[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 371
Thread images: 45

File: wine.jpg (242KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
wine.jpg
242KB, 1152x864px
Well you can tell by the way I use my walker I'm a woman's man, no time to do anything because wow that died pretty quickly edition

>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xvgryrNiMFoLYiaX8o6Y-Q0q1GLRvwWnvbrSL7omZXo/edit?usp=sharing

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
>>52789085

first for best primarch
>>
>Greyfax in the audiobook keeps pronouncing Abaddon as Aba-din.
>she makes it sound like Abaddon is some fearsome and vile Saracen warlord
>>
File: Beautiful Blood Angels.png (3MB, 893x1498px) Image search: [Google]
Beautiful Blood Angels.png
3MB, 893x1498px
>>52789085
First for Blood Angels a cute! CUTE!
>>
How useful are EMP grenades? I generally gave all my dudes them cause I couldn't think of what else I could add, so I got like 74 points free. I generally only get to use them on the dudes I outflank near enemy armour and even then, I have plenty of fusion blasters and S7 stuff for the job.

Are they more useful on MSU rather than big squads?
>>
>>52789085
Anyone upload the Eye of Night MP3s? The only ones I've found are a stream on a russian social media account (where I get most of my BL epubs), but it requires you to sign up to stream audio and I'd rather not sign up for an entire website for a half hour of audio.

And no shills, I'm dumb and tasteless enough to read/listen to BL drivel, but I'm not dumb and tasteless enough to pay for it.
>>
File: calm.jpg (74KB, 556x683px) Image search: [Google]
calm.jpg
74KB, 556x683px
Ever since I started using those limited Thousand Sons dice I've been feeling more and more Tzeentch-focused while playing this game. I was in a warlord brawl game and I convinced one player to attack his weakened friend and then I killed that friend right in front of him.
Does it count as being seduced by Chaos if you're sliding downhill willingly?
>>
>>52789114
how many blood angels are on /cm/?
>>
>>52789141
http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/eye-of-knight-mp3-part1.html
>>
>>52789155
Sorting out thoughts for a Sisters of battle list. Right now I'm going for a small basic squad with 2 flamers, and another with a heavy bolter. Apart from that, I was going to go for some Melts dominions.

Any thoughts as to what else I should add?
>>
>>52789174
Thanks senpai :^)
>>
File: sanguinius_by_koowanchee-d484eu4.jpg (206KB, 756x1056px) Image search: [Google]
sanguinius_by_koowanchee-d484eu4.jpg
206KB, 756x1056px
>>52789155
How many Blood Angels are in their chapter?
>>
>>52789141
>And no shills, I'm dumb and tasteless enough to read/listen to BL drivel

Then why beg for it? Just ask for spoilers.
>>
>>52789141
>i want black library stuff but refuse to pay for it because i don't understand things stop being made if they stop making money

you're a cancer on any community you're a part of
>>
>>52789201
Because if there's anything I've learned on /tg/, it's that the 40k community cannot be trusted with fluff. There's no way to know if what you're being told is true until you've seen the material yourself.
>>
>>52789094
There's a better one over there

>>52789198
>>
>>52789226
what a shame, guess you'll just have to fork up an hours worth of your paycheck and just buy it like everyone else
>>
I hope with 8th edition they just Age of Sigmar the whole rotten 40k lore and fold it into fantasy. Kill off the emperor and make up some fluff about Rootytoot Guillermo taking over as the leader of the Ultracast Ultraternals. Anybody can be an Ultracast Ultraternal. Heroic and noble eldar, orcs, tau, necrons, anyone whose heart is pure, Gillyboy can Reforge them to have big shoulderpads and they can still use their spikey bits and gribble to show where they came from. Roll the Chaos factions into the fantasy ones, make a Destruction faction for the rest of the orks, necrons and tyranids, and put the important planets into a pocket realm so they can be cross compatible with Sigmar game. Then timmy the 12yearold doesn't have to learn a new rules system.
>>
>>52789049
Avatar of Isha would be cool. Like a Lord of War healer, which would be pretty much the first time that has been done.
>>
>chaos/genestealer cultists can carry a heavy stubber alone
>Renegades require a team to use one
???
>>
>>52789256
spot the salty WHFB fag

sorry your game system got killed because it was selling worse than LotR because your community was cancer and didn't support GW
>>
File: 1489438076895.gif (150KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1489438076895.gif
150KB, 500x333px
>>52789256
sure thing anon, that's exactly how it's gonna happen. if final fantasy didn't die yet i wouldn't count on 40k doing it either
>>
File: 1360876420159.jpg (121KB, 800x588px) Image search: [Google]
1360876420159.jpg
121KB, 800x588px
>>52789235

The winning combination right here
>>
>>52789225
If Black Library stopped making material it'd be no big loss. And I paid for it all the way until 2010 thinking that the couple years before that were aberrations after the great years of Ciaphas Cain and Gaunt, but I'm not paying for the garbage they've been releasing.

>>52789248
>you'll just have to fork up an hours
Cute ad hominem. But I'm not the one wasting money. And push comes to shove, I'll just sign up for Russian social media. Those $3 will be much better spent on a portion of a filet mignon.
>>
>>52789315
>releasing garbage
>still listens to it
>in denial
>doesn't understand you have to pay for things you want
>>
>>52789315

instead of some long winded excuse, you could just admit that you're a cheap faggot
>>
>>52789315
You turned me off from uploading anything here. Good job.
>>
I like DKoK's version of rough riders (they feel about how I think rough riders "should be") but am honestly pretty meh about the army otherwise (an IG without hobbit snipers is not an IG worth fielding). Does anyone know if there's a specialized Death Riders formation?
>>
>>52789315
thanks for reminding me most people on /tg/ are the ugly underbelly of the 40k fan community who don't play the game or enjoy the lore, they just bitch and moan without supporting the community with content or money
>>
>>52789358
Sure I'm cheap. I try before I buy, and with BL I almost always don't buy these days.

>>52789367
Sorry to hear that you're spiting others in a futile attempt to spite me. Most sites have stuff before 4chins does if you know where to look.
>>
so with thousand sons and death guard coming out what legion do you hope is up next?
better be World Eaters, need some new berzerker models badly
>>
>>52789408
they're doing the chaos god dedicated legions first so it'll probably be either world eaters or emperor's children and by extension either angron or fulgrim
>>
>>52789403
I'm new to this but a 4chan old fag, are there any better communities for W40k? Both learning and getting advice?
>>
>>52789432
judging from how hard they've been pushing this Ynnead/Yncarne stuff, it'll probably be Fulgrim next, for story reasons. Yvraine will probably wave her hand and he'll be erased from reality, at the rate things are going.
>>
>>52789440
reddit is shit, the other sites are pretty shit too, /tg/ is the best online but really the best community is your local one in person
>>
>>52789440
>any better
You'll struggle to find any worse
>>
File: Warhammer-40k-Chaos-Chosen[1].jpg (106KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer-40k-Chaos-Chosen[1].jpg
106KB, 873x627px
>>52789408
Chaos marines models are ugly ancient garbage. Especially the metal ones which are an embarrassment of stupid proportions.
Literally the only good CSM models are the Chosen and cultists from the Dark Vengeance box and some forge world 30k guys. The rest are absolute trash.
>>
>>52789450
So far I've only managed to find GW that isn't filled with people I would rather not assosiacte with b/c of smell reasons

+online makes it easier as closest gw is an hour away
>>
>>52789452
mind listing some, friend? I want to get invovled with this shit so I actually don't quit
>>
>>52789469
>cultists from DV box
Aren't those the normal cultist models? Except for the characters anyway
>>
File: 1487376281559.jpg (208KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
1487376281559.jpg
208KB, 1191x670px
>>52789403

dakka dakka, best regular forum for 40k but still no where near as good as /tg/
>>
>>52789408
New Berserkers will be fairly easy. As they can just take a Bloodbound model and just swap a few minor details.
>>
>>52789486
Dakkadakka, BellofLostSouls and 40konline are half-decent at times. Mostly you find threads tend to be colossal circlejerks but that's mildly better than what you find here
>>
>>52789516 this post was meant for >>52789486
>>
File: IMG_5212.jpg (439KB, 1800x1227px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5212.jpg
439KB, 1800x1227px
Criticism and feedback on this list pls
>>
>>52789523
Better a ciclejerk than a different opinion amirite.
Actually I probably am right, given how /tg/ handles different opinions.
>>
>>52789537
Yes it is indeed an army list
>>
>>52789280
Mutants/Hybrids>Generic rebels
>>
>>52789393
Yeah.. they get fear.
>>
>>52789537
Your model count is impossibly low, though this is probably always going to be the case with mono TS lists. Try swapping out some Termis for some more Rubrics or Tzaangors
>>
>>52789280
>Harker carries a heavy bolter and can move and shoot
>Space marines can only snapshoot if they move with a heavy bolter

???
>>
>>52789560

Where might I find such a formation sheet?
>>
>>52789562
>TFW you are outnumbered by Thousand Sons
>>
>>52789440
whats nice about /tg/ is people are unapalogetic and its fast response, so you can ask question and get a straight response without people worrying their comment calling your list shit will get them down voted

of course theres a lot of bad b8 and cancer too

so its honestly a love hate for me
>>
>>52789226
Varies from fluff to fluff. Some of it is genuine squig-shit, other parts are really a YMMV sort of thing.

