[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Derailed PC plot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 35

File: knight roman.jpg (175KB, 700x1225px) Image search: [Google]
knight roman.jpg
175KB, 700x1225px
/tg/, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I just want to vent.

We're playing D&D, and my character (a Ranger) has had a subplot where he was romancing a female Paladin he knew from a long time ago. The idea is that she lived in the same village as him, and she happened to be the group's liasion in the Border Marches area the campaign takes in. It's a detail from my PC's backstory, and the GM worked it in after discussion at charagen.

The thing is, in the most recent session, things went a bit wrong.

My PC is trying to charm this girl, and she's semi-reciprocating, but she didn't only show interest in my PC. She also flirted with the party's Sorcerer quite a bit, and waved off my PC's concerns as 'No, there's nothing between us, it's just silly'.

So this session, she tells my PC that her family has arranged for her to meet her fiancee. As it turns out, with her rank in the Order, they're nobility now and they want her to marry advantageously. My PC asks if she minds, and she says she doesn't, really. She's sure they'll pick someone she'd like. Then he asks about 'us', and she says that it can't possibly happen, now. She has responsibilities.

Obviously, I'm a bit upset about it at this point, but we go along to the meeting anyway. It turns out her fiancee-to-be is a knightly Fighter, of noble blood, and basically quite powerful himself. They hit it off really well, and there's actual chemistry between them.

At this point, my PC is obviously upset. But that guy is landed nobility, and he's clearly no slouch himself.

OOC, I ask the GM where this is going, and he says "Well, she's probably going to marry her fiancee eventually". When I ask him about the subplot, he says "I brought in the NPC, but the plot develops as the campaign does. Nothing's set in stone." He doesn't say anything about a 'way out'.
>>
>>52702845

I don't know why this upsets me, but it does. Am I being too sensitive, here? It feels like the DM set up the whole thing to make me feel small and 'brush me off'.

Like, wasn't this one supposed to be my PC's subplot? It was an important aspect of my character, and he's just sort of being sidelined in his own story. It really, really irks me.

Does anyone else feel that this is unfair? Even earlier, my PC's love interest sort of had a wandering eye already!
>>
>>52702864
>>52702845

This is what an entitlement complex looks like, OP.
>>
>>52702845
Ohh, look at little missy here without enough shield to cover her cheaping out on upper leg armor.

Cute, but dumb. You can definitely justify just not having much or any armor there, but not with a pissy shield like that. Definitely not if you fight on your own.

It's acceptable if you are going all Hoplon or Macedonian Phalanx style, but then you have a lot of "BROTHERS/SISTERS IN ARMS PROTECTING YOU!" or a fuckload of pike.
>>
>>52702894

It's standard sexy fantasy armor.
>>
>>52702845
>>52702864
When you ask the GM to incoporate backstory into your game you kind of forfeit the right to creative control over what happens going forward. Personally, I think it's nice the GM is actually working it in a way other than just going "Oh yeah shortly after you left your village, orcs attacked and she died". He's adding your stuff in and making some kind of interesting changes (the person you thought loved you doesn't).

That said, this seems a little inelegant. My guess is he either wanted to give you a love triangle or he was just uncomfortable roleplaying your waifu so he's shutting down romance stuff early.

Either way, you're now going to a wedding, OP. So get ready--you know what's about to happen.
>>
>>52702930

Or maybe the paladiness is thinking for herself, and doesn't actually want to fuck OP.

She's just not into you, man. You're not entitled to have a fantasy waifu just because you put one in your backstory.
>>
>>52702894
People eat food when they get hungry.

This is the thread where we post obvious statements and expect to be congratulated, right?
>>
>>52702845

Sounds to me like you wanted the GM to be your pretend girlfriend, but now you're upset cause he thought you wanted a romance plot with actual drama and adversity rather than handy under the table.
>>
File: Px1Egop.jpg (126KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Px1Egop.jpg
126KB, 900x675px
>>52702951
I feel like the Paladin finding someone else attractive counts as a love triangle even if it's only because one guy is forcing it.

Now I kind of hope OP goes full Nice Guy with this Lady Paladin. Preferably without even doing it intentionally--he's just that thirsty he actually starts treating an NPC like his actual high school crush.
>>
>>52702981

To be completely fair, she's so much higher in social status than him, and she's obviously aware of that. His only claim is 'childhood friend' and she clearly doesn't give a shit about Mr. Friendzone.
>>
Maybe your ranger should man up and fight for the girl he loves.
>>
>>52703023

I hope he gets his ass beat. OP sounds like a faggot.
>>
>>52703010
>>52703023
Personally I'm hoping the Lady Paladin's fiancee is actually a charismatic, good-natured bro who sincerely likes OP and treats him as a friend and confidant.
>>
>>52702845

Have you ever played Bahamut Lagoon, OP? Because that's where Ann Tee Arrrr comes from.
>>
>>52703053
Perhaps that was the point of the fighter, to cuck the ranger and soon become a total bro NPC.
>>
>>52703127
>to cuck the ranger

Can't cuck someone if he was never sleeping with the girl in the first place.
>>
>>52703110

It's not NTR if you're not actually a couple. You're not being cucked unless she's actually your girlfriend or lover. It sounds like the DM decided to introduce an actual character instead of a fuck-puppet for OP to masturbate to.
>>
>>52703153

Pretty sure OP is presumptive enough to feel cucked regardless.
>>
File: Werewolf the Apocalypse.png (111KB, 1100x840px) Image search: [Google]
Werewolf the Apocalypse.png
111KB, 1100x840px
>>52703177
>Why do faire ladies always go for Sir Chads who only care about having a fast horse and spending all their time at the training grounds?
>Real chivalry is dead
>I'm a Lawful Nice Ranger, and that's my problem
>We've been friends forever. I love her and she's my dream girl
>>
>>52702864
Your GM and me seem to have a similar approach to plot progression, that said I do try and keep things like npcs the players like (or that their characters can't stand) in play or recurring. I am intrested in how this noble title is held? As the paladin achieved it by merit that would imply she holds it but her family had the know how to arrange the marriage.
>>
>>52703053

OP here, my PC hasn't actually spoken to her fiancee. We were accompanying them to protect a relic on the way, and we've been given guest rooms in the castle. We're approximately Level 5 / 6.

I know how it looks, but this was supposed to be my character's sidequest. Another PC is dealing with his father's legacy and all he's doing is to follow up on the clues he has, it's not being taken away from him.

I have done my best to work with the GM, but he's not following the plot you would expect, because it's out of my guy's hands now. They grew up together and came from the same background, so there's a important bond there.
>>
>>52703237
Sounds like you need to challenge him to a duel for her hand.
>>
File: kek.jpg (153KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
153KB, 640x480px
>>52703218
>>
>Guys, my GM isn't handing a romantic subplot to me on a silver platter!

The extent of the relationship is casual flirting. No shit it didn't go anywhere. Your response to her engagement was "aww... Okay" and then come to btch about it on a Korean woodburn site? Man up, take charge. Perform a daring feat of heroism to ne granted a title, then duel Sir Chad for her hand.

It doesn't matter how poor your confidence is, it's an rpg. Do what it takes. Doing something is the important bit.
>>
>>52703268

The other PCs don't want me to, they think it's a stupid idea because he's loaded to the gills with magical items including a flaming greatsword he used to kill a troll. I'm your Bow Ranger build, not really using swords.

We're in his castle surrounded by his men, it wouldn't be a fair fight.

>>52703231

When someone is inducted as an actual Paladin, the family becomes honorary nobility because everyone wants their children to inherit the 'spark'. There are knights, but actual Paladins are quite rare.
>>
>>52703237
That bond doesn't magically go away just because some rugged, handsome, heroic knight is plowing your childhood crush in the room next to you. Just because she's experiencing the most volcanic, explosive pleasure she's ever had not ten feet away at the hands of some guy who is frankly better than your Ranger in every conceivable way doesn't mean she's out of the story.

>but he's not following the plot you would expect

This is not a bad thing. A good GM should surprise you. It's probably a good thing your Ranger still has feelings for her because that makes for drama. Just make sure the romantic angst doesn't become a plot tumor. I can think of a million and a half ways to have fun with this in your position. You need to let go of your attachment to this waifu and start thinking of her as an actual character.

Maybe you're so jealous your orchestrate Sir Chad's "accidental" death. Maybe you challenge him to an honor duel. Maybe you rape him to steal his virility and present yourself as the superior male. Sack up and think outside the box OP.
>>
>>52703313
Then goad him into challenging you. You get to pick the weapon. Choose bows.
>>
>>52703313
>We're in his castle surrounded by his men, it wouldn't be a fair fight.
I don't think you understand what a duel is.

His friends don't get to jump you like it's a fraternity initiation.
>>
>>52702845
>>52702864
Five Options:
>Best Path:
Quest to become a better prize to marry your girl before the wedding.
Be the better man, damn it.

>Romance Path:
Romance the girl until she loves you more than a paladin loves their duty.
Between that and how the GM played her, I don't like your chances.

>Destiny Path
Trust in your GM and fate to being you and your love together.
"Nothing's set in stone."

>Let it go path
Your GM might be telling you something, like that they just don't want to roleplay this romance or that he is a spiteful twat.
You can choose to let this go and enjoy the rest of the game.

>Evil Path
Manipulations, machinations, and murder.
Raising youself up above your rival, it may be difficult.
It is far easier to bring him down to below your level, perhaps even six feet below.
But then you'll be trying to win a paladin after doing this, so there's that.

I would HIGHLY recommend explicitly asking your GM if you have a shot of any of the above resulting in you getting the girl or if "Nothing's set in stone." just meant he didn't have to do nuthin'.
>>
>>52703352

> His friends don't get to jump you like it's a fraternity initiation.

I mean like, it's his home ground, the referee and the crowd will be on his side. It's not an advantageous situation.
>>
>>52703237
>I brought in the NPC, but the plot develops as the campaign does.

>but he's not following the plot you would expect

Yes. Yes he is. You clearly havent engaged with the plot enough, so now he's throwing in his big complication hoping for you to get your shit in gear already.

Literally any dramatic action in this matter from your PC is preferable to coming to /tg/ to complain he hasn't given you a pretend blowjob yet.

>>52703359
This guy has tons of ideas if you're too sheltered to have seen any romance media in your life.
>>
>>52703382

You sound like a faggot.
>>
>>52703400
>>52703359

>This guy has tons of ideas

Quick correction, destiny path is hot garbage. Passive characters make no story and if you drop it your GM is gonna drop it too, engage or inform him you officially pussy out.
>>
>>52703382
If he's a knight of honor like you said it won't make much of a difference. If he loses fair and square and admits defeat there's not anything his buddies can say about it. The disadvantage to this though is it might make your waifu even wetter when he acts so honorably. And it'll make you look kind of presumptive and mean for challenging a guy in his own home and then beating him up all over a girl who's not even into you.

If he's secretly a jerk and cheats to get you to lose, then the resulting SHAMEFUR DISPRAY might make Waifudin feel like she's making the wrong choice. Or it'll give him an outlaw bad boy edge, at which point she'll probably get so turned on she'll be dehydrated.
>>
>>52703421

The DM doesn't sound like he's going to let it happen unless OP takes drastic steps. From my reading, it sounded like he thought "Okay, this NPC is worth including" but didn't automatically jump to "OP's cocksleeve" as her role in the campaign.
>>
>>52703425
Which is why he needs to somehow arrange for NobleGuy to challenge him to a duel. Customarily the challenged gets to pick the weapons to be used.

OP is a ranger. He picks bows.
>>
>>52703421
>Quick correction, destiny path is hot garbage.
Yeah, that one's pretty much like counting "Off" a speed on your 5-speed blender in this case.
But it is technically an option, so I included it.
>>
>>52703463
The thing with the duel though is it's transparently a ploy for Waifudin's attention and affection. She sounds like she's pretty independent, so this might not impress her.

I'm still totally for it though. It does sound like something a Nice Guy up against the wall would pull to win m'lady's heart.

This could actually turn out pretty fun. Nice Ranger keeps pulling stuff like this and eventually Waifudin just starts hating him. Then it leads to either open antagonism between her and the party or they're forced to reconcile when something big happens.
>>
OP here, next session is this Sunday, so I'll see how it goes over Golden Week.
>>
>>52703444

That's exactly my point, if OP doesn't step the fuck up and make a plot out of this she's just gonna be a background NPC in a political (if pleasant) marriage.

And the internal monologue of someone who gives up their love for politics is A) really a long shot to pull off if the group doesn't frequently have actual monolinguing or deep heart to heart scenes between characters. And B) Is kind of pointless if that romance isnt already built up as something painful to give up on already. And it sounds to me like OP's been twiddling his thumps waiting for this NPC to suck his dick cause he's a nice guy.

>>52703502

I'm just putting it out there since for the reasons above it's not suited for most groups in this medium. The rest, good or evil are all valid and fun plots. (Or at least drop this to focus on more compelling plots.)

