[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 418
Thread images: 83

File: HHG image.jpg (671KB, 811x542px) Image search: [Google]
HHG image.jpg
671KB, 811x542px
Rolled 5 (1d26)

Breadanon still gone edition
Custom armies still superior subedition

The XVI took a turn at being Death Guard in their Terran Mastodon, the Ordo Reductor gather fleets to help after the Genetors called for help with some strangely camouflaged White Scars. Rowboat took a turn at being the biggest social misfit as the Khan and Morty are away feuding. Custodes chased some of the Emperor's lost eagles and succeeded because Daemons can't hold ground. The chemistry of Ceramite was discussed as the last Transporters were decommissioned for new giant boltguns. All this and more in the previous thread >>52670606

>READ MOTHERFUCKER READ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>HHG Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>THREAD SPAMMING SHIT BAIT
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3
>>
Word bearers are the greatest!
>>
File: DG_Legionary2_Pre-Heresy.jpg (19KB, 250x367px) Image search: [Google]
DG_Legionary2_Pre-Heresy.jpg
19KB, 250x367px
Best legion reporting in
>>
I know they've been there a while, but what's with all the (embed)s in the pasta?
>>
I Horus had slipped in the bathroom and died, who would the Emperor have made warmaster?
>>
I just got my 3 old school 2nd edition rhinos for my Night Lords. What should I put inside/on toon of them?
>>
>>52687943
Lorgar, the other primarchs would unite in their hatred of him.
>>
File: 1487462515909.jpg (166KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1487462515909.jpg
166KB, 720x540px
>>52687886
Actually toying with going for them, grey or red...they really burst to the brim with conversion possibilities.

I habe to admit that these bearers that were posted here before have me inspired.
>>
File: 1482960334136.jpg (161KB, 600x447px) Image search: [Google]
1482960334136.jpg
161KB, 600x447px
>>52688116
Seriously, some people do wonderfull things and slapping some plague censers etc on them would be so cool.

>Even in grey.
>>
File: Death Guard.png (82KB, 676x1710px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard.png
82KB, 676x1710px
How did I do?

Praetor w/ Destroyers, Siege Breaker with the Heavy Support Squad, Apothecaries with the blobs.

I tried to make something fluffy, but won't get immediately steamrolled.

Feedback is appreciated.
>>
>>52687943
Sanguinius, though he would decline at first and need to be convinced to take the position. Chaos would manage to sway him and you'd have a curbstomp heresy regardless.
>>
File: pic101813_1.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
pic101813_1.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
Working on more green stuff conversions, I'm considering using this mech as a sort of proto dreadnaught after converting it.
>>
>>52688216
Try support squad with flamers and Chem munitions. Shredding flamers means a lot of wounds.
>>
>>52688440
Also if you're running the reaping, you can give the sergeant rad grenades for a destroyer-like tac support squad.
>>
>>52688440
Would five in a rhino be effective?
>>
>>52688490
Or even better... veterans with marksmen and chem munition combi flamers, and rad grenades for the sergeant. Blast the enemy with rending shredding flamers, then assault them with rad grenades for the -1T.
>>
File: 1491946832047.jpg (253KB, 1324x963px) Image search: [Google]
1491946832047.jpg
253KB, 1324x963px
>>52687886
For Lorgar!
>>
Guy you are playing against rolled Nova power on his Magnus and plans to deepstrike him with a squad of Sekhmet termies with Levitation.

How can your army deal with that?

Hard mode:No physical violence against 1ksons player or his minis.
>>
File: 37a.jpg (114KB, 1262x705px) Image search: [Google]
37a.jpg
114KB, 1262x705px
Made a list based off one another anon posted a while back, going more for something fun and fluffy rather than something thats gonna win

HQ
Valdor, gives everyone free teleporters

Elite
Haeteron x3, x3 Shields, x2 Paragon Spear, Solarite Power Fist
Achillus, Dreadspear
Achillus

Troops
Sentinel Guard Squad, Vexilla
Sentinel x3, Vexilla
Sentinel x3, Vexilla
Custodian x3, Melta Bombs
Custodian x3

Heavy
Sagittarum
Sagittarum
Galatus

2500 exactly
>>
>>52688870

>want to design something thats fun and fluffy
>end up designing something that will fuck someone in the face
>>
Is a firestorm redoubt with a magos machine spirit (making it BS3) a decent source of antiair in 30k? Assuming I have a heavy support squad that would be getting a bunker anyway.
>>
>>52688942
shit really?
Thought it was the vehicles that were OP, what am i doing wrong?
>>
File: Angron_updated.jpg (565KB, 1044x1349px) Image search: [Google]
Angron_updated.jpg
565KB, 1044x1349px
>tfw to smart to conquer my homeworld
>>
>>52688864
Well, I have my two 50-man Militia Levy blobs in my 3k list, so with a decent deployment and first turn move I should be able to shield my primary forces from the nova, since it's before he can shoot the blobs to clear a landing zone. Then hammer the bastard with artillery, try to get some levies into close combat to hold him down for a turn and aim the Myrmidons at him. He's casting novas, so he's not invisible, if he was I'd just have to go with the big levy tarpit.
>>
>>52689107
Full militia/cult 3k list?

I've seen one comptently played before. They look really tough if done right.
>>
>>52689062

>smart
>literally wage trench warfare with stones and axes

was he ahead of his time or was he just retarded?
>>
>>52688996
>what am i doing wrong?
Playing custodes. Duh.

>>52689318
Well, yeah, rending & fearless on cheap models is going to be good.
>>
>>52689342
To be fair it's not like there's any military problem that can't be solved by throwing tens of thousands of psychotic superhuman berserkers with melee weapons at it
>>
>>52689318
Nah, it's just I prefer that brand of cheap fearless chaff to Adsecularis when my Ordo Reductor want scoring meatshields. I get more numbers, the Disposabe rule and some decent offensive output, but can't join the units and are less durable and flexible due to being 2x50 rather than 3 or 4x20. Mayber I'll throw in a couple Russes or something at some point, but I'm basically forced to only take Levies and vehicles because of Cult Horde and Tainted Flesh. Snapfiring artillery isn't much use to me.
They're fluffed as flash-cloned insane fodder with some modifications inspired by Xenos beasts they've exterminated, since that was a significant part of the Reductor and Genetor's role in the Great Crusade. Stage one for Genetor invasion plans is dropping thousands of those into enemy territory combined with an orbital bombardment, then landing troops in the confusion who have cloning vats that let them make a whole bunch more from harvesting the countryside.
They use pic related as models, with a few nid parts here and there.
>>
>>52688975
Bumping my question because I've had another thought: if I put a master of signals with said heavy support squad, could he use his +1BS trick on the firestorm redoubt's automated guns if needed?
>>
>>52688996
How are Custodes vehicles OP?
>>
File: IMG_1068.jpg (63KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1068.jpg
63KB, 500x353px
Okay fellow gooDGuys, am I doing this correctly? I don't wanna be a waacfag but I don't want to be shitty either.

As is I can't deal with AV15 outside of the chainfists (or a lucky shot from the lascannons), but I think that's okay.

It's a breddy fluffy list, only thing I'm not 100% sold on is maybe switching out the command Squad for some of those collass Grave Wardens, of anyone can report on how well they perform.

Rite of War: The Reaping
3,000 Point List

Praetor
>Terminator Armor, Chainfist, Digital Weapons
Terminator Command Squad
>Land Raider, 4 Bodyguards, 2 Powerfists, 2 Chainfists
Siege Breaker Consul
>Terminator Armor, Chainfist

Quad Launchers
>2 Batteries, Shatter Shells, Phosphex Shells
Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought
>Twin Kheres Assault Cannons
Deathshroud Terminators
>Land Raider, 4 Terminators, Rad Grenades

Tactical Squad
>Chainswords, Rad Grenades, Rhino
Tactical Squad
>Chainswords, Rad Grenades, Rhino
Heavy Support Squad
>Autocannons/Missile Launchers, Rhino
Heavy Support Squad
>Autocannons/Missile Launchers, Rhino

Vindicator
Vindicator

>Sisters of Silence Allied Detachment:
Oblivion Knight-Cencura
>Paragon Blade
Oblivion Knight Cadre
>Kharon-Pattern Acquisitor
Vigilator Cadre
>Kharon-Pattern Acquisitor

Any feedback is appreciated, including whether or not you think it'd be fun to play against. Thanks!
>>
>>52688116
>>52688146
oh hey its my word bearers a shit!
really sad I never got to finish that army
>>
>>52689683
Cheap fast skimmers with power of the machine spirit, high AV, -2 to hit in CC,and Flareshields, and weapons that can mow down units that matter and make mechanicum robutts go POOF on a 6.
Oh and the dedicated transport only has marginally less firepower than the heavy support tank, but more HP.
>>
>>52690071
I'd give the praetor a scythe to let him really go to town. If there's a situation where you have to go for mutual powerfist instant death you might as well let a member of the command squad do that, so the praetor doesn't really need a S8 weapon.

Similarly, scythes on tac sergeants are amazing, especially as you've given the sqauds chainswords so I'm assumed they're expected them to see close combat. DG sarges with scythes will beat any legion sergeant apart from WS.
>>
>>52689062

Angron was a garbage boy that got tricked into being a demon slave because his dad didn't let him die with his friends
>>
>>52690181
Cool shit, thanks amigo.