The War of the Beast novels come to mind as a good example of 40k bias.

'course, I'm an Ork player so I might be a little biased on that particular series. Doesn't help that it's one of the few series beside anything Armageddon related where the Orks stomping the humies good an' proppa...
>>
>>52789581
What do you play? Custodes?
>>
File: guard 1500.jpg (940KB, 1800x2527px) Image search: [Google]
guard 1500.jpg
940KB, 1800x2527px
>>52789537
look at these numbers, you wanna see an "elite" army

this is a low model count elite army in the guard son

>also will take criticism, friend told me to bring the nastiest list i could to a CAD only tourney
>>
>>52789115
Anyone, please?
>>
>>52789599
Tbh, I'm a Tsons player, and while our horus heresy books are pretty good, War of the Beast still tops the spot for me. I just like the idea of the question "Who is the biggest ork and what can he do" posed in BBEG form.
>>
>>52789608
must be grey knights

>>52789617
tfw i played grey knights for a year straight so i switched to guard so id never be logarithmically outnumbered again
>>
>>52789608
Deathwatch.

Inferno bolter are actually really good, when shooting at 20-50 point 1W MEQ.
>>
>>52789583
Honestly why I use 4chan for all my forum needs. Anonymity is a boon imo. People can have any opinion they want and if it goes against the grain, they can't be labelled an outcast for it. Also if something happens that makes you change your mind, you can do that without worrying about that weird stigma people have with being outed as having changed their opinion.

I much as I hate 4chan (and the opinions therein) sometimes, I still wouldn't post anywhere else.
>>
>>52789599
Well it reveals Armaggedon as the aincent home world of the Beast.
It's fairly close to the eye and with it expanding, the fighting is bound to awaken some sort of aincent response from the Orks.
>>
>>52789583
>>52789656
The issue arises when 9/10 replies are memes or bait and the serious response is what they read off 1d4's tactics.
>>
>>52789617

Solid leaf lower list, but why the Platoon rather than more mechvets, or artillery,or armor?

Other than that, looks decent. I've been toying with starting to pack a heavy flame standard in mechvet squads myself, let us know how it goes?
>>
>>52789680
I thought that was pretty dumb honestly. Ghazghkull can't just attack any world. The world he assaults has to be because of pottery.
>>
>>52789580
Its actually a Detachment, but it's in the newest Siege of Vraks book.
>>
>>52789715

Thanks!
>>
>>52789115
>>52789624
They are like your last resort upgrade. That or you purposefully build your list around them. Grenades are now one dude per phase so they work better on small groups.
>>
>>52789704
of course not. the power levels of the orks have to be controlled somehow. If Ghazghkull was free to rampage his WAAAGH across any world he fancied 40k would already be over.
>>
>>52789141
Link? I have a vk account so I can get it for you
>>
>>52789680
I thought the world the Beast was on was a giant ork world engine? Did something else change?
>>
>>52789704
Armaggedon kinda makes a statement, breaking the backbone of the Imperium and securing yourself as the strongest warlord.
Not to mention it has so many weapons to loot for the Waaagh.
>>
>>52789751
com/warhammer_art_of_war
This one's got the first two. And they get english epubs out pretty fast for whoever is updating the megas.
>>
>>52789781
No, but some archmagos wanted to keep the planet so he had its location teleported and renamed it Armaggedon.
>>
>>52789787
Yeah. That's fine and all. My issue though was that Armageddon couldn't just be a major world that the Imperium needed to defend and provided a good fight for Margaret Thatcher. It also had to be pottery too. Why would an Ork ever attack a planet at random after all?
>>
>>52789406
Nah, just spitting on you and your ilk.
>>
>>52789724
Well, I run a full 12-man Strike team with a Fireblade, 3 MSU Strikes (all 4 have a turret for extra S7), 6-man pathfinders for markerlighting and 4-man rail rifle squad I outflank.

Removing them from 12-man and markerlight teams would already give me 36 points I'm highly likely not using. With some shuffling about, trying to make room for a breacher squad with EMP, they're far more likely to use them.

Question is do I keep them on the MSU Strikes? They generally die real fast without accomplishing much other than dragon's teeth.
>>
>>52789695
The heavy flamers are a godsend because it helps your vehicals keep from getting assulted or at least shave off a model or two in spite

>single platoon

I took that to spam as many autocannons as I could for the points I had, autocannons using bring it down will tear apart transports, because once everything is out of its respective metal box then the wyverns can go to town and just start deleted units

I've done lists similar to this but I've never spammed this many melta vets, I usually bring pask for maximum rape but he's a huge investment that can be drop posed and killed
>>
>>52789631
Yeah, being an Ork player reading/listening to the first 10 audio books of the Beast series was very enjoyable for me. Gareth Armstrong does an excellent job when it comes to listening to the story, to the point I had a genuine "OH SHIT" moment of realization at the big reveal/climax in the Last Son of Dorn.

>>52789680
>>52789704
>>52789730
Let's be honest: Ullanor being turned into Armageddon is probably just GW/BL doing a subtle retcon to help explain why Orks love dropping in all the time (despite the fact it's already known as 'da best place ta find a good fight' among greenskins). Ghazzy's initial invasion was likely just a coincidence.

Dat Orkimedes guy though? I fucking guarantee you the Illusive Mek knows the truth about Armageddon and hasn't bothered to tell Ghazzy yet.
Why?
Because the boss never asked of course.
>>
>>52789809
>but some archmagos wanted to keep the planet

That sounds incredibly silly.
>>
>>52789704
Armeggedon is the planet where the orks suffered their greatest defeat at the hands of the emperor and his legions, taking it would solidify gaz's place as the greatest boss who ever lived, and also would severely damage the imperial war machine
>>
So

How would you build strong space marine list without relying on demi co an other formation shit? CAD only

Drop pods? Grav centurions? Ultra tactics? BIKES?!
>>
>>52789512
>Cruddance is writing GS fluff
How hard are the nids gonna get wailed on if that's the case?
>>
>>52789884
I doubt the Orks remember any of that shit. They don't have books and most Orks die from fighting. There's probably some vague stories about the beast, but not enough to know that Armaggedon is their old home world.
>>
File: image.jpg (446KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
446KB, 1536x2048px
>>52789111
So can someone greentext me the storyarc so far, please?
>>
>>52789834
You're pretty much throwing points away. Think of what you could bring if you dropped the EMP grenades on all of those squads. How many points does it add up to?
>>
>>52789876
Considering how zoggin' obsessed the Ad Mechanicus was with Ork teknology at the time (granted, the boyz were zooming all over the galaxy in gravitic drive powered Ork Attack Moons, which pretty much dwarfed anything the Mechanicus was doing at that point), their desire to keep the planet doesn't sound that silly. Also, they really REALLY did not give a nanofuck about what happened to the rest of the Imperium until the Space Marines basically convinced them with bolter diplomacy.
>>
Should I build my DA sniper scouts with a HBolter or Missile launcher? Same question for bolter scouts.

Also what weapons should I give my devastator squads? No grav tho.
>>
>>52789790
Okay so this is what you do
Make an account using your phone number no need for email
>>
>>52789927

Unless the war of the beast is Da Big Party of Orkish memory?

(Is it? I haven't ready any of them...)
>>
>>52789955
Just use all snipers, it's why you put sniper rifles on them in the first place.
>>
>>52789927
They don't need to remember, they just know.
Meks don't read instrcution manuals, Doks don't go to medical school, but every Ork knows when a place is a good scrap.
>>
>>52789927
they have a genetic memory, why do you think gazzy launched his invasion there, its a scar in the WAAAGH! that never healed
>>
>>52789280
Renegades just aint swole like the cultists.
>>
>>52789312
I think you are missing a primarch
>>
>>52789927
Unless they were fighting Yarrick, who made it a point to leave one alive so they'd spread his legend during the 2nd Armageddon War.

