[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 52

File: World of Darkness.jpg (394KB, 1032x837px) Image search: [Google]
World of Darkness.jpg
394KB, 1032x837px
Previous thread: >>52645401

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-cursed-necropolis-rio/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/do-me-a-favor-prince-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
If you could make a new clan/bloodline for Vampire the Masquerade, what would it be? Bonus points if you include a signature discipline.
>>
>>52669694
I apologize, OP, I don't play VtM, turned away from that back in '01 when the hot goth chicks stopped playing it.
>>
What the fuck happened to the last thread?
>>
>>52669823
Troll was starting shit, and rather than deleting the troll, guy killed the whole goddamn thread.
I was actually stunned for a moment, haven't seen that kind of scorched earth bullshit since the /wst/ nonsense.
>>
Hi.
I'm going to play VtM for the first time this weekend.
I was thinking about playing a malkavian, because someone told me something about Malkavians being able to alter reality, but I can't find anything in the matter, except a power called "Deny".
Could any of you help me out, where can I find a bit more detailed description about this "reality altering" stuff?
>>
>>52669882
>I was thinking about playing a malkavian
Do not.
It will end poorly for you, and involve aggravation for everyone else.
Further, you were lied to, Chymistry alters reality, to a point.
>>
>>52669882
IIRC there's a 10-dot Chimerstry (Ravnos) power called "Reality" that basically lets you control how people perceive reality.
>>
>>52669823

I guess some leftie mod was seriously triggered.
>>
>>52670062
Don't bring it back, cuntwaffle.
>>
>>52669882
Malkavians are not really able to "alter reality" in any way... that's more the Ravnos clan's speciality, though only at the higher levels.

See, the Malkavians' clan discipline is Dementation: it's basically "I turn people insane in various ways".

The Ravnos have Chimerstry, which is used to craft illusions and such. At the higher levels (Methuslah-rated vamps and above, which is not something you'll ever probably see), Chimerstry can be used to essentially obliterate people or objects out of space and time by making an illusion so powerful that the universe itself will believe it, if enough successes are garnered on the roll.

But anyways, if you're playing a malkavian for the first time, remember that malkavians are insane. Not Looney Tunes insane in the "run up and slap them with a fish"-way, but rather insane in a "the voices tell me that I have to murder someone every full moon, otherwise the world will end"-way.

So, y'know, roleplay your Malkavian as creepy and demented, rather than "oh lol im so random, lullerskates, roflmao".
>>
do you guys think we can go a whole without a Vampirefag-Magefag pissing contest?
>>
thanks to the guy who posted geist stories last thread
>>
I can't seem to figure this out, I'm new to WtA and made a character the other day [for a game that's probably not going to happen] and got kind of stuck on using freebie points. Most of it was straight forward, except for the buying of gifts, it doesn't really say anything about buying off-auspice gifts with your freebie points, it just says that in order to buy a gift with freebie points you'd need to spend 7 freebie points to do it.

can a ragabash buy falling touch at creation? or an auhron buy mother's touch? did I miss something?
>>
>>52670293
No, sadly.
>>
>>52670293
>do you guys think we can go a whole without a Vampirefag-Magefag pissing contest?

At that rate, I might as well read the OPP forums.
>>
File: 2017-04-12 10.28.35.png (287KB, 1077x1291px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-12 10.28.35.png
287KB, 1077x1291px
>>52664886
Well I posted this in the last thread right as it died. So I'm going to repost it.
The hedge is part of the Fallen world. And DaveB has mentioned that in his own head cannon the hedge is barrier the mages have to pass to go from dreaming to their personal soul.

While I honestly love that, it doesn't give with what I have planned for Arcadia. So don't use it.
>>
>>52670642
*go with
>>
Thoughts on this idea?

Demon: the Descent game, set in Luoyang, capital of Han China, in 184. Because China is one of the only places in the world with a complex bureaucracy at this point, the God-Machine uses that as essentially one massive piece of infrastructure, or as a lot of smaller pieces of infrastructure working together, depending on your perspective. This is when the Yellow Turban Rebellion is starting, and in the coming decades the empire is going to collapse into the Three Kingdoms.
The players can't see the future, but the writing is on the wall; the bureaucracy has gotten too complicated for its own good. The players watch the God-Machine struggle desperately to maintain the empire, and (depending on their own proclivities) either help put on end to the empire or take advantage of the ensuing chaos for their own ends.
>>
>>52670693
Should note that this was inspired by the Three Kingdoms dark eras chapter but I think Changeling is lame and the ideas for a Geist game it presents seem pretty one-dimensional.
>>
File: 28586362.jpg (191KB, 606x670px) Image search: [Google]
28586362.jpg
191KB, 606x670px
>>52670383

At character creation, you can only buy gifts that correspond to your character's breed, auspice and tribe, even when using freebie points.

Out-of-tribe gifts and such are generally meant to be acquired through gameplay and storytelling, and is generally not intended for new characters: the game kinda assumes you'd be a young werewolf looking for glory (or whatever is appropriate), rather than an already-hardened veteran with loads of out-of-tribe connections.
>>
>>52670642

Do you have the link to Dave's post about the Hedge?
>>
>nWoD 2e
just making a touch attack against in opponent doesn't subtract defense?
>>
File: ak47.jpg (67KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
ak47.jpg
67KB, 360x500px
http://www.vekn.net/card-lists/370-anthology

Probably only one other person in these threads cares, but new Anthology set preview is up on VEKN.

It's nice to have a new printed set out there but I'm kinda bummed about tap/untap being replaced with lock/unlock, and changing the card backs again is kinda lame.
>>
Anyone here ever play Exalted? How does it compare to World of Darkness?
>>
>>52670293

How can vampires even compete?
>>
>>52670835
Yeah here.
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/werewolf-the-forsaken/988291-werewolves-and-the-astral-wat-do
>>
>>52670830
thanks

specifically thinking about the ragabash getting their hands on falling touch might make for an interesting character aspiration as a trickster expanding the tools in their arsenal
>>
>>52670830

SJW's and leftists have ruined blacks for me. Everytime I see a black person in any media I now think of politics and that he might just be there for political points. I even played black characters sometimes before the world went mad, I'd just feel uncomfortable doing that now.
>>
>>52670958

Vtes is/was honestly the best CCG. Can't believe it, and most others, lost to fucking MAGIC of all games.
>>
>>52670937
To just touch him in combat? No defense penalty.
>>
So ive been interested on WoD and CoD for a while now, and i really enjoy reading about a lot of the lore and background, but i have a really dumb question i can't find an explicit answer on.

Is there a core rulebook for either WoD or CoD, and then i get the other books to branch of from there? Or if i buy just the book with the creatures/stuff i am interested will i have everything i need to play?
>>
>>52671585
CofD's core rule book is simply named World of Darkness, supplemented by a book called the God Machine Chronicle. you'll probably at least need the core and the supplement around if you don't read them cover to cover because they do things like foot chases and such that splat core books don't cover. I'm sure it's pretty similar for oWoD/20
>>
>>52671585
Old World of Darkness had separate rules for everything
NWoD/CofD 1e had a core rulebook + supplements for each splat. 2e moved back to the model of only needing 1 book.
>>
>>52671579
thanks
>>
>>52671639
>>52671643
Thanks for the quick replies. Very helpful
>>
File: 1477589955999.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1477589955999.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>52671501
What did (you) mean by this?
>>
File: wws.jpg (41KB, 361x500px) Image search: [Google]
wws.jpg
41KB, 361x500px
>>52671530
come play via lackey, there's too few of us. Also pick related is best weapon.
>>
File: 28190594._UY1089_SS1089_.jpg (295KB, 840x1088px) Image search: [Google]
28190594._UY1089_SS1089_.jpg
295KB, 840x1088px
>>52671643
>2e moved back to the model of only needing 1 book.

