[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheer up thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1491746659112.jpg (249KB, 687x613px) Image search: [Google]
1491746659112.jpg
249KB, 687x613px
I spent 4 months prepping a game, being told by my players would be ready to play "soon".
As it turns out, it won't be until next year. I feel so depressed.

Post stories and inspiration for other GMs to be cheered and encouraged.
>>
File: 1491615290102.jpg (281KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1491615290102.jpg
281KB, 894x894px
Let's start with this :

How do you run a combat encounter with a dragon?
>>
>>52664061
Ballistas. Lots of Ballistas.
>>
>>52664047
How the fuck does it take that long to prep a game?

No, seriously, you're probably putting yourself through a LOT more work than necessary.
>>
>>52664061
If your players are ever capable of killing a dragon, you're playing a shit system.

>>52664047
>be me
>running a GURPS game
>me and player create a race of sapient, antitheist, redditor slugfolk
>he plays it as an insufferable intullectual prat
>running them through a dungeon
>oh shit need to escape
>climax of the dungeon is his character breaking down and worshipping the goddess whose temple they were in
It was a really great character moment. I learned in that campaign that the more you let players shape the world they're in the more invested they become in it
>>
>>52664047
Keep preparing the game. My gaming group has to book every time we play and sometimes play every week and sometimes we have time to play after three months or two. That is due to work changing seasonally. Just keep working with your game. Keep yourself interested, :)
>>
>>52664179
>If your players are ever capable of killing a dragon, you're playing a shit system.
Garbage opinion discarded.
>>
>>52664047
I've heard suicide makes time fly by.
>>
>>52664047

How? In all my years, as a GM, the limiting factor on how often we play has always been me. All players need to do is make a character and show up!
>>
>>52664061

Heavy artillery and lot's of slaves.

Also sharpen wooden stakes made up of trees need to be placed everywhere your artillery is so as to stop the dragon from just lunging at it.

It would be like the reverse of a siege where you have tons of troops and equipment but rather than breaking down a wall you have to defend yourself.
>>
File: 1189756_1362921419828_full.jpg (65KB, 400x417px) Image search: [Google]
1189756_1362921419828_full.jpg
65KB, 400x417px
>Be trying to be more social and not an autist weirdo
>Make plans to hang out with a buddy
>"Ah shit, got to babysit the kids today, I forgot."
>Make plans for another week
>"I'm not feeling too good man, I'm sorry."
>Make plans with a bunch of different friends to play Betrayal at House on The Hill
>Wait 'till 8:00 on the day they were supposed to get there
>Sigh, scratch another off the list
>Suddenly a knock at 8:30
They came after all
>Had a great game night.
>>
>>52665220
>Betrayal
Such a fun game
>>
>>52664047
>running game
>nobody shows up at game time, even after waiting for an hour
>get a bunch of excuses the next day about why they couldn't make it, etc.
>whatever
>next week rolls around, people showing up as normal
>week off managed to sharpen everyone up for the game
>best game in months
Not really happy or uplifting, but it could have been way worse.
>>
>>52664179
>If you're playing a system which allows your players to be innovative enough to find a way to kill a dragon, it's a shit system

You all right, there, sport?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.