[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 general /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 419
Thread images: 61

File: 1474095726444.jpg (509KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
1474095726444.jpg
509KB, 1200x899px
This Edition

>Actual Duncan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0PK8NOlvPg

>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xvgryrNiMFoLYiaX8o6Y-Q0q1GLRvwWnvbrSL7omZXo/edit?usp=sharing

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: When the gift is just right.png (718KB, 838x911px) Image search: [Google]
When the gift is just right.png
718KB, 838x911px
>>52769922
>cutting your Citadel Miniatures with your Citadel Saw
>>
>>52769922
2nd for dark angels
>>
>>52769968
some of the citadel tools are actually OK

the new hobby knife is full steel construction and full tang, which none of my cheap aluminum hobby knives can say. But is it really worth the 20 dollar price tag? That I am unsure of. If it was 10-15 I'd go for it for sure, because I like having nice tools.
>>
File: IMG_3373.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3373.png
1MB, 750x1334px
First for the Dark City! We sail for Commorragh!
>>
>Tau
>>
How do you deal with shockingly stupid people at you gaming venue?

The ones that seem to lack not only common sense but also basic knowledge required to function in society as well as being completely oblivious to their own hobby?

People that for all intent an purposes are three line NPC's
>>
File: ad mech.jpg (28KB, 400x407px) Image search: [Google]
ad mech.jpg
28KB, 400x407px
6th for the Omnissiah
>>
>>52770062
I don't even think they're bad. Incredibly overcosted, sure, but not necessarily bad.
But just for comparison, you can get a miniature saw from Armypainter for half the price of the one the GW costs. Same for the plastic frame cutter. GWs costs 26€, compared to 10€ from Armypainter, or the knife, which is a difference of 17€ just between those two companies.
If you really want them, that's fine and all, but it's just a fucking knife and a plier. There's not a lot of a difference, aside from the price tag and the look of the tools.
>>
>>52770352
Ignore their existence. If required, talk to them about it. You don't have to be hostile, just tell them what the issue is. If they don't understand how anything works, tell them they need to learn on their own so things aren't so hard for the people they're playing with. If it's social issues, just be straight forward but not in front of everyone, they just tend to lock up when put on the spot and rarely learn from it.

If it's not your problem then that's a good way to keep things, but if it becomes your problem then it's the same answer for like 90% of "how do you deal with" questions on /tg/.

Communicate.
>>
>>52770352
I only have one guy that bad, but unfortunately he's in our playgroup so he's hard to ignore. Best you can do is patiently remind him that yes, his marines are still BS 4 with Strength 4 bolters, same as the last 3 turns.

Outside of that though, he's fine.
>>
>>52770429
Communication is really hard when more than one sentence at a time results in a blank stare and "wut?" And then a repeat of the question/statement.

But yeah Ignoring them would be ideal, I just hope I don't draw him in the tourney pool.
>>
>>52770593
Then outright tell him if he can't understand communication then you're not interested in doing things. Alternatively it could be your communication and there could be easier ways to talk to him, but assuming he's actually that stupid then the answer is honesty about how frustrating it is to have to talk to someone like a child every few seconds. If he gets uppity then fuck it, let him know that he's different from everyone else, that no one else needs that treatment, and that it's his responsibility to deal with it. Otherwise you're just not interested in what he has to say.
>>
Dark Angels or Thousand Sons?
>>
>>52770537
It started off with just saying 4s across the board. Now it's just some gutteral noise that resembles it.
>>
File: 1484424012192.jpg (391KB, 963x786px) Image search: [Google]
1484424012192.jpg
391KB, 963x786px
NEWS

I NEED NEWS

GIVE ME NEWS ABOUT 8th EDITION
>>
>>52770719
It's going to be shit like every 40k edition. Fix something then proceed to fuck something else.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>52770740
>>
Angels of Absolution, Dark Angels, or Consecrators?
>>
>>52770829
Valhalla.
>>
>>52770884
>Wolfalla
>>
>>52770884
>Valhwolf
>>
>>52770884
>Valwolfa
>>
>>52770884
>Wolfwolfa
>>
>>52770829
Iron Wolf Angels
>>
File: 1491867347018.jpg (94KB, 798x445px) Image search: [Google]
1491867347018.jpg
94KB, 798x445px
>>52771038
>being an uncultured dog fucker
>>
File: latest.png (19KB, 870x870px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
19KB, 870x870px
>Maelstrom of Gore: +3 to charge and fleet
>Butcherhorde Detachment: free 2d6 move and reroll charges
>Violent Urgency: 3d6 pick 2 highest for charge
Fuck, are Berzerkers really that fast?
>>
Which PC game is more similar to this tabletop?
>>
>>52771291
All cracked out on chaos.
>>
What should my tactics be with a LR full of assault centurions?

Deploy close to the enemy and try to charge first thing I see? Or try to hide the LR in some cover until a target presents itself?
>>
>>52771315
Tabletop Simulator with mods, if you want the actual game experience. All other official games are far from how the tabletop plays, unfortunately.
>>
Why do people like Chaos? Don't you realize the Gods will torture you forever if you die?
>>
>>52771352
Independent game dev here, is there any interest in a single player "true to mechanics" 40k ripoff?

Obviously the setting/story would have to be legally distinct from, yet similar to 40k
>>
File: 1471713222214.png (129KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1471713222214.png
129KB, 500x375px
When will FW stop making 30k shit and bigger knights and go back to giving Xenos and other 40k stuff some love?!
>>
>>52771379
Well one of the reason I enjoy Hearthstone is that I don't need to travel to place in order to play. One of the reason I hate HS is because the meta turns to shit fast.

So maybe? But at the same time no.
>>
>>52771368
>if
There's your reason. Most think that if they can serve their chosen god well enough that they won't die, but will ascend to daemonhood. The reward outweighs the risk in their mind.
>>
>>52771379
I would buy it on Steam.
>>
>>52771411
Never, they have another 12ish books planned out for 30k. It sells.
>>
>>52771411
Warhammer 40.000 the number is not the year but the number of marines flavours you can play.
>>
>>52771415
>>52771428

What I envision is Xcom style commands, but applying to units (squads) instead of individual models.

My partner and I have been tinkering around with it in UE4, but it's far from a prototype.

I am a big fan of single player, so being able to actually use it for multiplayer is something far, far, far in the future.
>>
>>52771291
>not taking a Talisman of Burning Blood for three more inches of fast for charges AND MOVES

you have not even reached full fast.
>>
>>52771420
Except the torture thing is Imperial propaganda. Khorne and Nurgle fluff both state their Daemons are made from human souls.
>>
Has anyone uploaded the new audio-drama that's set after GS books?
>>
>>52770375
I feel like the construction on some of them are pretty good. From what I've seen of the tweezers for example, they are way nicer than the 4 dollar aluminum tweezers you might get at your local drug store.

Are they nice enough to justify paying three times as much?

I do want some nice solid steel tools though, so I'll have to find another manufacturer that makes them.

My greatest weakness is the mold line remover. People give me shit for even owning it but it is so useful and way faster than using the back of a knife. That tool is worth the price if you ask me.
>>
>>52771291
One positive thing about formations is that they do buff crappy units. They also, more often than not, buff great units too
>>
>>52771450
I would check it out. If you make a blog or tumblr do share.

Also I would check /agdv/. They seem helpful.
>>
>>52770697
Between traitors and loyalists, I'll take the Loyalists. They've got cooler Terminators anyway. Plus I like painting blue
>>
>>52771462
B-But I want to give the Axe of Blind Fury to my Juggerlord...
>>
>>52771450
Well make a Necromunda game or Delicius Heresy game.

You already have Mordheim city of the damn thingy. It is turn base but in this third top view person view thingy.
>>
>>52771504
I'll keep that in mind, I am more of the game design/coder. I am not good at selling or promoting the game.

Is /agdv/ a thread on /tg/ or is it a different board? I don't see it on the bottom.

>>52771513
>Delicius Heresy
If I had my way I would make it a single player campaign where you take on the role of a captain of one of the legion companies. It'd probably start off with one or two playable companies, but eventually one for each of the 18.
>>
>>52771487
The mold line remover is a decent tool, i just wish the tip tapered more so it fits into tight areas like a hobby knife can
>>
New to Warhammer. I see a lot of batreps where there are literally no blockages of any sight lines. Most have some very sparce terrain and armies can just stand back and fire away. Is this how the game is? I'd like to play if it were more mobile and tactics meant something other than making a strong gunline.
>>
>>52771636

They're playing the game wrong.
The board should have 3-4 large pieces of terrain that block Line of Sight in the centre.
>>
>>52771636
No, lots of cover is very much preferred!
>>
>>52771636
Its a boardgame bro. You can play with as much or as little terrain as you want.
>>
>>52771636
wait for the 8th edition they will probably (and hopefully ) change the rules
>>
>>52771554
It's a general on /vg/ for indies developers. People seem to talk about interesting coding things, engines, show progress and ask for rates, etc.
>>
>>52771490
Zerkers are about as bad as the vast majority of melee units in the current ranged meta. I suposse the formations are a band-aid until the assault phase gets buffed next edition.
>>
>>52771508
>Plus I like painting blue

Me too. It's why I chose Chaos
>>
>>52771554
Sadly you must travel to either /v/ or /vg/ for that. Their advice is okay, but since it's all anonymous be careful about how much you share in case some one steals your ideas.
>>
>>52771636
I'm honestly not sure what the actual rules for terrain are, but in my games we each take turns placing one piece of terrain. That way there is some gamesmanship to how the board is set up.
>>
So I've looked around as best I could but I've yet to find an answer. When do you need to declare your units are going to be in reserve. For example, if I wanted to DS some terminators would I need to say that when we go over our lists or could I wait until my deployment in case after seeing their army I wanted to just put them on the board instead?
>>
>>52771636
>>52771694
For my group, we usually just settle on a theme for the board and then fill up as much space as is reasonable. Lots of walls/rocks to block line of sight, lots of area terrain to get cover saves from.

Getting a really nice terrain setup isn't that hard
>>
>>52771662
when is 8th? Are there any rumors for new terrain rules?
>>
>>52771636
I would like to see some really dense cityscape, like the way Cadia is described, with loads of corners, corridors leading into traps, maybe some minefields and all that. But it would probably be a bitch to play.
>>
>>52771723
1) Not yet known
2) No
>>
>>52771723
rumor last night was that cover would modify ballistic skill rather than give another save.
>>
>>52771757
so it looks like shooting rules from SWA
>>
Alright so, I'd like to ask for some input on this for a store tournament coming.

