[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An ancient evil has returned. https://youtu.be/jkj8KmxYpkQ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 47

An ancient evil has returned.
https://youtu.be/jkj8KmxYpkQ
>>
>That Intro.
I miss Space Marine.
>>
>>52789071
>That first screen.
Gee, why not just go ahead and cite every page on lexicanum? Didn't see you say you didn't have the rights to Macharius.
>>
>>52789144
We all do, brother.
>>
>>52789071

>Scope jigglin like a kid who had too much sugar.

Damn it LIIVI, use a damn bipod.

Also I want to see the 30 minutes of her calling him a dirty mon-keigh we all know happened. Or the dirty heretical sex. Im good with either.
>>
>every day until you like it
Saw the thread yesterday, saw it on facebook. Video is very well made but LCB and its lore-rape has overstayed its welcome
>>
>>52789167
>That urgent mission with 30-40 days for arrival.

Made me giggle.
>>
>>52789144
I knew it was familiar.
>>52789342
>spoiler.
t. Tarkus.
>>
>>52789342
LCB is a dark part of /tg/ history also the smut is good.
>>
>>52789349
That's the Imperial burocracy at its finest.
>>
>>52789071
ah, the time when Unyuufex was a thing...
>>
>>52789407
In Seventh Retribution we learn the assassins have archeotech transports and the best navigators that can take them anywhere in the galaxy in a week.

30-40 days the High Lords must've been like, "Yeah, we need the target dead but no hurry though, take your time about it."
>>
>>52792335
>Kill someone in 30-40 days is not important.
I see...
>When the target site is in middle a clusterfuck where almost everyone in the galaxy is fighting each other.
>When even the loyalist forces are shooting each other.
The High must have some interesting priorities.
>>
>>52793243
30-40 days to arrive clearly isn't important when you can get your man there in 7 if you wanted.
>>
Why do people have problems with Love can Bloom? It's not a bad fanfic. The 40k universe is big enough to allow this to exist.
>>
>>52794714
It has an assassin, a brainwashed killing machine made of flesh, betray humanity for xeno pussy. It's got THE WORST anime/romance tropes which wouldn't be a problem if not for the positions of the characters involved. They also kill a Grey Knight, a literal paladin of justice who dedicated his entire existence to fighting the worst horrors of Hell itself so that people like that race-traitor could go on existing without getting assraped for all eternity. It's cringeworthy animu fantasy stuffed into the worst possible setting. They showed the Avatar storyline in a setting where humanity fights for it's very survival against xenos and traitors are a HUGE deal, and they did it with Eldar, a race that views us as ''lesser creatures to be exterminated''. THANK YOU based GW for putting an end to any possibility of that garbage by killing of Taldeer, and by adding that bit that she was horribly tortured beforehand. Fuck lcb, and if you like it, fuck you too.
>>
>>52794943
Like I said, the 40k universe is big enough to allow this to exist. This is an universe where billions dyinng is a bette than normal day, souls are tortured for all eternity by beings of pure evil, and the galaxy is just a litteral hellhole where no chance of survival exists, because everything is going to get eaten by the nids anyway. What's so bad about a love story? And about LIVII sparing Taldeer, isn't mercy one of the most human virtues?
>>
File: tarkus.jpg (13KB, 374x476px) Image search: [Google]
tarkus.jpg
13KB, 374x476px
>>52789364
codex doesn't say thou shall not pound, brother/

>>52794943
calm it down anon.
some people like sloch and without those faggots we wouldn't have good pulps and without those good pulps 40K would not exist.
we have to accept that animu faggotry on a mongolian throat singing message board is going to exist and there will always be a place for faggots like those a body bag
>>
>>52795014
>isn't mercy one of the most human virtues?
Holy shit i don't even know how to respond to this. Mercy is what got the Emperor where he is. Is mercy a human virtue? Not in 40k, friendo. In 40k, mercy gets you killed or worse. And he didn't spare her out of mercy, he spared her because his dick told him to. And again, this is an ASSASSIN, these things are more conditioned then the Astartes. It has a cringeworthy storyline that pisses on the core values of 40k. Also i am SUPER mad about that Grey Knight.
>>52795017
Tarkus is literally everything an Astartes should aspire to be.
>>
>>52789071
Haha, nice.
>>
>>52794943
Are you a questfag too? Because the only creatures I've seen with that level of salt content are questfags.
>>
>>52795082
We're talking about an assassin, a man broken physicallyand mentally since the day he was born to the point of considering himself moe a weaon than a man, conditioned to obey the slightest order and sent to die in a hopeless world. And then he found the strenght of character to choose hat, for once, he would save a life insead of destroy it. It's a tale o inner strenght for LIVII and it's a tale of humbleness for Taldeer, who had to accep a mon'keigh as her savior and lover.
>>
>>52795149
>break the super-effective conditioning and brainwashing that worked on literally everyone else through the power of love
SUPER cringe. This is what i mean when i say animu tropes. 40k might be an over-the-top setting in a lot of ways, but it has always been a deconstruction of tropes like these. Shit, guess they should never send Vindicares against any female deploying troops ever again.

The beauty and inspiration in 40k comes from seeing how humanity struggles and refuses to be brought down. The guardsman who charges a berzerker after dozens of his comrades have been cut to paste only to land a lucky blow that topples the giant, the astartes who stands his ground against the endless swarm of Tyranids and manages to pull a lot of them with him before getting ripped apart, the inquisitor who bombs a world so that corruption does not take it, this is what makes 40k wonderful. As well as seeing the camaraderie of the Guard and the brotherhood of the Astartes. With, of course, the ocassional romance story, within species, of course. But this? When LIVI betrayed Imperium, he shat on every guardsman that ever died in terror, despair and agony, every astartes that ever gave his life in a desperate last stand, all the way up to The Emperor himself who forces himself to kill his favored son and now exists in endless, indescribable agony so that humanity could have a future. All for some pussy of a species that both loathes humanity and is the most to blame for the state of the setting.
>>
>>52795261
>taking a setting created explicitly to justify stupid fun by making all the factions stupid this seriously
Humanity isn't an example of struggling and refusing to go down, it's a bureaucracy that's big enough to sustain the stupidity of the people now running it until it all eventually breaks down. Humanity is in a death-spiral, and anything and anyone that could be the salvation of even a small part of it gets shot and stomped on for "heresy." It's a story of what happens when a system is "too big to fail," then loses whatever got it to that point.
>>
>>52795490
>muh comedy setting
Go back to the first 2 editions. 40k has been serious, albeit comically over the top, for a long time.
>>
File: 1413486702025.jpg (72KB, 311x311px) Image search: [Google]
1413486702025.jpg
72KB, 311x311px
>>52795127
>Because the only creatures I've seen with that level of salt content are questfags.
>>
>>52794714
I will try to explain it in a way with less REEEEEEEEE like the other poster.
Everyone in 40K is an arrogant racist extremist jerk whose metods are brutal but the "good" ones are put in many messed up situations where "shoot first and don't ask" are the right choice that they choose err in the side of harshness.
In general, Vindicares are brainwashed snipers with null social skills beyond military speech and they don't speak to anyone except their handlers or whoever put the hit. Meanwhile Farseers are prophets who manipulates lives of thousands of lives from others species to damnation who will never know who put them in their situation, just to make sure the eldar live another day. And since interspecies alliances are rare enough (because everyone has their heads inside their own butts) the prospect of romance between different races is in-universe deserving to be set on fire by a Salamander/shoot by a commissar/forced into the Path of cleaning the W.C..
Then we got Love Can Bloom. A fan story born from a well made short comic about a Vindicare who defects the Imperium (like if the IG vs Blood Ravens conflict wasn't already weird enough) to protect an eldar Farseer he just watched through the scope, and the funny thing is he does not know why.
(cont.)
>>
>>52795884
>(cont.)
This is not a story where suddenly LIIVI and Taldeer became the 40K equivalent of the American Sweethearts. Taldeer only accepts his help because she is wounded, everyone else in her warhorst is dead or missing thanks to the IG/Bloody Magpies and thinking following a goon of the Inquisition (for now) is a lot better than lynched by angry guardsmen/ kidnapped by the Blood Ravens/ending in Gorgutz' pointy stikk and LIIVI is trying to understand WHY he put "Protect Taldeer" above "Serve the Emperor" and his only clues are how people reacted after he killed someone before Kronus, both aware that EVERYONE in the planet wants them dead (with only Lukas Alexander has a morally good reason to do so: killing a traitor and the witch who betrayed Sturnn) and they only have each other to make it alive.
Of course, the normal 40K would not stand it. Is a miracle that Ciaphas Cain can say he has a """"friend"""" Tau without getting purged. At most, the best thing you can say to an alien is "why you weren't born as my race?"
And so, the idea that a brainwashed assassin and a seer who despises "inferior races" (just read the map description of Tyrea in Dark Crusade) would (eventually) find each other as their better half is the kind of stuff you would need Emperor Children tier drugs to make a bit of sense and most fans agree. For humans is heresy and for eldar (as the TTS series put it blunty) is beastiality.
>(cont.)
>>
File: 1490830857016.jpg (14KB, 687x292px) Image search: [Google]
1490830857016.jpg
14KB, 687x292px
>>
>>52795884
Not him, but even vindicares are still human, and as long as they're still human and possessed of free will it's not impossible for them to fall in love with a beautiful xenos witch. The same principle applies to said xenos witch. Sure, it's not probable, but given the sheer scale of the setting and the vast periods of time it covers, there are certainly enough chances for it to happen.
>>
>>52796324
>vindicares are still human
temple assassins kind of aren't, which is the first and most obvious error the fanfiction just glossed over
>>
>>52796324
>vindicares are still human
>literally ''i don't know the setting: the post''
>>
File: 1452186482177.jpg (5MB, 2432x6350px) Image search: [Google]
1452186482177.jpg
5MB, 2432x6350px
>>52796349
>>52796374
Man, even eversors, the frothing, chem mad berzerkers of the officio assassinorum, are capable of displaying moments of underlying humanity in their more lucid moments. What are distinctive about the temple assassins is that they're so deeply conditioned towards desired forms of behavior, but deep, deep beneath all of that there still is a shattered husk of a human spirit. That was something LCB did an actually okay job of portraying.
>>
>>52796278
>(cont.)
Now, maybe is because my introduction to 40K was Ciaphas, da Orks and the Redeemer instead of Fifteen Hours, Einsenhorn and Horus Heresy, but I'm not of those who says "everything is bad and sad except the battles". I can accept both the Grim and the Silly of 40K and I can accept a love story as long it fits my understanding of the 40K world and I think that was (and is) the issue here.
Most people don't like LCB because is anathema to their understanding of the grim future where there's only WAAAGH!, where there's enough reasons for anyone to kill anyone else. Even the most "likely" scenarios of Guardsman X Banshee requires the type of thinking that let's you vulnerable to hundreds of stupid deaths. They (probably) would accept Gav and the Sister Repentia (from Gav and Bob), Doc x the Hospitalier (from All Guardsmen Party) and/or Ciaphas and Vallerie because while unusal, they make a lot more of sense in universe that LIIVI and Taldeer does and that's okay. Heck, Bloomwriter himself wasn't fond of Lofn at first because it crossed the line between "REALLY unlikely" and "Frak no" as normal fluff is concerned, but Lofn is a cute lil' shit so I guess she gets a pass.
>>52796324
The issue is that they are more weapons than the Space Marines themselves, and LIIVI's arc is about finding his humanity while protecting Taldeer. Heck, Gabriel X Macha can make more sense under the right circuntances than LIIVI X Taldeer.

