[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 382
Thread images: 33

File: Landscape.jpg (329KB, 1448x829px) Image search: [Google]
Landscape.jpg
329KB, 1448x829px
5th Edition D&D General Discussion

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Downtime:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA_Downtime.pdf

>Official survey on Unearthed Arcana: Starter Spells:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/db43d70dde08

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/
>>52679790

What do you guys think of the new downtime rules? More importantly, will you use them?
>>
Kobold Dragon-Hunting Party
>>
>>52686174
Casting spells isnt a good use of your bonus action?
>>
4E was alright. The DMG has some timeless advice.
>>
>>52686189
Bugbear circus troupe.
>>
>>52686225
The most I use 4e for is more monster selection and variation.
>>
>>52686218
Main argument I can see against that is it takes away slots for smite
>>
>>52686218
What spells?
>>
How many eldritch blasts does it take to down a level 20 fighter?
>>
Looking for feedback

Claw, magical damage. Can be used as a ring of jumping. Can pounce on targets that you are hidden from or haven't acted yet in combat dealing 2d6 with an athletics contest to knock prone. Designed for a twf barbarian

Cloak that allows you to cast mansion/rope trick/something once a day to bring your party to a static travelers tent with minimal accommodations. Has no way to see outside, the portal is invisible but anyone can enter.
>>
>>52686319
About 20 hits. Now the number of firings need to hit 20 of them depends on his CA. Which kind of fighter it is?

>>52686354
What do you want?
Is the pounce an action or bonus action?
>>
Threadly reminder that a single orc fighting an endless stream of commoners will kill an average of 11 commoners before expiring.

If the orc is completely surrounded by eight commoners (something that's slightly unlikely), on average the orc will still take out two commoners before expiring.

So /5eg/, why haven't orcs conquered one or two settlements in your setting?
>>
>>52686406
They have

>>52686225
based
>>
>>52686242
I stole the elite template

Double xp, double hp, +1 to atk/dmg/savedcs/ac/saves. Works well enough as a guideline so you dont overwhelm the party with mooks and need something on the spot.
>>
>>52686088
Shillellagh:
>For the duration, you can use your spellcasting ability instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of melee attacks using that weapon
Hexblade:
>when attacking with a melee weapon that you are proficient with and that lacks the twohanded property, you can use your Charisma modifier, instead of Strength or Dexterity, for the attack and damage rolls.
What makes you think they stack? "instead" is the word that shoots down your assumption.
>>
>>52686110
>What do you guys think of the new downtime rules? More importantly, will you use them?

Well at least it gives a framework for crafting to some degree.
Only Smithing kinda got fucked.
>>
>>52686434
I stole the fellspawn (iirc) and had them working with some Illithids, the party is gonna run into more later. Also have the devil legion guys, pretty much used the blocks for things like guards and veterans but gave them a slight bump since I don't expect the party to run into them any time soon.
>>
>>52686406
Orcs actually took a town in my game. It worked out well.

>>52686493
How did smithing get fucked?
>>
>>52686406
Rangers are a loose organization that moves on the outskirts to harass and try to keep that from happening.
>>
>>52686516
It takes exponentially longer than any of the other crafts.
>>
>>52686516
You smithed 25GP per day, now it's 50GP per week.
>>
>>52686406
How do we stop this endless Commoner stream? Choke points and Cloud of Dagger spam?
>>
If a demon is killed in Carceri, can its soul return to the Abyss to reform its body? What would you rule /tg/?
>>
File: Lifferlas.png (340KB, 750x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Lifferlas.png
340KB, 750x1050px
We'll be trying out the downtime rules in our west marches style game. Not sure how the foils will work in town but we'll see I guess.
My group has been talking about the possibility of having followers to bring into combat like the 3.5 leadership feat, and was wondering what /tg/ thought of followers for 5e?
>>
>>52686574
I thought all crafting was 5 gp per day. Magic items were 25.
>>
>>52686574
I'm cool with this. A greatsword SHOULD take a workweek
>>
>>52686225
I unironically liked 4e, and wish we could embrace some of its design aspects in a 5.4 edition that merges the best of 4e and 5e.
>>
File: Farastu_(Tarry)_Demodand.jpg (20KB, 251x356px) Image search: [Google]
Farastu_(Tarry)_Demodand.jpg
20KB, 251x356px
>>52686623
Probably not.

This could be the origin of Gehreleths/Demodands. Fiends killed on Carceri, whose essences are trapped, reformed as hideous monsters (even by Fiendish standards.)
>>
>>52686639
It's gonna drag out combat, because to now handle the sudden influx of party actions you'll have to put more monsters into every fight other wise they will just get swarmed and wiped.

They didn't put the whole followers thing in for a reason the game is based around being streamlined as much as possible and the action economy in combat.
>>
>>52686493
>Martial crafting got fucked
>AGAIN
reminder, anima has best crafting, all classes should be able to craft all if they invest in the skill and have enough monster gubbins.
>>
>>52686715
Should clarify by they I mean monsters
>>
>>52686639
Too much time bloat for combat. Summons, familiars, pets, and skellies are bad enough as is.
>>
I'm playing a LE Warlock of the Fiend in 2e Forgotten Realms
It's around the Cormyr-Phlan area, and the party is composed of relatively fresh Zhentarim members.
Now the story is the return of Nalavarauthatoryl, the Red Dragon, and her will to inflict vengeance upon Cormyr with her army full of Orcs and Goblins and the seven Ghazneths. Thing is, the ritual to summon the Ghazneths involved children sacrifices, which so happened to include my char's 2 little brothers, which were very loved by him.
I was thinking of convincing the party to just sort of "let them fight" and move in with the Zhentarim to sweep the exhausted winner, but I think I can do better.
You guys have any suggestions for course of actions or tips about the setting? What would Asmodeus want me to do?

tl;dr: zhent LE fiendlock wondering what's the long game to play when a Red Dragon leads an army to raze a goody kingdom.
>>
>>52686701
It has a lot of good ideas, at the very least. Matt Colville did a video on it a few months ago, specifically about taking stuff from 4e for 5e.
>>
>>52686693
Then why not just go buy one? The downtime crafting rules are basically usless.
>>
>>52686805
>being LE
>using factions
>being members of le edgy faction
>orcs and goblins working together
>siblings sacrificed
>asking what his evil god would want him to do

This is the best bait. Congrats anon.
>>
>>52686805
>Cormyr
i've already lost interest
>>
>>52686639
Tell them all followers get a full share of XP, see what they say then.
>>
>>52687045
>being LE
What?

>using factions
DM's call

>being members of le edgy faction
DM's call, although 2e Zhentarim is mostly a well-organized mercenary faction from what I could grasp so far

>orcs and goblins working together
Your problem is with the FR writers then, not with me or the DM. This shit is 200% canon

>siblings sacrificed
Welp, he wanted us to get emotionally invested in the story. It wasn't cheap at all, since the catch is that our initial job was to transport a cargo, which, unbeknownst to us, contained the kids. So we led them to their deaths etc.

>asking what his evil god would want him to do
I honestly fail to see the problem.

Now, are YOU baiting me?

>>52687118
What's wrong with Cormyr? I'm not all that familiar with it.
>>
File: 1475895231864.gif (861KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1475895231864.gif
861KB, 300x169px
>>52686805
>>
File: come on.png (198KB, 389x365px) Image search: [Google]
come on.png
198KB, 389x365px
>>52687018
>his character doesn't forge his own weapons out of a sense of self-reliance
>he treats his equipment as merely tools, rather than part of himself

Remember, the R in RPG stands for roleplaying.
>>
>>52687179
No, the R stands for Role.
>>
>>52687162
Cormyr is the whitest of all white bread. In a setting that people already erroneously claim is boring and standard, Cormyr is the most boring and standard. In fact, Cormyr is the entire reason Forgotten Realms gets such a bad rap; it's a world full of all sorts of cultures largely informed by the real world with a variety of twists on them, but everyone winds up playing each of them, be it Amn, Tethyr, Thay, Chessenta, Damara, or Turmish like it's stock-ass medieval England.
>>
>>52687191
sh-shut up
>>
>>52687191
>not Roll
>>
>>52687191
>>52687179
I thought the R standed for rolling (for stats)
>>
>>52687206
Oh, I see. Guess I can only hope the DM spices it up then.

>>52687178
Thanks for the input
>>
>>52687237
It originated from the older editions, where you played a role (fighting man, magic-user, thief) and you stuck to that role. Younger gamers might think it's roll because of so much muddling of archetypes (hell, bards were often banned because they were fighters who could steal shit and cast magic). That's not to say that mixing archetypes is a bad thing though.

t. grognard
>>
File: 1452644200770.gif (332KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1452644200770.gif
332KB, 512x512px
whats a good magic item to toss to a life cleric? i am running SKT and handing out the groups first magic items, around level 5/6 (from the quest npcs).

currently going to give the barb some sort of minor magic weapon, mac-fiurmidh's cittern to the bard, robe of useful items with some good spell scrolls to the warlock, though im not sure what to give the cleric.

suggestions? i was thinking maybe a rechargeable keoghtom's ointment, but i feel like that doesnt really do anything special for him.
>>
File: bornzedargon.png (34KB, 574x714px) Image search: [Google]
bornzedargon.png
34KB, 574x714px
is this the dumbest looking 1E dragon
>>
>>52686517
>Putting themself in range to be killed
>When they can shove you to the ground and then kick you 5ft away in the dirt so that you can't attack them as they walk away

Or, heck, if you're prepared to lose one peasant a round, they could either all run away because you only have one reaction after shoving you prone instead of prone AND 5ft.

