[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT: Wasted Settings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 61

File: Destiny_box_art.png (193KB, 275x317px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny_box_art.png
193KB, 275x317px
>ITT: Wasted Settings
>>
>>52785710
Destiny's setting was shit from top to bottom.
>>
Destiny Phase aka
Extinction aka
Destiny Adapted

Extinction is set several hundred years in the future after a war and/or disaster (it isn’t immediately clear) has destroyed most Human life on Earth and contact has been lost with all of the solar settlements beyond Earth. Prior to this incident, Humans had spread and colonized the Solar System, building vast cities on Luna, Mars, Titan and several orbital stations around Earth and Jupiter. Advanced technology made major progress in many fields. Humanity began to terraform Mars and Venus, vastly extended its lifespan, and sent colony ships out beyond the solar system itself.
>>
This Golden Age would last for centuries, but human civilization fell victim to a cataclysm of extraordinary magnitude, known as the Collapse. It is not known what the Collapse really was. What is known is that contact was lost with deep space vessels and then one by one, contact with the outer colonies was lost. The early warning satellites were disabled and large asteroids wiped out 99.99% of life on earth, burning the surface before plunging it into an 18 month period of cold darkness. It is rumored by some that the Collapse was caused by radical human colonial separatists, others say it was an alien attack. The enemy that destroyed Humanity is known as the Darkness, because of the mystery surrounding who or what it is.
>>
As far as the survivors know, the last great city of Humanity is known as Enoch, and consists of a dome over a semi-underground settlement built into solid rock. Enoch has salvaged what technology they can and have equipped teams of people that combine the functions of scouts, soldiers and scientists. Known as Wardens, they aim to discover what happened to Humanity, defend the remnants of Humanity and salvage what they can. The goal is not just about shooting things as with Destiny, because it is difficult to get a lot of satisfaction from that in a pen and paper RPG. Instead the themes are of survival and discovery, with maybe a hint of horror.
>>
In the city of Enoch lies a largely intact Explorer AI in a vast starship known as the Traveler. Based on the old Warminds, this AI is different, being larger and less limited in its goals. Unfortunately, the AI was damaged somehow. Its databases are largely intact, but the AI's ability to access them has been degraded, and it seems to have lost a lot of its recollection of the pre-collapse period. The vessel itself is badly damaged and shows signs of violent conflict.

Options:
In Destiny the Golden Age was started by an alien giant spherical space vessel known as the Traveler. The Traveler granted Humanity great technological advances (as well as apparently magic powers). For the moment I’d stick with a more grounded setting where the powers of the “Guardians” (or “Wardens” in my setting) are technological in nature, albeit very advanced technology. I don’t know why the Traveler had to be of alien origin either. Why couldn’t Humanity advance through its own discoveries? Or perhaps the Traveler could have been a massive AI of Human origin.
>>
File: 2016-09-09-15-51-07--241414890.jpg (18KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-09-15-51-07--241414890.jpg
18KB, 298x169px
>>
>>52785741
This.
>>
>>52785710
They went all out way too fast, nothing has any impact at all.
>>
>>52785897
Actually it's its prequel that's been literally WASTED
>>
>>52785710

It's /v/ but I always liked the RAGE setting. Shame it never really went anywhere (and that the game just, like, ended).
>>
>>52785710
One spoiled brat's autism about the series means that all of the LOTRO media that's made has to not reference any of the basic notes and history of the setting.
>>
>>52785741
Not really? There's a whole lot of rather interesting lore and story tidbits, it's just that so much shit got cut from the game, and the story got relegated to only being in the Grimoire Cards that everything got massively fucked. I mean there is the tiniest bit of good from the cut however, we didn't get treated to the 'original' plot of "The Traveler was evil all along hurr durr", so that's a plus.
>>
File: 1480053258368.png (247KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480053258368.png
247KB, 400x400px
>>52785710
Warframe is a better game but holy shit the state of the lore is laughable
>>
>>52786378
I'm not sure if 'the Traveler is an omnipotent, weak, cowardly retard, crippled by a civilization using ar-15s and 21 century Russian tanks' is really any better. Power levels in destiny make no sense at all, even Warhammer has more consistent lore.
>>
>>52786497
Actually the Traveler got crippled by an arsenal of futuristic nuclear weapons at point blank range. It's pretty weak on its own, and usually just leaves whenever the host race starts failing against the Darkness.
>>
>>52786527
In destiny only two things matter, the Darkness and the Light, club swinging caveman will mop the floor with anyone and anything as long as he has an access to either and his opponent to none. So the Traveler is anything but weak.
>>
File: 1342436451.jpg (121KB, 829x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1342436451.jpg
121KB, 829x1280px
>>52785710
> >ITT: Wasted Settings
>>
>>52786790
It never had any potential, it was somehow even dumber than tomb raider.
>>
File: this fucking trash right here.png (107KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
this fucking trash right here.png
107KB, 600x406px
Why did one of the most unique setting ideas in the last 5 years have to be wasted on this pastel piece of shit?
>>
>>52786824
>It never had any potential
That's just false.
If it didn't focus on "muh special snowflake protagonist story no one cares about" and "muh precursors advanced civilization", and instead focused on actually running an assassin bureau, it would've been great.
Like, I legitimately enjoyed AC2 and AC: Brotherhood. That was good shit. And after that it was just all the way down.
>>
>>52786398
I am still stunned to this day how little we've learned about the setting in more than 4 years of Warframe. Like don't get me wrong, we've come a long way from how it was at launch, where things we so vague I genuinely didn't think Corpus crewmen were human, just robotic heads hooked up to clone bodies. We know fundamentally speaking what forces are in play in the orokin system and what they do.

But god damn, they really are taking a hard stance on the whole 'lost knowledge dredged from the ruins of the Orokin empire". It is to this day fucking baffling how the Tenno originally came to operate within the Orokin empire, how the Old War was fought, why the infested exist, etc.

Even some of the stuff that is a little veiled but ultimately out of the bag, like what a Cephalon is and does, raises many questions. It seems like the Orokin jumped the shark on their little butlerian jihad. In the process of avoiding creating AI because they distrusted robots, they instead did a bit of psychosurgery on people and then turned them into fucking GODS just to make their computers run properly.

Like, I should point out that Cephalons:
- Are effectively indestructible physically, either you can explode every computer they are on the network of and they still exist, or they are capable of transferring their entire consciousness as a single bit of data, it isn't totally clear.
- They are capable of creating and destroying space. They can just make new planes of existence if they want, whatever. Not huge ones, but a couple of city blocks, easy. They can also pull shit out of the real world into these places. This is not limited to willing targets.
- They can operate on any computational system from vacuum tubes to vat-grown bioprocessors.

If these *gods* weren't hamstringed by design into being glorified personal assistants they would be terrifying. Far stronger than any other fictional AI I can think of, save maybe for Culture minds.
>>
>>52786884
I really wish I could like SU. It's a neat premise and the gems/homeworld have so much cool potential, but instead all we get is muh lezbeans and crying about feelings and pandering to the tumblriest parts of tumblr
>>
File: 1456464181973.webm (716KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1456464181973.webm
716KB, 640x360px
>>52786790
It's more like they overextended the setting.

A conflict between two old groups, one democratic based and one autocratic based, is a scenario that has been popular for ages. Magical macguffins thrown in for conflict is great as well.

Adding in retarded aliens, giving Adam and Eve superpowers, or making every conflict in every single time period around the entire world secretly about people dicking around for control of a shiny ball is just terrible.

Not to mention that after the Ezio storyline, it's for some reason turned into "Ubisoft's favorite moments in history highlight reel", with the actual story taking a backseat to the devs showing off their cutscene recreations of the signing of Declaration of Independence, Blackbeard's death, and Jack the Ripper (Who's essentially an Assassin class servant for no reason)

If they just kept it about climbing buildings and assassinating minor and major players to change the course of history, interspersed with characters who have relatable goals and motivations, it could have been a great series.

Instead, it's an embarrassment, and Ubisoft put the series on hiatus to try and make Watchdogs their flagship property, before fucking that up by trying to pander to every demographic at the exact same time and pissing off all of them.
>>
>>52785710
Looking at this season's anime assortment, ID-0 and Clockwork Planet are already sticking out like sore thumbs in this regard. I mean, we still have three quarters of a season to work with but I'll be surprised if they can reach their fullest potential from this much of a poor start.
>>
>>52787117
There are far too many anime/manga that have potentially interesting settings and choose to ignore them in favor of fistfuls of chiches and fanservice. Even a lot of the standard shonen schlock has interesting background info that's lost in favor of the protag powering up for the eightieth time. Naruto, for instance.
>>
>>52786892
It's just a historical setting with half the depth stripped out and black and white morality thrown in. It was a fun game, but not a good setting other than a collection of set pieces.
>>
>>52786739
>either and his opponent to none
The Cabal, the alien race who has very little to do with the Darkness, and the faction that just happens to be the one to level the Last City, would disagree with you.
>>
>>52787065
Even before that. There were so many things Tenno could've been, all of them more interesting than magical space teenagers!
>>
>>52787203
Admittedly, though, the Cabal seem to be basically an afterthought at this point. I don't really think there's much to their lore other than that they're big dudes who like to fight and the ones here are probably just a scout force

>>52787214
Hey, I like magic mutant space autists telepuppeting biorobots
>>
>>52787079
have you seen the greentext essay by that one /pol/ack who argues that SU is secretly/accidentally redpilled?
>>
>>52787319
Nope. How the hell does that work?
>>
>>52787262
>Admittedly, though, the Cabal seem to be basically an afterthought at this point. I don't really think there's much to their lore other than that they're big dudes who like to fight and the ones here are probably just a scout force

>He doesn't know

They were a scout force. After TTK they sent a distress signal back to their main force. Said main force came and made every other enemy faction look bad by kicking down the Guardians' collective door, blowing up their loot, and pissing on the ashes.
>>
>>52787345
There's a lot that shows the three Gems being much less effective as a parent than Steven's single father.
The all-female Gem Empire is a rigid caste society that's extremely racist and xenophobic, treating Humans like animals.
Small stuff that's easy to miss if you don't look at the big picture in the show.
>>
>>52787356
Well shit. Since 1 seemed to have mainly shown off the Hive and the fallen, think we'll get more about the Cabal and the Vex? I'm interested in knowing what the fuck is their deal
>>
>>52787203

Look, Destiny doesn't operate on straight power-wankery levels. Bigger guns don't always mean shit, and all "magic" in the setting is laced with symbolic and narrative meaning.

The conflict in Destiny is, in a more nebulous and overarching sense, a debate between all major factions about what the correct way of being is, with each faction seeming to represent one possible answer as outlined in the "Three Queens" grimoire where Toland rants about the darkness. The conflicts between them are framed in a narrative sense, each significant fight and action taken by one faction or another is framed in the context which grants it significantly deeper meaning than the surface.

It's why people who keep repeating "but you killed Oryx McSpaceGod with bullets" seem to be forgetting that because of who the Guardians are and their nature (as agents of the Traveller and beings imbued with Light), and the nature of how they killed Oryx (in his own Throne World and according to his laws but without following his pattern and using his own power), you've essentially followed the pattern of an Arthurian Knight story with a twist at the end that the mantle of what was defeated wasn't taken up again; which is what makes Oryx's death a bigger deal than just having shot a particularly large Hive monster to death.
>>
File: face-in-game.jpg (66KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
face-in-game.jpg
66KB, 1024x576px
>>52787356
all I know is that they're kind of goofy looking
>>
>>52786398
The game looks like it's going to be awesome when you start playing but then after a few hours you realize the devs ran out of ideas and the content is just endlessly repeating itself.
>>
>>52787427
Cabal are almost certainly going to be the first raid, assuming they don't fuck things up, and considering Mercury (I think it was Mercury) was turned into a gigantic Vex super computer, we could easily get some more of the bots. There's also theories that they're a sort of Fallen creationthat got pulled into serving the Darkness.
>>
File: Destiny2ExpansionPass.jpg (61KB, 426x600px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny2ExpansionPass.jpg
61KB, 426x600px
>>52787427
We're going to be seeing more of Osiris and Rasputin after the Cabal are dealt with.

After that is anyone's guess. My money is on the House of Kings.
>>
>>52787427

Definitely. If we're going off Toland's "Three Queens" fable, we've already shown off the Fallen (lack of a position and Queen) and the Hive (Queen of Armies), we're going to be seeing much more of the next two players (Cabal; Queen of Law/Vex: Queen of Knowledge) with some flavoring of playing around with the repercussions of the events of the first game.

