[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 376
Thread images: 94

File: HHG image.jpg (671KB, 811x542px) Image search: [Google]
HHG image.jpg
671KB, 811x542px
Rolled 20 (1d26)

Thunderhawk still resin edition: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/10/thuderhawk-inbound/
Terrain problems subedition

Fulgrim had a go at roleplaying a Daemonette and a Fire Raptor pilot liked it, chainfists aren't ergonomic and Greyfax has interesting but undergunned ancestors. Distraction Primarchfex were deployed to cover the Whale-Stormbird docks and Tabletop Standard is the new transparent and unpainted. Bullock bikes still better than flying penises. All this and more in the long-gone last thread: >>52612825

>READ MOTHERFUCKER READ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>HHG Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>THREAD SPAMMING SHIT BAIT
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3
>>
File: Custom Thunderhawk.gif (1MB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
Custom Thunderhawk.gif
1MB, 390x390px
So, now we're stuck with the scratchbuilding gif and whatever else we can come up with for Superheavy Flyers, have any of you ever built custom terrain for your armies? I need a specialized Skyshield for the Filiketos (now I've found another model for it) anyway, so I was thinking of expanding that into a few tiles' worth of custom base/fortifications for my Genetor fleet, since it would look nice to have everything laid out.

Post custom cool terrain that you've made or seen?
>>
Was there a period of of time between when curze joined the night lords and nostramos falling back into its old ways when good recruits, and not prisoners or scum, were actually sent to join the legion?
>>
>>52633883
Still doing CAD work for ZM board, the major construction components are designed, I just need to print and sand a set of pillars for a test tile.

I don't suppose anyone with an engineering background and a set of calipers could give me the dimensions on the promethium pipes and the flange connector GW has been using on kits? (Like the reactors and new mech stuff)
>>
>>52634014
That was a gradual process, not a change of the type of recruits overnight. When Curze was no longer being batman, Nostramos gradually suffered from more crime and corruption, and the number of not-fucked-up recruits slowly went down with it.
>>
File: IMG_1877.jpg (36KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1877.jpg
36KB, 320x320px
>realize I'll never play more than 2 Knights in a single game

>still keep buying them
>I just love them

Help
>>
>>52634014
>be me, terran night lord
>our primarch has finally been found
>I hope he's good
>turns out he's just a crazy emo with edgy taste
>the legion starts recruiting the rapists and killers from his shitty world
>complains and hates his new recruits but doesn't do anything about it
>forced to watch the once feared legion turn into a legion of dicks
>>
Is the Ottoman Empire a theme in any of the legions?
>>
>>52634068
Is there any fluff about these decent nostramoans? Youd expect them to be more in line with the thinking of some of the more rebellious terran marines id assume
>>
File: THUNDER.jpg (103KB, 1000x816px) Image search: [Google]
THUNDER.jpg
103KB, 1000x816px
It looks glorious !

But by how much do you guys think that they will bump the price up ? Half again as much as the old Thunderhawk ? Twice the price ?
>>
>>52634019
I don't have the new terrain yet, but I'd like to know that too, plus the height for the walkway on pillars in the new Sector Mechanicus so I can set the doors and fuel hatch thing on the Stormbird at the right height to dock with them. Would make things a lot easier when building the docking tower and would look cool.
>>
>>52634192
It's not worth fielding unless they plastic it. The rules are such utter shit, for the same points and $$$$ just get a sokar
>>
>>52634122
Not in any obvious way. What characterizes the Ottoman Empire?
>>
>>52634192
I am so utterly disappointed to be really frank. Dont get me wrong, it's beautiful, but really hoped it would be plastic. As it stands, it's just going to be like the Mastodon, an overpriced (both in pounds and points) resin brick that looks cool but that you will never see on the table bevause it's hard to get and justify such a purchase.
A plastic TH would have been fielded in both 30k and 40k no doubt. A resin one? Nah.
>>
>>52634192
Is it smaller than the previous one?
>>
>>52634278
I guess I'm looking for a non-European WWI theme.
And I guess that means Death Guard or Iron Warriors.
>>
>>52634192

>it's a get everyone excited for a plastic thunderhawk and then make it resin episode

Welp
>>
>>52634276
I think they said they were ypdating the rules, they'll probably make it OP as shit (FW is the PAY TO WIN shop after all).
Still, what a massive difference it would have made if it was plastic and qold in stores. As of now, they'll send a handful, and that's it, whereas it could have sold almost as well as the baneblade, even for double the price.
What a mistake on their part.
>>
>>52634370
The Iron Warriors have some Greek stuff going on (e.g. “Olympia” and Perturabo being a very angry Archimedes) but it doesn’t really affect their legion feel much. Greece was subsumed into the Ottoman Empire so maybe there’s something you can do there. I know the Ottomans had some high-casualty offensives against Russian mountain positions for you to copy. Can’t wait to see Iron Warriors characters wearing a fez.

The Death Guard are supposed to be more British in character and WWI Western Front in feel.

Thousand Sons are a mix of Persian and ancient Egyptian. Word Bearers are arguably Mesopotamian of some sort. White Scars are full of Mongolian names and their BL novels have given them other East Asian themes, but at their core they could’ve been any steppe people, including Turkic (i.e. a decent fit for early Ottomans). The Khan’s usually depicted as looking a little more Turkic than Mongolian, though Chogorians are more Asian.
>>
>>52634509
>(FW is the PAY TO WIN shop after all)
Not really. The Mastodon and Stormbird have pretty lousy rules, and they're expensive models.
>>
File: Karlos Curze.png (144KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Karlos Curze.png
144KB, 350x350px
>>52634014
You could say it happened...overnight :^)
>>
>>52634192
Does it actually look like the one in Inferno? I guess the wings and tail do match, and the changes to the nose just don't show up well at that angle.

I'm disappointed too. I'll stop dreaming of an all-aerial White Scars army with jetbikes, land speeders, marines in Storm Eagles, and bikes in Thunderhawks.
>>
File: IMG_8562.jpg (1MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8562.jpg
1MB, 3888x2592px
Thoughts on using not-MKVI legs that get converted with cooling tubes and studs as a variant of MKV?
>>
File: IMG_8567.jpg (1MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8567.jpg
1MB, 3888x2592px
>>52634652

Also trying to print emblems on shoulderpads is a pain in the ass
>>
>>52634652
Well, Kharn uses MkV and he has MkVI greaves. Same reason why Ahriman has MkIV and MkVI greaves.
>>
>>52634574
If you look outside 30k, it's very much the case though.
Put the dosh on the counter and get guns bigger than your opponents no matter what.
Anyhoo, I'm just really disappointed. Not even angry, just...sad.
I could have seen myself buy it, just like any serious Guard player will buy a Baneblade at some point. It's expensive, sure, but a Knight is about the same price and is far from being as awesome.
I could have bought one, just for the pleasure of ownining one, building it and painting it, if its rules were shit.
But now? For a several hundred pounds brick? Fuck no.
>>
>>52634370
>I'm looking for a non-European WWI theme.
Do you know the Iron Warrior Stor-Bezashk were? They were tasked with manteinance and construction of deadly weapons and relics
Turns out they were the Persian horse caretakers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stor_Bezashk
Do you know about the Great Bombard, that managed to breach the walls of Constantinople where it had resisted all manner of assaults for a thousand years? Also a turkish thing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dardanelles_Gun

Iron Warriors look WWII and dress a-bit-less-knightly-than-the-DA because it's a british game, but they have elements from the greeks, which allows them to also bring elements from the places the Byzantines lived, as >>52634557 accurately points out.
Whom everyone called "greeks", since "Byzantines" is a modern construct and they called themselves "romans" anyway.
>>
File: Guardia_del_Fénix.jpg (38KB, 304x450px) Image search: [Google]
Guardia_del_Fénix.jpg
38KB, 304x450px
Forge World restock Phoenix termins already, I need them please.
>>
>>52634723
Eh, the most undercosted units are in GW codices and some of them are fairly large.

But total agreement on the Thunderhawk - I would've bought a plastic one even if I didn't intend to use it. Definitely at $200 US. How big is a Thunderhawk? Would it have been more than $200 in plastic? I'd have been okay with a little more.
>>
>>52634575
fucking carlos, pls
>>
>>52634786
Judging by the canon, which I presume to be the same as the one found on the Baneblade variants, it's about 2 Baneblades long.
I could have seen it sold at 150-170 pounds in plastic, considering the Baneblade is 85.
It woul have sold like absolute hotcakes, the last model you're supposed to get for your SM army. One of those glorious setpiece a shop can proudly expose.
>>
File: thunderhawk_vs_stormravens.jpg (93KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
thunderhawk_vs_stormravens.jpg
93KB, 800x450px
>>52634786
>How big is a Thunderhawk?
>>
File: 20170410_204409.jpg (467KB, 1143x857px) Image search: [Google]
20170410_204409.jpg
467KB, 1143x857px
Praise agrax. What have you been working on lately /hhg/?
>>
File: 20170410_194914-1.jpg (286KB, 795x594px) Image search: [Google]
20170410_194914-1.jpg
286KB, 795x594px
>>52634850
Some Pale Nomads. Not the 30k version I'm afraid.
>>
>>52634898
Nice loyalist night lord
>>
>>52634574
>Not really.

