[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 29

File: 504e96171ca16c9f482afc23bc088101.jpg (889KB, 2408x5436px) Image search: [Google]
504e96171ca16c9f482afc23bc088101.jpg
889KB, 2408x5436px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Spheres of Might edition. What's the verdict on Spheres of Might? Would you ever use it for real? How do you like it vs Path of War?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>52760603
>>
File: 1491803294798.jpg (192KB, 681x798px) Image search: [Google]
1491803294798.jpg
192KB, 681x798px
>>52764026
>Is there a feat like the Precise Bombs feat except for... not bombs? I'm trying to build a Gloom Chymist and I don't want to nuke my friends by mistake.

Also, any advice for building/playing a Gloom Chymist?

Most of the guides are entirely bomb-focused and glooms don't count as bombs.
>>
File: gloom.jpg (701KB, 2100x2900px) Image search: [Google]
gloom.jpg
701KB, 2100x2900px
>>52764156
For reference.
>>
>>52764130

I think some of the stuff needs to be hammered out still, but making allowances for it being a playtest right now to find how the beta version plays with existing rules I still think it has good potential as a way to make building martial artists more interesting without occupying the same space as Path of War.

It won't be for everyone but that's an asinine criteria because there is literally nothing in this game that everyone who plays it likes.
>>
New thread post, might as well

>>52764100
Lemme see... starting from the bottom of the applications page, and going up, we've got

>Kenna
>Helvetica?
>Olivia
>Crytha
>Cijiska
>Ecaterina
>Yamelia?
>Emilia

Ones with a question mark I'm not sure about
>>
Okay so what the fuck is a sphere of might? Is this some new book I don't know about?
>>
>>52764190
You mean Orbs of Virility? Balls of Strength? Globes of Potency? I don't know either, pal.
>>
>>52764186
I want Olivia to bully Kenna for being optimistic.
>>
>>52764190

Third-party thing.

A couple years ago they did Spheres of Power, which was an alternative magic system based more around mana pools and a modular system of abilities you could combine to make magic than spell slots.

Now they're playtesting a similar system but for skills and weapon combat.
>>
>>52764186
Hrm, yeah those seem about right as far as serious female apps are concerned. I'd probably ship Emilia with some of the male apps, Lucius included.
>>
>>52764074
You're leaping at shadows, hun; bed who you wish to bed, I just request you do so quietly. ᴮᵉˢᶦᵈᵉˢ ᴵ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵉᵃˢᶦˡʸ ᶜˡᵃᶦᵐ ʰᶦᵐ ᶦᶠ ᴵ ˢᵒ ᵈᵉˢᶦʳᵉᵈ
>>
>>52764143
Sorry bro, but it's less about AD&D in particular and more that that system just so happened to have something that I feel modern systems lack, and I've felt this way for a while despite only just recently learning about AD&D's rules.

>>52764164
How is that inconsistent? NORMAL people in PF have 10 Con, and as shown with carrying capacity rules higher stats are meant to be exponential as opposed to just linear, which means that at 20 Con you're not twice as healthy as the normal man, you're more like 4-5 TIMES as healthy as the normal man, and are practically superhuman in that respect. How does it NOT make sense that you should get more bonuses for that fact outside of a good Fort save and a few extra hit points?
>>
>>52764186
What is meant by "serious"? People that actually want to play, or ones that are more serious in tone?
>>
>>52764262
As apps that are well written and aren't a meme like Vivienne.
>>
>>52764232
What's your comprehensive ship list, though?

>>52764262
On a sliding scale of silly to serious, compare Succubed to Crytha, Vivienne to Olivia, or KANNA to Cijiska. You can immediately tell that the former are very light in tone, or just plain weird, while the latter... well, aren't. Serious IN TONE is what I'm talking about.
>>
>>52764245
It's just constantly brought up, dude.
>>
>>52763969
>>52764074
>>52764240
Jesus fucking christ. This is basically the definition of autism.
We get it. You want everyone to know that you RP REAL GOOD and DO THE LEWDS.
>>
>>52764295
Right, that makes sense

What tone does the GM want?
>>
>>52764323
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4909491/a-word-on-tone
>>
>>52764295
I think it's a bit too early to tell honestly.
>>
File: 17353432.jpg (48KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
17353432.jpg
48KB, 500x750px
>>52764314
lewdposting is a pox on the general
>>
>>52764331
Oh

That's just "the players determine it!" stuff that isn't helpful at all
>>
>>52764245
Probably because lists of random special bonuses and penalties for each ability score at specific breakpoints over-complicates them, runs counter to the whole design of them being core competencies that determine your base point on the RNG, and makes all the special abilities they're attached to instantly way the fuck less special.
>>
File: 9c9.jpg (368KB, 1307x528px) Image search: [Google]
9c9.jpg
368KB, 1307x528px
Time to ship LoB&F characters!

Taking all bets!
>>
>>52764363
It really isn't, but I've made my bet and I'll stick with it. I made a serious character because I didn't want to play with a bunch of memes.
>>
>>52764363
Gee, could it be the GM doesn't want to force people to be grimdark? Actually letting players have more agency? Shock and gasp.
>>
>>52764385
>yfw you end up as the serious foil to a meme party
>>
>>52764389
Then he should come out and say what his desired tone is, not do this "well it could be dark but it could also be light-hearted, I dunno lol" thing that potentially wastes peoples time
>>
>>52764156
Honestly you might be able to get away with making clones of all bomb-related feats and discoveries, only applying to glooms.
>>
>>52764314
Anon, I'm just razzin' ya. That was mean of me, and I apologize. I shouldn't intentionally aggravate Anons; that's not Justice!

Let's talk about you instead. Working on any interesting apps?
>>
>>52764437
Didn't they specify that glooms aren't bombs just so you wouldn't be able to use those feats and discoveries with glooms?

This would require permission from my DM, right? I'm not entirely sure that would fly.
>>
>>52764363
Let's be real here, the thread would be shitposting about how it was too dark if he went serious and grim, too silly if he went light and comfy.

I'm just going to go with what I want to be as a villain.
>>
File: f1355146a1d7610fc26798f4e36f8865.png (403KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
f1355146a1d7610fc26798f4e36f8865.png
403KB, 1000x1200px
>>52764315

Being able to rely fully on Strength for opportunity attacks is highly convenient, particularly when it means you can leave your Dexterity at 12 and wear full plate.

It is also much more convenient to gain Parry and Riposte via a combat talent (equivalent to a feat) than via a one-level dip that sabotages your progression.

>The critfishing is cute, but how much do you have invested to massage the numbers for a still less than 50/50 chance to make something explode?
Considering that this is a 1st-level build that still manages to be a skill monkey and a reach-based lockdown build that shuts down ranged attacks, the build has still managed to round itself out even after heightening its offense.