>>52703504
Yeah even a pitiful failure to both impress her or beat him could still be a compelling development. A loud failure now could leave a lot of interesting threads to pursue later on, both antagonistic as you suggest or lead to some triumphant return to speak up just before they marry.
>>
>>52703504
>>52702845

The sheer thwarted thirstiness op is displaying is a thing of beauty.
>>
>>52702845
From what you said it sounds like you're DM begrudgingly allowed your back story as a side plot, and then developed a way to negate said side plot.

Here's my thoughts on this as a cursed, forever DM, you're lucky your backstory was considered at all. You're DM has a reason for doing what he is doing. I myself do not allow players in my groups to dictate the way I develop side plots, main plots, or any plots. You need to accept that things will likely not turn out the way you want. You're ranger may not be hooking up with the paladin, its your DMs choice really.
>>
>>52702864
seems to me like he has plans. he brings in an NPC to act as a romantic rival to yours, then says that nothing is set in stone.
clearly you still have a chance. my guess is that this suitor is an obstacle for you to overcome, or he's gonna turn out to be a villain
>>
>>52703713
>clearly you still have a chance

That's probably what OP told himself as the days counted down to prom.

Personally, if I were the GM I'd introduce another potential romantic interest. Sort of an inversion of the typical Taylor Swift song. Where the longtime childhood friend isn't interested and isn't really a good match anyway, but the new girl is interested, sincere, and much more to OP's taste. Good way to play with the typical rom-com fantasy.
>>
File: 320x240.jpg (18KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
320x240.jpg
18KB, 320x240px
>>52703268
>Sounds like you need to challenge him to a duel for her hand.
>>52703352
>I don't think you understand what a duel is.
>>52703425
>If he's a knight of honor like you said it won't make much of a difference.
Listen to these anons.

>>52703382
>I mean like, it's his home ground, the referee and the crowd will be on his side.
"Boohoo! I won't get cheerleaders."
Fight for your love anyway.

>>52703313
>The other PCs don't want me to, they think it's a stupid idea
"Boohoo! Peer pressure says...." Fight for your love anyway.

>because he's loaded to the gills with magical items including a flaming greatsword he used to kill a troll. I'm your Bow Ranger build, not really using swords.
This is actually good, you pants ass coward.
How honorable is that duel?
Either he kills or nearly kills you, and has dishonorably crushed a weaker foe, or he doesn't defeat you and you technically win.
Pic related

>>52703335
>Then goad him into challenging you. You get to pick the weapon. Choose bows.
>>52703463
>Which is why he needs to somehow arrange for NobleGuy to challenge him to a duel.
Or listen to these anons.
>>
>>52703749

Why enable Captain Thirsty?
>>
For my own selfish satisfaction at having another silly greentext for the colllection, I want to see your fedorian ranger go full psychopath on this seemingly decent nobleman.

For the sake of your game, I'd recommend you not do this. But hey, your PC, your call.
>>
>>52703313
>tfw cucked by Gary Stu
>>
>>52703801
Maybe above anon is a sadist, hell I know DMs who would do torment OP.
>>
>>52703864

It's like that scene in Re:ZERO where Subaru gets his ass beat.
>>
>>52703801
Basically what >>52703870 says.

OP's revealing some pretty flawed assumptions on storytelling, women, or both. I just couldn't pass up a chance to mess with a guy like this.
>>
>>52702845
be as a god op, render the fighter impotent by slaying dragons, banishing devils and generally being a stud.... or be a weak bitch and get ntr'd.
>>
>>52703359
>I would HIGHLY recommend explicitly asking your GM if you have a shot of any of the above resulting in you getting the girl
Just gonna go ahead and repeat this bit.
Direct communication trumps stumbling around in the dark.
>>
>>52702845
>>52702930

Don't be stupid. Listen to this guy. It's hardly interesting or even worth mentioning if she just shows up and falls in love with your character because reasons. Make a story out of it, that is the fun part of D&D.

Win her over, challenge her fiancee to a duel for her hand, or become the sour character who reminisces about the one who got away. Maybe you never marry because of it, maybe you become the cool uncle to the kids and mentor them or maybe she dies and with her final breath she tells you it was always you.

Just because it doesn't immediately go your way doesn't mean there is nothing being developed. Quit crying, if you want fanfic you dm and make your own story.
>>
>>52702864
>>52702845
You're an autist
This is an opportunity to fight for her honor and win her hand
You twit
>>
>>52708586
Why is he going to fight for her hand if she's straight-up said there's nothing between them and she's actually hitting it off with her arranged fiance?

Does his PC's happiness overrule hers?
>>
>>52702845
>female paladin from your village who flirts a lot and is marrying a cool dude for political duty
Your waifu is shit but the story reminds me of the first chunk of Spring Snow for some reason so it's not all bad (except in that the woman actually liked the main guy). I'd usually prefer higher ranking Clerics and Paladins to be celibate and disconnected from the worldly to a more notable degree than those lower, but that's just preference. If she was the kind who would just flirt with anyone you dodged a bullet anyway if you ask me, but if your character still loves her you have to do something unexpected: sneak to her window and get a bard to play her a song while you hold him up. Try and win her heart back stealthily with notes or learn more about the fighter and challenge him to a duel, or maybe prepare to but openly state that you realize this isn't what she would want, so you're conflicted: how selfish is your love? Maybe ask her forgiveness in a confession to this. This is a huge opportunity for growth as a character. Maybe just set out to ruin her life in jealousy or let being rejected turn you into a jaded women hating neckbeard. Maybe use it as an excuse to drink more and flirt with other women to try and get over her. There's so much you can do with this.
>>
>>52708793
Sometimes a thing is worth fighting for, even if there is no likely chance of success.
Sometimes a losing fight should still be fought.
Sometimes when you care about someone and honestly feel you could both be happy together, you have to try.
Until she sees the best he has to offer, she doesn't know what she's missing.

And her happiness is never really at risk.
At worst, there will be an awkward moment for her, quick to fade into an unpleasant memory.
>>
>>52703323
>Maybe you rape him

Do this
>>
>>52703950
>>52703853

This would be hilarious to watch. I want to see OP get his shit pushed in.
>>
>>52708793
>Does his PC's happiness overrule hers?

If the PC is operating under standard Nice Guy rules, then he's probably incapable of believing she's genuinely happy if she's not with him.

>>52708924
>Until she sees the best he has to offer, she doesn't know what she's missing.

I don't think picking a fight with her boyfriend is really showing her his "best".
>>
Just save the realm. Either her or some other worthy woman will fall for your dude if he saves the realm.
>>
>>52708875

> If she was the kind who would just flirt with anyone you dodged a bullet anyway if you ask me, but if your character still loves her you have to do something unexpected: sneak to her window and get a bard to play her a song while you hold him up.

The levels of cringe in this are amazing. OP's character is firmly in the dark realm known as the Friend Zone.
>>
File: shrug.png (151KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
151KB, 500x309px
So this is another "always be contrary to the OP" deal right?

If this was posted from the GM's perspective all of the responses would be complaining about him inserting his cuck fetish into the game and fucking over his poor innocent player.
>>
>>52709824

It's mostly because the OP comes off as kind of a faggot. The fact that the Paladin isn't glued to his dick is a bonus, because it sounds like he wrote up an imaginary waifu and is mad it's not going his way.
>>
>>52709824
The thing is he admitted that his character's one thing is having a crush on his childhood friend. If that's all that defines the character then he needs to go full monty, and fight to the death for her. If he loses then he can just make a new character, maybe one that's not so one dimensional, or he can just find more things to define the character he already has.
>>
>>52709392
>I don't think picking a fight with her boyfriend is really showing her his "best".
Well, nobody said his best wasn't still worthless.
Still better than living a long live alone with his cowardice.
>>
>>52702845
sounds like he's given you a challenge my dude, gotta get the girl somehow!
>>
why hello there onani master kurosawa
>>
>>52709824
>If this was posted from the GM's perspective all of the responses would be complaining about him inserting his cuck fetish into the game and fucking over his poor innocent player.

True, lost it.
>>
>>52709750
If the GM adds in Waifudin giving the Fedora Ranger awkward side hugs he might become my favorite GM ever.
>>
>>52709824
>So this is another "always be contrary to the OP" deal right?
While there is some of that going on in the thread, my advice to him was genuine: Do Something.
His complaint is that he wanted the girl and the GM has thwarted his plans, which could easily be because the GM is a dick.
But he didn't do anything to get her.
He was coasting off his backstory.

>>52709852
>It's mostly because the OP comes off as kind of a faggot.
Also this.
Several times he provided excuses as to why didn't do "x" when presented with advice.
That made him seem like a whiny faggot.
But honestly, that's probably just perception and anons painting him into a caricature.

I hold out hope that he will listen and report back >>52703572
>>
>>52709852
This. OP got cucked in game by his GM and rather than stepping back and realizing its just a game, the OP decided to whine on 4chan about it. What the fuck did he think was going to happen.

Here's my advice or OP, do not expect sympathy from trolls.
>>
>>52712293
He didn't even get cucked. He got friendzoned. The fact it was by his own waifu makes it all the more hilarious.
>>
>>52712293

The GM sounds like he's being quite reasonable about things, tho.
>>
From what OP said, it seems he's only just begun this arc. Maybe the GM is being a jerk, or tactless, or indirect or whatever, or maybe there's actually chances ahead. The fiancee turns out the be a jerk, or dead, or gets kidnapped, or otherwise offends the paladin's sensibilities. Perhaps there will be a contest of honor the ranger can go Knight's Tale on, or maybe a quest that can earn a land and title that would make him the better man for marrying up.
>>
>>52712341
>The GM sounds like he's being quite reasonable about things, tho
There's room for interpretation either way.

Kinda depends on how he meant "Well, she's probably going to marry her fiancee eventually".
If he meant what OP thought he implied: "...and there's nothing you can really do about it.", then he's a dick.
But there's no reason to assume that.

At the very least, the GM has poised OP on the precipice of the Friendzone by his waifu, doomed to fall to oblivion if he doesn't act.
>>
>>52712338
I use the term loosely but friendzoned is a better phrase.

>>52712341
That could be true, however given OPs description of the situation it looks like the GM in this case has other plans for the waifu.
>>
>>52712519
I don't think it makes the GM a dick if he effectively shut the OP down. The GM lays out a story and the Players react, moving the story along. I the GM has decided that the waifu is going to do something OP didn't expect, OP can react but ultimately it is the GMs decision as to the outcome.
>>
>>52712866

i.e. not fuck the thirsty PC, you mean.
>>
File: 1467258989900.jpg (246KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467258989900.jpg
246KB, 400x800px
>implying a noble blooded knight would even deign to accept a duel from some filth encrusted commoner with a bow

Let jesus take the wheel, OP. See where your DM is taking this because its hard to make a dramatic ploy on love if she never loved you to begin with.
>>
OP here, fuck this campaign. I'm done.
>>
>>52712866
>I don't think it makes the GM a dick if he effectively shut the OP down.
If it weren't the core of his subplot, sure.
But the romance was the point of the subplot.
>>
>>52713716
Oh? Thought your next session wasn't until Sunday. What happened, anon?
>>
>>52713716
Please share with us.
>>
>>52713738

I forgot to account for timezones, it's Saturday (evening) here.

I was railroaded into a 1-v-1, a bow-specc'd ranger versus a Greatsword fighter. We weren't wearing armor, so he moved faster and Sundered my weapon, which meant I lost. The DM was just rubbing it in when he asked if I wanted to try another practice round.
>>
>>52713542
>>52703421
I found it amusing that these two posts had such dramatically different takes on the same idea.
>>
>>52713909
>The DM was just rubbing it in when he asked if I wanted to try another practice round.
How do you know this was his intent?

I've been trying to get a bead on your GM, but it's hard without concrete examples.
>>
>>52713909
>I was railroaded into a 1-v-1
So the GM, out of the blue, said that you had to fight the guy with no alternatives? Or did you challenge the guy to a duel first?
>>
>>52702845
>Mostly actually decent looking armour
>High heels
>No clothing

Why do artists always do this?
>>
>>52702864
Have you stopped to think that he set this up to encourage you to do something to become a noble yourself? The fiance is likely a bad guy in disguise as well.
>>
Find another Girl, OP.

Shit like this happens.
>>
>>52713909
So the "honorable" Klingon defeated a Ferengi.
What happened when you pointed out that it was hardly an honorable fight when it was so unevenly matched?

>>52703793
>>
>>52713948
>>52713931
>>52713909

I didn't want to challenge him to a duel because I had no reason, so I approached him on the practice field and asked if he wanted to spar for a round because he was going to spar with the Paladin.

So she hung back and watched. I said I wanted to use my bow, and one of the guards said that it sorts of defeats the purpose, but he said that it's only fair since we're training for war. So he uses a blunt greatsword and I used a longbow with sandbag heads.

Neither of us are wearing armor, and we're fighting on the practice field, so I shoot him until he gets close. He hits me once, then when I try to move away he AoOs and Improved Sunders my bow.

