[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/awg/ alternative warganes general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 33

Op doesn't have link to last thread edition
Hope i didn't fuck something else up subedition
>What is /awg/?
A thread to talk about minis and games which fall between the cracks. /hwg/ doesn't entertain fantasy (for good reason) and the other threads are locked to very specific games, so this thread isn't tied to a game, or a genre, lets talk about fun wargames.

Any scale, any genre, any company, any minis. Skirmishers welcome. Rules designers welcome.

>Examples of games that qualify
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_miniature_wargames
Grimdark Future, Age of Fantasy, Mighty Armies, Dragon Rampant, Of Gods and Mortals, Frostgrave, Hordes of the Things, Songs of Blades and Heroes, Freebooter's Fate, Dark Age, LotR and anything that doesn't necessarily have a dedicated thread (gorkamundheim).

>Places to get minis
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D2DbNJ2mYAUxh5P9Pq9NZqS5tXHGn0i2JhZchEwbA2I/edit?usp=sharing

>The Novice Trove
http://pastebin.com/viWJ1Yvk
>>
Tell me more about Beyound The Gates of Antares, please.
>>
>>52664570
I really want to read it too, people always say miniatures are better then they look with official paintjob and i would agree. It really looks good allaround, but i can't invest into it right now.
>>
>>52664546

What are in OP's pic-related? Hortwerth is just a painting service.
>>
>>52664546
I like those mechs.
They seem to be from a weird WW2.
>>
why wargames in general must be so expensive?
>>
>>52664570
It's a sci fi d10 based Bolt Action with kind of Mass Effect-ish fluff. Your factions are (if I remember right):

Concord - the shiny posthuman spacemen with good guns, good armour and a bit of everything. They're all wired into a big network thing and are commanded by Nuhus, kind of cyber wizards with drone bodyguards.

Isorians: one group of Concord managed to get a virus in their network access point and now look like the Guyver, they're kind of like Chaos

Freeborn: Rogue Trader types with wacky Dune style outfits, giant insect riders, mutant auxiliaries etc. Stock colours are fucking ugly turquoise.

Boromites: Rock men, made of rocks. They're miners. Their society is matriarchal so your HQs include "cute rock girl" or "seriously fat rock woman on mobility scooter". They get a giant rock monster with a howdah full of guns, lava spitting bugs, mining lasers, drills etc. Rocks!

Algoryn: seriously can't remember their fluff, I think they're a warrior race, they're fucking Turians

Ghar: Tiny space goblins that build mech suits to fight because they're really fucking angry all the time. They have a command unit that's like a walker version of Asdrubael Vect's pimp tank from old 40k, except piloted by a pipe smoking goblin.

From this the big problem should be obvious: the fluff is mostly really fucking dull and forgettable. I've read it, and while I could talk a fair bit about 40k or Infinity or Heavy Gear just from memory there's very little memorable about Antares.

The game itself works fine but I remember when I played it more often Net Launchers were deadlier than any other weapon in the game because they generally just erased squads from morale damage long before actual shooting would do anything.
>>
>>52664841
Because all those nerd hookers and coke don't come cheap
>>
>>52664841
As opposed to what? Our plastic/metal/resin crack isn't particularly expensive compared to other kinds of crack.
>>
>>52664659
>>52664678

Warzone Resurection.

Those are Bauhaus Armored Hussars.

And the setting is a dieselpunk techno fantasy.
>>
File: yoshiki roll.jpg (9KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
yoshiki roll.jpg
9KB, 189x267px
Why are my local Wargamers so lazy
>>
>>52665003

That's a 28/32/Heroic scale line, right? Because I may have just found my Ogryn Charonites...

>Ogryn Charo

...yes please?
>>
>>52665051
>Using minis but still playing shitty GW games
Get the fuck out GW shill. This is our safe space.
>>
File: youngguard.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
youngguard.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
>>52665003
>>52665051

brain fart, those are Vulkan walkers, not armored hussars. Duh. And I play Bauhaus.

They are 28mm scale iirc.

Also some great guardsmen you can make from regular hussars, or v-rangers.

Imperial Life Dragoons/Young Guards are a particular favourite of mine (pic related).

In general, WZR has that 1990s techno fantasy Dieselpunk feel.
>>
>>52665120

An amalgamated term for three GW games is literally in the OP. Kill yourself.
>>
>>52664841
>why wargames in general must be so expensive?
We kinda make them that way, don't we? It's possible to play war games pretty cheaply. We used to do it back in the day. Get some 30-to-a-box WW2 mans from Tamiya or Revell or Airfix or whatever they've got down at the model train shop, scratch build all your terrain and vehicles, and beg / borrow / steal / rewrite rules as necessary.

But that's not good enough. We always want more, better, bigger, higher detail models, and ever expanding highly-balanced and officially maintained rulesets. All that shit costs $$. This is what we've got, because it's what we the players asked for.
>>
>>52665230
40k has like 8 dedicated threads, you dumb faggot.
>>
>>52665141
I'm digging those ones in the OP. Except I'm not seeing 28mm scale power armor, I'm seeing 10mm scale mechs. Just got to replace the little heads with a driver dude.
>>
>>52664546
>Rules designers welcome.
Just a question for the room here - anybody have any experience publishing a homebrew ruleset? Any tips or suggestions for best avenue to do that? I've got a project our group has been working on for years that I'd like to get out there. Not looking to make any $$ on it or anything, just want to get it out there in some fashion.
>>
>>52664841
Buy and play cheaper ones?

They're still not cheap, but you can get a hell of a lot even in 28mm if you don't buy expensive models. Maybe even enough to save up and buy a few expensive bits, splash out here and there on a fancy rulebook or a totally sweet vehicle.
>>
>>52664841
lower your scale
>>
>>52665245
It's still just as possible.
Hell, being a cheap fuck is half the fun for me. Sniffing out cheap manifacturers, buying sales or rescuing stuff from ebay, sculpting and converting things.
Hell, you can do ridiculous stuff in small scall games, to a point where you only need to buy infantry and can convert everything else.
>>
>>52668778
That definitely helps. With storage space if nothing else.

Although sometimes I find myself paying crazy prices for stuff in smaller scales just because there are fewer manufacturers and smaller selection.
>>
Should I play Frostgrave?
My friend wants to try, but the rules look rather boring to me.
How do games usually go?
>>
>>52669380
Define "crazy prices"
>>
>>52664546
You had one job OP.... Wargames not warganes!! Even my phone tried to point out that was wrong with auto correct.

Oh dear
>>
>>52669971
We should put an additional i in there and make this /alternative wargains general/, where everyone gets swole by lifting pewter miniatures
>>
>>52669941
One. Billion. Dollars. =P

In all honesty, I have some armies in 6mm and 10mm scale that have run me many hundreds of dollars. You CAN do it cheaply, for sure, it's just not always the case. And some of the apparent savings are offset by the fact that you are buying a lot more total pieces for an average size game at those smaller scales.

So for instance a tank at 10mm might only be $3 - $6, depending on the manufacturer, where a tank for 25mm would be $25 - $40. But in a 10mm scale game, you can often field whole companies of armor. In a 25mm game you probably only have 2 or 3 vehicles at most.

Finer scale games never hit the ridiculous top-end costs of something like 40K Apocalypse or something like that, but it's definitely possible to drop some serious dough.
>>
>>52670262
Well, yeah, but that's the age old discussion of single miniature vs complete army prices. If you can get away with using historical miniatures, you can often shave away even more, especially if you can hunt stuff on ebay.
Taking a 28mm game and playing in 15mm is also a favourite of mine.

>40K Apocalypse
Or as most people call it now: "Regular 40k"
>>
>>52670405
Agreed on both counts. Historical is almost always much cheaper, if only due to the relative scarcity of giant robots.

>Or as most people call it now: "Regular 40k"
Yeah, I've been out of that loop a while (fortunately for me). The closest I ever get is the occasional game of Epic. Although that's actually a perfect example - my Admech Epic army is probably more $$$ than a lot of 25mm games, what with the multiple companies of infantry and armor, all the mechs and robots, half a dozen titans, fleet + air support, etc. It's also infinitely cooler, so I'm not complaining, but you pay for that.
>>
>>52669778
It won't hurt to give it a try.

I'm not up to date with all the expansions so things might have changed since I played it. Usually the game opens with a mad rush for treasure augmented by movement spells. Then there is some skirmishing over the contested treasure while the treasure carriers try to withdraw safely. Combat has quite a bit of luck with its D20 system.
>>
>>52670544
Epic has mostly been on the pricier end of 6mm though and has only creeped up a bit. Understandably, since it's a labor of love for most recasters, but still. What do the prices of Age of Tyrants look like? Is that released yet?
>>
>>52670155
Beefcake edition cheers Cartman
>>
File: The Hobby.gif (494KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
The Hobby.gif
494KB, 500x380px
Anybody else have the problem of being unable to really commit to one game and one faction only?
I'm basically at a point where I have to sell old stuff to make space for the new stuff. But I can't make my mind up about that either.
>>
>>52674388
I'm in the other boat, I haven't bought or started anything new in ages. No time to play and no friends to play with anyway, so that makes it easy to not buy anything and just look at stuff and dream about playing in sadness
>>
>>52674621
I guess I'd have the time, but I don't have the friends either. I mean, I have friends, but the don't give a shit about wargaming.
And it's not like I actually finish anything I start.