You know anything about how well Grave Wardens perform? I like the models, fluff, and rules, so I'm leaning towards grabbing some of them and just deleting anything with a 4+ or less.
>>
>>52689596
Wait a minute, you're the dude doing a full conversion heretek genetor army aren't you? If you have any pictures of your stuff I'd love to see it, listening to you talk about your design ideas they sound cool as shit.
>>
>>52690158
What bits did you use for them? Could you also post more images of the dudes that you sold?
>>
>>52690233
The Emperor shouldn't have bothered trying to save him. No Warhounds lobotomising themselves, one less rebellious and hard to control primarch to worry about. Saving Angron was so illogical you'd almost start to think the Emperor really cared about his creations :^)
>>
>>52690181
>I'd give the praetor a scythe to let him really go to town. If there's a situation where you have to go for mutual powerfist instant death you might as well let a member of the command squad do that, so the praetor doesn't really need a S8 weapon.
Ño. If that's the case better give him a proper Paragon Blade, which may be scythe shaped.
>>
>>52690304
Yeah, that's me. Sadly at the moment I'm in the middle of moving house so everything is deep within a massive pile of boxes three hours drive away, but when I've got a decent force built and here I'll gladly post some pics. Got a bit sidetracked by SW:A, too, so been working on a vanilla Skitarii squad for that.
>>
>>52690318
Looks Like DW Knights Torso and the GW Cataphractii with the chaos spikes from the Chaos Termies
>>
>>52690255
No idea, sorry.

Forgot to say, you may have been wondering why I claimed DG sarges were better than EC. Basically, if you're up against EC you refuse the challenge the turn they charge, then murder them next turn.
>>
>>52690352
I'd considered that, and it's not a half-bad idea.

>>52690386
Oh well, thanks. I'll go for them anyway, just to fuckin cool.

And thanks for the hint about the sarges, that'll be fun as shit to make and model
>>
File: Word Bearers WIP (1).jpg (212KB, 720x407px) Image search: [Google]
Word Bearers WIP (1).jpg
212KB, 720x407px
>>52690318
its just the dark angels 40k termi kit + the B@C termis, you put the front of one on the back of the other easy peasy. You will have to shave a bit of the connecting pieces down but yeah simple. Was converting up the tac squads as well from the dark vengeance kit + Calth bits but never finished painting it all before I sold it.
>>
>>52690352
Eh. I prefer Reaping Blow to Murderous Strike, feel the (often) extra attack is better than the (rarely-rolled) instant death, but what the hell.
>>
File: Lets sell some stuff (4).jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Lets sell some stuff (4).jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52690318
>>52690421
and this is the lot. Shit I think I have converted and sold like 4 or 5 armies in the last 2 years...... I think I have a hobby problem haha
>>
>>52690470
Fucking horrible, bin that 40k shit
>>
>>52688996
He was having a dumb.
>>
>>52688864
Angel's Wrath and go all flyer?
>>
>>52688870
I'm not sure it's so bad. Haeterons, Achilluses, and Sagittarums are alright but they aren't the units that make Custodes scary. This army's small enough in model count that it'll be a race between the opponent whittling it down in shooting and the Custodes killing them in CC.

Valdor is a bit cheap for what he does, but it's taking multiple shield captains/tribunes with the shield and cyberfamiliar (i.e. rerollable 3++) that people get salty about.
>>
I finally have some free time, so I started building my long dreamed-off custodes. A couple of questions, if I may:
- How important are Vexilas? I dislike their look on small units, plus the change for the bearer looks like it'd impact the team heavily.
- Infantry and Walkers only; retarded or somewhat viable? While their vehicles look slick, the streamlined, elegant design doesn't match the custodes' design at all, so I'd rather avoid them and the jetbikes.
- When it comes to the shield-captain, I kinda want to represent digital weapons and cyber-familiar on the model, but going for the generic cyber-skull is boring. Eagles would be an option, but all bird of prays from GWs line are either stationary (and thus won't work for a running tribune) or are absolutly huge, like the aetherwings. Any advice?
>>
>>52690470
Those guys look like shit.
I mean, they're modelled and painted well. They just look like turds.
>>
>>52690857
'Alright' is not the term I'd use for Sagittarum, to be honest. 'Overcosted', sure. 'Pointless', no doubt. Even 'garbage' would be fitting.
More seriously, you are of course correct. The reason Custodes are scary are because Caladus, Tribune, Agamatus and Coronus.
>>
>>52690992
lol they are base coated..........that is it.
>>
>>52690963
The hawk from the Deathwatch White Scars biker dude isn't that big. I'd also consider the eagle sitting on Coteaz's shoulder. They don't capture the "cyber" part, but you'll figure something out. Also consider something a little less common, like a lizard from the Fantasy range (no idea if there are any) or Yvraine's cat thing. Green stuff a metal plate like Tycho's for its face.

Custodes without vehicles are fine as long as you get the teleport transponders. Not sure you need vexillas, either.
>>
>>52688864
>Play six full tactical squads
>There is no room to deepstrike

easy AF
>>
>>52690963
Use the eagle Coteaz has? It's actually a cyber-eagle, too. Or failing that, a Dark Eldar Razorwing flying above him?
>>
>>52688864
>How can your army deal with that?
It can't.

I still play him, have fun, buy him a beer afterwards And maybe ask him to tone it down the next time for comradery's sake.

Feels great playing with functional adults and not autistic 4chan stereotype neckbeards.
>>
>>52691178
>>52691327
The cyber-eagle from Coteaz, while a gorgeous bit, is huge and hardly very dynamic.
The hawk from the DW biker is a great idea though. Didn't think of that model. I think I even have the box lying around somewhere. Thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (196KB, 1060x933px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196KB, 1060x933px
Made a start on Bullock pattern jetbike Custodes.
>>
>>52691792
What's the point of a lance unless the point sticks out way beyond the nose of a bike?

Wait, is the lance even represented in their rules?
>>
Does anyone know a good tutorial for painting Imperial Fists? Yellow is a bitch and a half.
>>
File: IMG_2435.jpg (80KB, 600x1175px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2435.jpg
80KB, 600x1175px
>>52691792
You're doing The Emperor's work, anon. Looks great so far
>>
>>52691864

It's comments like these that make me fear doing IF.
>>
>>52691851

The official one has a power lance, I've decided to just give one squad of three guardian spears and the other sentinel warblades for visual variety.

By the way if anyone has suggestions for the nose of the bike I'd be thrilled to hear them. My initial plan is to Oyumaru and green stuff cast Sammael's bike's nose to get the eagle on it, but I'm aware that whether that works or not depends on how good my cast is, so I'd be glad to have a backup plan.
>>
File: crying laughing pepe.jpg (8KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
crying laughing pepe.jpg
8KB, 220x230px
>collecting multiple legions
>>
>>52691864
>Yellow is a bitch and a half.
So what, anon?

Your mother is a bitch and everybody still does her.

Lose your fear, yellow can be easy provided the adequate recipe.
>>
>>52691864
>Prime White
>(very thin) Yriel Yellow
>casandora yellow
>reapply yriel to taste
>Dorn Yellow

Some anon did a black primer and some cool Zandri dust stuff for a Templar's look, maybe he'll help.
>>
>>52691966

You can prime black too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l_XqLR2orls
>>
File: 6515165461.jpg (28KB, 302x389px) Image search: [Google]
6515165461.jpg
28KB, 302x389px
>>52691991
Poor Knight Anon.
>>
File: IMG_2422.jpg (181KB, 825x1310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2422.jpg
181KB, 825x1310px
>>52691921
>not collecting 1 legion, mechanicum, and Custodes

FeelsExpensiveAndTimeConsumingButRewardindingMan.jpg
>>
>>52691886
You need to use several coats, otherwise it gets spotty and you can see the brushstrokes. The worst bit is when you do the OTHER colours, since any mistake is much more difficult to cover up.

I just tried this method:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qmS9iEWYAk&t=6s
but it turned out terrible. Does anyone know if the "Cassandra Yellow" shade he uses even exists? GW has a Casandora Yellow, but using it like he did here just ends up as orange. Is the yellow shade he used out of print, or something?
>>
>>52691864
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ9w9J7gfJI but with yellow instead of white.

More seriously, you have to choose between layering increasingly lighter colors over a dark base, or starting with white and basically shading your way towards yellow. The latter is less work. It's done less often for IF because the final effect is a little light for a gritty space marine army, but it's where I'd start.

First, paint a Death Guard marine. In other words, use a bone-colored spray, shade with Agrax Earthshade cut with Lahmian Medium (or any other clear matte base), and highlight with white. Don't have to do do the black parts now, but I would. Easier to touch up the edges around the black/metallic parts now than after doing the yellow.

Then slather with a yellow glaze (Lamenter Yellow is GW's). Redo the highlights. Yellow glaze again. You might want another final highlight but at this point you're probably ready to move on to the other colors (the blacks and metallics). The advantage to doing the black earlier is that you don't have to be as precise when you fix them this second time around.
>>
>>52692061
I don't get this. Why wouldn't you invest all your energy and emotional autistic factionfuing into a single force? Spreading it out feels cheap.
>>
>>52692081
>>52691966
Many thanks.
>>
>>52692092
Because some people actually finish their collection and then move on to the next.
>>
>>52692073
People 100% overuse Cassandora, it's meant to be a recess shade, not the "oh I'll cover the whole thing" method people usually do. Though I like mixing it with a little Agra for a good darkening feel.

Corax White is actually pretty great in my experience, just make sure to shake well and have a humidity <40%.

The GW standard stuff looks great, and the reggo averland/yriel/shade/edge flash glitz/very edge white scar has put in good work.

