enough."

Cushing delivered this line with what sounds to me like a sense of bemusement at Leia's naïvety. He certainly doesn't come across as in any way, shape, or form troubled at the prospect of killing billions.
>>
>>52790893
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0qLzsIhUMk

Watch it again and tell that you honesty believe he took no amusement of pleasure from it.
>>
Would the Jedi council have kicked Anakin out knowing he's supposed to be the chosen one if he went public with marrying a Senator, and what would that really have affected? He's still monstrously powerful with the force and I doubt they could take his lightsaber.
>>
>>52790942
You know why it's because he isn't. Tarkin isn't a nice guy. He is an asshole who believes in the might of the Empire and he will crush anyone or anything who gets in his way.
>>
>>52790791
>imps are sperging out

Hey, don't tar us all with the same brush of retardation,

I love the Empire, they are evocative villians for my favorite children's space fantasy and look great while doing so.

TIE afficindao does not equal Empire apologist.
>>
When Right and Left fags and Empire and Rebellion fags come out of the woodwork to shitpost, no one wins. We all lose.

Is there a good scan of Forged in Battle yet? I'm shocked that we get a perfect scan of No Disintegrations almost as soon as it's out, but it's been forever and the FiB scan is still dogshit.
>>
>>52790763
>Slavery is ok if they're aliens

Oh, I see. We can end this argument right now. YOU'RE evil

Look, if you believe the slavery of any sentient being is alright just because they're different than you, you need to be killed. And I mean justifiably killed in a fitting manner. Like lynched or burned alive.
>>
>>52790701
This thread was good, once, but has steadily deteriorated since about a month before TFA, there was a lull in the shitposting a while after, but since rogue one it's gotten just as bad, maybe worse. Recovery MIGHT be possible after the ST and spinoffs have been out of theatres for a clean year and this place changes names so shitposters can't find it, but it's it's completely fucked
>>
>>52790989
Not sure. On the one hand, it's in line with OJO doctrine. On the other hand, writers can't seem to resist giving other OJO members veterans, too. Ki-Adi Mundi gets to drown in pussy because muh dying species. Obi-Wan's dead girlfriend syndrome is almost as bad as Luke's. I think Aayla Secura had a fling with another member. And one of the screenshots posted here during Celebration showed the names "Finn Windu" and "Rey Kenobi," though the legitimacy of the surnames was not confirmed.
>>
So is it safe to say most of us would punch this dumbfuck in person if he actually talked like this or are there people on here who actually agree with him?
>>
>>52790999
>FiB scan is still dogshit.
I'm sorry okay!

People wanted and I had it. I don't have scanning facilities just a camera.
>>
File: 1440046512621.jpg (354KB, 1600x864px) Image search: [Google]
1440046512621.jpg
354KB, 1600x864px
>>52790969
Oh, hey, I'd forgotten that line.

>"You'd prefer another target? A military target? Then name the system!"

Tarkin outright confirms that Alderaan was not a valid military target.
>>
File: 1491035755085.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1491035755085.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>52791014
>>
>>52791046
>On the other hand, writers can't seem to resist giving other OJO members veterans, too.
Meant to say, "giving other OJO veterans waifus, too"
>>
>>52790461
>>52790505
>>52790516
>>52790732
>>52790763
>>52791014
>>52791047
>>52791056
can

everyone

just

stop?

it's a

FICTIONAL

SCI-FI

FANTASY

WORLD

emphasis on

FICTION
>>
>>52790999
There has been a good FiB link posted a couple of times but no one bothered to change the OP
>>
>>52791048
You're forgiven! We need another one though!
>>
>>52791099
Doesn't the dude who owns the drive have to upload it himself?
>>
File: 380Glocks.png (3MB, 1737x1309px) Image search: [Google]
380Glocks.png
3MB, 1737x1309px
>>52787061
380 Blasters instead of power packs for the 380 Blaster
>>
File: 1491260951455.jpg (98KB, 504x470px) Image search: [Google]
1491260951455.jpg
98KB, 504x470px
>>52791014
>sentient
So enslaving animals is wrong right. I better not eat any meat since animals are fucking sentient.
>>
File: swg bingo incomplete.png (38KB, 787x769px) Image search: [Google]
swg bingo incomplete.png
38KB, 787x769px
>>52790462
>bingo
Here's an incomplete sheet. I can't think of what to put in the last blank spaces.
>>
>>52791142
I know this is bait but:
>sentient
>[sen-shuhnt ‐shee-uhnt ‐tee-uhnt]
>adjective
>having the power of perception by the senses; conscious.
>characterized by sensation and consciousness.
>>
>>52791142
You and I both know that the anon meant "sentient' by the colloquial rather than literal definition.

