[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ - Total Eclipse edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 392
Thread images: 92

File: EclipseHangsOminouslyInSpace-FoC.jpg (127KB, 1152x832px) Image search: [Google]
EclipseHangsOminouslyInSpace-FoC.jpg
127KB, 1152x832px
Previous thread: >>52729947

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

Why was the Eclipse so underused?
>>
File: executor.jpg (172KB, 1165x685px) Image search: [Google]
executor.jpg
172KB, 1165x685px
>>52761440
>>52763970
>>52764081

For reference, in Age of Rebellion fighting an Imperial I class ISD is suicidal unless you have an MC80 somehow on your side, and then it's still a difficult fight you're more likely to lose than win. If you have anything less, don't even try fighting one unless you outnumber it 12 to 1.

Then an Executor class super star destroyer is equivalent to well over a dozen Imperial II class star destroyers, which are significantly more powerful than the Imperial I class., and the Executor itself is still stronger than them.

Then for reference know that at the Battle of Endor, the only reason that one of the Executor's multiple backup command bridges didn't go into action is because they were taken by surprise and faced technical issues while performing wargame maneuvers, and couldn't take over. Under normal circumstances, the A Wing that crashed into its main bridge wouldn't have hurt it much at all.

Then take into account that the Rebel fleet outnumbered the Imperial fleet at Endor and had to concentrate all fire on the Executor just to bring its shields down. It had numerous layers of extremely durable armor that could resist conventional turbolaser bombardment unless it was hit in large numbers.

Then take into reference that in one-to-one battles the Executor was shown vaporizing MC80s, the Alliance's best ships, in seconds. Seconds.

Then take it into account that at the time of Hoth no conventional warships in the galaxy could compare to an Imperial II or MC80. Then remember the Executor dwarfed both of those astronomically.

What's all this mean? You won't win. You and the entire army you hire will die very quick deaths. If you bring a truly massive, overwhelming army and fight the Executor on its own, you will have maybe five extra minutes before you and the entire army die very quick deaths.

It's not a suicide mission, it's suicide.
>>
Are there any rates for how quickly the empire could produce fighters? That is to say, how fast does an average factory work once it's up and running? Does it pump out a hundred fighters a week? A month? A thousand?
>>
>>52764210
Even if you miraculously (and miraculously is an understatement) got into the Executor, you'd still have to deal with many thousands of stormtroopers, crew, and officers. There's no chance at all.
>>
>>52764210
The good news is that the group doesn't need to destroy it. They just need to get on board.

The way they figure it, Vader wants a duel with the last Jedi (this farmboy kid) and he's /definitely/ luring said Jedi into a trap. It's got trap written all over it in 50' high letters.

They figure that, given the chance, Vader plans to capture the kid, bring him to some audience room, and fight it out properly. All spooky lights and torches and glowing red lamps. And there will be an epic showdown.

Being good PCs (run by players who have been in my games before, and think that I'm some sort of Machiavellian supervillain), the party is going to walk into the trap. But they're doing it on their terms.

That means that Vader's not getting his epic showdown. He's getting a chaotic melee. And he's not getting brooding mood music. He's getting battle damage.

The PCs aren't trying to kill the Executor. They aren't even trying to hurt it, at least not severely. They're trying to catch Vader by surprise with a move so bold he won't be able to counter in time. The more distractions, counter-distractions, and moving parts.

At least, that's their plan, I think.
>>
>>52764317
That is an excellent summary of a potential plan.

>>52764466
Again, the goal isn't to take the ship. It's to take Vader. Even if there's no escape.

Plus, the way they figure it, Vader would /want/ to leave a path for the Last Jedi to find him. Maybe even a conveniently unguarded hangar bay or something.

What he won't be expecting is the scum of the galaxy and all their toys and tricks following the farmboy in, causing as much havoc as possible, while their friends cause havoc outside. Dressed in Imperial uniforms, a small team could make it quite far inside the ship. After all, like you said, the crew is in the thousands, and they all dress alike.
>>
>>52764479
see >>52764466

Okay, so Vader lures them into a trap. That could work. It's be obvious as all hell, since the players will somehow make it aboard the galaxy's most powerful ship without much trouble, it'll seem even weirder when they get aboard and find no resistance until they get to Vader, and even if they kill Vader or take him down, they'll still be facing around 38,000 stormtroopers, which was the standard troop completent of the Executor line, and have 250,000 crewmen who are also capable of fighting. If Vader dies, no one's left to stop them from killing the players, and they would most certainly kill the players. Palpatine couldn't fucking survive those odds, and a farmboy Jedi definitely won't. That's also assuming Vader loses to begin with.
>>
File: tumblr_o6ofx1aQFi1sf0yzto2_1280.jpg (136KB, 672x925px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6ofx1aQFi1sf0yzto2_1280.jpg
136KB, 672x925px
>>52764527
>they'll still be facing around 38,000 stormtroopers, which was the standard troop completent of the Executor line, and have 250,000 crewmen who are also capable of fighting. [...] they would most certainly kill the players.

Correct. It's a one-way trip. The plan's first stages are so ludicrously unlikely to work, so dangerous, and so foolish that planning an escape is a waste of time. The PCs have been saying that they'll "figure it out once Vader is dead", but it's a hollow lie.

But still, if it works...
>>
>>52764523
I don't think you realize how powerful an Executor is, and if you're going with the Death Squadron thing, it also has help. You'll need more than some freighters and dreadnoughts to take down an Executor alone, and with help, way more. Plus, what's going to make everyone suddenly and unanimously decide to contribute forces to attack the Empire? If the Hutts made open war with the Empire, a few thousand star destroyers would burn Nal Hutta to cinder and make the Hutt Cartels a minor footnote in galactic history. If the Banking Clan, which was under huge restrictions by the Empire anyway, attacked them, all their credits would be gone, which wouldn't be a concern anyway if they're dead or sentenced to life's labor in a spice mine. The Alliance? They don't even have a real navy by Hoth. Their whole fleet combined couldn't have beaten the Executor on its own at that point. It was a handful of capital ships with numerous weaker support ships, support ships that couldn't even dent the Executor. Blame the Rebels for using quantity over quality when it came to their naval antics.

I'm not trying to neg your game idea or rain on your parade, but if you're trying to reason this attack to be feasible, it just isn't going to be.
>>
>>52764565

Do they really wanna end their story that quickly?
>>
>>52764605
12-14 sessions is pretty good for a self-contained game, so yeah, sure, that will work.

Unless they come up with a better plan. Who knows?

>>52764585
Nobody's contributing forces, in that version of the plan. The PCs piss everyone - really, truly everyone - off, and get them to dispatch their punitive "fuck those guys up" fleets.

The PCs then lure those fleets into the heart of the Imperial fleet, with its dedicated Interdictors, and start a firefight. It's fight your way out or through, or die. And that's all the distraction they need to get on with the plan.

The Executor doesn't have to take a single scratch. it just has to be busy. Whether it's busy negotiating the surrender of a Banking Clan frigate or dealing with a small flotilla of Rebel agitators mixed into the fleet, or merely busy trying to turn in under six hours, it ought to keep most eyes looking out, and not in.
>>
>>52764673
That's...

that's actually really clever, actually.
>>
File: andres-parada-vader-3-small.jpg (809KB, 1600x1920px) Image search: [Google]
andres-parada-vader-3-small.jpg
809KB, 1600x1920px
>>52764691
It's a decent plan.

It might be hours before anyone even realizes Lord Vader is dead. After all, he did ask not to be disturbed while he prepared a "special reception".

This brings up another good point. How many people know what Vader's really like?

Big scary dude in armour? Breathes in and out. Has a booming voice. Sometimes chokes people using magic.

Once the Emperor shows up, the "Weekend at Skywalker's" routine is going to fall apart, but until then, the PCs could potentially cause all kinds of havoc.
>>
>>52764729
If they do kill Vader, there's not much else they can do. As soon as an officer finds out Vader is dead and that those people he ordered the crew to not attack are now fair game, the players have literally no possible way of escaping or fighting their way out.
>>
>>52764852
Right, so... what if nobody needs to find out Vader is dead?

The party has a protocol droid, after all. A tall one. One that could fit into a suit of black armour and imitate a voice.

It might buy them enough time to get to a shuttle. Might. And even if it doesn't, what Imperial officer is going to /immediately/ assume that the invincible Lord Vader somehow died and was replaced while they were dealing with this whole "accidental armada" problem?
>>
>>52764479
I don't understand the picture.
>>
>>52764899

Keep in mind being the people who killed Darth Vader and burned all their bridges is a death sentence in and of itself.

Sheev will be fucking pissed beyond belief and you'll get inquisitors out the ass. Whatever poor evil bastard has the Executor after that will probably have murdering them as his very first assignment.

The rebels won't want that kind of heat on themselves for these assholes and it'll buy their fleet some time to regroup. Death Squadron will probably take a few weeks of to repair and while the new boss familiarizes himself with his new station.

Do you have any idea who'd get that posting? Being the new Vader in any sense of the term is a big job and I doubt Sheev would get anyone who either already has a SSD or is slated to get one a second.

My money is on Declann for what it's worth. He checks most of the same boxes Vader does, except Sheev already controls his son.
>>
File: tanoo-choorat-vader-02.jpg (242KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
tanoo-choorat-vader-02.jpg
242KB, 1200x1800px
>>52765002
What if the title was "critical hit"? Or possibly "critical failure"?

Those laser sticks are dangerous.
>>
>>52765021
Grand Admiral Thrawn
>>
File: 459f321d77a4258e64445b632781c2e6.jpg (214KB, 1316x1600px) Image search: [Google]
459f321d77a4258e64445b632781c2e6.jpg
214KB, 1316x1600px
>>52765021
>Keep in mind being the people who killed Darth Vader and burned all their bridges is a death sentence in and of itself.

There probably isn't a word for what will be coming after them.

Only problem is, Sheev's a mad old space wizard, who upon seeing his pet monster fall, might immediately decided to go the route of corruption rather than vengeance. /Clearly/ he just had the wrong Skywalker...

>The rebels won't want that kind of heat on themselves for these assholes

Hadn't thought of that. They might be able to cut a secret deal (assuming survival, which is ludicrously unlikely) to take heat off the Rebels.

>Do you have any idea who'd get that posting?

Not familiar enough with the EU to even attempt a "canon" guess, but whoever it is, they'll be nervous.
>>
File: 1254114227972.jpg (1016KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1254114227972.jpg
1016KB, 2560x1600px
>>52765054
Oh. Oh right.

Oh dear. Hadn't thought of that.

But that might actually be beneficial. Thrawn would be smart enough to see the crazy space wizard writing on the wall and possibly attempt a realignment, given the right circumstances.
>>
>>52765054

Isn't Thrawn in the unknown regions?
>>
>>52765119
Quite possibly, in Canon.

But in this game, who knows? Considering how far we've left canon behind, I'm not even slightly worried about it... should it ever come up.
>>
File: RaithSienar1.jpg (30KB, 227x335px) Image search: [Google]
RaithSienar1.jpg
30KB, 227x335px
>>52764210
>That time the PC's loaded up a bulk freighter with detonite, spice and twilek hookers
>>
File: never change tg (2).png (60KB, 627x165px) Image search: [Google]
never change tg (2).png
60KB, 627x165px
>>52765184
Otherwise know as "Tuesday".
>>
>>52765119

Hit reply too early.

Depending on place in the timeline one of the other dozen is probably more likely. Declann for the aforementioned reasons. Grant would probably get it if Sheev wants political maneuvering and a larger occupying force in the Tapani sector, but that'd mostly be a specific thing. Zaarin might be fun, so when he turns sides and fucks Sheev over it hurts even more. Teshik would probably get passed over since the cyborg bastard is in the shitter with everyone. Tigellinus would probably also get passed over since he's a power grubbing bastard and Sheev wouldn't want someone who could challenge the rest of the empire so blatantly by having two Grand titles and a Super. Pitta seems crazy even by imperial standards so Sheev probably wouldn't go that far. Syn would probably be a good sycopant but not much else, though his devotion to the dark side would be convenient for manipulation, even if he can't use it himself. Ishin would probably be another favorite if only because he replaces martial power with raw bloodlust. Makati would probably be on the same list if slightly more even handed, since he knows not to question dark siders. Batch has the experience with superweapons so he'd probably be high on the list. Grugner would just be another sycopant.

I think Zaarin would probably be most interesting, since having that vast a fleet and that much raw firepower means he can probably fuck with the empire worse than the rebels, and would provide the PC's an "out". He'd probably give them an offer of "serve me or die" then send them off to fight any other would be Vaders.

Ishin would be most viable as an antagonist since he's bloody enough to probably make a mistake with raw firepower and give them an out that way.

But it's your game, that's just my assessment. It could be another admiral being promoted above the dirty dozen, in some crazy imperial political game. It could be a grand general. It could be an inquisitor or ISB type.
>>
>>52765119
Hopefully running the Empire of the Hand as Zahn intends instead of dead in Rebels.
>>
File: Space Penis.jpg (315KB, 1535x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Space Penis.jpg
315KB, 1535x1150px
>>52765194
Yeah, I kind of hope one day they'd surprise me with a ship full of angry, overly stimulated rancors they tractored into a ships hold or become very ambitious by unleashing weaponized space slugs with jet packs and hyperdrives strapped to them
{spoiler]Today is not that day[/spoiler]
{spoiler]Tomorrow doesn't look good either[/spoiler]
>>
Could someone clarify for me, in AoR Core, the number of weapons on the Interdictor-class heavy cruiser is 10, right? And in that description, the second time it says Forward and Port in the firing arc, it means Forward and Starboard, right? The weapons section is the visual equivalent of cholera in terms of how it's sorted.
>>
>>52765229
In all honesty, it'd probably be Piett. He was already Admiral and right hand to Vader, so he'd probably be next in line.

