[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do board games bring the worst out of people?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: WHY.jpg (93KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
WHY.jpg
93KB, 400x399px
Why do board games bring the worst out of people?
>>
Ever consider your friends are shit?
>>
I just lost The Game
>>
>>52655894
>Why do board games bring the worst out of people?

Because of your generation were raised in a hugbox and never learned how to lose.
>>
>>52656119
OP gave no clue as to when he was born. Kindly collect another SSI check then kill yourself, in no particular order.
>>
>>52656150
Truth hurts, doesn't it, millenial kid?
>>
Because everybody is attempting to reach the promised land that Critical Roll has tricked people into believing is normal.
>>
>>52655894
Because you're playing bad games
>>
>>52655894
They don't. You base your worldview on 4chan where the biggest dregs (psychologically) of 1st and 2nd world society gather. Seriously, going to reddit si an actual insult here, because you can get information there without being told to find it yourself or lurk more, and people converse normally, not with memes and insults. Think on that. Also the people you play with, which I am assuming are randoms off roll20 or something similar, because you never made real friends/friends with similar interests, which may or may not be your fault.

>>52656119
>>52656167
M8 you're a fucking moron. You have it way way better than many people you consider millenials, simply because you are from a 1st world country, of which I am almost certain because you write with an air of somebody who has it all but doesn't appreciate it. People who really had it hard don't spout dumb shit about how we need to "toughen up the youth" etc.
>>
>>52656328
>Visiting Reddit isn't an insult in 3rd world shitholes
Huh
>>
>>52656373
>if you say something is a gathering place for a certain group of people, it means nobody else gathers there or shares the sentiments of that group

Don't maymay arrow me and then reductio ad absurdum my arguments you fucking illiterate faggot.
>>
>>52656252
Explain? What do critical rolls have to do with personality?
>>
>>52656328
Man that first paragraph is one hell of a wake up call.
>>
>>52656643
Critical Roll is a podcast Anon, it has brought it a ridiculously massive percentage of the new rpg player base who don't realize that show is 100% scripted, has a dedicated production crew, 3 writers and are all paid actors.
>>
>>52655894

i can attest to this because i've never seen anybody sit through a full game of Risk without turning into a furious, shivering ball of anger who hates the world
>>
>>52656700
I see, oof
>>
>>52656119
If my generation was raised in a hugbox, then your generation was the one that raised it that way. Take some responsibility for once.
>>
>>52656736
You see the conflict in /5e/ where new players brought into the hobby by Critical Roll want to play D&D like WoD LARPing and the old players want to actually play a (RP)game.
>>
>>52656808
I tihnk my group has this issue. We spend hours of game time talking about the most mundane shit. We spent an hour talking about the taste of mint/vomit/dirt for no real reason.

I plan on starting a session of my own soon but it's my only party for now.
>>
>>52655926
No, I def know that this is the case with 99% of people. Not just my friends and family.

>>52656119
I am not a millenial, but I wish I was. I was born in the 80s.

>>52656278
Some games are worst than others, but still the point stands. Certain games will for sure make people boil in anger.

>>52656328
Stop assuming things and go back to your shit containment leddit site, cuck.

>>52656700
I have never seen Critical Roll, but this it nothing new. People getting mad over board games has been true since the beginning of mankind.
I know of game sessions with people yelling at each other, with the liquid in the glass of a player being thrown in the face of other, people walking out of games, people insulting each other, I heard of 2 friends who stopped talking to each other after a game of Diplomacy, and so on.

>>52656718
I heard Risk is particularly infuriating.

>>52656750
Babyboomers are the fucking worst.
>>
>>52656328
>You have it way way better than many people you consider millenials
I do. I've worked for what I have, and didn't bitch the whole time doing it.

>you write with an air of somebody who has it all but doesn't appreciate it.
I know what I have and appreciate it because I earned it

>People who really had it hard don't spout dumb shit about how we need to "toughen up the youth" etc.
Oh no we do. Trust me, we do. Grew up in a poor as fuck family eating govt cheese and blue label food club garbage. No one paid for my trade school, I worked shit jobs and saved for it.

At this point, I'm amazed you didn't call me racist or x-phobic or problematic, you fucking redditor faggot.
Grow up.
Toughen up.
Bitch.
>>
>>52656328
>4chan where the biggest dregs (psychologically) of 1st and 2nd world society gather
Like you?
>>
>>52656877
That puts you in prime millennial territory, as most put them as being born from the early 80s to late 90s.
>>
>>52656956
No, millenial is being born from '00 to '10
>>
>>52656908
>I earned my slavery unlike you bitches

OP, board games don't bring out the worst in people. People are the worst. Sometimes they play boardgames instead of other bullshit, but they're still the worst, just a different coat of paint.
>>
>>52656839
I've got a theory that explains why despite being more popular than ever RPG's sales continue to decline; almost nobody is actually invested in their characters any more because DM's have been instructed not to give out unique magic items any more.
>>
>>52656328
Reddit is hated because it enforces mob mentality where every new idea that goes against the established narrative gets downvoted and/or deleted with the poster being banned or flagged as the outsider.
But sure at least you can get spoonfed by fellow retards in a safe and healthy environment.
You have to go back.
Especially programming retaled subreddits are a fucking cesspit i wouldn't browse if i was paid to instead of /g/.
>>
>>52656877
>Babyboomers are the fucking worst.
I was born in 96, my mother in 74, what generation am I? Z?
What is hers?
I was never taught any ideology but Zeitgeist pushed me to the far right.
>>
>>52656328
>butthurt redditor has a couple of bevvies and tries to tell 4chan how it is

KYS. :)
>>
>>52657163
>I was born in 96

Millenial.