"Sapient" was the intended term.
>>
>>52791150
Ahsoka waifuposting in one and "actual RPG discussion" in the other?
I'd also drop pain train since it's long gone from this thread, sadly
>>
>>52791150
Helicopter sabers?
>>
>>52791058
Yes, dead. Kill those who support the slavery of sentient beings on sight
>>
>>52791150
include

>Rebel Fags

and

>Disney did everything wrong
>>
>>52791207
The thing is that most animals still meet the qualifications of "sentient'. Like I said here, >>52791228, the proper term is "sapient".

However, like I ALSO said there, "sentient" is still the common colloquial term, and getting hung up on it is like getting hung up on someone using "irony" to mean something that's just amusingly coincidental, or "decimate" to mean utter destruction rather than just "reduce by a tenth".
>>
>>52791207
>>52791228
>>52791253
HOW BOUT WE STOP
>>
>>52791258
>>Disney did everything wrong
Already got "Mice and shekels" up there.
>>
>>52791094
He said he's okay with the slavery of people because they're different, and that empires which support it aren't evil. It's too late for that, son
>>
>>52791150
whining about x-wing discussion taking over the thread after only two or three posts
>>
>>52790989
In the Anakin & Obi-Wan comic, there's a line from Yoda in which he says that Anakin must be trained - but it doesn't necessarily have to be Jedi training.

The comic takes place about three years after TPM, and Anakin is already localizing some interest in maybe leaving the Jedi. And Obi-Wan says he's go with him.
>>
>>52791150

>Dark Greetings (free)
I dont know why this made me laugh so hard.
>>
>>52791283
>Rebelfags
>Ahsoka Posting

and replace Pain Train with

>"Is Luke Evil"
>>
>>52791286
STOforget it. The mutual autism of both sides of the argument will culminate in the destruction of /swg/. Imagine every cell in your body imploding simultaneously. Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria. Death of Star Wars.
>>
>>52791142
Sapient then, you semantic arguing fuck
>>
File: swg bingo v1.png (40KB, 784x769px) Image search: [Google]
swg bingo v1.png
40KB, 784x769px
Here's the first completed version.
>>
>>52791337
I'm one thousand percent certain that Star Wars is stronger than a few faggots on 4chan telling a faggot how faggoty he's being.
>>
>>52791150
"Post sabers"?
>>
>>52785394
Can anyone direct me to a resource that would tell me how much various characters would get payed?
Imperial officer vs New Republic officer, for example.
>>
>>52791379
You're all faggots with your faggot heads up your faggot arses to realize that you're all faggots and no one is less of a faggot amongst you on either faggoty side.

Now everyone shut up about it and post about Ahsoka's orange bubbly enticing cute firm round personality.
>>
>>52791344
>Bendu
Which one?
>>
>>52791446
The one in the middle
>>
>>52791379

Y'know, at least the Rebel-Empire threadwars shock some life into /swg/. These threads go so slow lately until the wars start.

Even if all the post are from the same five people calling each other faggots, retards, and fascists, at least they get the post count up and make /swg/ feel less dead.
>>
>>52791398
Imperial Officers were compensated very well after hitting Lieutenant or the Naval equivalent. If you were a Stormtrooper officer, you got paid even better, as Stormtroopers on average received a higher pay grade than other members of the Imperial armed forces.