Then he says "Good match, want another bout?" like you'd say 'gg ez'. The girl starts clapping, and looks upset when I walk away.
>>
>>52714077
That's not being railroaded into it, and the knight honestly seems like a nice guy. "Nice Game, let's have another" does not mean "nice game, it was easy, hah." You're sounding more and more like a dick, dude.
>>
>>52703382
>the referee and the crowd will be on his side.
Not even the most crooked and biased of referees can declare the DEAD person the winner of an honorable duel, and who gives a fuck about the crowd? Are they all Bards? If not, their booing you or cheering him isn't going to give any combat modifiers, unless you've given your character some kind of "inferiority complex/entitled attitude" traits to match yourself, you enormous, cowardly faggot. If you don't have to balls to step up, then you don't deserve her.
>>
>>52703359

There's also OPs probable path

>M'lady
Be as passive agressive as possible
Never actually do anything
After it's too late send a magic message lamenting the lost loving relationship that she never knew even existed
>>
>>52714077
You went up to the guy and asked if he wanted to spar 1-v-1
You knew you wouldn't be good at using anything but your bow against a guy with a large sword
You brought it on yourself the same way you bring it on yourself to put your hand in boiling water
>and looks upset when I walk away
That was your cue, man
You done goofed and only have yourself to blame
>>
maybe you should have rolled a face character if you wanted to be able to fuck your waifu, sorry not sorry
>>
>>52714077

What ddi you think was going to happen?
>>
File: YouMissedIt.jpg (53KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
YouMissedIt.jpg
53KB, 600x579px
>>52714077
>>52714162
>>and looks upset when I walk away
>That was your cue, man
This
>>
>>52703313

Go back to playing video games so you can have your 'way out'.
>>
>>52714162

The guy EVEN LET HIM USE HIS BOW.
>>
In this episode, anon learns that a waifu is not for laifu.
>>
>>52702845
I like your GM
>>
>>52702845
>girl is semi-reciprocating and showing interest in another man
She's unbefit for a paladin, and she's poisonous. Forget about her and move on. Perhaps warn the good noble she is supposed to be married to.
>>
>>52713909
>I was railroaded into a 1-v-1
>I approached him on the practice field and asked if he wanted to spar for a round
That's not being railroaded, you enormous, self entitled, whiny-ass little bitch baby.

You've been given an interesting set-up to develop your character, but all you are doing is squandering that opportunity away because you want the rewards handed to you instead of working for them.

Also, did you even TRY to kite him? or tumble away to avoid AoO? Any strategy aside from "more dakka"?
>>
>>52714315

I don't have Tumble, and this was a practice ring about 60 ft. wide or whatever. How am I supposed to shoot him if he's going to be constantly in my face for melee?
>>
>>52714333
>A squishy bow ranger without tumble
WHAT the actual fuck? So what's your usual plan for when you're engaged in melee? Call for help?
>60 ft. wide
That should be plenty of space. Move your max distance away from him, shoot, wash, rinse, repeat. That's what kiting is.

Look, I feel sorry for how stupid you are. Play that practice match off as getting a feel for him and how strong he is, and go into a duel with an actual strategy in mind. Even something simple as a potion or boots of Haste so you can keep distance and get extra shots off while kiting.

>How am I supposed to shoot him if he's going to be constantly in my face for melee?
HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU'RE SPECCED FOR BOW WITHOUT POINT BLANK SHOT?! ASDAGJAUGJHFDSUGHDJSVFJDASJFGIRGUAHERUIGHDFSO;JIDKA!!!!
>>
>>52714385

Does PBS actually negate the penalty? You still get -4.
>>
>>52714385
I'm fairly certain OP is just trolling. Move along now.
>>
Stick around for about an hour, OP.
I have some points for you but can't type them up atm.
>>
>>52714385

> Even something simple as a potion or boots of Haste so you can keep distance and get extra shots off while kiting.

You're not allowed magic during practice, though. That would be cheating, and OP would get his cheating ass beat down even harder.
>>
>>52714385

> WHAT the actual fuck? So what's your usual plan for when you're engaged in melee? Call for help?

Look, usually I'm not the direct target when it comes to combat. I move away and keep at a distance to shoot while the party fighter engages them. I don't think I actually got directly attacked unless we're badly outnumbered, and even then the fight can be won with a few penalized shots.

I have Point Black Shot, but it doesn't negate the side-effect of -4.
>>
>>52714410
My bad, was thinking of Precise Shot, which any ranger should have (as well as tumble ffs).
>>52714445
I didn't say practice, I said DUEL. And it's perfectly fair to say "one magic item each" as part of the agreement. Sir Chad will likely go with his flaming sword, which will be useless if he can't get close enough to use it thanks to Haste.
>>52714475
Meant Precise Shot, and you still have no excuse for not training Tumble. A Ranger's mobility is one of their strongest points.
>>
Keep me on your ride OP, I am enthralled.
>>
>>52714077

So basically this >>52702975 was an accurate take then?

The GM gave you a plot with some adversity too it and when you asked about it he full well said you had a shot without guaranteeing you win in the end (which would destroy any weight to the narrative).

And all you manage to do with it is impotently flail at him like an idiot and play exactly into the role of the shitty undesirable suitor from any number of romcoms and other similar plots.

You just made yourself the b-list antagonist of your own side plot. Good job.

I mean fuck sakes, if you wrote in a prophecy to defeat the dragon in your backstory would you get upset when the GM made you roll initiative? To further the analogy now (in which getting the girl is slaying the dragon, not beating him, in case you lost it) you just put your head in the dragon's mouth and got upset it fucking bit you.

Its a romance plot, its about feelings expressed between characters, complications from duties, standing and status and feelings for others. Its not a fucking combat encounter with sex on the loot table afterwards.

Sounds to me like rather than take some of the advice you asked for that could have advanced this plot, you half arsed it and made an ass out of yourself so you could come back crying you still haven't got the DM to describe your first kiss to you.
>>
>>52714077
> Accepts your offer to spar

> Even lets you use your bow

This guy seems pretty bro. Sundering the weapon was maybe a bit of a dick move, but assuming he's used to sparring being with practice weapons, he probably doesn't think it matters.

Here's what I think, OP. I think he was trying to impress you. To get on your good side. Think about it:

>he's hitting it off with his wife-to-be
>but her weird-ass childhood friend keeps shooting daggers at him (metaphorically) from across the room

> Doesn't want any trouble, but not sure how to defuse the situation

>Fiancée assures him that friend is really a sweet guy once you get to know him

> One day, weird friend challenges him to a sparring match

> A chance to bond like men!

> Wants to spar using his bow

> Bit odd but whatever makes him comfortable I guess

> Start at a distance to make it a fair fight

> Manage to get in close

> Weird friend steps back, aims for the head

> Instincts kick in, smash bow

> Oops. Never mind, these weird ranger types respect strength, right? Just act friendly.

> "Good bout, how about another?"

> Waifudin pleased that friend and fiance finally getting along

> Weird ranger storms off

> Waifudin looks disappointed

> DamnIMessedUp.jpg

OP, you need to become best bros with this guy. Make your storyline about him proving to you that he's worthy of marrying your waifu. Then you either get a new best bro and the knowledge that she's with someone who genuinely deserves her and will make her happy, or you find out he really is a jerk and then get to challenge him to a duel without seeming like an over-entitled NiceGuy(TM)
>>
>>52714077
I have never seen anyone be more wrong and entitled in their own version of events.

You say you were railroaded,when you are the one who approached -him-. He beats you in a fair fight, where you get to use your own bow, and you cry and pout.

What did you expect? Your GM took that NPC from your background and gave you a compelling plot hook to work with: her political engagement.

Instead, you are pouting that "the GM isn't following your side plot", because you wanted that side plot to be nothing more than meeting, fucking and marrying your waifu without any actual plot getting in the way of your childish fantasies.

By all rights, you should be apologizing and groveling at him for your shitty attitude the past few sessions. Then pull your head out of your ass and actually -face challenges- and -play the game-.
>>
>>52714685
He probably sundered the bow because like OP said, it was "training for war", thus allowing the bow in the first place. I think he's probably grateful for getting experience with fighting an archer.
>>
>>52702845

I bet he's fucking your woman RIGHT NOW.
>>
File: Benefit-of-Doubt.jpg (70KB, 692x335px) Image search: [Google]
Benefit-of-Doubt.jpg
70KB, 692x335px
>>52714417
>>52713909
>>52714077
I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt, OP.
See the image?
There it is.
I’m giving it to you.
I am going to approach this on your side.
I am not going to mock you.
I am not going blame you.
I am not trolling you.
I am legitimately trying to help you here.
Okay?
Good.

>I was railroaded into a 1-v-1, a bow-specc'd ranger versus a Greatsword fighter.
>I didn't want to challenge him to a duel because I had no reason, so I approached him on the practice field and asked if he wanted to spar for a round because he was going to spar with the Paladin.
How was this being railroaded?
I am not saying you were not being railroaded.
I wasn’t there.
I am asking you what made you feel that this was being railroaded.

>I didn't want to challenge him to a duel because I had no reason
If you didn’t have a valid excuse to call for or invite a duel, then this was a good approach to challenge him on some level.

>Then he says "Good match, want another bout?" like you'd say 'gg ez'.
>The DM was just rubbing it in when he asked if I wanted to try another practice round.
While I think that the words used were probably diplomatic and fine, I trust you to know the tone the GM used when he voiced the character saying this.
I wasn’t there to hear to hear it.
The fact that he asked for another bout after sundering your bow underscores the fact that, unlike what others have suggested, the fighter is not a great guy. At best, he was oblivious.
My question is this: Are you saying that the GM was rubbing it in as the GM or as the Fighter?
If you feel it was as the GM, are you certain? If so, why?
>>
>>52715423
>The girl starts clapping, and looks upset when I walk away.
This is the defining moment for me.
The clapping can easily be seen as one warrior applauding a skillful move of another.
There is nothing to take personal about the clapping.
The looking upset when you walk away is another matter.
If she truly had no feelings for your character, she would have not looked upset.
You could discount those feelings as those for a childhood friend, but there is no reason to limit it so.
If the GM had wanted to just mock you or shut you down, this would have been a great opportunity to.
He could have had her ignore it, or even laugh at you.
Instead, he specifically portrayed her as caring that you were leaving abruptly.

>We weren't wearing armor, so he moved faster
>we're fighting on the practice field, so I shoot him until he gets close. He hits me once, then when I try to move away he AoOs and Improved Sunders my bow.
>How am I supposed to shoot him if he's going to be constantly in my face for melee?
You did a fine job of explaining how he moved up quickly on you, despite other anons armchair quarterbacking you.
I have never really played an archer, but it seems to me the only thing you could have done differently was move sooner, maybe after hitting him once.
But he was faster so even that might not have worked.
Either way, the way you told it gives you no margin for error.

The battle was never the point.
How you carried yourself was the most important thing.
Nick Cage taking the punch to the face in Next is a good example of this.
Ideally, you would have exhibited the finest traits of whatever virtues her order value.
At the very least, you fully expressed an emotional involvement that extends beyond “the friend happily supporting their engaged friend”.
>>
>>52715434
I recommend that you stop viewing this as a challenge between yourself and the GM, with him presenting obstacles and challenges between you and your goal.
I recommend that you start viewing this as a romantic subplot in a movie.
If you were watching this story and it wasn’t about your character, what do you think the characters would do next?
I would imagine either a confused conversation with the girl where, as her situation has not changed, she stands firm on the marriage, possibly asking the suitor to forget about her while also (possibly unintentionally) dropping a clue as to their next move. (ie: “I can never marry you as you are not a prince.”)

Alternatively, there might be another antagonistic encounter with the rival, where he is revealed to be a decent guy, a louse, a magoo, the perfect man, a jerk to his rival, in love with another girl, equally trapped in the situation, or some combination of the above.

The point is this: You have stepped out of the hero story arc and into the romance story arc; Different rules apply.
You seem genuinely frustrated by this and I would ask your GM for general advice on how to proceed.
Make it clear you are not asking to be told what the winning strategy is, but that you are just feeling like you are not understanding what you are supposed to be doing and that your feelings of failure are frustrating you and turning you off the game.
It is important not to be accusatory here and make it about how you feel about the game and that you want to continue the romantic plot, but just feel adrift and aimless like an adventurer without a plothook.

Good Luck, anon.
>>
File: 1491469329061.png (136KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
1491469329061.png
136KB, 320x371px
>>52702845

>Your character is so faggy that he takes this lying down
>Not planing to assassinate all the nobles that the paladin is set to marry so she appears as cursed
>Not planing to become a bigger and richer noble so her family will have no choice but to giver her to you
>Not using alchemy or magic to brain wash her or her parents into giving you her hand

Why do you suck so much cock OP?
>>
File: 1490957108578.png (907KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490957108578.png
907KB, 1280x720px
>>52708793
This, really. Getting in a duel over her affections, win or lose, is just going to be an embarrassment to all involved. People are not prizes to be won.
>>
>>52715580

Best of all, he lost!
>>
>>52715580

>People are not prizes to be won.
>He thinks this

Why are you a plebeian?
>>
>>52702845
>Fighter
Have the party Sorcerer fuck him up with Will save targetting spells. Either dominate/charm him into disgrace, save or suck him into getting rekt, or have him outright killed and have the party's social specialist get the bluff checks rolling.
>>
>>52714077

>Then he says "Good match, want another bout?" like you'd say 'gg ez'. The girl starts clapping, and looks upset when I walk away.

