[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling all Britfags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 36

File: IMG_0719.png (13KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0719.png
13KB, 1280x640px
I intend to run a relatively comfy game set in the modern British countryside involving the fair folk. Trying to keep it PG(-13) rated.

I don't know much about the place besides Hot Fuzz and what I've seen in amusing BBC YouTube clips.

The general idea was the faeries/elves trying to come back and reclaim the Isles for themselves. The PCs are gonna be modern druids. Think lad power rangers.
>>
>>52710651

I don't know what you're actually asking for here.
>>
File: 1479240029351.png (165KB, 563x721px) Image search: [Google]
1479240029351.png
165KB, 563x721px
>>52710651

So what is this thread for?
>>
firstly do a basic Wikipedia and learn that Britain is multiple countries with vastly different countryside... Parochial England? Scottish moors or uplands? Welsh mountain or valleys? Norfolk broads? Cornish moors?
>>
>>52710651
A jolly green giant rides into your thread and asks you to chop off his head right now, if in return you'll allow him to chop off your head a year from now.

How do you respond?
>>
>>52712926
Well I say no. Why would I want to cut his head off or risk my own?

You missed out an important part of the story where the green knight is a massive faggot to everyone around him so the knights want to fight him
>>
>>52712997
You are a coward and all will remember you as the craven dog you are.

C'mon cut my head off!
>>
>>52712892
Lets be honest here, you know exactly what he's talking about. To outsiders, 'British' is usually southern England/London. If they meant something more precise they'd say 'Scottish Moor' or something.
>>
File: 1491334783190.png (598KB, 700x714px) Image search: [Google]
1491334783190.png
598KB, 700x714px
>>52713014
Alright faggot its on now
>>
Just remember to include chavs and awkward social interactions with drunk fuckheads, you'll be fine
>>
>>52710651
I can only speak for the Welsh countryside (mid Wales), but it's mostly irritable farmers who almost exclusively speak Welsh and dislike the English
T. Someone who speaks welsh, and ain't fond of the English.
>>
>>52713041
He said "Hot Fuzz". Hot Fuzz was filmed in the West Country and it's very representative of it.
>>
>>52710651
Man I can't offload an entire culture onto you in the form of one post. Just read Tristram Shandy or Pratchett or something.
>>52715443
Wales is by far the worst part of England. Even worse than Cornwall.
>>
>>52710651

I dunno if the OP has abandoned his thread, but for what it'says worth...

Brit abroad here. I've been out the country a few years but some things always remind me of home,

Anything by Simon Peggy and Ed Wright, cornetto trio.

Download that game set in the English countryside in the 1980 so called 'everybody's gone to the rapture' for excellent village scenes. You can probably get some scenes from youtube.

You haven'the given much context to go on. Date, place, etc
>>
>>52710651
we have a bit of a train pirate problem out in the countryside
there was a documentary on it a few years back, and the way the economy's going, it's been slowly getting worse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn2gOI3nHsw
>>
>>52715509
>cornwall
>bad
I'm not saying all of it is good, but I have no idea why any emmit would go to the shitty parts, which are so easily avoidable.
>>
>>52710651
>Think lad power rangers

cancer. Where you from OP?
>>
>>52710651
>British countryside involving the fair folk
Pratchett's Lords and Ladies and the first Tiffany Aching book (wee free men) has effectively that - not modern, it's discworld, but still pretty good for it

If you're up north or in scotland you will probably want to check out the Seelie and Unseelie courts
>>
>>52710651
Most brits these days would just point the elves towards London and let them get on with it.
>>
>>52710651
Pick up a copy of Lords and Ladies by Terry Pratchett. You might be able to get a boxed set of all TP's witches novels
>>
>>52715478
I'd argue the west country is A.In southern England and B.If its not, its pretty similar to it.
>>
>>52715978
Oh no.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tees-Exe_line
>>
>>52716007
Scratch what I said, I was getting west country and east anglia mixed up.
I'm a disgrace to the country.
>>
>>52716052
you have issues
>>
>>52716052
Londoner, aren't you?
>>
>>52716052

You fuckin donut. Well the accents are pretty similar and they're both very rural southern areas so it's understandable.

>>52715532

Cornwall's alright. It's not some inner-city shithole full of gangs so it's got that going for it. What with the internet and cheap deliveries it's not so much of a problem being out of the way either.
>>
File: 1489637020957.jpg (250KB, 534x488px) Image search: [Google]
1489637020957.jpg
250KB, 534x488px
>>52716140
I didn't think I did until now, but what with mixing up both north/south and east/west I reckon I might be genuinely retarded.

>>52716160
Not even close
>>
>>52716165
>donut
>DONUT
>>
>>52716165
>It's not some inner-city shithole full of gangs
It's the poorest and roughest part of the country.
>>
>>52716243
erm, no that's the Midlands and then the north. going by poverty, jobs, employment, benefits, stds, investments; social disorder, criminal activity. everything the south and the southwest e.g down to Cornwall are the most affluent, educated and valued housing. stupid Northen scum.
>>
>>52716532
A quick google of "poorest part of UK" brought up everything from Cornwall to North-East to Wales. So I'm not trusting whatever it was I read that said Cornwall was THE poorest. Still poor though.
>>
>>52715509
>All of Wales
>Worse than Cornwall
>Worse than Newcastle
>Worse than Glasgow

Get fucked boyo.
>>
>>52716643
Yup, that's about right.
>>
>>52716643
Sorry Rhys, that's the truth.
>>
>>52710651
How much time have you got OP?
Britain's quite a big place for such a small Island but here's a read/watch/listening list to maybe cram a small fraction of it into your skull. Some of these you're going to have to download or buy, and some of then are frankly a bit shit, but not every Brit is a paragon of good taste sorry.