Honestly the worst part is when you FUCKING HNUDGE A BIOT PF FICKING ABADDON BLACK PN THE FINISHED YELLOW FUCK YOU DORN JJUSTT PICKK A SMALR COLOR YELLOE CAN'T HIDDE FOR SHIIT AND NOW OTS ALL RUIIJEDDD FUCKITTYY FUCK FUVK FUCK
>>
>>52692128
>not buying more models to fill out a whole company of your guys
>>
>>52692138
Yeah, the spoilered but has me worried. Have you ever tried adding streaks of silver to the middle of a black splotch to make it look like battle damage?
I've been wondering if that would work.
>>
>>52692092
Exactly >>52692125 this. I got to the point with my legion where I said "this is all I'll ever want to play and more. It is good." and then I moved onto Mechanicum. When I hit the point where I said "0010000 01001001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01001001 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101110 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01111001 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110010 01100101 00101110 00100000 01001001 01110100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100111 01101111 01101111 01100100 00101110" then I moved on to Custodes. Now it's just a work in progress.
>>
>>52692147
But I already have two companies worth of marines. At that point I start something new once everything is painted.
>>
>>52692165
Exactly that. I've hit the point where it's pretty easy to fix, but when I can't a little chipping work does fine.

Top-Tip is that the larger, flat areas of non-yellow are much easier to paint first. I dunno why I just do better then, plus the tiny splotches over get covered up.

Detail is just pray you don't fuck up, but once you get the feel of it it's easy as can be.
>>
>>52692165
Just don't screw up =].

Actually base paints make touch-ups easier than they used to be. Yriel yellow, then your main shade of yellow is usually enough. You could of course do all the black and silver first while the rest of the mini is bone or white.
>>
>>52692223
Wait I meant exactly this >>52692128.

Wasting more time on an army that I'm content with only leads me to bad/ugly units I've no intention of fielding. @RampagerSquads
>>
god I love this guy and the emperor's children post and pre heresy. thinking of doing a heresy era army what do?
>>
>>52692128
I can always use more stuff to put in parade formation
>>
>>52692081
By any chance do you have a picture of the finished product? This sounds like a solid way to salvage the can of Army Painter Skeleton Bone I just bought.

Otherwise I'm going with either this:
>>52692138

Or priming white very lightly and spraying Army Painter's yellow on top of that.
>>
>>52688216

A techmarine with Rad Missile Servitors is cheaper than the destroyer squad (193 for 4 missile launchers at full range instead of the half range suspensor rig.
>>
>>52692443
>This guy again

Just start EC already and stop edging, jeez
>>
>>52692443
One box of BaC, a few add-ons for the Chest Aquilas and bob's the Primarch of the XIII.
>>
File: 1401039923_561720607.png (247KB, 527x453px) Image search: [Google]
1401039923_561720607.png
247KB, 527x453px
>>52692545
well I have my 40k EC but im hesitant on HH EC since im finishing my eldar
>>
>>52692576
Well, 30k EC are not cheese incarnate like the Eldar, but they won't lose you friends either.
>>
File: Alaitoc_farseer_art.jpg (102KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
Alaitoc_farseer_art.jpg
102KB, 400x800px
>>52692653
I play eldar because I like eldar not because they are chesse my army is heavy on lore and less on waac
>>
>>52687819

I can't paint white for the life of me.

I thinned my paints, started from a light grey primer base, but after a million coats it's still uneven and sloppy. The white has the same quality as a dude wearing a shitty white office shirt over a noticeably white undershirt in the afternoon heat.
>>
>>52693270

Try priming white? I mean if you just want plain white.
>>
>>52692045
What's her name, you unknown-name reaction Anon?
>>
>>52692092
>Post-heresy Red talon scheme, aka it's backwards
>Storm bolter
>Death Guard chest
>Masked Zoidberg helmet
>Weird backpack vents
Is that a completely hipster sergeant?
>>
>>52693558

Might be Scouring or 2nd Founding era. Would explain the purity seal and the Mk VII helmet.
>>
>>52693499

Yeah that's gonna be the next step. But I've been following all these guides and they all start with light grey and look amazing,
>>
>>52693593

It should take no less than three coats from grey.

>some khaki color
>some lighter khaki color
>white

But if you wanted plain white in the first place, why not just prime whatever individual piece you wanted white? Hell of a lot easier to just prime white, then use imperial primer on the dark areas after.
>>
Are there any auto-includes for Alpha Legion? Is there a "standard" list to measure against
>>
>>52693844

Going off of this, I'd like to ask the same question but for IF. Note: I like termies and swords and shields a lot.
>>
>>52693844
Depends on what the list is tailoring for. If an AL list has Dynat, it will also probably have a Saboteur for that delicious chance at a Penetrating hit causing an explosion on your prize tank (see: Saboteur Anon's Salamander tank killing spree), and the AL player will try to rapidly close the distance to your edge of the table before key units leave their deployment zone. Infiltrate and MTC are the choice Mutable Tactics traits to achieve this strategy. t. AL player.

This is, of course, only the most generic strategy of any AL worth their salt. I have my own list build and strategy that hard counters several lists while still remaining flexible, even unpredictable, but I'll never tell what that is. :^]
>>
>>52694436
This is exactly what I was looking for thank you. Spoken like Alpharius himself
>>
>>52694394
I can chime in for IF since they're my legion!

We're good at shooting bolters, so take advantage of that and run squads of Tacticals (or Vet. Tacticals under PotL). My go-to is three squads of 20 Tacticals with attached Apothecaries. Get in some cover near an objective and we're unlikely to break, unlikely to die, and can murder anything that advances into us with Fury of the Legion.

I take advantage of deep-striking Terminators by giving them a 'Termicide' loadout: Plasma-blaster and 4 combi-plasma per 5 Terminators, throw a couple power fists and a single chain-fist into the mix. These guys are your troubleshooters. Drop them on pesky squads or vehicles as needed and murder away. Depending on the point level I'll run 2 squads of 5 or 1 squad of 10. (Elites slots are usually very crowded for me.) They're good all-rounders but I usually use them to decimate enemy heavy infantry.

For dedicated anti-tank I run Laser Destroyer Rapiers and drop-pod in a Cyclonic / Siege-Wrecker Leviathan. If you need to deal with Spartans and Primarchs I highly suggest a Medusa battery.
>>
>>52694436
Do Dynat's rule, and Dynat+Saboture combo work when none the opponent's force is not actually on his side of the table due to Orbital Strike and etc?
>>
Missile Servitor/Servo-Automata: What models should I use to represent them?
>>
>>52694951
Put a terminator torso on some mechanical legs, CML on the back and targeters and mechadendrites on the arms.
>>
>>52694940
I think it says that YOU have to be in their deployment but that's it
>>
>>52694929
I am also seeking IF help. I'm limited somewhat by the models I have, but I will be able to expand a bit in places.

My current plan is to run three 15-man Tactical Squads and a pair of 10-man Veteran Squads, but I'm not sure if I should give the the tacticals the extra ccw or how to kit their sergeants, nor am I sure how to run the vets. I'm thinking sniper vets with 1 heavy bolter and 1 missile launcher, but again I don't know about the squad leader.

And I'm at a total loss about HQs, though I know I won't be using named characters.
>>
>>52694929

How's the Stone Gauntlet RoW?
>>
>>52693526
Fujiwara mokou she's a 2hu
>>
Almost done with my Raven Guard army and I'm thinking about starting on a small Word Bearer force. It breaks my immersion when I fight other loyalist legions with my dudes, so I figured also doing a traitor legion will allow me to play believably against anyone at any time. Whadda ya think /hhg/? Smart move?
>>
File: a_clash_of_gold_and_iron.jpg (109KB, 900x741px) Image search: [Google]
a_clash_of_gold_and_iron.jpg
109KB, 900x741px
Death Guard x Iron Warrior x World Eater loyalist :^) team up when?
Powerful attack, defense and middle ground.

What would your shattered legion triple composition be, anons?
An IF/IW siege team is my lewd combo as well, maybe with AL as fast attack :^)
>>
File: IMG_0683.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0683.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Blackshield Reaver lord conversion, progress is slow but constant. jesus
>>
File: image.jpg (195KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195KB, 768x1024px
>>52691864

I used this.
> Averland sunset thinned down in two layers
> Sepia wash, or flesh wash ( I perosnally used AP soft tone)
> 50/50 Averland sunset, and Ushabti bone highlight.
>>
>>52690158
Still sad you sold them.
Greetinhs and best wishes from europe for your future projects.
>>
>>52692675
Then you'll like the 30k environment. Go ahead and start, you're allowed to even if you haven't finished your Eldar army yet. Also there's no such thing as finishing an army.

>>52693270
What paints are you using? I'd use Ulthuan Gray over your primer, highlighted with White Scar. Don't actually try to use White Scar for wide coverage, it isn't very good at that and nothing white is that white in real life.
>>
File: IMG_0506.jpg (1MB, 2731x2909px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0506.jpg
1MB, 2731x2909px
Finally put together my three FW MKIIB Land Raiders for my Custodes. I forgot how fun these are to build.

Gonna clean and drill later.
>>
>>52693844
>>52694394
They both do well with Pride of the Legion lists. Lots of vets, some termies. If the latter arrive via deep strike and have to survive a turn of shooting, use Cataphractii armor.
>>
File: 1482812497530.jpg (113KB, 383x518px) Image search: [Google]
1482812497530.jpg
113KB, 383x518px
Converting plastic Heresy marines into despoiler squads seems horribly impractical.

Any cc legions anons here willing to tell about their personal experience in that regard?
>>
>>52696996

How would stabbing with a chainsword like that even work, the next tooth coming out of it wont be touching anything.
>>
>>52697078
I always thought that they pulled backwards, so in that image the teeth would be moving up towards the EC's helmet.
>>
>>52696996
Dont, despoilers are retarded, just pay one more point and give them CCW, glue a knife or chain bayonet or something to represent it.

