[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is tiefling cavalier shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Motherfucking tieflings..jpg (39KB, 459x800px) Image search: [Google]
Motherfucking tieflings..jpg
39KB, 459x800px
So I have a female tiefling who I wish to be a cavalier and id like to know how stat wise that kind of thing would work out. This is pathfinder. The order I'm considering taking is order of the shield. Is it shit or would be relatively alright?
>>
If you have decent STR and CON I don't see why not. Same as any martial class.
>>
>>52777847
All Tieflings are demons. All demons are shit.

So ya....a tiefling cav would be shit.
>>
File: ctf.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ctf.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>52778293
>demon cavalier riding a demonic mount
>>
>>52777847
Could work worse. You'll need a Nightmare though for maximum A E S T H E T I C
>>
Well if your going evil then yeah. But I imagine it' pretty hard to get one of those anyway and I don't imagine my character would really want one.
>>
How much do you know about optimization and the game in general? As a concept any race and class combination works.
A like a dwarf, tieflings get -2 to charisma, which is the casting stat of a sorcerer. An elf has no adjustment on charisma. A human picks which skill gets a +2, which could be charisma.
The difference at level one between a tiefling sorcerer and a human one would be four stat points normally, which is equivalent to starting with two fewer spells. Luckily a tiefling has a racial ability specifically treating his charisma as two higher for sorcerer abilities, meaning his casting is as effective as an elf's would be. Meanwhile, all his skill checks and attempts to be something else, like a bard, are affected negatively as normal.

A tiefling having higher dex helps the with ride skill checks to stay on your mount, int will give you more skill points which you're average on, and the negative charisma doesn't hurt your handle animal checks due to cavaliers getting a boost. You are charging melee lance user, strength and health are king.

More than anything else, playing as a medium sized race will require you to generally use large sized mounts. The cavalier will need to invest the feats to get his large mount into places build to accommodate medium sized creatures. Gnomes and halflings are small sized, and can ride medium sized creatures. Remember, your large sized horse takes up 4 squares. Your distance attackers can be blocked by your horse. You'll at times be forced to dismount and leave your companion behind.
>>
>>52777847
If she looks that cute, anything is possible!
>>
Go with Pitborn Tiefling for the best spread on a STR/CHA martial and prime abyssal booty.
>>
>>52777847
Yeah, that should be fine. Basic Teifling Cavalier isn't an especially synergistic Class:Race combo, but you're hardly shooting yourself in the foot. Your bonuses don't really help you all that much, but your penalties don't really hurt you either.

What method are you using to determine your ability scores?
>>
Stats ---
You can use one of the two methods:
- Roll 5d6 dropping the 2 lowest rolls, 7 times. Discard the lowest of the 7 rolls. Assign the rest to each stat as desired.
- Use the stat array of 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, and 18. Assign each of these numbers to a stat as you wish.
You cannot choose the second method after you roll the first. It's either one or the other.

3). Level ---
Characters will begin play at level 10. All characters will receive maximum hit points at 1st level and a set amount of HP at every other level depending on their class HD. Drop fractions after totaling.
CLASS HD HP PER LEVEL
d6 4.5
d8 6
d10 7.5
d12 9
copy pasted right from the sign up post. ill get the second part of it.
>>
second part: 4). Traits ---
As per the Pathfinder rules. Characters will get two (2) traits for free at Character Creation. Traits must come from two different categories (i.e. a player may not have two "Magic" traits). Players cannot take traits from the various Pathfinder Campaign Paths, or 3rd-Party Traits. Players may not take drawbacks. The Additional Traits feat may be taken to gain extra traits.

5). Equipment ---
Characters start with 60000 gp for equipment and magical items. The costs for items are the standard costs in the PFSRD.
Characters with item creation feats may not make any magic (or mundane) items at character creation. Characters may buy whatever equipment they can afford (with the exception of cursed or intelligent items) but I will ban items that I consider overpowered. Only one stat-enhancing item per character.

I also have a chance of getting an extra free magical item if the gm likes my backstory that fits the backstory.
>>
>>52780608
That's a pretty decent array. I'd probably do 18 Str, 10+2 Dex, 16 Con, 14+2 Int, 10 Wis, 12-2 Cha.

I suppose, if you'd like to actually get something out of your dex bonus you could put the 14 into Dex instead and take mithral full plate.

Do you need help picking out gear? What kind of combat style are you planning on using?
>>
Well I'm considering maining a lance or polearm of some sort's as my main weapon. But I don't think I've got that down yet. Tempted to wait to see if I do end up getting a magic weapon for said backstory and then base what weapon ill decide to use off that.

I also have a feeling I might need some charisma if my gm actually use's my backstory and weaves it in game. Prefer to have a better chance at talking old friend down. Then just being able to easily strike him down.
>>
>>52780894
Well don't forget that you'll have an okay number of skill points and that Diplomacy is a class skill for you.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.