For reference, this is the 1st-level build in question: >>52762240
>>
>>52764514
I don't care about what the thread shitposts, though? Neither should you. I don't want to waste my time making a light hearted app and have it immediately discounted because the DM decided to pick all serious characters
>>
>>52764556
But who except other anons trying to shill is saying the GM is going to pick all serious characters/all meme characters?
>>
Wait touhou posts here to? I remember him from /wodg/ but didn't expect to find him here
I mean his whole gig is pointing out broken builds right? Thats kind of irrelevant in a game as utterly shattered as pathfinder isn't it?
>>
>>52764556
the meme characters have (mostly) pmed the gm saying that they cant actually meet the time slot

it was just a labor of love for 'em.
>>
>>52764571
Nobody is, the opposite could hold true too, where a serious character is passed over because the others are too silly. Wouldn't it annoy you if you made a serious character and that happened? Especially when all the DM has to do is state what mood he wants the game to have rather than sit on the fence about it?
>>
>>52764626
Not really? I don't need my hand held to make my character. If it's an evil game, I'm going to assume certain things, and just do what I want to play unless otherwise noted.

Is /pfg/ really so used to Adventure Paths that it can't figure out how to make characters independently of a Player's Guide anymore?
>>
>>52764130
They need to leave the tsundere shit to Gonzo and april releases, and not just shove in random terms they don't even understand.

Mechanics are less evocative than PoW, and dedicating Focus to a sphere is just kinda frustrating. I'm personally not a fan of Spheres of Power (not that I think there's anything wrong with the system, honestly, it's just not something I find interesting to build with or play - more power to you if you do like them), and this is looking to be... like that but simultaneously worse balanced and with cringeworthy writing. And the mechanics are more frustrating.

That said I can't touch PoW with a clear conscience given how poorly tuned it is. And I find other martials boring as hell. And I hate vancian casters. And psionics feels bland and free of fluff.

Why am I playing Pathfinder again

Guys help I think I have stockholmes
>>
>>52764626
Some of us don't take getting into a game so seriously. It's not like I got passed over for a job, or rejected by a college, or sent a Dear John letter by a girlfriend.
>>
>>52764657
>And psionics feels bland and free of fluff.
Shit taste.
>>
>>52764365
I've been sitting here while talking to others in the Discord about random crap thinking about this, and I have to ask, what about this is any different from what we already have to deal with now? As it stands Pathfinder is already very heavily into long lists of documentation about what benefits are given to characters, and once you know that at 22 Str your character should have the ability to hold up a 500 lb door with no problem for like, a solid 10 minutes it really isn't that big of a deal to keep track of.
>>
>>52764695
It's literally just "a thing happens". Never "you summon a thing which does a thing", or "you create a thing which shoots a thing."

There's nothing to build off of. I have to make all my character's fluff up on my own, and I suck at that. ><
>>
>>52764724
Because Psionics is all about you doing a thing. It's up to you how you style doing a thing. You're character is a powerful mentalist. Have the power's be effect by their state of mind. If you're using energy ray maybe your character clutches their head in pain as the temperature around them shoots up several degrees before belching out a beam of hot fire?

I mean, that doesn't really seem like a complaint all that different from any other magic type in the game. If anything fluffing psionic shit is easier because you don't need to shoehorn verbal and somatics in there.
>>
>>52764657
Check out the psionics augmented stuff that mixes psionic and psychic.
>>
>>52764767
That's fair, but I rely on interesting spell and ability descriptions to come up with my character's fluff, rather than the other way around. I don't get any IDEAS from psionics - there's not a point to jump off of. Same issue I have with Spheres, actually.
>>
>>52765023
>I don't want to fluff things, I want to be spoonfed

Kys my dude
>>
>>52765023
Seriously do this >>52764861

The stuff that line has made has cool mechanics and is full of flavor.
>>
>>52764544
So the main thing here is it can do the OPReflexes build faster than 1pp martial builds, primarily because it's so hard to get OPR onto another chassis without being a 'Buckler. It gets that on top of having a bunch of other random bullshit and an Ill conceived set of numberfucking abilities.

The actual problem, as far as I can tell, is this: the class chassis has too much going on, which interacts in strange ways with the alternative power system that the book is also providing. The solution would be to remove or prune some of the class things or rework the power system.

If anything, it reminds me of the Mystic from PoW.
>>
>>52765175
You want to play a game with no fluff, go play Legend

oh wait
>>
>>52765213
"I literally cannot think for myself."
>>
>>52765216
>I don't need to read books or watch movies for entertainment because I am perfectly capable of imagining an entire story for myself from scratch every time I want something new
>>
>>52765216
I need a damn starting point, and psionics doesn't give me that.
>>
>>52765023
That's your own fault, desu.
>>
>>52765226
>He doesn't write his own shit up for funsies

I bet you don't even write 50 page essays in emacs into latex, you fucking cuck
>>
>>52765240
Your starting point is 'literal physic powers'
>>
>>52765240
The fuck are you talking about? Most people complain Psionics has TOO MUCH fluff. It's crystals, it's spoon-bending, it's new age mysticism! You're a hippy, you're a narc, you're a crazy hobo on the street-corner, or maybe you're an enlightened guru from the East; regardless, you're P S I O N I C.
>>
>>52765248
Barring that, the elevator pitch for the Psion schools, the Wilder whatevers, the PsyWar disciplines, etc.

Instead of insulting you some more over Psionics, what actually gets your creative juices flowing? We can insult you for that instead.
>>
How I make Wrath of the Righteous more heavy metal?
>>
>>52765284
>Add Doom soundtrack
>Describe things as being metal
>Rename everything after bands or artists
Congratulations, you're now successfully the kind of nerd other nerds unironically call "nerd".
>>
>>52764130
Guys, I'm getting annoyed. So I'm starting a new campaign with some friends, but others have found out. We now have about 8 players instead of the usual 4 who want to play, plus an additional 2 who may or may not come. I'm willing to bet that all these people will come for a handful of sessions, no more than maybe 2, then vanish and just fuck up my games every few weeks by appearing with their underpowered characters.

First session is in about an hour. Only 3 of these players have ever played Pathfinder properly, but 2 of the newfags have played about 30 mins of a premade mission.

How would you guys recommend I proceed? I was gonna throw massive amounts of enemies at them (there's an in game reason for that) and let them struggle not to be overwhelmed, but that may not work now, since there's so many players. Plus combat would be slowed right down. Any ideas?

All I can think of right now is killing the shit out of anybody who can't cut it, and let them deal with that.
>>
>>52765257
Long-ass fancy descriptions of what happens and why, like Black Tentacles. You can build a whole character around the idea of whatever the fuck you're tapping into.

Like the biggest issue isn't actually so much the powers (though I've got that too), it's that I don't even get where the class's power COMES from, but they explain it slightly too much for me to just go "Yeah sure it's magic whatever". With a Wizard, it's 'eh, magic'... or there's a longass in-universe explanation of it tapping into the Weave or whatever. With a sorcerer, it's "grandma fucked a dragon and that's genetic". I can shrug that off.

