[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would a fantasy campaign setting based on Colonial-Era

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0743.jpg (245KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0743.jpg
245KB, 1280x960px
What would a fantasy campaign setting based on Colonial-Era America look like?
>>
File: We have this thread every day.jpg (37KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
We have this thread every day.jpg
37KB, 396x382px
>>52740262
Like another cringefest made by burgers pushing for shit-tier setting to feel revelant and cover for the fact that's the best they can do for "historical knowledge".

Every fucking day at the same time we get this thread. Shit's stale, aramrite
>>
>>52740262
Have some native tribes, both hostile and friendly. Some independend states and two big coalitions, one against slavery and one for it?

Aside from that maybe add some sort of conspiracy like the freemasons and something to differentiate it from normal america? Like steampunk or cattlepunk?
>>
>>52740300
Why do you assume I like the concept because I want to circlejerk about my nation's history which I kinda want to do desu ? The main reason I like the concept is because I like the idea of fantasy races settling a new frontier they aren't used to.

Also, I haven't seen a thread about making fantasy based on American history in awhile.
>>
Small isolated villages of humans who are good send out adventures to kill villages of savage humanoids who are bad, take their shit and make more farms. The king overtaxes the farms, so some nobles organize a rebellion to become new king.
>>
>>52740300

Frankly I find the 1700's a pretty fascinating area of history. Guns and canons are commonplace, but melee combat also common. Still no steam technology, so everything is still horses and sails.Jacobite rebellion, Indian conflicts, 7 years war, American Revoluton...a lot of interesting stuff.

Colonial Gothic is a decent system geared toward supernatural horror in that period, but could be easily used for other genres.
>>
File: Heavy_orc_warrior_color.jpg (53KB, 600x835px) Image search: [Google]
Heavy_orc_warrior_color.jpg
53KB, 600x835px
Seventh son of a seventh son. You're welcome.
>>
>>52740300
I have a friend who talks about this setting all the time and he isn't even American
>>
>>52740300
>Like another cringefest made by burgers pushing for shit-tier setting to feel revelant and cover for the fact that's the best they can do for "historical knowledge".
I'd hate to see what you think of poles.
>>
>>52740262
I'll tell you mine.

The major thing in the world is East v West in a very Colonial America vs British Crown. The East has powerful and easy magic that is used for nearly everything from cooking and farming to royal duels and high class merchantile. The West? Well in the West magic is so volatile that you could blow a city by lighting a match. Since the world is full of creepy crawlies like Werewolves, Demons, and Vampires you got Salt. Just Salt. Werewolves are allergic to it, Vampires can't cross it, and Demons fear it. Towns have a ditch around them filled with salt so the monsters don't bite your head off in the night.
>>
>>52743189

All the intresting stuff happened outside of America.

America was back then what the Australian outback is now.

BOORING
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.