Seriously, most Orks are scared of Yarrick slightly less than they are of pissing off any Ork in Ghazzy's inner circle (let alone angering Ghazghkull himself)
>>
>>52789945
74 points. I'm asking on their effectiveness because of needing points for other stuff. Trying to find where abouts.
>>
File: umies.jpg (80KB, 540x560px) Image search: [Google]
umies.jpg
80KB, 540x560px
>>52789951
Sure, I get the mechanicus wanting to get some unique tech, but just take a step back and consider this sentence:

Daddy, can I keep that ork planet? Sure why not kiddo, knock yourself out.

I just keep chuckling.
>>
>>52790011
Well the Orks still just have crazy made up stories. Like how his eyes can burn Orks alive. Reason he put the las gun in his face, to live up to the wild stories about him.
>>
>>52789902
turn 1 deathstorm drop pods, turn 2 dreadnoughts, everyone else coming up behind them
>>
>>52790011
I hope so bad theres an Armageddon campaign with the gang getting back together so gazz and yarrick can get new rules

i mean come on, Yarrick is the orkiest 'umie there is, come on he has a klaw, and only the biggest gitz have klaws, so he must be an ork
>>
>>52789983
I dunno, I have both sprues and I heard that was a good way to build them.
>>
>>52790018
Yeah, you can drop EMP safely and just get other stuff.
>>
>>52790018
You can only throw one per squad, so it's not good. The S7 missile turrets are better for vehicle-killing, and with the points saved you could bring a Broadside or a twin-fusion Crisis Suit.
Let the Fire Warriors do what they do best, and murder infantry with close-range massed S5. Vehicle killing is for other vehicles, 'tides and 'sides, as well as the trusty fusion suit bomb.
>>
>>52790087
it is a good way, because missile launchers and heavy bolters both add good high strength punch when you're shooting at infantry with your sniper rifles
>>
>>52790080
Interestingly, COMMISSAR YARRICK is an anagram of GORK AND MORK INSIDE ME
>>
>>52790087
It depends on what you plan on doing with the other snipers. A heavy bolter is a good choice because snipers do well against infantry. But the bolter lacks a few inches in range if i remember.
A launcher is good for vehicals with the krak missile, but the snipers can only do so much damage with tending shots.
It's easier to just have all snipers so you don't forget you paid extra for the special weapon.
>>
File: 40keks.jpg (327KB, 1342x1342px) Image search: [Google]
40keks.jpg
327KB, 1342x1342px
>>52790027
Okay, that is pretty hilarious.

Best part is, the cogheads didn't tell daddy, and daddy at the time was Drakan "FUCK IT! KILLING THE HIGH LORDS NOW!" Vangorich.

Dude had to put up with 12 books of the incompetence/corrupt/politicking of the High Lords of Terra, and from what I remember moving Ullanor to the Armageddon system's more or less what made him snap and do that "Beheading" thing he's known for.
>>
>>52789403
>Buying everything shat out with a 40k label is supporting the hobby.
This is what GW wants you to believe. It's these people that should be blamed for the abortion of the Horrid Heresy still going for book #79 (here, they hint that the Siege of Terra is imminent, can't wait for to read about the first ten minutes in book #156!)
>>
>>52789902
Bikes, basically. White scars tactics are hard to beat when combined with bikes, although raven guard can work too (shrouded and jink is fucking awesome).
>>
>>52790173
Was that during the age of aposty?
>>
>>52790173
is Vangorich the 40k version of the post office worker who snaps from bureaucratic nightmare he's in and goes on a killing spree?
>>
>>52790121
>>52790125
Well my list doesn't use those suits or vehicles but I've plenty of stealthsuits and sources of fusion. With that 74 and a few other changes, I can have a lot of room to play with. Just wanted a second opinion on those damn grenades. Thanks a lot!
>>
saturday at 2pm (GMT+1) will be a announcement for new stuff on the GW community page. its not the sky dwarfes nor shadespire. ;)
>>
So I heard this general is nothing but neckbeards and cargo shorts? Post self with favorite model so we can confirm if that's true or not.
>>
>>52790206
The Beheading is before the Age of Apostasy
>>
>>52789902
white scars with bikes and the khan to give scout to all your rhinos full of gray dudes, then a drop pod full of white scar grav cents with a libby rocking the hunters eye
>>
File: Cult Mechanicus - 1850pts.jpg (425KB, 1080x1435px) Image search: [Google]
Cult Mechanicus - 1850pts.jpg
425KB, 1080x1435px
Aside from taking War Convo is this the right formation selection?
>>
>>52790226
So burgle stuff and more eldar wank?
>>
>>52790222
Actually, I got one last question. Think I should merge two of those MSU strike teams into a 10-man? I'd gain more concentrated firepower off one squad but lose a missile pod.
>>
>>52789939
>Girlyman sees what's going on and goes "SHHHHHHHHHHIEEEEEEEEEEET".
>for you see, Abaddon is surfing the the Eye of Terror towards Terra. The Eye has expanded so much that it covers nearly all the Gothic sector and all areas nearby the Eye
>Morty has besieged Ultramar and is brewing a great plague that will end all plagues, also end all life in the galaxy.

>The smurf king contacts Greyfax and Yvarine and sends them on quests to retieve the Eye of Night and the Hand of Darkness. Items he believes are the key in stopping the growth of the Eye of Terror

>Greyfax story comes first. She goes to the Gothic Sector which is a daemon haunted mess now and goes the last location of Inquisitor Horst
>Turns out Horst is now an undead spirit locked in a Grey Knights armor
>He tells her that Moriana the Crone knows where the Eye of Night
>They go to Moriana home planet deep in the Eye of Terror and after a few fights with Spawn Thing daemons they find her
>Horst and Moriana then proceed to browbeat the shit out of Greyfax until she removes the stick from ass
>Moriana conjures a singing and annoying guide for them and they follow it to the daemon world where the Eye is hidden. Moriana gets nothing out of this except amusement and revenge on a daemon prince who didn't pay her due
>There they find a daemonic room where daemon torturers are torturing people with every torture known to man
>out of the shadows steps a man. It's HORST. Not really. It's the body of Horst being possessed by the daemon prince
>Greyfax wants to blow him away but Horst says "WAAAAAH I WANT MY BODY BACK. I DON'T WANT TO BE UNDEAD FORVER"
>Greyfax goes "alright alright"
>Greyfax, Horst, and their grey knight followers enter a soul duel with the daemons.
>the Grey Knights souls merge together to form a shiny silver voltron
>the daemons are eventually defeated but they couldn't get the daemon prince out of Horst's body
>>
>>52790227
I bet GreyGuardAnon and RedGuardGuy are actually rugged as fuck.
>>
File: void dragon.jpg (22KB, 300x213px) Image search: [Google]
void dragon.jpg
22KB, 300x213px
So... If the Void Dragon wakes up and becomes a Lord of War, should it be able to be taken in a Mechanicus army as well as a Necron one?
>>
>>52790268
>the daemon prince begs and pleads for his life bur Greyfax stone cold kills after mutilating him painfully
>She finishes him with blowing his head off. Amid the brainmatter they find the Eye of Night. It was hidden inside Horst's skull!
>VICTORY Greyfax thinks but as she remembers the cost it she gets gloomy. What they did and what the sacrificed to get the Eye of Night taints her soul. Poor Horst is forever an undead!

I will greentext "The Hand of Darknes" when it finishes. We are only at part one now.
>>
What are you hoping for in 8th ed?

I want each army to be viable by themselves.
>>
File: 1421779300451.png (43KB, 455x410px) Image search: [Google]
1421779300451.png
43KB, 455x410px
>>52789085
>>52789085

>use a small box to roll my dice in in my basement games
>finally decide to check out my local GW for a pickup game
>find a guy to play with, seems friendly enough
>rolls his dice like a madman, they go flying all over the table and often end up crooked, he declares the dice with me barely able to get a glance at times
>I use my box, get some pretty consistant good rolls, he says I should roll on the table like him to make it 'fair'

Whats wrong with the people who play this game?
>>
>>52790268
How the fuck is the Eye of Terra at the Gothic Sector, but not Terra?
Has it just been expanding sideways?
>>
>>52790256
You're not really gaining anything from it. Both squad can stand side-by-side and use their firepower anyway, you're just limiting your options. As long as you have an Ethereal nearby (and you should) then there's no real difference, aside from the turret
>>
>>52790311
I just want more C'tan shards desu.
>>
>>52790272
maybe the omnissiah will prevent him from controling the machanicus
who knows
>>
>>52790272
Cult of the Dragon? Sure, would be cool. If anything, it should do different shit to the army depending on which it's in, granting stat buffs to the 'Crons and perhaps giving the Mechanicus a weak Reanimation Protocols.