Where Psionics loses me is the point where I go "okay, cool, so WHY does me being hella smart let me move things with my mind". It's slightly too developed for me to shrug off and go "this isn't important", but not developed enough for me to be satisfied with the answer. I don't get what about the Vitalist's willpower/perception/spirituality allows 'em to move their party member's health around, I don't get why a Wilder's emotion has turned into energy blasts, and I don't get what the fuck a damn Psion is studying that lets them throw a motherfucker at another motherfucker with their motherfucking mind.

Without getting that... I don't even know how to START on a character.
>>
>>52765294
try saying 'no i can only DM for 4' next time
>>
>>52765299
So you're literally retarded
>>
>>52765291
But I want to be an Stoklaza nerd who tells fake nerds who are nerds because its trendy now to fuck off my hobbies and stopping ruining them with their low power levels.

No, I mean setting wise you poo brain. As in I change Sarkoris to be a high-tech civilization instead of a barbaric animistic nation so I can add non-magical relics, introduce enemies from Tome of Horros and Bestiaries that came after the AP which would fit perfectly in a Heavy Metal album cover or do references to the literature which inspired late 70s hard rock like that of Mike Moorcock.
>>
>>52765299
It's all fucking explained - was better explained even in 2e of course - but you've obviously done the same as old 2e GMs who called it overpowered, and read it cover AND cover instead of cover to cover.

There is no helping the dishonest.
>>
>>52765344
All I've actually read is the class descriptions and powers, yeah. I don't know where else I should be looking to learn about the fluff.
>>
>>52765336
>Michael Moorcock
Get Out lefty, you don't belong here.
>>
>>52765294
Run one-shots until the newbies leave, you weeping babyman.

>>52765299
You may legit be on the spectrum. Do what you do for Wizards, but read the goddamned fluff for the meaningless subdivisions PF puts on everything. Or suss out in your own head how you think they would do things.

The Wilder is lashing out at what they hate, manifest in mind energy. The Vitalist can see damage as tarry pools in the auras of party members. The Psion has entered The Matrix and realizes there is no fucking spoon.
>>
>>52765363
I actually am on the spectrum. Doctor diagnosis and everything.

The main issue is- what the fuck is mind energy? If the psion is some sort of platonic cave bullshit, then what's the damn fire they're making shadows with? WHY can the vitalist see goddamn hit points?
>>
>>52765361
yeah it's not like there's this gigantic chapter called psionics that starts with stuff like that.
>>
>>52765375
You're a bit too far on the spectrum to be functional. Why are you trying to play with other people? You're not ready yet.
>>
>>52765375
>On the spectrum
Shitfinder confirmed for cretins game.
>>
File: 1392114553746.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1392114553746.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
Where are all the reviewer anons at?
>>
>>52765399
The Psionics chapter in ultpsi's fluff is vague as fuck. Literally just "Psionic powers spring from sentient minds... The exact implementation of how this energy is harnessed – meditation, mental strength, clarity of thought, a third eye, etc – is up to you, but psionics is all about using the power of the mind to affect change in the world."

If there's a giant-ass fluff paragraph I'm missing in that chapter that EXPLAINS how the hell it DOES that, I'd LOVE to know what page it's on so I could stop being so fucking stupid.
>>
>>52765362
Shitfinder confirmed for /pol/acks entertainment.
>>
>>52765443
Read Schopenhauer.
It will give you ideas of how psions work.
>>
>>52765432

What do you want reviewed?
>>
>>52765443
Have you ever heard of the term "magical thinking"? Where people believe they can influence events by thinking really hard about it?

That's Psionics. Only the events are "you catch fire now". If that still bothers you, they manipulate a specific material from the Ethereal Plane (ectoplasm) to make constructs and perform effects. This material is thought reactive.
>>
>>52765375
>>52765443
Immediately consider the fact that mental energy exists in real life in the form of electricity and that different emotions, stimuli, and senses cause different parts of your brain to fire in different patterns.
Then consider the fact that this is the world where Wizards having spells erased retconned from their memory after casting on a regular basis is accepted and common knowledge.
>>
>>52765443
How the fuck does Power Word Kill just flat up end someone?
>>
>>52765471
Well there was an anon doing Overlewd reviews and they hadn't managed to roll mine. Is sad.
>>
>>52765488
Pretty sure we call that Meme Magic now
>>
>>52765512
Just say which one's yours and they'll look at it
Speaking of which has anyone done Helvetica yet
I'm not her player but I want to see anyway
>>
>>52765512
Ask and ye shall receive.

Or don't ask, and just continue to shitpost vaugely.
>>
File: 1464576194603.jpg (126KB, 814x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1464576194603.jpg
126KB, 814x1100px
>Overlewd has a CG app
Wew
>>
>>52765491
are you saying that psionics is bioelectricity
is that what we're going with now
>>
>>52765516
Sure you aren't.

>>52765524
I want you to do Emilia even thought I'm not her player.
>>
>>52765531
I'm not, I'm Ecaterina's player.
>>
>>52765529
No, I'm saying that Psionics is to bioelectricity what Vancian casting is to memory.
>>
>>52765527
i want to corrupt her to evil!
>>
File: 1484554228877.jpg (72KB, 815x726px) Image search: [Google]
1484554228877.jpg
72KB, 815x726px
>>52765527
Jesus fuck even better
Lawful Good
>there's a GHOOOOOOOOUL guitarist
>>
>>52764245
>as shown with carrying capacity rules higher stats are meant to be exponential as opposed to just linear,
There's no indication whatsoever of that applying to stats other than Strength.
>>
>>52765538
... Huh. Alright.
That actually helps a lot. Thanks, anon.
>>
Is overlewd going to have to be entirely monster (ghost/succubi) or none at all?

I cannot imagine a spheres cleric, avowed or any other class really, being in any way balanced with those "without" if gestalted to one of those.

Not to mention the diplomancy...
>>
>>52765595
>Diplomacy
Succubi easily break 25 CHA and have face skills as class skills, what are you on about? Men are so easy.
>>
>>52765595
Overlewd isn't even a real game i'm calling it

the monster class thing is just a fucking disaster
>>
>>52765547
>GHOOOOOOOOUL guitarist
Guess we were overdue for a meme male.
>>
>>52765595
It's either going to be all monster, esp. top tier monster, or he's going to give the humans / nonmonster / shitty monsters like 20 bonus feats and free +2 gear or something.
Also I just realized, is the Gelatinous Cube going to break 35 CON?
>>
>>52765642
>It's either going to be all monster, esp. top tier monster, or he's going to give the humans / nonmonster / shitty monsters like 20 bonus feats and free +2 gear or something.