So why would I need the Chronicles of Darkness corebook then? I mean, just to play regular non-Hunter humans or something?
>>
>>52671692

I can't just see a black character, like the man in the picture i quoted, and think 'cool pic'. Because of all the gender and race politics, and the many cases of actual blatant political injections (Like Null Snyper and the whole of beast), my mind now immediately wanders to those topics and ruin it.
>>
>>52671707
Basically. I think there are a few rules specific to that book but they're not critical. The book also contains the God Machine Chronicle.
>>
>>52671701

That is not a hunting rifle.

Also, I prefer to play with my IRL friends, I had the luck that we found a store online that sold a lot of unopened boxes last year for not too bad a price, so me and my friends are sitting on a lot of cards we've collected over the years. We have like 12 clans or so with a fair amount of cards if we count all of us, but we kind of burned out on the game last year, played it too much. Perhaps we'll pick it up again in the future, it sucks that some clans are basically impossible to get ahold of though (like Lasombra).
>>
>>52671707

The lazy fucks didn't even change the cover, huh? They should've just stuck a big fucking owl on there.
>>
>>52669882
Did he say "reality busting"? Because Malkavians tend to have very different perspectives and a tradition of inflicting them on everyone else through inexplicable scheming and stunts. They called it that sometimes when they wanted it to sound more serious than "pranking".
>>
>>52669694
I would try to incorporate Jiang Shi, probably has a Ventrue bloodline. Maybe has a failed attempt to take over the East in the 18th century?
>signature discipline
Ferventis, make you jump real good.
>>
File: hth.jpg (83KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
hth.jpg
83KB, 358x500px
>>52671812
>>52671812
Did you mean sniper rifle? Only works with wall decks. Salubri antitribu with melee weapons is crazy. You'll be burning guys in combat, not just torping them. Also they have pic related. Just play like 10-15 of them and get all of the love in the table.
>>
>>52670693
>Cao Cao: The Rising
I'd play that shit.
>prevent Cao Ang's death at Wancheng, preventing that sop Cao Pi from coming to power
>eliminate the Three Kingdom's era from history
>>
>>52671988

Ah, I meant the deer rifle. That fucker is cheap and gives a free maneuver, really annoying to face if you (like me) often rely on cards for maneuvers.

The sniper rifle is pretty good, but has the problem of being scary/annoying, so the vamp will be targeted with all kinds of crap just to neutralize him quick either for actual game reasons or for the annoyance-factor.
>>
>>52671988

Also, lol yeah, our games have devolved into bounce/reduce-fests plenty of times.
>>
>>52671753
Then you realize that the problem is you, and your following those who tell you that a "minority" in any kind of public position is an "agenda".
>>
>>52671988
I played Malk 94 vs a Saulot deck as prey that had like 30 of these last weekend, it was brutal.
>>
Hey there was a vampfag here the other week that wanted to make a day walker bloodline. I got a idea of how to implement it.

Have their Blessing and Bane be synced.

Bloodline gift: When the sun begins to rise the vampire may spend 1 vitae to suppress the beast allowing him to ignore the call of daysleep and the lethargic condition. furthermore while the beast is suppressed the vampire's blood potency is treated as 0, allowing them to walk in daylight once more.

Bloodline bane: Suppressing the beast comes at a great cost. While walking in day the vampire is limited to spending their Stamina in vitae for the entire day and may only spend 1 vitae per turn.
Furthermore when the beast is suppressed it takes the vampire's humanity with it. During any day the vampire stays awake as well as the following night, the vampire's humanity for the purposes of banes is reduced by the same amount their vampire's blood potency was reduced by. (For example a blood potency 4 vampire with 6 humanity is treated as having 2 humanity for banes.)
>>
>>52672142

The problem is not just me, there very clearly is an actual agenda in several places in the media, that would be foolish to deny. It's just that it ruins it for actual well-placed minorities.

Do not say that there is not an agenda...
> Black James Bond
> Black Mannerheim
> Black N from Death note
> Black norse god in Thor
> Black female Iron man
> Female Thor
> Mexican Spider man
> Null Snyper will be my sole example fron WoD, though I could throw in most of CofD here
> Black protag of the Dark Tower
> Black Hermonie
> etc etc
>>
>>52672291

*L, been a while
>>
File: ivorybow.jpg (42KB, 375x513px) Image search: [Google]
ivorybow.jpg
42KB, 375x513px
>>52672122
>has the problem of being scary/annoying
Most annoying ranged weapon is probably pic related imo
>>
>>52672122
Deer rifle is fine with some ammo stuff. Though of all the ranged weapons I prefer saturday night special and ivory bow. And that's only when playing ahrimanes. They have the best maneuvers. Swiftness of the stag and leapfrog are insanely good.
Vtes is just such a ballsy game. I have this fun type deck I like to play, that I call alley snakes. Crypt is only aabbt kindred and the main idea is for them to go get sport bikes, leather jackets, nightsticks and in combat they target vitals. The win condition is anarch revolt and smiling jack.
>>
>>52672291
>> Mexican Spider man
surely you're not shittalking Migs of spiderman 2099
>>
>>52672233
I think 30 might be going a bit overboard, but if it's saulot+ weenie and saulot giving them the aus/fort prevent and just staying up and going through hth on everyone, then that might be cool(rage inducing).
>>
File: snowflakes.png (194KB, 2480x2480px) Image search: [Google]
snowflakes.png
194KB, 2480x2480px
>>52672291
they have a name for that
get mad
>>
What are your favorite discipline combinations in vtes? I like anything aus+fort. I'm really fond of harbingers. Also obf+aus horde is fun if I want to try hard. Out of the big guys saulot and capuchin are my husbandos.
>>
File: 187136.jpg (21KB, 319x450px) Image search: [Google]
187136.jpg
21KB, 319x450px
>>52672379
So simple even Elder can figure it out!
>>
>>52672569
Dom + anything
>>
>>52670062
No one cares
Take your shit somewhere else retard
>>
>>52670830
>>52671219
You know, I was thinking that it was incorrect, then I reread the character creation section in W20 and couldn't find any reference to starting with out of Breed/Auspice/Tribe Gifts.
Personally I'd allow you to start with one "out" Gift if you could make up a cool story for how your character earned it, which could be difficultwithout overdoing it considering starting werewolv es are barely out of their Rite of Passage.
>>
>>52672291
I agree with you entirely, but you're still causing a problem by letting it get to you. They WANT you to focus on race. If they can make you froth at the mouth and start screaming whenever you see a black character, they've won, because they've made you into what they claim you are without having to make themselves look bad.
>>
>>52673434
This. It doesn't matter what the actual reasons are for your reaction; they can just point to somebody having fits about black people or trans people or black trans people or what the fuck ever showing up and say haha look at this triggered MRA shitlord.
>>
File: cheatthefates.jpg (71KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
cheatthefates.jpg
71KB, 360x500px
>>52672569

This >>52672880
I've always wanted to try a Tem + Pre deck
>>
File: geist.png (717KB, 787x629px) Image search: [Google]
geist.png
717KB, 787x629px
Does anyone have a PDF of Geist: The Sin-Eaters 1.1? Apparently the version in the Megabin is 1.0 and I hear it's full of errors and can't find any errata, nor can I find 1.1 anywhere. I'm running a NWoD game and would like to include as many splats as possible.
Thanks.
>>
File: coffee.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>52673934

>Geist
>>
>>52673977
Delet this
>>
In a Post Gehenna scenario, which clans would rise up to become the most dominant? I was thinking.