No that I think about it it has been a consistent pattern for me. My first army still has half painted, half assembled minis sitting somewhere in a box. My second army still has a converted, but unpainted commander kicking around somewhere. My third army never got past the stage of converting the models, but never putting them on a base. And it goes on like that.
Now I've graduated to hopping from game to game.
>>
>>52674388
Well I've not run out of space yet and I'm pretty good at getting one army done but I tend to lose interest and hope to another game before I can get the second army done so I can actually play the game.
>>
>>52674621
I buy loads of Epic stuff and paint it because I still love the 40k setting and cute 6mm 40k stuff. But I can't stick to one faction or actually finish 3k points. Been working on that for a while now. I have no opponents or any clue how to find any but I collect the stuff anyway.
>>
Anyone willing to comment on a WiP mechanic for a skirmish game?

>>52666075
Depends on what exactly you want to do. You can always post them for free online. I think that's how One Page started. You can also find a publisher if you have a complete project. I think that's what most of Osprey's games are.
>>
>>52671437
>Epic has mostly been on the pricier end of 6mm though and has only creeped up a bit
Definitely. I was really just illustrating a point - unless you make a dedicated effort to be cheap, the hobby is mostly always expensive, regardless of scale.
>>
Every race in Antares was at one time human. If you're familiar with old 40k and the ab-humans like the ratlings, ogryn, and beastmen, then think of them like that. That's not to say there are no intelligent aliens in the setting, they're just not a playable faction yet. At this point the only aliens are the tsan-ra as a unit within the Isorian faction.

Algoryn were human colonists that settled in a system that was exposed to higher amounts of radiation so they've developed thicker lizard like hide for protection. They are also under constant attack from the Ghar and as a result are very militarized.

Ghar are diminutive bio-engineered goblin looking humanoids that had at one point been breed for war. They use out dated brutish technology that can often harm themselves. Think Dalleks from Doctor Who and Orks from 40k, Dal-orks.
>>
>>52677510
I like the Ghar's garthim mechs, but I hate the little buggers themselves. So ugly.
>>
So I got my copy of Open Combat in and after reading through it it's a pretty neat little system.

It's basically designed as a system for pre-gunpowder stuff where you can stat your own dudes(so fantasy is in with some tweaks) and use whatever models you want.

The combat mechanics are fairly simple at their core, but things open up based on weapons models are uaing and skills. There's also a fairly extensive campaign system that reminds me a lot of Mordhiem which makes me happy because the last batch of games with campaign systems I've been interested in have been let downs in that department(I'm looking at you, Counterblast).

Totally worth a look if you want sometbing that is truly "your dudes" and has very few limits.
>>
>>52665245
get molds
>>
>>52664844
What about starter?
>>
Osprey and North Star Miniatures are together releasing fantasy sprues similar to the Frostgrave ones.

Dwarves first, with I think Elves and Goblins in the pipeline.

There's plenty of companies making such things out there, but these actually look pretty nice. Hopefully they'll come with plenty of options like the mentioned FG sprues.
>>
>>52681636
>>
>>52664841
Mantic games makes decent models for cheap. They're also great substitutes for GW stuff.
>>
>>52681636
>>52681649
THose are some OSR as fuck dwarfs
>>
>>52681649
>>52681718
I like the ginger hoodie-bro with a hammer and an axe.
>>
>>52669971
Shit, i knew i would fuck something up, well at least the thread is CTRLFable and the important stuff seems in order.
>>
>>52681700
I don't know, yes mantic stuff is pretty cheap, but their miniatures are decent at best and after all you are still paying them a lot, it doesn't really feel right to buy a miniature i din't love, even if it's cheaper.
>>
Anybody still using 10mm for fantasy, outside of old warmaster players? Always thought that was a great scale for massed infantry battles, especially when you still want recognizable hero characters (as is usually the case in fantasy).

I got a pack of Microworld 6mm ogres the other week, and I think they might be the best 10mm orcs I own.
>>
>>52664841
Even if you play 8th edition warhammer fantasy or recent 40k with a table full of GW terrain, it's still not that expensive compared to other hobbies.
That said, is there a game that is more expensive than whfb or 40k?
>>
>>52681636
>>52681649
Can't say I like the look of them (especially dislike the amish looking one with the bow), are they sculpted by the same dude that did the other plastics?
>>
>>52681636
I love my Frostgrave dudes because they look like old-school murderhobos. Now they're releasing dwarves? I'm buying six boxes.
>>
>>52683605
I mixed the cultist box with some old IG bits I had kicking around, and they make some really good sci-fi weirdos.
>>
>>52682328
30k?
>>
>>52681636
>>52681649
Is there a link where these were announced? My google-fu is failing me
>>
>>52683864
northstar's facebook page, they also showed the sprues
>>
>>52683898
Ah, thanks Anon.
>>
>>52681998
I... I think he's Finnish. He looks Finnish to me, and by that I mean I am very afraid.
>>
>>52683735
Not if you live in 'straya

>>52682328
>it's still not that expensive compared to other hobbies.
That argument always rubs me the wrong way.
Compared to Yachting, Burnouts or horseriding with your own horse but rented stables? Yeah, it's not that expensive.
But there are also a metric shitton of hobbies that are magnitudes cheaper, like hiking, playing tabletop RPGs or even good ol' boardgames.
>>
Been getting back into post-apoc lately. Does anyone have the Wasteland 3: Meltdown rules?
>>
File: everything_will_be_great.png (108KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
everything_will_be_great.png
108KB, 500x391px
>>52665248
No need to be upset and shit up the thread, friendo. If he wants to use them as such, then it's up to him. I got some Adeptus Waheteverus Scions to use as Spec Ops for Warzone because they match the old minis better and have a head that's like exactly like the ones the new ops have.
>>
>>52666075
Wargame Vault is the place to go.
>>
>>52684526
You're part of the problem.
>>
File: concern.jpg (27KB, 628x504px) Image search: [Google]
concern.jpg
27KB, 628x504px
>>52684619
>not being a dick about things is being part of the problems
>being a dick is part of the solution

Anyway, those Northstar dorfs are pretty cool. I don't really regret trading my Skull Pass dorf army away, I like these better.
>>
>>52684547
Yeah, there.

>>52666075
Ask in /hwg/, some of the regulars there have published stuff.
>>
>>52681636
>>52681649
Hey, Dwarfs that actually look decent!

I always hated the GW style Dwarfs that were 95% beard, never sat right with me. These at least look like they won't trip every few steps.
>>
>>52681649
These get away from "EPIC GIMLIES MY AXE I'M DRUNK" which is nice. Rightdude looks like he lives in a hole and just wants to catch dinner in the river without seeing something that makes him nope the fuck out for the eightieth time this month.
>>
>>52686892
He'd look a lot better if his right arm was raised up a little imo.
>>
>>52687169
Since it'll be a multipart plastic kit, you can put his arm behind his back if you want.
>>
File: 7.jpg (229KB, 969x1356px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
229KB, 969x1356px
What do you think of this list? 5/6 of it is painted and I own the rest except the aircraft which I'd have to buy.

NetEA Codex Astartes:
[Dark Angels]
Tactical Squad 400 pts
Supreme Commander, Razorback

Assault Marines 175 pts
Devastators 250 pts
Thunderhawk Gunship 200 pts

Scouts 150 pts
Whirlwinds 300 pts

[Ravenwing]
Land Speeders 200 pts
Bikes 200 pts

[Deathwing]
Terminators 400 pts
Chaplain
Thunderhawk Gunship 200 pts

[Imperial Allies]
Warhound Titan 275 pts
Marauder Bombers 250 pts
>>
>>52681551
There are actually two starters now. The original one's a lot bigger, contains a pretty good number of Concord and Ghar, and has the full hardback rules.
The newer starter set is a lot cheaper, but comes with a smaller number of Concord and Algoryn and a soft back rulebook. The softback rules leave out point costs and some advanced rules like specific drones and shields. You can get PDFs of the point costs from warlord's website for free, but there isn't a way to get shields and the advanced rules without getting the hardback or PDF rules.
>>
>>52686892
Funnily enough, I think they'd be perfect to use for the thirteen dwarves if you wanted a more oldschool look.
>>
File: Algore-yn command squad.png (193KB, 600x298px) Image search: [Google]
Algore-yn command squad.png
193KB, 600x298px
>>
>>52690668
I've got the smaller starter, and while I'm quite pleased with the value of the set, I'm not really impressed by it.

The plastic concord are alright (much better than the shitty pictures that Warlord puts up) and the Algoryn are likewise alright.

Nothing about the set really grabs me though. Maybe it's because I've sat on the box for a month or so just trying to figure out a paint scheme for the forces.
>>
>>52692348
Yeah, I think that's probably one of the games bigger problems. More and better background would really help the game along. Also, the whole thing where you don't get the full rules with the smaller starter set seems kind of lame to me.
That being said, I think the game has potential. I like some of the new and different things they try out, but they don't do a lot to get the game out there.
>>
>>52692530
Yeah, I'm with you. It's a cool idea - I think? There's not a lot out there about the game.

Warlord can't seem to decide if they want to get it out there or not.

