[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>EDH is babby mod-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: FiveGods.png (965KB, 1327x370px) Image search: [Google]
FiveGods.png
965KB, 1327x370px
>EDH is babby mod-
>>
>>52692034
The mono-color Theros gods were all better
>>
>>52692034
These are all shit in edh
Why not just run theros gods
>>
White and red gods are made of shit.
>>
The gods are seriously the most disappointing part of Amonkhet so far
Like what's the point of them? They're not remotely playable or interesting.
>>
>>52692034
Their P/T almost match... but not quite.

Their mana costs JUST ABOUT match... but not quite.

They are terrible.
>>
>>52695302
>R&D makes mythic rares powerful, workhorse cards
>people complain because mythics are too good
>R&D makes mythics meh-tier, flavor-only cards
>people complain because mythics aren't good enough
>>
>>52695709

Just get rid of Mythics then.
>>
>>52695719
Bumping Planeswalkers down to rare would have a pretty big impact on limited. Sometimes cards get bumped up to Mythic specifcally because they do lewd things to mythic.

Also I guess market research shows that players having a 1/8 chance of opening a special thing (rather than always knowing you have 10 commons, 3 uncommons, and 1 rare, every single time always) makes opening packs more exciting. People like the surprise I guess?
>>
>>52695914
just make planeswalkers mythic then. Not as bad an impact on limited, and fits the whole "planeswalkers are speshul" shit they are trying to push. Magic has gone consistently downhill since the introduction of the mythic rarity
>>
Literally the only god I would consider buying is mono G and he's only a sidegrade from Nylea...

At more than double the price. AKH has a lot of great commons and uncommons for my alesha and liliana heretical healer decks plus some great simic cards but. Holy hell the rare + mythic + legendaries are ass
>>
>>52696222
Funnily enough, Mythic Rarity was introduced in 2008 when MtG was losing players in DROVES, dropping from 7 to 6 million players.

Since mythic rarity was introduced, it has gained more than 14 million new players and in 2014 was at around 22 million.

I still hate mythic rarity, but gambling highs are serious fucking business.
>>
>>52695914
Unironically defending mythics. Just how cucked can you be? If you don't get paid for this kys asap.
>>
>>52692034

I'd say 3 out of 5 are at least playable. Green, White and Black seem like it would be more or less easy to get them online, considering EDH is a slower format for most people at least. I'd even say the black one is pretty good in a monoB deck with a lot of sack outlets and things like grave pact and dictate of erebos
>>
>>52697927
If Blue isn't playable, then show me a card with repeatable instant-speed draw at less than 3cmc to cast and 4 for the actual draw.
>>
File: 47.jpg (65KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
47.jpg
65KB, 336x469px
>>52698025

More or less. There are probably more but I'm not going to go over every single card

If we're talking about draw engines without adhering to those exact terms, I'd play rhystic study over the god every time
>>
Going to the Amonkhet open house tomorrow at my LGS my brother has decided to tag along. Neither of us have played magic before and my brother has no interest but is only coming to grab a second free deck for me and the promo card.

So my question is which deck (s) should we pick? And which colour would be best for a total noob?
>>
File: 1487308144066.jpg (35KB, 482x309px) Image search: [Google]
1487308144066.jpg
35KB, 482x309px
>>52698209

>starter decks

It literally doesn't matter. Pick whichever color you like more
>>
>>52697674

I like mythics unironically. They let Wizards print insane crazy shit that would ruin limited if they showed up regularly.

These are the best kind of mythics BECAUSE they suck. Good mythics get their prices jacked up like mad because people need 'em for standard. I'd much rather have shitty mythics that have zero standard playability but have applications elsewhere.
>>
>>52692034
these aren't even playable in EDH, dude. The most EDH-playable ones are Bontu and Kefnet, because Kefnet reads "Pay infinite mana: win the game" and Bontu is a sac outlet- but there are cheaper and better versions of those effects available as commanders.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.