TV - try to watch at least half a dozen episodes of each
Eastenders
Coronation Street
Emmerdale
Dr Who (ahh bet you've already done this one)
Skins
Grange Hill
The Thick of It
Two pints of Larger and a Packet of Crisps
The Fast Show/Harry Enfield and Chums
Goodness Gracious Me
X-Factor (skip the music bits you're interested in the hosts and contestants)

Film
This is England
4 Lions
The Cornetto Trilogy
Love, Honour and Obey
Billy Elliot
Trainspotting
Something with Hugh Grant in it

Listen
BBC Radio 1 (or just get the current charts off the website)
BBC Radio 4 (listen to it all day every day for a few)
Absolute Radio (at the weekend)
Blur - 13
Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory
Madness - One Step Beyond
The Specials - Ghost Town (single)
So Solid Crew - They Don't know
Akala - Knowledge Is Power - Mixtape, Vol. 1
Goldie Looking Chain - Greatist Hits

Read
Literally everything ever written by Terry Pratchett, The aforementioned Lords and Ladies if you plan on reading only one book.
Julian Barnes - England England
Neil Gaiman - Neverwhere
Martin Amis - The Moronic Inferno
Nick Hornby - Fever Pitch
Alan Bennett - Writing Home

News (or the closest thing we have to it) Find em online the right ones will usually end .co.uk unsurprisingly
The Private Eye (Satirical but more true and less partisan than the others)
The Guardian
The Telegraph
The Times
The independent

Things that proclaim to be news but really shouldn't, you will become dumber just by reading them but people believe them so your NPC's should too.These are also online
The Metro
The Sun
The Mirror
The Sunday Sport
The Daily Mail
The Daily Express
>>
>>52710651
>The general idea was the faeries/elves trying to come back and reclaim the Isles for themselves.

Make sure to have Boris Johnson jump into some aspect of this in order to drum up political support for his ever-delayed run at the PM's seat, then disappear for the next few months when he makes a complete tit of himself in the process.

You don't have to, but you won't get the authentic English experience unless you just mention it happening in the background.
>>
>>52716588
Cornwall is a tricky region to measure because it has both the richest and the poorest communities in the country, generally the former are along the coast and have a lot of upper class old people, while the latter are the former mining towns in the hinterland with no jobs and no prospects.
>>
>>52716727
>4 Lions

Absolutely patrician. More people need to watch this film.
>>
>>52716750
Yeah those tin-mines are what I'm talking about. Not your average SEasterner gone for a nice rustic holiday.
>>
>>52716727
>Eastenders
>Coronation Street
>Emmerdale

Emmerdale is probably the only useful one if he's setting his game in the countryside.

Also, I can't in good conscience let a man attempt to watch all three of these at once. There's only so much damage the human brain can recover from.
>>
>>52716780
Hollyoaks
>>
>>52716727
Where the fuck are the Archers
>>
>>52716780
It was more to get a feel for what British people Think about and talk about
>>52716798
Radio 4 all day every day, I shoud have specified that one of those days should be Sunday
>>
>>52716727
Most of this is not really relevant to the countryside.

If you want countryside I'd recommend things like Withnail and I, Father Ted, Midsomer Murders,...

Talking about Gaiman, Ocean at the End of the Lane is more relevant for the countryside than Neverwhere (even if I like Neverwhere better)

I've found these pages also quite useful:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/Britain
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Myth/CelticMythology
>>
File: eurgh.png (122KB, 398x309px) Image search: [Google]
eurgh.png
122KB, 398x309px
>>52716790
I completely fucking forgot about that one.

Is it still even running?
>>
>>52716727
You missed an important one if you're going for a basic 'English countryside' sort of deal.

The Archers. The world's longest running radio soap opera that's boring as fuck but grants a pretty insightful look into rural folk.
>>
>>52716830
And YOU missed ME pointing that out ;))))))
>>
>>52716830
He mentioned Radio 4 mate.
>>
File: stat him.jpg (12KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
stat him.jpg
12KB, 320x180px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNaCHXrnr9U

stat him /tg/
>>
>>52716822
Yes Midsomer Murders! god I dropped the ball there

I'm not gonna lie though even when I lived out in the sticks Eastenders and Grange hill were still staples of my telly watching. London Culture dominates, at least in the wilds of Essex, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire
>>
>>52716874
Midsomer Murders was set in my town once.

I guess we're pretty famous.
>>
>>52716874
Yeah, I remember watching Grange Hill as a kid. Then there was other stuff like The Queen's Nose and the Demon Headmaster. And, of course, a bunch of American stuff like Hey Arnold.