I'm also pretty disappointed that outside of the starter sets they're emulating GW pricing instead of their historicals pricing.
>>
>>52681636
>Hopefully they'll come with plenty of options like the mentioned FG sprues.
There are some pimages of the sprues on Facebook.
Each sprue has five bodies, 10 heads and enough bows and handweapons to equip all five dwarves the same apparently.
>>52683060
>are they sculpted by the same dude that did the other plastics?
Bob Naismith. Yeah, same sculptor.
>>
>>52664844
>From this the big problem should be obvious: the fluff is mostly really fucking dull and forgettable. I've read it, and while I could talk a fair bit about 40k or Infinity or Heavy Gear just from memory there's very little memorable about Antares.
I'm not sure I'd agree with that assertion. But I agree that it is hard to talk about.
Mainly because what we have so far are only broad strokes for each faction and not even every unit in the army lists has models or even art.

The whole idea surrounding the actual Gates of Antares is kind of cool, but at the same time makes it difficult to really connect the narrative of each faction meaningful with each other outside of the campaign settings like the Xilos one for example.

But I like the minis they released so far and I'm interested in what's gonna happen next.
Mind you when they announced it as hard sci-fi and then brought out the Boromites I was kind of put off. Then I read the beta rules and thought it was an unsalvageable mess.
But I came around and I think the game is about to find it's footing sometime soonish.
>>
>>52692626
>that outside of the starter sets they're emulating GW pricing instead of their historicals pricing.
The minis are mainly metals and resin.
Only Concord and Algoryn have plastic so far.
I've been thinking about this recently and a box of 6 metal minis for 15 €urobucks (from a independant retailer of your choice who's into giving a discount) is really cheap for metal models if you think about it. And the newer packages supposedly come with one or two extra models (my boxes didn't).
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 600x620px
>>52685217
WHFB dwarves are kinda goofy, but I always really liked their LotR dwarves.
>>
File: img44e3c9cfb98d4.jpg (71KB, 600x318px) Image search: [Google]
img44e3c9cfb98d4.jpg
71KB, 600x318px
>>52694016
best dwarfs ever coming through
>>
>>52693970
Sure, if you're getting a discount it's not terrible.

Consider though, a three man metal concord command pack costs about $20 from warlord. A box of 10 plastic guys and some drones - $32.

It just seems unfair when a box of 30 US paratroopers from the same maker costs $41.
>>
>>52694093
unfair isn't the right word. It seems, self-defeating.

I mean, why buy into Antares when the same company makes a game that's not only way more popular, but easier on the wallet to get into?

And let's not forget to take into account that from that box of paratroopers and a US weapons sprue (or just the old box of US GIs) you can make a decent starter army for Bolt Action.
>>
>>52694093
you should take into accoun the sprue too, if the antares guys have more options it amkes sense they cost more, but i have no idea about that.
>>
>>52694093
Yeah that's true.
I guess because historicals have to compete with a larger market.
If you make plastic sci-fi minis the only other big dog is GW. Still beats their prices at least.
>>
>>52693970
Ghar battlesuits are all in plastic. I'd love to see plastic Freeborn troops.

>>52694016
I like the LotR stuff because they had to work with an existing design. But compare that to GW originals like the new fire dwarfs they have for AoS and see how one is basically just a beard with some limbs.

Do we know how many sprues each of the Northstar boxes has? I'm debating getting them to use for KoW and maybe Mordhiem/Open Combat/whatever fantasy skirmish I can find people to play with.

Also; do we think the crossbow arms from the Frostgrave soldiers might be weird on these guys? Like out of scale?
>>
>>52694257
They don't. Maybe as more stuff gets released in plastic we'll see more options.

>>52694264
Maybe it's because I can't look at Antares and see it as only competing with GW and Mantic's sci-fi line up.
I can't help but think that all the ex-GW players it would have pulled have already been pulled to Bolt Action.
>>
>>52694275
>Ghar battlesuits are all in plastic.
Oh right.
>I'd love to see plastic Freeborn troops.
A while ago I was hyped for the ferals and bought some on impulse. And because I'm weird like that I thought it would be neat to convert some too.
So I bought some ancient british warriors from warlord (celtic warrior sprues plus metal heads with spiky hair) and some mag gun sprues.

Just as my package arrived I read that plastic freeborn have been rumored.
Though I'd assume you see Domari or Vandari troops before you see Ferals in plastic.

Anyway, I'm gonna convert some ferals with plastic minis.
>>
>>52694338
>I can't help but think that all the ex-GW players it would have pulled have already been pulled to Bolt Action.
WW2 games are not really all that popular in Germany. At least that is my impression from personal experience.
And it's a big market for tabletop games.
>>
>>52694377
That's a fair observation, but I'm not sure how true it holds in other countries.

It seems like a stretch to say that Warlord is banking on the German market to carry this game.
>>
>>52694412
>It seems like a stretch to say that Warlord is banking on the German market to carry this game.
Yeah. Not really what I was trying to imply anyway.
Antares seems to be primarily popular in Britain so far. 40k is still too strong here.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (15KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
15KB, 246x200px
>See OP pic
>Someone built some power armor
>Design leaves entire pilot's head exposed
What's the fucking point then?
>>
>>52694462
My bad for >implying that.

I'd really like it if Antares took off, but I'm afraid that unless Warlord does something drastic (and I think the teaser starter set was a good step) it's never going to do anything.

I'd also like to see GW dethroned, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. Not with the way people guzzle that shit down and not with the way that GW has poisoned the hobby.
>>
>>52694507
I don't play 40k anymore, haven't since 3rd edition, but Antares' aesthetic is super boring by comparison. I can't imagine myself ever being interested.
>>
>>52664546

>Those new warzone resurrection vehicles.

Lookin good. Hopefully they show something for Capitol and mishima.
>>
>>52694753
Yeah, it's got some cool things hidden in it. Personally I like the aesthetics of some of the factions, but it's either mostly intentionally generic or there's just no info out there about it.

I'd like it to do well, but I'm not willing to invest in it at it's current state.
>>
>>52693820
And spears.

I'm just glad they've got bows for a change.
>>
>>52695272
And swords. It seems like everytime someone makes Dwarfs they go "the only melee weapons they use are axes and hammers and everything else can fuck right off."

I'd love to see Dwarfs with halberds, personally.
>>
Standard (with boar?) 1
Arm w/ Axe 3
Arm w/ Hammer 2
Arm w/ Sword 2
Arm w/ Spear 4
Arm w/ Bow 5
Spare Bow 1
Quiver 5
Left Arm 10 (5 shield, 5 bow?)
Shield 5
Body 5
Head 11

There's a thing that looks like some kind of fucked-up leaping rat? The spears and standard pole should be easy to convert.
>>
>>52695568
I think the rat thing is some sort of crest for the top of a helmet.

I only wish the spread of melee weapons was more even. I get they have limited space on the sprue, but 5 of each weapon would have been preferable for some uniformity.

Still; I suppose if the arms from the soldier kit don't look too out of place on them some simple kit bashes can fix that. Or failing that some snipping and gluing to swap axes to swords and what-not.
>>
>>52681636
I like those Dorfs, perhaps a big light in armor for my taste but for the rest they are perfect.
>>
>>52664841
I dunno, if you want cheap you can find some good minis for like 1-4 euros each in MoMiniaturas. I really like them.
>>
>>52695568
Aesthetically these should fit the hasselfree dwarves, I wonder how they look next to each other.
>>
I just want to see what the northstar elves look like. I hope they pull off a good aesthetic.
>>
>>52694275
Not known yet, the sprues will be available to pre-purchase at Salute, one sprue per customer. A friend of mine will get me one and I'll report back.

There'll be a Set 2 as they said with additional options, I'd say wait till then, or if it's really urgent, get the EM-4 dorfs, they are similar enough.
>>
>>52677257
>unless you make a dedicated effort to be cheap, the hobby is mostly always expensive
historicals are notoriously cheap
>>
>>52695568
Seems like a downgrade from the barbarian sprue in terms of variety, will probably get a box either way.
>>
>>52697263
That was for Frostgrave, they're making a rank-n-file game allegedly now.

Backing 9th Age would've been a wiser choice imho, but eh, whatever.
>>
>>52697278
Oh, that explains it. Although I don't play rank & file at that scale I'm all for more plastic on the market.
Given their relationship with mantic, it would be nice if this kit would replace their boxy flavorless range.
>>
>>52697278
Those Dwarves will also do quite well for Osprey's Dragon Rampant.
>>
>>52694462
My group got into GoA and talked me into it but it's almost completely died out. Only the Ghar player is still interested.

The biggest problem I had was playing against Ghar and their battlesuits. My basic infantry with mag guns were almost entirely useless and my AT gun was overpriced and missed regularly. I ended up spamming net ammo which either missed and my army died without killing much or it hit and my opponent got pinned into not doing anything. Neither made for a fun game.
>>
>>52694493

Decision that for the role they are going to play vision is more important than protection.

A fully enclosing suit with no camera based vision (as these appear to be weird WW2 or something) would have almost no vision at all. Likely even less than a tank as you can't get up so only view ports at eye level and within your head turn.
>>
>>52701253
>but it's almost completely died out
Any particular reason for that? I'm always curious about why certain games wither and disappear.
>>
>>52696943
Cool, I didn't see the thing about a second box. Might just wait ro see what that comes with.

I know the Frostgrave boxes were like 20 dudes a box, so I imagine these might be similar.
>>
>>52701458
I don't think there was any one cause and I think I was the only one who left for gameplay reasons. Players just fell away from GoA for different reasons until it just me and the Ghar player. Then I decided I didn't want to play vs Ghar all time for reasons mentioned.