Is that you guessing or did he actually say that?
>>
>>52765667
He's guessing. Plus, the GM said he was going to nerf the monster races. I don't feel left out that I didn't take one.
>>
>>52765642
Easily, but for an Avowed I'm not sure if that means anything beyond 'enemies will never pass their saves' and the class doesn't get proper save-or-sucks for a good while.
>>
>>52765672
>Plus, the GM said he was going to nerf the monster races.

[citation needed]
>>
>>52765642
Easily. That's why the gelatinous cube was going CON Avowed if I read correctly.
>>
>>52765673
Well it means she has absolutely ridiculous FORT save and HP.
Also probably the ability to fuck a kraken into a coma
>>
>>52765672
>the GM said he was going to nerf the monster classes
No, he didn't, and it'd be pretty #rude for him to suddenly nerf people who have already chosen their class and build directions. If he wants to rebalance his only real choice is buffing.
>>
>>52765676
Well if you paid any attention to the discord you would know this.
>>
>>52765699
Why the fuck do people use the goddamn discord so much? Why the shit are you on 4chan if you're going to shove everything in discord?
>>
>>52765524

Want to do a blingmaker?

I've had some good suggestions from friends but nothing thorough.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4911933/
>>
>>52765699
Yeah? Because I'm hearing some conflicting reports now. Which is it? Should I give up on that Troll with Diehard that can't be killed or not?
>>
>>52765689
also damage if using Barrage and a few other shapes.
>>
>>52765717
Fucking this.
>you should know anon, it was already said!
Except it was apparently said in some chatroom in some other fucking program that isn't the fucking 4chan someone's fucking asking for it on.
>>
>>52765744
Or on Roll20, you know, where the actual rules will be written
>>
>>52765744
>Discord Cabal doesn't exist!

Like fucking hell it doesn't.
>>
>>52765738
Oh yeah, but that's only Barrage and Rampage and the AoEs at level 10+ (after the next nerf)

Since they're battlefield control and using the GM Pact they're probably focusing on AoE.
>>
>>52765748
It does exist and the GM for Overlewd is in it, duh. He mostly posts porn.
>>
>>52765725
I feel like I got trolled. The first review hasn't been put up yet.
>>
>>52765642
Cube's probably going to be effectively immortal after a couple of levels with all her immunities, gay as shit HP and effective immunity to save-or-dies
>>
>>52765775

Sleep banned broken blade and is discouraging it for Overlewd, people playing invincible cubes are just self selecting themselves out.
>>
>>52765746
>Bloodforge and Dreamscarred Press Monster Classes allowed
If you're going to play a monster, I recommend these

What IS discouraged on the other hand is Broken Blade.
>>
>>52765784
>>52765785
Where's the Cube class anyway?
>>
>>52765775
>>52765784
She just wanted to be a bed, anons...
>>
>>52765805
Doesn't mean she's not immortal
Honestly Overlewd is probably not going to be combat-heavy anyway so it doesn't matter, it's not like the other monster apps are any more balanced. He allowed Gestalt and Savage Species 2.0, I doubt Sleep cares about balance this time.
>>
>>52765810
And yet the best app uses no monster classes

Really activates those almonds.
>>
>>52765815
>best app
Who's that then
Considering what the actual game is advertised as I'm not sure you're even supposed to go for balance.
>>
>>52765824
Vivienne, obviously.

succubed is a close second, along with newgame+
>>
>>52765824
He's going to say it's the Kasatha
>>
>>52765831
Kasatha is pretty ok too not gon lie
>>
>>52765828
t. Broodie
>>
>>52765839
Shhh don't expose my obvious 3am shitposting
>>
>>52765828
NG+ is going to be metagaming the character.
>>
>>52765851
NG+ is fucking hilarious though

what a concept
>>
>>52765853
No I like the concept a lot
It's just
She doesn't feel like a PC. She feels like an NPC, and not in the "2 flat" way but in the "you have to be THIS DM-tier to qualify" way. She's like an exposition recurrring character you meet on your travels.
>>
>>52765865
We can fix this

Avowed with a gamemaster pact
>>
>>52765828
vivienne is a stupid meme because there's no actual joke to the character
>>
>>52765792
Last year's April Augmented.
>>
>>52765886
The character is the joke.
>>
>>52765888
link?
>>
>>52765894
google you dumbasss
>>
>>52765889
I don't get it.
>>
>>52765785
Isn't the cube a DSP class though?
>>
>>52765889
'she's a dominatrix' isn't a joke.
>>
>>52765900
>>52765904
Broodie literally does not have time to play, so he submitted a joke app. The character's continued existence on the app page is the joke.
>>
>>52765900
How do you not understand the level of meme put into that character

>>52765904
Anon its a meta thing.
>>
>>52765766
I mean... what do you want me to say?

The author turned a literal demon into "2 pure and naive 4 dis world" waifu bait. It's a perfect storm of the traits I hate most in /pfg/'s apps.
>>
>>52765907
Anon... Come on the meme goes so many levels deeper

That character is a perfectly crafted shitpost, right down to the cropped porn image.
>>
>>52765907
>>52765910
So it's an in-joke?

NG+, Slime Bed and Transformer Fairies are funnier.
>>
>>52765926
It's really not as funny, meme-worthy, or unique as you think it is, Broodie. It's literally just the dom archetype.

>>52765928
No it's a shitpost in the original sense of "zero-value post" because it is a literally meaningless app in the app thread which cannot play even if chosen.
>>
>>52765933
I'm not Broodie. I just see the memes man.
>>
>>52765917
The fact this is coming from Rory is especially scummy.
>>
>>52765940
t. Broodie
>>
>>52765926
no it doesn't

no it isn't

>>52765910
>>52765907
none of this makes it a joke or funny. it's comes off more like you're looking to slob on broodie's knob over anything you possibly can. i'm guessing discord is involved.

also you don't even know what 'meme' means
>>
>>52765950
I didn't say it was funny, but it is a joke.
>>
>>52765950
You just don't understand art anon.
>>
>>52765959
Fuck off Broodie
>>
>>52765963
Now we're getting to Rory levels.

At least learn to recognize posting styles.
>>
>>52765978
It's a waste-of-space not-app that isn't even like Argentum's or something which is at least somewhat passable in its raw absurdity. The only thing that is meme-like is the name von Edelfelt, but Luvia isn't a dom she's a wrassler.
>>
>>52765717
Fucking millenials hooked to their cell phones.
>>
>>52765958
OH, I see. We're calling it a joke read as "piece of shit", not joke read as "funny thing".

I don't think it's thaaat bad.
>>
>>52765990
bruh now you're just getting wound up by an obvious shitposter
>>
File: 1473380009083.jpg (224KB, 633x900px) Image search: [Google]
1473380009083.jpg
224KB, 633x900px
>when people use the Experimental Pathfinder sheet
STOP IT YOU FAGS
IT LOOKS LIKE COMPLETE SHIT
>>
>>52766006
i disagree
>>
>>52766009
It's all bubbly and not clean at all
It has a couple more features in the Class List and stuff sure but it looks like shit and doesn't even print well
Also pretty sure it has less space for skills
>>
>>52766006
This fucking guy right here.

