[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kamigakari Thread: "Can i be X" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 59

File: 1484502905601.jpg (111KB, 507x709px) Image search: [Google]
1484502905601.jpg
111KB, 507x709px
Interest was shown, as slow a pace as it was so lets keep the ball rolling.

This time, Lets try to delve deeper into concepts for characters. Just about anything is possible, and if its not, lets find a way to MAKE it possible.

Baseline stuff
http://www.mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar

Expansions and errata
http://pastebin.com/u/RoyalTeaRed
>>
Starting us off, we'll start with the anon from last times question, on katekyo hitman reborn.

The short answer? yes. The longer answer? It depends on which character.

Starting us off at the top, tsuna. Using him as an example, he'd likely be godhand A or B, or dragon carrier A as his main style. Thematically, i think Dragon carrier A fits best. As for his second style, I think elemental adept A works pretty well. It lets you use attacks of varying ranges, sizes, and damages, and also allows you to buff others.

Using another example, yamamoto. His base styles would probably be Arc slayer A/B, with Time Wizard B being a good secondary choice on the second style.

If you want to emulate box weapons, you'd wanna go contractor, and talk to your DM about setting up the bound primals (or steed in dino's case) as needed.
>>
File: Katekyo hitman reborn.png (1MB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
Katekyo hitman reborn.png
1MB, 1191x670px
>>52648381
However, Certain characters like Hibari kyouya, those may be more difficult.

How he fights is extremely hard to pin down to a style. About the only thing i can say is he'd probably use the projectile weapon in the ranged arms. It covers things like whips, and things like that, so it'd work for most of his tonfa's more extraneous capabilities.

If i had to wager a guess, i would say Arc slayer A (because he's a melee powerhouse), and Contractor B (because he has a tendency of collecting animals).
>>
>>52648193
As we said last time, Contractor B is pretty much a stand from jojo if your DM allows it. Time wizard A is basically kiritsugu. Things like that.

So if you have a concept, or a challenge even, lets see it.
>>
File: Killua.png (240KB, 615x518px) Image search: [Google]
Killua.png
240KB, 615x518px
>>52648551
Using another example from a popular series, Killua zoldyck of hunter X hunter.

In general, he'd be dark hunter A/B, almost assuredly, but at 5th level would dip into elemental adept, focusing on shock damage.

Projectile weapon would cover his yoyo's. You'd probably want to grab a pair of guards as well, if you plan to emulate his unarmed combat style more efficiently.
>>
This game's genre probably doesn't support this, but are Mecha possible? Y'know, Gundam, Mazinger, Big O, and the like.
No real reason for asking, just curious.
>>
>>52650706
I was just thinking about that, and honestly, i'm not sure. There's powered suit type armors, but those are much smaller scale than you are talking.

The size scale in the game is pretty variable though, so including mecha wouldn't be terribly difficult.

TL;DR, i'll look into it.
>>
>>52650706
>>52650748
From what i can gather, there's nothing quite like the big mechs you want.

In the second expansion, machine god of damocles, there's armors called AA's that seem to imply a fair amount of size, restricted to cyborgs, and one that isn't restricted called a spirit mobile armor.

However, regardless of what armor you are using, to my knowledge the player can't actually change their size.

Size goes from 1-5, with 1 being a child, 2 being an adult, and 5 being giant.

However, the grid itself's size is variable, because no matter how big the enemy is or what the measurement of the squares themselves are, you always take up 1 square. Whether its 10 meters by 10 or 100 by 100.

So in the event you want to do something like that, you could swap out armors to one of the aforementioned AA's or spirit mobile armor and simply call it a mech when the grids measurements increase to a suitably large size.
>>
>>52651246
Thanks for the research.

As I said, I don't plan on using mecha in any hypothetical game I'm planning. It's good to know it would be possible, though.
Any game I'd set up wouöd probably be something like a Darker than Black expy setting being invaded by Lovecraftian horrors.

@ Kamigakari anon or anyone else knowledgable:
Are the 5 Expansions it, or will there be more releases in the future?
Does the game has a homepage anyway? I'd look at a horribly mangled Google Translate version, but I kinda wanna check it out anyway.
>>
>>52651380
The darker than black thing is actually an interesting idea. pretty easily supported by the system too. Good luck with that one.

As for the expansions and the rest, frankly i have no idea. Gonna need to wait for kamigakari anon on that one.
>>
File: ryu-3rd.jpg (102KB, 920x700px) Image search: [Google]
ryu-3rd.jpg
102KB, 920x700px
Oh yeah, forgot to ask.
Would Ryu from Street Fighter be just a straight up God Hand A & B style combination?
>>
>>52652764
Probably. Hadou aside, he's pretty much just a straight up fist fighter.
>>
>>52652916
You could make the Hadou stuff his Race talents if you pick something other than Human.
>>
>>52652975
Magus wouldn't be bad, since its got a nice spread of stats and its first talent could act as a hadouken, but the rest of it isn't exactly well suited to ryu.

I'll look in the supplemental stuff and see if there's a better race.
>>
Looking at this it seems quite interesting, but how would you go about running it?

The hyper-structured and very Japanese approach isn't exactly the kind of thing my group prefer, but it's tied into the mechanics in a few places, like Appearance rolls. How would you adapt it to the more open, less rigid style of most western RPGs?
>>
>>52654464
Well, thats dependent on what you mean by hyper-structured. Thats a really broad question to answer, honestly.

Starting off, if you plan to do a more regular campaign with a party of adventurers doing thing, you will likely want to do away with the appearance rolls entirely. After that would be changing how experience and bonds work. Basing XP off of kills or encounters, and as for bonds, well. I dunno how you'd deal with that.

Frankly, it depends on what part of it you think is too regimented.
>>
>>52655094

The very nature of the GMing advice, generally. Everything being quite a rigid progression of scenes with the focus less on player choice and more on the details of how they proceed through that structure. It's something I've seen in a lot of other japanese tabletops, but not often so mechanically embedded.
>>
>>52655154
Frankly, for the social sections you could do it completely freeform, and use the associated maneuvers as skillchecks whenever they come up.

The process isn't nearly so rigid as the book makes it sound. You can easily take the majority of the system and use it in an average type of campaign, you'd just need to fidget with how things work a bit.

Getting rid of appearance checks gets rid of "scenes" as well, since there's no need to differentiate between one scene and the next without them. you'd also need to rework bonds as a result, as bonds have a mechanical effect on gameplay by way of using spirit crest.

That said, and i hate to say this, you may just be better off using a western system to start with if its that much trouble. it pains me to say this, but when you are looking at something so deeply rooted in anime culture and wondering how to westernize it, you may be putting the cart before the horse.

My suggestion is to do a one shot with the system. See how they take to the combat and such. social situations can be completely free-formed, so the combat portion is what really matters. If they aren't interested in that, they won't be interested in the system as a whole.
>>
>>52653717
After looking through some of the books, i read marebito in the second expansion, machine god of damocles, and that seems to be the race that best fits ryu. wanderer from another world, good spread of stats (Aside from int), a magical attack as a talent, and ones that can be various powered up versions or just power ups in general.

That seems the way to go.
>>
>>52655575
Looks good.
>>
Browsing the 1st Expansion, the whole Dragon Lord race reads like it's taken from Tenjo Tenge.
This gives me ideas.
>>
>>52655487

My group does enjoy JTTRPG's, we've played Tenra Bansho Zero before, we just don't like the classic japanese method of having quite a lot be predefined, preferring a more player and character focused progression and more improvisation on the GMs part.
>>
I'll wait till Kamigakari Anon uploads new PDFs to really delve into the system, but I've got a pretty good idea how I'd want to run the game and have a fairly long campaign roughly planned out.
>>
Can someone post a pdf for the expansions?
>>
>>52656534
It's in the works. The translator said in the last thread he'll put up some eventually.
>>
>>52648193
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the system. Could someone explain how combat and the use of Talents works in brief?
>>
Signing out for tonight. I'll lurk again tomorrow.

Is there a weapon like this in the rules somewhere?
>>
>>52650706
>>52650748
>>52651246
Legacy User B. Open the True Regalia of Chronos file, CTRL+F for "Titan Armor".

>>52651380
There's one additional book I've yet to really do anything from, which is really light on player options. It's mostly just more items, though it does seem to have an interesting idea in offering "cantrips" for Form: Magic items. Basically 500G additional effects that have small-scale benefits. It otherwise is dedicated to Cthulhu, including having stats for named Cthulhu entities, the big guy included.

Beyond that, I'm expecting at least one more book but it's not announced or anything, and it's been pretty quiet other than monthly Role & Roll Magazine stuff (which is just more items or more Mononoke). Who knows if there'll be anything else, truly.
>>
How big of a party do you recommend? I like to "try" new systems DMing my nephews one shots or short campaigns. But they are only 2
>>
>>52658208
The game itself recommends 3-5, 4 is probably the sweet spot. If you mean 2 as in only two of them, I don't think it would be particularly bad or anything?
>>
>>52655992
Well, its a good thing you just need to improv as a GM to make it more character focused, then.

>>52656884
Basically, your character has initiative, and when their turn hits they get specific "timings" these are your move actions, full actions, etc in other systems. Make sure to pay attention to when a talent says it doesn't use up a timing. This means it can only be used at that time, but can be used with other talents that do use up that timing.

With timing start and prep, you use these to activate certain talents or to move.

With timing attack, you... well. attack. You choose between using your weapon to attack, or using a talent that uses [timing: attack]

The interesting timing, though, is [Unique]. You can use as many of these talents as you wish at a time, assuming you meet the criteria, so long as you don't use the same one twice, once per round each. This means that any talents that say "Unique" can be stacked for increasingly strong effects, assuming you can afford the cost of it.

The cost of a talent is based around what you have in your spirit pool, which is 4 dice you roll at the start of each scene, and reroll the exhausted ones at the beginning of each round.

The last thing to take note of is Engagements. Engagements are any group of 2 or more opposing units that touch sides directly. When you are in an engagement, you must use the withdraw action to move, unless you have talents that ignore engagements.

Basically, you buff or move with start and prep, you attack or use a special ability with attack, and with unique you alter the effects of those abilities.
>>
>>52656941
>book about eldritch entities
I'm waiting with bated breath on that one. Not many things are as fun as eldritch monstrosities.

As for legacy user B, i should have thought of that, honestly. Thats good to know.

>>52658208
Most systems assume around 4 people. Its the sweet spot where the group doesn't get terribly disorganized, but still has enough variety to take on most challenges.

If you have a smaller player size, you just need to adjust some things on monsters accordingly. Reduce health a bit, reduce armor a bit. Reduce damage a bit. Nothing drastic.
>>
>>52659410

Think that's all it will take? I was a bit worried from the mechanics linked with the structure like Appearance rolls and devaluing Luck if I just removed them without replacing or reinterpreting them into something else helpful.
>>
>>52659473
My DM didn't read through the rules entirely for the first couple sessions, and ended up running something akin to what you are talking about.

Simply taking out appearance rolls and the importance of scenes went a long way toward a more character focused story because characters could act more naturally. From there, you just need to work a bit more actively on involving the player in events, which isn't all that difficult. Just make them need to use the maneuvers more often. call for them like you would skill checks. Treat each episode as its own "Dungeon" so to speak. waves of enemies and obstacles until such a time you reach the boss man.

Luck itself doesn't have a terribly high value anyways, even tying it in to appearance rolls. If you want to, you could have it affect what loot is rolled for them, or maybe determine if some lucky event happens based on a luck roll.

there's some really easy ways to get closer to what you want. Try the simpler more overarching ones out first, and go from there. Make changes as needed for the feel you want.
>>
How well does this setting do traveling and non-combat roleplay?
Can I make a campaign with lot of fights but also lots of traveling and npc interaction? Can I even make a session with no fights at all and make it interesting? Or is this just for the action?
>>
>>52659619
The system excels in combat, but you can totally have a lot of social interaction if you so wish. Its much more freeform in this case, with only a scant few maneuvers having to do with social situations, but if your players can roleplay to any degree it can be interesting.