>>52686582
No shield proficiency, just medium.

>>52686453
Wait until the druid takes a level of monk / barbarian. Extra AC.
>>
>>52687206
Wasn't Cormyr some sort of 1984-ish kingdom at some point? With the Purple Dragon Knights serving as a sort of holy inquisition / secret police?
>>
File: smug whatever the fuck.png (112KB, 232x262px) Image search: [Google]
smug whatever the fuck.png
112KB, 232x262px
>>52686574
Mundane crafting was 5 gp per day, the 25 gp per day was for magic item crafting in the DMG. A workweek is 5 days, so now you craft 10 gp per day. Mundane crafting is twice as fast using the downtime UA than the PHB.
>>
>>52687273
Get the life cleric to write a list to santa and pray he gets it in his stocking. He can decide for himself.

I mean, you're literally playing santa.
>>
>>52687273
a blood red candle. When lit, it casts a faint glow, that looked at out of the corner of your eye appears red. The glow extends 60 feet. When the candle burns, the red wax dripping down its side resembles blood exactly, and a coppery smell fills the air.

When the cleric would roll to heal a creature, he or she can choose to roll an additional die of the type called for by the healing rule or spell used. If the cleric does so, one creature within the light of the candle loses hitpoints equal to the result of the extra die, and another creature within the light of the candle gains that many hitpoints.
>>
>>52687273
A Ring of Healing Spells Storing
for when you really need to heal a nigga but don't want the warlock to be envy of your item
>>
File: 1462171994895.jpg (18KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
1462171994895.jpg
18KB, 270x320px
What draws the line between "well built character" And munchkin?

People earlier in the thread were talking about polearm master quarterstaff paladin

How do you not come off as "that guy" doing 1d6+2d8+3+2 / 1d4+2d8+3+2 in one turn at level 2?
>>
>>52687191
>He doesn't play roleplaying roleplaying games
>>
>>52687373
Well, you're playing a martial, so nobody can seriously accuse you of munchkin-ing with that.
>>
>>52687375
You mean roleplaying playing games?
>>
>when the Shadow Monk gets an immovable rod
>>
>>52687399
No, that would be an RPG. He plays an RRG.
>>
>>52687393
I play exclusively martials and get constantly shit on by one dude for being a munchkin in 3.5, im about to start my first 5E with the same guy so im trying to avoid it
>>
>>52687417
If he manages to stop needing to breathe, can he teleport to the moon?
>>
>>52687453
He's retarded. Optimize to your hearts content, because it won't ever be truly optimal until you switch to a bard or wizard.
>>
>>52687479
a) the vacuum would kill him irrespective of breathing as all the gasses in his body boil out and his blood stops pumping
b) it would take many, many years as the moment he leaves the atmosphere and stays in place on the rod, the planet and moon should shoot away from him as he's stuck in place but they continue to revolve around the sun; this would also place him in direct sunlight (where he'd melt assuming he was 1 AU) and unable to teleport further, meaning he'd only manage a few teleports every year when the planet swings back around and shades him
>>
>>52687538
>implying the sun isn't just a hole to the plane of fire
top kek
>>
File: 1482179994429.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
1482179994429.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>52687453
So what does he play as?

>>52687265
Oh you were serious, I thought we were starting the shitposting early, gif related
>>
>>52687538
>activating an immovable rod doesn't root you to a spot while the planet keeps rotating, whipping you a mile and a half before you can disengage it
>nor does it suddenly yank you 111 miles into space or through solid ground before you can do the same due to the planet flying around the sun
>>
>>52687598
That's actually true in Forgotten Realms but it doesn't change anything.
>>
>>52687624
>planet

Look at this globist..
>>
>>52687373
Any build that involves polearm master or crossbow expert is pushing it in my book. Those feats are awful.
>>
>>52687624
I've always wanted to do this to players. With subtle warnings beforehand of course. But I know they'd end up weaponising it.
>>
>>52687288
>9% chance to shove a proficient fighter
>Lose 1 peasant a round on reaction
>Intentionally moving peasants into melee range
>Deal 0 damage
I don't understand what you think you can accomplish with this.
>>
>>52687644
It was just the easy way to debase the argument. Check >>52687624
The Rod's reference point is clearly the earth
>>
>>52687615
Casters/ranger. He tries really hard to avoid the big dumb melee guys in anything he does.
>>
>>52687453
>playing exclusively martials in 3.5
>get accused of being a munchkin

What kind of fucking retard is accusing you? 3.5 is infamous for shafting martials at every turn. The only martial that can even be remotely munchkin-y is Barbarian because of some busted splats they got, but even then it's not as good as most casters.
>>
>>52687538
Disregard, >>52687479, he's retarded

1. In a universe where an immovable rod exists and remains stationary in the earth reference frame, two things are possible: Either the earth is stationary, or the immovability of the rod is dependent on the reference frame it is in. That is to say, the immovable rod actually does move in every reference frame but the earth's (and reference frames closely aligned with the earth's). In the second case, it isn't clear if the immovable rod would change reference frames to the moon, or when it would do so).

The big problem to consider is that the moon would cast light in most situations, preventing teleportation the majority of the time. You would only be able to teleport at night, during a new moon, a very small percentage of the time. I don't think monks even live long enough normally to make that journey.

Vaccum survival is less of an issue. Obviously you could make a suit, but the problem there is finding a way to get oxygen to the suit. Or just take appropriate levels in spellcasting to get water breathing, control water, and a decanter of endless water (to replenish your deoxygenated water with oxygenated water). As long as the human body doesn't have any air in its lungs, it can survive exposure to a vaccum for a few minutes. If the human did inhale (to hold its breath) before being exposed, it would experience a mild chest explosion.

Of course, if you have levels in those spells, you can just cast flying and teleportation spells, using the immovable rod to save your progress as you take a long rest, so I guess this is just a long post to say Monks drool, wizards rule.
>>
>>52687708
all that was is basically "I'm a charge GOD" that's it. It is like tier 3.
>>
>>52687684
It would instantly break its own 8,000 pounds of force limit due to air pressure.

But let's assume people keep making rods that don't have this limit. The first time this happens, it flies away or straight through the planet and hangs in space forever until next year, where it definitely carves a path right across the globe, spewing debris and the contents of the planet's core everywhere. Every year there is a meteoric impact somewhere on the planet followed by a massive explosion several seconds later on the other side. Per rod.
>>
>>52687130
That's actually RAW from the DMG. Why should players get more XP for making the fight easier?
>>
>>52687733
Shadow Monks only need dim light which is all even the brightest full moon can provide, up until you're much closer to it. You have all-night teleportation until you're no longer hidden from the sun by the planet, regardless of what the moon is up to.
>>
>>52687752
The Earth does not cross the same point in space each year. The Sun is not stationary.
>>
>>52687766
Well if they show up to a green dragon fight with antitoxins are you going to reduce xp then?

I agree followers should soak xp, but playing devils advocate to what you implied.
>>
Apparently I've been living under a rock because I just learned what a "West Marches' style game is. DMs that have run such a game, care to give me a pro/con?
>>
>>52687818
Yes.
>>
>>52687624
Don't forget about the sun's movement, or the movement of the galaxy.

The sun is moving 20 kilometers per second, the earth 30.

But the galaxy is moving at about 360 miles per second relative to the CBR.
>>
>>52687818
Antitoxins aren't able to deal damage, and they're not able to heal.
>>
>>52687842
Thats retarded then

Punishing players for being smart and preparing for something they know about ahead of time is a dick move and you are rewarding them never gathering info on an encounter.
>>
>>52687809
>>52687860
We're talking about D&D and crystal sphere cosmology. Planets still rotate around their stars but the stars themselves are fixed.
>>
>>52687895
No. The "Star" is just an extremely upcast Flaming Sphere cast by some god because the earth goddess was feeling too cold
>>
>>52687818
Implied? I said that it's RAW for followers to gain XP. It's an issue of balancing encounters, and making sure PC's don't become overpowered by cakewalking through encounters because they brought a garrison of followers with them.
>>
>>52687921
Selune didn't cast shit, she reached out and snagged some fire from somewhere and burned herself in the process. The obvious implication is that she punched a hole through reality into the Plane of Fire and was then like "oh shit the plane of fire is actually really hot"
>>
>>52687924

He's specifically replying to you saying making the fight easier should get you less XP.
>>
>>52687695
>Played a caster in 3.5
>Accused anyone else of munchkining

Tell him to go fuck a cactus and play what you want to.
>>
>>52687842
This reminds me of ME1's experience system, where anything you killed in a car was worth a small fraction of what it was when you killed it on foot.