I get the impression it was all Londonish, looking back on it. I'm not sure stuff like Midsomer Murders and the like is all that entertaining for kids.
>>
>>52716765
Just avoid these towns, problem solved. It's not that difficult, the good and the shitty parts are clearly separated.
>>
>>52716932
Biker Grove is the only Regional Kids programme I think of off the top of my head
>>
>>52716932
>I remember watching Grange Hill as a kid. Then there was other stuff like The Queen's Nose and the Demon Headmaster.
I remember those shows. I fucking hated them. God they were so bad.

I actually preferred MM quite a bit, and I love Poirot. All the fiction-shows (?) were shit, but Raven and 50-50 and the like were good.
>>
File: uk.jpg (340KB, 2093x860px) Image search: [Google]
uk.jpg
340KB, 2093x860px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hM6xMWYOv0
>>
>>52717071
>Ireland is the BEST!!!!
>uk.jpg
I've already won.
>>
>>52716750
As an emmit living in a Cornish seaside town, I can safely say that there's two very distinct classes:

On one hand, you've got the rich emmits who either move in to retire or move in to raise their children in an idyllic countryside town. They're always a little patronizing of the locals and always view Cornish ways as a little quaint and backwards. It's safe to say that they make up about a fifth of the population. They tend to be teachers, accountants, generally any sort of office profession. Their education usually outstrips the locals by such a large margin that the Cornish don't have a chance of getting jobs in those professions.
The other four fifths of the population are the poor-as-dirt locals that make their living catering to the emmits and the tourists and the second-home owners. A lot of them have no education and just scrape by on whatever job they can find. I know about a dozen different blokes who spend April to September living in their cars while they rent out their houses to holiday-makers and then move back in from October to March, living on the money they accumulated over the summer and spring. Nine out of ten people I know who are employed only work part-time jobs because no one's got the money to pay for a full-timer. Over half of them have multiple part-time jobs that they struggle to juggle to make ends meet. There's plenty of jobs down here, the issue is that the jobs generally don't give you enough to live off of. A lot of people find that it's easier to live on benefits than to struggle to get by in the part-time economy down here. Fuck, there's even a pattern to it. Girls that don't manage to go to university or move away to a city spend a few years trying to get by doing part-time work as shop assistants, teaching assistants, generally 'assistant' roles. By the time they're 25, most of them have given that up and have at least one kid because they make more money off unemployment and child benefits than working part-time.
>>
File: flag bearer 7.png (209KB, 3015x799px) Image search: [Google]
flag bearer 7.png
209KB, 3015x799px
>>52717071
ftfy
>>
File: AinsleyDynamic.png (765KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
AinsleyDynamic.png
765KB, 1001x1001px
>>52717196
>english
>white
>>
>>52716727
The Guardian is total shite these days m8
>>
File: Ronnie Pickering.jpg (81KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
Ronnie Pickering.jpg
81KB, 950x534px
Just make sure you use this guy as a random encounter, pretty high CR if theres any justice in the world.
>>
>>52717196
>manx

bunch of petrol-sniffing inbreds, somehow manage to be even more irrelevant than wales and N Ireland. Last time they were on the news was because some sheep died in a snowstorm
>>
>>52717264
>Not being able to distinguish English people and """"""""""British"""""""""" Londoners
>>
File: gaha.jpg (134KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
gaha.jpg
134KB, 413x395px
>>52717196
>London generates over 80% of the UK's money, has the best standards of living, the best standards of education, the best health standards, etc
>b-b-but brown people!

I love these images.

The north of England is genuinely coasting on the success of the south.
>>
>>52717346
it's sad that people actually believe this
>>
File: Brit11.png (26KB, 726x526px) Image search: [Google]
Brit11.png
26KB, 726x526px
>>52717340
same thing lad.

>>52717346
>game set in london
>call to prayer can be heard
>>
>>52717360
>>52717379
>people that have never been to London
>>
File: BBC-Country-File.png (713KB, 1383x775px) Image search: [Google]
BBC-Country-File.png
713KB, 1383x775px
>>52716727
>>52716822
Also watch some Countryfile, it's a weekly documentary that's run on Sundays since 1988 it's all about the land and the people. I know I'm getting old because I'm starting to enjoy it.
>>
>>52717346
>He thinks im a northerner
>>
>>52717396
>people who have never been out of the caliphate of Al-london
>>
File: LaughingGeralt.jpg (91KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingGeralt.jpg
91KB, 500x333px
>>52717396
>wanting to go to the 3rd world
>>
>>52717396
Visited London for the first time since I was small pretty recently, I was fucking amazed at how not-like-England it felt.

Walked through what felt like some kind of Jewish ghetto and then down a couple of busy streets that were about 60-70% black.

It was pretty weird. Most pro-/pol/ I've felt in a long time.
>>
>>52717421
>>52717405
>>52717379
Every fucking time, can we not do this? I'm fuckin' begging you, can we just not let a discussion on this website about my country NOT be about London and Muslims and only London and Muslims?
>>
>>52717405
I think you mean the caliphates of Al-Newcastle and Manchester.
>>
>>52717346
It does have those things. It also has some of the worst, because the money spent on those things has to come from somewhere.
>>
>>52717448
>Walked through what felt like some kind of Jewish ghetto

This is how you know anon is a liar.