Experimental sheets look like fucking shit. Seriously, it's just not a good looking sheet. Use the legacy one you fucks.
>>
>>52766006
It has more room to write the abilities and stuff on the actual lines.

And NEITHER sheet calculates things properly nor can you disable autocalc on either of them, so it's not like there's a functional advantage to either.
>>
>>52766018
i personally like its layout more but thats just me
>>
>>52766022
Legacy sheet can reorder skills.
>>
>>52766022
It literally doesn't though
It doesn't have enough for an actual description of the skills but it has enough to fit in just about any named skill you have
If it's homebrew you can just put it in since the lines scroll

>>52766026
I can sort of see that but it just looks bad. It's like an unholy matrimony of Gnome, Apple, and Windows 7.
>>
>>52766039
i mean its just an opinion

I don't like the overall layout of the legacy sheets as much
>>
>>52766044
I'm not talking about layout, just the visual style of it.
>>
>>52766047
layout is more important to me than visual style desu, i want to access my shit quickly
>>
>>52766039
>character portrait, eyes/hair/weight details all on the same page as combat
>loads on the same page as combat but more importantly NOT on the same page as equipment

Plus the experimental calculates gp values on equipment, and isn't fucking half empty on the caster sheet for no good reason; they couldn't even draw some fucking lines down to the bottom?
>>
>>52766070
>looks like some appletard designed it with help from the Vista lads
>>
>>52766070
the caster page is so shit on the legacy sheet
>>
>>52765725
Eh, it's mostly fine.

The biggest issues I see, are:
1. Her reason for participating in the adventure is super flimsy, and has absolutely nothing to do with the majority of her backstory.

2. Her personality is just kinda... blah. When putting together a group, one of the biggest factors I consider is how one character is going to interact with the rest of the group. As written, this character is too goddamn nice. She's unlikely to really have interesting conflicts with anyone and her pain is all internalized/hidden, so... people have to dig to get to it. Ultimately the point of a character flaw isn't so you can check a box, it's to provide deeper/more interesting interactions, and to provide a speedbump on the character's journey. You've got latter down, now you need to work on the former.

The rest of the app is perfectly serviceable, so fix those two problems and you should be fine.
>>
>>52766022
Yeah, I think Deflection doesn't add to Touch like it should on one of them.
>>
>>52766142
thats the experimental
>>
>>52766098

Thanks.
>>
>>52766142
>>52766148
It does it right on both of them, what are you talking about?
>>
>>52766070
I'm just pissed that neither of them are CUSTOMIZABLE IN THE SLIGHTEST

LET ME RELABEL THINGS FOR FUCKSAKE.

I DON'T NEED HERO POINTS.
>>
I was really into pathfinder for a while, but i stopped following things around a year ago due to work. I'm starting another game soon, and I want suggestions on a written adventure to run.

Something that is good for drop in players, and I can gm pc some silent brutes if it comes up. Not Rappan Athuk or Slumbering Tsar, but similar things would be good. Any ideas?
>>
>>52766450

If you want an evil campaign Way of the Wicked is pretty good.
>>
>>52766509
>>52766450
Seconding, it's not even hard to run so perfect for dusting the rust off
>>
Just over 1 week left and most of the applications are more or less unfinished. Come join the bambliest of boozles. It even vaguely has ruse in the name.

>https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73938/rhusae
>>
File: wotw7_cover_800.jpg (391KB, 800x1035px) Image search: [Google]
wotw7_cover_800.jpg
391KB, 800x1035px
>>52766450
>>52766509
>>52766522
I've currently been playing in a Way of the Wicked campaign for the last few months, we just finished with book 2 and are starting book 3.

It's definitely a solid AP to run and I really recommend picking up the 7th book they released which basically acts as a supplement for the other 6 books (extra handout, info, etc.)

If you also open up the 2nd book, somewhere towards the end they have some options for starting the game differently than normal (like an all goblin group, no spellcasters, all clerics, etc.)

The one thing I will say is that book 2 is definitely the odd one out of all of them according to the GM and could use some work. Aside from that I suggest taking a good look at that AP and see about running the campaign!
>>
>>52765942
That's not RoryAnon, he's too eloquent
>>
>>52766550
I feel kind of bad for you because it looks like you've put in quite some work and just aren't getting apps.
>>
>tfw applied to a game with a shitpost
>tfw got in with that shitpost
>Its my only game
>I really don't partucularly care for the game or my other players
I should just make a new roll20 account and app till I get in to a game I actually want, shouldn't I?
>>
>>52766934
wat?
>>
New game master and relearning the rules of pathfinder, I recently purchased the adventure module for the emerald spire, and just ordered thornkeep online yesterday. Plan to run it for two friends. Has anyone here played it? Any advice for having half a party?
>>
>>52766734
>>52766550

I think it's actually that the fact there's so much new lore to learn and options to read over creates the perception of a huge entry hurdle that intimidates applicants.

Could use a few quick sales pitches summarizing each big section.
>>
>>52766550
You heard the man Spooke
>>
>>52766509
>>52766522
>>52766550
I actually already ran way of the wicked for the current group, i agree its great
>>
>>52766945
What's the question? I apped with a joke. I got in.
>>
>>52766981

The guns mechanics stuff alone kind of scares me off, I have a hard enough time making characters for PF without even more shit to track.
>>
>>52765531
Actually I am, just woke up. Hi. I'd be cool with anyone doing Helvetica. Also reviewing her. Tried to make it a character that could meet the tone of the game from dark and gritty experimenter wizard, to lighthearted lewdfriend in a bad situation, depending on how the game's tone is set.
>>
>>52766934
Drink molten lead you miserable fiasco of pseudohuman.
>>
File: 1478443517808.jpg (39KB, 393x428px) Image search: [Google]
1478443517808.jpg
39KB, 393x428px
Lads my Real-Life DM has just announced to my group that, because he's tired of Forever DM'ing normal campaigns, that he's doing 40 PB with Triple Gestalt for a mega high-powered campaign, all 1PP allowed, Touhou Grimoire allowed, DSP MC allowed, and using a merge of SoP + Vancian (as in, a Wizard gets both High Sphere Casting AND Vancian Casting).
What should I do?
>>
File: 1485463660937.png (196KB, 395x301px) Image search: [Google]
1485463660937.png
196KB, 395x301px
>>52767364
>40 PB with Triple Gestalt
What the fuck
>>
>>52767373
pls help me
>>
>>52767364

That sounds totally stupid
>>
File: dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif (5MB, 325x294px) Image search: [Google]
dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif
5MB, 325x294px
>>52767364
>>
>>52767406
He's really bored

>>52767415
He said Wizards get spontaneous casting for Sorcerer spells too.
Fighters get 2 PoW disciplines and 2 bonus feats, etc.
He's REALLY bored.
>>
>>52767364
>triple gestalt
What does that even fucking MEAN
>>
>>52767437

