[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k Roleplay General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 34

File: Tgdhcover.jpg (73KB, 383x498px) Image search: [Google]
Tgdhcover.jpg
73KB, 383x498px
>http://messiahcide.deviantart.com/gallery/61600232/Mandragora-Apocrypha
>new good homebrew shit found

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Why did FFG lose the 40k RPG License?
Because they were bought by Asmodee that caused some sort of licensing conflict.

>Will GW make their own 40k RPGs now?
Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than you could possibly imagine.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
>Now in Homebrew megafolder

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.10) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.4) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)

Old Thread: >>52666912

Is homebrew the future?
>>
File: 5.jpg (87KB, 340x624px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
87KB, 340x624px
>First time GMing Only War
>Throw ork mobs at players
>Orks lose because Leman Russ
>Throw a traitor Valkyrie with only heavy bolters and a single lascannon at them, no support
>Used the stats from pic related
>Almost TPK'ed trying to bring the bird down, tank is heavily damaged but can still run at least.

I wanted to make my players sweat but jeez. How do you guys go about deciding what constitutes a "level-appropriate" encounter for an Only War game.
>>
>>52748970
Trial and error. Also, flexible gamemastering and not leaving everything to the stats and dice. Close shave with TPK is actually appropriate.
>>
>>52748618
The Mandragora Apochyrpha, as may be obvious, is nowhere near completion and the main writer is in debate with a few of us over quite a few rules at the moment, but it's still coming along, if slowly.
>>
>>52749016
It seems obvious, there will be some psyker stuff. And hopefully some radical stuff.

Still, with the base of DH2, it could be the system of all systems.
>>
>>52748970
Amazing that they would be able to bring it down considering all the penalties for firing at a flier.
>>
>>52749040
I'm not sure how much you know about the project's ongoings, but the primary writer is currently working on rules for Xenotech and non-Imperial factions. Actual psyker stuff may or may not be integrated, as the writer of that homebrew has already made a completely overhauled and massively expanded psychic system, they may just decide to include it.

As for right now, the plan is to finish the supplement for the Mandragora Sector, a (mostly) homebrew Sector that they used for their most recent long-term metacampaign, though we're trying to introduce as much useful stuff for all campaigns as possible at the same time.
>>
>>52749016
>The Mandragora Apochyrpha
Was ist los?
>>
>>52749048
It would've been doing strafing runs but the gunner managed to RF and cause the Valkyrie to get Motive Systems Impaired status effect. It also kept failing it's tests so it just stayed floating in one spot. 30 frontal and side armor made it pretty hairy, the players even had a couple shots completely bounce off while the Valkyrie's lascannon keep penetrating the tank front armor easily. One of the highlights was the Sergeant managing to also land a Righteous Fury and blow off some of it's armor.

>>52748993
Yeah I'm learning this stuff as I go and it's been an experience. One of the players are co-DM'ing in regards to helping the other players roll and find stats because the books are so unwieldy.
Finding out that Formation rules exist in Enemies of the Imperium was an emperor-send.
>>
>>52749196
>>
We should do a big homebrew gear book. Some odd bits and bobs and the fluff that goes with it.
>>
File: DAMN SON.jpg (49KB, 744x419px) Image search: [Google]
DAMN SON.jpg
49KB, 744x419px
>>52749588

>Vol. III is about the new and other gamelines Mechanicus stuff in DH2

Lots of it is apparently copied word for word from Mars Needs Women. There's some new stuff in there, though, which seems neat, but damn, the copy paste is real.
>>
>>52749775
Along with some traits and cybernetics that were considered exclusive in the books they originally appeared in.

The art and OC the writer uses is also somewhat grating.
>>
>>52749775
Yeah, especially the new Skitarii/Cult Mechanicus/Mechanicum30k gear. But there is a lot of things updated from the older editions.
>>
>>52749814
Vol II has some ship-unique facilities, as gilded hull
>>
>>52749855
>gilded hull

That's from Lure of the Expanse, actually. It's not OC either.
>>
>>52749855
One of the most stand-out issues I have with the book is the choice to even include the Sarcosan Wave Generator to the cybernetics.

Especially as a "only" Near-unique.
>>
>>52749588

I swear, everyone wants to do stuff for the Mechanicus getting new toys but I almost never see homebrew for the Ecclessiarchy.
>>
>>52749906

Ecclesiarchy haven't had new material for them in almost 15 years. Everything that already exists is statted already in the main lines.
>>
>>52749906
That's because fedora tippers aren't interested in the literally thousands of extremely unique relics and reliquaries the Ecclesiarchy has in it's vaults, from the arms and armor of various saints, to little trinkets from martyrs, to truly potent items of unknown providence.
They think like >>52749943, that it is more fun to create new things that don't exist for the mechanicus because wacky science and that the Ecclesiarchy "doesn't have anything that hasn't been statted".
>>
>>52749963

The ecclesiarchy is mostly "bless X gun / sword." The rest is relics that are GM dependent, and due to the factionalized nature of the ecclesiarchy, one man's holy relic is another's iconoclasm. The mechanicus stuff all exists, standardized across all forge worlds, but the line died before it could be officially statted.
>>
>>52750018
>standardized across all forge worlds
A lie, otherwise you wouldn't have items that are expressly patterned on certain forge worlds and entirely absent on others, Ryza pattern anything, for example.
Shit, half of the gear that isn't standard weapons from the Witchhunters codex has never been statted out.
>The ecclesiarchy is mostly "bless X gun / sword."
This is the erroneous mindset that I'm talking about.
>>
>>52750074
>A lie

Oh, you're one of those people who never moved on from 3rd edition. Carry on then. You have my pity.
>>
What which Deathwatch book can you find the chapter creation tables?
>>
>>52749963
This reminds me

Post Relics that have appeared or were created in your games!

One of my PCs achieved Sainthood by martyring himself with two meltabombs against an ascending Daemon Prince. The only things to remain of him were his half-melted handcannon and lho stick case, both of which are now important saintly relics.
>>
>>52750091
>Oh, you're one of those people who never moved on from 3rd edition
>cherrypicks his lore
Yes, lets ignore how the vast majority of the equipment in DH1e was exclusive to the sector and literally said so in plain language, or that the codices themselves say that the common knowledge of one forge world is a sacred mystery to another.
Keep revealing how much your /tg/ headcanon is at the root of your decisions.
>>
>>52750117

That's all old. The new stuff is all standardized, and though it's primarily because GW needs to sell models, the various patterns are just alterations of standardized gear available to all forge worlds.
>>
>>52750106
Anyone? I don't want to download all the books just to look for it, I just need that book that has it.
>>
>>52749890
I kinda plan on using the Sarcosan Wave Generator in my campaign, long before I have found MA.

But yeah, availibility is all over the place. As it is in almost all the homebrew stuff.
>>
>>52749943
>>52749963

I wonder, do we have DH stats for old Inquisitor BftES relics, as Blade of Admonition, or Axe of Retribution?
>>
>>52750222
>Axe of Retribution
That is in DH2e Enemies Within. Not really as potent as it's Inquisitor incarnation, it's real claim to fame is being a great weapon you can use lightning attack with.
>>
>>52750206
There's nothing wrong with simply using one in a campaign, of course. It's just the fact that it was included on a Dark Heresy acquisition table that has me worried. It's not really an item that players should have access to without a huge amount of GM consideration.

The writer of MA may not fully understand the concept of tech-heresy.
>>
>>52750181
Even the new fluff is only part of the all fluff. Your own conversions, so your own non-standard stuff is encouraged, so as "canon" as the "codex".

You know:
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Canon
>>
>>52750252
Must be the real thing. Alongside the St Sabbats cutlery and Sebastian Thors left testicle.
>>
>>52750294
Like Halo device? *pokerface*
>>
Longtime GM of mine mentioned that he might want to run an Only War game soon, but my experience with 40k is pretty much limited to the dawn of war games. What are some resources that can help me understand the setting bit better, novels, lore, etc.?
>>
Which level I need to be to kill the Emperor?
>>
>>52750360
The Emperor is beyond the need for levels
>>
>>52750360
Daemonic Possesion by Drachyen. Or Pact. First, you need to free him from Abaddon thou.
>>
>>52750339
I believe a Halo Device might be the better of the two, assuming the player agrees, of course.
>>
>>52750349
Long version:
>http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Imperial_Guard_(Novel_Series)
>http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Gaunt%27s_Ghosts_(Novel_Series)

Short version:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKIAMAqGNIY

Also, read Imperial Infantrymans Uplifting Primer and follow Regimental Standard
>>
>>52750451
Well, I do GM a campaign set on Sarcosa (combination of Grim Fandango, Planescape Torment, True Detective, with spices of Narcos and Tropa de Elite), so Wave generator was kind of no-brainer (my players do not read DH and HH fluff)
>>
How does the Noosphere work?
>>
>>52750509
I can only hope you changed it to a Unique acquisition rating, and are prepared to balance the campaign for players who don't manage to get one.
You could also send some Mechanicus forces/assassins to deal with the now fairly powerful hereteks.

>>52750540
It's like social networking mixed with augmented reality, data transmission can actually be seen moving through the air. It's also able to wirelessly interface with most machines.
>>
>>52748970
It is difficult, and sometimes the rules in Only War (as RAW) make things a little weird.
Last fight, my players were pinned down behind a small house, and a crashed flatbed truck, taking fire from a sniper, another house with a fireteam, and a rooftop Hvy. Weapons team.
Anyway, commissar dropped smoke, and charged across an open area, with some NPC mooks, Using a full run action, ending in concealment.
That is a -40 modifier on BS-tests. Might as well not roll for any of the baddies.
I should've houseruled that firing into the smoke would have a significant chance to hit SOMEONE, even if it missed their target, but I didn't improvise that at the time.

Also, if you are untrained in Awareness, and have a somewhat regular PE (say 31-35), you are comedically poor at spotting things, for a supposedly trained soldier.
Like +30-test on awareness says "detecting a tank coming towards you" - and with a 31 PE and untrained, you are failing at that 59% of the time.
>>
>>52750108
I am planning to have my party Operator find a small necklace or other thing, as a sort of gift from a locally worshipped saint.

