[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Limited: Pre-prerelease Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 58

File: amonkhet.jpg (45KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
amonkhet.jpg
45KB, 720x405px
Planning on going to the prerelease?

Planning on doing the Trials?

What archetypes are looking good?

What do you hope to open?
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12748139
>>
>>52766954
>Green is third
Why?
>>
>>52767432
I dunno. Green gives you both fixing and ramp in this set.
>>
>>52767432
I really don't know, Red has some really good creatures but they are few and far between while Green has a fuckload of cheap and way ahead of curve beaters that can easily get rid of their downside with any of the cheap embalming creatures.
>>
RG seems the most solid if the deck ends up being 90% commons
WR exert with untap/vigilance abilities seems nice, but depends on key uncommons
WB durdly/stally not my thing
UB cycle idk looks weird and sort of needs good late game creatures to close games
GB looks interesting, still figuring out the shitty counters thing
UG could be a thing
WU Skies is always a limited all star, but this sets fliers are super vanilla imo
WG like WU Skies is always solid in limited imo

Hoping for a good pool of cards this weekend
>>
>>52767432
you seem to have steered the hivemind

my first thought was also green, but blue tied for last doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It didn't get a lot of good early reveals, but after full spoilers it turned out to be a solid color. White has no legs imo because at common it's trash tier and its only truly good cards are at rare
>>
>>52769609
nothing wrong with vanilla fliers. Fucking downside drakes won me my last AER sealed. That said I think a different color would be better to support blue this set
>>
Green and black are my mains, with white support if I get the good cheap embalms. that's magic christmasland though, just need to see what I get.
>>
>>52769762
Hinterland Drake was the best common in AER limited, not being able to block all the 1/1, 1/2, and 2/1 artifacts was barely a downside.
>>
A friend and I are hitting up a 2HG prerelease. We're planning on jamming green as much as possible in one deck and probably white in the other, with other colors to flavor. From our limited experience with the Amonkhet simulator, red and blue don't feel consistent enough. Cartouche tribal is insane though - the black trial and the green trial lead to total board control.
>>
>Pre-release
>Draft

Aren't these sealed?
>>
>>52771716
Who said anything about draft? Sealed is a limited format.
>>
>>52766949
>Planning on going to the prerelease?
I've still to decide
>What archetypes are looking good?
cycle, exert and token seems all good, maybe embalm/zombie too
>What do you hope to open?
possibly not dispossed...
>>
>>52771769

I have no idea where I read that either. Nevermind!
>>
>>52766949

My friend and I are going to three events, two normal pre-releases and a 2HG.

I'm really hoping I can play red Hazoret, I'm usually Aggro as fuck, and end up in Top Deck mode more often than not. She's just my jam.

I am hoping to open two of her cause I think she has a place in my Modern Naya Zoo deck.
>>
Yea THG
In limited? Heckbent and zombos
As foretold and gids
>>
>all these scrubs talking about how they want to force x color in a sealed event
>not playing the best cards of your pool

Its okay I guess. More easy wins for me.
>>
>>52771986
It's not so much about forcing a color as hoping for a color.
>>
As weird as it sounds, white have the best common/uncommon removals in this set.
>>
File: white-removal.jpg (90KB, 446x311px) Image search: [Google]
white-removal.jpg
90KB, 446x311px
>>52772364
Why would that be weird?
>>
Where can I find people to draft Amonkhet for cockatrice? I tried dr4ft but it was empty
>>
>>52766949
Yeah
Really hope to get at least one harsh mentor.
>>
File: Sextuple suns.png (560KB, 1027x491px) Image search: [Google]
Sextuple suns.png
560KB, 1027x491px
>Go to prerelease
>Get your pool color-sorted
>See this
What do you do? There's also only 1 mana dork and 1 piece of ramp in the pool.
>>
If i'm plannig on playing mono green, is naga vitalist a good replacement for channeler's initiate?
>>
Been running some sealed pool generators, and Sealed looks like a really bad format for this set. The archetypes are too diverse, you can almost never end up putting together a deck that looks fun.

But then I started trying 2HG pools. It looks absolutely insane. You can almost always make 2-3 incredible decks, the power level is crazy.

I think I'm only going to hit my store's 2HG event.
>>
WR seems the best to me if you get even a couple good uncommons.
WB or RG seem next best to me, and again depend on uncommons.
GB could trump WB and RG if you get the synergy, but is less likely to happen i think.

U is a horrible main color this set, but also the best splash color. If you get a few evolving wilds, it might be worth splashing into any combination, but otherwise any deck with blue will be like Wu or Gu and not WU/GU.

Of course, all this could go out the window if a mythic shows up as well.

I really hope I can build a boros wins deck. Always been my favorite style.
>>
>>52778557
>sealed pool generators
link? None of the generators i've tried have been working last few days.
>>
>>52777835
Probably not play any of them

But if I decided to try I would run the blue-black cycling deck to guarantee I hit my land drops and 2 second suns by turn 8 or 9, plus every defensive creature I could, splashing whatever white bombs I had.

Run the blue untapper for ramp as well if its in the pool
>>
>>52777835
Two of the fun things i will run if i got them.
If i got two of them Suns and a bunch of good white cards.

If i got two of either Drake Haven and Faith of the Devoted and enough cycling cards, i will run them.
>>
>>52766949
Going to the Saturday at noon one local to me.

Oh, cause its been 5 years since i played. Cycling is a sorcery effect right?
>>
File: plzpool.jpg (175KB, 1186x627px) Image search: [Google]
plzpool.jpg
175KB, 1186x627px
What are the fucking odds of opening this pool. I seriously should stop with the simulators.;_;
>>
File: sidebitch.jpg (198KB, 1194x615px) Image search: [Google]
sidebitch.jpg
198KB, 1194x615px
>>52783046
tis what was left on the sideboard
>>
i kind of want to go but it has been 10 years since i've played magic and i've not talked to the only friend i have who might go to the prerelease for 2 months.

;_;
>>
>>52783046
enjoy dropping like a brick if i put a 4 drop on the field.
>>
>>52777835
if your white is playable they can be your sideboarded wincon against non aggressive decks.
i wouldn't bother in the main deck. maybe.
>>
>>52777835
Depends on removal and the rest of the playables in white. Assuming white is good and i have access to them i would play 2. It's a pretty release, you know that I'm gonna jam stupid cards if i can
>>
>>52777835
take two and definitely try to build around them if my white and blue cards are decent. make sure I get a lot of cyclers as well so I can find them more quickly.
>>
>>52780664
Instant speed :)
>>
>>52777835
This will be what happens to me period
>>
>>52784892
Don't say that, you'll make gA sad.
>>
>>52766949
Hitting up 2 with my brother in law who is new to prerelease but not to sealed, midnight one saturday and morning one sunday.
Planning on doing the Trials?
Probably not, I don't like standard much and will only go down to the lgs's for drafting or pick up ordered singles
What archetypes are looking good?
Cycle
What do you hope to open?
Opened a mythic every prerelease I've been to since BFZ so hoping I continue the tradition
>>
>>52778720
I use Draftism
http://draftsim.com/
>>
>>52788246
I was using that for a while but when i got 2 sealed in a row with fucked pulls, like 5 evolving wilds or 4 cartouche of.... blue, knowledge i think. That doesn't help.
>>
>>52777835
Do it fucking anyway. I managed to go 2-2 in AER while running 7 bloody rares, it can't get much worse.
>>
>>52790185
magicdrafting.com is usually pretty solid.
Or you if you got the time you can download Xmage and play with people or bots. Sometimes new sets are buggy in the first week, but so far it looks pretty good.
>>
File: 3a9b440387b24a85b6b70a7df9fa8708.png (750KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
3a9b440387b24a85b6b70a7df9fa8708.png
750KB, 1328x747px
Can anyone make a list of bombs?

This is my first prerelease, I started a week ago. Could someone make an infographic of what to look for?

Or just a list, I can make an infographic out of that. I simulated 6 packs and now i'm trying to make a deck out of these proxies
>>
>>52791020
You'll have a way easier time doing sims using one of the sites mentioned above.

As for bombs, there are a bunch of 4/4 fliers, those are always good. Glorybringer, Seraph of Suns, Angler Drake, those guys. Except for the blue one the gods are pretty ok and obviously planeswalkers.
Removal that can reliably take out two or more cards is obviously good, and repeatable effects will help you if the game gets grindy.
>>
>>52788246
It looks like it has the ability to make a deck out of a list of cards. Is it possible to input your own sealed list and it churn out a deck?
>>
File: Top tier.png (7MB, 2801x1122px) Image search: [Google]
Top tier.png
7MB, 2801x1122px
>>52791020
Doing it myself, thought I'd share

These are top tier bombs
>>
File: Tier 2.jpg (2MB, 2760x1421px) Image search: [Google]
Tier 2.jpg
2MB, 2760x1421px
>>52791684
Tier 2
>>
File: Tier 3.jpg (1MB, 2652x1598px) Image search: [Google]
Tier 3.jpg
1MB, 2652x1598px
>>52791830
Tier 3
>>
I've never played Magic before, but at my Uni the group plays a lot and I really like Egyptian stuff so I was thinking about picking this game up. Out of those two Planeswalker decks, which would be the better choice?
>>
I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to go to a pre-release for this set. The set doesn't look like it's a lot of fun beyond a few extremely pushed cards.

