[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anima Beyond Fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 21

File: anima1.jpg (298KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
anima1.jpg
298KB, 1280x1024px
I wanted to start a thread to talk about Anima: Beyond Fantasy from Fantasy Flight Games.

I'm planning on starting a game in the near future based on Fate and Project K mashed up, and I decided that Anima would be a good game for that sort of thing. I feel I'm fairly familiar with the rules, but I'd still like to see if there's anyone with experience who may be able to offer advice or tips. Particularly, I've had trouble deciding what the best way to incorporate firearms into the system. I'm also a little concerned about the rule that a character struck in combat loses their turn that round.

Also Anima general, I guess
>>
bump?
>>
Interested party bump

I picked up the book ages ago after seeing how ridiculous the character sheet is. Problem is, I can't fucking make heads or tails how to make a character. So the book has been collecting dust on my shelf.
>>
>>52772423
I've made a few characters before. This pdf helped me a lot along the way, though it took me a few tries to get a handle on everything.
>>
>>52773316
Looks pretty helpful. I'll give it a shot once I have the time. thanks anon.
>>
File: Easy turn diagram.jpg (316KB, 1190x998px) Image search: [Google]
Easy turn diagram.jpg
316KB, 1190x998px
this will help you a lot during combats
>>
>>52769613

Have a look for "Anima: Beyond Science". It's a fan made supplement, for sci-fi/cyberpunk.
>>
Firearms are already in the system. They're just average ranged weapons. Also there is a premade ki style for more gun examples.
As for losing round thats to benefit fast pcs but there are ways to get around it. Recieve hit lowers defense but you dont lose turn, also you can use a relatively cheap ki technique to recover action
>>
>>52773938
Thanks for this

>>52773974
Is that content from Dominus Exxt?

I was planning on running my game modern day, so I was looking for statistics for firearms more in the realm of revolvers or assault rifles. I recall seeing a few things about firearms but they were more fantastical devices I thought.
>>
>>52774114
Gunhel is in dominus exxet, take the hit is in core.
Just give modern guns more range and lower penalty for multiple attacks(10-40 should work) with same damage of core examples
>>
>>52769613
These anons(>>52773974 and >>52774228) have the right of it regarding the firearms.
As to the "loses their turn that round", it's not a complete loss of turn, they just can't take Active actions(attacking, casting most spells/psychic powers). They can still defend themselves, and use passive stuff. There's also the option, for the martials, to create a Quick Recovery ki technique that let's them act if they've been hit that round. It's also in Dominus.
>>
File: Anima NPCs - the Archenemies.png (499KB, 1024x822px) Image search: [Google]
Anima NPCs - the Archenemies.png
499KB, 1024x822px
Feel like I should contribute something to this thread, as I'm currently two and a half years and eleven levels into the campaign I'm running, but I'm drawing a blank.

Guess I can start by posting two NPCs relevant to the overarching subplot that the party has interacted with, and go from there...
>>
>>52777815
The party, currently.
>>
File: curiosity_part_1_by_kawa_v.jpg (343KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
curiosity_part_1_by_kawa_v.jpg
343KB, 744x1039px
>>52778276
A reminder to Anima GMs and GM hopefuls:
REMEMBER WHAT CREATURES ARE CLASSED AS NATURAL, AND WHAT ARE BETWEEN WORLDS.

Two boss fights were ended in a single turn each when the WarSum figured out that their Essence sheele could turn into a level 9 Major Dragon because it's still a Natural being.
>>
File: curiosity_part_2_by_kawa_v.jpg (289KB, 756x1047px) Image search: [Google]
curiosity_part_2_by_kawa_v.jpg
289KB, 756x1047px
>>52779191
Also, when the Mentalist has the Railgun power, you should probably remind them to check their line of fire.

Dude's nearly killed the WarSum once, her sheele twice, and the Warlock about three times.

He's also damn-near wiped the party by teleporting a pirate ship out from under the pirates who owned it, to a mile up. The ensuing wave from it crashing back down nearly capsized THEIR boat. They're just lucky it didn't land ON THEM.
>>
What levels does Anima play best at? I want to start players off at higher than 1, but I'm not entirely sure where.
>>
>>52780360
about 2-3 desu.

The game gets retarded about 8, after 10 wizards start to need DM handholding to keep up their scaling without having to divert into other branches, after 15 martials become ubermensch of murder and genocide that exist only to make D&D players angry and upset martials are so fucking good.

Summoning gets stupid as soon as they get time to do shit.
>>
>>52780396
I feel there should be an exception on the wizards needing handholding bit when it comes to Book of Creation Wizards. They're almost always handy, with Resistance boosts and such.
Can confirm on the summoners getting up to no good with a bit of time, though. Or if they have a high enough summoning skill to hit the nasty Invocations. Like Rudrashka's Exodus Fuck You, Eat Lightning. Or World Reversed, if someone's unlucky enough to have that.
>>
>>52780477
Creation is by far the best book min-max wise, it's basically the 3.5 book with trap options (chimera) included!

I mean advancing, as they hit a hard cap (divine magic), you can still get other paths, martials just keep getting more and more tech and secondaries.
>>
>>52780396
I'm the anon trying to do a Fate game.

Would level 3 on be a good benchmark for the swordbeams and other crazy shit servants can do?
>>
What point total for method 5 should I use if I want characters to start with some strengths and be better than average people, but not be super fit geniuses? Does it even matter?
>>
>>52780787
fuck yeah.
>>
>>52780822
50-55
>>
>>52780822
45 low
50-55 medium
60+ high powered

Anima stats aren't that important until they get VERY high if you're using dom exxet dex/agi diference or you're a mentalist (in which case you do need your will).
>>
>>52780822
A Servant would probably be in the 6-8 range, with some kind of racial template on top to because they obviously don't function exactly like regular people.

"Swordbeam" is a bad benchmark in Anima, because any fucker can be built to do a swordbeam relatively simply. I could build a level 0 character who could shoot a swordbeam. Whether that ability is worth having at that level is another matter entirely, but anyone with a few advantage points sunk into Martial Mastery could have a ki technique or two from character creation.
>>
>>52781068
Well I don't have to worry about balancing things around what normal people would encounter, but rather the servants themselves since I expect everyone to be playing servants.

Two servants slugging it out will annihilate city blocks as collateral damage which is why I chose Anima in the first place, but they won't immediately nuke each other. So right now I'm trying to feel out what would be the best level to start at to give everyone a nice suite of fantastic abilities befitting a servant, but without anybody being able to blow up the world or some shit.

I've already got a team of NPC servants picked out so I'll have time I think to play around with different builds.
>>
What is your current character/party? If you're not playing or running, then what do you want to play next?
>>
>>52782348
WarMentalist knight.

Points are low man.
>>
File: 1487302562006.jpg (222KB, 2048x764px) Image search: [Google]
1487302562006.jpg
222KB, 2048x764px
>>52782348
Acrobatic warrior/Tao, fully focused on martial arts
I don't know if it was the most efficient use of resources, but it's certainly been the most fun.
>>
The rule system is utter and complete shit. Don'T waste your time.
>>
>>52784678
Rude
>>
>>52784590
WhY are all the eyes off the heads
>>
>>52784707
It's a ubisoft game.
>>
>>52784707
In seeking to hone their combat prowess they have achieved enlightenment. Their perception extends beyond their physical shells to be a part of the world around them
>>
>>52781221
Going entirely based on your description of the potential collateral damage, and Dominus Exxet's "Effects of high combat abilities on surroundings" list, you'd probably be looking at beings with combat abilities over 200, so level-wise, that puts them anywhere from 8 up, depending on how much min-maxing goes on.

>>52782348
GM for >>52778276. I'd love to run a silent bodyguard defensive Tao. Danjayni Neph, mute, Hanja, Soo Bahk, Exellion, Lama, the works.