Case in point, this anon is someone who loves the original fic and was his introduction to the Dawn of War series.
>>
>>52796469
>Offers counterpoint to your argument
>HAHA FILTHY LCBFAG IDENTIFIED
I never even finished reading LCB, or ever played DoW.
>>
>>52794943
>They also kill a Grey Knight, a literal paladin of justice
>Implying Grey Knights resemble anything close to actual paladins of justice and aren't just a bunch of glorified daemon killers.
>implying killing a Grey Knight is somehow a bad thing
>>
>>52796531
I was speaking about myself... sorry if you took it the wrong way.
>>
>>52796565
>a daemon killer is a bad thing
>killing a Grey Knight is good
Go suck Abaddon's cock, Chaosfag.
>>
>>52789071
How long until GW sends this a C&D and sues them and also files DMCA claims?
>>
>>52796633
>implying I meant daemon killer were bad
Tuska Daemon-killa called: He says your Grey Knights are a bunch of cowardly grots who don't know the proppa way to fight daemons.

'cept dat Draigo guy. He's a laff and half.
>>
>>52796465
>there still is a shattered husk of a human spirit
And the "human spirit" in 40k is radically different from what we consider normal.

If the kill crazy brainwashed assassin had fallen for another human being, it wouldn't be so jarring and out of tone with the rest of the setting.
>>
>>52796465
jesus that looks like some dank 2000AD shit man.
>>
>>52796908
>Implying that a human who was purposefully deprived of any form of social interatction would make such an absolute differentiation between "human" and "human with pointy ears"
When you train someone to only see humans as targets or potential targets, there's bound to be issues of non-differentiation. In a way, it could only work with the brainwashed assassins because they're the only ones not doing it out of hate or feelings of superiority or any of the emotional vilification that everybody else is carrying around. They just judge everyone and everything as potential targets.
>>
File: kreig the saddness.png (590KB, 1319x3251px) Image search: [Google]
kreig the saddness.png
590KB, 1319x3251px
>>52796908
i think the best way to describe it is the last post in this cap.

These folks don't fall in love, they don't really interact with humans or other temples really
they are barely even human
>>
>>52797569
>implying assassins wouldn't make an immediate, absolute differentiation because of the obvious differences in human and non-human biology/psychology
>implying they, as highly loyal (and exorbitantly expensive) imperial agents expected to be working well within enemy territory wouldn't share the imperium's contempt for their enemies purely as a way of safeguarding all the valuable technology and information present in their bodies
This level of conditioning isn't something that can be broken by "twoo love at first sight"

>>52797539
Inferno! and later Warhammer Monthly were done up by a lot of the guys who actually worked on 2000AD as well. Not a huge surprise considering their locations, though.
>>
>>52797569
>>52798140
eldar are weird fuckers my dudes.
worm like fingers
tall and lankey
strange faces and eyes
massive conical heads
>>
>>52798184
An donz git meh started on dem Commorragh panzees an their zoggin' BDSM fetishz!
>>
>>52795261
>When LIVI betrayed Imperium, he shat on every guardsman that ever died in terror, despair and agony, every astartes that ever gave his life in a desperate last stand, all the way up to The Emperor himself who forces himself to kill his favored son and now exists in endless, indescribable agony so that humanity could have a future.

That's what you do when you love someone you fucking nerd.

Besides, Guardsmen are basically rodents but less hardy. I'm sure LIVI couldn't care less.
>>
>>52798286
>That's what you do when you love someone you fucking nerd.

you usually don't shit on all of you ancestors, and your very race.
now my family that isn't heard off but you really only do it once.

look my dude just take it as what it is, pulp but unrealistic pulp.

unless taldeer is the one creature in the world that has a fetish for emotionally dead mon'kieghs
>>
File: hot monkey dick.jpg (22KB, 179x700px) Image search: [Google]
hot monkey dick.jpg
22KB, 179x700px
>>52798376
actually to add something on this.
I was doing some thinking and i think honestly the most likely human-eldar relationships would happen between corsairs and either captives or fellow mercs because the cosiars do operate as sell swords.
probably some semi jaded pirate has tried the hot mon'keigh dick
>>
File: autarch.jpg (134KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
autarch.jpg
134KB, 800x640px
>most people shit on LCB for the assassin acting like he shouldn't
>shit on LCB for moe-ficating Eldar into an all female space-waifu race
>and because all art shows her not taller than the Mon'keigh
Perspectives.
>>
It angers me that people are still angry about LCB. It fucking happened, the writing was pretty good, its more than any you fuckers did, you want to complain, make your own story.

Or don't, not like I can make you do anything.
>>
>>52795261

Anon, I always took the events of LCB as an example of how the Imperium fails to understand human nature and the galaxy as a whole. There are a lot of things in the Imperium that are good, noble, worth protecting and dying for, yes, but it's also a theocratic, bureaucratic, slowly-disintegrating mess perpetuating itself through routine genocide century by bloody century.

The appeal of the 40k setting is that the sheer scale and desperation of the grim darkness of the far future brings out the best *and the worst* of the people living in it, in every possible variation. Courageous sacrifices and shameless self-preservation. Honor unto death, and pointless betrayal. Thousands upon thousands of valiant Guardsmen, giving their lives for their comrades and families, in battles they were only sent to because of minor bureaucratic errors. Billions of human beings finding the solace and strength to carry on another day through the adoration of a man who had just as fervently tried to eradicate religion. Chaos Space Marines so deep into the Long War that they barely remember the day they had to choose between the Imperium and the Legion, and became everything they despised because they could not abandon their brothers.