But it really can't be worse than what my Aether Revolt pre-release was so there's that.
>>
>>52792318
in the long run they both suck hard so pick whatever seems more appealing to you
>>
>>52792342
Oh... should I just grab a bunch of boosters or one of those bundles/deckbuilders toolkits instead?
>>
>>52792358
Go to prerelease. Find a local game shop in your region and see if they're having a prerelease event.

You'll pay $25 for 6 packs which is already a deal. Plus you'll get a box a promotional card and a rolldown hitpoint dice which is great.

You take the cards you open from the 6 packs and play in a tournament with them. In my experience everyone is super helpful when you're first starting and they might just build your deck for you.

Learn the rules first, there are plenty of youtube videos, then have fun diving in headfirst! (Seriously it's super casual and $25 bucks for 6 packs and a tourny is a wicked deal!)
>>
>>52792358

In general, the pre-built decks are not very good, but they're fine to pick up and play against a friend to learn the rules.

Once you know how to play, you can play 'Limited' events such as Draft, where you pay an entry fee and then pass around booster packs taking a card each time. You then play each other with decks made of your picks. Your local store or group probably runs one of these every week and will be welcoming to new players.

If you want to play Constructed, where you build you own deck and bring it to play against other people, you should trade for or buy specific cards that you require. Your local store or group probably runs one or more of these events each week, but they are a little trickier to get to grips with; you should ask them for advice.

Never buy booster packs or other sealed products just to get the cards. It's just like buying scratch cards; gambling with terrible odds.
>>
>>52793675
Unless it's prerelease, that's guaranteed value
>>
>>52792161
>Aven
>bomb
what are people even tutoring for, lands?
>>
>>52794376
It's also a flash 2/1 flier
Pretty decent
>>
>>52794427
That gets removed by everything.
>>
>>52791830
>Merciless Javelineer
Holy shit! Cow tits?!
>>
>>52791684
>>52791830
>>52792161
Why no black trial? Hell, All the trials deserve to be on the list somewhere.
Why no Scarabs on -1/-1 counters (tier 3 sure, but if you get the cards it could be a game winner)?
>>
I don't really see how hellbent will be possible in limited as a "plan A" unless you target your self with discard.

Cycling in the same set is also pretty shit for synergy.
>>
>>52791684
>insult/injury
Did you put it up there just because it's a rare?
>>
>>52791684
What's the removal like? I know white has that Pacifism kind of enchantment as usual....it's also tempting to use blue for "counter target creature spell"
>>
>>52795460
The exclusion of Essence Scatter in the list proved that the guy knows nothing about limited play.
>>
>>52794449

>Person taps out during their turn since no visible threats
>Flash in right at the end of their turn
>Throw a few buffs on the bird
>Swing to win

In Limited I could easily see this taking games just like how I've often seen people stomp inexperienced players with that vanilla beater you pull.
>>
>>52792337

The cards are pretty solid overall. No BIG extravagant mechanic, but I can see lots of these cards playing in several other formats.

But I think this is a pretty shitty set to play in limited since I think most of the cards in it work better with other cards in standard or in other formats. They don't work all that well with just other cards in the set.
>>
>>52766949
So what do you get for doing the 5 trails? just a shitty triangle dice per each one you do?
>>
>>52795683
>magical Christmas land scenario

Not an argument.

I have only won one game like this in my 10 years of drafting and sealed events.

They better bomb is that flyer that buffs your guys for +1/+1

Plus there is plenty of instant speed removal this set.
>>
>>52794128
>Unless it's prerelease, that's guaranteed value

Even if your prerelease is flat prize structure and you're getting 8 packs for $25, that's an EV of below $16.

Buying sealed product is a fool's bet. Especially a standard set.

Of course if you enjoy playing Sealed, that's a good price and I encourage people to play at prerelease events.
>>
>>52792358
No. You still get two boosters with the deck. They suck but get one and have a friend get the other. They're designed to TEACH YOU THE GAME. The power level is low so people don't hoard them and so that the games go longer so you can better learn. They're also intentionally inconsistent (no sets of four cards). They are "noob traps" but they're just there so you can play casually.

Buy one and play the other one casually to learn the game. Then never buy it again for any future sets. Don't ever play one or a variant thereof at even an FNM unless you're prepared to lose every game.

Buy cards as singles if you want to save money. Use packs only for drafting or sealed. Opening packs is fun but really expensive.

Go to the prerelease. Nobody fully knows how the cards all will work out. This is the first chance to play the cards. Everybody only gets six packs for their deck. The playing ground is as level as possible. This a huge noob friendly event. You will be there for several hours just plan accordingly.
>>
File: Power level.jpg (268KB, 2398x948px) Image search: [Google]
Power level.jpg
268KB, 2398x948px
Yo I spent all fucking afternoon working on this file because I fucking suck at deckbuilding and I needed help myself putting together a deck.

Hit the top button and enter in all your cards, hit the middle button to sort by "power" to look for bombs, hit the third button to see how powerful each color is in relation to the other colors you drew

Go to prerelease guys!
>>
>>52799436
https://mega.nz/#!V8wAgLAC!h5m0qiM1cjZIT8s3-rsO0l2M2oAbB4xAf6uqMSz3S0Q

forgot link. I'll be working on this till saturday so I might post improvements later, but since it's 2am I've decided to stop working for today
>>
>>52794718
Tier 3 doesn't mean bad, just means not as good as tier 1 or 2
>>
>>52796135
Yes, but you get a shiny land of you do all of them
>>
>>52792358

If youre not familiar with lgs events, DON'T go to a pre-release. The crowd is fucking weird.

But yeah, just get ONE deck and ONE toolkit. You won't need to buy any of those again later even if you're a serious casual. I bought whatever precon decks and toolkits I could find and now I have this fat stack of worthless cards.
>>
>>52795683

He would still have summoning sickness.
>>
God I hate sealed.

My bombs are always in the wrong color. I get fucking janky build around rares with no cards to support them. I never have enough creatures AND removal in just two colors.
I legitimately don't understand how to make a proper sealed deck. It always ends up garbage.
>>
>>52800548
This. Watch me get six Approach of the Second Sun. I prefer Draft ten thousand times to sealed, it rewards skill, deckbuilding and understanding of the format better than "lol here's your random pile of jank i hope you cracked a bomb and removal if not tough luck pal".

Fortunately enough I happen to at least top 8 every time I do sealed in my store.
>>
>>52799831
Why would you talk about something you don't have any idea?
>>
>>52800548
I think that amonkhet sealed, considering all the mana mana fixers and the cycle lands, is safely a three-color format. Also: a good curve with efficient common creature is better than any bombastic goldfish bomb.
>>
>>52800714

A creature must exist for one consecutive turn.

Coming in on an opponents turn isnt a full consecutive turn the creature has completed
>>
>>52801435
Since the beginning of that players most recent turn.
So you play a creature on main phase 1, it is after the start of this turn, your most recent turn, and so it cant tap.
Play creature w flash on opponents end step, your turn rolls around, you have controlled it since the start of your most recent turn (this turn) so it can do stuff.
>>
>>52801462

You're playing on your opponents turn, not yours.
>>
>>52801493
The original discussion was about flashing in aven mindcensor end of opponents turn, with one person saying "its one full turn for summoning sickness"

Which is wrong because summoning sickness only cares about the start of your most recent turn, so flashing it in at end of opponents turn works.
>>
>>52801532

But the creature wasn't brought in on the players most recent turn, it came in during the opponents turn.
>>
>>52801586
That doesn't matter.

From the glossary of the Comprehensive Rules (Aether Revolt (January 20, 2017))
Summoning Sickness Rule
Informal term for a player’s inability to attack with a creature or to activate its abilities that include the tap symbol or the untap symbol unless the creature has been under that player’s control since the beginning of that player’s most recent turn. See rule 302.6. See also Haste.

You flash in a creature end of opponents turn, when it becomes your turn the creature will no longer have summoning sickness because it was on your side of field when turn started. It doesn't matter when it got played, because summoning sickness is "was it on your side of field when turn started"
>>
>>52801623

Ah. I'm gonna fuckin crack my "my friend is a judge" guy.

He's been getting away with some horseshit.
>>
>>52800767
>three colored
Only if you play green.
>>
>>52800548
Don't fall in love with your rares. See that common 5/5 for 5? Those are decent stats for that cost. A 6/7 hexproof uncommon for 6cmc? Fucking limited bomb right there
>>
>>52800644
I agree that draft is way better but it makes sense to be sealed for pre-release.
>>
File: 1492208415833.jpg (472KB, 1060x370px) Image search: [Google]
1492208415833.jpg
472KB, 1060x370px
>>52794502
Goat tits.
Amonkhet has been good for those into anthro women.
>>
>>52801978
painted bluffs, evolving wilds, cycle lands...you've already all the tools for the third color even without the Gift of paradise
>>
>>52800767
>>52800548
having tried to build some online generated sealed pools, i think that most of the rare bombs that would be worth splashing require double colored mana.Almost all multicolor cards don't have a gigantic powerlevel and are more oriented with synergizing with the colors themes; many cards that makes certain colors attractive are only really good when played on curve.

splashing might not be hard (basically everything that isn't a bomb only requires one colored mana) but might simply not be too profitable.
>>
>>52792161
>aven
>bomb

>shitty B archer ever doing anything
>monuments

KEK.