With the Rebellion, pay varied greatly due to the lack of a unified monetary system among them and sporadic shortages of funds. Like with Imperials, above the ranks of Lieutenant you were paid well. However, regular enlisted men varied wildly on pay. The Rebel structure of pay grading was also somewhat unbalanced, as the highest ranks and political figures often received exorbitant amounts of money, either from bribes or payroll, while most regular enlisted were lucky to even get a small check on time. This really hurt Rebel morale until around Endor.

After Endor, it switched slowly over time. Coinciding with the Imperial Civil War, the Imperial payroll became more elitist and strapped for cash while the New Republic payroll became more balanced and took special military units into account when factoring their paygrade.

In 6 ABY, for example, an Imperial Major and a Republic Major would probably be paid very similar amounts.
By 12 ABY, an Imperial Major would be paid much less.
By 6 BBY, a Rebel major would be paid far less.
>>
>Empire dindu nuffin

Yeah, whatever. Who's going to Worlds? I'm going to play Imperial Assault and X-Wing.
>>
>>52791497
>I'd rather have a shit thread than a slow thread!

It's not even a discussion it's like 1 or 2 shitposters who have found quite delicious bait
>>
File: 1488502241916.jpg (478KB, 1120x736px) Image search: [Google]
1488502241916.jpg
478KB, 1120x736px
>>52791665
Where is my fucking Trioculous card dammit!?!?!
>>
>>52791497
>These threads go so slow lately until the wars start.
People are busy RL or leaving due to thread shittery, I guess. Replacing them with more thread shittery won't change that.
>>
>>52791746
Give it time, anon. I don't even have my trophy yet.
>>
>>52791746
What exactly is the process of card design from the tournaments?
>>
>>52791730
>>52791758
imagine these threads

>empireposter: hey all i think the empire isn't evil
>rebelposter: hey cool! i think they are but hey that's cool if you think differently
>mutual posting about star wars and ship fapping

>rebelposter: hey all i think the empire is evil and always will be
>empireposter: hey cool! i disagree but it's okay that you think otherwise
>mutual posting about tabletop gaming and star wars

instead we get

>poster: hey i think **
>opposing poster: you deserve to die kill yourself fuck off you suck you suck fuck off die you kill yourself die faggot
>poster: no you fuck off faggot die kill yourself you should die faggot shut up fuck off faggot
>the words 'kill yourself' and 'faggot' appear 270 times in the thread before it gets bumplocked

What a wonderful world it could be if angry fanboys would get along.
>>
>>52791783
The FFG article that previews the Trioculous card had better be titled, "Dark Greetings!"
>>
>>52791804
The problem is the Empire posters are spouting something that the setting itself is completely against.

Imagine going into a LotR thread and saying that Sauron and Morgoth weren't bad guys.
>>
>>52791581
Thanks for the info. Were there ever average salaries given anywhere? Ive looked through the rpg rulebooks but not come up with anything, and I don't really want to be in debt to the hutts for my upcoming game.

If there aren't any pay grades given, I'll open the question up to everybody: would a retired (after several years of service) Imperial navy captain be able to afford the 500,000 credits to buy a new YZ-775?
>>
>>52791842
>Implying
>>
>>52791758
The people from when these threads were good are all but extinct; nobody wants shipfag to stat anything, so he's hardly here, XWW is too busy to write, questanon is dead, artfag got married and doesn't post anymore, none of the quirky identifiable anons or other writefags post anymore, and what do we have as replacements? Not bloody well much
>>
>>52791797
There's NDAs and stuff involved, but from what I've gathered they ask me what general ideas/desires I have and go from there. I won't be making a brand new card from scratch, just collaborating on the process.

But Trioculus is my primary goal. Though I have been tempted by the prospect of Skippy the Jedi Droid.
>>
>>52791911
Either will do.
>>
>>52791842
As a crossfan of SW and LoTR, it actually happens a lot more often than you think. Arguments of the rightness or wrongness of Morgoth and Sauron happen all the time among fans, as do a lot of other arguments, and fans take it really well. Something I've noticed more about Tolkien fans is that they're willing to discuss a lot more with each other calmly than nearly any other "nerd fandom", and the only hatred they reserve is for the movies. Otherwise, if you come in discussing book canon, you can say whatever you want and they'll discuss it. You could say Eru drives a clown car and Aragorn as a harem somewhere, and they'll discuss it without getting mad.