Magnus
>>
>>52634850

Moving house, mostly. Am now sitting in a building with one bed, one lamp and a desk with computer/chair, and that's it. I can't paint or do actually helpful work, so I guess I continue to sketch Whalebirds and shitpost on /tg/ about them for the rest of the night.

>>52634574

Stormbird I think is two Baneblades strapped together and flying for pretty much the same price as two Baneblades, so it's OK. Sadly, Baneblades themselves aren't excellent as is, because Knights.
Mastodon is the Mega-Spartan, but a little too expensive. Honestly anything >600pts should have a way to resist shit like Haywire, impose a -1 or -2 on the table, because for me and anyone else with a Vulturax it's just too easy to kill them.

Would have bought a plastic 'Hawk to loot for parts if it was real, but I dislike converting resin and it's now way too expensive to justify.
Ah well, double Stormraven engines mixed with Sector Mechanicus toys it is.
>>
>>52634850
What's your secret for your jacked hobby gains?
>>
>>52635094
Limited free time
>>
>>52635116
I see, thanks.
>>
>>52634964
Counterpoint. GW Magnus.
>>
>>52635116
I thought it was the opposite
>>
>>52635206
But here's the thing, Magnus is a niche in a niche. It's the Demon Primarch of a CSM army that is already quite niche. Not everyone who plays CSM/Chaos is going to get it.

I really think the Baneblade is the best example. A big piece that can be used with almost every IG army because it fits, apart from maybe Elysians, biggest unit in the army, a central piece with a truckload of bitz and therefore, reasonnably priced (in pounds), and available in store.
As such, any self respecting IG olayer will get one at some point, even if he doesn't play it, because it has a fair price and is fucking awesome beyond measure.
Hard to justify a FW price when you have next to no variety possible in the loadout, is in resin so has only downside compared to plastic, and can't buy it in store.
As is stands, unless it's something like 150 pounds or less, they won't even sell a thousands of these, ever. But we both know it won't be that price, not at all.
Had it been in plastic and at that price, sold in stores, they would have sold a thousand in maybe a month, tops.
>>
File: 1463498395233.jpg (541KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1463498395233.jpg
541KB, 1280x1280px
>>52635377
No, when I was unemployed it was very hard to get anything done. Now that I have a job I want to use my limited free time well.
>>
>>52635392
>Not everyone who plays CSM/Chaos is going to get it.
Good chunk of competitive Chaos lists run Magnus+Daemons as his formation allows you to run him and 3-9 Daemon Princes as your HQ slot.

Plus, his model is just amazing in general.
>>52635206
>GW Magnus
How is that a counterpoint? Both companies release power-creeped units, just look at Cawl or Celestine.
>>
>>52635479
Still, with SM being the most played army by far, a plastic Thunderhawk would have been a fantastic success. Add CSM to the armies that would buy it, and GW would have swim in money. Dammit GW, why don't you want my money?
What a letdown.
>>
>>52634850
Resin assault marines. These fuckers absolutely suck. Shit poses, annoying casting gates... grrr.
>>
>>52635797
Another case where GW/FW could probably make a load of extra cash if they stopped being so damn protectionist over certain lines and put 30k assault marines out in plastic. Also breachers. Hell, if all three compulsory troops choices in AOD were available for cheap* I think that'd be helpful for the game. Might cut down on the ol' POTL spam too.

*You know what I mean.
>>
>>52634669
That actually looks really cool. And no problems with the legs; Mk V gives you a lot of leeway, and I'm fine with any legs that don't have oval kneepads (those are all Mk VII-VIII, right?).

>>52635797
Which armor mark, so I know to avoid them?
>>
>>52635849
Seeing how FW xants to keep doing black books, I can see GW doing all the armor marks (except Mk1) as tacticals in BoP/BaC boxes, before doing the same with assault and mayyybe devastators. At the rate of 1 mark per year, it'll take some time, but that gives them huge assured sales every year in october/november.
>>
File: spartan.jpg (40KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
spartan.jpg
40KB, 600x620px
Is the spartan the most boring unit ever ?
>>
>>52635849
>Might cut down on the ol' POTL spam too.
160pts for sniper vets vs 200pts for guys with a 6++ at range. BaC is one of the greatest factors helping the PotL army composition, but it's not the only one.
>>
>>52634192
>it's a resin thunderhawk
Hastings BTFO again.
>>
>>52635929
it looks brutal
>>
File: Boring Moral choice.png (153KB, 280x286px) Image search: [Google]
Boring Moral choice.png
153KB, 280x286px
>>52635929
Considering the other ways to carry a terminator squad with an attached IC either fly or are LoWs (or are both), then it's not only a boring unit.
It's most of the time your ONLY choice
>>
>>52635929
It should have been a superheavy 6HP LoW like it's brethren the Typhon and the Cerberus.
>>
>>52635979
Yeah, Land Raiders really need to be bumped up to 11/6 capacity.
>>
>>52635929
Long wheel base land raiders are boring but work well in 30k
>>
>>52635929
Tanks in general are boring, infantry for max flavour master race
>>
>>52635929
Yeah, pretty much. Not only is it dull, expected and even easier to counter than double pod Leviathan, it's shit looking and means all the prettily painted Primarchs and Terminators never get to see the board longer than ten minutes. I hate them, but love to destroy them. Perhaps some day the local meta will learn to stop running that+Primarch/Pmedicae 10 terms into Reductor prepared for Solar Auxilia levels of tank, but until then my two Medusae and Vulturax will keep racking up the Numbered Mistake kills.
>>
>>52634070
Why not just play a knights list then?
>>
>>52634192
Imagine owning an old thunderhawk and having to not own this.
On the other hand, there might be some cheap old thunderhawks on ebay as they're replaced.
>>
>>52636146
>Reductor prepared for Solar Auxilia levels of tank
What's that list like, anon?
>>
>>52636140
I agree, but my friends play a lot of spartans and flyers, it really pissed me off because I need to think about it when building my list and most of the time I end up playing things I don't like in order to not be crushed :(
>>
>>52634192
Clearly a recast, the resin's the wrong colour.
>>
>>52635880
Mk IV ass marines. The jump packs are cool but I think they'd actually look better on BaC dudes.
>>
>>52636317
Kek.
>>
>>52636338
>assault marines
>squatting around instead of charging toward the enemy/taking off/landing
It'll be shit.
>>
File: Arditi.jpg (20KB, 568x450px) Image search: [Google]
Arditi.jpg
20KB, 568x450px
When is 30k going to use the neo2nd-8th edition rules? I was thinking about assault marines, but if Despoilers were able to charge from Rhinos, that'd be great.
Even if they were restricted to disordered charges, that would only validate Hammer of Olympia tacticals.
IW Arditi when
>>
>>52636296
At 2.5k, squad of Droplites, two Medusae, two Vulturax and a Macrocarid with Gravidions. Allied Detachment of Levy blobs and then basic Thallax/Occularis Magos. At higher points there's an Enginseer unit to fix the artillery and an Archimandrite/barebones Reductor to bolster the tanks.

Occasionally something pops the Macrocarid early and my command squad eats Demolisher, but that's what Archmagos McT6 is for.

Pretty brutal list, but I'm up against almost nothing but Spartan/Leviathan spam and Veletaris/Dracosan Auxilia, apart from my DG friend which is a chance to tinker with fun lists, since Reductor isn't an autoloss vs. Mortarion like Cybernetica. Was kind of praying for Plastic Thunderhawk so I could nick it and make their no-Skyfire lists eat Assault Ursarax, but whatever. May just throw them in anyway, they're fast enough to dodge Leviathans and it's good LoS dodge practice vs. that twat with the Auxilia and Ultramarines Suzy spam.
>>
>>52636419
Presumably after, and not before, 8th is actually released.
>>
>>52636146
What ARE the good ways to counter Spartans? Lots of vehicles with lascannons? Laser Destroyer Arrays?
>>
>>52636465
>>52636419

I do hope that Angelus isn't made obsolete by the new edition.
>>
>>52636481
>Legiones Astartes
Fast Attack choices like Kraken Lightnings, Grav Land's Speeders and Outflanking Lascanon Javelins
Or Medusae
>Mechanicum
Imploder Destructors, Grav Secutors (now obsolete), Droplites, Vulturax, Medusae
>IM & SA
They're a meme army, so I'm guessing lots of artillery. The SA's own superheavies can withstand Spartans, but aren't that good at destroying them.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1491852499365.jpg (41KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1491852499365.jpg
41KB, 720x960px
>mixing your armour marks for your missing XIth legion
I sure hope you guys don't do this
>>
>>52636481
3 Warlords.
>>
>>52636493
When their legion specifics are released and the full might of the Angel is brought to bear, they'll be the best legiones astartes of them all, hands down, guaranteed.
>>
>>52636558
Please explain the fluff behind that particular missing legion.
>>
File: 20170410_182515.jpg (919KB, 1426x772px) Image search: [Google]
20170410_182515.jpg
919KB, 1426x772px
>>52634850
Got the bases finished last night.
>>
>>52636371
The squat actually lends itself pretty well to a "landing" stance.