Your character admitted to being a litter Beta bitch and probably doesn't even deserve the girl. Best course of action is to leave town with what ever bit of dignity you have.
>>
>>52715659

The guy is obviously more powerful and a better fighter than OP. Op got beat down like a red-headed stepchild.
>>
why haven't I ever bothered to play as a cuckold...?
>>
>>52713909
>We weren't wearing armor, so he moved faster
HOW? If you are both unarmored, then your speed should be equal, unless he has the Run feat. If he does, then my question is why don't YOU have Run, even though you are pure range fighter?
>>
>>52715798

He's moving faster because he's not wearing heavy armor. And we're fighting in a ring anyway, so there's noplace to retreat.
>>
File: unrequited.jpg (61KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
unrequited.jpg
61KB, 600x750px
>>52715762
Only one option left...
>>
So what's so special about this paladin anyway, or does OP just want to fuck her because she's hot and it's "his destiny"?

Must've been a pretty weak relationship in the first place if this is all it takes to make you give up on her OP, so maybe you should go find yourself someone else. Possibly a commoner girl who would be suitably awed by your adventuring lifestyle, allowing you to charm her with zero effort.
>>
>>52715798
I am curious about all those anons imagining OP running around in a circle while shooting bean bag arrows with accuracy and force long enough to take down a skilled fighter.
Can you actually picture this battle ever happening?
The Green Arrow or Batman could pull it off, I'm not sure about anyone else.
>>
>>52715985
the winning move would have been to "accidentally" have an arrow of slaying get mixed into the bunch.

Yeah... better... better just console this grieving harlot paladin for a little while
>>
>>52702845
Personally, I'd have my character mull on the injustices in this world, then decide to work towards putting an end to nobility. There's this girl, who OBVIOUSLY is madly in love with you, but she's pretending to brush you off so she can marry some "noble". Ain't nothing noble about nobles, man. They should all die. All of them. This inequality must end and the way to do it is to murder every last motherfucker who thinks himself above the common man.
>>
>>52715985
Since they're training, he'd only need to hit him a few times before "winning" the match, or at least that's what I'd assume.
>>
>>52716045
Then we can institute some kind of common man government, where we're all the common man, but some of us are common men who have to keep the rest of the common men from not doing anything stupid, by looking out for their best interests.
>>
>>52716071
What? NO. This will just give rise to the same social injustice. The only solution is for me to achieve demigod status and rule the world, smiting anyone who tries to subjugate others.
>>
It sounds like you're playing Pathfinder. Go buy a philter of love. 3k gp, no save. Invite waifudin for reminiscing about your childhood friendship, spike her drink, and if she really did like you at any point, romance happens. If she never had the hots for you, it'll just be platonic adoration.

I realize this is essentially date rape, but hey, no one said your ranger was a hero.
>>
>>52716096
>All of humanity sitting around going "So what do you want to do?" "I... I dunno man, what do you want to do?" and never doing anything for fear of seeming like they're in charge and being struck by lightning.
As far as apocalypse scenarios go that's a novel, if horribly boring one.
>>
>>52716121
It's the perfect Nice Guy method, he can rationalize it as making her realize the love she always had for him, so he's clearly doing her a favor!
>>
>>52716130
No no, subjugating. Not organising. Organising and voting on what to do is ok. In fact, everything must henceforth be decided via voting, if it involves more than 5 people. For 4 and less, you can verbally argue. Love arguments must be restricted to no more than 3 people. Unless it's consensual gangbang, but if it involves 5 or more people, it must be voted for with absolute majority and any party has the right to veto. In the case of manning the fields, protecting the realm, etc. there will be a lot drawing system among volunteers with people being voted in by their peers for positions that are still not filled. When the rules conflict with each other, I am the last deciding authority.
>>
>>52716096
>The only solution is for me to achieve demigod status and rule the world, smiting anyone who tries to subjugate others.

That's just asking some plucky kid of unknown parentage to come out of some shitty village and 'chosen one' your ass and claim his throne as the long lost heir.

You need full on creator god status to make any of that shit work.
>>
>>52716248
Nah, if that starts happening, I'll disguise myself as a common man and be a mentor to the kid. I'll walk him through all the training he'll need to take me on, I'll be there when he buys his first claymore and when he fires the longbow for the first time. Along the way I'll teach him my philosophy and why it makes the world a better place. We'll visit the libraries and read the old books, show him how life used to be. And when we get to my home, high on the mountain, I'll take off my commoner clothes and we'll fight. Even if he wins, he'll just keep up the current order.
>>
>>52716068
That makes sense, but anon "shot him until he got close", which implies as many multiple hits as possible in the time it takes a fighter to cross 60 feet.
>>
File: Cos-play.gif (727KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
Cos-play.gif
727KB, 450x338px
>>52716121
>>52716147
Yeah, but who wants to resort to Cos-play?
>>
>>52716493
The desperate. Like OP.
>>
>>52715805
>He's moving faster because he's not wearing heavy armor.
The ranger shouldn't be wearing heavy armor either, so their speed should be equal. and there is plenty of places to retreat in a ring, you draw them to the edge, then retreat around the perimeter. Hell, if you had put points in tumble, then you'd be able to just retreat straight across, back and forth. 60 ft ring, and a humanoid at base speed of 30 ft could only travel halfway across while still being able to attack.

Pull out your character sheet, grab a friend to play a melee, and run some combat scenarios in a similar ring, and keep doing it until you figure out some solo strategies. I'll stop insulting you and just assume that you are too used to having your party there for back up.

This isn't the GM being shit, this is him giving you an actual challenge to overcome, and now it seems it's even two-fold, which you should be grateful for.

In case it needs to be spelled out, the challenges are obviously 1) learn how to truly get in character and react how he would, not how YOU would, and 2) learn how to survive/win an encounter solo, without your team mates to back you up.

The second seems more important, because trust me, you WILL eventually find yourself alone and in a bad situation. If you don't figure out a solo survival tactic, then your luck will eventually run out.

Also keep in mind, if you formally challenge Sir Chad to a duel, it doesn't have to be in the ring. A good strategy would be to find a way to duel in the woods, so you can employ your woodland stride to kite him, and possibly manage to lose his line of sight and start employing hit-and-run tactics, using the terrain to your advantage.

Come on, man, it sounds all the world like you got a great GM who's gone out of his way to immerse you into the world. Act like the hero you're trying to play and TAKE THAT FUCKING BULL BY THE HORNS.
>>
File: 1426733762808.jpg (114KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1426733762808.jpg
114KB, 800x533px
>>52702864

>Cucked in an RPG

So this is the true power of an omega?
>>
>>52716592
>duel in the woods, so you can employ your woodland stride to kite him, and possibly manage to lose his line of sight and start employing hit-and-run tactics, using the terrain to your advantage.
Digressing here, but at that point, it's less of an honorable duel and more of a complicated murder plot.
Anyone who accepts that "duel" could just as easily be tricked into swallowing their tongue.
Just saying.
>>
>>52702864

Adversity is what causes character development. The conflict gives your character a chance to grow and to add depth to the story.

Would you really have more fun if the paladin just agreed to marry him without having to overcome any challenges? Nothing says your character will end up getting the girl, but you can flesh out your own character with either more endearing traits or less endearing traits. For example your character could become ultra jealous, or they could become a little bit of an invasive but good hearted friend who is just trying to make sure she doesn't get hurt if he doesn't trust her new fiancee.
>>
Alternatively, rig the first sandbag arrow to "break", blinding Sir Chad with "sand", so that you can pummel him with the rest of your arrows.
>>
>>52713973
>draw an attractive female in attire that highlights her sexuality
I have no idea why artists always do this.
>>
>>52716294
FOUND THE SITH

HE WAS UNDER OUR NOSES THE WHOLE TIME, MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>52716809
It's well within the tactics of a ranger. When it comes to duels, the only thing considered dishonorable would be outright cheating, such as using items or weapons not agreed upon, or saying you surrender to get a cheap shot in once they lower their guard. Other forms of deception can count as well, but using your own skills, the terrain, or feinting are still acceptable as well.

I do agree getting him agree to the woods would be difficult, but I'm just spitballing ideas in hopes of inspiring OP to take the reigns, think outside the box, and all that. He could, at the very least, take advantage of the Ranger's spells. 1 on 1, a low level Ranger should easily handle a melee with a simple application of Entangle and Longstrider, both level 1 spells. Even better if level two is available, to buff himself with Barkskin, Cat's Grace, etc...
>>
>>52717086
>took this long for someone to bring up a Ranger's spells
What in the 9 Hells, /tg/? We're smarter than this...at least, I thought we were...
>>
>>52703218
>Real chivalry is dead

This is true though.

When was the last time you saw a mounted warrior menace the peasantry?

Crossbows were a fucking mistake.
>>
File: download (27).jpg (4KB, 154x143px) Image search: [Google]
download (27).jpg
4KB, 154x143px
>>52702845
Your dm was probably annoyed at having to flirt with you so goddammn much so he cucked you. Sucks bro. Maybe don't get so attached your your dm's writing and play the game.
>>
>>52717362
Fuck, when's the last time you saw, or even heard of, an honorable duel to the death? Bring back Chivalry, so we can once again end our enemies rightly.
>>
>>52717369

From the looks of it, he agreed to introduce OP's waifu as a character. He didn't agree to give him fantasy blowjobs from an imaginary waifu.
>>
>>52717278
OP declared magic "against the rules" for some reason.
Since the fighter was training for battle though, practical sparring versus the full strength of a ranger might have been kosher though.
>>
>>52717684

It's obviously against the rules, because they're sparring. You don't bust out the magic for a training bout. He got his ass beat, and he went down like your mother at a sailor's convention.
>>
>>52702845
is this like a literal cuckold fetishist post?
>>
>>52717780
>He got his ass beat, and he went down like your mother at a sailor's convention.
On this, there is no debate.
And my mother is indeed quite fond of seamen.

But I pose this question to you: how then does a warrior train to battle magic-wielding rangers?
>>
>>52717799
>is this like a literal cuckold fetishist post
No, this is like a literal cuckold fetishist thread.
>>
>>52717930

You force them out into the open where they can't use their bows, and chop them to pieces. Basically anything that negates their advantages.

Remember, Fighters are really good at - well, fighting. In a straight-up fight, they kill anyone. So the important thing is to ensure that it becomes a straight-up fight.
>>
This thread has to be bait but yeah this reads like the classic motivation for a super villain in training.

I fully expect Fedora Ranger to go full edgelord and ambush the BroKnight with hired mercenaries and poisoned arrows and then go on to kidnap the Waifudin.

Sounds like OP thought he was going to get a standard Male Protagonist Visual Novel experience. Surprised that he's not expecting a moeblob harem fantasy.
>>
>be me
>Ser Knight of House Noblebro
>get roped into political marriage, would rather not but that's my job too I guess
>meet fiancee, 10/10 paladin girl with dark red hair and bright grey eyes, totally my thing
>one day adventurers show up at the castle
>one of them seems to know Waifudin
>scrawny Ranger with thick curly brown hair and one of those weird hats
>Waifudin tells me they were close friends back in her humble village days
>oh well that's great, figure I should make friends with this guy because he's obviously important to her
>guy doesn't seem that interested in me, in fact he's always kind of staring daggers at me.
>ask him if he wants to go hunting or something, says nah. go hunting with the Dwarf instead. that guy was cool
>Ranger is always trying to talk to Waifudin or steal her away to some balcony to have a long chat
>only way she gets him to leave is saying "see you around" and giving him a kind of awkward side hug
>one day me, Waifudin, some of the party, and a couple other knights are working out in the training yard
>Ranger comes up to me, kind of trips over himself as he challenges me to a sparring match
>ask him why, he glances at Waifudin and declares he needs to "test his skill"
>figure why not, might be good bonding
>guy says he doesn't really know how to use a sword, asks if he can use a bow
>sure, why not? seems only fair. give him a bow and some bean bag arrows
>spar starts, he just stands there lobbing these things at me
>i march up to him, we clack our weapons together and he puts up a decent fight.
>finally break bow on accident, flooring him.
>feel kind of like a jerk, offer my hand to him and giving him a "GG" because I can't think of anything else to say
>guy gets up and storms off, but not before giving Waifudin the dirtiest look I've ever seen
>visibleconfusion.painting
>Now Waifudin is just in a sour mood all the time. I give her some space

What'd I do wrong, /tg/?
>>
>>52718976

Obviously go get drunk with lots of Noblebro Chads at some local taverns and flirt with some noblelass Stacys.