So, yes, LIIVI betrays the Imperium. The reason he betrays the Imperium is, frankly, trivial compared to what it took to turn other people away from the Emperor, and most of those people had much better reasons to be so weak. LIIVI was perfect. He was honed into a killing machine, brainwashed and disciplined since before he could remember to kill in the Emperor's name. He had no family, no friends, no pride, no ambitions, nothing outside of Duty, and that's why LCB happened. He had nothing.

(cont.)
>>
>>52798681
Or some tall, handsome eldar space captain got his dick wet by some mon'keigh pussy, voluntarily or not.
>>
>>52799064
We could just forget about it, but it refuses to not be unearthed by people parading its corpse around.
>>
>>52799154

You can take a child and beat every line of the Bible into their memory, but that doesn't mean they *understand* what they're saying. LIIVI probably knew from an early age that the Emperor was the Most Glorious and Holy Protector of Mankind, but that doesn't mean anything to a six year old who lives in a world of fear and pain, those are just the words They say after 'Emperor' and They'll hit you if you don't say it too. You can't teach abstract morality or the concept of belonging to something bigger than yourself to an emotionally stunted, chemically-saturated child who has never had a human relationship. The Temple thought LIIVI understood what he was fighting for, and LIIVI thought he did too, but really all they had produced was a highly-functional bundle of rote memory and tactical evaluation. No reason to betray the Emperor, sure, but no reason to keep going besides it simply being What He Did.

And that worked perfectly well right up until the helmet came off, and a little part of LIIVI that he'd never heard from before said 'I like her. I don't want her to die.'

Like I said, it's a trivial thing to betray the Emperor for. It's pathetically trivial. It's not even for love, it's for a silly, juvenile crush that any other human being would have swatted down without thinking about, but it completely blindsides him because of how completely broken the Temple made him. It's the first *genuinely good* thing he's ever had, and the ultra-cool, badass assassin, the unstoppable killing machine, drops everything he's ever worked for to pursue something he doesn't understand, because, underneath it all, he's still a human being who wants to love and be loved.

It represents the survival and triumph of a compassionate, human impulse in a grim, dark universe trying as hard as it can to snuff it out. LIIVI might have betrayed the Imperium of Man, but he was, in his own childish, uncertain way, fighting for Humanity.
>>
>>52799154
>I always took the events of LCB as an example of how the Imperium fails to understand human nature and the galaxy as a whole.

That is te key element here. We can compare LIIVI with a man-made diamond. They took coal and they put it to some absurdly high pressures to create the strongest mineral possible, and yet they forgot the fact that all it takes for a mineral is a hit on the right spot to cleave in half. For LIIVI, that was compassion for Taldeer.
>>
>tfw livii is now heartbrokenly guarding a wraithknight as he desperately tries to find a way to keep her alive
>>
>>52799064
>you're not allowed to complain about bad fanfiction until you write your own bad fanfiction
>>
>>52800339
>>tfw livii is now heartbroken, but still protecting his daughter, trying to bring her to a place far away from the madness of this galaxy so they can live in peace.
>>
>>52800358
>daughter
The lore-rape keeps going.
>>
File: 1255136711848.jpg (394KB, 1070x1258px) Image search: [Google]
1255136711848.jpg
394KB, 1070x1258px
>>52800405
>Lore-Rape
Guess this never happened.
>>
>>52800339
>>52800358
>tfw taldeer's wraithknight suddenly goes rogue, and despite the best attempts to stop it, marches into an unknown part of the planet
>eventually, space marine scouts, orks, eldar, dark eldar, tau, necrons, 'nids, and Chaos all start reporting a small Eldar child playing in the shadow of what appears to be a Wraithknight
>anyone who gets near enough is killed by exitus rounds
>no one can spare resources from the war to investigate further
>>
>>52800431
According to current fluff, yes, it did never happen. He jumps from Dark Angels to Ultramarines like they are just careers you can switch if you feel like it. So much of this is just from a different era.
Should have
>inb4 Spock
Let's not repeat this mistake
>inb4 crazy but vaguely described experiments in Commorragh are a proof
>>
>>52800253
Scuttlebutt claims LIVII was a defective Vindicare - I forget how and why, but it manifested in him having emotions other than "eliminate target".
>>
>>52800509
That's a bit of an excuse. Did it do something that contradict our orders? It must be defective. They don't even consider the possibility of him having a bit of free will.
>>
>>52800468
There's also the eldar/human hybrid space pirate captain who shows up in the novels.
>>
>>52800784
If I remember correctly it was speculated in the book that she may be one, but there was also never any proof. Also these novels often enough offer questionable additions to the canon.
>>
>>52800784
She was rumored to have Eldar blood in her. No real facts about her background. The most likely explanation for her look and agility is her being tainted by Chaos.
>>
>>52789071

How did i not notice that untill now.? That was really well made.

>>52789144
Don't we all.
>>
File: new_friend_by_ironshrinemaiden.jpg (151KB, 593x435px) Image search: [Google]
new_friend_by_ironshrinemaiden.jpg
151KB, 593x435px
>>52789071
Well might as well post them cutes for Awwws or to trigger some butthurts.
>>
File: 1459748193036.png (230KB, 949x904px) Image search: [Google]
1459748193036.png
230KB, 949x904px
>>52801332
>>
>>52798286
>That's what you do when you love someone you fucking nerd.
Stop projecting you pathetic animu fantasies into 40k.
>>
File: 1491767548474.jpg (179KB, 583x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491767548474.jpg
179KB, 583x500px
>>52801484
>>
>>52799154
>>52799515
You did a great job of explaining it anon, the problem is if an assassin can just malfunction like this, why didn't it happen sooner. Unless LIIVI was somehow special, in which case, again, cringe.
Also, while your explanation is from his point of view, my contempt comes from mine. I see what is going on in the entire setting like an omniscient observer, and his betrayal disgust me. Literally ''The Emperor half-died for this''. Also, the fact that the author was actually pushing the ''love triumphs against all, we're gonna get a happy ending'' until thankfully Gdubs killed her off. It reeks of animu fantasies and wish fulfillment. The sad part is i'm a HUGE sucker for things like that, and in ANY other setting i'd be enjoying it and rooting for them. But this is 40k, and i have accepted long ago that stories like that and similar (which, again, i enjoy immensely) would only end in tragedy, and have no place in the setting. Not to mention that i hate Eldar.
So this is a combination of my disgust at the in-story events AND the work itself and the tropes it uses.
>>
>>52801332
>There will never be a story about LIIVI and pregnant Taldeer living in a exodite world, where humans and eldar coexist "peacefully".
>>
>>52801666
>humans and xenos living together
Right, cause it NEVER backfired, right Tzeentch
>>
>>52801666
Well that could be a possibility. But what about at >>52801601 ???

Who is that young man and or regal and noble looking teen having the audacity in trying to court Lofn?
>>
>>52801601
Is Livvi almost always bound to look like either Markiplier or an Asian-European Bruce Campbell?

Me thinks Livvi is bound to be some Eurasian, judging by his appearance in fanarts.
>>
>>52801755
Bruce Campbell is a really good look for LIIVI to be honest.
>>
>>52801601
>The same drawfag drew a picture of "Love bloomed in her mouth"

What happened to him?
>>
>>52801690
It worked in that other exodite world until Vulkan had a fit and ruined it.
>>
File: 40k Constanza.png (223KB, 581x506px) Image search: [Google]
40k Constanza.png
223KB, 581x506px
>>52801944
>Vulkan
>doing anything wrong
>>
>>52801988
>Killing surrendering children
>Not a mistake
>>
To make most Love can bloom cannon I need two things - some slannesh cultists and enough drunk orks.
>>
>>52802098
Both are surprisingly easy to find, so why not.
>>
>>52802098
Both can be easily found in London
>>
>>52802123
Ok, now we get cultist to write some good fiction about lover and shit, then we shoot them for heresy.
Once that is done, we get books to the orks and get them to read them. If all goes well they will think all 'ummie assassins love eldar pussy.
Then let ork reality warping powers finish the job.
>>
>>52802174
>Needing a Cultist to do it

Hold on, I think I can find a porno slate for less of a hassle. Orks don't actually know what porn is, right?
>>
>>52802174
No, i'm pretty sure what happens then is some orks start thinking they're either humie assassins or eldar pussies, and try to play out the stories. Or any prisoners they have are forced to do it for them (no, the orks don't care about what gender you are).