Probably never going to happen, though, as nobody else wants to step up and GM.

>>52784720
kek.
>>
>>52782348
Dark Paladin dabbling in Destruction and Time. Or Technician
>>
>>52782348
Level 3 Wind Battlemage.

Flying around cutting shit with wind is toptier
>>
>>52782348
>what do you want to play next?
Anything at all. The only way I'm going to get an Anima game is if I get off my fat ass and finish writing up the campaign idea I had,
and that's not going to happen.
>>
>>52785662
I dunno, man. Essence is pretty crazy, too. I mean, 60km RADIUS ball of bees? A flat percentage heal? Linking your soul to your foe, so whatever they do to you (or you do to yourself) is inflicted on them as well?
That's some good shit right there.
>>
>>52785573
>Time Subpath
>Actually wanting to piss off the Powers in the Shadow
Are you insane?
>>
>>52787478
Maybe? I wouldn't know, I've never bothered to actually sit down and read the full setting.
>>
>>52788211
Gist is, if you use Time magic to try and alter major events in history, Imperium and the other powers step in, repair what you broke, and then punch you in the kidneys for stepping on their toes.
>>
>>52788306
This is an aside, but is it better to go with the generic free spells or pick up a subpath? The generic spells seem kinda underwhelming so I would think subpaths are just better.
>>
>>52788519
It really depends. Some of the free spells are actually great, like the ones that cure disease and poison, Perfect Target, and the Increase Characteristic spells. Plus they can add some utility to otherwise very narrow paths(giving Fire mages access to teleport, etc.)
But, if you're going thematic, most of the Subpaths are pretty good, at the cost of less flexibility. Also there can be some stigma attached to certain paths, namely Umbra, Sin, Blood, Death, and Void.
And there's also the factor that Subpaths usually have a more narrow list of what paths they work with.

Tl;dr, it's really academic. If you're that concerned about it, go with one of the seven Low Paths, grab a Subpath AND Free Access spells.
>>
>>52788658
Stigma in setting or ooc?
>>
How much of Gaia 2 has been translated?
>>
>>52791694
OoC. Those are all the "Edgiest" subpaths. Usually paired with Darkness, Necromancy, Destruction, or Fire paths.

>>52791704
No idea. I just know the Turak race is pretty spiffy.
>>
>>52792879
Suppose I should actually dump the Turak race stuff. If any of the translation's off, it's because I personally did it using a combination of three years of half remembered HS Spanish lessons and some Google Translate for hints of what shit might mean.
>The Turak
The Turak are one of the minority races of Gaia that, despite possessing considerable natural abilities, their small numbers prevented them from reaching a deserved racial supremacy. Below is a description of their basic characteristics and special attributes if players or the Game Master wish to choose to play this race, both pure side and Nephilim.
They are humanoid creatures of reptilian appearance, with a variable height between a meter sixty andthree meters high. Their bodies are covered with scales of different colors, though red and green are the most common variations. They have large claws, sharp jaws and their heads are elongated, comparable in some ways to an intermediate point between a human face and a dragon. While these attributes are common in all members of the species, the truth is that their bodies have numerous differences from one to another. Some develop tails, other horns, spines or wings; in that respect, they are very different. Another really striking detail is that, depending on these physical differences, some display more intellect. They call it "the proximity of the Dragon" and say that the attributes "simple lizards" have are racially inferior, while if they have more physical similarities to a dragon they are of a higher purity, and should occupy a higher place in society.
>cont.
>>
>>52794909
The Turak are very long-lived and, although generally living around three hundred years, there have even been ones known to live more than eight centuries. What's particularly striking is that their size never stops increasing and in old age can actually increase their height another half a meter.
Their personalities vary greatly depending on their physical nature. Those who have not developed many draconian attributes are normally (but not always) low intelligence and are usually very easy to influence, but also tend to act more violently for no reason. Those who, however, have a greater intellect are characterized by their patience and their incredible ability to devise complex plans. However, all of them always attract attention by having difficulty forming emotional ties or developing other emotions than the most basic to survive.
Their society is very hierarchical, normally based on their attributes; the most physically advanced acting as leaders who rule over the others. The whole race also has a special affinity for dragons and considered themselves, in a certain manner, a part of them; Their greatest aspiration is to evolve their species enough to be one with them.
The Turak are always carnivorous; their digestive organs cannot digest plants.
Females are rare and therefore highly valued among their people. Slow to gestate (two to three years) but when reproducing tend to lay dozens of eggs from which, after a few years, hatch Turak children.
The Turak live mostly in Eurakia and Dafne, but also extend into part of what is now known as Lunaris.
/cont.
>>
>>52794925
>Dragon men:
The Turak possess considerably higher strength and resilience than usual, so they get a bonus of +1 to their characteristics of STR and CON. However, their intellect is often slightly below average, so they suffer a -1 INT.
>Natural Weapons:
The jaws and claws of Turak act perfectly as natural weapons. Used in this way, they have a base damage of 40 plus the Strength bonus, attacking with the Cut damage type. Naturally, it is necessary to develop combat skills with them to not apply penalties.
>Scales:
The scaly skin of Turak acts as a considerably effective natural armor. Therefore, it is considered to have an Armor Type 2 against Cut, Impact, Thrust, and Heat.
>Regeneration of the Lizard:
The Turak heal much faster than normal, and so apply a bonus of +1 to their level of regeneration. In the event that they have eaten meat in abundance and rested, this modifier increases to +2. In addition, independent of the regeneration type they have, their severed limbs grow back slowly, recovering completely in a period of about a year or year and a half.
>cont.
>>
>>52794946
>Proximity to The Dragon:
All Turak have different physical characteristics. Usually, most of them have one of the following qualities, but can also have two or three of them. If they develop three, the Turak applies an additional -1 penalty to INT:
>Enormous: They get a special bonus of +1 to STR and CON, and a +2 size, but suffer a -1 to AGI in exchange.
>Dragon Wings: The Turak has rudimentary wings which, while useless for flight , allow it to glide smoothly, dropping from high altitude with a flight value of 10.
>Eyes of the Hunter: Their eyes are perfectly adapted to perceive any kind of movement, so they get a special bonus of +20 to Notice.
>Tail: The physical attacks of the Turak with their natural weapons are considered Large when determining how many enemies are affected and apply only -40 on offense to make an Area Attack maneuver.
>Amphibians: They have membranes and gills that give water movement and a limited ability to breathe underwater (they may hold their breath for about 10 minutes).
>Scales of Metal: The protection provided by their scales becomes Armor Type 3.