Technically the baseline setting is set in a singular city, but this is just a premade example. If you wanted to set it across several cities, each with its own agencies, people of interest, and unique issue's, thats totally possible as well. So far as travel goes, characters get cars and motorcycles, some even get talents that let them move at equivalent speed to a car.

It just takes a bit more effort to do those things.
>>
>>52659695
I am interesting in doing a campaign that involves lots of traveling to New cities and places. Roleplay isn't much an issue tough
>>
>>52659901
Thats pretty easy then. One thing you can do is have overarching agencies across a region, with them having branch offices in many of the cities they go to.

Maybe while traveling they need to stay somewhere for a night and mysterious shit starts happening, culminating in fighting a big boss thats a ghost or youkai or something.

Travel shenanigans can be interesting in and of themselves.
>>
>>52659972
Actually, a game like princess resurrection/kaibutsu oujo would be pretty cool now that i think on it.

May need to wait on the aforementioned eldritch stuff though.
>>
>>52656941
I don't like the idea of having the power to kill chuthulu
>>
>>52660785
The possibility exists! If you can deal with 3d6+104 damage, four times a turn, and him halving all sources of damage if certain minions are in the combat zone, plus other abilities.

And that's without Boss modifiers.
>>
File: Ara Mitama.jpg (10KB, 250x339px) Image search: [Google]
Ara Mitama.jpg
10KB, 250x339px
>>52660909
>and thats without boss modifiers

Damn. Cthulu is a beast.

>>52660785
Please do remember that you are essentially a demigod in the game, and actual gods exist. You even fight and kill some fallen gods.

For that matter, aramitama in japanese is a state of being for gods, generally describing anger, rage, and destruction. It is literally the wrath of the gods. Opposed to it are Nigi mitama.
>>
>>52663553
I know that and I wouldn't mind killing Zeus or other gods and shit. But the whole point of chuthulu is that we can't do anything to him, that's the fear factor of his stories. Having him as a killable opponent (even if it is really difficult) defeats it's actual story purpose. If you want an enemy to battle you have shit tons of other beings, but please don't call it chuthulu, it doesn't have any sense having him as a "frikking powerfull being that can be defeated" instead of "a cosmic force of nature that is undefeatable and is so big even in a cosmic level (and there are bigger and stronger beings) that human race can't even gasp understanding it".
>>
>>52664489
With strange aeons, even death may die.

Cthulhu is no exception. what makes cthulhu so powerful and foreboding isn't his relative abilities, but that him and other eldritch monstrosities are simply outside the understanding of regular humans. That doesn't make him an inviolable destructive force, it just makes him outside the realm of our understanding.

Also, its just a game dude. If you don't like it, don't use that expansion. Problem solved.
>>
File: 78217595.jpg (12KB, 236x173px) Image search: [Google]
78217595.jpg
12KB, 236x173px
>>52656941
I need the Cthulhu stuff. I decided to make Nyarlathotep the Big Bad for the campaign I'm outlining. (Probably will get used in summer sometime.)
>>
>>52664917
at the rate he's been going with the translations, it will probably be at least partially translated by then. If you need something specific thats not in the book yet by then it'd be better to ask him when the time comes.
>>
>>52659619
Combat is the be-all-end-all of this system. There are very few talents that even do anything outside of combat and everything is built around the expectation that the PCs go around dealing with Haunts before a big showdown fight.
>>
>>52665077
It will take a long, long time for players to reach the Big Boss: There's lots of mid bosses to fight before the big confrontation, which is pretty much the campaign climax.

(I'll probably use Nyarlko as a cover identity he uses to travel hidden among humans. It'd be a nice nod to the anime)
>>
>>52665283
Be careful of that approach. If any of your players have watched the anime, they'll call you on that immediately and there will be no end to the references.

Instead, consider another cover name. Perhaps lotte, from the "Lot" part of nyarlothotep.
>>
>>52665337
I wasn't gonna name the character Nyarlko, just emulate her appearance. Just a generic background character glimpsed from time to time.
>>
I plan on mashing the Filthy Frank cosmology into the game. What boss abilities and shit would best suit the retarded nature of the setting?
>>
>>52665927
Frankly i have absolutely no fucking idea. For that one, you'd be better off going to youtube or google and looking up strangest video games or boss fights.

Thats about as left field as it gets, so i can't really offer a lot of advice.
>>
>"Can i be X" Edition
Can I be a real /m/an.
>>
>>52665978
Can you be a male? easily. Can you be a MAN? thats entirely dependent on you. Most of the martial classes facilitate manliness in one form or another, if you role play them out well, but that's up to you to do.
>>
So this is the thing I cobbled together over the last two days.

CAMPAIGN STRUCTURE

I decided to embrace the episodic nature of the game and went with an anime-like structure with 4-episode "arcs".
The whole campaign is basically one "season", with a maximum of eight "seasons" (i.e. campaigns) planned.

The structure looks like this on paper:
Part 1 = slice of life; basically a role playing section; ends with Incursion alarm
Part 2 = investigation, minor battles
Part 3 = rising action, start of climax (boss battle); cliffhanger
Part 4 = true climax, boss fight; second half = denouement

Rinse and repeat.

CAMPAIGN STORY

Earth is like the metaphysical center of this universe (for Reasons), wanna-be invaders have to take out Earth first
to conquer the rest of our universe.

Reality Incursions happen frequently. The various Factions have allied with each other and formed The Union (thus named
because my naming sense is shit.) Branches of the Union exist all over the globe in various cities. The players are part
of that Union and are all stationed in Japan.
There are five Japanese cities of special interest to this (because ley lines, seals, bla bla, whatever). These are Tokyo,
Osaka, Kyoto, Sapporo, and Okinawa.
To provide changes of pace and to avoid boredom with one location/character all Players create (x number) characters, one
for each city. This allows Players to switch to another location and another character after a story arc is done.

A great danger approaches now. A terrible foe has made himself known. Interdimensional invaders of awesome power have
appeared and intend to conquer our universe.
One of the Dire Emperor's Grand Generals has been assigned to subdue Earth's forces and to open the way for conquest.
Our heroes do not yet know that this is just one of many formidable foes they will have to defeat to protect our universe
from enslavement. Will mankind triumph over the Elder Gods?
>>
>>52666203

ENEMY STRUCTURE

Cthulhu = the Dire Emperor

Bokrug = the planet-sized Realm Ship home of the Ancient Ones (fearfully called the 'Elder Gods' by their subjects)
-> can shift between the various CONQUERED dimensions and universes with ease

The 7 Grand Generals:

Azathoth (the most powerful, magically)
Hastur (the weakest)
Nyarlathotep (the most cunning)
Shub-Niggurath (the only female)
Yig (the most mysterious)
Yog-Sothoth (the most powerfuly, physically)

-> each Grand General has numerous Generals beneath him, which control their diverse forces

(I don't have stats for these guys yet, so their descriptions will most likely change down the line.)
>>
>>52665967
Is there a magic point system for enemies? Cuz that would probably work for the chromosomes as power level/magic mechanic of the setting.
>>
>>52666203
>>52666214
I intend to start this sometime in summer: Hopefully I can get together my standard five players.
>>
>>52666238
Now that I think about it, this is basically a Sailor Moon type of story. One enemy is defeated and another one appears. Hmm.
Maybe a player will even create a Sailor Moon type character. Old school mahou shoujo, heh.
>>
>>52666230
The spirit dice pool mechanic in and of itself would act as that to one degree or another, though i don't know how that works with bosses.

>>52666203
>>52666214
>>52666238
>>52666266
Seems neat. This is also the type of thing the game's setting excels at, so good luck to you on that.
>>
>>52666108
It appears that you did not understand my query.

>>/m/
>>
>>52666354
ah, mecha. In that case, your query was answered earlier in this same thread.

Please see these comments
>>52650706
>>52650748
>>52651246
>>52656941

In short, yes.
>>
>>52666416
HMMMMM

... Dooden, if you're listening, I will blame you for anything that goes wrong.
>>
>>52666214
forgot one General:

Ghatanothoa (the most destructive)
>>
>>52665337
>using Nyaruko as a base
>not wanting the references

Pick one.

Bonus points if everyone plays a Rider knockoff.
>>
>>52667814
If thats what you are going for, there's no point in it being a cover identity.
>>
I had a bit of time, so I went ahead and translated the names of the Chaos enemies in the Cthulhu book. There's more enemies than just Chaos types, but these ones have some of the more recognizable mythos names. (And I say that relatively; I like Cthulhu Mythos stuff but have never been really acquainted with a lot of it, so I had to look up a lot of the names)

LV02 Eihort's Scion
LV03 Carnivore of Time (this appears to be a Hounds of Tindalos reference)
LV04 Moon-Beast
LV08 Deep One Master (this one seems to be a general term, but also references Dagon)
LV10 Child of Tsathogga
LV11 Ithaqua
LV16 Cthulhu
LV16 Cthugha
LV18 Hastur
LV18 The Bloody Tongue
LV19 Yog-Sothoth

LV16 Abhoth
LV16 Eihort
LV16 Chaugnar Faugn
LV18 Tsathogga
LV18 Yig
LV19 Ghatanothoa
LV19 Shub-Niggurath
LV20 Azathoth

Seems to me that Nyarlathotep never appears as just "Nyarlathotep" but always as a version of itself. The Bloody Tongue is one such version.
>>
>>52669642
That's pretty much all the ones that are available in the Arkham Horror board game.
>>
Keep in mind, these do not include Boss, Aramitama, or Avatar of Ruin(!) modifiers.

Shub-Niggurath / Class: Chaos / LV: 19 (4)
Size : 5
Wits : Low
Senses : Domain
Speech : No
Reaction : Hostile
ID : 35
Weakness : None
Movement : Walk
| ACC | EVA | INV | RES | CHK
{Combat Stats} | 30 | 5 | 9 | 25 | 4
{Fixed Values} | 37 | 12 | 16 | 32 | 11

{Initiative} : 26 (11)
{HP} : 422
Armor : 10
Barrier : 5

Attack Methods
[Weapon Attack]: Physical Attack / 7 Sq. / 4#
- [Element: Phantom / Form: Hammer] 5d6+47 physical damage to the target.

«Swollen Black Goat»: Start / User
- The target causes up to 4 [Chaos Kid] to [Appear], and they [Install] in any square within the [Combat Zone]. 1/Combat.

«Overlarge Tentacle»: Physical Attack / 10 Sq. / 1#
- [Element: Toxin / Form: Axe] 6d6+118 physical damage to the target. The user may [Install] a target that performed [Damage Reduction] against this attack into an [Engagement] with themselves.

«Gulping Mouths»: Unique / 10 Sq. / 1#
- Use at any time. The target loses 40 {HP}. 2/Round.

«Bubbling Meat»: Constant / User
During the target's [Turn], they gain an additional 4x [Timing: Attack]. Also, the target changes all [Damage] taken from [Targets] outside of [Range: Engaged] to 0.

Materials (2d)
Automatic: Inflamed Flesh/PD+5: 3000G (Potency: 5)
>>
>>52669977
>avatar of ruin

Dude what, those sound epic
>>
>>52669642
>LV16 Eihort

Aww yeah.
>>
>>52669977
These are great. Keep 'em going.

I'd personally use their stats as a base for my version, which'd turn them into anime-style great generals of an inter-dimensional conquering race.
>>
>>52670296
Well, thats what the boss and other talents are for. Rather, thats sorta the point.
>>
I guess that's it for this thread. Be seeing you.
>>
File: 32_aoba-big-644x362.jpg (77KB, 644x362px) Image search: [Google]
32_aoba-big-644x362.jpg
77KB, 644x362px
stat him
>>
>>52673183
These threads are extremely slow. Its to be expected of a new system, really.

>>52673600
Yeah, i have no idea what that even is. So in lieu of that, look >>52669977 for the stats of shub-niggurath. Its an eldritch monstrosity, so maybe the stats would be similar.

Or you could give me an idea what that thing even is and i can go from there.
>>
>>52675326
It's an A Bao A Qu
>>
>>52675439
Looking it up, i'm not even sure how to stat that thing. Its completely non-violent. All it does is follow a dude then tumble back down when he doesn't make it to the top of a tower.

