[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best class for a solo game of DnD 5e?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1489304933229.jpg (98KB, 657x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489304933229.jpg
98KB, 657x900px
What's the best class for a solo game of DnD 5e?
>>
>>52762649
Depends on the game.
Usually, bard is a safe guess though.
>>
>>52762649

I will say that Paladin is a solid choice in my opinion.
>>
Be a variant human. Take Diplomat as your feat: http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-SkillFeats.pdf

Be a paladin of the Oath of Redemption: http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAThreeSubclasses.pdf

By level 3, with Charisma modifier +3, you can have Persuasion +7. That goes up to +12 with Channel Divinity (Emissary of Peace).

Take a level in mystic. Choose the Order of the Nomad. Mantle of Joy, Nomadic Mind, and Third Eye. Dedicate your psionic focus to the Mantle of Joy for advantage on all Charisma (Persuasion) checks.

http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA_Downtime.pdf
Spend your time carousing and making as many friends as possible with your reliably high Charisma (Persuasion), and then get them to do your dirty work.
>>
Bump, going to be in a solo game soon and I was wondering about Barbarian or Druid. Never played 5E.
>>
If you're talking being able to fill the roles of most of the classes with one class, wildshape druid is usually pretty good at that.

If you're talking for story I'd probably say paladin since you won't have the chaotic stupid party members to deal with in an actual game
>>
Wild shape druid, Warlock, Wizard, Bard.

Those classes are all flexible and can do just about anything.
>>
>>52762649
I've always liked the idea of a druid or wizard solo wandering through the woods and making friends with the woodland critters or else collecting rare academical ingredients for her spells and potions.
>>
Pally or Druid
>>
Any character works if you have a good DM who tailors things. Crime drama for rogues, Harry Potter shit for Wizards, knightly crusades for Paladin, gritty mercenary soldiering for fighter, etc.

If you are worried about filling all the roles solo, it's bard. They can fight, poorly. They can cast spells, but more limited than wizard. They can heal, but are laughable compared to Cleric. They can buff... other party members. They aren't good in the wilderness though.
>>
>>52762649
Best solo game I played was a rogue.
It wasn't 5e tho. But there's some good advantages to a solo rogue game.

>No need to worry about noisy pc's fucking up your stealth
>no worry about using your rogue skills (rob a shopkeeper, no one lectures you)
> Gotta make a grey-area kill? No one is offended
>Keep 100% of the loot
>>
>>52762649
Heroic fantasy, gritty fantasy or ERP?
>>
>>52769658
What's that, you want details? Fine.

I was a rogue that worked for a low-mid lv wizard, stealing him ingredients material for his creations. I had a salary and a room to stay in. And the protection of a decent mage. He'd often load me up with bags of holding and 1 shot invis items to make my thefts easier. I'd steal shit, then sell it to a few merchants that i'd made contact with. All in all, it was very fun.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.