>>52697078
Maybe he isnt stabbing and more like brute forcing a chainsword through that fycker's eye socket
>>
File: b8b359c2f17271ade458e46e778162ed.jpg (209KB, 1384x902px) Image search: [Google]
b8b359c2f17271ade458e46e778162ed.jpg
209KB, 1384x902px
So I want to paint up some Dusk Raiders, but I have no idea how to paint up the blue-ish grey of their armour, anyone got some suggestions of paints to use?
>>
>>52697123
>Dont, despoilers are retarded
Good for WE then :^)
>>
>>52697167
The Fang? Even comes in a spray can.
>>
Is it true that Mk II power armor dudes look small compared to the Mk III and IV plastics?
>>
File: IMG_0507.jpg (1MB, 2507x2429px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0507.jpg
1MB, 2507x2429px
Finished the drybuild on the SoS Rhino. Time for cleaning and trimming.
>>
TS beep boops up for preorder. They're still referring to that one weapon as an "æther-flame" cannon, because forgeworld gonna forgeworld.
>>
>>52697564
Pretty fukin sweet
Can mechanicum use them?
>>
Anyone got the Rules to the Talons of the Emperor?
>>
Daily reminder that bikes and jump packs in a DG army is bad and you should feel bad for using them.
>>
>>52697790
B-but raven guard players tell us jump infantry are still infantry!
>>
>>52697761
Nobody tell him.
>>
>>52697880
Stop being a bitch Mom
>>
>>52697178
Yea, but no need seeing as how you get free Chain-axes on Tacticals
>>
>Today sees the release of a new Limited Edition Primarchs novel for all you Black Library fans. ‘Perturabo: Master of Olympia’, by Guy Haley, delves into the life, motivations and actions of, surprisingly enough, Perturabo, Master of the Iron Warriors.

>The novel covers his difficult upbringing and his later return to Olympia as the vengeful master of a Space Marine Legion – but it also gives an unparalleled insight into what drives Perturabo and how the challenges of his childhood shaped the man he became and the actions he took.

Oh boy, I can't wait to read a book all about the thousand sons, and how great Magnus is.
>>
File: FyreslayersAuricHearthguard02.jpg (115KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
FyreslayersAuricHearthguard02.jpg
115KB, 920x950px
Would these dragon heads on guardian spears work as pyrithite spears?
>>
>>52697178
>>52697123
Thanks for the advice, tacs in Storm Eagles can probably still use those bolters after and if they survived the first slug fest.
>>
>>52687819
Aaaaaaaah Forgeworld states that some Solar Auxilia minis are sold out and no longer available!!

Sadness.
>>
>>52698087
Could be that they're just out of stock but an intern pressed the wrong button when updating the webstore. It's happened before.
>>
Why Isstvan 3 took so long for the Traitors to finish the Loyalists? They had every advantages (supply, air support, even fucking Primarchs)
>>
File: 1488678466644.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488678466644.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>52697406
Good suggestion, thanks anon!
>>
>>52698121
Hopefully.
>>
>>52698016
Not in my book, but they would look good on banana terminators with flaming pikes maybe.
>>
>>52698149
I guess you could say it was not as WELL DONE! as a certain Primarch said it was.
>>
>>52697761
They are in the webway
>>
>>52697453
Eh not really, well mk III is, but it's bulked out with extra armour plates so it should be. MkII looks a bit bigger than plastic mkIV since it got a bigger backpack and shoulder pads.

Why do you ask?
>>
File: 20170414_210038.jpg (1MB, 1697x763px) Image search: [Google]
20170414_210038.jpg
1MB, 1697x763px
>>52697790
Well fuck
>>
File: Ancient_Rylanor_-_Istvaan_III.jpg (123KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient_Rylanor_-_Istvaan_III.jpg
123KB, 900x1273px
>>52692443
Do it, join the best legion and be the best you can be.

Also, don't forget to toast your victory before every game, you know you're going to win anyways with your perfect plan :^)
>>
>>52697453
Its specific to their legs
>>
What weakness does plasma-heavy Orbital Assault army has, beside the possible turn 1 sudden death? Lack of anti-tank?
>>
File: Phordal_Assault_Squad.jpg (75KB, 576x462px) Image search: [Google]
Phordal_Assault_Squad.jpg
75KB, 576x462px
>>52697790
Pls. DG jumpers are canon, all legions had some of them but some legions had more, and used them more than others.

Nice bait tho.

I bet you miss true grit.
>>
Any tips on facing Angel's Wrath those-fuckers-won't-come-down army? I don't have that many Anti-air models at the moment.
>>
>>52698350
Horde lists, since all the plasma in the world won't save you from 120 frothing berserkers. Massed AV13 more than AV14, since its easier to spam AV13
>>52698369
A dorito dread kills a flyer a turn, as does a Xiphon. Otherwise, airspam suffers from not having many scoring models, unless they're running jump-heavy, in which case you kill them same as any other
>>
I wrote a list. Not sure whether I want the Lightning or not, but I'm not sure what to replace it with. Can't fit another Droplite squad and don't particularly need any Peltasts or HQ units.
4k Ordo Reductor - AoD FoC.

HQ:

- Magos Reductor with Machinator Array (150)
- Archmagos Archimandrite with Cyber-familliar, Abeyant, Machinator Array, Djinn-Skein and 4 Occularis, Chainfist, Photon Thruster (355) Warlord.

ELITE:

- Techpriest Enginseer Auxilia - 1 extra Enginseer, 4 Servo-arm servitors (105)

TROOPS:

- 3 Thallax, Photon Thruster, Destructor (175)
- 3 Thallax, Photon Thruster, Destructor (175)
- 12 Secutarii Hoplites, Omnispex (164)

FAST ATTACK:

- Arvus Lighter with Twin-Linked Multilaser (90)
- Lightning Fighter with 4 Kraken Missiles, Servitor Control and Auguries (210)
HEAVY SUPPORT:

- Macrocarid Explorator with Explorator Web, Flare, Ceramite, Grav Imploder and sponson Irrads (345)
- 3 Myrmidon Destructors with Graviton Imploders (240)
- Artillery tank squad - 3 Medusae, Siege Plating, Machine Spirit, twin-linked bolter (480)

FORTIFICATION

- Skyshield Landing Pad (75)

LORD OF WAR:

- Suborbital Strike Wing - One Sokar-Pattern Stormbird, Orbital Strikes Upgrade - (Has to be the 40k Version, so 1 less lascannon and some extra heavy bolters) - 1000pts.
Allied Detatchment - Miltia and Cults

- Force Commander, Tainted Weapon (55)
- Provenances - Cult Horde and Tainted Flesh (70)

- Levy Squad - 50 Levies, Frags, 2 CCW each. (110)
- Levy Squad - 50 Levies, Frags, 2 CCW each. (110)
>>
>>52698472
>droplites
>40k grav weapons
>spammed medusas
>barebones allied detachment to get fearless, rending blobs
Were you trying to fit every cancerous thing in the game into one list, out of interest?
>>
>>52698547
Up against Custodes by the bucketload and many many 1ksons, so yes, actually. Local meta not the most chill. In casual games those Levies turn into Adsecularis, the Hoplites lose their ride and there's Basilisks instead of medusas, but I hold onto the grav as my anti-Primarch solution when literally everyone else runs them almost every game.
>>
File: FN 30k (174).jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
FN 30k (174).jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Back into the swing of things with gaming again finally! Friday night games are a go. Been trying out the new Centurion format for the up coming eye of horus event next month. Played a shadow wars mission with 2k a side, we both ran Mechanicum lists and the result was brutal cyborg on cyborg action that came down to the last turn. Here is a pic just before all the thallax and ursarax from both sides gave eachother big hugs.
>>
File: Death Guard - Murder a world.png (178KB, 332x253px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard - Murder a world.png
178KB, 332x253px
>>52698320
Assault marines?

Nice, they look ready to murder a world
>>
>>52698182
Then how does one make pyrithite spears without sitting on their ass and waiting for FW to do it for them? Just putting a meltagun on the end look lazy and not snazzy enough.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
To anyone who has a custodes on hand
Would a tartaros power fist be alright for a solarite fist or are the proportions all off?
>>
>>52698860
Arms are too short.
>>
File: Carlos the Custode.jpg (413KB, 1128x1463px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos the Custode.jpg
413KB, 1128x1463px
>>52698860
That's what I did.

>Inb4 it looks like shit.
>>
>>52698967
Yup, the proportions are indeed all off.
>>
>>52693558
it's post heresy, i hope forgeworld will go in depth on the second founding
>>
>>52699201
I agree. We need more post-Heresy stuff in 30k. Then I can field my Dark Vengeance DA with ease.
>>
>>52699042
Well, sometimes you gotta work with what you got and I didn't have time to wait 3 years for FW to release some. Looks ok to me.
>>
>>52698787
Nice, I've got a three-for-all coming up today.
>>
>>52697093
Its pretty obvious in this case thats how the sword works if you look at the design of the teeth, they're grabby hooks that pull apart meat.
>>
>>52698787
Are those Centurions hanging out there?
>>
>>52699303
Sarcasm?
>>
>>52699713
yeah need 3 more gun pigs so subbed some in from the mates stash
>>
Anyone have the link to the imgur album painting guide for HH?
>>
>>52697957
It's Guy Haley, not Graham "I only have five characters and they're all shit" McNeil.
>>
>>52699844
So they are Castellax count-as or conversion then? How much size difference is there between them actually?
>>
>>52699970
no bro, literally I need 3 more myrms so we just subbed some models in
>>
>>52700000
Ah, I see. They look pretty... what should I say, fit in for some reason. Maybe it's the color?
>>
I heard the primarchs are based around the twenty star constellations.