Without some descriptor of strength, intelligence, abilities besides following, etc., there's no way for me to stat it.

I guess it could be a mononoke of some sort (as in the "good guys" on the mythical side of thing) but aside from that, there's no real way to even classify it.
>>
File: chinchin.png (109KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
chinchin.png
109KB, 500x522px
But can you stat this guy?
>>
>>52673600
>>52675603
I'd say some creative interpretation could make this a monster. For example, maybe the reason no one makes it to the top is because these monsters eat them before they get there. Or maybe, they just follow like creepy shadows until the person gets near the top, and when they finally reach the pinnacle, they eat them.

The former could work into it being akin to a guardian spirit that stalks its prey and eats them. The latter is more like a hunter stalking prey that just happens to haunt a tower.
>>
>>52676446
Well, part of its backstory is that its trying to reach its perfect form, and has to follow a brave enough dude to challenge the tower up it. those that reach the top enter nirvana, and the a bao a qu attains its perfected form.

It could be spun that it eats only those that reach the top of the tower, i suppose, but its still not very easy to stat. It would have a singular special ability, to my knowledge. One method would be to have it use the same stats of the person following it, plus some special abilities referencing its color and the end goal.
>>
>>52659695
>The system excels in combat
How is it with minmaxing?
>>
>>52678155
Like i said, it excels. Rather, some degree of munchkinry is expected.

That said multitarget attacks and bound primals seem to be somewhat OP, at least in the early game. How they fare against later game enemies and bosses is wholly up to speculation.
>>
>>52678208
To expound on this some, with [Timing: unique] talents, you can stack as many of them onto a single attack as is possible, so long as they don't overlap, and only once a round.

So if you use your [Timing: attack] to use Secrets of the destroyer, as an example, you would do rank 3 physical damage at your items range. But say the enemy is just outside that range, and you happen to be a scion with 99 regalia. You can use that to increase the range on your secrets of the destroyer that little extra bit. if you want to increase the baseline damage some, you could add Yang style mixed with mysteries of battle for a flat out extra 10 damage, not to mention a +1 to the accuracy check. Some unique talents are constant passive buffs, others need used during specific times. But any that can be used during a specific timing can stack, but only once a round and you can't use the same one twice. Unique talents don't stack with themselves.
>>
>>52678208
Multiattacks are also too strong.
>>
>>52678208

Bound Primals start off grossly overpowered and then become progressively more overpowered as the levels rise. They are arguably the single most overpowered thing in the entire system.

Consider a level 4 character with Contractor B as one of their styles, Amplify Attacks and Empathic Growth as two of their talents, and an Ashura Record and a Summon Card for a total of 2000G.

That is just a small portion of their build.

The character can summon level 5 mononoke with a +4 bonus to all Active Checks and +1d6+12 to their Damage Calculations. Have a look at the statistics of the level 5 mononoke and realize just how frighteningly powerful they are. Notice, as well, that a Bound Primal has its own set of actions.

That is what you are dealing with when you allow a Contractor B in your game.
>>
>>52679719
I'd say that the relative strength of multi attacks is blown slightly out of proportion because A, people can barely even test it, and B, at the levels you get more attacks, things jump up in strength.

Multitarget attacks are too strong because they are equivalent to regular attacks in damage, but hit multiple things for no additional cost. there's next to no drawbacks.

Bound primals are OP because they break the action economy, and with a mix of items can be a level higher than you and dealing extra damage from there.

Multi attacking in and of itself though? thats just a matter of HP bloat or armor increase to fix. It really isn't as OP as you would think since you are likely exhausting all your spirit on the first attack, or using the first to set up for a second. Not to mention, the attacks themselves have a chance of missing, and are then mitigated by armor, halve effects, and the like.

its all well and good to say having multiple attacks is OP, but if you don't got the spirit or a way to manipulate it, then its moot.

>>52679802
Then stop using premades and build a better monster. maybe one specialized against bound primals.
>>
File: c4893ccad45b1ef7ce211b128120ac73.jpg (755KB, 1653x1181px) Image search: [Google]
c4893ccad45b1ef7ce211b128120ac73.jpg
755KB, 1653x1181px
>>52679842

Creating the right multiattack build can push out results without demanding *that* meticulous a set of spirit die numbers. God Hand A and/or Divine Talker A help a great deal with this.

It is worth noting that Armor and Barrier of enemies does not rise particularly high (in the core bestiary, even top-end enemies with high Armor/Barrier have, at most, Armor/Barrier 10-15, certainly enough to be blown through by PD stacking), and there are no core boss talents that affect Armor or Barrier.

As far as I am aware, there is only one boss talent (in one of the supplements, I believe?) that grants a boss extra damage against mononoke.

If you have to homebrew up boss talents just to let an enemy last longer with multiattacks, and you have to place a single specific boss talent on your major enemies all the time so that they can try to cut down a Bound Primal, then that is a sign that those two options have stilted balance, the latter all the more so.

Even so, a boss or aramitama appropriate for a level 4 party will have to make a serious effort to bring down a level 5 Bound Primal. Those are attacks that are not being directed at the PCs, and indeed, a boss talent being spent on something not quite as lethal towards the PCs themselves.
>>
>>52679944
>armor/barrier only reaches 15

Dude what? my kamen rider ass dragon carrier B already beats that and he's level 5. That said, looking through them, many of them seem to be regular ass enemies appropriate for that level.

that aside, I never said extra damage. i said specialized against. First and foremost, the contractor themselves can be taken out and this will cause the primal to exit as well. An intelligent boss would obviously start with this. 2 for 1? what kind of idiot wouldn't take that up? So the answer is to give them abilities that allow them to ignore engagements, or ranged attacks, and have them targeted at the contractor.

This will cause the contractor to be downed, or another player to waste their turn protecting them, balancing out the action economy.

The second weakness is that bound primals still have the weaknesses they had as mononoke. Picking at those is an easy way to deal with a bound primal.

Another issue is that using those two items will stack up on expenses extremely quickly if you go by traditional money rules in the game. You only get 3000 from a kushimitama, and most items will likely go to upgrading your equipment somehow. On top of this, bound primals only last a single combat. So if you plan to use these items each and every battle or even every scene, then the expense will be high.

One thing i noticed though, one of the boss talents is missing its mechanical effect in the field. specifically, "Concept: invincible". This may simply be intended as a plot armor effect, but its counterpart defy common sense goes a long way to alleviating the damage bloat characters have against general stuff.

Another thing to note is that the GM sections for the expansions have not been translated yet. I would be willing to bet that there are effects in the first expansion to allow you to counter bound primals.
>>
>>52680177
Wait, my bad. Those aren't consumables. Skip that part.
>>
>>52680177

>Dude what? my kamen rider ass dragon carrier B already beats that and he's level 5.
You are a PC. Mononoke are not PCs.

>First and foremost, the contractor themselves can be taken out and this will cause the primal to exit as well.
The Contractor B's Power Absorption helps a good deal with this. That said, you are correct, and a Contractor B is one of the few cases where I would say it is actually a good idea to focus on personal defense even at the case of offense (though it is not a particularly pressing need, since being Taken Out is harder than being merely Downed).

>The second weakness is that bound primals still have the weaknesses they had as mononoke. Picking at those is an easy way to deal with a bound primal.
Enemies exploiting weaknesses is mediocre, since it simply amounts to an extra +1d6 damage. That will be significant only against many enemies exploiting the same weakness.

>Another issue is that using those two items will stack up on expenses extremely quickly if you go by traditional money rules in the game.
2000G is not that great an expense considering how affordable even solidly effective weapons and protectors are.
>>
>>52680177
Yeah that Concept: Invincible will be fixed in 2.0. All it does is make the Aramitama invincible when it comes to conventional (non-Awakened) weaponry.
>>
>>52680244
By conventional logic, most NPC's should be stronger than you on a 1 to 1 basis because there's invariably more of you. The reverse is also true, if the numbers are reversed.

>it will only be significant against many enemies exploiting the same weakness

well there you go, problem solved. Alternatively, having one boss tanking a primal and another dealing with the party is another method.

Another thing you could do, and all it takes is the boss to make 1 attack on the contractor, is use that talent of bosses that does 2d6 crest damage outright. A bound primal is summoned with the use of crest, and wasting the majority of their crest severely hampers them. They'd be at 19, max, so taking it down by a max of 12 would be devastating. Thats if and only IF they haven't wasted more between battles due to summoning another one.

On top of this, to deal outright damage to primals, stack an element on top of talent attacks. An extra D6 isn't all that great, but an extra D6 on top of what is already 4 will make that contractor crap his pants, surely. On top of this, stack up savage divinity and fearsome power. You have 3 talents to work with, use em. Savage divinity, fearsome power, and winds of death would be a devastating combination.

As for the cost, see >>52680235 My bad. That said, i don't know where your numbers are coming from. +3 damage isn't that great. and one level shouldn't be that devastating an issue, since they only ever get one attack. Like you said, an extra D6 is only an issue if there's a lot of things using it. also, 2 talents and 2000 gold for just an extra d6 and 12 damage? It also leaves the contractor with 2 less talents to use himself personally.
>>
>>52680437
Actually, this is a fair thought i just had, you could intentionally whittle down at the contractors crest by beating down on their primals. If they've been hit by soul smash even once, they won't be too eager to just throw the primal too the slaughter, especially if he has to resummon it every scene.
>>
>>52680437

I would like to refer you to the underlying point that *so many* metaphorical hoops have to be jumped through by a GM in order to reliably counter a dedicated Contractor B build. That alone is a testament to its strength.

>crest damage
3 crest for a Bound Primal is more cost-effective than any other use of crest in the system.

If you are stacking up damage boosts and the like on multiple attacks as a boss, it is better for that to go towards a Bound Primal than an actual PC, because at least the Bound Primal is relatively expendable compared to a PC. The Bound Primal is still doing its job.

>one level shouldn't be that devastating an issue
A one-level jump in Bound Primals is a titanic upgrade, particularly when upgrading from level 4 mononoke to level 5s.

1000G for an extra +1d6 damage is not a particularly bad purchase.

2 talents for +level (maximum 5) to Active Checks and thrice level to Damage Calculation (maximum 15) is a very good deal by levels 4-5, if you purchase them early on.
>>
>>52680628
> so many hoops
>minor alterations to already established battle archetypes

See, here's the issue with all the complaints around bound primals. First, there are methods to beat them without outright endangering your PC's because of it. Weaknesses and mass enemies being one. Multiple Bosses at the same time being 2. Aiming down the contractor like a smart person being 3, especially since whether the contractor goes down or the primal eats a full attack, it will have done its job.

Second, The arguments assume the player is in a completely fresh state. While this may certainly be the case, there are times when it will not be. going into a boss fight the worse for wear isn't that uncommon a thing.

Third, those are indeed good deals, but they've petered out at level 5. Past that, they mean nothing.

Fourth, its being treated as a completely destructive campaign destroying force, but at best its a lesser powered player. It is literally just a fifth person, assuming the average 4 man group. And to top it off, the contractor themselves becomes rather useless.

If its that big an issue, balance your crap around an extra person instead of trying to consider the bound primal some game breaking threat, because the best buffs peter out at level 5 and make it, at best, an extra person tagged onto half of a person.

People have been dealing with this kinda shit in every system possible for as long as TTRPGs have existed. Put on your big boy pants, fudge the numbers a bit, and get smart and think outside the box. Unique abilities require unique solutions. They always have and always will. Its not something that throws off game balance, its something thats different and needs to be handled differently.

Also, its only cost effective if there's only 2 seperate battles, or two instances of summoning. Force him to use it more, as it disappears between scenes.
>>
>>52648193
For an online platform, how would one go about running this? My group have used Roll20 for most of our other games so is there an existing system/character sheet we can piggyback off of to get a decent macro set up?
or is it better to start from scratch/just use dice.
>>
>>52680778
Most rolls are 2d6+mod. Just plug in whatever it is from the character sheet.