>Cold Blood:
Turak are cold-blooded creatures, and so are particularly likely to suffer the negative consequences of low temperatures and have difficulties reacting with speed. Therefore, they receive a -20 penalty to all their resistances against any cold-based effect. They also suffer from a -20 to Initiative.
>Slow Learner:
The Turak take a long time to learn new things. Therefore, in the event that it is played by a player, the Turak apply a penalty of -3 to experience received per game.
>Level modifier:
+1 (+2 in the event that you have developed over one attribute from Proximity to the Dragon).
>cont.
>>
>>52794969
>Nephilim Turak
Although not the most numerous, the truth is that there is a minute number of Nephilim Turak Gaia. Most reside in Dafne and in those places where dragons once lived.
Their souls sometimes have a striking impact on their bodies and, although not really giving them inhuman attributes make their faces extravagant; slightly big eyes and cheekbones and very pronounced jaws. However, the most striking feature is their "racial memory," which means that in certain dangerous circumstances they can temporarily tighten skin or develop natural weapons.
Normally, the Nephilim Turak spend their lives in confusion feeling out of place. Many of them dream that they were "dragons" in his past life, and are passionate about everything related to flying. In addition, most have visions sometimes even in broad daylight, whenever they see something that reminds them of their past lives. They love meat and have a big appetite, although most don’t get fat no matter how much they eat.
>>
>>52794988
The Turak souls give them numerous physical and mental abilities gradually they learn to control. Below is a list of these capabilities:
>Natural Weapons:
Strange as it may seem, in dangerous situations, the Nephilim Turak are able to quickly develop extremely long, sharp, durable nails. Many times, even though they have no real proof of their racial abilities, this occurs when they feel threatened or really nervous. If used as natural weapons, they have a base damage of 30 plus the Strength bonus and attack on the Cut damage type. Naturally, it is necessary to develop combat skills with them to avoid penalties.
>Racial Memory:
The Nephilim has an amazing ability to recall any language he knew in his previous life, so you can understand almost immediately if you find a base that you remember.
>Resistant Skin:
The skin of the Nephilim have an unnatural feature to harden when receiving some kind of particularly strong impact, which becomes exceptionally effective natural armor. Therefore it provides Armor type 1 against Cut, Impact, Thrust, and Heat.
>Cold Blood:
The Nephilim Turak keep part of their vulnerability to cold and low reaction rate. Therefore, they apply a -10 penalty to all resistances against any cold-based effects and suffer a special -10 penalty to initiative.
>Immortal soul:
The conflict between the soul memories and learning Nephilim causes a penalty of -3 points to the experience that the Game Master gives at the end of each session.

/dump
>>
Will another company ever pick this up.

Why not do a kickstarter to fund translations.

By far my favorite setting and system.
>>
>>52795110
>Will another company ever pick this up?
The real question is will FFG ever release their stranglehold on it to someone who actually wants to translate it.
>Why not do a kickstarter to fund translations?
You assume FFG wouldn't be on the ass of whoever puts something like that up like white on rice.
>By far my favorite setting and system.
Agreed.
>>
>>52782348
Technician based off of Dio Brando. Yes, I know it's cliche, sue me.
Figure Seals of Invocation summoning for Za Warudo, with it having the Stop Time spell as an innate ability.
>>
>>52795450
>>52795450
FFG no longer has the rights senpai
>>
>>52792879
TUrak feels pretty garbagy, specially for normal gaia.

Again all pure races feel pretty garbo vs anima humans and it shows they're not made to be PCs
>>
>>52797389
Well, then. We just have to hope somebody picks them up, then.
Preferably someone with competent translators.

>>52797449
>all pure races
The D'anjayni called. They say they've secretly replaced your mom and dad, because the real ones never loved you.
>>
>>52797820
>D'anjayni
>Real
Hahaha
Silly anon.

Reminder duk'zarist are anima krauts, can only kill people and make war inventions, daimah are fucking irrelevant.
>>
>>52797919
Only if you make them irrelevant, anon.
Me, I'm planning to maybe run a Samael campaign once the current wraps up, and will be advising my players to unleash the insanity that is a Pure Daimah Party.
>>
>>52797983
I mean lore wise, daimah are on the irrelevant corner, but again, everyone who isn't human/duk/sylvain is there.
>>
>>52798019
Okay, yeah. Lorewise, I'll agree. Though the Devah and Vetala have pulled some serious-ish shit, mostly accidentally/intentionally some aeons for the former, and massive amounts of slavery for the latter. And Tuan Dalyr are just 95% pricks who can't fucking get over themselves, and are still spectacularly butt flustered that they lost to humans in a fight.
>>
>>52798086
>Tuan Dalyr
Is there any race that gets BTFO harder? Not even samael thinks of them as people.

Also vetala are trully horrifying, until you see their stats.
>>
>>52798120
Maybe Sylvania itself, but that's about it.

And yeah, Vets would be exceptional assassins, shadows, or stealth Warlocks/Techies, if the level mod was only a +1. Their light sensitivity is still less vicious than the Duk's Iron Allergy, though.
You can make another roll to put out flames. You can't make another roll to un-disintegrate your soul.
>>
>>52798187
>Sylvania
>Therelas haets humans for gassing them like sick cunts
>Sister doesn't
Every time, seems like a fanfict straight from /pol/

Duk's iron allergy isn't that bad. At higher levels that is. Or if your DM assumes pure iron means ACTUAL pure iron which isn't that common.
>>
>>52780360
I would say that lvl3-4 are the sweet spot where the players have enough power to be taken seriouslly but not enough that they break everything apart. Once you reach lvl6-8 the thing begins to get out of hands, quickly reaching godlike power, especially ki users.

Love Ki users, by the way.
>>
>>52800367

>tfw none of my party are going to be ki users
>>
>>52800662
The other options are also very versatile, specially summoners given they have enough time and knowledge. Perhaps the ones I dislike the most are the psionics, they are just kinda meh.
>>
>>52800688
Mentalis Exxet never.
>>
>>52800732
Since they have a section for them in the Arcana Exxet I highly doubt they will get their own, yeah.
>>
>>52769613
I'm in a Fate game on Roll20 that uses Anima as the system. I've put together a fair amount of homebrew together for it, but also for just in general.
I think google drive links are alright to send here? Shouldn't be a big deal.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B23TGGq0DVCELWE0WXNBRHhJMXM?usp=sharing

At somepoint I'd work on updating the modern stuff to be as varied as the rest... but I've been sick and have no energy. Otherwise, have a gander, maybe it help inspire something OP.
>>
How does one handle starting above level 1, by the by? I don't recall seeing anything in the book about it, so I'd be interested in hearing what wealth levels would be appropriate, for example.
>>
>>52800834
Mechanically it's pretty simple, you just give them more DP like when they level up normally. Wealth I'm not so sure about.
>>
>>52800818
Oh yeah, was that the hubworld game? I saw it while I was doing research. I would have considered applying since it looked like it was only open to interest, but I don't like Voice games online so I decided not too.
>>
>>52800834
I'd honestly say the starting wealth works fine for just about any level from 0-5. Beyond that, when the system starts to become "heroic" it'd make a lot more sense to adjust though.

Otherwise, mechanically as >>52800854 says you'd just start the players with extra DP and the experience to match that level.

And something of an opinion of mine, Levels 0-5 are the "human" levels where things remain analogous to real world human potential. Beyond that you get into a "heroic" range at 6-12, and a "godly" range of 13+. Those keywords, human, heroic, and godly can be used to scale things accordingly. Someone heroic for example may have put together a crew of say sailors and found some treasure worth a couple thousand gold coins out on a deserted island. Someone "godly" may have instead discovered something tremendously valuable and used it to gain a much higher wealth value, perhaps even as high as a hundred thousand gold or more. In the end, it really depends on the game you're going for.
>>
>>52800861
Yeah, that's hubworld Fate game. We go by text as much as we do voice, but the filter options for roll20 as I remember them are a bit stiff and unwieldy. Either way, good luck with your game anon.
>>
If someone is new to the sistem and is having troubles creating a pc (or just wants to have an easier time doing it), there are some excel sheets made by the guys in the official spanish forum which are pretty neat.

mega:#fm/ZCRRFTRD
>>
>>52772423
>>52800961
>>
javascript:quote('52772423');
As someone who have made something short of thousands of characters, I fail to see the problem.
>>
>>52800688
Dunno, my Mentalist player's been doing spectacularly. Admittedly, the only other fighter is the WarSum and her Essence Sheele, but still.

Also, reminder that Zen Magnetic Acceleration Attack(From Arcana Exxet) using a Normal Quality Heavy Ballista Quarrel, is doing 420 BASE damage in a 1,000 ft. line. 500 damage, if it's a +20 Quarrel. The only things that really don't care about that are things that ignore lower Gnosis entities, and The Lord of Infinity.
Though if your players are fighting The Lord of Infinity, they'd better be packing some serious defense more than anything, what with Longinus permanently wiping one supernatural ability from you when it hits, and you having to actually KILL Omega and touch Longinus to get those powers back.
>>
>>52800367
>playing anima after 3.5

SWEET SWEET REVENGE.