So instead of killing anything in the car, I would pull over, get out, and kill it on foot. Which was stupid, and a waste of time, but that's what was required of me.
>>
File: massive faggot.jpg (63KB, 672x712px) Image search: [Google]
massive faggot.jpg
63KB, 672x712px
>>52687842
Way to de-incentivize your players using problem-solving skills or preparing for anything.
>>
>>52687956
That's pretty much Gate
>>
>>52687924
>Why should players get more xp for making the fight easier.
This implies a player doing anything to make the fight easier should be punished thus my example of antitoxin vs a green dragon which naturally is easier give they give you advantage on the saves vs poison (i think)

Regardless i still agree in splitting xp with followers, its just an interesting topic for discussion on when its right to reduce xp and when its wrong.
>>
File: eknutshell.png (739KB, 540x800px) Image search: [Google]
eknutshell.png
739KB, 540x800px
Is 6th level a good time to go from eldritch knight 5 to wizard 1? I'm getting really tired of making the same actions again and again, and I need some variety to keep my character interesting.

I was going to go ek 6 and pick up tough (bad hp rolls) and wait til after lvl 7 to MC, but a larger selection of spells is really, really, really alluring.
>>
I'm looking to make a dungeon with different room themes based off of animals.

It's going to basically be an ancient training ground for a monk order. They would use magical constructs or other types of terrain/traps to train.

For example. Perhaps a "crane" room might require they balance or jump across a room of pillars to reach the other side while something is trying to knock them off.
While a monkey room might have them face off against some animated ape golems or something for "strength" training. With the solution to fight them or perhaps bring the golden banana from one place to another.

Things like that.
>>
>>52688036
Following on this topic, what do you think of reducing XP received from random encounters while the party is travelling?

The reasoning here is that 5e is balanced around several encounters per day, but that makes no sense while travelling and even if you're rolling for encounters 6-8 times per 24h, usually there's only about 2 fights at maximum. Since they're fighting less, they can blow through resources carelessly and have a much easier fight.

Does that warrant less XP?
>>
>>52688083
Depends on what role you are normally filling, if you're one of the main front line guys go for tough then MC if not then it shouldn't be too terrible.
>>
What is the best way to make a pugilist that isn't a monk? My friend and I were thinking of making a goblin bard with a half orc bodyguard but he wants to smash shit with his hands. Monk is too mystical so we were leaning fighter or barb
>>
File: Hag.jpg (110KB, 528x705px) Image search: [Google]
Hag.jpg
110KB, 528x705px
With all the hag stuff in Volo's, it says they occupy positions in all the various Fey courts. Does that mean there are hags that are, if not "good", at least neutral? The whole "corruption for the sake of corruption" tone they carry across each of their types doesn't seem to mix well with anything other than evil, from what I see.
>>
>>52687373
>How do you not come off as "that guy" doing 1d6+2d8+3+2 / 1d4+2d8+3+2 in one turn at level 2?
Maybe the fact that you're blowing your entire days worth of resources on target is evidence enough.
>>
>>52688166
The Seelie aren't necessarily all good.
>>
>>52688164
This gets asked every other day. The answer is Barbarian + Tavern Brawler.

But damage will be utter shit. If you want the class to be at all useful in some fashion, carry a shield and grapple.
>>
>>52688122
What system do people usually use to give players xp? I've DMed 2 times and I've given xp based on the monsters slain. So for a party of 4 that kill 4 monster worth 50 xp each for total 200, each player earns 50xp.

Making random encounters give reduced experience or none at all seems reasonable if you plan on having lots of encounters.
>>
File: 1413114047373.jpg (74KB, 763x736px) Image search: [Google]
1413114047373.jpg
74KB, 763x736px
what about a magic item that rewards players for roleplaying. i have a cleric of moradin and think it would be cool if he picked up some dwarf like things to do. he is trained with masons tools.

belt of dwarf stuff: has 3 charges, gains a charge when you spend an hour doing dwarf-like labor (mining, smithing, engineering, in his case masonry), or act with compassion toward a non-dwarf. charges can be expelled to cast a list of spells.
>>
>>52688223
Cool idea desu
Could even have rewards for roleplaying sort of like inspiration
>>
>>52688213
I never got how grapple is useful since it seems to have little benefit
>>
>>52688126
We have six frontline guys including me and I've been drifting to the back of the party in a ranged bowman role, but its really boring. Hopefully the wizard cantrips will help fix that...
>>
>>52688278
Prone + Grapple

Prone gives advantage on melee attacks against the unfortunate bastard, while they get disadvantage on attacking. It normally consumes 15ft of movement to get back up, but because they have the Grappled condition, their speed is 0 and they can't get up.

This is the 101. Once you start doing things like moving and shoving you can get into shenanigans, but knocking down and grappling is almost always a good option.
>>
>>52688332
How do you do a knock down? I know the Grappler feat lets you pin but that makes both players restrained so it negates your advantage and their disadvantage
>>
>>52688205
I understand that very well, hence the "at least neutral" bit. However, if the Seelie interact with non-Fey in a "good" (as in, not hunted, toyed with, and/or killed sense), then how would hags, who according to their as is fluff seek nothing but twisting and corrupting everything, operate?
>>
So one of my players is a forge cleric from unearthed arcana. His characters goal is to find rare and precious metals for crafting. Any ideas as to what I could give him?
>>
>>52686406
Settlements are protected by tribal warriors, thugs, guards, veterans, tribal shamans, priests, etc.
>>
>>52688363
No, no the Grappler feat is shit. It has like two niche uses but it's not worth the ASI.

PHB page 195. When taking the Attack action, you can substitute any of your attacks with an Athletics check to Grapple, or to Shove. Shove furthermore lets you either push away or knock prone.

So say you have Extra Attack. With your first attack you instead roll Athletics to Grapple, and with your second you instead roll Athletics to knock prone. So they're down and can't get up, setting them right up for allies or for your next turn.
>>
>>52688417
Give him a metal that has the same properties as the T-1000 in terminator 2. Let him make constructs out of it.
>>
>>52688417
Open up the dmg and give him any of the listed gp precious stones for him to use as batteries.
>>
I was thinking about creating a door puzzle based on the fox and the grapes. But I need some help fleshing out the idea.

What if there's a locked door, and nearby, very high and far away is a dangling key. It is completely impossible to reach it.

Giving up and saying audibly that "we don't need the key" is enough to open the door. Which would be funny and probably enough to work well as a puzzle.

My problem is this kind of defeats the moral of the story. Anyways to adapt this but still keep the moral intact?
>>
>>52686406
>Settlements are only inhabited by untrained rabble
>Thugs, bandits and guards don't exist
>Preston Garvey tells you another settlement needs your help and marks it on your map
>>
>>52688417
U-235
>>
>>52688468
What makes it impossible to use Mage Hand, Fly, Levitate, or just knock it down with a ranged attack or spell?
>>
>>52688491
Protected by antimagic barriers/forcefields
>>
>>52688443
Dope, thanks
>>
>>52688468
Give them something which can take down the key hidden somewhere else in the room or dungeon, rewarding persistence.
>>
>>52688491
Literally anything you want.
You can say mage hand pulls the key but is unable to pull hard enough to snap the cord its dangling from.
Anyone that gets within say 10 feet of it is pushed back by a magical force.
It's protected by magic from ranged attacks and spells. They simply glance off as if its in a magical bubble.
Dispel magic? There's a glyph nearby that counterspells any attempts to dispel magic.
>>
>>52688520
I like this idea. Perhaps after they get through the door in a couple of rooms they find some sort of magical gloves with abjuration magic infused into them?
Lets them grab the key if they go back. And the key is actually to unlock a different chest that contains a powerful but optional reward?
>>
>>52688468
Two doors, leading to the same place, call the desired destination Room A

One door is locked and the impossible-to-get key unlocks it. This leads straight into room A.

The other door (a trapdoor in the floor actually) leads to Room B, which is directly beneath Room A and has a ladder leading up into Room A.

Room B is full of murky waist deep water and fucking horrible respawning enemies, like aquatic ghouls constantly swimming in from a nearby subterranean Lake of the Dead, or oozes happily sloshing about, or dick-ass enemies with ranged attacks shooting you as you wade through the water from the ceiling. No treasure, no tricks, just slow movement, combat penalties, and suffering as you try to slog across the flooded basement and climb the slippery ladder.

'H-ha, we didn't NEED the key, it's just a shortcut for pussies anyway!'
>>
File: 1488824395067.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1488824395067.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>52688480
>Preston Garvey

Such a stupid mechanic all so you can level up however much you want
>>
>>52688417
Is he a Dwarf? Have him quest to rediscover the means of creating hizagkuur.
>>
>>52688013
I'd just damage them enough in the mako to be able to kill it with a sniper rifle.
>>
File: cheatsheet.jpg (522KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
cheatsheet.jpg
522KB, 1000x750px
Guys, I'm looking for something along the lines of pic related to staple on my crude dm screen, just so I don't forget anything (it's my first time DMing 5e, I have only DM'd 3.x before).

Do you have any recommendations of a very thorough one? What else could I put on it?

>also the game starts in a few hours
>>
>>52688778
Have basic things like your PC's AC and health totals, maybe some extra NPC names in case you need to improvise an interaction.

When it comes to mechanics, especially combat mechanics, take your time since everyone's gonna be taking theirs. In my experience, people take so long to figure out what they want to do on their turn that it gives you ample time to plane enemy moves.
>>
Write me a lymric about a half-orc bard named O-grog who got killed by giant rats /5eg/
>>
>>52688778
Include bonus actions, reactions, hit die / rests
>>
>>52689030
There once was a half-orc bard
Whose name: it was O-grog
There rest is quite hazy
as this anon was lazy
And asked for help on this horrible board
>>
>>52689197
I deserved this
>>
I reallllyyy liked the Yawning Portal book. So with that one coming out this week let's get a small survey going in the spirit of adventures.