DA CAD of:
Belial
A 5-man scout squad with a shotgun
A 10-man tactical squad with a heavy bolter and dedicated Rhino
An 8-man Deathwing knight unit
A Deathwing terminator unit with a cyclone missile launcher

Oathsworn detachment of:
Stock knight errant

And then a Dominus maniple consisting of:
A dominus with an eradication array and macrostubber
A 10-man unit of skit. Vanguards with three plasma calivers
An Onager dunecrawler with the Icarus array

My thoughts were for belial to either start with the knights in reserves or to start on the field with the terminators, for scatterless deepstrike in either case even if one's more limiting than the other. The troops and DW terminators would be used to attempt to control points.

Then the knight and maniple would hopefully handle vehicles, flyers, although the maniple is more there to guard the knight.

I need some holes shot in my thoughts, there's a lot of space marine/CSM, tau, with a few dedicated necron and imperial guard players.
May of forgotten how to format.
>>
>>52771757
Should I just dig out my 2E rulebook?
>>
>>52771513
Necromunda version of Xcom sounds fun.
>>
>500 to 1k point battles
>armies with diverse units from a single codex
>no real batshit OP units
>>
>>52771840
Doesn't exist
>>
Hey /tg/ I have a problem and you will help me solve it.

We played 40k today and we realized something, we weren't having fun anymore because anytime we play more than 15-1800pts one of the players gets almost tabled turn 1.
It would be easy to go "hey no more big guns/alpha strike scout bullshit" but most players in our gaming group love it shooty and we don't wanna take the big gun fun away from them.
Tell me, how do you deal with this problem ? It makes 40k annoying but I can't really see a way around this other than "roll invisibility and pray for going first" or removing certain weapons, as both are funkillers.
>>
>>52771509
Then bring another. There is no such thing as "too much chaos lords". Bonus: give him a jump pack to reroll failed charges
>>
>>52771877
stop playing this shit game.

More seriously, people are tired of almost getting tabled by OP weapons, but no one is willing to give up OP weapons.
>>
>>52771823
>>52771513
We don't have a blog yet, probably will start one by summer.
>>
>>52771877
Consider playing some Zone Mortalis
>>
>>52771877
Line of Sight Terrain.
Make sure a single unit cannot see the entire board
>>
How difficult is it to remove the corpse worshiping symbols from a loyalist Land Raider? They're surprisingly cheaper on ebay.
>>
>>52771841
Okay how about this?
>>
>>52771926
Yeah, that's the feeling we got. And also why I don't bring big guns
>>52771933
Well, I played a lot of inquisimunda, and I didn't like how you had to go too far into personalization, is it the same kind of game ?
>>52771947
Yeah, we already do that, but the problem is that the moment you get into LoS (e.g. you wanna play a choppy army) you're basically dead. Except if you have either a MSU like construction (which is not something very likable in dedicated choppy armies) or a very high threat saturation (which is only possible at higher point levels, and will have you face even more big guns)

I'd really love tougher units or nerfed guns for 8E, make it as unlethal as melee, so that we all get to actually play 4 phases instead of "put prescience on big gun, shoot big gun"
>>
>>52772000
I think the Aquillas and things are a separate bit, if you're talking about ones in the box. They're probably cheaper for not having the extra chaos sprue.

If they're already assembled, it should be easy to clip off and file down
>>
They Need to reboot 40K and forget a lot of their units in 8e or this game will be much of the same. The game can't survive at its current state. It's too bloated.
>>
>>52771709
usually people do it when they deploy, you leave the units you want reserved off the table

>>52771411
they didn't sell well is my guess or the 30k marines are such a huge profit they can avoid doing anything else for the next 50 years. shame they can't funnel that back into other projects

>>52771877
more objective games, bigger that blocks line of sight, don't deploy badly, don't put your expensive easy to kill units out of cover, force night fighting more often
>>
>>52771476
Lol yeah but not in a good way
The daemon is part of the god so it's like the mortal soul is trapped inside unless it's a daemon prince
>>
>>52772032
>is it the same kind of game ?

Zone Mortalis is a more standard large-scale game, though it's designed to represent fights that take place inside of space hulks, tunnel systems, hive warrens, things like that.

You pretty much set up the board to represent a network of thin, narrow hallways, with the occasional larger room representing a hangar or storage area with some crates interspersed.

There are some restrictions on units due to the size constraints, though it is also possible to have boards with a mix of Zone Mortalis area and normal map.

Depending on how many vehicles your group uses, you could simply have a full ZM board with infantry going out to grab objectives while everyone has one or two tanks defending their deployment hangar and larger hallways, or if there's a lot you can have a big central maze where most of the objectives are, and have a few fire lanes through it where the tanks can duel eachother or watch for units trying to cross.
>>
>>52770352

I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with these people on /tg/.
>>
>>52772041
Excellent, my thanks.
>>
>>52771823
Already one in the pipeline form the mordheim guys
>>
>>52771924
>jump pack
He already gets rerolls from the Butcherhorde detachment (or fleet if I include him on the MoG).

I was thinking about 4 squads of Berzerkers and a Juggerlord with AoBF for the Maelstrom, a Hellforged Warpack of 3 Maulerfiends and a winged Daemon Prince with the Berserker Glaive. All sanic fast, fluffy and killy.
>>
>>52772090
Objectives is the best we have come to so far, bigger guns often are on non-troop stuff, so it limits the shitstorm. The problem with this solution is that even though you usually end up winning or losing by 1 or 2 VPs you still don't get to have much fun, basically it becomes a "I'm in cover and I'll sit there forever" style of game, which gets boring fast.
>>52772113
Hey tha sounds fucking cool, where can I learn more about this ? Isnt it a purely sm/admech game tho ?
>>
>>52772156
Oh, yes ofc.
I like the idea of this list, even though I'm still salty that technochaotictechmarinestuff can't take bikes or mechanical juggernauts to follow their maulerfiends
>>
>>52772099
Actually the soul is completely erased and becomes the Daemon. You cease to be everything you were before, including your memories, and now are part of the host.

This is why Khorne inherited a martial honor from all the souls of warriors that form part of him. Daemons are just a bunch of emotionally charged souls slapped together and given a consciousness which is why they have different 'personalities'.
>>
>>52772200
>Hey tha sounds fucking cool, where can I learn more about this ? Isnt it a purely sm/admech game tho ?

Forgeworld has the rules for free, and it isn't tied to their Horus Heresy stuff. It works perfectly well with the 40k rules, and should solve the problem of long-range alpha strikes wrecking everything. It'll put more emphasis on watching angles and corridors and advancing for a good position, rather than just blasting everything to hell and then moving up.
>>
>>52772200
sadly this is true, even if you used tactical objective cards. maybe try swapping armies with people? tau play differently from admech or eldar, gives you a differet perspective
>>
>>52771877
My friends and I started messing with the turn structure.

We used an alternating activation system and it was actually really fun. Nerfs alpha strike and deep strike in one go, as well as jsj bullshit.

The game is slightly more cumbersome, but it feels well worth it.
>>
>>52772224
I know, right? I still wait for the day we get Codex: Dark Mechanicus. Maybe then we'll get more options.
>>
>>52771636
The big rule book states there is supposed to be a certain amount, but for logistical reasons this is rarely followed.

Bat-reps that use the correct amount of terrain end up looking weird because there are so few sweeping lines of sight.

Age of Sigmar has simple and structured rules for placing terrain because GW realized that otherwise Waac players will try for whatever amount and placement works best for them. You could adapt these rules for 40k easily enough
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-18-14-52-49.png (207KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-18-14-52-49.png
207KB, 720x1280px
>>52771709
Maybe if you, I don't know, read the rule book, you'd find the answer.
>>
>>52771667
Why would you recommend /agdg/ to anyone? Are you even a real aggydag?

It isn't a bad community actually, but they spend more time funposting than making games
>>
>>52772317
Why are few sweeping lines of sights bad for bat reps?
>>
>>52772272
Well, when we discussed that it came to us that it wasn't an understanding problem, we all understood the kind of game the others wanna play, it's just that we end up having to fudge rolls or make stupid decisions on purpose just to make the game even (e.g. I won't shoot your chaos lord this turn else it's game over for you). I'm glad we have that mentality but it's always a bit frustrating for both players to know that you can't play to 100%
>>52772280
Seems like a good idea, actually, but it's already so bloated, especially since some players still have to refer to books/codices every few minutes (I confess to not knowing my chaoslord statline off by heart, even though I prolly have more than 50 games playing one with the exact same loadout)
>>52772296
I want a chaos engineer on maulerfiend so fucking badly. It would look so awesome that even if the rules are shitty I'd play it
>>
>>52772399
even though it literally follows the rules on terrain placement, it doesn't mirror most 40k player experiences, so bat rep viewers don't like it, and the. The bat reps don't make money
>>
I'm pretty sure that there is some rule that you cannot get stacking bonuses to feel no pain from multiple sources of the same buff, but I can't seem to find it.

Context: The Acolyte Icon Ward for genestealer cults says

"Friendly units with the Genestealer Cult Faction that are within 12" of any Acolyte Iconwards have the Feel No Pain (6+) special rule. Models that already have the Feel No Pain (excluding any Acolyte Iconwards) special rule instead add 1 to their Feel No Pain rolls."

Obviously it doesn't stack for the units that don't already have FNP, so my hybids and neophytes are capping at 6+. But the aberrants start with 5+ FNP, and can be buffed to 4+ with the Icon Ward. Can it be further buffed to 3+ if within the range of a second Icon Ward? No, right?
>>
>>52772430
I don't even know what sweeping lines of sights mean. I don't play this game
>>
>>52772430
It may be more due to the fact that having that much terrain that blocks line of sight makes it tricky to see the entire battlefield at once and tell what's going on.

A nice empty field is great for watching the action, even if that action is just a bunch of Orks getting blown to bits while Tau sit in a corner.
>>
>>52771877
Stop playing Tau
>>
Does anyone have pics of good terrain setups, that encourage mobility instead of camping?
>>
New thread please
>>
>>52772427
Like I said, more cumbersome,but worth it.

Otherwise, limit people on what they can take. It sounds like people want to bring all the shiny toys out, but bitch when their shit gets leveled turn 1. Find out which units are the biggest offenders and ask them to leave them out for a game.
Ask people not to bring superheavies or gargantuan creatures.

One final option, which my friends and I used for an apocalypse game: mandatory reserves.

Each player starts with 500 points on the table, and can bring out 500 more points each turn (no reserve rolls). Killing all of someone's models on the table is only a victory if it is -all- of their models.
>>
How do you feel about Heavy Weapon Squads? I wanted to use 4 with an Aegis Wall.
>>
File: IMG_20170418_151119.jpg (197KB, 1115x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170418_151119.jpg
197KB, 1115x720px
>>52772560

This was the last game that I played. There was a good amount of terrain so moving from cover to cover was easy enough, and the tower with my Havoks in it couldn't hit the entire board due to LoS/Distance.

