[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arena Suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Arena.png (890KB, 720x504px) Image search: [Google]
Arena.png
890KB, 720x504px
I'm running a sandbox game and the players had asked if there were arenas where people could fight monsters for money. i said sure and now the players are about to register for some fights.

first off, what can i add to an arena map to make it more than just something like this bland flat ground?

what other tips would you recommend?
>>
>>52649899
Lava pit.

with jumping platforms that slowly collapse from the fighting
>>
>>52649899
"Lair" spells.
So the operator may fill it knee deep with water for aquatic
Magic mist and mud for swamp dwellers
Mazes for Minotaurs
Illusionary horde for swarmy species.
>>
>>52649899
First describe the arena pit as that grassy knoll you have there, but be sure to add that it seems overgrown with grass and treacherously uneven underneath.
Have them roll reflex (or dex if this is 5e) saves every now and then. If someone fails, describe how they trip and sprain their ankle on some root. If they pull on it, reveal that it's actually a corpse decked in gladiator gear.
Infact, the whole arena is a mess of the bodies of fallen gladiators whom no one bothered to remove.
Most players should be uneasy after this but smart players can make use of the corpses by grabbing rusty weapons/removed limbs for improvised attacks or raising the dead.
>>
>>52649899

Giant circular saws embedded around the arena.

If the fight goes on too long, ranged weapons are distributed to the audience, with prizes to anyone who nails a gladiator. The weapons/ammo are marked for identification.
>>
>>52649899

rocks and traps e.g pitfall and darts

ice/oil floor

no gear except what they find in the arena
>>
A steam geyser that goes off regularly, every six turns or so? The water is hot enough to instantly boil a man alive.

A scaffold tower, erected hastily (and improperly), for an archery battle.
>>
A tricycle. A swingset. A giant ladder and Briefcase full of money(or guns!)
Beer.
Wooden Posts sticking out of the ground

TUNNELS

A pool of water with a set of keys at the bottom.
Puzzles.
>>
>>52650470
for an arena?
>>
File: TexturedArena.png (1MB, 2020x1368px) Image search: [Google]
TexturedArena.png
1MB, 2020x1368px
here, enjoy a better map than that crappy ass one
>>
>>52649899
Them springy ropes what they use in professional wrestling.
>>
File: 1491803645339.png (293KB, 533x408px) Image search: [Google]
1491803645339.png
293KB, 533x408px
>>52651078
Yeah sure

Just make it a toybox for your players, let them make the cool shit happen

Ladders are essential tho
>>
File: BestestArena.png (3MB, 2017x1368px) Image search: [Google]
BestestArena.png
3MB, 2017x1368px
>>52652485
is this too crowded?
>>
>>52649899
ropes, ladders, chairs, and a couple of cute ring girls
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.