Plus, he's level-headed, cool under pressure, and a very competent admiral, actually immune to the political bullshit that some officers got caught up in. He's just a dude who happens to be a really good naval leader, and if Vader died he probably wouldn't mind taking it upon himself to enact vengeance.
>>
So, that happened last night.
I almost oneshoted an enemy "tank" with a force move (str upgrade x2 and 20 dmg left poor guy with a couple of hitpoints). And now my GM wants somehow to nerf it. What to do?
>>
>>52765184
Speaking of Sienar, could there be a Tony Stark-style comeback story in the Nu-Canon where after Jakku Raith Sienar's company is basically torn apart because of the New Republic's anti-Imperial laws, he's left with no money and has to start from scratch to rebuild.

After escaping from a radical Resistance cell that wants him to rebuild the TIE Advanced for their use
>>
>>52766173
>IN AN ASTEROID FIELD, WITH A CANISTER OF SCRAPS
>>
File: The Last Joker.jpg (102KB, 952x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The Last Joker.jpg
102KB, 952x1200px
Just followed Mark Hamill on twitter and man does he seem like a cool dude. His retweet of this was the first thing i saw in my feed today
>>
>>52764210
>don't even try fighting one unless you outnumber it 12 to 1.

There are 12 x-wings in a squadron.
I dont see the problem here.
>>
>>52765858

He let you play a jedi.
He should have expected this.
>>
>>52765858
Lucky with dice or did you invest a lot of experience? Gms gotta learn that the dice are fickle, and that PCs get strong enough to wreck individual enemies pretty quickly if they go all out towards combat
>>
>>52765858
>>52767200

Pretty much this.
I can throw a full blown nemesis at my players, fully decked out with great gear, and they'll rek his shit quite happily unless I go ham and give him personal shields or an AT-ST.
Which just feels like I'm punishing them, honestly.

The system is incredibly deadly to enemies. That said, it's pretty deadly to players, too. Just have to get the shot off first.
>>
>>52764479
>>52764523
And what, precisely makes these utter mongoloids think they actually could kill Vader when they get there, IF they get there?
>>
Do y'all watch Robot Chicken? If so, in RCSW3, during the Sheev narrated bits with Baba O'Riley playing in the background, is that a reference to something?
>>
>>52766874
I watched the 2016 star wars celebration / 1 hour with MH the other day. Yeah, he's pretty cool.
>>
>>52767200
I have ~100 spent exp. Combined with starting exp, i've almost reached FR2 and have hurl, strx2, manipulate, strip weapon, range upgrades. I've also have some talents in main spec and leveled skills.
>>
Alright SWG, question for you concerning Imperial Inquisitors.

In the EotE game I'm running the group just landed themselves on The Shit List and have an Inquisitor on their tail. He's going to make an appearance "soon," just as soon as one or two more events take place in game, but I'm somewhat stumped on how to handle the encounter. How have you all handled the Inquisiton in the past? Suddenly Inquisitor roll initive?
>>
>>52768342
How Ezra & Kanan run into the Grand Inquisitior works pretty well. Have the party working towards and objective only to have them realize it's a trap. Then have the Inky stroll in exhuding snark and confidence.
>>
>>52764403
You'll have a problem with how all imperial stuff is super modular. We could use the tie fighter factory in the force unleashed as a guide, which looked to be doing one every few minutes, but in my opinion, it is very likely that factory is receiving large components in bulk and putting them together, maybe even just spheres and wings. I doubt the empire has any factories that are simply raw resources in, finished product out, bar the world devastators.
That opinion is probably headcanon, or at least legends, based on reading somewhere that an old excuse for the death star port was using modular ground base parts.
So I'd say as fast or slow as you want, just adjust the input resources to more or less refined if you want faster or slower. If you're basically just taking a few parts and welding them together, every few minutes. If it's raw durasteel or even ore going in, days maybe even weeks.
Alternatively look at the production rates of a car assembly line, and multiply that by a galaxy.
>>
>>52767895
You may have done something wrong then... if you're only fr1, was then enemy next to you when you hit him with the move? Cus you need a pip for the power itself, then one for the strength upgrades, then one for range...
>>
Anyone else read the new Thrawn book yet? I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. Zahn's continual purity-sueing of Thrawn is starting to get on my nerves, and Heir to the Empire was what got me into Star Wars in a seriosu way in the first place. But now he's not even really exiled, and he's even more of a goody-two shoes than before. Hell, they even retconned out that statement in Rebels that he was responsible for mass civilian deaths and is okay with it. I wanted the affable evil bastard back, dammit.
>>
File: 17467316696_f84ccfcd68_b.jpg (162KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
17467316696_f84ccfcd68_b.jpg
162KB, 683x1024px
>>52766173
On the off chance that's a thing, I looked on the internet... and then there's this glorious, shameless bastard running around in public.
>>
>>52768758
good that line got on my nerves too
>>
>>52767895
Yeah, anon >>52768674 is right
At 100 exp its impossible to use that much. You might have both goofed
>>
>We might not know much about TLJ yet but I can safely say it's the future of Star Wars, and a bright, progressive one at that. Rey, a bold and strong female lead, meets Luke - the titular Last Jedi - so that the Force won't die. It's a metaphorical passing of the torch. The Jedi - conservative, loveless, repressed men - are dead. A new, diverse order rules.
>>
>>52764115
So I want to stay out the BBEG that's somewhere between an Inquisitor and Vader in terms of power level (a little closer to inquisitor). Would 750XP be good? It's FFG's Force and Destiny rules
>>
>>52769535
>What we're seeing is like poetry, it rhymes. In the old Jedi Order men and women fought as equals, but Anakin Skywalker ruined the ideal with Order 66. A Skywalker killed the Jedi dream and now a Skywalker forms the brighter future. It's like poetry. It rhymes.
>>
>>52769535
>>52769592
Wow, I hate Star Wars now
>>
File: skippy hologram.jpg (79KB, 519x379px) Image search: [Google]
skippy hologram.jpg
79KB, 519x379px
>>52769535
>Diverse
>Heir to the NJO is another goddamn human
>Main cast also still mostly human
Goddamn humies. Where's muh Jedi droid? Where are my Ewok fighter pilots and Gamorrean math prodigies?
>>
>>52769535
>>52769592
>>52769651
Just in case anything happens with the NorKs, China, or Russia, I just want to say you wasted your lives
>>
>>52769592
>I see online a lot of Empire apologists, they're generally alt-right manbabies frustrated that there's homosexuals and women in their secret club. I pity them because they're not able to read the most basic good versus evil narrative - the Empire are evil, and evil is the Empire. The Death Star, Stormtroopers, the Dark Side - evil fits the Empire like a glove. The Glove of Darth Vader.
>>
>>52769535
>>52769755
>>52769592
Who is writing this stuff?
>>
>>52769834

Well with the last reference to the Glove of Darth Vader, im pretty sure this is just tippity top shitposting, anon dearest
>>
>>52769834
A fellow who does an excellent Chuck Wingdings impression
>>
File: 20170418_133552.jpg (427KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170418_133552.jpg
427KB, 3264x1836px
Just bought pic related for five dollars. Is it any good? Minis are 6/10 (I'm used to GW models quality) but the game itself seems to be packed as fuck. Not sure if I should sell it or stick with it.
>>
>>52770070
For 5 bucks? That's a steal and a half mate.
I haven't played it but i really want to. I've heard a lot of good about it.

Here's a pretty good vid on how it's played
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj7SyVgbcIw
>>
>>52767634
My thoughts exactly. Let them fight. Just remember to kill 1d4-1 to a minimum of 1 PCs a turn.
>>
>>52769755
>The Glove of Darth Vader.

Who wrote this, Tricolus?
>>
>>52770070
Where the fuck for 5 bucks? Its 100 new, been hunting for a sale
>>
>>52770334
Site with local deals in neighbouring city. It was new and unopened but box was smashed. Luckily only one drone was ripped of its base
>>
Bit of a random question here
Star Wars obviously draws rather a lot from the second world war, and I was wondering how many of you guys had grandparents or other relatives who were in the war, like if it'd be higher than the average
>>
>>52769549
Bump?
>>
>>52770462
Grandad on mom's side almost dragged Sweden into a shooting war with the nazis. Does that count?
>>
>>52770529
Oh, now you've gotta share that story. Can't just say that shit and not follow up.
>>
>>52770462
Grandfather and grandmother on my dad's side.
He was an allied soldier and she was an axis nurse.
It's quite hollywood really.
>>
>>52770463
If you've want "very dangerous" as opposed to an inquisitor's "moderately dangerous", 750-800XP would be about right. But if you actually want half-way to Vader you're looking at probably like 1.5K. Vader is apocalyptically dangerous, like a 2k-2.5k build on the low end
>>
>>52770462
My grandfather was the youngest of his six brothers. All seven fought in Patton's army.
Granddad got to the war later than the other six and fought in the invasion of Sicily, since he spoke the language, having immigrated to the US only ~12 years earlier. Most of the brothers went on to meet up somewhere in France, then my grandfather went on to fight at the Bulge and liberate at least one concentration camp. Don't know much else other than they all made it back home without so much as a scratch between them.
Granddad had a story about how he got shammed out of a Luger off of a Nazi he killed, but he got to bring home a cz38, so I have that now and it's pretty cool, but it's not a Luger.
Granddad was an infantry Browning 1919 gunner, btw.
>>
>>52770462
Grandfather on my dad's side was RAF, spent the war dropping cargo out of planes to various sneaky gits in Europe, mostly Norway, and on my mum's side virtually the entire family including 4/5 of my great-great uncles (having killed the fifth before the war) were wiped out by the soviets.
I'm probably from about the youngest generation where people actually remember those grandparents, though.
It's weird to think that nearly every kid my youngest brother's age doesn't have any living memory of the war and even most my age don't
>>
>>52770462
Welp, Grand-grand father fought for Kriegsmarine and grandfather was a Heer Hauptmann IIRC
>>
>>52770462

All of my grand-grandparents took part one way or another. Grand-grandfather was in recon unit, grand-grandmother lived on nazi-occupied territory and was also a partisan.
I remeber how she said that imperial officers looked like nazis once.
>>
>>52769755
>>52769834
>>52769857
Fake or real, I wouldn't be surprised if it were an actual quotation from someone working for the S(JW)torygroup, after the shit Wendig and the Essential Guides guy pulled that Disney was totally a-okay with.
>>
>>52769755
>Empire apologists frustrated there's women in their secret club
>Empire had, and now again thanks to EA Battlefront 2 has, women
>>
>>52770462
Opa on my mom's side was training to be a mechanic, got drafted into fighting on the eastern front and bailed, got captured, escaped, got re-drafted, and bailed again.

My mom's uncle was pretty young but worked as a courier for Polish partisans.

On my dad's side, his dad was RCAF and flew with Buzz Beurling over Malta. His great uncle survived Juno beach but died a few days later.
>>
>>52770768
>mfw playing an Asian female stormtrooper captain in Battlefront
>>
>>52770656
Cont. My other grandfather was infantry in Tunisia during WWII. I have one letter he wrote back to his mother detailing the enemy bodies piled knee-high on either side of the roads after a battle.
Flash forward to the 80's and my uncle (son of the granddad that fought in Europe) is stationed in West Germany. He took his LT's jeep out for a joyride and accidentally crossed the border into East Germany, got caught, told them he was a Warrant Officer to shut the interrogators up (he was really a cpl). It's a funny story.
>>
File: 1361473808115.png (292KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1361473808115.png
292KB, 800x800px
>tfw want to run a campaign about hot-shot rebel fighter pilots and commandos, ala Wraith Squadron
>tfw fighter combat in AoR kind of donks, and the party would all have to be relatively the same because there aren't a whole lot of different things you can do in a cockpit
>>
So Jawas.

Do they have some sort of mask with lenses in it that makes their eyes glow or is it just pure shadow from the hoods and that their actual eyes are glowing? I seem to find both in pictures on google, though to me the first part seems more logical.
>>
>>52770983
Play WEG d6 instead.
Every pilot can invest into piloting and still have points to specialize in something else.
>>
>>52770983

>pilots and commandos
>it'd be the same since you cant do much in cockpits

You literally just said you wanted to Wraith Squadron.
Who spend 50% of their books engaging in ground based shenanigans.

Go with one of the SWG fixes for space combat from the op post, and then just have them all be pilots who are also x or y.

Plus, there's all sorts of stuff you can do to make space more interesting for that if you want them to have unique stuff in space.