I was thinking to basically stat it as a quality 5/10 deflector shield, or something similar.
But with a fluff-component. Say he gets shot, and fails his dodge-roll, but the charm saves him
>"Running for cover, you stumble on a loose rock and fall on your face, immediately hearing the impact of a round where your head was mere seconds ago"
Or that sort of thing.
Basically just a small boost to your odds of not getting murdered.
>>
>>52750579
I do not plan on giving it to the players at this stage anytime soon, but I do like my possibilities open. It is a nice thing to tempt the Puritan Thorians.
>>
>>52750580
The enemies could have fired Suprressive Fire at him. If they can't hit, may as well pin at least.
>>
>>52750580
>That is a -40 modifier on BS-tests. Might as well not roll for any of the baddies.
>I should've houseruled that firing into the smoke would have a significant chance to hit SOMEONE, even if it missed their target, but I didn't improvise that at the time.
Why exactly would you do this when it would expressly work against the pcs more often than not, and defeats the purpose of things that break line of sight/effect, or enables successful assaults?
Next, you'll say that firing into a dark room means you will hit SOMEONE, even if you don't know who.
>Like +30-test on awareness says "detecting a tank coming towards you"
That would be more like a +50 or 60, anon.
>>
>>52748618
Where do Necrons keep their massive ships? Inside their tomb worlds with them?
>>
>>52750106
Rites of Battle. Honour the Chapter is also worth a look for Codex Chapters.
>>52750206
Availability can be pretty wonky in FFG's books too.
>>52750294
I'm not familiar with it, but Dark Heresy should have some of the most tech-heretical things around as options IMO. Risky options, because Radical Inquisitors get taken down by Puritans or Radicals with opposed views all the time, but I see aberrant equipment as one of the defining traits of Dark Heresy to emphasize the lure of radicalism.
>>52750360
Fuck off and die. Painfully.
>>52750650
So basically a Charm as per the old rules, but you're implementing it as a Power Field and fluffing successfully shielded hits as wild luck? That's pretty neat, but I'd keep the rating low, at 20 instead of 50 - 50 is as good as Imperial shields generally get. If you do keep the rating high, then small penalties like falling Prone on that successfully avoided headshot would be appropriate and interesting.
>>52751063
>Next, you'll say that firing into a dark room means you will hit SOMEONE, even if you don't know who.
If the room is packed full of people, yeah. There's only so many places for bullets to go, and if all of them have meat in the way, someone's getting shot.
>>Like +30-test on awareness says "detecting a tank coming towards you"
>That would be more like a +50 or 60, anon.
The book reccomended otherwise - this is why GM discretion is important, but when the GM is flustered or inexperienced we often cling to the book's flawed reccomendations.
>>52750193
You could have checked https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Deathwatch_(RPG)#Splatbooks if you were in a hurry.
>>
>>52751051
True, and maybe I should've.
>>52751063
Well, when you are firing a machinegun at a group of people charging across open ground, directly towards you, at an effective range, the chances of striking SOMEONE shouldn't be damn near zero, jsut because there is smoke and they are running.
I mean, it was a fun and heroic moment, but the fact that there was - game-mechanically, almost zero risk for them detracted from it, IMO.
>That would be more like a +50 or 60, anon
That is the given example, in the Core Rules, for a +30 modifier on awareness.
>>
>>52750650
>>52751515
Just realized that by quality you meant the shield rating. Somewhere between PR5 and 10 seems appropriate for such a relic. Will it also work for vehicles he pilots? What if he's a passenger?
>>
I don't get this only war's combat very well
>>
>>52751515
I meant for the charm to give him a 5-10 % chance of avoiding hits, not a 50%, but I forgot that it is ratingx10 or whatever.
I was gonna give him small penalties, even so. I mean... Not getting shot is pretty neat, right?
>>
>>52751515
You would be correct, Dark Heresy has plenty of options for nearly any path, but the Wave Generator is a problem in almost any context simply because it involves a long list of additional powerful stats and abilities without a single drawback. A GM giving the player Enemy (AdMech) and and some corruption won't be enough of a proper drawback. A campaign focused on finding one should also be involved.

The Halo Devices, while even more powerful typically always end with the PCs death, if not something worse.
>>
Why're there rules for playing dark eldar but none for playing Jokaero?
>>
>>52751627

because jokaero aren't sapient, and all you'd do would be fling poo at things
>>
>>52751741
>fling poo
or craft a digi-sonic weapon specifically designed to peel bananas to eat
>>
>>52751820

But the jokaero only does that if it wants to. If they're forced to do something, they fling poo or build something to escape.
>>
>>52751616
How about not giving "some", but actually getting corruption all the time? I.E. Damnation is only end?
>>
>>52751872
Halo Devices are similar in that Insanity is the only end, but that does certainly seem like one way to balance it.
>>
>>52749775

Shit. I didn't really like mars needs women, it didn't fit my feel as to what true skitarii would be. I guess the search for admech forces that match true fluff continues.

Isn't it kind of scummy, though, to just copy-paste someone else's work?
>>
>>52752349
>true fluff
I think you might mean 'headcanon.' Say what you will about R'Myr but he's autistically meticulous about adhering to the most recent codices.
Skitarii as they were once known aren't called that anymore, but if you really want Tech-Guard, look no further than Venator Crimson Guard. I believe Only War has them in Shield of Humanity, and they're just Calixis' tech-guard - individual Forges may each have their own take, so you can do as you like for your local Forge's military forces. It's a big galaxy out there; have fun with it.
>>
>>52752349
>Isn't it kind of scummy, though, to just copy-paste someone else's work?

No. Homebrew is, by definition, garbage, not worth the paper its printed on or the effort to even read. Only the official material matters in discussions. You can see this where /tg/ righteously shoots down any attempt at using homebrew. Homebrewers copying each other is just monkeys eating their own feces and passing the resulting feces as their own.
>>
>>52752621
I'd say this is for the most part true as on the whole homebrew is nearly always unbalanced or inaccurate thanks in large part to its creators not having the 'insight' into the source material required to make it really blend in a way that feels comfortable, but I'd argue there are some cases where homebrew content is a bit more acceptable, especially when those source material content creators start taking fucking lazy routes in their books like 'oh we also thought of this thing that you could do but rather than make any sort of basic skeletal outline for rules for it we'll just say use your imagination'.
>>
>>52752621
>>52752667
Also, in RPGs, if you have a decent group, it is about roleplaying, not rulesplaying. Stop thinking like a tabletop wargamer and start thinking like a roleplayer and there is a lot of inspiration in homebrew (nobody fucking forces you to use it)
>>
>>52752804
While I do agree, thinking like both at once can be a lot of fun. It's how we get Your Dudes, and armies that have a story, not just a collection of units and wargear, but tactical analysis also helps keep PCs alive to be played and hopefully achieve some of their goals.
>>
Are the ascension careers able to be taken by any starting career or are they limited entirely to the 'suggested' paths
>>
File: 38d.jpg (50KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
38d.jpg
50KB, 600x604px
>>52752621
>No. Homebrew is, by definition, garbage, not worth the paper its printed on or the effort to even read.
>>
>>52752667
>in a way that feels comfortable

this is the problem here. Everyone feels differently about things so when people post their homebrew, if it contradicts how a person feels, there will be a fight over, well, whose feels are feeliest.
>>
>>52752667
>'insight' into the source material required to make it really blend in a way that feels comfortable

Numberswise, a piece of wargear can be mathematically perfect, but if it doesn't feel right, it really doesn't matter. Homebrew we put in the OP, like Chivalry Intensifies or Mars Needs Women is there for that reason - not only were the FFG formulas cracked to an acceptable degree, but it feels relatively close to the source material, with some exceptions.
>>
File: Tiny Fluffy Kitten.jpg (40KB, 538x620px) Image search: [Google]
Tiny Fluffy Kitten.jpg
40KB, 538x620px
>>52748618

Huh. I guess someone really liked my stuff.
>>
>>52748618
If my players try to commandeer or use ork tech but have a tech priest with them, it's reasonable to assume that the tech priest would not approve, right?

how would you guys suggest roleplaying it?
>>
Inexperienced player interested in improving Gm skills here, how good are the pre-published adventures for Rogue Trader? The Corebook starter adventure I was about to look at but I wanted some opinions on the rest, in case they were more interesting.
>>
File: unimpressed.gif (428KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed.gif
428KB, 500x322px
>>52755322
Not me, i think its shit
>>
>>52755322
Better to port RT, BC and DW to DH2. Not everybody likes homebrew wankery.
>>
>>52757002

This. Nucanon #notmycanon
>>
File: LaughingPlaneswalkers.jpg (59KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingPlaneswalkers.jpg
59KB, 480x480px
>>52757448
>>
>>52755322
The primary writer has used a bit of your own, in addition to the homebrew of many others to fill in the supplement first, a quick way to have it up and running before we refine it. The intent is as a campaign supplement just as much as an inclusion of new rules, do remember.
>>
So, my inquisitor is effectively Mallory Archer, in that when someone questioned them, she simply shot them in the thigh and sipped amasec.

How fucked is the party?
>>
>>52757821
If you really must use other peoples work, you should probably credit them, even if you re-stat everything later on.
>>
>>52757980
Which is most likely going to be the case, none of the Volumes are even remotely considered finished yet and the writers were not expecting anyone to find their Deviantart as of yet. We have a document with all the sources we borrow from.
>>
>>52757947
That really depends on their competence and/or if one of the acolytes is her son.
>>
We should should also avoid sticking the new book at the top of the general, seems improper as it's both constructed from other homebrew and incomplete.

>>52758020
Most likely. You should also at least ask people before using their work in your own book, it may only be homebrew, but it's incredibly poor form when the writers of 90% of the book, don't even want the material to be there. Also, the anime-esque fan art is really grating to look at.
>>
>>52757448
What does that have to do with homebrew porting?

>>52757448
>>52757785
Please refrain from trying to start shit. /tg/ as a whole already has too many of these old vs. new shitshows.
>>
>>52758140
Pretty competent but prone to bouts of shit luck and he may or may not be.
>>
>>52758319
So about as fucked as the Archer crew then.
>>
>>52758020
>the writers were not expecting anyone to find their Deviantart as of yet
That's amusing, considering I was telling people about that DA account before there were volumes to speak of.
>>
File: IMG_0951.jpg (2MB, 3600x2010px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0951.jpg
2MB, 3600x2010px
>>52748618
stat me
>>
>>52759810
Genestealer-hybrid Rak'gol detected
>>
>>52750349
Gaunt's Ghosts, son. Best 40k novels out there. Go to the main 40k General, and at the bottom of the OP is a subheading that says "Forge World Book Index". Follow the MEGA link there, and read those goddamn books, because they are fucking great. Caiphas Cain ain't bad either
>>
File: nope_o_4504903.jpg (250KB, 670x504px) Image search: [Google]
nope_o_4504903.jpg
250KB, 670x504px
>>52759810
WS56 BS33 S44 T33 Ag56 Per25 Int27 WP15 Fel29
Movement 14/28/42/84
36 wounds
Acrobatics +10, Awareness, Climb +20, Concealment, Contortionist +10, Deceive +10, Evaluate +10, Intimidate, Logic, Navigate (Surface) +10, Scholastic Lore (Philosophy), Scrutiny +20, Search +20, Security, Silent Move, Tracking +10
Ambidextrous, Berserk Charge, Combat Master, Crippling Strike, Fearless, Frenzy, Hard Target, Mimic, Sure Strike, Swift Attack, Talented (Climb), Two Weapon Wielder
Enormous, Improved Natural Weapons, Natural Armor, Quadruped, Sonar Sense (60m), Undying, Unnatural Strength (x2), Unnatural Toughness (x2)
Silicate Chitin: AP3 body, 5 limbs, 7 head
Foul Bile: Pistol 16m 1d5+6E pen1 Corrosive Devastating (3) Toxic
Tarsus Spike: Melee 1d10+13R pen3 Fast Razor Sharp
Clawed Hands: Melee 1d10+8R pen0
Tail Slam: Melee 1d10+14I pen0 Concussive Devastating (5) Unwieldy
>>
File: IMG_0935.jpg (80KB, 564x417px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0935.jpg
80KB, 564x417px
>>52760609
>scholastic lore (philosophy)
>>
Anyone have any interesting character blackout ideas? One of my players recently got it as a malignancy and I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with it.
>>
>>52761393
"Character blackout"? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you thinking of retiring the character simply because you got one Malignancy?
>>
Have your games ever gotten sexual?