Gangrel: They survive. It's what they do.

Ventrue: Their antediluvian is already dead. Not much changes for them.

Nosferatu: Their antediluvian fucking hates them. They get blown the fuck out.

Setites: Also get blown the fuck out.

Tremere: Cosmic justice calls for the blood wizards to get fucked in one way or another.

Toreador: Being pretty won't save them.

Giovanni: Augustus gets fucked up. Giovanni get BTFO.

Brujah: Survive through it more or less.The righteous indignation of their site cracking skulls and all that shit.

Tzimisce and Lasombra: Like the idea of these two becoming something far more horrifying than the average cainite.

Ravnos: All things considered, I think they got off pretty good by comparison.

Samedi: Fills the void left by the nossie.

Caitiff: Make up an overwhelming majority of the population.
>>
File: idc.jpg (46KB, 600x509px) Image search: [Google]
idc.jpg
46KB, 600x509px
>>52673977
It's a Hunter game, not a Geist one, so it's okay if the mechanics are a little fucky. I'd just like to have the cell deal with them.
>>
>>52674208
The Tremere goyim and the Giovanni have to be killed for their obvious Jewish ways. Or in typical WOD fashion you can make retribution just out of their reach. Set and the True Brujah are retards too, an ideal world would show them getting what they had coming to them. Also fuck the rules. Caine dies for his daddy issues.
>>
File: awakening spell flowchart.png (674KB, 2048x1332px) Image search: [Google]
awakening spell flowchart.png
674KB, 2048x1332px
This is totally useless for 2e, right?
Does anyone have a 2e style one?
>>
>>52672390
He probably means Miles Morales.
>>
File: homura_grin.jpg (241KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
homura_grin.jpg
241KB, 600x525px
>>52673913
>Tem + Pre deck
>whole crypt is Scarce
>whole crypt is Capacity 8+
absolute madman
>>
File: hhhhhhhah.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhhhah.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
>>52674270

>Hunter
>>
File: yu09BfQ.png (170KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
yu09BfQ.png
170KB, 346x346px
>>52674693
I dunno what your problem with Hunter is, but the game's been going strong for a while now, using the splat books for monsters
>>
>>52674588
>This is totally useless for 2e, right?
Yes.
>Does anyone have a 2e style one?
No. But the 2e core has a handy summery in the back.
>>
File: pppfffftttt.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pppfffftttt.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>52674934

>the game's been going strong for a while now
>>
>>52674950
Damn. I was hoping for a charming chart to print out for my game.
>>
File: Mage 2e Quick Reference.pdf (7MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Mage 2e Quick Reference.pdf
7MB, 1x1px
>>52675010

>Mage 2e Quick Reference
>>
Hello Everyone.
I was wondering if I could get some expert Eyes to look over my character Sheet and tell me if everything is in line, and works?
I should mention that the ST gave us 1 dot of Cabal (Pylon) Theme for free because of how well we did putting it together. And the time we spent researching our theme.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e2jG3LEsmBhxMV5icoCWpsty-Yqkf7h2SNesOHlfGoo/edit?usp=sharing

I turned on Comments to make it easy to make notes.
>>
>>52670062
Fuck off, /pol/
>t.Trump voting /k/ommando
>>
>>52670293
Yes but we have to have political talk instead. Make your choice.
>>
>>52675458
Help the new Mage Player with his character? That's an option you know.
>>
>>52675458
Political talk.

I'd rather hear /pol/ talk.

That's what magefags have done to me.
>>
I think the proposed mage antagonist from the last thread was rather blatant proof that Mage is leagues above Vampire in every conceivable way.

It's annoying that one of the main three game-lines is also among the strongest three
>>
>>52675227
Honestly I'm not sure about your back story. Helping people to help themselves isn't much of a seer virtue.
>>
>>52675227
You mentioned getting the Cabal Theme for free. Seer characters get the dot of Occult as well as High Speech and Status 1 for free, right? Since you spent 5 merit dots on gnosis, and you got those 3 dots for free, you should have a total of 8, but you have 7. I think you have another dot to spend.
>>
>>52675510
>It's annoying that one of the main three game-lines is also among the strongest three

???
>>
What's the status on that Beast rewrite?
>>
>>52675510
you mean
>UNDERESTIMAGING at its finest
>>
>>52675571
Core Three
>Requiem
>Forsaken
>Awakening

Big Three
>Descent
>Curse
>Awakening

Notice Mage having a spot in both trinities?
They're also the only splat with a god-tier Template, the Archmasters.
>>
>>52671753
Dude, you're swinging the pendulum too far the other way. Yeah, all of this shit happened and it's awful but the tack that you've taken amounts to allowing these people to define you.

And that means that you've lost. You will be whatever they expect you to be.
>>
>>52674282
They bet on big Hail Mary rituals when everything starts waking up because their oldest members are little baby methuselahs, it blows up, scattered survivors are hounded by Baali and Skulls.
>>
>>52675592
The baddie had the following stats
>Gnosis 6
>Death 5 Fate 5 Matter 4 Forces 3 Time 1
>Bokor Legacy

This isn't even close to "underestimaging"
The vampires in this scenario are fucking done for.
>>
What kind of monster do you want to see get a splat?
>>
>>52675559
Seers get Status 1 Free? I didn't know that.
>>
>>52675619
Changeling is popular enough for it to be considered the fourth of the classical three.
>>
>>52675555
Umm...What? I don't see anything in the history section that mentions helping others help themselves. He's a Lawyer. He'll help people get a divorce and a good alimony payment.

He does Pro bono work at the shelter his sister was murdered at in order to entice the gang that killed her to come back after him as he ruins their members lives.

