[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mage lover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: 1491179920069.jpg (112KB, 800x1191px) Image search: [Google]
1491179920069.jpg
112KB, 800x1191px
What the hell do you do, when your DM dislikes all non-magic users, and actively goes out of their way to reward Wizards and the like with special items to try and convince everyone to play mages? I know he doesn't hate fighter s and the like, but he gives the magic users massive boost through items, and we one face monsters that have DR's to S,B,P or just normal physical damage, while never sending anything that has any of the magic DR's like fire and shit.
I play a Fighter, and at the moment I have 0 magic items or the like. Our 2 magic users are fully outfitted in them and have gold for a player 5 levels above them from all the other ones they sold
>>
Play a magic user and enjoy the priviledge
>>
File: allmight_by_aims774-da6ys1s.gif (3MB, 540x301px) Image search: [Google]
allmight_by_aims774-da6ys1s.gif
3MB, 540x301px
>>52669664
You must show your DM the ways of martial supremacy.

Suplex your DM.
>>
>>52669664
Depends on what route you choose.
You can outright kill the magic users in your party in the night, run away with their gear, make a fortune, and begin exploiting how magic seems so good by showing how much damage you can tank.

Alternatively, do what I truly recommend.
Talk to him. Express your concern, talk about any other problems you may have, and resolve them peacefully. Don't just mention it, actually work with him. You'll find that with effort, a lot of progress can be made.
>>
>>52669664
Drop that nerd and find another DM. But then again, since you're playing 3.PF, you're fucked either way.
>>
>>52669664
Basically do as >>52669688 says.

If you're attached to hitting things, play a cleric or a druid. Those can be fun.

I don't know much else to tell you. DMs who believe there's an objectively superior way to play are the worst. Whenever I GM I try to make every option as viable as possible.
>>
>>52669664
Become the DM.
Then you bring two boxes.
"YOU MAY SELECT ONE. I SHALL DM THIS."
On the left box there is GURPS. On the right Anima.

it's not about suffering. It's about agony eternal and choosing between damnation and damnation. You will learn to love it.

Also try not to play D&D that isn't 4e and get your groups into non-D&D games where martials actually come with more options than full attack without being a feat-rape
>>
File: Fucking magic users.jpg (250KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking magic users.jpg
250KB, 1280x544px
>>52669664
>>
>>52669664
Skull fuck them.

Then mount the violated body part on a spike jutting out from the base of your throne. Interview all future DMs while sitting on your literal seat of power.
>>
>>52669664
Take Vow of Poverty, then the Weapon Supremacy tree for your simple staff. If he won't give you items, then build so you don't need them.
>>
>>52675088
Dubs of truth. Also, I think there's a combat style feat for staves in Complete Warrior. Also look into ACFs, Dungeoncrasher, Zhentarim Fighter, etc.
>>
>>52669664
Tell the DM? I dunno.
After seeing this thread I was thinking "Oh shit, I do that with my wizard player."
But that's mostly because he's the only one who actually talks in character and takes initiative.
>>
>>52669664
Let's see...

>>52669688
>Play a magic user

>>52669743
>Talk to him.

>>52669758
>find another DM.

>>52672350
>Become the DM.

...Yeah, we're done here.
>>
>>52676892
>Me no become DM me micropenis me no want DM!!!
How old are you? 3?
>>
>>52669664
Attack th--
>>52674367
Shit, beaten. Also, WHAT THE FUCK DUDE
>>
Muscle wizard is the only option
>>
File: Huh.gif (1MB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
Huh.gif
1MB, 500x599px
>>52669664
As a foreverdm, I recognize that magic has infinitely more potential than basic martial combat.

Knowing this, I make an effort to close the powergap between the two. Whether it's through magic items, deals with devils, soul tampering, bodily enchantments, clever combat tech, etc.

Or just make them simple, yet intense.
eg: Mage flies around dropping volleys of flaming skull meteors on everything in sight. Warrior picks up a random palm-sized stone and headshots the mage out of the sky.
>>
>>52676892
You forgot about
>give up playing DnD

Add that, now every basic answer has been said.
>>52678279
The fuck are you on?
reading comprehension 0/10 dude
Some kekworthy projection though, mr.micro
>>
File: story687.gif (153KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
story687.gif
153KB, 600x450px
>>52681298
>eg: Mage flies around dropping volleys of flaming skull meteors on everything in sight. Warrior picks up a random palm-sized stone and headshots the mage out of the sky.
That's the good shit, anon.
>>
>>52669664
Stop playing a pretend fighter. Join a HEMA club and become a real fighter.
>>
File: We_64cd29_6225975.jpg (297KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
We_64cd29_6225975.jpg
297KB, 900x1273px
The answer is to play... a fighter. Fighters need no magic items to break the enemy.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.