The Jewish community in London is based in pretty affluent areas. They pretty much live shoulder to shoulder with the toffs.
>>
>>52717448
What part of what borough? Like, you need to say the actual, specific area you are in.

Whitechapel is not Brixton is not Kentish Town is not West Wickham is not Selhurst is not Camden Town.

Walking half a mile in London is enough to take you from the shittiest little ghetto to the most gentrified private road you've ever seen.
>>
>>52717465
You're asking autists to move beyond their autismal triggers. Commendable but it's like asking a very retarded wave to stop crashing on rocks.
>>
>>52717511
I don't know what they're called desu. The ones with the top hats and the long hair.
There was a whole park full of them.
Maybe I used the word ghetto wrong. The part of the city wasn't bad, it was quite a nice park.
>>
>>52717560
From memory and google maps I think one of the places was bethnal green. Looking at the map I probably went through clapton too, I reckon.
>>
>>52717560
>Walking half a mile in London is enough to take you from the shittiest little ghetto to the most gentrified private road you've ever seen.

Sometimes walking five or six feet will do that.

Fucking Maida Vale. Literally 3-5 million pound houses on one side of the road, council estates on the other.
>>
>>52717448
London's a funny old place you can literally take one turning and feel like you've been transported to another city entirely, like just compare Brick land to Spitalfields, 30 seconds walk from one another and completely different, then you turn off Brick lane and you're in a Housing estate that could be in any Northern industrial town.

>>52717564
That'll be Stoke Newington I recon
>>
>>52717564
>>52717587
>The ones with the top hats and the long hair.
>Bethnal Green

Kek, that may have actually been one of several Christian sects.
>>
Watch Midsomer Murders. It's extremely popular abroad, probably more so than domestically. Basically it's just a comfy show about a detective in a fictional county where people just lose it one day and kill 5 of their neighbours.

It's extremely Little England and you get new traditions in each episode, like bell ringing, Morris dancing or low key paganism.
>>
File: Orthodox_jews_london.jpg (35KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
Orthodox_jews_london.jpg
35KB, 460x287px
>>52717564
>top hats and the long hair.
Orthodox Jews?
>>
File: 1487946898820.png (158KB, 320x264px) Image search: [Google]
1487946898820.png
158KB, 320x264px
>>52717660
Yes, those motherfuckers right there

I live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, plz no bully
>>
Since this is a britbong thread and /wodg/ is almost entirely filled with shitposting, I'll try here.

I'm running a game of Changeling: The Lost, the Freehold's set in London. Anyone who knows the system got any idea how the Courts would claim territory in London? Beyond Summer in the East End, Winter in the City/Soho (it's still a red light district in the WoD), Autumn in Bloomsbury and Holborn and Spring in Mayfair, Marylebone and the West End, I'm having some trouble, since I don't live there.
>>
>>52717618
Nah, Hackney's got a huge Jewish population and it's right next to Tower Hamlets. It makes sense.
>>52717587
Basically, you went through one of the most extreme non-white slums in London and also passed by one of the more affluent 'ethnically diverse' areas. No wonder your opinion of London is so skewed.
>>
>>52717620
it also has an episode where someone was killed by a cheese wheel and theme tune that introduced me to the theremin (haunting as fuck!)

Be sure to get nice and comfortable before starting an episode, because they are like 90 minutes with no commercial break and there are more than a 100 episodes
>>
>>52717687
Now I don't know much about WoD but there would be a big split between the City of London and the City of Westminster. The City of London is the historical city of Londinium founded by the Romans and it's not actually huge. It existed as a semi-independent entity for ages, it elects it's own Lord-Mayor with corporations getting votes and the old gates are guarded by little iron dragons. I'm sure you can do something with that.

Check out the CGPGray videos for a nice summery on the split.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrObZ_HZZUc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ROpIKZe-c
>>
File: hornedowl - kopie.png (790KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
hornedowl - kopie.png
790KB, 600x900px
>>52717465
>question about the countryside
>discussion about London
>>
>>52717687
Why would the Winter Court like red light districts?

I'd associate winter with the death of hope and stuff like that. Things you'd encounter in the bigger estates.
>>
>>52717777
>Death of Hope
have you ever been to SoHo? (I'm only half joking)
>>
>>52717777
>Hope isn't slowly snuffed out and ground into the dirt in red light districts
>>
>>52717400
Which reminds me, there was this gardening/farming show on the BBC my grandma used to watch. More of a talkshow, I believe. Anyone know what that was?
>>
>>52717777
Same as in the Miami Freehold in the books, they sell drugs to cultivate despair. Also hookers are pretty fucking sorrowful.
>>
>>52717777
>Being a prostitute isn't depressing
You need some seriously hardcore acting skills sometimes to keep up the facade.
>>
>>52717687
have you've ever read/seen/listened to Neverwhere? It is not an answer to your question but it might be interesting
>>
>>52717694
Hackney (Dalston in particular) has become gentrified to fuck the last five years or so. Honestly I still don't know when I get stopped in the street whether I'm going to get mugged or handed a flyer for a pop-up sushi and cocktail bar

>>52717757
Course we're all from London it's the only place you get internet in this country
>>
>>52717823
Yep, great book. I've been meaning to watch the show as well.
>>
>>52717790
Yeah, it's pretty tame nowadays.