I wish Star Wars was the same, whether you think the Empire's evil or good or dindu nuffin or did everythin. I wish people could just discuss that kind of shit without resorting to personal attacks, insults, and unbridled rage.

I don't mean to make LoTR boys sound higher or smarter, but I think it may have to do with Tolkien's fanbase emerging from literature and Star Wars' fanbase emerging from a movie. A lot of people see constructive debate and theorizing as healthy to the development of literature, while a lot of people see looking too deep into or trying to theorize about a movie is harmful, as if what appears onscreen is the only true gospel of the franchise.

LoTR discussions are a lot more open to ideas and interpretations, while Star Wars discussions, from what I've seen on a lot of issues, are far more insular and closed off to that sort of thing. Not that that's a bad thing, nor a good thing, it just means you have two camps on a lot of ideas that hate each other and want nothing to do with one another aside from trying to piss each other off. In this case, it's the camp of Empire Apologists vs. Empire Antiapologists.
>>
>>52791858
A retired naval captain of several years of service would have more than enough credits to spend on that. Imperial pensions for retirement were really good until after the Battle of Endor so long as you served a good amount of time. I'm not sure how the Rebels handled pensions though. There wasn't really much of a retirement system there; you either served and died or served and just quit or deserted. Again, until after Endor.
>>
>>52791858
>would a retired (after several years of service) Imperial navy captain be able to afford the 500,000 credits to buy a new YZ-775?
"several years of service" for somebody who retired a captain covers a rather broad range, anywhere from a total of 10-50 years in, but even a guy who made it to Captain fast and retired immediately could do it, yeah.
>>
>>52791911
My greatest fear is that licences and copyrights will fuck us in some obscure way.
>>
Are there any established Gank naming conventions?
>>
File: 1441406159960.png (100KB, 257x368px) Image search: [Google]
1441406159960.png
100KB, 257x368px
>>52791746
>>
File: SWE11-Gank_Final.png (201KB, 325x497px) Image search: [Google]
SWE11-Gank_Final.png
201KB, 325x497px
>>52792117
New gank look like shit!
>>
>>52792146
Dark Greetings every day until the threads improve.
>>
>>52792027
There's always that risk with licensing and junk, but I'm hopeful.

Given the number of wacky legends characters we can run through, some have to be able to stick.

What would the Mt. Rushmore of /swg/ be, anyway?

>Trioculus
>Raith Sienar
>Kettch
>Skippy
>>
>>52792146
>>52792213
>thread must improve
>by bringing up Jedi Prince

No anon, this is not the way!
>>
>>52792224
ysalamari
>>
File: squidhit.gif (2MB, 498x306px) Image search: [Google]
squidhit.gif
2MB, 498x306px
>>52792224
>Skippy
>>
>>52791665
I wish I could have gone to worlds, but I have Exams that week.

Ot of curiosity, what are you planning on flying at worlds? If you don't want to share lists, at least a faction.
>>
>>52792269
He died for you, anon.
>>
File: dark greetings.jpg (239KB, 700x1147px) Image search: [Google]
dark greetings.jpg
239KB, 700x1147px
>>52792233
>2233
>33
Your digits betray you, anon.
>>
File: latest[1].png (71KB, 548x548px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
71KB, 548x548px
>>52792193
Ok. But do any individual ganks get named? Ever?
>>
>>52792286
NO
Not like this!
>>
>>52791150
Add 'people complaining about X-wing discussion'.
>>
>>52792285

It took me a while to figure out Skippy was a joke and not canon.

I mean after you read stuff like the Suncrusher you really don't know what crazy shit the EU will throw at you next
>>
>>52792275
I'm not some NOVA tryhard with super sekrit list names. If people want to tailor against me, I'll probably slap them around anyway.