Would make an awesome rules proxy for an Archmagos Genetor or something if it's not too much bigger than the current C'Tan, too.
>>
File: Horst and the eye of night..jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Horst and the eye of night..jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
Its really nice they are taking the gothic war as canon, and making it fucking relevant.
>>
>>52790291
Is this a fanfic?
>>
>>52790268
>Items he believes are the key in stopping the growth of the Eye of Terror

How the fuck does he come to this conclusion?
>>
>>52790311
Limit armies to CAD equivalent, one allied detachment can be taken but with a penalty (rather not taking one gives a bonus).

Building your CAD fluffy to your chapter (or equivalent) gives bonuses. I play Imperial Fists, so for example say I take two tactical squads and a Heavy Bolter Devastator squad. For doing this, I get a doctrine for bolters that does something for a turn. IDK for sure, just something to promote fluff.

Rebalancing old/new unit costs to be more consistent. See Land raider vs Riptide.

I am a noob, just saying what I'd like.
>>
>>52790324
Noted. Thank you very much! Time for some numbercrunching!
>>
>>52790360
Oh how I wish it were
>>
>>52790360
40k's creators don't write fluff anymore. So yes.
>>
>>52790360

Gav Thorpe wrote it so pretty much yeah.
>>
>>52790366
They have to stop the Eye of Terror somehow if they weren't lying about not ending 40k.
>>
>>52790213
Technically speaking he got named Lord Protector by then Lord Commander of the Imperium Maximumus Thane after the end of the War of the Beast, but yeah, Vangorich went postal in the worst way possible, especially since he's the Grandmaster of the Officio Assassinorum, the LAST guy you want to snap (worth noting he already coerced/poisoned a previous Ecclesiarch prior to the Beheading, just to get him to behave like a competent High Lord).
>>
>>52790355
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKK6MFoVlgk
>>
>>52790366
>Clowns told him.
>Aeldari Farseers predicted it.
>Celestine received a vision.
>The Emperor's Tarot Cards revealed it.
>His Primarch senses were tingling.

Pick one.
>>
>>52790341
the prevailing theory is that the void dragon IS the omnissiah.
>>
>>52790428
>>Aeldari

Stop.
>>
File: Assassins Hangout.jpg (58KB, 800x398px) Image search: [Google]
Assassins Hangout.jpg
58KB, 800x398px
>>52790428
>His Primarch senses were tingling.
holy shit that actually made me laugh out loud
>>
>>52790396
It doesn't really have to, anything that tries to make it across the table won't and anything deepstriking or outflanking will get intercepted or outflank just as far from deploying normally.
>>
>>52790355
Horst is an old 40K character.

Also the game story is non-canon. Abaddon got the Hand of Darkness and Eye of Night and used them to awaken the Blackstone Fortresses.
>>
>>52790316

Establish what a cocked dice is before the game starts. For our group, its landing on any piece of terrain.
Use a wide area of the board for throwing dice. Either an area off to the side or in a box like the one you have.
>>
>>52790373
>Building your CAD fluffy to your chapter (or equivalent) gives bonuses. I play Imperial Fists, so for example say I take two tactical squads and a Heavy Bolter Devastator squad. For doing this, I get a doctrine for bolters that does something for a turn. IDK for sure, just something to promote fluff.

That's exactly the kind of thing formations were supposed to do. Look how that turned out. Better to just try and make all units viable.
>>
>>52790428
>>The Emperor's Tarot Cards revealed it.

>"yes and see that card, it means you must discover the Heart of Darknessâ„¢ chaos relic to stop the Eye of Terrorâ„¢ from swallowing up the galaxy"
>>
>>52790380
This so much.

Everything from around the start of 5th ed onward is fanfic.
>>
>>52790480
I meant the battlefleet gothic miniatures fluff.
>>
>>52790525
Gav and Phil Kelly were writing the lore since 2nd. Shut up.
>>
>>52790489
>all units viable
I'd like that, just not sure how easy that would be.
>>
>>52790490
lets be honest, the emperors tarrot is a mix of MTG and yugioh cards with a single first edition charizard mixed in that was found in the emperors lab and was copied
>>
>>52790490
>The Emperor's Tarot (aka Imperial Tarot) is a pack of seventy-eight psychoactive liquid-crystal wafers that are linked to the thoughts of the Emperor. The Tarot, commonly believed to have been designed by the Emperor himself, is used throughout the Imperium as a form of divination.

The Heart of Darknessâ„¢ card make a whole lot more sense now.

The Emperor truly protects.
>>
Who's the nicest person in Warhammer 40k?
>>
>>52790538
With oversight from better writers.

Even Phil Kelly's best stuff was good mainly because 90% of it was copypasted from Andy Chambers and he just added and expanded on it.
>>
>>52790573
Kharn
>>
>>52790573
Nork Deddog
>>
>>52790573
Aun'shi.
>>
>>52790573

Sergeant Bastionne.
>>
>>52790593

I wonder if he escaped commorragh before it went to shit
>>
>>52790609
Aun'shi escaped long before that. He even reached the Farsight Enclave and returned back to T'au.
>>
>>52790581
>>52790582
>>52790593
>>52790602

Your reasoning, please? Thank you for the responses, by the way. I'm genuinely curious since I'm reading about Hanns Scharff and it's made me wonder about good people in a "cruel" setting.
>>
>>52790633
>He even reached the Farsight Enclave and returned back to T'au.

When did that happen?
>>
>>52790656
Before the Third Sphere Expansion.
>>
>>52790652
>>52790602

Noble-bright Character in a grim-dark setting.
Also that whole thing where he went back into a Nurgle tainted hive city to save one trooper.
>>
>>52790652
Kharn is an absolute lovable guy who is all around a good time, i mean its easy to get mad at him when he's fracturing your legion or tearing out your buddies skull for his eldritch god, but you'll find it hard to not break a smile as you watch his goofy antics
>>
>>52790652
Perhaps 'nice' is the wrong word but Nork Deddog is definitely v protective and 'caring' for whomever is in his charge
>Nork has saved the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of officers (and troopers) in battle, earning him a vast range of medals and notability among Imperial Officers. He does not fight for these medals, however, but instead, using both his immense brawn and intelligence, he fights for the satisfaction of his superiors
>>
>>52790573
Necron Praetorians before the Necrons started waking up. Because they made an effort to teach other cultures about them when they weren't actively defending the Tomb Worlds, which to be honest they really didn't have to do.
>>
>>52790652
Aun'shi is an ethereal who sacrifices himself for his fellow Tau, not the other way around.

His speech to the Tau captured by the Dark Eldar is heartwarming. "I will always protect you".

Also Asuryan is a damn swell guy.
>>
>>52790573
Isha's pretty swell, though she's not really a person
>>
>>52790582
>Once carried the general he was protecting 10km through enemy lines while dragging their wrecked Chimera behind him as cover
He just takes his job very seriously
>>
>>52790695

Yes, that is quite admirable, I must say. If I'm correct, I also believe Sergeant Bastonne is said to have photographic memory so every loss to him will be remembered forever?

>>52790699

I feel as if you've been spending some time at 1d4chan, my friend!

>>52790702

All Ogryns seem to be childish in so many ways so it's hard for me, personally, to think that they can also rip off limbs and squash humans.
>>
>>52790751
I view ogryns kinda like those superhuman ape strength idiot savant retards
>>
>>52790731
whenever i read that fluff i wonder how fucking strong Ogryns are if they can pull fucking APCs behind them
>>
>>52790723

Is this in the Necron codex(ices) or in some form of book? Where could I read more about this, if you wouldn't mind telling me?

>>52790724

Same as above. Codex or book, if you don't mind?

>>52790725

Well, I could have put "entity," I suppose. All answers are valid!
>>
>>52790790
>Same as above. Codex or book, if you don't mind?

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/quick-reads/aunshi-ebook.html
>>
>>52790751
Kharn being a bro was a meme at my LGS long before i was on 1d4
>>
>>52790787
S5 means he can pen a Leman Russ from behind. If he headbutts it he can glance a land raider
>>
>>52790787
They're larger and stronger than space marines.