It means you spend a week leveling up.
>>
>>52767364
Call the asylum, you GM is suffering a nervous breakdown and he is clearly asking for help.
>>
>>52767364
>Not also having gestalt mythic

He tries so hard, but came short.
>>
>>52767646
I'll ask him for it
He basically told us to give any suggestions to make PCs even more broken
>>
>>52767652
Well aside from getting to choose your entire inventory for free, there's nothing more broken than mythic, let alone mythic gestalt. With it you can effectively become an unkillable ball of death that full-rounds at the end of a charge he started about half across the city for martials and do this while submerged in lava and with seven different death effects looming over him or turn an entire city into ash with a single fireball without expending a slot for casters.
>>
>>52767676
>Fireball
>Turning a city into ash
lolno.
>>
>>52767676
You know considering the tone of Overlewd as "TAKE OVER THE WORLD" I'm surprised Sleep hasn't made players Mystic.
>>
>>52767652
I agree with >>52767462, this sounds like a cry for help.
>>
>>52767698
If it actually isn't a bamboozle I'm pretty sure they're going to go mythic at some point. Probably when they make their first city or something.
>>
>>52767364

You tell us where we could join this campaign because I wanna try that out.
>>
>>52767832
>real-life
>>
>>52767842

YOU HEARD ME.

WHERE IN THE STATE YOU AT?
>>
>>52767850
>being American
>>
>>52767860

I thought tabletop was haram?
>>
>Nobody took a b@ to the c@

Pretty disappointing desu
>>
I want to SMASH THE R@
>>
>>52768243
Memecat's memes can't compare to some of the other applicants
>>
>>52768365
Considering succubed was a thing, it would have been hard to outmeme from the start. It's some basic bitch memes in play, man.
>>
Hmm, book 6 of Hell's Vengeance doesn't seem to be in the trove. Anyone have a link?
>>
>>52768431
Cube is a massive meme but the thing is I really want to play with her now
>>
>Surely enough, even with the sins of her father, the guardsmen couldn't bring themselves to place a blade to the child's throat. Instead, she was shuffled off to an orphanage, where she was raised by two crossly-mannered old folks. Constantly ridiculed for her erratic personality shifts and her deformed, kaleidoscopic right eye, she wasn't able to find herself a home willing to take her. She ended up sleeping on the old cots of the orphanage until she turned 18, where she was promptly kicked out into the streets.
>deformed, kaleidoscopic right eye
>kaleidoscopic ... eye
Lads we literally have a Mangekyou in the apps
>>
>>52768498
The cube is cute and the cube's player is cute!
>>
>>52768498
It's always suffering to realize you've grown attached to a meme, especially when it's unlikely to be something you can reuse elsewhere.
>>
File: dem.booooks.png (1015KB, 721x1030px) Image search: [Google]
dem.booooks.png
1015KB, 721x1030px
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me about your character's personal library.
>>
>>52768554
Uh, well, my character has a spellbook? Does that count?
>>
File: fuck this gay earth (2).gif (497KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this gay earth (2).gif
497KB, 250x140px
>spent all day at work thinking of stories for characters that appear in my App's backstory
>expand on one in particular who's a major influence
>mfw realize this character is much more interesting then my app
>>
File: 1488585571752.jpg (91KB, 450x448px) Image search: [Google]
1488585571752.jpg
91KB, 450x448px
>>52768635
You just got outplayed by your own brain
>>
File: 59871875634.png (61KB, 764x777px) Image search: [Google]
59871875634.png
61KB, 764x777px
>>52768498
>>52768530
>>52768546
>>
>>52768647
Eh, what else is new.
>>
>>52768650
LET ME SNOOZE RUSE OOZE
>>
>>52768650
I play in another game with cube's player. Our GM allowed her to take Cutting Wit.

Every one of us regrets it.
>>
>>52768717
Is Succubed a girl
Why are there so many girls on /tg/
>>
File: no 3d girls allowed.jpg (189KB, 1024x946px) Image search: [Google]
no 3d girls allowed.jpg
189KB, 1024x946px
>>52768717
>her
I love this meme.
>>
>>52768737
Because we're kawaii as fuck.
>>
>>52768737
>Why are there so many girls on /tg/

On the internet, you're allowed to be whatever you want to be!
>>
File: 1430059083106.jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
1430059083106.jpg
56KB, 313x254px
>mfw I figure out a race I really, really want to make for Starfinder
>mfw I'm not sure if the game will have rules for race-building, especially Synthetics or outright AI
>mfw I'm not sure if they'll have rules for Terraforming or Nanotechnology
>>
Is there a feat out there in 3pp that would allow me to wield a Large-sized two-handed weapon as if it was a Medium-sized two-handed weapon?
Preferably with minimal to no feat tax.

I was hoping Stupendous Strength did that, but it just lightens it from two-handed to one-handed to light.
>>
>>52768831
it's a paizo product of course it won't have any of that
>>
>>52768650
LET ME SNOOZE, RUSE OOZE
>>
>>52768860
Mighty Frame from bloodforge. Requires BAB +4, and if you don't fight the right race, you need to grab Mixed Blood trait as prereq.
>>
>>52768860
Unfortunately, the closest you can get is with Mighty Frame from Bloodforge, which requires either you to play certain races, OR costs you a trait to count as a subtype.
>>
>>52768985
*If you don't fit the race requirement
>>
File: Mighty Frame.jpg (431KB, 636x606px) Image search: [Google]
Mighty Frame.jpg
431KB, 636x606px
>>52768860
since the other guys apparently didn't have this saved.
>>
>>52768991
>>52768985
>>52769006
Oh, I forgot about that feat. It's a great choice since I'll be a Monstrous Humanoid. Thanks, guys!
>>
Ironfang. 20 PB. Level 1 start. Free Weapon Finesse, non-Int Casters get 4+Int skill points minimum, background skills, 4 extra HP at level 1. All Paizo. Party needs a face. Any suggestions?
>>
>>52768991
>trait
there's a trait version of mixed blood?
>>
>>52769036
time to play a bard my boy
>>
>>52769053
Yeah, Mixed Blood got changed to a trait in the latest bloodforge update, and appears as such in bloodforge infusions as well.
>>
File: 1490349362018.png (500KB, 1000x830px) Image search: [Google]
1490349362018.png
500KB, 1000x830px
>>52764130
My DM is going to be running a gestalt game soon, and I was hoping to play the Draconic Exemplar from In the Company of Dragons. He's told me that if I'd like to play that then I will not allowed to gestalt like the other players, but the last time I saw the Draconic Exemplar be played in similar conditions (Gestalt game, friend of mine played one while I played a fighter/cleric) the class by itself severely underperformed in comparison to a gestalt character.