Who is who?

Alpharius & Omegon is Hydra
And Horus is confirmed Sagittarius
>>
>>52698967
Nah. The solarite power first for the imperial fists that FW makes is smaller and less huge looking than normal power fists. I think it makes it look good, like it's well made rather than just huge.
>>
>>52700208
I am also curious about this
>>
>>52699303
Is actually rather see a unification wars game made by forgeworld. All the various factions of terra during that dozens of years long conflict.
>>
File: 1492099999564.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1492099999564.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>52700208
By that notion, do you think that the legions at their core traits reflect said constellations as well?
>>
>>52700568
Dunno, I just googled and these people are still arguing and speculating about it.
>>
File: IMG_20170413_210823.jpg (3MB, 4640x3480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170413_210823.jpg
3MB, 4640x3480px
is this hammer big enough?
>>
>>52700568
No, constellations are just a bunch of burning nuclear fires.
Actually maybe you're right.
>>
File: image.jpg (340KB, 997x1645px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
340KB, 997x1645px
>>52698860

Works fine, but you have the wrong one selected.
>>
Why is there zero fluff for Alpha Legion?
>>
>>52700746
Because they are the meme legion.
>>
>>52700746

Because there are situations where you can write nothing, pretend that counts as good writing and morons lap it up.

See also, almost all "lovecraftian" fiction.
>>
>>52700588
If I do remember correctly, Horus mentioned that the Emperor compared him to Sagittarius in Horus Rising, but that doesn't mean they were based on them, but I do see where people are coming from though

>tfw also born a Sagittarius and always typed-casted by friends as great guy, maybe a little prideful, and when we play tg/vg, the guy who always ends unfortunately betraying everyone
>>
>>52700795
>See also, almost all "lovecraftian" fiction.

Edgy
>>
>>52700843
please don't compare yourself as Horus

he watched youtube conspiracies for two hours and then turned traitor
>>
>>52700876
The issue is they're not my comparisons, halp plz
>>
>>52692443
do it
>>
>>52697957
>>Today sees the release of a new Limited Edition Primarchs novel for all you Black Library fans.
Aaaaah so nervous. Gib scans plox :^)
>Oh boy, I can't wait to read a book all about the thousand sons, and how great Magnus is.
Shieeeet.
>>
Are BS 5 Malcador Assault Tanks worth the investment? Thematically I like the fit in my army list and I can get three cheap but if I won't ever play them I don't see the point.
>>
>>52700865

That word also describes most lovecraftian fiction.
>>
>>52696781
One day, when i finished my study, i be like you sempai.
>>
Is there any source as to why Angron inflicted the butcher snails on his own legion, knowing full well how horrible and pointless it was?
>>
>>52701033
I thought they wanted them to be more like their primarch and he just went "sure whatever do what you want"
>>
Horus Heresy rewrites fucking when
>>
>>52701033
>Butcher snails
Absolutely terrifying
>>
>>52701240
Let Chris Wraight rewrite the whole series.
>>
>>52701240
This. The so-called space opera is driven by Demi-gods behaving like children instead of adults. Some of the lore is great and I love the fleshing out of certain details, but the plot drivers are... silly.
>>
>>52701272

Angron's pets, the Butcher Snails.
>>
>>52697602
Not using the Thousand Sons rules. You can pretend they're normal Castellax.

>>52697957
I like Guy Haley; Baneblade and Shadowsword were honestly good, especially the latter. Also, he said that unlike some of the other Primarchs novels, this one is an origin story.

>>52700208
What? There aren't 20 constellations. The zodiac has 12, and there are a bunch more... I've never seen them grouped into 20. I prefer the primarchs = tarot arcana theory.
http://menducia.atspace.com/primarchs/I.html
>>
>>52698229
I want to start a White Scars army and am considering Mk II dudes in transports but I'd be keeping the outrider and jetbike riders in Mk IV because screw converting dozens of Mk II legs into a riding position. So I'd be mixing marks but not in the same squads nor in the same positions.

The only reason I thought it might not work is that someone said FW resin legs were pretty skinny next to the plastic ones, to the point of looking like they were in another scale.
>>
>>52701191
That is what happened. I think it was mentioned in Betrayer, but probably covered more fully in Butcher's Nails.
>>
>>52700940

Malcadors are super viable tanks and fun as fuck in 30k
>>
>tfw you share the same astrological sign with Gulliman

Why... He is boring...
>>
>>52700746
This account is a lie.
>>
>>52701662
As are you, so it works out well.
>>
>>52700940
Yeah, they absolutely are. What's your list?
>>
>>52701719
Running Ironwing Protocol, looking for some change up in my list. Can't get complacent ya know. Rule of thumb at my location is if it says tank in it's name it counts as a tank so they get the +1 BS in a squadron,
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
>>52697790
"No."
>>
>>52701781
They'd be worth it without the +1BS, but I think that's a fair ruling.
>>
>>52701642
This. Battle cannon and demo cannon and autocannon sponsons.. just so many cannon.
>>
File: Prospero.jpg (629KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Prospero.jpg
629KB, 1680x1050px
Fellow VI Legion players/fans- does anyone have art of the Fenrisian leather fright masks? I want to experiment with a couple minature conversions after rereading Prospero Burns for the fiftieth time.
>>
File: Page86-7.jpg (5MB, 5224x3528px) Image search: [Google]
Page86-7.jpg
5MB, 5224x3528px
>>52700940
>>52701642
Anyone got pics of Malcs in legion colours?
Sounds pretty cool

Don't know there's any way to take an Infernus other than Allied or as a (waste of a) LOW slot, is there?
>>
Ok I've got 2 calth contemptors, one I've gone double kheres, is double power fist on the other viable (playing wolves so seems kind of fluffy)? Yes I've reposed them so they don't look shit.
>>
>>52702144
How would bringing an AP2 helstorm template be "a waste"?

>>52702215
Contemptor-cortus with fist + chainfist and two grav guns seems an incredibly popular loadout.
>>
>>52702144
Nope. People would really hate you for it anyway.
>>
>>52700891
Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>52700746
Redacted imperialis
>>
>>52701843
wow. that's an arresting paintjob. well done.
>>
File: 1490030275496.jpg (321KB, 1000x1336px) Image search: [Google]
1490030275496.jpg
321KB, 1000x1336px
>>52700244
Are you saying bigger isn't better? Mind blown!
>>
How do I White Scars?
>>
>>52702637
1. Fast
2. Laugh while you are killing
>>
>>52701843
Post methface mcphosphex please
>>
>>52702687
But what about in the game?
>>
>>52702710
1. Fast
2. Laugh while you are winning
>>
>>52698967
LOL his entire arm is less than a millimetre long
>>
>>52702637
Read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_History_of_the_Mongols, then Brotherhood of the Storm, Scars, Allegiance, Brotherhood of the Moon, The Path of Heaven

Buy bikes and jetbikes

Paint light gray instead of white. Weather heavily and desaturate the red (add gray) for a less cartoony look.

Zoom-zoom.
>>
File: Phosphexman.jpg (578KB, 950x1191px) Image search: [Google]
Phosphexman.jpg
578KB, 950x1191px
>>52702703
>>
>>52702267
I guess it's just a grass is greener/exclusivity factor - there's more unique things you can use your slot for - also for a LoW it's pretty cheap

Even if it was auxiliary I'd still paint in legion (XIV, ofc) colours
>>
>>52697790
DG defense force is go :^)
>>
>>52702267
WHere to get grav guns
>>
>>52688870
Thinking about it
If I drop the dreadspear I can give everyone aerie Shrikes and all the troops melta bombs, meaning I sacrifice the glorious D for more survivable units and better anti armour overall
Should it be done?
>>
>>52688422
I don't think you'll be able to make it resemble a dreadnought. However, I have thought about using them as Ogryn stand ins for my warp cult with dark mechanicum ties.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>52702417

No, fuck you, the warlord Arioch power fist is the only viable Solarite gauntlet proxy.
>>
>>52702710
Google "Ryan Kimmel biker manifesto". But keep in mind it was written before the 40k FAQ killed multi-bombing. Ryan thinks that made outriders less good than they used to be - only worth taking if your legion gets bonuses to them, which WS do.
>>
>>52703392
And he'd be right.
They used to be a fast source of multi bombs, but now they're relegated to tactical support squads on wheels. And that's expensive.
Only one in three can get a power weapon, so they're not a melee squad beyon Assault marines tier, really.
>>
>>52703443
Yeah, it's frustrating. I'll be running Chogorian Brotherhood with a couple of mid-sized squads... kind of have to for the theme, and they're a decent place to put characters. At least they score in that RoW. Compared to assault marines they're fewer in number but T5 and jinking with LA:WS bonuses, so I think it'll still work out. Hmm, now that I think about it, I'm better off running one big, fully-equipped squad with the praetor and leaving the other one small for objective grabbing.
>>
>>52702835
Honestly I wouldnt
The Sodality rule already helps a lot with templates and they only work for barrage weapons
The Dreadspear, other Aquillus, emergency melta bomb on your squad and Galatus are plenty of reliable anti-armor
>>
>Ahriman
>3 x exalted sorcerer
>3 x Rubrics
>1 x scarab occults
Alright starting point for 1ksons?
>>
>>52703798
Wrong thread m80boi.
>>
File: IMG_0625.jpg (63KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0625.jpg
63KB, 480x480px
>>52702417
Yeah. Imperial fist solarite looks good. Giving a custode a snlightly undersized gauntlet gives the proper impression IMO
>>
>>52688864
Scatter psykers or primarchs over the field. You wont be able to cast anything but denying on a 5+ is leagues better than nothing. Focus on denying the nova.
>>
>>52704043
>Scatter Primarchs over the field.
>>
>>52704095
You ARE allowed to take multiple Primarchs in an apocalypse game. :^)
>>
We've all gone too far along the scale towards 'fluffy' . STOP THIS SHIT NOW!
Trying to argue people can't play units because it's not fluffy has gone FUCKING MAD.... STOP THIS SHIT NOW!
Can't play Custodes because it's not fluffy? Because there's only 1k left and they're in the webway?
The majority of the Legions never fought against each other, and their Primarchs certainly didn't, but NO that's perfectly acceptable, even though it's not FUCKING REMOTELY 'FLUFFY'
>>
Kinda glad I don't give a crap about Solarite gauntlets because I'm giving my hetareons spears and leaving the fisting to aquillons.
>>
>>52704369
Cool it. The trolls are winning your mind. Nobody really cares IRL as long as we're all having fun with the game.
>>
>>52704109
Brrrrrrrrr
>>
How many assault cannons will Sanguinius have strapped to his wings? Will his legion boost double the fire of thoee assault cannons?
>>
>>52701662
What's Guillis sign?
>>
>>52704877
Virgo.
>>
>>52705043
source?
>>
>>52705089
This thread.
>>
Wait. Fafnir Rann (bloodthirsty bastard, wields twin axes and a shield) was an Imperial Fist? All this time I thought he was from a Space Wolf watchpack assigned to the Fists.
>>
File: IF_Termi.jpg (496KB, 750x1092px) Image search: [Google]
IF_Termi.jpg
496KB, 750x1092px
>>52706194

