[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gods, Goddess and devils

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1485462649558.png (255KB, 438x277px) Image search: [Google]
1485462649558.png
255KB, 438x277px
So, I have been putting together a setting for the game I run in a pathfinder setting, I have a good set of ideas for The Greater gods the ones that are for Good, Evil, Law, and Chaos. But I need help fleshing out the lesser gods in the pantheons and I don't want to use the premade stuff
>>
>still making polytheistic settings
ugg
>>
It is more so cleric players feel like they have options and I like the idea of lesser gods.
>>
>>52776867
I've always like the way Thieves world handled gods.

>Gods are immortal, and powerful beings
>Each God lives in its own paradise plane (inaccessible to mortals and even other gods)
>Each god is limited to it's home plane, unless it focuses on a follower. This is the only means (other than an avatar summoning), that the god has of seeing or knowing what's happening on the prime plane
>The gods seldom directly speak to followers
>the gods are forbidden by "powers", from entering the prime plane (no exceptions)
>The god that loses all it's followers no longer has a connection to the prime plane, and slowly forgets about it, and retires away to his home plane, and lives forever there, with his dead followers...(basically on the prime plane, the god is dead at that point)
>gods can be greatly weakened by killing on of their avatars, so the gods seldom risk sending one

With that in mind, you can pick almost any 'theme' and make a minor god. Since the likelyhood of a god clash, is almost nonexistent.

A god/goddess of luck. A god of chance. A god of gambling. A god of bets. A god of challenges. A god of sports. A god of races. A god of cards. A god of skilled betting. A god of cons. A god of drinking games. All are fine in the same setting, because there's no 'clash' or overlap of the gods.

That's how I'd handle lesser gods. There would be thousands, but most people wouldn't even know who they are, since they're largely uninterested in our plane, as their home plane, is literally paradise to them.
>>
>>52778660
One of my fav was from the 2nd edition priest book.

God of ancestors.
>heavily pro-family
>hated undead
>priests spent a lot of time doing funerals and cleaning up tombs, etc

Minor god, that a lot of people knew about, or called upon for a blessing, but not really 'powerful'. At least not powerful compared to major gods
>>
If the four alignments are the major influences what what are the minor/lesser influences
>>
>>52778893
It would be the same axis, but to lesser degrees?

I'm not op, just guessing.
>>
>>52776906
spot the Abrahamic
>>
OP here, The Idea Is, "Once upon a time there were 3 gods, Representing Order in the cosmos, The ever changing ways of Fate, and Finally The god of life. These 3 gods ruled the (single at this point) plane of existence. But once the races of the world roused them selves from into a truly free thinking force they worshiped the god of life. Owing to him their very existence. Order seeing this as a disturbance in the way things were and Chaos wishing for things to change Joined forces to Split the god of life in two ever opposed forces. The first being good and the second being evil. This caused the material plane to shatter into the higher and lower planes of existence. Good and Evil Both see the material plane as their own and are for ever waging war in order to have it. But due to the unaligned nature of it are unable to do anything them selves and can only work through agents with in the material plane."

My Thought is that these 4 gods would be The greater pantheon and they would have lesser gods that followed each one, With different previews that allowed for more direct worship then just Good/Evil/Law/Chaos. I was hoping that People could throw out a few gods that they enjoyed, What good they would serve, and What their worshipers would do just to help with my creative juices.
>>
>>52779224
Follow the Alignment
Assuming all of the major gods are _____/Neutral make 4 lessers that cover the corners (LG, CG, LE, CE)

Chaotic Evil Sky God, Provider of Light, Water, and Storms

Chaotic Good Nature God, Providing Life and Many Dangers in it

Lawful Evil Death God
This too shall pass
>>
Steal some themes from Vecna and Ioun. Gods of Secrets and Knowledge.

I've always wanted to play a paladin or cleric of Ioun with alignment IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!
>>
Spot the Wonder God

Trevor, god of accounting

Kweppy Splax, mad god of fast food franchises. Taste of his glorious meaty haunches, sup at his cola blood and EXPAND!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.