>forgetting about the 7 mana 7/7 wurm that cycles for 2.
>>
>>52777835
Fill the rest of the deck with cycling, removal and defensive cards and make a go of it.
>>
>>52799479
Yeah, exactly. Like the scarabs are good enough to count as a bomb. Even if its the lowest tier of bombs.
>>
Haven't played or drafted in years but I'm itching to play a few rounds. Is this going to be worth the few bucks for the draft and sealed or have the prereleases gone to shit and the set isn't looking any fun?
>>
>>52802745
Do you like ancient egypt? Cause if you do, its probably worth it. It hits the theme pretty hard.

Are you looking for complex interactions, or new dynamic gameplay? This set doesn't really have it. It's pretty vanilla except for the abundance of cycling, which is still a great keyword.

Worth a few bucks? I would say so for a limited setting. I've played in far far worse limited environments.
>>
File: bindingmummy.jpg (29KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
bindingmummy.jpg
29KB, 265x370px
>>52801671
>Not just googling rules yourself in 2017
>>
File: pjtfjok.jpg?w=235&h=300.jpg (49KB, 235x300px) Image search: [Google]
pjtfjok.jpg?w=235&h=300.jpg
49KB, 235x300px
>playing chaosdraft with some buds: 2 Conspiracy+1 MM3
>Open Jeering Homonculus, 2 Omenspeaker, 2 Penumbra Spider and Weight advantage
>While giving Jeering and Penumbra +1/+1 and lifelink with Noble Bannaret
Disgustingly fun
>>
>>52802385
The 1/2 Archer for B is incredible and I look forward to ruining people with it.
>>
>>52802745
every draft and prerelease is always worth it.
>>
>>52784697
what better way to rekindle a friendship than a old past time? Hit him up.
>>
>>52803293
Fucking chaos drafts
>8 people
>Sack of 24 booster packs
>Reach up, grab a pack out of the sack
>Circles around, its 24 different packs
>Got homelands (they gave me a second to get 16 cards total)
>Get invasion
>Get shadowmoor
>Guy next to me got innistrad, RtR and a revised pack
>Pulls a sweet rare
>disrupting scepter
>I go 3-0 on the back of a 3/1 shadow guy and some aggressive R/B new creatures with old burn spells.
First prize was a booster box of justin beiber trading cards. Pretty fun night. Id do it again if I could
>>
>>52804770
Were there any unhinged or unglued in the pool?
>>
>>52804797
One unglued, nothing really funny in the pack. Rare was something like slaughter games but for the whole match
>>
Anyone good with ruling here? No judge thread currently.
Can you target 2 creatures with Splendid Agony, but put both -1/-1 counter on just one creature? This is in connection with the blue illusion creature.
>>
>>52807902
As long as at least 1 target of the spell still is legal, the spell doesn't fizzle IIRC
>>
What are the big non-rare cards to be wary of for the prerelease? I'm shit at analysing this shit.
>>
>>52800644
Because you totally don't get jank in a booster draft? Please. One lucky player can wreck the entire draft with whatever sweet 1st pick they make in their 3 packs. Meanwhile, I'll end up opening Madcap Experiment or Dubious Challenge...and also never crack any good removal
>>
File: Top tier commons.png (8MB, 2632x1594px) Image search: [Google]
Top tier commons.png
8MB, 2632x1594px
>>52809222
Same guy from earlier, I made a top tier commons list
>>
>>52809750

Cool, thanks. I forgot about that fucking embalm flier. That's going to be annoying.
>>
File: Top tier uncommons.png (7MB, 2638x1615px) Image search: [Google]
Top tier uncommons.png
7MB, 2638x1615px
>>52809806
Here's top tier uncommons

Didn't do rares but I can
>>
I was planning on skipping this prerelease, not because I think the set is crappy, but because I'm always really bad at prereleases. I always go 2-X and drop. I don't really get it. Like, I can top 8 constructed formats no problem, but sealed and draft just elude me.
>>
>>52809750
Missing a lot of good commons here.
Soul stinger
Horror of broken lands
Essence Scatter

And so on. Unless you mean for all formats, not just limited. Cause yeah, that list changes a lot outside limited.
>>
>>52809222
>>52810089
If you have the time, you should listen to this, Limited Resource's Amonkhet set common/uncommon review. LSV is a pro player and his comments on what card is good or not for limiteds is pretty informative.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMAtJTJrnwA
>>
>>52810120
Horror is like 150 on my list

I just wanted to grab the cream of the crop ~20
>>
>>52810120
I gotta disagree on soul stinger, a 4/5 for 4 ain't anything special and a 2/3 who gives another creature 2 -2/-2 counters on death is ok but not 10/10, its ability to shine is dependant on the existence of other cards.
>>
>>52810151
Or just read the cliffnotes.
>>
>>52810151
Different anon and i agree, but give their talk about "yeah man just cycle all the cycles with an additional effect" some margin for error, sometimes you'll want that 7 damage for 5 mana instead, keep your scenarios in mind.
>>
>>52766949

I can't wait for the pre-release. I don't have a local game store, so i have to go to one about 100 miles away, and they are great.

>Staff is nice
>Enforce hygiene standards
>No major spergs
>They provide meals during the pre--release
>Prizes are fair

I mean, Amonkhet looks fun and all, but the store really makes it a great experience.
>>
>>52810959

I think their stance is usually "You're mostly going to cycle these, but there will be times you just cast it.
>>
>>52810959
>>52811040
That's because cycle is just that strong. The ability to just 'mulligan' the card if you can't cast it.
>>
>>52783046
what website is this

and yes, I'm new
>>
>>52813225
google for amonkhet sealed simulator and there will be several pack simulator website.
>>
>>52813310
Thank you!
>>
>>52811016
>>52811016
I'd agree with this. Went to a few different stores to find a good one, and had this experience.

>Kaladesh pre-release
>New player, only been playing about a year but I have a pretty good grasp of the game
>W/G deck because I pulled Nissa and she was useful in practice runs
>Win my first round, get paired up with a guy wearing a bright orange hoodie, goggle glasses, and smells like he hasn't showered in three weeks
>lolwutok
>Introduce myself, he asks how long I've been playing for and I'm truthful; he grins and we both sit down to shuffle our decks and play
>A few turns in I'm able to cast Nissa; he trys to play an enchanted on her on my turn
>I call him out, say that the enchantment (caught in the brights) wouldn't do anything because 1) shes not a creature and 2) That's an enchantment
>He grumbles and plays a sorcery
>dudewat.jpg
>I call him out again and he gets mad
>Do Nissa's +1 and do damage to him
>He calls me a cheater, gets up, rage quits
>Judge looks over, then notices orange hoodie kid and just shakes his head
>Apparently this happens a lot with this guy, but they continue to allow him to play

Went back once, saw him and left. Going to a much better store now.
>>
>>52807902
>Splendid Agony
"You choose how the counters will be distributed as you cast Splendid Agony. Each target creature must be assigned at least one counter."

Check the gatherer, blizz is breddy good with answering the questions there these days
>>
>>52810895
Yes, completely. But there are plenty of cards that do combo with it in this set. It's not a bomb, but it is a great common. There is almost never an instance it won't trade upwards in an exchange (being exiled still at least trades on parity). And if you get even one of the dozen or so cards that combo's with it you come out way ahead.
>>
File: 1490529925649.png (310KB, 477x724px) Image search: [Google]
1490529925649.png
310KB, 477x724px
>>52766949
5 color goodstuff. I tried making proper decks the last couple prereleases and got wrecked anyway so fuck it, I'll just play everything good.
>>
Seeing as there isn't a standard thread about this might be the best place to ask.

Are we going to see any new decks rise up? Without taking bans into consideration if the format stayed the same would anything change?

Are there any cards that standout to you?

What are you going to build around?

I want to build around Drake Haven desu.
>>
Jesus what would even be worth pulling in this set? I'm having a hard time justifying going just because of the cards.
>>
>>52816132
There's a fuckton of artifact/copycat hate in this set, the problem is that it harms more other semi-viable decks in the format such as Tower or Marvel decks. Maybe it's delirium's time to shine again.
>>
>>52809681
t. "I'm bad at drafting"
>>
>>52816543
This set is completely bankrupt. Anything remotely useful is regulated to the Mythic slot and the dual lands. Commons and uncommons have been and are completely useless to anybody besides padding a rare in a pack.

Modern decks get some toys but that's about it.