>>52800732
Mentalis Exxet and The Beings From Beyond The Veil Exxet

W H E N?!
>>
>>52800834
>>52800854
Remember anima wealth doesn't work at high-ish levels and becomes quickly irrelevant.

Also buying items is a waste of time, be a man and suck black sun dick.
>>
File: 9421a2def8393ac4580b92b1c295f29c.jpg (661KB, 1388x838px) Image search: [Google]
9421a2def8393ac4580b92b1c295f29c.jpg
661KB, 1388x838px
>>52802610
Is there a good rule of thumb for artifacts that a player starting above 1 may have access too? Maybe just free CP in the artifact background?
>>
>>52803203
Anima characters don't depend on artifacts at all m8

You could give them some small amount of pp to make artifacts, just remember the game isn't D&D and doesn't assume magical items are common at all or required (except maybe for mentalists since their scaling is so bad)
>>
>>52801603
Don't get me wrong, they are caple of hitting as hard as any of the others and they certainly can spam their habilities like no other, but I feel like the lack the versatility the domines or the mages have. I also think they don't scale neary as hard as the others with levels, but I haven't really played that much anima at the highest levels.
>>
>>52803543
Anima on high level goes pants on head retarded harder than any other system, specially martials who keep going harder and harder.

Mentalists have great versatility and sick scaling and spells. Until level 6 or so, they start to fall off because of how buying potential works (+100 is 55pp and that's 550dp or 825dp, so best way to increase potential is stack up on will, until 20 will/220potential, getting +stat items is hard/expensive and you only get +1 stat each 2 levels so at level 6 you'd have +3 and maybe +3 from buying it or 140 base, and that is fine, however when shit gets more and more high and martial MK starts to stack up it shows, but nobody post 8 or so actually fights in setting, they jerk each other off and do cold war)
>>
>>52803619
Also, remember a level 6 technician has 300 fucking MK, weapon master should have retard-tier HP and live inside of his full heavy plate with padded armor for 10+ (nice arm pen) 24/7, etc...
>>
File: 18164d06db77baef6454376a46d2475a.jpg (622KB, 1000x1162px) Image search: [Google]
18164d06db77baef6454376a46d2475a.jpg
622KB, 1000x1162px
>>52803268
I get what your saying, but Im also anticipating people wanting sick nasty signature swords so Im considering giving them free access at character creation.
>>
>>52803685
Do it.

Reminds me to turn inquisitor game so players can enjoy being edgy fucking retards 40k expies.
>>
>>52803634
Nemesis Technicians are still my favorite silly thing, specifically because they're costed and geared towards using the Cancellation powers to piss in everyone else's Cheerios, including other Ki users.

>Full Heavy Plate and Padded Armor
About right for a level 6 Weaponmaster.
But if things pass level 10ish, I expect that Weaponmaster to be rocking +20 Full Field Plate(enchanted by an alchemist with +6 AT vs physical, Absolute Matrices Immunity, and Full All Elements Immunity), a +20 Byrnie (with +6 AT Physical stuff, and +80 All Resists), a +20 Great Helm (Initiative and Regen buffs), and a +20 Full Shield with Attack Reflection.
And ofc whatever weapon they want.

>>52803685
>sick nasty signature swords.
Anon, the sickest sword already exists. Unfortunately, it's in the hands of a genocidal Sylvain prince.
>>
>>52803923
SPECIALLY ki users.

Said weaponmaster should also be an alchemist. Don't trust filthy wizards with your weapons anon!
>>
>>52803965
I never thought of doing that. Shit. Give him forging, and he'll be self sufficient.
>>
>>52803965
What if the spellcaster has been granted their gift through Our Lord and Savior Abel Christ's will?
>>
File: file.png (204KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
204KB, 500x213px
>>52804003
>trusting ANY wizards
>>
>>52804027
I'm just saying. What if Lord Romeo Exxet HIMSELF sets a person in front of me, tells me that this person has been proven to NOT be a witch, and is indeed bearing the gift EN NOMINE DEUS.
Do I second guess the single highest mortal authority in the Inquisition because I shouldn't trust any wizards?
>>
>>52804086
You know who is higher than romeo?
Christ.

If Christ says wizards are up to no good, they're up to no fucking good.
>>
>>52804106
Fair point.

What if the most divine servant of the archangel Michael, an angelic being I've heard goes by the name Unitas Eldereige, tells me to trust a wizard?

I'm just trying to cover my bases here. I don't want Inquisitor Marchosias wiping me and whatever town I'm in off the map because I accidentally some heresy.
>>
>>52804144
I repeat.

Christ still higher than Michael.

Now however, if a VERY handsome blonde blue eyed man, tells you to do something you should totally do it dude.
>>
>>52804178
Cherubim?
>>
>>52782348

Creation/Light eccentric Slyvain girl. OOCly frighteningly acute knowledge of mechanics and general interest in technology.
>>
>>52804184
I forgot to say he is also named donovan.
>>
>>52804207
This is going to end with me accidentally sleeping with something from beyond the veil again, isn't it?
>>
>>52804198
I like that idea. Npc healer from >>52778276 is like that, except he's Creation/Earth. Loves to make little mechanical replicas of animals and such that double as communication devices and/or portals.
>>
>>52804086

Romeo's a warlock himself, so you know.

Yeah.
>>
>>52804265

The idea is that she's Done something *very bad* with someone's spacefold experiment, and the Technocracy doesn't want to risk another war to get her back.
>>
>>52804266
Oh, I know. The party fought alongside him. The Mentalist nearly accidentally killed him when he threw a tree at an archer on a fortress wall, and the tree toppled over onto Romeo. He was a bit unhappy about that.

They've also fought within a mile of Marchosias, which was about as close as they were willing to get to the setting's Alexander Anderson.
>>
>>52804303
Oh. Yeah, that sounds cool. Worst the healer's done is accidentally break a few locks on a certain Antichrist's cage.
>>
>>52804319
Marchosias isn't Alexander, Alexander is Alexis who is a very chill guy.

Marchosias is generic angry guy.
>>
>>52804356
I'll have to look into Alexis.

But marchosias is more than just angry. He's Eversor levels of angry without the WRRRYYYYY! Also he's the wielder of Platinum, which is a fairly scary Lawbringer.
>>
>>52804404
And argol, has both.

>When you're so buttfuckingmad you go to hell, might be walking around with fucking baal taking a free ride but nothing changes so nobody notices it at all
>>
>>52804438
Platinum is the fusion. Platina and Algol are the separate pieces.

And I had been going nuts trying to remember which Inquisitor had the conflict over the Daimah child. Now I know who you're talking about.

>When your balls are so big you tell Gaira himself to fuck off outta your face you ain't kneeling for nobody, and he's so fucking impressed he gives you a toenail clipping that you replace your arm with, so now you go around with his blessing kicking the shit out of strong bastards when you can find them.
>justfifteenthmessengerthings.jpg
>>
>>52804548
>When you make your own shithole in the wake and get bored so you become and annoying little faggot in a videogame instead while looking like the biggest clown ever
>>
>>52804583
kek. The silly lore is half the reason I love Anima.

>Not!Umbrella Corporation finds book of the dead, accidentally recreates the events of the first three Resident Evils.

>Militant Anti-theist sits in his space cruiser shouting JUST AS PLANNED every four, five minutes or so, while masturbating to the thought of killing the gods. Also shitposts on Illuminati and Technocracy sites with his HFY slashfiction.

