[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Starfinder be good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (212KB, 1573x867px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
212KB, 1573x867px
Will Starfinder be good?
>>
>>52639297
It's possibly the worst idea I never wanted. So probably better than Beast the Primordial.
>>
lolno not even close
>>
We've had this thread god knows how many times by this point.

The consensus is a pretty strong 'no'.
>>
>>52639297
It's going to be bad because it is still tied to Pathfinder. No matter what they do, that's an anchor around their neck.

I'll still read it though.
>>
>>52639337
Does that mean Beast was the worst idea you ever wanted? Or the best idea you never wanted?
>>
I never played pathfinder and I just like the different countries and art it has so why is this a bad idea? I'm guessing either the rules suck or the lore sucks
>>
>>52639543
Rules suck. They took everything bad about 3.5 and not only didn't fix it, but actively made it worse.
>>
>>52639297
no
>>
>>52639543
You see that character you just posted? Be default, that character is shit - Daggers are barely worth using, 1h swords are barely worth using, hand-crossbows are shit hamstrung by requiring feats just to not miss with piddly damage.

Unless it's a wizard pretending to be a rogue, a class that's more irrelevant with every new book, that entire character concept is invalidated by the rules of the game.

That's why Pathfinder is shit.
>>
>>52639297
Not only is it guaranteed shit, but it's mere existence also be detrimental to the hobby as it'll revive all the "try to make Pathfinder do things it simply can't fucking do because we refuse to play anything else" stupidity at full force.
>>
>>52639297

Shit setting, shit rules. So it'll be every bit as bad as Pathfinder.
>>
>>52639297
Is Pathfinder good?

The answer is the same.
>>
>>52639297
There's pretty much no possibility of it being good. We know there're conversion rules to run it with Pathfinder, which itself is bogged down by 3.X holdovers. Before getting into any other potential problems, it's very likely that this game will launch with the same mechanical issues people've complained about for over a decade.
>>
I'm excited for the chance to modify it into 5e Starjammer.

But base? Yeah no
>>
File: 1467424151852.png (96KB, 226x164px) Image search: [Google]
1467424151852.png
96KB, 226x164px
>>52639297
>>
>>52639297
The rules will almost certainly be terrible. Maybe it will do something interesting and worthwhile with its setting, but I wouldn't bet on it after looking at the Pathfinder campaign setting.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.