Other players lost interest in the game for different reasons like lack of plastics discouraging further army expansion, being too lazy/busy to finish building their army or just complete change in interest (One went all in for Napoleonic Spanish).
>>
>>52697278
Backing a community-"driven" game with zero actual support from any company and zero way to influence the "publisher" seems like an awful move if you want to sell models.
>>
>>52702499
Before you typed that ot, have you checked the list of manufacturers backing? Shieldwolf wants to make a starter box for it with their own models...
>>
>>52702560
I've not checked the game in a good time- I have no interest in playing with people who still can't let go WFB, and will not move on, as it's just about the only group that is interested in 9thAge. It's a dying market, in essence.
>>
>>52702499
Well, a huge number of old WHFB players (Especially the competetive scene) went over to the 9th Age. But I bet it's gonna die out in a few years when the developers stop caring.

God, I hate the 9th Age community, all they do nowadays in my store is talk how they created the perfect wargame and how every other game is like ludo compared to it..
>>
>>52702604
>God, I hate the 9th Age community, all they do nowadays in my store is talk how they created the perfect wargame and how every other game is like ludo compared to it..
What do you expect? They're still the Modern Warhammer community, just with bonus shots of outrage towards GW and self-satisfaction at having saved their precious..
>>
It's not that much, but over in hwg today there's been some discussion on Stalker/post-apoc/warlord/medieval/whatever games using tiny miniatures on a big, big table. Y'all might get some ideas.

>>52695315
>>
>>52701393
It's sci fi, it's just a miniature games based on an 80s design, stop trying to make sense of it.
>>
>>52694493
>>52701393
>>52704890

The ability to carry heavy weapons while only risking a single soldier on the front line could make sense.
>>
File: 2016-06-15 09.36.32.jpg (698KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-15 09.36.32.jpg
698KB, 1600x1200px
Jungle Kommando bump!

Picked up a box of these bad boys a few months ago, only now have I gotten around to painting them. While I was filing them down and getting them glued to their bases a thought struck me about adapting some of the old 2nd ed Target Games era WarZone units I have for WarZone: Resurrection. Shouldn't be all that hard, I reckon playing around with stat profiles, points, skills and shit with the Heroes of the Solar System rules should be easy enough.
>>
>>52708885
Upside down pictures, marvelous.
>>
>>52664546
So, tried posting this in the /HWG/, but that place is deader than Mussolini. Anyways, after watching Operation Valkryie, I got the idea of making a army based around a alternate universe where the coop suceeded.

So question is, how do I do it? What would a army under the new Gov. Would look like? And if we do go weird war, any suggestions for the range/system?
>>
>>52710766
>post /awg/ question in /hwg/
>upset about no response

wew
>>
>>52711110
Actually that's not even /awg/ territory, i mean it is related to the topic, but what the fuck should we know about the coop succeds army? Actually i always thought if the coop succeded the war would be over?
>>
>>52708885
>Heroes of the Solar System
Is heroes of the solar system still alive? I thought it died with the coming of second edition.
>>
>>52708993
If it's Evan, he's Australian, so that's why.

>>52708885
I was thinking about the same, tho my aim was to modify the units so I can use the old minis in the new rules with different compositions - shotgun for the Hussar sergeant (weirdly enough, in WZ:R only Imperial knows how to shotgun), heavy weapons for the light infantry, etc.
>>
File: runewars8.jpg (190KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
runewars8.jpg
190KB, 1024x576px
So has anyone tried out Rune Wars?
>>
>>52714378
Yeah, it's Evan, I was quoting myself, bloody picture reoriented itself as I posted.

If that's you Tom, I'm sorry I didn't see your last email in time, my inbox gets buried in shit all the time, unfortunately that seller is all out of Crusaders now. I'll be sending along the Light Infantry on Monday, gotta get my thumb out of my arse and follow through on shit.
>>
>>52714138
It's still a thing in the works according to the rules writers whenever I start REEEing about it, just not a higher priority than the other releases/games in the works. While I'll keep on banging the drum for it it isn't really that necessary with 2nd edition, there're a lot more generic and cost effective characters to choose from and the named characters are immensely more cost effective than they were in 1st edition.
>>
>>52715767
Not yet, it's on the shelves at my local haunt now though, so I'll know more about soon enough.

>>52714378
Cybertronic know how to shotgun, too. Though theirs are relegated to their Armoured Chasseurs they're pretty damn strong, average strength 10 with precision(3), fucking hell. Anyway, I hope to take my hackjob adaptations and make some submissions to some webzines I know, The Golden D6 are always looking for content, CTC are the(only) WarZone e-zine in town and I'm sure I can find some more that'd capitulate to my incessant bothering.
>>
>>52694016
Lotr models are so much better than anything else GW has done afterwards, it's almost embarassing.
>>
>>52716039
I think having to base several models off of real actors forced them to make them more realistically proportioned.
>>
>>52716061
cinemaline explicitly wanted a miniatures line that was incompatible with WHFB. You'll also never see conversions mixing LotR stuf with other GW lines in any official material.

The other reason was that the game designers who wrote the rule lobbied for that style in particular.
(according to a book by rick priestley iirc)
>>
>>52715896
Cheers, no worries, I have a lot going on right now.

>>52715994
Try the Cartel Magazine or whatever it's called.
>>
>>52716179
>You'll also never see conversions mixing LotR stuf with other GW lines in any official material.
you eventually did, but yea GW didn't allow LOTR conversion while the movies were in theaters.
>>
>>52715767
I'd rather pull out my finger nails and rub in salt and vinegar than play this
>>
>>52716039
Their shills actually defend the proportions as appropriate for the scale, to make those details stand out.
>>
>>52718916
why can't people accept tat other people like other stuff? I like the oldstyled heroic scale, so what?
>>
>>52664546
Those things look cool but those tiny heads, what size is the base? If it's 50mm then maybe...
>>
>>52719057
You could pretty easily convert them to hide or replace the heads I reckon.
>>
>>52719057
base is 50 mm and as he said, it's not all that hard to convert the head
>>
>>52719044
Where the fuck do you think you are?

On that note, how is [STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE] not a /tg/ banner yet?
>>
>>52715767

No not yet but I'm highly interested in it. Just like pretty much every /awg/ game here. I would like to try them out and even play them but none of my friends are interested in them.

It fucking sucks /awg/ when you wanna play shit like warzone, runewars, this is not a test, you name it but people are stuck playing fucking 40k, infinity, bolt action, and AoS.
>>
Is there a Discord for this general? Seems like a fun dynamic and would end up in some neat new games for everyone
>>
>friend recommends me Critical Mass for 15mm Starship Troopers minis
>they look quite nice
>I remember folks in this thread talking about its closing

Oh well, hope Ral Partha won't dick around for too long putting them back into production.
>>
So besides SoBaH, what's everyone's favourite fantasy, use-your-own-dudes skirmish game?
>>
>>52694507
Comments like this always make me wut. How has GW poisoned the hobby on the whole? Sure they're the biggest and so get shat on for being the biggest like other companies, but what have they done exactly that has upset the whole hobby?
>>
>>52724779
Treating their customers like shit. They've been better the past year and a half though.
>>
>>52724833
GW customer service has always been amazing. It's unfair to say they treat their customers like shit.
>>
>>52724779
They drove the bar for what is acceptable price-wise pretty far upwards and are also responsible for the godawful hurroic scale meme
>>
>>52724866
Their customer service doesn't make up for the price gouging, shit game design, complete lack of interest in interacting with their community. Let's not even get into their refusal to fix all of the broken shit in their game and instead focus on releasing more space marine codexes.
>>
>>52724779
They're the biggest source of rules-don't-need-to-be-done-well-because-you-can-always-just-get-in-a-big-nerd-argument-itis.
>>
>>52725193
I'm aware of GW's problems but their customer service is still some of the best in the business.
>>
>>52725301
Then you're aware that GW treats their customers like shit? Or have you forgotten about forcing FLGS to not have GW products in their online catalog so as to funnel people to the GW webstore?
>>
>>52725377
Can you learn to read or do you have to spew bile constantly? Give credit where credit is due.
>>
>>52725193
>complete lack of interest in interacting with their community

I work in CS- not GW, but I doubt it's that much different. "Community" doesn't know what it wants, and it's largely a bunch of morons. Nothing kills company faster than trying to act on customer feedback beyond vaguest guideline.
>>
>>52725400
>They've been better the past year and a half though.

I did you faggot. They've been making an effort to not be total cunts, but that doesn't excuse the entire preceding decade of them being absolute cancer in every department aside from customer service.
>>
>>52723489
fuck discord desu, if you want names and everlasting messages, might as well not go to 4chan
>>
>>52724833
>>52724993
>>52725206
>>52725206
Fine, that's them, but the comment above claims it's upset the "whole" hobby. and that's bullshit.
>>
>>52725522

This comment fully deserved the get it got
>>
>>52725638
It's a tremendous amount of work to find a group of people that haven't been rendered dumber by their bullshit.
>>
>>52724779
Go to some other threads, take a look at all the players who believe that in order to play a company's game you need to purchase their models.
>>
>>52725876
>>52726217
so people are fucking stupid? what else is new. you can't blame a company for trying to sell it's product.
>>
>>52724779
>How has GW poisoned the hobby on the whole?
In a way they did.
Back in the day they would actually give you useful information like how to make your own washes or build scenery.
The people that 'grew' up on the newer GW just don't know how to do a lot of stuff themselves, because GW started to sell everything. On the one hand that makes certain things easier, but they also removed all the useful stuff that tells you how to do stuff without paying for it from their publications.
And more often than not people do not really look beyond what GW has to offer.