>>52717813
>>52717821
Right, yeah, hookers are sad. I just feel like you can get that elsewhere, while red light districts are a unique blend of delight and sorrow that should make them a feeding frenzy for changelings of every court.
>>
>>52717844
That's a relatively good point. I figure dive bars might be the winter court's favorite urban haunts.
>>
>>52717803
I know what you're talking about but can't think of the name.

Classic Ground Force or Escape to the Country would be good watches. Antiques Roadshow as well.
>>
>>52712926
I offer him some of my sweetcorn
>>
>>52717803
>gardening
Oh yeah, gardening is pretty huge here. Don't know how fae would feel about that
>>
>>52717844
Spring has a lot of presence in Soho as well. Winter's main holdout is in the City, they own a few offices that they basically just use to harvest the sorrow of white collar workers.
>>
>>52717803
Countryfile?
>>
>>52717863
pretty sure there is folklore about that. Like you need to offer them some of your harvest or something
>>
File: estate1.jpg (206KB, 964x585px) Image search: [Google]
estate1.jpg
206KB, 964x585px
>>52717854
Dive bars and basically anywhere that looks like pic related.

I cannot describe how fucking horrible it is to live somewhere like this for most of your life, to feel like you can never get out, that you're going to die there.
>>
>>52717897
That's why you do meth or crack and die a toothless alcoholic or go to prison.
>>
File: vquote.gif (368KB, 300x201px) Image search: [Google]
vquote.gif
368KB, 300x201px
>>52717897
>to feel like you can never get out, that you're going to die there
"You were already in a prison. You've been in a prison all your life. Happiness is a prison, Evey. Happiness is the most insidious prison of all. Your lover lived in the penitentiary that we are all born into, and was forced to rake the dregs of that world for his living. He knew affection and tenderness but only briefly. Eventually, one of the other inmates stabbed him with a cutlass and he drowned upon his own blood. Is that it, Evey? Is that the happiness worth more than freedom? It's not an uncommon story, Evey. Many convicts meet with miserable ends. Your mother. Your father. Your lover. One by one, taken out behind the chemical sheds... and shot. All convicts, hunched and deformed by the smallness of their cells, the weight of their chains, the unfairness of their sentences. I didn't put you in a prison, Evey. I just showed you the bars."
>>
>>52716007
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tees-Exe_line
thats bullshit
north south divide is socio-economic, not fucking geological
>>
>>52717687
>Spring
Camden Town
London Fields
Broadway Market
>Summer
Tottenham
Brixton
Bermondsey
>Autumn
Nunhead
Highgate
Kensal Green
>Winter
King's Cross
Shacklewell
Seven Sisters
>>
>Londoners think they are the south
The southern coast is objectively the best part of Britain
>>
>>52717465

It's foreigners from /pol/ who don't know anything about Old Blighty outside of their cancerous memes.
>>
>>52712892
i dunno man, go on Geoguessr, on the UK option. The whole country looks the fuckin same
>>
>>52717185
>they make up about a fifth of the population
More like four-fifths in St Ives.
>>
File: kent meme.png (153KB, 765x586px) Image search: [Google]
kent meme.png
153KB, 765x586px
>>52717992
can confirm
>>
>>52718039
Yes, I' m sure everyone in London feels very threatened by fucking Sheppey.
>>
File: kent pepe 2.jpg (424KB, 1600x776px) Image search: [Google]
kent pepe 2.jpg
424KB, 1600x776px
>>52718054
>>
>>52718039
that vague america shape
>>
>>52718039
>Having an eastern coast
This ruins the county
>>
>>52718039
>looking like Shitmerica
>being closest to France

lol Kent, get yer coat m8
>>
>>52717346
>the best standards of living
Surrey, Cheshire
>the best standards of education
Oxbridge
>the best health standards
With all that pollution?
>>
>>52717986
Winter gets Elephant and Castle.
>>
>>52717986
Is this on top of the areas I mentioned in my post, or instead of?

Also it may be worth mentioning that Westminster is considered neutral ground, and that no magic or illegal activity is to be practised there, since they don't want to draw too much attention to themselves and accidentally setting fire to an MP certainly would.
>>
The real superior county, coming through
>>
>>52717986
I'd chuck Hyde Park into Summer if you get my drift.
>>
File: fucking wales.png (464KB, 602x406px) Image search: [Google]
fucking wales.png
464KB, 602x406px
Really though, as long as you're not Wales, you're fine
>>
>>52718254
U wot? Southampton has northern levels of awful.
>>
>>52717803
Gardener's World?
>>
>>52718537
As long as we pretend that nothing other than Westquay and the surrounding area exists, Southampton is tolerable
>>
>>52717986
>London Fields
>Broadway Market
So Hackney
Give em Islington aswell
>>
File: 1400953337225.jpg (315KB, 472x600px) Image search: [Google]
1400953337225.jpg
315KB, 472x600px
>>52712997

what exactly was the Green Knight's motivation? all he got out of whole scheme was a kiss from a cute twink and a chance to be a dickhead to everyone

>>52718003

/brit/ on /int/ has quality memes though
>>
>>52710651
I did my undergrad in London so my understanding of Outside London is unfortunately mainly derived from Little Britain, those Dr Who companions that aren't Clara Oswald and that one time I went up to Leeds. I wanna throw in Kingsmen but I know I would be doing so to deliberately anger everyone else here.