Things like Jesmin was better able to monitor comms, or Grinder could hack shit from his cockpit.
Sure, Tyria couldnt do much 'extra' from her cockpit, since her skills really lay in the stealth intrusion, but not everyone is going to have stuff that works.
That said, they dont have to - they'll all have different demeanors which will change how they work in space dramatically from one another.
>>
>>52770999
In old canon, they had glowing eyes. In nucanon, nobody really cares enough to explain shit like that.
>>
>>52770999
Jaws are rodent like with glowing eyes
>>
Are the Rakata no longer considered canon?
>>
>>52770462
Grandfather on dad's side never deployed overseas, he was 1939-45 in Darwin getting bombed and was placed as a mechanic, which is somewhat ironic as he was probably the dodgiest mechanic any of us ever knew. Great cook and baker- couldn't fix anything with an engine.
Grandfather on mum's side was 1941-45 as a Pioneer and section gunner fighting the Japanese all through PNG, Solomon Is, Bougainville and Timor. Basically spent either half of that being shot at, chasing Japs through horrible conditions or nearly dying several times from scrub typhus and malaria- through some twist of fate having both at the same time seemed to counteract the other.
Grandmother on mum's side was a nurse from 41-45, she worked mostly either out of Brisbane, Townsville and Cairns. Very tough old lady, though I kind of feared her doing anything medical to me as a kid, old timey "it'll fucking kill you or you'll get better" medicine is scary shit.

Out of the parents generation (including all uncles and aunts on both sides), avoided having anything to do with the military, so me joining up was considered 'extremely aberrant' and really only had the support of grandparents when I did.
>>
>>52771119
The species itself is still in the Legends bin, though the name "Rakata Prime" has made it back into nucanon as a planet.
>>
>>52771053
Fair points, I'm considering giving the players each a small budget to customize their fighters to give them a bit more flavour.

>Jesmin
>Grinder

I forgot how hard that series hit me in the feels
>>
>>52770666
>Polish Satan detected
>>
File: hohass ekwesh.gif (4MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hohass ekwesh.gif
4MB, 400x400px
>>52771241
You forgot Runt.
>>
>>52770540
Grandad was stationed at a AA battery in the far north of sweden at the time when the nazis sent aid to the finns to stop the ruskies.

To set the stage it was a something like a week after a ruskie bomber accidentally dropped bombs over a stockholm suburb. That event set the entire swedish military on edge and cause every AA emplacement to go on standing orders to down any and all unrecognized aircraft heading for swedish territory, as they were fearing that the bombing was a precursor to a larger invasion

Que one morning when grandad is rotated in on gunner duty on the battery, as the primary gunner was sick. Around midday he spots a aircraft coming in from finland on course for swedish territory, and as he couldn't identify it he began to zero in the gun on it and was about to pull the trigger when one of the spotters ran up to him, shouted for him to hold fire and pulled him bodily off the gun .

The spotter had at the last second identified the aircraft as a nazi transport plane (junkers trimotor if i recall what grandad told me correctly). Much later grandad spoke to some german officers heading up to narvik by train and learned that none other than Herman Göring himself had been aboard that airplane.

Had my Grandad fired he might have brought the plane down and killed one of Hitlers closest staff members, which would probably have drawn sweden into the war.
>>
>>52771293
... I had until now

Sleep easy, gentle horse guy
>>
>>52770070
That's a steal, dude. It's harder to find a group, but the game is solid. Quick to play, easy to learn once you figure out the weird dice, and good as either campaign or skirmish.
>>
>>52770983
Start them off with extra XP like knight-level F&D, so that they can buy stuff for both roles
>>52771256
Satan yes, polish no. Scottish-German Canadian and West Ukrainian respectively
>>
>>52771241

Yeah. Exactly.
Maybe they forever rest in peace.

But yeah. Shit like that could work.
The slicer can slice - though perhaps with setbacks unless he invests into customising his shipboard computer interfaces.
The comms specialist can get into enemy comms, the demolitions specialist might find a way to tweak the damage of his proton torps.
The commander might engage in strategy and give out bonuses to the group whilst flying.
The mechanic has fine-tuned ALL the ships, but his has been modified the most.

Just gotta be creative. Or, more to the point, your party have got to be creative.
I mean shit, look what Kell, Runt and was it Blue 9 and 10(?) did to Implacable with nothing other than bad acting and old encryption codes.
>>
>>52771517
>Just gotta be creative. Or, more to the point, your party have got to be creative.
Yeah the entire Wraith Squadron was essentially a string of PCs thinking outside the box to overcome odds that were so stacked against them even a crooked bookie wouldn't touch 'em
>>
>>52771584

Gotta love em.
>>
>>52771517

FFG actually has really good support for that - the underlying ships may be a bit weird, but X-Wings and most fighter have like 1 Hardpoint (and with the right talents a good mechanic specialist might make more). And there are several 0 points modifications.

So a slicer might put a Slicing Computer and an Encrypted Computer on a ship - and your sensors specialist might put an ECCM unit, or increase their comms/sensor bands, etc. Even so, there's quite a bit of flexibility in ship actions as is. Which of course also means they're not spending actions dogfighting, of course.
>>
>>52768674
Wait. I was at the close range with the target as well as an object thrown. The power itself states that you activate it and move a silh. 0 thing within a close range. Or am I not right?
>>
File: f-15 aggressor colors.jpg (64KB, 1024x517px) Image search: [Google]
f-15 aggressor colors.jpg
64KB, 1024x517px
What starfighters would Imps use for aggressor squadrons in non-sim training? Interceptors would obviously be A-wing equivalents. Milsurp Clone-era Ys would probably be kept for fighting Y-wings. Would Gunboats stand in for Xs or Bs?
>>
>>52771906

I mean, simulators are really advanced, so they probably do most training in them (as even seen in Rebels) but yeah, the Xg-1 is a shielded strike/attack fighter so it probably has a mission profile and difficulty similar to the rebel's multirole shit.
>>
>>52771906
ARC-170's and V-19 Torrent's would probably work ok and likely easy enough to find
>>
>>52771906
Milsurp Clone Z-95s as Rebel Z-95s
Souped-up Clone Zs or ARCs as pseudo Xs
TIE Punishers as B-Wings
>>
>>52771906
I could see them using gunboats, yeah. They might well also refit a few old clone Z frames to as close to X-wing specs as they can to play Xs in OpFor
>>
>>52770462
Paternal grandfather got caught in the thick of the Battle of the Bulge and came home with massive PTSD judging by his altered temperament, maternal grandparents were both workers on the Manhattan Project.

I never talked to any of them about it, but they left enough journals and relatives with stories behind to get a general idea of what they were involved in. The Ardennes Counteroffensive was a real fucking nightmare judging by my grandfather's descriptions of the spiteful throat-cutting the Germans and Americans carried out on each other's camps under the cover of night.
>>
>>52771295
That's bullshit, but I would love to believe it, anon.
>>
>>52766173
Fuck you for making me want to see Raith Sienar even fucking more.
>>
>>52772037
I can see them use stripped down arcs or even old Vulture droids to simulate X-wings
>>
>>52764210
If you really wanted a textbook underdog fighting SSD example just read up on The Bacta War. Wedge and his forces did it though admittedly he was fighting a lone SSD that had ditched most of its fighter contingent.
>>
>>52773803

And either the defeat of the Lusankya can be credited to "use more torpedoes" and "isolate the target" or the much more complex "work an entire campaign of logistical and psychological warfare on the enemy contingent to waste their resources and morale in every possible way before engaging the target when the mental and physical conditions precisely most benefit you".
>>
>>52764115
Is there another calendar system besides BBY to use?
>>
>>52774135

The wook has a couple listed.
I just go by Imperial Calendar which is 'years before or after the founding of the empire'
>>
>>52774422
Awesome, thank you. That's what I've been using as well.
>>
>>52771850
You are fine actually, was not expecting you to have been at close range. Most claims of force OPness come from misusing upgrades. You're fine and you're gm is silly. For what you've invested you can sometimes do alot of damage without pen if you hit. Someone equally invested in combat skills could be rolling 4 yellow a green and some blue likely critting every round.
You will get OP later if you choose, but that comes at the expense of investing in anything else. Better to spread out.
>>
I'm going to toss in a planet in my EotE game which has fallen for one of the Classical Blunders of War. No, not the "land war in asia" one, but the "Plan for the War you will fight, not the War you fought" one.
Their backstory is that the Separatists occupied the planet during the Outer Rim sieges of the Clone War, with the republic making a few half-hearted attempts to dislodge them and the Separatist doing almost more damage to the general populous than the enemy during the fighting.

After the Clone War the Empire bugged out, since it was deemed that it wasn't strategically, nor economically, important enough to garrison. This mean that the planet couldn't rely on Imperial help should any Seppie stragglers or other malcontents show up. So they got to work and made like France in 1920s and 30s: prepared to refight war they fought, not the one they would be fighting.

I've figured out this would mean overlapping jammer fields and huge-ass shielded lines/fortifications riddled with Ion and EMP weapons, but what else would they do?
>>
D&D is straight homosexual, country music, special Olympic gay
>>
>>52774766
You're in the Star Wars general, you fag
>>
>>52764115
I have a question about quad-striker lists.

I'm debating buying a second pair of Strikers to be able to run 4 PS 4 strikers with Predator and LWF.

One thing that is making me not want to is the fact that I realized that I wouldn't fly 4 Sabre Squadrons with Push and Autos, and that's a 104 point list.

Is 4 Predator+LWF Black Squadron Scouts a potentially viable list? Or am I being retarded?
>>
>>52774766
You're in a Star Wars thread on /tg/
>>
File: 1491088943584.gif (37KB, 381x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491088943584.gif
37KB, 381x200px
>>52774766
You fucked up, boot
>>
>>52774693
Hidden surface to orbit proton missile bunkers.

Planetary ion cannons and turbo lasers are big expensive targets when you're expecting the enemy to have a bigger fleet than you, but once the droid armies have landed and your fleet is crushed most of the seppy fleet buggers off, leaving just the droid control ship and a few support vessels. That's when the silos open and fire ze missiles. Control ship down, droid army crippled, hopefully your surviving forces can mop up before more of their reinforcements arrive, and hopefully they don't try again.
The missiles are nowhere near as effective against modern warships that are not converted freighters, but if the entire arsenal was launched at once it could maybe cripple a star destroyer.
>>
When do we get best ship for Armada
>>
>>52774693

They might use other Seppie tactics, like using anti-vehicle cannons to down gunships (a la Battle of Ryloth) and full frontal assaults in marching pattern (a la Battle of Coruscant and numerous others). If they're using CIS tactics, they'd have thousands of poorly manufactured blaster rifles and blaster cannons. If they're directly using CIS equipment they continue to manufacture, see the J-10 repeating blaster cannon in Forged in Battle.
>>
>>52775496

I meant to say Battle of Christophsis
>>
>>52774693
Watching Clone Wars (2003 shorts) right now, and jousting lances is probably pretty outdated, right?
>>
>>52775473
Probably never, I assume they'll be avoiding prequel era shit there just like they do in x-wing.
>>
>>52775473
>best ship
Invisible Hand?
>>
>>52774693
Lots and lots of light flak to murder massed fighters, and fairly light space weapons because CIS capitals were fairly flimsy
>>
>>52775278
That sounds like something right up their alley.

>>52775534
Fuck yes. They would probably have some Speederbike regiments armed with explosive-tipped lances for artillery hunting
>>
File: Swx53_layout.png (618KB, 700x540px) Image search: [Google]
Swx53_layout.png
618KB, 700x540px
>>52775553

So probably next wave?
>>
>>52775674
Those sound like they'd be fun baddies. Relatively easy to think of a way to take them down, but still unique and fun foes that pose a different threat than you might be prepared to face.
>>
File: Moffship.png (101KB, 826x527px) Image search: [Google]
Moffship.png
101KB, 826x527px
>>52775473
Depends. Does /swg/'s Armada fan base have a Chumbalaya of their own?
>>
>>52775733
Depends. Does Armada have a fan base?
>>
>>52775708
>be artilleryman in rebel cell following Saw Guererra's teachings
>uprising is in full swing
>ready to shell the severely outdated shield over the capital city
>first salvo FIRE
>prepare to move out of counter-battery zone
>a whining sound is heard over the roar of the repulsor engines
>a lot of whining sound really
>suddenly a bunch of blurry figures swoosh by
>artillery pieces exploding one by one as they zoom by
>soldiers torn in half or thrown tens of meters then collapsing into crumbled heaps
>what the sithspit just happened
>>
I've always wanted to run one of the Star Wars rpgs, but the generally speaking the people who are interested in playing a Star Wars rp are the kind of people much, much more knowledgeable in the setting than I am myself.

It's my problem with GMing 40k shit multiples one thousand fold. I'm always nervous about the shit I make up being contradicted by one of the ten thousand extended universe books the rpgs draw inspiration from and then getting called out on it by my players.
>>
>>52773803
The Bacta War is one of the worst examples of a "realistic" portrayal of how an SSD would perform and how fighting one would be.

Stackpole was notorious for putting Rogue Squadron on a massive pedestal and making their accomplishments inhuman, while his rendition of the Imperial Remnant was one of the most laughably weak and incompetent ones ever.

Even prior to the Mouse's canon purge I never took X-Wing seriously. It's a bunch of fanservice tripe.
>>
File: 1254580594539.jpg (244KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1254580594539.jpg
244KB, 1600x1200px
>>52767634
Well, they've got this Jedi guy, who used to farm moisture in a desert (so he's a dark horse bet if there ever was one). He's had a few weeks of calisthenics with a green goblin in a swamp and is apparently partially trained.

They've got a drunk twi'lek with the other lightsaber, who found out very recently she can use the Force and is slightly annoyed about it.

Plus a Hutt, a bounty hunter, and a protocol droid with lots of guns.

I think their plan involves grenades and blaster fire from multiple angles. And the Force. And a lot of hope.
>>
>>52776088

So just invest some new place.

Do a setting where the players are low level criminals fighting for cash and survival in the undercity of Nar Shadaa.