What's /pfg/'s opinion on the matter, if any?
>>
>>52769036
Enchantment Sorcerer Kitsune

What do you actually like to play, senpai? You could probably just go with Bard if you wanna be lazy, but what's the rest of the party like?
>>
>>52769098
does it still function exactly the same or did it get weaker?
some of the stuff you could get off it are not in line with trait power level
>>
>>52769131
Weaker now.
Once again there is no longer a way to get darkvision with a feat
>>
>>52767364
I GM'd something like this for a couple months. It was set in a dungeon with a total square footage the size of Rhode Island, had 13 floors, randomized staircases, and walls made of lead sandwiching a flowing river of blightburn powder. I accidentally crashed Donjon's server generating the maps. 35 PB, triple gestalt, 3pp and 3.X allowed. I had a decent story written for it too but they never got there. I called it Ultradunjin.
>>
>>52769109
>running a gestalt game
>forcing a single player to not gestalt
this is literally retarded
it's like holding a bike race and forcing one of the participants to run on foot
even a wizard cannot compare to an average gestalt character
tell your gm he's a fucking idiot
>>
>>52769079
But I don't wanna. Strong possibility, actually.
>>52769113
I'm thinking Mesmerist, maybe Vexing Daredevil. So far I think it's a Mooncursed Barbarian, Verminous Hunter, and someone considering a Feyspeaker Druid. If they lock that in I might switch to Arsenal Chaplain, or maybe Hexcrafter, I dunno.
>>
>>52768875

BUT I WAAAAAAANT IT!
>>
>>52769252
start brewing
>>
>>52769109

Wouldn't baby dragons be incredibly chuuni?

You've got these immature brats raised on delusions of grandeur and threats from both within (especially within) and without. Most of them have illustrious lineages, and all of them contain a growing portion of arcane power.
>>
>>52769275

I can brew very fast, brother. All I need is rules for AI and robots, and a rough idea on how Race Builders will work.
>>
>>52769292
>rules for AI and robots
>Race Builders
start
brewing
>>
>>52769280
It's not chuuni if you /actually/ have an inherited inner destructive power.
>>
>>52769205
>mooncursed
>MOONCURSED

I take pity on the fool.

At the rate of things, you might be good just grabbing like, Sanctified Slayer Inquisitor with Conversion and grabbing a longbow. If people are gonna be Str-based, you could look into Skald, especially since it will work on your barbarian.
>>
are the culverin and double hackbut the only firearms that knock you over if you shoot it without bracing yourself?
advanced/modern firearms lists are devoid of such things it seems
>>
>>52768875

>Paizo has rules for playing an intersex or transgender character
>They don't have rules for robots
>In a Space Opera
>>
>>52769344

Aren't androids a core race, though?
>>
>>52769344
i'm 100% sure they'll just reprint all the subpar rules they have in iron gods
>>
>>52769312

Depends on how grandiose you say your inner destructive power is.
>>
>>52769322
Well the DM is allowing him to use the wereraptor, so at least he'll be able to fly? I don't particularly want to play an Inquisitor, since that's what I'm already doing now.
>>
>>52769356

I'm not talking about soul-carrying Androids that are pretty much shiny humans. I'm talking full-on Synthetics like the Geth or Sentinels, where the basic models don't got two legs (or even legs at all.)
>>
>>52769356
>Androids
>Robots
Androids as a race are literally refluffed humans made of metal
>>
Anyone have a pdf of the 6th part of Hell's Vengeance? It's not on the troves.
>>
File: 1491208063418.jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491208063418.jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
>Spheres of Might
>Guardian

>Challenge: You may expend martial focus as a move action to issue a challenge to a creature you can see. A creature must perceive your challenge to be affected by it. The creature takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls that do not include you as a target and a +2 bonus on attack rolls targeting only you. Creatures receiving this effect are aware of it, though do not gain insight to its duration. This penalty (but not bonus) increases by 1 for every 4 points of base attack bonus you possess. The challenge lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + 1/2 your base attack bonus. When you issue a new challenge, any previous challenge you have active ends.

>Multiple challenges do not stack; if a creature is affected by challenges from more than one creature, they suffer no penalty and gain the bonus against the source of all of the challenges. Creatures with no Intelligence score (Intelligence score of (-)) cannot be targeted by your challenge.

How come they STILL haven't fixed Guardian?

How damn hard can it be to design a marking defender mechanic?
>>
>>52765917
What app is this, out of curiosity?
>>
>>52769205
Oracle my dude.
>>
How many levels can I take in other classes as an inquisitor without spreading my butter too thin?
>>
>>52769567
They are listening to all the wrong people.
>>
>>52769740
2 and take magical knack
>>
>>52769567
just fucking copy 4e you stupid fucks.
>>
>>52769740
What other classes? Zen Archer 3 Inquisitor X is legit.
>>
>>52769650
What for?
>>
>>52769853
Fighter (Dragoon) because of my inquisition giving the cavalier's mount ability, rogue for sniper and a rogue talent mayhaps, divine hunter paladin for the free precise shot and smite evil, not sure if a monk would even fit the character, ranger because of course always ranger.
>>
>>52768520
>second app that deals with sins of the father
WOAH HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>52769836
That is the 4e mark only it gives enemies a better chance to hit you, desu.
>>
>>52769959
The 4e mark never took a move action to apply, worked on creatures with no intelligence, you could mark multiple targets without forsaking your mark, and it didn't make you easier to hit. They also all came packaged with their own punishment mechanics to make being marked a lose/lose situation.

This only superficially resembles that.
>>
>>52769931
Dragoon, one level. Rogue, don't. Divine Hunter, 2 if you have a positive cha mod, 1 otherwise. Ranger, just go all ranger instead.
>>
What did you name your capital in Kingmaker? Your Kingdom?

Because I've figured out the perfect semi-corny name for the Capital in Blingmaker, assuming I get in.
>>
>>52770052
i never played kingmaker because it is awful
>>
>>52770072

How would you know it's awful if you've never played it?
>>
>>52770072
Speaking from experience I see.
>>
>>52770090
>>52770092

You don't need a cock shoved up your ass to know you don't enjoy it.
>>
>>52770090
I mean, I've played the first part and it's pretty bad. Really needs a GM that makes stuff for players.
>>
>>52770112
I dunno dude, pegging is working out pretty great for me.
>>
File: xboxone.jpg (212KB, 2382x458px) Image search: [Google]
xboxone.jpg
212KB, 2382x458px
>>52770112
>>
>>52770003
But if we gave martial defenders that, they'd actually be good at their fucking jobs and more DMs would feel frustrated and quit!
>>
>>52770003
The debuff value is the same (until scaling) as a 4e mark without any punishes. The punishes were not a part of the marked condition, they were class features that triggered off of said condition. You couldn't multi-mark without a power or class feature that off-action marked.

When you say "make it work like 4e" you mean "make it work like a well optimized Fighter or late period Paladin in 4e," desu.
>>
>>52770125

Get back in the shed, Sven.
>>
>>52770143
No class got a mark unless they could also punish.

