[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need creature powers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1474372989832.png (593KB, 1200x766px) Image search: [Google]
1474372989832.png
593KB, 1200x766px
I'm going to be throwing this thing at my party, i wanna make it a powerful and intimidating boss.
>>
Make able to change size from huge to small enough to crawl into their ears.
>>
And teleport easily.
>>
>>52653804
What does it DO?
>>
>>52653887
it shitposts on 4chan all day
>>
>>52653804
Maybe the ability to climb up walls, onto the ceiling, and drop on the players?
I can also see it coating parts of the arena in poison-spit.
>>
Poison spit/breath. Grappling PCs and subsequently biting their heads off. Hypnotic gaze. A blur or blink style effect.
>>
>>52653804
Have it be like the Krait in Guild Wars and evolve when fighting shit, which gives it new abilities and the like.
>>
>>52653804
Flapping the butterfly wings spreads toxic dust in the air around it that causes those that inhale it to fall asleep when they fail a con save. Dust remains in the air unitil the start of the creature's next turn, and also heavily obscures the area
>>
File: brutality.png (2MB, 1430x1430px) Image search: [Google]
brutality.png
2MB, 1430x1430px
>>52653804
1) Stages: The boss transforms or fully manifests once its lieutenant is defeated. Powers and abilities change with each stage. Location change is optional, also a good idea.

2) Vulnerability(Logic): Some part of the environment or boss that the PCs can interact with can decrease the boss's power level or give the PCs an advantage. Magic gem charging their abilities, ancient tome they carry grants magic, etc. Destroy the tome or gem, and the boss is either weaker or moves on to the next stage.

3) Escalation: Instead of Save or die/suck, give them abilities that ratchet up in severity, such as stealing the shadow of one PC which can then attempt to steal another shadow, and so on. Maybe the boss is filling the uneven floor with acid, which is collecting in increasing pools that will eventually leave no safe ground in the room.

4) Loot: Phat items, bruh. Add princesses in distress to taste.
>>
>>52655388
For added fun, it can sacrifice its movement on the round it creates the cloud to blow it in the direction of a character
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.