The record sheet and character sheet PDFs are in the mediafire link, but a google doc spreadsheet works fairly well.

so far as actually doing thing, you can freeform most of the social stuff through imagination, only switching to the grid based stuff when in combat.

If you give me a while, i can come up with a spreadsheet you can make a copy of.
>>
File: bb66a8f4cb0e42729750c93c22f3f067.jpg (879KB, 1060x1560px) Image search: [Google]
bb66a8f4cb0e42729750c93c22f3f067.jpg
879KB, 1060x1560px
>>52680728

>Weaknesses and mass enemies being one.
This is about the only thing that will endanger the PCs, and even then many weaker enemies will crumble in the face of an area or combat zone attack.

>Multiple Bosses
Will endanger PCs.

>aiming down the contractor
Is no easier than aiming down any other offense-oriented PC.

>going into a boss fight the worse for wear isn't that uncommon a thing.
Yes, and 3 crest for a Bound Primal is still more cost-effective than any other crest usage.

>but they've petered out at level 5
No more than many other talents available at levels 1 and 2. If anything, they scale better than most other level 1-2 talents. It is not as though Contractor Bs are lacking in level 3-4 talents.

>literally just a fifth person
Extra action economy is a major advantage.

>to top it off, the contractor themselves becomes rather useless
The contractor builds I have proposed still allow the contractor themselves to contribute in a non-insignificant fashion with their own attacks. Even a Divine Talker A spamming a Magical Jewel basic attack, and nothing else save for the occasional +1 Rank from their free Divine Talker A talent, will push out non-negligible damage.

>because the best buffs peter out at level 5
Again, no more than other talents available at levels 1-2. If anything, they scale better than most other level 1-2 talents.

>People have been dealing with this kinda shit in every system possible for as long as TTRPGs have existed.
And time and again, destroying the action economy with summons with their own actions has been shown to be stilted.

>Also, its only cost effective if there's only 2 seperate battles, or two instances of summoning. Force him to use it more, as it disappears between scenes.
Both sample episodes have only two encounters in the session. Even three or four encounters costing 3 crest each is fully manageable considering that defeating enemies recharges crest.
>>
>>52680804
Anything to ease the process of learning a new system. Take your time on that spreadsheet, I'm grateful for the help.
>>
>>52680846
Okay. Now again, how does treating this primal as a pseudo fifth person and adjusting shit as such not work?
>>
>>52680924
This is a copy of a copy, but its the one my DM used. I slightly altered a couple things for convenience, but this is basically what our group was using.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xY5uiJleOpnlh93SGLq2_iKteOFZnlMH1X-MtEDsWsw/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>52681140
Thanks anon, I'll be sure to show this to the other prospective players.
>>
>>52681436
go for it. If it helps ease people on platforms like roll20 into the game, more power to them.
>>
2hhufag have you tried running this in GURPS instead of reposting every fucking complaint?
>>
File: HOMOSEXUALSPACEJESUS.jpg (11KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
HOMOSEXUALSPACEJESUS.jpg
11KB, 210x240px
>>52648193
Can I go full Particle-Wave Matter (Be made of solidifed photons) and be like this homosexual space jesus?
>>
>>52682144
Uh.... maybe in the sixth expansion that holds all the eldritch BS?

Otherwise, i'm fairly sure you cannot. You can however ride an approximation of an eva as legacy user B with titan armor.
>>
>>52680846
>>52680970
I'm not worried about Contractor B. It seems powerful on the outside, but it's killed as easily as having a character who can inflict the Dead condition on Mononoke, which going by the Mononoke in Requiem and beyond, is really easy to find, not even touching boss talents. The one I posted, wherein it gave +30 to damaging Mononoke, is just one example of the game adjusting to accommodate Contractor B.

That's why I say Contractor B isn't OP. It's just not very well designed, because its greatest flaw is that when the Mononoke servant is killed (not if, but when), you lose access to half of your Talents and items.

As always on these things, it's best that the GM and players aren't adversarial. If you're playing Contractor because "omg so much efficiency!!" then I'm going to casually murder your Mononoke every time, because I expect that's what you want to have happen: a tough battle. If you just want to play having a cool summon minion, though, it'll work out fine. And in either case, it sounds like fun is being had.
>>
>>52683041
The sixth book doesn't really have any player options aside from items, alas. (Though I don't really know how to quantify Particle-Wave Matter or homosexual space jesus, anyway.)
>>
>>52683959
eh, i figured if it was anywhere it would be in the book with the things beyond human understanding. It was a long shot, but i tried.
>>
File: altered01.jpg (203KB, 717x1009px) Image search: [Google]
altered01.jpg
203KB, 717x1009px
Well, that's maybe mildly disappointing, even as dollars fly from my wallet.

The new Kamigakari expansion was announced! However it'll be a "Story & Data Book" which is akin to what the fourth book is. However whereas that one offered cool expansion skills on the races, this one seems to offer only items. Boo.

Yoshinori Shizuma art though.
>>
>>52684160
Damn, already? shit. You're gonna be busy Kamigakari anon.
>>
File: altered02.jpg (27KB, 591x591px) Image search: [Google]
altered02.jpg
27KB, 591x591px
Rikizou's twitter feed talks about there being four new episodes revolving around the book's central theme, which, from the title (Altered Space-Time) seems to involve some super time travel shenanigans.

>>52684183
I know, right?
>>
File: altered03.jpg (574KB, 591x591px) Image search: [Google]
altered03.jpg
574KB, 591x591px
One of the tweets also mentions ~six pages~ of Form: Sword items. That's pretty crazy. The most I've seen dedicated to a single Form before was Ranged/Magic at 3.
>>
File: altered04.jpg (25KB, 425x601px) Image search: [Google]
altered04.jpg
25KB, 425x601px
And moreover this is coming out on the 27th of April! Japanese people really don't like the whole hyping up before the event thing, they just say "bam it's done" and then it's being released. Maybe that's a good thing though.
>>
>>52684234
Hmm... if there's altered space time shenanigans, maybe there will be some stuff for time wizard. Even if its main bulk is story and data, there's no saying if it won't have at least a couple tweaks to classes.

>>52684260
Six fucking pages? what the fuck are they gonna do with that many different weapons? jesus christ. The original books had like, 3 for all the melee stuff, and the supplemental stuff already added a shitload. this is just going overboard.
>>
>>52684288
Could be Time Wizard stuff. I still am hoping for an expansion with those Styles mentioned in the other books though... And yeah, the items are pretty bloated. I mean I don't even own any of the Role & Roll magazines (yet) but they print new items in them almost monthly.
>>
>>52684628
There better be some god tier items in all that bloat.

Joking aside, they're gonna need to work overtime if they want those items to be of any use over the baseline stuff or what was in the first few expansions. I'd be fine if they were expensive as fuck, so long as there was an actual mechanical portion to it, but most of it is numerical.
>>
>>52684767
According to Rikizou's tweets, there's at least a shield that can be used to attack like a hammer! ...That's something, right?
>>
>>52685038
Thats interesting, actually.

Still, there should be more than just that. If you just have a bunch of weapons with slight numerical modifiers, there will be a clear winner in most cases. Interesting should come before anything.
>>
>>52648193
Will read later
>>
>>52648193
As far as I can see only the first Expansion is fully translated. Is that correct?

>>52684160
I'd like more write-ups of some of the Factions that were namedropped in the Core.
These got nothing as far as I can tell:
>Arachne Materials corporation
>Arkham University
>The Apostles of Wisdom
>the False God Cult
>Rosenskull
>Sumizuki Pharmaceutical
>Far East Heavy Industries

>>52684283
I wonder if there will be more Races/Styles in the future.

>>52684628
The only thing I kinda want from the magazines are the Mononoke write-ups.
---
Seems like you got your work cut out for you, Kamigakari Anon. Keep it coming, you're doing god's work.
>>
>>52685351
From what i know, the player sections of the first three are mostly complete, with the GM sections still under translation to one degree or another. The fourth and fifth are something like 60% translated, missing large entries but the ones that are there are complete on their own.

There's also an aforementioned sixth expansion dealing with eldritch shit that Kamigakari anon apparently just started in on.

As for the rest of that, i think some of it is being expounded upon in the sixth and seventh books respectively.
>>
>>52685351
None of the expansions are "fully" translated yet. Requiem has the most translated, but it's still not done. I've yet to do anything in its GM section, which finishes explaining Sanctums (for example, how to set Limit, and several example Sanctum Events), gives more Boss Talents and Mononoke, and of course the ever-popular sample episode (which I might skip? I dunno, how do people feel about those? Are they helpful?)

As for the factions, well, there's a ton of write-ups of factions in Damocles, but that's the second book and I'm not going to bother with it until Requiem is done. I'm in a crunch at work though, so translation has kind of halted for a little bit.

There is one Race I haven't released yet because I've been too lazy to clean up the translation of it, Sakimitama. It also requires some fluff explanation, but the basic idea of it is "a PC Mononoke" except using PC rules, of course.

There are six Styles mentioned in the Chronos book that are not released yet. Treasure Hunter, Aura Breaker, Soul Eater, True Creator, Engimatic... I can't remember the last one. Mastery? Or something like that. But none of them have stats yet, they're NPC-only Styles.

Thanks! I'll do my best.
>>
>>52685676
>there are six styles unreleased
>they're NPC styles
>>
>>52686003
shit, i'm too tired for this. Didn't even finish the thought

Way to get my hopes up man.
>>
>>52686022
Well, by that I mean to say "they're mentioned in NPC profiles." For example, Teresa Cross, the very first NPC in the core book, has the Legion Style. But that didn't come out for three books (in Chronos). God Hand, Divine Talker, Legacy User, and Time Wizard are all mentioned in the core book too.
>>
>>52686061
Oh. So the chance of getting these potentially interesting styles is still there. Neat.

Treasure hunter and aura breaker specifically interest me.
>>
>>52685676
Sounds very interesting. Looking forward to it.

Go at your pace, man. We can wait.
>>
>>52685676
In my case I don't really need the sample episodes, as I'm going to follow my own structure.
Others, especially new GMs will probably find them useful.
>>
>>52687114
Translating them is probably pretty helpful for GMs wondering how new stuff works,as i assume new samples incorporate new stuff.

That said, with the exception of the sample sanctum which is a unique thing to the expansions, they aren't immediately needed. Translating them eventually or in between other things is fine, but there's no need to overtly focus on them either.
>>
I'm thinking, what about having available different versions of books for this?

I mean something like:
- a Race book
- a Style book
- a Regalia book
- an Item book
- a 'Villain' book
> (- maybe have a Master Copy that collects ALL the material, core + expansionsm into one BIG book?)

This would reduce hunting through different PDFs to look up stuff.

I'd find it useful, but I don't know how feasible this is.
>>
Found a word missing on page 100 of the PDF under 'Familiar':

>You employ a spirit or some kind of small that supports you in your investigations and magic use.

There should probably be the word 'animal' between 'small' and 'that'.
>>
On page 101 armor is spelled in both British (armour) and American (armor) versions in the same entry.
>>
What exactly is a "Hand-and-a-Half Sword"? I never heard that term before?
Does this mean a bastard sword?
>>
>>52689013
A sword is a sword. You can't say it's only half.
>>
There's a weird formatting (?) error on page 185. The little triange in the description after "marked with a ..." is invisible. If I copy it into a doc it's there, but in the PDF it shows only a blank space.
>>
>>52689013
Google says it's another term for 'longsword'. Better use that word, it's probably better known.
>>
>>52689013

It's an archaic term for a bastard sword, the idea being that you can use it both two handed and one handed effectively. Hence 'hand and a half'.
>>
>>52689185
I guess the translator should use the more familiar term instead of the current one.
>>
>>52675933
please die
>>
>>52648193
Kamigakari anon, do you think you could make a file that has the art you've been posting here? Showing my players the game's art will probably help them when it comes to visualizing a character.