>Loli Empress disregards bodyguard's warnings, skips out on balls/meetings/speeches for JUSTICE!
>Bodyguard, meanwhile, can't rest because he thinks his former boss, the Antitheist, is pissed at him. Can't even talk to that bangin' 10/10 Lilith, for fear of former co-workers surprise dick-punching him and stealing or killing Loli Empress.

>Wire user who is actually a massive ass-kicker, if he ever sobered up and got his dick outta whatever halfway attractive woman he's with that hour.
>>
>>52804660
You forgot

>Antitheist is oldest living being
>Is actually not mad at Bodyguard of the empress and is curious wtf is happening with the empress
>Antitheist is either longest con player or literally fucking retarded
>>
>>52804798

Imperium being incompetent seems to be a running gag, seeing as they thought it'd be funny to hand out 30 copies of the akashic record to see what would happen.

[spoilers] Now they're worried they can't find them because they're immune to divination [/spoilers]
>>
>>52804798
My money's on the former. Though he might be a bit of the latter.

>"Boy, giving that random chump a Pillar of Souls should be fine. Now we'll be able to harvest the Gnosis of Abel."
>"What do you mean he turned into a demon? And the Apostles sealed him away? Shit. Better dust off plans 1537A.64b and 2691Q.35r."
>"Wait. Empress was fated to die. Didn't die. Fate fucked up. Fate = Fallible. Fallible = Killable! Yes!"
>>
>>52804933
It's just part of his long-con man, you gotta believe in him.

He'll get his fedora of unlimited power eventually.
>>
>>52805012
Oh sure he will. The Technocrats and Illuminati will totally just let him do whatever. Until he oversteps his bounds.
>>
>>52805084
>Inb4 his trick is to look like a retard, over step have both techno and illuminaty put their paw in, hit each other accidentally and then see the blast off
>>
>>52805143
Wouldn't surprise me. Though player interaction might skew his plans somewhat, assuming players ever reach those levels.
>>
>>52805279
>Implying his plan isn't the players to fuck everything up for him
because the only thing more stupid and powerful than imperium is PCs
>>
>>52805351
Fact.
>>
>>52802270
I just want an OEF of Gaia 2, man. I want to dump Google Translated text into it and make an ersatz English edition. I can already do that to Core Exxet.

Only thing to do is shitpost at the authors.
>Anima Project and Modiphius team up for the second English release.
>>
>>52807735
Never ever.

Tey say they have something "planned"
>>
>>52807735
I've googled translated large portions of Gaia II using OCR software and Google Translate. It works pretty well for the gist of it Anon.

And Core Exxet isn't worth it. The changes are too minor to bother doing an unofficial translation beyond the changelog we've already got around the community.
>>
>>52807779
>The changes are too minor
M8....

It'd be best to have them in parity plus the whole spell list, since some of the spells aren't properly translated.
>>
>>52807790
>M8....

The rules text is largely by and by the same as the old book, per the members of the official forums who can read spanish. The changes are decent in length as the changelog document floating around shows, but in regards to how they fit in the actual book, apparently they don't change much. The exception is with all the paths of magicof course, but honestly, changing it from the old approach to the new approach made them way simpler anyways.

And in that same vein, the fluff is apparently untouched except for minor corrections, perhaps not even that. Been awhile and my notes were lost when I transitioned computers.
>>
>>52807849
A new edition would also try to fix problems in formating, make things clearer, maybe just do a whole new edition doing a bit of reformat of some spells, clearing doubts, etc... stuff that was made in the first spanish forum.
>>
>>52808016
That's the changes between the lines yes, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the text content, the meat of the book, which is largely by and by the same.
>>
>>52804548
That's the Exterminator Angel, Alexias (Lvl. 11, Shadow). He resides in Kanon in a church... I think is called Saint Bernabe's off the top of my head.
>>
>>52803923
Anon, most setting characters at Level 10+ barely have +5 or +10 gear, and for quite a lot of them, they don't even have quality gear. PC's are the same usually, and a campaign can go from 0-10 without seeing a single +10 item, though +5 items are bound to show at some point.

Mechanically, enchanting a set of Full Field Plate to be +20 Quality means someone has to be capable of utilizing Level 4 Powers. As an artifact craftsman, this means you need to be able to hit 320 Runes, 440 Occultism, 340 Alchemy, and 380 Animism. This is incredibly impractical for a number of reasons, but the main bit is most craftsmen of Gaia barely have 60 in their skill. Some of those skills, like animism, are so rare as to be nonexistent on top of that. There are those more skilled of course, but even considering the breadth of the Magus Order and similar organizations, who have trouble making Level 1 and Level 2 artifacts, it really puts into perspective how restricted such items are. (And how hard it is to learn a skill that high)

On a note of who "could" craft such an item, it's plausible the three swordsmiths of the Inquisition could get together to maybe make a Level 4 item, but that's unlikely due to their focus on smaller lawbringers and how long it would take them. (Probably a decade)

There's the wandering turtle island of Chigot in Gaia II. Got a bunch of North Clan descendants there... they could probably team up together to work that out.

Otherwise, the most common secondary ability to enchant things, which is Occult, has inflated values. To hit a Level 4 power, you need to hit 440 on a roll. One, most setting characters just outright do not have zen, so that is impossible anyways, and two, even the Level 14 Infinite Orb only has 380 Occult, which gives it a %40 chance of failure when trying to make a "single" Level 4 power at a +0 modifier for time and similar.

So long story short... I fully disagree Anon.
>>
Are there any guidelines for how strong enemies should be?
>>
>>52808453
If you're asking about a CR like system anon, the answer is no.

Rule of thumb however, a fight between equal level combatants is roughly balanced unless someone has a very powerful ability or item. Even +1 Level over your players can be extremely rough, and DR creatures are not to be underestimated when thrown against normal characters. A horde of Level 0 zombies will maul the everliving shit out of a party of Level 1's for example. DR is not to be trifled with if the group has low-damages (like shortarms or weaker martial arts).

I suggest working out a series of averages between your players and whatever enemies you want to throw up against them. Use them to calculate how hard a fight will be (and do try to factor in ability use). Luck and open rolls may help them to win, but if your PCs can only scratch their enemies on a roll of 90+, you may want to step back a little and figure something else out. (Unless of course they've gone and picked a fight with someone stupid like... Kisidan.)
>>
>>52779191
Common sense dictates a Quinn Sheele can't turn into a Dragon, for even if they are natural beings they later on become between worlds beings as they age. They're a special exception to a lot of rules really.

The fluff text states, "Animal or plant", personally, I would not count a dragon amongst that hah...
>>
>>52808362

Sure... For NPC's.

For players, especially casters, it's completely viable to drop one CP to get Occult or Alchemy to cost 1DP, and put almost everything into it.

Then you make a +X item. Zen by level 5 isn't difficult.

And making +10 equipment by level 10 is downright trivial.
>>
>>52809066
this, anima PCs are basically a mini-imperium in the making.
Stupid powerful, stupid stupid too.
>>
>>52809134
That's why they have non-negligible Gnosis. What are the ways to increase Gnosis, anyway?
>>
>>52809318
but anon, fate is falible

PCs have shit gnosis but they don't work off those rules.
>>
>>52809066
>>52809134
>>52809318
It all depends on the game itself anon. If a GM decides it's ok for PC's to drop 400 points into a skill and surpass the Infinite Orb, then they can do so and walla, artifacts of Level 4 power made.

If you go strictly by setting however, there are huge limits placed on those that inhabitant the world. Think about it. 380 Occult, on the Infinite Orb. A supernatural device with so much knowledge contained within as to be as straight level 5+ artifact. That's what 380 Occult means.

Can you tell me honestly, if you go by that comparison, that a PC would have equal knowledge? The answer is no. I'd say a soft cap would be 240~, mainly because it places a PC in the realm of the "greats" like Sophia Illmora or whatever her name is and the dude underneath Lucanor.

