[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it possible to be good at painting miniatures, even if you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1gd.jpg (40KB, 470x352px) Image search: [Google]
1gd.jpg
40KB, 470x352px
i have Deuteranopia and have quite some problems figuring out different shades for green, yellow, red and blue.

Having trouble even seeing purple at all.

so would i still be able to paint good if i don't see most of the colors correctly?
>>
Yes. The colors will be labeled for you and understanding light and dark is more important.
>>
>>52645630
I have a friend who's a colorblind artist. Unless you're trying to match specific colors, you'll be fine.

Of course, if you're trying to do historically-accurate WWII vehicle camo patterns, you might have problems.

Most hobbyist mini painters use pre-mixed paint colors anyways, so the hard part is pretty much already solved for you.
>>
>>52645630
>Having trouble even seeing purple at all.
What do you see instead?
>>
>>52647081

The deuteranomaly ones make purple look kind of blue to me.

http://www.color-blindness.com/coblis-color-blindness-simulator/
>>
>>52645630
the easiest way to determine that would be to look at wellpainted and not so wellpainted miniatures

you will probably find examples for mismatching colors etc on the net.

here is Games Workshops (Citadel paints) color chart, it might help to see where you have problems and help by finding colors that belong together

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads/CitadelPaintingSystem.pdf
>>
Yeah, my buddy's dad is a painter who does landscapes and he's colorblind too. My friend would hand his dad mislabeled colors sometimes when he was a kid, the mismatched color landscapes ended up selling for a little more than the regular ones I think.
>>
>>52647081
Blue, it's very rare that i can see purple
>>
>>52645630
Paint eldar harlequins, even if you fuck up the colors they look normal.
>>
>>52647102
>>52651913

I'm not a painting expert by any means, but with labeled pre-mixed paints, it should be very possible to just sort of you know...avoid the purple problem by avoiding painting things purple.
>>
>>52652146
true, since they are labled i have not that big of a problem regarding purple.

But in that post i was basically just explaining that i mostly see blue instead of purple.
>>
I believe there is a guy who is or was a regular in /wip/ who was colourblind and a very solid painter. Unless I got my anons mixed up he painted up some very nice looking eldar for armies on parade and i think he medalled.
>>
Color blind myself. Not even sure what kind, desu. Last time I took the test at an optometrist, they just kinda gave me this "oh no, he's just retarded" look. 80% of the test I couldn't see jack shit in those Dip'N'Dots circles. Paintings tricky for me, because I don't do shades very well, and the lighting and surrounding colors of something throw off what I'm seeing. So blue on its own looks "blue", but when it's paired next to another color, it registers as pinks, purples, or others. Same with the rest. I try to stick to simple color schemes, or ones I know work well. All my 40k armies have ended up being major sports team colors without intending it. Nids we're Denver Broncos, SM we're San Diego Chargers, etc. Now my Stormcasts are Lannisters.

I just stick to labeled pots, and try not to own too many shades of something. Kantor Blue, to Altaioc Something, to Fuck Off Other Shade? Nah. We basecoat that shit and move on to the next color. I've tried doing layers, and I can't tell what I've done and not done.
>>
Here's an idea... only paint in sepia tones to give your minis a unique old feel/look.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.