But nothing there says Helping other hep themselves. Though this is version 3.11 of this character and he was originally an Obrimos who's day Job was as a motivational speaker.
>>
>>52675700
I'm not sure exactly, I don't know the rules for a Seer character. Is it the same as with Orders? I inferred it is because you took the free Occult and High Speech dots that Order members get. Page 80 says that you take both those and the status dot.
>>
>>52675227
you spelled conquer wrong in the aspiration
preatorian (in order section) is spelled praetorian
you should have more narrow a specialization in occult than "creature lore"
your eatheral aura should be "ethereal"
your tilt should be spelled conqueror's and haughtiness
you didn't count your armored kevelar suit in your equipment, and spell it kevlar
you spelled pursuit persuit
mean time should be one word
conqure is spelled conquer
>>
>>52675780
...Holly mother of Fuck my spelling sucks.
But other than spelling errors everything looks good? No problems with Aspirations.
I'll narrow down that Occult Speciality to umm...what's the WoD term for other supernatural beings? You know like Werewolves, and Changelings? things that I want to Conquer and Enslave?
>>
File: 1371413496149.jpg (66KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1371413496149.jpg
66KB, 300x300px
I'm looking forward to function as the ST of VtM to my group of friends but I still don't get the combat system, no matter how many times I read it.
Coud someone post a simple greentext regarding how a vampire vs vampire combat would go?
>>
>>52675682
>The vampires in this scenario are fucking done for.
still underestimaging I see

okay I want your dumb ass to type up exactly how this baddie would fuck them and then stop and close the window because those PC's know at least as much about mage as you seem to think you do and would come up with ways to circumvent whatever it is you think this mage has over them.
>>
>>52675821
How about Monsters? I believe that's a suggested specialty.
>>
>>52675848

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/52655969/#52663280
>>
File: face in my palm.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
face in my palm.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>52675848
>magefaggot false flagging as an idiot

Even mage-haters are going to see through your guise and comprehend just how much chaos a multi-degree Master of such caliber can sow.

Five dots in Fate alone is going to cause hell on earth for the Kindred.
>>
>>52675873
counter with
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/52655969/#52663442

only a single point was contested, and even if the PCs implemented it there are chances it still wouldn't turn pyrrhic
>>
>>52675970
>counter
That was hardly a counter, more so tips regarding the situation.

Not to mention the other anons that contested it. A swat team is fucked against three dots in Forces and especially five dots in Fate.
>>
>>52675970
The vampires are fucking dead.

Fucking deal with it. Jesus fucking Christ vampfags are so biased sometimes.
>>
>>52675821
also "psychic assault" not "psychic assualt"
>>
>>52675765
Okay fixed that Added Quickdraw Bow, So I can take Combat Archery later.
>>
>>52676078
At least I had all the right letters that time looks like my fingers were moving faster than my brain.
>>
>>52675758
Ahh okay I found that left over bit from when he was an Obrimos Motivational speaker and removed it to say he does Pro bono divorces.
>>
Reminder that mages are powerful enough to back up their hubris / arrogance and deal with non-mages relatively easily. Improvisation comes to them naturally, of course.

This 'underestiMAGE' term only applies to themselves dealing with their own in-setting issues, such as other mages, Supernal mysteries and Abyssal whatnot.
>>
who else thinks we should have a containment board for magefags like we do for ponyfags and poltards that can't go five seconds without bringing up their autistic obsessions?
>>
>>52676294
Wait.

Are you saying this isn't the Church of DaveB?
>>
Guys how do I get an unfleshed gf?
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12735417
>>
>>52676322
Don't take the name of our lord and savior in vain heathen.
>>
What can you pull off with Fate 3?
>>
>>52670062
It was a flaming pile of garbage, anon.

Do not mourn its passing.
>>
>>52676294
please god yes fuck these Adult Chuunibyou shits
>>
>>52676437
you can MAYBE just MAYBE keep a chevrolet vehicle from melting through one of their engine compartment coolant or air tubes. one or the other, but not both though. that requires fate 4.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F6RyPHaluA

every magefag so far
>>
There's certainly a lot of vitriol between splatfans here.
>>
So far have all the 2e books had 'dread powers' sections for making antagonists of their own type? If I just want to use these to cook up various monsters which are the ones I should have besides core and hunter?
>>
>>52676384
I'm a hunter primarily but I'd take the knot.
>>
The Mage games are both really interesting, with lots of potential for fun. I like them. I wish I could play them, or even discuss them with other people.

But I've been dealing with obnoxious Mage players, both face to face and on the internet, for OVER TWENTY FUCKING YEARS. Without fail, every single one of them that I've ever encountered has been uniformly (if in varying degrees) outright obnoxious and annoying whenever they discuss ANY game aside from Mage, and a lot of them when it's only Mage, too.

The other game lines, I've at least encountered one or two genuinely decent, likeable, and reasonable people when it came to their favored game and its relation to other people, or even people who play their game a way that they do not.

It leaves a mark on you, you know? It colors the game itself, despite my best efforts to overcome that imposed bias. I wish it wasn't this way, I wish I could enjoy and discuss Mage as I did when I only owned the Core, back before we had internet access in the mid-90s. But if wishes were horses, a werewolf player would probably be fucking one right now.
>>
File: 1487823256197.jpg (51KB, 552x442px) Image search: [Google]
1487823256197.jpg
51KB, 552x442px
>>52676603
I'm not sure what to say about that
>>
>>52676631
>But if wishes were horses, a werewolf player would probably be fucking one right now.
the wish, the mage, or the horse?
>>
File: 1490941282713.jpg (27KB, 654x258px) Image search: [Google]
1490941282713.jpg
27KB, 654x258px
>>52676679
Knowing werefags, all 3
>>
>>52676266
I fucking invented underestimaging, and you're a fucking retard.

You're probably the one asshole who immediately started posting in the original thread about how the only way to underestimage was for ANYONE ELSE to think mages can't do ANYTHING THEY WANT when everyone else was actually having a fun time making jokes about mages shenaniganing with my typo-turned /wod/ legacy.

Fuck off.
>>
>>52676437
In theory strengthen or weaken a changelings contracts. Open a door to the hedge. Create a supernatural contract. etc.
>>
>>52676745

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52676655
We're all gay here, anon.
>>
>>52676804
But are we gayer than /fit/?
>>
>>52676384
This triggers me. Please delete.
>>
>>52676820
You might as well ask if we're gayer than a crew of squids.
>>
>>52676849
How is this relating to your Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?
>>
File: tsundere mage.gif (150KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
tsundere mage.gif
150KB, 500x396px
>>52676384
>people voting tsundere
H-HOW ARE PEOPLE THIS DELUSIONAL

I-It's not like it's true or anything.
>>
>>52676849
Consensus is making is truer by the minute anon
>>
Where did the tsundere mage x werefag meme come from?
>>
File: 1488693172694.gif (847KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1488693172694.gif
847KB, 500x275px
>>52676884
>doesn't want the intimate companionship of a 9 foot tall wall of furry muscle with an insatiable sexual appetite

your loss fuccboi
>>
>>52676936
But werefags never want to spoon
>>
File: zillahsvalley.jpg (86KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
zillahsvalley.jpg
86KB, 360x500px
>>52674680
Zillah's Valleys + Villeins my bro
Who needs Cel anyways?
>>
>>52676998
I'm willing to bet werefags are more affectionate than magefags.
>>
>>52676498
>>52676753
Not a lot, huh? What about Life 3?
>>
>>52676918
Mid January I reckon.
>>
>>52677030
Fate at three dots can do a LOT, why not go read the corebook yourself?
>>
File: magefag takes the knot.png (44KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
magefag takes the knot.png
44KB, 200x200px
>>52676918
>>52677044
a month or so ago the WtA video game was announced and posted about on /v/

I, as in me, personally, took an interest in the werewolf ttrpgs. so I came here to learn about WoD and CofD and found an absolute CESSPIT filled with the absolute worst magefucks, the absolute worst members of the table top community that were basically unopposed and dominating thread after thread

until, that is, a fellow shitposter mentioned knots.

shortly before that thread started the original version of this image got posted and it clicked. if I wanted my time here to be at all enjoyable and to prompt discussion of anything that wasn't mage circlejerking, mage love of the knot would HAVE to become a thing.
>>
>>52677019
WRONG! MAGES ARE THE BEST!