>Best 5E adventure module?
>Worst 5E adventure module?
>>
How would you convert the following into 5e?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/zoog/
>>
>>52689218
Do a strawpoll brah.
>>
>>52689030

There once was a bard named O-gog;
a half-orc, quite fond of his grog
til one night while drunk,
he pulled out his junk
'twas a rat he mistook for Ms. Zogg
>>
>>52687273
When in doubt a ring of Spell Storing that can only be used by those of the Faith
>>
>>52689301
>best 5E adventure
https://strawpoll.com/d5ygf11

>worst 5E adventure
https://strawpoll.com/z6wx4x4
>>
>>52689218
Lemme save you some time and give you the proeminent answers
best: cuck of strahd, storm cuck's thunder
worst: tyranny of dragons (still, rise of tiamat is somewhat better than hoard of the dragon queen: caravan simulator game)
>>
>>52689416
Sweet, voted.
>>
>>52689517
Did you fail English?
>>
I had forgotten Out of the Abyss even existed
Fuck, it must be pretty sweet to reach the end of the adventure when the Demon Lords are summoned then hand each player one of their stat blocks and be like "Fight, faggots"
>>
There was a video showcasing (I believe back when it was still called DnD Next) a general example of gameplay.

It featured an up-close perspective of the miniatures and game board, which itself had multiple levels, and a single narrator doing voices and explanation - as far as I remember, it never cut away from the board/miniatures perspective and various camera angles, showcasing which characters were speaking.

It was very easy to follow, and went through a quick dungeon crawl and examples of how one might play.

I can't for the life of me find that video. It would be very helpful for some of my new players to watch. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>52689644
DMs should ideally hand the statblocks of the demon lords to each player and have them duke it out in an epic battle royale.
>>
could I manage to run the Sunless Citadel in one session for a game of oneshot to a group with 2 first-timers?

if no, what would you suggest for a game to introduce them to the d&d 5E?
>>
>>52689687
Just have them watch Dice Camera Action.
>>
Would it be feasible to run a one-shot involving the players just controlling a demon lord?
>>
>>52689687
>>52689727
Ha! Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzLqcoGcxEo
>>
>>52689751
Or controlling just a demon lord, if you prefer.
>>
>>52689751
"Another Day in the Abyss" could be a fun oneshot I guess
Or maybe they fucking some Devils in the blood war or something
>>
>>52688166
I would think it more like Maleficent, not exactly welcome, but you don't turn a hag away ,that wants to be part of whatever it is they're doing.
>>
>>52689823
Or in the Underdark.
>>
Damn, is Tyranny of Dragons really that bad? What the fuck were Kobold Press on when they wrote that drivel? What the fuck were WotC thinking in hiring them?
>>
File: 1457374739902.jpg (2MB, 1604x1586px) Image search: [Google]
1457374739902.jpg
2MB, 1604x1586px
Are there any hammer weapons?
>>
>>52689899
Actually I like the Book of Lairs and Prepared! books from Kobold. Dunno what happened when they were hired for the Dragons. Probably due to some shit with rules not being finished at the time.
>>
File: 1312491070235.png (2KB, 203x212px) Image search: [Google]
1312491070235.png
2KB, 203x212px
>>52686406
"War is good. Sleep is better" - Orcish saying
>>
>>52689942
Maul, Warhammer, Light Hammer (which can be thrown).
>>
>>52689722
plz respond
>>
>>52689942
Warhammer and literally hammers
>>
File: 1486851945891.jpg (65KB, 600x686px) Image search: [Google]
1486851945891.jpg
65KB, 600x686px
>>52689942
>>
>>52690014
(you)
>>
>>52689722
Sunless Citadel is two sessions minimum, 3 is more likely. It's short but not something you could realistically complete in only 4-ish hours, especially with new players.
>>
>>52690127
I can haz cheeseburger?
>>
File: 1486593003419.jpg (63KB, 497x388px) Image search: [Google]
1486593003419.jpg
63KB, 497x388px
>>52690172
>>
File: 1478760991915.jpg (70KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
1478760991915.jpg
70KB, 470x470px
>52690172
I'm rescinding that (You).
>>
Your party is quoted .002 copper pennies per drop of health potion, but when you go to pay your bill, they are charging you .002 silver pennies per drop. What do you do?
>>
>>52690378
Who the fuck measures things like that?
>>
>>52690437
>>52690437
A health potion shop that has a magic usage fee. They stream health potions to specially designed backpacks with straws for adventurers around the world.
>>
>>52690378
Buy some normal potions from a non-insane shop, then break these guys' legs for scamming me of my hard-earned silver pennies.
>>
>>52690378
Tell them to fuck off. You would have a contract for that kind of thing and listed prices
>>
>>52690572
What kind of measurement is a "drop". If you're going to rip off modern issues, rip off modern measurements too.
>>
>>52690686
You do have a listed price, and a contract. It is .002cp (the standard notation for copper pennies)
>>
>>52690724
Well in that case I take them to court. Seems like an open and shut lawsuit.
>>
>>52690724
Drop sizes can be made to be quite uniform anon.
>>
>>52689266

Keep the stats, give it two attacks instead of three (so Claws and Bite), maybe d4 damage on both, no Bleed, proficiency in Athletics and Acrobatics, attacks count as magic weapons, can activate or quell Spell Sight as a bonus action.
>>
>>52690724
Then pay them the contract price and let them try to sue for the rest
>>
is there a "Heat Pusy" spell
>>
>>52690809
Is English your first language, shitposter.
>>
Is Drunken Master complete shit and should I go Kensai or Shadow instead?
>>
>>52690748
The magistrate does the math, and determines that your bill is correct.

.002cp*10567 drops=21.134sp

The magistrate looks at you strangely, as if you aren't quite right in the head.
>>
>>52690866
It's good if you're not v.human to get mobile.
>>
>>52682838
Dwarf Battlerager here.

Battleaxe in a versatile grip, I just hit things for 1d10, occasionally trip and grapple when I please. Usual combo is to rage, charge at someone, swing with longsword to get the temp HP, and then grapple them. Next turn, Shove them prone, Stab them with longsword, possibly drop longsword and grapple somone else and start headbutting with armour spikes. Some times I just Rage, Grapple, Shove just to score the quick lockdown.

Can't say how effective it is but it's hard to put a price on Grapple-Prone, it is, however, super bloody fun.
>>
>>52690824
your mom was my first lover
>>
>>52690882
I guess. I love the final ability but the Advantage on saving throw is basically the same as the reroll all monks get, the deflection being once per rest is awful and level 3 is basically a shitty conditional Mobile.

I want to love it but I really don't think I can.
>>
File: 1491223325017.png (448KB, 455x395px) Image search: [Google]
1491223325017.png
448KB, 455x395px
>>52690910
>>
Is there any stuff to make a diplomancer with or should I just homebrew up things for that?
>>
>>52690870
I'm sorry sir but you switched units in there, the bill should be in cp not sp.
>>
>>52687273
What does the cleric do when he isn't healing? Give him something to support that.

For example, he makes good use of healing word? So the easy option would be giving him an item that boosts healing word. But how about something more fun? A holy-symbol that lets him add Wisdom the damage of Sacred Flame, and makes it Save-for-Half instead of Save-for-None.

Boom, now his offensive option is going to get a little bit of extra punch to his sacred flames, since he will be using it whenever he wants to cast a bonus-action spell.
>>
>playing a 3rd level paladin with 32hp
>go through cave
>clear 2nd to last room and take a short rest
>full hp fuck yea, bring on the boss
>some rp, paladin is unable to redeem bad guy go figure
>bad guy attacks
>casts tidal wave
>dm looks directly at me with a shit-eating grin and says "max damage
>take 32 damage
>rip
>>
>>52689517
All that cuck and you didn't go for the most obvious of jokes?
>Tranny of Dragons.
>>
What background works best for an Elf who was raised in an Elven city?
>>
>>52691007
Cleric casts healing word, you stand up and use lay-on-hands, back to near full.

Also, how did you manage to chillax and eat lunch for an hour right outside the BBEG's door without him noticing anything?
>>
>>52691042
noble or sage
>>
>>52691042
Urchin.
>>
>>52690965
Explain. Do you mean a class or a build?

>>52691042
If they are the normal depiction of elves, then either Noble, Sage, or Courtier from Sword Coast.

Here's a list of all backgrounds.
http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Backgrounds
>>
>>52691038
Thanks, will save in my 5e puns list, right after Ass Combat
>>
>>52691104
Oh, Courtier seems perfect. Never would've thought that so thank you.
>>
>>52691053
no cleric and LoH was used before we cleared the cave

>>52691053
we took a short rest in a dead-end area after we got low from a fight. just so happened we came across the boss next. we also houserule short rests into being 20 minutes instead of an hour.
>>
>>52691104
Build. As far as I'm aware its never been a class, just what build gives highest diplomacy/charisma stuff.
>>
>>52691141
Then I guess hope your team mates didn't all get assblasted from the spell and can fight on without you.