They want to stay here because its where the money is and where the power is, it means you just have to 'read up' on one place and maybe the people you bring it.

Basically just give it a laser-focus on one place, so it doesnt matter if peope know more about the whole setting, becuase youre just in one bit. Make it clear that its a crime gang-land game focusing on the underworld of one planet, so people should plan for that, and then play it like Star Wars Cyberpunk 2020 or something!
>>
>>52776088
Inform the players beforehand that the foundation of your campaign's "canon" will be based on your knowledge of the setting and that the lore in said campaign will not necessarily match up with Legends or nucanon. If your players are reasonable, they'll understand.
>>
>>52776125

Allston's X-Wing books are much better for that.
The imperials are a genuine threat who get up to some sneaky shit, and the Wraiths arent rampaging gods of the interstellar battlefield.
>>
>>52776131
And you think Vader's master plan to lure his son to him DOESN'T fucking involve separating him from anyone else he came with? Really? You may be a complete retard but he isn't
>>
>>52776088
The star wars galaxy has a LOT of space to just make your own shit up in without touching existing material even a little beyond what you already know
>>
>>52776131
Darth Vader telling everyone to leave Luke alone certainly won't include anyone with him. In fact, just the opposite. He would want them exceptionally dead just to fuck with Luke's emotional state.
They would be separated from Luke by whatever elaborate scheme he's set up and killed
>>
So I'm running a force and destiny game and I have a few questions for those more lore savvy than myself.

What are some good sources for dark side force users pre galactic civil war post republic? I know the inquisition exists but I feel like they're a bit powerful for the party right now (unless maybe theres lesser agents who can be a challenge to the party without stomping all over them) and there's also always dark jedi. Are there any other imperial sources of dark side force users (that aren't vader or sheev of course)? Are there other neat force traditions that could end up antagonistic with the party?

The reason I ask is because I'm wanting the party to be stuck in a bit of a race with a few other factions for the same thing (I'm thinking the tomb of an ancient and powerful sith lord, for different reasons of course as the party is a pretty pure set of jedi) I'd like for one of the factions to be imperial backed but another to not have any imperial connections.
>>
File: jedi_by_flurrys_art-d9p6d9m.jpg (49KB, 682x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jedi_by_flurrys_art-d9p6d9m.jpg
49KB, 682x1000px
>>52764115
Are there any good canon examples of Sith who became Jedi/Lightside force users after only being taught Sith ways?
>>
>>52776261

There's the Nightsisters - in new canon they're all dead, but who cares.

There could be any number of jedi who survived the purge and the emotional shock of feeling the death of all their friends drove them to the dark side in rage.

You can just make up some force sensitive cults from across the outer rim - or alternatively, perhaps nascent force sensitives running a non force sensitive cartel. They cant exactly join the jedi, and they know the Empire will kill them - as such, they have to turn to old myths and legends to find out how do improve their abilities.
>>
>>52776261
Nightsisters
>>
>>52776261
In terms of Dark Side users, the only other affiliated Imperial group (and I mean loosely) are the Prophets of the Dark Side. You could have them up against an Aphra/Indiana Jones type and perhaps some cultists of that particular Sith Lord, though. A corrupted local population could also be quite interesting.
>>
>>52776277
I've actually wanted to play this exact character for a while now. A sith that falls to the light.
>>
>>52776350
>falls
Rises? Floats? Climbs?
>>
>>52776277
>Canon

Not anymore.
>>
File: 1486667819274.png (44KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1486667819274.png
44KB, 152x254px
>>52776338
>Prophets of the Dark Side
>>
>>52776382
Finds the Light
>>
>>52776277
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQar1NXXMFI

Kel'eth Ur counts, and he makes a pretty compelling element for why it might happen. Still technically motivated by power, but believing that mental purity and detachment are the true paths to it.
>>
>>52776261
>imperial backed
After re reading your wording, it's very possible to have an Inquisitor task a local gang or merc group with retrieving it, but when they bring the Inquisitor his prize, have the Inquisitor slaughter everyone involved and move along.
>>
>>52776420
/tg/ does what /tg/ does
>>
File: 1256693153401.jpg (356KB, 2358x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1256693153401.jpg
356KB, 2358x1033px
>>52776200
>>52776259
>And you think Vader's master plan to lure his son to him DOESN'T fucking involve separating him from anyone else he came with? Really? You may be a complete retard but he isn't

See... that's the brilliant part. The plan relies on Vader /not/ being a complete retard.

Vader is expecting his son to come in and try and save Leia and Co. He's expecting him to come in alone, with maaaaybe a small force of Rebels. To do this, he expects Luke to steal a shuttle or something. You know, subtle. And since he can sense Luke's presence, it'll be trivial to plan around having the fake shuttle land, and guards pop out to isolate Luke, etc.

He's even set up a few shuttles that Luke could steal, at some obviously "unguarded" Imperial facilities nearby. Vader's plan is a solid plan. And if Luke were left to his own devices, he'd fall for it hook line and rancor.

But Vader's not expecting an armada of scum and fools to show up, panic, and either surrender or shoot their way out. He's not expecting the captured shuttle to be full of explosives, and Luke to board via a torpedo, or the garbage chutes. In short, his plan is for a nice orderly capture and separation. But in the utter chaos that's going to be cause by the PCs plan, his little trap is going to fall apart.

He's built the perfect mousetrap. The PCs have brought bees.
>>
File: dark greetings.jpg (239KB, 700x1147px) Image search: [Google]
dark greetings.jpg
239KB, 700x1147px
>>52776484
I can't wait for the day when an /swg/-goer gets a job at Disney or FFG and starts dropping the Moffpill.
>>
File: 1484373137449.jpg (160KB, 900x745px) Image search: [Google]
1484373137449.jpg
160KB, 900x745px
>>52774798
Maybe? You'll have a fair amount of firepower behind decent agility and HP.

I tend to not be a fan of spam lists though, and would prefer to take two and then 50 pts of something else.

>>52775473
Mon Remonda with Han Solo commander might come out, but we're for sure getting the MC75 first.

>>52775553
We literally just got a wave of nothing but Prequel ships for Armada.
>>
File: Rokur Gepta.png (280KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Rokur Gepta.png
280KB, 480x480px
>>52776277
Canon? Ha, no.

But aside from the Witches of Dathomir, there are then Jensaarai who accidentally blended Sith and Jedi teachings
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jensaarai

And the Sorcerers of Tund, who were a branch of Sith that doubled down on "Crazy Space Wizard" until Rokur Gepta killed their entire planet to keep their secrets to himself. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sorcerers_of_Tund
>>
>>52776559
Trioculus return to canon when
>>
File: bogdamoff twins.jpg (81KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
bogdamoff twins.jpg
81KB, 800x450px
>>52776700
When Disney makes the casting call that saves the Empire.
>>
File: 0 days ver 2.png (95KB, 257x368px) Image search: [Google]
0 days ver 2.png
95KB, 257x368px
>>52776700
Chumbalaya's win at Coruscant is the first step of our master plan.

>First a Trioculus crew card.

>Which means new Official Art for him.

>Which means a new generation become aware of him.

>Which means the Mouse, never one to turn down a fast buck, issues an omnibus edition of Jedi Prince for curious readers.

>It sells out faster than expected.

>2nd reprint.

>Demand for collectibles yields Action Figures and stuffed plushies. Funko releases its first three-eyed figure.

>Giving in to DARK GREETINGS, Pablo greenlights him as an antagonist in for a novel or comic series geared toward younger readers.

>Supreme Profit of the Dark Side
>>
File: squadron_goals.png (558KB, 880x487px) Image search: [Google]
squadron_goals.png
558KB, 880x487px
>>52764115

Any tips for running an AoR campaign focused on a TIE Squadron?
>>
>>52776788
He ends up becoming a Saturday Morning TV show villain in on a New Republic TV show that over glorifies the war ala 70-80's action cartoons.
>>
>>52776788
Why is there no mention of Jedi Prince anywhere on 1d4chan??? Someone should get on that.
>>
>>52776841
Top Gun but instead of Tom Cruise and the boys it's TIE pilots and instead of the Eastern Bloc it's the Rebellion and instead of a love interest it's their TIE fighters, and you get to keep the 80's soundtrack and homo-erotic undertones.
>>
File: no thank you.png (1MB, 1914x814px) Image search: [Google]
no thank you.png
1MB, 1914x814px
>>52777053
Because 1d4chan is a crutch for people who don't want to lurk long enough to get a decent understanding of /tg/, its culture, and its memes. 1d4chan largely leads to newfags spouting off memes about shit they don't know about outside of a wiki article. We don't want that to happen to our beloved Jedi Prince, do we?
>>
>>52776841
A healthy knowledge of the Attitude Era would be good to have.
>>
>>52776502
Wait, are you that weird GM who's girlfriend is playing a slutty twi'lek who keeps trying to fuck Luke Skywalker?
>>
Excuse me while I make what is essentially an unintentional bait post.

Been seeing a lot of hubbub about "Grey Jedi" lately and, I'll admit my Star Wars lore isn't up to scratch, but from what little I know they're basically just kinda snowflake-y neutral force users yeah? Are they on the Mandalorian levels of Snowflakiness in the EU or are they actually decently written?
>>
Will Scum ever get a Core set of their own?
We're never gonna see a 4th faction, right?
>>
>>52777256
>Are they on the Mandalorian levels of Snowflakiness in the EU or are they actually decently written?
worse than Mandos tbqh
>>
>>52777149
You make an excellent point anon.
>>
>>52777149
Wasn't 1d4chan taken over by SJWs a while back?
>>
>>52776673
Jensaarai seem really cool as misguided villains that could end up allies to the right party. Totally using them for my campaign if my player follows that hook.
>>
File: 1490925086517.jpg (87KB, 856x640px) Image search: [Google]
1490925086517.jpg
87KB, 856x640px
>>52777256
>but from what little I know they're basically just kinda snowflake-y neutral force users yeah?
When you really get down to it, all "gray jedi" ACTUALLY means is "I wanna play a darksider but without the traditional dark side downsides"
>>
>>52777332
how the fuck should I know? Only newfags use it.
>>
>>52777350
The worst is people who don't understand the source material for the Force and think that Grey is balance between light and dark.

Dark side is discord. Light side is balance. What about that is hard to understand?
>>
>>52777350
More like "I want the strengths of both sides with NONE of the downsides"
>>
File: It is I.gif (493KB, 500x228px) Image search: [Google]
It is I.gif
493KB, 500x228px
>>52777231
>>
>>52777280
I was unaware that was even possible, thanks for the insight.
>>52777350
So they're more of a vidya/TTRPG thing than an actual EU thing?
>>
File: 1487243820960.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1487243820960.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>52777365
Tell that to all the clickbait articles flooding my wiki sidebars.
>IS REY DA FIRST FEMALE GREY JEDI?
>THE LAST JEDI BRINDS NEW BALANCE BETWEEN DA LIGHT SIDES AND DA DARK SIDES
>TEH FORCE WILL BE CHANGED FOREVER IN ""THE LAST JEDI""
>>
>>52777256
The real issue is that it is used more than one way. In most canon uses and under 1% of fan uses, it amounts to Jedi Protestants; good guys, light-side users, just not part of the mainline Jedi order. Note that this form is only really a thing in regards to the prequel OJO and other eras that imitate it for retarded reasons (KoTOR). In every other era virtually every 'grey jedi' would fit into the mainstream order just fine
The other 99% of the time in fanon it's as
>>52777350 and >>52777371 say, and any player or fanfiction using it should be avoided like a junkie hooker with double AIDS who wants you to get high with her before the bareback main event
>>
>>52777451
I'm honestly most worried that's actually what it's gonna turn out to be. Throwing out that aspect of the force is just a slap in the face. People are way too obsessed with dichotomies these days, with no room for a simple wrong and right.
>>
I don't like Rebels, but does anyone else love the new Quasar Fire-class look?
>>
>>52777568
Rebels is bretty gud. It really picked up in S3.
The Quasar Fire is a hunk of shit tho.
>>
File: Never change tg, never change.png (77KB, 627x214px) Image search: [Google]
Never change tg, never change.png
77KB, 627x214px
>>52777231
>Wait, are you that weird GM who's girlfriend is playing a slutty twi'lek who keeps trying to fuck Luke Skywalker?

Also, I'm kind of amused /that's/ the bit people remember. Ah well.
>>
File: glove_of_darth_vader.png (126KB, 605x406px) Image search: [Google]
glove_of_darth_vader.png
126KB, 605x406px
>>52776559
>>52776788

Speaking of our three-eyed overlord, has anyone tried stating him? I've been thinking about using him as a starting antagonist for an Age of Rebellion game.
>>
>>52777621
Everyone wants to fuck Luke Skywalker anon.
>>
>>52777599
I think it looks a lot better than the flat topped version we got out of Star Wars Rebellion from way back when. More visually interesting.

I watch Rebels every week but the characters irritate me. I love the McQuarrie throwbacks and the Clone Wars throwbacks.
>>
File: 1488372780553.jpg (118KB, 900x856px) Image search: [Google]
1488372780553.jpg
118KB, 900x856px
>>52777651
>Everyone wants to fuck Luke Skywalker anon.

Ain't that the truth.