>>52772703
I love my Havoks. They're really great with Stealth.
>>
What is the Guard's answer to fast melee armies?
>>
>>52772752
concede
>>
>>52772752
Blocks of infantry loaded with flamers. Park your tanks behind them. If they charge the infantry they get buttfucked by overwatch, then they will rip through the guardsmen, leaving them exposed and diminished in front of some big cannons.
>>
>>52772752
blob up with priests/psykers and either stall them or drown them in bodies.
>>
>>52772752
Lines of guardsmen with flamers in front of your tanks.
>>
>>52772560
I don't have any pics, but generally when I game with friends, we'll place terrain pieces so it touches at the furthest edge of our deployment, and not directly in our deployment zones. We just decide on the deployment type before hand, easier to manage that way.

We'll leave small stuff like some barrels or sandbags in our deployment zones, but we place our bigger stuff towards the center to encourage pushing forwards.

Placing objectives towards the middle in an objective game also helps.
>>
What are good targets to charge with big heavy units like terminators or assault centurions?
>>
>>52772752
30-50 man squads with Priests, Flamers, Psykers on Divination and if you want, Power Axe sergeants.

Conscript blobs are the cheapest for it.
>>
>>52772490
Long lines of sight that reach a lot of areas - a big open space on a poorly laid out table
>>
>>52770062
Surgical scalpel does the same job
>>
>>52770829
It's literally a choice of color palette
you're forgetting the guardians of the covenant, who are the only based successor and actually get things done for the imperium instead of dropping everything anytime someone mentions a fallen
>>
>>52771411

Never. None of their shit sold well outside of being curios like the old superheavies or modern titans. Then in 2011 they randomly decided to recycle Badab War and old RT and 2E marine designs, which sold like crazy. This evolved into 30k which sold even more.

As a 40k Badabfag, I've resigned myself to 30k shit forever and even if FW makes another IA it's just gonna be 30k shit like Mechanicus or giant Riptides and Knights. They are never going to make 40k shit that is non giant xenos or non Red Scorpions marines. Just look at the next IA for proof. I'm just grateful I can use generic 30k shit and hope they make more generic models or black shields. Xenos are shit out of luck. If you don't play AoS, Tau Riptides, Knights, or a 30k legion FW is useless to you
>>
>>52771778
Why not take a DA CAD and a Feather g Strike Force instead of putting the terminators into the CAD? They'd get better formation rules that way. Though, you'd still need an HQ for the CAD then.
>>
>>52771368
I always thought when people started worshiping the Dark Gods they saw them as gods of Honor and Justice, Innovation and Hope, Family and Health, and Fertility and Love, respectively.

Then they find out the truth far after its too late to back out, kinda like Mormonism or Scientology.
>>
File: ALL OPTIONS.jpg (699KB, 1524x2688px) Image search: [Google]
ALL OPTIONS.jpg
699KB, 1524x2688px
I'm back from the dpeths of the last thread.

Which one of these is you favourite colour design for a 1:1 scale bolter?
>>
>>52771368
It's one of those things where in their time of need, the chaos gods listen.
>>
>>52773274
8 or 10, I'd say.

>inb4 new skub arises from this
anti-skub best skub
>>
>>52771411
Aren't they making a Skitarii versus Tau campaign book or is that just a rumor?
>>
>>52773337
FW selling anything but marine and knight crap anymore.
>>
>>52773337
It's an excuse to give AdMech (Cult Mech / Skitarii) access to tye 30K Mechanicus as well as write new rules for the older Tau FW.

>In short. New rules for existing models. Only new models are the YUGE Suits and Knights.
>>
>>52773237
The store's trying to follow ITC format with a three detachment limit, if it weren't for that I could probably do a strike force by removing belial and putting in a libby shaving points off the vanguard n' tacticals but that'd probably look more hare brained.
>>
>>52772484
I think it would have to outright say it could stack, like Flickering Fire
>>
File: Eye Of Terror growth.png (2MB, 1015x845px) Image search: [Google]
Eye Of Terror growth.png
2MB, 1015x845px
According to the latest lore, this is how far the Eye has grown. The Gothic Sector has been covered in the Eye like much of the areas nearby the Eye. The Eye is growing rapidly towards Terra, showing no signs of slowing down.

How does this make you feel? Can it be stopped? Where will the story proceed from here?
>>
>>52772752
Fix Bayonets
>>
>>52771450
Are you thinking of something similar to the scale of the Armageddon game by slitherine just without shitty hexes and xcom style combat?
>>
>>52773417
They literally need to active like 5 planets like cadia to push it back into oblivion
>>
>>52772880
targets that can't run away fast

>>52773337
might be vaporware but my money is we'll get that before plastic sisters
>>
>>52773447
I haven't played it myself, so I can't comment.

It would start out in small scale I'd imagine. Nowhere near the feel of an entire company at your disposal.
>>
>>52773454
Good luck with that. Abaddon destroyed all pylons between the Eye of Terror and Terra in his crusades.
>>
File: Laughing Necrons.png (126KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Necrons.png
126KB, 500x395px
>>52773417
>Abaddon stands before the Eternity Gate
>The Titans guarding it destroyed, by the immeasurable might of the Warmaster himself
>As Abaddon opens the Gate, he sees a golden figure
>Could it be? Has he been reborn?
>"Oh boy, almost forgot, since 8th Edition Reanimation Protocols are army wide, let me just roll quickly for the pylons"
>Natural 6 on all of them
>Daemons dissolve
>Chaos btfo
>Arms fall off
>Armless the Harmless forever
>tfw
>>
>>52773474
>targets that can't run away fast
So then should I try to target large vehicles? Assault centurions have armourbane at initiative
>>
>>52773417
>The Eye reaches Terra.
>Abaddon fights his way to the Golden Throne.
>Abaddon decapitates the Emperor.
>An explosion of light radiants in the Warp.
>No. It's not the Emperor, but one of his lost sons, Primarch of the 2nd Legion. A Demi-God that has ascended outright to Divinity. And he brought his sons (and daughters) a legion of golden light.
>It's Sigmar. He brought his Stormcast Eternals to join forces.
>40K is canned and folded into Age of Sigmar. As Sigmar becomes the next God-Emperor of the Imperium.
>>
Guys.
Is there even a white primer (not base coat like citadel) spray can that is recommended?

All I see is base coat sprays, polyurethane primers (not good on brushes) . .
>>
Had a 3k game today, I play Eldar so we tried to make it balanced: I took 1k Eldar, friend took 2k Grey Knights. Other guys took 1.5k Smurks and 1.5k Tau. Feel like it *would* have been close, they got first turn and had like twice the amount of models on the board. But we deployed so that they basically didn't get much shooting off first turn (they wiped a squad of regular wraithguard and a squad of 5 Dire Avengers off the board), then in our turn the GK player got lucky and fucking rekt shit up in the psychic phase: He killed a ghostkeel, the Tau commander, 3 crisis suits and 4 drones using a very lucky Vortex of Doom and Psychic Maelstrom, then we wrecked the rest of his Farsight squad, a vindicator, a pirhana and a tac squad during shooting.

They fought back well, took out like half my army and 2 squads of gk and got the Dreadknight down to one wound, but the damage from turn 1 was just too much and they conceded at the top of turn 4. Was disappointed, I was really rooting for them to win as most of my games have been kerbstomps because of fucking Eldar OPness. I dont even powerbuild, I play aspect heavy, but holy shit even the basic rules for Eldar are ridiculous. Our HB equivalent is S6 rending ASSUALT THREE holy shit. I'm really hoping we get a nerf in 8th, because it's just not fun playing with Eldar at this point. I got into the game about a year ago, and I've lost less that 4 games.

My favourite model has to be my Scorpion Exarch tho, he's never failed to make his points back. Just this game he solo'd a Hammerhead and a Predator, then took out half a bike squad. I'm just imagining this grizzled badass bearded motherfucker pissed off with all the poncy arseholes he's forced to share a craftworld with taking out his frustration on enemy armies, who shit themselves when they see what he does. I named him Aesahaettr, after the knife in the HDM books, because he seems to be able to cut through anything.
>>
File: primer.jpg (127KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
primer.jpg
127KB, 1200x1200px
>>52773537
Best you can find, local Home Depot/Lowes Walmart etc
>>
>>52772752
Sergeants are pretty great at melee for Guardsmen and you get one for each squad. If you get a big blob squad in combat your Sergents with power weapons can just waltz around screaming insults at enemy characters until they kill them in a challenge or die. Friends play Orks and Tau so I'm kinda lucky my guard always strike first.
>>
Okay, this is what I'm going to aim for. Gonna make all vehicles that I'll use (except the stompa) looted Imperial vehicles or scratch built.
Hopefully I won't get tabled on turn 2.
>>
>>52773564
Dont think they will have these in my country (EU), but still are the sprays from home depots appropriate for minis?
>>
>>52773609
>not taking a 'naut for your Flash Gitz
You deserve getting tabled.
>>
File: 1491895499581.png (203KB, 596x459px) Image search: [Google]
1491895499581.png
203KB, 596x459px
>>52773328
>being an anti-scub faggot
>>
>>52773622
You need an all purpose (metal, plastic) matte non texturized primer which is more than likely denoted by the label or the texture of the cap. I would get more than one type just to be safe.
>>
>>52773478
So really small then, ie companies, platoons, squads, and teams, rather than army groups, armies, corps, and divisions. That's interesting too.
>>
>>52773642
If you reply to that one at least reply to me too you fucker
>>
>>52773642
>can't even write skub
That's a skub faggot for ya
>>
Is Vassal Engine considered Heresy?
>>
>>52773622
We have the exact same brand in the U.K. so you might be able to find it.
Rustoleum get shit done
>>
>>52773642

What does paint water taste like?
>>
>>52773720
Wasted money.
>>
>>52773720
>he doesn't know what paint tastes like
>>
>>52773720
considering all the pigment in it? unfiltered dirty lake water. it's not gonna kill you (you'd need a ton more to do that)
>>
>>52773654
To begin with, yes. Feature creep is bad
>>
>>52773801
I definitely agree with that.
>>
File: 1489561535046.jpg (904KB, 867x1108px) Image search: [Google]
1489561535046.jpg
904KB, 867x1108px
>>52773417

Guilliman will fix it, even if he loses he can just go make another imperium, a better one
>>
>>52770352
Intense stupidity? The only thing close to it we've got at our game shop is this one autistic dude who is like savant level at painting models. Doesn't play any of the games he has models for, he just paints most of the day. If he runs out of models and you're around he'll sometimes offer to do yours too. It's pretty win win, but if you try and talk to him about anything else he sort of short-circuits and ignores you, like you don't exist. Then he'll go back to painting.
>>
File: Zoanthrope-0.jpg (98KB, 930x780px) Image search: [Google]
Zoanthrope-0.jpg
98KB, 930x780px
>>52773564
>>52773537

anyone more answers here?
>>
Hey lads, I'm a sigmarfag coming over to 40k and realising that I can't just run full fluffy lists at my store's 40k scene.