Consider getting some kind of healer so that hitting 0 doesn't mean Riperoonie.
>>
>>52691162
Lore Bard with either the Courtier background or Noble background, with skills put into all CHA bonuses and Expertise into Persuasion. If your DM allows UA, Mystic with the Mantle of Awe focus is decent, but heavily relies on forced persuasion instead of diplomacy.
>>
>>52687373
That's the secret: you don't.

PAM is trash, it doensn't matter how much people say to just make other feats better or buff other weapons, because that garbage's already been printed and out for years.
>>
>>52691281
>PAM is trash
I was out of the loop of the 5e community a while. Is it trash because it's better than everything else? Or is it actually a bad feat?
>>
>>52691325
Its trash because its good apparently
>>
>>52691336
The 5e meta is incredibly complex.
>>
I'm a Wood Elf Monk using point buy and so far I'm starting with this.

12, 14(+2), 12, 10, 15(+1), 8 and I've got 1 point left. I'd like to keep the STR at least 12 for jumping, it comes up more often in our games then you'd think.

So I'm wondering if it's worth it to drop INT to 8 as well and put a 14 in CON, or just raise STR to 13 because everybody dumps INT?
>>
>>52691389
int is for pussies
>>
How do you guys deal with the great old ones level 1 ability, the telepathy one?

Im playing a rogue with a dip in warlock and have been using it to speak to enemies un a deceptive manner, making them think I'm their God communicating with them. I still have to roll for deception but would you allow that in your campaign?
>>
>>52691413
In a world of obvious magic I'd always assume a voice in my head is a Mage of some kind until proven otherwise.

Personally I'd rule out the pretending to be a god because it's too ridiculous. What are you using it to try and do?
>>
File: bigCastle.jpg (728KB, 1451x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bigCastle.jpg
728KB, 1451x1200px
Do you guys like to use random encounters in your adventures?
>>
>>52691468
Only if i've personally have designed the encounter-table or like how in the current campaign use the SKT one.
>>
>>52689967
But everything about Tyranny is shit.
>>
>>52691389
In my games I give an additional language for every +1 mod from INT. If everyone was dumping I would take a language away.
>>
New player here. Why the fuck am I such a murderhobo?
I hunger for combat and want to kill everything my group comes across. It's not like I actually do it, I just really feel a huge urge too. I really, really like punching things.
Am I a lost cause, /tg/?
>>
>>52691443
Well, they are cult members.
Just stuff like telling them there's intruders in other parts of the complex to get them to move, or 'there is an unbeliever in your midst, stuff like that to distract them.
>>
>>52691560
You're a repressed faggot irl and you long to be free of yourself but you lack the courage to kill yourself, but it leaks out in certain situations, like during table top rpgs. Basically you're just an uninteresting, bland, violent (but only in consequence free environments) and completely mediocre person. You think you are cool and interesting though. But you're not.
>>
>>52691325
It's compulsory if you want to play an optimal martial and streamlines choices: a non-PAM Fighter or Paladin (mostly Paladin) sucks dick compared to one with it. Wanna play Paladin? God fucking forbid if you want to do anything else for a weapon.
I personally don't like it because of how many people pick it along with Sentinel, or worse, make their whole character literally ''Polearm Master dude''. Like, alright, guy, we get it: you can read optimization threads on the internet to take advantage of this totally obscure feat interaction that nobody knows about! Amazing, I'm sure no one at the table has heard of that one before!

It's an extremely common complaint, too: toning it down or getting other weapon feats more up to speed 'fixes' that on a game by game basis, but does nothing for the issue at large.
>>
>>52691584
S A V A G E
>>
>trying to free a dragon from Lyn Armaal
>our Rogue went PWT+Invis on a griffon and snuck in through the bottom
>rest of the party landed in Zephyros' Tower and called for a diplomatic meeting
>talked a bunch of shit about the Lord's Alliance and needing answers for Nightstone and cloud giant attacks on other settlements, bad shit that Imlyerith is doing, wanting to get to Maelstrom, what Countess Sansuri wants
>convince her to let us help her interrogate Felegos; she leaves and sends Thullen to oversee us
>convince Thullen to leave to ask Sansuri if she's okay with our earth-shattering magic ritual even as we prepare it
>Fighter/Monk and Warlock are tying all the cages shut with silk rope
>Rogue has already freed Felegos and encounters the party
>put Felegos-as-Halfling in bag of holding and he flies out on a griffon with Rogue
>Thullen and Sansuri are coming back
>rest of the party hops out of the castle and runs around the perimeter on the cloud surface back towards Zephyros' Tower
>Fighter/Monk throws oil flasks into the nearest griffon cages and follows
>will probably have to Dimension Door/Gaseous Cloud across the gap but whatever
>DM walks off to figure out what the fuck he's going to do because this is not going anything like he'd anticipated
>>
>>52691719
nice book, lame-o
>>
>>52691325
It lets you make a Bonus Action attack with STR mod damage, meaning it's as good as taking the TWF style without being as restrictive.

It's especially good on Paladins because of the extra crit smite opportunity.
>>
>>52689644
>>52689692
I think that is what he was saying.
>>
The Kensai in our party just pretty much buttfucked a Dragon thanks to the Wizard casting Earthbind on the thing. It was glorious.

We're level 7 and he has 17 AC and every round he just GWM'd one attack, punched for +2 AC and then Bonus Action dodged. That combined with Evasion basically made him unhitable and everyone else was out of breath range throwing, casting and shooting at it.

After 5 round he ran out of Ki and just double GWM'd it and it was dead.
>>
I've never played 5e before. I want to make a dwarf fighter who specializes in two-handed axes or something like that. We start at level 8. Any tips? Also, is FR the default campaign setting?
>>
>>52691628
It's not compulsory, just a very good and broad option - builds that can have good things to do with their bonus actions (between say GWM, Shield Master, or moving around a Hunter's Mark/Hex) benefit much less from it, and specially for those not playing Variant Human, it delays the ASI progression for maxing combat stat plus picking up GWM.

For straight Fighters and Paladins it's definitely the way to go from a damage optimization perspective, but it's like, eh. The problem isn't with PAM itself, but that dual wielding sucks.
>>
>>52691992
Dual Wielding either needs scaling amount of attacks on the bonus action or just giving you an extra hit without using your bonus action. The later makes it too good for Rogues and that though.

Maybe the Dual Wielding fighting style lets you add your modifier and removes the bonus action cost?
>>
>>52686110
I am sure there's already been threads on this, but can anyone recommend good balanced ways to make the 5e DMG firearms seem a little more... firearmy?

For example, I don't think a character's full AC should always apply when being shot with a firearm (unless he/she can dodge bullets), but there should be other rules to balance this out that are relatively clean and easy to track.
>>
>>52691719
>we get on the tower and get away
>convince Zephyros to drop the tower entirely to gain speed and distance, then reengage the flight system
>party Wizard, Rogue, and Cleric take control of the orb and ram the tower up through the castle
>they insist we fight the entire castle full of FUCKING CLOUD GIANTS when they know where we are and what we're doing now
>durr we need to fight them where we have the numbers advantage, we can get them in hallways and fight them on our terms
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>52692036
3.5/Pathfinder have this thing called Touch AC that would be useful. Extremely simplified, if you're in range with your gun, then the only protection they get is their base 10 plus DEX mod. That range is normally very close, so that longer attacks use the full AC.
>>
>>52692335
I would almost prefer using that overall concept, but removing the DEX mod instead. I think armour is more likely to impede a gunshot than literally dodging it (if gunfire misses, I would think it would be more due to the the wielder of the gun or the target utilizing cover).
>>
>>52692036
Plate could still stop early muskets and some rifles, in reality.

Unless you're talking about modern pistols, which probably can shoot through plate.
>>
>>52691956
Go with sentinel at level 4 for a feat, at level 3 go with battle master, when you pick your fighting style chose gwf.

Also, choose the backround noble variant ; knight
>>
At some point in my life I was subscribed to WotG's Adventurer's League (around 3.5 era I think) and they would send me stuff like cards, adventure modules and stuff. Is that stuff still going?
>>
File: MHRoC-Rathalos_Art_001.jpg (497KB, 2500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
MHRoC-Rathalos_Art_001.jpg
497KB, 2500x3000px
>>52691560
Keep murderhoboing, do it for the thrill of the hunt!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HMhh5HCvho
>>
I have a alchemy jug but no access to the oil, acid, or poison options.

Now, how can I weaponize 2 gallons of mayonnaise or use it in an interesting way chemically for my D&D 5e campaign?

I already thought up using it to slip enemies into razor sharp garrote wire.