Pursuit Craft: •Ketsu Onyo (51)
Engine Upgrade (4)
•Shadow Caster (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
•Dengar (3)
Glitterstim (2)

Pursuit Craft: •Asajj Ventress (49)
Counter-Measures (3)
Push the Limit (3)
•Latts Razzi (2)
Glitterstim (2)
Scavenger Crane (2)

Total: 100/100

I've been playing this for a while and it's gone well. I have serious "ooh shiney" syndrome with lists so I mix in lots of other stuff and I probably won't decide until the week of like I always do.
>>
File: skippy1.jpg (192KB, 585x669px) Image search: [Google]
skippy1.jpg
192KB, 585x669px
>>52792354
>joke and not canon.
Blasphemer.
>>
File: 1489197460555.jpg (19KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1489197460555.jpg
19KB, 326x326px
>>52792402
>just now notice Bender on the left
>>
>>52792421
Tom Servo and Crow to the right.
>>
File: glove_of_darth_vader.png (126KB, 605x406px) Image search: [Google]
glove_of_darth_vader.png
126KB, 605x406px
Anybody tried statting Trioclous for Age of Rebellion? Seems like he could be a fun starter villain.
>>
File: laughing.gif (499KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.gif
499KB, 480x228px
>Arguing about the morality of space wizards in space WWII with rubber suit aliens and all-one-biome planets.
>>
>>52792484
goodness anon! are you earnestly implying that real world politics have no place in star wars!? why, I never! clearly we all know if you are either a dirty fascist or dirty communist depending on the morality you adhere to! I bet you support slavery, you stalinist nazi!
>>
>>52792401
I tried double-lancer, I really wish I could have fit Double Engine+PTL.
>>
File: commienazis.jpg (14KB, 320x233px) Image search: [Google]
commienazis.jpg
14KB, 320x233px
>>52792627
Did somebody say CommieNazis?
>>
>>52792481
>Starter Villain.

Clearly he's the final boss of all Star Wars.
>>
>>52792797
That would be Skippy.

He created the universe, but now he must destroy it.
>>
File: yhvh smt.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
yhvh smt.png
4KB, 256x224px
>>52792819
>Skippy
Skippy is merely the herald of his final boss. He is the Metatron to YHVH Lucas.
>>
File: 5058102-abeloth-5-small.jpg (148KB, 833x1024px) Image search: [Google]
5058102-abeloth-5-small.jpg
148KB, 833x1024px
>>52792797
>>52792819
>>52792843
We're all forgetting the true final boss. The most powerful character that fiction will ever know.

The God of Mary Sues herself. Mary Sue incarnate.
>>
Are greyfags worse than Trayafams?
>>
>>52787793
It's about the emotions and intent behind the killing anon. Those first two things are quick and expedient ways of killing, whereas force lightning and choking are powered specifically out of hatred and a desire to see your target suffer as much as possible. It's why war crimes are a thing-there's a qualitative difference between bombing a factory and firebombing the neighborhoods around the factory.
>>
>>52793034
>qualitative difference between bombing a factory and firebombing the neighborhoods around the factory.
Not if you're America. USA! USA!
>>
>>52790435
>Dice isn't even making the campaign.
Oh thank God we are living in the best possible timeline, they fucked up the BF3 & 4 campaigns so hard that literally anyone could have done better. From now on, the hype train officially has no brakes!
>>
>>52792937
I stopped reading that series pretty much as soon as Abeloth showed up, and I'm getting the sense that it was a fantastic move on my part.
>>
>>52793034
Yeah I sure bet Luke hated those pigmen he killed in rotj
>>
File: corran_horn_alt_art_web.jpg (17KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
corran_horn_alt_art_web.jpg
17KB, 300x254px
>>52793084
You're goddamn right
>>
>>52793114
I wonder what happened to the BFBC1&2 campaign writers, they were amazing.
>>
File: Bespin evac transport monitor.jpg (325KB, 1800x754px) Image search: [Google]
Bespin evac transport monitor.jpg
325KB, 1800x754px
>>52793119
He briefly silence one with a telekinetic choke, not the same thing as strangling/hate-radiating one to death.
>>
>>52793123
DICE just doesn't want to do another BFBC style game. They really like the writing in those games themselves, as they've admitted in interviews, they just have no interest in making another "jokey" war game because they don't think the kids will understand it.
>>
>>52793119
>missing all the symbolism that Luke has in RotJ
>>
>>52793123
Booted out because they broke the rules on bad writing and lazy story.

