[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Given all the stories of fairy god mothers, how would that go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1463664312420.jpg (348KB, 1000x1163px) Image search: [Google]
1463664312420.jpg
348KB, 1000x1163px
Given all the stories of fairy god mothers, how would that go according to actual myths, and would you ever let one be your child's god mother?
>>
No, mythic Fae are dangerous as fuck.
>>
>>52767067
Umm, of course?

>>52767098
Please. Even Death and Satan make great godfathers in legends.
>>
>>52767067
Are you going to insult them by telling them no?

Yeah, that's what I thought.
>>
>>52767067
Option 1: Refuse the fairy. Result: Pissed off fairy, horrible things happen.
Option 2: Allow the fairy. Result: Maybe a different pissed off fairy. If so, horrible things happen, but good things also happen because of the not-angry fairy. Or maybe your kid gets a fairy on his side.

Saying no always leads to shit, saying yes only sometimes leads to shit and the shit's not so bad.
The real question is why anybody hasn't genocided the fey.
>>
>>52767067
The other PC is half-fey ascending into fey.
So, probably, unless we end on a spat.
>>
>>52767067
If I were poor and had multiple children, sure, why not? If I were wealthy and had few. No. Never.
>>
>>52767158
It's worth appreciating, all these people talking about how dangerous fae are in the old Fair Folk legends, that the same people who thought up these faerie stories also had REALLY strong feelings about the sanctity of family.

Making a mythical creature your child's godparent is 9/10 a great idea, since this eldritch wood-dweller will likely take their duty VERY seriously.

Maybe your child ends up not too popular with witch hunters, or maybe they eventually have to go live with the fae after a certain point in their life, but the point is 1: they have a powerful magic mentor/caretaker, and 2: you've essentially facilitated an alliance for your family with said powerful magic creature.
>>
>>52768771
What if their idea of care taking is to abduct your children for sidereal centuries and keep them nice and safe in cages in their study?
>>
>>52767067
Only if they are good with setting them on a good financial path as well as establishing a form of parenting.
>>
>>52771560
Idk, "what if"? What if their idea of breakfast is bludgeoning themselves with a spork for five minutes? I was just going by what these creatures tend to behave like in the stories OP was evoking. If we don't have that to go on, then it's just a "depends on the setting" issue.
>>
>>52771764
What world do you live in where fairies are reasonable, logical, and human-interest-oriented?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.