Resin dudes aren't charging, they just sorta look like they're standing around doing nothing.
>>
File: gay ass punk ninja.jpg (20KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
gay ass punk ninja.jpg
20KB, 500x281px
>>52636558
Looks like a cross of Blackshields with Naruto
>>
File: FB_IMG_1483647393896.jpg (57KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483647393896.jpg
57KB, 720x960px
>>52636567
I don't know, something something xenotech something something purged
have a lorgar with Skrillex hair
>>
>>52636481
I imagine it's harder for Legions, since I can just use Haywire, but Lascannon flanking squads, Graviton (or on side armour, LasDestroyer) Rapiers, the almighty Kraken Lightning Fighter of awesome (best way, IMO, so helpful) or just flying units of any kind with decent weaponry. If all else fails, punch it with a melee Dreadnought screened with something cheapish like Tacs. It's not a Superheavy, so that's almost certainly going to cripple or kill it, and you can afford to trade the 'Nought or some Marines for it especially since you basically score 500pta s worth of Mobility Kill right there.
>>
>>52636590
>>52636371
I remember in Dawn of War where they would never walk, and instead would hover everywhere on their jump packs.
>>
>>52636481
Saboteurs :^)
>>
>>52636558
Nice Space Wolf.
>>
>>52636565
I'd rather not have that. Hopefully they don't go overboard with BA or DA. I already feel bad enough using the blade of perdition.
>>
File: Anon's saboteur.jpg (448KB, 1378x1236px) Image search: [Google]
Anon's saboteur.jpg
448KB, 1378x1236px
>>52636629
Kek, fucking Saboteurs
8th edition will render them useless, now with Tanks becoming multiwound models, presumably incapable of exploding.
>>
>>52636617
What the fuck is that
>>
File: Leman R Kennedy.png (220KB, 546x482px) Image search: [Google]
Leman R Kennedy.png
220KB, 546x482px
>>52636653
>Hopefully they don't go overboard with BA or DA. I already feel bad enough using the blade of perdition.
HOPE IS THE FIRST STEP DOWN THE ROAD OF DISSAPOINTMENT
>>
>>52636674
a """""primarch"""""
>>
>>52636689
Why did he chop a crow in half and glue it to his head?
>>
>>52636706
well, the legion is the "ashen crows" so maybe thats why
>>
File: eidolon.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eidolon.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>52636706
It wouldn't be unheard of
>>
>>52636661
That is a damn shame. They are a lovely unit
>>
File: Hoplite battlefield aftermath.jpg (69KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
Hoplite battlefield aftermath.jpg
69KB, 400x295px
>>52636481
I will add Destructor Thallax to the large pile of Mechanicum units, too. Two minimum squads with that and maybe a Photon Thruster each can fairly easily flank and pick away at a Spartan or Land Raider with a few rerollable 6+s (30% to glance per shot) while doing their main job of scoring forward objectives, and can take a silly amount of return fire back while remaining chilled. Occasionally you even do something awesome with a Lightning Gun rending Pen, and they rip Rhinos apart like nobodys business.

There's almost nothing in >>52636457
that can't hurt AV14, aside from the Levies who can bog one down and possibly kill a chunk of the occupants if they wrap it before someone else pops it, and the Macrocarid is limited to fishing for 6s with the roof Imploder, even if one 6 is auto-Immobilize. Levies will cut anything less than AV12 rear to bits from sheer weight of Rending, though.
>>
I have the oportunity to own the red books, should I get them with 8th edition probably coming up this year or will they be useless in some months? I want them to play 30k at my local GW because lots of people are willing to start in the heresy but we need someone to have the basic books for reference (and not pdf's, the boss would get angry)
>>
File: Atrapos Lascutter.jpg (30KB, 564x582px) Image search: [Google]
Atrapos Lascutter.jpg
30KB, 564x582px
I want an Atrapos because TITAN LIGHTSABER, but I don't want to be a total asshole and bring something that even FW's website describes as "frankly irresponsible" to a regular game. How would you homebrew balance it so I could run it normally?
>>
>>52636906
I predict that FW will take well over a year from the moment that 8th ed. comes out to update the red books.
>>
Hm. Kicking fluff around for the 2nd and the 11th.
So, word of god is all primarchs were found and united with their legions and it is implied that a. the death of IRON HAND, PRIMARCH OF THE IRON HANDS is the first time that's happened and b. that Russ fucked up at least one of the missing legions.
Now, we have the rangdan xenocides suggested as having iron warriors of a bad day level of casualty rate, only with more competence and less bitterness.
Wot if the reason the RX were such a nightmare is xeno shenanigans involving brain worms or psychic compulsions or whatever affecting one of the missing legions, meaning we get legion on legion fightan, which causes Russ to get his team-killing boner on.
Now, stay with me, we have the yiffs fielding Yimir stasis bombs, which're noted as being acquired from a conflict the records of which have been [REDACTED].
So, souped-up stasis weaponry, two missing primarchs and one probably dead and one possibly absorbed legion, I posit that one or both primarchs is in a yimir-bomb bottle somewhere in where the RX were fought*.

*Outside of this, which is mostly supported by canon, muh doodz are non-bottled members of the 2nd, staring frustratedly at their primarch/buddies in a planet sized jar.
>>
>>52636983
And Destroyers will become good, but another random squad that no one has ever used will become quite terrible, and everyone will complain and say that they always liked X.
>>
2500pt Chogorian brotherhood list with a pair of jetbike squads, pair of outrider squads, pair of support squads in Rhinos, and pair of Javelins - should I take Sicaran Venator(s), Laser Destroyer Vindicators, normal Vindicators, or a bunch of lascannons somewhere for my anti-tank?
>>
>>52636941
Wait, where does it say on the website that an atrapos is "frankly irresponsible"?
>>
>>52637164
>the deadly lascutter and frankly irresponsible graviton singularity cannon of the Mechanicum Cerastus Knight Atrapos.

Under the "Mechanicum Knight Battle-Line" bundle thing. I just thought it was a very Magos turn of phrase.
>>
>>52637195
That is freaking hilarious.

>>52637162
Post list in greater detail. Are you giving your outriders melta bombs? Which guns are the javelins toting? Vanilla Vindicators have never done well as anti-tank for me atleast
>>
>>52636617
>someone paid a lot of money to create this abomination

someone put that poor lorgar out of its misery please
>>
File: HH chronology 2.png (1MB, 997x840px) Image search: [Google]
HH chronology 2.png
1MB, 997x840px
>>52637034
We do not quite know what happened to II, but it is implied his legion didn't even managed to pass the pre-alpha stage due to contaminated material. And considering the Grabiya method could fix a whole legion when they had their primarch, like how Fulgrim saved the IIIth, either II has never been found or didn't even survive the abduction.
As for 11, I suspect Rangdan brainvores managed to corrupt him.
It is implied the Emperor had to take something out of the Noctus Labryinth to help the DA and the SW win Rangdan.
It is also implied the Emperor personally saved Alpharius from xeno-taint, which happened after the Rangdan Xenocides, perhaps using the lessons learned there.
>>
File: AdMech work ethic.png (58KB, 1094x287px) Image search: [Google]
AdMech work ethic.png
58KB, 1094x287px
>>52637195
>I just thought it was a very Magos turn of phrase.
More like a Magos turn on phrase ;^)
>>
>>52636941
it's strong, but not overwhelmingly so
just remember before you buy it that legion lists can't take it as a LoW so you would need another knight for a questoris allied detachment
>>
>>52636481
Tank hunter vets with combi meltas and suspensor web missile launchers. Even with armored ceramite that's a lot of strength 9 shots. Seems to work well enough for me for deleting one.
>>
>>52637338
Machine killers I mean
>>
File: smug dynat for ants.jpg (3KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
smug dynat for ants.jpg
3KB, 100x100px
>>52637353
Why not both?
>>
>>52635942
>implying PotL wasn't a thing before, when even basic marines cost FW money

At least with BaC/BoP you can easily have tons of dudes. Both of my legions have 2 blobs and then some.
>>
>>52636561
>Mere puny Warlords
>Not PSI-lords
Censured for lack of zeal :^)
>>52637408
>Tank Hunter Machine Killers with +1 to Explodes
Now that's a gud plan
>>
File: this nigga here.gif (1MB, 480x192px) Image search: [Google]
this nigga here.gif
1MB, 480x192px
>>52637428
I literally said BaC wasn't the sole reason for PotL armies. Thus, it was a thing before, since the actual PotL RoW has been around.
>>
>>52637408
>taking special characters in a "your dudes" game
spotted the waacfag cuck
>>
>>52637408
Yeah, and give the vets banestrike to supplement the loss of ap2 on sixes because you went with machine killers instead of marksmen... nasty combo that's great against marines and vehicles.
>>
>>52635979
>play SW
>have two phobos LRs in a squadron
>put primus medicae, Russ and his doggos in one
>put 5 terminators in the other
>drive to the enemy
>disembark everyone
>join Russ and medicae with the terminators
>charge

>>52636049
12 like in 5e and make Prometheus (which already is featuring in the books) an option with a 14-16 model capacity. Give give it the Proteus augury web upgrade that drops the capacity to 10.
>>
>>52637489
You don't need to take him to get mutable tactics to get tank hunters.
>>
File: Alpha Homers.png (2MB, 1196x896px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha Homers.png
2MB, 1196x896px
>>52637489
>Thinking that's actually Dynat
You know those are code names, right? Dynat isn't even a fucking real name. It's all battle-memes.
FACT: The AL characters are the only ones that are actually YOUR dudes, as opposed to the other legions' pre-set characters who are also disguised ALs
>>
>>52637463
No, you just attributed it to be "the greatest". Which sort of implies it wasn't that big of a problem before.
>>
>>52637531
Srry, it was a mistake writing it like that, like "one of the" greatest, as in there being other factors.
How should it be written?
>>
>>52637489
Maybe my dude like to cosplay Dynat when he isn't being Alpharius. Ever think of that?
>>
File: 705px-Knight_Castigator.jpg (46KB, 705x599px) Image search: [Google]
705px-Knight_Castigator.jpg
46KB, 705x599px
>>52637314
True. I know my Archmagos prefers biological war machines, the degenerate, but still, sexy sexy black hole cannon.
I'm actually torn between the Acheron, Castigator and Atropos, assuming you can pose the Choomsword in a way that doesn't make it look like that FW one that's hilariously sad and grumpy looking.