Either way, it's bad.
>>
>>52802174
>Then let ork reality warping powers finish the job
Another /tg/ meme that is not canon.
>>
>>52802196
Wait, I've got it. We simply need to film a porno with humans DRESSED like a Farseer and a Vindicare, only filled with plenty of explosions, large weaponry, and character-altering dramatic twists that the Orks don't stop watching in the first two minutes.
>>
>>52802214
Wait, it's that the reason Commisar Yarrick can use his power claw?
>>
I'm kind sad the full LCB comic never happened.

It would've be so cool.
>>
>>52801740
He is the son of a diplomat that came with his mother by the orders of Lord Guilliman.
>>
>>52801618
I actually imagine assassins do malfunction every once in a while -- they're probably reprogrammed between missions to make that less likely to happen, and I suspect the ones that do malfunction are usually caught or destroyed remotely.

LIIVI might be "special" in that he's one of the few to actually get away.

I think the real problem a lot of people have with this is that its not the typical downer ending that we usually get from GrimDark, and is closer to Ciaphas Cain than the Heresy in 40k's sliding scale of darkness to camp. Some people are okay with the campiness, some people aren't.

I wouldn't really call it anime, however. This kind of thing is hardly unique to Japanese fiction.
>>
>>52789071
Reminder that elf-fucking is kosher now that Guilliman is into it.
>>
>>52802380
Time to update LCB canon. We need to expand the Love can Bloom EU.
>>
>>52802416
Love can Bloom 2: Heretic Boogaloo
>>
>>52802232
That sounds both idiotic and brilliant at the same time....I want to see this idea working
>>
>>52802380
Please tell me is because he want to kill them with human STDs.
>>
>>52802505
Did Yvraine got some STD back in her commoragh days?
>>
>>52800431
back then eldar were hinted at to be ab-humans more than they were supposed to be aliens.
also this is the edition that brought you Obi-wan Sherlock Clouseau
>>
>>52802416
On her way back from their adventures with Guilliman and the ultramarines, Yvraine realizes that she is pregnant...
What will the fate of this child be? Will Guilliman's half-eldar daughter lead her mother's people to ultimate triumph against She Who Thirsts, or will she return to the imperium of man to claim her rightful place as its heir?
>>
>>52802696
She will lead an army of eldar and space marines to te depths of the Warp itself, and rescue Isha from Nurgle and find Uncle Russ along the way.
>>
>>52802696
fuckig immaculate pregancy is the shit.
>>
>>52789071
Posted that when it came out, glad a thread about it managed to take off, the dude deserves to be known.
>>
>>52802072
> GW writer: "Hey guys, I need a name for an inquisitor!"
> GW staff 1: "Good lord, not now! We're in the middle of an important meeting!"
> GW writer: "Oh, come on! Just throw some ideas!"
> GW staff 1: "Fine. OBIWAN. Happy?"
> GW staff 2: "Aren't they super cops or something?"
> GW staff 3: "No, well kinda but operating outside the law and stuff..."
> GW staff 1: "Don't start you two... ok Sherlock then. Now back to work."
> GW staff 3: "Actually, looking to our accounts, it seems Clouseau would be closer to our standards..."
> GW writer: "PERFECT."
>>
>>52802973
Meant to quote >>52802596
>>
>>52802779
Just as I gonna say that Nurgle and Isha could have made LCB possible....
>>
>>52803141
What if Tzeench and Nurgle both saw LIIVI and Taldeer "doing the mon'keigh" and decided to curse them both, but the curses somehow nullified each other and allowed Lofn to be a viable hybrid? There was definitively chaos stuff on Kronus, and viable elar-human hybrids are a practical impossibility.
>>
>>52803415
I think Isha would be much more likely to help viable hibrid come life.

That or Emps just felt a little weird that day
>>
>>52803488
So Lofn's the Chosen One, prophetized to destroy Chaos and bring peace to the galaxy?
>>
>>52803546
Well if emperor did it possibly, if Isha - might be just out of love.
>>
>>52802322
>This kind of thing is hardly unique to Japanese fiction.
It is prevalent there, however, especially in this manner. It's just cringe wish fulfillment, sorry about the buzzwords but i don't know how else to put it.
>>
>>52803488
>>52803536
>fells
You can't escape proper spelling when you got nazi-dubs.
>>
File: wild eyes what am i looking at.png (204KB, 312x425px) Image search: [Google]
wild eyes what am i looking at.png
204KB, 312x425px
>>52805060
>nazi-dubs.
>>
File: Sin título-1.jpg (537KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sin título-1.jpg
537KB, 1920x1080px
>>52802232
>>
>>52805797
Wasn't he watching Orks and tau fuck?
>>
>>52794714
You know how retards watch comedy shows that steal material and concepts from older ones, then watch the originals and complain about how they're cliched?
Or when a genre defining work is perfectly fine on its own, but spawned a hundred horrible knock offs that drive the concept into the dirt, so people that never watch the original hate it on reflex?

That's what happened.
>>
>>52801755
>LIVVI looks like a younger Asian-Bruce Campbell

"Groovy."
>>
>>52801601
>>52801740
With Robot G-Man being more friendly to the eldar now. He has ordered diplomats to now further bolster human-eldar relations.

As such, the young son of a diplomat now courts with Lofn.
>>
File: Sin título-1s.jpg (576KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sin título-1s.jpg
576KB, 1920x1080px
>>52805903
>>
>>52802322
>I think the real problem a lot of people have with this is that its not the typical downer ending that we usually get from GrimDark, and is closer to Ciaphas Cain than the Heresy in 40k's sliding scale of darkness to camp. Some people are okay with the campiness, some people aren't.

Those people don't get that works like Cain aren't supposed to be happy endings, not really.
Cain's heroism and happiness are a brief flash of light in a colossal void, that only serve to remind any watcher just how dark it truly is. For every Cain, there are millions of Donals; the men that did everything right but still died pointless deaths.
>>
File: LCB_Smile.jpg (71KB, 515x462px) Image search: [Google]
LCB_Smile.jpg
71KB, 515x462px
>>52801755
Onesrawfag took a liking to LCB and drew many arts, many of them are on the 1d4chan page. I think his representation of LIVII is pretty solid and sexy, and I ain't even homo.
>>
>>52806207
Actually, that still doesn't really make Cain less of a happy ending, or hurt LCB at all. Even if there are a trillion dead husbands/wives, shattered families, and murdered children for every happy ending in the setting, those same dead don't stand out unless there are few bright spots to contrast against.

That, and having bright spots can make the characters more human, and then their deaths more poignant.

And I do feel like that's an aspect missing from a lot of newer 40k fiction -- one that Black Library writers have been fighting with for a while. Dark, brooding characters aren't really sympathetic without something to contrast against.

I'm not saying they should always be. A space marine is an inhuman monster made from human flesh, and most of humanity consists of broken shells driven to toil and war out of a combination of propaganda, desperation, and an unending desire for revenge. I'm just saying its hard to care about characters whose humanity is so distant and alien from our own, and thus they benefit from contrast that allows us to see a little humanity in an unimportant character lost in an uncaring galaxy.
>>
>>52796465
Man, 40k used to be awesome. How come we don't get shit like this anymore?
>>
>>52807721
''Writers'' too busy fellating chaos.
>>
>>52807455
>Even if there are a trillion dead husbands/wives, shattered families, and murdered children for every happy ending in the setting, those same dead don't stand out unless there are few bright spots to contrast against.
That was what i was trying to get at, though I think I communicated a bit badly.
As you say, all the darkness in the world means nothing if there isn't a measure against it, which is why characters like Angelos, Cain et al are among the most popular.
>>
>>52802322
>>52806207
>>52807455
It's not about it not being grimdark. It's about race betrayal being celebrated in the setting where it's the biggest deal in fiction. People don't get to be selfish in 40k. Every hero and martyr, literally from the lowliest guardsman to The Emperor himself, has given his everything to humanity. That whole ''He's just a speck in an uncaring galaxy, trying to carve out a piece of happiness for himself, what does it matter, he's less then insignificant'' argument is garbage. Imagine if everyone went and did that. The Imperium would collapse instantly. This asshole was fortunate to be in a far better position better then literally 99.9% of his species and he shrieked his duty and betrayed the countless trillions who sacrificed everything so that he could even exist, and for what? Muh love? You have plenty of reasons to hate LCB, but this is the main one. At it's core, it's literally the antithesis of 40k. It's good when it comes to exploring the buried humanity and all of that, but hell, just write me a story about a Chaos cultist or a Dark Eldar, it's literally the same thing: an enemy of humanity as a protagonist. The story clearly wants you to root for them, and that is not happening.
>>
>>52807841
Angelos and Cain have nothing in common.
>>
File: 1489764143993.jpg (12KB, 582x386px) Image search: [Google]
1489764143993.jpg
12KB, 582x386px
>>52808027
>>
>>52808058
Not really. Angelos is super grimdark.
>>
>>52807998
I'll be sure to give every single one of the literally Quadrillions of people in the 40k galaxy a copy of this, just to make sure they toe the line.
>>
>>52808066
Hardly.
He remained faithful, trusting and even friendly despite seeing and doing shit that would have broken a normal man and broke the humanity of a Space Marine.
Tarkus, Cyrus and Avitus, and Thaddeus realising he'll become like one of them, were there to hammer this point home.
>>
>>52808076
How many of those people are elite assassins that massive amounts of resources went into training and equipping and that have it better then almost everyone else? And how many of those turn traitor cause their dick told them to?
>>
>>52808121
At least one, apparently.
>>
>>52808126
Point made.
>>
File: 1393641161270.png (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1393641161270.png
56KB, 500x500px
>>52808135
Indeed
>>
>>52807998
And that's where we're going to have to disagree -- if only because there are plenty of people who *are* selfish in 40k.