I chose skitarii/cult mech and I'm playing kill team with 5 Infiltrators and some Vanguard/Rangers to learn some basic rules.

How do I build a list? Is there some kind of a check-list I should go over? Anyone got advice for a new player who's fucking clueless.
>>
>>52773960
imagine if the zoanthrope turned that guy into a horny female in heat haha

wouldn't that be funny haha
>>
>>52773978
You fill out detachments. You can have as many detachments or formations that you can adequately fill.

The basic force org chart, the Combined Arms Detachment, has 1 HQ and two Troops, with additional spaces for 1 HQ, 4 Troops, 3 each of Elite/Fast Attack/Heavy Support.

Skitarrii and Cult Mech are different Factions so you can't mix them in the same Detachment, but you can just take multiple Detachments for each.
>>
>>52773986
actually they'd probably do that if they're aiding a genestealer cult. no clue why one would be doing that though.
>>
>>52773978
If you've got 5 infiltrators and at least 10 of Vanguard/Rangers (at least two squads of 5 of each or either), you've got a legal Skitarii Maniple there, which is like a Combined Arms Detachment for Skitarii, like >>52774022 said.
>>
>>52773986
haha what if they like tried to impregnate her haha

and then ate her after what if haha
>>
Noob question:

can I take guilliman in an army that uses ultramarine tactics or do I have to be using specificly an ultramarines army?
>>
File: swarmlord senpai.jpg (81KB, 600x879px) Image search: [Google]
swarmlord senpai.jpg
81KB, 600x879px
>>52774074
you're gonna wanna see this you colossal pervert.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Hivestrain_Azure
>>
>>52774069
>>52774022
Cheers lads, I'll try out some actual games soon. If I've got 5 Infiltrators, and 5 Rangers and Vanguard where should I go from there? I don't really know how much anti-tank, anti-infantry, anti-air etc I need.

My plans right now are get a Dunecrawler to have some armour, get some more Vanguard and then either another Dunecrawler with anti air or some Dragoons because I love the models. My original plan was a fuck ton of Infiltrators or Rust stalkers but they're too niche and expensive to justify taking more than 2 units really, I have to sacrifice too much for it.
>>
File: IMG_1360.jpg (81KB, 1000x878px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1360.jpg
81KB, 1000x878px
>>52774074
>>52773986
Why dream when we have this?
>>
>>52773417

Wait... Fenris was swallowed by the Eye?
>>
>>52774186
If you can afford to drop $75-85 get a Start Collecting Box. That'll give you 10 more skitarii vanguard/rangers, a Dunecrawler, and a tech-priest, which allows you to dabble in CultMech, and when you use the formation in the box you get some nice perks.
>>
>>52773481
Necrons have a few billions to spare
>>
Blood Angels or Grey Knights, which do I pick and why?

I like Space Marines and I like assault.

Both armies look awesome in their own unique way so no issue there.

Blood Angels seem to be more about speed and massive amounts of dice.

Grey Knights are fewer, more elite and focused on daemons but capable for killing pretty much anything.

I can't really decide between the two and I can't build and paint both at the same time.

Help.
>>
>>52774217
well it was already mostly tzeentch corrupted.
>>
>>52774266

Yeah, but it's home to a popular army...
>>
>>52774217
Not yet but probably, remember that they have the "Fenrir will devour everyone " legend, on the good side, Leman Russ will come back
>>
>>52774283
well that popular army and a certain popular guard regiment can learn to play while being refugees.
>>
>>52773978
>How do I build a list? Is there some kind of a check-list I should go over? Anyone got advice for a new player who's fucking clueless.
if you mean a legal list,its the same as aos-players handbok. meet the requirements and point allotments.

if you mean an effective list, thats a whole other animal. basically you have 6 different types of targets against which you should have some answer:
-masses of weak infantry (guard...)
-smaller number of hard infantry mostly with good armor saves(SM)

against both volume of low-strength fire is ok, however good guns (i.e. anything with Ap3 for space marines or Ap2/1 against terminators etc is far superior)

-large amount of light vehicles(rhino, chimera...)
you need high rate of medium (s6-8) fire ap is rather irrelevant

small amout of hard vehicles(land raider, leman russ)
you mostly need really big gus (S9-S10) to even hurt them

-bigger monsters(riptide carnifex wraithknight)
you need weapons with both high strength to wound them and Ap3/2 to get through their armor makin them the tough cookies

-flyers (nightscythe, razorwing..)
can only be hit on a 6 but usually have rather weak armor so you need a high rate of fire

keep in mind certain special abilities negate the neededlist
especialy (skyfire against flyers; poison against monsters; lance,armorbane melta,haywire against tougher vehicles)
other than that its mostly start small and learn. the game is far more complex than AoS as you often have close to no chance to even hurt a target.

Oh and there are often melee weapons that help much (melta bombs, powerfists) that make even a lousy seargent a threat for bigger things.
>>
>>52774300
They are not Sigmarines! Sorry Ultramarines!

So they are shit in the eyes of GW.

Mark my words GW games will be nothing but Ultramarines vs Evil Marines
>>
>>52774349
>Mark my words GW games will be nothing but Ultramarines vs Evil Marines

I feel bad because my primary army is IG but my secondary army is CSM so even if IG goes the way of the Dodo I guess I have a fall back.
>>
>>52774236
Good shout anon, I'll grab that next. I'm just slightly pissed that I've gotta drop more money for the cult mechanicus codex too, but I want those damn smurf-priest bastards.
>>
>>52774454
>'ve gotta drop more money for the cult mechanicus codex too, but I want those damn smurf-priest bastards.
dont
use the mega link

chances are, with the new edition they will be useless. noone really knows.
>>
>>52774312
Ok, thanks anon.

I've got anti air covered with my Dunecrawlers and enough Haywire shots to blast a mountain apart with my army.

The high strength stuff all seems to be melee so I guess I'll have to learn to use cover. I might be fucked with the Space Marines stuff but I'm sure as I learn my codex I'll find the right unit for it.

Thanks for the help anon, that makes the whole process so much easier for me now I know what I need.
>>
>>52773417

kek Mordia

another IG regiment bites the dust
>>
File: 20140318_203012.jpg (969KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20140318_203012.jpg
969KB, 2560x1440px
INB4 8th edition nerfs Ork shooting into the ground, and buffs Eldar shooting to the stars above
>>
>>52774487
Alright, I guess I can get away with it until 8th. A group of my friends plays in a GW store sometimes so I'm sure I'll eventually have to grab one but hopefully we'll get a combined codex in 8th rather than this mess.
>>
>>52774520
Home made terrain always looks like shit.

I never have understood why people can spend all this money on models but then their gaming tables and terrain look awful.
>>
>>52774613
This is looking fine IMO.
>>
>>52774243
Grey knights are better as an allied army than a solo force, their reliance on armour saves, that are too often ignored due to masses of ap2, is sad.
>>
>>52774520
How would they make Eldar even OPer?
Mutually Assured on everything? Exarch squads?
>>
>>52774683
>>52774683

Always strike first
>>
Does anyone know when Fires of Cyraxus is supposed to drop?
>>
>>52774683
>>52774520
Intiative gives modifiers to shooting.
>>
>>52771877
You see this fucker? See how stupid huge it is?
Buy it or build a replica and plop it right in the middle of your table. Line of sight: Totally blocked. Now completely surround it with GW city ruins or some close equivalent. Maybe have two clear lines of sight so the Vanquishers and Shadowswords get to control a route of advance, but everything should be able to find cover or concealment during the deployment phase.
>>
>>52773337
Yes, it's IA14 Fires of Cyraxis.

It's going to be Admech fighting Tau on a string of moon bases. It's going to be giant robot and battlesuit fights, and it's going to be awesome. I forget the fluff reasoning behind the campaign setting.

Supposedly it's delayed for 8th ed conversion reasons.
>>
>>52773609
Why do i get the feeling that the reason why the orks get such a bad rep is because the people that play them make the stupidest army lists with very little understanding of the codex and ork tactics.
>>
>>52774976
that's a part of it. the design of the book and decurion leave much to be desired
>>
I think I might write a Sisters story. For fun.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (61KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
61KB, 500x482px
>>52774963
>I forget the fluff reasoning behind the campaign setting.

Tau invade admech planet(s) thinking they'll be easy pickings but admech has all their shit underground. They open up their vaults and let loose. Red Scorpions arrive too with more HH era stuff in their army than any CSM army for some reason.
>>
>>52774504
RIP wheelcaps.

>Mordian Iron Guard

So if IG plastics were redone in Armageddon Steel Legion, how stoked would you be, /tg/?
>>
>>52773417
Source? Since there's nothing about fenris getting swallowed up anywhere
>>
>>52774976
Well even the helpoung aids like battlescribe have a bunch of errors, some thing even cost more.

And let's be fair all Ork rules are a mess, bloated with useless rules.
Here is an example:
Flamer is 5 points for everyone.
Ork Flamer is 15, same S4 Ap5, but wait it can be use in Melee as power sword but only if you don't use it before charging.
To the thing is either a 15 point Flamer or a 15 point power sword, mind you the Ork is I2, S3 (maybe 4 for one turn) and with a 6+ save.
>>
>>52775077
>gee what's in here
>whoa, badass robots!

>LOLMALIFICA
>>
>>52770829
out of those? Consecrators.
>>
File: YarrickPortrait.jpg (48KB, 510x373px) Image search: [Google]
YarrickPortrait.jpg
48KB, 510x373px
>>52775081
Lets just say I'd need new pants, underwear and a new desk.
>>
>>52775077
So AdMech open the vaults full of evil machines and some how Tau doesn't get to face the horror of evil AI or even single scrap code demon virus?