Or possibly go tell your parents that waifudin obviously comes from too low of stock and ask for arranged marriage to someone else with less baggage.
>>
>>52702845
>>52702864

Okay first of the DM is the one who determines events.
Allthough i see that he's spiting you here for being an entitled cunt and thus decided to KEK your character.

If you want romance in your game at least make sure the partner NPC allready has an unshakable bond.
>>
>>52702845
>>52702864
I reccomend 2 things.
Investigate fiance.
Cast detect magic on childhood friend.

Just to make sure she isn't under some magic or shit because the DM might have given you a typical damsel in distress quest but you are too much of a spreg for it.

Otherwise publically bang some other chick and show that you have the bigger dick with an enlargement potion.
>>
And then the sexy female paladin turned into a 40'' tall giantess with smelly feet!
And she farted really loud!
And then she plucked me up and put me in between her huge sweaty boobs!
>>
>>52702845
Niggas going to die.
Anyways, dont give up yet, see where this leads.
>>
>>52717684
>>52717780
Oh, yeah, because that makes SO much sense.
>yeah, you can fight him fair and square, you just can't use half of your character's ability
>but he can still take full advantage of all of his bonus feats

It's a world filled with magic, he himself is already confirmed to have at least one powerful magic item in his arsenal. But no, incorporating magic into training or duels makes SO much sense, because the enemy aren't going to use magic against a melee fighter. (maximum sarcasm)

Not even all that invested in OP's situation, I just find the idea of magic barred from duels to be ridiculous. There's no way you could justify that in universe, especially as a soldier. "But magic isn't fair against a non-magic using fighter". Any soldier knows that war isn't fair, and he could have chosen to spend less time on his sword play and more learning the craft himself.
>>
>>52715902
>Must've been a pretty weak relationship in the first place if this is all it takes to make you give up on her OP
"I'm not interested in you"
"I'm getting married to someone else"
>>
>>52719042

It seems that OP's GM is running with the "A Paladin is basically one of the Exalted" thing, here. To the point your parents would go "Son, you HAVE to fuck this girl. Please. We insist."
>>
>>52719992
Well, she never actually said she wasn't interested.

Of course OP is a very unreliable narrator, so who knows what the truth of the situation is.
>>
>>52715902

Is she even interested in him? She basically seemed to flirt with him then another guy for a bit, then eventually settled on her fiancee.
>>
>>52720062
No idea, only OP could answer that one. I'd say it was a bit of a dick move if the GM took his backstory and just said "actually she doesn't care about you and never did".

On the other hand, the GM could well be trying to get him to put some effort in to roleplaying out a love triangle and trying to win her over, as others in the thread have suggested.

OP seems kind of insecure though, so if that is what's happening he's probably missed a bunch of signals and taken everything she said in the most negative possible way.
>>
File: stacked.png (19KB, 497x588px) Image search: [Google]
stacked.png
19KB, 497x588px
>>52716592
The scenario in the ring is stacked to the melee fighter's advantage. Bringing a bow to the fight was stupid, and that was the ranger's own fault.

Only way to "win" is by taking initiative and ending the duel in 1 shot, or "surviving" an attack and shooting the noble in melee, but I doubt the ranger can "beat" the noble in melee.
>>
>>52720293

Don't forget that, assuming they're the same level, the Fighter has an advantage. Both sides automatically hit each other since they're not wearing armor anyway, so the Fighter can full Power Attack every turn.
>>
>>52702864
>am I being too sensitive here
Yes
Did you expect them to just write a story for everyone to follow that was all about you and keep it going until you get everything you want with nothing to make the story interesting for anyone else, you know like conflict and the possibility of changing things.

Nigga the story isn't about you, it's a subplot. It's not THE plot, so it doesn't get core focus, of course it's going on the backburner at some point. You're playing D&D not a dating sim.
>>
>>52720318
Well I'm not sure if the noble actually has player character levels, but he's obviously a competent melee fighter (based on what OP wrote). So I seriously doubt the ranger could beat him in melee, while using a bow in a disadvantageous position.

OP never described if they had any established rules / win conditions (the noble didn't see this as a duel, after all).
>>
>>52720092

It would make more sense if he did, rather than introducing someone who is already in love with him. Even in the PF adventure paths, you had to take a feat for that.
>>
>>52702925

If you're going the sexy route, just have a skimpy outfit. Don't half-ass it by having heavy full plate on the upper half and then nothing on the legs.

Somehow this upsets me far more than bikini armor does.
>>
This thread is the reason I write all my characters having already lost everything. And why I prefer my players do the same.

Either you follow how they exactly and obviously want their personal story to pan out, and bore the rest of the table to tears- including themselves because just being handed something isn't as satisfying as working for it- or they riot and accuse you of purposely trying to shit on them for trying to make things even a little interesting.
>>
>>52720444

> or they riot and accuse you of purposely trying to shit on them for trying to make things even a little interesting.

As a GM, such is the stuff of good drama.
>>
>>52703175

NTR and cuckolding are not exactly the same; having your crush stolen by someone else is 100% NTR even if you were never an item, because NTR is a Japanese term and japs are weird like that.
>>
>>52720458
Good drama in the game is great. Any drama it causes when the spergiest players have difficult separating fantasy from reality and take it personally because of their waifu complex, isn't.

Anyone have that screenshot of one guy's story time of a player at his table being brought to literal tears because a cute ghost was being cheeky to his character? This reminds me a lot of that.
>>
>>52720518

He couldn't handle the banter.
>>
>>52720434

Living with autism must be hard.
>>
>>52720518
>Anyone have that screenshot of one guy's story time of a player at his table being brought to literal tears because a cute ghost was being cheeky to his character?
Holy shit what? Someone please post this.
>>
Just become a Noble of higher status.
Shouldn't be to hard.
>>
Once wrote a character with a deep hatred of everything that wasn't an elf.
Despised half-elves more than anything.
Told DM about the strange mark on the back of the characters neck and what my plans were for it.
DM forgot and the mark turned out to be ancient eldritch writing that basically made me God.

I didn't want that, It was just supposed to be ink. My character was a half-elf all along.
We got it right the second time.
>>
File: elf336959.jpg (10KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
elf336959.jpg
10KB, 269x187px
>>52721629
I play as an elf like that, but he aint no dirty mixed who bismirched the chance of smiting the unclean for the dream mongreling on
>>
File: 1415834050401.jpg (46KB, 713x468px) Image search: [Google]
1415834050401.jpg
46KB, 713x468px
>>52721629
>>
>>52702845
Maybe you could try talking to her parents and convincing them not to give her to the nobleman, since it sounds like they're the only reason she's marrying him.
>>
>>52718133
>You force them out into the open where they can't use their bows, and chop them to pieces. Basically anything that negates their advantages.
This is how you fight them, not how you train to fight them.

>Remember, Fighters are really good at - well, fighting.
This is how you pretend they don't need training.
>>
>>52720293
Thanks for this.

>Bringing a bow to the fight was stupid, and that was the ranger's own fault.
It only makes sense if his plan was to "win" by losing.
But I think he just was going by our advice and couldn't tactically assess the situation for crap.
>>
>>52720444
This is why I play with adults.
>>
>>52722486
Shame he didn't listen to the other half of the advice, which is win or lose the Waifu would probably think he's being a jerk
>>
>>52720444
But anon, then we wouldn't get stories like this when OP gets BTFO by his imaginary waifu.
>>
>>52721629
>Harry Potter and the Half-Elf Bitch
>>
>>52722596
Fortunately none of the characters thought it was actually a duel (except maybe the PC). He can always claim that he recently lost a pet or a friend or something, which is why he's being a bit sad and left the arena. Girls love occasional emotions like that. Just don't overdo it!
>>
File: fuckingpleb.jpg (39KB, 398x307px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingpleb.jpg
39KB, 398x307px
>>52702845
you suck. its the GM's job to present you with challenges. this is some softball shit, and you can't handle it, so you come whining to /tg/ about being sidelined in YOUR plot. there is no YOUR plot. just plot. you have to come up with your own solutions, its not the GM's job to lead you by your idiot nose. fuck.
>>
>>52714077
You suck. So fucking much. You suck suck suck. Fuck off.
>>
>>52722596
That really depends on who she is as a person, but I'm not sure OP is interested in her as a character, and not a trophy.

Honestly, the more he posts, the more he reminds me of a player in a session a ran once.
It was a scavenger hunt scenario where each treasure found led to another and the final treasure was a "become gods" level treasure.
The idea was that the first treasure was lucked into, then the PCs invest the wealth from it into hunting the rest.
This PC wanted to sit back and retire on their share of the first treasure.
Which was the equivalent of quitting your job when you win 20 grand in the lottery.
It really seemed like they just wanted to role play spending "fat cash" wenching in a tavern for the rest of their lives.
They became increasingly and irrationally salty whenever I hit the party with a wealth sink if any kind. (which was admittedly not done as smoothly as I would do now)

The guy just seemed to really want to "win" on the first challenge and yet keep playing.
It was bizarre.
>>
So you shoved some plot at the DM and you didn't like where it led.

Perhaps you should save it for next time you DM?
>>
>>52702951
>You're not entitled to have a fantasy waifu just because you put one in your backstory

Why not
she's not real
>>
File: konosuba4.png (448KB, 910x506px) Image search: [Google]
konosuba4.png
448KB, 910x506px
Easy solution. Discover all the paladin's most depraved, heinous fetishes, and reveal yourself to be exactly that personified. Scare off the suitor and enjoy your horribly deranged waifu in one go.
>>
File: 1452005924085.jpg (22KB, 660x630px) Image search: [Google]
1452005924085.jpg
22KB, 660x630px
Easily the most pathetic story I've read on /tg/ and the most pathetic character/player combo. God bless this hypothetical GM for introducing an actual character to his game rather than a glorified accessory.

My advice to the player would be to just cut your losses. I guarantee it's as embarrassing for your fellow players to watch as it is for us to read.

If this was a fake story, props to the OP because the premise was well-conceived and the responses it generated were very kek. I look forward to your next thread.
>>
>>52722642
It's not really softball shit, because (going by what OP's said anyway) he can't really win this one. He can't honorably beat the love rival, and he can't use evil cunning either because the girl actually likes the other guy and that would turn her against him. The entire idea of the duel was stupid.
It seems to me that he should just accept that this is a fight that he can't win and try something else. Use this as an opportunity for character development, and if nothing else, have his character vow on his broken bow to never be defeated in melee combat again.
>>
>>52702845
>>52714077
But this is basic romantic scenario. You want the girl, other dude want the girl, girl want you but feel confused. It mean you will need to prove yourself to her, not throwing tantrums and acting like a pussy. What the actual fuck, anon?
>>
>>52723837
>girl want you but feel confused

Is she really? She seems like she's pretty happy with how things are right now. Maybe if the Ranger really showed his worth then down the line she might start feeling for him.

But right now all the guy's done is show up, drop his spaghetti, meekly challenge her boyfriend to a duel for no obvious reason, and then get creamed.
>>
>>52722984
>Perhaps you should save it for next time you DM?

This. OP if this isn't a bullshit story, then take a lesson or the future, don't try to force plot. If you create an npc that you have an attachment to then save it or when you are the GM. The moment you bring out a detail as a player, is the moment you forfeit control o the detail to the GM.
>>
>>52720518
>Anyone have that screenshot of one guy's story time of a player at his table being brought to literal tears because a cute ghost was being cheeky to his character? This reminds me a lot of that.
Oh lord, I remember that thread.

I hope somebody can dig it up.
>>
File: feels_so_good.jpg (26KB, 252x348px) Image search: [Google]
feels_so_good.jpg
26KB, 252x348px
>>52702845
HAHAHAHAHAHA
OH MY
A
Cuck
GETTING
Cucked
IN FANTASY AND REAL LIFE
>>
don't listen to them op, go for that fiancee guy, you can't go wrong with nobility.
>>
File: tumblr_nmyx4a7VjZ1sv5749o1_400.gif (227KB, 312x176px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmyx4a7VjZ1sv5749o1_400.gif
227KB, 312x176px
>>52724103
>Ranger plays a long con to make Waifudin jealous by seducing her own boyfriend.
>>
>>52709824
It is. Everyone in this thread is garbage. Yes, including me for taking the bait.

6/10

I just lost The Game.
>>
This thread is absolutely hilarious
>>
>>52715423
>>52715434
>>52715445
Best advice, totally ignored.
>>
File: 1398902185787.gif (126KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1398902185787.gif
126KB, 720x480px
>>52702845
OP is a faggot getting butthurt he's not going to have kinda-gay ERP with his GM pretending to be a girl.
>>
>>52724373
Thank you.

I noticed OP returned to the thread after I posted those too.
I'm assuming he either overlooked the three large posts or was waiting until he has time to consider what I said and to form an appropriate reply.
>>
File: The Forecast.jpg (122KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
The Forecast.jpg
122KB, 500x748px
>>52720518
>>52720813
>>52724021
Bump because I also really want this
>>
>>52702845
Be a fucking hero and save the damned kingdom.