Common example for this is weathering. There is a shitton of information if you look into scale modelers of historical models, but wargamers seem kind helpless about that sometimes.

And GW's propaganda machine of 'metals bad, finecast good' did leave a quite distinct mark on the community as well.
Or maybe people new to the hobby just don't know that the initial startup costs to doing plastic models is not affordable for small businesses, which is why you don't see most companies making them.

It's more of a problem of people being unwilling to leave the GW bubble really.
The information is out there.
>>
>>52726383
Calm your tits.

>>52726438 has got a good write-up of it
>>
>>52726467
Fuck off Dobson. Nobody wants you here.
>>
>>52726500
What's a Dobson?
>>
Does anyone know where the "One hero per twelve soldiers" rule in LotR SBG actually comes from? I've heard it referred to quite a lot by people online, but I've read through my physical rulebook, a pdf copy of the 4th edition rulebook, and the relevant army book, but I can't actually find a mention of it.
>>
>>52726546
Hobbit rules I think.
>>
>>52726546
It should be in the start of any of the army splatbooks, under the building a battlehost/warhost/whatever its called section.
>>
>>52722695
I feel ya, buddy. And then they drip the "well I've invested so much money and time into game A already, so..." argument.

>>52724779
They did a lot of shitty atuff in the very recent past like driving up peuces for no explained reason, not understanding how conversion rates work, destroying the only good games they had while pushing more different colored Space Marines, trying to make 40k and WHFB Epic and Warmastwr at the wrong scales by making bigger units and stupidly oversized models, not making any useful changes to rules and generally just ignoring their community's input up until about 6 months ago.

Also a lot of die-hard GW fans are fucking atrocious people. In fact I liken GW and PP fanboys to the idiots that keep up the stupid console wars shit in the video game industry by declaring you can only like one or the other and anyone who doesn't agree with you is a casual faggot scrub.
>>
>>52727204
>I feel ya, buddy. And then they drip the "well I've invested so much money and time into game A already, so..." argument.
I hate that so god damn much, I had someone pull that on me once, later he's talking about buying up a whole new army off of fucking forgeworld. All I'm asking is to show them warzone for 15 minutes.
>>
>>52726557
>>52726846
Ah, I found it, thanks anons. My mistake was going straight to my specific faction's section rather than checking the rules at the front of the army book.
>>
>>52715767
I've got the game but haven't finished painting them yet and haven't had time for a game. I might get something unpainted on the table soon but I gotta find time to get together with my resident neck beard who got me interested in it.
>>
>>52724560
Think if I'd get around playing it (read: clean the shit out of my grandpa's house and finally move in and set up a gaming table), it'd be Otherworld with slight modifications. Really liking it from a readthrough, it's simple and seems like what I want from a fantasy skirmish. Maybe I'll put some more spells and artifacts into it plus a campaign system...
>>
>>52729733
my friends instead keepson bitching about 40k being shitty and unplayable and GW is shit and then of course tries nothing else.
>>
>>52732600
Change is scary and chasing the Warhams is an addiction like any other.

I still sometimes find myself pining for an Elysian Drop Trooper force, or maybe just a Valkyrie and a squad to paint up, just a little taste. But, then I stop myself.

Out on the road today, I saw an Aquila sticker on a Cadillac, A little voice inside my head said, Don't look back, you can never go back. I thought I knew what fun was. What did I know?
Warham' is unfun forever! I should just let it go, but
>>
>>52733778
This stuff is like resubscribing to World of Warcraft.
Yes, you have fond memories, yes you played with a lot of people back then, yes there is a lot of it.
But once you go back in you realise that for every fond memory you have, there is mountain of shit and frustration you repressed, those people you played with were mostly the same few fucks that were as bored and frustrated as you were and a whole lot of crap is still crap.

Doesn't mean you can't enjoy the models if you like them, though. I've seen enough people get FW stuff for other games or convert GW plastics into pieces for other games. Nice miniatures are nice miniatures and if you are going to convert them anyway, you can get them even cheaper than cheap by dredging up mangled remains on ebay.
>>
>>52715767
It seems expensive and the rules don't call me, any reason why should shill it?
>>
>>52724560
As I mentioned earlier in the thread; Open Combat is a cool little system.

>>52732600
That's the one that kills me. People who say r0k is shit(and they're right) but keep playing and giving GW money which has lead them to believe everything's fine so they don't fix the glaringly bad rules problems.

If you think 40k is such a shit game stop playing, simple as that.

But what's worse is the people who say that and still qon't even get a DEMO of another game. A free demo that'll only take 15 minutes or so of their time. Boggles my mind.
>>
>>52734979
You can use the minis for something like KoW or Armies of Arcana.
>>
>>52730969
I like the look of these, I'll have to try to find a PDF.

>>52735514
Well that looks perfect. I'll have to give it a try.
>>
>>52736256
Otherworld should be in the OP.

Or you can buy it from them for 10GBP. They are nice dudes making nice minis, consider picking up some figures from them if you download the rules from here.
>>
Anyone got Bolt action rules?
>>
>>52737661
/hwg/
>>
File: currentprojects.jpg (126KB, 1500x495px) Image search: [Google]
currentprojects.jpg
126KB, 1500x495px
Very early WIPs of my current projects.
Hazmat Team for This Is Not A Test, Inquisimunda team for the Helsreach game at BOYL and a couple of very old (1985) Jabberwock minis for a scenario I'm running at BOYL. Looking forward to getting it all painted up.
>>
>>52739348
Looks fun!
>>
File: pic917042.jpg (20KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
pic917042.jpg
20KB, 210x300px
So i found a really good lot of minis for hell dorado that included the rule book at a great price not too long ago, and the idea was to get it all assembled and do some battle reports for a youtube channel (batreps on dead and obscure games is a fun project for me). Anyways I was going through the book because I knew nothing about the game except that I love the minis, and man was I disappointment. Did anyone else feel like they should have gotten someone else to write the fluff in the book? The setting is super messy and unfocused, and some unit entries talk about things that barely have anything to do with the unit in question. Can't remember the last time I've been let down this much from a fluff stance.

Now that I think about it though, the few times I've gone over the how to play section, it wasn't organized very well either. Just ugh.
>>
>>52739348
What's BOYL?
>>
File: funny-sign-halo.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
funny-sign-halo.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
What's up with Halo: Fleet Battles lately? Is the game still supported? Last post on their blog is from mid-2016
>>
>>52739866
>Spartan Games
Hah, you dun goofed.
>>
>>52739858
Bring Out Your Lead, the premier Oldhammer event held at the Foundry every summer.
>>
File: DSCN0750.jpg (388KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0750.jpg
388KB, 1152x864px
My birthday today lads, didn't do too badly out of it.

I am wondering if the Heavy Gear starter is supposed to come with instructions though, I've not got any.

Don't need them to put the minis together as they are simple enough but I dunno what configuration to build stuff in.
>>
>>52740234
Happy birthday mate, and magnets are your friend.
>>
>>52740234
Nice haul!

For the Heavy Gear stuff there's an assembly guide on their website.
>>
>>52740234
Rogue Stars almost sent me on a buying spree for random sci-fi minis I always liked, but never had a reason to buy.

And the official minis aren't bad either.
>>
Why noone here talks about heroclix? It's old, fun to both collect and play, cheap, relatively more balanced than the games as old as it is. I've seen no threads or anything about it for years here.
>>
>>52741090
I for one never played nor ever had any interest in it. Incidentally I also don't know of anyone who actually played it. HeroClix is not very popular in Europe afaik.

Personally I'm in the hobby for the minis not the gaming, so there's that.
>>
>>52741090
Probably because:

>it's a "collectible" miniatures game.
>it's got some seriously shit "miniatures"
>pre-painted
>>
>>52741569
Easy, cheap and lots of fun. Also the comic theme is cool too. Doesnt need much work to setup yet it's still tactical as much as you want it to be. Everything you said can be applied to x-wing yet it finds it's way to every topic/thread here
>>
>>52741839
I used to play Heroclix, and when I got out it was an unbalanced mess with a very pay-to-win system where rare figures were stupidly overpowered sometimes.

It was fun and quick, but balanced it wasn't.
>>
>>52741839
Not in here, bub. And for all the shit I give X-Wing, the miniatures are much nicer than what I've seen for clix.

I'm going to leave it at that, since well, no one gives a fuck about clix. If you want to talk about it, go ahead and start a thread for it.
>>
>>52741839
>Everything you said can be applied to x-wing yet it finds it's way to every topic/thread here
Not that guy, and I don't even play X-Wing.
But having seen both clix and x-wing there are worlds of quality in between those two, expecially in terms of painting.
Clix sometimes has decent sculpts, but they are always terribly painted.

That said, I also never read the rules for clix, but I have heard good stuff about the system.
Where would I find the rules?
>>
Anyone here play Warzone by Prodos Games?

Miniatures look pretty boss, even if the story is a bit silly. I've never heard of it before though
>>
>>52743500
Its from the 80's, so of course its silly.