I bet Rey is going to have a looooot of older-guy related kinks when she gets older, after the trauma with Han and, presumably, Luke.
>>
I want to start x-wing and got a pile of ships from a brother who isn't playing anymore.
I want to fly lots of ties. I got the original starter set, imperial aces, slave 1, tie advanced for imperial. I've heard that howl runner is really good, so Im going to get that expansion for the third tie. Anything else I /need/ to run the swarm?
>>
>>52777661
>the characters irritate me
That's true. The more up-front characters are more irritating and the less seen guys are more interesting. They could have done more/better with Sabine, Hera, and Zeb.

Predictions for S4:
Ezra is going to end up joining Saw Guerrera's Partisans on Jedha. Kanan is prolly gonna die in season 4. Hera and Chopper are the only characters we know don't die in Rebels. I'm P sure the rest of the cast is fucked. Sabine is probably safe too because Disney won't kill of strong female characters.
>>
>>52777755
>Ezra is going to end up joining Saw Guerrera's Partisans
>Ezra is the soldier with the black scout trooper mask
POTTERY
>>
>>52777661
Are you trying to be competitive or do you just want to run a swarm? Because those two things are at odds with each other. Swarms can be ok, but they're not gonna scratch the current tourney meta.
>>
>>52777774
He has to be, he's the only Partisan without a name
>>
>>52777621
It distinguishes you from the other
>I let my players fuck around with the OT and now shit's all retarded
Guy
>>
>>52777755
>Sabine is probably safe too because Disney won't kill of strong female characters.

So, Mandalorian Rebel show up next?
>>
>>52777802
Small mercies, I suppose.

Ah well. At least everyone is having fun.
>>
>>52777804
Idk if I hate that idea or the Rosario Dawson Ahsoka movie idea more.
>>
>>52777832
How can you hate anything more than Rosario Dawson Ahsoka? She ruins every action hero role she gets by playing the same boring character.

>>52777755
I hope so with Ezra, that would be beautiful
>>
>>52777832
>>52777894
Fuck off gay bois
>>
>>52777365
No, the Dark Side and Light Side are vital to each other for balance.

Get that dichotomous bullshit out of here. Grey Jedi suck but so does the theory that the Dark Side is all evil and Light is all good.
>>
>>52777894
>She ruins every action hero role she gets
She ruins every role she gets, period.

Ezra's is the prediction I'm most comfortable with. The trailer with Saw, and the helmeted Partisan line up too good for it to be coincidence.
I'm also prepared for a super ambiguous ending because "we can't kill all the male cast members on a kids show, even though the Mouse wants to".
>>
>>52777914
Im not debating her looks, saying she is a shitty actress and she would defile and not in the good way one of my favourite characters
>>
>>52778001
>one of my favourite characters
You're right about Dawson, but fuck that grey jedi bitch
>>
File: Crack-Shot-Front-Face.png (770KB, 484x744px) Image search: [Google]
Crack-Shot-Front-Face.png
770KB, 484x744px
>>52777736
It depends.

To TIE swarms need ways to get consistent damage output.

The best way to do that is Pic Related-

Most TIE Swarms start with 3 Black Squadron Pilots with Crack Shot, Howlrunner with Crack Shot, and then 36 points left over. This is usually

- An Ace at 36 points or less (Soontir, Carnor, Ryad, Quickdraw, etc)

- 3 Academy Pilots

- 2 Omega Squadrons with Crack Shot

- Scourge and Mauler Mithel with Crack Shot.

I run a stranger variant of the Crack Swarm-

5 Omega Squadron Pilots with Weapons Guidance and Crack Shot.

If you don't have enough copies of Crack Shot, my second post replying to this will be the back of this card-

This is a really high resolution image for printing- go print it front/back on 110 pound paper. Print 6 copies.
>>
>>52777651
>ahsoka doesn't go MIA in rebels
>four years later, Luke is directed by leia to her for force training
>eatthechristmascake.holonet
>Vader accidentally sees some shit he didn't ever want to see in two separate ways when he sees into Luke's head on bespin
>Luke takes advantage of the raw horror of the moment to make his escape
>>
File: Crack-Shot-Back-Face.png (955KB, 484x744px) Image search: [Google]
Crack-Shot-Back-Face.png
955KB, 484x744px
>>52777736
>>52778064
So with what you have, a good way to start would be-

TIE Fighter Expansion
(Print 5-6 crack shots)
Imperial Veterans (comes with 1 Crack Shot)
A 4th TIE Fighter
New Core set
TIE/FO expansion.

As a beginner, feel free to proxy cards at anything smaller than a regional tournament.

Also, I realized that Scourge comes in the Gozanti Cruiser, so maybe hold off on that one.
>>
>>52778090
>eatthechristmascake.holonet
What? I'm missing a reference here
>>
>>52777775
This was meant for >>52777736
>>
>>52778028
I honestly never saw her as a grey jedi
she left the order, but never really stopped following the code. She never stopped fighting for good, never used darksider powers. She fits more into the original code, but still.
>>
>>52778163
They literally gave her grey lightsabers.
>>
>>52778159
>>52777775
I would disagree, many of the top-meta lists involve shitty-agility ships with 1 or 2 higher agility ships (Perfect for Crack Shot)

With Palp and Dengaroo out of the meta, I would think swarms are a serious contender to be back on top.
>>
>>52778163
She's a grey jedi by the prod definition, I'd say
>>
>>52778125
Thanks!
I don't really plan to tourament play, just want to play Wednesday nights at the LGS
Are people going to give me shit for flying old ties as FO or the other way around?

>>52778159
Just fly tons of ties. I just love tie fighters.
I just want to fly the ships I like, Im not trying to take on chumbawumba
I plan to buy the Ghost and Sabine's Tie after my Tie swarm is complete
>>
>>52770462
Paternal Grandfather fled Ukraine after the Soviets arrived and joined the Polish Army, he then got conscripted by the Germans, was sent back to Ukraine to help root out Jews, Soviet sympathizers, and other undesireables, and after the war moved to the US with his German wife. Hated the Russians, Hated the Germans, hated the Poles, and hated pretty much everyone else. Worked in a rubber factory when he moved here and never learned English, when he retired he got some sort of government pension, so he may have been working with the Allies towards the end of the war. He was the youngest of twelve siblings and one of four who survived to see World War II. We don't know what happened to the other three.

Maternal Great Grandfather was an army medic who worked with the Army Air Force. Never got many stories from him about the war besides one where he got drunk, woke up late, took the wrong boat, and ended up in Scotland instead of Normandy. His wife worked as a switchboard operator with the Army.
>>
>>52778179
Her lightsabers are white, dude.

Gray Jedi are not a thing.
>>
>>52778182
>With Palp and Dengaroo out of the meta
What?
Did you not watch the results of any of the System Open tourneys? Dengaroo was in 5 of the top 8 lists.
Palp Aces are still bretty gud, not top tier anymore, but it's still a thing.
The top meta Imp lists are 2 ace Defenders and a 3rd ship, not swarms.
>>
>>52778138
Japs and especially jap porn sometimes use the term 'Christmas cake' when talking about unmarried women in like the 25-35 range
Once you know that, I think you can work out what the 'eat' part of that comment means
>>
>>52778200
It depends on your definition I think
The general definition I use is someone who uses both sides of the force. Light side is not always Jedi
>>
File: ech.png (577KB, 611x648px) Image search: [Google]
ech.png
577KB, 611x648px
>>52778243
>>
Are we seriously having /another/ Grey Jedi discussion?

Don't you guys have anything better to argue about?
>>
>>52778275
Filloni described her as between Jedi and Sith and affiliated with neither. That's as grey as they come.
>>52778290
>Don't you guys have anything better to argue about?
You'd think so, but fuck you
>>
File: a5vy5.gif (1MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
a5vy5.gif
1MB, 360x202px
>>52778307
>You'd think so, but fuck you
>>
>>52778290
It's better than the other shit we've been getting recently
We need writefags or some other kind of OC creation to give people something to talk about other than endlessly rehashing old fights
>>
File: download.jpg (942KB, 4000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
942KB, 4000x2500px
Stat me for Edge/FaD/Age please!
>>
File: 1486699843718.gif (5MB, 328x200px) Image search: [Google]
1486699843718.gif
5MB, 328x200px
>>52778331
A Day9 gif used against me, a DayKnight? Bwah gawd.
>>
File: HG4e0izwa6Tgk.gif (844KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
HG4e0izwa6Tgk.gif
844KB, 300x200px
>>52778352
Hey! That's /my/ gif you saved from a previous /swg/ thread and reposted, so don't you give me any backtalk. I bet you frame questions as "Why don't you [x]?" And I bet Sheriff is your favorite cat.
>>
>>52778395
>>52778352
Just fuck already.
>>
>>52778395
Actually I got it from /v/ or /diy/ or something, it sure wasn't this board.
I'm actually not a huge fan of the cats. I don't mind them during Hearthstone shit, because I usually have the show on in the background (I remember the good ol SC2 days though). Despy is the superior cat tho.

>>52778451
Yes, please. Hubba hubba
>>
File: IMG_0355.jpg (32KB, 340x258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0355.jpg
32KB, 340x258px
>>52777621
>my post got capped
>>
>>52778307
I don't get how she can be between Jedi and Sith when she refused rejoining the Jedi because they weren't "good guy" enough
>>
File: lightsaber duels.jpg (142KB, 919x509px) Image search: [Google]
lightsaber duels.jpg
142KB, 919x509px
>>52778505
It went straight into the "/tg/ is at it again" folder.
>>
>>52778530
Don't ask me, Filoni Baloney said it.
>>
>>52778569
Shit like this where the left hand contradicts the right just creates further confusion in the fandom. Filoni needs to stfu about his donut steel oc.
>>
>>52778655
We need to email him endless photos of his waifu being tenderly and consensually fucked by people who aren't him to break his spirit
>>
>>52778205
You actually can't use TIE/FO's as TIEs and vice versa- They have different dials.

>>52778225
Dengaroo is not Paratanni.

The old Dengar+Manaroo build was capable of eating 2 TIEs a turn.

Since the Evade token is no longer assigned on a bump and palp's lessened prevalence, TIE Swarms with high-level play can once again eat one of them on the first joust.

Those System open results were also right before the FAQ that nerfed manaroo into the ground.

I'm not saying it's the top list, but it has generally good matchups to what empire is bringing nowadays.
>>
>>52778683
I've seen that video.
Was mad her headpiece kept sliding off
>>
>>52778683
Are you trying to break his spirit or sate his inner cuck?
>>
>>52778703
What video?

Link?
>>
>>52778708
Cuxk fetishes don't get satisfied unless they're being acknowledged and insulted
Pure vanilla with someone else and no indication of NTR does nothing for them except sadden them if it's their cuckfu
>>
>>52778683
Just make sure it's all adult ahsoka so he can't even get angry about that
>>
>>52778695
Ah shitty.
Is there any official way to get cards?

Good to hear its not garbage to play swarm.
I don't need to win tourneys, but I dont want to get rolled constantly
>>
>>52778344
Some trial homebrew. Thoughts?

Sil 3, Speed 3, Handling +1, Def 1/-/-/0
Armor 2, HT 7, SS 9
Vehicle Type/Model: Airspeeder/HMP
Maximum Altitude: none (ship has limited space combat ability)
Sensor Range: Close
Crew: none (droid brain)
Encumbrance capacity: 50
Passenger capacity: 0 (see special equipment)
Price: 30,000 credits (used)/4
Customisation Hard Points: 1
Weapons:
Forward-mounted medium laser cannon (Fire Arc Forward)
2 Turreted twin medium laser cannons (Fire Arc Forward, Linked 3)
2 wingtip light laser cannons (Fire Arc Forward, Linked 1
2 underslung ordnance racks, carrying 7 concussion missiles each (Firing Arc Forward, Limited Ammo 14, Linked 1, ignore Slow-Firing)
Special equipment:
Deployment racks: An HMP Gunship may have deployment racks instead of missile racks. If equipped with deployment racks, an HMP gunship may spend two manoeuvres to deploy up to 12 B2 super battle droids or BX droid commandos.
Droid Brain: add [SETBACK] whenever the HMP is in situations where it does not have direct orders pertaining to the situation.

Notes:
I think the missile racks could be reworked a little, I wanted to keep them balanced but allow for the weapon to do what we see in the Clone Wars and dump its ordnance very quickly. Perhaps remove guided and add auto fire (up to Limited Ammo that is)?

Rarity is based off other TCW equipment in Forged in Battle.
>>
>>52778703
There's ahsoka cosplay porn?
>>
>>52778801
There are official ways to get cards,- crack shot is just mostly in scum ships, and needed mostly by imperials.

That's why they put the third copy of Crack Shot in Imperial Veterans.
>>
>>52777927
The Force as Daoism is way better than the Dark Side being a "necessary evil".
>>
>>52775816

I...I like it, anon.
>>
>>52778837
Autofire plus missiles would be waaay too good unless they also get inaccurate
>>
>>52777927
The emotions that LEAD to the darkside are natural but tapping the force with them is pretty much 100% bad.
>>
>>52779018
That was just a suggestion, but you're right. Perhaps inaccurate 1 on first shot, no guided, increasing to inaccurate 2 for all auto fire shots?
>>
>>52778718
>>52778912
Yes. I don't have the link.
Go search star wars on your favorite 18+ video site. I found it on hub but that was at least a year ago
>>
>>52778837
>>52778344
Thank you this is very similar to my recent homebrew!
I guess vehicles aren't too tricky to guess if you have stats for the weapons and similar vehicles to go off of.
>>
>>52778912
literally all you have to do is google it anon. It's the first result.
>>
File: Scout trooper partisan.png (345KB, 662x634px) Image search: [Google]
Scout trooper partisan.png
345KB, 662x634px
>>52777755
>>52777755
>>52777774
>>52777794
>Ezra is going to end up joining Saw Guerrera's Partisans on Jedha.
Yeah, someone once jokingly threatened to start rumors about the Scout Trooper Partisan being Ezra if Pablo didn't give more information about him.