What about the one gallon of honey?
>>
>>52688083
>pick up tough (bad hp rolls)
Rolling HP and picking shit feats. Wow. Pic related, cause you're really stupid?
>>
>>52692464
Yup, my doubt isn't the armour, its the idea of evasion that isn't pure luck or human error on the shooter's part.
>>
>>52691801
Yes, it was

>>52691947
He must've got pretty lucky with his rolls to consistently hit with the -5
>>
What's the best class thematically for a merchant? I would think artificer but what about settings that don't have those?
>>
>>52692571
Tar?
>>
File: 1462615385043.jpg (54KB, 780x636px) Image search: [Google]
1462615385043.jpg
54KB, 780x636px
>>52692579
Get a load of this faggot
>>
>>52688303
They won't, I'm afraid, but hey, EK gets War Magic at 7 if you have something to mix with attacks like chill touch, acid spray, ray of frost, or a EE cantrip like frostbite or create bonfire.
>>
>>52691947
Must have been a little bitch of a dragon if it didn't even have legendary resistance.
>>
>>52692613
Bard perhaps? They travel around, are good at persuasion, maybe play their instrument around the campfire while their caravan has set up for the night.
>>
>>52688410
Some things can be corrupted by giving them exactly what they ask for.
>>
Any solutions to wanting to increase size? Enlarge/Reduce only lasts one round and I was looking for something more substantial or a little longer lasting.
>>
>>52692685
I was thinking Bard. Maybe Rogue too because the idea is the merchant sets up shop in the middle and at the bottom of dungeons to sell shit to the party.
>>
>>52692700
Assuming you're a player, I'd ask why do you want to be Large? Is it the idea of cramming and bumbling through places, or is it the benefits of a larger carry capacity, an increase in threat range, etc.?
>>
>>52692728
>>52692613
Do you know a game called Bard Trader? No? That's what I thought.
>>
>>52692700
There's this ad I've been seeing in porn sites which promises a 5cm growth in the span of a month. You might try, if you're really desperate.
Or you can play that UA Ranger who turns into a Large Treant. Unless you wish to maintain your human form as well.
>>
>>52692791
Hey, its not my fault it got banned. Only weird people play a game about sex trafficking anyway.
>>
>>52692769
I just wanna be a big guy wrestler who puts on a big show and really gets the group going in combat hence the physical bigness but then I want that juxtaposed by being meek and mild outside of the ring. The only life he knows is wrestling and I'm chuckling at the thought of this big ripped Giga Nigga wrestler being large in size and small in presence outside of combat.
>>
>>52692839
That's literally a Goliath.
>>
>>52690926
The deflection is just awful anyway. I mean, it's cool, but if you're intentionally trying to trigger it, you'd just get killed even if you could use it at will. And it's too much potential damage to be allowed at will at level 6 if it wasn't suicide.
>>
What's a good familiar for a once-noble, Lawful Evil Necromancer?
>>
File: 1479351435129.jpg (203KB, 1024x1498px) Image search: [Google]
1479351435129.jpg
203KB, 1024x1498px
How would you stat out weapons made of particularly exotic materials, aside from "counts as magical" for certain supernatural materials?

>Living, venomous coral spear
>Magical pearl, durable enough to make into weapons
>Dragon/BIG MONSTER bone
>fucking crystals or some shit
>Material that creates a supernatural cold, allowing a long-lived ice blade to be made around it
>other exotic shit
>>
>>52692728
>>52692791
With either Thief's raw stealth or Arcane Trickster's invisibility spells, I could definitely see a Rogue being able to sneak past monsters and set up shop mid-dungeon.
>>
>>52692036
Remember aim dodging is a thing.
>>
>>52692871
A cat of ill-omen
>>
>>52692871
Poisonous snake would be the classic
Otherwise a cat or bat, or perhaps a hawk for a noble that liked his falconry
>>
>>52692862
>Goliath
>Small in presences outside of combat

Yeah if you play them like a pansy
>>
>>52691389
You can dump Int and be a real backwoods elf. The kind of elf whose moonshine will blind you, but you don't care cause you're immune to poison.
>>
File: fat.jpg (32KB, 336x394px) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
32KB, 336x394px
New to D&D. I'm going to join a 5E group.

Any advice what class I can play that is simple to be effective with and where I can be more insecure/don't have to make plays or lead?
>>
>>52692948
Barbarian.
>>
>>52692872
Find a weapon for damage then pull things from DMG items that fit the theme I want to make.

Depending on the rarity I might bump the damage die up
>>
>>52692922
>>52692924
Yeah, a cat may be something that would fit well
>>
>>52692862
But they're medium I wanna be a big guy
>>
Stat yourself /5eg/.

Me:

Str 8
Dex 8
Con 8
Int 20
Wis 18
Cha 8
>>
After the last thread, I'm thinking of giving my players a discount immovable rod. It will be in the magic item shop's damaged goods section. The problem, if they ask about it to the shopkeep is that it's part of a batch of immovable rods that move. Any immovable rod from that batch instantly moves very fast if activated, in a seemingly random direction. Nobody wants them because they're never recovered. You activate it and you lose it. The secret is that the rod is actually truly unmovable, in an objective reference frame of the whole universe. When you activate it, it instantly stops all motion, including any motion it had from the movement of the planet, the sun, the galaxy, the local cluster, the super cluster, or any larger grouping.

Would this break things?
>>
>>52692948
Hill Dwarf Life Cleric is easy once you read the basic advice on how to play.

Basically a single target heal should only be used to bring someone up from 0HP and you should use your Channel Divinity and mass healing for when everyone's low health.

Also you have enough Armour and Health to be able to survive and you can use spells to stay out of melee.
>>
Rolled 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1 = 7 (6d2)

How to roll for stats for stating yourself /tg/.

Everyone starts at 9s across the board.

Flip six coins. For each heads, you can add a +1 to a stat. For each tails, you must subtract 1 from a stat. You can cancel out heads and tails if you want.

Pumping Int for me, dumping Dex
>>
>>52693014
They get to count as big for carry weight and such. Also stand between 7'-8'
>>
>>52693014
Powerful Build is as far as it'll go.
Large races would come with serious balancing issues.
>>
>>52693035
The party would lose it the instant they turned it on. If they try to use it to bust something down, they've got a decent chance of gibbing themselves.

Also, it implies normal physics in a fantasy world, which just doesn't work.

see: every other argument about the truly immovable rod
>>
>>52693066
Obviously, 2s are considered heads. So my stat total is:

Str: 9
Dex: 4
Con:9
Wis:9
Int:10
Cha:9

Seems about right.
>>
>>52692582

If that was the case Rogues shouldn't be dodging Lightning bolts and Barbarian shouldn't be surviving falls from into pools of lava and swimming their way out
>>
>>52693081
>The party would lose it the instant they turned it on. If they try to use it to bust something down, they've got a decent chance of gibbing themselves.

Yeah, those are all pluses in my book. I'm sure the party could think of a way to creatively use it though.
>>
>>52692650
Tough is a bad feat and if he has to roll for HP, he should burn that Game/PC to the ground, depending on if it was the DM's requirement or his own foolish choice.
>>
>>52692872
I'd give them relatively weak, simple magical effects and maybe a +1. The best effects things that don't take too long to resolve or that are more fluff than crunch, if it's just from the weapon's material and you're expecting a bunch of them floating around. For example:

>venom coral
On hit the target makes a DC? saving throw to avoid being poisoned until the end of its next turn, saving makes it immune to the poison for 24 hours
>magical pearl
Counts as magical, maybe 1/day advantage on save against a spell as the magic rolls off it
>monster bone
+1 to attack and damage, gives out an indication when you're near another monster of the same kind (e.g. dragon bone heats up)
>>
>>52693029
STR 12
DEX 11
CON 12
INT 14
WIS 10
CHA 13
Proficient with Insight, Deception and Persuasion
>>
>>52692027

Having TW Fighting Style let you off-hand attack without eating up your Bonus Action would be enough as-is.

Tying the Ability Mod to damage mechanic to the Dual Wielder feat would help make it less shit.
>>
>>52692613
Fighter Weapons Merchant, proud to display their prowess with every single thing they sell
>>
>>52693029
Str Irrelevant
Dex Irrelevant
Con Irrelevant
Int Irrelevant
Wis Irrelevant
Cha 20

Who cares about the rest, I'm about to get laid
>>
>>52693029
8, just 8.
>>
>>52692613
Bladepact Warlock. Take Mask of Many Faces.

Go into a city. Sell your pact weapon.
Walk away. A minute later the pact weapon disappears. Switch faces. Repeat.

You could also do Eldritch Knight. Sell a magical weapon that you've bonded. Summon it later.
>>
>>52693029
STR 11
DEX 8
CON 13
INT 11
WIS 14
CHA 12
>>
>>52693267
>have a Druid
>Druid wildshapes into a rare or exotic pet
>sell for exuberant sums of gold
>they escape
>rinse/repeat
>>
>>52692579
>Not believing in the heart of the cards I mean dice
>>
>>52693029
str 12
dex 14
con 8
int 14
wis 10
cha 14
Point buy, no racial bonuses
>>
>>52693315
The heart of the dice is black and lumpy, like coal. They will betray you when you're most vulnerable. Everyone knows this.
>>
>>52693029
STR 14
DEX 9
CON 13
INT 15
WIS 8
CHA 6

: (
>>
Something came up in our last game and I'm not sure we did it right.

We're running from a hoard of zombies and a bit of the floor crumbled when the fighter ran over it because of his weight. He managed to jump the rest of the way over though because he was half way and had enough strength. The Monk was the last one down the corridor because he had dodged pass all the zombies to grab a magic Greatsword before running and he only has 10 strength.

The pit's 20 feet across and he was 40 feet away. He has a speed of 50 and the level 9 ability to run up walls but used the last of his Ki to dodge because of his low HP and opportunity attacks.

