[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My players were just sent to protect a tavern from a hostile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 266x189px
My players were just sent to protect a tavern from a hostile takeover. Instead of helping the owners, who were being held hostage, they killed the hostage takers, then murdered the hostages and started burning down the tavern. The person who sent them, an influential and powerful member of the local government, was watching them with a crystal ball, and so is aware of what they've done. As of the close of the session they're trapped in a barricaded, burning bar. Where should I go from here? Because I'm kind of at a loss.

D&D 4e, if it helps.
>>
> inb4 have you tried not playing D&D?

Trust me, I've tried.
>>
>>52677613
Have you tried using systems less conductive to murderhobo retardation?
>>
>>52677596
Kill them? In game, obviously.

Or arrest, then execute. It doesn't sound like there's much else that can be done with them.
>>
>D&D 4e, if it helps.
Pretty much explains everything, yes.
>>
>>52677596
Have you tried not recruiting spetsnaz as players?
>>
>>52677635
>>52677682
I know you guys just want to do your usual "lets shit on this popular system" but for once this is clearly a player problem.

changing to gurps or fate or whatever won't suddenly make OP players any less shit.
>>
>>52677596
See this is one of the few times a "rocks-fall-you-die" situation would be acceptable. Make it so the nation they're in is pissed at them, and just abuse DM powers to make it so they can't leave the nation. Use this as a way to teach them that murder hoboing every problem will bring them nothing but pain.
>>
>>52677596
Get them inside the rat infested basement and tunnel through their nest to get out.
>>
Well, where do you want to go from there?

If you'd like them to stop doing what they're doing, you'll need to have a conversation with them OOC about what kinds of games you'd like to run and they'd like to play.

If you just want to know what comes next, a few ideas:

1. There's a basement! They can escape down there! Weird, there's cracks in the wall. Weird, bashing the wall open reveals a tunnel leading down. Weird, there's terrible eyeless THINGS lurking within these forgotten passages.

2. They unbarricade themselves. Rebels who hate the government find and recruit them. Your party no doubt has a long and productive relationship with them and doesn't get ambushed by rebel and loyalist forces alike for the rest of the campaign.

3. They're captured. The governor is pissed. Not execute them pissed, that'd be too quick. Hurl them into the Pits of Tarkul the Mad pissed. They say great treasure blah blah, also if somebody could stop it from occasionally vomiting snakemen zombies that'd be great. Have fun in the pit, kids.
>>
>>52677711
Pfft, everyone knows murderhobos instantly transform into cunning diplomats and noble knights when forced to play a system with dangerous, somewhat poorly designed combat.

>>52677671
>>52677712
You guys ever actually tried this? I always wonder when I see this advice.
>>
>>52677711
You're right of course.
Players that were drawn in with promises of 4e will be even less functional in other systems.
>>
They made their bed, now they have to sleep in it.
>>
>>52677860
D&D 4e is the least popular edition m8, you're just wasting your sick burns preaching to the choir
>>
>>52677596
>The person who sent them, an influential and powerful member of the local government, was watching them with a crystal ball, and so is aware of what they've done. As of the close of the session they're trapped in a barricaded, burning bar. Where should I go from here?
They have to deal with the consequences of being trapped in a barricaded burning bar as the powerful member of the government sends people after them for what they did. Honestly, the consequences of their actions seem pretty self explanatory. The only question is whether you're willing to keep running a game for these people.
>>
>>52677596
Some kind of demon lord of murderhoboing starts whispering sweet nothings in the PCs ears.
>>
>>52677818
I mean, death is a logical consequence, right? You aren't just pulling all your punches unwilling to punish your PCs no matter what they do?

They're barricaded in a burning bar, just nail up the doors and let them bust out into a wall of pikes. NBD.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.