But as it is, the teasers for Destiny 2 basically open with the Cabal's invasion of Earth, destruction of the City, and capture of the Traveller.

>>52787487

Well, there's a bit of a Mercury cult (Osiris?) that was introduced late in D1, so it's possible it was an introduction for a faction that'll gain some significance later on.
>>
>>52787553
>>52787557
Looks like Mercury might actually be something big then. Going to be cool to see some more of Rasputin too.
>>
File: prince_of_persia08_post6.jpg (66KB, 620x377px) Image search: [Google]
prince_of_persia08_post6.jpg
66KB, 620x377px
>>52785710
>>
>>52787214
I know everyone was bawwwing over how their Tenno were actually space puppies and O M G the Tenno were supposed to be super badass and KIDS aren't badass at all, LAME! But if people would stop being Xbros for like 5 seconds they'd realise it was inevitable.

But frankly, something like this was a necessity, because as soon as Hydroid came out we established that the Tenno were definitely not just wearing the suits. Furthermore, despite the personification of each frame as an individual with personality, Tenno clearly referred to the overarching player who mastered many of them.

So some kind of dreamer controlling the suits was inevitable at that point. Up until the second dream, I had my theories that there were originally occupants to the suits who ascended to another plane of fucking existence like Cephalons, but DE clearly decided they wanted to tell a story with some personal impact, and room for development of our main character, and ultimately led to exactly what we got. There was simply no other way. Why couldn't they just be adults,
you ask? Because Warframe powers clearly operate on storybook logic. It also plays into the narrative roles that the Lotus and Teshin were always meant to play, making you subordinate to them in a more personal way than if they were just superior officers in the Orokin Empire.
It also emphasises the physical contrast between the more diminutive frames and their even-more-fragile-still operator.
>>
File: spacecowboy.jpg (293KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
spacecowboy.jpg
293KB, 1500x900px
>>52785710
I honestly feel sorry for the artists behind Space Cowboy Online. They did some fantastic work but at the end of the day it all had to be crammed into a free to play Korean MMORPG.
>>
>great worldbuilding
>follows some brit kids
goddamn even Tolkien told the guy that he fucked up
>>
>>52787784
>Great worldbuilding
>Excellent lore
>Interesting characters
>It's all an extended allegory for how WW2 would suck less if you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

Activates my almonds, fampai.
>>
>>52787784
Read the other six books you uncultured shit who knows nothing. Those kids are only present for like 1/3 of the series.

-/lit/
>>
>>52787866
>/lit/
>C.S.Lewis
No, we know you're from /tg/, you just have better taste than that guy.
>>
>>52787784
>kid gets turned into a fucking dragon
>"this sucks I want to turn back"
That was the point when I realized the author grew up in an isolation tank and had never actually seen a child in real life.
>>
>>52786892
>Revelations was bad meme

No
>>
>>52787866
I get the sarcasm, but they are also children's books meant to teach morals to kids. I liked all of them except for Dawn Trader and Silver Chair. They were stupid
>>
>>52787684
Infomorphs, ascended post-human energy beings, AI, literal ghosts, the player as an actual out-of-setting entity. Make your pick. I get the personal impact, but did we really need it for a multiplayer co-op focused game?

I guess my point is I liked the mystery and theorycrafting, and any solid answer would be worse than no answer at all.
>>
>>52787759
I agree, that art is fantastic.
>>
File: WEG Dragons Heaven.png (792KB, 1122x550px) Image search: [Google]
WEG Dragons Heaven.png
792KB, 1122x550px
>>
>>52787985
There is still way, way too much unknown in the game.

In fact, I got really salty that they shut down the Simaris lore gathering missions. I nearly committed to pushing myself to the fucking limit on that last guardsman one, I was in the top 5 for the first week and a half of that, but then I saw my competition manage 30 syntheses inside of an hour and it broke my spirit utterly, knowing I would need to do the missions ceaselessly save for sleeping (My best was 20 in an hour, and I was averaging more like 17 for the hours I was active) if I wanted to retain a place on the leaderboard.

But that said, I would do missions that rewarded exclusive lore over gear in a heartbeat. Exclusive being the keyword. I'm sick of such a meagre amount of information being in the game that it can be immediately gathered and transcribed into the wiki. I want a drop table consisting of thousands of separate paragraphs of quotes and excerpts from the setting, that you can only quest for once a day or something. Enough that I can feel special for knowing things about the setting that most other people don't.
>>
>>52788156
My problem is that there is too much that when it was elaborated upon, turned out to be rather uninteresting and too much that just wasn't what I cared for.

I put 400+ hours in Warframe over some years and the grind plus the fact that most of what WAS being shown(the little that was) was just more Orokin/Tenno. I thought that we knew all we needed to know at the time, I wanted elaboration on the inner machinations of the Corpus and Grineer. I found those guys much more fascinating in concept. I wanted more that would give some WEIGHT to events. You're told innocents will die, but you scarcely ever see what human settlements are there beyond some shmucks wandering around a space station. That plus just the sheer amount of repetitive content got me and I just...can't play it. I know that they've done new lore missions or whatever but I just...can't play it.

The kids really did offset me because it felt the blandest take on what the Tenno could be, I think they worked better as a mystery because seeing this autistic looking kid just...bugged me. It felt like all that mystery just evaporated.
>>
>>52786790
Do you know what a setting is?
>>
File: brutal legend.jpg (31KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
brutal legend.jpg
31KB, 460x215px
>wasted settings
And how.
>>
>>52787413
Not that guy but I would be interested in reading more
>>
File: 800px-Travelers_rest_desktop[1].jpg (61KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Travelers_rest_desktop[1].jpg
61KB, 800x500px
>>52785710
During the year 745 M41 on the eastern fridges of the galaxy the imperium discovered the extragalactic Xeno species know as the Tyranids. Unbeknownst to them the reason was because they were attracted to the light of the Astronomicon but what would happen on the other side of the galaxy another force, a massive and mysterious being who has been terraforming worlds it's run into is also on its way to Terra? During the year 820 M41 (random date) on the fringes of the Segmentum Pacificus an explorator fleet finds the it while it is terraforming a world.
This is wandering being is known as the Traveler.

What happens?
>>
>>52787759
>Space Cowboy Online
Holy fuck, that's a blast from the past.
>>
File: 20150926132351a0e7lpguzv7vumdy.png (1MB, 1136x795px) Image search: [Google]
20150926132351a0e7lpguzv7vumdy.png
1MB, 1136x795px
WildStar.

It's a kooky blend of sci-fi fantasy (erring towards sci-fi) that feels like a space western a lot of the time. It didn't take itself too seriously, and it still cultivated a sense of adventure and exploration, even offering one of those "destined hero" storylines for those interested. The setting was cool, the technology was fascinating, the cartoonish art design lends to its charm, and there's just so much to work with. Unfortunately, it was a new IP by a new company putting out a new MMORPG, which already stacked the odds against it, and the bugginess and emphasis on super-hardcore raiding other other missteps essentially strangled the baby in its crib, a fate from which it has never truly recovered. I would hate to see the IP go to waste like this.
>>
>>52788527

Word.
>>
>>52787553

If you read the grimorie cards from Age of Triumph you'd know that Prince Uldren already took over the House of Kings. Several things have happened in the AoT cards:

1. Eris Morn has fucked off to go find Savathun and Xivu Arath wants to keep fighting the Hive herself. This might segway into her finding the one remaining pre-Hive Krill (can't remember her name) who's probably in statis again

2. Prince Uldren has been fucking around the Solar System and let himself be captured by the Kings for the purpose of usurping them and becoming their Kell. As the cards sound it seems like he's done it. Not only that the other fallen have essentially fucked off probably under the new banner of Kell Uldren.

3. Prior to Age of Triump there was talk of Lysander and the Concordat so they might make an apperance and Factions become more important. In the trailers you primarily see New Monarcy who are down for the pound in protecting the city, I wouldn't be surprised if Dead Orbit fucked off and FWC is probably fighting alongside New Monarcy as well.

4. A big item in AoT is the knuckles of Eao which are the bones of an Ahamkara so those guys may come back as well.
>>
>>52788343
>>
>>52788649
>>
>>52788340
I'd play a brutal legends tabletop
>>
>>52788406

Well, I'd say that the settings themselves clash when it comes to tone and theme. While damn near everything scifi can be or is referenced in 40k, it's always a grimdark reflection of the source material unless the sources was already pretty dark and grim in which case it just becomes 40k themed. And if it is a roughly 1:1, the setting rules demand it become corrupted or be destroyed because everything else in 40k is grimdark.

There's been benevolent AI in 40k that been blown up because the IoM bans it. There's been benevolent alien species that get blown up, magical scifi technology that's a twisted reference to something pop-culture or a direct reference which is subsequently exploded because of reasons.

Also consider the Traveller has "magic" because it's a product of something that has absolute mastery over science, so much so that the metaphysical becomes a hard science and existential crisis becomes externalized war. The faction in 40k with absolute mastery over science is the Necrons, who just have power over physical laws. This is the fundamental problem with how Destiny clashes with 40k. 40k takes things to a shallow extreme. The Necrons mastered science, so now the bend those laws. The Tyranids are biological, so everything they do is biological. Chaos has gods with a single focus and that focus leads pretty expected and predictable goals and outcomes. But Destiny takes things to their bizarre extreme. The Vex are absolute logic and come around to worship and faith. The Hive took survival and became the antithesis of life. The Traveller brings scientific mastery and it comes down to metaphysics and symbolism.

40k takes things to an expected outcome according to its own grimdark rules. Destiny takes things and gives them a twist, which on the surface seems contradictory, but instead hints at a deeper history, meaning, or logical path.
>>
>>52786790
You mean Crusades, Renaissance or any of the other historical settings they placed aliens into? Those have been done many times.
>>
>>52788413
>>52787759
You made me remember the game. Fuck you.

To be fair, though, I seem to recall the setting being pretty good for how little of it we actually got. Like different grey factions.
>>
>>52787107
>Who's essentially an Assassin class servant
I doubt Jack was a loli under that mask. That's the kinda thoughtless twist Shaymalan would do.
>>
>>52786790
>yfw they discover Ocelot's corpse & throw him in the animus for shits & giggles
>yfw they will never make a game based on The Sorrow
>>
>>52788647
Taox is the name you're looking for. Im honestly surprised shes still alive considering that two Hive gods are after her
>>
File: fdc5c04b22230aab18ae9cc7b6c81340.jpg (223KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
fdc5c04b22230aab18ae9cc7b6c81340.jpg
223KB, 1280x800px
>>52788886

Well, she survived initially by getting on a ship and sleeping in stasis for some 10,000 years before the Ecumene found her. They learned about the Hive from her intially and I assume she fucked off before the Hive killed them all as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Eris finds her.
>>
File: N64_NA_ArmyMenSargesHeroes.jpg (540KB, 2100x1536px) Image search: [Google]
N64_NA_ArmyMenSargesHeroes.jpg
540KB, 2100x1536px
R.I.P. Sarge's Heroes
>Can use plastic army men and make a wargame or an rpg based in this universe
>Can be green, gray, tan, or blue
>There is sufficient lore to make a story
>>
>>52788963

Right in the nostalgia anon, you bitch
>>
>>52788406
Traveler Object is taken and analyzed, with the possibility of finding the enhancements in the "Light" it provides. Alternatively, it's obliterated from range, the Ghosts likewise, and they scavenge material from the wreckage.
>>
File: plastic violence.jpg (172KB, 601x810px) Image search: [Google]
plastic violence.jpg
172KB, 601x810px
>>52788963
>>
>>52786892
>If it didn't focus on "muh special snowflake protagonist story no one cares about" and "muh precursors advanced civilization", and instead focused on actually running an assassin bureau, it would've been great.
This
>>52787190
>black and white morality
Confirmed for enver played the first game
>>
>>52789045
kek
>>
>>52785710
>>ITT: Wasted Settings
A lot of good mangas
>>
>>52789005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82h-ga3Ce0E
It was fun
>>
>>52788936
Maybe shes been out raising armies against the Hive, or teaching other civilizations about the Hive
>>
>>52789140

She's not immortal, then again we don't know the life span of pre-Hive Krill only that they live considerably longer then regular krill who had a life span of 10 years.

