[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good/Non-Evil Undead Characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: LG.png (195KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
LG.png
195KB, 600x600px
Do you like them?
Have you played one?
Do you let them in your games?
Got stories?
For a while I was playing a Skeleton Rogue whose main shtick was the ability to stuff his loot in his ribs.
>>
File: Silly Sans.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Silly Sans.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
>>52659885
Do you like them?
Yes
>>
There was the Pun Lich, an undead comedian who only wanted to entertain. The PC's tried and failed to destroy him three times, never found the phylactery.
>>
File: oak_concept_by_frogboy-d666kzn.jpg (162KB, 985x811px) Image search: [Google]
oak_concept_by_frogboy-d666kzn.jpg
162KB, 985x811px
I played in a setting once where one of the most prevalent gods was a a good aligned god of death. Most of his clerics were well versed in necromancy (Although they preferred spirit stuff over more corporal un-dead)). Their battle cry was " The dead shall protect the living!" It would not be uncommon that if a village or town was being threatened, then a cleric would summon a host of spirit soldiers to assist in defense.

My character was a knight, who was slain in defense of his brotherhood's fortress when it was attacked by a horde of demons. In the afterlife, he met with the god, who offered him a choice. Move on to my eternal rest, or take back up my weapon, and continue to fight in the name of the righteous dead. So I became my partys spooky skeleton paladin.
>>
>>52659885

Not sure if this counts,but in my group's current game I'm playing a copy of a dude's consciousness in a synthetic body.

The dude was part of an experiment to upload consciousness into timeless bodies, but they didn't really think through the concept that copy doesn't mean transfer.

After the program got mothballed, they shut down the robots and put them in storage. Fast forward 100,000 years, one of my comrades found my character and reactivates him. No there are a few dozen copies of the same dude from 100,000 years ago trying to cope with what the fuck he is and how much time has past.

Mechanically, I'm a front line tank thanks to the robo body, with special bonuses from the party engineer (dude who found my character) like getting temporary .exe files mid combat that enhance the robotic body's abilities. (Situational +Hit or +Crit, darkvision, etc.)

It feels similar to a necromancer- undead thrall combo I was part of a few games ago. I think it adds some interesting angles and hooks to our campaigns. I should note that our DM likes working with us to craft stories that focus on the characters rather than overarching BBEG type campaigns.

The one thing that sets this apart from true undead is that robots aren't as universally disproved of as undead. I can walk around in towns and talk to important characters and stuff.
>>
>>52660107

Cool. What racial template/system did you use? Did you still have a weakness to certain religious symbols (Evil god of death's sigil, or some sort of anti-undead god's marks?) Did you get perks or advantages in combat, like resist to poison/disease?

I tried an undead character once, but it was hard for the DM to keep the campaign balanced.
>>
>>52659885
Good Undead characters are the best. They have already shuffled off the mortal coil, but have decided to come back to kick more evil ass
>>
>>52660271
My DM at the time was pretty cool with re-skinning anything to match any other aesthetic. It was 4ed DnD campaign, back when it was still newish. I was playing as a shardmind, just changing all the abilities to match the theme.

The racial teleport: I disappeared in a cloud of silver mist as I walked through the underworld.

Telepathy: My soul was talking directly to you

Living Construct: I was undead, so I did not need to eat or sleep anyway

We flavored the abilities the same way. It's hard to remember now, but I think I was an invoker/something hyrbid. We themed my ranged attacks to match. Instead of firing bolts of energy out of my hands, I would raise my hand, and ghostly knights with armor matching mine and crossbows would appear in the background and fire etc etc

There was an evil goddess who's forces were the main antagonist, they had developed these negative energy bombs to disrupt the usual spirit legions, but I was considered too strongly connected to the god to be affect. They did start to roll out heavier countermeasures, but our rogue started to sneak into their camps to sabotage them before they could be used against me.
>>
>>52660178
>Situational, temporary .exe combat programs in the middle of battle from the engineer
That sounds cool as fuck. What else does the engineer do? Being a buffbot for for just one other player sounds like it could be boring so I imagine he does other stuff too, but I've always dug really cool synergies like that.
>>
>>52660446

Since my character isn't organic, the party medic can't heal the damage my bot sustains. The engineer repairs and upgrades the robo shell.

Since I'm a super advanced AI, we can hack just about anything. I go in and describe the structure (binary, language, logic structure, etc.) and he walks me through the process. As players, that means I get the "base" of a puzzle (for instance a blank crossword, sudoku, or other type of puzzle) and the engineer gets the rules/clues. We "talk" via notes until we solve the puzzle. This lets everyone else continue playing and doing whatever while we work on the hacking.
>>
>>52660814
So you basically play Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes at the table? That's really fucking neat, your group sounds like a lot of fun.
>>
>>52660867
Our GM is really good and constantly has ways to keep the game from just being roll play. We can go two or three sessions without combat and it's still a total blast. I'm not sure how he has time to set everything up, but he has a briefcase full of side material for every session.
>>
>>52660989
Generally speaking, our games tend to run two on, one off. We'll have two sessions where we're off completing objectives and fighting hard and we'll knock our way through 6+ encounters, and then we'll have one session that's almost pure roleplay. That's not a rule, just an average.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.