Yep, this termi has his personal heraldry on the centre of his chest. Rann would later found the Executioners, and that symbol was kept for the new chapter.
>>
>>52706194
>twin axes and a shield

What?
>>
>>52706194
>>52706240

Fists are more germanic than nordic, Fafner was a dragon-dude who hot bummed by Siegfried according to Wagner.
>>
>>52702144

Dude malcador infernus are one of the absolute strongest LoW choices you can take in a normal game of 30k, it's not a waste at all
>>
>>52706274
Combat shields don't take a hand, they're worn on the forearm (I think 99% of the bitz for them have the hand holding a pistol)
>>
>Want to start playing HH
>Nice basic Iron Warriors army
>Those prices

Why is this game so expensive? Just typical Forgeworld shit?
>>
>>52706194
>but muh stereotypes!
>>
>>52706689
Not all Imperial Fists are wallfags!
End discrimination now!
#NotAllFists
>>
>>52706661
Yeah, pretty much. It's less expensive these days thanks to Betrayal at Calth and Burning of Prospero... i.e. boxes by GW instead of FW. Something's wrong when GW is cheap.

You get decent money/points ratios on most infantry thanks to the GW plastics, even with FW weapon upgrades. Applies to power armored dudes (except Breachers and Assault Marines) and Terminators. Land Raiders (get the Mk IIb) and FW superheavies are also pretty well priced for the points. In the next tier you've got Spartans and most Dreadnoughts. After that it starts getting pricey.
>>
30k EC wannabe reporting mk 3 is soooo sexy
>>
>>52707014
Mk3, for the IIIrd?
>>
>>52702774
They amputated his elbow to save his arm. Don't make fun of the Emperor's finest like that.
>>
File: EC_Centurion_Mk_II.jpg (309KB, 450x761px) Image search: [Google]
EC_Centurion_Mk_II.jpg
309KB, 450x761px
>>52707336
yeah thier fw helms look cool aswell
>>
File: 1486927328223.jpg (101KB, 600x532px) Image search: [Google]
1486927328223.jpg
101KB, 600x532px
>>52701371
We already have the slow fucks in game
>>
File: angron.jpg (359KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
angron.jpg
359KB, 500x699px
>>52701033
Because Angron is a fucking idiot and can't even think straight witho- ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
>>
>>52707490
thats Mk.II
but most certainly looks excelent
>>
>>52697078
Under the enemies chin. Regardless if you hit the neck/chest gap or not the teeth will pull the sword into it if it hits anywhere in the face.
>>
>>52701033
Because Angron hated the Emperor and the War Hounds were just an extension of the Emperor therefore by crippling a legion he was lashing out at the Emperor. Same reason why he killed the legion's high command until Kharn convinced him to quit crying, man up and become one man genocide machine.
>>
Weird thing i just noticed reading the HH books and EVERY bit of fluff ever: The Sons of Horus have no psykers/Librarians? So the leaders of the faction championing the warp has zero connection to it whatsoever?
>>
>>52700746
Lies, misinformation, mystery and theories are all traits of the Alpha Legion in universe, it only makes sense that it carries over to their lore
>>
>>52698787
The bases on the bronze guys makes dick hard
Nice armies brah
>>
File: Thats Heresey Oni-chan.jpg (93KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Thats Heresey Oni-chan.jpg
93KB, 720x480px
>>52707577
I don't know how angron managed to be a part of the legions he is clearly insane why didn't the emperor just kill him?
>>
>>52708131
I would have been fine if they left the Alpha Legion as a complete mystery but they've revealed too much that doesn't make sense. I hope they clarify why Omegon was working against his twin and if he is a closet loyalist what went wrong.
>>
>>52708146
Because the Emperor clearly loved Tool #12... errr... I mean his son Angron.
>>
>>52708146
He murders more xenos alive.
>>
>>52707994
Re-read Vengeful Spirit. By that point in the war they have marines who've been taught by the Word Bearers how to perform human sacrifices and say lines from the Book of Lorgar to summon daemons into comatose Astartes bodies.
>>
File: tumblr_n9ji13c3qR1ruzc57o1_1280.png (815KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9ji13c3qR1ruzc57o1_1280.png
815KB, 800x1000px
what a perfect primarch for a perfect legion that is perfect
>>
>>52708244
That is Sorcery, it requires no psychic ability to perform. What i mean is that they never had any Librarians and no one ever mentions it. Like, Nikea doesn't mention his opinion at all and they are never mentioned in any fluff.

We have zero knowledge or mention of the SoH opinion on Librarians at all. Even the DG and WE had psykers, Angron even had Librarians. DG, EC and SoH are the only ones with no mention of them and even DG had known psykers as members.
>>
Anyone know how big Kataphrons are? Compared to marines and termies? I need ~4 heavy weapon servo-automatas, but I don't like how FW one look.
>>
Heh, just found an old (between books I and II) interview with Alan Bligh. He says they are (were) planning on releasing Mk III assault marines.

http://apocalypse40k.blogspot.com/2013/05/horus-heresy-alan-bligh-answers-your.html
>>
>>52708146
>why didn't the emperor just kill him?

Because despite being insane he was stupidly effective at the one thing the Emperor wanted of him, genocide on a planetary scale.

Its like the Emperor was told that Angron had an expiration date, had a need to kill and was really good at killing, those are all bonus to the Emperor's plans! He just has to point the fucker in the right direction and whole systems surrender to him AND he doesnt have to kill him when he'll die due to the nails! WIN-WIN!.
>>
>>52708432
Hmm, I see what you mean. I hadn't thought about the distinction between sorcery and psykery.

I guess the traitors wouldn't bring back the Librarius project because it deliberately limited the psykers' powers. But yeah, we don't see enough of that.
>>
>>52708526
The thing is it seems clear the SoH never had a Librarius to begin with and the few others that didn't (EC, DG) still had psykers who got inadvertently brought into the legion.

The SoH are a total void on the issue; no Librarius, no psykers and not even an opinion every mentioned. Seriously, the fucking WARMASTER didn't have an opinion about the Council of Nikea or the subject in general ?
>>
File: Photo Dec 22, 3 49 39 PM.jpg (75KB, 511x628px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Dec 22, 3 49 39 PM.jpg
75KB, 511x628px
What's the consensus on mixing armor patterns? If it's wrong, then I'm a degenerate because I want to add a little variety to my guys.

Does anyone have any good examples of armor-mixing? Like Mk3 and Mk4 stuff?
>>
>>52708613
i don't get it
>>
>>52708629
Well its from the future, of course you don't.
>>
>>52708637
r u alan blight
>>
>>52687886
at suckin DICK
>>
File: fulgrim_is_perfect_by_karooz.jpg (159KB, 800x1183px) Image search: [Google]
fulgrim_is_perfect_by_karooz.jpg
159KB, 800x1183px
im not gay but id sex fulgrim....im not gay though
>>
>>52708199
Its a shame the "inner-legion civil war" plotline will never be fleshed out. It was my favorite Alpha plot point and had a lot of potential for Your Dudes. I still think of my dudes being staunch loyalists who follow Omegon
>>
>>52708613
I think it's a great way to represent a veteran force that was deployed on a relatively long term low supply mission. Attrition of materiel means you use the parts you have, even if its older stuff.
>>
>>52692092
>feels cheap
>posts, admittedly well-painted, plastic 40k minis
>which he has no doubt made up an elaborate headcanon about why they should exist during the horus heresy or just after teehee

Yup. Cheap for sure.
>>
>>52696263
Horrible
>>
>>52696781
Baller as fuck G
I have two myself for my Fists.
>>
>>52708613
Kitbashing armor patterns is fine, MkIII torsos generally need to go on MKIII legs as they are too chunky for anything else.

Technically everything you have will then be in MkV.

Try to use the same Mk shoulder pads on each shoulder whatever you do.

Never. EVER. EVER. Use MkVII. Do NOT use your kitbashing as an excuse to just put some plastic MkIII helmets from ebay onto your tactical box bodies. it's a fucking insult to 30k.

Also plastic MkIV looks bad without kitbashing.
>>
Okay so butchers nails were voluntary right?