A mechanic like Embalm as creature-flashback is wasted on vanilla creatures; the context of "returning" creatures has been explored previously with persist and undying. When you take persist and undying into account, Embalm should fucking be attached to interesting creatures - the time to print (french) vanilla creatures on a mechanic like that is fucking done. And what do you know, most of the embalm creatures are french vanilla or vanilla or equally as boring. They're just wasting opportunity by exploring the design space of fucking vanilla creatures and I am sick and fucking tired of it especially when it comes to such a mature mechanic as returning creatures for value.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-21-04-17-18.png (382KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-21-04-17-18.png
382KB, 1080x1920px
did anyone did the trials posted in the Facebook account?
>>
>>52766949
Yeah, maybe two or three, we'll see.
>Planning on doing the Trials?
Nah
Red, Blue, Green
Angel of Sanctions, Anointer Priest, Glyph Keeper, Masterpiece Wrath of God. Going UrielEsper on this bitch
>>
>>52792161
>Harsh Mentor not tier one with dredge and exile counters
I SHIGGYDIGGY
>>
>>52800548
in Kaladesh prerelease my decent cards were all spread out. I kid you not, I did not have more than one removal spell in a single color. I ended up making two decks, boros and simic, and only having like 7 artifacts that I used in both. id switch decks whenever i lost a match. I surprisingly won the first match but got raped on the other 3. though it was cool to see my opponents' surprise when my sideboarding was taking out of the box a completely different deck.
>>
>>52810924
where did you get that from?
>>
>Played for first time since Mirrodin the other night
>Kaladesh and Aether Revolt, 2 packs AE, 1 pack Kaladesh,
>Casual draft format, make a RG deck with what I had, not many 2/3 creatures so it's slower than old people fucking in molasses
>Get screw and flood all night long, even cutting deck down to 15 land, and stomped all night
>Still had fun
>Girlfriend pulled a Chandra, so made her fee back, first time playing

Overall, 7/10, will do again.
>>
>>52795704
i think the exact opposite. the cards in this set look like they wont do anything to other formats. it'll have some impact on standard yes but other than that only the white two drop that combos with druid for infinite mana is the only constructed playable card. maybe the cheap rare red creatures can see play in sbs in legacy and modern but wont be maindeckable. maybe gideon will see play in modern but its maybe. theres nothing really exciting for edh neither.

limited on the other hand looks interesting because of all the decision making the mechanics allow. do I cycle this spell or do I hold in to it to play it later? do I exert this turn or should I be careful for the backswing? plus embalm and the aftermath cards give you more action later in the game.
>>
>>52816967
Ive never had a whole night ruined because of mana issues. either you are incredibly unlucky or you really dont know how to draft and build a deck.
>>
>>52816995
I think it was shitty shuffles and a bit of poor construction, but it was just off all night. Had decent sleeves, so they would glide well, but man, I was just really fucking unlucky.

>1st Match, draw
4 mana, 3 Forest 1 Mountain, a 3GG, a 2 GG, and a 1R, played it, nothing but 4 or 5 drops the next 3 draws.
Shuffled, got 7 mana, Mulliganed, had opponent cut, 5 mana(GGGGG), 1 2RR, scry, 1RR.

Nearly screamed.
>>
Is it weird to go the a pre-release alone? I'm not buddy buddy with anyone at my LGS mostly because im an introvert but I still wanna get dat value
>>
>>52817091
Go make some new friends dude, that's what pre-release is all about. Everyone's learning the new sets together and having fun.
>>
>>52817119
yeah I guess im just overthinking it. Once im there its usually fun at least for FNMs. It's getting to the LGS that gives me some anxiety
>>
>>52766949
Trails?
What Trials?
>>
Prerelease in 40min lads
>>
>>52817091
Nah, I used to go to every prerealease alone, now no longer alone because I've made friends with the regulars there.
>>
>>52816925
lr reddit
>>
File: Capture.jpg (251KB, 1509x1534px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
251KB, 1509x1534px
Did anyone else solve the trials?
>>
>>52766949
Always Wx White is always the most consistent in limited formats like this. Just add in another color that gives you the most of what you are missing. I normally go WR or WB for removal and just spam and ping.
>>
What's a good mana curve for sealed?

I can only find a mana curve for creatures and a mana curve for spells for 60 card decks.

What's a good curve for spells+creatures for a 40 card deck?
>>
>>52819897
23/17 is generally espoused and but it depends what you wanna do. If I have any cards that are double of a symbol I'll take 9 of those, and 8 of the other in a double, or 6/6/5 with as much ramp as you feel you need.

Creatures are what win sealed, take Removal if you have something good or guaranteed, but creatures get you the kill.
>>
Reserved spots today for me and a friend. It's our first prerelease. Only doing the one event, 2HG. What should we expect?
>>
I think cycle will build a fun limited environment, swapping out jank plays is always good. The game might be inherently better tonight
than ever. Though, nothing in this set is worth anything outside of limited.
>>
>>52821468
Expect to pull jank, one of you will get a single Approach of the Second Sun, maybe a foil Merciless Javelineer. You'll both do poorly, drop before it's over, and go to Sheetz after, happy only with you lazotep D20 you're gonna get. Your friend will give you his.
>>
>>52816663

For 3 months or so until the delirium block is cut off.
>>
>>52777835
Splash the black exile removal cards, durdle with Fan Bearers and tapdown mummies and embalm blockers until i can pull off the combo
>>
>>52817140
When I moved to a new city (and thus new lgs) I felt the same way. I really wanted to play magic, but I didn't know anybody so I was super nervous. But I forced myself to go, and eventually I started talking to the regulars more and more and now I am considered part of the "regular" group. If you keep showing up you will meet the people there and get to know them. Making friends is actually pretty easy when you are all together sharing a common interest.
>>
>>52766949
Hell yes, I'm hyped as fuck for it
>Planning on doing the Trials?
Might as well, bringing a friend so that's two checks off the trials.
Harsh mentor. Already got a good spot for him in my BB deck
>>
EURO BROS GET HYPED

2 HOURS LEFT

IM SO HYPE IM ABOUT TO PUKE
>>
>>52816760
You're absolutely right. I felt the same way when all of the creatures were spoiled. I was like "where are all the embalm creatures WORTH bringing back?"
Hopefully they'll be in the next part of the set? :(
>>
>>52823690
Embalm works with discard effects and cycling and has powers up bounce cards

But yeah its kind of a lackluster addition to other formats than limited but I think this'll be an interesting 5 months for limited players
>>
>>52823833
This has the potential to be an awesome limited season. But I also think 2 archetypes are going to filter to the top immediately (boros wins, WB zombies midrange), with 2 possible archetypes being super slam come from nowhere (BG -1-1 counters, BR hellbent midrange).

I hope blue has enough gas in it to change my mind, but fuck, red seems so god damn aggro on the tin.
>>
>>52819754
asking this too, what do you get if you solve them?
>>
>>52824706
I think its how you get the full art Bolas basics
>>
>>52823929
Well, from my first few tests with beatstick bots, counters can go pretty bonkers with some key uncommons. Oketra's Monument just gets you stupid amounts of cheap big bodies and can change the entire playstyle of the deck if you get it early.

Blue seems kinda weak hovever. You're pretty dependent on getting a few fliers and if you don't you're struggling to keep the game going until your second color actually wins you the game.
>>
I'll probably go, still miffed about last pre-release I went to though.
>Play revoke privilages on a guys longtusk cub.
>Turn ends, he draws, calls judge over
>Asks about if a card works like such and such
>Judge says it does, casts blossoming defense on his cub, judge says the enchantment falls off
>I tell judge I cast the enchantment last turn, the spell had already resolved
>He says it still works, the enchantment is still targetting the creature
>lose game shortly after
>>
>>52824706
Foil full art basics, just one tho
>>
>>52827064

Except that's how protection has always worked
>>
>>52827342
Nevermind, it gives hexproof. That was a shit call and you should have reported the judge.
>>
File: whatdidyoujustsay.jpg (28KB, 700x365px) Image search: [Google]
whatdidyoujustsay.jpg
28KB, 700x365px
>>52827342
>hexproof
>protection
>>
File: 1267832504020.gif (6KB, 293x295px) Image search: [Google]
1267832504020.gif
6KB, 293x295px
>Prerelease at LGS was cancelled
>Some fucker bought too many pre-release kits and now there snot enough for even a pod

I only wanted to play some magic
Everywhere else is sold out and any other events I either can't make to or work during.
>>
>>52827402
>straight up selling pre-release kits and not putting a limit on sales per customer...so you can run at least ONE event

man your lgs lmao
>>
>>52827483
Bought a pre-release kit from the stock that he had left an opened it up.

I didn't even get a single rare creature.
>>
>>52827402
Basically this >>52827483
Your LGS is too greedy. Almost all LGS sells the prerel kits to non prerel goers but they always make sure they have enough left to do the event themselves or they only sell leftovers after prerelease is over.
>>
>>52827402
Why the fuck would your LGS not just wait and sell on a first come first serve basis, how can a business be that shitty.

On a related note I am worried we won't have enough show at the midnight release tonight to play. My LGS has been pretty dead recently thanks to dumb fuck vehicles. We haven't had a standard tourney in 3 weeks.
>>
>>52827402

doesn't the WPN fuck your shit up for doing stuff like this?
>>
>>52829633
Stores pay for the prerel kits, it's not free.
How many you can buy depends on your WPN level.
>>
My prerelease was sold out :(
>>
File: 1466685146232.jpg (62KB, 716x702px) Image search: [Google]
1466685146232.jpg
62KB, 716x702px
Just came back from the pre-release. Was pretty fun. Got 1 win - 2 draws - 2 losses with a green white deck. Biggest pulls from the packs were irrigated farmlands which are like 4€ and champion of rhonas which is like 3€

/blog
>>
Opened Rhonas and Hazoret, built gruul, awaiting R1.
>>
>>52829633
yeah, if you dont have enough events fire you lose your wpn status. Everyone who got their event canceled should make sure the store doesnt upload dummy scores for them so wotc can adress tye issue
>>
>>52830207
Which archetype won?
>>
File: IMG_20170422_070737.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170422_070737.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
Finished 3-1 w/ GW aggro peppered with removal and combat tricks during midnight release, made the last two guys really salty which felt bad but its probably just due to playing super complicated sets during 3-5AM

Not bad for first time I think, rebuilt my deck several times from G/R to G/B to G/W and im really glad I did.
>>
>>52830481
they didn't really announce winners people just left or stayed in the shop lobby chatting as the last round ended so I don't know.
>>
>>52830617
dang.