I guess the setting would be one which hasn't quite moved past the 80s architecturally due to financial reasons but has also as a result fallen into a dilapidated state. People there are a unique brand of depressed with their own brand of humor grown from the daily struggle of meeting rent and food. I'm thinking Clockwork Orange. The one solace is the pub where people go every evening to unwind.
>>52717897
Springs to mind.
>>
File: superior wales.png (150KB, 707x490px) Image search: [Google]
superior wales.png
150KB, 707x490px
>>52718528
>wales
>bad
>>
>>52718675
>Wales
>good
>>
File: Kiosk library.jpg (58KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
Kiosk library.jpg
58KB, 500x359px
Today I just learned that because classic phones are no longer in use, any British non-profit organization can buy phone booth / kiosk for a symbolic price of 1£ and re-purpose it to their own needs (mini-library, defibrillator station, souvenir shop).

This begets a question - can a foreigner establish British non-profit organization?
>>
>>52718739
Don't bother, these booths are stolen and installed as garden decorations left and right. Nobody cares.
>>
>>52718667
>I wanna throw in Kingsmen but I know I would be doing so to deliberately anger everyone else here.

Brit here, Kingsmen is excellent.
>>
>>52718785
>>52718667
Patrician taste right here lads
>>
>>52718785
>>52718667
Seconding, Kingsman was very fun.
>>
>>52718039
>Medway exists
>>
>>52718667
>I guess the setting would be one which hasn't quite moved past the 80s architecturally due to financial reasons but has also as a result fallen into a dilapidated state. People there are a unique brand of depressed with their own brand of humor grown from the daily struggle of meeting rent and food. I'm thinking Clockwork Orange. The one solace is the pub where people go every evening to unwind.
Welcome to Slough.
>>
File: kent pepe.png (758KB, 1261x670px) Image search: [Google]
kent pepe.png
758KB, 1261x670px
>>52718094
>>52718096
>>52718114
>>52718838
>>
>>52718763
>Nobody cares.
Couldn't care less for the booth.
But 1 square meter of soil in urban region for a single quid? That's a deal!
>>
File: oh god just fucking kill me.jpg (37KB, 470x355px) Image search: [Google]
oh god just fucking kill me.jpg
37KB, 470x355px
>>52718894
>Actual picture of Kent
>>
>>52710651
There are many, many stone circles, barrows, swamps and deserted moorlands you can use. One of the typical themes re: Faerie is that they live away underhill, so using barrows or henges/menhirs/hillforts/caverns etc as gateways to Annwn/the underworld. There are (admittedly knackered and shit) buildings that are 2000+ years old(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broch_of_Mousa), which is fairly impressive even by European standards - you only get things like the Parthenon that are in a similar state of repair.

You are going to want, I would think, to focus in western and northern Britain; Somerset/Cornwall kind of area, the Pennines, Wales and Scotland or the Isle of Man. But I really would do a bit more research of your own if you want to get any degree of verisimilitude, because with the best will /tg/ will end up contradicting itself.
>>
File: 321145-tonbridge-bridge-kent.jpg (149KB, 624x416px) Image search: [Google]
321145-tonbridge-bridge-kent.jpg
149KB, 624x416px
>>52718921
>>
>>52718933
Well when you take it at 4 o'clock, ANY part of Britain looks nice I suppose.
>>
>>52718899
Ah, but you'll notice the "non-profit organisation" bit - you can't make money off it
>>
>>52718933
All I'm saying is that you can't call Kent great at least until you burn Medway to the ground and salt the land.
>>
>>52710651
https://youtu.be/KySFp0w7-hE
>>
>>52718948
I do not intend to make profit of it.
I would intend to use it solely of the purposes of my hypothetical organization.
>>
>>52715443
don't forget suicidal teens
>>
So, Faery Skies?
>>
>>52718943
I mean, 4 o'clock is the ideal time to take a photo, but I don't think you could get, say, wolverhampton or scunthorpe to ever look good
>>
File: hol up.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hol up.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
>>52718965
>medway
>not all of thanet
>>
>>52710651
League Of Gentlemen anon. A LOCAL game for LOCAL people.
>>
File: -u-queer.png (57KB, 550x170px) Image search: [Google]
-u-queer.png
57KB, 550x170px
>>52718528
Says it all really.
>>
>>52717986
>>52718237
Also, could you explain the reason behind your choices somewhat? I'm writing up a setting document for my players
>>
>>52719791
>>52718237
On top of areas, for the most part. As for the reasoning:

