[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Middle Eastern Superhero Setting 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 3841637-dust_uc.jpg (80KB, 435x640px) Image search: [Google]
3841637-dust_uc.jpg
80KB, 435x640px
Given that the last thread on the subject was surprisingly excellent, here's another one:

We make up details of a superhero setting where the Middle East region takes the place America (or the US, or New York, or Manhattan) does in much of comics. Everything interesting happens there. Aliens land in the Middle East. Atlantis is in the Middle East. Gods come to the Middle East. Any mutants just so happen to be born in the Middle East. All the important heroes are from the Middle East. If anyone isn't, they're a one-off caricature of whatever country they're from and never significant to the plot.

I want to make a Wild Talents setting out of this, it's just a fantastic idea.
>>
>>52733735
There must be at least one mummy lurking around in the setting, but I don't know whether it would be a hero or a villain.
>>
>>52733958
It's neither, it's the fucking mummy. Not one of the good guys, not one of the bad guys, not something intbetween. It's one of the mummy guys doing mummy things.
>>
>>52734068
Return the slab or suffer my curse..
>>
Anyone got a link to the last thread?
It happened quite a while ago and I completely forgot about it in the mean time but I remember it having some pretty interesting points about how a middle eastern equivalent of Captain America would look (or rather why a direct equivalent wouldn't be possible).

>>52734068
What are mummy things anyway? Is there more to it than just guarding their tomb?
>>
>>52734281
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/52362299/#52362299

There ye go
>>
>>52734281

Guarding their tomb, reclaiming a lost relic from it, reliving their life's calling/pursuit from their past life, existing as a kind of guardian of Egypt (or the Sudan) with a potentially flawed anachronism to their outlook. So a Mummy guardian of Egypt still believes it's in a way the times of Ramessess II - Canaan (israel/Lebanon/East bank so Jordan/Some of Syria) is to be subjugated and kneel before the mighty pharaoh Sisi, Turkey is the land of the Hittites and a foe to be challenged.

With that reliving their life's calling - a mummy who was a great scientist in the past will continue to pursue this in the present. So they might be a mummy reed richards. A mummy who was a great artisan will be an epicurean. I think the mummy movie series was about Imhotep or whoever having spurned love or betrayed love? So maybe the Mummy is trying to find his or her beloved who was phylacteried in some amulet taken somewhere.
>>
Anyone use the idea of a Saudi prince building a power suit?
>>
File: Arabian Wizard.png (248KB, 334x310px) Image search: [Google]
Arabian Wizard.png
248KB, 334x310px
>>
>>52734092
you motherfucker, you giving me nightmares.
>>
>>52736619
What's that a reference to?
>>
>>52736499
Is that from Heroes VII?
>>
I'm just here for slutty niqabs
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.