[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what might be a LG-aligned reason for two LG-aligned persons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 1491519360795.jpg (88KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
1491519360795.jpg
88KB, 500x440px
what might be a LG-aligned reason for two LG-aligned persons to fight eachother in a serious battle? assuming they werent deceived about eachother by plan or circumstances.
>>
>>52645289
The rules that govern each of them conflict. And both are lawful stupid.
>>
>>52645289
They represent two different sides in a trial by combat.
One represents the government, and is in that position specifically for their morality and just nature.
The other is representing the accused, someone they believe to be innocent.
They fight each other because the law demands it and they both see the law as just.
>>
File: bruno the trash man.jpg (337KB, 845x1109px) Image search: [Google]
bruno the trash man.jpg
337KB, 845x1109px
>>52645289
>alignments
>>
>>52645289
honor.
women.
orders.
chivalry
>>
>>52645289
>Does pineapple belong on pizza?
>>
>>52645289
They have different opinions and beliefs?
>>
>>52645289
They have a difference of opinion that cannot be resolved except through force of arms?

Why do any two characters of any alignment ever fight?
>>
>>52645289
https://youtu.be/-mm4mLsCAyI
>>
>>52646626
>Why do any two characters of any alignment ever fight?

Because at least one isn't Good and the one who is in the wrong won't give way.
>>
File: e0b.jpg (25KB, 680x339px) Image search: [Google]
e0b.jpg
25KB, 680x339px
>>52645289

They have different solutions to address the same problem. They both believe that the other's solution is inherently flawed and will result in evil. Neither is deceived, or believes the other is evil, just wrong.

For example, after capturing the BBEG, the Paladin believes he must be executed immediately to prevent his escape. The Cleric will not allow a prisoner to be killed without due trial. This is a classic "right vs. right" scenario.
>>
>>52649833
>image

obviously you push the fat man as opposed to pulling the lever because:
>he eats our food and possibly costs us tax money for healthcare
>6-1 =5, so I saved people as opposed to 2-5 =-3 where I would be a triple-murderer at least
>>
>>52649957

But by doing so, you treat the fat man as a means to an end, rather than an end-in-itself, thus violating his human dignity.

So this is also a right vs. right scenario. It is right to save as many people as possible. It is also right to not kill people, just because you decided to.
>>
File: 1484343836453.gif (49KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484343836453.gif
49KB, 900x300px
>>52645289
> what might be a LG-aligned reason for two LG-aligned persons to fight eachother in a serious battle?
Skub, also known as "the Apple of Discord in squeezable form".
>>
>>52650022
wasnt I clear enough with my decision?
Even if my actions were morally unjustifiable because of some abstracted principle, there are 6 people being alive rather than just 2 of them. Logistics, man.
>>
>>52649957
What kind of trolley get stopped by a fat man?
Yes, even a FAT man.
The answer is to use the trolley's brakes.
>>
File: Tower of joy.jpg (385KB, 2006x804px) Image search: [Google]
Tower of joy.jpg
385KB, 2006x804px
>They waited before the round tower, the red mountains of Dorne at their backs, their white cloaks blowing in the wind. And these were no shadows; their faces burned clear, even now. Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, had a sad smile on his lips. The hilt of the greatsword Dawn poked over his right shoulder. Ser Oswell Whent was on one knee, sharpening his blade with a whetstone. Across his white-enameled helm, the black bat of his House spread its wings. Between them stood fierce old Ser Gerold Hightower, the White Bull, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

>“I looked for you on the Trident,” Ned said to them.

>“We were not there,” Ser Gerold answered.

>“Woe to the Usurper if we had been,” said Ser Oswell.

>“When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were.”

>“Far away,” Ser Gerold said, “or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells.”

>“I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege,” Ned told them, "and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.”

>“Our knees do not bend easily,” said Ser Arthur Dayne.

>“Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him.”

>“Ser Willem is a good man and true,” said Ser Oswell.

>“But not of the Kingsguard,” Ser Gerold pointed out. “The Kingsguard does not flee.”

>“Then or now,” said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.

>“We swore a vow,” explained old Ser Gerold.

>Ned’s wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.

>“And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

>“No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”
>>
>>52650135
the premise of the whole thing was that someone has to pay your decision with their live because there is literally no other option
>>
>>52650086
sure. Mill agrees with you. Kant doesn't
>>
>>52650022
>fatties
>human dignity

Putting them out of their misery is the best thing you can do for them
>>
Duels
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.