Why the fuck did they all go through with that before becoming a Khorne cult?
>>
>>52708927
I actually think plastic MK.IV looks better than its resin counterpart but that's just, like, my opinion man. Granted the leg poses aren't superb.
>>
>>52708983

Peer pressure is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>52706661
This subset of the hobby isn't for you.

Either start saving and decide fully what, exactly, your 3000 point list is going to be and from which legion you love

OR

Do what everyone else who complains about Forgeworld and 30k despite desperately wanting to play it does: Run two betrayal at Calth boxes and one Burning of Prospero box with Chaos marine stuff / Chapter specific stuff for traitors / loyalists respectively and have a really, really, really fun time lurking here and shitting on resin and playing against armies which look stunning every now and again.

I know i'm being harsh and lame. But reality check. If you wanted an army from GW, all you have to do is mark that up by like 30%, and you can have it from forgeworld. So if you were going to save for a year to buy an army, save for a year and a couple of months. It's that easy.
>>
>>52708983
>Okay so butchers nails were voluntary right?
No.
>>
>>52708459
Compared to the ones that the Macrotek cones with? Way way WAY too big, they're more like manned Rapier batteries than Servitors. Personally I use Genestealer Neophytes with Kataphron and/or Skitarii heads, mechanical bitz and whatever heavy weapon is relevant, those mining suits are sexy.
>>
>>52709017
I hear that all the time and I can't help but feel people are kinda self-deluding themselves.

The whole point of MkIV is sleek, contained, sophisticated, standardized, powered plate. It's supposed to be skinny and defined compared to it's predecessors.

Plastic MkIV just looks like GW tactical marines when all in the same armor and same pose (As they are pretty much mono-posed). I don't see the point in getting them. The helmets are fine, and so are the torsos. But arms and legs and shoulders are so chubby and poorly defined, and posed exactly like tactical marines. Even the bits which are okay still aren't as crisp and varied as FW.
>>
File: IMG_0686.jpg (131KB, 720x1278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0686.jpg
131KB, 720x1278px
>>52708784
You haven't even seen my ULTIMATE FORM.
>>
>>52708740
Admitting is half the battle.

>>52708762
Definately one of the main reasons I disliked BL's decision to just axe half the set up for that. But well, they did it before, no doubt it's gonna happen again.

>>52708927
But loyalist marines already started using MK VII during the Siege of Terra ! It is entirely fluffy to use that armour mark as long as you play IF, BA, or WS. Maybe not an entire army of only MK VII but you could definately mix some in there.
>>
File: Blogger-image-102984383.jpg (62KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
Blogger-image-102984383.jpg
62KB, 640x481px
Um
What the hell is this thing?
Cant find anything about it in inferno, dafuq did I miss?
>>
>>52708983
Have you read the books?
>>
>>52709087
Ur-Golem Dreadnought

It's custode shit.
>>
File: 1460091707682.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1460091707682.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>52709099
Custodes a shit.... fuck those golden cunts
>>
anyone have emperor's children/fulgrim art they could dump?
>>
>>52709087
That model is probably just a mock up, the final model is going to be at least twice as large knowing FW and their huge boner for walkers.
>>
>>52709073
It's legitimately not a price point issue for me. I'll happily concede that the resin MK.III is much better than plastic. I think the resin Maximus looks too "soft for lack of a better word. The helmets seem weirdly narrow and the legs are too thin. It's just personal preference. I think if the plastics had Deathwatch leg positioning without the squat they'd be almost perfect.
>>
>>52709084
>>52696263
what on earth are the legs from?
>>
>>52709084
>boots over powered armor
Please don't do this. Yes I'm aware the custards have gloves.
>>
>>52709121
Speaking of which, why did custodes get so popular? There really isn't much about them to like.
>>
>>52709168
>>52709178
I'm surprised there was no criticism on the pointy parts of the pauldrons, it needs something rounder.
>>
>>52709086
Why play 30k then?

Why even start a 30k army?

Why not just buy the rulebooks and play your army normally as a 40k army 99% of the time and when you do play from the rulebooks, you can only play a siege of terra scenario / opposing army which your respective chapter fought. So if fluff comes out saying how the white scars were nowhere near Iron warriors, that can't be played. If the Emperors Children did their thing and ransacked the planet and didn't siege the walls, those two can't play.

It just defeats the purpose. Why buy a love chair when you want a sofa? Why buy a laptop when you want a pc? Why buy cigarettes when you want a cigar? Why buy, as a collector, the wrong, but very similar, historical gun when you want one used in x war?

I don't want to start a armor argument, but seeing extensive MkVIII in a 30k army feels a bit insulting to me. It's like going to university because of how hard you studied and the person next to you in the lecture is dumb, loud, annoying, doesn't really know anything, but is there because of a policy which he exploited.
>>
>>52709086
>But loyalist marines already started using MK VII during the Siege of Terra ! It is entirely fluffy to use that armour mark as long as you play IF, BA, or WS. Maybe not an entire army of only MK VII but you could definately mix some in there.
That's from fluff so old that I wouldn't be surprised if it got retconned. Other sources seem to say it didn't exist until the Scouring anyway.
>>
>>52709182
same as grey knights, bullshit rules + paint gold and wash + tiny model count. Any power gaming wannabe can now have an instant army of golden fucks.
>>
>>52709182
Probably same reason as why everybody suddenly played GK in 5th edition : powercreep they just can't resist.
>>
>>52709168
They're old Chaos warrior legs from 8th edition. Along with the axe.

Absolutely horrible.
>>
>>52709208
you sound bitter...
>>
>>52709208
>>52709218

I'm generally fine with playing against custodes, there's even an in-built fag test for the army that lets you determine if you actually want to play them or not.
>>
>>52709208
it's even cheaper if you just use Stormcasts as proxies :^)
>>
>>52709238
I bet you're not even memeing.
>>
>>52709235
custodes look pretty badass desu id like them to be more of a bronze or darker gold but they cool im a fan of over the top aesthetic armor
>>
File: heresy.jpg (13KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
heresy.jpg
13KB, 280x280px
>>52709238
stop anon you are tearing us apart!
>>
>>52709235
Well the custodes player I know already allies SA to his golden fucks so they can have a Malcador Infernus. Kinda gives a certain impression as to which type of players they attract.
>>
>>52709234
to a point yes, seeing the kind of shit that eventually ruined 40k creeping in to 30k rustles my jimmines
>>
>>52709168
They are Age of Sigmar Khorne Warrior legs.
>>
>>52709280
Shield plus cyber-familiar tribune?
>>
>>52709232
Anon, those aren't Chaos Warriors legs...

Come now, you can't be insulting if you are wrong.
>>
>>52709296
Yup. Because without it he "died too fast"
>>
>>52709311
There you go, he failed the fag test.
>>
>>52709328
>nobody should have guys who can kill my space dad
>>
One vet squad done!

Though I should probably model more with swords to proc the Legion specific rule, right? Or is it just characters?
>>
>>52709280
What's wrong with the Infernus?
>>
>>52709373
all models, get those swords
>>
>>52709370
>for 270 points
>almost unkillable
>3+ rerollable invul
>can take 3 of them, one of them with eternal warrior and picking his warlord trait

Looks like you failed it also bucko.
>>
>>52709385
AP2 ignores cover wounds on 2+ hellstorm template for 300 points, can get PE:infantry or other special rules and dodge a HQ tax at the same time
>>
>>52709087
Custodes equivalent of a Leviathan. Rules not in Inferno.

>>52709218
Also low cost and low model count. But I do know a few people who loved them even back when there were only slight hints as to what they were.
>>
>>52709373
>mark vii on Dark Angels
Oh shit nigger what are you doing?
>>
>>52709385
Barebones it already removes 2-3 units of marines each turn with only invulnerable saves possible, but with chem-munitions is also gains AP 2. It's kind of like a phospex mortar on steroids. Basically if you face one all your infantery has to stay inside transport vehicles untill it's gone, otherwise they're dead.
>>
>>52709373
literally no 30k parts.
Get out
>>
>>52709402

>In a pathetic model count army with tactical gaps you could drive a truck through

Oh no the emperor's private guard can take a discount almost-Primarch in their 35 models at 3000 points army.
>>
File: 1491783404234.jpg (1MB, 1024x4493px) Image search: [Google]
1491783404234.jpg
1MB, 1024x4493px
can anyone explain this meme?
>>
What are your hopes/predictions for White Scars, Dark Angels, and Blood Angels unique units and characters? White Scars are definitely getting an assault focused bike unit. The second could either be Keshig (all glaive Tartaros, with furious charge or something choppy) or some special psyker, seeing as how Jaghatai was one of the founders of the Librarius program. If they do for all glaive Keshig, they're going to need some effort to make them visually and crunchwise distinct from Phoenix Guard.
>>
File: 1476300127477.jpg (21KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476300127477.jpg
21KB, 640x960px
>>52709469
>>
>>52709481
ADB gives all his mantises waifus.
>>
>>52709484
My blood angel hopes are thus: Raldoran, Amit, Azkaellon and obviously Sanguinius.

Unique units will probably be Sanguinary Guard, Lamentii Guard, whatever tac unit they were talking about at the open day that had inferno pistols, and probably some terminator unit.

All of them with Blades of Perdition.
>>
>>52709457
But everyone on here says it is fine and was around during the heresy?? I don't have to make my army how you like it.

I don't really like how Mark 2 looks anyway, and Mark 3 is too much hastle.

>>52709468
But they're dark angels? They look like that?
What is a 30k part supposed to be?

