[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friends have shit taste and I need a system recommendation.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Faggot Example Board.jpg (155KB, 765x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Faggot Example Board.jpg
155KB, 765x1024px
So, it's finally my turn to GM in my group of friends. We've had five other campaigns, all with a different GM, which have gone epicly. Each time we voted for a premise and then tried to find a system to fit it (We used to only do pathfinder until one off shoot campaign freed us.)

Now the new guy in the group, which everyone seems okay with but me, has convinced the rest of them they want to play a survival gathering game. Knowing him, he wants to play tabletop minecraft but calling him out didn't change their minds. I'm not gonna be the ass-head to quit on the rest of my friends just to spite this guy, so I need some help from you guys on a system recommendation. Friends have some requirements, wants, and dislikes I'll list, hit me with anything that you think may fit. Thanks ahead of time.

REQUIREMENTS:
Needs magic or a power that isn't guns & blades or vancian.
Some sort of survival aspect built in or from a sourcebook.
Less than ~50 pages of rules for players.

Wants:
Balanced character options, no tiers of classes.
Diverse setting options, system could be used fantasy, technopunk, modern, etc.

Dislikes:
Not FATE (Long story)
Simple combat
Railroaded progression systems (Like that of D&D 3.5 and PF where you need to take levels in low hp classes for good spells as an example.)
>>
File: arthur-gurin-31.jpg (233KB, 714x1100px) Image search: [Google]
arthur-gurin-31.jpg
233KB, 714x1100px
>>52778576
Tricky. I'd go with Apocalypse World. Just reskin it as needed.
>>
>>52778576
gurps, just print it VERY small font to fit in 50 pages.
>>
Savage Worlds
>>
File: 8ad.jpg (421KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
8ad.jpg
421KB, 720x576px
>>52778576
>drawing on legos
>those shitty ass lines
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 20170413_170712_1492117663535.jpg (817KB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
20170413_170712_1492117663535.jpg
817KB, 1512x2016px
Is this a Legos thread now?

please?
>>
>>52778766
>hurr
You can easily play with well under 50 pages of rules.
>>
>>52778576
Mmmmmm... GURPS would honestly be perfect, but it's going to take a solid amount of work to get right on your end. It definitely fills all of the requirements and wants though.

Another option you could check out is Torchbearer. It's essentially OD&D with an explicit focus on Bear Grylls- it up.

If you guys like constantly cycling settings for one shots though learning GURPS would be well worth your time.
>>
>>52778604
>>52778766
>>52778894
>>52779081
We've almost done GURPS once until we decided to wait a bit to get used to palying not 3.PF. I remember thinking it looked awesome. Probably will finally get around to it. Thanks for the recommendations.
>>
Strike!

Got a thread up >>52772749
>>
Mutants and Masterminds 2e
>>
Savage Worlds, maybe.

GURPS, just hand the guys a copy of GURPS Lite.

I think Low Tech and After The End will be useful for the GM. Head over to the GURPSGEN containment thread, they have...basically everything?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.