THEY CAST AFFECTION SPELLS THAT MAKE WEREWOLVES LOOK LIKE ROBOTS!
>>
>>52676998
do you know how hard it is for someone 9 feet tall to spoon a 5'5" magelet without rolling over during sleep and squashing them like a stuffed animal? you can go ahead and cuddle whatever you can grasp though.
>>
>>52677019
Yeah...you're right. Mages are awful lovers
>>52677113
Make it work or else there's going to be some lawnchairing.
>>
>>52677066
WEREFAG GET OUT
>>
>>52676936
Not gonna lie. A 9' tall bara man that plays into my biting fetish is my dream.
>>
File: Obrimos.jpg (96KB, 540x587px) Image search: [Google]
Obrimos.jpg
96KB, 540x587px
>>
File: Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg (136KB, 781x509px) Image search: [Google]
Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg
136KB, 781x509px
>>52677019
>I'm willing to bet werefags are more affectionate than magefags.

These guys are obviously the most affectionate.
>>
>>52677280

KILL
THE
BAT
MAN
>>
>>52677066
>The meme to stand up to the oppression of the magefags.
>>
>>52675682
>Gnosis 6 Death 5 Fate 5 Matter 4 Forces 3 Time 1

I don't even think a Methuselah is going to triumph over this Master. Not even Zagreus would survive, and his Devotion is similar to 3-4 dots of Fate to begin with.
>>
IMPORTANT POLL TIME
http://poal.me/p0so4t
>>
>>52677337
Who the hell is Zagreus?
>>
>>52677373
>waifu
>not husbando
Shit poll
>>
>>52672291
>no one minds a blond Thor
>or an Asian norse god
>or a Mexican norse god
>or an English norse god
>but when you've included a Black norse god you've gone too far!

Sure thing, KKKuck
>>
>>52677373
Beasts are a pretty strong lead. Must be their ability to support their lovers with their dark blessings.
>>
>>52677405
well, they have to make a poll where the werewolves wouldn't win so they came up with that
>>
>>52677508
Not only that, you get monster cuddles too.
>>
dick eggs
>>
>>52677508
>4chan not being full of contrarians
>>
>>52672291
The only one of these that actually bothered me a bit was Idris Elba playing Roland, and that's only because it would actually have an impact on some things in the story where race was a factor, like with Detta and Odetta before they became Susannah, or how Roland was high nobility in a world where people were racist, and how there was some racism in the Calla, etc.

But on the other hand Idris would make a good Roland, and it's funny to think about a young black Roland cucking some old white mayor.

But what the fuck is this about a black Hermione?
>>
>>52677597
>But what the fuck is this about a black Hermione?

A black woman portrayed Hermione in a stage play that's set after the time of the novels, when all the cast of Harry Potter are all grown up.
>>
>>52677419
>or an Asian norse god
>or a Mexican norse god
>or an English norse god
>but when you've included a Black norse god you've gone too far!

None of these seem right to me though. Norse is Norse, you can't just apply different cultures and think you can get away with it.

>>no one minds a blond Thor
As long as Thor is still from the north I don't give a fuck

This isn't racism, it's getting annoyed at the total disregard of regional cultures.
I'm also annoyed by the constant white-washing of East Asian fiction.
>>
>>52677641
You mean in the Cursed Child? That's hilarious, and also "literally who cares?" tier of irrelevant. I read the script for it, it wasn't even good.
>>
>>52677724
I don't know the name of the play - in fact I only know about it from /tv/ chimping out about it.
>>
How far can Synpathetic Range reach? Is it enough to kill someone on the other side of the planet?
>>
>>52677922
Yes, and it doesn't add any difficulty at all iirc.

"Distance is an illusion" is the "Size matters not" of Space.
>>
>>52677956
So if I mixed both Space and Fate together, could I sow havoc upon the Russian Government?
>>
>>52677922
It just matters how big a piece of them you have. Their blood, jiz, or other bodily fluids are very sympathetic with them. So is their first born...

Their discarded toenails less so.
Their old toothbrush even less.
>>
>>52677989
You'd just need a piece of very one of them.

"Keep this Libre" Damn Captcha is becoming sentient and chiming in.
>>
>>52678009
Why not a Sympathetic Yantra that represents all of them? Or most.
>>
>>52678022
Like what? What piece of all of them could you have?
>>
>>52678032
A love letter from Putin?
>>
>>52677989
Yeah, but Russian Mages, especially Seers, would probably get a little rustled.
>>
>>52678032
Knowing Fate and how it works, wouldn't you only need to affect a single higher-up in the government to ruin it entirely? Fate spreads.
>>
Is tooth and nail our first look at 2e tactics and endowments?
>>
>>52677419

Why would we mind a NORSE GOD being blonde? I'm Swedish and a black Thor is like having a white, blonde Shaka Zulu or something (it's dumb). I didn't mention the others because I didn't want to spend five sentences on one movie, but it's also dumb and... a fucking AGENDA
>>
File: 1490512443472.gif (136KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1490512443472.gif
136KB, 500x281px
>>52677517
>tfw magefag
>tfw no werewolf husbando
>>
>>52678205
Because Thor was a redhead
>>
>>52678238
If you really want one stop being such a Tsundere bitch to the werewolves. Their own Bitches* are bad enough.

*Bitch a term meaning female dog. this is an attempt at a joke though for some reason I doubt a lot of people remember the fact that the term original meant female dog.
>>
>>52678032

Space 5 'Create Sympathy'
>>
What's SAS mean?
>>
>>52678275
And bearded. The beard is vital, that's where he keeps the hammer.
>>
>>52678410
If there's no magical oven mitt, I don't want anything to do with it.
>>
File: tumblr_m70p1pm2tQ1qb00rwo1_500.gif (947KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m70p1pm2tQ1qb00rwo1_500.gif
947KB, 500x270px
>>52677521
Man now I want a Beast Waifu...Just so long as her Horror isn't a spider. No Spiders...please no spiders.
>>
In the Dark Eras Companion it mentions Mages going out to cure the Black Death and dying miles from the nearest Obrimos.

How many mages were there in the 1300s, or how many mages are there as a ratio of a population?
>>
>>52678645
Did none of those mages have an inkling of Life?

Jeez.
>>
>>52678288
Werefags love the whole tsundere routine though
>>
>>52678724
No.

Werefags just want to stick their knots in every hole they can find.
>>
>>52678724
If that were the case that Mage would already have their Werewolf Husbando.
>>
Has anyone tried recasting one of the splats so the lore/mythos is totally different but all the rules still work?
>>
File: crying.gif (904KB, 500x253px) Image search: [Google]
crying.gif
904KB, 500x253px
>>52678777
>>52678778
This hurts so much
>>
File: don't laugh_face.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
don't laugh_face.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>52673977
>>52674693
>>52674968
Goddammit, anon.
>>
>>52678645
>>52678679
>Mages going out to cure the Black Death and dying miles from the nearest Obrimos.