If there are other Alien life out there that hasn't been bent over and fucked by the Hive there might be a chance she was taken in by them or she left something behind because it's been thousands of years even since the fight between the Hive and Ecumene.
>>
>>52786198
huh?
Esplain.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (264KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
264KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>52787952
No, he actually met REAL children, not the stunted little shits that grow up to infest this board.
>>
>>52789522
They're saving all the big lore for Overwatch 2, probably.
>>
>>52787190
> black and white morality thrown in
The entire theme of AC is that Assassins are often just as bad as the Templars are and vice versa - it's just the traditional SMT Law vs. Chaos conflict brought down to the human level.
>>
>>52787954
It wasn't bad, it just was worse than Brotherhood.
I mean, Brotherhood nailed absolutely fucking everything that AC should've been. You had turf wars, you had Romulus tombs, you had the entirety of the city of Rome that was thematically more interesting than any other AC setting ever since - it was just all-around fantastic.
Revelations was just kinda meh in comparison.
>>
>>52788684
me and a friend were actually working on that. basically rogue trader only with a band. Each band had a tour bus which would act as their ship. Even had a table to roll on to customize the bus. all magic were channeled through metal of course.
>>
>>52788406
the Mechanicus have found their god.

To just give a little context for just how fucking amazing a discovery The Traveller would be to the Mechnicus. Their Cyberdongs would not only be rock-fucking-hard, their ships Navigator's heads would explode from the sheer physical arousal the sight would bring. If the Mechanicus would strip a world to the bone to find a blueprint, how do you think they'd react of they found something that contained
And if that thing was also intelligent and friendly? Fuck, their doctrine has no fucking way to deal with something like this. It's like seeing the rapture.

There's a nonzero chance that the Traveler fixes the Emperor and then they both go and tag-team the Void Dragon, repeatedly suplexing him until he goes back to sleep.

Though I'll be honest, I suspect that the Traveler's arrival is going to have a bunch of Inquisitors following it around, glaring at her and yelling "What are you planning, foul xenos machine?!" Because something as genuinely good and altruistic as the Traveler is a complete break from reality for everyone 40k.
>>52789018
It's the Mechanicus.

Their cyberdongs would be so hard that they would be able to construct new armours with them.
>>
>>52787458
Which is why it's interesting that the Cabal and Fallen are the two races which have come closest to wiping out the city.

They are able to do that not because they have magic and legends and rules, but because they're basically just people. Like the people that live in the city.
>>
>>52789018
Probably for the best anyway. The Traveller is a prison for the Light.
>>
File: Reign_of_Fire.jpg (422KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Reign_of_Fire.jpg
422KB, 960x1440px
>>
>>52789765
They would burn in down because lol heresy and then some inquisitor would burn down the cinders because lol heresy.
>>
>>52788826
part 2 anon?
>>52788963
>tfw you had the very first game for PC but can't find it anywhere
>>
>>52790003
How many were there even? I think I remember the first one (which was practically a milsim puzzle), a sequel, and later some blue (plastic) alien chicks invading kitchen counters.
>>
>>52790108
You had Army Men 1,2,3, one of them with the aliens, Army Men world war+ PS1 version of world war, PS1 army men 3DO, Land Sea Air, The squad based one with linguistics and commandos, Air Attack 1+2, Green Rogue, 3 Sarge's. And RTS which was literally suburban Apacolypse Now.

There were... a lot.
>>
>>52789373

Well, how long is a Hive year? They did live on a gas giant, and we can't reasonably expect them to have translated their own stories to human years, unless the Book of Sorrows was indeed translated for humans to understand. Well, there are often parts of Grimoire cards that don't have the right words (the Cabal refer to Ghosts as "Dead Persons" since they apparently don't have words for spirits), so it's probably true that we should take Grimoire cards as having been translated into English.

Also they continually lament how short their lifespans are, so it's probably true that it's as short.

>>52789774

Well, the Cabal we might not have seen. Going by Toland's "Three Queens," The Cabal would come to represent the Queen of Law, as they are an authoritarian empire and what scattered Grimoire cards give us a look inside Cabal society show that such rulership, law, and command are absolute, though we know precious little of their "Emperor" at the top of the chain.

The Fallen, of course, are supposed to represent having no Queen of their own. As it follows in Toland's four examples (Law, Strength, Knowledge, and the City as an ideal combination) so too does it follow that there should be an example without one. They used to have the Traveller, now they do not, and seek anything to take it's place. This is why they fell in so easily into the worship and usage of SIVA; giving themselves up to unstable technology in an effort to reclaim their former glory and give them an edge against those who have such fantastic magics and technologies.

As an aside, with the Vex, Cabal, and Hive representing the three Queens (as well as the Fallen's lack of one), it's my own theory that the Reef represents Pragmatism, who becomes whichever Queen is needed (a Joker Queen), the Darkness represents a lack of an answer (that there is no way to be), and the City, of course, represents all Queens (every answer is correct together).
>>
>>52788406
It would end the same way anything interacting with 40k ends, unfortunately. Either it would magically turn evil because lolchaos, ,or the Imperium would destroy it and wipe it from history because their autism can't allow anything good to exist, ever. 40k is a bit of a shit setting to cross things over with, because whatever it touches will invariably be stained by grimderp and any discussion thereof will be full of 40kids powerwanking their setting of choice and/or screeching at the hint of anything not awful
>>
>>52785710
Mass Effect, Fallout.
>>
>>52791151
I would hardly call at least three good games for Fallout a wasted setting.
>>
>>52789826
The Mechanicus has studied Necron wreckage for tech before and that's not even counting all the fucking times it has been implied that they worship the Void Dragon. Rogue Traders are well known for being on good terms with xenos if they choose to be and inquisitors make use of alien tech all the time.

But keep sprouting memes.
>>
>>52791248

Generally, considering the Traveller itself imbues others with Light, and it's much more than a simple sword or talisman that an individual might find useful, it's a pretty huge affront to the Imperium and their worship of the God-Emperor. Memes he may spout, but the truth is it's a being and machine that's far more suspect than a sanctioned C'tan blade for use by a specialized assassin, a talisman of protection against sorcery an Inquisitor might use in the line of their work, or a xenos weapon they might examine on the gun range to develop strategies against.

That said, it's somewhat already implied by the nature of the Light and Traveller that, by their nature, they're incompatible with the tenets that the Imperium's own creed has taken as central pillars of faith and doctrine. And while quite compatible with a few more, such an ideological divide suggests a schism that would result from anyone accepting the Traveller over (or equal to, or at all with) the Emperor, and the subsequent conflicts would, by setting precedent, dictate the death of the Heretics, the triumph of the Imperium, and the destruction of the offending being, save for perhaps a small but devoted following which manages to escape notice or destruction which continues their heretical devotions in secret and is never heard from again save if you want to use them as canon fodder and precedent to build off of your own stories and miniatures.
>>
>>52789816

Seriously, they advertised it as an epic conflict between awakening dragons and modern society/military....

...and fed us a so-so post apocalypse film.
>>
>>52789373
Im actually fairly sure that Krill who ingested the mother jelly became immortal. Since Taox is simply a sterile Mother, I figured she was immortal, but not a god like Oryx and co
>>
>>52791548
Emperor finding Traveler during the Crusade would have been a lot of fun.

Though in the end he probably would have tried to just plunder it together with Mechanicus.
>>
>>52791840
Honestly, the Big E seems way more likely to become a second Oryx than a Light devotee.
>>
File: Hellgate_London.jpg (116KB, 335x475px) Image search: [Google]
Hellgate_London.jpg
116KB, 335x475px
Fucking obligatory.

God I wish this game wasn't utterly dead, tech-knights are my jam.
>>
>>52791889
Nah, he is too xenophobic to agree to a pact with anything that he couldn't subvert in some sense. Even if we take his supposed deal with Chaos Gods at face value he still tried to fuck them over.

Trying to take both Light and Darkness and fucking over Traveler, and whoever will be standing for Darkness, in the process seems more his way.
>>
>>52788406

She leaves the imperium after first contact after seeing that they are collectively a faction of space nazis and she goes off to try joining up with the tau.

Presumably while being followed by a vast train of Mechanicus ships filled with Tech-priests all furiously humping their Traveler-themed body-pillows.

Things traveler would attempt....

-Point the tau empire towards being a less dystopian group.

-Try reviving many of the species that had gotten genocided in the past.

-Kill the shit out of dark eldar, nids, orks and chaos incursions.
>>
Is there any summary of Destiny lore anywhere? Closest I've found is a database of grimoire cards but you still have to sift through them and re-assemble it all yourself.
>>
>>52792066
Tau are already boring mary sues who win always, all the time, fuck you.
>>
>>52792067
That's half the fun.

Besides, the vast majority of stuff is still theories and well informed opinions. We don't really have a huge amount definitive.

At this point, the best place to start would probably be reading the Book of Sorrows grimoire cards as a starter on the cosmology and origin of the most important (currently) enemy faction.
>>
>>52792106
Its fun but I dont really know where to start and honestly I dont have the sheer amount of time that I used to and would like to have in order to piece it all together.
>>
>>52792156
Well, there's two so-so wikis. They're both pretty light on lore, but as far as I know they're the closest to spark notes floating around the internet.
>>
>>52792178
I'll check it out, and prob bookmark that database. Bloodborne had some 82 page analysis of it's lore and I was hoping someone had done the same with destiny.
>>
>>52792066
Traveler trying to fight orks... It's gonna be epically hilarious.
>>
>>52792196
Maybe, but I haven't bothered with searching so I wouldn't know. Maybe you could check reddit
>>
>>52789651
Rome was really boring and same-y to me (even if i recognize the value of a historical reconstruction of sorts), and while all the mechanical "things" were there, it didn't fit together in the same way that the previous game managed to
The Romulus stuff in particular had so little to do with the main plot that I don't think I even bothered til I wanted to try and collect everything
I much preferred revelations over it
>>
>>52790755

I'll give you that, we don't know what constitutes a "year" for Krill becuase they lived on a continent sized island that was formed from, presumably, their old planet falling into said gas giant and they live on continent sized fragments of the planet.

>>52791584
There's nothing to suggest Pre-Hive Mothers were immortal only that they lived significantly longer then regular drones as aside from the likes of Auresh who was an archologist, Taox was a scientist and teacher and either invented or learned how to make the various technologies used by the Krill.
>>
>>52789509
He's probably talking about Tolkien's son, who refuses to allow use of most of his dad's works, meaning a lot of stuff can't be referenced or used
>>
>>52792196
Youtube is actually one of your better sources to start. My Name Is Byf has some solid discussion of the Grimoire, and you can easily spiral out from there.
>>
>>52787166
Narutoverse is pretty good for an rpg, as long as you stick to early-tier power levels and the more manageable part 2 stuff. You've got the mercenary-client-mission stuff that all ninja do to put food on the table - imagine a small city that's actually a company of Shadowrunners. ANBU are prime runners, with Kage as Dragons. They're also the military for their host country.
The Sound Village is a mercenary company/mini-society that's really a front for a mad scientist's layered system of bodyguards and escape plans.
The chunin exam arc is The Sound 4 PCs sneaking into the ninjalympic games after their allies stage a count so their former-prime runner mad scientist boss can get a shot at his dragon former boss.
>>
>>52793306
Take it from me, I have literally over a decade of analyzing this shit:

Leave out the destiny plot, Rinnegan stuff and ignore everything beginning at the Shinobi War arc until the series ends. That gets you to a pretty manageable place to hold a setting in.
>>
File: 1404494349580.gif (957KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1404494349580.gif
957KB, 500x418px
>>52787107
>and Jack the Ripper (Who's essentially an Assassin class servant for no reason)
I might be retarded, but are you talking about fate by accident?
>>
File: why we cant have nice things.jpg (817KB, 756x9800px) Image search: [Google]
why we cant have nice things.jpg
817KB, 756x9800px
>>52787866
>Trying to pretend /lit/ is a cultural mecca
>>
File: 311e36e7605e410944d4b3d93665b1d0.jpg (486KB, 1570x2026px) Image search: [Google]
311e36e7605e410944d4b3d93665b1d0.jpg
486KB, 1570x2026px
Jade Empire 2 never ever.
>>
>>52786198
Why would we want more Shadow of Mordors? Chris maintaining his deathgrip on the books means Peter Jackson will never get his greasy mitts on the Silmarillion, which sounds pretty good in my book.
>>
>>52787413
Just because tumblr loves something, doesn't mean it has to be corrupted from within by their stupid ideas.
The show never tries to make steven's father the bad guy and almost always shows him as being good.
>>
>>52793521
Chris's deathgrip is what makes Shadow of Mordors.