The set looks like its a bit too heavily focused on rares. Whats your experience? Assuming you get hosed by your deck and never get your rare, but neither does the other player, does the game still feel dynamic/fun? Aether Revolt was bullshit for this. If you didn't get to your rare, the board just stagnated like hell. eldrazi was also bad, but some of the uncommons at least did stuff.

Is it as good as the first Innistrad set was?
>>
>>52830670
Nah man exert on commons and uncommons makes sure they are still good value. So does the -1/-1 counters synergies and all the embalm. It was actually my first pre-release and from talking to the more experienced players there everyone was agreeing amonkhet sealed was a lot more fun than khaladesh or aether revolt.
>>
File: 1410676196998.png (164KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1410676196998.png
164KB, 500x334px
Are you bringing LEGOs to use as brick counters?
>>
File: doesthislooklikethefaceofmercy..png (98KB, 589x567px) Image search: [Google]
doesthislooklikethefaceofmercy..png
98KB, 589x567px
>>52830968
>LEGOs
The plural of LEGO is LEGO.
>>
So going by the box inserts, these are trials:

>Solidarity
Bring a friend to an event

>Knowledge
Play in a standard event

>Strength
Play in a Sealed event

>Ambition
Play in a Amonkhet league

>Zeal
Play Amonkhet draft
>>
File: tumblr_onzqaeTJNA1qia2dho1_540.jpg (85KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onzqaeTJNA1qia2dho1_540.jpg
85KB, 540x540px
>>52831800

We only know the rewards for Solidarity and Strength, right?

Solidarity gives us the d4, and Strength is just the d20 included in the prerelease kit.

I'd love to know the other prizes though.
>>
>>52831938
I thought it was the foil full-art basics?

Calling the d20 a reward would be pretty cheap, it's the same thing we buy with every pre-release packet.
>>
File: 94101048.jpg (205KB, 1085x1217px) Image search: [Google]
94101048.jpg
205KB, 1085x1217px
>>52832238

>Hey, look at that, you can complete the Trial of Strength just by playing in the event! That was easy. Prepare to cross that one off! Your reward for this is already included in your prerelease box: that is the lovely "lazotep" spindown D20 we mentioned earlier.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/amonkhet-prerelease-primer-2017-04-17
>>
Just finished in Straya.

Got Nissa, Green god, infinite wurms and the exile top card sphinx artifact in one pool. Stomped over everyone to a perfect result.
>>
>>52832263
So wizards thinks we're five years old, excellent.

>Just like on Amonkhet, completing your Trials is full of rewards!
You get murdered for winning in Amonkhet, for fucks sake. The writer of this article seems to be just as pissed as me and tries to get fired.
>>
>build BW tokens splash blue
>do really well
>4-0
>only game loss was against mirror
>literally better version of my deck
>get lucky and squeak win
>cut to top 4
>2 people scoop for 3rd 4th because late
>fucking same guy
>go 1-1
>game 3 he's at 5 but has lethal on board
>only 2 blockers up
>I have a 3/2 flier and 3/2 menace
>have plenty of ways to finish
>draw 12th land out of 17 instead

Words can not describe how fucking mad I am.
>>
>>52832304
I just realized that in my LGS there's an autistic kid obsessed with the lore, the "you are a planeswalker" flavor and such. I really hope he doesn't win.
>>
Built a U/G/r midrange deck at prerelease:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/akh-prerelease-deck/

Observations/Comments
1. Splashing red for 3 copies of Electrify was fine. I was able to cast them on time every time I drew them, with the help of my Spring/Mind and Oashra Cultivator. Electrify was great since most aggressive decks' top end cards do not have more than 4 toughness, and against the type of decks with giant creatures that Electrify couldn't deal with, I had a better endgame.
2. Tah-Crop Skirmisher was a better blocker than Ancient Crab. Lots of deathtouch Bitterblade Warrior and Wasteland Scorpion made Ancient Crab sad. No one wanted to trade their early creatures for a dumb 2/1 that could come back later, so a lot of early aggression was avoided. Ugh the crab was so bad.
3. Vizier of Tumbling Sands was amazing for me. It ramped me by untapping lands, helped me hit double colors when I only had one of that land, ambush counterspelled when I only had 1 mana up, and combo'd with edifice of authority to neutralize 2 threats per turn. Great card.

/blog
>>
LGS owned said the wizards network was down so instead of the usual pre release format it was look for someone to play if you want or collect 2 packs and go home.
Kinda disappointed. did pull a Gideon tho.
56 people at the pre release and 7 invocations were pulled.
>>
>>52832595
Just make sure you don't bring a friend so he doesn't try to murder you.
>>
>>52831938

Those are cool. I'm assuming they're not available at prerelease?
>>
>>52832775
I got one, the dude just handed them out to everyone.
>>
>>52832811

My shop didn't have them. Fuck.
>>
>>52832828
Your owner is lying and probably will put them all on ebay.
>>
Didn't pull any rares

Went 2-2 and didn't pull my bombs 3rd round ; ____;
>>
just came back from a 4-0 finish

piloted W/R agro with a seriously amazing pool
two Oketra and 1 of the 4/1 that gives you another combat step

a few of those uncommon Minotaur that let you discard a card and are a 4/3 for 2 as well as the 3 mana 3/2 haster
few magma sprays and 2 cast outs
it was a complete blowout
I didn't drop a game the whole night and finished my first 3 rounds in less than 10 min each

the only thing I saw there tonight that I thought could have beat my deck was a similar agro deck except it was B/R with zombie token generation and lifelink stuff

ended up getting about 3/4ths a box as the prize and pulled a masterpiece Cryptic Command and a few of the worse mythics out of the box like the black curse and the naya nigress

overall pretty good night. I might go back for more tomorrow but am really tired so idk

good luck to everyone else at pre-release
>>
Poorfag who can't pre-release but has a friend group that jams a TON of limited online

this format feels pretty similar to Khans in a lot of ways in that you can build either a very consistent 2 color list, a powerful 3 color list, or if you take all of the fucking duals pack 1 to fuck over everyone else at the table to play 5 color control you signal ruining cock munch

Within the format, RW based aggro is surprisingly good. Pick up a white and red trials and at least 2-3 cartouches and then grab as many bears, 3 drops, and a 4 drops.

If you don't mind slowing down and open the 1RG 3/3 that gives your team trample, splashing it is even better.

Control is actually decent in this as well because you have Cryptic Serpent and the 5/5 Cycling Serpent as low rarity bombs. Removal in this format is best in Red and Black, both offering cheap and hard removal that is pretty damn good.

There is also a B/G Grindy deck that I feel is going to be what every drafter tries to force because Decimator Beetle and a few other very very grindy -1/-1 counter cards seem really appealing. While this deck is powerful, I feel it will be a trap deck because it will be overdrafted.
>>
>>52766949
>Be me
>Open Vindicate
>Don't play it
>Open Harsh Mentor
>Open rare cat lord
>Open Clone
>4-0
>Open Lili in pirze packs
I learned tonight, that in trumps america, everyone gets Lifelink and +2/+2 and the blackies should just stay in the pool where they belong.
>>
File: IMG_3904.jpg (850KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3904.jpg
850KB, 2048x1536px
I went 0-4. Never done so badly at a limited event and I attend pretty regularly. I didnt even think my pool was that bad.

This is the deck I played with. I played WU the first match but got stomped because my creatures couldnt do anything when facing 3 and 4 drops, so I felt that I had to play Esper. I only lost to mana screw once. I think the real weakness was my lack of 4 drops. What did I do wrong?

Posting the rest of my pool soon.
>>
>>52832994
>feeling the need to /pol/ meme on a board about playing card games

mmmk
>>
File: IMG_6119.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6119.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52833044
This was my sideboard or cards that I didnt use. What would you have played?
>>
>>52833044
I think that I need to see the rest of your pool. It feels like you just had no way to cleanly answer threats.

Also Bontu and Kefnet are the hardest gods to turn on in limited, and I actually would be against running them unless you are building around a single one.