If he runs 40 towards the pit then 10 feet along the wall would it be reasonable to let him use his momentum to move forward the last 10 feet when he falls? I let him make an Athletics check to do it but it seemed a little weird.
>>
Doing a level 5 one shot, and the DM wants us to min/max as much as possible. All WotC classes and races are available. Any suggestions?
>>
>>52692335
touch AC is mostly meant for rays -- you know, effects that you have to aim, but don't have to penetrate or bypass armor, but only touch their person.

I'd be skeptical of using that for firearms, depending on what era of firearm you're aiming for. I can see armor doing something good against a primitive blunderbuss or arquebus.

For more advanced/modern firearms, it miht make sense to treat them as +1 or +2 versions of the weapon, or increase the hit die.

The 3e era d20 Modern game might be mineable, but since they think it's reasonable for your character to surviveultiplw hits from a d12 desert eagle, maybe not.
>>
>>52693432
I'd say yes, because it's cool and sort of makes visual sense. Was he unable to Dash?
>>
>>52693493
I don't think that occurred to any of us at the time. We're pretty new to the game and I just remembered the rule of saying yes but imposing conditions on it.

I figured a check to make it by the skin of his teeth was the best way to do it but I'll remind them about Dashing.
>>
>>52693464
You're not gonna be getting that much fun stuff out of a 5th level character. Obviously, v. Human is best for the level 1 feat. Would you want to be min maxed for combat, because that's what most people want.

Sharpshooter Battlemaster or GWM Battlemaster, maybe PAM Vengeance Paladin for better crit chance. I dunno man, it's like asking what's the best Lego model you can build with like 6 pieces.
>>
>>52693536
No, you definitely improvised well. I bet it felt tense but rewarding for the player when he had to make the roll.

You guys are newish to DnD but have at least 9th level characters? How long have you been playing?
>>
How do you even calculate the AC of monsters?
How would you determine its natural armor? Just give it an arbitrary number?
>>
>>52692700
No you faggot, Enlarge/Reduce is a concentration spell that lasts for up to one minute.
>>
>>52693570
About 3 months now. Most of them barely read the book beyond their class, race and spells but I did and taught them the rules. I've played a fair few other rpgs but haven't played D&D since 2e and I've only ever DM'd for one campaign, it was Ironclaw.

I'm trying to encourage sticking with games for a long time because I prefer it when they do.

Dashing's never really come up before so I guess we just kinda forgot about it.
>>
>>52693035
if they anchor something to the rod and then anchor it, its fucking gone forever.
>>
>>52693576
Usually just 10 + DEX mod
>>
>>52693576
10+DEX. If it's an unusually tough beasty then 1, 2 or 3 points of natural armour.

If it's something big like a giant monster then look at similar creatures and steal it.
>>
>>>52693648
>>>52693576

Addendum
If the creature has some thick hides or plating or whatever, then bump it up a little because Natural Armour.
>>
>>52693576
>Just give it an arbitrary number?
Pretty much. How is the monster? Heavily armored, tough hides and stuff? High AC.
Big blob of meat who don't care for hits, slow moving, mushy composition? Low AC. You can better adjust it with the DMG guidelines
>>
Rolled 5, 18, 7, 18, 1, 14 = 63 (6d20)

>>52693029
Am I a mistak?

Was it on purpose?
>>
>>52693731
>1 Wisdom

probably. Plants don't even have wisdom that low.
>>
>>52691992
>>52692027
>>52693194

I did a stat analysis on TWF trying to find different solutions for it.

Having TW Fighting Style give your off-hand attack without a Bonus Action (still without Ability Mod to damage) makes it alright.

Having TW Fighting Style give your off-hand attack without a Bonus Action AND having the number of off-hand attacks scale with normal attacks makes it almost equal to GWF in terms of damage, and this is the one my games use.
>>
>>52693794
The big issue I see with that is Rangers and Paladins with Hunter's Mark. At level 5 they now do 8d6+16 damage without giving up a feat... That seems excessive. Plus Barbarians get rage damage
and advantage on all of those attacks.

I'm all for the extra attack not using a bonus action but scaling like that is a little extreme with any on-hit effects. Maybe make it scale to two extra attacks at level 11 on Fighters only? They don't get consistent on-hit effects so it's probably needed to keep up with GWM.
>>
>>52693867
That'd work as well. What would it be like if Dual Wielder had the extra provision that it if someone had the TW Fighting Style, attacks would scale equally, but without it, attacks only scale up to half?
>>
>>52693794
how does twf stack up if the extra attacks dont take a bonus action and you get a second twf attack if you have 3 or 4 attacks (so fighters only)?
>>
>>52693648
>>52693681
>>52693682
>>52693728
Sweet, thanks heaps bros!
>>
>>52693926
>>52693867
>>52693923

Give me a sec, I'm running the numbers now.
>>
>>52693923
Feels decent. That's an extra attackk per round vs. the +10 Damage -5 Attack per round. It's about an extra flat 9.5 damage per round but no penalties compared to a GWM potentially getting +30 a round if both their attacks hit and they get the Bonus Action one. Makes Dual-Wielding the king of consistent damage but GWM and Sharpshooter better for certain situations. Mostly low AC and having Advantage.

I'm mostly worried about high level fighters who dip Warlock or whatever. 6 attacks for 2d6+5 would be a bitch to deal with.
>>
What about letting a Dual Weapon fighter take -5 in order to double their attacks in a round? Getting the extra 9.5 damage per attack and having to make the more attack rolls makes it a little worse then GWM but they can also use on-hit effects with it. Works well with a Fighter because they can action surge it, Barbarians get Advantage and Rage damage and Rangers can Hunter's Mark.

Work out about as well as GWM I think.
>>
File: FourElements.pdf (4MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
FourElements.pdf
4MB, 1x1px
I need a story for my really competitive, but fun WOT4E Aarakocra monk. Any ideas?
>>
File: quick rule summery.pdf (214KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
quick rule summery.pdf
214KB, 1x1px
>>52688778
>>
File: DM Screen-Cheat Sheet 2.0.pdf (4MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
DM Screen-Cheat Sheet 2.0.pdf
4MB, 1x1px
>>52688778
>>
>>52694088
>>52693995

Quick question, is GWM once a turn, or can it be applied to every attack?
>>
>>52694150
Ita can be applied to every attack.
>>
>>52694150
Every attack, including the proc Bonus Action attack.
>>
>>52694118
>One fateful night, while deep in meditation, you received an intense vision from the sleeping god Auppenser. He inspired you, and hundreds of other monks like you from all over the world, to leave their hermitages and monasteries, travel to Faerun, seek each other out, and challenge one another. The Sleeping God referred to this challenge as "The Gathering". Whoever emerges victorious in the end will win "The Prize", great power and the right to be called Auppenser's Chosen. You have decided to leave your home, wander to Faerun, and accept Auppenser's challenge. Remember Auppenser's haunting words... "There can be only one."
>>
>>52694177
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkeGMaq0O98
>>
>>52694177
Highlander... okay not bad I guess?
>>
>>52694198
im watching it now :3
>>
As a fighter, may I use 2 dash action? quadrupling my speed with dash action surge dash.
>>
Reminder that the downtime UA's magic item crafting does not require you know any magic, only that you find the formula, have an appropriate tool or Arcana proficiency, and get the secret ingredient for a given item.
>>
>>52694229
move, dash, surge, dash
>>
>>52694229
Multiclass Rogue for 2, and you can Bonus-action Dash for x8 speed, have haste cast for Haste-action dash for x16 speed. Yeah, it multiplies.
>>
>>52694118
Hoopoe... Roc... Phoenix... Aarakocra. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Phoenix Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an aarakocra named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he still has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world.
>>
Is minor illusion really that good? Per RAW, as a gnome, I can create an illusionary barrel or vase or bush or something and just hide in it and be invis, unless someone investigates the object? It's unbelievably powerful if true.
>>
File: Fighter Dude Stats.png (21KB, 621x346px) Image search: [Google]
Fighter Dude Stats.png
21KB, 621x346px
>>52694166
>>52694161
>>52694088
>>52693995
>>52693926
>>52693923
>>52693867

Aight, here's what I got. This is using a TWF that scales with the number of attacks, and doesn't take in account shit like Hunter's Mark or Rage Damage, though if requested I can do that later.
>>
>>52694266
Hide is an action, and so is minor illusion. It'd take two turns to set up, versus one where you get behind some cover and hide.
>>
>>52694253
>not going 2 fighter, 2 rogue, and putting the rest into monk
>>
>>52694297
Oh yeah, and TWF Style doesn't give you any Mod to damage in this one.
>>
>>52694304

at least two turns if you don't want anyone to know you're in there, but only one turn to break line of sight to everyone
>>
>>52694309
>Someone post the fucking Lightspeed-Catfolk.
>>
>>52694325
It makes you functionally invisible (heavily obscured) but doesn't "hide" you. Unless you take an action to stifle your breathing and calm your movement, you'll be easily noticed where you are.
>>
File: Tabaxi express.png (116KB, 759x706px) Image search: [Google]
Tabaxi express.png
116KB, 759x706px
>>52694343
Choo-choo.
>>
>>52694325
A guard comes and you use minor illusion to hide yourself behind a barrel, you've broken line of sight and he can't see you.