Giant black hole cannon and lightsaber, massive esoteric flamethrower and upgraded chainsaw sword, or horrendously overpowered heavy bolter and a sword that does firey death better than the Emperor's? I do know that I really want a Knight armed with a giant Irrad Engine, but that would probably manifest as the Malcador Infernus chem-gun in profile, plus the usual Heavy Stubber and a melee weapon.

Maybe I should find some way to make a massive RadCannon and model an Acheron with it?
>>
>>52637517
>implying it's possible to have true your dudes with only 2 million super humans to go at
Militia and Cults are the only true way to go.
>>
I like how people think tattoed ALs wearing ornate armour isn't how the AL would behave.
It is EXACTLY how they would behave, so your mental image of the AL warlord is one with a set of defining features.
So the enemy will be on the look for that kind of guy, forgetting those tatoos aren't even real, and the designated Alpharius is in fact dressed as a random marine wearing the enemy's own colours

>>52637578
That implies you can't make friends in cities with less than 2 million people in them.
Oh, wait...
I'm sorry, anon. I'm sure you'll find some soon enough :^)
>>
File: AdmechCTF.jpg (10KB, 210x239px) Image search: [Google]
AdmechCTF.jpg
10KB, 210x239px
>>52637578
I agree in principle, but I ask you to pic related.

With a whole galaxy of Forge Worlds, we probably have more Knights and Titans than Terra has marines, even before the HH. We certainly have more Myrmidons by probably a power of ten. Marines go home, you're less well armed and armoured than our shiphands.
>>
File: Untitled.png (89KB, 593x484px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
89KB, 593x484px
Speaking of alpha legion, part of the reason they're so versatile rules-wise is making them like that allowed Bligh to playtest lots of different tactics and approaches to the game.
>this account is a lie

Speaking of alpha legion, part of the reason Bligh plays them is because their versatility rules-wise allowed him to playtest lots of different tactics and approaches to the game.
>this account is a lie
>>
>>52637564
You said "one of the greatest" and I think that's a reasonable statement. Dunno what the other anon is complaining about.

Of course, even without BaC you'd see a lot of PotL armies because it's both strong and less expensive than most builds. But the BaC contents are perfect for it.
>>
File: Knight Acheron.png (479KB, 277x1176px) Image search: [Google]
Knight Acheron.png
479KB, 277x1176px
>>52637577
Holy fuck, that Knight is depressed
Well, I like the Acheron, which is the River of Hell, and that the suit's main purpose isn't conquest, but annihilation.
>Biological degenerate sexy black hole canon
Swatingman.gif
2B.png
>>
>>52637333
>legion lists can't take it as a LoW
Yes they can. Jesus. It's a choice in a Questoris Knight list, so it's eligible for War Machine Detachment.

If you want to make the argument that they can't because it isn't explicitly stated in the unit entry, then NONE of the knights can be taken in a Legion list.
>>
>>52637712
>Holy fuck, that Knight is depressed

>I wonder if Atrapos is doing anything fun.
>I wish I was back on the Forge World.
>Only 90% of my ammo is left, might as well not even try.
>My sword hurts.
>>
anyone got a torrent for inferno?
>>
>>52637817
Nobody say anything.
>>
File: SmugFace.gif (2MB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
SmugFace.gif
2MB, 245x250px
>>52637817
>>
File: 1391113910944.jpg (592KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1391113910944.jpg
592KB, 900x675px
>>52637817
>>
>>52637653

I'm sure a certain Necron has some frozen AL remembrancers in his closet who he'll unleash at the right time just to watch the entire AL fall apart from the revelations of the one true account about AL.
>>
>>52637512

>pay for two LRs just to drop a Russbomb

This plan is so silly. So why does it sound like it'll work?
>>
>>52637712
Yeah, that's lore enough for my Archmagos' Reductor 2IC to pop a robo-boner. Really do like horrific poison weaponry, even if it shoots me in the foot since my friend does too and plays Death Guard. Any of the Cerastus variants would be cool as shit, honestly. Can we steal the Malcador Infernus? I kind of want to take that, the Acheron fluffed for Irrad flamer, poison round Vorax and my IrradCarid filled with Irradons against his Mortarion Tac Blob DG list and just see if he can out-endure the Reductor.
>>
>>52637990
Well, I got two LRs (1 for praetor and his posse and 1 for Deathsworn), and I ain't gonna buy a big hunk-o-resin just for one dude and his doggos. I'll make due with what I got.

I know it's 450pts. stock, but it does have 8 HP vs. 5 on the Spartan. Of course there's a risk one gets fucked, but on the other hand even then half of your dudes can make it to the enemy.
>>
>>52636100
Why can Land Raiders just be 12. That would solve everything...
>>
>>52638235

Because not all Land Raiders were created equal.
>>
>>52636146
> Ordo Reductor Mechanium
> runs multiple vulturax
That moment when you realize that you are, in fact, That Guy.
>>
>>52638245
>>52638235
All Land Raiders are equal.
Some are more equal than others.
Also FW want to sell Spartans.
>>
Are there any images of Xana Skitarii or other infantry?
>>
>>52636653
If they don't go over board with DA and BA I will be pissed.
BA and non Ravenwing DA deserve some fucking love.
Space Yiffs shouldn't always, in every system, be the snowflakes.
>>
>>52638259
We're all That Guy here. Some not by preference, but there's only so far Thallax and Phosphex will get me against triple Levi + Spartan IH. I like the more chill games against DGbro and WEbro much more, but they've both got travelling jobs so game time is rare. There I'm on Basilisks only, and Fast Attack becomes the Vorax Slot.

>>52638313

I haven't found any, although I am painting up a kill team of Malinax Skitarii to hang out with my Knight. None in bk 6, IIRC.
>>
File: Thanatar Calix full res.png (1MB, 936x940px) Image search: [Google]
Thanatar Calix full res.png
1MB, 936x940px
>>52638313
Aren't these guys that?
>>52638368
>Malinax Skitarii
Are you the guy painting the Skitarii Detective squad?
>>
>>52638292
The thing is, the Spartan is still perfect for the 10 termie plus Primarch fuck you squad. It's not like allowing a 5 termie squad an Independent Character will make people stop buying Spartans.
>>
>>52638466
Well, they're going to be magnetized and used in my Shadow War campaigns too, but no, not an explicit detective look. What're they?
>>
File: Peltast detective squad.png (2MB, 1460x719px) Image search: [Google]
Peltast detective squad.png
2MB, 1460x719px
>>52638524
The previous pic is a Malinax army, which is oathbound to Xana.
This ones are the Skitarii detectives I was talking about.
>>
>>52638476
No, but it would give people who want to field 10 dudes + IC or 5 terminators + IC something other than a Spartan and 6.5-14 empty seats.
>>
FW can't write rules to save their fucking lives!
So fed up with this shit...
WTF does the pic related mean? Strictly RAW it means i can potentially win first turn or seize. But what about the reserve rolls? It means i can make them worse by +1, right?
>>
>>52638551
Ah, I see. I dig the look, though.Maybe I'll do something similar on my Alpha, he has a dramatic pointing arm.
>>
>>52634192
>overpriced, outdated rules
>re-released in resin
What the fuck were they even thinking? Plastic would have printed money.
>>
>>52638336
If you're looking for force org modifications, special units worth taking, and not being undercosted/overpowered, I agree.

SW were always going to be organized pretty differently; being snowflakes is their thing in both settings. Their special weapons are made from snowflakes. At least they aren't particularly overpowered (aside from Russ). Varagyr Termies and Deathsworn aren't that great. Gray Slayers are, but there are so many ways for other legions to avoid taking regular troops choices that it's not a huge difference.

It bothers me that so many legions' special Terminators are difficult to justify compared to regular ones.
>>
>>52638686
>But what about the reserve rolls? It means i can make them worse by +1, right?
What? Reserves come on a 3+, don't they? Suppose you roll a 2 for your first reserve roll on a given turn. Add +1 to it and you get a 3, which means that unit arrives.
>>
>>52636941
>website describes as "frankly irresponsible" to Not even

Its quality and if you run it as a Seneschal warn your opponents, but if you just take it as a war machine detachment(yes you can because explicit permission overrides dis allowance via omission) its just good.
>>
>>52637577
The Acheron seems the best for doing cool poses, and it's also the most useful in actual 30k games for doing what you usually want knights to do - vaporize a bunch of dudes and be a big stompy killer in melee that eventually explodes on the other side of the board and kills even more stuff going down.