What's the point of a mark without a punish?
>>
RAW says that a medium sized creature can't even attempt to fire a large two-handed firearm.
let's say you down a large-sized ogre and his large-sized blunderbuss falls to the ground.
okay, maybe you're too weak and it's too unwieldy to pick up and fire, sure. so you heave-ho and turn it in the general direction of a bunch of goblins.
why can't you pull the trigger?
what reason is there for you to be unable to shoot it?
i understand being unable to swing a sword that's as big as your entire body, but why can't you pull that trigger?
>>
>Because it's been asked repeatedly, I feel the need to make this a general announcement: Yes, monster classes will likely see a few nerfs, but nothing that affects your character now, and probably nothing that will affect your overall build.
>>
>>52770166
>he thinks pegging is the same as getting cucked
>he doesn't get fucked in the ass by his girlfriend
Have an open mind.
>>
>>52770143
>You couldn't multi-mark without a power
Fighter could mark as many times as they attacked.
>>
>Gestalt
>level 4
>Mind Chemist 2/Inquisitor 2 || Disciple of the Pike 4 + VMC Bard
>Int to knowledge twice, 1/2 level to knowledge three times (only twice when not identifying monsters once comes from illumination inquisition), wisdom to knowledge when identifying monsters, character is a dwarf for Breadth of Experience and an additional +2.
>knowledge skills at level 4 are looking to be, when identifying monsters +27 across the board and +22 for everything else.

I plan from this point on going full inquisitor. I am also doing this as a Warpath Inquisitor.

Please someone advice me that this is too stupid and I shouldn't do this.
>>
gestalt question:
if i'm level 5 and one of my gestalt sides is just 5 dips with good will saves do i get to have +10 will save
>>
>>52770248
If you're not using fractional multiclass, yes.
>>
>>52770213
I believe what they mean is 'use effectively' but autistic idiots like you would try and rationalize it anyways, so they just stated "no, you can't" to save GM's the trouble of dealign with people like you.

Paizo at least knows their playerbase that well.
>>
File: 1485286622095.jpg (22KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
1485286622095.jpg
22KB, 500x342px
I'm having a hard time coming up with a personnality/story for my gunslinger, could you guys lend me a hand pretty please? I'm not a very creative person
>>
>>52770362
Race, setting, and archetype.
>>
>>52770213
Tell your GM you're using it as a field gun, so it takes a move action to aim it and a standard one to fire it.
>>
>>52770378
>Human
>Don't know yet
>Musket master
>>
>>52770411

Sounds like a frontiersman (trait for Survival and Knowledge (Nature) and put points in Stealth and Profession (Trapper)) or a trick shooter (Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand and maybe a Perform) or even a retired sharpshooter.
>>
File: 220px-Paris-dumas-monument01.jpg (19KB, 220x297px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Paris-dumas-monument01.jpg
19KB, 220x297px
>>52770411
Hotheaded upstart with a lot to prove.
>>
>>52770265
sorry my bad for wanting to press a button on a hunk of metal
>>
>>52770411
>>52770362
What level?
It's pretty hard to do without the setting details, however. Grab your DM and ask him, because you REALLY ought to find out the setting details BEFORE getting backstory down.
>>
>>52770411
>>52770464

WILLIAM TELL
I
L
L
I
A
M

T
E
L
L
>>
how on earth does a colossal shuriken only deal 1d8 damage
wouldn't something that big and heavy falling on you just squash you outright
>>
>>52770518
There's a lot of questionable realism choices in the game but the answer to most of them is "don't"
>>
>>52765759
Well when you've got so damn much of the stuff on your hard drive, why not share some whenever you get a little bored?
>>
>>52770538
I'm calling the feds you degenerate.
>>
>>52770549
>>
>>52770549

Do you have porn for them too?
>>
i find it funny that an average level PC has so much wealth that he could build a house entirely out of copper pieces
>>
>>52770518
Shuriken are actually pretty bad throwing implements; they were mostly used to hit the target with poison or the like. Even huge ones weren't likely to go through much.
>>
>>52770625
wouldnt a colossal shuriken be the size of a minivan
you'd inflict more damage just dropping it than actually making an attack with it
>>
>>52770645
You watch too much animu kiddo.
>>
>>52770601
R I P

>>52770625
Colossal Shuriken would be heavy enough to simply detonate the organs of anyone they so much as scratched due to their raw kinetic energy. If a Colossal Shuriken weighed 500 kilograms and moved proportionally to its size then it'd be able to take down apartment complexes with contemptouos ease.
>>
I'll have my first game of Pathfinder in a few days.

I already decided to create a Grippli Alchemist (I'm a sucker for anything reptilian/amphibian and poison), do you have any helpful advice for an absolutely new player?
>>
>>52770486
Level 1
>>
>>52770605

Yeah, but you're probably die horribly the first time a thunderstorm hits.
>>
>>52770698

First, what level are you starting at, and is there anything you'd especially want to be able to do?
>>
>>52770518
It's going through 4 size increases or a multiplication in size of 16. A shuriken normally weighs 0.1 pounds and is probably an inch in radius. Now it's 16 inches in radius, about the length of a sword. Swords don't fly very well. You're throwing a very un-aerodynamic sheet of metal.

>>52770645
Minivans are like 14-20 feet long. Is your shuriken a foot long to start with?
>>52770684
Even if you multiplied it by 8 for each size doubling, which you don't, since weapons double by RAW, it'd only weigh 400 pounds.
>>
Who is the spiciest boy in your group, and why is he spicy?
>>
>>52764130
Rime spell

>This feat only affects spells with the cold descriptor.
This implies that you can prepare any spell like this (say a fireball), then admixture it to cold and have all those baddies get entangled (no save, three rounds), preferably in a surprise round so when they roll initiative they get -2 from entangled.
Once you have a spell perfection why not add heighten spell, so they're entangled for up to 8 or 9 (magical lineage) rounds.
Is that the gist of it?
>>
>>52770737
Doesn't mean that makes physical sense m8, since it's now made of like, water or something.
>>
New Thread

>>52770852
>>52770852
>>52770852
>>52770852
>>52770852
>>52770852
>>
>>52770698

We start at level 1.

I'm not really sure.. I liked the idea of poison bombs, but I'm a total noob as I said.

What are my options, what could I do?
>>
>>52770702
At level, 1 you signed up for the army and went through basic training. You can't do shit-all else.
>>
>>52770994
We would suggest providing info like setting, what sources the GM is allowing and number traits allowed would help!
>>
>>52771566

I honestly don't know.
I guess it will be rather basic, we start at level 1 and our GM creates his own setting for us.

I guess I have to ask again when we actually started, i thought there are general advice people can give me like in a game.
>>
What does "Caster Level Check" Mean and when does it come into play?

I am playing with friends on roll 20 and on every spell I cast it automatically rolls that and none of us known when its used.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.