Am I asking this because I am bored and the thread needs a bump?
>>
>>52765167
Few times. Some foxhole love, some ritualistic 'cleansing', sometimes just casual dating when there's time. Strip sparring and stuff.

And that's just on the Imperial side of things.
>>
>>52765225
>Strip Sparring
?
>>
>>52765259
Spar, take a hit, lose a piece of clothing.
>>
>>52765280
Makes sense, wasn't exactly sure though.
>>
>>52765286
Why the question?

You should never force lewds. If the chemistry is right, it will happen.
>>
>>52763234

No no no.

One of the Malignancies for corruption points that can be earned is "Your character suffers periodic blackouts. What happens during these periods and when it happens is up to the GM."

I'm the GM and I'm having trouble coming up with something for that new status effect on my player's character. So I'm asking for any interesting ideas anyone from here may have about this Malignancy.
>>
>>52765167
Since I still like emphasizing the fact that the PC's are still people and the same with NPC's even in the grim darkness of the far future, yes my games have gotten varying degrees of sexual.
>>52767068
Well, my favorite go to for the blackout malignancy is "Your character becomes a ritualistic serial killer" or "You start performing occult rituals and weird shit"

Those are very high stakes though, but I like having blackouts be serious shit if its the result of literal corruption of your soul.
>>
>>52758020

So add it now, so you don't "forget" later on, you plagiarizing fuck.
>>
>>52760493

You misspelled Ciaphas Cain, also you misspelled Eisenhorn.
>>
>>52767274
>Plagiarizing

I'm not sure you understand the intent of this supplement, it's not here to be advertised as anyone's work in particular, especially since so many people have already contributed to it with their own ideas (looking at the source list now it seems Shas'O' was one of the few people we hadn't directly enquired about permission), but rather a collection. Please at least understand that a vast majority of us come from Dark Reign and the far older homebrew collections for Dark Heresy and the like, all the way back to Black Industries, in which expanding the system was more of a collective thing rather than something anyone was really taking credit for.

Still, noted, I'll inform the writer with the master documents to put down sources now rather than during the refinement process.
>>
I'm just going to nip this in the bud directly. The copy and paste is strong for a reason - my goal was to convert what I liked from Mars Needs Moms (an only war supplement) to Dark Heresy, and build outwards from there for volume III.

As far as accreditation is concerned, I have a master document of my sources which will be added to the project folder when i'm closer to state of completion. I am definitely a fan of Shas'O bobs work with the Mechanicus, and have no intentions of claiming his work as my own - the only reason my unfinished files are available to the public via my deviantart atm is for file sharing with my discord group.

To the person who wrote "So add it now, so you don't "forget" later on, you plagiarizing fuck."

I am well aware of who to acknowledge, and it will be present in the final document. If you feel so strongly and passionately, I'm remarkably easy to contact directly.

Thanks everyone =D
>>
inb4 the tirades about how I'm a leeching shitter, a faggot for using emoticons, or whatever the salty, bitter minority has to say. Yes, I probably am.
>>
>>52768407
>>52768681
So, what are you planning for Vol. 4?
>>
Psychic Powers and Disciplines, but I'm attempting to finish off the first three in the next three weeks. Following that, Vol 4 will be a redux of my psychic power expansion supplement i had written years ago, and Vol 5 will be about waging war at various levels of scope (massed combat, hordes, theaters of war and war assets)
>>
Starting Deathwatch for the first time. Taking a techmarine. GM's told us its going to be a brutal combat heavy game.

Whats a good build to go/aim for?
>>
>>52767216
He has like, 10 corruption points though.
>>
>>52768407
>>52768681
>inb4 the tirades about how I'm a leeching shitter, a faggot for using emoticons, or whatever the salty, bitter minority has to say. Yes, I probably am.

Still think more people would like you if all this effort was put into making a good homebrew port of RT, DW and BC. Just saying.
>>
Understandably. Of course, more people would like me if they didn't go off the comments of others and looked. Volume II is a port of Rogue Trader into the Dark Heresy 2nd Edition ruleset, heavily based on the mathhammer variant provided by Errant Knight and modified through extensive playtesting.
>>
>>52768681
I cant speak for the quality of your work because I havent read it yet, but you ARE a faggot for using emoticons on a Cambodian Spear Fishing Forum. That's just a fact.
>>
Additionally, we have an entire discord group dedicated to porting Black Crusade and Deathwatch into the system here https://discord.gg/G2Bv7KQ, for those who are interested.

And now that I see most people are just reading comments, here's a clarification of whats going on with my project:

Volume I: I ported the Duel of Wits rules from Burning Wheel into DH 2nd Edition to provide social combat that works. Revised an article on DakkaDakka about Civilian Life in the Imperium, provided updated bestiary profiles derived from 1st Edition focusing on civilian aspects for lower level gameplay.

Volume II: Rogue Trader ruleset overhaul, focusing on revitalizing the ship combat system. Based on the Mathhammer principles created by Errant Knight of FFG Forums, as well as his Warp Travel ruleset.

Volume III: Imported heavily from Mars Needs Moms, added missing armory entries from recent codex', all in DH2nd Edition ruleset. Ported planetary creation rules as a lite set for explorator fleets from Stars Without Number,

Factions I: An underworld faction that is composed of multiple human and xenos elements. Added details on differing types of cargo for elaboration in trade scenarios. Will be adding a Xenos Ship Hull Generator in the days to come.

Fleets I: Limited selection of hulls that compromise the setting im workings battlefleet elements, lots of oldies brought back from Battlefleet Gothic and revitalized from older BFG magazines.
>>
I sure am a Faggot! =D
>>
File: 1479711974678.png (110KB, 420x288px) Image search: [Google]
1479711974678.png
110KB, 420x288px
>>52769776
>>52769776
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>52769809
Just was responding to this
>>52769727
=D
>>
>>52769485
Something along those lines but toned down? It might just be my interpretation, but getting 10 corruption and your first malignancy means your well into the Corruption Spiral and the only way is down. As your malignancies are a likely way you'll gain more corruption points.

>>52769741
>Revised an article on DakkaDakka about Civilian Life in the Imperium
I didn't do a comparative reading to see how much less stupid you did it, but if I were you I'd almost discard all of it. Particularly the parts of gender roles in the Imperium since the DakkaDakka article makes some claims about the Imperium that doesn't really have any basis in the fluff (largely because the fluff doesn't talk about it). Even if you extrapolate on trends and themes in the Imperium.
>>
>>52769225
Amp up Toughness and pick up at least the first rank of The Flesh Is Weak, enjoy being fireproof. Armour Monger helps too.
What pattern of armour did you get? RAW artificer armour is a downgrade from anything older than Aquila, but if your GM lets you treat it as an upgrade - since Techmarines get early access to Artificer because fluffwise they modify and augment their base suit - then it's a good take. Don't pay XP for the Signature Wargear (Artificer Armour), though - you get a free suit of it from the Forge Master advanced speciality in Rites of Battle, along with heaps of other goodies well worth the cost of entry, unlike most adspecs.
Intelligence is also good, since you're the Tech Use guy and can pick up Infused Knowledge early. Do you have a Chapter in mind? If you're going all-in on Intelligence, the Dead Station Vigilant is an adspec worth taking. It locks you out of Master of the Forge since you can only have one adspec (barring GM waiver) but it lets you do silly stuff like use Intelligence in place of Ballistic Skill or Weapon Skill against a single alien faction chosen during oath-taking for the mission, along with other options for special ability, any one of which you choose when gearing up for the mission. If you want to get silly, Techmarines can fortify cover, a DSV ability can fortify it some more, an Imperial Fist can fortify it even more, and then you can use the (Intelligence-based) Evaluate skill to stand behind the toughest part. Enjoy your Baneblade-strength sheet of parchment.
The Weapon Tech talent also lets you capitalize on your Int bonus by adding it to damage and pen once per combat, but it only works with certain types of weapons, so keep them in mind. Between it and your Characteristic Advances, you make an excellent backup Devastator, with exclusive access to arcane Mechanicus-only weapons like the Conversion Beamer and Techxsorcism Gun, but never underestimate the power of a simple heavy bolter or missile launcher.
>>
>>52770311
>>52769225
Bah, ran out of room.
Regarding the missile launcher: explosives are comically overcosted RAW, but if your GM rules that grenades and missiles come in boxes of six or four then they work.

Techmarine is one of the best Specialities for a combat-heavy game, because they get okay advancement of combat stats like WS and BS, while Fel is the classic dumpstat anyway, and appropriate for a Mechanicus character. Dumping Strength is a good idea too, since Servo-Arms use their own Strength bonus to punch things. The crown jewels, though, are Toughness and Intelligence - Unnatural Toughness gives you double the returns on Toughness that a mortal would get, while Intelligence can be brutal with Weapon Tech on something fullauto. (Always fullauto if you can. +20 to hit and multiple hits is your savior.) For bonus evil, try to get a Xenarch Death Arc, since it combines all remaining hits after dodge and shields for purposes of piercing soak, just like Rogue Trader macrocannons in space, except on the ground against infantry or tanks.
What stings is expensive Agility, so don't count on Dodging things unless you got a good Agility score at creation - you want a good Agility score at creation, because even with your soak cheesed up to the high 30s with Unnatural Toughness, cybernetics, Artificer Armour, The Flesh Is Weak, and Armour Monger, your GM will find things you don't want to get hit by (Haywire, Warp Weapon, Corrosive, etc) if he's doing his job right, and a low Agility means waddling along behind your team if you couldn't bring a vehicle and didn't detach your mechadendrites for a jump pack.
>>
>>52770862
>>52769225
You also don't get access to Swift Attack unless from Chapter Tables or Chapter Deeds, but in conjunction with poor Dodging, that makes the Killing Strike talent all Astartes begin play with significantly more attractive to you - on an All Out Attack, you may spend a Fate Point to make your swing impossible to dodge or parry if it connects. Normally it's risky since you're giving up the ability to Dodge or Parry until your next turn to use an All Out Attack, but unlike any other Speciality, you can still use your Reaction, spending it to make an attack with your servo-arm (or harness once you get one - point blank plasma pistol isn't usually as vicious as a servoarm to the face, but if you're specced for dakka...) out of turn, meaning that you can use it on an enemy's turn as an interrupt before they do anything, and because it's their turn they can't spend a Reaction to evade this one either, as Reactions may only be spent out-of-turn. If you have a servoharness and your team has Tactical Spacing up (which you probably should, as again, despite Astartes durability avoidance is king) you can spend multiple reactions gifted to you across the Squad Mode, making one attack with each of your combat-capable dendrites in a single round. This is best done either to cripple a target before its turn comes or to use up spare Reactions just before they disappear as a turn refreshes. Take care not to abuse this, though; the others won't be as tanky as you, so they may desperately need their Reactions for Dodging things that would bounce off your forehead, let alone things that still threaten even you.
Check out the Breaching Augur, too; I think it's in Rites of Battle. It's basically a Techmarine-only chainfist mechadendrite, only better. Once you've finished vomiting at FFG's Mechanicus favoritism and/or quelling your boner at that thing's statline, scroll past it to the vastly inferior Breaching Shears and take those instead if you're not an asshole.
>>
After having finished the Dark Heresy (1st edition) campaign I GMed, one of my players wants to continue his story in a single player campaign.
I'm planning to crash the ship in which he's traveling and let him survive, but being captured by xenos slavers who will imprison him to use him as a gladiator.