They're like mini-elephant sized humans.
>>
>>52790611
A unit of kataphron get monster hunter/skyfire/tankhunter and likely prescience each turn so any MC/GC on the table is getting killed in one turn
>>
>headcanon faggots in the thread
>>
>>52790836
And yet Crud continues to give Tyranid Warriors S/T 4. The faggotry and bias is strong.
>>
>>52790751
ogryns are the down syndrome race of 40k
>disfigured
>dumb as a bag of sand
>stink of shit
>retard strength
>>
>>52790782
>>52790751
orgryns are quite clearly supposed to be grim dark references to lenny from of mice and men

>lovable but stupid guy who is incredibly strong
>sharing the same board as people who haven't read the greatest piece of 1930's depression era literature ever written
>>
>>52790213
>>52790403
>>52790173
Bit off topic but.. anyone know where to find The Beast Series 11/12 in audio?

It's conspicuously absent from my usual haunts.
>>
File: Blood_axe_klan_kommando.jpg (333KB, 1280x1526px) Image search: [Google]
Blood_axe_klan_kommando.jpg
333KB, 1280x1526px
I played two games with my Orks today.

I beat a ravenwing army! The ones with loads of bikes with plasma guns and rending hammers, my boyz got in to combat and swarmed them to death.
Then I got tabled by an elder bike army but that doesn't matter.

What was your last game /tg/?
>>
>>52790830
WIth Straken he can penetrate it

Imagine being a terminator and some retarded guy smashes his face through your land raider
>>
File: AYYLMAO.png (831KB, 753x751px) Image search: [Google]
AYYLMAO.png
831KB, 753x751px
>>52790864
>>
>>52790836
if you ever see a model you'll realize they are almost as big as a primarch

>>52790858
head cannon is a cancer to any community, especially when people start talking about it like its real and then when pressured they say something like "well thats the only way it makes sense"

>>52790844
i thought siggy was Kharns bf?
>>
>>52790864
Warriors deserve not to be priced so high

or

Deserve T5
>>
>>52790869
They're like Sloth from the Goonies
>>
>>52790895

http://www.blacklibrary.com/audio/warhammer-40000-audiobooks/shadow-of-ullanor-mp3.html
>>
>>52790918
S/T 5 is the only thing that makes sense for them. It's how their original stats were. They're synapse so they SHOULD be priced high. They should just be more elite as a result.
>>
>>52790787
>whenever i read that fluff i wonder how fucking strong Ogryns are if they can pull fucking APCs behind them
A big horse can pull several tons worth of vehicle (I think about 25 tons per horse is the record), although that would generally be with better running gear than I would expect from a wrecked APC. So, very rough estimate an ogryn is about as strong as a big horse, which seems fairly plausible given that they probably have a similar mass. I expect an ogryn-sized gorilla (gigantopithicus was about that size, I think) could probably pull an impressive amount and I get the impression ogryns are about that level of muscle density.
>>
File: woa.gif (1MB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
woa.gif
1MB, 450x338px
>>52790926
the goonies
>1985
warhammer 40k
>1987
>>
>>52790430
but what about the machine spirit
>>
>>52790906
Meme photo but compare them to the chimera behind them
>>
>>52790936
Yeah but they're also troops choices.

I could see them being cheap as fuck objective secured synapse nodes if only they were cheaper.
Equipped to take on whatever type on unit you need them to take on, they'd be the glue that holds your force together.
>>
File: 1490554825695.gif (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490554825695.gif
22KB, 400x400px
>>52790929
Thanks, now you rank only slightly below ADB in terms of human worth.
>>
>>52790952
Ogryns are bigger than large horses, they're almost the same size as guard APCs.
>>
>>52790895
Been looking for that myself. I'm considering grabbing it from BL, but alas, I'm a broke git...
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>52790988
I mean look at nork compared to a space marine who's 8' tall, these guys are huge
>>
>>52790977
that would be what you call the void dragon/omnissiah's influence over machines. they all have a personality, but they're only persnickety for humans, who didn't earn the power, the machine just listens to their requests ocasionally. for necron adherents of the void dragon, they will obey up until extreme circumstances, and for the void dragon, they literally cannot disobey.
>>
>>52790990
They're troops choices post-Crud era.

They were originally Elites and could even be taken as HQ.

Regardless of that minor point, they should still be S/T 5 by every reasonable comparison. They're twice the size of Space Marines and more heavily genetically engineered. Genestealers are S/T 4 and Warriors are much bigger forms that are just more generalized (lower WS/I) instead of specialized for CC.
>>
>>52790790
Well, my justification for Isha is that she's a goddess of healing for the Eldar, but doesn't seem to be as stuck up as them. While she's locked up with Nurgle, she's constantly sending out the cures to his newest plagues, and isn't doing that exclusively for Eldar.
>>
>>52791023
Apparently it's just not out there, even my usual 40 Audiobook uploaders are requesting it.

I could read it in ebook.. but I've gotten used to the narrator.
>>
>>52791032
So are any Ogryns below 10' considered manlets?
>>
>>52791032
using miniatures as a size comparison doesnt work very well mate
the models are proportional
>>
>>52790864
>large animals on earth capable of shrugging off small arms fire without injury
>20 foot tall bio-engineered war organisms die to a few shots from a stub pistol
>>
>>52791079
Hounds have no survivability unless if they're invisible with belakor who would need to be out of cover, I do have a knight that can take out multiple hound units a turn
>>
>>52791078
I don't think Ogryns are smart enough to understand the social cues necessary to understand Manlets. To be honest, i'm pretty sure even their own breeding is just a commissar telling them who they're allowed to fuck.
>>
>>52789440
There's really nothing better than the 40k generals here sadly. Everything else is mostly clickbait and WAAC memes. You might have luck on dakka, just know when to ignore.
>>
>>52791090
Fucking exactly (although Warriors aren't nearly 20ft tall but your point still stands). I strongly suspect the people who write Tyranids these days don't have a single clue about biology or anything relating to the natural world, which should be like requirement #1 to be in charge of the faction.
>>
>>52791042
No it's established that everything has an echo in the warp and that any machine intelligence will have a stronger presence
In fact the rituals mechanicum do are likely to increase the strength of that spirit and shape it into something that won't go rogue
>>
File: 1455572379756.png (136KB, 170x342px) Image search: [Google]
1455572379756.png
136KB, 170x342px
>>52791138
>>
>>52789617
Only one question:
Why not use the emp's blade and grab another CCS for the cad?
>>
>>52791079
Also,
>BT
>out of LOS
Are you playing in skyscraper terrain?
>>
>>52791147
You can tell just looking at his face he has some kind of mental disability. I think he forgot to bring his fedora to the photo op.
>>
File: 1462665045897.png (1MB, 1360x1335px) Image search: [Google]
1462665045897.png
1MB, 1360x1335px
>>52791177
>>
>>52789617
Needs Emperor's Wrath for some basilisks
>>
>>52791138
They tower above space marines. They're at least 12 feet, easily. Maybe closer to 15, but you get my point.

A lot of the time it feels like animals from earth would be more dangerous than a typical Tyranid Warrior
>>
File: IMG_9383.jpg (32KB, 311x303px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9383.jpg
32KB, 311x303px
>>52791110
Ogryns grew up in prison worlds and had to evolve to be /fit/ so they could compete for mates and resources, or at least that's the fluff, so they're basically space cavemen

>mfw an ogryn wants to club me over the head and fuck me but I notice he's 9'11"
>>
>>52791195
12 feet is a big difference from 20. But like I said, yeah, your point still stands. There's no way in fuck an Ogryn should have any stats higher than a Tyranid Warrior.
>>
>>52791168
A lot of lvo tourneys have cover big enough to hide the giant forge world knights to keep certain ultra shooty armies down a bit
>>
>>52791204
exactly, hence, all the ogryns alive today are the result of decades of survival of the fittest, so none of them would be manlets anyway, and on the ones that are, nobody would care, because they can still kill their way into some pussy.
>>
>>52791251
There would still be some shorter ogryns since that's how evolution works, there would be variance so the population would have outliers that are taller and shorter than the mean

Same with humans which is why we have manlets punching antifa protesters in the face even though you'd think short people would have been bred out long ago
>>
File: IMG_1317.jpg (371KB, 1242x1990px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1317.jpg
371KB, 1242x1990px
Fresh cancer out of the oven
>>
File: buggy 02.png (282KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
buggy 02.png
282KB, 960x540px
I've been teaching myself how to use Blender by designing an ork buggy. Obviously still very much WiP, but I'm pretty taken with it and thinking about trying to make a physical version when it's finished.

Does anyone here have any experience turning computer models into real miniatures? What companies will do 3D printing at high enough resolution for a reasonable price?
>>
>>52791251
Unless there are female ogryns, he's literally killing that pussy.
>>
>>52791068
Yeah, the narrator for the Beast Arises is very zoggin' good at his job. iirc, His name's Gareth Armstrong which makes me think of Major Armstrong, but that's probably the /a/ side of me talking, even if extremely musclebound army major narrating a series about extremely strong superhumans and their giant green muscular enemies is oddly amusing.