meaning they didn't follow the directives
>>
How and when would you run a solo Jedi game?
>>
>>52793146
>they don't think the kids will understand it
>BFBC2 still sees multiple full PC servers today
What retards did DICE hire for their marketing department?
>>
File: Spooky_Booty.jpg (116KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
Spooky_Booty.jpg
116KB, 360x500px
>>52787061
>Droid disablers, come back as disabled droids
>Power converters, come back in every single type except the god damn fucking ones you actually want
>Your T-15 has finally arrived, its now the obsolete one because T-16 is here and stormtroopers will point and laugh at you
>Transaxle for an ex-imperial scout walker, you now have a transexual ex-imperial scout, treat him/her/it nice we're that kind of army now
>The T-16 you actually ordered after sending the T-15 back, has arrived, its now the obsolete one that the stormtroopers where talking about now the T17 is here

Prior to some tours we used to actually raid electronics suppliers for various connectors and stuff, rather than go through some of our logistics guys.
>>
>>52793084
That's why I said that you shitfucker, what the USA did was fucked up and only came about because we lacked proper precision bombing. No one felt good about doing it.

>curtislemay.txt
>>
>>52793142
You heard it here folks! Force choke =/= force choke when Luke uses it.
>>
>>52793182
>What retards did DICE hire for their marketing department?
literal retards, you answered your own question.
I go back and play through the BFBC2 campaign once a year, at least. It's got more longevity than just about any other FPS out there. I wish the DICE SW games would have that same tone. I do understand why they're afraid of kids not liking it, kids making up a vocal minority on the internet. I think if you sat a modern 15 year old in front of BFBC2, he'd hate all the movie references and jokey one liners and just want some gore and cool kills and shit like that with all the edgyness and none of what an average adult finds fun about that game.
>>
>>52793237
There's a difference between killing someone slowly and briefly shutting their voicebox.
>>52793242
I sadly only had them for 360 and I think they're lost, ah well.
>>
>>52793260
>I sadly only had them for 360 and I think they're lost, ah well.
they're cheap on Steam, I think. That's where I got em
>>
>>52793260
Only in duration of time
>>
>>52793188
>now have a transexual ex-imperial scout, treat him/her/it nice we're that kind of army now
>having a problem with a trans-lad in your unit
>not being glad for the opportunity to replace combat jacks with genuine boypussy
Plebeians, the lot of you sheepfuckers
>>
>>52793275
>Things an edgelord would say
It takes a lot more emotion to want to stretch someones death out longer than it has to be.
It's easier, emotionally to kill someone fast and clean than to do something that takes more time and effort.
Look at the numbers of soldiers that shoot to kill today (when killing with a gun is extremely easy and can be done at range) compared to previous conflicts.
You'll notice that as weapons became more efficient and killed with more ease, the amount of soldiers who actually tried killing the enemy increases, whereas in conflicts prior to WWI the amount of soldiers who saw an enemy and shot at them with the intent to kill was less than 25%. Yes, when killing takes effort more than 75% of soldiers will avoid trying to kill their enemy, whether by not firing at all or by aiming high in an attempt to scare the other guy off.
>>
>>52793355
What you're saying may be true, but that doesn't make my statement not true.
>>
>>52793237
There's kinda a difference between putting someone in a chokehold and strangling someone to death
>>
>>52785394
So in The Last Jedi Luke is grey right? That's the implication right?
>>
>>52793454
Yes, of course, but that isn't what was said.
>>
>>52793476
But the whole thing is that luke is essentially using a force chokehold, which is dubious and borderline, not force strangling motherfuckers, which is straight dark side
>>
>>52793276
I don't even understand what you're saying
>>
>>52793517
He seems to be mocking redback for being Australian and also not having gay vaginal sex with trans dudes
I'm all for the first part, though the second is questionable
>>
>>52793505
He used the force to close the guard's breath tube, but not long enough to kill him. Same thing as Vader did to Krennic in R1.
>>
>>52793276
Nah, molesting kids was an Afghan thing, we just killed people way back then and didn't give a shit about feelings.
That was back in the don't ask, don't tell, we really don't fucking care era.
>>
>>52793176
I'd run one the very second I find a player who can roleplay a Jedi well
As for the 'how', I'd favour a wandering western/ronin style or else pulp detective storyline, have a recurring dark side bastard man for them to fight, a conflicted flunky to redeem and perhaps a NPC buddy to help them out here and there
>>
>>52793601
I would play that game anon.
>>
>>52793467
>implying "grey jedi" means anything
>>
>>52793599
>mistaking gay sex with grown men for child molestation
Are you sure you didn't smoke the ANA's hashish, Ozzy?
>>
>>52793556
Shutting down a voicebox is different from holding a throat closed, is different from crushing it.
>>
>>52793601
Canadian Jedi turns up with a light hockey stick, force body checks people into walls, gets extra dark side points when people ask him which part of planet USA he is from.