It also feels like you just could have cut blue and gone a little more low to the ground and then just tried to use embalm to grind to the win.
>>
>>52833067
>>52833056

Adding to my response now I see the rest of your pool

Why the fuck didn't you play green? 2 Sandworm, a spider, exemplar, vitalist, bitterblade, you were set, Especially w/ destined to lead
>>
>>52833046
Just saying my America deck was pretty nice. Lets not get all bent out of shape over the /pol/ boogyman, jimbo
>>
>>52833067
Yeah the lack of removal was bad. Plus the gods werent that good. I also didnt like running them but I thought I had no better options. This is the rest of what I opened >>52833056
>>
>>52832857
Do you mean any good rares?
>>
>>52833085
I didnt play green because I had no removal in it and the good cards didnt fit my curve with other combinations
>>
>>52833123
yeah you have 0 removal in your pool

thats an 0-4 pool if I have ever seen one

blue is hot garbage though and I would avoid it at all costs in limited
Black, Red, and White are where it is at for this from what I have seen so far
zombie decks can be quite good even without removal and is probably the direction I would have gone with your pool with the zombie lord and liiy's mastery
>>
>>52833044
>>52833056
looks like you went out of gas too soon, isn't it?
angler drake is not the most easy creature with to have a splash...also i count only 22 cards. 18 lands? really?
by the way your packs looks overall pretty junky, at least you have some excuseds
>>
>>52833172
No. I think the real weakness was the lack of answers that I had and bombs my opponents played. Two of them had boardwipes and other two had that aftermath card that makes all your permanents deal double damage. I got blown out of nowhere several times.
>>
>>52832877
That was similar to what I made except 0 Oketra's.
Nice on the Masterpiece pull, Everyone in my shop just got 2 packs for coming out, owner said something about the wizards network thingy was down.
I was 2-1-1
>>
>>52833044
>>52833056
I would have cut the black cards and a land for the skirmishers, the river serpents, floodwaters, cancel, and your choice of ancient crab, sacred cat, the white 3 drop, and the camel. You have a shitload of embalm plus a decent top end to grind with, and a high quantity of twos and cyclers to use early in the game. Removal is a little light, but with the flag bearers + rests you aren't totally screwed, as long as you try and save the rests for bambs and trade with most things in combat.
>>
>>52832877
I was near the counter when some kid tried to sell his containment priest invocation to the shop owner and the fucking jew offered him 12 dollars for it.
some fucking people sell every valuable card the get for bottom dollar just to open more packs.
shits worse than crack.
>>
>>52833362
Thats pretty much what I played match 1 and got stomped. Those creatures couldnt hold against other good 4 drops but maybe I shouldve kept it like that. Oh well.
>>
File: en_V699RhCunP.png (148KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_V699RhCunP.png
148KB, 265x370px
>>52828661
Enough people showed up to my LGS to play at midnight.

Pulled Lilly and the white god so ran B/W. Pic related is a fucking monster in a low removal format.

Got 5 packs for placing third and pulled a nissa and harsh mentor. FeelsGoodMan
>>
Played r/b aggro and went 3-1-1 with the draw being agreed upon in the last round. Only pulled a bontu really but man does he put in some serious fucking work. Multiple games I found myself in top deck mode, drawing creatures to play and sacrifice to go in with bontu.

Overall fun set to play, even had an Asian throw his cards after losing in the 4th round!
>>
It shocked me how much this pre-release was dead. Also, cycling tech feels awesome, seems like a fun set with many different archetypes that you can do.

>>52833404
They need to stop printing these efficient tappers. It's strictly better (within set) than Dromoka Dunecaster, it's way too good in a really boring way.
>>
File: 0UXBYny.jpg (360KB, 897x1060px) Image search: [Google]
0UXBYny.jpg
360KB, 897x1060px
4-0 win with this gw deck.
>>
>>52833667
yeh he is pretty crazy. any controly builds was an auto win because I just kept their big dude perma tapped. Also had actual zombie synergy too which makes him even more disgusting.
>>
>open three of the white god
>one is a invocation
>exiled every time I cast it

FFFFFFF how does this even happen?
>>
>>52802083
>minotaur
>goat
fuck are you smoking?
>>
File: lock.jpg (96KB, 515x370px) Image search: [Google]
lock.jpg
96KB, 515x370px
1-3 with UW embalm

Sweet deck, pretty much zero answers. Really close games, too, but I can't do much when the glorybringers hit the board

Pic related won me games like you wouldn't believe, and also copying a glyph keeper with the blue embalm clone

I'm thinking about going again this afternoon, but I'm pretty fucking tired
>>
>>52833680
Did Oracle's Vault do a lot of work for you? I'm still on the fence on whether it's worth running in limited.
>>
>>52834457
It's great but you need to have less big things. If you see the deck, there's alot of 3 drops and very little 4-5-6 drops. So if i drop the Vault at t4, next turn i can start bricking it with less fear of whiffing since it can play lands too. Also, it can only whiff on the first 3 exiles. After that it's pure value.

I think it's a good engine to draw on any situation except when you're mana screwed.
>>
File: sidewayspicture.jpg (1MB, 1488x3360px) Image search: [Google]
sidewayspicture.jpg
1MB, 1488x3360px
Went to midnight one and played Jund but dropped after round 1 because was tired as fuck.
>>
>>52802168
This has to be bait
>>
>>52766949
I told myself I would do Amonkhet prerelease but didn't because I was disappointment with the set. How was the limited environment? If it was good I might attend Hour of Devastation if it appeals to me more.
>>
A goddamn cycle land was my promo.
Lilli, Dispossess, Plague Belcher, Harvest Season, Glyph Keeper and Heaven // Earth were my rares.
No synergy for -1/-1 counters. Barely any zombies for Black/White. No good blue to try and use Glyph Keeper...it was awful.
>>
>>52836210
evolving wilds is legitimately good, gift of paradise is not that good but still playable, same for painted bluffs but a little bit worse...
but
>muh mana disadvantage
>>
>>52836210
There's actually enough fixing in amonkhet a tri-color deck is doable with the right cards.

I did okay. Got the green exert into summon creature and a bunch of selesnya beat-face good stuff. Went 3-0 but nothing really decent rare-wise.
>>
>>52799792
>The crowd is fucking weird.
This, I keep seeing people saying in thread 'Oh there'll be people who don't know how the set works'-that's bullshit. There'll be 10 people who are complete newbies and about 4 power-players there to loot extra packs who've been tearing the set apart since the full spoiler got released.

The best way to get into magic if you're not hyper-competitive is probably league, because even if you suck there's no rush,very little prize support, and people will be more open to helping you not suck.
>>
>>52772364
white usually has the best removal. Black being about removal and destruction is just something people say to new players to help them get into the flavor of the game. Mechanically, efficient removal is white's thing.
>>
>>52830670
My BW zombos deck had like two rares in it, which more often or not didn't show up. Still went 4-1-1.
>>
>>52824706
>>52825435
Isn't it the mat? If you complete all five of then?
I've already 1 holo bolas lands for free by just going to the prerelease
>>
File: bonepicker.jpg (41KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
bonepicker.jpg
41KB, 265x370px
I'm doing the 2HG tomorrow, haven't played at an event since BfZ.
Is exert good? It seems like it's a pretty big price to pay other than a few of the rare bombs.
Also is this card as crazy as it looks for limited?
>>
File: IMG_0647.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0647.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52839368
Pic related's my deck. Any game I got both my wayward servants and the curse was over in the blink of an eye. I think there were only six or so games over the six rounds that l ended below 20 life.
>>
>>52839713
I only faced one of them birds and immediately enchanted it away. More often than not when I lost, it was because of exert.

Or by drawing 13 of my 16 lands in a deck thats short on extra draw, but oh well.
>>
>>52839713
Exert is a huge draw back but you should only be using it when it's going to make enough of a difference, win you the game, or you have some combat tricks that untap and there are plenty of those.
>>
>>52833680
Like the black splash, what was your landbase?
>>
Lost three, won two, one ny W.O.

It's pretty fun playing for the first time after 9 years. Everyone was nice and helped me with the rules.
I started with a WG but lost all the first 4 games due to mana issues. Then this guy offered to help me and build a WB with the cards. Things went 300% better.
This exalted mecanic, man. Really good.
>>
Pulled 0 mythics. Currently 1-2 and losing to myhtics. Fucking sick.
>>
Playing me some BG. Got an ok rare, a liliana promo, havnt drawn either but Im 3-0-0 and considering a draw
>>
File: 1479782670516.jpg (425KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1479782670516.jpg
425KB, 800x1000px
Won six, lost one, but it was at two different events.

UW flyers in the first one, and RGB beatdown in the second one.

So far I'm really liking this set, and I'm really looking forward to drafting it. Exert is a fun mechanic.

GB -1/-1 counters also seems really cool.
>>
>>52840299
Literally git gud.

Or post your pool and try and fix your deck
>>
>>52840920
Sealed has been a blast but I can't wait to draft GB Counters or Faith of the Devoted. One of the best sets I have played as far as limited goes.
>>
>>52840920
the only thing I am not likinng about the set so far is how imbalanced black feels with zombie generation

things like Lilianna's mastery and the one that you can cycle and still get a 2/2 or cast it and get like 3 of them are very frustrating

1 card stabilize from hand with only cancel in the format and only 2 board sweepers is annoying
>>
>>52841118
We'll see how it plays out in draft. I didn't really face a zombie generator deck, although I faced three Liliannas (and a few Nissas), just because sealed doesn't allow for that much combo.

I was actually on the other end of the zombies most of the time, since my RGB had Lord of the Accursed, and then basically every zombie I pulled.

Honestly I don't think it'll be that much of an issue, even in draft. I don't think you can reliably get that combo to work out. I mean if you first pick Lord of the Accursed pack one, or Lilianna, you can go to town, but how often is that going to happen?

>>52840993
I totally agree. I played some sealed yesterday as well, at the midnight release (Yup, 3 sealed events in 24 hours, went 3-1 there), where I played GB -1/-1, I pulled the snake lady and decimator beetle. Interestingly enough I didn't feel I had enough support for it, and the games I won wasn't because of the snakes most of the time. Simply moving the -1/-1 counters is enough to "kill" your opponents creatures, making the snakes more of a "win more" type of deal.