The setting of Gaia has a lot of unwritten rules about how it functions. Playing it straight results in a down-to-earth game really. I like to use wizards as an example. Most wizards will have 40 in a single path, while even the greats of the Magus Order barely have 65-70 in a single path (the special Magi with a title I can't remember the name of). Not a single Magus of the Magus order has 80 in a path. Which makes a lot of sense if you look at how rare grimoires like Ethelrdea's Memories are. The knowledge simply does not exist in a widespread fashion.

None of this stops a GM from changing the setting so it fits their mechanical goals and whatnot, or the players from growing to those heights. I'm just talking from a strict setting perspective as is. I like higher powered stuff myself, albeit not too much higher powered stuff. (I like expanding horizontally through special abilities, not vertically through numbers)
>>
>>52809520
Counterpoint: PCs are retards.

They're the kind of people to topple governents and send gaia into a massive warn thorn shithole just so they get +5 to hit.

Again, I personally assume PCs are cutthroat enough and willing to backstab anyone and everyone to gain just a tinybittybit of power and ending up being shakers not willingly, but because they don't care, they're a band of special need people with too much fucking power.

And yeah, you're right on the setting parts
>>
>Anima assumes low optimization
wow
>>
>>52809608
Get out GITP we like our chars to be fluffy.
>>
>>52809567
I enjoy PC shenanigans too so I'm not opposed to watching them do crazy stuff just to get a little bit "ommph".

I just like to keep setting balance in mind so I can push/pull/manipulate it on the fly. My players are at the point personally where they will surpass all of their enemies in skill unless they look upwards to the nasty baddies floating around (They're 6, 7, 7, 7, 8). The mage has two paths at 80, the Dark Paladin has a control ability of over 300, the shadow/technician has some monster ki techniques. They easily surpass everyone they face, but that doesn't mean it's still not a challenge for them to fight less knowledge able foes. That light beam spell or sword coming at your face is still something you have to block.

It's a good idea to look at Dramatis Personae to find how higher tier setting characters are balanced. (Nerelas for example, at Level 14, has a lot lower secondaries you might think.)
>>
>>52809680
Funfact: Everyone in anima is vulnerable to min-maxed stealth assassins.

even min-maxed PCs
>>
>>52809704
Assassins with high damages are filthy, especially when combined with range, from behind, surprise, and why not, total blindness penalties.

Of course, if said theoretically assassin has access to Ashuriam... everyone is fucked even worse. Pretty nasty stuff.

>>52809608
And please, optimization can mean a huge amount of things in Anima. A normal PC with %60 of his DP in Combat Primary is optimized to keep up his enemies his level. In comaprison, a lot of setting NPCs (check dramatis personae) and generic NPCs do not have maxed combat stats. At the lower levels you see with basic soldiers, it's not as easy to see, but at higher levels? There are some enemies which are missing a ton of potential attack or defensive power. Carlos has a scheme in his head which is hard to figure out sometimes...

Anyways, "lol optimization the warrior has 18 Dex and 15+ Str, Con, and Agi because of spammed Ki Augmentation" can be a thing... but that's annoying and ignores setting limitations on that sort of thing.
>>
>>52809818
>assassin is using a fucking canon
>Point black

Yes Gamers: the movie this is viable in anima.
>>
>>52808204
It is. I searched Gaia 1 for his name.

>>52809030
I guess, but I'm not about to take it back from them, as that shit was pretty awesome, including the consecutive one-shotting of both a Lord of Darkness and an Infernal Duke by said dragon fairy.

>>52809066
Exactly. My level 11 Warlock's packing a 270 Occult because he spread his stuff out(and 100 of that is from Elan with Erebus), but he's sitting on Creation and Knowledge magic that can jump that up, he can create Beings with fairly decent occult scores for his assistants, can create the tools he needs, and has Earth Magic to quick-forge whatever item he wants to enchant. And the party runs into enough Big Nasty Supernatural Things that he has a steady supply of esoteric materials.

>>52809134
>Stupid stupid, too
Heard at least once every month:
>Mentalist: "I Psychic Railgun"
>GM: "Do you make sure you're not going to hit any friendlies?"
>"Uhhhhh..."
>*sigh* "High or Low?"
>"Uhhh... Low."
>[High]
>"Welp, you hit the WarSum for... 80 damage."
>Warsum: "God fucking damn it! That's a crit."
>GM: "Phys Resist 156."
>Warsum: "Need at least an 80." *roll* "Of fucking course not." *death glare at Mentalist*
>Mentalist: "Sorry."

>>52809318
Magic, usually. Specifically Light, Darkness, Creation, and Essence paths. Though good luck avoiding enemy Summoners.
Also Elan 100 with Erebus, but you only attain that sweet, sweet, GN 45 in the wake/your dreams.
That aside, there's playing an Ebudan or Ebudan Nephilim and completing your destiny.
That's about it.

>>52809704
Agreed. The PCs who one-shot Level 10 demons had trouble with, and nearly died to, a pair of Ahriman because they don't have high Notice or Search.

>>52810057
>Assassin with a cannon.
Well. New character idea.
>>
isnt there a system that can do what anima does but easier?
>>
>>52811096
That depends entirely on what you mean.

That said, Mutants and Masterminds or Tenra Bansho Zero are similar.
>>
Is Gate of Memories any good? Thinking about getting it.
>>
>>52811259
I've heard middling reviews.
Nothing in detail, mind, just that everything is so-so.
>>
>>52811312
It's better than that other game, though.
>>
>>52811259
I personally really liked it, but it also felt like a game specifically made for me and nobody else because it hit all of my game fetishes if you will

all I can say is that the intro is the worst part of the game by far
>>
>>52811355
There was another game?
I mean, aside from Tactics.
>>
>>52811427
A Wii one, Ark of Sinners
>>
>>52810972
If your game has people getting to 100 Elan with any Beryl or Shajad, it's definitely atypical in that setting wise that sort of thing happens once every two thousand years. Not bashing you, but certainly, getting up that high would take a truly immense amount of work IC. I believe someone's example I once heard had them RP'ing for roughly two years straight before they managed to hit 100 Elan in Erebus.

In the case of 100 Elan though, that's pretty special. Wouldn't be a bad thing to let stack you up to 320+ Occult.

I like 100 Elan Erebus too. My player is pacted to the Gaira Wyrm of Erebus, so maybe he'll hit it eventually.

Mechanically by the way, Creation magic cannot raise knowledge secondaries and Knowledge does not have an outright mechanical boost. Compendium does not strictly count. But that's a minor quibble lol.
>>
>>52812089
Two years is about how long the campaign has been running. The others have at most 60 Elan, but they've got a wider spread of Beryls/Shajads that they've synced with. The WarSum is maining Azrael/Rafael pretty strongly and is in lesbians with Gabriel's dragon, while the Mentalist is heaviest in Eriol, with Uriel a close second.
>Spoiler
In my character's case, it's more he's a student/unwitting one-time(so far) lay of that specific dragon. They haven't pacted yet, though he has figured out that the woman he fell for is, in fact, Manah Razz. The others have not.
And you're right about the Creation/Knowledge spells. It's the Free Access Spell "The Gift of Knowledge" that's shenanigans on a stick.
>>
>>52812193
That's where the limit of the setting comes into play usually. Of all the statted beings so far, we have one that has any paths at 100. And that's Baal, the Level 17~ ish messenger. He has Dark, but I can't remember the others. He can't even use Divine Magic since he's only Gnosis 40 amusingly, he just has them so if he was able to build the world into his Hell he could use them.

A Level 90-100 Spell, AKA a Divine Spell, takes up a library the size of a metropolis, if it were to be stored as a formula for all to learn. Reading and comprehending a single such spell alone would take a vast amount of time. usually ten years or so.

