[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

getting back into yugioh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: draft565657435-1-1.jpg (118KB, 356x407px) Image search: [Google]
draft565657435-1-1.jpg
118KB, 356x407px
Whats a good way to get back into yugioh?

I played it awhile back but then stopped and after 12 years i want to get back into the game
>>
>>52760111
Don't.
>>
>>52760111
With a noose or hot lead
>>
File: draft63499362-1-1.jpg (120KB, 312x454px) Image search: [Google]
draft63499362-1-1.jpg
120KB, 312x454px
>>52760135
>>52760138
What the hell happened to it?!?!
>>
>>52760111
>>52760193

If you really want to get back into the game, I'd suggest picking up a free PDF of the current rules at http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf , taking a look through it all, and deciding for yourself whether this interests you.
>>
>>52760212
I may not go all out competitive but I'll use it
>>
>>52760193
The pendulum zone.
>>
>>52760193
endless power creep
like a 4th way to special summon
>>
>>52760193
XYZ, Synchro, cards which need a fucking microscope to read they have so much goddamn text.
>>
>>52760111
If you want to get back into YGO, scrounge up $20, buy Legacy of the Duelist. If you want, buy some of the DLC. That game will save you endless amounts of cash if you want to get back into the game casually. And if you don't like the way things are now, well, you're only out 20 bucks.
>>
Play Duel Links, it will scratch the nostalgia itch pretty well.
>>
Important question: do you have some chill IRL friends that used to play yugioh? If yes, get them to join in with you. Go check out some underused archetypes and just have fun. The competitive scene is beyond toxic and filled with thieving autistic neckbeards.

tl;dr find some weird cards, make decks based off them, and play as if you're a shitty side character in the show
>>
>>52762492
Pretty much this, I'd especially recommend going to the Duel Network general on >>>/vg/ or checking out the YGO Reddit page for interesting combos and strategies.
>>
>>52762492
>play as if you're a shitty side character in the show
My hair isn't ridiculous enough for that
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.