Pablo said "Speculate away" as his response.

SUSPICIOUS!??!
>>
>>52779065
You're welcome. It's easiest to stat in relation to something else (other airspeeders in this case). Forged in Battle is awesome for CW-era equipment, and you can use it to stat CW-era stuff in relation.
>>
>>52764115
Hi everyone, I'm an anon who was here a few threads ago about making good mentors for a campaign, where we came up with an old drunkard / loving widower of a Jedi, who left the order to be with his wife. After she passed, he wishes to teach the ways of the Force to a new generation, but can't leave his home... he still has a family there.

I love this guy - I've named him Lokan Howrit, for now - but I'm also thinking I might need a backup mentor or two. At the very least, 'backup mentors' can end up as other Jedi that the PCs can meet.

Here's what I have:

>Ora Segedoo
A conscientous objector to the militaristic ways of the Jedi Order, he left their ranks on the eve of the Clone Wars, believing it wrong for peacekeepers to become generals. He flatly refused to participate in war, instead sticking steadfastly to the old Jedi principles.

He refuses to get involved in the Civil War, due to his beliefs, but is a proud peacekeeper of a small solar system, along the lines of the Jedi of old.

While forced to maintain secrecy, he is not hiding his actions to maintain peace and fight oppression in his corner of the galaxy, which is making him a target of the Empire.

>Iktochi
The Seers of Iktoch are a cool tradition to learn from - especially an Iktochi who is not a Seer, but is pursuing another path. It's easy to justify them not coming with the party - if they're on Iktoch, they'll be vastly weaker off of it, and if they're off Iktoch, they'll likely be very cautious and not want the dangerous lifestyle of the party.

>Weik
The weird world of Weik is basically just a fantasy land in the middle of Star Wars. It'd be really interesting to see the party crash land here and learn the Force from people who seemingly understand so little about it - but in reality, have ended up in a society where preconceived notions of the Force have been upended, allowing for some interesting discoveries.

>Continued...
>>
>>52770462
My maternal Grandfather served in the Navy, enlisted not one but TWO years too early by lying to the recruiters.

He didn't like what he saw even if his ships I don't think saw direct combat, he was on a troopship at some point and I think it may have doubled as a hospital ship?

Either way he was and is proud of his service (Still goes to Legion and VFW functions all the time) but not a huge fan of stuff like toy guns.
>>
>>52777832
>>52777894
>>52777939
>>52778001
Wait, who proposed that idea? I also don't know who she is, but I don't think it would work, the voice change would be too drastic, but Ashley's not a physical actress either.
>>
>>52779116
>Aang-Ti
Their beliefs about the Force being many 'colors' rather than just Light or Dark are interesting, and could challenge the notions of the party regarding how they see the Force. Are they right? Probably not. But it's interesting.

I'm trying to think of other compelling single characters besides 'left for love' and 'conscientous objector' that have reasons to avoid the fight with the Empire...
>>
>>52779178
>>Aang-Ti
>Their beliefs about the Force being many 'colors' rather than just Light or Dark are interesting, and could challenge the notions of the party regarding how they see the Force. Are they right? Probably not. But it's interesting.
Also they teleport, FUCK that.
>>
>>52779194
Didn't know that part. I can just ignore it. My player won't know about it. I really just like the 'colors of the Force' idea because it's so different, I don't even need it to be Aing-Ti.
>>
>>52779116
Maybe a former padawan of the mentor.
Someone who left because of a different opinion. Maybe he was more into fighting and protecting rather than peace and mediation.
Gives a good balance with different view points especially since they both know each other.
Is the wife really dead? Or is she the new inquisitor?
>>
>>52779178
My impression of the Aing-tii is that they're completely light side, just in a very unique way. I imagine it like looking at the force through a prism. The light is split into a rainbow, but the dark is still all dark

But they'd be some extremely interesting mentors, if the players somehow make it all the way out to the very end of the Kathol road
>>
>>52779178
Cowards, misers, and people who just want to be left alone work in that regard. To fit that mold, a Jedi hiding in the shadows ever since Order 66, a general heartbroken after his clone unit turned on him, and a Padawan dropout who considers that page of their life to be over works.
>>
>>52779245
Ooh, that's good. Do note that Lokan is currently seeking out Force sensitives to teach, so maybe it's a previous apprentice he had that left due to those differences.

>>52779248
Hm, that's an interesting way to see it, and much truer to how Light and Dark are presented in Star Wars. I like it.

I'm glad other people agree they'd be cool mentors.

>>52779256
Great ideas, all of them! Thank you so much! I'll try fleshing those out but those are some meaty hooks.
>>
>>52779116
Our Force character, a Xexto Ataru Striker, has a mentor we all refer to as "Space Jewish Dad".
He managed to escape Order 66, and, after hitching a ride to the Outer Rim, he began to blame the downfall of the Jedi on their materialism. He gave up his lightsaber and holocrons etc (more Buddhist than Jewish, but we'll get to that later) and went to live at an abandoned Jedi temple. On one of his trips away, he found our character, a street urchin, and took him with him to raise in the Jedi way. However, the Xexto was an unruly type, and the Jedi beat him (this was at the insistence of our player, never mind it isn't the Jedi way). So our Xexto acquired a strong sense of discipline from him, but left to continue his spacefaring ways, despite Space Jewish Dad asking him to stay. He's a recurring character who basically behaves like Jeff Golfblum's dad from the second Independence Day movie ("You never call anymore! What are you, too good for your mentor?", "You should come to dinner more often, I'll make your favourite", etc.).

The Xexto doesn't appreciate how much I love Space Jewish Dad.
>>
>>52779303
That. Is. Amazing. I wish my players had chosen Mentor instead of Holocron so I could totally steal that.

I also love the idea of a completely Buddhist Jedi, stealing that shit.
>>
>>52779300
Happy to help. Working on writing something myself, so shit like this helps get ideas going.
>>
>>52779178
>I'm trying to think of other compelling single characters besides 'left for love' and 'conscientous objector' that have reasons to avoid the fight with the Empire...
How about a guy who has dedicated himself to being purely a failsafe? He roves around teaching, but doesn't act directly, because as long as he's alive, he can train more Jedi, but if he dies, there's a good chance of final extinction of the Jedi order. To make him not seem cowardly, perhaps he swore an ancient blood oath of his kind to his dying master to do exactly that, and he sometimes wishes he could go with them, but his oath's stronger than that urge
>>
>>52779362
Ooooh, another excellent idea. I do really like these more proactive ones too, much easier to contrive ways for the party to meet them. :P
>>
>>52779063
>>52779073
The one with the Taxicab?
>>
>>52779340
I'm running a combo game of all three, so he crops up almost never, but it's always fun.
>>
>>52779116
Holy shit, you're using my character, that's awesome
>>52779245
>Is the wife really dead? Or is she the new inquisitor?
Considering they were married sixty-seven years and she died peacefully of old age, one would imagine not
>>
File: tumblr_oca4pmUwrH1vcpcmqo1_1280.png (868KB, 900x1036px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oca4pmUwrH1vcpcmqo1_1280.png
868KB, 900x1036px
>>52779178
The Nice and Accurate Prophet

Gets visions of things that are going to happen. Not might happen. Not could happen. Going to happen. 100%.

Of course, since the visions are mostly out of order, and are sometimes of thousands of years in the future, the Prophet isn't much use in the current timeline. However, she's been carefully recording the bits and pieces she does understand and piecing them together. She's avoiding the Empire because she knows it's all going to fall apart anyway. She can't change the future. She knows she's going to die soon, and she knows quite a bit about the person who will inherit her book(s). She's spent the last thirty years setting plans in motion, completely confident it will all work out.

So when the drunk wookie bumbles into the PCs in the bar and drops his keys into their drink, and those keys later turn out to be useful, you can bet it was the Prophet who foresaw that she'd need to get the wookie hooked on the sauce.
>>
>>52779303
That's more space jewish grandpa.
>>
>>52779303
The Seer/Niman Jedi in our was "adopted" by our party leader. He won't stop trying to embarrass him in dad ways.

He continuously tries to hook the Jedi up with this hotshot Corellian Pilot.

He gets funny looks when he calls him his son, since he's a Kel-Dor, and the Jedi is a super pretty boy.
>>
File: Yoda.jpg (41KB, 352x600px) Image search: [Google]
Yoda.jpg
41KB, 352x600px
>>52779402
>Considering they were married sixty-seven years and she died peacefully of old age, one would imagine not

That's... just an idea, anon. Ideas can be changed.

The better question is "Would it make the story more Space Opera and fit the themes of Star Wars if his wife was the new Inquisitor?"

>>52779303
Pic related.
>>
>>52779303
So the economic opposite of Yogurt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQEVgbMqq7o
>>
>>52779393
That's the one I thought of. Tell you what,
how about you watch it and tell us if her headpiece falls off.
>>
>>52779402
That I am. He's exactly the kind of Jedi my Force User PC needs. She's very pragmatic and detached and idolizes only the scholarly and analytical nature of the Jedi. She's only learned from a Holocron, barely better than an advanced droid.

She's got the calm and knowledge of the Jedi down, but she's rejecting the compassion and selflessness. I'm not sure she'll ever be a hero, but her player does want her to learn how to care, at least.

So yeah, of course he's the right fit for that plotline. But I want other mentors and Jedi out there that represent other paths the Light Side - or even the Dark Side - can go down.

>>52779470
Currently, I have it in my plans that the PC's Force Sensitive sister is working for the Empire - whether as an Officer or an Inquisitor, I haven't decided - so I'd rather not two twists like that.

>>52779430
This would be perfect for an Iktochi.
>>
>>52779430
Someone read Good Omens
>>
>>52779470
>The better question is "Would it make the story more Space Opera and fit the themes of Star Wars if his wife was the new Inquisitor?"
Family's important to star wars, but the villain having a strong family relationship to an important character is pretty severely overdone.
>>
>>52779430
I get this reference.
>>
>>52779467
That's even better.

>>52779470
I think it might be an encounter later on where there's a party with Space Jewish Dad. Right now, the Xexto is a noob, and is making shitty decisions, but once we break him in it'll all straighten out.

>>52779489
Yeah, pretty much. A little more possessive though. I do think the beating thing he made us incorporate was shit, but he's new. I very well might reboot the character later on for funsies.
>>
>>52779582
Yeah, I'm trying to be careful about how I pull it off with the whole 'sister is Imperial' idea. My thinking is, of course she's Imperial... the Imperials would snatch up a Force Sensitive and groom her fast. But she doesn't have to be a villain. In the absence of the PC, she's doing what has to be done to provide for her family. She's a good person, working for the Empire.

In fact, to her, the Jedi might legitimately seem evil. They did kidnap her sister, and fail to protect her (as far as they know), simply because she did some crimes to feed her family when she was young.

Does that mean she'd hunt down and kill Jedi? Not necessarily - I'm not sure if I want her to be an Inquisitor at the start. But I think that's what the Empire would be grooming her to be.
>>
>>52770752
Do you mean Pablo Hidalgo?

I know about Wendig inserting his political views into SW, but what did members of the Story Group do?
>>
File: murnane_sw2_wat_tambor_concept.jpg (166KB, 927x1200px) Image search: [Google]
murnane_sw2_wat_tambor_concept.jpg
166KB, 927x1200px
>>52779569
Only steal from the best.

>>52779582
Well, yes, but this is Space Opera. If you can't predict the plot, it's not really Opera.

Anyway,
>>52779178

The Paranoid
Is slightly too highly tuned. The Force connects all life, but the Paranoid's sensitivity is turned up way too high. They live in isolation. They take medication to not go crazy from the sensation of their gut bacteria dying. They sense all life - all of it - with ridiculous ferocity. Their habitat is a perfectly smooth station in the depths of space, or a desert hut in a salt plain.

Wounding someone would be impossible. Luckily, the Paranoid has a few very powerful tricks to toss people away from them (including across space itself, via a weird folding trick), or disappear from sight.
>>
>>52779622
>That's even better.
The Seer player constantly gets cock blocked or set up on arranged dates by his adopted parents, while also forced to do the chores around the ship, have a strict curfew (gotta keep the Jedi out of sight) and not allowed to talk to strangers the Kel-Dor is actually teaching him how to run the ship because he wants to leave it to him for when he eventually bites it
>>
>>52779547
Just a thought, but what about the mentor dragging her along to one of his grandchildren's wedding? That could be fun
>>
>>52779675
That would be a great roleplay moment. My PC loves roleplay and she'd love that kinda humor I think.

>>52779663
haha, I am loving these more quirky Forceful. Totally stealing this one too.
>>
in the FFG game, what species get a boosted natural attack? I'm looking at making a martial artist, but their capstone 3rd-teir precision strike doesn't work on brawl or melee weapons, JUST unarmed attacks. and I don't think I can get around that with cybernetics and built-in brass knuckles.

So far I have:
Wookie
Trandoshan
Cathar (unofficial)
>>
>>52779089
I speculate he got shot by the fuckin Death Star
>>
>>52779738
Actually, it seemed to me like just about all of the Partisans got away. There are no ships left when the main cast finally takes off.
>>
>>52770462

Granddad was in the canadian army and on one of the beaches at D-Day. He never really got over it. The only thing as bad as that was the labor being done off the front lines in mines. Being out of shooting range didn't make the war any less of a grind.