The setting is crawling with humans who've given up on the Imperium -- admittedly, mostly chaos, but there are plenty of other examples (pirates, Gue'vasa, the opposing nations that existed during the Great Crusade -- hell, we can also count rogue Inquisitors and Governors in this) who broke from the Imperium for their own various selfish or selfless reasons, and are often more important to the fluff than one lost assassin and his awkward xeno buttbuddy.

Chaos and the various xeno factions deserve to have their heroes and villains celebrated just as much as the Imperium does -- at the very least because without them we wouldn't have conflict, much less a popular series of tabletop and video games.

The people who are celebrating LIIVI and Taldeer aren't celebrating them as true heroes of the Imperium -- they're celebrating them as a human element mostly missing from the IoM. And if LIIVI has to betray humanity to present that human element, he won't be the first or the last, or even the only one people like.
>>
>>52808248
>The setting is crawling with humans who've given up on the Imperium
And they're all deserving of contempt. When i said ''people don't get to be selfish'' i meant ''selfishness is evil''.
What's special about LIIVI is that
a)He starts off in a MUCH better position then most of those traitors
and
b)He does it for dumber reasons
It's like a spoiled child stabbing his father in the back for not giving him EVEN MORE money while everyone else is starving to death.
>he won't be the first or the last, or even the only one people like
Plenty of those ''people'' are the type to call The Emperor ''Space Hitler'' and the like, i.e. ones who would be far better off in some other setting.
I don't wont to come of as hateful or fanatic, but as i said, i'm a huge sucker for stuff like that, which is why it took me some time to come to terms that 40k exists on a COMPLETELY different frequency. Most people are just a resource, genocide is perfectly normal and even necessary, religious zeal keeps you alive and innocents die so that humanity may live. Then comes along this story that forces all of these tropes that have been shattered back into the mix, and it's wrong. The objective critique comes from many places, plot armor, an assassin betraying for such stupid reasons, etc. but subjectively, i can't stand seeing a shitty Pocahontas/Avatar story in my favorite setting and traitors disgust me. Plenty of people feel the same.
>>
>>52807721
Akshually, the ongoing comic, Will of Iron, and it's follow up, about DA, is pretty damn good.
>>
>>52808554
M8, we live in the single most prosperous and tolerant age the planet has ever had, and we still can't make up something more retarded than a nominally sane person would do by themselves, because we're that fucking good at doing retarded things for retarded reasons.
To contrast, the 40k universe only exists as it is because the paragons of humanity were, by and large, colossal manchildren and/or terminally retarded.

While I utterly despise Black Library with all my being for making it so, the fact remains that people doing stupid things for stupid reasons is part and parcel of the 40k setting.
>>
>>52809615
>the paragons of humanity were, by and large, colossal manchildren and/or terminally retarded
Sanguinius, Dorn, Khan, Vulkan were anything but. As was The Emperor, outside of adb's ''i dream about Abaddon ravaging me every night'' and his buddies interpretation. The traitors were the manchildren.
>>
>>52808554
>Plenty of people feel the same.
And it seems like plenty of people disagree.

A lot of the setting revolves around people acting like spoiled children and general bad decision making. The Emperor insists on hiding the nature of the Warp from his chosen successors, and is bitten in the ass for it. He chooses to let Angron's followers get wiped out in the name of expediency, and slam down hard on Lorgar, and in doing so drives them away from him. He chooses at the Council of Nikea to ban sorcery but does not tell Magnus why or even let Magnus know of the danger he could pose to Terra if he traveled there from the wrong direction.

I'm not going to disagree with you -- LCB doesn't fit well with a lot of the rest of the setting. But "betrayal for selfish reasons" isn't the reason for that. Its a little campier and sillier than modern 40k, that's all, and if it bothers you that much... well, there really isn't much you can do about it other than complain on the internet and move on.

But I would like to remind you that for every "necessary" genocide, there's a genocide that occurred because a bureaucrat hit the wrong button on his cogitator, and for every Sister of Battle who is saved by her zealotry, there's another who's life is wasted because she charged headfirst into Orks and lost. Stupid belongs in this setting.
>>
>>52810042
>well, there really isn't much you can do about it other than complain on the internet and move on
I agree wholeheartedly, though it's very helpful to discuss it with people, which is why i'm here. Also, anon asked why people hate it, i gave my opinion.
And yes, i agree with everything you said. I guess the reason it bothers me is a combination of factors, and the fact that it's a giant mix of a bunch of my pet peeves.
>>
>>52809669
>Unironically buying the 'Emperor is perfect and can do no wrong' line the Black Library keeps pushing

It's almost like you want the story to be 2d, uninspiring drivel. The Emperor being a flawed character makes 40k better, him being sphess jesus makes it objectively worse.
>>
>>52811794
Are you the ''muh sin'' autist? The Emperor was literally never perfect.
>>
>>52805797
>>52806111
And now you reminded me about that lewd pic where a pair of rippers are grossed out for watching Taldeer and LIIVI having sex.
>>52806006
>LIIVI: Groovy.
>Tarkus: That's not "groovy".
>Thaddeus: Long time I heard that word...
>Avitus: Psst...Thaddeus. What is "groovy"?
>>
>>52789071
God no. WHY? IT'S BEEN OVER A DECADE.
>>
>>52800356
Yup.
>>
>>52800405
>Waaah my head cannon is being fucked by other peoples head cannon.

Die.
>>
>>52800833
I'm pretty sure they were clear that she was half eldar, anon.
>>
>>52798140
Have you even read the story, or did your rage boner prohibit you from reading past the third chapter.
>>
>>52802322
Its in the fucking story, LIIVI isn't an actual Vindicare, he's a knock-off model some inquisitors tried to make a whole line of. That's why he fell for Taldeer, that, and there was also Warp-fuckery going on because of a Daemonett.
>>
>>52800356
And once you write bad fanfiction you no longer feel like complaining
>>
>>52815022
Wait really? So it wasn't Isha...
>>
>>52794943
>Grey Knight.
>Paladin of Justice.
The Space Wolves would like a talk with you.
>>
>>52817657
How many of those words involve wolf, out of interest?
>>
>>52817657
>chaos helping dogfuckers are anally annihilated by Grey Knights
Need i say more.
>>
>>52806111
So...from now on should we upload this once someone says LCB is impossible in canon?
>>
>>52814941
Proof it.
>>
>>52801618
Pretty much, what happened is LIIVI is from a "defective" line of Vindicare assassins. In this batch, corners were cut and the process was not obeyed properly. This meant that there was a large amount of flawed vindicare, which went cheap, but had a whole bunch of random, unpredictable defects. LIIVI's defects were limited just to free will (he was more successful and could be passed off as a proper Vindicare), but many others from the illegal batch had more notable impairments, some of which impaired their combat performance.
If memory serves, he actually fights one.
>>
>>52812772
It's part of /tg/ mythos, now we just need to wait for him to make Love & Krieg
>>
>>52818367
Except Love & Krieg is actually good.
>>
>>52818647
Love and Krieg is 'much autistic waifu' wish fulfillment garbage. Much like 'muh space elf waifu' of LCB, it's garbage.
>>
>>52819435
Except it doesn't have canon, significant characters, Avatar style race betrayal, and absurd amounts of plot armor. So no, it's far better.
>>
>>52818033
Definitively.
>>
>>52819435
Why you people shit on the romantic fanfics? I, for one, want to see Black Library make a romantic novel on the 40k setting just to see your reaction. It will be priceless.
>>
File: IMG_0053.jpg (89KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0053.jpg
89KB, 640x360px
>>52819770
>just to see your reaction
I think we both know the answer to that
>>
File: Cy7USGhXcAAARhG.jpg (151KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
Cy7USGhXcAAARhG.jpg
151KB, 1200x849px
>>52819770
>Porn When?!
>>
File: that should be illegialized.jpg (166KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
that should be illegialized.jpg
166KB, 623x414px
>>52819770
>>
It was never finished, why bother giving a shit?
>>
God damn youtubers mining old /tg/ memes make me sick.
>>
>>52820630
The memes belong to those that use them!
>>
>>52789071
Go back to 1d4chan
>>
>>52820822
Something something seize the memes of production.
>>
>>52820853
As soon as that emperors text to speech atrocity against comedy proved retards could make money off of 1d4chan garbage, this was inevitable.
>>
>>52817957
>Grey Knights lose relic ships
>to a faction of Space Marines that literally rides wolves into battle as well as vehicles that have the aerodynamics of a brick
>>
>>52820939
>writers fellating the dogfuckers is news
>Fenris is destroyed and Grey Knights purged the last of its population
>>
>>52820910
1d4chan is like if /tg/ was stuck in the mentality of /b/ in 2012.
>>
>>52820972
A lot of the content actually dates back to then or older. God damn harem knights was peak tardery, and I think that was written in 2012.
>>
>>52797825
...holy shit saved. Damn. I've never seen someone capture the sheer broken-ness of Krieg so well before.
>>
>>52798286