Any ideas or advice to make this story more interesting?
He's a rank 4 Arbitrator named Pavor.
>>
>>52770909
>>52769225
Most of the cybernetics in Deathwatch Core are useless to you. Easily the best is an Exceptional-craftsmanship Augur Implant; you're already teched up so more metal won't make you more vulnerable to Haywire than you already were, and everyone gets fucked by Haywire anyway since it shuts down power armour. The augur implant gives you an always-on auspex for +20 Awareness, stacking with autosenses and Heightened Senses for a total of +40 (give or take 5 depending on helmet mark) but Exceptional quality also lets you reroll any failed Awareness tests without spending Fate. The MIU is next; you get one for free integrated into your Artificer Armour once you hit Forge Master, but an Exceptional one is worth considering, as it boosts vehicular combat rolls in addition to the base model's Tech Use and Drive/Pilot rolls.
Aside from those it's just bionics. Your stock servoarm already counts as a cybernetic attached to your torso, so you've got +2 Toughness Bonus there and don't need the +1 from a bionic heart. Bionic limbs give you +2 TB to the location just like the augur and/or MIU do to your head and the servoarm does to your torso, along with other goodies if they're Exceptional - I believe better jumping from the legs, Sprint from the heart, and finer motor control from the arms. That leaves bionic lungs and eyes, which don't do much for you unless you need replacements. Consider, though, requesting cybernetics from other gamelines. Even just taking mechadendrites out of DH2e core adds massively to the flavor of playing a Techmarine, and they have sone decent utility too. I suggest adhering to DH's "cannot have more mechadendrites than your Toughness bonus" rule, but with Unnatural Toughness that can be over a dozen.
>>
>>52770951
>>52769225
A few things from Deathwatch not filed as cybernetics might be siggable for integration into a servoharness as mechadendrites. There's the aforementioned Breaching Augur and Shears, as well as the Astartes Targeter, which penalizes all Dodge tests against the bearer and grants you the effects of several Weapon Sights. I believe DH2e's mechadendrites also include an auspex; that's pointless if you've got an augur array in your skull, but it sets a fine precedent to take a Siege Auspex on one for peeking through walls.
Speaking of auspexes, I forgot to mention earlier - the Augur Array doesn't just shore up Awareness, it also lets you test Tech Use to scan for things invisible to the naked eye, like electric powerflow in cables or gases in the air. Think of it as a Star Trek tricorder and you're pretty much spot on.

I think that covers Techmarine builds pretty thoroughly. You're a support class who can do everything, often better than the classes specialized in it, and is the toughest and best at tech on top of that, with a heaping pile of exclusive and devastating weapons that you can make even gribblier with the Weapon Tech talent. If your GM feels like encouraging the filth that is an optimized Techmarine, ask him for Mastercrafted Cortical Implants and snap up Unnatural Intelligence, doubling that lovely Intelligence bonus you apply to the Damage and Penetration of weapons for a single round per combat. On every hit, even if they're fullauto. Did you know that fullauto weapons can Overwatch as a full action and then fire an out-of-turn [undeodgeable] Full Auto Burst at ANY ENEMY in their 30° Overwatch cone who takes any action until their next turn?
>>
Have you ever attempted to drown your players? If so how did you go about it?
>>
>>52769741
>Fleets I: Limited selection of hulls that compromise the setting im workings battlefleet elements, lots of oldies brought back from Battlefleet Gothic and revitalized from older BFG magazines.
Some of those oldies are being brought back by Forge World, I believe, so I'd consider waiting a little while on them for more current official data to work off of.
>>52770311
>>52770862
>>52770909
>>52770951
>>52771165
Forgot to mention, Dead Station Vigilant is in the Necron book, The Outer Reaches. Also, very important, crucial thing many players forget; choose a Deed out of Rites if Battle. You only get one, and only at character creation, so choose carefully; they're worth double or triple their XP cost even weighed against low-rank advance tables, never mind that they give stuff that's either high-rank availability or even entirely unavailable to some specialities. If you're having trouble choosing one, I recommend Battle Damage; it gives you an extra Armor History chosen rather than rolled, and it can be from a table you already rolled on. You can pick up Agility boosters like MkVI legs (if you weren't fortunate enough to roll Corvus, easily the best pattern for the two histories and added Agility to dodge with) or A Fury Like Lightning, or boost BS, WS, gain an extra Fate point... A steal for 300 XP, especially since bonuses to a Characteristic don't count towards the +60 cap on Tests. It's also very fluffy for a Techmarine to wear a suit of armour repaired to their custom specifications.

Be warned: this advice is all solid, but be wary of dominating too hard in combat, lest your group not have fun, because if you use this and they call you a powergaming arsepint they'll be right. You can still go full cheese, but don't hog the spotlight, and always keep in mind the fluff implications of your advances like whether your character would believably learn or study his Skills, lest your Techmarine become nothing more than a collection of numbers.
>>
>>52760547
>>52760609
Surprisingly useful.
Also, basically Megarachnids.
>>
>>52770921
This sounds like a job for Dark Eldar, son!
>>
I need some plot hooks involving the mechanicum & heresy in Dark Heresy. Any suggestions?
>>
>>52772177
hereteks have developed a way to use las-technology to create better quality picts, causing a stir amongst the purists of the Order of the Vis Aychess.

An Arch-Heretek has created a legion of abominable intelligences and put them into bodies resembling heavily augmented Ad Mech tech priests, and wore still he's turning living tech-priests into servitors and replacing their programming with more AIs, as replicant replacements.
>>
>>52769741
That gender roles section from Dakkadakka is total garbage and has zero basis in the fluff.

The Imperium as a whole is completely egalitarian. Yes, Marines are all male and Sororitas are all female, but that's it. A woman has as much chance to become an Admiral, or an High Lord or whatever as much a man does. The Imperium discriminates based on many things - genetic purity, religious conviction, superstition, familial connections, place of birth etc. - but gender isn't one of them.

Individual worlds in the Imperium can have vastly different traditions, of course. Patriarchal rulership, matriarchal rulership, rulers chosen by obscure horoscope charts, and so on. But that's a different thing.
>>
File: not-sure-if-serious.jpg (6KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
not-sure-if-serious.jpg
6KB, 285x177px
>>52772544
Not sure if your trying to argue with me about something thats completely obvious and irrelevant or if your trying to be a social justice warrior.
>>
>>52772634
>obvious and irrelevant
Then why did you add it you mongoloid
What purpose did it serve other than to provoke this kinda shit
>>
>>52772654
Mostly oversight on my part. When I read the article on DakkaDakka it never struck me as obviously incorrect as it was describing the common citizenry average depictions rather than the known genderless Adeptus Terra. The rigid dichotomy between the two was a feature I was accustomed to from older source materials. That, and as I've stated previously, this wasn't nearly ready for public dissemination and my revisions aren't complete. I'm sure you mean well, but I would recommend you let go of your grumpy attitude and reserve it if that passage remains in my final works.
>>
>>52769615
Personally, I already didn't like you before I read your comments. Accusing people of being SJWs is only reinforcing this. Also, your OC and choice of artwork for your books isn't very agreeable.

By the way, what does the trait "Omnissiah’s Chosen" do?
>>
>>52773042
I'm well aware my OC and choice of artwork isn't very agreeable to a lot of people that consider themselves part of the 40k fanbase. Not much I can do about an entirely subjective taste! =/
>>
meh, that RT overhaul isn't bad, but I can't do RT with it. Me need those careers and the origin path represented in the new rule set.
>>
>>52773246
I know you're only joking around with the emojis, but it's only making your case worse.
The word "Anime" has been used to describe your OC, which is an incredibly different flavor that 40k does not mix well with. It's simply far too clean for the gritty 40k.

By the way, what does the trait "Omnissiah’s Chosen" do?
>>
>>52773331
You are absolutely correct. It is far too clean for the traditionally gritty 40k artistic style. Other than being a different medium, I don't see an actual issue other than personal taste factoring in there.

As far as "omnissiah's chosen' does, where does that appear in? I tried searching my documents for it, but it's not popping up.
>>
>>52773446
The character Archmagos Barbossa Mordicae has it listed among his traits.

What actually got me interested in the character was his intensely unique fashion sense and the artwork showing the use of Luminen Desecration. Which, despite the rare use of Techxorcism weapons by puritan AdMech, Luminen Desecration has always seemed to be used exclusively by hereteks.
>>
>>52773017
He ask you why you did something and explained why there was no need for it and you decide to meme him, call him a SJW and get all defensive when you even agree with him. You sound like a complete twat.
>>
>>52773588
OH! The player whose character barbossa was had a knack for rolling 1's in rapid succession, and due to this I added Omnissiah's Chosen as a mechanic-less trait. For me, it was obvious the machine god held his character in favor.