I do remember seeing someone post a YouTube video for the Shadow of Ullanor audiobook awhile back, but the vid was all 5-6 hours of the book in one go, no separation between chapters or anything.

So it's definitely out there, it's just no one's decided to upload their copy for others to pass around.

On a side-note anon: What did you think of the last few chapters of Last Son of Dorn?
>>
>>52791225
I just don't see hounds ever surviving within range
>>
>>52791331
This narration technique has been passed down the Armstrong family line for GENERATIONS
>>
>>52791315
Not wrong about the retconning part really.
>>
>>52791331
>What did you think of the last few chapters of Last Son of Dorn?
I'm a bad person to discuss books with because I don't think of them, I just experience them.
>>
>>52791302
I can attest that these three
>>52790988
Are three different heights side by side.
>>
>>52791315
Why do people want to change the setting of stories? If they want female space marines in good power armor, why is no one complaining about Starcraft?
>>
>>52791251
>none of them would be manlets
Manlets are all relative.

If everyone was 6'+ then manlets would be 6' - 6'3"
>>
>>52791405
Didn't ABD already ruin 30k?
>>
File: B4mYwK7IcAE4Sg0.png (183KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
B4mYwK7IcAE4Sg0.png
183KB, 600x612px
>>52791315
I say the Inquisition should hand these two heretics over to the Blood Axe clan with the explicit request they be sent to the Digga 'breeding pens' for punishment.

A simple execution is too kind for such vile heresy as this.
>>
In what order should I listen to the warhammer audiobooks? I am gonna start taking walks and listening to the fluff, so help is wanted
>>
>>52791416
Yeah, but Abnett dindu nuffin.
Except ruin the Alpha Legion and introduce Enuncia, which should have been unnecessary as it's basically sorcery in the post-sorcery-and-psychic-are-the-same canon.
>>
>>52791405
Abnett is fine. ADB is a shit.
>>
>>52791416

So did Abnett kinda tbqh senpai with Legion
>>
>>52791315
I'm ok if they add female Orks, male Tyranids, all with plastic models.

Everyone has proper plastic models first then I don't care if they put tits and vagina to marines if they update the rest of the fucking decade old line.

The bloody lore now is a fanfic so futa porn would not be surprising.
>>
>>52791408
Because starcraft players wouldn't actually care if there were male marines. The only reason the sjws target 40k marines is because people actively argue against it, which gives the sjw's a source of victimization, which sustains them.
>>
File: floigans06.jpg (33KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
floigans06.jpg
33KB, 320x240px
>>52790877
I have always thought of the abominable snowman from the Looney tunes when I think of ogryn. Which was likely based off of lennie.

The thought of an imperial officer being hugged and petted by a new ogryn bodyguard makes me giggle.

> Sir your new bodyguard is here.
>> Bring him in.
Suddenly an ogryn bursts through the door and hugs the commander to his chest and says " oh boy my very own commander, I will feed him and protect him and I will call him George " starts swinging the commander back and forth in what must be the most literal version of a bear hug possible.
>>
>>52791315
Can we first get some fucking female guard models? They are actually all over the lore and it would add some nice variance to my army
>>
>>52791527
>Guardswomen models are the exact same. Except a slightly more feminine* face under the helmet

>*Feminine according to GW sculpts, please reference Sisters of Battle models for examples
>>
>>52791476
>>52791452
So in short. No one should write marine stuff. Abnett can stick to guard stuff.
>>
>>52791505
I feel like giving things genders is the wrong way to go. It's like making a babie doll and have her dressed up in power armor to show that girls can be space marines. But most people dont want the setting to change to cater to women, but the other fans and society to be more accepting of their interests.
>>
>>52791225
What do you think of a Murderhorde in Daemonic Incursion?
>>
File: IMG_2726.jpg (164KB, 709x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2726.jpg
164KB, 709x1024px
>>52791553
SJW won't be happy till everything looks like this.

Then proceed to not buy anything.
>>
>>52791505
>female Orks
ZOG NO.
We already retconned that squig-brained stupidity out of Ork lore a long time ago, and it should stay that way!

As for futa porn... pretty sure Slaaneesh/Her-Dickness has that one covered in all sorts of ways.

>>52791527
>Can we first get some fucking female guard models?
As soon as the SoB gets their plastic models (which may or may not happen, if Saint Celestine's arrival is any indication).

Honestly though, female guard models would require GW to make new models specifically for them... which they aren't likely to do because it'd cost them money. Better to spend that money creating pointless new models for the zoggin' Ultrasmurfs instead!
>>
File: WP_20170419_15_24_03_Pro.jpg (441KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170419_15_24_03_Pro.jpg
441KB, 1024x576px
Hey /tg/ currently in the midst of a 2000pt Guard v Guard game and down about 8-2 so send me your strength anons. Also what are you fags up to?
>>
>>52791625
Shitpostan on /tg/ until it's time to get started on dinner.
>>
File: 1446640539168.jpg (20KB, 450x336px) Image search: [Google]
1446640539168.jpg
20KB, 450x336px
>>52791571
>But most people dont want the setting to change to cater to women, but the other fans and society to be more accepting of their interests.

very weird

especially because tabletop wargaming will never become mainstream with women even if you made every fucking character in the game a woman
>>
>>52791658
This:
Let's alienate out core customers in order to appeal to people that don't and won't give a fuck unless it's to complain or answer a poll about it.
>>
>>52791680

Doesn't he give all his csm chars waifus? That's arguable worse if so.
>>
>>52791680
He and Laurie Goulding have been at the forefront of the "Emperor's Deal" and "Let's turn the Horus Heresy from a Chaos Defeat into Just As Planned" Committee.
Made even more egregious by the fact that they're non-repentant chaosfags who are rebuilding the setting based on their own personal opinion.

Will never forget the Mortarion's Heart interview where Laurie essentially said, "Yeah, I didn't like the story personally, so I changed it." Personal opinions of ascended fanboys are literally the drive behind all the retcons in 40k right now. Fuck ADB and fuck Laurie.
>>
>>52791743
>Will never forget the Mortarion's Heart interview where Laurie essentially said, "Yeah, I didn't like the story personally, so I changed it." Personal opinions of ascended fanboys are literally the drive behind all the retcons in 40k right now. Fuck ADB and fuck Laurie.

I'm sorry, are you defending the Draigo story?
>>
>>52791743
5th edition lore was a mistake. A mistake the supports mistakes since then.
>>
>>52791765
Yes, he is. What a dick.

LG's version of the story was praised by many fans because it actually made sense and paid respect to Morty.
>>
>>52791743
I remember the fucking blood angels x necrons book. Apparently the Silent King met Sanguinius during the Heresy. Kind of odd that Sanguinius never talked about it.
>>
>>52791743
>Personal opinions of ascended fanboys are literally the drive behind all the retcons in 40k right now.
Unless there's a few BL authors who are Orkfags covered in purple to hide their allegiance from the rest of us, I wouldn't say ALL of the retcons are the work of ascended fanboys...
>>
>>52791774
I jut hate the whole:
"It's a mystery" "necrons did it" "now chaos did it"
>>
>>52791765
>>52791776

With their audiodramas involving Morty, I really hope Dragio gets a cameo...
>>
>>52791786
At least is not the Eldaring crap, it was getting boring.

Nice change cheetahfag.
>>
>>52791625
shitposting on /tg/ in between episodes of archer, considering starting a necron army because I've had the weirdest boner for their theme, lore and aesthetic recently. Probably because I recently read Ciaphas Cain.
>>
>>52791778
Again with the reading comprehension of a retard. This is /tg/ now full of peo-ple like you.

No, you idiot, the Silent king never met Sangy. The Triarch Praetorian makes in clear in his telling. What a the Silent King did was order his Cryptek to show him the history of the Blood Angels so that he can forge "A new truth for him" in other words a deception/lie.

He was bullshitting the Blood Angels into a one sided alliance.
>>
>>52791803
The mystery part was there so players could do their own shit.

Now that everything is getting explained the "my dudes" part of the hobby is getting murder.
>>
>>52791839
S'what i meant, back when it was ambiguous it was interesting, now they just pass the buck between whatever faction ise irrelevant and needs lore mention to seem important.
>>
>>52791786
>Chaos was destined to be victorious over a crumbling Imperium, which was only still alive because it managed to eke out surviving the Horus Heresy
>Wah wah wah! Chaos always loses! The Horus Heresy has to be according to our plan too!
Lel.
>>
>>52791803
This >>52791839

Things being ambiguous was much better. Explaining a mysterious thing can often ruin it.
>>
>>52791901
/tg/ is too full of autists for that argument to stick. They literally will not be able to comprehend how you could believe that.
>>
>>52791899
The Imperium is crumbling due to Abaddon's Long War though (Xenos helped too but they are lesser threats).