>That's what you do when you love someone

eternal virgin: the post
>>
>>52819988
The correct question is when not?
>>
>>52820966
>Gray Knights
>Kill friendly forces and paint their armor in their flesh and blood
>Not filthy heretics
>>
why is everyone so angry? a lot of work was put in for something a lot of people liked
>>
>>52825145
Where do you think you are?
>>
File: 1478524445175.jpg (208KB, 586x550px) Image search: [Google]
1478524445175.jpg
208KB, 586x550px
>>52806398
Like >>52801755 said judging by those drawing and LIVVI's appearances.

He'd likely be a Eurasian, even looking as faar as Markiplier.

>>52801831
You mean lewdanon? He's still alive and around the drawthreads. He appears occasionally.
>>
>>52825145
>Muh fluff.
>Muh grimdark.
>Muh mon'keigh.
>Muh not tall Taldeer.
>Muh Traitor.
>Muh biology.
>>
>>52826963
well we always knew /tg/ are a bunch of no fun contrarians.
>>
>>52826963
>>52828063
>implying the more we complain about something the more we hate it
>>
>>52829298
>implying I can express or interpret emotions outside of green text and several layers of irony
ishygddt.bat
>>
>>52789071
Always meant to ask. Who/What's the kitty-face alien?
>>
>>52831694
The unyuufex, a domesticated tyranid.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Unyuufex
>>
>>52831709
Ah, I see. And......one of them's in LCB?
>>
File: 1469820769753.jpg (1MB, 1800x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1469820769753.jpg
1MB, 1800x2500px
>>52789071
I support this act of inter-species race mixing.
>>
Please don't bump the thread if you don't have anything to contribute.
>>
>>52833149
I just want you to know that the next page 10 bump will be done by me and purely out of spite
>>52831743
No, it was just part of the post LCB cute spree
>>
>>52833204
Please don't.
>>
>>52833213
It's too late.
Your only option is to make sure it doesn't go to page 10 until autosage hits
>>
Doing things out If spite is the best!
>>
>>52833241
Please just don't.
>>
File: 1473003894392.jpg (214KB, 566x550px) Image search: [Google]
1473003894392.jpg
214KB, 566x550px
Shut up guys and lets just "CONTRIBUTE" by posting cute human-space elf relations pics
>>
>>52833284
But that's cancer.
>>
File: tyranid_by_lutherniel-dazt06i.gif (124KB, 702x496px) Image search: [Google]
tyranid_by_lutherniel-dazt06i.gif
124KB, 702x496px
Ok...I guess I shall do it.

After reading some godawful Doom/40K fics, I have the desire to make a Quake/40K one that does not end with someone killing the Chaos Gods without at least a heavy dosage of BFG. Why am I writing this in the LCB thread instead of the Doom vs 40K one?
Because my idea put Lofn as a co-protagonist. (Also the current thread is another slugfest between chaos wank and doomguy wank)
The plot would be "Lofn seeks her family and gets help from Ranger/Quakeguy". I know it sounds retarded, but the image of someone having a pet Shambler is too cute/funny to pass.
And there are things I still don't know well about 40K fluff. I decided that by 40K rules, Ranger would be a psyker by Quake Champions, but I don't know if they can, for example, sap someone's strong feelings to buff themselves. (If not, I gotta find another way to get him a Quad Damage)
By the other side, part of the backstory of some antagonists and allies are they are still butthurt at what happened on Kronus. For example: one of the first bad guys would be a Vanus assassin sent by a Lord Inquisitor to hunt down any trace of LIIVI betrayal. That would be overkill?.
And last question for now. It is possible that instead of beastiality, some eldar think that Taldeer atraction for a mon'keigh would be a messed up coping mechanism for her defeat at Kronus? It may influence the reason Ranger and Lofn would get some help from some craftworlders.
>>
>>52833576
It would Definitely be seems as beastiality, and about Lofn as a co-protagonist How could It work when hers power is to emanate a peace aura that takes out the aggression of everything near her.
>>
>>52833986
>It would Definitely be seems as beastiality,
Even Ronahn?
>and about Lofn as a co-protagonist How could It work when hers power is to emanate a peace aura that takes out the aggression of everything near her.
Since Ranger could resist the mindfuck of a Elder God, I assume he could resist the peace aura. In fact, I assume many who can resist daemonic influencie could resist Lofn's influencie without much issues. A part of the conflict would be Ranger finding out why he is acting less brutal in combat (the type of "Instead of let'em full of nails it will be a shotgun to the face) and thinking Lofn is mindfucking him on purpose, while in reality is completely unconcius in her part.
>>
>>52833300
you are cancer
>>
Will lofns soul belong to the Big E or Slaanie?
>>
Has anyone made stat rules for Lofn and the Unyuufex? Has anyone made a bootled figurine of Lofn and the Unyuufex for the tabletop?
>>
>>52835089
Well, she's usually drawn with soulstones attached, like all eldar, so I suppose Slnaanesh, but maybe it's just a precaution.
>>
File: 43380_franchise_icon0012.jpg (17KB, 362x271px) Image search: [Google]
43380_franchise_icon0012.jpg
17KB, 362x271px
>>52834249
>Since Ranger could resist the mindfuck of a Elder God, I assume he could resist the peace aura.

What if it doesn't work that way? The 40k universe is full of raje, anger, hate, despair and similar stuff, so everyone is more or less used to that kinda stuff. But what about love or peace? Maybe those emotions are so fucking rare on the galaxy that can break through any resistance by just lack of experience against them. Litteraly weaponizing the power of love.
>>
>>52819505
>rippers
>dow characters
>canon
Relic just made them up.
>>
>>52823182
>Ward
>canon
>>
>>52825145
You can literally use this argument for twilight and fifty shades of gray and almost any similar turd.
>>
>>52835313
>But what about love or peace?
That they are rare does not mean the Imperium lacks a term for them, but "thanks" to Nurgle and Tzeentch people will ignore the voices in their head promising them because 95% will be some bastard manipulating events to leave chaos at their wake.
And there's the thing that as far many fics are concerned, Lofn is clueless about her abilities; while is mostly played for comedy and dawwws, many inquisitors would be creepped out for the potential of someone calming Tyranids (Implying she can fight with the Hive Mind itself) and Orks (which means she overrided the coding the Old Ones put on the greenskins) and would seek to destroy it or used in the Imperium's favor.
>>
>>52835744

So what's your point?
>>
>>52835851
That it's shit? And pushing bad, wish fulfillment fanfiction into a beloved setting?
>>
>>52835851
Is a fallacy, because under his logic everything someone says is good becomes shit by default.
>>52835952
I fail to see where LIIVI becames a SI of Bloomwriter.
>>
>>52835952
the setting is similarly crap with all consistency thrown out of the window every time there's an update.
>>
>>52835952
>You can literally use this argument for twilight and fifty shades of gray and almost any similar turd.