>Zeitgeist pushed me to the far right.

Also a tryhard faggot.
>>
>>52657082

Wrong. Google it and stop spouting bullshit.

Also, I'm filtering your tripcode because you're obviously a shithead.
>>
>>52657084
>i earned my slavery
Have fun being poor. Also, I own my own business, so who's the slave, you fucking samefagging douchbag?
>>
>>52655894
Where do I find friends with good taste in board games? All my friends like boring normie shit and look at me like Im a freak when I suggest something different. Im so fucking bored of Cards against humanity.
>>
>>52657269
>Cards against humanity.
>playing "edgy" game for "dangerous" normalfags
Find better friends, try a small community or STEM college.
>>
>>52657262
>thinks business owners aren't slaves
>laughinghyperstructure.jpg
>>
>>52656877
>>52656908
>everyone that doesn't agree with me is a SJW millenial bitch that hasn't worked for anything in their life

Anons please.

>>52656928
Yeah mate, like me. Why else would I (still) go here otherwise? The problem is putting shit people together makes everything even shittier, hence the problem of finding people to play/discuss with on /tg/ and similar sites, or people to do X with and talk about Y on 4chan in general.

>>52657134
Different ideas can be articulated without insults or memes. You couldn't even wait until the end of your message to write "you have to go back", you're spouting it right there in the middle like you have some kind of lexical Gilles de la Tourette's. Please don't say you can't notice this.
And sure, mysanthropy and elitism is many people's thing so I can completely understand why you would want to visit a forum with less people, fewer possible threads, and thread superiority by bumps/time of posting as opposed to quality. But hey, at least you can post your frog memes and call everyone crabs in a bucket. With other crabs in your smaller, shittier bucket.
>>
>>52656877
Anon, honey, born in the 80s is most likely Millenial, although it's a little fuzzy for early 80s.
I was born mid-80s, and I fall into the Millenial category.
>>
>>52657222
>I could not articulate an original thought or argument if I was held at gunpoint, but I'll show this guy!
>>
>>52657306
>everyone that doesn't agree with me is a SJW millenial bitch that hasn't worked for anything in their life
Didn't mean it that way, it was directed at >>52656908 more specifically, though I'm sure it would work for most millenials
>>
>>52656700
>Critical Roll brought in a massive wave of new players.

Where does this assumption come from? I've seen nothing to suggest that podcast's existence registers much outside the various preexisting communities.

I've played across four meatspace groups and no one's ever once mentioned it. My current group is as casual as you can get and I'm probably the only one even aware of this podcast's existence. I have this sinking suspicion the people who complain about Critical Roll don't actually play RPGs and are just neckbeards having a knee jerk reaction to a "trendy" YouTube show.
>>
>>52657450
This argument doesn't really work when "trendy Youtube Show" gets centre stage at PAX and Comic Con and is actively advertised by Wizards.
>>
>>52657594
Yeah but how many people who go to those cons actually go home and play RPGs? I have a lot of friends into that kind of stuff and only a few ever showed interest in playing an RPG.

And I personally wasn't even aware Critical Roll was a thing until I heard about it on /tg/. Every experience I've had with RPG communities outside of the internet tells me the "invasion" of mouth breathing normies who think a Nat 1 opens a wacky portal to Cthulu's butthole is a myth.
>>
>>52655894
If you mean, their characters are monsters, then remember what imagination and a lack of need for compassion for other imaginary characters will do.
>>
>>52655894

Because it separates you from reality and sets you and your friends on a path with a different objective in life.

You no longer care for that work-thing, you don't think about the "needs-to" back home. Your here because of other factors. And depending on who you are deep down, you will act accordingly.

I have a friend who is a great guy, fun to hang around and generally nice guy. But when playing games, he becomes the worst rule lawyering prick that can ruin just about any good time. Spent a good 25 minutes wasted on our latest Talisman run because he disagreed on a single word in a sentence. Im not joking, he gets anal about these things. If he gets like this because his drive to win, or because he has a hard time simply following the rules others have written, I don't know, but its annoying as fuck!
>>
>>52655894
because board games bring the worst people out
>>
>>52655894

Competition and/or working socially with others. Some people value their own ego over all else, and will get really ugly if they lose or look like they will because they perceive it as a challenge and/or direct threat to their ego. Other might instead/also try to use such situation where others are forced to hang around them as some form of social leverage they can use against others for whatever reason to forward whatever purpose.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.