You'll be the advantageous marriage.
>>
>>52725900
I remember it.
I couldn't find it.
I don't think think the ghost was called a ghost, which makes searching for it near impossible.
If nobody provides it, I could nutshell it, but that takes away most of it.
>>
>>52702845
I hope this serves as a lesson: never create a backstory character that you wouldn't mind that DM takes over. Or if you do don't get emotionally attached with him or your PC.

Or take the good life and be forever an orphan.
>>
File: zeusburst-into-flames.jpg (50KB, 650x576px) Image search: [Google]
zeusburst-into-flames.jpg
50KB, 650x576px
>>52702845
>Leave Paladinfu to her Chad
>Learn everything there is to know about Paladinfu's god
>Become the most devout motherfucker that god's ever seen
>Meet/Greet/Travel to the god's plane of existence
>Romance god
>Make them give up their divinity to be with you
>Laugh at Paladinfu, now that her "spark" is worthless and her god is your personal fucktoy
>>
>>52723837
>girl want you but feel confused
We have absolutely no evidence for this and quite a bit of evidence that she wants the other guy and is not at all confused about her (lack of) romantic desire for the PC ranger.
>>
>>52726612
>Paladin
>Following a god
>Not devoting yourself to the pure concepts of Law and Good
>>
>>52726612
This... this is pretty fucking good.

Do this.
>>
>>52728214
>can't win over a self written character out of an arranged marriage
>is going to be able to fuck a god

the guy should just kill them
>>
>>52702845
Kill them all OP

Kill them all

Become the villain they want you to be
>>
>>52728230
Yeah I don't think the Fedorian Ranger will be able to pull it off. He's done nothing but out himself as a pathetic beta.

>the guy should just kill them
>Ranger shoots an arrow into the castle courtyard
>A note is attached to it: "Some of you guys are alright..."
>>
>>52720092
Why is it a dick move? That shit can and does happen irl. As I see it, GM is just making things interesting.
>>
>>52726612
Wasn't that basically the start of the Alicia the atheist story?
>>
>>52728870
If the player wanted the character introduced with the explicit possibility of romancing her and the GM just completely took that out for no good reason, then he's being a dick.

If the player wanted the character introduced so that she could be his PC's love interest without any effort on his part, like he's the main character of a harem anime, then the player's being a dick.

It's the difference between "I want a legitimate shot at this character" and "I want her to fall in love with my character automatically".
>>
>>52729067
> the GM just completely took that out for no good reason

I think being uncomfortable with RPing as your bud's girlfriend is a decent enough reason.

What would've been scuzzy would be if the GM just killed off the waifu in a cheap way for /drama/
>>
>>52728870
>Why is it a dick move?
>>52729171
>I think being uncomfortable with RPing as your bud's girlfriend is a decent enough reason.
It is a fine reason.
But then he should have said that at the start rather than let the guy think he had a shot when he never did.
Deciding that no matter what the player did, the player's personal subplot was always going to be pointless failure?
That would be a dick move.

What if the player's personal subplot was finding his family's legacy artifact armor and the GM decided that it was melted down for scrap before the campaign even began and just let the player search for it the whole campaign?

See it now?
>>
>>52729171
I mean, sure, but lay out "I'll introduce the character but I'm not going to play your romantic interest" in that case, and it's not no good reason.
>>
>>52702845
>We're playing D&D, and my character (a Ranger) has had a subplot where he was romancing a female Paladin he knew from a long time ago. The idea is that she lived in the same village as him, and she happened to be the group's liasion in the Border Marches area the campaign takes in. It's a detail from my PC's backstory, and the GM worked it in after discussion at charagen.

>>52729067
>If the player wanted the character introduced with the explicit possibility of romancing her and the GM just completely took that out for no good reason, then he's being a dick.
>
If the player wanted the character introduced so that she could be his PC's love interest without any effort on his part, like he's the main character of a harem anime, then the player's being a dick.

First by OPs own statement it sounds like he wanted a love interest with no effort. At least thats how Im reading it.

Second a backstory is just that, its a set of ideas about a character's history, not a road map to future events. The fact that the OP had a specific outcome in mind for the npc is irrelevant.

Finally, the DM isn't disregarding the history, in fact the OP only said that his character and the npc were from the same village, not that they were friends or even kept in touch after going their separate ways, with the OP becoming an adventurer and the npc joining some religious order.

To me it sounds like the OP wanted the line o plot to play out in a specific way and is upset that the GM isn't going to just hand him what he wants.
>>
>>52702845
If this was a movie, the fiance would disqualify himself, either by dying, or by turning out to be a villain. Play out the campaign, maybe your GM will drop a bridge on him.
>>
>>52729282
>To me it sounds like the OP wanted the line o plot to play out in a specific way and is upset that the GM isn't going to just hand him what he wants.
It sounds like he should have had a discussion with the GM about what sort of plots he was looking for out of the character and come to some sort of idea they both liked..
>>
>>52729272
I disagree, backstory is a tool for the GM to incorporate portions of a character's history into the game. Just because the player has a desired outcome doesn't mean that the GM has to grant it.

>What if the player's personal subplot was finding his family's legacy artifact armor and the GM decided that it was melted down for scrap before the campaign even began and just let the player search for it the whole campaign?

That does not make the GM a dick, the job of the GM is to create an interesting story for the players. So if the story involves an npc marrying someone other than the OP as a plot device than OP should just suck it up.
>>
>>52729546
>It sounds like he should have had a discussion with the GM about what sort of plots he was looking for out of the character and come to some sort of idea they both liked.

As a player and a GM I hate this.

When I'm a player, I don't like dictating to my GM how I want my backstory to go. I like to think I'm a good enough player to roll with just about anything the GM throws at me. Frustration can always occur, but something I learned early on in my RPG career is fixations on a specific "vision" for your character always ends in disappointment.

Likewise, when a player comes to me and says he wants X Y and Z to happen in that order with no surprises I get annoyed. When you're that protective of your little narrative you really should just write a novel. Or at least GM yourself.

>inb4 everyone calls me a dictatorial snob.
>>
>>52729546
Oh but he apparently did as he said in his first post.

>It's a detail from my PC's backstory, and the GM worked it in after discussion at charagen.
>>
>>52729613
>When I'm a player, I don't like dictating to my GM how I want my backstory to go. I like to think I'm a good enough player to roll with just about anything the GM throws at me. Frustration can always occur, but something I learned early on in my RPG career is fixations on a specific "vision" for your character always ends in disappointment.
>Likewise, when a player comes to me and says he wants X Y and Z to happen in that order with no surprises I get annoyed. When you're that protective of your little narrative you really should just write a novel. Or at least GM yourself.
I said have a discussion, not dictate to the GM.
>>
>>52729627
See I feel that's still basically asking how the movie ends instead of just watching it for yourself.

If a player comes to me with a backstory I'll read it and work it into the game as well as I can in a way I think everyone at the table will find interesting. I don't tell the player my ideas and in my experience they always appreciate the surprise.

OP clearly didn't, but that's because it's obvious OP just wanted to RP his stupid slice of life dating fantasy.
>>
>>52729664
Agreed. I consider future plot lines to be at the sole discretion of the GM, regardless of what players might have in mind. I say this as a GM and a player.
>>
>>52729577
>Just because the player has a desired outcome doesn't mean that the GM has to grant it.
But if the player has stated their desired goal and is actively working toward it and the GM lets them struggle for it while knowing they were never going to grant it, that is a dick move.
The PC might never get their goal for dozens of different reasons, but that reason shouldn’t be the GM saying, “Nah, fuck you, you were never gonna get that. You just wasted all that effort for no reason.”
>That does not make the GM a dick, the job of the GM is to create an interesting story for the players.
Explain how intentionally letting a player struggle to achieve an unattainable goal over many sessions is “creating an interesting story” while not “being a dick”.

This is supposed to be an interactive story, not the GM swinging his narrative cod in the players faces.
>>
File: powerlevel.jpg (17KB, 248x251px) Image search: [Google]
powerlevel.jpg
17KB, 248x251px
>>52723605
>>
>>52729613
>As a player and a GM I hate this.
I can understand this.
I don't think the future of the plot should be laid out, but the players and the GM should be on the same page as to where the plot is going.

When I run a game, if a player specifically creates a family back home in the sheltered hamlet of Safetyburg in the township of Securesville, for them to send letters and money to while they fight to keep them safe, I make it clear that I won't directly kill or endanger them just for the sake of it, but if the party fails to stop the evil lich, all bets were off.
Alternatively, if a player wants to date Lois Lane, the bitch is gonna be in danger.
>>
All these replies and no source on OP's pic, huh?
>>
>>52729768
Earlier, I totally meant to post:

NOBODY KEKS LIKE GASTON!
>>
>>52729814
NOBODY KEKS LIKE GASTON!
>>
File: lab.png (100KB, 765x279px) Image search: [Google]
lab.png
100KB, 765x279px
>>52729805
https://www.artstation.com/artist/syar

You lazy ass bitch.
>>
>>52729900
I recognize those witches!
>>
>>52729735
Y'know, in life sometimes you put tons of effort into something, all your passion and sweat and tears, and you fail. You don't get what you want, everything goes to shit, and all your effort was wasted.

It's called realism. I'd rather have a DM surprise me with unexpected failure than make sure to railroad the campaign into my character being perfect and his every dream coming true.

Seems like you like boring games.
>>
>>52729735
>But if the player has stated their desired goal and is actively working toward it and the GM lets them struggle for it while knowing they were never going to grant it, that is a dick move.

That statement makes a lot assumptions, you are assuming that the GM had decided from the out set to fuck the player over. You are assuming that the GM didn't get a spark of inspiration recently, and finally you are assuming that the player isn't being a dick by constantly focusing on and forcing their own subplot.

>Explain how intentionally letting a player struggle to achieve an unattainable goal over many sessions is “creating an interesting story” while not “being a dick”.

Ignoring the assumption, Players struggle for goals all the time and don't always achieve them, why is this circumstance unique? Because, a player had it in his backstory? Because the player is being vocal abouth his displeasure? One player being upset that his subplot isn't turning out to his desired outcome does not make the story less interesting for everyone else, nor does it make the GM a dick.

There are too many unknowns, all I can do is see what OP has posted and I see someone more concerned with his own story rather that the game as a whole. This evidenced by his own statements. You make a lot of assumptions about the GMs motives but completely give the OP a pass.

If a player fixates so much on a subplot that he becomes upset that the plot is going in a direction he hadn't considered, than that player needs to step back and realize its a community game, not his personal fantasy.
>>
>>52702845
>>52702864

>wanting to push your waifu into the game for no reason
>DM turns it around by cucking the fuck out of your character and giving your waifu to another
Holy shit, anon, this is absolutely brilliant. You have no idea how hard I laughed at the thought of you getting cucked by a character of your own creation. Whoever your DM is, he's great. Honestly, I would've gone one step further and made it so that the noble fighter hailed from some far-away desert kingdom, and was thus a nigger. I'd even tell you about all the half-breed babies he and your paladin waifu are having, just so that you'd have something to think about when you're going to bed all alone.
>>
>>52716121
And what if she or the knight fella find out you've slipped her a mickey in an attempt to un-cuck yourself? Then you'll lose not just a childhood friend/crush, as well as any respect anyone's ever had for you, but possibly your life as the knight is going to go for another round, only this time it won't be with practice weapons.
>>
>>52724103
The only correct answer in this thread. Uncuck yourself by fucking the nobleman, OP.
>>
>>52714077
Is this a mastercraft shitpost? If you're doing this on purpose then I fucking love you, OP.
>>
>>52730292
>That statement makes a lot assumptions
Actually, it makes one: That 'the GM took his backstory and just said "actually she doesn't care about you and never did".'
Which is what the reply chain was discussing, that possibility specifically, rather than the actual events.
Just that IF the GM had decided from the out set to fuck the player over by not letting them achieve their goal no matter what, it would be a dick move.
That's all.
The other anon is disagreeing.
Possibly just to be an ass.

>>52730064
>Y'know, in life sometimes you put tons of effort into something, all your passion and sweat and tears, and you fail. You don't get what you want, everything goes to shit, and all your effort was wasted.
>It's called realism.
But if, behind the scenes, there was someone who knew you were always going to fail, watched you struggle, put obstacles in your way to overcome, and always knew it was all pointless and was with you every step of the way but never let you know?

>I'd rather have a DM surprise me with unexpected railroaded failure than make sure to railroad the campaign into my character being perfect and his every dream coming true.
>Seems like you like boring games.
Because that false dichotomy of boring certain success or GM planned failure are the only choices and a real chance at success or failure is an absolute impossibility? No.
Seems like you like insanity or shitposting.
>>
>>52730905
>Actually, it makes one: That 'the GM took his backstory and just said "actually she doesn't care about you and never did".'