Shame I'd love to see Tau facing true techonooligica horror and seeing how their technology they depend so much turns against them.
>>
File: 1461447538890.gif (2MB, 1722x1720px) Image search: [Google]
1461447538890.gif
2MB, 1722x1720px
>>52775144
I want to see Tau go against this guy.
>>
>>52775209
i would ask if Scoria was still alive but it's damned hard to kill that guy
>>
>>52775144
I've often wondered by some Warpsmith doesn't send a little scrapcode their way. They could take over the entire Tau Empire in one night.
>>
File: 1386110554322.jpg (90KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1386110554322.jpg
90KB, 800x600px
>>52775077

What model is that? Looks like the same vehicle used in these conversions, which I've been trying to identify for a while.
>>
>>52775289
Same reason they haven't done it to necrons, eldar, orks or any other non-human faction.
>>
Any Deathwatch players around ? I'm assembling my own DW army and want to include some Ordo Xenos elements but can't really decide what would work better: actual Ordo Xenos from codex Imperial Agents or Scions modeled as Inquisition with the Commissar using an Inquisitor miniature as a proxy.
>>
File: 1437565708753.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1437565708753.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>52775144
>>52775209
>mfw drones start killing firewarriors, suits lock their occupants inside and shut down life support, hammerheads blow holes in the now immobile suits and stormsurges blow away tau by the thousands with no cover thanks to marker light drones.
>all while Admech is like "01001001 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110010 01101110 01100101 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110101 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100001 01101001 01110010 00100000 01100010 01110010 01101111 01101101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100100 00101110 00100000 01001001 00100000 01110100 01101111 01101100 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100111 00100001 00100000 "
>>
File: 6199851464_1d739e03a3_b.jpg (489KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
6199851464_1d739e03a3_b.jpg
489KB, 1024x768px
>>52775289
>>52775144

>imperial/chaos code infecting superior Tau AI

laffo
>>
>>52773531
I truly hate you for even thinking of such a scenario
>>
File: what.png (261KB, 634x652px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
261KB, 634x652px
>>52775339
>01001001 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110010 01101110 01100101 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110101 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100001 01101001 01110010 00100000 01100010 01110010 01101111 01101101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100100 00101110 00100000 01001001 00100000 01110100 01101111 01101100 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100111 00100001 00100000
>I warned you about the air bromeland. I told you dog!
>Bromeland
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (49KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
49KB, 500x371px
>>52775308

Well, ain't it your lucky day then

Those are pretty neat conversions too
>>
>>52775391
>>
File: nM7kqctr.jpg (188KB, 1439x1374px) Image search: [Google]
nM7kqctr.jpg
188KB, 1439x1374px
>>52775391
>>52775513
>>
>>52775091
Eye of Night part 2 (aka Greyfax and friends adventures). Reports say that the Eye is rapidly expanding and that it has expanded to cover nearly all the Gothic Sector.
>>
>>52775577
Yeah okay it's taken the gothic sector
That is bullshit extrapolation to say it took all those other areas
Remember it's gav Thorpe so he probably threw in gothic sector going to the eye without thinking through the larger implications
>>
>>52775356
Tau tech is one butt mad AdMech or DarkMech away from doom.

Talking about plot armour of an anime protagonist
>>
>>52775289
Anti virus software
Also drones are networked / cell structure so the infection is isolated and cleansed
>>
>>52775513
>>52775576
explain
>>
>>52775772
I don't think you understand what "scrap code" is, not what network is.
>>
>>52775748
The Eye primary path of growth towards Terra. Mostly The Eye is following Abaddon's Crusade. So the Eye would have expanded south more greatly than on the side ways.
>>
>>52775809
Neither does GW writers.

Atheists - 0
Space marines - 1000 per chapter
Dozen - 12
Aun'vas hologram - 1
>>
How to counter a Culexus as Thousand Sons? No daemons.
>>
Does GW have 'lore masters' or equivalent in their employ? Like a dude (or maybe dudes) who knows all there is to know and who writers and staff can direct lore questions.

Or do the writers just educate themselves and then start writing?
>>
>>52775824
But anon it is 2017, T H I C C is the politically correct thing to do. So the Eye expanded to the sides more.
>>
>>52775846
Shoot it until it dies.
>>
>>52775846
Pray to Tzeentch.
>>
>>52775846
Ram it with chaos spawns?
>>
>>52775853
They have the IP manager (and his editor underlings) and a fluff bible.

BL writers are usually given codexes and related novels to act as their source material.

But due to laziness and miscommunication between all three of GW's firms, mistakes tend to happen in writing the lore.
>>
>>52775867
Don't have that much shooting.
>>52775881
Fug
>>52775899
Don't have any, but I do have maulerfiends.
>>
What if we gave a Universal Rule where Infantry units could go prone equal to their bases height? They could actually be out of LoS for shooting purposes but for assault purposes they're standard pose is used. Drawbacks would include not being to shoot the turn you go prone and all movement (move,run,charge) has a -1 inch modifier on it for the next turn.
>>
>>52775853
Probably they just research themselves, I mean just look at some of the works by CS Goto
>>
>>52775909
>But due to laziness and miscommunication between all three of GW's firms, mistakes tend to happen in writing the lore.

I think there's about a dozen different quotes from BL editors and authors saying, "there is no canon, everything is canon" which is a cute way of saying "lol lore mistakes aren't our fault, its designed to be that way"
>>
>>52775982
> "lol lore mistakes aren't our fault, its designed to be that way"

More like:

"Fuck it! Why even try creating a consistent Canon when comic books have already demonstrated that having this many authors work on one universe inevitably leads to retcons anyways?"
>>
>>52775929
You mean like Going to Ground?
>>
>>52775982
http://www.trackofwords.com/2017/02/11/black-library-there-and-back-again-with-laurie-goulding/

It's just their opinion. ADB and LG have described the Chaos between the firms. ADB thinks it's a feature while LG disagrees.

Currently GW is trying to fix it. Try reading the interview above.
>>
File: thats funny.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
thats funny.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>52775853
wait, you think GW fact checks their work and has some kinda consistency?

>>52776010
my favorite excuse is The Changeling writes the in universe lore
>>
>>52775853
Used to be Merrett - and he was responsible for some of the shitty decisions like Nikea being no psykers etc because he was jealous of Priestley being the origin of the 40k background
I think Jes Goodwin is the new one but not sure
>>
>>52776040
>my favorite excuse is The Changeling writes the in universe lore
This is fucking great, I'm adopting this.
>>
>>52775929
Prone: any unit with the type 'infantry' can go prone. If it chooses to do so, it can not move, run or assault. It gains +1 ballistic skill and +1 cover.
However the following rules are applied: all models now have a facing (the direction of the front of the model. If there is question as to which direction the model is facing, use the orientation of its head. If the model is a 2 troop model, choose one troop to represent it) the model can only shoot things within a 45 degree arc in front of it (this includes overwatch). If a unit is charged while prone, all models in the charged unit fight at initiative 1.
>>
>>52775912
>>52775853
Hit him with as much strength 8+ shooting as you can and get lucky.
>>
>>52776137
Yeah my problem is that my list does not have that much shooting. I got 2 rubric squads and a scarab occult squad. My power is almost 100% through the psychic phase, so he can fuck me up, it's a hard counter.
>>
File: bullgryn.png (183KB, 620x324px) Image search: [Google]
bullgryn.png
183KB, 620x324px
I really fucking like Ogryns, I want to take some in my list.

What ogryn variant is best and why? What number should I take and what should I go for? I was thinking 5-6 with power mauls and a priest.
>>
>>52776025
They spend 90% of their time on twitter or going to conventions - so if some new writer fucks o the canon at a major level it's usually too late to fix it since they have left a spot in their schedule for that book
That Shadow Hunters book was pulped because of some dumb American bitch using the same name - I've read the leaked ebook and whilst good it had some big lore failures and that's in a book signed off for printing
>>
>>52776247
Shield+Maul, make a giant squad of the fuckers with 3 priests, put them in a Stormlord and assault shit!.
>>
>>52774613

ur a pleb

this actually looks better than the flimsy thin plastic over-detailed GW 40k buildings.

I'm not saying it couldn't be better but holy shit being creative is part of the hobby. Not everyone can afford to play on $500 worth of scenery.
>>
>>52776040
They don't even fact check their rules.
FAQs of FAQs from previous FAQ, is a thing.

That anon is deluded.
>>
>>52776247
shield and maul and your retards will beat down quite a lot
>>
>>52776403

Every table having the same official GW terrain is boring anyway.
>>
>>52774613
What's wrong with it, genuinely curious here?
>>
>>52774683
giving the guardians ap 2 naruto cannons. with free power swords, WS 5, W2, I 7
and cheaper phoenix lords and unlimited psyker abilties
>>
>>52776247

Unfortunately, ogryn usefulness is inversely proportional to their aesthetics. Grenade gauntlets and big shields are fairly good, offering both counter-assault and defending other units from shooting. Clubs and little shields are decent for close combat. Ripper guns are fairly shit and don't compete well with other choices available. Club and big shield isn't actually legal to play.
>>
>>52776630

If I were to guess it lacks detail and the chaos weapon barrels are look kind of out of place.

Also you can tell its styrofoam and its not painted that great.

but whatever it still looks playable and I wouldnt complain about playing on it.
>>
>>52774503
well skitarii infiltrators with taser goads are quite powerful in close combat
vanguard have the radiation poisoning passive thing for close combat and their weapons can do additional wounds that ignore toughness
a transfuric arquebus is really stronk but is quite expensive so only take it if you need it
as for cult mech kastelan robots are pretty stronk and kataphron destroyers are stronk as well
>>
>>52776865
It just looks like store / club terrain to me, made in bulk and for a lot of people to handle. I know I'd have no problems playing with it.
>>
>>52776247
I love them too. I want to use them more but every time I do, they don't do much. They are expensive. Basic Bullgryn give good cover to Lemans but you also give your opponent cover from the sponson guns so I like to keep the Lemans mostly bare with just camo netting or use the ordnance variants.

Power Maul and Brute Shield Bullgryn are nice but slow. I like to use a Psyker with Biomancy. If you roll up endurance you will make them extra tough. They do okay in assault as they can wound most things easily. Still way too expensive.

I've wanted to the Rampart Detachment so bad, but its expensive.
>>
"veteran" player from 5th ed here. Didn't play since 6 years.

I've heard 8th edition is about to drop, any information on when this will be and what the rumored changes are?
>>
Pretty sick animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkj8KmxYpkQ
>>
>>52777038
This is all we know about the next edition

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/23/warhammer-40000-news-from-adepticon/

It will probably come out during summer, either before or after the global campaign thats going to happen around that time is my guess.
>>
File: 612px-Robute_Guilliman.jpg (61KB, 612x599px) Image search: [Google]
612px-Robute_Guilliman.jpg
61KB, 612x599px
So I may be retarded here since I'm not into the books but what is the book called that details the exact awakening of Papa Smurf?