So by your logic, LCB is shit because this shares its genre (romance/love) with these other two works that I think are shit. That's a poor logic. By the same argument, Romeo and Juliet is also shit because it's about rmance.
>>
>>52836037
His argument is a fallacy, because it implies that if something has a lot of work put in it and a lot of people like it, it's automatically good. I merely disproved it.
>I fail to see where LIIVI becames a SI of Bloomwriter
>super speshul assassin that can shrug of his brainwashing because reasons, get an Eldar Farseer to fall in love with him and survive a blow from a fucking Grey Knight
But i'll admit to using ''wish fulfillment'' as a catch-all term for forcing cheesy (but not necessarily bad) tropes in a setting they have no place in. All that's left is for their daughter to be able to make friends with daemons and we're all set.
>>
>>52836089
>>52836095
>>
>>52836040
This setting works on such a big space that, even if something is just as improbable as 1 chance in a 10^22 of happening, it can still happen. A galaxy is a BIG place.
>>
File: Farseer_Macha-1.jpg (79KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Farseer_Macha-1.jpg
79KB, 600x600px
>Mon'keigh fucker gets more attention
>Rather than the purest of Eldar maidens

I'm glad they put her in a Wraithknight, more spotlight for me.
>>
>>52836159
>human with ugly ears
>>
File: 40k kek.png (451KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
40k kek.png
451KB, 600x528px
>>52836159
>returns in what is set up to be the shittiest 40k game of all time
>>
>>52836179
By the way, I've not followed DoW3 that much. How is it? Is it more like DoW or DoW 2? Is it a propper RTS this time or just a "controlljust your own squad"?
>>
>>52836179
>shittiest
wew laddo.
It's much better than nearly every other game made in the 40k universe.
>muh moba
>muh not grimdark
>>
>>52836203
it's an RTS but your base has a turret that prevents <5 minutes all ins.
>>
>>52836203
It's a ''bunch of cucks that read a wikipedia page about the setting make a bad starcraft clone and proceed to ruin everything from the atmosphere to the gameplay to the models to the voice acting''.
>>
>>52836177
t. beckjann.
>>
>>52836211
>>muh not grimdark
>when talking about a fucking 40k game
Take your backflipping terminators and fuck off.
>>
>>52836218
As long as it's not like DoW2, I'm good. I can't deal with that game, I bought it expecting a DoW sequel and I found a completel different genre. Even the multiplayer is different.
>>
>>52836223
Didn't know starcraft had squad based combat and resource generation based on capturing points.
>>
>>52836224
I wish I was Beckjann. I would be drawing a lot more.
>>
>>52836250
>they added a fraction of the original elements
>so it's completely different!
>>
>>52836239
>why isn't the game full of KHORNE BLOODBLEEDERS, bad pathing and texture work that makes the game slow down to a crawl.
moron. Visual clarity is far more important than a bunch of autists feeling angry that everything isn't painted black.
>>
>>52836273
what did they not add apart from terrible pathfinding and sync kills that make your units uncontrollable?

>muh craters
>>
>>52836275
t.retard who wants to play a casual friendly piece of shit as opposed to 40k in game form
>>
>>52836095
>super speshul assassin
Which is default by members of the Officio Assassinorum.
>that can shrug of his brainwashing because reasons,
Is implied in the first chapter whoever was in charge of him was a incompetent/traitor.
>get an Eldar Farseer to fall in love with him
For most of the story Taldeer does not trust him because she thinks he was send by the Inquisition to capture her (which sounds more likely than "I kinda like you")
>and survive a blow from a fucking Grey Knight
Barely, with his guts all over da floor.

Also if LIIVI was someone self-insert, he would know how heal people, not asking a random guardsman what "teatime" means and the most obvious one, know that he betrayed the Imperium because he found Taldeer cute and wanted to be with her until death pulls them apart.
>>
>>52836304
>40k in game form
I don't want to play a shitty turn based game with terrible balance.

I want an RTS in the 40k setting and DoW3 is just that.
>>
File: 746.jpg (82KB, 588x775px) Image search: [Google]
746.jpg
82KB, 588x775px
>>52836304
YES, HOW DARE 40K NOT BE GRITTY
>>
>>52836358
he thinks that relic which had GW execs in their building knows less than a bunch of autists who make fan videos.
>>
>>52836325
Why have they never made an actual 40K game? As in, the tabletop game, make a direct videogame version. Is that a thing that I've missed? The closest I can remember is Final Liberation, and that's an old as fuck game.
>>
>>52836358
You know that 40ks tone has changed over the time, right? Posting ancient parodies doesn't really help your point.
>>
>>52836409
they would be directly competing with GW's Products.

>>52836415
And the newer tone is fucking shit. DoW1 had manlet marines.
DoW2 had you running around with fulgrim's hammer.
>>
>>52836415
Yes, it changed for the worse.
>>
>>52836415
If it changed from non-grimndark to grimdark, shouldn't the opposite be possible too?
>>
>>52836358
You know that's a dragon magazine joke article, right?
>>
File: bloody magpies.png (224KB, 341x624px) Image search: [Google]
bloody magpies.png
224KB, 341x624px
>>52836433
>DoW2 had you running around with fulgrim's hammer.
But that was the best part
>>
>>52836317
>Is implied in the first chapter whoever was in charge of him was a incompetent/traitor
As i was saying, special snowflake.
>He's JUST as competent as a regular Vindicare BUT he also has his feelings
>Barely, with his guts all over da floor.
That's something i like to call ''consolation prize'', and it's bullshit. It's when a character survives or does something they absolutely should not have, so the writer starts describing how hard it was, and how barely they made it. LIIVI should not ''barely'' survive, or be crippled, or anything. He should simply be cut in two.

>Also if LIIVI was someone self-insert, he would know how heal people, not asking a random guardsman what "teatime" means
I'd like to point out that i never actually said he was his self insert, merely that it was a shit story. When you asked me, however, i quickly found examples. Also
>every self insert has to be an absolutely perfect mary sue
Anon pls.
>>
>>52836409
There is Sactum Reach, but is Space Wolves vs Orks only.
>>52836415
And we have Ciaphas Cain, Da Orks and the Regimental Standart. The sillines of 40K is making a comeback.
>>
>>52836449
I am just saying relic takes a big fat dump on gw's lore all the time. It's just that the userbase of this site is now getting it's information from Arch warhammer videos.
>>
LIIVI surviving the Grey Knight attack is not that unbelibeable. You'd think the Officio Assassinorum trains their killers to beat big traitor space marines, powered up by Chaos and daemons, so fighting a grey knight shouldn't be that much different.
>>
>>52836742
>an assassin specialized in taking out his targets from massive distances can survive a blow from a daemon killing machine that wrecks fully armored space marines
It's pretty unbelievable.
>>
>>52836807
>>an assassin specialized in taking out his targets from massive distances

You'd think they prepare their assassins in case the worst happens.
>>
>>52836465
>And we have Ciaphas Cain, Da Orks and the Regimental Standart. The sillines of 40K is making a comeback.

Those are just side elements that was always there even when the setting was at its most serious.

Now tell me where in the main narrative "Gathering Storm" was there any humour? If you cannot answer, then you should leave forever.
>>
>>52836846
dawn of war isn't the main narrative either dumbass.
>>
>>52836452
>As i was saying, special snowflake.
>>He's JUST as competent as a regular Vindicare BUT he also has his feelings
Feelings that would be keep ignored if that helmet never came out.
>LIIVI should not ''barely'' survive, or be crippled, or anything. He should simply be cut in two.
>Implying the average 40K protagonist have not survived impossible odds and lived to tell it.
>Implying real life people did not survive impossible things.
>I'd like to point out that i never actually said he was his self insert, merely that it was a shit story.
When you put "wish fufilliment", most would assume you implied that.
>>52836839
Heck, even the Vanus (those who kill by manipulating info) are prepared to deal when the worst happen.
>>52836846
>Now tell me where in the main narrative "Gathering Storm" was there any humour? If you cannot answer, then you should leave forever.
Fulgrim and Mortarion crying like bitches once they found out Guilliman was back.
Instead of telling Angron, the khornate warriors made a mosh pit to decide who would have a go at Papa Smurf.
The dick move the Ynnari did on Ahrimam.
One Slaneeshi daemon was tripped by a Harlequin.
When Kairos was this close to get rid of Guilliman, Skarbrand (who won the mosh pit) ruins it by wanting to kill Guilliman himself and Papa Smurf uses the chance to leg it.
>>
File: Hey Mon'Keigh, wanna ss.png (800KB, 1394x2277px) Image search: [Google]
Hey Mon'Keigh, wanna ss.png
800KB, 1394x2277px
>>52789071
Here is some heresy.

