[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Identify your Players' Styles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1428995619445.jpg (377KB, 1106x822px) Image search: [Google]
1428995619445.jpg
377KB, 1106x822px
Does your party mesh well, /tg/? Let's sort out the patterns they play in and discuss how similar our stupid friends are and how to cater games to them
>Big
>Always plays heavy and slow characters, rarely meddles with magic or other complicated mechanics, tends to roleplay reservedly and is VERY predictable. Masters those mechanics they are dedicated to
>Cos
>Always plays characters with damage and combat utility, but not skills. Roleplays often and well, but does so sideways; never pushes "the main story" but is constantly doing SOMETHING tangential and unrelated but fitting in the vicinity when there's extra time. Uses character as an outlet for stress, sometimes does edgy stuff like collect grim trophies or go overkill
>Flowers
>Decent roleplayer, attempts a range of characters but most fall back to a narrow area of feebleness/timidness, also cannot retain any mechanics from the book and has to be lead by the nose through combat. Wants to lead in roleplay and skills, but is limited by more ambitious other players and lack of player cleverness. RPs "diagonally", sometimes moving the group forward by happenstance but also going off on tangents
>Sunshine
>EXTREMELY reserved, fair roleplayer but NEVER sparks things on their own, will RP well if prompted by someone else. Great in a buddy character setup. Comprehends mechanics when explained, but forgets by the next session and always forgets to study. Very much a follower
>Pink
>Very boisterous IRL, always plays loud characters. Cracks jokes often. Novice RP but remembers mechanics and tries interesting things with them. Looks out for other players, especially Sunshine, and tries to engage them. Also leads the party forward if they start to flounder
>>
>>52786153
>Glam
>The Bard. Always a bard/rogue/swashbuckler, Han Solo, etc. Pulls it off naturally so everyone loves it though. Great RPer, if narrow in interest, and remembers mechanics even if they don't spend extra time in books optimizing. Always leads the party forwards as their characters have solid goals and motivations.
>Speedy
>Studies mechanics enthusiastically, remembers his but doesn't always come to understand the underlying balance or good options. Loves combat. Always pushes for combat. Drags the party forward, as long as forward appears to be a combat encounter. RP is nominal, his characters act often in order to move the game "forward" but have little character to them
>Hoodie
>GM experience, looks out for other players. Plays support/fills in after others choose. Has nearly the entire game or at least the glossary memorized by now, is probably reading this thread. RPs with a variety of characters, but normally passive types that step up after the rest of the party has done their thing. Doesn't lead the party forward, but pushes from behind if they start to stall; picks up GM cues constantly
>>
>Nice Guy
>even when playing tough, martial characters, he's playing as a humble and kind character. never pushes others into doing stuff. Not too keen on casters, prefers the comfyness of defensive fighters.
>meme master
>always repeating the same shit. every plot point is a challenge, every NPC a walking power-up dispenser, every hot NPC a trophy. min-maxes, isn't too good at it, but every time he pulls it off, he acts like he's christ allmighty come down from the heavens.
>Spanish Inquisition
>can be a heavy min-maxer, can wreck the shit out of most enemies, sometimes does random frivolous shit that turns out to be a nice roleplaying addition to the story later on. knows his shit.
>Blunt
>plays smart characters with no sense of cunning, non-fighting characters with no self-preservation instincts, but is heavily invested in the plot and the other players' well being, though has poor memory for any of the secondary points of the plot. also likes showing off in the few things he knows ad nauseam.
>>
File: 1401096644016.jpg (105KB, 831x445px)
1401096644016.jpg
105KB, 831x445px
>>52786153
>>
>>52789161
These player archetypes show up in every RPG. Hell, they can even be found outside of RPGs. Betrayal at House on the Hill, for example.
>>
>Glasses

Good player, decent roleplayer, but tends to do obvious things and go for the obvious solutions, which makes him rather unexciting to play with. Likes playing standard, slightly flat characters that fully live up to the stereotypes. His campaigns never go the way he planned, and he lacks the guts to pursue his plot, which is why they end up very underwhelming. Consistently creates strong concepts for campaigns, but the execution is always lacking because of his hands-off style.

>Big guy

A bit of a that guy; scratch that, he's a huge that guy unless the campaign is comical. Then he's hilarious and a huge asset to the party. He's unable to take roleplaying seriously and always goes for the most ridiculous actions. Depending on the GM, it either gets him killed off very quickly or derails the campaign. He will always create memorable comical campaigns with absolutely ludicrous premises. Much better GM than he is a player.