As far as the character himself was concerned, he was very into progressionist beliefs, wanting innovation and a restoration of mankind's dominance freed of the dogma that had become the status quo - no matter the methods. In a way, he was indeed a heretek for his beliefs.
>>
>>52773879
He didn't actually ask me anything. I am a twat, sure, but I also know the differences between ranting and asking a question.
>>
>>52773917
Also to clarify, my response your judging was preceding the actual question.
>>
>>52765167
one of my player was raped willinglyy by a dark eldar once
I misinterpreted the term "xenophiles" actually. my bad, that was.
>>
>>52773903
Honestly, sounds like he was a malatek who wanted to be a super special unique heretek, with a super special unique stupid hat. Progressionist beliefs among the Magos class perfectly normal, it's just another one of the things in 40k that have simply been blown of out proportion.
The Mechanicus isn't even regressing, it's simply 6 steps forward, 5 steps back.
>>
Any hints as to when the next All Guardsman Party update will be posted at all?
>>
>>52774207
I agree with you.
>>
>>52773933
>>52773917
Dawg, the above grib is that you are copypasting fancanon that has been shown to not apply on an Imperium wide stage, but can on a planetary one, but is presented as though it's Imperium mandate.
Cut that section, as it does no service to people new to 40k, and there would be no issue.
Further, dude, lurk moar is coming into play. /tg/ is one of the few boards where memes aren't a replacement for proper conversation and punctuation. If you keep posting here, at least respect the local lingua enough to not be cast as a shitposter.
>>52774289
Emperor knows.
>>52771472
I know someone who is trying to do that. IO only feel bad for the people who decided to scavenge carapace armor from the dead as tho they needed it. I'm gonna laugh when they flub all the swim checks.
>>
>>52771472
Uh, players or their characters?
>>
>>52771472
I spiked the mountain dew with ether and then laid him face down in the salsa. He actually woke up and shat himself because it was so spicy.
>>
>>52774537
Thank you for articulating yourself in a manner that makes a point without resorting to an unprompted rant first. I'll apologize for my shitposting - I totally was. It was immature of myself to respond the way I did. I'll indeed accept your suggestion to 'lurk moar', learn the lingua before attempting to take a role here, and better my understanding of the local userbase here before interacting again. Thank you for your patience and words of wisdom!
>>
>>52774990
Just be easy, and we'll all have a good time playing the games we like.
>>
>when you realize you can play DH 1E as a Cleric and take nothing but Alternate Career Ranks
I'm gonna be a Redemptionist-Pure Form-Confessor-Banisher-Sicarius-Witchfinder-Legate-Daemonym-Reliquary Agent and NOBODY CAN STOP ME
>>
>>52767309
A. I was drunk
B. I left out Eisenhorn. Mainly because I was going primarily for IG stuff, like the other anon asked for
>>
>>52748618
The Mandragora stuff is neat but why is there rules for Profit Factor in there.

It's literally Rogue Traders rules, but Influence is just way way better.
>>
Why are Libricars considered radicals but Monodominants aren't? Is it really just an evil within/evil without conflict or is it just shitty writing
>>
>>52774828

...wait, Steve?
>>
>>52774990
In the future, if you could make an effort to at least ask permission to include the works of others in your own, that would be great.
>>
>>52776024
I actually decided to stop working on it and deleted everything. Issue is more or less resolved.
>>
>>52776043
Everyone makes mistakes, the best we can do is figure out what happened and improve ourselves for the future.
>>
>>52774289
Shoggy just got over his dad's death enough to keep writing.

It may well take a bit of time.
>>
File: Origin Path 1.png (2MB, 1187x915px) Image search: [Google]
Origin Path 1.png
2MB, 1187x915px
I need a bit of help. My normal tabletop group is my brother, a mutual friend, and I. My brother moved too far away to see regularly for in-person tabletop gaming and isn't online enough for tabletop simulator (mutual friend and I are online daily).

I want to play RT because I like 40k as a whole and it seems like a fun 40k equivalent to D&D, problem is that it'd just be me and my friend since my brother can't play, and my friend doesn't seem interested in the setting, he likes 40k in general but he doesn't give a fuck about our characters story, he just wants to murderhobo in space and try to jew people and we haven't even started yet.

When making characters with the origin path he had me just list off the stats for each option and chose the one with the stats he liked, not even trying to come up with in-character explanations for his background choices. He ended up with pic related. I fucked up and didn't see the text about the choices being limited by previous selections till after we finished.

With it just being the 2 of us and him seeming only to care about murderhoboing should I just say fuck it and look for a new group?
>>
>>52776622
To be frank, when I GM Rogue Trader, I don't actually enforce the selection limits either long as the player can spin up a story

You should do that too. If he can spin up a story, he gets to play the OP combo.
>>
>>52776622
I agree with
>>52776860
if they actually try to RP or justify things and they aren't actively contradictory (I.E. a forge-world ministorum priest) it tends to work out
>>
>>52776622
I require the choices to be adjacent, except for the actual career choice. It's worked out well.
>>
File: Origin Path.png (2MB, 1187x915px) Image search: [Google]
Origin Path.png
2MB, 1187x915px
>>52776860
>>52776966
The thing is he isn't trying to justify it.

While we made it he would just listen to the stats for the choice then say "the 3rd one, the 2nd one", after that I asked if he wanted to see what he'd chosen (hive world, tainted, etc) and he said he didn't really care so no.

He doesn't want to come up with a history for his character to RP, once we're in he can RP very well from past experience (only have experience with goofy campaigns with him though, but I think he can do straight faced stuff too) (last D&D campaign he was a drug dealing bard whose exploits included: inciting riots for us to loot shops during, being a small time pimp, and rap battling a zombie (he lost and got knocked out from the damage, the zombie rolled a 20))

When I made my character I picked out the options with the stats I wanted, but I wove it into a story and he has said he didn't want to do that.

Pic related was mine (I'm thinking about changing it because I didn't know into the storm had an expanded origin path so I only used regular options, might grab knowledge)

>Forge World: Born on Stygies VIII
>Stubjack: Survive childhood through violence, take to crafting devices, traps, makeshift weapons to help survive, techpriests see aptitude for machines and begin studies
>Renegade - Dark Visionary: Faithful to regular admech teachings, but doesn't quite share their feelings towards xeno tech, spends some time with less radical Xenarites examining xeno tech, gains Forbidden lore Xenos
>Dark Voyage: Demon incursion on ship, saved by intervention of xenos, becomes more enamored with xenotech becoming a full fledged Xenarite, gains forbidden lore Xenos +10
>Endurance: Seeks to test the limit of his augmentations and to discover archetoech (and xenotech) to improve himself with.
>Explorator: like he was going to be anything other than an explorator or agumenticist with this backstory, I chose class & homeworld first
>>
>>52749906
Same, I've had to make shit up on the fly to ask from my GM
>>
>>52777760
I'd try to at least get the vaguest outline of a story out of him, cause right now his attitude just sounds shitty
>>
So my only experience with tabletops is playing three two our sessions of dnd poorly with a bunch of stranger. I dropped out because I found it incredibly boring and frustrating due to everything feeling like ti came down to luck.

Will I like Rouge Trader better? The setting is a 10/10 for me.
>>
>>52776622
>>52777760
It's optional for the GM to allow a row (or more) of non-adjacent choices.

Agreed with >>52778723, though. If they don't actually want to play a character, but a pile of ambulatory attributes and gear, then I'd reconsider.
>>
>>52776043
Wait, what?
>>
>tfw realizing that the axon razor is weaponized papercuts
>>
Nudity onboard ships: Heretical or Most Holy?
>>
>>52782417
Depends on the whim of the captain, where you are on the ship, who is looking, and if you're making sacrifices to the dark gods or not.
>>
>>52782417
Nudity depends. Tentacles no-no.
>>
>>52782162
The way I'm hearing it, somebody could just not stop riding Shas'O's dick so hard that they decided to trace some of the writers' digital footprints and start firing off personal threats or the like, which apparently prompted an almost immediate burnout of the project.
>>
>>52776043
M8, it had problems but that's fixable and you were working on it by your own account. Don't let a few autistic anons who can't stop sucking Shas dick shit all over your fun.
>>
>>52783474
Holy mother of fuck. Good job everyone. Cause like, Dark Heresy truly needs to be completly killed off. Fucking cancerous retards, not to be happy, that bloody somebody is trying to expand the system. Some of us were like, happy with Mandragora Apocrypha.

I dont know, this is why we cant have nice things. I hope GW will make awesome 40kRPG, so those cretins could choke on their poison.
>>
>>52783704
It seems that somebody used his email to send him personal threats, his direct reaction was to delete everything and go underground. With this being the case, it seems a bit harsh to direct blame towards a group, when it seems to be an individuals fault.
>>
File: 1471968670951.jpg (144KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1471968670951.jpg
144KB, 800x1200px
>>52784670
>It seems that somebody used his email to send him personal threats

I know we have some really bad autists in this thread, but holy shit.
>>
>>52784670
Jesus Christ, it's a motherfucking board game! I don't understand how anyone can care about anything enough to send death threats, let alone fucking Dark Heresy homebrew.
>>
>>52784670
I played a dark heresy game with Shas as a GM. Not only one of my favorite table top experiences ever, but probably what has helped me most in being a successful GM myself. He is a great guy, and I'm really upset that anyone would attack him.
>>
>>52785736
Read the post-chain.
>>
>>52785736
Nobody attacked Shas. Somebody did this to Messiahcide.

>>52785598
Yeah. A game. We like. And which is discontinued, so it will survive only with strong community. So it seems its kinda dying from cancer.
>>
I have no idea what this homebrew people are talking about is or who Shas or messiahcide is, fill me in?
>>
>>52785868

Long story short, 80% of the homebrew in the OP is written by one turbo autist, Shas. Most of it is mechanically acceptable, but divisive because it uses nu-canon over oldcanon. Now, somebody trawling Deviantart finds a guy's personal homebrew that copied from lots of others' homebrew as a WIP, including stuff from Shas. There was also stuff from Chivalry Intensifies and other /tg/ works in there. The guy offers to cite stuff and work with others to improve, until some lunatic white knight doxxes and death threats the guy, and he goes into hiding. Now everyone's mad.
>>
>>52785598
Go to /v/ for a while.
You'll see.
>>
So... some decent homebrew died because of a troll/autist.
Did anyone grab his shit before he zapped it? Reupload it, take over the project hand over fist?
>>
>>52786074
Some of the assistant writers, including myself are going to try and salvage it, take over and redo it all, with some changes. Messiahcide was, however, the most motivated and diligent of us, so expect progress to be slower now, if it ever finishes at all.
>>
>>52786132
Can you link it on mega or something?
I mean, even if you all don't get the shit done, a one stop repository for a lot of different homebrew would be fucking baller in and of itself, not including the ability to do your own work on it.
>>
File: 800px-KILLITWITHFIREYOUFUCKS.jpg (98KB, 800x487px) Image search: [Google]
800px-KILLITWITHFIREYOUFUCKS.jpg
98KB, 800x487px
>>52786074
Yes. I always thought people here are gentlemen, not autistic cunts.
>>
>some lunatic white knights and doxxes the guy
where the fuck are you retards getting this shit from
People are being dicks to him in the thread, sure, because he's acting like a whiny child, but quit pulling 'THEY DEATH THREAT'D HIM' out of your asses.
>>
>>52786238
>sigh
It's a mixed bag, dawg. I wish I could tell you otherwise.
The best I can say is the exceptions prove the rule. You will find a lot of opinionated folk, but generally decent. You just need a gigacunt here and there to balance out the bros, y'know?
>>52786267
You can always check the guys DA account, anon.
>>
>>52786074
>decent
>homebrew

pick 1
>>
>>52786267
The threat didn't bother him and yes, the doxxing was asspulled, the threats however, were not, and were delivered over an email that was, initially, openly linked to the Deviantart page somewhere.
>>
>>52786007
>There was also stuff from Chivalry Intensifies
Eh, it's obviously based on my variants of Knights rather than Shas but he's changed it to suit his own tastes. But I'm not going to be an ass about accredetation, I'll just think it's nice if they mention it.
>>
>>52786296
>opinion
>cunt
Pick both.
Some of us don't want the game to slide into the dark with dozens of things from the TT gone unrepresented, along with all the stuff that is to come.
>>
>>52786355
It's just a game, dude.
>>
>>52786403
Yes, a game that can still have things created for it because it's source material still goes on.
People like >>52786296 and their curmudgeonly elitism piss me off on face.
>>
>>52786308
Were you Mento, Marrok, or one of the other guys on the FFG forums?
>>
>>52786548
Nope, never posted on them or had an account there.
>>
>>52786578
Then rest assured your works were never seen by me.
>>
>>52785801
>>52785855
Sorry for my illiteracy. I'm on a roll for this today.
>>
>>52786592
I don't mind either way, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" and what not. But I do hope you keep working on this shit, I saved all your stuff and I'd like to see a finished version of it.
>>
>>52786631
Upload it for the rest of us, I didn't get it, and I'm chomping to see how I can puzzle it out.
>>
File: emperor.jpg (64KB, 606x481px) Image search: [Google]
emperor.jpg
64KB, 606x481px
>>52786074
Imperator Vult, fuck the Libricar autists.