Hubris

And... miles from the nearest *Thyrsus*
>>
>>52678679
It's the middle ages, they probably thought it was a spiritual malady.
>>
File: Obrimos Unicycle.jpg (163KB, 819x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Obrimos Unicycle.jpg
163KB, 819x1036px
So, how 'bout them CofD unicycles?
>>
>>52679528

And who is good at both spirit and life magic?
>>
>>52679626
What the fuck is that suppose to be?
>>
File: 2E_obrimos.jpg (183KB, 785x1349px) Image search: [Google]
2E_obrimos.jpg
183KB, 785x1349px
>>52679626
That's nWoD. CofD gives you a strong black man who don't need no food stamps.
>>
>>52679636
>What the fuck is that suppose to be?

An embarrassment to all Obrimos.
>>
File: Silver Ladder Dude.jpg (173KB, 461x567px) Image search: [Google]
Silver Ladder Dude.jpg
173KB, 461x567px
>>52679626
>So, how 'bout them CofD unicycles?

The art that keeps on giving...
>>
>>52679626
If Mages are so all-powerful, how come mages need a unicycle? Checkmate magefags. BTFO
>>
>>52679680
Just to be clear, he doesn't need them but he lies so he can get them anyway.
>>
File: Free Council Order Art.jpg (158KB, 387x926px) Image search: [Google]
Free Council Order Art.jpg
158KB, 387x926px
>>52679680

While the art in Mage 2e is MUCH better than 1e, there are definitely still some questionable choices.

Here - >>52677280

and...
>>
File: 1491895835962.jpg (2MB, 1860x2415px) Image search: [Google]
1491895835962.jpg
2MB, 1860x2415px
>>52679626
>>52679780
I like Mike Kaluta's art, but there are some really shoddy pieces in Awakening. There are also good ones, but some designs are just off.
>>
File: Seer Art.jpg (129KB, 690x461px) Image search: [Google]
Seer Art.jpg
129KB, 690x461px
>>52679822
>>52677280

Yeah, the Order art in 2e was mostly very odd, but I did like the piece for the Seers. It was very Eyes Wide Shut and felt appropriate.
>>
>>52679902

Sigh..., the Seers apparently do get the best hookers and blow.

Well, I guess I, for one, will welcome our Exarch overlords.
>>
>>52679680
O hai black John Constantine
>>
>>52679925
Why even fight them? They already won
>>
File: magecover.jpg (84KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
magecover.jpg
84KB, 640x800px
>>52679833
which is weird because they went for a totally different art cover style
>>
>>52678205
>white, blonde Shaka Zulu

Cracker Zulu?

Shaka Honky?
>>
>>52679993
I've watched Black Dynamite few days ago.

Now I need Hegemonic Richard Nixon kung fu fighting Adamantine Dynamite if I ever run MtA game
>>
Is the spell 'Strings of Fate' limited to people, or can it be used on concepts, areas and material things? If so, could I decimate a relatively rundown business complex using it?
Or as above mentioned, an actual government?
>>
>>52674934
Ignore >>52674968, he's probably salty nobody wants to play his games.

Hunter is in fact going pretty strong, least where I am.
>>
File: ambivalent.jpg (92KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
ambivalent.jpg
92KB, 680x680px
>>52680100

>he's probably salty nobody wants to play his games
>>
>>52680100
Yeah I figured as much. Looks like I'm not getting my hands on Geist 1.1 today. Well, I could use a sewn together NPC using 1.0- not like the hunters will know how Geists actually work.
>>
>>52680476
You are pitting them against Geist? This is going to be tough
>>
>>52680476
>Geist 1.1

I believe this is the Geist 1.1 PDF

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ug4cj3
>>
>>52669856
What exactly happened?
>>
>>52670958
Can you explain if vtes is any good? I heard very conflicting opinions on it and never had a chance to play it
>>
>>52677724
The problem was that JK Rowling herself said that no where in the text was Hermione specified as white, when she was, and she herself drew her as white.

When an author pretends to be retarded to gather brownie points there's a problem
>>
>>52678645
>magefags die of plague
>meanwhile vamps chill in their castles and slurp virgin blood
hahahahahah
>>
>>52675827
Let me try:

>initiative rolls: 1d10+Dex+Wits (+Celerity if they have that or any other buffs)
> first vampire attacks with, say, a knife
> 2nd vampire decides not to dodge and take the attack
> roll Dex+Melee with a base diff 6 if the character is not aiming anywhere specific
> count the successes
> all the successes above the first one add extra dice to damage (so for example if the guy got a total of 5 successes, then he gets 4 extra dice to damage)
> 2nd roll: damage. Roll Strength+1 (for knife)+ extra dice for successes. base diff 6 unless the book says otherwise or there are special circumstances
> count the successes on the damage roll (for example 3 successes)
> knife is a lethal weapon, so that's 3 lethal damage
> vampire who got attacked now rolls his Stamina to soak the damage. base diff 6
> he might soak some or all of it depending on how well he rolls

and that's it. the only thing I am fuzzy on is soaking. is it possible to soak all of damage completely or for the sake of logic, you should still get 1 dmg minimum?
>>
>>52682857
soaking is such a terrible clunky mechanic desu
>>
how much Forces dots do you need to glide using air currents? This allow safe falls and being able direct where you will land.
>>
>>52682857
You can soak it all up. Vampires also halve all bashing damage, rounding down, and can soak lethal with stamina. Make your roll and a knife stuck in your gut is just cosmetic.
>>
>>52682989
Wait, you mentioned that. I meant soaking lethal is a vampire thing that humans don't get.
>>
>>52682974
I think....3 for a safe fall where you want. For a flight suit style long distance glide without a flight suit or a hang glider...4 I think.
>>
File: 2017-04-11.jpg (238KB, 812x291px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-11.jpg
238KB, 812x291px
>>52682974

Speaking of Mages I found this
>>
>>52682974
Anywhere from Forces 2 to 4 depending on what you're trying to do and how many spells you're casting.

A Forces 2 spell with a reach effect would make you immune to fall damage but controlling your fall would be awkward. Perhaps with a wing suit and a Ruling spell to control the wind.

Forces 3 could do away with the need for special equipment because you could fiddle with the strength of gravity and telekinesis to control your velocity in air.

Forces 4 would allow straight flight.
>>
>>52676679
Yes
>>
>>52682989
>>52683034
okay, then another scenario that I was always wondering about: if you roll successes on hitting but no successes on damage, would you say "well he did hit you so maybe he did at least 1 dot of damage" or would you say that vampires are tough fuckers, so no damage? and if the latter, the same rule seems weird when applied to, say, mortals: you get successes on hitting but none on damage, how would that get explained?
>>
>>52682323

I've only played a few CCGs (Magic on steam, L5R and Vtes irl) and some LCG's as well (which is a shit idea), and Vtes if by FAR the best game. The main problem with it is that it requires a minimum of 4 players to be any good, and preferably 5. That's a lot of people to organize and to get interested in the game if you are just starting out.
>>
Going to be running a Werewolf the Forsaken game set in the Reconstruction South, Richmond Virginia
Come check it out if you're interested.
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/74267/the-lost-cause

Note that I actually have enough applications to be selective now, so you're not basically guaranteed a spot anymore.
>>
>>52679528
Thyrsus are the Spirit guys AND the Life guys.
>>
>>52682801
Except she wasn't written to be white, and the way the author drew her wasn't necessarily an important aspect of it.