The Castigator was cool when it was new, but after GW did Knight-Crusaders that took the cool factor down a bit. Now that Renegades get double gatlings (and, who knows, DoW3 might hint that loyalists will get them in 8th) it drives the point home even more. TL is great and all, but a crapload of shots is more fun.
>>
File: WP_20170410_16_36_45_Pro.jpg (1MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170410_16_36_45_Pro.jpg
1MB, 3072x1728px
Starting my first 30k army
>>
>>52638768

Fair enough, and it does look sweet too. I'm probably going to pick up one Cerastus at some point, they look sweet and MI recasts make them about the cost of a normal Knight.

>>52638824

I was thinking that the Castigator might be cool for smashing the hell out of stuff with a Volkite Sword in melee, but I see your point, and stuff that both warrants S10 AP2 wielded by a Knight to take down and comes in numbers high enough that regular D punches won't deal with AND that won't trash the Knight regardless are few and far between. Giant Hflamer/Chainfist termie it is, since War Crimes all day erry day. Maybe I'll get both that and the Atrapos someday for those massive Apoc battles. Would need to find a bigger LGS at the moment, since my local GW doesn't even have bigger than 4x4.
>>
>>52638854
Ryzan Marines? Who are they, and why are they orange? They look good, though. Would irradiate/10.
>>
>>52638921
One thing I've always wanted to do but probably never will get around to doing is to get one of each of three original Cerastus knights - Lancer, Acheron and Castigator - and running them as an allied Questoris detachment. Lancer as boss for that sweet sweet invuln buff, Acheron as troop because he's a good all-rounder, and Castigator Arbalestor for shooty and AA support.

Questoris is kind of obnoxious in general so that's part of why I'll probably never get around to it, but it feels like it would be fun to build and fluff as a band of three courageous knight dudes that offer aid where they're needed.
>>
>>52638715
>Deathsworn aren't that great

What's wrong with them? Power axe dudes with 2+ armour, stasis grenades, access to rad grenades, an assault transport, and who get to make their attacks even if they die that turn. I mean, sure, you can have 20 power axe dudes as Troops, but I don't think they're Wolf Guard bad.
>>
>>52638686
Operator error m8, operator error
>>
File: A Raging Inferno.png (3KB, 447x106px) Image search: [Google]
A Raging Inferno.png
3KB, 447x106px
>>52637817
Here you go, anon, as a pic because 4chan thinks it's spam.
>>
>>52638944
No they are imperial fists the lighting is just making them very orange the tac marine is a early crusade scheme the termie is templar
>>
File: Kor_Phaeron_sketch.jpg (395KB, 892x868px) Image search: [Google]
Kor_Phaeron_sketch.jpg
395KB, 892x868px
ALERTA ALERTA

ANTI-IMPERIALISTA

BOMBER KOR PHAERON DO IT AGAIN

"The Ultramarines entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb Word Bearer cities, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Monarchia, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
>>
>>52639228
>They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
Wat. I thought this guy was meant to be a master orator or something.
>>
>>52639269
it's a bible passage dumbass
>>
>>52639269
>>52639228
Well, he is part of the Worst Bearers so.
>>
File: 20170410_183145.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170410_183145.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Ok guys, how badly have I fucked up this jetbike?
>>
>>52639318
Front is too flat, needs more of a beak.

Also it doesn't look like a giant dick so 2/10 would not Ravenwing Protocol alongside.
>>
File: 20170410_184249.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
20170410_184249.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
>>52639355
Here's one I haven't put the frontplate on yet. Is it better off? Also, I am not very good with plasticard.
>>
>>52633826
>no rogal dorn figure
fucking why?
>>
>>52639298
Forgive me for not having memorised your magic book.
>>
>>52639223
Steel yourself. We once had a guy do a full army in "early crusade" IF colors but he used bronze over silver instead of yellow over gray, and the mocking was interminable. On the other hand, everyone likes Templar Brethren.

>>52639080
They're not bad, just seem really expensive. They're cool so hopefully SW players get them to work.
>>
>>52639491
Because Dorn spent the entire Heresy building pillow forts with his dad. When the books reach Terra you'll get your model.
>>
>>52639536
>When the books reach Terra you'll get your model.
yay : )
>>
>>52639459
Honestly it just needs a trapezoid on the front to make it look a touch less like a flying brick.
>>
>>52639491
I suscribe to the theory that FW doesn't release primarch models until they're personally involved in a fight covered in a FW book. Dorn and Alpharius haven't yet.
>>
>>52639632
So where's Magnus?
>>
>>52639498
*tips fedora*
>>
>>52639716
The model clearly exists already.
>>
File: 1488573922335.jpg (27KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1488573922335.jpg
27KB, 321x322px
>>52636558
So this is the result if a Space Wolf and a Salamander mix geneseed.
>>
>>52636661
Tanks multiwound models, what the fuck!?
>>
>>52639228
>>52639269
>>52639298
>>52639304
>>52639498
>>52639720

If I remember correctly, that in full is an Arthur "Bomber" Harris quote, he was a WW2 British air marshal who really liked his strategic bombing, and nearly stopped that Bouncing Bomb raid as a waste of resources. Spent a lot of his time saying that Britain shouldn't do anything but bomb the Nazis to bits indiscriminately and then walk in over the ashes. Perturabo would be both proud and infuriated at the waste, and the Reductor would like a word about giving them the chance to test their new nuclear bomb toy.
>>
Anyone have any idea where I can find the assembly instructions for a knight porphyrion? Google ain't doing the job, surprisingly enough
>>
>>52638313
iirc in 30k skitarii were all under the command of mars, individual forge worlds wouldn't have any.

Secutarii for their titans though, those they prob would have.
>>
>>52636169

I feel like I would lose friends
>>
>>52640165

Also on a directly related note, Z's porphyrions seem pretty damn high quality, even the fine details are quite clear with no warping.
>>
>>52634908

Mixed geneseeds. Canon is pretty set between FW and the McNiven novels now.
>>
>>52639223
>early crusade imperial fists

STOP
T
O
P
>>
File: pepe.jpg (55KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
55KB, 785x757px
>playing traitor emperor's children without converting them en masse for slaaneshi perversion
>>
>>52641019
you autists get so triggered
>>
>>52640024
It's not thaaaaaaaaat crazy. Basically they'd become like wraithlords, or automata. It's controversial, but every vehicle damage system is. The fact that it's changed so much over the editions suggests that no one's ever been happy with them. Just a rumor, though.

>>52640190
But in 30k, a lot of forge worlds were cut off for a long time and just recently reconnected to Mars. Surely they would've had Skitarii dating back to the forge world's original settlement by Mars, and they may have changed before reconnection.
>>
>>52641101
>Surely they would've had Skitarii dating back to the forge world's original settlement by Mars, and they may have changed before reconnection.
Not according to the lore we have. During the crusade and heresy only Mars has Skitarii, full stop. Forge Worlds have their Taghmata system and that associated web of fealty, but they don't have a formal Skitarii military presence. They're going to cover the Martian civil war eventually, and when they do we'll get 30k rules for Skitarii.
>>
>>52641062
My EC are super-perfectionists and take pride in looking even more identical than the Alpha Legion.

Plastic surgery is required. So is alteration of the vocal cords. We are a single elite unit, the ultimate perfection of unity.
>>
File: deuuuuugh.jpg (12KB, 480x280px) Image search: [Google]
deuuuuugh.jpg
12KB, 480x280px
>>52641062
>playing traitor emperor's children
>>
>>52641062
>playing traitor emperor's children
Why when you can be glorious loyalists
>>
Why hasn't FW made a terran veteran conversion kit yet?
>>
>>52641425
Two of the torsos in the imperial fists upgrade set make for good Terran veterans. They're free of legion specific insignia and only have the imperial raptor head and lightning bolts.
>>
Given the choice, would you guys go with Javelin or regular Speeder? They need to survive at least 1 enemy turn.
>>
>>52641732
I've had good luck with my javelins. They can't be boltered to death (unless they're vets with machine killer) and the opponents I've played have largely ignored them until they've done their business. After that they usually go down the next turn, but the damage was already done and I don't really care anymore.
>>
>>52641977
Meant for your >>52641732
>>
>>52641991
Ugh. Phone posting. Meant for >>52641873
>>
File: IMG_2411.jpg (155KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2411.jpg
155KB, 1024x768px
Okay lads, how might I go about making some of these fine fellas?

I'm thinking get the MkVI squad (obviously), then Umbra Pattern Boltguns, maybe some MkII arms for poses, and bashing some GK storm bolter arms with volkite chargers/serpentas fitted on.

Any ideas? It's IH, I'm thinking of making them a cool veteran squad incorporating field police designs.
>>
>>52639525

>We once had a guy do a full army in "early crusade" IF colors but he used bronze over silver instead of yellow over gray

Whats wrong with this? I plan to do Skullcrusher Brass over a Liberator Gold basecoat with black.
>>
How do you store your minis so they don't break/get too dusty etc?

