[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

story arc brainstorming and succubi cults

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: Photo 19-04-2017, 11 11 06.jpg (96KB, 661x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 19-04-2017, 11 11 06.jpg
96KB, 661x1024px
Sup, /tg/. Playing D&D 5e, players are level 4 currently and I want the arc to cover roughly levels 5-8 ish. I'd like your ideas and suggestions.

A few sessions ago, my players let a succubus out of its box. She killed the party rogue and stole the box she'd been sealed in off him (worth about 20k gp), before vanishing into the ethereal plane. The PC has since been resurrected, but nothing motivates players like taking their stuff. Some time has passed (approx 3 sessions and a level) since then.
>>
File: Photo 19-04-2017, 11 55 23.jpg (758KB, 2560x1706px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 19-04-2017, 11 55 23.jpg
758KB, 2560x1706px
>>52785584
I want to use the succubus as a villain of our next story arc (probably starting ~2 sessions from now). She'll probably need buffing a bit (I'll probably add a few levels of glamor bard from the UA) to avoid being instantly creamed the next time they encounter her, but succubi strike me as more social villains than brawlers anyway.

I'm thinking of having the succubus infiltrate/subvert an opera or ballet company (maybe Théâtre des Vampires style) and use that position to seduce and corrupt aristocracy and prominent individuals in the city (as well as rinsing them for protection and influence). Maybe start a cult.
>>
File: Photo 19-04-2017, 11 16 38.jpg (221KB, 936x1392px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 19-04-2017, 11 16 38.jpg
221KB, 936x1392px
>>52785584
>>52785596

So, any suggestions, inspirations or thoughts, /tg/? What could a succubus with +13 to deception and persuasion do with access to high profile members of society? What would that sort of cult look like? How do you run a succubus cult without it turning into either magical realm or Eyes Wide Shut?
>>
>>52785610
>>52785596
She could create succession concerns by convincing people that their spouse had been unfaithful. One possible infidelity by a wife could put in doubt the legitimacy of all of the children.

She could persuade one side of a pair of rival houses to wage an informal war against his foe, or even just assassinate his rival. with a few well-placed whispers, a single assassination snowballs into a civil war within the confines of the city.

>>52785610
>How do you run a succubus cult without it turning into either magical realm or Eyes Wide Shut?
By making it into a relatively normal cult. Just because a succubus is leading it doesn't mean that she has to be fucking them. That's just prejudiced.

Also, if you want her to not get steamrolled in a fight, how about having her call in one of the higher-ups in her own Cult? I don't play 5e so I don't know if it has them, but PF has demonic cults where groups of weaker demons served and worshiped more powerful ones. If the expected progression is from lvl 4 to lvl 8, any backup the succubus gets is probably going to be more than a credible threat to them.
>>
>>52785888
Shit, if she's operating out of a theater have her set up a bunch of Shakespeare tragedies in real life. Like Lady Macbeth, except with no guilt and she's also responsible for Hamlet, Othello, Titus Andronicus and Romeo and Juliet all at one.

Honestly, a Succubus in this kind of setting tickles my fancy because I've always thought of them as beings that wear infinite masks while being essentially nothing in terms of personality underneath.
>>
File: Photo 19-04-2017, 11 56 52.jpg (27KB, 500x292px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 19-04-2017, 11 56 52.jpg
27KB, 500x292px
>>52785888
I'd thought about having her 'replace' the wife of a local duke and conceive a child - but whilst my group are all 30+ adults, I'm not going to put anyone in a position where they're killing unborn children. Casting doubts on succession *anyway* is a good idea.

Re: steamrollering, I don't want to buff her too much with legendary actions so a boss fight would need be with a group- hence I thought support caster would be a good choice (versus say, warlock which would fit thematically but would turn her into a glass cannon).

re: the cult, yeah that's fair. I'm just trying to come up with what the cult would be trying to achieve. Possibly just protecting her whilst she causes as much havoc as possible.
>>
>>52785998
I definitely like the idea of her playing up the theatrical roles and her choice of performances.

I also think a succubus fits with this beautifully - they're just empty bags of ego and spite. And I do really like subverting the sex-demon so she's not *actually* fucking half the nobles in the city. That's way more interesting than a PG slaaneshi cult.
>>
File: Photo 19-04-2017, 15 51 27.jpg (95KB, 638x1091px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 19-04-2017, 15 51 27.jpg
95KB, 638x1091px
>>52785888
>>52785998

So based on these comments, I like the idea of her playing out performances in real life- a love potion roofie into the scions of two noble houses to go all Romeo and Juliet or full Barber of Seville, for example. This is pleasingly insane MO for an evil demon to goof around with.

An alternative is for her to go full Varys and start brokering secrets she's gleaned from her charmed victims (or *to* her charmed victims). But that feels more like a criminal syndicate thing than a demonic infestation thing.

Any other suggestions, /tg/?
>>
File: sgfddafsd.jpg (40KB, 822x646px) Image search: [Google]
sgfddafsd.jpg
40KB, 822x646px
>>52786122
Replacing the wif is cool.
Conceiving a child is a bit weird.
>>
>>52787243
Yeah, agreed that's why I decided against it- fun though having a cambion as a legitimate heir would be.
>>
File: e98c8d241f0ec3f7369bed074df8ab8a.jpg (153KB, 730x1074px) Image search: [Google]
e98c8d241f0ec3f7369bed074df8ab8a.jpg
153KB, 730x1074px
>>52786820
Of course if we're not going the 'manipulating nobles' theme, I could always go the 'Travelling Show' route, which would probably make for much less intrigue but a more interesting band of villains. But that feels like a more well-worn trope, though.
>>
>>52786820
Make her a minor character at best in each "performance," and have a large rotating cast that's in all of them to keep her from being too obvious. I'm picturing a large city whose politics and interpersonal drama all seems to pivot around one recently renovated theater. I'd have them come in, be hired by a few of these noble families for simple work unrelated to her whiles weaving in different plots like how tension is rising between two families or that that foreign nobles is starting to suspect his wife of infidelity. Have them be treated well. Give them gold and a home. Be generous. Give them a reason to care about what's going on in the city. Give them a home here. Then have shit start coming to a head all at once as multiple performances rush toward their climaxes in ways the pcs have barely any time to stop.

A profound tragedy where they are the stars of the show. Her gift to them, for her freedom.
>>
>>52785584
>The PC has since been ressurected
I stoped reading here.
>>
>>52792553
Thats so hardcore, senpai.
Now take your shitty unwanted opinion and shove it up your ass, edgelord.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.