If that is assumed than it means the poster is also assuming that there are no alternatives to the GMs thought process so my point with three example assumptions still stands.

>But if, behind the scenes, there was someone who knew you were always going to fail, watched you struggle, put obstacles in your way to overcome, and always knew it was all pointless and was with you every step of the way but never let you know?

If the player keeps pushing for his desired outcome regardless of the GMs reasoning than that means the player is making a dick move.
>>
>>52731081
>If that is assumed than it means the poster is also assuming that there are no alternatives to the GMs thought process so my point with three example assumptions still stands.
Are we really going into this?
Okay.
Your second assumption is a conclusion drawn from the first assumption.
Your third assumption is an unrelated assumption regarding OP's actions which are irrelevant to this specific discussion.

>If the player keeps pushing for his desired outcome regardless of the GMs reasoning than that means the player is making a dick move
Although there are various levels of "pushing", some of which might be acceptable, your meaning is clear.
I agree.
>>
>>52731277
>Are we really going into this?
Sure why not, lets do this, I'm feeling autistic tonight.

>But if the player has stated their desired goal and is actively working toward it and the GM lets them struggle for it while knowing they were never going to grant it, that is a dick move.
This is what the poster I was debating said, he is assuming that the GM had a specific goal of denying the player from the beginning.

Therefore based on his statement he is also assuming that there are no other reasons or the GMs actions hence my second example is valid and logical.

My third example is relevant to the discussion, as again in the above statement, the poster I was debating, by the sheer fact that he has assumed all of the fault is at the feet of the GM he also assumes that the player is not at fault and therefore the third example is valid and relevant as well.
>>
>>52731482
>This is what the poster I was debating said
The discussion actually began earlier, but fine.

>>52731482
>Therefore based on his statement he is also assuming that there are no other reasons or the GMs actions hence my second example is valid and logical.
This is literally "a conclusion drawn from the first assumption."
The word "Therefore" alone helps point out that it is a conclusion rather than an assumption.

>by the sheer fact that he has assumed all of the fault is at the feet of the GM he also assumes that the player is not at fault and therefore the third example is valid and relevant as well.
You are stating that, because the GM is totally at fault for the failure of the player achieving their goal, that somehow means the player isn't being a dick by constantly focusing on and forcing their own subplot.
The GM being at fault for it failing and the player focusing and forcing their subplot are not directly related and both could easily occur at once.
In short, the player being a dick in the way specified is unrelated to the GM being a dick in the way specified.
One is irrelevant to the other.
>>
>>52730674

I don't think anyone could pretend to be that pathetic.
>>
>>52729577
>OP should just suck it up.
Or he could, you know, leave the table?
>>
File: 1440800743727.jpg (853KB, 1031x1549px) Image search: [Google]
1440800743727.jpg
853KB, 1031x1549px
>My PC is trying to charm this girl, and she's semi-reciprocating, but she didn't only show interest in my PC. She also flirted with the party's Sorcerer quite a bit, and waved off my PC's concerns as 'No, there's nothing between us, it's just silly'.

Sounds like the GM was trying to set up a love-triangle (with Waifudin playing hard to get) from the beginning. When OP and Sorcerer didn't play along, he introduced the arranged marriage to force OP to fight for his love interest.

Props to the GM for trying to turn a background blerb into a proper plot point. OP is just too much of a faggot to realize this.
>>
>>52702845
>>52702864
Someone has a cuckold fetish
>>
>>52733291
Hell, I'd jump on that kind of opportunity for one of my games, I normally find romance subplots to be super cringe, but it sounds like DM set up something legit to work with.
>>
>not approaching the nobleman's liege
>not convincing him to make you a member of his court and plotting to falsely accuse the nobleman of treason
>not making a deal where his lands are temporarily given to you for one year, making you elligible for marriage, with the understanding that 7/8ths of that valuable land will be transferred back directly into the liege's personal demense
>not living on a handful of acres with your new wife as a contented baron or perhaps even a count
I bet you didn't even think to offer her family a matrilateral marriage
>>
>>52731619
What's really funny is OP only bothered to fight for the girl after our goading and did it in the most half-hearted and pathetic way I've ever seen.

I feel all this conjecture about if OP is doomed to fail is irrelevant. It's obvious he's failing on his own and doesn't need the GM's help with that.
>>
Thank you OP for bringing us this.
>>
>>52729272
>What if the player's personal subplot was finding his family's legacy artifact armor and the GM decided that it was melted down for scrap before the campaign even began and just let the player search for it the whole campaign?

OP wants the armour to just appear on a pedestal for the character to take.

The GM presented the armour as currently being used by a dark knight / or being in the hoard of a great beast. To gain the armour, the player has to fight hard for it and regain his family heirloom.

What you described is more long the lines of the GM just saying "the paladin died a year ago" if we're applying it to the actual scenario.
>>
There was a point when you needed to shut this shit down and you passed it. You should probably have made it clear how you felt at the point that she was flirting with the sorcerer.

But no, you went fullblown fedora niceguy.

At this point, wait and see what happens but for the love of fuck get a couple of wenches in the meantime.
>>
change class to wizard
>>
>>52733308
You're retarded. This is classic love triangle shit.

Stop getting all your knowledge from the Internet.
>>
>>52702893
This. The DM really had two choices here regarding your character:
>make it so the paladin falls in love with your PC with little reason
>have her do literally anything else more suiting of her character
this is a great opportunity to develop your character. Maybe make him someone less dependent on affection.

As someone who's dealt with an entitlement complex on either side, in real life, I think it's pretty great that your DM is adding this complication as a way to look to the core of who your character is.
>>
>>52702845
>>52702864
How horrible, you lost an imaginary waifu
More seriously, the GM was smart to give her more character and motivations, from what you said, I don't think you were railroaded to fight, you choose to spare against him (you didnt have much chance to win anyway judging by how the Noble Chad was described and the whole close quarter sparring against your ranger).
Don't hold a grudge against your DM, keep playing and roleplay to see where the story will go
>>
>>52702845

Remember in Romeo and Juliet when everything worked out great and that's why people use them as an example of a romance plot?

Oh wait, fucking conflict -> interesting story. Just get the girl, man!

D- Demonstrate Value
E- Engage Physically
N- Nurture Dependence

Just keep on going but maybe make some more grand gestures. You need to ask: do you want the romance plot to happen and get a happyeverafter, or do you want an interesting story? Would you be ok with this chick dying in your character's arms? Running off with another guy and you're heartbroken? Maybe you end up with a different girl- you didn't even realise she was The One until it snuck up on you! etc.

Is your character IN LOVE or just interested? If he's in love, fucking fight for her. Ask her to wait, and say you'll prove you're worthy. Be dramatic and romantic and bold. If she absolutely shuts you down, ask the dm if he wants you to stop and say it's cool if that's what's happening. If the dm's like, 'nah do whatever man I mean you do you' etc then you PROVE you're worthy. Maybe in the end she marries him, but your character learns some shit about himself and has an arc and betters himself and realises he doesn't need her.

also that pic is dumb, you need to value this girl as a person if you have any hope of romancing her. It implies to me you just wanna jerk off thinking of your pc with her and the gm probably noticed and is creeped out
>>
>>52734627
Not OP, but rangers usually suck.

Well, it's his fault for picking ranger but I cannot see a situation where a ranger could beat a fighter who wasn't retarded.
>>
>>52729613

Totally agreed.

In my current game my character is romancing an npc and the dm seems to have gone 'well, they want romance so i guess she's into him now.' But.. I don't care if she breaks his heart or uses him or is in love or w.e- it's all good to me. I'd rather he just play her the way he had been, and have her react naturally and respond to the shit my character's actually doing.

I suspect she's using him because she wants orc genocide and he's a powerful bloodmage who is really good at killing orcs, and he's kind of retarded so she can just lead him along and kill all. Much better story than :3they'reinlove. Tho, if they end up together I'm totally down with that and think it's cute etc.

I guess my point is, players need to be open to whatever the dm does. And the dm needs to trust that players won't get pissy over every idea they have. two way street. But the dm should, to some degree, try to consider what the player seems to want and try to implement it as a possibility if it's not totally retarded.
>>
>>52715598
he probably isn't deeply insecure
>>
>>52734767
>I guess my point is, players need to be open to whatever the dm does. And the dm needs to trust that players won't get pissy over every idea they have. two way street.
>players need to accept what DM does
>DM needs to trust that players will accept what they do
>totally a two way street
Nice try.

How about players need to trust that DM will do something that is fun? Because, ya know, everyone should be having fun both the players and DM?
>>
>>52731619
You're right, this is the statement I initially responded to.
>No idea, only OP could answer that one. I'd say it was a bit of a dick move if the GM took his backstory and just said "actually she doesn't care about you and never did".
Looks very similar to what he said in successive statements.

>This is literally "a conclusion drawn from the first assumption."
I am stating that the poster I was debating is making an assumption that the GM is a dick for x reason.

In doing so he is also making asserting that his statement is the sole rationale o the GM. This means he is assuming there are no other possible alternatives or why the GM is doing what he s doing. So my second statement isn't a conclusion drawn from the first, its drawn from his own statement. By arguing an assumption as definitive, he is also arguing that all three of my counter points are all his assumptions.

I am not stating that the GM is at fault, I am making a logical conclusion that the poster I was debating is claiming the GM is at fault. I do this using his own statements in which he states that the GM is a dick for taking the OPs subplot and toying with OP.

None of us know what the GM is thinking we haven't talked to him or even heard his side. However the poster I was debating was making assumptions and asserting them as definitive statements, I was pointing out that he was wrong in doing so, and explained that one assumption made means other assumptions are also being made.
>>
>>52734241
WEW HAHAHAHHA

i can't breath

Underrrated post my friend
>>
>>52702845
>>52702864
OP, if you want to even be in the running, you need to get some land.
>>
>>52736502
He can't win or conquer any, he needs to settle on some.
Tell us OP: Do you Catan?
>>
I've only read a little bit of the thread, and this has probably been said before, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Settle it in character. Stop complaining to the DM, stop complaining to us online, just do what your character would do.
>>
Don't die yet, thread.
>>
>>52728686
Fares't well, thou celestial automaton
>>
>player gets full on romance sidequest
>gets pissy because 'his sidequest' wasn't being handed his perfect waifu on a silver platter
How is the latter even a sidequest?
Your GM is handing you something COOL and you're shitting it up all over the place.
The other PC is WORKING towards the stuff in his sidequest. He's following clues.
You're bitching because you have to do the same.
>>
>>52702894

Dismounted. Rider.
>>
ITT: White Knights literally defend m'lady's honor.
>>
So let me get this straight. A higher-level Fighter with a bunch of magic items stole your girl and there's no plot means to get her back? Your DM has an NTR fetish, and rather than him entering your magical realm,you're entering his. Abandon the plotline immediately and do as much emotional harm to the Paladin as you can on the way out.

Or, you know, the Fighter Chad is going to turn out to be a vampire.
>>
>>52741276
> there's no plot means to get her back?

We don't know if that's the case. All we know is the Ranger's plans--which mostly involve acting like a presumptive little punk--failed spectacularly.
>>
Holy Pelor the cuck fanboys in this thread screaming at OP are even more pathetic than OP himself.

>muh thirsty

Literally the DM's fault for letting him have a waifu in the first place.

>muh butthurt

Of course someone's going to be butthurt when you give them a waifu and then take it away. It's like putting your hand into a dog's food bowl and trying to shove its nose away, even a decent dog might bite you.

>>52703690

Also props to this guy for being easily the WORST DM in this thread. What an absolutely godawful DMing approach, where who the party is might as well be as interchangeable as characters in a vidya. I bet this faggot secretly considers the plot "my story", too. Cancer 100%.
>>
>>52741310

What plans? He just said he was romancing her and she was already flirting with the Sorcerer too.

>My PC is trying to charm this girl, and she's semi-reciprocating, but she didn't only show interest in my PC. She also flirted with the party's Sorcerer quite a bit, and waved off my PC's concerns as 'No, there's nothing between us, it's just silly'.

Honestly, I read this as the DM trying to get him jealous over being cucked by a partymate, and then either it not happening (perhaps the Sorcerer wasn't serious), or more likely the DM realized that the Ranger could conceivably kill the Sorcerer, so he had him cucked by someone with more personal and political power.

By the way, did I miss a post? What exactly did he do wrong aside from assume this NPC from his backstory had a bond with him? That's a little dumb, but it's not unreasonable. Is it some feminist "you don't own her, shitlord" thing? What I like least about OP is that he's still pursuing her. Paladin waifus are by far the biggest whores of any class.
>>
>>52741310

If she's getting married there's nothing he can honorably do besides kill her fiance, kill her fiance's family, kill her family, and mindfuck her. That or hope for a plot miracle.
>>
OP, listen, this is a test from the gods here. You need to let her go. She's not worth it, man. If she married you, she'd be fucking the Sorcerer, or flirting around and making you jealous nonstop. Don't do it. Don't walk that salt-lined path. Sincerely wish her well, shake Fighterbro's hand, brush your shoulders off, and go fuck elf whores. Like, keep fucking elf whores until you feel better. Then get back to adventuring and maybe meet a better waifu.