That and I just want to see more of this art style, it's rad.
>>
Signing out. Let's see if this thread survives another day.
>>
Post interesting adventure ideas so I can steal them
>>52690144
second this
>>
File: golgom was behind it.png (62KB, 511x159px) Image search: [Google]
golgom was behind it.png
62KB, 511x159px
>>52690278
Your adoptive brother and you were kidnapped and turned into powerful cyborgs with the ability to take on armoured forms. You escaped without being brainwashed, but constantly butt heads with the organization that arranged this and their powerful mutants.
>>
>>52690144
>>52690278
Those and more can be found just by going to Rikizou's twitter account, really.

https://twitter.com/rikizo001/media
>>
>>52689981
What are you so mad about?
>>
File: 1484503555164.jpg (119KB, 520x726px) Image search: [Google]
1484503555164.jpg
119KB, 520x726px
>>52690144
I'm not kamigakari anon, but if you want them i'll post them over time here.
>>
File: 1484512759042.jpg (84KB, 406x567px) Image search: [Google]
1484512759042.jpg
84KB, 406x567px
>>52692652
Rather, i'll post the ones i have.
>>
File: 1484519043933.jpg (72KB, 406x567px) Image search: [Google]
1484519043933.jpg
72KB, 406x567px
>>52693476
This one and the next bear a striking resemblance to the titular character from akame ga kill.
>>
>>52690278
Sure.

Rifts to other world begin to pop up, until both worlds eventually merge. Now people can be born with ~magical powers and bullshit~.
>>
File: 1484502007659.jpg (347KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1484502007659.jpg
347KB, 1024x1448px
>>52694691
and the other

>>52695617
I mean. That sort of already happens as part of the setting. Thats what spirit barriers, shards, and sanctums all do.
>>
File: 1484506371045.jpg (311KB, 1024x1429px) Image search: [Google]
1484506371045.jpg
311KB, 1024x1429px
>>52690278
Young women have been going missing from around the town for a couple weeks. At first it was thought to just be them being runaways, but even honor students have gone missing.

At the same time, a pervert has popped up around town, and a god hunter one at that. He uses his abilities to make it harder for women to get away or turn him down. Whether by chasing them quicker than they can run, holding them harder than they can get loose from, or some other harassment. Generally he's stopped by other god hunters in the area.

Whether these two events are related or not is up to your party to find out (and you to decide). Whether or not its a red herring is entirely up to you.
>>
Kamigakari is a new system I take it. So mind filling me in a bit lads?

What is the main draw to this system?
How diverse is the character creation option field?
What are some example animes that you can build characters similar to?
>>
>>52696180
>whats the main draw to the system

Well, its anime as fuck and the combat system is smooth as butter. Social stuff is more freeform than some other systems, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

>How diverse is the character creation

Pretty damn diverse. As of right now there are Approximately 12 different styles (each with an A and B variant that differ vastly in mechanical effect), with approximately 11 races. On top of this, the fourth and fifth errata and many extra options for both style's and races.

On creation you get 1 race and 2 styles, and more style's can be added later if you want.

>what are some of animes that can be emulated
any shounen fare, magical girl stuff, kamen riders, mecha if all your players wanna be legacy users. Really, its more a matter of what CAN'T you be so far, and the only thing you can't outright be to my knowledge as of yet is >>52682144.

Earlier i talked about katekyo hitman reborn, and killua zoldyck from hunter X hunter as examples. Magical girls and kamen riders are Pretty much entirely the dragon carrier style. Last thread i gave an example of Nanoha's Fate Testarossa. Fate is easy to emulate as well, as the time wizard is kiritsugu in a nutshell (at least A version is. B is more sakuya izayoi), and there's a literal heroic spirit race.

Basically, if the anime has some zany way of beating the shit outta someone, you can probably emulate it.
>>
File: 1484504427759.jpg (27KB, 303x429px) Image search: [Google]
1484504427759.jpg
27KB, 303x429px
>>52696176
continuing on with the pictures
>>
>>52690377
That twitter has some awesome character art.
>>
>>52696180
Any Final Fantasy character would be pretty easy to make.
>>
>>52698694
Oh extremely. Most of them are one style types. Cloud would be arc slayer A, as an example. materia could be emulated through elder mage A or B, and summons through contractor B, but these are universal abilities in FF7.

Matter of fact, most of the main characters in FF are probably arc slayer A.
>>
Heh. The "Shadowrun Proficiency" Talent.
> You are a veteran of the Shadowrun RPG, and are an accomplished player of said game.
>>
>>52698915
hey man, thats a supernatural talent all on its own.
>>
On page 123, the 'Shadow Gate' talent and the 'Shadow Wind' talent are EXACTLY the same, text and unique effect included, only the range is different. Is this as it should be?
>>
>>52698979
Yes. Read the shadow crossing ultimate at the end of that skill set.
>>
Elemental Adept has two talents with the same name (Element Burst). This leads to confusion in the description text of other talents, making unclear which of those two is meant.
>>
>>52699027
Hmm. Then why would I ever pick Shadow Wind? Seems like a wasted talent to me.
>>
>>52699116
This has already been noted by kamigakari anon, and will be fixed in the updated book, whenever that gets around to being made.

The correction made to it was that the automatic talent is correct, and the second one will be changed to "elemental blast".

>>52699135
Well, there's 2 reasons. 1 is if you don't plan to take that talent, the second one is objectively better. The second is if you do take that talent, both can still be used in conjunction due to shadow gate no longer taking up the timing. In other words, with the ultimate, all 3 can be used at once, and can be an effective way of controlling enemy positioning.
>>
What does it mean when a talent gives +1[Rank] to my attacks? What is rank? Sorry if this is obvious, I'm not 100% finished the CRB
>>
>>52699156
Didn't think about it that way. Makes sense, then.
>>
>>52699195
It's probably in the Rules section. I haven't finished the Player section myself, yet.
>>
>>52699195
This is explained in the damage section, but i'll give you the short version.

When something gives rank, this means it gives more damage.

If you roll 2d6, and roll, say, a 5. You then take that, and look at the table for the rank you currently have (always at least 1). If you have rank 1, and roll 5 as the highest of your two rolls, you deal 5+modifier damage. If you have rank 2, you do 10+mod, and so on.

The damage calculation is something like ((Highest rollxRank)+mod)=Damage

The exceptions to this are when you roll double ones, or double sixes. Double ones does no damage as you automatically miss, but on a crit will automatically do 10xrank, 4 above the usual max of 6.
>>
>>52699248
I should mention that besides extremely rare cases, you cannot use your spirit pool to force a fumble or critical. Even if you influence the rolls, it will not count as a crit.

Its gotta be natural
>>
>>52699248
So +1 rank at chargen is like double damage??
>>
>>52699291
Not exactly. In that specific scenario, it would likely double your initial damage, but that doesn't take into account PD or MD, which further increase your damage.

Rank is great, but its more effective to increase PD/MD. A balanced mix of the two is needed for really effective damage though, as the two can only get so high on their own without getting extremely expensive.
>>
File: schreiber.jpg (166KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
schreiber.jpg
166KB, 1024x1024px
>>52696260
Alright, can I emulate this guy? Pic related is a kid who is so terrified of being touched he gained the power which essentially boils down to "lol u don't hit me," achieved by the method of always moving at speeds faster than his opponent.
>>
>>52699353
Sounds like some kind of Dark Hunter to me.
The other anon will probably give a more detailed answer.
>>
>>52699410
i tend to do that, yeah.

>>52699353
Man, that kids got some fucked up superman syndrome going there.

If i had to hazard a guess with what little i know, dark hunter A and time wizard A, while pumping initiative as high as humanly possible.

Dark hunter has many talents that excel in speed and avoidance, and time wizard A has spells that excel in increasing your speed and interfering with the actions of others.
>>
>>52684160
Is that image something a Contractor B could have?
>>
>>52700020
Technically speaking? yes. But i think its more meant to show two separate characters, as cyborgs are a race.
>>
Page 185: Delinquent
"A student an attitude problem."

The 'with' is missing.
>>
File: rough-job.jpg (157KB, 600x321px) Image search: [Google]
rough-job.jpg
157KB, 600x321px
The manga artist part of 'Author' cover.
>When you have to decide between meeting your deadline or hunting a False God. FML
>>
>>52700235
Christ, i hadn't even thought of that.
>>
Finally finished half the book. I'm done for today.
Will tackle the Rules section tomorrow.
>>
>>52696101
Nice, I haven't even read the setting.

I'm amazing at siphoning off information from things I've never looked at!
>>
>>52700336
or i'm too good at giving out free information. Either way.

if you've watched fate, shards are basically low impact reality marbles, that don't shave off your energy by using them.
>>
File: 1484502433932.jpg (126KB, 518x750px) Image search: [Google]
1484502433932.jpg
126KB, 518x750px
>>52698294
once again
>>
>>52698979
Shadow Wind is an error, actually. There's an errata document and this is listed in there.

Page 123, Shadow Wind should have the following effect: Unique Effect. The target gains a +1d6 modifier to {Initiative}. This Talent does not spend [Start]. If used [Out of Combat] on a target performing [Acrobatics], they succeed at the check regardless of the outcome of the [Roll] (treat as [Result: 20].)

>>52700020
Sure. There's definitely cyborgs in Mechanical Mononoke, so there's no reason you can't summon them.

>>52699353
He looks like he's riding a motorcycle of some sort, so you might want to look at Contractor A, actually, which is all about mounted combat and speed/maneuverability.
>>
>>52702050
Wait really? man, i missed that in the errata then.

That said, i like my idea. If you get to a point where you have 6 spirit, or a way to get overflow, your ability to control the flow of battle would be massive.
>>
>>52702050
Good to know. I didn't look at the errata, yet. I wanted to finish the book first.
>>
>>52699353
>implications
Schreiber a shit, hail the incest vampire
>>
>>52702050
Y'know, i hadn't thought of contractor B when i was answering that guy.

I might legit be retarded.
>>
File: sh1020.jpg (10KB, 650x309px) Image search: [Google]
sh1020.jpg
10KB, 650x309px
A naginata counts as a spear, right?
>>
>>52702526
In the second expansion, there are actual naginata in the spears section.

So yes.
>>
File: tomoe-gozen-in-a-game.jpg (58KB, 518x464px) Image search: [Google]
tomoe-gozen-in-a-game.jpg
58KB, 518x464px
>>52702760
Good. I got a concept back from a player that's basically Tomoe Gozen, so it's kinda necessary.
Thank you.
>>
>>52702871
Fair enough. Worst case scenario, a two handed spear could be fluffed as a naginata. It does allow for that. Its just nice to have more specific options.
>>
File: anna-chan.png (683KB, 859x1000px) Image search: [Google]
anna-chan.png
683KB, 859x1000px
>>52702159
Schreiber poster here, you are right. Bey is the motherfucking man but Keishirou is still better.
Anna still gets points for being cute though.
>>
And the thread survives another day.
See you folks again tomorrow.
>>
>>52703744
>survives
Its getting more active as time goes by.

Frankly, trying to gain interest in a new system is a pretty long process.
>>
File: 1322531108494.png (265KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1322531108494.png
265KB, 334x393px
>>52703020
>traps
>cute
>>
>>52704016
Cute things are cute.

Whether you'd fuck it or not is an entirely different story.
>>
File: 1451380826885.png (201KB, 331x378px) Image search: [Google]
1451380826885.png
201KB, 331x378px
>>52704016
Can't exactly be a trap if he doesn't have a dick in the first place, now can he?
>>
>>52704539
Y chromosome = trap
>>
File: frederica.gif (5MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
frederica.gif
5MB, 640x360px
Just for the luls
>>
Is it possible for a {Bound Primal] to become stronger as the Contractor levels up or do I need to keep switching to a new mononoke as I level?
>>
>>52706931
Or more accurately, can I use a stronger mononoke but toned down for use at level 1? How would I go about starting with some form of giant snake basically.
>>
>>52706969
Unfortunately there aren't any rules for that. I'd say your best bet is just to reskin whatever Mononoke you do pop out as a giant snake, and perhaps explain the abilities shifting around being a result of your bond, or something else.
>>
Is there any class or style that allows a character to summon or deploy something like the funnels on a mobile suit? Like, small flying things that aid them in attacking the enemy?
>>
>>52709902
Those are more generally called "Options".