I almost feel like snake lady is overvalued in limited, although really good in constructed. We'll see, I'm (for now at least) still first picking her.
>>
I opened 2 approach of the second sun, and have used it to win 4/6 games so far

With all the blue draw two effects and cycling it's been super easy to ramp, stall, then dig after playing it the first one
>>
>>52840942
Yeah, tell me the secrets to getting 3 mythic prerelease packs anon-sama.
Went 2-2 as WG splashing B and got most of my money back from my rares, thankfully.
>>
>>52841438
Mythics aren't _that_ important, I went (in total) 8-2-1 with no mythics two times, and a single mythic the last one, and I was facing some Gods and planeswalkers.

Often having a solid base is better than mythics you can't use because you have no foundation.
>>
Pulled three trials and three cartouces, was pretty fun to play. Once swung for lethal with 20 creatures + white trial, and my opponent foged me. In a deck with shitton of token makers, two mythic bombs and great removal, he played a god damn fog.

Beat him in the air with exactly 0 cards in my library.
>>
Ran BG with Red splash.

2-1-1

Suprised I even got that. My pool was shit and not a single person out of 80 people pulled an invocation.
>>
Had a UG deck with a splash of B

One win, one loss, two draws due to time both of which I conceded so at least the other guy would get a pack.

Had a fun time, but getting 7 in hand so I could use the U god was a bitch, even when I had Pull from Tomorrow as my promo.
>>
>>52841661
We had four in 40~ people, even two in the same two-headed giant pool.

Dunno how those guys went though.
>>
I went 3-1 with RG. I had Glorybringer and Samut as my rares, but I only drew Glorybringer once and Samut 0 times, so I basically just played creatures and combat tricks. It was a pretty weird event for me, because I was playing RG, my first opponent was playing RG, my next two opponents were playing Naya, and my last opponent was playing GW, so I didn't get exposed to 40% of the format at all. I guess that's the kind of thing that can happen when you go to a prerelease with 90 people.
>>
File: 1474423628114.jpg (12KB, 234x214px) Image search: [Google]
1474423628114.jpg
12KB, 234x214px
>>52834764
>he got one of the super mega ultra rare special cards
I have literally never even seen one since they were first released in kaladesh, ever.
>>
>>52841488

just getting home now

I understand that. My first and fourth opponents went DUDE GIDEON LMAO and stuck him in the deck while having shit else of worth in white. Really, I was just salty because my second and third opponent's packs gave them a really great base to go along the sweet myths they pulled.

As I was leaving, one fucker pulled a daze and force of will in his 2hg pool. I'm still waiting on my super mega ultra rare special card pull.

>>52841507
I can't wait to draft this set.
>>
>>52839990
7 plains 7 forest 3 swamps, didn't get any Evolving Wilds.
I always play with 41 cards.
>>
File: 1465051901738.png (732KB, 691x724px) Image search: [Google]
1465051901738.png
732KB, 691x724px
I played like hand-counted matches of Magic with deck friends in my whole life prior the pre-release I played yesterday, but I used to play a local card game that's basically magic watered down. It was 5 rounds and finished third with a 2-0 2-1 1-1 2-0 1-1 (that last one was against the guy who finished first). It felt so fucking good, like pure bliss, like a kid opening his xmass presents and getting something that far surpased what he was expecting. It's been so long since I felt like that.
>>
This was my first event and went 6-2 with WB embalm zombies. I had a lot of fun and I will come back for Hour of devastation prerelase.

Praise angel of sactions!
Praise him because I was able to get 2 of them, 1 promo and 1 from the packs!

>>52842519
Good for you
>>
>>52842379
The best thing was that most of the creatures on either site were just 1/1 created by Oketra. I pacified my opponents early in the game and copied it with my vizier of many faces, and then we spent the next few turns doing nothing but shitting out tokens and throw them at each other.

My deck would go fucking bonkers if the trials and cartouches got going. Got blue trial once and two cartouches, so in some gaames I could start vommiting value on the board.
Was too tired for the late night draft though.
>>
In case anyone was wondering,6/7 hexproof for 6 in a set full of untap tap mechanics is pretty damn good
>>
>>52841215
it isn't really a combo

Liliana's Masttery alone is a frustrating card for limited
5 mana get two 3/3s and now every other zombie also gets +1/+1
by itself the card is absurd value and then if they have any other zombies in black it just gets better
on top of the black cartouche and all the other decent black removal black (with the right pulls) can just be frustrating to play against since they can always have the answers or just stall the board so hard that there isn't really a way to win other than to deck them out
>>
>>52842724
Yeah. I went wg but didn't get that bad boy. fug
>>
I pulled a Vizier of the Menagerie, a Liliana, Death's Majesty, and an Invocation Chain Lightning.

Got my clock thoroughly cleaned and only won one round.
>>
File: 1377259490484.jpg (9KB, 212x237px) Image search: [Google]
1377259490484.jpg
9KB, 212x237px
>go, haven't played since kaladesh pre-release (it's really the only thing I can afford and you get the most for your buck).
>GB
>get ass-whooped first round (despite I beat the same guy twice in practice rounds)
>win 2-1 second round
>3rd round, 2 people left cause life-related reasons, only 8 of us left, so we all just call a draw and each get 4 boosters without playing the 3rd round

pulled a hazoret, as was foretold, promo was GW dual land, some blue vizier, the rest was meh, but had fun
>>
File: 2HG Wombo Combo.png (732KB, 531x741px) Image search: [Google]
2HG Wombo Combo.png
732KB, 531x741px
>Me and partner pulled this shit in two headed giant
Between this nonsense and a Nissa, we had some pretty clean wins, even had the Christmasland of all four out at once in one game.
>>
File: IMG_3591.png (96KB, 233x342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3591.png
96KB, 233x342px
>Build BR exert/cycle deck
>Throne of the God-Pharaoh carries the deck
>Opponent has snake god out, will kill me next turn
>no way to directly deal the three damage I need to win
>Tap Pathmaker Initiate and Bloodlust Inciter to give my 0/3 Dune Beetle haste and unblock-able
>opponent doesn't do anything, just looks at me funny since now I have no blockers and he can kill me next turn
>completely forgets about Throne
>mfw I win at the beginning of my endstep

Went 3-1, pretty fun set.
>>
File: approach_of_the_second_sun.png (106KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
approach_of_the_second_sun.png
106KB, 223x311px
Went 1-4. My pool was all bulk trash and I got stomped most rounds, but I did win with pic related so I feel I won the moral victory.
>>
>>52841266
>>52844587
I know this feel

ended up 2-2, but the players I won against were sort of trash

If Approach of the Second Sun is the last card in your library, does it just go on top? (Assuming I wanted to make a janky Doomsday pile with it somehow?)
>>
Also, Faith of the Devoted is awesome
>>
>>52844637
yes
>>
>>52844587
you probably would have had more wins if you didn't have that trash in your deck
>>
>>52845009
This
>>
I 3-0'd with RW exert aggro. Combat celebrant is ridiculous. Also, invocations look amazing in person.
>>
>>52845009
>>52845077
> not building an entire control deck around Fan Bearers, Cycling, Fog, and Approach of the Second Sun

it was hard against the midrange green cartouche decks, but it was oh so satisfying
>>
>>52821502
Underrated
>>
File: IMG_7240.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7240.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
With this and my 4-1, I'm pretty happy.
>>
>>52845009
I opened a bunch of dudes with big butts, some ramp, and Sandwurm Convergence. It was either the grindy ramp plan or nothing.
>>
File: bountyoftheluxa.jpg (49KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
bountyoftheluxa.jpg
49KB, 265x370px
>>52791020
I played a weird UG Midrange deck using pic related.

This thing saved me when I needed to get some extra card and extra mana to get my fatties online and presure my opponent.
>>
>Promo was Oracle's Vault
>Everyone else on my table had Honored Hydras, Promo Lilianas, and Rhonas
>Like, 4 out of 7 had Rhonas
>All of my removal is spread out among my colors
>Removal is spread all around my colors
>Best rare I got was Never/Return, which was good but everyone had crazy shit
>go 0-4

I don't think I'm going to go to another draft event or whatever for this set. I like being creative and I just felt bored. Plus I ended up losing money since I made like <$10 on pulls.

I just didn't have fun with this limited environment, but it's cool others like it a lot though.
>>
>>52846112
Oopsie, repeated a point, I'm a retard.
>>
>>52833347
Went 2-3 at my store.

My pool was shhitty. Decent black, decent Green that I did not appreciated at first, medium Red with two removal and a few good blues.

I started going Grixis because I tought I'd be lost without removal, but the deck was inconsistent and shitty. Managed to win first game against an idiot who was running a 55 card deck.

Got crushed by UW flyers on game 2 which made me realize I needed to change. Overhauled my deck into Sultai, trading Red for Green, and it improved immensely. Crushed game 3.

Game 4 I fought hard against a RW deck but in the end that fucking dragon beat me. I could have won one of the games and turned it around but misplayed.

Game 5 mirror Sultai against a very nice guy. He was a lot more into the -1/-1 sinnergy than I was.

I ended up getting screwed out of my green mana, mulliganed (or failed to do so) in the wrong places, and bam, dream's over.

First time coming back since Battle for Zendikar, had fun and that's what matter. Game 5 was for a booster prize and the winner gave me the commons and uncommons, guy was really a champ.