Because they legally can't use anything from the other books, they just make nonsensical shit up wholesale.

Rather than something that is functionally in line with the original work, but with some stupid liberties taken with it, we get steaming piles of shit that's completely made up and doesn't mesh with the setting at all, but still has the same branding and icons, dragging both through the mud as a result.
>>
>>52793521
>>52793643

>He doesn't want more Shadow of Mordors

Holy shit do you literally hate fun? I give no shits about canon or not, it's not some sanctimonious text. The canon died with Tolkien, we can rehash the same shit over and over, or you can take those same pieces and make cool shit with it.
>>
>>52793444
This game was praised when it came out.

Now it gets a lot of shit, because it was made by Bioware.
>>
>>52793711
Does it really? I still boot it up for a play through every other year or so.
>>
>>52793363
I've been here since Sakura v ino
>>
>>52793739
People are now talking about how the gameplay is a lot more shallow than you remember, among other things.
>>
>>52793586
>tfw supporting single fathers is already a social justice issue
>>
>>52794619
Yeah, the combat is pretty shallow. The alignments are also a lot more shallow than they present them. It's definitely a B-Team effort, but it's still way better than modern Bioware has released.
>>
>>52786398
one of the worst things about warframe is how they handled the relation bewteen the player and the other players
To this day, we know more about the Grineer, Corpus, or even orokin that we know about the Tenno of the past. Why is this a problem ? Because if you are a lorefag or if you payed the smallest amount of attention to the small burbs of text, you know that there were different schools of combat, ways of thinking, visions for society, including stuff like architecture or philosophy... And while I think that it's fine for the game to not tell us a lot about the architectural views of the tenno, the fact that we know next to nothing about the Tenno themselves is fucking riddiculous.
Why would it be okay to play something that you know next to nothing about ? On top of this, less than one third ONE THIRD of all the players that I asked (150 people from my clan+ various anons from /wfg/ at various points) want to keep working for the lotus. If that's not sending a strong signal, I don't know what is.
If you think about it, even the fact that only certain warframes left a mark in history is retarded. We have quests about Inaros or Chroma, but what about the deluxe frames or even 9 tenths of the primes ? They'd all need some level of explanation like Rhino or Excal prime, as we know that several versions of warframes existed. Most fans aren't asking for 1h long cinematic quests, but at least for some level of explanation, even through texts ffs.
Just look at all the retarded videos that came out when Valkyr prime was released, trying to figure out wtf DE was thinking. Now it's what, at least 6 months later ? No explanation whatsoever, as if they expect the game to run for 10 more years, when it's future is uncertain
>>
>>52795074
It's hard to make a coherent story and lore and give players some narrative freedom, especially when you don't even give a single fuck about it.
>>
>>52793754
And?

I'm telling you, after a decade of analyzing the setting in the context of a roleplaying game, that those are the parameters best suited for what kinds of material are best to use.
>>
>>52795284
Just sharing a personal anecdote about also having been invested for a long time
>>
>>52788340
I would love a system based around this. The character designs were fun too.
>>
>>52792207
Orks fighting infinitely respawning paracausal space zombies would be pretty fun to watch.
>>
>>52792633
SirWallen and Myelin Games also do very good lore videos

Really it's down to whether you want to listen to a British, American, or Australian discuss Destiny's lore
>>
This could've gone in any direction BUT yuri fanservice and it would've been a 10/10 mongolian wood carving.
>>
>>52795846

A quick deal about that. They talk about a lot of things but I hate the fact they seemingly ignore that there seems to be an emphasis on showing the Guardians faces. I think this is a big deal because byf made a point about how people relate more to their gear then the avatar that is their guardian so it seems like our Guardians will actually be able to be proper characters rather than walking brick walls that wear and hold our loot.
>>
>>52795603
It's a bit different though, isn't it?
>I followed the series from a long way back
>I spent a decade actively testing and examining the setting as a game
>>
>>52791151
Man, I get angry thinking about all the cool shit that could've happened in Mass Effect if the ending had just been "reapers dead we win."

Instead they fucked the thing so hard they had to go to another galaxy.

And the writing is STILL shit!
>>
File: HW_GOTY.jpg (65KB, 531x640px) Image search: [Google]
HW_GOTY.jpg
65KB, 531x640px
It's not wasted, but god damn I want more of it.
>>
>>52785786
>>52785793
>>52785806
>>52785814

Well color me both interested and impressed. I'll take it.
>>
>>52795998
The only one dick measuring is you
>>
>>52796032
>all those nice codex entries about culture, military tactics and technology
Mass Effect is a great setting if you pretend 3 never happened.
>>
>>52795074
The problem is that DE was expecting WF to fail from the start. They showed to a bunch of investors who all hated the idea, then when the studio was failing they pushed it out as a last swan song. So they've never known what the fuck they were doing.
>>
>>52796810
I was just giving an explanation that I actually had thought out the issue quite a lot, and wasn't just being arbitrary.
>>
>>52787079
>crying about feelings
How would you feel if the one you loved and risked your life for died? If you were a failure who wasn't wanted? If you saw pieces of your former friends stitched together into horribly suffering slaves? Not good, huh?
Just because you make something sound insignificant doesn't mean it is, my nigguh.
t. somebody who's watched the show
>>
>>52789522
There gonna make a movie or get a Netflix series or some shit.
>>
>>52788664
The femaleness of the Gem Empire doesn't make SU anti-SJW. Same logic: If Stalin's USSR was shit, and it was made of Russians, does that mean that russians are shit and thus people who like russians are wrong
>>
>>52797239
Yes.
>>
>>52797247
I'm russian CYKA
>>
Warcraft, specifically the Dark Iron and Wildhammer Dwarves, Primals vs Evergrowth on Draenor. Fuck it just anything in a forest, inderground, or on Draenor in Warcraft.

>Warlods of Draenor will NEVER be what it was intended to be under Kaplan
>All we have is the Warcraft Chronicle Vol 2 to piss us off at what we didn't get
>>
>>52788406
I'll pitch in, so give your thoughts boys and girls.

>As some peeps already said. AdMechs will be amazed as they found their new machine god or believe the Traveler is THE Omnissiah. And they worship her.

>Some people of the imperium learn of the Traveler and now also revere her. But the imperium is now divided even more between those who worship an over glorified dead body sitting on fancy golden toilet, and magic round Space-Jesus.

>People of the imperium who now revere the Traveler over Big-E; ranging from civilians, AdMechs, Military Commanders and the Inquisition decide: "Fuck this Imperium" and defect and follow the Traveler, who leads them to a new world, form a new city or civilization that worships the Traveler and uses the light and form the Vanguard too.

>Traveler makes contact with other aliens; socialist fish people and space elves, And does the same thing to help them.

>Now the new civilization that loves the Traveler is established. Composed of humans, elder, and tau that love the Traveler.

>And then the Darkness comes rolling in to mess with the Traveler and the chaos gods don't like the Darkness being around. And in return, the Darkness decides to troll with the main four chaos gods on who's better god of darkness and evil.

>>52792207
>>52795823
I guess this means Sunsinger Warlocks, Gunslinger Hunters and Sunbreaker Titans with the Hammer of Sol would utterly kill massive armies of Orks within a few hours? Because "Solar" damage in Destiny and its gameplay is essentially fire damage and fire is a good method of fighting and killing Green British People

Also, Imperium of Man and or the Space Marines encounters The Cabal? What happens in terms of two Roman Empire themed military-industrial powerhouses versus each other? Aswell as their similar militaristic and imperialistic ideologies?

>Some muhreen: "What!? How dare those rhino-turtle-pachyderm aliens plagarize our sacred arms and armor!? HERESY!"
>>
>>52795074
The Prime frames are the original Orokin constructions, hand-sculpted by whatever esoteric process made the first frames. Considering the old orokin had access to cephalons made to whatever specifications they wanted, potentially much more powerful than Simaris, every prime part may in fact be a synthesised duplicate of the original frame of that type, with the crafting of the blueprint just being repair. Given that the current lore is pointing towards the idea that the Warframes were flesh-sculpted from (probably deliberately) infested individuals, this means that the personal identity of these frames, their personality, is the same for all primes.

The non-prime variants are mass production models intended to be built by whatever space 3d printers the foundry utilises. They're formulated from the ground up, which doesn't preclude them having a personality like the primes, just not one directly based on a live subject. THE Inaros and THE Chroma responsible for their quests may have been the primes, or may simply have been uncommon frames in the Old War, such that the only remaining records of their construction was at their resting places.

The deluxe skins are variants of the mass production variants used for different niche operational circumstances. The ones that the Silver Grove utilises (Loki Knave, Saryn Orphid, Oberon Feyarch) for instance, needed to be able to operate from and be maintained by fucking trees rather than the usual orbiter modules.

Like, you definitely have a point that I think DE has been firing from the hip when it comes to warframe lore, but they haven't gotten to the point of no return for internal consistency yet.
>>
>>52785710

I still make up lore for the setting of Spherus Magna and the Core War (2009-10 Bionicle) because there's just so many things unresolved about it that could have interesting explanations and it's free of fanboy autism

>>52786198
You should really take a look at the LOTR MMO, there's actually a whole lot there
>>
>>52794637
Is it? Genuinely curious as I have never heard about the plight of single fathers (or widowers for that matter) being addressed with any frequency in media...
>>
File: Psyren.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Psyren.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
Don't know if I would say Psyren's setting was completely wasted but I think were the story to have unfolded at a more steady pace it would have matched the quality of the setting.

Secret societies of psychics exist, there is some strange being that is rumored to cause people to go missing, you can meet this being if you find a special phone-card, turns out it takes people to another world, that world is actually a very bad future, it went bad due to the ambitions of one uber powerful esper who was a child test subject, doing shit in the past can affect the future greatly, in the future you can meet your sister who survived due to you sending her to a safe place in the past, that sister had a child and you are shocked by this but she says she told you this last time you were there but you don't remember because in the future you traveled to in the past she was dead. Dear lord I've gone cross-eyed...
>>
>>52797393
>I guess this means Sunsinger Warlocks, Gunslinger Hunters and Sunbreaker Titans with the Hammer of Sol would utterly kill massive armies of Orks within a few hours?
No, it means that all the scientific metaphysical space magic clashes with orkish crazy and sometimes straight up defying logic bullshit tech based on dark humour.

Yeah for a start a lot of orks will die with funny popping sounds or being roasted like green marshmallows and then something really hilarious will happen to warlocks and all the others. Like nob sticking a finger in the gun of hunter and said gun blowing up in gunslingers face with ork somehow mostly intact. Though he probably will need to replace his arm with the power klaw.

When orks are opposed with some new tech they start pulling things out of their collective asses that work against said tech just because they believe that they will work. In case even that doesn't help they have a lot of luck to make up for their shortcomings.
>>
Gate.
>>
>>52797393

If more guys like the shield brothers come around imagine what Space Marines would be like with that sort of Technology?

Powerfist that explode with energy upon impact? Wide area shield as well as literal Plasma Mortors strapped to your back?

How fucking awesome would Centurions be if they had that sort of thing going for them?
>>
>>52797393

Power level works much differently in Destiny than it does in 40k. On the surface level, 40k beats out Destiny by a solid margin, though when we get to larger infrastructure we start seeing Destiny lose out, though in some cases might still come out on top. Then we get to the big, universal scales, and while 40k's is certainly more comprehensive, Destiny's is much more powerful.

The Hive are on par with the forces of Chaos, the Vex matching or exceeding the Necrons, and the Cabal perhaps a match for the IoM or at very least the Space Marines, but the Light is more pervasive, much more weird, and direct and powerful than the Emperor's power, and the Darkness is absolutely terrifying on its own scale and pervasiveness, it's much more akin to Malice in that it's as much anathema to Chaos as it is to everything else. It's hopelessness and nothingness rolled into one, and the Hive is its favored servant because the Hive's own endgame will result in its own destruction. Chaos intends for everything to become Chaos, but the Darkness is nothingness in absolute.

