[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dungeons the Dragoning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1456358859215.png (378KB, 1024x591px) Image search: [Google]
1456358859215.png
378KB, 1024x591px
Why the fuck not, its been a while

Materials:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8z4Cy1zaGU1bnJMaDE4WDZZUlk

The forum with homebrew shit (the created material is overall good, but beware of the circlejerking):
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/index/

Tell me about your party, what did you play?
>>
>>52733518
as much as I like this game, my player-base is too new to RPGs to handle how complicated the system is.

we're gonna do shadowrun soonish, and after that maybe we can do something so very crunch-heavy. but until then we're sitting down with just bog standard D&D.

I kind of wish Lawful Nice would come back and do a really good official edit and re-work of the book 2 so the vehicle rules are more clear
>>
>>52733593
vehicle rules are a fucking mess, is the only complain I have with the system

and true, this game is better enjoyed the more RPG experience the players have, although one of my players is a girl who has only played D&D5ed before and she is enjoying it a lot (although the bitch is constantly asking her boyfriend to do the math for her and asking what to roll, but considering that at least she is quick on deciding actions I don't mind)

what would you play?
>>
File: Shane the Shy.png (477KB, 1185x2294px) Image search: [Google]
Shane the Shy.png
477KB, 1185x2294px
>>52733620
forever GM here.

but if possible I'd run a variant of pic-related.

because I want a villain to be distinctly hate-able.

as a player?
some form of tinker/builder
the homebrew classes make this a really viable option, or they did last time I looked at them(builds in days instead of months)
>>
>>52733666
I'm forever GM of DtD too. Months of experience with the game has made me want to be a master more than a player.
Luckily the "ally" background, which can be chosen by the players, allow the GM to have a DMPC, as long as it is weaker than the party members, to pitch in.

Personally I made a fucking YUGE "orignal world, donut steel" with 15 countries, each being a blatant reference to something I personally like (its DtD, blatant references are okay) and constantly waging war a la Romance of the three kingdoms-warring states-sengoku period.
Lots of war, political intrigue, high magic and anachronism, no space stuff (since the space rules for ships are a mess) and my favorite thing ever: sympathetic villains and BBEG who are constantly meeting with the party, having tea with them and showing credible weaknesses instead of just being unknown forces with no relation to the group
>>
>>52733763
>15 countries, each being a blatant reference to something I like
I'm actually curious
>>
>>52733763
>I'm forever GM of DtD too.
no as in I am a forever GM.

I WISH I could run DtD
>>
I wish I could play DtD. I'm a forever DM but I've never run a high power campaign so I'm not really sure how to run DtD well.
>>
>>52733806
it might look like unadulterated cringe, but trust me when I say that it works and my players like it:

1-Fairy nation Not!Japan called Gensokyo and ruled by an aristocratic vampire loli in a scarlet mansion
2-Nation of aesimars and giants that is Not!threekingdoms-china ruled by Not!CaoCao
3-Theocracy of the cog, blatant Techpriest nation mixed with gratuitous gundam mecha
4-Rance Kingdom, ruled by a reluctant rapist king, nuff said
5-Small island nation that is almost entirely dedicated only to being mercenaries for other nations ruled by Not!magoichi saika
6-Obligatory hive-city for cyberpunk and Not!Dredd stuff
7-Dieselpunk nation for Not!Fallout Ruled by Not!Sturm from advance wars
8-Nation of mages with Not!19thC.Caspian culture ruled by an academy that is completely Not!Fate mages and heroic spirits
9-Dessert nation of Not!Korea-Manchuria ruled by necromancers with Not!manniarco from Daggerfall as the leader
10-Not!Siam kingdom of jungle and mountains with dinosaurs and werewolves ruled by Not!Zyzz
11-Obligatory European country of paladins representing the powers of order, reference to a previous DnD campaign we did
12-Counterpart of the previous one, but with paladins dedicated to the chaos gods. Ironically more honorable and good aligned than the paladins
13-Not!Midland from Berserk, Not!Griffith got killed by the players last sessions after they discovered that he was a disguised demon
14-Not!Siberia with slavs for the ebin cheeky breeky may mays (This came because my players said I do a pretty funny russian accent impersonation) ruled by a vodka bottle (which is actually possesed by a powerful wraith)
15-The player's country, Not!Qing-China ruled by a three-kreen and filled to the brim with exalteds. Featuring things like a samurai institution that only accepts men, a ninja university that only accepts women (totally Not!Senran-Kagura) and the army having generals like Not!Kanki, Not!Date-masamune or Not!Lohemgram
>>
File: Captura.png (822KB, 697x906px) Image search: [Google]
Captura.png
822KB, 697x906px
>>52733971
worry not

Although it might seen like your players start at a very high level keep in mind that it is easy to die, a common soldier having the chance of one-shooting a very prepared character if they are not careful. The kind of quests that could be prepared for medium-level characters can still be applied (enter temple, kill monsters inside, retrieve mcguffin) and if you are still worried the book has a chapter dedicated to game-modes and how to run them, pic related
One tip I can give is to still make them subordinates to someone more powerful than them and
>>
>>52733971
Emphasize on how awesome the players are, then realize you are free to throw overpowered shit at them without problems. Worry that you might have created something unbeatable, laugh at how the players are able, by being clever, to defeat your creations (although with frequent losses). Have fun together at the table and then have fun outside the sessions creating more overpowered shit to throw at them in interesting and unique encounters
>>
>>52733666
>some form of tinker/builder
if you are talking about weapons and armor then sure

stay away from vehicles, I'm personally trying to find alternative rules for vehicles because the available ones are a mess
>>
>>52734967
yeah, someone needs to track down LawfulNice and beat him with kielbasas until he finished making a proper edition of book 2
>>
>>52737378
Book 2 really isn't worth anything, except for the drugs.
>>
>>52737491
I disagree, the new classes, exaltations, gun kata and the weapon creator were very much needed
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.