And how do you transport them?
>>
>>52642569

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Citadel-Crusade-Figure-Case?_requestid=11245980
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>52638551
lmao those are mine, I'm glad someone actually like them.

How'd think the cloaks are lookin? My concern is always that they look flat compared to the rest of the model. Sorry for shit picture
>>
File: 6468676854131.jpg (68KB, 392x424px) Image search: [Google]
6468676854131.jpg
68KB, 392x424px
>>52641101
>Surely they would've had Skitarii dating back to the forge world's original settlement by Mars

Nope, the Skitarii are strictly a Martian entity and answer to the Lords of Mars and no one else.
>>
>>52642724

>principally loyal to the Fabricator General

Is the implication that the Skitarii were mostly traitor-aligned?
>>
>>52642764
It would explain how they went from one big monolithic entity to a smaller force split up between the Forgeworlds.
>>
All this talk of Thunderhawks has got me wondering. Why on earth would anybody ever buy or field a Thunderhawk Transporter?
>>
Starting Death Guard, wondering if Calas Typhon is any good and if so, what kind of squad does he work well with?
>>
>>52642586

Thanks, just trying to figure out an efficient way to store stuff simply.
>>
>>52642991
>buy

As a centerpiece. I'd consider it or a Stormbird or a Mastodon.
>>
File: kael_t_by_typhion-d86cohr.jpg (154KB, 837x954px) Image search: [Google]
kael_t_by_typhion-d86cohr.jpg
154KB, 837x954px
>>52643136
aside from getting rad grenades, he's incredibly mediocre and not worth using if you are using The Reaping. If you like his model, just buy him and use him as a praetor. Otherwise Grave Wardens and Death Shroud work ok with him. Still a Praetor would be better
>>
>>52642991

Thunderhawks were as plentiful as drop pods at the height of Astartes power. Every serious Astartes HH army should have one as a centerpiece. The real issue is theres no real perk or incentive to field one unless you're fielding Dorn and spamming LoWs.
>>
>>52643443
I'm considering taking a Siege Breaker as well, would Durak Rask instead of Typhon and a centurion make more sense by consolidating the abilities of a Siege Breaker with the rule Master of the Legion into a single unit?
>>
>>52643443

I just can't stand unhelmeted marines. Kudos to the people who can paint heads well, but still, helms or nothing for me.
>>
2 Leviathans w/ Melta for Orbital Assault list. Too much points sink?
>>
Why the fuck did GW change the size of bases for marines? All I have are the old bases.
>>
>>52643787
To troll people.

They do look better, though, and they won't matter once 8th rolls around.
>>
>>52643787
Because they look better, 25mm looked like ass and half of your marines had their feet going over the edge of the base.
>>
>>52643817
>They do look better, though, and they won't matter once 8th rolls around.
What did you mean by this.
>>
>>52634014
Why the fuck would anyone send murderers and rapists away to be turned into superhuman killers with nigh-infinite authority and a murderous grudge in the first place? Why not just execute them?
>>
>>52644176

Because Kurze's idea of a good knight of justice is himself. So he ended up rounding up a gang of merciless thugs and rapists and whoever survived implantation gets to party on Kurze's bangbus.
>>
>>52644116
Model 2 Model measuring.
>>
File: IMG_0395.jpg (1MB, 2941x1804px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0395.jpg
1MB, 2941x1804px
Built the first five Sagittarum. Gotta clean them up but they're surprisingly easy and fun to build.
>>
File: IMG_0396.jpg (1MB, 2902x2157px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0396.jpg
1MB, 2902x2157px
Also Sagittarum tower over SoS.
>>
>>52634846
Hmmmmm this tells me the above gif makes a baby thunderhawk.
>>
>>52640213
Its okay bro I play Tau
>>
>>52633883
Does anyone have a site for this gif.
>>
File: ayyy.jpg (1MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.jpg
1MB, 4032x2268px
>>52645153
>>52645170

I absolutely adore Sagittarum. Shame they're so outclassed by virtually every other HS choice out there.
>>
Favorite unit and why?
Terminators, I just love heavy infantry
>>
File: IMG_0398.jpg (1MB, 3328x2155px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0398.jpg
1MB, 3328x2155px
Built my Pallas Grav-Attacks too. These things are 10 pieces each, including the base and peg. Super simple and I'll be cleaning them soon.

>>52645552
Yeah I love them enough to have 10.
>>
>>52645633
Can Sagittarum take a Vexila?

Damn those Pallas look nice. Smooth, clean casts. I take it building them was simple enough?
>>
>>52645610
I think I like power armoured units most. That and elite, heavy infantry. I love the almost intimidating effect they can have on opponents.
>>
>>52645715
They can! One can replace his Caliver for an Adrathic Destructor and a Vexilla.

And yeah! Took less than half an hour for all four. Just an hour or so of cleaning is needed.
>>
>>52645540
I made it for this one.
>>
>>52640164

>The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places, they put that rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind.

At last, someone with a little knowledge. Honestly, people, this is basic stuff.
>>
>>52645861
A gif is a pain in the ass though.
>>
>>52645153
My godI thought the helmets were still a bit pointy, but the top is flat as fuck. I really dislike it now. Shame.
>>
>>52645610
Generally a fan of all the rhino-chassis tanks, but have a huge soft spot for the laser vindicator. When I was undecided and toying with lists for various legions, basically every list I wrote ended up with a pair of laser vindicators.
>>
Are WE overpowered ?

A friend in my group play them and stomp us in every single game... He plays a lots of jump intantery with apothecaries, some inductii and two squads of red butchers in kharybdis.
I know it's kind of easy to counter his list with a lot of firepower but now it became impossible to play a melee list against him it's really frustating.
>>
>>52637428
What is PotL
>>
>>52646206
Pretending to win against the world eaters in melee is pretty dumb anon
>>
>>52646206
>Trying to beat the WE in melee
It's like trying to beat Magnus at witchery or the DG at poison huffing.
Only the EC or the BA may beat them, and only if they reliably get the charge, since that denies Rage.
Maybe SW too with their 5pts power weapons as well.
>>
>>52646206
Have you tried scattering centurions with boarding shields around your list? Just to try to blunt their charges a bit.
>>
File: Thunderhawk1.png (433KB, 639x528px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk1.png
433KB, 639x528px
>>52646107
I could post it image by image.
>>
File: Thunderhawk2.png (438KB, 492x700px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk2.png
438KB, 492x700px
>>52646499
>>
File: Thunderhawk3.png (554KB, 640x509px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk3.png
554KB, 640x509px
>>52646506
>>
File: Thunderhawk4.png (367KB, 644x512px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk4.png
367KB, 644x512px
>>52646507
>>
File: Thunderhawk5.png (421KB, 639x535px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk5.png
421KB, 639x535px
>>52646519
I don't think it's big enough to be a real thunderhawk.
>>
File: Thunderhawk6.png (371KB, 640x547px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk6.png
371KB, 640x547px
>>52646524
>>
File: Thunderhawk7.png (539KB, 643x544px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk7.png
539KB, 643x544px
>>52646537
>>
File: Thunderhawk8.png (419KB, 640x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk8.png
419KB, 640x523px
>>52646544
>>
File: Thunderhawk9.png (370KB, 623x533px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk9.png
370KB, 623x533px
>>52646550
>>
File: Thunderhawk10.png (451KB, 640x507px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk10.png
451KB, 640x507px
>>52646561
>>
File: Thunderhawk11.png (544KB, 643x503px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk11.png
544KB, 643x503px
>>52646570
>>
File: Thunderhawk12.png (625KB, 641x552px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk12.png
625KB, 641x552px
>>52646577
>>
File: Thunderhawk13.png (590KB, 722x539px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk13.png
590KB, 722x539px
>>52646582
>>
File: Thunderhawk14.png (584KB, 722x581px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk14.png
584KB, 722x581px
>>52646605
>>
>>52646524
Yah maybe but that might be nice too seeing as how awkward a thunderhawk. Thanks for posting this though.
>>
File: Thunderhawk15.png (452KB, 728x581px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk15.png
452KB, 728x581px
>>52646610
>>
File: Thunderhawk16.png (380KB, 485x390px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk16.png
380KB, 485x390px
>>52646615
>>
File: Thunderhawk17.png (836KB, 723x605px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk17.png
836KB, 723x605px
>>52646620
>>
File: Thunderhawk18.png (504KB, 720x570px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhawk18.png
504KB, 720x570px
>>52646623
>>
19+3d3 (1 time) barrage Ironfire list. How to beat it? Not sure its exact composition, but pretty sure it involves Pert, 2 MoS, phospex Rapiers and shits.
>>
>>52646640
3 Psi-Warlords.
>>
File: 1491335711246.jpg (145KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491335711246.jpg
145KB, 720x960px
>>52646633
Not bad.
>>
File: IMG_6651.jpg (2MB, 3916x2823px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6651.jpg
2MB, 3916x2823px
I think I made something half decent from the plastic Contemptor.
>>
>>52646650
Um, within 2500pts please.
>>
>>52646640
Custodes. Spread out and enjoy not having multiple units hit by a blast.
>>
>>52646640
Fliers. Run Angel's Wrath, have everything transported in storm eagles and never, ever land if you can help it. I mean, the ironfire dude doesn't care about their opponent's fun so why should you? Everyone into the crab bucket! Just proxy plastic cups on flight stands if you don't have enough flier models.
>>
>>52646640
Maru skara, orbital assault, drop assault vanguard or deep strike a ton of dreadnoughts.
>>
Ok, said Pert w/ bodyguards (Iron Circle I think, can be Termies for deep strike though.) vs. other barrages. If I run Orbital Strike, which target should I alpha-strike first?
>>
>>52646778

Pretty much this. Anyone who plays such a list deserves to get something tailored to hell and back shoved in their face.
>>
>>52646245
Pride of the Legion Rite of War.
>>
>>52646701
I'd use the SW dread axe hand to hold a big khopesh. The underarm design looks silly.
>>
File: IMG_6652.jpg (548KB, 1622x2034px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6652.jpg
548KB, 1622x2034px
>>52646944
Does this heavy flamer also look silly?
>>
>>52647008
it looks very obviously like half a boltgun
>>
>>52647008
>also

Underarm mounted weapons IN GENERAL are not stupid. Having a big claw with a massive blade taped to the underside of it is (and yes, I know FW does the same thing, I'm talking about the entire concept as a whole). You're not going to use that fist very effectively for anything, so why not just replace the entire fist with the blade or have the hand hold the blade?