>>52797898

Strangely, Orks might be one of the most potent in power level in Destiny. While every species works towards its own endgame and conception of the universe, Orks have no endgame, and play to continue play. That's perhaps the most powerful answer to the question of "what is the best way to be," and I suspect is more compatible with the light than any other philosophy in 40k. If they were to take the Light into themselves and follow the Traveller's philosophies and ascended sciences, transcending their own need for ruthless war and instead exalting the WAAAGH! into something else, they'd probably win 40k. Of course, since it is also 40k, the Orks wouldn't ever think to do that and couldn't be bothered to anyway. Grimdark.
>>
>>52798822
If orks will take the Light they'll stop being orks and will lose WAAAGH! It's as much a psychic phenomenon as a physical one. You can't have a WAAAGH! without orks being orks. You need this completely bonkers attitude of orks to life to be a part of WAAAGH! It disregards rules and just washes over everything. It probably has more in common with Spiral Power from TTGL.
>>
>>52798870

Well, we've seen in Destiny that anything that absorbs a new power into itself, a new philosophy in a way, becomes something new; a newly formulated argument in the debate that is the war in Destiny. I suspect the Light does much the same, and that the WAAAGH! plus the Light would, in turn, create something stranger that's possibly more Light than WAAAGH!, and probably a separate entity to the WAAAGH! entirely.

It's true that the WAAAGH! is Orkiness in psychic reflection, and that what is not Orky does not touch on the WAAAGH! at all. The WAAAGH! itself I think is predicated on its own perfection of perfect Orkiness, so it's unlikely to change. Perhaps it's simply that the Orks do not need the Light in the least, as they are a species born of and for the WAAAGH!, and are otherwise incompatible with all other philosophies, powers, and arguments save for interaction with them on their own Orky terms.
>>
>>52786892
>"muh special snowflake protagonist story no one cares about"

Honestly, it was only after they killed Desmond and lost any kind of inter game narrative thread that I really started to lose interest. Black Flag was fun, sure, but what the fuck was the point of the story?

At least with the Desmond stuff, you had "guy lucky enough to be subject to advanced enough version of timetravel chair to not die/go insane starts gaining Assassin powers to save world" as opposed to whatever the fuck the post Desmond narrative was.
>>
>>52792207
Literally every Mek and Loota in the galaxy upon hearing about the Traveler:
"ITZ LOOTIN' TIME BOYZ!!"
>>
>>52798939
Considering that they don't care about Chaos much, past the ability of punching demons in the face, its very probable. Even Gork and Mork are more an ideals than actual entities and proper way to revere them in case you meet them is to punch them in the face.
>>
>>52798979
Yeah, a Mek riding on top of an ork Hulk while it descends through the atmosphere directly onto Traveler is a very likely course of action.

And by on top I mean standing outside and taking all the beating by the atmosphere on his energy shield just to get the chance to hit the Traveler in melee and be the first at looting part.
>>
>>52799003
Ah, the old "DRIVE ME CLOSER, I WANTZ TO HIT EM WID ME CHOPPA!" tactic taken to an absurd extreme, and I love it.

Someone should totally draw a picture of htis happening...

>>52798983
>Even Gork and Mork are more an ideals than actual entities
You wot mate? Gork n' Mork not proppa' gods? Iz oughta deck you'z fer dat!
>>
>>52799155
>You wot mate? Gork n' Mork not proppa' gods? Iz oughta deck you'z fer dat!
They are proper gods. But an ork that doesn't try to punch them in face upon meeting them is not a proper ork. At least if he is a boss.
>>
>>52798822
>The Hive are on par with the forces of Chaos

Crota, Son of Oryx and Khorne having a contest on who angrily points at each other the most when?

>Vex matching or exceeding the Necrons

I guess if there'd be a 40KxDestiny scenario, would it be safe to say or assume that while the Vex can indeed destroy everything and everyone in the 40K-verse, even the Big Four. The Necrons actually are the only ones who keep the Vex at bay, essentially, fighting off the Vex and even unintentionally saving and defending people from the Vex would be the only good thing the Necrons would have likely ever done.

And I guess the Crons are the only guys in all of 40K that can be capable of venturing into the Vault of Glass then ey?

(Sorry kelpto bloody birds. Just because the Vault of Glass has the word vault in its name, doesn't mean there's any "loot" you can claim. And its doubtful you'd survive)

Also:

>Oryx: "Nurgle! I'm coming to take your kidnapped elf goddess waifu!"

or

>The Darkness: "Quiet Nurgly-boo, I'm gonna fuck your wife now."

>Slaany: "I can't believe I'm saying this but... WHY ARE YOU LETTING HIM FUCK YOUR WAIFU!?"
>>
File: 300px-Grimoire_House_of_Wolves.jpg (28KB, 290x211px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Grimoire_House_of_Wolves.jpg
28KB, 290x211px
>>52785710
>Queen Lily or Vect to Destiny Guardians visiting Commoragh who're reacting to the sight of Fallen/Eliksni among DEldar:

>"Oh relax Guardians! These ones are mine, they belong to me."
>>
>>52798870
Well what would happen to Orks who decide to take the light? Do they end up becoming Ork Guardians? And now become servants to the Traveler instead of attempting to "Loot" her?
>>
>>52799183
>But an ork that doesn't try to punch them in face upon meeting them is not a proper ork. At least if he is a boss.

Ay, you have a point there. Gork and Mork would then tell them exactly what to do should they ever meet a champion of Chaos:
Kick them in the dick.

>>52799269
While there's essentially zero chance of this happening, any "Ork Guardians" would be immediately stomped/krumped/dakka'd by literally every other Ork nearby out of sheer principle.

Seriously, the only other god/deity-level being Orks are really allowed to follow is Khorne (because he sometimes gets along with Gork and Mork), and even then, the only ones who really do that are a few outcasts/freebootas.
>>
>>52799269
Well first thing first - other boys will try to kill them for being unorky and different. Unorky means a face punching is in proper order.

But overall they'll lose a lot of their instinctive powers that rely on their psychic abilities. Also I frankly don't remember orks ever becoming really unorky. Even an ork that was using Nurgle artifact just changed colouration instead of becoming a Chaos worshipper or turning into goo.
>>
>>52786198
>we should let whomever use whatever lore however they want

There's a reason why all of the LotR branded media content is at least pretty good and tops at absolutely phenomenal, and it's precisely because the estate doesn't just let any person with enough money to afford the license to make whatever the fuck they want with it.
>>
>>52799269

You should note that those under the Traveller aren't necessarily its servants. Perhaps only the Speaker is a true servant of the Traveller.

The first Guardians were warlords until Saladin brought the first Guardian alliance together under the Iron Lords, who defeated all the others and founded the City under the Traveller. Even the Iron Lords are after their own interests, though they take a more nuanced view of the Traveller and humanity as a whole.

The Iron Lords factioned off into the major factions and Guardian classes we have now, and they are all after their own interests as well, though all of them seem to unite under the cause of keeping the City alive and protecting the Traveller because it's their lifeline.

And even then, there's a good deal of Guardians who don't trust the Traveller or the Speaker. It's a pretty common and vocal opinion among Guardians.
>>
>>52797128

lol shut up faggot
>>
>>52786884
>>52787079

Fuck you guys. Steven Universe is fucking awesome. You have shit taste.
>>
>>52799317
>other boys will try to kill them for being unorky
The only exception to that rule is the Blood Axes because of their use of human tactics (among other things, including using enslaved/brainwashed humans as cannon fodder), but they get away with their brand of unorkiness because Orks find it useful.

Guardians though? Defending some city instead of looting it/going out on a proppa WAAAGH! is contradictory to everything Orks stand for.
>>
>>52799369
Weak b8, back to /co/
>>
File: come_at_me_heretic.jpg (228KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
come_at_me_heretic.jpg
228KB, 2048x1152px
>>52799386

Your taste is shit and you know it.
>>
>>52788664
>>52788649
While he has some decent points, he is so absorbed in his shitty identity politics that he's not much better than the SJWs who decide that such and such a show is meant for them and watching the show is an act of rebellion.

It's a kid's show. And when they show nuance that goes against SJW dogma it's because it's a good kid's show, not because it's "red-pilled" or some such nonsense. I honestly can't imagine the kind of insecurity poltards and SJWs must be suffering under to need to turn their enjoyment of a cartoon into a political act.

Also, is he the same avatarfag who would always post on /tg/?
>>
File: Group photo of those who care.jpg (29KB, 445x334px) Image search: [Google]
Group photo of those who care.jpg
29KB, 445x334px
>>52799392
>trying to claim as fact that anyone who doesn't like Steven Universe has shit taste
>>
File: necrons_ooooo.gif (404KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
necrons_ooooo.gif
404KB, 550x600px
>>52799410
>trying to claim as fact that the shit going on in the show is "muh lezbeans"

Strawmanning is easy brah.

Actually it's kinda hard since your comment proves you haven't even watched the show and just meme hate it.
>>
>>52799453
>implying I'm the same anon as before
>implying I was trying to claim SU is "muh lezbeans"
>implying I give a damn what a bunch of sentient rock-people do in the show to begin with
Seriously anon. I wasn't strawmanning, I was pointing out that no one cares if you think everyone who doesn't like SU has shit taste, no more, no less.

But yes, please keep punching that strawman if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>52799533

> I was pointing out that no one cares if you think everyone who doesn't like SU has shit taste
>I'm upset you posted on a thing on the internet

Why are you even on 4chan?
>>
>>52787866

The Magician's Nephew followed earlier British Kids, of whom one becomes the old man in:

The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe followed the main group of British kids.

Prince Caspian followed that same group of British kids, 100's of years later from Narnia's perspective.

Voyage of the Dawn Treader followed half of the main british kids and their cousin, another british kid.

The Silver Chair featured the cousin and his new friend... another british kid!

And the last battle boldly featured every british kid so far (except from one) as he ended the setting with the crusades.

Only the Horse and his boy kept the story itself centrally within its own setting.
>>
>>52796890
I disagree with you and that other Anon, but then I played all 3 one after the other, with all the DLC, after the whole thing about the original ending, on my PS3.

Mass Effect's setting was well used and every single one of the Mass Effect games hit me right in the emotional center, touching notes I had honestly never had a video game series hit before and haven't found one since.

For instance I like Andromeda, it's a good start and has some fun and engaging moments but it feels a little hollow because they left the Milky Way behind (in essence saying that refusal was the canon ending). Instead of manning the fuck up choosing one of the colors and making new stories post-reapers, Bioware decided that they didn't want to further piss off all the whiny babies still pissed over the ending of ME3 and fucked over any and all further development of the species and culture of the Milky Way outside of those who didn't to, or couldn't, be a part of that society.

I think that, while Bioware has made some mistakes over the years, and been fucking weird with some of their games and some concepts within their games, that they have done their level best to keep making compelling stories and narratives for people to play around in, not without mistakes, true, but that only makes when they get shit right more apparent.

Lets be honest though, a lot of the shit Bio gets is because EA bought out their parent company, and has proceeded to force them to make games faster.

Finally, IMHO Bioware showed how good they are specifically with ME3 that game was not only fun and engaging but incredibly emotional, it had me engaged from start to finish and I didn't have a single issue with any element of it. When you step back and think that, aside from the original endings, the game is damn near perfect given what they had to work with in the time they were given.
>>
>>52793685
That's basically fanfiction, anon.

The 'fun' of the gameplay has no correlation to the silly attempts to attach itself to the pre-established work. It could be the most exciting, choice-based RPG in the world and still be an extremely poor representation of what the original work is actually like.
>>
>>52799793

This. ME3 was fucking badass.

Also agree that Andromeda has some issues. Personally I don't like how familiar the new aliens feel. I wish they went more crazy.

>also no Vorcha party member

It's like they don't want me to have fun.
>>
>>52789005
This. Fuck you cunt
>>
>>52799809
I actually really liked Jaal and the Angarans, and he is IMO, one of the best written Characters in the game, and along with Drack and Cora is my favorite of the new party members. I do agree though, that there should have been more variety in the party. The only thing I really hated was Peebee for some reason she really got on my nerves, maybe I'll romance her on a replay to see if that fixes her.
>>
>>52799856

Jaal and the Angarans have a cool angle to them and the first contact scene is dope as hell but I kinda want to see something less humanoid.

Drack didn't have enough of a hook for me to care. He seems more straight-up krogan than the others and I dig that but we'll see how things move forward.

Don't care about Cora since she's a filthy human but I do dig the whole Asari thing with her.