Basically, the author said, her race was never a relevant factor. Do you have anything that implies otherwise?
>>
Any suggestions for a Personal Quest (Arete Up)? Particularly for a Virtual Adept Mage.
>>
>>52676104
It happens to all of us
>>
>>52682857
>and that's it. the only thing I am fuzzy on is soaking. is it possible to soak all of damage completely

Yes, you can soak all damage in a roll completely, provided you're capable of soaking that damage type in the first place. So if you're a vampire with Fortitude, you could still theoretically soak all the damage done by fire/sunlight, as long as the roll(s) succeeded. Unless a particular spell/discipline is used which details how it inflicts "unsoakable" damage, then the damage can always be soaked (again, so long as you've got the necessary soaking powers).
>>
>>52683463
In the case of a knife, I'd think you were on target but didn't have enough force to penetrate them. I might describe them as superficially damaged but it wouldn't be a health level.
>>
>>52679941

Please, without constant exarch shenanigans propping them up, the Seers would self-destruct. They barely manage as it is.

They're dangerous, of course, but never forget that they can't afford to trust each other, and will always fuck each other over whenever they can.

Guardian/Council relations look cordial compared to Seer politics.
>>
>>52683769

That is a fucking retarded point and you know it. The author is white, Harry Potter is set in a predominantly white nation, if a character is not meant to be white then that needs to be stated, otherwise the characters defaults to white.

Do you realize how dumb your point is? We could peruse fiction from any country and say that this guy in the japanese story is black, this guy in the indian story is actually japanese, this woman here in the african story is actually a Samoan. By your point these interpretations are equally correct as the natural interpretation, which is obviously false and you must know this.
>>
So how long till changeling?
And what will be done once every splat has it's 2e upgrade? Do any of the other books really even need updates? Like I can't imagine the orders have changed enough to warrant new books on them.
>>
>>52683942
>>52683944
Cool, thanks anons
>>
File: 00.jpg (166KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
166KB, 800x1131px
you're at the club with your character when this guy walks up and slaps their ass

what do they do?
>>
>>52684217
>And what will be done once every splat has it's 2e upgrade?

Well, I expect Dave to then begin development on Mage 3e, with at least twice the Mage Supremacy.
>>
>>52680723
Cheers, Anon.
>>
>>52679902
What the fuck is up with crucifix guy?
>>
>>52684541
just hangin', yo
>>
>>52680546
Reading through the new Manifestations... god damn, they are tough. Then again, Hunters aren't supposed to give a fair fight.
>>
>>52684541
>What the fuck is up with crucifix guy?

The Prelates of the Paternoster find it amusing.
>>
How lethal do you run your games?

Is player characters dying commonplace or do you avoid doing it?
>>
>>52684920
I almost killed 2 players by accident last session but under normal conditions not really
>>
>>52684109
That's why I said "relevant" dipshit. The author stated that the character's race did not play a part in anything, which means you can replace and insert whatever you fucking want in it, and it still makes sense.

This isn't 12 years a slave, or fucking sengoku period. There's no massive alteration in the story, or break in suspension of disbelief if the race was changed, so it's a null factor.

That's the factor your triggered ass seems to be overlooking. No one's ever gonna point that hermione's white/black/asian so it doesn't matter, while in your examples it could have.
>>
>>52685393
But if Hermoine is black how did she sneak around when hiding from Voldemort and not get shot in the street by police for reaching into her pocket for her wand?
>>
>>52685598
Because in Britain the police don't shoot little black kids for being black, they ignore reports of Pakistanis raping little white girls.
>>
>>52685598
> UK
> shot by the police
pick one
>>
>>52677017
Well good luck with that, I'm behind 7 Embraces and Tribute to the Master
>>
File: mindofachild.jpg (36KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
mindofachild.jpg
36KB, 360x500px
>>52682323
Pretty much what >>52683617 said.
It's also fairly complicated compared to Magic, but much more satisfying to play imo.
If you've ever played and liked games like Illuminati or Cosmic Encounter, chances are you'll probably also like VtES.
>>
File: nightmaresuponnightmares.jpg (56KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
nightmaresuponnightmares.jpg
56KB, 360x500px
>>52685938
Welcome to my Nightmares Upon Nightmares
>>
>>52683617
This does make it sound kinda like board game in disguise
>>
>>52685598
She wasn't black back then.

She pulled a reverse Michael Jackson after she married Ron because she never got over his fling with that Brown girl.
>>
So besides peacemaker from hurt locker, what are my best options for making a redeemer/innocent style character who tries to make peace with monsters in CofD? Is the conversion guide any help at all or should I just try making a new minor splat?
>>
>>52686529
>making peace with the monsters in CofD
Is that even possible?

SHOULD it be possible?
>>
>>52686578
You will be shoot down along with the monster.

t. Hunter
>>
>>52686578
>>making peace with the monsters in CofD
>Is that even possible?
>SHOULD it be possible?
Given their lack of any real motivation inherent to the templates, its almost 100% disconnected from the mechanics and entirely up to the ST fiat, not really anything currently published.
>>
>>52686529
Just play Beast, they're the crossover make friends with everyone splat.
>>
>>52686620
I really meant more about the tone of the setting. It's not exactly optimistic.
>>
>>52686633
Unless someone is a Demon then they pew pew at each other
>>
>>52686633
Except for Demons.
>>
>>52669757
>there goes my foremost reason to play VtM

Doesn't this shit attract more females than D&D?
>>
>>52686578
I mean more along an individual basis. Like obviously say, I don't know, a pandorian from promethian has zero interest in being friends with humans sure. But not many of them are inherently against humanity, and many of them were humans at one point or another.
>>
How do you guys deal with fatigue mechanically in 2e from lack of food/water/sleep or from athletic activity like running?
>>
>>52686934
Did they not reprint the deprivation rules in CofD? I can see how it might have been dropped from any of the supernatural corebooks as its almost meaningless to them, but I swear I saw it in the 2e mortal core.
>>
>>52686978
I can't find it.
>>
>>52683769
>Hermione's white face was sticking out from behind a tree
>wasn't written tone white

