[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arkham Horror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: arkhamhorror.png (369KB, 400x459px) Image search: [Google]
arkhamhorror.png
369KB, 400x459px
So I recently picked up the Lord of the Rings LCG from FFG as I liked the cooperative nature of the game, but I also noticed that this game exists. It seems really fun, and the gameplay seems to flow really well and promotes teamwork a lot.

Has anyone tried it? What did you think of it? Is it very different from LoTR LCG, or do they play similarly?
>>
>>52784790

Not sure how similar they are, although there are by the same designer iirc.

In any case AH pretty fun, although I had to wait for a reprint to get most of the Dunwich cycle stuff.
>>
>>52784859
That's the latest expansion, right?
How much does it change or add?
>>
>>52784879

5 new characters + all the other stuff + 2 scenarios just for the big box does add quite a bit of variety. You can even skimp on getting a second core if you don't mind proxying some of the higher lvl cards as lvl 0 ones.

So far, it's been a blast for the Dunwich campaign up til Blood on the Alter (the latest scenario and the mid pt as it were).
>>
>>52785065
So basically it's a good if not neccesary pickup

How far can I go with just the standard core box though?
>>
>>52785077

Just a single core? The base campaign is 3 scenarios (which does escalate in difficulty), but unless you are willing to proxy, playing at easy would be recommended with cards as-is.

Should be able to last an evening at least.
>>
>>52785168
What would be the benefit of buying more than one core, other than having duplicate cards
>>
>>52785232

All the non neutral cards are one-offs, whereas each investigator deck can have 2 of each particular card.

Other then having a 'full' playset, you can make multiple scenario decks at the same time I suppose?
>>
I only played a demo game of the LotR and Arkham LCG, but my impression was that they were pretty similar. Enemys and the 'evil' deck work pretty much the same, so does progressing the story or locations. Though the whole hero stuff (gaining resources, skills, etc) seemed noteworthy different. But again, my understanding of both games is pretty shallow, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
>>
>>52785334

Haven't played LotR myself, but I understand each deck is purpose built before each scenario, whereas for AH the player deck is more or less persistent with relatively minor changes/upgrades between scenarios within the campaign.
>>
anyone know where to grab a scan of the Curse of the Rougarou or Carnivale of Horrors campaign books?
>>
>>52784790
This was surprisingly fun and replayable. I've done 2, 3, and 4 player groups now throughout all the released materials, and the games are never boring.

4 players is scary as hell. Shit's always hitting the fan. 2 players was surprisingly less intimidating, despite the lack of skills in the party.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.