<3 Peebee. Havin a hard time figuring out if I wanna romance her or the Turian. Probably going to do the Turian.
>>
>>52799882
Wait you haven't beaten it yet? I Did insanity on my first playthrough was honestly disappointed that the AI didn't improve from normal just the number type and health of enemies, and those fucking 1hko's from certain enemies pissed me off like twenty fucking times throughout.
>>
>>52799903

Nah, the massive UI downgrade from ME2/3 hit me hard along with Dragon Age: Inquisition levels of "Please present me your cock o' chosen one, you are the greatest thing and only you can do stuff."
>>
>>52799917
I actually thought the controls were very similar to ME3 when you've got your gun out that is, Ui didn't really bother me but I can see how some would dislike it, and the whole inquisition feel didn't bother me, they actually did a very good job of giving a reason why you're the hero, as opposed to just wrong place wrong time like inquisition. I say all this bearing in mind that it was a newbie to making a full game Bioware studio that made this and not the central ones they're working on DA5 and some mysterious new IP.
>>
File: edge chronicles.png (358KB, 1090x770px) Image search: [Google]
edge chronicles.png
358KB, 1090x770px
Less wasted, and more criminally underappreciated.
>>
>>52796890
Or even that only the ending of three never happened. It's why Indoctrination theory is so popular (and, seriously, turn around and look at the environment of London after the beam hits Shepard)
>>
>>52799961

The controls were fine but a lot of the SFX and menus were off. They just felt like a big downgrade from ME3 and I looooooooved how that game felt.

They did give you more of a reason but I get nit picky about things the more the game tries to hype up my guy as the sole savior. Like, I have no idea why a Pathfinder needs to be teh one to survey planets. Like I understand that there is a manpower problem but the Pathfinder seems to just be the guy with the AI. The superpowers are nice but they don't seem to come up when doing colony shit.

It feels like a tonal shift from how the previous Mass Effects handled the topic, even if just a tiny one.
>>
>>52800007
Yeah I get that, Me3 had a great control system the UI felt intuitive and engaging, makes sense to feel some shock moving to something new.

Well I'm hoping they do more with Sam and stuff in DLC, make his necessity more apparent with new planets and shit, but it's worth mentioning that it's implied the incredible adaptability of your SAM, mainly the totally freeform class and ability options, is implied to be unique to yours, nobody else gets that level of capability.

I think that shift was intentional, if somewhat disappointing, The Shepard Trilogy was sort of an existential conflict played out in Space Opera form, this one is less that and more the start of a traditional Hero's Journey, and one taken entirely against your characters will, which is, I think the best kind of Hero's Journey.
>>
>>52800072

I dig. I'm liking some of the wider options for Ryder. Like popping people who think they can just walk away after doing evil shit or literally telling bbeg "I will fuck your shit up."
>>
>>52785897
Would that mean that the settings and lore are dope and you dont like the rules ?
>>
>>52800127
The only thing I really miss is the morality system, I always went mostly Paragon save the few interrupts that killed enemies who just wouldn't shut the fuck up and didn't have any relevance outside of combat, but having that reinforce and show what you were was fun for me, that and it is to me, at least, integral to ME, I can see why they removed it though.
>>
>>52800178

Same. I thought they hit a nice balance of the morality in 2 and 3.
>>
File: This Fucker.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
This Fucker.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>52786398
Came hero to post it if it hadn't been, glad to see it so high up.
>>
>>52799985
>indoctrination theory
elaborate?
is it just "shep was indoctrinated since X point onwards?
>>
>>52800237
It is an entirely non-canon interpretation of the ME3 ending and it's pure fanwankery, nothing supports it, but it boils down to basically Shepard is supposedly indoctrinated at some point prior to the battle for the citadel over earth, and the Star Child/Catalyst is an hallucination, It's bullshit, but some choose it over RGB or kill everybody endings.
>>
>>52800277
Might just me being tired, but I'd prefer it.
>>
>>52800237

It's more a 'Shepard has been succumbing the entire game, what did you think those inky shadows in the dream sequences were' and that, after the beam hits, near everything else is internal. Anderson/The Illusive man were symbolic of a fight for internal control, and that the 'Starchild' is really just the decision to give in to what the Reapers have been after the whole series (and become another Saren-like Puppet) or to take a final stand.
>>
>>52800291
Maybe so, I'm not saying you can't headcanon it that way, if you so choose, but the prothean Vendetta VI directly refutes that interpretation of the ending, and I actually like synthesis, but thats me.
>>52800309
Those inky shadows are Shepard's unconscious mind trying and failing to deal with his grief and trauma from a life spent basically in a state of pure fucking fear and stress for 3 straight years, but that's just my interpretation.
>>
>>52785710
Gentleman Bastards is the pinnacle of wasted potential
>>
>>52785710
White Knight Chronicles had a neat setup and then proceeded to vomit all over it. Leonard has to be one of the most worthless excuses for a main character I've ever seen and I consume garbage WNs and LNs daily so I'm intimately familiar with terrible main characters.
>>
>>52789522

The Uprising game mode is kind of neat. Honestly I'm not sure if Blizzard cares about doing some kind of story or exploring the setting of OW rather than just focusing on the characters.
>>
>>52787117
Cockwork planet is the MC and his gaggle of machine girls/military cyborg cool old man/teen genius going around the place and doing dumb shit in a setting with a extreme fetish for cogs, it was stupid from the word go and it's your own fault if any of that bothers you.
>>
>>52789816
The 7th Dragon games are fun but also heavily flawed. They also keep a dragon kill count for you.
>>
>>52799722
>Only the Horse and his boy kept the story itself centrally within its own setting.
And even then, the British Kids we brought up a time or three.
>>
>>52800453
I really don't think Lewis ever intended to flesh out or use Narnia more than he had, It was really just a thinly veiled pro-christian series anyway, which Tolkien pointed out many a time, to Lewis directly even.
>>
>>52799882
The first contact seen confused the hell out of me. "Oh no what are they saying, they sent us co-ordinates though so let's just play along". Then you leave the ship and suddenly the universal translator is working. Then it's brought up "Maybe it's not working" after you recruit Jaal. Also there's no codex entry for the universal translator!

>>52799961
I do really like how when you get instated as the Pathfinder you can spend something like two planets just going "Wait no, this is a terrible idea, why would you give this job to me?!"
>>
File: 180.png (3KB, 180x191px) Image search: [Google]
180.png
3KB, 180x191px
I'm still mad.
>>
File: 606dc0539c1b0f6071eda967cac2a81f.jpg (526KB, 1680x1627px) Image search: [Google]
606dc0539c1b0f6071eda967cac2a81f.jpg
526KB, 1680x1627px
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance-era Ivalice would be way more fun to explore from a tabletop RPG perspective.
>>
>>52787983

Oddly enough, those two are my favourites.
>>
>>52787952

He spends a good chunk of time going 'This is awesome!' until he realises all the downsides later that evening.

He can't leave the island (He's too big to lie on the boat and can't fly for weeks straight) so the others will have to abandon him and he'll be alone. He also can't really engage in social activities any more as he's too big for the camp and everyone is a bit wary of a giant firebreathing lizard despite knowing who it is.
>>
Xeno Corow when?
>>
>>52802088
Next year at this rate.
>>
File: homestuck_sburb_alpha_session.png (77KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
homestuck_sburb_alpha_session.png
77KB, 650x450px
>>52801361
I was about to post exactly that

>Jumanji, except it's a spacetime-warping video game which causes the apocalypse, then pulls you and your friends into a great cosmic chess game
>It gives you superpowers and miniature planets full of quests, both tailor-made to you, and lets your success decide whether the great circle of universe creation continues
>Midway through the story, the whole setting becomes a backdrop to teenage romance drama and never recovers

My sadness and anger have transcended my mortal coil and taken residence among the stars, where they will burn, forever.
>>
>>52793403

Jeeezus
>>
>Dystopian Wars
>Actually do what should have been done with steampunk: turbo-WWI
>No goggles & cogfoppery
>All the insane end of the 19th century- WWI era designs along with all those covers of Popular Mechanics, thrown into industrialised warfare
>Actual punk aspects with the setting's unobtanium being like radioactive asbestos that turbo-charges global waming and gives the poor sods working with it cancer.
>Not entirely focused on 'muh victorian england' and 'muh london'
>Ruined because Spartan can't pay attention to their games for more than five minutes, let alone write more background than a single blog post.
>>
>>52788406

The mini-OP here...

>>52803434

Made a thread for this.
>>
>>52799983
You, my good sir, are my nigga
>>
>>52801361
>>52802544
It could've been great if it didn't go full-bore on shipping and little else
And this is coming from someone who normally likes shipping
>>
>>52801632
>Despite
>not because
Recall that Eustice was a complete twat until that day.
>>
>>52803865

Point taken. But they could at least politely pretend to tolerate him before. Or slap his shit, in the case of Prince Caspian.

It's harder with a giant murder-lizard.
>>
>>52789737
This sounds pretty fucking based
>>
File: 1491163601117.jpg (195KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1491163601117.jpg
195KB, 1125x1500px
Touhou.
>>
>>52789522
Eh they are just iterating on TF2 while solving its problems by making damn sure they have enough lore for continous non comedy updates to start with, with multiple themes if the base of "DANGAR ROBOTS" gets boring to their consumers.

Overwatch lore:

>Humanity creates hard AI
>Creates a massive amount of AI
>Creates them in such a way that they can only exist with a physical body
>Cannot upload their consciousnesses
>AI dont like this
>First AI war
>America creates army of captain americas
>Japan has Actual Magic, inclduing ghost dragon bloodline techniques at a bare minimum
>Private space contractors create race of genetically enhanced gorrillas as non AI slave race
>Humans win
>Gorillas rebel
>Most of the captain americas die
>One captain america army field medic works out healing nanites and full on reincarnation
>Megacorps work out teleportation and hard light technology
>British Airforce accidentally creates time travel
>Megacorps start doing shady shit
>AIs infected with religion
>AIs start to integrate with humanity at a social level
>Humans see this is better than war, but attempt to go full segregation
>AI terrorist conflict in london, AIs assassinate first robot pope
>Conflict put down by Space Marine Illuminati Avangers made up out of veterans of the first war(including only person with reincarnation tech)
>Horus Herasy
>Horus pre-emptively EMPs london and the second robot pope
>Hard Light tech goes open source
>Space Marine Illuminati Avengers start accepting AIs
Third Robot Pope joins Space Marine Illuminati Avengers, turns out the Robot Popes figured out magic
>Megacorp shady shit kicks into overdrive
>Possibility of another World War not segregated on AI/Human lines/First Megacorp War is brewing
>Horus's Goth Illuminati Avengers attempt to EMP london again
>>
File: man of culture.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
man of culture.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>52799983
>>52803671
>>
>>52799809
Something that always intrigued me in ME was in the middle of all this preaching of tolerance and embrace of The Other with all these different species, even Geth, literally everyone is okay with being anti-Vorcha.
>>
>>52799856
>I actually really liked Jaal
As someone who merely watched a let's play of Andromeda (because I'm not going to pay full price for what sounded and looked like an absolute trainwreck of a game), I completely agree about Jaal being one of the best written (hell, best period) characters in that game.

However, as another anon pointed out, the new aliens feel way too familiar. The first time I saw Kett my reaction was "really BioWare? Andromeda's bad guys are a bunch of not-Halo Elites? Really?" It didn't help that the first remnant construct you encounter is an Observer, to which my reaction was: "OKAY, WHO LET THE FORERUNNER SENTINEL IN HERE, AND WHY DOES IT HAVE A NECRON PAINT-JOB?!"
>>
File: demacia-silvermere.jpg (3MB, 1598x1080px) Image search: [Google]
demacia-silvermere.jpg
3MB, 1598x1080px
>ctrl+f league of legends
>zero results
Really? Just me then?
>>
>>52804205
League's setting has been a mess ever since they decided to get rid of the Summoners, which were a huge part of the lore, and then started panicking because they realized they didn't have any real plans for this.

So for the next few months we just got lazy single-paragraph lore for every champion. Half the champions lores still reference the non-existent summoners for whatever reason.
>>
>>52804158
To be fair they are the closest equivalent of space goblins, who look like completely identical skinwalkers and have a life expectancy so low that they're never going to amount to anything bigger than a nuisance.
>>
>>52804239
Did they really get rid of Summoners? That's dumb.

Ironically though the actual game part of the setting wasn't really important to me. I just like the different regions and the interesting Champions.

I don't even play League.
>>
>>52804391
They did. They just decided one day "Wow, the Summoners are a dumb idea and limiting our lore too much, let's get rid of them."

And then promptly realized a week after they announced this that "Oh shit, the Summoners were basically the only thing holding our lore together, what are we going to do?" and rewrote most lores to only have a single paragraph before "We got more planned, just wait ;)."