After the HH and The Beast War, the Imperium threatened to be mighty again but Abaddon and his minion saw that never happened.
>>
>>52791765
Are you defending retcons because an individual wasn't "feeling it"? Maybe you'd have a point if he said the community wasn't feeling it.
>>
>>52791901
Name one mystery that GW revealed. You can't.
>>
>>52791949
The Horus Heresy.
>>
>>52791949
Horus Heresy. Before the HH books it was a mystery.
>>
>>52791959
There was no mystery there. We already know the events and how they went down.
>>
>>52791948

And here you are acting like that story wasn't almost universally reviled, you silly faggot. Even most well adjusted GK players did not deign to defend it. Get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>52791936
Oh yes, Abaddon, Warmaster of Chaos and his minions saw to it that the Imperium is crumbling. Truly now I see how Chaos always loses and so the HH had to be retconned into their victory.

>>52791959
I'm pretty sure we're on the same side, but the Horus Heresy was already pretty fleshed out before BL came along. Hardly a mystery for the most part. That the original fluff and BL's series of events barely even resemble each other after book 5 or so is a different matter.
>>
>>52791618

>Then proceed to not buy anything.

Honestly this is the main reason why I don't want female marines. If there were actually women playing the fucking game, spending money and otherwise enjoying the hobby, but still feeling left out of the marine main protagonist party, I might be sympathetic. But shit like female Thor has taught me that they aren't actually interested in 40k, they just want to shit on it because they see it as a boys club, and once they've irreversibly changed it, they'll move on to something else without spending a dime on the hobby they bitched so much about.
>>
>>52791949

Farsight.
>>
>>52791923
Yeah. That's probably how we got to this point. Autists demanding explanations for things that didn't need it.

We didn't need to witness the Horus Heresy first-hand and watch the Emperor tip his Fedora at everyone and be a terrible father. All we need is second-hand legends and account a that give people's opinions. Some say he was a great man, others say he wasn't. Same with the Golden Throne. It adds more to the grimdark tone of its ambiguous as to if he's really alive or dead. Maybe he will return from it one day once he's recovered, or maybe the Chaos legions are right and the Astronomicon is just the psychic remnants of his corpse. There's no way for most people in the setting to know, and anyone who could find out would probably keep saying whatever fit their needs anyway.
>>
>>52791949
Dawn blade.
From unknown to necron relic to now soul stealing sword. (And you just *know* it'll be "revealed" as the 5th Crone Sword to make Tau relevant for the Ynnari.)
>>
>>52791981
>you silly faggot.
Means nothing coming from someone without reading comprehension. Nowhere did I imply that it wasn't universally reviled. I said it was unacceptable that he changed it because he didn't like it. If he said "I changed it because no one liked it," we wouldn't even be having this discussion. But he didn't. He said "I", himself, personally.
No amount of deflection or strawmanning on your part is going to change that.
>>
>>52791985
>h yes, Abaddon, Warmaster of Chaos and his minions saw to it that the Imperium is crumbling.

You mean Abaddon that the fanbase mocks as a failure since forever? Yes, Chaos needed notable victories to offset that and appear to the fanbase as a great threat that it should be.

It's rare to see an anon BTFO his own argument like this. You guys dug your own graves. Now lay in them.
>>
>>52792008
>(And you just *know* it'll be "revealed" as the 5th Crone Sword to make Tau relevant for the Ynnari.)

I'm looking forward to Farsight fighting alongside Yvraine, Guilliman and the Saint against Abaddon to be honest.
>>
>>52791949
Farsight
Horus Heresy
Necrons
Eldar
The Emperor workings and stuff
Primarchs
>>
>>52792006
>>52791923
I resent that, as an autist I'd rather have a good mystery than a ham-fisted explanation thought up by a intern.

What is DO want are thoroughly written rules without ambiguity, where players aren't asked to imagine it themselves.
>>
File: Chaos Daemons1850pts.jpg (274KB, 864x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Daemons1850pts.jpg
274KB, 864x1076px
Thoughts?
>>
>>52792050
I could really go for a noodle box right now

Also: Repetetive.
>>
>>52792050
Sweet baby Jesus that's a lot of hounds. And I guess you plan on using the tzeentch guys to summon more.
>>
>>52792041
Except chaos has been winning since the Horus Heresy, as your chaosfag buddy has been pointing out.

>>52792025
>You mean Abaddon that the fanbase mocks as a failure since forever? Yes, Chaos needed notable victories to offset that and appear to the fanbase as a great threat that it should be.
See? He thinks the retcons are necessary because the fanbase (like you), needs their victories beat over their heads or retconned into existence because you don't actually read the fluff.
>>
>>52792028
The Tau have had some pretty nasty dealings with Dark Eldar in the past, I hope they don't trust Yvraine and her Ynnari easily.
>>
Is it just me, or is this one of the nastiest shitpostiest general threads we've had in a while.
>>
>>52792091
They will. Tau are too open negotiations to not trust them with whatever they say. They'll probably ask for compensation for killing Slaanesh for them.
>>
File: 99120218019_GryphHounds01.jpg (59KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120218019_GryphHounds01.jpg
59KB, 600x620px
>>52792050
Want to use these as hounds and convert the khorne herald cause I hate how khorne looks
>>
>>52792115
That's every general.
>>
>chaos wins
>setting ends
So either
1) chaos fails by someone pulling a magic macguffin out of their haemorrhoid and nurgling infested arsehole
2) they make a new setting with new models to replace the setting where everyone has several thousand points of old models
>>
>>52792082
>He thinks the retcons are necessary because the fanbase (like you)

I don't, GW does.

You think GW is not listening to the fanbase? They fucking do. The Tau being turned 12 shades of grimdark all of a sudden. All the focus Abaddon and the Black Legion in 6th ED which ADB said was made to combat the Abaddon meme and bad reputation in the fanbase.

All of this was because GW is giving the fanbase what they want or addressing their concern. Fanbase doesn't see Abaddon or Chaos as the major threats they are? Time to fix that!

This is how it works. If GW over did it, then nobody is to blame here but you guys.
>>
>>52792115
Na, It's uncharacteristically on-topic, and nowhere near the potency of the nu-marine discussions.
>>
>>52792080
It's pretty cool that they can hold objectives without sitting on them too, most of my army isn't ever standing still, when it's alive. I plan to get a thirster out definitely.
>>52792050
Dude who runs Murderhorde
>>
>>52792148
>nu-marine

What happened to that anyway? Everyone said it was happening and the sky was falling and then... nothing.
>>
File: Alaitoc and the Tau.png (77KB, 237x193px) Image search: [Google]
Alaitoc and the Tau.png
77KB, 237x193px
>>52792091
The Tau don't hate all Eldar. They have friendly relations with a couple of Craftworlds.
>>
All comers cumers list.
The Psykers are there to cast Prescience.

How fucked is the Ork player?
>>
>>52792165
The last rumor that came up said it was a new mark of powered armor. And there hasn't been anything to respark the shitposting.
>>
>>52791834
Then why does the silent king have internal dialogue about alliances that could have been but never were? Why does the Silent King have Sang's death mask? Did the BA never recover it? If it's necrons time traveling to get relics from the past, why do they need the BA to kill off some faggot bugs?
>>
>>52792181
Granted, I don't frequent general threads, I pop in once a day or so to see what's going on. So I'm not exactly an expert authority. But this one I definitely noticed a lot of baity laughing images or the classic "you need reading comprehension" and "faggot!" replies that I don't normally see in my daily scroll through.

Maybe I was just paying closer attention this time.
>>
>>52792172
Drop the henchmen psykers and pick up an IA Psykana division with a lv2 primaris and 7-8 wyrdvane.
>>
>>52792147
>Tau
>Grimdark

Are we talking about the same faction that made Necron Pilots cry in emotions due to how cool and kawai desu the Tau pilots are?
Oh wait you are talking how they are hammering hard the separatist faction? No that cant be the farsight enclaves have all the new fancy Tech the rest of the empire hads. They are pretty friendly to dissident.

Tau need to stop being anime protagonist and go back to the united empire of difference xenos faction not the fucking mecha army.
>>
>>52792158
Whoops, burned myself. Meant to quote
>>52792069
>>
>>52792222
I can hide the psykers behind the Exorcist that was the reason behind it. Completely block of line of sight.