volume_i__the_mandragora_sector
>http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/89VDtTzY/file.html
volume_ii__the_astra_navis_mandragora
>http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/KwaWPPQw/file.html
volume_iii__the_dreadspace_scrolls
>http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/CZTZllB8/file.html
factions_i___the_black_run
>http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/jn4HqhJv/file.html
fleet_register__sector_fleet_mandragora
>http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/aLCVyNeo/file.html
exterminatus
>http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/hpxtaCjD/file.html
>>
>>52786631
Thank you! I removed most of my contributions across the internet after some autistic chap decided to spam rather obscene and unnecessary emails to my personal email accounts. I'm not quite ready for that level of zealous hatred in my life just yet, so i removed any reason for people to publicly find my dribbling chaos rituals anymore until I'm finished with them.
>>
>Guy actively making a thing
>Wow go fuck yourself this shit sucks you'll never make anything good you dipshit
>Hey guys I'm not gonna make the thing
>NOOOO WE'LL MISS YOU PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US
And yeah, 'not a hivemind', but still c'mon you guys didn't give a flying fuck when things were going fine
>>
>>52786746
Ave Imperator, anon.
>>
File: Lord_Inquisitor_March.jpg (79KB, 1024x428px) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Inquisitor_March.jpg
79KB, 1024x428px
>>52786631
>I do hope you keep working on this shit, I saved all your stuff and I'd like to see a finished version of it.

Many of us do.
>>
>>52786746
Fuck on outta here you filthy Phaenonite
>>
>>52786767
We fucking did, the flying clusterfuck just escalated for too quickly.
>>
>>52748618
Yo guys, I'm running a Rogue Trader game, one of the ships I'm statting up for the players to choose from is the Universe Class Mass Conveyer (Battlefleet Koronus, Page 30).

It's an absolute beast of a ship that has some big pros and cons. However, I ran into a bit of an issue when statting it up, even including the extra 10 power you get for picking the thing, it's basically impossible to get close to powering anywhere close to the number of components it can theoretically hold.

Would you suggest the fix would be:

1) Although it's a Transport, allow it to use Cruiser tier components (subject to GM discretion) to reflect its colossal nature.
2) Allow the purchasing of a second regular transport reactor, deduct space accordingly.
3) Something else.
>>
>>52786806
Horusian, my friend. I believe in His Resurrection.
>>
>>52786862
>Horusian
You mean Thorian, the one true patrician faith.
He will walk among us again, just you wait.
He will take up the burning sword, He will smite the unbeliever, He will bring ruin to the xeno.
And His Truth will march on evermore.
>>
>>52786862
You are a fool
Seculos Attendous, Thorian, and Recongregationalist are the only acceptable philosophies
>>
>>52786818
Fuck me and my writing, "far too"
>>
File: 1474141175499.jpg (41KB, 490x633px) Image search: [Google]
1474141175499.jpg
41KB, 490x633px
>>52786756
Are you new to imageboards and 4chan in general? Because this place can be absolute gold for critique if you've got skin on your nose and know how to deal with trolls.

Presuming you don't post stuff under a pseudonym that can tie you to stuff you don't want 4chan to find whenever the autists get riled up.

>>52786746
>>52786806
>>52786862
>>52786913
Xeno Hybris & Isstvaanians are best philosophies and you know it.
>>
>>52786931
>Istvaanian
Herp derp in da grimdark fyoochur only war
IT MAKES US STRONG GUIZE
>>
>>52786931
Yesterday was my absolutely first day. I am actually really consistent with using the same handle everywhere.
>>
>>52786913
My poor, mistaken, friend...
>>
>>52786950
From the perspective of M41, the height of the Imperium was during The Forging, not the Great Crusade. A period that arguably wouldn't have existed if not for the Horus Heresy. To bring back that age would require another Horus Heresy. That is the argument of the Isstvanians.
>>
>>52786931
>The Isstvaanian is trying to ruse me
It's so expected, it's almost amusing.
>>52786984
>he thinks his sekret heretikal klub isn't shit and will be ground to dust
>>52786965
It showed, why I said lurk moar.
Also, some, and only some, of the various fandoms can offer anything constructive.
Look at how both the pathfinder and world of darkness generals literally turned on and ran off the few devs that actively went there for critique.
There are far more shitheads than anything else, so I'd really only use 4chan if you need to raw math ripped into by legit autists, of which there are many.
>>
>>52786950
War and conflict is the best form of excercise friend and if the Imperium is to prosper it needs to become strong. And as we all know, war breeds strength and heroes.

>>52786965
Well okay, a simple primer.

1. Lurk moar: This is how any anon learns anything here.
2. 4chan is crude, rude but ultimately honest
3. Namefagging and Tripfagging (using pseudonyms rather than being Anonymous) is the height of faggotry.
4. -fag is a general suffix to anything.
5. Lurk moar.
6. Don't feed the trolls.
7. Seriously, lurk moar and pay attention.
>>52787063
This anon is also gives good advice.

>It's so expected, it's almost amusing.
I only want the Imperium to be stronger, what ruse is there in that?
>>
>>52787015
I mean yeah but war for the purpose of war? If you're talking about needing another period of growth that'd be Recongregationist thinking because encouraging a horus heresy type event would definitely constitute 'advocating major upheaval and destruction/replacement of imperial infrastructure'
>>
>>52787116
Before the return of our Spiritual Liege, I'd argue that the Imperium was strong, but is stretched to the point of the bottom falling out because there is no actually capable leaders the likes of Macharius to organize and command a galaxy, or even sector, wide military.
But Big G-Money is back, baby, jabronies, beware, we primarchin now.
>>
>>52787138
To be fair, the Inquisition philosophies come from generally subjective and biased viewpoints, usually with very incomplete information regarding past events.
>>
File: 1462375171269.jpg (60KB, 673x696px) Image search: [Google]
1462375171269.jpg
60KB, 673x696px
>>52787173
And there has not been this much war and conflict since the Age of Apostasy! Checkmate again to the Isstvaanians! And the Lord-Commander has achieved so much with the help of the Eldar, check mate to Xeno Hybris! Suck it other philosophies!

>>52787213
Pretty much all of them are also fucking bat shit insane one way or another. Which is what makes them so fun.
>>
>>52787173
>But Big G-Money is back, baby, jabronies, beware, we primarchin now.

kys fag nucanon not truecanon
>>
>>52787261
>Seculos Attendous are the only ones actually following the will of the god emperor
>they're the ones trying to dismantle the cult of the god emperor
It's like pottery
>>
Still looking for suggestions/help RE this:
>>52786838
>>
How might a game where the players are a phaeron and his court go?
>>
>>52787605

Reconquering worlds according to the ancient codes, infiltration missions to sow fear and discord, necron social functions. It would be half RT half DW in scope
>>
>>52787647
>a game where you attend a necron ball
Sign me the fuck up
>>
>>52787585
Honestly, you'd probably ought to go with the first one.
It's a big ship, give it options.
>>
>>52748618
What's your dream 40k RPG game, /tg/? What's the one campaign you always wanted to play or run?
>>
>>52787585
>>52787756
I second this. Especially considering that couple pages up you have the other Hybrid Vessel - Conquest-Class Star Galleon.
>>
>>52787813
>>52787756
Cheers fellas
>>
>>52787789
The Rak'gol destroy Port Wander and begin a full-scale invasion of the Calixis sector. Either Only War or Dark Heresy or a combo of the two as an Inquisitor and a cadre of Guardsmen race against time to find the source of this newfound ambition in the previously undirected and violent race and put a stop to it.
>>
>>52784807
I mean, /tg/ gets incredibly pissy when someone uses a bit of fluff that's old or new and throws around terms like grognard and nucanon disparagingly at people who like fluff they don't like. Like, those fights turn into straight ad hominems inside of a dozen posts it feels like.Especially when Carnac gets involved. Ad hominems are his favorite.

Are you really surprised an environment like this would contain at least one autist far enough on the spectrum to doxx someone and send death threats because of a homebrew?
Are you really surprised?
>>
>>52787789
Dark Heresy, where the party is tasked with investigating a Slaaneshi cult that goes from the bottom to the top.
My reason to ruthlessly and cruelly use my knowledge of my players' kinks and licentious ways against them, because I get off on watching them wriggle like a worm before the shark.
Gratuitous, lovingly described depictions of abject excess in all it's delightfully myriad, self destructive ways, coupled with my personal knowledge being the biggest deviant in my group, and just gush all over them with each and every word, every flushed face, every squirm pushing me to higher and higher heights of utterly perverse soliloquy until my lust for their pain is slaked completely for that day, and I let them down gently as a babe....
And my group knows this. That's why it will never happen.
>yes, I am an awful human being, which is why I have never really pushed to run such a game
>I keep my crazy to myself
>does magical realm count if it's not the game itself that gets you off, but the player's reaction and willingly subjecting themselves to it that gets you going?
>>
>>52787789
I've always wanted to run a sandbox Dark Heresy game where the Acolytes are dumped in a hiveworld that's effectively beyond saving but the Inquisitor insists on having them there to clean it up, or to use as a testing group for fresh Acolytes to cut their teeth.
Dumped in the lower hive, they'd be free to purge or ally with various groups from gangers, to cultist to what little law enforcement is present. They'd work their way up the hive as their contacts, resources, and skills expand.

Are you a bad enough dude to save the hivecity? Or will you fall to the lure of corruption and rule it as others have before you?
>>
>>52788085
>Are you really surprised?
Honestly, yes. I did not imagine even the most dedicated autist would be that petty to give someone death threats outside of 4chan over homebrew.
>>
>>52787789
A game that takes place in the latter years of the Macharian Crusades. Using Only War, the players would work their way from the bottom to roles of command, maybe even meet and work with the man Macharius himself. They'd get involved with the politics of the Crusades while dealing with their actual roles of command, and when he died they'd find themselves in the middle of the years of chaos that reigned after.