It wasn't until a few months later they started expanding the lore. Unsurprisingly most of it is half-assed and worse than the Summoner stuff. And most champions still reference the Summoners, so they couldn't even do that right.
>>
>>52804442
Wow, it's even more wasted than I thought it was.

So what, do the Field of Justice and the Champion matches just exist in a vacuum now, separated from the lore? Like Overwatch.
>>
>>52804183
In my opinion you have absolutely no right to judge something you haven't played or payed for and certainly have no room to speak on how familiar the new species feel.

That said, Jaal is a fun character to discover, he seems like an ass at first like maybe he'll be an enemy rather than an ally. Then you fight with him, by his side, go through a journey meet his friends figure out the Angaran culture, and you find out, damn, this guys got hidden depths.

On the Kett, I don't care how similar they look to Halo Elites, because honestly their motivations are entirely different from Halo's villains or how similar the Remnant are to Forerunner crap from Halo, because the story reveals plenty about the creators of that technology and it wasn't even remotely similar to the Necrons or fucking Forerunners. I think Halo is the second worst fucking game series after Call of Duty, and yes I've played them all, didn't buy them though, just borrowed a friends system and their copies of the main series. It really didn't impress me at all.

My only question for you is, where is it stated that it was illegal to take inspiration or concepts from one game to use in another as long as you make it your own?
>>
>>52804538
>In my opinion you have absolutely no right to judge something you haven't played or payed for
So somebody could buy the game, not play it, and their judgement would be valid to you?

And if you meant "and", what about all the reviewers who get free review copies and then play the crap out of them? Are their opinions less valid because they didn't pay for the game?

In my opinion, Andromeda has hideous animations and cringe-tier dialog and voice acting. I haven't played it, but would my opinion really be different if I saw its flaws on my tv instead of my laptop?
>>
File: cbb.jpg (60KB, 680x818px) Image search: [Google]
cbb.jpg
60KB, 680x818px
>>52787079
I used to defend the show against the tumblr space lesbians argument, but considering the more recent episodes, I'm inclined to agree with you.
>>
>>52804530
At least Overwatch's matches are "possible" non-canon encounters. There are so many swirling conflicting intrigues and the repercussions of the map objectives are left so vague, that just about any combination of 6v6 on a given map COULD happen for whatever reason.
League's lore now exists entirely separate from the game. Characters have lore, and even then most of that is left short, broken due to older references, or totally independent from the world. But the actual scenario is totally contrived and nonsensical. Summoner's Rift is an enigma since there are no summoners, no reason for the power limits on characters anymore (This isn't a martial v caster issue, but "guy who's good with spear" and "prehistoric missing link-race child who can hulk out" is on par with "hero king" and "master of forgotten martial arts", on par with "dark mage capable of absorbing enough power to destroy the world and machinations to rule it" and "monster from the void that can and will eat everything and become godzilla", on par with "Literally Death" and "Continent sized Cosmic Being that created literally all the stars")
>>
>>52788340
>make the coolest setting possible for a hack n slash game
>market game as a hack n slash
>game is only a hack n slash for ten minutes before becoming a retarded half RTS
I'm still mad about that.
>>
>>52804631
Reviewers don't ever count because I've read a great many reviews on many different kinds of media and have found that 9 times out of ten they're full of shit, and the one time they aren't their opinion was more negative than the material being reviewed deserved.

Generally if you pay for a game, you're doing so to play it, I said or to include those who have borrowed a game to play, or at least, try it, so that they can decide whether they want to buy it or not, and also include pirates because I've pirated games before and don't believe it causes much harm. So, no if you bought it but didn't play it you cannot actually have a valid opinion on it, but if you played without paying for it, you can.

You opinion on ME:Andromeda has absolutely no merit, as you watched a lets play, and probably not all of it. You know literally nothing about the dialogue you claim to critique, I do, I actually played the game, I enjoyed it too, and very little of the dialogue is "cringe-worthy", and the parts that are, not any worse than some of Shepard's lines.

Maybe your opinion wouldn't be different, if you had played the game, but you really have no room to talk, until you've actually played it and can really take it as a whole rather than the disjointed and out of context crap Youtube gives you.
>>
>>52797757
My nigga! I loved Psyren.
>>
>>52804866
Nice assumptions, anon. I have not watched a let's play. I've followed the game closely, because I was interested in ME's setting but never played the games, and I figured Andromeda would be a good chance to jump in.

I've read various reviews looking for common elements, and I've watched videos on it. Obviously I don't know as much about the game as someone who has played it start to finish, but I haven't passed judgement on the whole game, have I? I just said that it's poorly animated with bad dialog and acting. You don't need to play the game to see that. The bar fight scene, the scene where they're about to get sucked out of an airlock and joking while holding on for dear life, and various other interactions and scenes don't paint a good picture. I'm not going to make any confident calls on the gameplay (as I haven't played it) but nothing about it struck me as redeeming enough to put up with the game's various shortcomings.

You honestly sound like you're just in denial of your buyer's remorse.
>>
>>52804530
>So what, do the Field of Justice and the Champion matches just exist in a vacuum now, separated from the lore?

Pretty much. The game itself is basically non-canon now because reasons.
>>
>>52804673
Well, anything is "possible" if you don't think about it too hard.
>>
>>52788649
>>52788664
That Anon has some weapons-grade autism, but I'll be damned if he doesn't have a point.
>>
>>52805037
>The game itself is basically non-canon now because reasons.
That is lore-fuckery of the highest order. I didn't know it was possible to fuck a setting's lore that hard.
>>
>>52805037
So what happened to the big deals they made about some matches actually affecting the world? Like the Ionia v Noxus shit? Was it all just retconned?
>>
>>52805129
Pretty much. It's just basically regular wars now.
>>
>>52805129
Summoners aren't a thing. The League of Legends is not a thing that exists in the League of Legends game setting. Which invalidates not only the whole setting and concept of the game, but plenty of specific characters' lore that relies on them being summoned from other planes or have summoning involved like Lee.
>>
>>52805031
I apologize for assuming you were passing judgement but to be fair you were being negative. that said, go buy the MEtrilogy deal and all the DLC thats available, if its still up on the PS3 PSNstore and start from Mass Effect, that's my personal recommendation on where to start.

And no, I don't have buyers remorse, inf act most if not all of the animation issues have been fixed, in fact the patch that fixed them came out the day I bought it. The acting is actually very good, though the new VA's take some adjustment from Shep, and there is nothing wrong with the Dialogue at all, there are a few moments that could have been better written,but considering it was an entirely new team working one the game, I made a few allowances just like I did for ME1 or BG1 or DA:O.

So, no you're misinformed by all the idiots jumping on a hate wagon for no reason except that it's popular to do so.
>>
>>52805145
And the stuff about the Champions being famous celebrities is all gone? No Alistair speaking out using his status? No fan club for Janna? No Nidalee dating a newspaper writer? No gossip columns about Twisted Fate and Evelynn?

That sucks. Well, I guess if you want to rebuild something then you have to knock it down first, and piles of rubble never look very good.

Still, I read some of Demacia's lore recently, and I liked it. So there might be hope yet.
>>
>>52805176
Okay yeah, whatever, I'm sorry too.

I'll go buy things now.
>>
File: ergo_proxy-wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg (391KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ergo_proxy-wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg
391KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAXrRWLKzko

This could have been so much better. Great premise, but it ended up with a story way too simple for its length, too few characters, not enough lore, and it tried way too hard to appear more deep than it really was.
>>
>>52805214
I doubt you will, but if you really do, do buy the original games, and the associated single player DLC, they will not disappoint. As for Andromeda feel free to wait until every little thing has been patched, it's worth the money either way.
>>
>>52804287
Being Vorcha is suffering. From the young age other vorcha try to break your limbs, bite you or do other nasty things. Parents most of the time don't care about you beyond throwing some shitty fast-food in your direction. Your best toy is a broken pistol.

And yeah, you are going to die at around age of 20 from space cancer due to your own regeneration finally going haywire.

Life sucks. May as well make it suck for everyone else.
>>
>>52804796
If everything, being a spiritual successor to Sacrifice only makes the game better.
>>
>>52805332
Me3 showed Vorcha that were not rat-people in everything but appearance, or uber violent, there was even a War Asset that had Vorcha scientists or engineers, they have the capacity to be better than they were shown in ME2.
>>
>>52799392

>posts anime warhammer

>claims others have shit taste

L O L
>>
>>52804205
League's main problem is that it's not a setting, but a huge collection of short stories, half of them being contradictory, non canon anymore or relying on vague mysterious beings no one knows anything about.
>>
>>52797579
Knowing that this is a terrible place for such a discussion, I'll be brief. But if it doesn't fit a heteronormative, binary structure it is probably a SJ issue. The general media being patriarchical (by nature or design due to power imbalances) will only highlight those things that are self affirming.

So, anecdotally speaking, when a family friend went theough a custody battle for his son because the mother refused to get the medical help she needed for a diagnosed mood disorder and habitual lying it was not a bunch of dudes who regularly ask "what about men" trying to help. It was all a bunch of feminists and other varieties of "dreaded sjw" who were fighting for him to get sole custody.

It is a social injustice how society treats single fathers in most cases. So yeah. SJ issue.
>>
>>52805382
They do. But it is really hard for them. Salarians are always trying to do everything as fast as they can. For vorcha it is even more true. It's good their bodies can probably adapt to living on minimal amount of sleep time.
>>
>>52805511
For Vorcha as a species they're basically entirely shaped by nurture, and when its other Vorcha, that's generally an abusive and violent life, but raised by other species, in an educational and safe environment, they turn out fine, interesting to say the least.
>>
File: High School DxD.jpg (351KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
High School DxD.jpg
351KB, 1920x1080px
High School DxD is a pretty cool setting wasted on a ecchi VN.

Heaven and Hell and Fallen Angels have a three sided war. At some point some dragons fuck it up and everyone unites to kill them but then they got back to fighting. Then Yahweh dies. The war pretty much ends after that, and some moderate demons take over hell and everyone agrees to a cease fire.

Demon forces are pretty depleted and it takes a long time to breed new demons. So one of the moderate demon lords creates a game of team deathmatch very loosely based on chess.

Joining a team means using a chess piece that makes you a demon, and increase your stats based on the chess piece. Pawns get few stats, Bishops get magic stats, Rooks get defense stats, Knights get speed, Queen get everything, Kings get less of everything but are the objective in team deathmatch.

Another part of the reason why this demon recruitment thing is a great idea is because, as one of his final acts Yahweh rarely gave some humans magical powers. The powers range from meh like being able to x2 Kaioken to being overpowered like being able to summon endless waves of monsters.

Also, the powers tend to be pretty generic, but if put under sufficient stress they mutate into more powerful forms called Balance Breaker. For example, the balance breaker for the endless waves of monsters is summoning, instead, 12 100ft kaiju and one 200ft kaiju all with MR and regeneration.

Oh, and most gods and spirits and monsters also exist in universe.
>>
>>52805478
League's setting looks best when you don't look at it too closely. Still, I think that a lot of it has potential and some of the Champions could make interesting characters. Not that I would ever use one of them as a protagonist, or even have the protagonist be a Champion. I would also stick to the version where the Institute of War and Summoners and Champion fame were all things.
>>
>>52805496
>heteronormative
>binary structure
>patriarchal
Setting aside your stance and how accurate those terms might be, you probably shouldn't use them. They just make people dismiss you, and for good reason. 9 times out of ten they're used by retards.
>>
>>52793586
>Just because tumblr loves something, doesn't mean it has to be corrupted from within by their stupid ideas.
Anon, you're on a website where people claim that the statements of other posters carry less weight because the attached image they found on Google has tumblr in the filename.
>>
>>52805567
It would have been neat to see some kind of hyper-intelligent vorcha scientist in Andromeda. Like, as an experiment they just stimulated it with intellectual material 24/7 for the first half of it's life. It would probably still talk and have mannerism like a regular vorcha, but when it came down to it it could outpace salarians mentally.
>>
>>52806174
People do frequently dismiss things they don't understand. This does not make it "for good reason." Honestly, that's like saying that you shouldn't use "hue, shade, or tint" when talking about paint.

And disregarding those in that context is just as fucking stupid.

Also:
>replying to a reply for clarity with "don't use the words that are inherent in intelligent discussion of that topic because no reason" when the post already implies people here will be stupid about it.
>>
>>52788649
>>52788664
>SU must be redpilled, because it doesn't follow the SJW strawman I've set up for myself!