Or is it not out yet?
>>
>>52777038
Simply ing the game.
Getting rid of AP for save modifiers.
Getting rid of unit types all together, getting rid of vehicle rules
Swapping panic and moral for AoS type battle shock system.
>>
>>52777103
Gathering storm 3 rise of the primarch
>>
>>52777134
Is a rule book or is it the story?
I'm not into the rules I just want to read Guilliman being a badass.
>>
>>52777161
A good like 3/4ths of the book is story, the rest is rules.
>>
>>52777045
That's one of the most cringe-worthy animations I've ever seen. Absolute trash.
>>
>>52777161
Girlyman fall into traps faster than teenager looking at Asian girls in the internet.
He also got rescued by cypher. Yes a Primarch was basically a helpless princess in another castle
>>
>>52777202

>/r/reddit
>>
>>52775846
drown him in tzaangors
>>
>>52775846
Use flamers.
>>
>>52777038
>"veteran" player from 5th ed here
4e faggot here
the only thing i know is they are dropping AP for Armour modifiers and likely dropping to hit and to wound tables for flat rolls
basically it's going into AoS.
sucks too because guard going to get worse.
Orks are going to get better because the AoS assault rules.
I'm worried my admech stuff is going to get tougher but also easier to wound.
likely less grave weapons now
>>
>>52776247
Don't report me I'm unironically posting my Ogryns because they are in fact awesome. I ended up getting these old ass metal sculpts for $40 total from my local and hate how useless they are despite looking so cool.
>>
>>52777376
>And are likely
Stop. Please. It's people like you who's words get twisted and jumbled around whenever people post news.
>>
>>52777376
>likely dropping to hit and to wound tables for flat rolls
>basically it's going into AoS.

As far as we know no, its not going to have those things. Unless you have a reliable source thats not your ass.
>>
is it bad I wrote an edition of 40k a couple of years ago and never finished the codicies because everyone hated it?
>>
>>52777474
>is it bad I wrote an edition of 40k

cringe
>>
>>52777474
it's okay GW, we forgive you for doing something you enjoy even if it is terrible because we still think fondly of 40k
>>
>>52777502

how is that cringe?
>>
>>52777517
Autistic.
>>
>>52777528
>Autistic

cringe
>>
>>52777377
>SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME THE WORLD WAS GONNA ROLL ME
>>
>>52777528

how is it autistic wanting to make a version of a game more enjoyable for people?
>>
Walking into a tournament next week, first time I've ever actually played the game, wasn't aware my small town even had a 40k community until recently
Spent my time just building and painting an army based off of models I liked so I don't have that good of a list

I'm aware I'm going to get completely decimated considering the competition includes a pretty scary looking cult mechanicus list and two eldar players each fielding a wraithknight

Any tips for how to approach this, taking the whole loosing can be fun approach I'm just glad to be able to finally play the actual game
>>
>>52777458
It's from the ass.
what i remember bring told is that they were planning on streamlining the game to remove some of the bloat that 7th accrued.
At the time i figured that would be trimming the ally and the flier crap but having actually met people who didn't understand the melee to hit table i won't be surprised if thy go that route.
Now again with a grain of salt, like everything on this chinese cartoon board.

>>52777377
it's quite a shame.
but they are mostly melee units in a time where melee mostly sucks
especially with that low I, low SV and medicore WS and while marines are a big part of the game
>>
>>52777600

>he's so autistic he can't see how autistic his behaviour is

cringe
>>
>>52777548
>cringe

Cringe
>>
File: 1850 SW.png (196KB, 893x974px) Image search: [Google]
1850 SW.png
196KB, 893x974px
>>52777641
figure posting my army list might help too,

posted this a while ago and everyone recommended a droppod for the leviathan, ordered one but with how slow shipping is to get to where I live there's no damn way it's going to get here on time, I guess my best bet would be to gun line the dreadnoughts while fighting tooth and nail to capture and camp the objective points
>>
>>52777644
Ogryn and Bullgryn seem to be priced high because of their T and W. They are about 15 points too expensive for what they can do. If it cost 160 points for 5 Bullgryn I think they would be taken more. 185 for 5 plus a Priest would be worth it.
>>
>>52777641
it's cut throat tournament, what's your list? otherwise have fun

i did a tournament once went 1-1-1 and ended up 8/10 with my daemons.

>>52777773
it's like looking into the past at 5th
>>
>>52777866
>it's like looking into the past at 5th
how so?
>>
>>52777717

okay champ whatever you say.
>>
>>52777773
I'd like to ask what site you're using for this list
>>
Why are Iron Warriors the most popular Chaos legion? What is their appeal?
>>
>>52777967
>Why are Iron Warriors the most popular Chaos legion?

Citation required
>>
>>52777644
I can't be the only one who likes the complexity of the current edition. Simple games are boring.
>>
>>52778003
It's by far the most mentioned legion in any forum. Death Guard is almost exclusively played by Waacfags.
>>
What traitor legion rules would best work with a Red Corsairs themed army? Also, any recommendations on how to build the army around Huron to be the most effective? At the moment, I hold a Helbrute and 2 squads of Chosen that I usually infiltrate. What are some of the better CSM units to infiltrate with?
>>
I want to makr a fan chapter
How do?
>>
File: bols-dp-0344.jpg (230KB, 1024x642px) Image search: [Google]
bols-dp-0344.jpg
230KB, 1024x642px
>>52778035
>It's by far the most mentioned legion in any forum. Death Guard is almost exclusively played by Waacfags.

Citation required.
>>
>>52777967
They're the only undecided legion that's had legitimate power lists mostly made up of space marines.
>>
>>52778061
T6 FnP 3+ bikes ring a bell?
>>
>>52778004
Current edition isnt 'complex', its complicated, its full of bloat and rules that are there to be ignored by everything or just there because its been in the ruleset for ten plus years, it sucks and it needs a full revamp.
>>
>>52778004
>complexity
top kek
bloat =/= complexity
2nd sustained fire rules were complex, 7E just has lots of shit if which verylittle is actually viable. The system itself is straightforward as fuck (this is a good thing), but has too many steps to follow that add basically nothing and too many rules that simply don't work and create a framework that massively reduces the amount of viable options availabe.

At their heart, 7E rules are simple and elegant, and closer to a "great" version of 40k than any other Edition, but 7th gets bogged down with so much shit that was tacked on it ends up less fun than any other Edition.
>>
>>52778039

>Write fluff about chapter
>Realise marines are boring as shit
>Play IG instead
>>
>>52777901
no thunderwolves, no flyers, longfangs, no formations, scouts.
>>
getting 200 in tax returns... well a little more. Was considering getting a battleforce box from my local GW store. I already own tau but they have battleforces for just about everything but space marines. What army should I invest my peasant money into?
>>
>>52778103
>marines are boring
That's false though. Every faction, every army is as boring or interesting as you percieve them to be. I love marines, and I love guard, and I love AdMech because I find them all interesting with decades of fluff and art put behind them.
>>
>>52778176
You can't do much with a faction that are programmed to be heroic and be the very best that no one ever was.

They get boring fast, and I fucking play them, even freehand the shoulder pad icon on each one of my 100+ marines.
>>
>>52778142
Dank Angels or World Eaters. Gives you a taste of what melee is like. DA give you a good mix of melee and shooting, whereas WE give you massive melee ability.
>>
>>52778136
I plan on using the Ancients of the Fang formation once I get a third dreadnought and an iron priest (Rerolls to hit in CC for the dreads, IWND when within 6" of the priest, stubborn for nearby troops)

But otherwise there really aren't any formations I plan on using for now
>>
>>52778222
>Nothing can dissuade the Angels of Redemption from their mission to hunt down the Fallen. It has been noted that the Chapter has, on occasion, withdrawn from a campaign in order to pursue their own undisclosed ends. It was at the height of the Defence of Gaitlinghive that the Angels of Redemption redeployed at the moment of the Orks' final assault, leaving seven brigades of Gaitlinghive militia alone to face an Orkish horde three million Greenskins strong. The Unforgiven had embarked upon a hunt that led them to capture a Fallen Dark Angel. To them, this victory was well worth the lives of the Gaitlinghive militia, as well as the millions of civilians the had fought to protect. The Angels of Redemption were never called to account for this act, as there were no survivors to press any formal inquiry.
Doesn't sound very heroic to me.
>>
>>52778176

I played marines before I was into Imperial Guard, and got bored of them.
Every IG player here played marines at one point before.
>>
>>52778305
Because those are Traitor marines anon.
The TS are more loyal than the DA.
>>
>>52778103
I meant for fanfictions and narrative based battles with friends.
>>
>>52778004
you ain't, i don't agree with you because there are somethings that need to be culled and somethings that need expansion.
Frankly i see it like unnecessary bloat because of the whole focus on formations and allies and shit.

You want to know complex. Try all the tables in RT. if you were suitably enthralled you could spend hours rolling up demons, patrons and weird things for say a chaos champion or in later early editions you'd have shit like army restrictions limitations on rhinos of assault squads for certain bonuses and by cobbling these things together you could make an army fit your play style and enjoyment.

your army had a little bit of individuality to it but i digress

No matter how you feel, there is a lot of bloat around the flier region.
Shit like formation flying, dogfight phase and shit like that where all you really need is, let them operate as skimmers that are harder to hit.

>>52778176
marines are boring because most folks play them and most folks have played as them.
their tactics are very vanilla and effective and they take reasonably little skill to use effectively starting off
>>
>>52778337
Marines are the standard starting army, used for learning the rules and such. This is obvious.

GW Should have more ig fluff so people will leanrn that the game is meant to be balanced around them.

Anyway, i like making fluff
>>
>>52778233
Could I make an effective army combining the goods of both WE and tau?
>>
File: IMG_1489.gif (799KB, 277x197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1489.gif
799KB, 277x197px
>>52778305
>The Angels of Redemption were never called to account for this act, as there were no survivors to press any formal inquiry.
>as there were no survivors to press any formal inquiry
>no survivors
>>
>>52778312
I never played SM
I started with tau, now I'm into IG
never played sm and never will, though planning on starting an AL force soon
>>
>>52778373
The problem is GW forgot marines are elite, so everything is "balanced" around marines being the base line and not the stuff like conscripts or Grotz
>>
>>52778375
Not really?

>>52778384
>never played SM and never will
>CSM don't count tho
>>
>>52778375
You'd need to run heavy gunline tau so that the WE are not affected by OEO when they go up the mid
>>
>>52778337
>dogfight phase

Are there people that actually play that steaming pile of hot garbage ? Everybody I know didn't even remotely consider getting the book, let alone wanted to use the rules.
>>
>>52778400
well, not like you specified, and the way you wrote it made it sound like you were only talking about loyalist marines, also I said I was planning on starting an AL force soon, not I am starting an AL force.

>>52778412
I was forced into using it by an autistic csm player who thought his heldrake could take on a Barracuda AX-5-2, he got fucked hard by a S10 Ap1 shot, 6 S7 Ap4 shots and 4 S8 ap3 shots, then conceded since he thought he'd win
>>
>>52778333

Oh, my bad.
There's a 1d100 chart floating around 1d4chan that you can browse to get a home brewed chapter off the ground. There are threads here that use it often.
>>
>>52778412
There are faggots the try to enforce using tactical objectives that are impossible to complete.