And as for that, the only thing even resembling mecha is in legacy user B. If it doesn't have what you are looking for, i'm not sure what would.
>>
File: What its like to be a waifu.jpg (278KB, 640x1800px) Image search: [Google]
What its like to be a waifu.jpg
278KB, 640x1800px
>>52706931
>>52706969
So far as scaling up a bound primal, that isn't hard. Just increase its stats comparatively to its counterparts in the same category.

But i wouldn't do it the other way around. That could lead to to much stupidity.

Pic wholly unrelated. I'm just outta kamigakari pics.
>>
File: Nanoha.jpg (1024KB, 2000x2845px) Image search: [Google]
Nanoha.jpg
1024KB, 2000x2845px
Well, since thread is slow, i guess i'll do nanoha, since i already did fate.

That said, nanoha is several times easier, seeing as she's a fairly heavy one trick pony.

Dragon carrier A/B (at your discretion, either works), and Elder mage A for STARLIGHT BREAKER shenanigans. Get a staff type from the magic stuff to be raging heart and you are pretty much set for nanoha.

Bonds could be ferret kid or fate.
>>
File: a1ce3e9aaecbe5a47faaeca7208781ee.jpg (459KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a1ce3e9aaecbe5a47faaeca7208781ee.jpg
459KB, 500x1000px
>>52683949

>which going by the Mononoke in Requiem and beyond, is really easy to find, not even touching boss talents. The one I posted, wherein it gave +30 to damaging Mononoke, is just one example of the game adjusting to accommodate Contractor B.

It is hardly a testament to the supposed balance of the Contractor B if one of the few ways to meaningfully challenge it is to send highly specific hard counters against it.

Never mind that in any fight wherein such a hard counter is absent, a Contractor B will strongly outshine just about any other possible build.
>>
>>52714375
Adjust for a fifth person. There. Done.
>>
>>52714441

This would only be a testament to how strong a Contractor B is compared to similar offense-oriented builds.
>>
>>52714577
No, its a testament that there's an extra being on the field on the side of the player.

Trying to make it anything else is sophistry at best.
>>
>>52714375
I never said they were balanced. I said they were not overpowered because they can be dealt with easily. And they can be. The Talent I translated wasn't a "highly specific hard counter" it was something that buffed an enemy's attack, then buffed it again if it's attacking a Mononoke. There's a lot of enemies that just incidentally kill x# style Mononoke. There's weapons that instantly kill any 1 non-boss Mononoke, additional effects that enhance damage against a certain type (plus throw in elemental weaknesses on top of that), weapons and effects that raise damage against non-boss Mononoke, and Talents that can kill x# Mononoke and also just straight kill any Mononoke, too. And that's just stuff off the top of my head.

How much do I need to list? Or is the only way a GM may challenge PCs with low intelligence melee attackers who just run blindly forward? If you play an offensively-skewed melee attacker, is sending a ranged magical attacker at you somehow "a testament" to how overpowered a physical attacker build is?

Contractor B is so easily handled that it's silly. And then you lose half your Talents and any fancy stuff you've spent your money on for the rest of the battle.
>>
>>52714675
Theoretically, couldn't they just summon another bound primal, albeit at the cost of 3 crest?
>>
File: 50e1d88d81ba91e437e0732384125cb3.jpg (344KB, 1240x2000px) Image search: [Google]
50e1d88d81ba91e437e0732384125cb3.jpg
344KB, 1240x2000px
>>52714675

>The Talent I translated wasn't a "highly specific hard counter" it was something that buffed an enemy's attack, then buffed it again if it's attacking a Mononoke.
And you must give that ability to a boss specifically. Is every boss supposed to have this talent if there is a Contractor B in the party?

>There's a lot of enemies that just incidentally kill x# style Mononoke.
The best of summons for a Contractor B are not, in fact, # Mononoke.

>There's weapons that instantly kill any 1 non-boss Mononoke
Weapons are for PCs, unless you are building a Godhunter-turned-Aramitama or something similar using the PC rules.

>additional effects that enhance damage against a certain type (plus throw in elemental weaknesses on top of that), weapons and effects that raise damage against non-boss Mononoke, and Talents that can kill x# Mononoke and also just straight kill any Mononoke, too
Again, mostly for PCs.
>>
>>52715100
There are specific rules for making NPC godhunters, so your third and fourth argument's are utter crap.

Second, not every boss needs to hard counter something. Just using it now and again to trip them up is fine. For that matter, you don't always need to hard counter any single person. Mixing it up is a sign of good GMing

At the end of the day, there are methods to dealing with it. From what i can tell you are just too lazy to try.
>>
>>52715181

>There are specific rules for making NPC godhunters, so your third and fourth argument's are utter crap.
Yes, there are. I acknowledged as much. They use the PC rules, for the most part, with a modified template.

It does not seem as though NPC Godhunters will be particularly common opponents, however.

>Second, not every boss needs to hard counter something. Just using it now and again to trip them up is fine.
If there is no hard counter to a Contractor B's Bound Primal present, it is very likely that that Bound Primal will run roughshod over the encounter, even from level 1, though especially at level 4.

It is not a sign of good design if something is so strong that hard counters must specifically be presented to adequately deal with it.
>>
>>52715207
>It does not seem as though NPC Godhunters will be particularly common opponents, however.

My DM put us against three of them in one episode.

>run roughshod over the encounter

How badly are you at putting shit together that a singular extra existence trips you up this badly, even with whatever increases to damage or whatever it can get?

For fucks sake just use the rules of engagement to tank it and send the rest of your shit after the party. If you force it to engage something, then attempt to attack the contractor, the best case scenario is that the contractor uses it as a shield, which is equally as devastating as it would have been otherwise. If its engaged it either needs to waste its entire turn getting away or has to be pulled away by the contractor, thus wasting its action economy.

Literally one pissant enemy FUCKS its action economy. Its not that hard to deal with. Anything that can be wasted by even the weakest thing you can pit against them, i refuse to call OP.
>>
>>52715256

>My DM put us against three of them in one episode.
If you are fighting Godhunters more often than actual mononoke and Aramitama, then something very strange is taking place with your game, given what has been established about the setting.

>Literally one pissant enemy FUCKS its action economy.
At level 1, few enemies are negligible in terms of offensive output. Even the absolute weakest of enemies are serious threats who can severely damage if not take out PCs. If a Bound Primal can keep those enemies busy and/or take out those enemies with the help of the party, then that is actually a good deal.

By level 4, yes, there are definitely more chaff enemies who are far less threatening to the party. By that point, however, a Contractor B with a Summon Card is summoning level 5 mononoke with all kinds of attack options.

Consider a level 5 Annelidist as a summon. That has ranged attacks, its own summons, and regeneration. That is a valid summon for a level 4 Contractor B with a Summon Card.

Alternatively, a level 4 Contractor B who instead opted for mechanical summons can bring into battle a level 5 Animated Tank that can lay down area attacks from range, and that is rather sturdy for a summon.
>>
>>52715491
Setting is malleable and secondary. Always has been, always will be. What happens in your DM's campaign happens. There are also evil groups, even if they haven't been expounded on completely yet.

And by level 5 you have players doing equally as insane shit, where-as to get that level of stuff the contractor needs to waste half their talents to get there. But the thing you forget most is that at most, bound primals will ONLY do one attack. At level 5 this means all players have the chance to pass them up right then and there. On top of this, a PC's talent choices, equipment, consumables, and many many other factors make them several times more powerful than a singular bound primal.

If you know what kind of bound primal it is, you know what it is and what it can do, and plan accordingly. A single extra player character would be several times more difficult to deal with than any bound primal. Not only that, but the harder you counter the contractors primal the more they have to put into it themselves, weakening themselves further. the primal has a good spike in damage for little cost, initially, but to deal with what you send against it the contractor themselves has to opt to weaken their own independence from it to keep it competitive. Otherwise, it will eventually become a burden.however, if they opt to do this, they themselves will become several times weaker.

Not to mention, once again, that these are mundane options that DON'T involve the extra stuff from the expansion.

Also, and i'm not sure where the book says it, but i think timing start is only at the start of combat. I've been meaning to ask Kamigakari anon about it but kept forgetting.

And for clarity's sake, i need to ask. Have you even played the game? or is this just armchair theorizing?
>>
Didn't this discussion already happen upthread?
It's gotta be trolling at this point. Just ignore the Touhoufag.
>>
>>52716213
At this point i'm fairly sure its just armchair theorizing, as all he can bring up are numerical examples. When anything that would remotely offset that is brought into the mix, he deflects it in one of a few ways.

Frankly, he's not fooling anyone. I'm just using it as an excuse to bump the thread when its too quiet otherwise.
>>
Another day, another look at the Core.
Onwards into the Rules Section!
>>
>>52716324
Frankly, this is where most of the questions you had previously will be answered. Be sure to read it carefully.
>>
>>52715723

>Setting is malleable and secondary. Always has been, always will be. What happens in your DM's campaign happens.
I am a little uncertain of how often it will be that you will consistently be facing NPC Godhunters built and equipped to hard-counter your favorite Bound Primal.

>And by level 5 you have players doing equally as insane shit
The hypothetical Contractor B in my examples has not even spent a single ● or ◎ talent. They are perfectly free to select whatever ● or ◎ talents strike their fancy. Never mind that the build here is for a level 4 Contractor B, not level 5.

>But the thing you forget most is that at most, bound primals will ONLY do one attack. At level 5 this means all players have the chance to pass them up right then and there.
You seem to be under the impression that a Contractor B is incapable of level 5+ high talents. This is false.

>A single extra player character would be several times more difficult to deal with than any bound primal.
The character has their own actions in addition to those of the Bound Primal, of course.

>Not only that, but the harder you counter the contractors primal the more they have to put into it themselves, weakening themselves further. the primal has a good spike in damage for little cost, initially, but to deal with what you send against it the contractor themselves has to opt to weaken their own independence from it to keep it competitive.
Faulty logic. The more you put into countering the Bound Primal, the more you put into countering the actual PCs.

>Otherwise, it will eventually become a burden.
Compare the durability of level X+1 mononoke to the durability of level X PCs. You will find that the mononoke are just as durable, if not more durable, compared to heavily defense-oriented PCs.
There is a Timing: Start each round.

>And for clarity's sake, i need to ask. Have you even played the game?
Yes. I was highly thankful for my Bound Primals.
>>
>>52716260
You do realize theoretical numerical analysis that tries to generalize the variables is more valid in an argument about balance than anecdotal evidence from a game.

He is correct about contractor B being much stronger than other styles.
Other anon is also correct that you can mitigate that and posted ways to deal with.
There is nothing else to be done about it.
>>
>>52716407
Anecdotal evidence is the only evidence that matters.
>>
>>52716407
No, he's correct about it being DIFFERENT. He's right about it needing specific countermeasures.

But many of those countermeasures are simple. Increases in numbers, specific tactics, and not even including specific mechanical things that are in that same book, albeit not yet translated. Kamigakari anon himself attested to that.

Just because a specific problem needs specific tactics does not make it OP. It makes his DM retarded. Nothing more, nothing less. So far as sheer number stacking goes, a PC will always beat his primal. So far as utility and variability, an PC will always beat the primal.

>>52716389
Facing NPC godhunters is automatic grounds that they in some way counter at least one of your party. Whether its you or someone else, thats up to the DM.

Then what, oh great summoner, have you spent them on? If i remember previously, you used at least 2 talents on contractor B, which means that by level 4 you would have a max of 3 others, unless you smurfed it with human.

A contractor B gets 5+ high talents, sure, but if they weaken themselves to keep their bound primal competitive, they will invariably be less effective than on the arc slayer A over there going for sheer damage output.

As for whether my logic is faulty or not, how is that a bad thing? they may be playing the hero's, but a game with no risk is just boring. Countering PC's is a good tactic for DM's to use, if not constantly. Whats the worst case scenario? they die and reroll. Nothing more or less.