In-setting, there is pretty much no such library, but again, if the GM made it available, then hey, it's available. It's just usually the cheese of those spells is impossible to use straight outright by dint of being unable to learn it, not even counting Gnosis for High/Divine magics.

Two years though, sounds about right. Those lesbians sound hilarious, and my player is in a similar situation in that he's the only one who knows the true extent of Manah's power. He'd damn well better after getting her to fall in love with him.
>>
>>52812343
Not very familiar with anima but is there any way for a pc to expand upon their current magic without outside sources.
Like lets say i have a magic at 30 can i do my own research and build it up to 40 on my own.
Or is the only way to learn magic from existing sources of knowledge?
>>
>>52812343
Well, the fortunate thing about my character is that he's the Speedwagon of the group. Lotsa support, not a lot of direct involvement since I had to take up the GM reins after the second session, due to the initial GM - WarSum's player - hitting a creative roadblock as far as where to take the story.

There is one library in-setting, it belongs to an order out of Gabriel, IIRC. the ones with the special signet rings.

And the lesbians are hilarious. Normally, the WarSum is the perfect Ruatha Synn Incarnate: blunt, short-fused, and a woman of action. The second - the instant - that Ahura Vainya shows up all cheerful and huggy and loving, she frickin' melts into a sighing, fawning, pile of mush. Meanwhile, the Mentalist get's plastered with Uriel and Eriol's dragons, goes to The Lady casino, and gets booted for taking the place for half of what it's worth through "luck".
>>
>>52812525
One library in-setting where you could find that knowledge, is what I meant to say.
>>
>>52812451
There really is no way for you to learn through experimentation. That's by design, as they want the GM to make you work for your more powerful spells. For an argument as to why this should be the case, consult the level 60 Essence spell Greenness, which, at Arcane level, is a 60km RADIUS ball of whatever existing natural creature you want. Ermines, bees, T-rexes, whatever. THAT'S why.
>>
>>52811427
Speaking of video games, I've been considering trying to wrestle RMVXA into something like Anima.
>>
>>52812737
Tried it a bit for a mapping tool when I ran my players through the Ferris Mansion. Wound up getting mad at the UI, and instead downloaded a map of the RE1 Mansion and using that.
Led to my players referring to that particular quest as Hallway Simulator 2015.
>>
>>52812451
By RAW, or the system as usual, the answer is yes. Arcana Exxet's chart, which is unwieldy as fuck in my opinion, means you can experiment and learn new spells without a grimoire or teacher. It's just much harder, to the point of being impossible, for low leveled mages to really progress without one of either.

Personally, I use abbreviated rules to make the whole learning chart less dumb, but it is what it is.
>>52812525
I wasn't away Belasarius had divine magic tucked away inside their libraries lol. At least that sounds like it'd be Belasarius.

And damn that sounds like a lot of fun. I've only introduced Manah (Erebus), Kirie (Azrael), and now Barakiel (Cherubim) up to this point. I think it'd be hilarious to get another player of my pacted to one of them, but it's unlikely at this point.
>>
>>52813276
The first real quest the players went on was to Fin Island, which turned out to be where Svalkistalazar(Zemial) was napping, which turned into the party hauling ass for the ships when a 2v1 battle of Kirie and Manah vs Svalki erupted. Served as their big meeting point with Manah. They have since encountered every one of the dragons bar Abbadon's. Even sat in on a council of sorts between the lot of them when they got together to discuss why these weird earthquakes and sudden cropping-up of Jurgand agents heckling the smarter people is going on. Protip: the party has unknowingly been breaking seals on Omega's prison at the behest of the Shadow. They're going to run into Abby's dragon next sesh, probably. He's currently on the border of Dwanholf and Moth looking to make contracts. Only problem for him is he's going to be setting off the WarSum's Azrael Justice Alarms the second she spots his Evil Aura.
>>
>>52813393
I love the sound of this. Amusingly, I've slowly planned to introduce the whole array of dark/light wyrms as well. And amusingly, I paired Kirie and Manah as occasional allies as well. They might be opposites in a lot of respects, but the dragons are beyond typical followers of the Shajads and Beryls because at heart, they're siblings/kin. I hope it ends well hah.
>>
>>52813608
Exactly. I figured Eriol and Uriel's dragon's were probably fraternal twins or something, so I made their human forms very similar. Other odd teamups i've had occur have been Orgus Zangros(Noah) talking about perfect workout routines with Cherubim(Barakiel), and Legion Ramses(Jedah) losing a trading card game(that he invented, think Force of Will/MtG with human characters like the players, the Hand of the Empress, etc.) to Ahura Vainya(Gabriel), who runs a deck based entirely around the WarSum. There is one other dragon aside from Abby's that the players haven't met, and that's Levanah Zoroaster(Edamiel) because I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring out how to introduce him/her/it properly. The whole sex and Nihilism thing's throwing me off track.
>>
Remember Eriol and Uriel are the same guy.
>>
>>52813758
Or ARE they?
>>
>>52813837
They're. We all know it.
>>
>>52813738
What's that programming again?
>>
>>52813874
*Program.
>>
>>52813874
Rinmaru Games anime avatar creator.
>http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=mega-anime-avatar-creator
Pretty good for heavily anime styling.
>>
File: Kirie Klarium.jpg (68KB, 600x974px) Image search: [Google]
Kirie Klarium.jpg
68KB, 600x974px
>>52813738
Edamiel is just a hard Beryl to deal with anyways. I've never seen a PC pull it off right, too much emotion showed at certain tiers that contradicts the nature of the Beryl as a whole. Otherwise, goddamn, that's hilarious. I can see ancestral dragons doing that sort of pawn-game easily though, all the shits and giggles. As for the pics you got going on, I like them all a lot.
Pretty good job hah. The only two I'd do different is Cherubim and Manah. Also, that Kirie pic is simialr enough to what I had for her lol.
Different styles though obviously.
>>
>>52813738
>all of them have human forms except for Legion Ramses, who doesn't give a fuck about that shit
>>
>>52816371
Legion human form is himself but tiny with a shirt that reads (100% human).
>>
File: The party and their dragons.png (2MB, 1320x1660px) Image search: [Google]
The party and their dragons.png
2MB, 1320x1660px
>>52814120
That's a nice pic. And yeah, cherubim I kinda feel like I copped out and went with Renaissance-era Cherub looks. Though as far as acting out his personality, I like to imagine him as having heavy-duty OCD. And the Manah Pic is not her usual form, it's the form when she goes AS Manah. Her usual form, a "Devah" poet named Amala, is a bit different. Also, she usually is wearing an ornate blindfold.
And Kirie is just that kinda no-nonsense dragon that just takes on whatever human form is practical, no frills or nothing. She has better things to do, like dispense indiscriminate justice.
>>
File: Legion Ramses Art and Model.jpg (112KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Legion Ramses Art and Model.jpg
112KB, 500x500px
>>52816567
No, Legion's got no human form, as he's currently a half-dragon. Probably wears a Humanforce shirt, though.
>>
>>52818204
>i will help samael!
>but the fallen angels have to buy me humanforce merch.
>Ophiel buy me meeerch!
>>
>>52818847
>Spends a day terrorizing his subordinates
>Retires to his chamber
>Puts on the latest hit record by Andiel.
>Cuddles his Elisabeta body pillow
>Whispers: "Someday"
>>
>>52818194
Hot damn, that's one cute party you got there. I want to do lewd things to every single one of them.
Even the men.
Especially the men.
>>
>>52820522
The downside of being appearance 9+...
>>
File: Anima NPCs - The Dragons.png (5MB, 2040x2692px) Image search: [Google]
Anima NPCs - The Dragons.png
5MB, 2040x2692px
>>52820522
Also, good luck getting at any of the guys. Warlock has a shapeshifting Being named Sakashima that is frequently a body double/stand-in, The Mentalist has Teleportation, and the Dragon is one, a fucking dragon, and two the dragon of Freedom and G-ing the F O.