I'd then run them through the Macharian Heresy. Whether they'd be using high-level Only War characters trying to either maintain or expand Macharius' legacy, they'd start leveling up as members of the =][= trying to deal with the darker after-effects of the Heresy, or whether they'd find themselves more like powerful independent pseudo- (or literal) Rogue Traders would depend on how they went through the Crusade and what allies and enemies they made.

Since this is my "dream campaign," this would take at least a couple of years. I'd want them have a fair amount of experience both as lower- and higher-echelon Guardsmen under Macharius, and then I would have an entire few major arcs to work through when their characters are very advanced through the Heresy.
>>
>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
DH / RT / OW
>Times Available (with timezone!)
any day from 6 pm. GMT+2
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
Skype, roll20, discord. Anything
>Contact Info
email: [email protected]
>Additional Notes
>>
File: live in infamy.jpg (17KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
live in infamy.jpg
17KB, 236x354px
Dearest anons, what would be a fun planet to set a heist mission on in the Calixis Sector?
The basic concept for the mission is that the players (servants of the nefarious PHAENONITES) are going to pull off a heist against the Amaranthine Syndicate's holdings as part of their master's insidious plans. I'm trying to think of a fun world to set it on that isn't Scintilla.
>>
>>52789240
obviously malfi
>>
>>52789240
>>52789240
http://calixipedia.wikia.com/wiki/Dreah

greater deamon of fine highlights and thin coats DANKAN has left an artifact, called: "fine detail brush", that your players need to steal
>>
>>52787585
Secondary Plasma generators from ITS, anon. You'll need about four to six.
>>
>>52787668
Describe to me a necron social function.
>>
>>52790820

Read lords of borsis. the entire book is a necron social function.
>>
>>52789498

It's a transport though. You're better off filling it with cargo holds and exploiting the endeavor points.
>>
File: 1479781568861.png (35KB, 780x532px) Image search: [Google]
1479781568861.png
35KB, 780x532px
>>52748618
In 'Mars Needs Women' how much would a Magos Lacyraemarta be worth in XP? I mean so I could transfer them over into a Black Crusade campaign.Starting XP is supposed to be 13,000.
>>
>>52793386

Not very much. It can control a lot of thralls, but thralls are worse than servitors, and have lasguns. Probably equal to a base archetype.
>>
>>52794277
How much is a base archetype worth then?
>>
>>52794549

Base archetypes are worth 0. Advanced are worth 3k.
>>
>>52794566
Dude. No.

>Every character in BLACK CRUSADE begins play with 7,000 Experience Points (xp) to spend during creation. A portion of these points may be spent when selecting Race and Archetype.

>Disciples of Chaos characters in BLACK CRUSADE have 1,000 starting experience to spend.

>Chaos Space Marine characters in BLACK CRUSADE have 500 starting experience to spend.

>Chaos Space Marine [advanced archetypes] are roughly equivalent to a beginning Chaos Space Marine character with an additional 3600 experience points.

>[Human advanced archetypes] are both roughly equivalent to a beginning Human Disciple of Chaos with an additional 4600 experience points.
>>
>>52794670
>with an additional 3600 experience points.
>with an additional 4600 experience points.

Is this not what I said? An extra 3k XP?
>>
>>52794726
You got the base value wrong, and then you got the advanced value wrong.
>>
>>52748618
I had a question about the scattering of grenades. Is the chart supposed to be based on the relation of the thrower to the target or is it placed right on the grid? Would an 8 always land to the south or would it land closer towards the thrower (assuming 2 is an overshot)?
>>
>>52795334
To the target.
>>
>>52787789
The Acolytes get caught up in a Phaenonite plot to expose the Amaranthine Syndicate and have to make hard choices about who to accuse, how to handle their investigation, and what allies they can trust if they hope to escape with minds and souls. But I was too afraid to handle the combat mechanics so I stopped running it.
>>
How should reanimation protocols work for necron PCs? On a similar note, would a necron ever allow Itself to be sanctioned?
>>
>>52748618
Our group's angsty teenager player always plays an edgy self insert. He has just messaged me that he would like to play a tech priest in our Only War game.

Here's the problem:

>He consistently tries to betray or undermine the party in our other games
>He wants to play a tech priest Khamrian "spy" essentially, that wants to try to bring back AI as a voice of the omnissiah.

My dilemma is that I wouldn't know how to play this without him being in constant danger of getting caught and executed. I also don't know want any of my players actively working AGAINST the cause. I feel like Only War's whole thing is "faceless bulwark of the imperium" and they RT or DH would be better suited for a special snowflake character.

Seriously, you guys always give great advice.
>>
>>52796012
It's more RT. It really shouldn't be OW.
>>
>>52796012
Kill him and get a new player.
>>
>>52795809
The Fear and Loathing homebrew book has rules for that.
A few might, depending on the Dynasty, they could be fairly open to resolving issues through negotiation and politics.
>>
>>52796369
As soulless monstrosities, do necrons have the capacity for fate points?
>>
>>52797194

>SEVERED FROM THE FATES
>Necrons do not possess Fate Points, since they are severed from the strands of fate at Biotransference. However, they may still inflict Righteous Fury as normal.

No fate points for crons.
>>
>>52797194
In Black Crusade, they can use Infamy Points.
>>
>>52796012
NO.
That archetype does *not* work for Only War. He can be a weirdo or a radical if he wants to, but an engineseer is part of the war effort. He's not going to have a lot of time to run off searching ancient ruins for bad things to wake up.
If he wants that, you guys should play RT or DH.
Seriously, a firm "no" will save you headaches down the line.
>>
File: city fight guard.jpg (159KB, 1024x658px) Image search: [Google]
city fight guard.jpg
159KB, 1024x658px
>>52787789
I've got two
>This War of Mine: 40,000
>The players are civillians, gangers, enforcers and clerics stuck inside a city under siege. Not directly drafted into the war effort, they struggle to survive and protect their loved ones as their world falls apart.
>The forces sent to protect them can be just as brutal as the enemy, and they have to make hard choices in order to survive. As time goes on, rations run short, and the enemy closes in. Can they hold on long enough for whatever rescue is coming?

My games are usually a little more comical though, so I doubt my player group would be in to it.
The other would be a similar game, but about an ad-hoc unit of Guard thrown together during a siege from various regiments that have been mauled. I always liked this quote:
>I've fought in this endless hateful war for eight months now, night and day. In that time I've aged a decade. My hair has turned grey, nearly all my squad have died, and I doubt I'll ever smile again. I've fought next to heroes and strangled men in their sleep. But I'm still alive and by the Emperor I plan to stay that way. -Acting Captain Haines, Third War for Armageddon.

It would be about similarly desperate and gritty struggles to survive. MY group doesn't really like the hierarchy of Only War, though. And I'm not sure how interesting it would really be.
>>
Are there any weapons that are deceptively overpriced for what they are?
>>
>>52800692
I'm sure there are better examples, but the first one that comes to mind is the Hell Rifle in DH Daemon Hunter, followed by the majority of Digi-weapons.
The Multicompass also deserves an honorable mention.
>>
>>52794838
So how much is the Mars Needs Women Magos' Lycraemarta?
>>
>>52803174

They'd begin with 7,000 xp like a normal class
>>
Guys i am joining my first DH (e1) game and not sure how to start the game, I got the following stats
WS17
BS30
Str31
T39
Ag30
P39
Will31
Fel 29

I am playing a forge world Tech priest, what starting skill should I pick and should I pick a background pack
>>
>>52804010
Where is your Int, newfriend?
>>
>>52803835
I thought that was Black Crusade characters. Are Only War characters worth the same then?
>>
>>52804010
>WS 17
Never attempt melee with anything, not even grots.
>>
>>52804411

the main difference in that regard is stats, OW roll 20+2d10, while BC rolls 25+2d10. Adding that 5 should boost things.
>>
File: 1420694389647.gif (354KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1420694389647.gif
354KB, 300x300px
>>
>>52775065
Altranks are always subject to GM approval.
Have fun though, that sounds like an interesting character.
>>52775585
Libricars make a bigger mess when they try to purge anything that deviates from the status quo. Monodominants just suffer not the xenos and the witch to live.
>>52780472
I was under the impression that RAW gave a two free rows by default, one of which was locked in as Career.
But yeah, someone who can't even be assed to look at the *names* of his origin path's components, just the crunch, is being a cunt, and bad game is worse than no game.
>>52785598
>it's a motherfucking board game!
No it's not.
I mean, death threats over it are still bizarrely petty, but it's not a boardgame.
>>52786238
I keep thinking that and then something like this happens. This is probably the worst I've seen here so far, though.
>>52786296
Not this shit again...
Fine, I'll bite. Everything is made up by someone. The fucking gamelines themselves aren't even always internally consistent, but homebrew that adheres to the conventions of the system can easily be balanced and add flavor and variety to the galaxy of the far future.
>>52786601
Personally I'm glad you misread; it's nice to see others fondly remembering Dark Heresy with Shas.
>>52786756
Glad to hear you haven't abandoned it. I haven't taken a look yet but it's good to keep projects afloat, and from your responses to critique it looked like you had the right mindset to make something great.
>>52786838
I'd let them cram in another reactor. XCOM rules.
>>52787398
They're pretty much the most important subset of Recongregationism for that reason, yeah. I'm a staunch Amalathian but some of the radical sects are on to some important ideas. Without Antiquarti digging into old history books we might not know the Ecclesiarchy's very existence defies the Emperor's will.