But hey, if you're happy with it and it's the FW design, I guess it's just me. I just don't want to excuse FW anymore than I'd excuse GW.
>>
>>52647008
you need to remove the front iron sight of the bolter. apart from that it's good.
>>
>>52642470
They were badly painted and bronze does not look like yellow. You're an idiot for thinking otherwise.
>>
>>52647052
>>52647099
You do realize that's just the grips of a legion heavy bolter on a tartaros heavy flamer, right?
>>
>>52646720
3 Warhounds.
>>
File: 1.jpg (131KB, 1296x728px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
131KB, 1296x728px
Time to do some bases. What are you working on today /hhg/?
>>
File: IMG_6653.jpg (489KB, 2043x1250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6653.jpg
489KB, 2043x1250px
>>52647068
I thought of doing this before I saw the FW one so I was always on board. I considered a hand held weapon but I did not like how it was going.

>>52647052
>>52647099
Yer both wrong it's the top of a heavy bolter. That said I guess the sight should come off.
>>
>>52647207
Bam! So right! Sadly I have nothing to reward you with.
>>
How much advantage does going first have? It feels like pretty big to me.
>>
>>52647335
The larger the amount of points played the bigger the advantage going first is. Specially apocalypse size games often feel like they're decided on the who goes first roll.
If you're a assault army you should have made your army in such a way that you're basically inside the opponent's deployement zone in a turn, and able to charge the next.
If you have a gunline army you can just blast away anything that is a threat.
>>
Ok so this may seem insane, but I have an 11k match two weeks from now. I have to build the Reaver Titan and Jetbikes before then when they arrive.

Any thoughts on thinbgs I should take or change? This is my entire 30k collection being used against Orks.

Part 1:

Legio Custodes Army List
HQ: Constantin Valdor (All Custode models have Teleportation Transponders) 275pt

HQ: Legio Custodes Tribune w/ Praesidium Shield, Cyber-Familiar, Digital Lasers, and Paragon Spear 270pt

HQ: Legio Custodes Shield Captain w/ 2 Solerite Power Talons, Cyber Familiar, Digital Lasers, and Melta Bombs 235pt

HQ: Sisters of Silence Oblivion Knight-Centura w/ MC Paragon Blade and Plasma Pistol 120pt

Elites: Legio Custodes Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought w/ Dreadspear 240pt

Elites: Legio Custodes Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought w/ 2 TL-Adrathic Destructors 230pt

Elites: Legio Custodes Hetaeron Squad of 5 w/ 5 Praesidium Shields, 2 Solerite Gauntlets, and 3 Paragon Blades 475pt

Elites: Legio Custodes Hetaeron Squad of 5 w/ 5 Praesidium Shields, 2 Solerite Gauntlets, and 3 Paragon Blades 475pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ a Magisterium Vexilla/Sentinel WarBlade and Melta Bombs 310pt

Transport: Legio Custodes Coronus Grav Carrier w/ Extra Armor 140pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 10 550pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ a Magisterium Vexilla/Sentinel WarBlade and Melta Bombs 310pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Sentinel Guard Squad of 5 w/ a Magisterium Vexilla and Solerite Power Gauntlet 325pt

Transport: Legio Custodes Coronus Grav Carrier w/ Extra Armor 140pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Sentinel Guard Squad of 10 w/ 2 Solerite Power Gauntlets 665pt

Troops: Sisters of Silence Prosecutor Cadre of 10 w/ a Power Sword and Breaching Charge 135pt

Troops: Sisters of Silence Vigilator Cadre of 10 w/ a Breaching Charge 155pt
>>
>>52647510
Part 2

Fast Attack: Legio Custodes Pallas Grav Attack Squad of 2 w/ Extra Armor 180pt

Fast Attack: Legio Custodes Pallas Grav Attack Squad of 2 w/ Extra Armor 180pt

Fast Attack: Legio Custodes Agamatus Jetbike Squad of 6 w/ 2 Corvae Las-Pulsars 500pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Caladius Grav Tank w/ Extra Armor 200pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Caladius Grav Tank w/ TL-Arachnus Blaze Cannon and Extra Armor 215pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Caladius Grav Tank w/ TL-Arachnus Blaze Cannon and Extra Armor 215pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Sagittarum Squad of 10 640pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Contemptor-Galatus Dreadnought 250pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Contemptor-Galatus Dreadnought 250pt

Questoris Knights

Seneschal: Knight Warden w/ Avenger Gatling, Thunderstrike Gauntlet, Ironstorm Missile Pod, and Meltagun 470pt

Scion Martial: Knight Paladin w/ Rapid Fire Battle Cannon, Reaper Chainsword, Twin Icarus Autocannon, Occular Augmentics, and BioCorrosive Rounds 425pt

Scion Arbalester: Knight Crusader w/ Thermal Cannon, Avenger Gatling, Stormspear Rocketpod, and Meltagun 505pt

Scion Dolorous: Knight Atrapos w/ Graviton Singularity Cannon, Atrapos Lascutter, and Occular Augmentics 460pt

Lord of War: Legio Titanicus w/ 2 Laser Blasters and an Apocalypse Missile Launcher 1475pt

Total comes out to exactly 11k in points.
>>
>>52647510
>being used against Orks.
That seems likely to unfair.
At at equal points levels you're putting knights and custodes against one of the worst armies in the game.

I mean, I assume they have a couple of stompas with that retarded gattling cannon, but even with a few (and there's old Apocalypse custom-build rules iirc for shit like belly guns) it still seems likely to be rape.

Is there anything to suggest the entire game won't be you just erasing swathes of orks for a few hours?
>>
>>52647570
He's got a few flyers and literally over 700 Ork Boyz. Two to four Stompas too.
>>
>>52647615
Ork fliers are literally paper planes though. Even spearstodes can shoot them down. And ork fliers have negative anti-armour weapons.
>>
>>52647615
Ork boys who can do exactly what to the shiny boys?

Your armour is amazing, and you have a titan for backup - he'll need a lot of heavy shit
>>
>>52647843
Yeah maybe the orks can do something if all stompas are crammed full with enough meks to go from 1 hullpoint remaining back to full, but otherwise it's gonna be a slaughter.
>>
>>52646206
>playing melee
>against world eaters
You are doing it wrong. Just pick a different mutable tactic :^)
>>
>>52647843
Just out of interest:
>need to inflict 2 unsaved wounds per custodes
>so 12 saving throws (2+ save)
>so 36 hits on the charge (S4 vs T5) or 72 otherwise (S3)
>so 72 attacks on the charge, 144 otherwise (both 4+ to hit)
So, you need 18 slugga boyz on the charge, and 48 slugga boyz otherwise, in order to kill one custodes. Is it even possible to get 48 models in range to attack in close combat?
>>
>>52646206
Sendd in a contemptor and watch them die or do nothing for the rest of the game.
>>
>>52642991

There's absolutely nothing in the thunderhawk transporter rules that says you can only pick up friendly vehicles.
>>
>>52647527

Make the atrapos the seneschal and make the crusader something that's not a dolorous
>>
File: IMG_2191.png (1MB, 1033x726px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2191.png
1MB, 1033x726px
>>52648148
>okay, I pick up your typhon.
>w-what?
>I. Pick. Up. Your. Typhon.
>But that has my Primarch, Medicae, and Terminators!
>Well you may wanna find a way to get them back, cause as is they're headed for orbit.

Fuuuuuck that sounds like fun. Effectively removing Spartan Assault Tanks and superheavies with 0 problem, and taking the goodies with it
>>
>>52648148
But the vehicle it is trying to pick up has to stay still under it for the whole enemy turn. I somehow doubt it wouldn't just drive away.
>>
>>52648323
No, it says THIS turn. And according to main rule book, unless otherwise specified, 'turn' refers to player turn.

So really any enemy vehicle is game
>>
>>52648323
>>52648359
Wait I phrased that poorly.