>Spring
Colourful, cheerful areas where you generally find the most in the way of cultural exchange and the most in the way of peacocks showing off their feathers. Tend to be full of hipsters, artists and narcissists that follow their whims. These areas might be more suitable as a hub of the Fairest but it's the Fairest that tend to be the main players of the Spring Court.
>Summer
Areas saturated with a past of crime, riot and rebellion. The riots might have good reason behind them, for example retaliation against the man treading on them. Some riots, on the other hand, are just cases of football hooliganism. But there's a lot of anger and rage behind them, no matter the cause of it. Hyde Park could work, although the anger of that place is old to say the least of it.
>Autumn
Probably the least justifiable. Honestly, I can't think of all too many areas of London where fear is a constant factor so I went with the autumn court theme of death instead. Nunhead, Highgate and Kensal Green are all home to some of the largest cemeteries in the UK.
>Winter
Down-trodden post-industrial areas that are struggling to get by and are generally rife with both drug exchange and prostitution. Honestly, I wish I could suggest the fucking entirety of Coventry as a bastion of the Winter Court due to the amount of despair you find in that shell of a city. But those are a handful of struggling post-industrial areas of London. Elephant and Castle also works.
>>
>>52720036
>Honestly, I can't think of all too many areas of London where fear is a constant factor
Just go for areas with ghosts is my recommendation. London's got tons of the fuckers.
>>
>>52716822
Father Brown too.
>>
>>52718657
>all he got out of whole scheme was a kiss from a cute twink and a chance to be a dickhead to everyone
When you realise the Green Knight was basically a /fit/izen it all makes sense.
>>
>>52720036
>I can't think of all too many areas of London where fear is a constant factor
Wew lad, you having a giggle here aren't you?
>>
>>52720036
>I wish I could suggest the fucking entirety of Coventry as a bastion of the Winter Court due to the amount of despair you find in that shell of a city
As bad as it is, Coventry is the best city in the West Midlands county. Birmingham, Dudley, Walsall are all worse by an order of magnitude.
>>
>>52720519
Aside from knife-wielding muggers, what's there to fear? Despair's a common thing in London, so's desire and anger. What areas are defined by anxiety and dread? I genuinely can't think of any.
>>
File: lord gwyn newspaper.png (68KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
lord gwyn newspaper.png
68KB, 300x200px
>>52720578
What is fucking Dagenham
>>
>>52717992
>not beautiful Northern valleys of County Durham

LAND
OF
PRINCES
>>
>>52720556
Have you ever been?

There's a relatively modern heart to the city that has about a half a mile radius. Then after that, it's nothing but towers of concrete rot, half-abandoned industrial estates and overgrown council house suburbs. A quarter of the population is sneering Muslims that take great pride in claiming as much as the urban wasteland as their own as they can. Another quarter of the population is pretentious university shits. Another quarter is landwhales dressed in skintight pink and green lycra wheeling along over-sized prams and their slack-jawed bellend boyfriends dressed up in oversized white nylon tracksuits, if they haven't already been dumped. The final quarter of the population is decent people wondering where the fuck it all went wrong.

Coventry is fucking horrid. Dudley and Walsall haven't been visited but Birmingham isn't that bad. It's nowhere near as dilapidated and just fucking awful as Coventry is.
>>
>>52717854
I'd have said the winter court would be more at home in halls of power where everyone is cruel and greedy.
You know controlling ministers and councillors and shit. or just straight up changing these peoples children. All for control and dominance which is kind of their thing.
>>
>>52720599
I'm South London, got no experience with Dagenham.

I could tell you a few horror stories about Peckham, New Addington and Penge but the second you get North of the Thames, I'm lost.
>>
>>52720707
I went to the University of Warwick, please don't try to tell me about Coventry.
>Birmingham isn't that bad
Only a resident of Birmingham could ever say that.
>>
>>52720778
Birmingham's roughly on par with Croydon in the worst parts. It's nothing.

Besides, Warwick is fucking paradise compared to the fucking Detroit-of-England that Coventry is.
>>
>>52720778
>implying brummies don't know how shit Birmingham is

We all know, anon. We're just also all students, so we just drink away our problems.
>>
>>52720842
>Birmingham's roughly on par with Croydon in the worst parts. It's nothing.
Could you make it any more apparent that you live there? The only part of Birmingham that looks better than Bangladesh is the modest patch of land around the rail station. Everything else... lol. You're fucked no matter where you go. It's very different in Coventry. You got pleasant countryside to the south and Birmingham-esque desolation to the north, with a fully pedestrianised city centre. It's a concrete piece of gobshite, but it's nowhere as bad as fucking Brum
>Warwick is fucking paradise compared to the fucking Detroit-of-England that Coventry is.
Anon, the uni is in Coventry, it's nowhere near Warwick.
>>
>ITT Londoners

As always Londoners will never cease talking about their shithole, the city is kind of like a containment board in that way

I second >>52716727

Especially watch Emmerdale if you don't watch any of the others, thats pretty accurate (though the storylines of late are kind of out there a helicopter crashed not too long ago and there was a multicar pileup)

Everyone in the sticks has the village mentality of being nice to everyone, even if they piss you the fuck off, because when you live in a village those fucking dicks are always about and you ALWAYS see them. EVERY. DAY.