Like destroy fortifications, when there are none in the game, or kill psykers when there is none to kill.
I'm not talking getting the Objective after killing every Psyker on the table but never being one in the game from the start.

So I would not be surprise if someone was assmad about those rules not being use.
>>
>>52769922

Hey all, quick Q: which IA book has the stats for the Gorgon transport? Thinking about picking one up -- belching out Kriegers with furious charge seems awesome.

Alternatively, anyone actually like using Stormlords as transport?
>>
>>52778412
it's my point.
Ain't no one using it.
it just slows down the game and is shit.
>>
>>52778552
Those silly combat roles or whatever also randomly nerfed a bunch of fliers for no real reason. Like that Dark Eldar flier with no real anti-vehicle guns getting the hunt-enemy-fliers role so that it can only snap-shot at ground targets and becomes shit at its real job.

Sometimes you'd wonder if the GW rules team is constantly high on glue fumes or whatever.
>>
>>52778103
>marines are boring
>play the even more boring imperial army instead

IGfags actually think space Knights and space vampires shooting rocket launchers and plasma guns are more boring than space Russians and space generic soldiers?
>>
>>52778722

Bait harder.
>>
>>52777116
100 percent conjecture
>>
>>52778739
Explain what is so vibrantly original about the IG? They're army men. Regular soldiers. There's nothing special about them. There's nothing wrong with that, but accept them as what they are and stop being a contrarian faggot who thinks he's superior just because he's "above" space marines
>>
>>52772752
Play fully Mechanized and start on the table edge instead of deployment edge. I'm assuming you mean the hilarious nonsense of dealing with World Eaters right? That kind of list actually struggles hard with mechanized infantry in vehicles. Your fights should go like this:

Turn 1
> Berserkers get shot by your dudes on the way up the board. And they AREN'T turn 1 charging because you stayed back 6" AWAY from your deployment edge like a good boy.
Turn 2
> Berserkers get shot again, but by now they reach your tanks.
> Your chimeras are destroyed, but the squads inside are totally fine.
Turn 3
> Your still-living squads finish off the remaining berserkers.
>>
Which has more freedom or are less pawns ? Space Marines or Chaos Space Marines?
>>
>>52778903
neither.
scarcity and the imperuim keep them both bound
>>
>>52772752
Flying circus
just load up everything in valks/vendettas and go for a ride
>>
>>52775077
Also the Red Scorpions chapter master up and dies fighting the Tau.

But that's okay, because they put their Chapter Master in MOTHERFUCKING LEVIATHAN DREADNOUGHT.
>>
File: THE IMPERIAL GUARD.jpg (324KB, 1024x636px) Image search: [Google]
THE IMPERIAL GUARD.jpg
324KB, 1024x636px
>>52778722
Trillions of Men march to the drums of war, across countless stars, all to save their fellow man from the darkness encroaching upon them.

Millions die every day, some of those millions on the same warfront, but they falter few and far between, because they are men sent forth to protect their fellow Man and their Emperor.

They endure endless war until they are dead or retired of service, most of them will never return to see their homeworld or family, for they make a new family in the men alongside them that they fight and die with.

They will see what the galaxy bears at it's worst, and they will show grim resolve in the face of it, gritting their teeth and moving on after the fight is over, and shipping off to the next nightmare.

Pessimists and Heretics will say they endure this burden because of the Commissars, the brutal Imperial War machine, or strategic indoctrination through propaganda and the Imperial Faith.

But men can only do so much for the selfish reason, can endure so much. No, the Imperial Guard fight at the end of the day because they think of back home, of mother and father, wife and child, family, their fellow man. And the heroes alongside them.

No terror can break the spirit or resolve of a man that knows what he does, he does for his people, No horror can smash the iron will of the Emperor's hammer. No dread can breach the soul of the righteous.

For at the end of the day, they are you, me, all of us. They represent the best and the worst of what Man has to offer the cosmos.

For they are the Imperial Guard, Astra Militarum, Space Soldiers, whatever you call them, they are man, and they represent the human spirit made manifest in the grim dark future where there is only war.
>>
>>52779086
You just described regular soldiers in the 40k setting but made it sound exciting.
>>
File: imperial_guard_by_crism1a1.jpg (28KB, 351x400px) Image search: [Google]
imperial_guard_by_crism1a1.jpg
28KB, 351x400px
>>52779086
this was beautiful, thank you anon.
>>
>>52778926
Yeah I get that, but if you HAD to pick one, which one would be it?
>>
>>52779141
I think you're both the pessimist and the heretic anon was talking about

>>52779086
fuck yeah
>>
>>52778103
my marines aren't boring... because i killed all but 56 then sent them on a crusade to atone fore their chapters sins. All caused by chapter politics, one former captain was left to die so that his rivals may advance, long thought dead he returns after 300 year seeking revenge.
>>
>>52779086
this makes me want to play guard, goddamnit dude I already have way too much money put into this game
>>
>>52779225
chapter name?
>>
File: man has no free will.jpg (178KB, 1434x1080px) Image search: [Google]
man has no free will.jpg
178KB, 1434x1080px
>>52779169
chaos.
their fall was often orchestrated by the darker powers.
the darker powers don't let them die
and their very nature is rewritten by the dark gods in the form of mutation which does later effect their minds.
in other words, they cease to be people.
it's sort of like the entire theme of FE 7. specially nurgals ark.
the they forfeited their souls, their personalities their physical form all in the pursue of power they didn't likely pursue of their own violation.
They can't even die right.
It gives me conniptions
>>
>>52779261
Fist of the Emperor, cringy 14 year old me made them all mary sueish... so1 5 years later i killed them all.
>>
>>52779286
>can't even doe right, gives me conniptions
I, am the true dragon!
>>
>>52779318
So... Imperial Fists?
>>
File: fist.jpg (81KB, 1511x598px) Image search: [Google]
fist.jpg
81KB, 1511x598px
>>52779225
>>52779318
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Captain of the Armies of the Northern Sector, rightful leader of the Fists of The Emperor, loyal servant to the true God Emperor of Mankind. Father to a murdered chapter, shunned from my former life. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
>>
>>52779444
basipally yeah, i look back upon the things young me did and cringe. It gets better to, they were founded by someone vainglorious enough to call himself the Fist of the Emperor, someone who was only ever a chapter champion/company champion, he never had any leadership experience. he receives his new chapter, looks at the codex and goes "that's works" then runs off to go fight shit in glorious melee combat. leaving his captains and sergeants to actually lead the chapter. fast forward 15 years IRL and 3000 year in universe and this has transformed to a senate of all the chapters sergeants lead by a council of captains, the OG Fist of the Emperor eventually found something more killy then him and now is killy in a venerable dreadnaught (he didn;'t take kindly to being kept asleep so long so he escaped at first chance to go kill xeno and mutants in the underhives of the chapter homeworld), and the Fist of the Emperor has become a title held by chapter champions until they die, then they to are thrown into dreadnaughts.
>>
>>52779444
samefag here to add young me though it would be cool for a guy called the Fist of the Emperor to hold the title of Fist of the Emperor in the chapter called Fist of the Emperor. So i killed them. All of them. Especially the original Fist of the Emperor.
>>
>>52776021
No like LoS would be to the base rather than the model.
>>
>>52779741
but where do you draw line of sight from on the shooting model? would your new rules incentivize modeling the gun higher up for better vantage?

There are two points on this line, where is the other one?
>>
>>52778901
That's assuming the other guy ONLY has Berserkers. A Kytan, a Lord of Skulls or even a Maulerfiend Warpack would ruin your day very very fast.

Oh god I just imagine being charged by a horde of blood-lusted sanics.
>>
Okay, i jotted down some shit about my chapter

They are an offshoot of the blood angels. Who are called the spearhounds, they are reminiscent of pre st.patrick ireland..

They are not hateful of xenos , but see them as dangerous animals to be beaten back. They're constantly fighting feral orks on their home planet.
And have grown accustomed to it.

They do not use scouts at all, and their devastators are just assault marines recovering from glorious melee that can't afford to be in such a fight.

They see the emporer and primarchs as various kinds of spirits, but see no gods. They fighht chaos with even greater zeal than the Inquisition.

They also don't pay head. To the codex. And recruit as many people as they can. They decide their true battlebrothers by seeing who can survive unarmored against the orks of their homeplanet
(Cont)
>>
Do you guys think 8th will move the game back towards an infantry focus and away from MCs and Super Heavies?
>>
File: 1438307977547.gif (397KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1438307977547.gif
397KB, 400x386px
>>52779952
>They are not hateful of xenos
>>
>>52779086
>translation: army of cucks sent to die horribly by uncaring commanders so that some fat noble can keep his luxury lifestyle
Heretic and proud.
>>
>>52779982
>dies for a god that will never notice him
an even bigger cuck
>>
>>52779952

They , even after transitioning from man to marine still carry a sex drive, and are allowed to marry, though attempts to procreate end with rather explosive climaxes on the woman's part.

They are severely undermanned, at just 700~ men due to their logic defying recruitment methods.
>>
>>52779992
>tfw once had two cultist champions become Daemon Princes in the same turn
Proof
>>
File: file.jpg (326KB, 386x732px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
326KB, 386x732px
>>52779952
>Don't hate xenos
>don't consider the emperor a god
>ignore codex astartes
>recruit as much as they can

If the ordo hereticus found out about this chapter they would virus bomb their home planet

your chapter is bad
>>
>>52780019
You're right, but the second part is true for every chapter but the BT. The BT are considered an oddity for worshipping the Emperor.
>>
File: 1417038315918.jpg (738KB, 1294x728px) Image search: [Google]
1417038315918.jpg
738KB, 1294x728px
>>52779992
>dies for a god that will never notice him
>says the imperiumcuck
Lmao the irony. But Khorne does notice. I will either die gloriously on the battlefield, and be reborn as a fragment of war incarnated, or ascend into near-almighty eternity.

You will scream in the warp along with countless weaklings until you're finally torn to shreds and eaten by a Daemon. And maybe that daemon will be me.
>>
>>52779992
My Gods smile at me Imperial, can yours say the same?
>>
File: big E.jpg (90KB, 610x396px) Image search: [Google]
big E.jpg
90KB, 610x396px
>>52780092
looks like he's always grinning to me
>>
>>52780019
Well, again, they see aliens as dangerous animals, that is to say they (somewhat naively) assume that xenos don't mean actual mallice , just that they are too dumb to realize what their doing and follow something other than instinct.
They regard him as something of a fatherly/protector spirit, they venerate him and pray to him in a way misconstrued as worship, but they do not worship him.

Not every chapter follows the codex.