Amonkhet strikes me as a great Draft set but Sealed is not that good.
>>
>>52833404
This should be uncommon. An opponent rekted me with two of these.
>>
>tfw felt tired/sick and missed the event
feels bad man

how's the set like compared to kaladesh? Fun?
Embalm looks amazing to me as someone who loves tokens.
>>
Went to my first prerelease ever and first time ever playing in a limited format.
First I made a BW deck trying to make good use of both fan bearers I got but it wasn't working out, it was missing bombs, so I switched for a BG deck after the second match and then I won 4 of the 5 remaining matches, ended up 4-3 and got a booster so I'm happy.
>>
Can you sell singles to your LGS during pre-release? I want to turn my shitty sealed junk into an expedition but I don't want to wait a week to do it.
>>
File: 1434477838581.png (281KB, 479x341px) Image search: [Google]
1434477838581.png
281KB, 479x341px
>>52844587
>t6 Approach of the Second Sun
>t7 Trial of Knowledge, Cartouche of Knowledge, Cartouche of Knowledge
>t8 Approach of the Second Sun
Felt good.

Pulled a masterpiece Rhonas in the prize packs and traded it for a Cryptic Command, Eidolon of Revels, and some other stuff.
>>
File: 1485234760369.jpg (774KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485234760369.jpg
774KB, 1080x1080px
Hey modern general, what should I build next to spice up my array of decks? I currently have Gx Tron, Bant Eldrazi, and Mono-Green Stompy built.
>>
>>52846928
Belcher
>>
>>52846928
fug, wrong thread. Sorry pre-release dudes. My bad.
>>
File: mixed degrees of disgust.jpg (297KB, 726x697px) Image search: [Google]
mixed degrees of disgust.jpg
297KB, 726x697px
>mfw our local judge and close to best player opened 2 Bontu's
>Normal and Invocation
>In addition to Glorybringer
Needless to say, he went 4-0 and came in first
>>
File: the bringer.jpg (447KB, 827x1469px) Image search: [Google]
the bringer.jpg
447KB, 827x1469px
Went 7-1 across 2 pre-releases.

First one was 4-0. Pulled nothing amazing, but I did get sandworm convergence along with 3 greater sandworms and wanted to play them. Had the 1UG tap to add 2 mana so I played sort of a control-ish ramp deck. Won with my flyers about half the time and the sandworms the other half. 3 cancel, essence scatter and censor all did well, but the edifice of authority really won the games.

Second one was 3-1. Glorybringer was my promo and I pulled an archdemon in black, so that's what I ran with. Had some good burn as well, plus the minotaur that can put -1/-1 counters on enemy creatures for 2 and a discard. Demon ended games when Glorybringer didn't. The one loss was against a strictly better version of my deck. More removal, better curve filling and more cycling options than I had. Still close games.

Though I've only played in 3 sealed environments (Kaladesh forward), I think Amonkhet was the most fun yet. Vehicles were a ton of fun, but the creatures in this set are just so potent, you feel like there's so many options with almost any 2 or 3 of them on the field.
>>
File: scaledbehemoth.jpg (51KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
scaledbehemoth.jpg
51KB, 265x370px
You're in the trials and this guy slaps your life-total, what do?
>>
>>52846981
>>52847003
Glorybringer and Archdemon were terrifying to fight against. At my only prerelease I saw the former in 2 games and the latter in 3 games. In one game they both came down and I had a difficult time deciding which to place my Cast Out on. Barely eked out a win there but if he had a single burn spell on the final turn he would've won it.

Another game, the guy cast Archdemon and on the next turn Mind Twist for 4 destroying my entire hand. I was extremely lucky that I dropped a Curator of Mysteries the previous turn and was able to trade it with the demon after the topdeck war went in my favor. Won with only 1 life left, but far too close for comfort.
>>
>>52847241
The art is fitting for how horrifying it's to play against
>>
File: red green prerelease 422.jpg (3MB, 4096x2840px) Image search: [Google]
red green prerelease 422.jpg
3MB, 4096x2840px
just finished 4-0-1, tied first. red is stupid good this set like wow. all my matches went to three so it close. Bloodlust Inciter is WAY better than I thought.

>>52845299

and dubs, you better go buy a scratcher mang
>>
>>52847359
I'm curious: did the mentor or manglehorn do anything besides be 2/2s?
>>
>>52847241
>>52847284
Archfiend is stellar. Probably one of my favorite demons now.
>>
>>52833044
>>52833056

I think three color is tough to pull off in this set. I would have went blue green or red green. Probably blue green. Please play those river serpents next time at least, I think you are undervaluing cycling as a mechanic.
>>
>>52847377

I actually hit with the manglehorn once in a pretty critical spot, but it was really surprising to me. The mentor was largely pointless but I think I only saw it one or two games so hard to say? Good against the fan bearer and the -1/-1 counter mana dork. My initial recommendation would be lean toward playing the mentor but not the mangle horn. The 2 drop artifact was garbage, sideboarded it out every game but admittedly it made me feel better about exerting creatures.
>>
File: 1446548488943.gif (96KB, 205x234px) Image search: [Google]
1446548488943.gif
96KB, 205x234px
>tfw you go 0-3-0
>>
>>52847284
It sure does feel good immediately killing it with an electrify
>>
Did anyone bother doing the training trials thing? I was wondering if there was an answer key for them.
>>
>>52847710
My lgs had no clue what they were for. Apparently Wizards didn't tell anyone how the trails thing works.
>>
>>52847741
Mine said there was some sort of phrase I was supposed to say.
>>
>>52847685
>tfw only win was from someone who never touched magic before
>>
>>52848045
>tfw only win was a bye
>>
File: IMG_0149.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0149.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
My creatures were meh, my curve was meh and I didn't get much in the way of rares or synergies. But I had a Gideon and a solid removal package borne from a black splash. Removal got me through into round 4 with 2-0-1. In round 4 I played turn 3 Gideon both games and won for dat 3-0-1 finish.
----
- Playing Gideon kinda made up for the fact that my other 4 rares + rare promo were not good
- Final Rewards are excellent splash material. Same with Start // Finish
- Cartouches of Strength are insane
- Honed Knopesh did good
- Playing a BR cycledual in a GW splash B deck was #worth it
>>
I went to my first pre-release today, only played a few times before using friends decks against their own other decks.

It was pretty fun. I ended up making a blue/red/black deck. Had 2 draws and 2 losses, cut a deal with the second guy I came to a draw with, who went on to win his next match and I got a booster pack out of it.

Got a foiled Harsh Mentor promo card.
>>
File: 20170422_224221.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170422_224221.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Took first with the afternoon event.
>>
>>52839713
>>52839941
this. I've seen people using exert every time they attack just because it's there. If your creature can get through without it, don't use it. The only exception *could* be that guy who gets lifelink if you anticipate a close race.
>>
File: 1492398835886.jpg (28KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
1492398835886.jpg
28KB, 600x726px
>tfw nothing in your pool is worth more than $1.50
I know you never play sealed to get value but it still feels bad when the best card you open is Aven Mindcensor and the rest of your white isn't even playable.
>>
>>52848604
My condolences. Midnight, I ran red green because I got two of the land for it, and it was really my best option.
>>
>>52848132
Also, /tg/, what's the best way to sell dat Gideon and the dual? I'm in US for some reason and I know shit about market on this side of the pond.
>>
>>52848720
If you're gonna be here for at least a week, probably hit ebay fast. Otherwise, you may be best off just getting trade value out of it if you don't want it
>>
Is there any reason at all to do one last prerelease after pulling a date stamped gideon, lili, and invocation card all in one pool?
>>
File: 1398346513920.jpg (65KB, 494x380px) Image search: [Google]
1398346513920.jpg
65KB, 494x380px
>>52848604
You have to look at it like this, you don't pay to pull well financially, you pay to pull well deck-wise to win more packs to increase your odds, only your wits, skills and meta-knowledge can help the odds as well. Go in for memorable duel experiences as much as winning and you'll almost never fail to enjoy your time.
>>
>>52848604
There's 2 factors for me in sealed, open money and open good deck, and i would be happy if it fits just one criteria.
Of course when you open money AND stomping the opposition, it felt so fucking good. The opposite also applies though.
>>
>>52846059
There's a neat bit of synergy between bounty and quarry hauler, as you can use the camel to add or remove a flood counter to keep getting the card draw or the mana depending on what you need.
>>
>>52849164
You can only remove. Adding doesn't give you any extra benefits.
>>
>>52849195
Oh yeah, I misread when the flood token comes on. Still, it lets you get the card draw more which is probably what you want more, especially lategame.
>>
File: cards.jpg (203KB, 1228x670px) Image search: [Google]
cards.jpg
203KB, 1228x670px
My last opponent for prize support let me get these two out on the field at the same time. It was glorious.
>>
File: 20170422_190900.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170422_190900.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I went 3-0-1. I usually don't do well at these, so I was really happy.
>>
There's a stupid amount of creatures whose ability is (Put negative counters on minion.) and it means NOTHING if they put it on the 1 drop that makes a 2/2 zombie. All value, no risk.
>>
>>52832304
the winners aka 'worthy' also get murdered lol
>>
>>52849619
Run Oketra's Monument and enjoy your 4/5s for 4
>>
>>52850120
That doesn't help when they get out 4/2's and other huge minions early with no drawback.
>>
I think some people don't realize having 40 or 50 hp is meaningless if you don't have minions to fight back
>>
>>52850909
How are people even getting to that amount during a pre-release? I know there's an artifact that gives you life, but it's still pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>52850976
White's Regal Caracal ca do that.
Easier if you play black and got a bunch of Black's Cartouche and Baleful Ammit.
>>
Do store owners get pissed if people leave the event early?
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.