I miss 80's sci-fi.
>>
>>52743500

Another game I wanna try but... really can't at the moment for the fact that no local scene and also I can't get my friends into it.
>>
Is Darklands any good? The models are great, I use some of them in the 9th age.
>>
>>52702604
I mean I like T9A and all, but its not that great. Plus they're getting ready to really overhaul the game, dictated by the legal team (not the community).
>>
>>52743500

I'm a big fan. The basic story is a bit weird but the setting is surprisingly down to earth. The RPG books paint a really interesting, well thought out and surprisingly normal setting. Like the standard statement in the core book is "The vast majority of humanity spends their time going to work, coming home and spending time with friends and family and enjoying sports, movies, books and arguing over politics and the news." It's a touch I really appreciate.
>>
>>52739866
When the expansion boxes were more of the starter box ships, and the scenarios and fleet structures make expansion beyond the starter box unreasonably stupid, then they took too long to get anything else out...
>>
>>52743500
It's no more silly than some other sci-fi games out there.

And it has a nice touch of realism, and feels a bit more down to earth than, say, 40k.

The game itself is super fun, pretty solid and I love the models. Every army look unqiue without having to go super silly to do it.
>>
>>52745070

what's the model count on Warzone? I'm looking for something along the lines of ~20 models per side on the table max.
>>
>>52745070

That is true. Even Infinity which tries to pass itself off as a more serious realistic sci-fi setting is full of lots of silly stuff.
>>
>>52745435
20-30 models a side is usually a safe bet. I think at 1000 points my old Bauhaus list had 26 models or something close to that.

>>52745732
Yeah. Mutant Chronicle embraces the weird aspects with the interdimensional alien monsters, but also has a lot of semi-realistic aspects. Qeapons are usually just standard assualt rifles and machineguns and such. Power armor is big and clunky and there's not entire armies clad in it.

Also I feel like the fluff isn't particularly from one faction's persepctive. It sort of is, coming mostly from Brotherhood documents, but it's not as "this faction is the best, everyone else sucks" as some other games' fluff.
>>
>>52743600
90s, mate, it comes from the 90s. Well, Mutant Chronicles as we know it now, anyway, it all sprang off from the Mutant RPG from the very late 80s though.
>>
>>52745435
25 to 30 odd models a side at around 1000 points. You can make armies with more models or less at that points bracket though, but for the most part 25 to 30, at least in my area.
>>
>>52739348
>sci-fi dorf girl with cut down p90.

Fuck me, I love Hasslefree minis, I need to order that one and I'll have all the Hayden variants.
>>
>>52740785

Got a link? I'm being shit and can't find it.
>>
>>52739853
I am interested.
>>
>>52739853
I didn't mind the fluff for it that much, but it's been a few years since I last pulled it off the bookshelf to read it. My brother and I played a few games of it and enjoyed it, so it'd be nice to see somebody recording some games of it and giving their thoughts on it.
>>
>>52719044
t. shit eater.
>>
>>52749143
I bet you enjoy skub, you scum
>>
>>
>>52739853
The crunch is great, though.
>>
File: Two Face crew.png (404KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
Two Face crew.png
404KB, 851x315px
Hey /tg/ I've a question.
I've recently bought pic related, just to paint them (because the models look fucking awesome), but recently thought about giving the game a shot, considering that you only need a few models to play.

My question is:
Have any of you played it? Is the game any good/worth it? Any experiences, etc.?
>>
>>52753993
anyone?
>>
>>52753993
>>52755461

Literally the only thing I've ever heard about this game is that it has good minis
>>
>>52753993
I don't have any firsthand experience, but from what I've heard it's supposedly pretty good, in that it is very fun to play and captures the cinematic feel you'd want from a game like this.

If I'm not mistaken the guy who told me about it also said that it's almost more fun if you play the gangster against each other without batman. Whatever that means.
>>
>>52753993
It's alright, guns are lethal, you'll need loads of scenery.
>>
Anyone has ever read or tried Broken Legions from Osprey? I'm very curious about it.
>>
>>52757884
I know a few guys who have tried it. they said it was a solid "eh" Neither a bad game nor so strongly tied to it's narrative that they really felt drawn in by it.
I'd say as a system it'll probably give you a good time.
>>
I want to run samurai jack using aSoBaH (Cus i like sobah and I'll fight anyone who doesn't.)

Anyone got any tips?

I'm thinking jack should be:
Points 148
Quality 3+
Combat 5
Special Rules:Champion, Chivalry, Combat Master, Danger Sense, Ghost Blade, Hero, Lethal, Near Invulnerability

Basically he's an absolute beast but makes up an entire warband by himself.
>>
>>52758804
>I want to run samurai jack using aSoBaH (Cus i like sobah and I'll fight anyone who doesn't.)

the same author made the fistful of kung fu ruleset, which may be a better way of playing it while still pretty close to sobh.
Samurai Jack as protagonist, angry scot as bruiser, some jumping monkeys as mooks.
>>
>>52676610
Bumping to ask this again.
>>
Can someone please talk me out of buying the runewars game? Dear god stop me.
>>
>>52762627
You could at least wait til there's been enough released to make the game viable.
>>
>>52747361
It used to be on DriveThruRPG, but for some reason I can't seem to find it on there anymore.
>>
>>52753993
>proportions
GW called, they want their shitty scale back.
>>
>>52753993
Bad models, bad fluff (especially Cuck Snyderverse releases).
>>
>>52755860
The moment Batman hits the table in the Batman game the villains have something of an uphill battle because it's like taking a Harlequin Solitaire in 40k terms; he's pretty unstoppable and needs to be focused down.

On the other hand as a wacky villain gang brawl with clowns, penguin cosplayers and lower-level stuff like Catwoman it's pretty fun if a bit poorly edited.
>>
File: Glimpse of the Unthinkable.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Glimpse of the Unthinkable.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>52739877
You have no idea. I think joining the beta test crew for Dystopian War was one of my worst decisions when it comes to the hobby. It gave me too much insight on how the company is run. Pic related.
>>
>>52762627
Buy for the minis, dump the game, play KoW.

>>52764492
wat
>>
>>52764492
I think that's just the clothes being weirdly baggy.
>>
So, are there any other TT games (besides WHFB/9th Age) with the Dominions (PC game) 'feel'?
>>
>>52762627
The miniatures are boring, uninspired and not particularly well sculpted (below Mantic level), the bases are retarded, the game in general is unlikely to be long-lived and long-supported, and it's not cheap enough to make up for these flaws.
>>
>>52755652
Ooh, ooh, I've heard something other than that! I've heard it does some neat things with lighting, assuming the whole board's dark except for areas near lights, and that this makes spotlights and streetlights important tactical considerations. this sounds good for a game about dressing up as a bat and wandering around all night beating up the poor.

yeah that's all I've heard. the people I heard it from enjoyed the game, so there's that.
>>
>>52765522
Just play your favourite ancients/medieval rules with made-up nations and skeletons and overpowered gods and homebrew and...

Man, I wish there was a good Dominions-style big battle wargame. That would be awesome. You could also justify low-quality paintjobs on cheap monopose minis as in-keeping with the game, as long as you've got enough of them.
>>
>>52665245

I know this is the AWG but this kind of bothered me about Warhammer 40k and specifically the Orkz. Now, I know it's not mandatory to buy the stuff and I know a lot of people don't, but giving a lot of options for buying Orkz (and making them as pricey as everything else GW does) kind of takes something away a little bit for me. Orkz were always supposed to be ramshackle and THE kitbash army, you know? You were supposed to go down to the hobby store and pick up anything you wanted pretty much and Orkify it. Now, they've sort of given a uniformity to Ork warmachines that kind of makes me sad.
>>
>>52765707
That's nu-GW in a nutshell.
I was just leafing through some mid-2000's GW stuff about how to make your own terrain and scenarios.

It is really sad, but that's why we /awg/ after all, isn't it?
>>
This is a kind of weird question and minis request: I need tech-priests. Not 40K tech-priests, but rust cultist tech-priests from After the End, a Crusader Kings 2 mod.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aftertheendRPG/comments/60bhbe/the_warremaking_ways_of_the_rustish_heathens_as/ has a fan's write-up of some of the culture's military ways, but the tech priests are the religious leaders, followers of the omnissiah in a long post-apocalyptic world that's rebuilt to roughly medieval technology.

They won't have high-tech gubbins like mechadendrites and bionics. They'll be wearing a thick red robe and possibly hood, they may be holding aloft a holy symbol and carrying a book, they're probably armed with a hand weapon. They may have a relic or two, but I'm not terribly sure what's best. Perhaps a crowbar would be good, for prying open ancient sealed doors and emulating the apocryphal tech-saint Freeman. No, they don't have electricity.

I've been looking at various dark ages monks and priests and thinking of just replacing crosses with cogs, if that's any help as to the aesthetic I'm looking for.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>52765522
I don't know what you mean with Dominions feel, but there are a crapton of Fantasy Mass Battle Games around.
>>
>>52766240
>Perhaps a crowbar would be good, for prying open ancient sealed doors and emulating the apocryphal tech-saint Freeman.

lol, le ebin half life joke
>>
>>52766485
Hey, they have a religious tradition of pilgrimages to search for salvage among the ancient ruins. Crowbars are useful for that.

Don't think they really would go for Freeman as a religious figure, though.
>>
>>52762627
It's a concept that's already failed once, see that's waving corpse over there? That's d&d attack wing. It did dials and fantasy and even had fucking dragon models and it failed - with dragons!