>>52793731
Well technically it would be manpussy or manginas if it was adults?
>>
File: IMG_0811.jpg (21KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0811.jpg
21KB, 259x195px
>>52793467
>the implication

Yeah I mean it's just you and this girl. And you're all alone on this island with just a bunch of water all around. So I mean, what's she gonna do? She gets it, you know, the implication.
>>
File: 1487124945378.jpg (44KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
1487124945378.jpg
44KB, 282x341px
>>52793857
>Canadian Jedi
>If you strike me down, I win
>>
>>52793740
Top fucking Kek. Luke did more than close the pigmans voice box dumbass.
>>
>>52793385
Choking someone because it's a quick, quiet way to kill them is different than choking them for the sake of watching the life drain from their eyes. The difference is in intent. Intent is what the Force cares about over actions themselves.
>>
>>52793968
No not really. You can use sith lightning on bad guys all day and you would still be an evil darkside piece of shit.
>>
>>52793968
Well, up to a point. Certain things absolutely are dark side only - like ripping the Living Force out of people and using it to power yourself.

Or shooting people with lightning.
>>
>>52794000
>>52794019
Reminder that Plo Koon used force lightning
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (109KB, 1732x883px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
109KB, 1732x883px
>>52793904
Down the vaporators having a beer the other day and these Jawas turn up
>>
>>52794089
And he's an evil fuck. I mean, Jay look at that fucker
>>
>>52794089
Which was judged to be a completely different thing - it was even named Emerald Judgment, not Force lightning.

It was even feared that he had started to fall, too, before he made his case that he was in the zone with no emotions when he summoned the lightning.

But zapping dudes to death and enjoying it? Nah, that's the path of the dark side.
>>
>>52793857
>Canadian Jedi turns up with a light hockey stick, force body checks people into walls, gets extra dark side points when people ask him which part of planet USA he is from.
You aren't wrong
>And trioculus drops the gloves of Darth Vader and goes for the Gordie Howe Hat Trick!
>>
>>52794127
>But zapping dudes to death and enjoying it?
Yeah, if you zap a dude and don't feel anything, you're cool.
>>
>>52788266
Pretty much >>52788362. I enjoyed TOR for awhile, and I loved the star ships all the more, but they're 4000 year old relics which struggled to do serious damage to larger ships in their own time.

On the flipside, by modern Star Wars, single fighters can completely devastate Star-destroyer sized and bigger vessels.
>>
File: 1488230044824.jpg (228KB, 1493x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1488230044824.jpg
228KB, 1493x1195px
>>52794127
Fine faggot I'll just invent my own force technique known as force fire. It burns my enemies to ash and Is fueled by my righteous indignation at evildoers.
>>
>>52794196
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pyrokinesis
You're late to the party. Yarael Poof got in on that business years ago.
>>
>>52794213
>Yarael Poof
TFW the Jedi Council's court jester invests Force Fire
>>
File: jester thomas.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jester thomas.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>52794235
Gotta be careful around those jester pyromaniacs.
>>
>>52786439
gay
>>
>>52787863
Is that a fucking HORSE?
>>
File: hohass ekwesh.gif (4MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hohass ekwesh.gif
4MB, 400x400px
>>52794399
Yub yub, Commander.
>>
>>52794399
Don't talk bad about Runt Ekwesh, he was a true hero.
>>
>>52794424
>Runt Ekwesh
That's the worst furry OC donut steel name I've ever heard in my entire fucking life, holy shit.
>>
>>52794448