Also the psykana is way more expensive than 18 points.
>>
>>52791032
MkIII looks pretty good with those jump packs desu
>>
>>52792211
>Then why does the silent king have internal dialogue about alliances that could have been but never were?

Wow...really?

There were two POV characters in the WHOLE short story. A Triarch Praetorian talking to Anrakyr about the event, and a Blood Angels talking about the event to his brothers. The Silent King only spoke a SINGLE line of dialogue.

>Why does the Silent King have Sang's death mask?

He created it as a part of the ruse.

> If it's necrons time traveling to get relics from the past, why do they need the BA to kill off some faggot bugs?

They didn't time travel. They just saw the Blood Angels past.

And the Silent King objective is to teach Anrakyr and Dante that alliances can be struck between both factions in order to allow for the Shield of Baal to happen.
>>
>>52792262
Tau pilots where so good that necron pilots got emotional when fighting them.
>>
>>52792230
What does this have to do with the Tau being drenched in a shade of grimdark with each edition? You just wanted to whine about Tau wank.
>>
>>52792296
They are brighter each edition.

Compare the 3rd and Taros books with the new stuff. It is comical how easy the Tau have it.
>>
>>52792262
A Tau ace showed a great display of skill that a Necron pilot for the first time in millions of years regained sentience for a bit to admire the skill of his foe and show interest before being destroyed and forced to phase out.

Anon is making a big deal about it for no reason.
>>
>>52792165
"Everyone" took turn saying it was happening and it was a shoop.

As always no conclusive proof turned up either way and it died out after shitting generals for a a week or so.

Only real proof was that Anon can't recognise bits for shit.

>>52792219
>But this one I definitely noticed a lot of baity laughing images or the classic "you need reading comprehension" and "faggot!" replies that I don't normally see in my daily scroll through.

Those are all par the course, they are also repetitive enough that they're nearly all in my personal filter, and I make sure to manually hide baitposts that will do nothing but generate shitpost replies.

>352 replies
>144 shown
Filter doing its job, I see more stubs than posts.

I don't go to 40kg much, only to see if any DG news are out.
>>
>>52792333
Not really. Read Phil Kelly's recent novels about the Tau. They are more darker and unreasonable.
>>
>>52792347
That sounds more like Necrons being Necrons rather than anything else. I'm sure a similar thing could happen with a Crimson Hunter or a Space marine pilot
>>
It's one of the great ironies on /tg/ that when someone says they're new, there's always a few replies like, "Don't sweat the specifics of the fluff, the setting is open to interpretation! Enjoy the fluff however you like!" And then you remove the interested newfriend element, and suddenly those "open interpretations" turn into religious doctrine that must be defended against the heretic anon.
>>
>>52792347
Anime Protagonist plot.

And lets not get me started with marines.

So Heroic! So self sacrifice! So Majestic!
It kind of lose its coolness when marines are programed to act like that.
>>
>>52792395
It's acceptable to be ignorant, it's heresy to be wrong.
>>
>>52792050
Unfluffy
>>
>>52791527
>Implying people who bitch about the lack of female marines know about the Emperor's Hammer
>>
Is there anywhere to learn how to make good/ok lists?
>>
>>52792507
1d4chan
>>
>>52792507
On the table.
>>
>>52792517
Get Priest! Give them Plasmaguns!

No, maybe it is good for a general idea, but not for a proper list or tactic.
>>
>>52792541
>Blood of Kittens
Copying Tourney lists does not count as learning.
>>
>>52792495
It'll look fluffy atleast.. >>52792126
>>
>>52792507
With friends at LGS, play games and feel out what is good
>>
>>52792172
How do you people create lists like these? like what program do you use
>>
>>52792805
Photoshop.

Please keep asking we love to spoonfeed people.
>>
File: 1489963192488.png (39KB, 1050x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489963192488.png
39KB, 1050x900px
>>52789469
You failed to answer the question.
>>
>>52792805
>every single thread
you're retarded. read the OP.
>>
>>52792805
Literally in the OP almost near the bottom
>>
File: IMG_20170419_181559.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170419_181559.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
HAHA TIME FOR KILL TEAM
VS Death Guard, place your bets
>>
File: Dark Angels - 650pts.jpg (269KB, 1800x932px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Angels - 650pts.jpg
269KB, 1800x932px
My first try for a list (complete total newbie)
>>
>>52791425
wait orks breed humans by force? damn i never heard of that shit. Got a link?
>>
>>52793000
Guy at GW told me that I needed a librarian with shroud, other than that it's mostly things I find cool. I am going to add a FW Vernable Dreadnought later
>>
>>52793000
You'v only been playing for a couple months tops, stop being a cunt
>>
>>52793037
Try decades. Come back when you have two decade old models.

Cry with me anon
>>
>>52790130
I dunno which one to give them, since I have a box of sniper scouts and a box of bolter scouts. I feel like it would be a good idea to give them the heavy weapons, I'm just not sure which to give each squad.

>>52790151
I dunno, I'm pretty new to this, but I'd like to give the snipers a heavy weapon since the sniper rifles are heavy weapons as well, so it'd make sense, right? But then again, sniper rifles seem pretty okay by themselves too, so I dunno.

I'm not sure how to equip the non-sniper scouts I have, since it only comes with 4 bolters on the sprue, so I'd think that I should either give them the heavy bolter or the missile launcher so everyone has a decent ranged weapon, but that does remove the mobility from the bolters.

And I still don't know what to equip dev squads with. I was told that Missile Launchers are good, but then I was told they're bad, so I really don't know. Plasma Cannons look like fun, and Lascannons and Multi-meltas seem like good anti-tank.
>>
>>52793048
How dare you call someone WAAC for taking bikes in a Dark Angels army, to any degree or configuration. Fucks sake, you've been around long enough. Have you stopped playing at 5th or something? Just stick around for the narrative?
>>
>>52791032
Space Marines are 7' tall.
>>
>>52793071
Not the same guy that scream waac.
>>
Could anyone give me a quick opinion on The Kauyon audio drama? And are there any other decent Tau-themed audiobooks? I need something to listen to to (hopefully) focus.
>>
>>52792953
BTW How do I build a librarian on a bike? I can't find such a model
>>
>>52791405
ADB is quite literally in charge of Chaos fluff and anything revolving Abbaddon.
>>
>>52793094
It's two bike squads of 3 and a biker librarian, not even black knights, and he has terminators
What the fuck are you noobs talking about?
>>
>>52793159
Ask >>52793000 not me.
>>
>>52792008
No, there's proof it's not the 5th one, because it said an Eldar has the 5th one.
>>
People who don't know how to play the game seriously need to shut the fuck up about this WAAC nonsense, just because we all don't waste our time smashing units together cluelessly and jerk off while proclaiming the 10 laws of "Why There are No Female Space Marines" don't force your own horrible, uninformed agenda.

The real cancer that is killing this game aren't the people who actually WAAC I.E. ITC netlisters without knowing how to play it's the fluffy fagnards that have been spurting to their footslog Ultramarines for the past 30 years and STILL don't know how to play.
>>
File: Everything is Heresy.gif (42KB, 989x679px) Image search: [Google]
Everything is Heresy.gif
42KB, 989x679px
>>52793308
>>
>>52793354
/40kg/ is the most heretical thread on /tg/
>>
Some retard made a new thread, time for a new one anyway?
>>52793442
>>52793442
>>52793442
>>
>>52792914
Sadly i'll be placing mine on Death Guard. They're just really good now that Traitor Legions is out. Even before that they're pretty tough.
>>
File: Stevie.jpg (82KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Stevie.jpg
82KB, 250x250px
>>52789469
>absolute trash

You're entitled to an opinion. Even if it confirms your poor taste.
>>
Any good place to get people to C + C your personal fluff for your army?

I've my own Space Marine Chapter and I'd like to get some more thoughts on it.
>>
>>52793982
I can't think of anywhere specific, but sometimes a your dudes thread shows up around here, or people might stop meming for half a second to talk about it here.

My cut and dry guide for writing fluff is always that for every major positive trait you give your guys (These guys are really good librarians, so much that almost all marines are basic psykers), something else should be negative (They are frequently struck down by visions of doom, and have to "hear" every thought of their battle brothers, rendering most paranoid if not insane over time). Don't worry if it sounds cheesy, because 40k is meant to be cheesy anyway.
>>
>>52789225
Black Library is the cancer m8, it's a non stop sewer pipe.
>>
>>52789440
No this is basically it.

Yeah I know.
Thread posts: 371
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.