And they don't generally maintain those high numbers, beyond that they fight valiantly. And protect imperial citizens. Its not so much that they spit in the face of the codex so much as say 'huh, thats a thing that exists and is annoying'
>>
>>52780019
>Blood Angels
>Codex compliant

ebin
>>
>>52780123
>>52780148
Every chapter is codex compliant, the High Lords see to that. The Black Templars (depending on edition) either did not even touch the codex, or are codex compliant.

Codex compliancy does not mean Hammers of Dorn tier dedication, it just means you follow the chapter guidelines, and changes are acceptable and encouraged, as well as listen to proven combat strategies and tactics.
>>
>>52774266
>well it was already mostly tzeentch corrupted.
>confirmed that the planet spirit had recovered and chaos taint eliminated by local fauna, fenrisian spirits and space wolves
>most people remained untainted by the sacrifice of fenrisian warriors that weren't accepted by the space wolves during the recruitment process and accepted being put down by the =][= to end their suffering and save their people from the taint
Stop lying anon
>>
>>52780191
spess puppers tho
>>
>>52780191
>>52780233
Oh yeah I forgot about them.

Yeah they're literally the only non-compliant chapter then. I like that their Scouts are their old dudes who've learned patience and stuff.
>>
Is there a thread or something for posting homebrews? Or do they just pop up here from time to time?
>>
>>52780294
the your dudes threads pop up on occasion
>>
Was thinking about pitching this for a narrative campaign. How many points should he cost? I was thinking 200-220.
Venerable Dreadnought Vetus
HQ Vehicle (walker, Character)

Stats: 12 12 10 S7 I5 A4 HP4

Wargear:
Assault Cannon
Dreadnought CCW w/ Heavy Flamer
Searchlight
Smoke Launchers
Extra Armor

Relic: Name TBD (Recieves a 5++, and IWND)

Warlord Trait: Name TBD (Upon killing an enemy model in the Assault Phase with his CCW, enemy unit suffers d3 Heavy Flamer hits)
>>
>>52780113
>imperialcuck just admitted his god is nothing but a rotting corpse
What happened to the 'no surrender' mantra?
>>
So I went into GW today, asking if I could try the game out. After a few min of us chatting about me reading a bit of fluff (The Horus Heresy Series) and knowing very basic rules we started to play.

He brought out a Dark vengeance set and let gave me, a proud Dark Angel brother, a deathwing squad and himself just a hell brute. While it was fun I didn't really get to try the game, is this how they usually do it?
>>
Rules Question:

The big rule book states that allies of convenience "cannot use modifiers and re-rolls that apply to Reserve Rolls that are granted by an Allies of Convenience model."

But in the Genestealer Cults codex the +1 to my reserve rolls and -1 to opposing reserve rolls are granted by the command benefits of my meta-formation, *not* by an allied model. So I should be able to add 1 to my reserve rolls for 'nid and guard units, yes?
>>
File: scoria tech preist.png (997KB, 645x657px) Image search: [Google]
scoria tech preist.png
997KB, 645x657px
>>52780378
I think you fundamentally misunderstand who you're talking to.
ave omnissiah

that being said in apologia for the imperial cult
I don't think it's about that.
I think it's more to do with not being twisted into a creature that no longer resembles basic humanity or be fuel for dark warp being who will use my very essence as torture battery.
there emperor has always been one of the last hopes for a peaceful afterlife and warp in general.
if one did put stock in to dying and their very being spinning into the sea of souls I'd prefer not to be prey for a see of dark sharks.

Eitherway.
the astronomicon shines fucking bright faggot
>>
>>52780392
They have guidelines on what they could do but it's often left to the manager's choice on how they run intro games. If he was just teaching you basics I could see what he was getting at, but running a vehicle was silly seeing as they take damage/wounds differently to infantry unless he bluffed the rules.

Maybe ask for a intro game with the full set, maybe bring a friend along and ask if he could be there for guidance, if there's more people involved he might be more motivated to get you into the hobby.

Ultimately he is trying to sell you stuff and his tactic could be to give you a taste then encourage you to buy your own army then come back for a bigger game.

Or maybe he lost the rest of the set or hasn't painted the rest.
>>
>>52780526
>Or maybe he lost the rest of the set or hasn't painted the rest.
The rest of the set was in there, he showed me them trying to sell me a box set.

I also had a friend with me, and he was looking into space elves. When I asked if there were any possibilities for a real practice game, he said I would have to spend roughly $100 in the shop for that.
>>
>>52780490
>posts the most heretekal of them all
Wat
>>
>>52774976
Thanks for the truly insightful commentary.
>>
So I played against Fagnus for the first time ever, and holy fuck.

>get challenged for board advancement
>ask op his army cause I haven't seen his name on the board
>tell him its cause people tailor all the time and i just want confirmation he's 1 army
>people will swap chapters completely if it presents advantage
>says 1k sons with some daemons
>expect cool fluffy army
>show up
>its fucking magnus with a cad of Tzangors and Ahriman
>he calls me out for having a Ordo Hereticus Inqusitor with a Null Rod and Psyocculum as tailoring
>mfw
>get into 30m rules lawyer fight over Null Rod because "hurrr it doesn't target so I can use beams"
>unit cannot be targeted by psychic powers

I seriously fucking hate this edition.
>>
>>52780672
>hurr it doesn't target"
I guarantee you this guy plays Yu-gi-oh (or possibly MTG, does MTG have targeting cards?).
>>
File: praise the bloodfather.jpg (522KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
praise the bloodfather.jpg
522KB, 1440x1080px
>>52780490
>I think it's more to do with not being twisted into a creature that no longer resembles basic humanity or be fuel for dark warp being who will use my very essence as torture battery.
What exactly is so bad about not only being immortal, but having near limitless power as well? I could see the subsequent lack of a challenge in fights as problematic, but there are always more Daemon Princes and exceptional mortals to fight. You even get your own host of badass daemon warriors! If you're not awesome enough then you'll just reincarnate into a bloodletter or something. Still immortal.

>there emperor has always been one of the last hopes for a peaceful afterlife and warp in general.
Peace? Why would you want peace? Didn't you see what happened to the Eldar? There is no peace. Only time wasted between battles.

>if one did put stock in to dying and their very being spinning into the sea of souls I'd prefer not to be prey for a see of dark sharks.
Then pledge your allegiance to the Bloodfather and become a true warrior in life and death.

>the astronomicon shines fucking bright faggot
Until it doesn't anymore and your whole Imperium collapses due the impossibility of warp travel. With the protection of Chaos, though...
>>
>>52780702
The problem is there is NOTHING that says you can't target it because the beam selects a point. Apparently that gets around Invisibility as well?
>>
my 5,000 point army has ten squads of 5 marines, is this good enough to be a slightly undermanned company?
>>
>>52780711
Sure does, same thing for Novas.
>>
>>52780702
He's right though. The same applies with bombing runs.
>>
File: Raptors & Ad Mech - 1850pts.jpg (569KB, 1800x2283px) Image search: [Google]
Raptors & Ad Mech - 1850pts.jpg
569KB, 1800x2283px
I think this list is legal, but I want to check here first. Also any feedback would be great.
>>
>>52780742
Novas do target though, they just hit automatically.
>>
>>52780705
Chaos worshipping is just the amalgamation of selfish motherfuckers all acting in the same destructive manner cause they're afraid for themselves.
>>
>>52780758
Oh shit my bad. Its been so long since i've read the nova bit and only remembered the hits all units in the area.
>>
>>52769922
>expecting a good set of rules
>>52780765
>expecting improvements
>>52780765
>expecting anything good at all
>>52780765
>>
Alright, /tg/, I have a rules question. I'm fairly sure I know the answer, but I wanted to be absolutely sure before I call someone out for bullshit.

So the question is: Can a unit of Deathwatch Veterans somehow equip Bolt Pistols?
>>
File: scoria tech preist.gif (2MB, 1600x1598px) Image search: [Google]
scoria tech preist.gif
2MB, 1600x1598px
>>52780598
I think your biological parts are failing.
I'm quite aware of that.
there is a reason why more admech chose horus over the big E. you get me?

that doesn't however prevent me from being able to parrot their ideas.
>>
>>52780758
>>52780755
Regardless it's horseshit and even when I said to point where his point is, he put a point that ended the line on top of my model.

"You're targeting the unit, then. You can't do that."

>"HURR IM TARGETING THE POINT NOT THE MODEL!"

"But that point IS the model."

And this same fucker who was re-rolling saves because he claimed to use the wrong save, when I tried telling him just take the better save. I had made an early mistake when deploying and he tried to say I was cheating because I messed up deploying infiltrators after I seized with Coteaz because we were sort of late to start and I was skipping around, but I wasn't changing my gameplan based on getting first turn at all.

He also said he hasn't played since 4E and was trying to use 4E rules. A LOT.
>>
File: 1423486499617-1.png (529KB, 381x643px) Image search: [Google]
1423486499617-1.png
529KB, 381x643px
>>52780766
>blank statement without refuting a single one of my points
Nice try but your frustration is still quite transparent. Enjoy being reduced to a sacrifice only to be nibbled on by a warp whale or something.

Just embrace the primordial truth of chaos my nigga. Are you afraid of the Comissar or something? Just kill the motherfucker in single combat and enjoy the superpowers you will be rewarded with.
>>
>>52780818

Just don't play against him. Ever.
>>
>>52780573
>he said I would have to spend roughly $100 in the shop for that
Well I spent the equivalent in £s so that sounds about average for start up which is a big leap. I just got a fuller intro game which again comes down to the manager.

But I'd be put off if you notice there's never many people in the shop doing hobby stuff or playing games. We had an older pushy manager who "hinted" you should buy stuff if you wanna keep using the shop's services. Thankfully he left and the new guy just asks when you eventually get round to buying stuff you buy it from his shop. The difference in community is leaps and bounds. (Also the shops been doing pretty well in the region. I reckon is down to that mindset)
>>
>>52780860
Problem is he literally walks through other players because hurr magnus

He's one of the only other proponents to "We should have a fixed list to play with." though, which I agree with. My list literally ONLY changed from a previous list because I didn't have my sentinels at the time and had a bunch of space marines eating up points, and I added the inquisitor, and a Culexus, because when I figured 1k sons, i figured I'd screamn WRYYYY and throw like 3-4 shots at some scarab termies and charge in.

lol nope he was pissed about the 12" no-psychic bubble and threw a fit.
>>
File: Sisters of Purging - 1250pts.jpg (776KB, 1800x2327px) Image search: [Google]
Sisters of Purging - 1250pts.jpg
776KB, 1800x2327px
>>52780933

This is soon to be my standard SoB list once I get the models after I sell my daemons. If he thinks a null rod is bad, I'd love to see him react to this.
>>
>>52781115
That's the funny part. Someone else tailored against him and fielded literally a 24" zone of NO PSYCHIC across most of the field AND HE BEAT IT.

And yet null rod is busted af. Hurr.
Thread posts: 419
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.