Holy shit, what an idiot. Only the SJW Strawmen want a matriarchal society, and to treat all men as bumbling fuck-ups. Only SJW Strawmen want safe spaces as a place to deny reality and never be troubled.

Actual feminist/"SJW" opinion is that modern society should not be unbalanced toward either gender, that men and women should have equal opportunity to succeed and be treated as such, and that if things get overwhelming, it's nice to be able to retreat somewhere for a while and gather yourself before stepping back into things.
>>
>>52806557
You make a good point, but I'll let my autistic associates yell it into the ground and back up their argument with memes and screencaps.
>>
File: 1468644407995.jpg (42KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1468644407995.jpg
42KB, 800x587px
>>52806347
>>52806557
>>52806622
>throwing a decent setting thread in the mud to try and start another "my politics are right" shouting match
Go somewhere and die, please.
>>
>>52806557
Not to add more /pol/ to the fire, but the way it goes is:

>Most SJWs actually want what you say they want
>But most non-SJWs would actually agree that SJWs already have achieved exactly what they want
>SJWs make unsatisfying arguments that things are still tilted against the success of women/minorities
>So when unsatisfied SJWs want things even more biased towards women/minorities, the assumption most people derive is that SJWs actually want things balanced entirely against men/europeans/straight people
>>
>>52804130
Where are you getting more than half of this from? This sounds like a shitload of headcanon.
>>
File: Ck2 Hate Life.jpg (89KB, 484x448px) Image search: [Google]
Ck2 Hate Life.jpg
89KB, 484x448px
>>52799983
>interest in the edge chronicles tabletop game died
>>
>>52804130
>>Creates a massive amount of AI
>>Creates them in such a way that they can only exist with a physical body
>>Cannot upload their consciousnesses
>>AI dont like this

This is just wrong. Humans made big automated factories called Omniums, run by God AIs with complete control over all their subserviant worker bots. Somehow the God AIs decide that they can do better without humans and turn on them. Once the God AIs are defeated, the remaining robots are left with direction but end up just becoming sentient for the most part. Robots made post god-AI generally aren't as sentient as those made pre it seems. Also, maybe the super Illuminati Eye organization that controls Talon orchestrated the entire Crisis to begin with so people wouldn't like robots for reasons.

There's a lot more wrong, but you don't really seem concerned.
>>
>>52806674
This guy here:>>52806622

I love Steven Universe, warts and all, but the fact of the matter is that you're stating a subjective opinion about a show with a reputation for strong SJW Connotations. It doesn't matter if that's incorrect, it doesn't matter if you're right, and it doesn't even matter if anyone who argues against it has seen the show.

Do you want to know why?

Because we're not anti-sjw, we're anti-political. /tg/ hates real world politics, we were never meant to bring them up, because between immigrants from Reddit/1d4chan and the ever-present representation of /pol/, /tg/'s political breakdown is a dead-split between every party, issue, or topic. Thus, anytime anyone brings up anything remotely resembling something political, there's an immediate divide between posters. Everything can and will be argued, so the only way to stop it is not to post it in the first place, and to stop arguing whenever it's brought up.

This isn't actually a bad thing, since it's what causes most of our interesting discussions, however, it does mean that some topics are inherently triggers to such discussion, Steven Universe among them.

So yeah, unfortunately, Steven Universe will never have a reasonable discussion on /tg/, simply for the fact of what /tg/ is.
>>
File: Brink-Wallpaper.jpg (499KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Brink-Wallpaper.jpg
499KB, 1600x1200px
Brink

Set on an arcology that took to sea after sea levels started rising, focuses on the conflict between the security forces trying to keep it isolated, and the resistance who want to contact the outside world and leave.

Had awesome parkour and customization too, plus an interesting idea for a story, where both sides where shown to be right and wrong in their own ways.
Let down by barebones campaign, shallow multiplayer and bugs out the ass.
>>
>>52807204
Honestly the biggest waste is the art. The direction and style are pretty great.
>>
>>52806281
Yeah but it would have been taxing on resources, being arks that spent 600 years in Darkspace, shit's limited.
>>
>>52806674
>replying to a skeleton telling them to die
>laughingbomes.gifv

>>52807204
There is so much wasted potential. One more case of a good idea wasted on a dedicated PvP game. Game played for shit, too. We need more arcologies in settings.
>>
>>52800204
I've always looked at Steve like some sort of fanatic. He has thoughts of grandeur regarding the game, but it's always so lame when his ideas actually release. It's definitely a case of 'it sounded better in my head'.
>>
File: baleful.jpg (107KB, 769x866px) Image search: [Google]
baleful.jpg
107KB, 769x866px
>>52808356
That solid decade of good ideas wasted by chasing the CoD audience/money and their PvP reliant game archetypes. And their really dull aesthetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43IWdsKFsUg

The idea is sound, but damn if Insomniac didn't fuck up the tone.
>>
>>52809136
It's funny, both this and Brink would be accused of biting off stuff like Overwatch if they came out now. Overstrike is definitely a big letdown though. At least Brink kept to it's aesthetic.
>>
>>52799983
My most beloved comrade.
>>
>>52809136
The sad part being the best parts of CoD games are the 80-90's inspired action campaigns and not the crap shoot PvP.
>>
>>52809136
God fucking dammit, this is the first time I've heard of this and it sounds like a fantastic concept, but even in the trailer it's really visible. The aesthetic (and the atmosphere things) is too exaggerated, too comical to be going for a realistic style, but not enough to be up with the likes of TF2 or Overwatch. Which is a damn shame, because I haven't played anything by Insomniac that wasn't downright entertaining (even though SO was just another Ratchet & Clank game with plebbit humour)
>>
File: Battleborn Poster.jpg (203KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
Battleborn Poster.jpg
203KB, 1200x628px
>>
>>52809987
I wouldn't say Battleborn's setting was wasted. At least not by its designers. Just that the game fell off of everyone's radar right after it launched so no one could really get into it.

Phoebe's still my waifu anyway
>>
>>52809987
Eugh, the character design was really iffy - I've heard people mostly anons say that Overwatch reeks of design-by-committee, but Battleborn's far worse. You could describe [NUMBERS]% of their character's aesthetics as:
>Elf-looking fucks
>Spess-elf-looking fucks
>Generic MANLY MAN grunt soldier a la Gun Bros, for want of a better example
>Cogfop shit
>Unused Borderlands sprites
>>
>>52786398
Holy fuck dude, if I weren't such a lazy piece of shit AND had other things to write, I'd be making my own Warframe lore and a plot for a campaign. It is a beatiful game with enormous space for shitty and not-so-shitty fanfics, too bad it's being held back by its own devs.
>>
>>52787065
>they instead did a bit of psychosurgery on people and then turned them into fucking GODS just to make their computers run properly.

Well, the high-tier Orokin are basically gods themselves, so it's like psychic gods making themselves lobotomized god-servants. Movers and shakers in Warframe are pretty monstrous and terrifying.
>>
>>52804130
Confirmed for not following lore, half of this shit is wrong.
>>
>>52793685
>Holy shit do you literally hate fun?
No, he just has good taste.
>>
>>52786398
Warframe is a worse game, with worse lore.
>>
>>52811397
>destiny better than warframe
anon, I just wanted to tell you that your tastes are inferior to my own.
that is all.
>>
>>52811383
Or rather he autistically dislikes someone making original stories in the LOTR setting, with no real reason behind it, because Shadow of Mordor was fun, it slaps the lore in the face, but it is fun.
>>
>>52811501
They're pretty on it. The only thing you might be able to argue that Warframe got better was their patching cycle and the fact that you go inside your ship. Everything else, though...
>>
>>52811623
is still better than an empty game world filled with nothing after you beat all the quests.
>>
>>52811623
Comparing budget and content, Warframe is head and shoulders above Destiny.
>>
File: Atlus Grade Feel.jpg (325KB, 1383x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Atlus Grade Feel.jpg
325KB, 1383x1600px
>>52788527
>mfw we will never get a series of singleplayer adventure games set in this setting
>>
>>52811383
>cardboard-cutout ebil ugly dirty dark roman stand-ins are better than based SoM orcs
>>
File: halfinthebag.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
halfinthebag.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: for your thoughts.gif (398KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
for your thoughts.gif
398KB, 480x238px
>>52811501
>>
>>52811510
>but it is fun
No, no it is not.

It's both a travesty of lore and a so generic a game you'd think it was straight out of Ubisoft. The ONLY thing of value it holds is the nemesis system and that's not enough to carry a game.
>>
>>52805686
That's how I felt about Princess Waltz.
>>
>>52811966
>No, no it is not, for me.
FTFY
>travesty of lore, generic
Maybe, on the first part, but again only autists care, and yeah in that the plot was generic but the ACesque controls are not a detriment, and in fact were smoother and more intuitive than most AC games, and the sequel is looking absolutely brilliant so far.
>Nemesis
This was fun creating your own enemies, and generally causing chaos is a great time waster that doesn't feel like a drag.
>>
>>52812033
>Maybe, on the first part, but again only autists care

So you just dismiss anyone who dislikes that as 'An autist so their opinion doesn't matter'?
>>
>>52812153
Yeah because the author is dead, may he rest in peace. His son is the worst of the autists but instead of being smart and snapping up the rights to all sorts of media things, he let morons take his fathers creation and shit on it. So yeah I don't like the lore of SOM either, but I'm not gonna let that get in the way of a fun game, because a game like SOM is not there for it's lore or plot, it's there for fun, mindless fucking fun. Satisfied?
>>
>>52812254
Not him, but it's not fair to expect other people to turn their brains off as easily as you can.
>>
>>52812254

I don't tend to go with "it's mindless' as a reason to ignore something being stupid. If anything, that's an argument against the game.
>>
>>52789522
THANK YOU. Overwatch triggers my /v/ autism so fucking hard

>write a shitton of lore, but there's literally no storyline
>all the gameplay is noncanon
whattheactualfuckisthepoint.ass
>>
>>52812329
Actually it is, on a board dedicated to doing just that in some ways, because in a lot of ways TTRPG's are very similar to video games, and reading a book, or rather listening to an audiobook. I don't think it's unfair considering that I learned when I was a little boy how to just take a ride, and go with the flow, with my entertainment, whether that be a book, a tv show, a film, or any kind of game, even ones with as much agency as mass effect, or skyrim, or morrowind or oblivion, or D&D or even GURPS.
>>52812422
I didn't ignore it, when I first played it, I admit that the bonuses for someone who had read LOTR, and it's appendices, were fun at first, their inconsistencies only bothered me when it got to the end as that's really the only part wholly incompatible with the established lore.

That said, I had fun getting there and playing around in Mordor, killing orcs in cool ways, killing hundreds of orcs without being seen, but I originally thought it was going to be a one-shot, interesting and a nice little play on something classic that didn't totally murder said classic, and it didn't.

As for the upcoming sequel, I'm waiting until it's out and I've played it to judge it, but I know I'll have to shut my brain off and treat it as an original story or alternate timeline within LOTR's world, because there is no way it'll fit with the lore at all, and I don't mind that because it won't ruin my memory of the books.
>>
>>52793306
Naruto's weird-ass arc structure and endless filler, power levels, and jutsu would have worked better as a JRPG instead of an anime desu
>>
>>52793403
why the fuck do you have to remind me of that
>>
File: you don't have pennies, Matthew.jpg (60KB, 617x479px) Image search: [Google]
you don't have pennies, Matthew.jpg
60KB, 617x479px
>>52811936
>>
Jak and Daxter somehow wasted its setting twice.

For those unfamiliar, the first game took place in a steampunk fantasy world, with quite a bit of potential, the implication that the villains might not be dead, a cartoonish cast of characters, and an interesting, if underdeveloped, magic system.

The next two main games, and two spin-offs, involve the characters being transported 500 years into the future, landing in a gritty cyberpunk dystopia. It's pretty much a dark and gritty reboot done right, more or less keeping the heart of the original intact. The characters form an interesting dynamic, and there's more world-building, and even more unresolved and potentially interesting plot threads left dangling by the end.

Then The Last Frontier comes out, and all but three characters are dropped, and the magic system that had already been downplayed is made completely generic, and the unresolved plot threads are replaced with clichés.

Ideally, the initial setting should have had more time to be developed, and the arc in the second setting finished. The Last Frontier had good ideas, but wasted them all.
>>
>>52812953
Man, now I'm getting soggy with nostalgia about Jak 2 and 3. Those games were great.
>>
>>52813438
Haven't played Daxter or Jak X, but all i played were great except for Frontier, and even it was decent enough.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.