This has shit tier sculpts, weird forced bases, more dials and tokens. Massed battle needs are taken by Kings of War, most other company have decided to go for skirmish games as that's where the markets moved to.
>>
>>52766723
>shit tier sculpts
Anon, are you high, or just FFG took a shit in your morning cereals?

Also the dial thing is like..."this game used dice, this other one uses dice too, first one failed thus second one's shit too".
>>
File: ASTRO-05_600_450.jpg (141KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ASTRO-05_600_450.jpg
141KB, 600x450px
>>52766240
There's these models from Lead Adventure, I own them and they're pretty good.
>>
>>52766240
Eden or Punkocalypse might have stuff you can use too.
>>
So Derek from Spartan games posted this this morning:

>Just popping online to give you an insight into what we have just finished in playtest and design for Halo: Ground Command.

>As of today we have finished Covenant/Banished: Banshees, Brute Overseers, Brute Assault Troops, Brute Chieftains, Suicide/Demolition Grunts, and Marauders!

>....along with UNSC: Falcons, Marines, Helbringers, Jackrabbits, Noble Team, and Grizzlies!
>Now, to be clear this just means they are completed in design and testing.... I don't know when they are coming out...so don't ask! :P But I thought it would be a good idea to keep you in the loop as to where we are going in the near future.

and since we know Fireteam Osiris was getting the approval from 343 and they did tease another vehicle for the covenant that means that the next few months promise to be pretty pack also with the beta for the force builder launching between now and next week things are looking good.
>>
>>52768008
Wait, Derek is still alive?
>>
>>52766240
http://victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/spanish-inquisition-resin

You could convert some of these maybe. You neglected to mention the scale and how many you'd need, so I figured a couple of 28mm dudes would suffice.
>>
>>52768049
Apparently yeah
>>
>>52768008
So, Halo: Ground Command is mostly done. The Dystopian War kickstarter is supposed to ship in a couple month. There's a full schedule for Firestorm: Everything that includes a shit ton of releases every month in the next sixth months.

Surely they will manage to deal with this sudden surge in production without fucking up, delaying everything by a year and going back on half their promises.
>>
>>52768110
I swear you just jinxed, but regardless, I'm glad that they got most of this models out the way now, since I'm really interested where they take it next with HGC.
>>
Quick question: is this the right thread to talk about homebrew games in the making?
>>
>>52768599
Sure, as long as they are /alternative/. If you are cooking up a homebrew ruleset for WW1 or something, /hwg/ would be the place to go.
>>
Btw the force builder will eventually expand to cover other games from Spartan Games, HGC launch next week is going to be the beta phase
>>
File: elfcake.jpg (13KB, 236x324px) Image search: [Google]
elfcake.jpg
13KB, 236x324px
>>52768653
Thanks!

So, what I'm starting to brew is a fantasy skirmish system with 20-40 men warbands in mind, meant to allow to play with whatever fantasy miniatures one may have.

For movement and melee division purposes it works similarly to the LOTR wargame. It is based on d10 and has To Hit and To Wound charts similars to those from WHFB, working like this: a model with Combat equal to target's Defence will hit on 6+, if attack is higher by one point it's 5+, then 4+, 3+ etc, while if it's lower by one point it's 7+, then 8+ etc. Same works on the roll to wound for Strength and Toughness. Shields increase Defence, armour affects Toughness, etc.

Most importantly, since the goal is to allow players to bring whatever miniatures as long as they look good together, I'm coming up with a system of basic 'archetypes' as unit/creature types, each with a basic profile and allowing a bunch of options concerning additional innate abilities, martial prowess and disciplines, and/or equipment. For example, from the 'Trampling fury ' archetype you can derivate a bull monster by taking a powerful charge option or a gryphon by taking the wings option. The archetype defines not only the basic profile but also which additional features may be taken.

I'll put the scheme I've been working on for the archetypes in my next post. I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on it.
>>
>>52769251
>Infantry (Standard base: 25mm)
Light infantry
Heavy infantry
Special infantry
Elite skirmishers

>Cavalry (Standard base: 40mm)
Light cavalry
Heavy cavalry
Fast cavalry

>Creature swarms (Standard base: 40mm)
Critter horde (Swarm of small physical creatures)
Ghastly host (Swarm of demons, ghosts or other supernatural creatures)

>Medium creatures (Standard base: 25mm)
Hunting hound (fast quadrupedal predator)
Horrid mutant (monstrous humanoid )

>Large creatures (Standard base: 40mm)
>>Humanoids
Hulking brute (Brutish, dumb, poorly equipped, slow; ex. Troll)
Monstrous warmonger (Disciplined, potentially well armed, can have special movement features; ex. Centaur, Dragon Ogre, Morghast, Everblight Nephilim)
Slithering hunter (Relatively frail but fast and stealthy, potentially well armed; ex. Ophidian Vortiran)
>>Beasts
Nefarious predator (Fast, agile, aggressive; ex. giant lion, displacer beast, Everblight Raek, Drune Hound of Scathach)
Trampling fury (Powerful, tough, ‘tanky’: ex. monstrous boar)
Winged raptor (Airborne creature; ex. giant bat, Terradon…)
Shambling abomination (Unpredictable, extremely mutated and with weird powers; ex. Chaos spawn)
>>
File: Dragons-Dont-Share-Diorama1.jpg (132KB, 700x680px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons-Dont-Share-Diorama1.jpg
132KB, 700x680px
>>52769291

>Huge creatures (Standard base: 60-80 mm)
>>Humanoids
Towering giant (Big, dumb, primitive and strong; typical giants, Shaggoth dragon ogre…)
Fiendish overlord (Not as brutish but many special options; ex. Balrog, Greater Demon, Tyranid Hive Tyrant…)
Beasts
Feral behemoth (Big, tough beast; ex. mammoth)
Great nightmare (Creature with many wicked natural weapons and potentially wings, breath weapons and supernatural powers; ex. dragon)
Devourer worm (Worm or snake – like creature)
Terror of Many Heads (Hydras, tentacle beasts)
Atrocious abomination (Larger version of the Shambling abomination)

>Enormous creatures (Standard base: 100-130 mm)
Colossal fiend (Larger version of the Fiendish Overlord)
World-eater worm (Larger version of the Devourer worm)
Unleashed leviathan (Larger version of the Feral behemoth)
Ancient wyrm (Larger version of the Great nightmare)
Aberrant god (Larger version of the Atrocious abomination)
>>
>>52768059
Those are pretty sweet! Not hooded, but tons of style. 28mm, yeah, and just a character model or two.

>>52766767
I love their stuff, but that's a bit too techy for me. I know, I'm stupid.

>>52767567
Forgot those ranges existed, I'll go look.

I know, I'm asking for [thing] that's [not thing], but I'll figure something out.
>>
>>52739348
Excuse my mini knowledge, but where are the hazmat miniatures from?
>>
>>52769865
Everything except the Jabberwocks are from Hasslefree Miniatures.
>>
>>52768599
We should add this to the sticky, we get the question every thread.
>>
>>52769291
Do flying small beasts fall under specual infantry? Why the distinction between fast and light cavalry?
Other then that i guess the list is fine, not much feedback to give. Say more about the system, is it just lotr or are there any other twists? I might be wrong, but i think lotr was a wfb scale game right? How are you adjusting it for skirmish? Also are you sure you aren't goibg a bit too big with scale? I have problems seeing an ancient wyrm in a 20 40 miniatures game, unless in general the troops are supposed to be very elite, but then it kind of defeats the point of having an ancient wyrm if he has problems killing 20 dudes. I would like to know more about the big beasts.
>>
>>52664546
I think your made your Terminators wrong.
>>
>>52766723
Moat of the people I talked to who played Artack Wing said they stopped because it was a horridly unbalanced mess. Not one complaint about dials or special dice, just shitty balance that made certain models must haves or you basically auto-lost.

As for the models: eh. They aren't super detailed, but in a mass battle rank n file game do they really need to be? I get it for skirmish games where each dude is an individual of some sort, but when they're going to be in big blocks of dudes and you'll be obaerving them from several feet away at most times I don't think cluttering them up with pointless detail is really needed.

I think the bases thing is kinda brilliant. You lose enough guys you just slot out the tray they were on but still have the remainder of the unit. Better than just having a giant empty movement tray trailing behind guys. Also lets you choose unit sizes easier. In a game where dudes are wound markers(so far my biggest gripe with Runewars) this makes good sense.

I would love a skirmish game set in Terrinoth sort of like Imperial Assault, though.
>>
File: Skirmish1.jpg (321KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Skirmish1.jpg
321KB, 1600x1200px
>>52770542
Sorry, I wanted to be sure.

>>52770683
I should actually add a category for infantry with special physical features like wings. With special infantry I meant very specialized troops that could have peculiar abilities. To take an example from WHFB, high elf spearmen, blademasters or white lions would be heavy infantry, while phoenix guards would be special infantry. "Special" in this case means they have access to either extremely rare or peculiar equipment options, or superhuman abilities that don't just come from training.
As for cavalry, light cavalry is just cavalry that doesn't have very heavy equipment like heavy lances, plate armour and barding, while fast cavalry is made by particularly competent riders, able to perform stunts that most cavalry wouldn't be able to pull out. But now that I think of it it may actually be redundant.