It's only spoilered so you don't get spoiled.
>>
File: 1377057958099.png (248KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1377057958099.png
248KB, 600x800px
>>52837171
That was a magical thread
>>
>>52835270
>This
I also would love to see this.
>>
File: dat.jpg (461KB, 1183x3143px) Image search: [Google]
dat.jpg
461KB, 1183x3143px
>>52837171
and just when it was getting interesting...
Reminds me of another story with similar permise
>>
>>52836839
m8, you are not convincing me a lightly dressed sniper can take a hit that would cleave an Astartes.
Also
>You'd think they prepare their assassins in case the worst happens
So, what, in case a Daemon Primarch suddenly manifests, they'd be ready for that too?
>>
File: Sister of Battle takes spoils.png (532KB, 1402x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Sister of Battle takes spoils.png
532KB, 1402x2304px
>>52837734
Want another bait-and-switch erotica?

I wish there were more of those like what you and I posted. It's uplifting for me.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>
>>52837171
>>52837227
>>52837946
>Last year I wrote Chris Orksen "fixing" the ending of "Whip, Oils & Lofn"
>Someone at 1d4chan liked it enough to make it have a page of its own.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Whips,_Oil_%26_Orks
>>
>>52837171
>>52837227
Has there ever been any actual or official depictions of Chris Orksen? O will he just be a skittle more civilized Ork donned In business suit?
>>
>>52794943
Convieniently ommited "heretical Inquisitor fucking up his brainwashing", dumbfuck.
>>
>>52840661
Informality is best. There's a Chris Orksen in all of us.
>>
>>52841950
Read the thread, dumbshit.
>>
>>52840661
Chris Orksen is a combination of the Green Knight and Kaldor Draigo.
He turns up whenever children, no matter what race, need protection from nonces, of whatever kind.
And he always has a seat, ready to be taken.
>>
File: Unyuu4.jpg (187KB, 965x692px) Image search: [Google]
Unyuu4.jpg
187KB, 965x692px
>>52835270
>>52837235
There's not Lofn, but I found a Unyuufex.
>>
Is this thread

>ITT /tg/ turning on its own heritage
>>
>>52844323

You mean the cringe years?
>>
Bump for da Bump God.
>>
>>52844323
>people only hate LCB now, they never hated it when it was new
>>
>>52801601
>ywn be some young diplomat or assitant of a diplomat/trader visiting eldar territory and getting a chance to meet Lofn, while her parents vindictively look upon you as to what the hells are you doing with their little angel-daughterfu
>>
File: The_217181_5987789.jpg (85KB, 601x500px) Image search: [Google]
The_217181_5987789.jpg
85KB, 601x500px
>Tfw Love will never Bloom for you
>>
File: battered guardsman wojack.jpg (701KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
battered guardsman wojack.jpg
701KB, 2000x2000px
>>52844323
a couple more years and people here will be praising nazimod.

>>52847589
bruh...
>>
>>52844323
Neo-/tg/ is one of the most boring boards I frequent because it has the pretense that it has class or something. Which it don't.
>>
>>52844323
Other boards are leaking here.
>>
>>52850062
Nah, it's just that /tg/ became a sad sexless board.
>>
>>52844166
D'awwwww
>>
>>52836494
>Arch warhammer

Is there any more irrelevant a source of opinion than him on anything 40k related?
>>
>>52850551
Yeah, the guy is a sperg. He made a 30 minute video unironically talking about the God Emperor Trump meme shoops and uses 1d4chan as a source for his lore videos.
>>
>>52850611
Can someone recommend a better lorefag? Or I better stick with Lexicanum?
>>
>>52851658
Vaults of Terra is pretty good and less opinion based.
>>
>>52789342
>lore-rape
Half-eldar used to be canon. Just because you're too young to remember it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
>>
>>52795082
>Tarkus is literally everything an Astartes should aspire to be.
Including the part where he falls to nurgle?
>>
>>52851789
>used
Are you noticing something?
>>
>>52851877
This is /tg/. Old lore is still accepted here, just like old editions of games are.

Or do you think no one plays 2e on this board.
>>
Nu-/tg/ a shit
>>
>>52850611
To be fair, a presidential candidate declared a war on memes and talked about a cartoon frog, that kind of stuff has somehow become politically relevant
>>
>>52852114
If he needed to address it a five minute video would be more then enough.
>>
>>52852076
Spocks entire story is completely incompatible with wh40k lore for several editions. He comes from a different era. You are relly grasping at straws to defend your waifufaggotry.
>inb4 Commorragh experiments
>inb4 that one pirate captain
>>
>>52852100
Things change. Usually not for the better...
>>
>>52789071
Soundtrack of the video is out.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OzgzOqm1A40
>>
Jesus H Emperor.

Did all of you forget the kind of goofy fan-canon that existed in the Dawn of War days? It was silly and fun and amazing and gave us Angry Marines, and Fuklaw and Love Can Bloom and you're all a bunch of fucks and I feel old and sad now.
>>
>>52853376
I think you're confused, anon.
Everyone actually hated them, and the only reason they're remembered is because of that.
All those screencaps, the art, related draw/writefaggoty? All ironic.
Literally NOBODY liked them, and if you disagree, you just copied it off 1d4chan or something
>>
>>52853376
>Angry Marines
>Fuklaw
These don't shit on the faction they are part of.
>>
File: 1454121718209.gif (18KB, 120x160px) Image search: [Google]
1454121718209.gif
18KB, 120x160px
>>52789342
>lore-rape
>implying it was ever supposed to be considered canon and wasn't just a fun story because at one point people knew how the fuck to have fun without having to take it so seriously
>>
File: Yer a Grot.png (652KB, 680x737px) Image search: [Google]
Yer a Grot.png
652KB, 680x737px
>52853409
>Lyin' dis 'ard.
1/10 made me reply.
>>
File: 1427344836216.png (347KB, 383x524px) Image search: [Google]
1427344836216.png
347KB, 383x524px
>>52854192
It's sarcasm, you daft sod
>>
>>52853995
>>implying it was ever supposed to be considered canon
And yet we have the discussion about Spock every time. It just stops being fun after a while when waifufaggots degrade a faction you like while you try to have a normal discussion about this faction.
>>
>>52854231
Then 8/10, made me look like a git.
>>
>>52789342
40k lore is shit, you can't rape it and if something fun comes out from people messing around thats a plus.

This isn't even as bad as all the MLP fanart where they replace space marines with ponies for some reason?
>>
>>52801484
Its a shame Fallout4 was so bad

What is this fetish modern companies have for giving the player character a voice at the expense of choice?
>>
>>52854332
>40k lore is shit
I don't think this is for you to decide.
>>
>>52854386
Easier to give fancy bits and bobs instead of actually writing out choices.
>>
>>52802380
Are you being at all serious or this purely a giggle? Mean, I wouldn't put it past them...
>>
>>52851822
>falls
>STILL loyal to The Emperor
Absolutely.
>>
>>52854404
Guilliman and Yvraine sounded a bit too close during Gartering Storm 3.
>>
File: 40k gf.png (665KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
40k gf.png
665KB, 680x680px
>>52802380
>>52854404
>>52854854
Daddy isn't going to be happy.
>>
>>52854874
You forget that the emperor is shitposting alongside us right now, and we'll have rubbed off on him.
He hated xenos by necessity and due to the shit they pulled, but deep down he wants us all to have a qt elf waifu
>>
>>52855199
Wasn't he pretty much hostile towards them from the beginning? He never wanted to talk with Eldrad for whatever reason.
>>
>>52855241
IIRC, by that point humanity had been backstabbed by every alien in the galaxy, so his trust was a bit limited
>>
File: IMG_20170410_232043_046.jpg (798KB, 1685x1494px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170410_232043_046.jpg
798KB, 1685x1494px
>Tfw Hesperax's Pet gave you a fetish for loving pet play

Fack.
>>
My mind is filled with billions upon billions of fuck.
>>
>>52854854
Love can Bloom 2. Ultramarine edition. Make it happen, /tg/. Make anon proud.
>>
File: 1392825632144.jpg (102KB, 432x585px) Image search: [Google]
1392825632144.jpg
102KB, 432x585px
>>52856391
>upon
>>
If a bunch of Finnfucks didn't see the word "LIIVI" LCB would never have gotten anywhere. Fucking Finns.
>>
>>52857311
Blessed be their frozen asses!
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.