The worst part was after going through all that they cut his rank and slashed his pay for it. No such thing as gratitude in a government or military.
>>
>>52779667
I think your mentor out-Jewish Dads mine.
>>
File: tumblr_ohadkwnDvC1sv8hhio1_1280.jpg (489KB, 718x1437px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohadkwnDvC1sv8hhio1_1280.jpg
489KB, 718x1437px
>>52779178
The Tantric.

Do I need to say more? If the Force has colours, their colour is pink. Being connected to all life is great, especially when you're all about the positive emotions. The Jedi were very careful to never mention this tradition to their child-apprentices. After all, if monasticism and purity are the only paths to the Light Side, how can you explain the extremely light, loving, and utterly sensual creatures of this tradition?

Don't be fooled though. They aren't decadent. Quite the opposite - their path requires just as much practice and focus as any Jedi's. If you want depravity you should look elsewhere. Their arts aren't for the thrill-seeker or the depraved. They can also kick the teeth out of your head without breaking stride. Every movement is blessed with the Force.
>>
File: 1b80a4ff530a86712a679ac1e5568dc3.jpg (356KB, 616x1176px) Image search: [Google]
1b80a4ff530a86712a679ac1e5568dc3.jpg
356KB, 616x1176px
Jedi battle armor, yes or no?
>>
>>52779924
For wartime Jedi who have lost sight of their role, I guess.

That said, I think there's a pretty strong argument that even carrying a lightsaber is tantamount to Jedi tradition superseding core philosophy.
>>
File: Kenobi.jpg (49KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Kenobi.jpg
49KB, 682x1023px
>>52779924
Heck yes
Absolutely love the aesthetic
>>
>>52779924
>>52779985
Agreed. Jedi battle armour is like a Sith soup kitchen for rascally orphans.

Finding it should be a clear reminder that the Jedi lost their way, at the end. It's a symbol of the fall of the Republic, and the blindness of the Jedi order.
>>
>>52780025
I like the Kenobi style best, integrating the armor with the robes. >>52779924 just looks like someone threw a brown bath robe over standard armor.
>>
>>52780046
>>52779985
How so? Not disagreeing, would just like to hear your interpretation.
>>
>>52779713
Whipids do too I believe with tusks. Throw in the enhance power and a rice picking hat and go full K'kruhk
>>
>>52779713
If you mean boosted Brawn, which I think you do, the Elom in Forged in Battle, Aqualish and Weequay in Dangerous Covenants, and the Nautolan from Force and Destiny Core all have natural 3s in Br. I don't have any others, but I believe Whiphids and Besalisks also have 3s, although Besalisks are a 3/2/2/2/1/1 species due to its four arms.
>>
File: klaus-wittmann-vad2.jpg (616KB, 1341x1920px) Image search: [Google]
klaus-wittmann-vad2.jpg
616KB, 1341x1920px
>>52780073
Wars not make one great.

I've posted some of this before, so if you're getting déjà-vu, that's why.

The Jedi were never supposed to be warriors. They lost their way. How is it that all the Jedi in pretty much all the PT and interim seem so blase about death and slicing their enemies to pieces?

Because they've already fallen to the Dark Side, or close to it. Because they were an arrogant cult who have lost their way. They became warrior-monks, not mystics. Calm became detachment. Serenity became peace at any cost. The joy of combat was one of the few allowed to their order - small wonder that they learned to love it.

I've always assumed it was canon, at least in part. The Jedi in the prequels have lost their connection to the Force. "The Dark Side clouds everything," Yoda says, but it's not the Sith doing it. They aren't the good guys.

There is no conflict within the Force, only within ourselves. When the prophecy said that a child would be born to bring balance to the Force, the Jedi didn't even consider that this could be to their detriment. For their arrogance, they were destroyed. The survivors saw the galaxy fall into an age of darkness the Jedi could have prevented, but instead ensured would occur.

That's what the armour symbolizes. That's why it's not just cool clothes.
>>
>>52768342
>>52768581
Can someone explain the inquisition's actual job in cannon? the difference between it and ISB?
>>
File: hatergonnahateSendemtothemoon.jpg (38KB, 509x349px) Image search: [Google]
hatergonnahateSendemtothemoon.jpg
38KB, 509x349px
>>52780046
>>52780153
You lean heavy on the mystic part, I can dig that.
But the universe needed galactic peace keepers. People to help those in need.
In my opinion, their biggest mistake was joining the republic. They should have never answered to anyone but the force. The republic pulled them into a war that wasn't theirs, and they were to weak to resist. They served instead of lead.
>>
>>52780173
Hunt and kill any Jedi left
Grab any babies with the force
>>
>>52780073
Not that guy, but basically, it's an admission that you're going to war. Jedi were meant to be peaceful, and in everyday peace-time their sabers are all they need. If they need armor, they've messed up somewhere along the way.
>>
>>52780153
I tend to agree with this guy >>52780193

During stuff like the Sith invasions in the Old Republic, I don't see why Jedi wouldn't wear armor. Dying is obviously not the end, but it certainly stops you from protecting people form the Dark Side.
>>
>>52780193
The galaxy needed peace keepers.

But the Jedi kept the peace at any cost. They let the Trade Federation and the Hutts prosper. They chose to overlook "polite" injustice and blatant corruption in favour of stability. They sold their souls for peace.

The republic didn't draw them into a war. They were eager to go, eager to forget their ideological conflict and turmoil in pursuit of a "just cause".
>>
File: warden-for honor.png (106KB, 364x650px) Image search: [Google]
warden-for honor.png
106KB, 364x650px
>>52779924
A uniform armor configuration? Probably not, outside of very extreme SHTF situations. But I'd argue that it's perfectly cool to let Jedi wear what they want. Different cultures, different environments, different needs. Remember, they're not just monks or diplomats. They're also knights and samurai. It's also statistically inevitable that a Jedi will, at some point in his career, end up being sent to an armed conflict that is already in progress. Can't do the job if you're taken out by shrapnel or a sniper.
>>
File: LightsaberCrystal-SWE.png (97KB, 200x362px) Image search: [Google]
LightsaberCrystal-SWE.png
97KB, 200x362px
>>52780073
>>52780153
>>52780209

That guy. Here is my take: when the Jedi become agents of the Republic, and indeed by deferring to any authority other than Force itself, they undermine their primary role of maintaining balance in the Force.

An order of wizard-cops is cool, but they can't then claim to be upholding the will of the Force if they're beholden to the laws and limitations of a transient government.

As for why lightsabers confound the Jedi's role further, the Force should, both practically and as a matter of emergent philosophy, be the only aid that a Jedi needs to maintain balance throughout the galaxy. While a neat enough multi-tool at times, the lightsaber is without a doubt a weapon, and it has garnered the Jedi a bloody history. "The sword itself incites to violence", as they say.
>>
>>52780173
They are jedi hunters.

Being political KGB was maybe something like in early Legends.

http://eleven-thirtyeight.com/2015/01/the-eu-explains-special-edition-the-inquisitorius/
http://www.starwars.com/news/nobody-expects-the-imperial-inquisition

These 2 articles goes into detail how they developed throughout the history of the franchise.
>>
>>52780229
Exactly. They never should have allowed the hutts or the TF to prosper. Because the republic told them they couldn't. (Corruption at high)
The force promises balance and peace if followed. The republic promises prosperity and security. While those goals can line up, they don't always.
>>
>>52780256
So, cool fact time.

The famous verse you're obviously thinking of is Matthew 26:52.

>Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

That's a good, solid verse. But it's also a pun/wordplay, and since this is Star Wars, it's therefore relevant.

http://aramaicnt.org/articles/he-who-lives-by-the-sword/

>For everyone who took up a sword, by a sword (OR “in the end”) they shall die.

Neat, eh?
>>
>>52764115
What kind of pay scale should an Imperial officer get? Is there some resource that I can find that in?
>>
>>52780374
How the fuck is "Everyone Dies in the end" and "Everyone gets stabbed to death" remotely the same thing? What the heck Matthew? Write clearly.
>>
>>52780374
I'm sorry, but that's not what I was quoting.

"The sword itself incites to violence"; "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence"; and other similar translations stems from Homer's Odyssey, and is intended to be very much a warning against the perceived inevitability of violence when one arms themselves for the occasion.
>>
>>52780406
It's not unclear.

You can read it as "If you take up the sword, you are going to die (by the sword)". Walk a violent path and meet a violent end.

But you can simultaneously read it as "If you take up the sword, you are going to die. We're all going to die. Everyone dies. Even I will die, in a few hours, when you nail me to a couple of sticks on a hill."

There's quite a lot to unpack there. The double-meaning is, if we believe the blog author and his sources, which I'm inclined to do, intentional. It's not a case of unclear language. It's a case of deliberate wordplay to convey two ideas in one sentence. The meanings aren't contradictory either - they're cumulative.
>>
>>52779879
Nah, too magical realm for star wars
>>
>>52780349
But were the Jedi even in a position to take on the Trade Federation on their own? Or the Hutts, for that matter? And did they even have the resources, knowledge, and clout to ensure that the aftermath would have been to their liking? Would the OJO have been able to deal with the ensuing power vacuum and power struggle caused by taking down the Hutts? The Jedi are still constrained by their numbers and resources. They're an NGO, not a nation. Who's to say that they could survive taking on the Hutts or Trade Federation without Republic backing?
>>
>>52779116
for ora, see what you can find on any warden of the sky, legends. i know they were in the saga books, but that sounds like him
>>
File: 3o6MbbP2cqtTQtNL0Y.gif (4MB, 480x366px) Image search: [Google]
3o6MbbP2cqtTQtNL0Y.gif
4MB, 480x366px
>>52780458
Aww fuck, I should have got that. Sorry Homer. Should have caught that. The translation is perhaps a little odd though. I've traditionally read Odyssey 16.294 as "Iron, by itself,
can draw a man to use it."

Not sure which translation your verse is from but it's still apt as heck.
>>
File: Oola-1.jpg (287KB, 1920x822px) Image search: [Google]
Oola-1.jpg
287KB, 1920x822px
>>52780480
>Nah, too magical realm for star wars

Really? For STAR WARS? Come on!
>>
>>52780484
This. Trying to be world police is as much against the Jedi code as bending over for politics. The only time they should be taking up arms en-mass is when something like a Sith Empire tears it's head.
>>
>>52780514
Oh damn, that's fucking awesome. Yes, he's a Warden now.
>>
>>52780267
>>52780203
So there's no reason they would be in my game, if none of my players are force sensitive, got it.
I want to make an imperial officer rival for my party, I should go ISB, probably? Maybe a ship commander if they wanna go piloty? the local base/ garrison commander if they're hyper local?
What have you guys done, /tg/?
>>
>>52780484
I don't think that the Jedi, absent of their commitment to the Republic, would have the mandate to interfere with the Hutts or the Trade Federation. Beyond keeping balance within the Force, the Jedi have no inherent obligation to uphold any measure of peace, or framework of justice.

Until the emergence of corruption within the Force, the Jedi would presumably occupy themselves with meditation and reaching further connection with the Force. Not quite as exciting for a space opera, though.
>>
>>52780623
Widespread injustice wounds the force, or at least increases the likeliness of it being wounded.
>>
File: Not_Authorized_Here_Intensifies.jpg (72KB, 641x400px) Image search: [Google]
Not_Authorized_Here_Intensifies.jpg
72KB, 641x400px
>>52777332

They got bored and left and their changes were reverted.

Anyone have some good canon stormtrooper stories? Preferably of times they don't act like jerks?
>>
>>52780646
>injustice

That presumes a legal framework, or a more primordial notion of "wrongness". Does the Star Wars galaxy have objective morality now? Because what is or is not a manifestation of the Dark Side does not conflate with an objective right and wrong.
>>
>>52780095
>>52780114

Naw, I mean races with claws and stuff. usually a +1 to brawl attacks, and a crit of 3. That, combined with a maxxed out martial artist tree, gives crit 1, and lets you spend strain to choose from 80+% of the crit table. (when making unarmed attacks, so no knucks or vambraces)

Although, just getting to 2nd-tier precision strike lets you pick Overpowered, and get a 2nd attack in. (with any brawn or melee, leaving a ton more options for weapons).
>>
>>52780680
NuCanon? No, not really. We've had NuCanon imperial pilots in a magazine article that's about it.

>>52780727
Suffering leads to shitty emotions.
>>
File: mc902_001[2].jpg (30KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mc902_001[2].jpg
30KB, 1024x768px
>>52780727
>Does the Star Wars galaxy have objective morality now?

Let's see... Space Opera, based on Flash Gordon and radio serials.

I'm going to say "yes." Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>52780597
Over a long campaign, we fought against an ISB agent. Humiliated him when we snuck a shit ton of weapons through his check point and he wouldn't let it drop. He eventually took control of an ISD and tried to hunt us down at every turn.
We had a great final showdown caught between rebels and him. We had unintentionally lead the rebels into a trap set by him, and he let us go. Gave a great line about how he was a directionless agent before us and we gave him purpose. Told us if he ever saw us again, we get a face full of turbo laser.
>>
>>52780768
MC902? That just looks like the MC80 variant that got blasted by the DS2.
>>
>>52780623
>Until the emergence of corruption within the Force, the Jedi would presumably occupy themselves with meditation and reaching further connection with the Force.
I'm not so sure about that. While they may not be able/willing to fuck with galactic power blocs like the Hutts, I can see Jedi walking the beat to keep themselves occupied. The Force is in all of us, and part of preserving the balance is maintaining the well-being of the people. They'd be the space equivalent of Old West lawmen, knight-errants, or heroic wandering samurai, keeping the peace in their own small ways until the call comes. Plus, there's the agricorps, archaeologists, scholars, etc. I can definitely see those guys going out and about.

