[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

School Setting, Political Game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: HighSchool Front 003.JPG.jpg (439KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
HighSchool Front 003.JPG.jpg
439KB, 2048x1536px
So, I just had an idea, what about a game based on the sociol/political inner workings of highschool?

Every cliché niche, every label, all of it made into a game. And the goals can be from just surviving school to becoming the head hancho or even knocking the head hanchos from their gilded thrones.

I'm thinking some kinda social currency too, earning brownie points to burn on favors and shit.

And to make sure its not to realistic, adding some of those silly school elements like the Hustler Kid from Recess and stuff. Some of those crazy fantasies from our childhoods maybe that probably wouldn't happen in realife but could be possible in the game.

And we could change the seriousness of the game based on the school type. Private schools, elementary and high schools, collages and single gender schools. Maybe even add in the religious ones in if it didn't get too... Straining.

Well whatcha think? Does something close exist to build off this cause I think this could be a pretty interesting kinda game.
>>
It would have to be British Academy/Japanese High School

Nowhere else is the student body even permitted to do more than organize a few events a year.
>>
>>52725901
While that may be true in some sense, we all know that parents don't really remember all the social whatchamacallits from School, teachers are even worse sometimes. Its like, you're here all the time how can you not see what's going on!?

That said, for the settings sake, have mostly everything going on in the back ground and under the noses of parents and school staff.
>>
File: 1437028491796.png (201KB, 600x488px) Image search: [Google]
1437028491796.png
201KB, 600x488px
>>52725901
>It's a Japanese High School Battle Shonen
>With an overly powerful student council
>The principal isn't a responsible adult, but there are two principals who are elected by the student council every year
>It's basically the Roman senate, but in high school
>The PC party leader is basically Marius trying to take over the school so she can run it for the students
>The BBEG is basically Sulla, who has a tight grip on the student council and wants to maintain the status quo
>Both groups try to turn as many cliques to their side as possible
>Each of them manage to round up a gang of delinquents with battle mechs
>Lethal fights are a daily occurance
>To bolster their numbers, the student council has adopted incredibly lax foreign exchange student policies
>But for some reason all foreign exchange students are British, French, German or Russian
>They're also all blonde and inexplicably speak perfect Japanese while being unable to pronounce even the most basic words in their native languages

Sulla-chan best girl, Mari-chan a shit.
>>
>>52725853
yeah, and you and your friends can also solve town mysteries like if the lumber mill is really haunted or who killed the homecoming queen
>>
>>52725853

Check out Monsterhearts.
>>
>>52726040
Nothing like that, the Student Council having the principal in their pocket is too much. Honestly they would have very little power like you would expect.

And the school social structure being as organized as the Roman Senate is also kinda unreal.

Now turning the niches against one another would be something to do. Like turning the Jocks against the Goths/Emos.

The whole Battle Mech thing though is completely outside what this setting is meant to be. There wouldn't be any Powers or Advanced Technology unless it was in a Magic/Sci-fi version of the setting. Even then Mechs are too over the top.

What would be employed is a heavy skill system. Everything would be something that could be learned, exaggerated to some higher degrees but still something possible.

As for Forgien Exchange Students... that could be an interesting modifier, same with New Kids, Transfers from other/rival schools. That would be interesting to get into.

>>52726219
Might be possible if the setting allowed peronormal happenings. As for the murder... maybe that could be done. Violence is not something that should be dismissed but at least restrained within reason. I mean, if you kill someone and hide the body, you better be able to get away with it or your PC is getting taken out of play by the Police one way or another.
>>
Single shameless self bump.
>>
>>52726291
>>52725853
Also check out Bubblegumshoe
>>
>>52726291
>>52730542
Hank you, hank you
>>
>>52725853
I would play this if it didn't end up super weeby
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.