Runt was his nickname, actually. Since he was the smallest of his family.
>>
>>52794454
Well, Runt isn't far, in terms of quality, from Hohass. It's litterally just "horse" with a heavy Boston accent.
>>
>>52788587
>a handful of useless hobos and an outdated meme ship somehow BTFO a heavily-defended vital research installation
>>
>>52787061
Power packs to the previous model of blaster rifle/pistol. They are not compatible.

Improperly drive-wiped astromech droid. It plays dumb but hates organics and will maliciously sabotage anything that doesn't risk its 'life.'

A box of chainsaws when you ordered jackhammers.
>>
>>52794477
A paradise world full of lazy officers in deep secret.

And what outdated memeship?
>>
>>52787061

R4 astromech droids.
A dozen of them.

Sadly, these X-Wings are configured for R2 and R5 units.
>>
Will Mara Jade be reintroduced to canon?
>>
>>52794588
I doubt it.
>>
File: 0987654342345001.png (464KB, 474x506px) Image search: [Google]
0987654342345001.png
464KB, 474x506px
>>52794539
>tfw you will never go on vacation in the Space Maldives because the Empire blew it the fuck up
>>
>>52794688
I mean it may be interesting to see if anything is left of it on the other side. Not much to stop that wave from propagating.

Also apparently the Death Troopers were Maldives marines.
>>
>>52794711
By real-world physics, a single-reactor firing of the Deathstar probably sends enough dust into the atmosphere to block out the sun and create an ice-age. Scariff is frozen.
>>
>>52787061

The wrong kind of camo and weapon/gear maintenance equipment for the weather (I/E dress them in bright ass white snow patterns and cold-temp lubricants and clothing in a reddish, hot-ass desert)

The wrong kind of batteries for their equipment, or the wrong output of portable generators - the equivalent of buying something say in the EU which has american style plugs. Or buying D batteries when you wanted C.

They need replacement repulsor nodes or something for their vehicles - and receive the size for the entirely different vehicle. Or worse, replacement tracks for something.
>>
X-wing idea.
What if in Epic games, each faction had access to an environmental factor.
For example, for ~100-200ish points, an Imperial player can bring the deathstar or a Rebel player can bring the Home One or something. Things too big to be represented with X-wing minis, but would have an effect on the pilots and shit. Maybe the Death Star lets the imp player place turbo laser turrets and simulate a trench run. Or the Rebel Fleet/Home One gives the rebel player the ability to bring ships that he's lost back into the fight. Just a bunch of wacky fluffy shit to make Epic play more exciting.
>>
>>52792481

...anybody?
>>
>>52792481
Weapons: Glove of Darth Vader
>>
>>52793899
Thank you anon for the best laugh I've had in weeks
>>
>>52785394
Can Cather and Humans have children together?
Asking for a friend.
Wookieepedia did not give me any answers.
>>
>>52795594
I don't think they can, no.
On the downside, no half-cathar
On the upside, you can unload inside without worrying about unexpected half-cathar
>>
File: Trioculus.png (265KB, 743x2690px) Image search: [Google]
Trioculus.png
265KB, 743x2690px
>>52795139
He's pretty garbage as a combatant, but I like the idea of him being nobody's fool and being able to yell at people to fuck them up
Figure on him having plenty of goons and the odd rival to soak up some hits
>>
>>52795890
>scathing tirade is just him reading Aftermath out loud
>>
>>52795890
> No Talent "Dark Greetings: Whenever the character appears for the first time in a session and greets the party, flip one Destiny Point from Light to Dark."
>>
File: 1487012565026.jpg (622KB, 1213x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1487012565026.jpg
622KB, 1213x1356px
>>52795890
>100 doses of glitterstim
>>
>>52796089
Inspire rage should be a thing
>>
>>52796185

...I actually love this.
>>
>>52796197
I mean he DOES rule Kessel.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.