When I see RotJ Luke, I don't see a guy who would coop himself up in a NEET cave to contemplate holocrons. I see a guy who'd be out on the Rim fixing moisture vaporators for colonists, scaring off pirates, and sharing a drink with the common folk. Connecting to the Force isn't just about meditation. Sometimes, it's about being a part of the life that infuses the galaxy. A Jedi who has lost his connection to the people is a Prequel Jedi, and a Prequel Jedi is doomed to failure.
>>
>>52774684
Yeah, well, i told GM that Force is last choice in terms of weapons. I was planning to finish bottom talents in exile tree and focus on main specialization and signatures.
>>
>>52780735
Unfortunately, suffering is out of the hands of the Jedi, and anyone else for that matter. I'm willing to entertain the idea that since all living things generate energy within the Living Force, that even the experiences of those without profound connection to the Force can impact its balance; but the galaxy still operates within natural cycles of predators and prey, of cause and effect, and of resource scarcity.

Even if the Jedi, or a power greater than the Jedi, could ensure complete contentment for all living creatures across the galaxy, this could only continue until every available resource was exhausted, leading to widescale starvation, death, and as an inevitable byproduct, suffering. The Jedi can tend to the balance of the Force in its use, but they can't be utopians.
>>
>>52780374
There also exists in Taoist thought that to regard your weapons well leads to their use. Violence begets violence is a universally recognized truism.
>>
>>52780374
>>52780854
I like the idea of don't pick up a weapon, but what about when someone decides they don't like you, and pick up a sword themselves? Just roll and accept it?
>>
>>52780594
I still want to play a warden some day. Are they in any nucannon sources? or even legends besides the saga book?
>>
>>52780772
How powerful is the isb? Is dealing with the rebellion specifically their job? or is it everyone's post yavin?
>>
>>52780882
Taoism would tell you to keep your blade well maintained, the Way is not well regarded by all men.
>>
>>52780792
I think you're right about RotJ Luke, but I think that's due to being mentored by Jedi who were trained and active during the Order's downfall. I don't have any conceptual problem with cold, distant Jedi whose focus is rooted in their philosophy. I just think they forsook their commitments once they started backing particular governments. I think that in their purest adherence to serving the Force, a Jedi would render unto Chancellor what is Chancellor's, and render unto the Force what is the Force's.
>>
File: battledragon_002[1].jpg (41KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
battledragon_002[1].jpg
41KB, 1024x768px
>>52780882
Well, that's where philosophy runs into problems.

If Vader chops off one arm, offer him the other. At least, that's what some people might say.

There are other interpretations
>>52780928

Point is, if you build your moral high ground out of bricks like peace and the sanctity of life, it all comes crashing down if you pick up the sword. If you don't, nobody can touch you, but you're going to fucking die.

Then again,
>>52780474
that's inevitable.
>>
>>52780913
Decently powerful. They do internal affairs as well, so they don't answer to a lot of people. I should say, when the villain took control of the ISD, he was no longer ISB really. They don't really have a navy. A large portion of their job is rooting out rebels. But yeah, post-yavin thats what everyone does.
>>
>>52780882
If the Jedi really honed in on being manifestations of the Force's will, then the protective and coercive influence of the Force should be all that they need to defend themselves and correct disturbances in the Force itself. OT Vader and Yoda, and the implication made by Palpatine, suggest that the lightsaber is a knightly accouterment, and pales in comparison to the power of an individual connected to the Force.
>>
File: han and chewie.jpg (262KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
han and chewie.jpg
262KB, 1920x816px
>>52781023
How does the Force compare to YT-1300s?
>>
>>52781051
No match for a good blaster?
>>
>>52764115
Thread theme
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z_NdBiLlVl8
>>
File: fire emblem weapon triangle.jpg (55KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
fire emblem weapon triangle.jpg
55KB, 900x900px
>>52781069
>Blaster defeats Force
>Force defeats lightsaber
>Lightsaber defeats blaster
At last, I truly see. The galaxy is one big game of rock paper scissors. Or Fire Emblem.
>>
File: ydjb9.jpg (55KB, 480x380px) Image search: [Google]
ydjb9.jpg
55KB, 480x380px
>>52781116
>not playing Rock Walker Ewok

Pleb tier.
>>
>>52781051
It's hard to say in the new canon's relative infancy. Sounds like it's worth exploring, though.

That said, a dedicated Jedi is going to be steeped in doctrine on the Will of the Force anyway, so they're probably going to be more likely to accept that it was always their fate to be vaporized by a freighter.

I have enjoyed talking about Star Wars tonight, and I hope I find cause to do so again tomorrow.
>>
>>52778801
You can definitely win with swarm. The hardest part will just be learning to fly together effectively. Focus your fire, get as many actions/dice mods as possible, block where you can.

I don't think swarm will be winning too many high level events just because there's lots of heavy hitters running around that can one-shot ties easily and swarms are a bit susceptible to dice.
>>
>>52781147
It's more Treetrunk Walker Ewok.
>>
File: Hang_glider_btm.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hang_glider_btm.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>52781428
Nah. Worse mouthfeel.
>>
>>52781447
But the only two AT-ST kills not scored by Chewie's Hijacked AT-ST were with treetrunks, either the double trunk trap and the or the log roll.
>>
Are Emperor's Hands still canon? What's the operational difference between a Hand and an Inquisitor?
>>
>>52781471
They are canon in name only. No real details besides Gar Saxxon being one.
>>
File: andrea-mancarella-palpatine-01.jpg (219KB, 1920x976px) Image search: [Google]
andrea-mancarella-palpatine-01.jpg
219KB, 1920x976px
>>52781471
>Are Emperor's Hands still canon?

Yes. Some say he had a left one, and a right one, and had very clean fingernails.
>>
>>52781655
You win an internets.

You get a second for the dubs.
>>
>>52781665
5 for each hand.
>>
>>52781471

This is a guess but I think the difference is that Inquisitors are strong in the force, but not very well trained(ahsoka can beat one with no weapon and he was also outsmarted by a four year old, and they're not much good against anyone with real skill). Emperors hands are probably weaker in the force but have better training.

One of the things NuCanon has been emphasizing for the last couple of years is that someone can believe in the force and even use a few low level techniques without being force sensitive, or very powerful in the force. Chirrut Imwe can dodge shots while blinded similar to Luke on the Falcon, but he's not strong enough to lift objects or do mind tricks or anything beyond just explore one or two very minor tricks to their logical extreme.

Lightsaber combat and direct force power was never the main thing an emperor hand needed. Their main skill was not being known by anyone except the upper echelons and having access to resources and codes most people wouldn't know about, with the rest being secondary.

One of the things Pablo mentioned a couple of years ago is that the Inquisitorius is as far as the emperor would allow things to go outside Vader. So I wouldn't expect anyone super powerful to show up.
>>
>>52781673
One for each finger.
>>
>>52781471
Hands' specialization seems to pure undetected undercover, of the sort that simply slips by without any interaction with anyone. They don't seduce, they don't con, nothing. all they do is slide past everything on the basis of being unremarkable in their role.
They do deep quiet infiltrations, like the janitor who hears important things, or the dancer who each elite assumes to be another, lesser's mistress without realizing that the hand isn't anyone's at all
The idea is that they couldn't be picked out of their chosen crowd in a million years, and between that and the force, they are the very best for the most ticklish of Imperial intrigues and undercover infiltrations
>>
>>52781678
That's basically how I am doing with my Hand in my campaign. His job is to take care of Jedi artifacts, relics, and historical sites, so he needs access to top secret information, and is trusted as a witness to them before he slaughters all other witnesses and collectors.

He's got an archaic protosaber, which he picked up on his travels, that he's modified into a retrosaber. But zero force talent. He's only a Hand because that unquestioned authority is needed in his investigations and hunts.

His main jobs were to infiltrate the crews of people collecting Jedi artifacts and exploring Jedi sites and whatnot - in the campaign, a pirate crew - and eliminate the competitors while taking the prize for the Emperor.
>>
File: 4884902-8527590616-lake-.jpg (301KB, 1920x1094px) Image search: [Google]
4884902-8527590616-lake-.jpg
301KB, 1920x1094px
So I recently rewatched The Empire Strikes Back, and Yoda's bit about not judging him by his size kinda struck me for a weird reason.

I've commonly heard that having cybernetics makes it harder to do Force stuff. But why? Ultimately, it's not about the hands that you reach out with. It's about being able to touch the Force around you in your mind.

So is there any canon reason why having robot parts make you any weaker a Force user?
>>
>>52781851
I would suppose that it's really more about physically anchoring yourself to the world of meat and metal, in a very literal sense, than anything less metaphysical
>>
>>52781851
Same reason wearing a mask makes you a better Dark Side user.

Detachment. Freeing yourself from the flow of life. For a masked Dark Side user, it's about the anonymity and the terror. Cybernetics cut you off further, mentally. How can a hand that no longer feels reach into the Force? How can a heart that no longer beats sense emotions? If you whittle yourself away, you whittle away your mental image as a living being.
>>
>>52781904
>How can a hand that no longer feels reach into the Force? How can a heart that no longer beats sense emotions? If you whittle yourself away, you whittle away your mental image as a living being.

This seems like a matter of perspective though. Raising your hand to do something Force related is an illusion. None of your actual strength goes into it, it's just about being able to visualize yourself doing it. With sufficient practice, you wouldn't need any gestures at all. You reach out with your mind, not your hand.
>>
File: maul[1].jpg (162KB, 1000x584px) Image search: [Google]
maul[1].jpg
162KB, 1000x584px
>>52781925
Precisely.

But people are very good at being stuck in the world of matter. There are entire religions dedicated to getting rid of the idea, and they succeed only in the rarest and most celebrated cases. It's a tricky problem, telling meat to forget that it is meat.
>>
>>52781851
Acceptance.

If you use cybernetics, you're not accepting your loss, or moving past it. You're clinging onto the image of what you were. Not what you are now.
>>
>>52781940
I suppose, but we aren't really meat. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. It's not about forgetting, it's about remembering.
>>
File: 1256586957754.jpg (578KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1256586957754.jpg
578KB, 1600x1200px
>>52781977
Ah, I see you've got your proper GM mysticism hat on. Excellent work.
>>
>>52781904
While I think I understand the mysticism "cybernetics detach you" theme I am glad having cybernetics doesn't have any kind of impact in games like F&D.

Because in a situation like:
Character motivated by protecting innocents has his character dive ontop of a frag grenade to stop bystandards from getting mulched.
He takes the blast, in the process he saves several civilians that would have been killed, but loses both legs and most of his chest cavity. After spending months inside of bacta tanks and the efforts of several dedicated medical practitioners he has miraculous cybernetics installed that allow him to function like a normal person.
Is overcoming a grievous injury with cybernetics really the path to "the dark side;" and would the light sided path be just to have him accomplish nothing by bleeding out in that crater or spending the rest of his life on a gurney in some convalescence home?
As a player I'd just get salty and confused by what seems like the setting having a built in arbitrarily sanctimonious opposition to crippled people overcoming their disabilities.
>>
>>52781851
>>52781891
>>52781904
I think we're all forgetting the most logical reason: dude midichlorians lmao
>>
File: 1492486818503.jpg (72KB, 550x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492486818503.jpg
72KB, 550x900px
>>52782224
Well, yes. In F&D, the system isn't designed to accomodate this.

But in Fate Core, which I use, it is. A serious injury is an Extreme Consequence. It overwrites one of your 5 Aspects. It remakes you as a person.

That Aspect you relied on? Gone. Replaced with "Scarred and Deformed".

It has nothing to do with light or dark, and everything to do with your character changing. Maybe "Scarred and Deformed" isn't invokable for healing Force uses, like your former Aspect, but it might help with Will-based tests.

So... that's handy?
>>
>>52782234
>>
File: EP6_ILM_1971.jpg (148KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
EP6_ILM_1971.jpg
148KB, 1200x675px
>>52782286
BUT WHO'S TO JUDGE
THE LIGHT FROM DARK
WHEN THE SHIELD IS DOWN
I THINK WE'LL BOTH AGREEEEE
>>
>>52781851
I mean good luck using force lightning if you have robot hands, other than that I see no issue, The two potential chosen ones had a hand cut off and it didnt seem to dampen either of their skills.
>>
File: tannhauser_gate.jpg (162KB, 1000x602px) Image search: [Google]
tannhauser_gate.jpg
162KB, 1000x602px
>>52782525
>I mean good luck using force lightning if you have robot hands, other than that I see no issue

Pretty sure force lightning doesn't have anything to do with electricity. It made a man's skeleton glow through his body. It's clearly Evil Space Wizardry.
>>
>>52781508
>>52781678
>>52781802
Thanks Anons!

>>52781655
Oh you
>>
>>52777726
That's gross, she can't have kinks for her dad
>>
>>52782909
Why not? On a scale of 1-3 Lannisters, how incest-prone do you think the Skywalkers are?
Thread posts: 392
Thread images: 92

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.