Really jogs the noggin
>>
>>52686721
In theory, yes, back in the day.
It is easier to convince people to play Vampire because of immediate setting recognition (you have no idea how this can put rookies off, especially with fantasy and sci-fi), creature recognition (post twilight), and it doesn't wear violence on it's sleeve as much as say, D&D/SR/SW.
But the heyday of hot goth girls draping themselves on your lap as they seduce you (in game and irl), remaining there to softly guide your words and actions while you are enthralled with soft brushes of her hands and gazes of smoldering hunger while you splutter and drop spaghetti like a 14 year old (in game and irl), then lets you gently suckle from her finger in reward for your service while coyly pushing away more libidinous advances only to drag you to her bed when the others have retired for the night... yeah, those days are gone, bro.
>>
>>52687195
Now put down the rest of the paragraph.
This isn't NBC/Fox News where bull quotes out of context are accepted out of hand because they agree with your headcanon.
>>
File: GTFH5kV.jpg (34KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
GTFH5kV.jpg
34KB, 599x337px
>>52687312
Oh for fuck's sake
>>
>>52687333
You realize that, considering the entire situation, this could easily be taken as an expression of fear, rather than an abject description, right?
You've found yourself championing an edge case because it is literally all you have to offer, which is likely what the author intended.
That you see it necessary to replace the author's words with your own headcanon doesn't help your case.
>>
I'm suprised that zombies haven't gotten a splat yet.
>>
>>52687440
There was a fan made one but from the looks of it wasn't great(surprise)
>>
>>52687410
Black people's faces don't turn white bro.
>>
>>52687440

Well, there IS Mark Rein•Hagen's zombie game: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/146164/I-AM-ZOMBIE-Field-Manual
>>
>>52673934
https://u.nya.is/tzvzrd.pdf
>>
>>52687468
https://glosbe.com/en/en/white%20with%20fear

You understand what an expression is, right?
>>
>>52687274
Know where to search, and the world is yours my friend. Twilight showed vampires...those are forever.
>>
>>52687637
>https://glosbe.com/en/en/white%20with%20fear
But that isn't the expression used here at all.
>>
>implying that hermione isn't white in the books when she's described on several occasions as being pale or white while black characters are literally described as "black"
>implying that rowling didn't make her black for the play out of some silly diversity shit when she vocally responded to the "racists" who didn't like it and jumped on the pewdiepie nazi bandwagon
>implying this is actually relevant or even worth arguing about
>>
What would be a thematic gun for a vampire hunter?

I have a concept for a werewolf game of a glass walker raised by hunters who has a real hate-boner for leeches (they killed his adoptive parents)
I want to give him a fetish gun inherited from his adoptive parents that works like the sun whip and BTFOs vamps

I was thinking a big iron like a S&W model 29 or a Colt Diamondback

Thoughts?
>>
>>52687897
M1911 is an old gun, pretty good for a fetish weapon.
>>
File: webley.jpg (46KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
webley.jpg
46KB, 564x423px
>>52687897
>>
>>52687897
A Bren Ten. Miami Vice but with werewolves, you know you want it.
>>
>>52687856
You are the one that keeps bringing it up anon, also JK said it wasn't relevant what her race was, not that she never said she was white.
UK it's a lot more multicultural than more people are willing to accept and a girl like her could have come any middle class family, I don't understand why you find it so triggering.
>>
>>52687897
Shotgun+ dragonsbreath
>>
>>52687995
Reminder that you have literally 0 proof, while the other side has text and images
>>
>>52687897

Remember to use hollow points. Vamps can take bullets, but the "explodes on impact" bit should make them reconsider body armor.
>>
>>52687995
>implying i'm the anon you were squabbling with
>implying that i wasn't just making a comment in general about how stupid it is
>implying i actually care that hermione is black in some irrelevant and shitty play that somehow manages to be of a lower standard of quality than the books
>inb4 "if you dont care then why r u replying lmao"
>>
>>52687669
even the previous guy said "Turn white". It's obviously because she's hiding and afraid. Who the fuck says "her white face" without it meaning an emotion, anyway?
>>
>>52688170
>Who the fuck says "her white face" without it meaning an emotion, anyway?
Maybe somebody who wanted to create the striking imagery of a white face standing out against the backdrop of dark trees?

Or somebody who is describing their character?

White isn't exclusively used in expressions for fear.
>>
>>52687927
I have a personal distaste for 1911s, but it's a good suggestion

>>52687981
I like it, what is it?

>>52687982
Could work, the game is set in the 80s I believe, so it fits

>>52688027
That's my plan b, a bone gnawer with a rusty win 87

>>52688078
Hollow points just flatten and sometimes fragment, not explode
>>
>>52688044
not the same anon but
Audiovisuals =/= proof.
>>
>>52688328
>what is it?
A webley service revolver. That particular one is Mk. VI, I think. They were used by British forces in WWI.
>>
File: Using a bow in close combat.webm (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Using a bow in close combat.webm
1MB, 800x450px
>>52682857
hmm, my group does it like this

>Find initiative
>Vamp 1 attacks Vamp 2
>Vamp 2 to gets a single dodge attempt per full round of combat, can be increased through celerity spending celerity
> Dex Melee base diff 6 contested against whatever their defensive roll is, attacking vampire can use celerity for more attacks
>If it is a hit Move into damage step, if it is a miss combat moves to next person in order of Initiative
> Vamp 1 rolls strength, then adds the damage modifier of the weapon as additional successes, so stabbing with a knife is no matter what 3 lethal. If vamp 1 has potence he may spend a point of blood to have auto successes up to his dot in potence, but he may not use potence in the damage roll
> Vamp 2 rolls soak which is contested against vamp 1's total damage roll. so assuming vamp 1 had no success if vamp 2 rolls 2 success off of stamina he takes 1 lethal, IF vamp 2 has fortitude he may spend a point to auto soak up to his dots of fortitude but he may not use fortitude in the soak roll. Armor also adds auto successes
>Vamp 2 now decides if he wants to spend blood to instantly heal his wound.
>All non player, non important mobs so ghouls and thugs only have 4 HP boxes in combat as a minimum base line.

Overall its a bit quicker, and less lethal towards the player characters
>>
>>52688478
Increased through celerity spending blood*
>>
>>52687664
It's not the same, my friend.
Girls that came off of Twilight do not carry the same approachable mores of seductive sensuality that their forebears did.
I also preferred the dress and fashion sensibilities.
>>
>>52684541

Once, he was a little light
>>
>>52688478
Your mechanics are stupidly lethal and completely negate the point of having high strength. Easier to just run around with a greatsword and instant kill everyone you meet with one blow.
>>
>>52688706
Well for starters carrying a great sword in pulbic is a great way to attarack attention, which in turn scares of your prey. Secondly great swords have a difficulty modifier if I recall and if not I would give it one, so your running off difficulty 7 or even 8 to hit when the opposing side has a difficulty 6 to dodge,
>>
>>52688827
Dodging someone with increased range increases your difficulty to do so, so your point is moot.

Also you can easily hide a greatsword in a guitar case, so that point is also moot.

Basically no reason to not just have greatsword at all times since you use auto-successes and strength is pointless. Just dump everything into Dexterity and kill everything in one blow.
>>
>>52688860
>you can easily hide a greatsword in a guitar case
Anon, you are thinking of a bastard/hand and a half sword, not a greatsword, which are commonly 5' or more.
At least get your shit straight if you are trying to shittalk someone else because you think they are having badwrongfun.
Also, your implication that high strength only applies to combat and nothing else matters is juvenile as fuck. Go play D&D.
>>
>>52688984
>>
>>52688860
You need 3 to 4 str to use it anyway, also murder hoboing is not a safe way to play
>>
>>52682857
>>52682880
>>52682989
>>52683942
How would you homebrew soaking damage?
>>
Just a question. For spells that cause area lilts like Control weather, the default scale is still one target right? I just find it funny that heavy winds only affect one guy
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.