So far as durability, i think thats pushing it, with the insane combinations that can be made. Dragon carrier B with all the defensive talents it can get and Elder mage B with its high cure, make for a terrifyingly defensive combination, which when used in conjunction with the engagement system and the need to withdraw from it, make taking one down a horrendous nightmare. You are severely underestimating player ingenuity.
>>
Checks and Maneuvers are easy to understand. It's a good, simple system so far.
>>
>>52716562
Yep. Those are fairly simple in most systems. Make a roll, beat the DC, you win or lose depending on the check.
>>
File: c88a7cb0d79ee1dec67d80bbfa16e590.png (922KB, 1440x1100px) Image search: [Google]
c88a7cb0d79ee1dec67d80bbfa16e590.png
922KB, 1440x1100px
>>52716533

>Just because a specific problem needs specific tactics does not make it OP.
It actually does, if it is because that specific options provides overwhelming force and action economy advantage.

>So far as sheer number stacking goes, a PC will always beat his primal. So far as utility and variability, an PC will always beat the primal.
The PC also has their own actions.

>If i remember previously, you used at least 2 talents on contractor B
By higher levels, yes; not so much at the lower levels.

>
A contractor B gets 5+ high talents, sure, but if they weaken themselves to keep their bound primal competitive, they will invariably be less effective than on the arc slayer A over there going for sheer damage output.
One of my earliest builds was, in fact, an Arc Slayer A/Contractor B. I urge you to have a look and see how effective it is: https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51334235/#51379222

>So far as durability, i think thats pushing it, with the insane combinations that can be made.
I actually misspoke in my previous post. What I should have said was, "just as durable, if not more durable, compared to all but heavily defense-oriented PCs." I had neglected to type out the "all but," you see.
>>
>>52716583
On the last thing, fair enough.

For the sake of argument though, what mononoke were you using, planning to use, or would you use?
>>
I'm liking the Spirit Pool mechanics. A nice dice management system.
>>
>>52716646
Indeed. It keeps combat flowing and versatile, while making sure the PC can't always whip out their strongest attacks without some setup.
>>
>>52716623

For a character starting at level 1, I would probably take a Summon Card and use a Terracotta Warrior at level 1, gradually upgrading to a Tank at level 4.
>>
That whole Spirit Burn and Bonds thing is taken straight out of Persona's Social Links, isn't it.
>>
>if after the [Crest Check] step of [Episode End] the PC is still at -1 or lower {Crest}, because that PC’s soul has been eroded to its limit, they may die, or worse, TURN INTO AN ARAMITAMA

I'm liking this. I have at least one player who'd be up for having his PC become an enemy after the PC 'died' in combat.
>>
>>52716725
Not really. Burning your spirit for power and power of friendship BS have been around since times immemorial.
>>
I'm really liking the Spirit Crest Compensation table. It gives some nice ideas for stories.

Typo report:
In that table on page 228, under 6-No Influence it says 'Spirit Rest' in the Effect description instead of 'Spirit Crest'.
>>
>>52716450

What? Anecdotal might help for identification of problems but it is worthless without math to back up the statement. As anecdotal is terrible for telling if something is a real problem of just an anomaly.
>>
>>52716715
In that case, throw in a couple aramitama with cold or magnet damage to deal with the terracotta warrior. Not even increasing the numbers, just have a couple ones you'd already have hit their weakness slightly harder.

And its not like these guys get super tanky, they just get more health. Without the barrier mitigation PCs get to match it up, they are at best as tanky as regular.

Its not gonna take your boss monster many hits to just wipe out this thing. 2 at best. If its that big a problem, add a couple small fry to the fray to hold off the PC's. Or vice versa.
>>
Are there Kamigakari minis/markers for sale?
I probably wouldn't buy them, but I'm curious.
>>
>>52716989

You cannot reliably count on all enemies having access to cold or magnet damage.

This is what I am talking about when I am saying that it takes rather specific steps to counter a Contractor B.
>>
Is there any specific reason why characters can't move diagonally on the Combat sheet?
>>
>>52717188
You can't expect enemies to be able to reliably do anything. Its constantly shifting at the whim of the DM

Thats more anecdotal than anything i've said.
>>
Typo on page 236, under Action 3
>One a [Simple Move] is made, please be aware that [Action 14: Standby] cannot be declared.

'One' should be 'Once'.
>>
>>52717258

Just because something has counters available does not mean it is perfectly balanced.

If, in Magic: The Gathering, there was a hypothetical 99/1 card for 1 mana, you could not call it balanced simply because it "dies to removal."
>>
Man, fumbling a Defense roll is fucking terrible. I can already imagine the agonized faces of players.
>>
>>52717354
Thats just going to extremes.

Bound primals don't just "have a counter" they have methods of being outright mitigated in effectiveness.

Whether you acknowledge that or not is entirely up to you.
>>
>>52717657

In terms of game design the point is sound though.

If the presence of a single character option strongly warps how the GM has to design encounters to specifically counter them, it's a clear sign that the option is overpowered and needs toning down.
>>
Falling Damage.
Being thrown of the Toyko Sky Tree means instant death, huh. Makes sense.
You'd need some serious defense build build to tank that fall.
>>
>>52717672
But thats outright wrong.

You wouldn't send the same exact thing against an entirely magic based party as you would an entire physical one. You wouldn't send slow enemies after fast ones. You wouldn't send weak enemies that hit fast against an enemy with a lot of armor.

Tailoring to your part is essential to GMing. Anyone saying otherwise is fucking retarded. Just because one option a player can use makes you need to take measures against that doesn't make it broken, it makes it different. Just because the mononoke in the main book are balanced against the styles there doesn't make them "Balanced" it makes them balanced against just that. Nothing more or less. With the extra GM stuff in that first expansion, your argument may entirely fall apart as that stuff is balanced for the stuff in ITS book.
>>
>>52717725

You are entirely missing my point.

Yes, a good GM tailors their encounter to the party.

But if a single party member is a significantly greater influence on that than any other, that countering them specifically is a higher priority, then in all likelihood that option is overpowered and might need work.

That a character option which breaks action economy isn't exactly surprising, either. It is very, very rare that action economy isn't the most powerful thing in a combat system.
>>
Are there any more Elements in the Expansions? I want 'Wood' Element for a tree spirit.
>>
>>52717843
Hmm. I could just fluff magic attacks as plants & trees attacking and use Toxin element. Need to think on it a bit more.
>>
Fallen Shift
> where a character has been blown away by an impact, fallen from a high place, or tripped over a rock.

This is such an "arson, murder, and jaywalking" phrase, I lol'd,
>>
File: light-bulb-219x300.jpg (10KB, 219x300px) Image search: [Google]
light-bulb-219x300.jpg
10KB, 219x300px
Aha!
I can use Legos as Obstacle markers.
> pats self on back
>>
The combat rules seem fairly straightforward. After one or two sessions it should be pretty easy to play.
>>
Finished the Rules section.
Doesn't seem that difficult, honestly. It's the interaction with the various Talents & Regalia that might prove tricky, though.

Let's tackle the GM section!
>>
Page 299, Winds of Death
> By using something akin a sealed weapon or a forbidden spell

There's a 'to' missing after 'akin'.
>>
I've read this a couple times, but does 'Concept: False God' contradict itself?
> Until all [Distortions] other than those with [Sense: N/A] appearing in the episode are dealt with, or until the [Final Battle], when [Combat End] occurs the target gains [Remove: All negative Shifts], and can recover up to their maximum HP. This Talent has no effect if there are [Distortions] in the episode.

Until all Distortions are dealt with, this talent is in effect, but this talent has no effect if there are Distortions in the episode. What?

Is there a 'no' missing?
> no effect if there are NO Distortions in the episode.
>>
Other than the above, I'm really digging the Boss Talents. I hope there are some more in the Expansions.
>>
Typo:
Page 310, end of second-to-last paragraph:
> may become an [Source]

may become a [Source]
>>
I don't get the Special Damage of the 'Repeating Time' Distortion. It says '5d6 Recovery'. How is recovery damage?
>>
>>52718768
That seems likely.

>>52718885
Not translated yet, but there are.

>>52719045
Recovery is counted as damage for all intents and purposes. Much the same as casting cure in FF can kill undead as it counts as damage. Special damage just means its different from regular physical or magical effects.
>>
>>52714966
That's a mistake. The stuff in the pastebin isn't 100% accurate, after all. There's a 1-per-scene limit on summoning that I skipped over like the silly translator I am

.>>52717843
From how the plant enemies work, apparently Magnet is the catch-all for earth/wood?
>>
>>52719937
That changes his arguments a great deal.
>>
>>52717772

Out of curiosity, do you think deckers in Shadowrun are overpowered because it's necessary to counter them specifically?
>>
Typo: Page 345, Bloodsucker Locust
> The victim of a bloodsucker locust has all of their bloodsucked in ten seconds

Missing space in 'bloodsucked'.
>>
>>52720094
Thanks! (And to all the other people posting typos/errors, thank you too!)
>>
>>52720085

No, but that's because they interact with the system in a completely different way. I'd argue it's not well designed, since the decker doing anything basically excludes the rest of the group for the duration, but that's neither here nor there.
>>
>>52720005

I have already been taking into account the once-per-scene limitations on Bound Primals.
>>
>>52720229

How would you suggest fixing them, or tweaking the system to make them less of a problem?
>>
Syntax: Page 351, Sakabashira
> over time it grew self-awareness and cursed humans

Either use 'it gained self-awareness' or 'it grew self-aware'. Otherwise it just sounds weird.
>>
File: a4af09e3fb7718a820d0fcc506fb107a.jpg (910KB, 868x1228px) Image search: [Google]
a4af09e3fb7718a820d0fcc506fb107a.jpg
910KB, 868x1228px
>>52720272

I would overhaul Bound Primals entirely so that they use their own dedicated statistics blocks (instead of pulling from the bestiary), and so that commanding them takes actions.
>>
Page 364, Tenko
Under Materials 10+
> Foul-Tailed Spirit Crest

Is this correct? Foul-Tailed? Sounds odd.
>>
The Chaos Mononoke are the BEST! Such good horror fodder. Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!
>>
>>52720992
wait till the sixth expansion comes out. We're gonna get straight up eldritch monstronsities
>>
Page 403, Narration

> Teresa tells you to perish the wicked

That's not phrase that actually exists. Maybe 'punish the wicked'?
>>
>>52721716
Just for the sake of argument, wouldn't it have been easier to write all this down in a notepad doc and then post it all at once for easy copying?
>>
And finished with the book. All in all a pretty good system.
I'll stop here then and wait for further PDFs, as I just can't bring myself to read stuff on Pastebin.

Thanks for your work, translator. You did a good job.

>>52721753
You know, that never even occured to me. I just posted what I saw as I read it. Oh well, it's done now. At least it bumped the thread. :D
>>
>>52722049
true enough, but i feel bad for kamigakari anon having to go through the thread finding all of it.
>>
As suggested by anon, here's my collected typo/error stuff. I ommitted the ones that were already covered in the Errata.

---

Found a word missing on page 100 of the PDF under 'Familiar':

> You employ a spirit or some kind of small that supports you in your investigations and magic use.

There should probably be the word 'animal' between 'small' and 'that'.

---

On page 101 armor is spelled in both British (armour) and American (armor) versions in the same entry.

---

Maybe turn 'Hand-and-a-Half Sword' into either 'Longsword' or 'Bastard Sword' to avoid confusion.

---

There's a weird formatting (?) error on page 185. The little triange in the description after "marked with a ..." is invisible. If I copy it into a doc it's there, but in the PDF it shows only a blank space.

This recurs a couple of times. I noticed it in one of the sample Episoded, were the 'number in a circle' after 'Player' was invisible, too.

---

Page 185: Delinquent
"A student an attitude problem."

The 'with' is missing.

---

In the table on page 228, under 6-No Influence it says 'Spirit Rest' in the Effect description instead of 'Spirit Crest'.

---

On page 236, under Action 3
>One a [Simple Move] is made, please be aware that [Action 14: Standby] cannot be declared.

'One' should be 'Once'.

---

Page 299, Winds of Death
> By using something akin a sealed weapon or a forbidden spell

There's a 'to' missing after 'akin'.
>>
>>52722985
CONT.