>Manlet

Perhaps the closest thing we have to a minmaxer. He's a dedicated player who enjoys being effective and good at game mechanics, which really can't be said for anyone else. Takes everything seriously, changes his voice when he's roleplaying and actively tries to achieve the goals set by the GM. Doesn't really like GM'ing himself. When it's his turn, he always goes for a gritty real world setting and personal drama. He's not very good at it.

>Moneybag

Has precisely zilch interest in game mechanics, creates rather bland characters who revolve around one ability or quirk. Follows the rest of the party around and doesn't do much. Much more interested in GM'ing than he is in playing. His campaigns are always positively bonkers, very creative. Master of brutal railroading, will certainly drop the rocks if he's defied one time too many. Responds with arrogance when his decisions are challenged. Really good at plotting, though.
>>
fujo artist: love shota's and anime and plays makes and Easter character, she is very easy to pull but hard on the eyes

Kpop trash: over weight but sweet as hell, aside from a few annoying quarks she plays many different class and love to make witting one lines, depends if they will be funny or not

over weight normie ho: thinks she all that and a bag of chips, she love chip and tends to play gay men but is actually very good and role playing when she not being a bitch

autistic gaint: makes jojokes and memes a lot but i deal with it cause i like jojo, is horrible at role playing and anything else but always brings food

overly serious beta male, thinks being cool in game will get him poon. complanes when i call him out on his shit.

potatos shaped boi pussy hunter: love to write and chase sub bois, can only role play witty characters despite always trying to play a dumb paladin or fighter. doesn't want to play to his strengths but is still funny.
>>
>>52786153

>AlBundy Regardless of class, will always try to get every advantage before combat, he wants to pick better ground, lay traps, pick the time, etc. Will have the group flee from 1 koblold, if he hasn't had time to prep the battlefield. Has a sarcasm about him that is amusing as fuck.

BusyDude.. Must roll for everything, and there can never be a quiet moment in the game. DM looking up something? He'll manage to ask 11 questions per minute about off the wall shit. Hates any kind of prep planning before combat. doesn't like ranged attacking.

MildTom...Spends most of the session calling AlBundy an old woman or a pussy, and BusyDude a stupid faggot. Wants to know every tiny detail about everything. It's a general goods store? How big is the room? How old is the shop keeper? Is there a door leading to another room? Do they sale superior weapons? Any coins from far off places? Anything odd happening lately? And then NEVER acts on anything that he learns. Is perfectly happy just being antagonistic to one of the others, and listening to the flavor of the game.

All in all, a total clash of a group, but we've made it work 1-3 times per week, for over a decade.

>Me: Ok, guys, we last left our heroes outside the mine entran.....
>AlBundy: We need to go to town and supply up before we go in, or draw the goblins out to us
>BusyDude : Fuck that, lets go in now, and kill them or burn them out.
>MlldTom: you said there was a mine cart? How big is the left rear wheel, and has the axle been greased? Also, ALBundy, quit being a fucking pussy.
>>
>>52792360
There's no fucking way you aren't playing Pathfinder.
>>
>Dead fish
>Never roleplays, has no backstory or identity. Doesn't know what to do in combat to the point of passivity, has no agency.
>>
>>52792728
360 no scoped the head of the nail
>>
>>52786153
I am DM. The summaries you guys have are so good I'm just using them. The party has a
>Cos
to the T, most experienced tabletop guy too
>Spanish Inquisition
and has a high opinion of himself and would be insulted to learn that he is not but the spanish inquisition
>Blunt
plays a 5e mystic, jumps frontline and spams, in his words, "MIND LASERS". Likes plot, yet has no idea what's going on.
>Dead Fish
I've kicked him from the group.
>>
In my 5e game, I've got a Blunt SkillCos rogue who thinks they're Glam, a flaky Sunshine and Flowers bard, a blaster sorcerer Big, a barbarian BigCos, a warlock Pink, a fighter Sunshine, and another fighter BigPink.

When I end up playing, I'm always Hoodie/Inquisition. Funnily enough, my Pinkest character has pink hair.
>>
>>52786153

I like to play heavy, slow characters, rarely meddle with magic or other complicated mechanics (except grappling), but I tend to be the most avid roleplayer and like to think I'm unpredictable.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.