Are images refusing to open for anyone else?
>>
>>52787605
>>52787647
>>52787668
I've been looking forward to a game like that for a while now.
Someday...
>>52787789
Ever read "Praise the Emperor and Pass the Ammunition" on 1d4chan?
I wanna run Dark Heresy on a Hive whose defenses have been sabotaged as Plague Zombies run amok. Left 4 Dead, 40K edition, except there's no way out and death is inevitable, from starvation if nothing else, unless they hold out and scavenge well enough to last until the Blood Angels show up to reclaim the world.
It's one of several concepts I made as a oneshot for introducing normies to the grim darkness of the far future. I have a lot of campaign ideas, and I'm about to shelve my 9-planet Deathwatch campaign after it took months of play to complete a simple VIP exfiltration on the first planet.
>>52789239
Wrong thread.
>>52789447
Kek
I might steal that later
>>52795334
I've always done it as relation of attacker to target, but I don't use a grid. If I did I'd probably snap the scatter chart to fit it just for simplicity.
>>52798855
>My games are usually a little more comical though, so I doubt my player group would be in to it.
I dunno, a change of pace can make for some memorable games.
>>52800692
Lots, yeah, and some are grossly underpriced.
>>52804010
>forge world Tech priest
Assuming you've got a decent Intelligence score you're pretty solid. Your Weapon Skill is utterly shit, so get a decent pistol to use if you're crowded. Amp up your Toughness, buy cybernetics, and for the love of the Omnissiah get yourself some armour.
>>52805162
BC humans get a huge pile of skills and equipment. I haven't read MNW; did Shas give the Magos Lacrymallus that much starting stuff?
>>
>>52768407
Hey man, I hope you put your stuff back up on rollforheresy sometime. some people certainly appreciated it
>>
File: 1449225055722.jpg (31KB, 283x248px) Image search: [Google]
1449225055722.jpg
31KB, 283x248px
>>52808993
>I'm a staunch Amalathian
>STAGNATION IS THE FUCKING BEST U GUSY AND CHANGE IS HERESY

You're the kind of people that's ruining the Imperium.
>Are images refusing to open for anyone else?
And no, you're not alone.
>>
>>52804016
>>52808993
41 int
>>
>>52774207
I mean, on one hand you've got the guy who invented the LR Annihilator getting burned at the stake for sticking two lascannons on a Russ without an STC, and on the other you've got Admirals ordering entire ship classes built to their specifications.
>>
>>52809004
>>52804016
Yeah sorry I got 41 int

my main concern is should i take a background pack and delay a level up

or what kinda starting skill should take

I want my character to be some weapon master or some demolition expert
>>
Why doesn't DH2E have a Monster Manual yet
>>
>>52811480
Because there is the antagonists section though the core and splat books. If you need more, use books from other lines.
>>
>>52811493
But its more fun in one book with pictures and descriptions and flavour text
>>
>>52748618
How rare are Valkyries? Are there even rules for Valkyries in Only War?
>>
>>52811516
The only valkyrie that actually has stats only exists in a RT premade adventure.
>>
>>52811538
So a Drop Troop regiment doesn't really have Valkyries to pilot, they just have to ask the Imperial Navy everytime they deploy?
>>
>>52811516
Valkyries are pretty common. They're the workhorse of Guard air cav. Like a future Blackhawk helicopter.

It does seem a grave oversight they never got stated in Only War.
>>
>tfw the last Only War book will never exist
>>
>>52811885
Worse feel: the next rpg line will probably be worse, if it comes at all..
>>
>>52811885
It exists in the heart of every guardsman. Go and take it.
>>
>>52811852
Would it make sense for an OW regiment to have Valkyries as their vehicles? Or should you hew to the canon
>Only the Navy can pilot things, Imperial Guard can't
line that Lexicanum adopts?
>>
>>52811885
>My rules and stats? Why, they're right where I left them! You'll just have to find it!
>>
>>52811480
>yet
Maybe you should sit down, newfriend, we have some bad news ...
>>
>>52809197
Stagnation a shit, but it's safer than mucking about with systems that have managed to hold on for this long. Just because Inquisitors have the power to enact a little change doesn't mean they know what they're doing, and you're glossing over the more important part of my doctrine, trying to get the Imperium's various factions to shelve the infighting and focus on external threats like xenos and Chaos.

>>52810604
It's all about which Techpriests file the paperwork about it, I guess. Having connections in the AdMech probably helps with that, and Admirals probably have as much pull with the AdMech as Chapter Masters. The Land Raider Crusader proved popular enough...

>>52811885
I'm still annoyed that Undivided stuff got blatantly folded into the Tome of Decay, but at least we got it.
That reminds me, I still need to get proper PDFs of the Tomes of Decay and Fate, and then the entire RT line.

>>52812791
Maybe they expect one of us to compile every creature statblock from every sourcebook into a compendium of foes for each gameline? It's not a _terrible_ idea; it would make comparing stuff between gamelines to establish a baseline for how far to buff/nerf something not represented in one gameline when translating it over to another. It would just be a colossal pain in the ass with limited benefit.
>>
>>52811044
Your stats are good for it. Your Weapon Skill is arse but you really don't need it if you can get a decent pistol. Expensive advances to Agility will hurt you, but there's a ton of Techpriest-exclusive equipment in The Lathe Worlds, the Inquisitor's Handbook, and other soircebooks that'll synergize nicely with your high Ballistic Skill, Intelligence, and Toughness. You've basically got an ideal cogboy build.
I believe the Myrmidon is in the IHB, and suits some of your wants, but it's a later rank thing with some stringent entry requirements and a ridiculously oversized advancement table for a single rank. It does effectively represent a Techpriest Militant, but it's also yet another example of FFG sucking the AdMech's cybernetic cocks.
I'm afraid I'm not a great database for 1e TechPriest starting options. Try sup/tg/'s character generator.

Dodge, Demolitions, Medicae, and Tech Use are good places to focus your skill advancement efforts, but make sure to take some equipment to boost your rolls. You REALLY don't want to botch a Medicae test with more than two Degrees of Failure.
Trade (Armourer) might come in handy down the line for fitting weapon mods onto your team's guns, and is a prerequisite for Armour Monger. A lot of what I said earlier about Techmarines applies: your expensive Agility means you've got limited ability to Dodge, but with cybernetics and cheap Toughness you can be tanky enough to compensate against most foes. The Augur Array is still a good implant, but if you've got a Scum handling Awareness it's not a must.
>>
Is Deathwatch any good, anons?

Can I do things like play a Chaplain?
>>
File: DA_Chaplain_capelan.jpg (49KB, 394x759px) Image search: [Google]
DA_Chaplain_capelan.jpg
49KB, 394x759px
>>52813720
That's a hell of a question. There's a ton of people in here who love to claim that it sucks, but lots of us like it. I'm a major fan of it, and while it is pretty high-powered, ironically its noncompatibility with the other gamelines is rooted in mortals' advantages over Astartes. (Cheaper advances.)

It's a fuckawesome system with a lot of stuff you can do, and yes, you can play a Chaplain. Unlike Librarian, Apothecary, and Techmarine, it's not a base class; you have to start out as an Assault, Tactical, or Devastator Marine and then buy the Advanced Speciality. Tactical is ideal for cheaper Fellowship, a versatile build, and more benefit from gaining a melee weapon in the Crozius Arcanum, but Assaults have a ton of talents to capitalize on melee and jump packs to get stuck in.
Space Wolves get their own variant, the Wolf Priest, but Iron Hands are out of luck. Fortunately it's not hard to homebrew Iron Fathers based off of Wolf Priests, replacing the Apothecary bits with Techmarine ones and the Wolfy stuff with Iron.
>>
>>52813826
>Replace all instances of 'wolf' with 'iron' and 'claw' with 'hand'.
What pops out?
>>
>>52749588
>404 not found
...What happened in the last 3 days?
>>
>>52813826
So should I be a tactical or an assault marine for being a Chaplain? And are they in the core book? And what books are considered essential?
>>
>>52813978
And autist super sperged over them not cited Shas right away, doxxed them and sent a death threat.

Go go /tg/ autism.
>>
>>52813128
>>52813128
thing is I dont know if I should take a background back since it slows my level up but gives some early skills
>>
>>52813826
>>52814302
Woah, I found out that each chapter has special rules, and in the First Founding book DA can get free Terminator armor or something like that?

What are the DA rules?
>>
>>52787063
>Pathfinder
>World of Darkness
>Two lines that are in a race to see if the fans or the designers can be worse people
Hmm...actually, I guess GW fits right in there with 'em. Carry on.
>>
File: TheHastia-AngaranCommonArmy.pdf (661KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
TheHastia-AngaranCommonArmy.pdf
661KB, 1x1px
>>52787789
A brutal Only War campaign based on the Austro-Hungarian army during the Great War. Basically an army made up of troops from a world that's a shell of its former self fighting alongside the Death Korps of Krieg, against not-Russians backed by a cult of Tzeentch. Featuring as arcs:

>The Battle of Not-Tannenberg
>The Siege of Not-Przemysl and the war in the Carpathians
>The Not-Brusilov Offensive

This would be a pretty deadly campaign, sort of like the opening of All Guardsman Party, at least at first. I'd also specifically include a moment where the a brass band plays to boost morale as the squad tries to cross a river while under heavy artillery fire and a scene where the squad is ordered to charge a machine gun nest over open ground. Plus just all sorts of other incompetent leadership type things.
>>
>>52798855
Can I play as an Imperial Guard veteran who stabs everyone and steals their shit to easy mode the whole campaign, like in the War of Mine?
>>
>>52813107
Ah yes, your philosophy is also inherently contradictory! How silly of me to forget that you want to stagnate the nature of Imperium as it is and then also change and reform it. Because that makes sense.

This is always the problem with you "puritans", your ideologies and philosophies lack coherence because you consider the harmless ideas you'd need to solve your problems "heretical" and "blasphemous".

This is why we "Xeno Hybris" understand the greater truths of the universe that is needed for the Imperium to survive. We actually listen to those that have been around longer than our species and know far more about the Archenemy than we have accumulated in a mere ten thousand years.
>>
>>52813978
Hopefuly saved here

volume_i__the_mandragora_sector
>http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/89VDtTzY/file.html
volume_ii__the_astra_navis_mandragora
>http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/KwaWPPQw/file.html
volume_iii__the_dreadspace_scrolls
>http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/CZTZllB8/file.html
factions_i___the_black_run
>http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/jn4HqhJv/file.html
fleet_register__sector_fleet_mandragora
>http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/aLCVyNeo/file.html
exterminatus
>http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/hpxtaCjD/file.html
>>
>>52815165
Approved
>>
Threadly reminder to fucking PUT FAITH AND COIN OEF INTO THE MAIN MEGA

https://mega.nz/#!NNQjxTLb!IVEklUVbSSYUHNKKq3T_4_rl3jN82sfdlDhqW7c4jkQ

HERE IS THE FAITH AND COIN OEF
BE A NICE EMPEROR-LOVING CITIZEN AND ADD IT TO THE MAIN MEGA
>>
>>52814387 #
It doesn't slow your ranking up, it just costs some of your starting XP, the same as if you'd spent that XP on your Rank 1 table. If there's a package that suits your fluff and has crunch you want then go for it.
>>52814457 #
Yeah, distinguishing different Chapters is kind of a big deal. Dark Angels are in Core, but First Founding adds options for them along with Smurfs, Yiffs, and BAngles and introducing rules for Raven Guard, White Scars, Salamanders, and Iron Hands. Imperial Fists are covered in Rites of Battle, along with custom Chapters. Honour the Chapter adds a bunch of Chapters from later foundings.

Deathwing Veterans can indeed get Terminator Armor as standard issue, and their bonuses with it almost make up for how lousy it is in FFG40K. Not being allowed to dodge or run is pretty crippling when a few more points of armour over power armour do so little, and being able to equip a chainfist or assault cannon is unimpressive when chainfists can't Parry and assault cannons are outclassed in every way by FFG's overpowered boltguns.
>>52816643
Quashing half-assed change and impotently wishing things were better is just common sense when it comes to the Imperium, but my Amalathian roots don't make me a puritan, just a realist. Reform is needed, but trying to force it in a hurry will just leave Titanicus marching on themselves while Istvaanians masturbate furiously and Monodominants are too busy yelling and shooting each other to stop you xenos-lovers from kissing the feet of the witchborn and believing their lies as they abuse your trust and abuse humanity.
>>
File: IronFather.jpg (115KB, 600x771px) Image search: [Google]
IronFather.jpg
115KB, 600x771px
New thread >>52817093
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.