If/when she cheats on Fighterbro with a dragon or something, don't be her rebound and save her from the headsman, either. Brush. Them. Shoulders. Off.
>>
>>52741556

Have you considered that sometimes, women casually flirt with men they find attractive? Sorcerers are high-Charisma. The girl sounds like she hasn't committed to anyone, and is enjoying the attention from men.
>>
>>52741556
>By the way, did I miss a post? What exactly did he do wrong aside from assume this NPC from his backstory had a bond with him?

Read >>52714077
He took some "advice" about challenging the fiance to a duel, in the presumed hopes of emasculating the knight and proving the Fedorian Ranger was the superior romantic option.

Except he did it in the most half-hearted, limp-wristed way and got creamed.

>Is it some feminist "you don't own her, shitlord" thing?
>believing women should have a choice in who they date/sex is for feminist SJW nu-males

Going solely by what the OP describes, he wrote in a character who his Ranger had a crush on when they were younger. The character shows up later, having either moved on or just not had any romantic feelings for him to begin with. The GM was likely providing some kind of love triangle subplot, and the OP went about it in standard Nice Guy fashion (resenting her new beau, acting like he's entitled to her boobs, etc.).
>>
File: 1443498782413.png (972KB, 784x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443498782413.png
972KB, 784x720px
>>52741763

I'm guessing you're in a polyamorous relationship your "girlfriend" insisted on, right?
>>
>>52741779
Not him, but in his setting arranged marriages should be pretty common.

If so, OP should ask her hand in return of defeating whatever big bad they have.
>>
>>52741967
Not him but this would be a lot more poignant if the Ranger was actually in a committed relationship with the Paladin. He's not, so he's really got nothing to stand on.

The only person who has a legitimate case for being upset with the Paladin's flirting is the Knight.
>>
>>52741779
>Going solely by what the OP describes, he wrote in a character who his Ranger had a crush on when they were younger. The character shows up later, having either moved on or just not had any romantic feelings for him to begin with. The GM was likely providing some kind of love triangle subplot, and the OP went about it in standard Nice Guy fashion (resenting her new beau, acting like he's entitled to her boobs, etc.).

It's the DM's fault for okaying it and then trying to go "whoops backsies". If the DM leads you to believe another character has feelings for yours, and explicitly discusses this with you before the campaign, then yes, it's 100% reasonable to expect those feelings to be there and 100% reasonable to be salty when they aren't and you're expected to do all of the heavy lifting for the relationship you were told would exist. If I was the DM, I would never have okayed this, but once you commit to giving a PC something or someone, taking it away is a dick move and the fact that the situation is so classically NTRish makes it look strongly like the DM is putting his fetishes into the game.

>believing women should have a choice in who they date/sex is for feminist SJW nu-males

She's a plot device and part of someone's backstory. It's like having a character who wields their father's sword, and that's part of their backstory that they have their dad's sword, but suddenly along comes some cousin or bastard brother/sister who takes the sword with the full approval of society and wields it way better than the PC and it's just dandy and perfect for them. Oh, and the PC can't beat them, either. Girl or sword, it's a backstory prop and a lever to exert an emotional reaction from the character, not an actual woman for you to whiteknight. Now, do these things have precedent in storytelling? Yes. Are they a dick move to play on a character that forces them to either hog the spotlight with their sidequest or abandon a piece of their past? Yes.
>>
>>52742048

Not him, but that's why my recommendation was to go fuck elf whores. Sometimes a waifu is just rotten, no matter how hard the DM tries to make her appear like a pinnacle of virtue.

>>52742097
>>52741779

Have you both considered that love triangles only work as a plot when circumstances are even, or biased towards the PC played by an actual person?
>>
>>52742029

Do it, win, and then leave her for a scullery maid.
>>
>>52742097
>It's like having a character who wields their father's sword, and that's part of their backstory that they have their dad's sword, but suddenly along comes some cousin or bastard brother/sister who takes the sword with the full approval of society and wields it way better than the PC and it's just dandy and perfect for them. Oh, and the PC can't beat them, either

True story, I was in a game where this happened and it ended with the DM quitting TTRPGs forever.
>>
>>52742097
> If the DM leads you to believe another character has feelings for yours, and explicitly discusses this with you before the campaign, then yes, it's 100% reasonable to expect those feelings to be there and 100% reasonable to be salty when they aren't and you're expected to do all of the heavy lifting for the relationship you were told would exist

OP's story doesn't nothing to corrobrate this. The way he describes it
>OP tells GM he was crushing on a woman from his childhood
>Woman goes off to do her own thing
>Woman shows back up in a situation where she either she doesn't want to be in a relationship with the Ranger or does but can't.

Nothing OP says suggests the GM straight up said "yeah your waifu can be in the game and she'll be yours" then put a bait and switch. Everything he says DOES suggest he expected some puerile domestic fantasy where he gets a girlfriend just because he wants one. It was a blatant waifu fantasy and the GM is within his rights to veto that.

If the GM just said "yeah she got killed by orcs and you'll never see her again" then OP would have more of a case. If OP were actually a good roleplayer he would've found a way to make this situation interesting. Instead he just put on his fedora both in and out of character, then whinged about it on 4chan.

>Girl or sword, it's a backstory prop and a lever to exert an emotional reaction from the character, not an actual woman for you to whiteknight.

You must have pretty dim views on women if you think a female NPC and a sword are narratively interchangeable. You don't get to dictate how people treat you just because "muh backstory". That's called being a Mary Sue.
>>
Am I the only one who's absorbed so many 3.PF memes I expect this plotline to end with the Paladin leaving the martials for a random neckbeard Wizard who shows up and casts Cock of the Infinite on her wedding day?
>>
>>52742221
>
You must have pretty dim views on women if you think a female NPC and a sword are narratively interchangeable. You don't get to dictate how people treat you just because "muh backstory". That's called being a Mary Sue.
Not him, but if my character is Mickey Mouse I fully expect Minnie Mouse to have feelings for him.
>>
>>52742261
>Not him, but if my character is Mickey Mouse I fully expect Minnie Mouse to have feelings for him.

It's worth pointing out the way OP describes it we can't say for 100% certainty the Waifudin doesn't have any kind of feelings for the Ranger. After all, she didn't choose to get engaged.

It's pretty ambiguous, and it's entirely possible the GM intended the Ranger to prove his worth in some way to make her doubt her current situation. Of course, the Ranger went on to act like an entitled brat in character and that's probably gonna be a bit of a turnoff. You can still "fail" your backstory objective when it's legitimately your fault you know.
>>
>>52742221
>romance subplot
>after pregame discussion with the DM

You're either blind or willfully stupid. The DM led him to believe this was a waifu, and then she was not a waifu. If I buy a cat and it turns out to just be a very large rat, I'm going to want my money back from the pet store.

> If OP were actually a good roleplayer he would've found a way to make this situation interesting.

Unless you're a cuck fetishist being cucked isn't interesting, and you're genetically predisposed like virtually all mammals to REEEE about it.

>muh fedora
>You must have pretty dim views on women if you think a female NPC and a sword are narratively interchangeable. You don't get to dictate how people treat you just because "muh backstory". That's called being a Mary Sue.

She's not a person. She's an NPC. A plot device. When OOC you've had a conversation with the gameworld's god and he's said that yeah, you have a childhood love interest who's all grown up and a Paladin now, and she turns out to be interested in someone with more power and money and class levels after flirting with you and your Sorcerer buddy...you've been sold a pig in a poke. It puts OP in an awful position where he either plays true to the character trait of "loves this girl" and endures a depressing tragedy, or breaks character and goes to fuck whores instead. I, for one, prefer the whore option. You are whiteknighting not just for a shitty waifu with slut tendencies, but for a shitty waifu with slut tendencies who doesn't even exist.
>>
>>52742299
>It's worth pointing out the way OP describes it we can't say for 100% certainty the Waifudin doesn't have any kind of feelings for the Ranger. After all, she didn't choose to get engaged.
From the way she acted however it's pretty likely she didn't. Otherwise she would flirty with him and not the sorcerer.
>>
>>52742299
>not immediately backing off and being her shoulder to cry on is being an entitled brat

Holy shit being this beta should be illegal.
>>
>>52742407

She flirted with him too, apparently. Female paladins are notorious sluts.

>>52742408

This. Little nigga kept trying, at least. Everything else we've seen is projection based on certain anons' insecurities.
>>
>>52742391
different anon. that's some blatant assumptions you're making there.
>The DM led him to believe this was a waifu
Please point out where this was explicitly stated, because as far as I can see, the OP just ASSUMED this himself.
>and then she was not a waifu
She never was in the first place. Crush =/= waifu.
>If I buy a cat and it turns out to just be a very large rat
Then you are blind and fucking retarded, because you can't tell the difference between a rat and a cat.
>Unless you're a cuck fetishist being cucked isn't interesting
Except OP's not being cucked.
>Cuckold: noun.- the husband of an adulteress, often regarded as an object of derision. verb.- (of a man) make (another man) a cuckold by having a sexual relationship with his wife.OR (of a man's wife) make (her husband) a cuckold.

The Paladin is NOT his wife, so how exactly is he being cucked again, you illiterate retard?

>When OOC you've had a conversation with the gameworld's god and he's said that
This isn't even implication, now you're just making shit up. Point out where this was said to have happened?
>and she turns out to be interested in someone with more power and money
Your illiteracy continues to show. She's in an arranged marriage, and the OP's character is too chicken shit to ask her straight up about her feelings, and what was said that she had revealed was completely non-committal.

Go back to fucking middle school and learn to read properly you fucking downy.
>>
>>52742391

>You're either blind or willfully stupid. The DM led him to believe this was a waifu, and then she was not a waifu. If I buy a cat and it turns out to just be a very large rat, I'm going to want my money back from the pet store.
You wanted a cat and the breeder gave you a kitten. You then proceed to piss and moan that you didn't get an adult cat like you expected. Breeder tells you "wait and see" but you don't want any of that shit and walk out...You are now OP.

>Unless you're a cuck fetishist being cucked isn't interesting, and you're genetically predisposed like virtually all mammals to REEEE about it.
Falling in love with someone promised to someone else, is classic romantic plot. OP needs to prove to his love that he is the worthy suitor. Maybe he should've figured out who the Paladin was and where she was going in her life, instead of blindly "flirting" during their time together.
Does OP even know what she's into? Yeah yeah, NPC, not a real person, but seriously why would sparring with the knight do anything? I'm sure the ranger, being an accomplished bowman, could've walked into the training ground and showed some skill. Split an arrow, Robing Hood style in an impromptu contest with the other archers? Maybe the local retainers could use a little tuning up and the ranger could show off some leadership skills with the local bowmen? The ranger is part of a band of adventurers...surely a tale or rousing speech about their exploits would entertain the banquet hall?
>>
>>52741967

What girlfriend? She isn't even dating the ranger. He's beta-orbiting her.
>>
>>52742956
>>52743152

I wonder what exactly I said that got you so mad you had to samefag like that? Kek.

So, are you on the spectrum? Because if you can't infer "romance subplot started after discussion with the DM" means getting permission to waifu the Paladin you have autism. Same if you don't know that cucked doesn't necessarily require a marriage anymore, on this website especially.

>Yeah yeah, NPC, not a real person, but seriously why would sparring with the knight do anything? I'm sure the ranger, being an accomplished bowman, could've walked into the training ground and showed some skill. Split an arrow, Robing Hood style in an impromptu contest with the other archers? Maybe the local retainers could use a little tuning up and the ranger could show off some leadership skills with the local bowmen? The ranger is part of a band of adventurers...surely a tale or rousing speech about their exploits would entertain the banquet hall?

I can feel my ovaries cringing away from you from here. The duel thing? That was cool, fighting a duel for her hand is a classic even if he did it like a bitch. /tg/ told him to do it, too. Just bragging about your exploits is boring and offputting. Have you ever talked to a girl in your life?
>>
>>52743738
Not the same, but whatever.

Being charismatic isn't beating the shit out of her knight. There are other means of being an interesting character instead of challenging the knight to a duel. The arranged marriage is through wealth and status so whether you beat the knight or not, you still lose because you're a poor as dirt ranger with no land holdings.

>Just bragging about your exploits is boring and offputting. Have you ever talked to a girl in your life?
One on one sure. If you're entertaining a crowd (ever been to a corporate retreat?) you are the star of the fucking show.
>>
>>52742391
I remember the old days of table top games, I never heard anyone complain about subplot or even mainplot. I don't know if its because of changes in society, the internet, or what, but this disheartening i this is what the ommunity is like today.
>>
>>52743738
>can't reply because he knows he's wrong
>W-WELL YOU'RE S-SAMEFAGING SO IM RIGHT

loving every laugh
>>
Still giving you the benefit of the doubt here OP.
Let us know how you proceed.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.