---

I've read this a couple times, but does 'Concept: False God' contradict itself?
> Until all [Distortions] other than those with [Sense: N/A] appearing in the episode are dealt with, or until the [Final Battle], when [Combat End] occurs the target gains [Remove: All negative Shifts], and can recover up to their maximum HP. This Talent has no effect if there are [Distortions] in the episode.

Until all Distortions are dealt with, this talent is in effect, but this talent has no effect if there are Distortions in the episode. What?

Is there a 'no' missing?
> no effect if there are NO Distortions in the episode.

---

Page 310, end of second-to-last paragraph:
> may become an [Source]

may become a [Source]

---

Page 345, Bloodsucker Locust
> The victim of a bloodsucker locust has all of their bloodsucked in ten seconds

Missing space in 'bloodsucked'.

---

Syntax: Page 351, Sakabashira
> over time it grew self-awareness and cursed humans

Either use 'it gained self-awareness' or 'it grew self-aware'. Otherwise it just sounds weird.

---

Page 364, Tenko
Under Materials 10+
> Foul-Tailed Spirit Crest

Is this correct? Foul-Tailed? Sounds odd.

---

Page 403, Narration

> Teresa tells you to perish the wicked

That's not phrase that actually exists. Maybe 'punish the wicked'?
>>
>>52721716
They mean to P~E~R~I~S~H the wicked
>>
> Maybe turn 'Hand-and-a-Half Sword' into either 'Longsword' or 'Bastard Sword' to avoid confusion.

I'd also change 'Rod' to 'Club' which is a more widespread term among the RPG crowd.
>>
Happy Easter, folks.

Since the family'll only visit on Monday I'll lurk again tomorrow.
>>
Can someone explain Target [Area] to me? Am I hitting everyone in a specific area or just one person within that area as opposed to a line?
>>
>>52725007
If you can reach one portion of the engagement, you can target anyone within that area freely. There is no friendly fire, so you can target only enemies.
>>
>>52725007
yep. Along with >>52725157 there's also target X#, which means targeting a specific number of things, not necessarily bound by engagements.
>>
File: SaberalterTCending.jpg (4MB, 4752x2687px) Image search: [Google]
SaberalterTCending.jpg
4MB, 4752x2687px
Anyone got any idea's or builds they'd like help with?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>52727920
Most of my existing characters are pretty simple and would probably be easy to make. I think I might finally attempt to make a character for kicks and try to see if a friend or two is interested.
>>
>>52725157
Can I hit every engaged enemy at once?
>>
>>52731529
Yup!
>>
I'm at work and can't read the rules of this system, but can I get a quick TLDR? It seems this is like Anime M&M?
>>
>>52731707
If you are talking general setting, that may be a good way to put it.

You are in a japanese town, and as god slayers its your job to take down disturbances and forces of evil that disturb the peace of the city. Why your character does that is entirely up to you.
>>
I couldn't help myself, so I put the Expansions into a .doc and started reading. I'll probably skip the Items entries, though.
>>
I like the idea of Sanctums. Very anime.
>>
>>52733084
It's also basically a dungeon crawl.
>>
>>52733084
Yeah, it seems like it was added to accommodate longer running "episodes", and to add unique challenges against your party. The base game somewhat needed something like that, and man did the first expansion deliver.
>>
'Armor Corrosion' is a pretty harsh effect.
>>
Is the stuff you 'lose' in Sanctum Crises permanently lost or does it reappear once the Purge is completed and you exit the Sanctum?
>>
On a first read-through, Bound Primals look fairly weak to me.
>>
Combine Darkstalker monster transformation with God Hand style, especially B, and you pretty much have the Hulk.
>>
>>52733234
There are a couple items that in conjunction make them slightly more powerful, for just 2000G. They give it an extra D6 and allow the contractor to summon a mononoke of 1 level higher.

While i understand the other anons point, there are ways of dealing with it. Its not the utterly game breaking thing he makes it out to be, when a player of equivalent level can be far more powerful.
>>
>>52733723
>god hand b

Wouldn't he be A? Smashing and using improvised weapons seems more his style than throws and holds.
>>
File: Celty_and_shooter.png (213KB, 680x732px) Image search: [Google]
Celty_and_shooter.png
213KB, 680x732px
Hmm.
Darkstalker, Arc Slayer A / Contractor A?
>>
>>52733801
Ah, but consider:

Smiting Tornado
Spirit Warhead
Smiting Drop
Feat of Resilience

Especially Spirit Warhead.
>>
>>52733898
Sounds about right. That'd be a pretty fun character to play, now that i think of it.
>>
Scion, God Hand A & B.
>>
>>52733789
>when a player of equivalent level can be far more powerful.

But both the Primal and the player get actions.
>>
>>52734131
Its still less than a fifth person and the contractor themselves is still weaker for it. How much so is a matter of debate though.
>>
File: 2782300-dragonslayer.png (478KB, 415x960px) Image search: [Google]
2782300-dragonslayer.png
478KB, 415x960px
Giant Sword is meant for him, isn't it?
>>
>>52734260
Totally.
>>
File: martialweaponsaisize01.jpg (22KB, 210x360px) Image search: [Google]
martialweaponsaisize01.jpg
22KB, 210x360px
Why is this listed under Form: Spear? It's not long big/long enough, is it?
>>
>>52734294
you could attach one to a quarter staff and have an effective spear, i guess.
>>
Lol. Who runs around with a chainsaw as their Artificial Regalia? Leatherface?
>>
>>52734320
Someone that knows how to have fun.
>>
File: Air_Gear_v01c02_114-5-1.png (111KB, 360x279px) Image search: [Google]
Air_Gear_v01c02_114-5-1.png
111KB, 360x279px
Jet Shoes?
>>
Done with Expansion 1. Here's my typo/error/mistake/suggestions report.
I went into full 'editor mode'. Sorry.
I can't give page numbers for these (obviously), but I hope this is helpful.

EXPANSION 1

> those born to unusual abilities

I'd change it to 'those born with unusual abilities'
---
> ancestors have deified and worshipped the gods

How do you deify a god? It's an oxymoron, as the god's already divine. I suggest changing this phrase.
---
> and also those abilities can be enhanced

'and those abilities can also be enhanced'
---
> The reason being they don't wish to

'The reason being that they don't wish to'
---
> many cases of pre-arranged engagements

Just write 'pre-arranged marriages'. 'Engagement' always makes me think of combat, i.e. "engaging the enemy".
---
> many Heroic Spirits despite to end all Aramitama using the Promise of Ascension.

This sentence makes no sense. Did you mean to write 'desire' instead of 'despite'?
---
> Inorganic material and machines in which the feelings of people dwell within.

'Material' has to be plural too (= 'materials'), to fit into the rest of the sentence. That 'within' is superfluous.
I'd change the whole sentence into: "Inorganic materials and machines which hold the feelings of people within them."
---
> they seek to bring peace to the world, and happiness to the people

You can erase that comma there, it's not needed.
---
> live freely, however once a supernatural incident occurs,

Turn the first comma into a semi-colon. Put a comma behind 'however'.
---
> suppressing "Cursed Gods," or repeling other Godhunters

'repelling'
---
> and further strength Artificial Regalia

'strenghten'
---
> structure, appearance, and size of the interior of a Sanctum is as the Nushi desires

'are as the Nushi desires'
---
> a beautiful, labrynthine shrine

'labyrinthine'
---
> The second, is that

Place the comma behind 'is', not before.
>>
>>52734879
CONT.

> Mononoke who have become Cursed Gods completely lose all judgment and reason, and all that move--even their own family--are devoured, and Innocents have their souls stolen.

This sentence makes little sense. Better check your translation. The 'all that move' part especially.
Maybe 'every living thing - even their own family - are devoured...', or 'everthing that moves...', or 'all that moves/lives'?
---
> being wounded by another Cursed God, and their influence infecting their soul.

The comma is unnecessary.
---
> because of the powerful spirit energy flowing through a [Sanctum] messes with their [Spirit],

'messing with their [Spirit]'
---
> After, the [Areas] that [Paths] connect to the current [Area] may be moved to.

Just 'After' sounds wrong. Maybe use 'Afterwards', or 'After this'. Also, rewrite to '[Areas] that [Paths] are connecting to'.
---
> all [Time Actions] that have occured during the past seven steps

'occurred'
---
> the story transititions to [Episode End]

'transitions'
---
> Percusive Instrument

'Percussive'
---
> Dragon God Battlelust

It looks weird. Maybe divide it up into 'Battle Lust'.
---
> Divine Souls are beings that are opposite of Aramitama

'that are the opposite of'
---
Under 'Divine Motion'
> Apppearance Check

one 'p' too many
---
> You set corruption free when defeating an Aramitama, cleaning souls in the area.

'cleaning' -> 'cleansing'
Also needs a rewrite. 'Set corruption free' sounds odd. Maybe: 'You remove corruption when defeating an Aramitama, cleansing souls in the area.
---
The Heroic Spirit Racial Talents have these: « ». The Divine Soul and Dragon Lord Racial Talents don't.
---
«Spiritualization»
> Apppearance Check

Again, a 'p' too many.
---
Spirit Armament
> converting it into a temporary Artificial Regalia, then use it to attack.

'... Regalia and then use it to attack.'
>>
>>52734895
Extension of Self
> any Regalia in your hands is just an extension of your fist.

'... hands are just an extension of your fist.'
---
Hidden Pressure Points
> Assessing the weak points your opponent's spirit crest

'... weak points of your opponent's ...'
---
Invite Ruin
> Using an ultimate technique you devised yourself, you hammer your opponent

Remove the comma.
---
Shortened Earth
> a hair's bredth.

'breadth'
---
Soul Grip
> Rather than their bodies, you pin their soul, and break it.

I'd write it like this: "Rather than their bodies, you pin their soul ... and break it."
---
Blindside Barrage
> your opponent's blindspot

Blindspot is a TV show, not a word. Divide up into 'blind spot'.

> recover from a condition shift, then unleash an attack.

Replace the comma with 'and'.
---
Feat of Resilience
> By freely controlling spirit energy, you strengthen your body to become like steel.

Remove the comma.
---
Hua Jin Expert
> Through proficiency in hardening, you can manifest

The comma is unnecessary.
---
The Contractor Style Talents, Common Talents, and High Talents have these: « ». God Hand and Divine Talker Style Talents don't.
---
Astonishing Rush
> you pass obstacles and opponents by.

'you bypass obstacles and opponents.'
---
Explosive Leap
> After charging, you grasp hold of spirit energy and cause it to explode underfoot, leaping utilizing the force.

I'd change it to: '... underfoot, making a leap utilizing the force.
---
> Power Absorbtion

'Absorption'
---
Massive Size
> a +2 modifer

'modifier'
---
Share the Burden
> Forcibly applying the Contractor's characteristic empathic abilities, you take on another's wounds.

Unnecessary comma.
---
Harmonic Excitation
> you fold someone in etherlight, causing them to regain consciousness lost from serious wounds.

'you enfold someone in etherlight' ... 'to regain their consciousness lost...'
---
Scout Expertise
> with magnificient support abilities.

'magnificent'
>>
>>52734903
CONT.

Dilettante
> They often possessed specialized skills.

'possess'
---
'Upperclass' should either be two words or have a hyphen.
---
Cover 3
Leader
> a charismatic leader that lead people

'led people'
---
Coat of Truth
> and it accels in physical defense, which is often a Magus's weak point.

???
Did you mean 'excels'?
---
Ancient Armor
> Armor contempory to when a Heroic Spirit lived

'contemporary'
---
Sanskrit Ring
> a special sanskrit character

'Sanskrit'. It's always capitalized.
---

And done. Hope it helps.
>>
>>52734918
Damn dude. Thats a lot of shit.
>>
Damn I made a typo myself:

> and further strength Artificial Regalia

'strengthen'
>>
I'll take a 5 minute break and then'll will dive into Expansion 2.
Maybe 3 today, too. If not, 3-5 on Tuesday the latest.
>>
Well shit, we managed to reach bump limit. Nice job guys.

New thread here
>>52735149
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.