Fucking elitists.
>>
>>52709510
*marines
That was a strange autocorrect
>>
>>52709541
That was the CORRECT auto correct friendon.
>>
>>52709481
Lotara and Kharn get along well. Probably because Angron is infectious and Lotara has caught the madness just like the World Eaters.

Harpoon the enemy, I want to hit them my ship!
>>
File: Primarch_Fulgrim.jpg (111KB, 575x570px) Image search: [Google]
Primarch_Fulgrim.jpg
111KB, 575x570px
>>52709541
thats nice of him angron not such a bad guy and she seems nice to bad the EC dont get waifus
>>
File: 1490770320034.jpg (172KB, 891x594px) Image search: [Google]
1490770320034.jpg
172KB, 891x594px
>>52709568
cool I like her angreyness
>>
>>52709532
>What is a 30k part supposed to be?
Armour marks they would have access to in the fluff. Dark Angels didn't get mkVIII until the Scouring at the earliest.
>>
>>52709568
Lotara and ANGRON get along well, too.

>I confined one of your senior officers to his quarters since he left my ship without permission during a battle.
>THIS AMUSES ME.
>I also shot him in the face.
>HA!
>>
>>52709481
I actually can explain this meme, but I don't know if you will believe me.

So I am part of a Warhammer community in west London, and a core group of which is heavily into 30k. (Everyone has lovely Armies). A lot of us are really into the fluff too, most of us having large book collections.

In, I think Betrayer, ADB has a character which is the mortal captain of the Conqueror (Flagship of the World Eaters).

I had a conversation in our flgs in which I said how funny I thought it was that the most bloodthirsty and brutal legion had a small loli as captain of their ship capable of firing hundred meter long harpoons, having gained the position through family heretage of the position by way of being the first in line of a prominent family from the shipyards at Saturn which built most of the Gloriana class ships.
>Loli? One of my friends asks
>She was 13 when she is Shipmaster right?
>uhm, no I thought she was older.

We investigate, and I had misread her age as 13 when it's 31.

A drawfag friend in our group liked the idea, which was a mistake, so much, when he next came in, he came up to me with his phone and showed me what he had drawn, the picture you posted.

True story.
>>
>>52709481
What:
>>52709568
said, expect for one thing. The character in question, Lotara, became the captain of the WE's flagship at the age of 30. The artist of this comic, when told this by a friend, thought he said she became captain at the age of 13.
He made this comic partially in part to mock his own mistake.
>>
>>52709573
Oh but the EC did get one, in the Fulgrim novel. Are very fitting one at that.

I'm still trying to forget the details. That was some nightmarefuel alright.
>>
>>52709653
>>52709644
Who are you famalam?

(Not quite how the story went, twas me who thought her a loli!)
>>
File: bf929e1757c2.jpg (97KB, 539x593px) Image search: [Google]
bf929e1757c2.jpg
97KB, 539x593px
>>52709671
praise be to the waifu god of chaos
>>
>>52709693
http://vangarshriek.deviantart.com/art/Betrayer-Queen-of-Hearts-554149060
"A guy at my local Games Workshop misread Betrayer and thought that Lotara Sarrin took command of the Conqueror at the age of 13 rather than 30, but the image of this small child blowing up ships and chatting shit to Angron was too good to resist."
>>
>>52709710
he seems like a cool guy
>>
>>52709710
Exactly. I am the guy who made the mistake.
>>
>>52709492

Bait, really?

Someone dares bring up that having a stupidly crazy strong melee character in an almost purely melee army with piddly model count isn't that big a deal, and it must be a troll?

The tribune is both undercosted, and taking a invul reroll item makes him pretty broken, sure, but he plays up to what the army is already best at and needs no further help with, and the only real problem he solves in the process is access to infiltrate.
>>
>>52709773
To be fair, infiltrate is not to be underestimated.
>>
>>52709773
Just like Blackshields Option 1 are not to be underestimated.
>>
>>52709747
Well, your mistake made a pretty neat piece of artwork.

Though my Lore Autism does scream at me that Lotarra was Blonde and thus that pic is wrong.
>>
And the general died. Fuck guys.
>>
>>52710184
She was blonde? Significantly less satisfying.
>>
>>52710206
Yes. Don't have the book on me but it was specifically mentioned she had messy blonde hair tied up in a loose ponytail.
>>
File: Ic7LTFY.jpg (68KB, 625x749px) Image search: [Google]
Ic7LTFY.jpg
68KB, 625x749px
>>52710214
mother fuck me.
>>
File: IMG_0687.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0687.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Surprise mother fuckers. Magnetized that shit
>>
File: Surprise_b71236_5965826.jpg (41KB, 480x529px) Image search: [Google]
Surprise_b71236_5965826.jpg
41KB, 480x529px
>>
>>
>>52709944
How so? The morale help isn't really that good, and 6+ FNP saves are practically worthless.
>>
File: 50821866.jpg (52KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
50821866.jpg
52KB, 500x397px
>>52710371
I meant Chymeraie option 1.

This Thunder Warrior here for example.
>>
>>52710388
Yeah, those guys are nasty.
>>
>>52710388
This reminds me, does anyone know of a good guide for converting mkI armour?
I've always wanted to make scout/recon squad out of 'em.
>>
>>52710401
What appeals to me most about them, is the idea of an infantry heavy army that has the edge in attrition based on having better stats.

Pound for pound Blackshield Marauders with bolters and chainaxes exchange blow for blow at range before mincing you in melee.
>>
>>52709532
Consider suicide you autistic sperg, if you don't care about the historical aspect of HH then fuck off.
>>
File: Thunder Warriors Frame.jpg (80KB, 341x392px) Image search: [Google]
Thunder Warriors Frame.jpg
80KB, 341x392px
>>52710420
For the legs, strip down all the plating on the back of them, apply chainmail green stuff and buckles. The end.
>>
File: 46700891.jpg (52KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
46700891.jpg
52KB, 500x454px
>>52710420
>>
>>52710467
Awesome, thank you!
>>
>>52710485
And thank you as well.
>>
>>52710510
>>52710521
Same Thunder Warrior fag.

Its a process, this is my first army and fuck me if it hasn't been a learning process.
>>
>>52710449
>gets angry because the helmets on a guy's tiny toy army men are slightly wrong
>calls someone else an autistic sperg
wew lad
>>
Interesting news, the Doom of the Death Guard books for the Horus Heresy are being written by Guy Haley, not Chris Wraight. Haley mentioned it in a Podcast he was in.

So what are we going to get then? Wraight has done a great job with the Death Guard, but I have no clue what Haley's writing is like, nor how he sees the Death Gaurd and Mortarion.
>>
>>52709087
Is that a multi las cannon?
>>
>>52710284
skippinglegday.remembrancer
>>
>>52709280
If he has the points to ally an infernus he could do MUCH better. He should ally Admech. Think Thallax to jump in front of the Golden boys to suck up fire with a gunline of 40-60 Peltrasts ensuring horde obliteration or alternately 60 adsec for a cheap horde of your own. .

Instead of the Infernus, think of the one thing your Custodes list is missing. If you thought "hey they need something with T8, 4 wounds and a plasma mortar" you thought right!
>>
File: Death Guard.png (74KB, 676x1598px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard.png
74KB, 676x1598px
Made some changes to my Death Guard list.

How'd I do?
>>
>>52710184
>>52710206
>>52710214
>>52710254
>blond
>13
>Angry
Replace her in the comic with hilloli cliton, will be 100% better and more believable.
Replace her with
>>
>>52709532
>I don't really like how Mark 2 looks anyway,
>Uses Mark 2 arms
>>
>>52709373
Nice 40k squad.
>>
>>52709644
>>52709710
Honestly, I get the feeling that Angron would be perfectly fine with a bloodthirsty shoulder loli.
>>
File: Dark Millenium DA Master1.png (308KB, 442x432px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Millenium DA Master1.png
308KB, 442x432px
>>52710730
He wrote Baneblade and Shadowsword, which I thought were quite good. He wrote Pharos too, which had pretty lousy Night Lords. I like his writing style, at least.

>>52709373
Here's the problem: Mk VII armor developed for production on Terra while Mars was in traitor hands, so the first legions to get it were the Imperial Fists, Blood Angels, and White Scars. The Dark Angels would only have received any after arriving late to the Siege of Terra - after Horus's death.

So you could justify the presence of Mk VII armor among the Dark Angels aligned with the Lion at the Battle of Caliban, but you miss out on everything prior. And as far as I can tell, the Calibanites were more likely to be festooned with robes.

But the robes do take away a portion of my objections; if you want robes you pretty much have to use 40k heads. Just convince us that robes make sense for Heresy-era Dark Angels.
>>
>>52712052
>Just convince us that robes make sense for Heresy-era Dark Angels.
It's in the BL books, regular marines wore white robes occasionally, while Librarians had blue robes on. IIRC it was the only thing that marked Librarians out from the other marines.
>>
>>52709430
>But I do know a few people who loved them even back when there were only slight hints as to what they were.
Waffle Custode (me) is one of them. Honestly I thought I'd have to wait until they put out the Siege of Terra book to get Custodes models, let alone that they'd be plastic when we did get them.
>>
>>52711513
post the image
>>
>>52709484
>White Scars Special Characters...
Hmm, they might save the Khan for the Siege of Terra, but probably not. Which means my money would be on Targutai Yesugei being the 2nd one. Partly because I think he'd be the first loyalist special character who's a psyker, making him too good a choice not to go with.

For units. I agree. Bike unit, probably the Keshig, and maybe some special rules for the Stormseers.
>>
>>52712304
>I think he'd be the first loyalist special character who's a psyker,
Theres that smurf knight-errant
>>
New phonecrafted bread
>>52712937
Thread posts: 418
Thread images: 83

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.