[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you deal with a setting based on Madagascar mythology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: tompondrano.jpg (105KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
tompondrano.jpg
105KB, 640x400px
How would you deal with a setting based on Madagascar mythology?
>>
>>52734287
Introduce the Afro Circus.
>>
Close down the ports.
>>
>>52734287
We knoe nothing about it.

tell us more.

What is the most interesting creature in it?
>>
>>52735834
It's hard to get any definitive myths since it is an obscure part of the world. It has some standard things like Giants and Little Folk. Their Far were the Vazimba, which were like short elves that humans descended from. Most of the monsters were things like seven headed serpents or other sea monsters. Madagascar ogres tended to hoard silver, and could talk to mountains
>>
>>52734287
There's also a few myths where gods and heroes could ressurect you if they had your bones. If you were pissed off or died with business, you wouldn't turn into a ghost but rather a snake with your face on it, and certain rituals would have to be preformed to let you rest
>>
Finally a big thing with Madagascar mythology is taboos, which everyone had to follow. It varied from tribe to tribe, and people thought you could turn into a demon if you broke enough of them without seeking atonement
>>
Possession is a big thing with Malagasy monsters, and most can possess people and make them do crazy things, or catch some kind of disease
>>
Pic related is a Man Eating Tree that colonists thought existed
>>
File: 250px-The_ya-te-veo.jpg (42KB, 250x387px) Image search: [Google]
250px-The_ya-te-veo.jpg
42KB, 250x387px
>>52737419
Forgot pic
>>
>>52737437
A shoggoth?
>>
>>52737448
Yeah except without all the cool parts
>>
>>52737448
Looks more like a Dark Young
>>
>>52737536
Yeah that's what I had in mind but couldn't remember the name.
>>
>>52737571
>Deepest darkest with Cthulu
I'd play it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.