Honestly, Mentalist is probably your best bet, if you have a way to shut down his matrices.

>>52814120
Here's a different interpretation of the Dragons.
>>
>>52820467
>Nerelas joins Samael
>Hey nerelas.
>What. Will you help me kill all the filthy humans? The repulsive duk'zarist ape Ophiel is with me on this one.
>Buy me Humanforce: Fallen Sylvania. You're contractually forced to.

And that is why nerelas doesn't work with samael much.
>>
>>52821427
Kek.

Here's one that has actually happened to the party.

Long story short, they've been on-again-off-again trying to find and stop Nerelas from unleashing Filisnogos. This led to their first encounter with Legion.

>Yes, humans. I will provide what information I come across in regards to Nerelas' movements. In return, you will occasionally help my agents out. And you must sign these forms.
*Passive notice rolls, Warsum makes the check*
"WarSum, you notice that the paper seems unusually thick around the signature spot."
*WarSum pulls the sheet apart from the one behind it, out falls a "Cheops-brand Zeon: the Accumulation trading card with her character on it. The signature area was over the card*
>Uhhh... Whats this?
>*Badpokerface.dragon*
>*Dinah facepalms*
>*from Covel* Really Legion? You do this now?
>*Extremelybadpokerface.dragon*

They wound up signing the cards anyway. Every so often, new cards show up on the table of their home base, with a note asking for their signature. They've also encountered two Samael agents badly trying to cover up the fact that they were playing the game right before the party showed up.
>>
>>52821642
10/10 typical legion.
>>
File: file.png (171KB, 2000x2177px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
171KB, 2000x2177px
>>
>>52821814
Magus Order: Mid left?
Yehudah: Deep lib right?
>>
>>52821895
Yehudah are literally magic nazies anon.
>>
>>52821932
Gotcha, so up with the Duks, then.
>>
>>52821960
Yep, Inquisition/duk/yehudah are up there, they also happen to loathe the shit out of each other.
>>
>>52822003
I think most of the secret powers loathe shit out of each other. 'cept maybe the nice half of Samael, Magus Order for the most part, Wissen kinda, some of the Heaven Order, Sylvia Sylvanus, and like three or four Inquisitors.
>>
What books are best for learning about the lore? I'm planning on reading the core and Gaia 1, but do I need to read the others to be familiar with it? Also, where are you guys finding out about the personalities of the various beings? Do they have fictions written about them somewhere?
>>
>>52822117
Core and Gaia 1 will cover 99% of the lore. There're just neat little blurbs about summons in Arcana, and artifacts in Prometheum.
As for the personalities of most of the characters, some of it can be inferred by reading what little can be found in Gaia 1 or on their Anima Tactics entry if they have a figure.
But most of what we discuss can best be attributed to GM fuckery.
>>
>>52822277
I see, thank you. I'm going to be running a campaign in the canon setting for once, so I was worried that I might utterly fuck up a personality and get called out on it.
>>
>>52822312
When it comes to the Gaira and C'iel dragons, just look at what the elan requirements are for their patrons, and extrapolate a personality(complete with a quirk or two, for fun) from there.

There's also, for some reason, a belief by started by some on this site, that Matthew Gaul sleeps in various barrels, from wine to pickle ones, and keeps a journal cataloging them based on comfort, space, smell and other qualifiers, called Mein Kampfy Barrel.
Don't ask me why. I have zero fucking clue how it got started.
>>
>>52822574
Because matthew gaul is
1. Paranoid
2. Paranoid
3. Totally not napoleon.
>>
>>52822831
Money's on he's wound up floating in the middle of a lake in one of his barrels, with a piece of paper stuck to his head. written on that piece of paper is the word JUSTICE.
Anna Nevar's been at it again.
>>
>>52822863
>and then civil war started
>>
>>52822877
Probably the real root cause. All that nonsense about "Empire is for Christians only REEEE" is just a cover.
>>
how fast gameplay is?
>>
>>52823130
Much fast
>>
>>52822090
In levels of hatred
>Imperium
Everyone, probably begrudgingly accepts the inquisition out of them falling for the christ scheme
>Wissen
Probably think of everyone as fucking stupid.
>Inquisition
Begrudgingly they'd ally with human majority factions before shit like samael, but even then Empire>Wissen>Azur. They won't ally at all with fucking black sun, samael or similar.
>Samael
50/50 split in "KILL ALL HUMMIES" and "We just wanna live bruh"
>Sylvia
Is probably the "nice" samael.
>>
>>52825370
More like
>Imperium
Thinks every "regular" human is untermensch, some hate for the other races, with special hateboners reserved for Sylvain and Duk'Zarist.
>Wissen
Thinks everyone is fucking stupid, but if Prince Luke says work with them, you fucking work with them, because ain't nobody back-sassing Lucanor.
>Tol Rauko
KNOWS FOR A FACT that everyone is fucking stupid, so tries to keep artifacts/supernatural creatures from getting missused/destroyed by the ignorant masses.
>Inquisition
You're spot on there. Though there are rare exceptions, i.e. Alexias.
>Samael
Spot on
>Sylvia
Oddly enough, is not actually Samael, though some in the faction probably would like to recruit her. Has also palled around with Anna Nevar once or twice, though the two still don't know each other's true identities.
>>
>>52825513
Nice samael there meant she's like anna, fine working to keep innocents safe.

Her brother is the angry samael "KILL ALL HUMMIES NOW"
>>
>>52825553
Ahhh.. My bad.

>Black Sun
Science at any cost. Cares about nothing save turning a profit. Though if the Steiner family finds out what R&D has been doing, shit's going to go down.
>Yehudah
"In ze kommink var, de normies shall be put in ze kamps! Ze Ubermensch Mystics und Psychics shall rule ze vurld!"
>Magus Order
"Magic isn't completely evil" while trying to protect wizards and the like from persecution at the hands of the Inquisition.
>Selene
Third wave feminism, the faction.
>>
>>52822277
>>52822117
If you can read Spanish, or want to put up with interpreting Google Translate, Gaia 2 has most of the rest of the lore. Prometheum Exxet would have some on the various artifacts, but the FFG translation is hot shit, so you'd have to throw the Spanish one into GTrans to try and work out what it's supposed to be.
>>
>>52827047
The fact that Google Translate is a step UP from FFG's translation is pretty telling as far as how much FFG actually cared about Anima.
>>
Barnabus was here.
Technocrap and Illuminumbnuts can suck it.
>>
>>52828782
FFG translation is awful in general, they can't translate for shit.
>>
File: When the DM uses breakage rules.png (380KB, 728x564px) Image search: [Google]
When the DM uses breakage rules.png
380KB, 728x564px
Reminder to give +5 instead of +10 to durability on weapon upgrade
>>
>>52832817
Is that something that got errata'd in Core Exxet?
>>
>>52834798
No, just reminder since otherwise weapons become quickly extremely hard to break
>>
>>52834843
Yeah, okay. I can see that.
Though I'd argue that it should remain +10 on enchanted stuff, since it's nature makes it immediately better quality.
>>
File: The GM uses Breakage rules.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
The GM uses Breakage rules.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>52834987
Forgot pic.
>>
>>52835028
source ?
>>
>>52835063
Roberta's Blood Trail.

Actually pretty shitty.
>>
>Finally after 2 years of half-assed games we get the rules
>Things go fine for a while
>The DM decides to invite for no reason another guy
>He joins the bad guys just because
>Everyone dies and my favorite character forever lost

Fucking mentalists they ruin everything
>>
>>52836206
Mentalism is a mistake, wissenchaft are retards, what else is news?
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.