[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has no one ever made rogue trader vidya?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: RT_Crew_disembark.jpg (530KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
RT_Crew_disembark.jpg
530KB, 773x1000px
Juse think about it.

>Open world rogue trader game
>Start off with nothing but a small dinky ship and a Imperial Warrant of Trade.
>Go and explore the galaxy
>Play it safe and stick to the good parts or take risks and head into the areas around the fringe or near the eye of terror.
>Combine Battlefleet Gothic's space combat and Xcom's ground combat.
>Manage your resources and crew
>Assign trusted crew members to be captains in your expanding fleet
>Amass a team of badasses
>Be a diplomat, merchant, preacher, gun for hire, smuggler, whatever
>Borders will shift and change over time affecting your trade routes and partners
>"Oh shit that planet I use as a pitstop is being rekt by jeanstealers, should I still make port and risk one of my crew becoming an jeanstealer?"
>Get better weapons to outfit your soldiers with
>Become a badass.

And there's still SO much more that could be done in a game like that. Switch sides, work with chaos or the fish. Become a preacher and get to be buddies with the inquisition, meet exotic and intresting people and then shoot/talk/trade with them.

WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN DONE?!
>>
Why do that when you can make another cowadoody
>>
Imagine a game in which,
pay attention guys,
a game in which you could do anything
>>
>>52754382
Because such a game would require lots of resources to be well done and Rogue Traders(as well as pretty much everything not containing space marines shooting at stuff in large amounts) aren't a too popular part of 40k lore among masses
>>
File: Tarn_Adams.jpg (18KB, 220x261px) Image search: [Google]
Tarn_Adams.jpg
18KB, 220x261px
>>52754456

Anon, if only you knew...
>>
File: 20160922_151254.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160922_151254.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
>>52754579
My man.
>>
>>52754399
>Every game is call of duty

Shit, I didn't realize I stepped into a time warp to 2011, because in 2017 everybody wants to make open-world action-adventures with gratuitous crafting.
>>
>>52754382
Closest game I know of is X3: Terran Conflict. It's space-only, though.
>>
I want a good travelling merchant sim so fucking badly. One where the market forces aren't just RNG, and there are shifting currencies, borders and laws to take into account.
>>
>>52757887
Once again, closest one I know of is X3: Terran Conflict or Albion Prelude. Both have minor border wars where the border can shift a few sectors at a time. Some goods are illegal in certain areas and you have to be mindful when traveling what you have in your hold. The currencies are all the same, though.

You could also look into The Guild. I never really got far into that, but it's pretty detailed and you can supposedly do just about anything if you have the imagination for it.
>>
>>52756106
Sorry, I'm out of the video games loop.
>>
>>52754382
>no one ever made
>ignores futurama
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.