[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discussions about Quirk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 78745.jpg (61KB, 225x319px) Image search: [Google]
78745.jpg
61KB, 225x319px
Hello people of /tg/ I come asking a few questions.
question one, what is a good mild crunch superhero game?
question two, what is the best way to run a Boku no Hero Academia kind of game in that system
question three, should i let them build quirks or have them use some sort of random power generator.

So here is where i'm at I have been looking at a few systems one of the wild talents with the one roll system and it looks good but i would like other opinions before commitment.
>>
1. BESM
2. BESM/FATE
3. You should discuss with your players.

Someone is going to say Mutants and Masterminds. This person is wrong. M&M is a snoozefest of a game where you essentially play catch with a dodecahedron for 4 hours.
>>
File: Mirio.png (82KB, 267x297px) Image search: [Google]
Mirio.png
82KB, 267x297px
>>52747834
Same guy, just remembered the marvel heroes system. Never played it myself but here it has some weird roll for power origins thing that you might be interest in.
>>
>>52747834
i have played besm but not fate could you pro con them for me
>>
>>52747766

Dunno if Big Eyes Small Mouth is all that much to write home about. Seems to me like it's one of those "but we got these pictures that are related to what you want! And we say we made this system for what you want! That automatically makes us the go-to right?"

If you want mild crunch I'd just go with FATE. It probably is the best system to model flexible quirks and a world where battles are more about getting narrative momentum than it is about system mastery.
>>
>>52747863
Just figured putting the generic anime system there would be something.

>>52747857
Fate is a light on numbers system focused on narrative. Players have ranked skills and 'aspects', which are short collections of words that describe a thing. I would describe better but I am very tired.

The bright side is Fate Core Electronic is free for download. Look it up.
>>
>>52747863
thats kind of why I didn't go with it straight off the bat.
The system that it is based off of could work but that is why i wanted to try wild talents.
as its a system that is simple to apply to any story
>>
Used to be able to say the superpower wiki random page function way back in the day, but then that got popular and people added 20 million naruto powers and absurd anime powers that only ever have one user.
>>
>>52747918
that has been my problem as well i want to be able to have people have the possibility of a weak power that they have to make strong rather than being great from the get go.
>>
>>52747961
That might just take some creative writing plus some kinda random object. I dunno, play the "what's to your right" game? I have an air freshener. I could think of some silly aroma based power from that which while seemingly ineffectual during a fight could certainly be a very interesting utility power as far as creative applications.
>>
>>52747766
Maybe a low roll game of Golden Heroes or Squadron UK?
>>
>>52748208
I will have to look into that more than likely in the afternoon when i get off work
>>
My group has been running a Boku no Hero Acedemia game for the past 6 months using M&M and it works fine.

No matter what you do don't force powers onto people. People have preferences on both ends of the spectrum and the way to easily lose a player is to have a guy be a shape shifting werewolf when he really hates shapeshifters.
>>
>>52748374
This is important. You can veto powers but let players come up with their own powers. I know it's a big part of the world that powers are random and you could get screwed, but someone should want to play less power houseish powers if they want, not because you forced them.
>>
>>52747766
Wild Talent
>>
>>52747766
I'm currently running a scrub-level game... With my own system (Release TBD, at the latest it should be July), so I can maybe help with question 3.

I run a scrub-level game, so what I did was define "tiers" that powers have, and then penalize people for taking higher-tier powers than established, and reward them for taking lower-tier powers than established.

What makes this system fluid-however, is that you can lower a power's tier by giving it limitations (Think Mirio's Intangibility having a major limitation because he loses all his senses while using it).

That's how I got all of my players to get absolutely shit-tier powers for themselves, and subsequently the game has been pretty much as pathetic as I built it up to be.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.