It's not exactly like LOTR, it's just my major source of inspiration.
The turn will be divided in a phase during which models of either side can be activated and thus move and/or shoot or use special abilities like spells, and then a melee phase in which to resolve combat. About the activation phase, I'm pondering wheter to have players alternating in activating a partition of their warband at a time, or just one player doing all his activations and then the other doing the same. I prefer the first in general, but I have to see how simple it is to carry out.
>>
>>52770979
>Sorry, I wanted to be sure.
don't worry better to ask then post right away,i was just poiting that out, in case i am not th one making next op.

as for the rest, i of course don't know how customizable you are makign the archetypes, but it feels like a cavalry being fast should be just a customization option for light cavalry, i don't see why it diserves another archetype(but you do know more then me so feel free to enlighten me),same goes for your description of special infantry, in a game about customization and adatation of your miniatures for the rules it feels like having special peculiar ability should be normal, so why another type for them? Maybe didn't grasp the level of customizability you are aiming for, please make an example.
>>
File: Skirmish2.jpg (202KB, 940x432px) Image search: [Google]
Skirmish2.jpg
202KB, 940x432px
>>52770979
In melee, engaged models are divided into separated melees like in LOTR, each being a 1V1 or a 1Vseveral, but never a severalVseveral. The player that won initiative that turn chooses which melee to resolve first and then picks one of his models to attack first during that melee, then the other player chooses one of its models that attacks next, then back to the first player until all models in the melee have attacked (so in two or three steps). After that, the player who lost initiative picks the next melee and the first one to attack in that melee, and they keep alternating like that until all melees have been fought.

Unlike LOTR all models get to attack and potentially hit, instead of just the side that wins that specific melee.
The typical infantry model would have one wound, one attack with a weapon that can deal up to one wound, and Strength and Toughness between 3 and 5 (they top at 10 for the bigger monsters).

Regarding LOTR, most games I've seen were between 20-40 models as well, thus my choice of scale. Consider that generally they were played between 300 and 600 points, the cheapest model is about 4 points and the priciest is 400.

I'm pondering about the maximum sizes as well, but my line of thought is that an army of one huge monster and 20 cheap infantry models should be an even match for another army of about 30 mixed infantry and cavalry ranging from average to elite quality, or a swarm of 50 cheap infantry. Again, LOTR worked nicely even with things like the Balrog, Dragons and Mumakil in the mix; very powerful monsters may steamroll mostly anything that comes their way but have a harder time repaying their cost and gaining you field control for objectives and such stuff.
>>
>>52771102
I'm still debating on how granular or broad the archetypes for infantry and cavalry should be, while I'm pretty satisfied for the creatures at the moment.
Basically what I'm aiming for is to not leave so many customization option for each category to encourage excessive mixmaxing or create weird situations like individual models being good at too many different things, or point prices being able to scale up too much and then making harder to figure out decent balancement.

As to make an example:
First of all, one should decide the 'race' its forces belong to, although mixed races are possible within certain limits. You start from a human template and choose up to three features that may be either innate (ex. Mighty for powerful barbarians, Paragons for elves, Crooked for goblins, Deathless for undead...) or come from technique or technology (ex innovations such as fire weapons or plate armour, or the mastery of stealth or assassination).

Once you have your race youcan make different unit types.
The difference between light and heavy infantry is that the latter can have heavy armour and weapons or abilities designed for serrated formations (like polearms, tower shields, or the ability to protect allies in a shield wall), while light infantry has access to ranged weapons, dual-wielding, scouting abilities, et similia. Special infantry may have either some really special weapons, like repeater handguns or electrified lances, or some supernatural abilities, like regeneration or teleportation. Elite skirmishers have access to infiltration or ranged abilities superior to those of normal light infantry. So basically, light and heavy infantry have their different equipment options and their separate list of optionals rule from whom they can pick just one or two, while special infantry and elite skirmishers have additional equipment options, can pick more abilities, and possibly pick more 'peculiar' abilities as well, but pay an extra price for that privilege.
>>
>>52770234
Thanks anon, I'll check them out.
>>
>>52772920
Be advised that they have a lot of awesome NSFW pieces.
>>
>>52772965
O niggest of my niggas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY9g-0d7BK0
>>
>>52774623
shit, wrong thread. I don't even know how it happened
>>
>>52771129
Are you planning on the phase system that LOTR used (one side moves, the other side moves, one side shoots, the other side shoots, etc.)? I thought that was one of the better systems GW came up with large games.

On the topic of scale, the system did fine with large monsters, but just be wary the biggest thing that broke it down was hordes. Its why the later editions focused on things like volley fire, or the combat support parts. Trying to move 50 Moria goblins and making sure they could all act effectively sucked.
>>
>>52771470
What i don't understand is: if all types of infantry only differ in the oprions, why having four types? Why not having just infantry with all the options ranging from tight formation to skirmishers? Or if you want to divide skirmishers and tight, why not just have twk kinds of infantry and making the options exclusive to special infantry just normal options which are more costly?
>>
>>52769251
>>52769291
>>52769320
honestly this sounds a lot like Dragon Rampant to me, at least in how you're doing unit types
>>
Now for some more game design questions.

So if I have a system where models roll off against each other to hit, what do you think of a system that uses the difference between the rolls to determine how many hits you take?

The idea for the system is that both players roll XD12's and choose the highest, X is determined by models' stats. Rolling the same number on multiple dice on your highest adds to score, +1 for each other of the number. If the attacker rolls higher than the defender, you score a hit. In addition, the weapon the attacker uses has a Rate of Fire stat. Each time the difference meets that, you get an extra hit. To Wound is pretty straight forward rolling, modify by power of the weapon, beating the armor value of the target causes a point of damage.

An example would be an attacker declares the attack. The attacker has an attack stat of '2', and the defender has a defense stat of '2', so both roll 2D12. The attacker gets a '10' and a '3', scoring a '10'. The defender rolls two '4's, scoring a '5'. The attacker wins by '5'. He's using a weapon woth a RoF of '4', so in addition to the hit for winning, he gets an extra hit.

My biggest concerns are about scaling, and I had the idea of melee being the defender can use its attack stats to try to strike back, but how to make it so its not a no brainer to choose attacking back or defending.
>>
>>52715767
I'm supposed to check out a demo at my LGS since the owners apparently love it, they're both balls deep into imperial assault and x-wing and keep trying to get me into it. If i get into it I'll probably wait until there's more than 2 armies
>>
>>52715767
honestly this looks hella cool. how is it price wise compared to GW stuff?
>>
>>52780661
On the individual model level? Not that much better. Don't know about overall, haven't seen anything yet.
>>
File: heavygearblitz.jpg (84KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
heavygearblitz.jpg
84KB, 960x720px
Fellow Heavy Gear players of /awg/, what's your favorite type of unit from the game?

For me, I'm gonna have to go with Jaguars. They might not be as resilient as Mambas, but I seem to always find a way to put them in my lists.
>>
>>52781535
Cobras look cool, carry badass loadouts even if they might not be optimal (minigun + massive fucking cannon, flamethrower + napalm missiles) and generally are more interesting than Grizzlies.
>>
>>52781535
Visagoth. Need I say anything else?

>>52780661
Per model? Not great. You're looking $25 for 8 infantry models(plus movement trays and cards). So not awful(no single infantry dudes costing $30), but not the cheapest around. Still, that box of 8 dudes gets you two trays of guys to either start a new unit or expand an existing pretty easily.
>>
>>52781535
I like the Ferret purely because it is adorable.
>>
Anyone here play spectre and have any thoughts on it? Seems interesting.
>>
>>52784572
It's more /hwg/ than /awg/.

A friend of mine got it and want to give me a demo. I'll go to them in May, and play some Force on Force as well. Curious about Spectre as it looks pretty interesting.
>>
>>52784572
I bought into their Kickstarter, and regretted it massively. Their game system is 'fine', but there's no way I can trust them to send me anything I buy off of them again, considering I got almost none of the kickstarter exclusive rewards, and in some cases the wrong models (Insurgents with RPGs instead of Delta Special Weapons, for instance).
>>
>>52753993
Played it and grown pretty big over here.
I quite enjoy it and gotten a range of crews both for gameplay and just because I like some villains.
Some minor problems but has grown quite solid.
Rather interesting approach to activation through distributation of markers before actually taking an action.
Can go into more details if interest persists.
Hero-builder.net for crew building
>>52764512
Actually only one model from Snyderverse can be played in Batman while armored batman, wonder-woman and superman are in the dc game.
>>
File: Newsletter-FOTO-2.jpg (245KB, 700x599px) Image search: [Google]
Newsletter-FOTO-2.jpg
245KB, 700x599px
Can anyone help me? I'm looking for models to play Legends of the old West, but I'm looing for models bigger than 28mm. I found pic related (36mm by Oniria) but I'm having troubles finding more models with the same scale, including civilians and women (armed or not)

Except some far west looking models from Malifaux, I'm truly in the dark
>>
>>52788038
Black Scorpion has the Tombstone range that is IIRC around 32mm scale. No idea how they measure up against 36mm though.
>>
>>52788091

Heroic scale and 32mm will probably look nothing like 36mm
>>
the bump limit on /tg/ is 310 right?
>>
>>52791044
new thread
>>
>>52715767
Is this rune wars? because I looked up Rune wars on Amazon and the figures did not looks like this
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.