Also don't forget to talk about what the weather is doing today, tomorrow, next week and yesterday
>>
>>52720984
>Everyone in the sticks has the village mentality of being nice to everyone
You need to specify: to everyone in their village.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhBAz58Z1GQ
>>
>>52720942
Have you even been to the 'fully pedestrianized city centre?' It's basically just a Sainsbury's and a shitty museum.
>>
>>52720638
>not the yorkshire dales

GOD'S
OWN
COUNTY
>>
>>52721034
That's actually not the city centre, that's the bus station. I'm talking about the Precinct
>>
>>52717897

I grew up in an estate, the walls are all thick concrete and you can hear everything going on around you.
Also, the bedrooms went underground and the window was flush with the ground outside while being 3 feet from the ground inside.

My aunt's boyfriend at the time and got into an argument with some guy. That guy called the police and said he had guns and was swatted in the 1990's.

Council estates aren't god awful but they are fucking weird and full of loons. Like every night a hobo would sleep in the elevator and use it as a bog. So it constantly stank of piss.

>Also OP
Please use pagans as Druids are just a bunch of fucking retards who hang around places that were never meant for them.
>>
>>52717986

>Camden Town
Hampstead Heath, no longer as large as it used to be but it is an awesome part of London.
And Regent's Park.
>>
File: HAfgsfgh.jpg (35KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
HAfgsfgh.jpg
35KB, 720x540px
>>52720984
>Everyone in the sticks has the village mentality of being nice to everyone

Holy shit this is so fucking untrue.

You've clearly never been in the middle of a small town dispute.
>>
>>52721366
Come to Norwich, plenty of friendly folks. It's sp weird!
>>
>>52721035
>Yorkshire anything
>>
File: simba.jpg (69KB, 363x720px) Image search: [Google]
simba.jpg
69KB, 363x720px
>>52721035
>>
>>52721877
top kek. Meme kappa/10
>>
>>52715509
>Part of England
DYWEDWCH HWNA I'M WYNEB, AC NID AR Y RHYNGRWYD, GWELWN NI BETH FYDD YN DIGWYDD.
>>
>>52722325
I refuse to believe that this is actually a real language
>>
>>52721130
>fucking retards who hang around places that were never meant for them.

Is going to be an issue where ever you go. If it isn't new age soap dodgers it'll be tourists, doggers, ramblers, nosey parkers or grumpy farmers.
>>
>>52718552
>Gardener's World
I think it was Autumnwatch and Springwatch now that I think about it
>>
>>52722325
Cthulhu fhtagn to you too.
>>
>>52721526
To be fair Norwich is a rum old town
>>
>>52717275
t. someone who isn't a centre-left liberal
>>
>>52722325
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpXfkU89yIY
>>
>Be from Midlands
>Not as grim and ignorant as the North
>Not as pansy or pretentious as the South
>Not as barbaric hinterlands as the West
>Not as inbred as the East

Feels good man.
>>
>>52723425
>Be from Midlands
>Not *as* grim and ignorant as the North
>Not *as* pansy or pretentious as the South
>Not *as* barbaric hinterlands as the West
>Not *as* inbred as the East
>>
>>52723425
>forgetting they have birmingham
>>
>>52723532
Reminder that, in the event of London being destroyed, Birmingham is designated the backup capital of the UK.

Let that sink in for a second.
>>
>>52723745
It would be worth it desu
>>
>>52722835
It's the only language in the world that is more understandable drunk.
>>
>>52723745
Just because it has the second highest population? Don't really care really since its such a hypothetical situation.
>>
So have we just devolved into a slower, more civilised /brit/ now?
>>
>>52723989
u dont even need the other boards now xD
>>
>>52723818
HAHAHAHAHA London is the greatest get fucked cunt
>>
>>52716643
you bin ta cardiff m8?
fuckin ruff as.
>>
>>52724058
t. Sadiq
>>
>>52724219
t. Jew who emigrated here like five generations ago

Immigration's been going on a LONG time Nigel.

And what're you going to do without the Wallace Collection? It's the only decent collection of arms and armour in this country.
>>
>>52723989
Who you calling civilised? You're askin for it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOmN3jXL5OU
>>
>>52724262
I was going to t. Khan this, but that's an odd defense of the worst place in the south
>>
>>52724495
No I'm saying I'm the Jew.

The South is so much better than anywhere else in this country (except Edinburgh) it's not funny. When I say it's not funny I mean it. It sucks. I'd rather be in Andalucia with all the castles or the old Cathar bits of France (with all the castles). At least the South has London.
>>
>>52724514
>the rare Castlejew
The UK has castles too, all over the place
>>
>>52724583
Yeah but they're nowhere near the level of this shit man. Like compare Kennelworth to Tarrascon (where the Tarrasque came from btw).

>the rare Castlejew
Only nowadays. Man there were some awesome Jewish ~castles, even if they're nothing much nowadays. And then there's all the crusader/counter-crusader shit.
>>
>>52725211
>kennelworth
Kenilworth*
>>
>>52724514
>>52725211
This is a great way to evaluate the worth of a country.

If you were stranded in America would you die from lack of castle?
>>
>>52725211
Alnwick in the north is neato.
>>
>>52725211
What a harebrained comparison. Kenilworth Castle can barely be called a castle, it's a collection of crumbling ruins. Compare it to Warwick Castle mere miles away and suddenly Tarascon sucks.
>>
>>52722325
Okay, at least I understand that your name is Wyneb and you're calling me a dickweed.
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.