However, without the hide-action, it's assumed that he can hear your shuffling, the movement of your clothes as you cast the spell, or quietly chant the verbal components, or even as you just try to get ready to hide, it's assumed he has enough information to go "There is someone over there."
>>
File: 5e fastbaxi plus.png (286KB, 783x363px) Image search: [Google]
5e fastbaxi plus.png
286KB, 783x363px
>>52694375
That's an old version. UA has sped that up by a few hundred mph.
>>
>>52694346
>>52694385

yeah but breaking line of sight gets you a lot of things.You can't be counterspelled in that barrel for one, even if they know where you are. Still worth it in a lot of scenarios.
>>
>>52694410
Oh for sure, Minor Illusion is a fantastic cantrip with a ton of uses, it's just not super-powerful in combat scenarios.
>>
>>52691560

Because Combat is fun.

If you can restrain yourself you'll be fine.
>>
>>52694429

I think using a cantrip to make yourself immune to any spell requiring sight (plus don't you impose disadvantage on attack rolls while in there?) is powerful as hell
>>
A player wants to use the Kor race from the Planeshift Zendikar. I'm having trouble thinking of a place for them in the setting but the current idea is people who live in giant hollowed out glaciers that they climb up and down.

Anyone have a better idea?
>>
My DM is doing a thing with my wild mage sorcerer where, when I cast a spell that deals acid, cold, fire, lightning, poison, or thunder damage, I have to make an Arcana roll equal to 10 + the spell's level. If I fail the roll, I have to roll a d6, and the spell uses a new damage type depending on what I rolled, and has a higher chance of triggering my wild magic. Sound fun to you? It makes my casting insane and chaotic, which fits the theme.
>>
>>52694385
>>52694346
On the topic of Illusionary barriers. How do they work, since "Uses an action to investigate." seems pretty fucking vauge. Like, say you make an illusion of a barrier, or fence of some kind, and the orc comes up and tries to shove through it.

Does he immediately fall through it and go "Oh, it was an illusion." Or does that just count as his action testing it, and if he fails his Investigation, it's assumed he didn't quite figure out why there wasn't any real resistance, but through instinct of obviously he can't PHASE through it, so he doesn't move through it subconiously.

If you make an illusion of a warrior and the bandit attacks it, his sword passing through. What happens? Does it just assume that the bandit doesn't notice that there was no recoil, and justifies it in his mind with no real chance of realising it is an illusion until he says "Hold on a moment" and spend an action just testing it.

Or is it one of those things that the first wasted attack reveals it, or at the least, reveals it enough to make him think about using his action to test it.
>>
>>52694402
>multiclassing
>with UA
>>
As a DM, I allow my players to create a small illusion with Minor Illusion, and as long as they are within it, and the enemy did not see them go into it, they are pretty safe. The only way for them to be discovered is if they sneeze or if the enemy happens to put his hand through whatever illusion they are hiding in, or something like that. They can even attack from it and be safe, but I require them to make a stealth check each time as part of the attack. A natural 1 makes them fall down or fart or something and become exposed. If an enemy sees them run into an illusion they simply aren't fooled.
>>
>>52694455
He's from the world of Zendikar and somehow got warped into your setting. He's trying to get back home.
>>
>>52694460
Insane and Chaotic fits the theme. However, every spell you cast requires an extra 1d20 roll to compare, and an extra 1d6 roll to compare, this will quite insanely drag the fights on and waste a lot of time for stupid things like..

"I cast firebolt."
"Okay, roll to see if it wildshifts."
"Does it matter, goblins have no resistances or vulnerabilities."
"Just do it."
"Ugh fine, it's Electricbolt."
"Hah, cool."

Wildmagic Sorcerer is a fucking joke of a class and I think the weakest archtype around on one of the weakest classes. Wild-magic table is a joke and is neither fun nor interesting. "Whoopsie Poopsies, I rolled badly and TPK'd the party!" "Ruh Roh haha, my character has blue hair and is now burping bubbles!", Of course, unlike every other option in the game, Wildmagic is 100% dependant on the GM choosing to LET you roll on the wild-magic table, It is one hundred percent allowed by the GM if he proactively CHOOSES to let you activate it again, otherwise you get once use out of your shitty abilities and meme table.

I'd suggest some ways to fix it, but I really really can't think of any. Its easy spell-design wise to make a fun sorcerer using Chromatic Orb, Chaos-bolt, Colour Spray, Confusion and similar effects but the Archtype is so bad.
>>
>>52694519
>A natural 1 makes them fall down or fart or something and become exposed
Was decent up until then. Natural 1's do absolutely nothing on skill checks and only make attacks miss. Not some "lol master swordsman has a 5% chance of stabbing himself".
>>
>>52694491
this is the tastiest meme
>>
>>52694543
I know man; reading is 2spicy.
>>
>>52694539
It does absolutely something because I have decided that it does. "Make a Stealth check as part of the attack. If you roll a 1 on the Stealth check, you become exposed to your target."

>"lol master swordsman has a 5% chance of stabbing himself"
What the fuck are you talking about. Do you play a druid?
>>
Anyone watching the new Anne of Green Gables series? It's good
>>
>>52694585
I'm more offended that you add something that makes them look like a Saturday morning kids cartoon antagonist. If you want to make skill checks fail on a natural 1 that's fine, even if it doesn't make sense for a well trained person to have a 5% chance of failing a simple task they've done for years.

Also I play an Enchanter and a Deepstalker in different games if you must know.
>>
>>52694533
>Colour Spray

what the fuck happened? I don't have much experience outside 5E but I remember in Neverwinter Nights Color Spray was one of my favorite low level spells. When I tried 5e I took one look at it and decided I was never using that shit.
>>
>>52694638
Ah good old 3e color spray. Making sure that caster supremacy was already online at level 1.
>>
>>52694624

If anything this guy is buffing the fuck out of stealth by allowing them to remain hidden if they don't roll a nat 1. RAW no matter how good your attack is, the enemy knows you're there afterward unless you have a specific feat.
>>
>>52694266
Remember, if you create a barrel in the middle of a lava field or grassy plain, someone will probably think that that is weird.

Remember, if you create a barrel in the middle of a horrific warzone, someone else will probably try to hide in it.

Remember, it's not a real barrel.
>>
>>52694539
Our GM rules that on skill check, a Nat 1 is counted as a -5, a Nat20 is counted as 25.

so if you roll a Nat 20, your -1STR Wizard can grapple with a 24, but unfortunately the Barbarian rolled a 12, but has a massive bonus, so still wins.

In Combats, Natural 1's are fumbles, your character loses any unspent movement, actions or bonus actions, cannot take reactions this turn. If you are already have attack rolls to resolve, such as via the Extra-Attack feature, or spells such as Scorching Rays, you may resolve them. Your turn then ends, representing that you've lost your footing and given your enemies the chance to outmaneuver you.

He does, occasionally play the "Nat 1, extra something bad happens." if the situation calls for it, such as knocking over a lantern and causing a small fire, or falling prone if you were fighting atop some tables or on uneven, slippery ground.

The most bullshit and memorable time was when we were attacked by a flying creature in a sewer dungeon, who was trying to pull us off a ledge into the literal shit-soup water 40ft below.

Our ranger rolls a rapier attack when it gets close, Nat 1, his +1 Rapier goes splash into the water.
Our fighter who is grappled by the creature shoots it with her +2 hand-crossbow, splash.
The next turn, our Monk flourishes his +2 Quarterstaff and attacks. Splash.

So we then had to finish the encounter with back up weapons, our Sharpshooter dropping to her shortsword because she didn't bring a spare ranged weapon, then had to dive into literal poop-water, rolling con-saves vs disease and the like to fish out our weapons.
>>
>>52687480
I don't understand this meme. The wizard in my high level group actually has less damage a round than a fighter with 3 attacks. And if you're a dm worth anything you'll be taxing the players resources throughout and not let them now everything on one fight
>>
New thread >>52694739
>>
>>52694697
It's not about DPR. It's about what can or can't be done by each side. Wizards who can cast 5th level spells can simply Wall of Force a melee character and destroy him at will. With no save or hope of escape. He can Polymorph into something with a CR equal to his level, which would be a challenge to an entire PARTY of people of his level. He can Forcecage. He can hold person at level 3. And on an on. He can shield from level 1, so if you duel him you better kill him in one turn. You will not win against a competantly played wizard.
>>
>>52694671

But I mean, what's even the point in 5e? I blind them for 1 round, but I can't even take advantage of it since I used my action to blind them. They can still attack me at disadvantage, and by the time I get to do something else we're right back to square one except I'm down a spellslot. At least make it 2 rounds so I get to hit them while blinded or something.
>>
>>52694624
How fucking dumb are you that you think ninja's never trip ever
>>
>>52694229
It doesn't multiply.
>>52694253
Haste is the only multiplier there.

You would move, dash, AS dash, BA dash, Haste dash for five times your doubled speed. 10x base.
>>
>>52694489
Try reading the whole spell then come back if you still have questions. You probably will because illusions are confusing at best, but this part is clear.
>>
>>52694585
The worst part of this is that attacking is supposed to reveal you/your location.
>>
>>52687675

What's wrong with crossbow expert? The fact that you can take it to make crossbows not suck at the cost of a feat, or because people erroneously think that that removing the "loading" quality allows you to reload them without free hands?
>>
>>52696777
That Hand Crossbows become by far the best ranged option in the game.
Thread posts: 382
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.