I meant to say it 'picks it up' this turn, so it's already stuck

It's just a matter of not getting shot to death.
>>
Lol, yeah, exactly ... picking up enemy vehicles.
For sure.
>>
>>52643513
Durak Rask is an almost siege breaker - not RAW, but by gentleman's agreement he should count, given literally everything you know about him

Typhon's main draw is that he brings preator stats, psyker powers and a bombardment all in one package - he's a jack of all trades, master of none deal really
>>
>>52648359
>>52648375

Is this now going to be the new meta?
>>
File: Exodus.jpg (653KB, 1952x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Exodus.jpg
653KB, 1952x2000px
How viable would it be to use Exodus as a rapier killer ?

On a 4+ to hit you can allocate the shot to one rapier which can't LO,S , it ignores cover, has AP 3, and does 2 wounds which instantly kills the rapier. Only downside is probably that it only has Str 6 so would need a 5+ to wound. Bonus is he's just a single guy, so quad mortar return fire isn't that scary as it can do 4 hits at most.
>>
>>52648446
No, it's funny to do but if it becomes a big deal FW will certainly amend the rules- and considering it's getting new revised rules anyway, they might already fix it.

As is, it's a good way to deal with the 700+ Spartan Deathstar Combos, plus bring some dudes and a LR into combat. Though don't count on it
>>
>>52646640
Bought my storm eagles just because those list are common in my local
>>
>>52639716
Out next month at Warhammer Fest
>>
>>52648570
If for whatever reason you knew there was no AA, it might be very good, but that seems unlikely
>>
File: IMG_1902.gif (351KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1902.gif
351KB, 495x495px
>>52648312

>zoom off the board with your 400 point transport and their 1100 point deathstar
>>
>>52637295

Wait, seriously? HH started a mere 4 years after Ullanor? Shit, I thought Horus has been warmaster for decades before it happened, the great crusade has been going on for like 200 years, Emps takes a 4 year break (basically a holiday at that timescale) and the primarchs are suddenly flipping out about being abandoned?

Jesus, what children
>>
>>52648670
I've had great luck with storm eagles. First thought they seemed like fragile Spartans but ended up really liking em.
>>
>>52648756
I'm glad my deathstar won't need a spartan once my rules come out.
>>
File: 1489957036459.jpg (115KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1489957036459.jpg
115KB, 623x414px
>>52648756
>Perty gets his Tormentor towed by Dorn
>>
>>52648962
Too bad you can only pick up two Rhino sized or one landraider sized vehicle. Imagine flying off with the enemy's Reaver Titan
>>
>>52648887
I know right? FW has no sense of time
>>
>>52648887
They didn't really flip out. Some were a little worried, but that's kind of understandable if your Dad is working on something super secret that not even his Warmaster knows about.
>>
>>52648312
Is it weird that I read that green text in my mind with the Daniel Plainview voice from movie "there will be blood".

>I. Drink. Your. Milkshake.
>>
>>52648999
That does mean you can fly in your own Vindicator Squadron of two behind theirs, drop it off, pick theirs up and then fly away with them.
Maybe that should be the Filiketos' supporting fleet - those, carrying artillery.
>>
>>52648754
Considering that most AA consists of a Kherestemptor or an Autocannon Deredeo, it'd probably be fine.

At least, it'll survive a turn or two, which is all it needs to grab a Spartanstar and zoom tf out
>>
>>52649148
https://youtu.be/4CF2PbJsaW8

Whenever some says "There will be Blood" I always think of In the Loop
>>
File: IMG_2419.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2419.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>52648999
Teeechnicsally, it only specifies that for embarking stuff.

For carrying, it literally just says "can pick up a stationary vehicle". If you're doing it, might as well go all out
>>
>>52649244
Nope, the vehicle limit is actually listed under the Thunderhawk Transporter's transport capacity.
>>
>>52649158

Or even better go pick up their medusaes and deliver them to your assault squads
>>
I love how the description of the Stormbird on the FW website rules says that it's lost tech and a "behemoth", but Mars is still happily churning out starships and Titans easily enough. Who wrote that, some Techmarine who barely knows how to weld a Rhino back together?

Seems like there should be some kind of massive carrier dropship for stuff like Fellblades and Knights, an invasion force on it's own. Anything like that in the fluff? Because carrying one APC and 50 other dudes isn't actually that impressive by modern standards, even if we can't exactly stick Baneblade armour on ours.
>>
>>52649318
Where's the rules for this and the standard Hawk? Because that would be hella fun if it's still an Assault Vehicle. Drive in, drop Primarchstar and Vindicator support in enemy backfield, pick up enemy spartan and fly off with it. Even if they kill the transport, they just hit their Spartan with D and then either it or the occupants with S9 AP2 if it lives/dies from that.
Alternatively, flying assault vehicle LoW might be a good way to get Scoria or someone like him to a scrap. Maybe a Suborbital Strike Wing Caestus, filled with him and Myrmidons to split off and do their shooty thing if there's space, or bundle in with powerfists if there's something that needs some more bodies to melee down.
>>
>>52649330

40k industry makes zero sense, power armor is hard to make for people who can reconstruct entire planetary objects but backwards bretonnians can maintain and rebuild battlemechs for thousands of years using medieval technology
>>
>>52649376

Legion red book, the one with the skull on the front
>>
File: download (6).jpg (11KB, 168x227px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
11KB, 168x227px
>>52648148
>Impounding your opponent's Spartan deathstar
>>
>>52649401
The two in the Mega seem to be the same file, the Legion-Specifics one, just named differently.
>>
File: IMG_1907.png (4MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1907.png
4MB, 1242x2208px
>>52649436

Well in the mean time here's the transporter
>>
>>52649467
Much obliged. Sadly not an Assault Vehicle. That would have made it a decent and less boring Spartan alternative, since you could theoretically load the entire army in that if you got an extra LoW slot somewhere. Two tac squads in Rhinos, Primarch, Termie Praetor and 5 Termies of choice, there's your entire 1.5k list.
>>
>>52649172
I meant for deploying in the backfield (though it's a retarded amount of points for that), but yeah

>>52648919
Sangstar?

>>52648887
Yeah, it feels like the Luna Wolves should have been the Sons of Horus for longer, but that's actually chronology set up by the first few stories, where Horus goes down in like the 2nd book

>>52637295
>It is also implied the Emperor personally saved Alpharius from xeno-taint
When was this?

I know in the Alpha Legion bit there's mention about "disasters" that come when you try and make legions from mutated stock, surrounded by a lot of [REDACTED], so that is also suggestive
>>
>>52649558

Couldn't your Spartan disembark and then your deathstar disembark from that to assault since it's the thing assaulting?

It's not like the Spartan is charging
>>
>>52649654
I would imagine so, and that makes me imagine Angron or Khan jumping/ramping out the front of the Spartan as it's falling through the air, which is amazing. I was just thinking that you may want to bring some heavy guns along, since a couple Rhino-types like Vindicators can blast away anything threatning nearby while the Primarch + friends mop up. I suppose the Spartan can do the job, although if I ever take up a Legion and try that I'm modelling it as four of the GW armoured containers together with an Assault Ramp one end and the relevant armament.
>>
>>52637295
>>52649626
That account is a lie
>>
File: IMG_0551.jpg (121KB, 800x459px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0551.jpg
121KB, 800x459px
>>52649330
Titans and knights often have their own special transport and landing craft, often referred to simply as "conveyors". Take that as you will. While the imperial guard often have very large landers for deploying entire battalions and regiments, including armored support etc.
>>
File: Stormbird EPIC.jpg (90KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
Stormbird EPIC.jpg
90KB, 600x413px
>>52649330
Stormbird iirc (from the Epic days, because there's pic related that got sort of "yeah whatever"'d into being one) is a huge class, with patterns from the barely-bigger-than-a-Thunderhawk Sokar to some really enormous ones like the Apophis Pattern nicknamed sunkillers

Also with starships you can cheat a bit, I guess it's much easier to make them huge than it is to make something that's got to fly huge.

They do have special landers for titans and knights: there's a description in Wrath of Iron
https://pastebin.com/twNvaFLf
>>
>>52649381
My understanding is that power armor is hard to make not due to the material science, but because the knowledge to make the neural interface systems is limited to few people/places. I wouldn't be surprised if fluff came out showing there millions of suits 95% ready, but the finicky neural interface and ancillary systems are still waiting to be installed.

It's like the difference between a computer case and a microprocessor. Humanity's ability today to make stamped sheet metal and injection molded plastic far exceeds our ability to make microprocessors.
>>
>>52649773
>>52649824

Ah, I forgot there were multiple Stormbird classes. Wasn't there someone making rules for a Sunkiller Stormbird? He had it stupidly underarmed.

That Epic stormbird is sexy, though. With a few more gothic bitz I could see it as a Mechanicum unit now, carrying a couple Macrocarids and such to scout new planets.

I saw the big Titan Drop Pod things, I just thought that given Priests of Mars described how they were staged in a starship that they may have more conventional landers.
>>
File: very-nice-great-j9n9bg.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
very-nice-great-j9n9bg.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>52647008
I like it!
>>
File: This account is a lie.png (2MB, 1063x1440px) Image search: [Google]
This account is a lie.png
2MB, 1063x1440px
>>52649626
>>52649754
You could say that lie is... one of many :^)
Carlos.jpg
>>
File: 1486510069112.jpg (97KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486510069112.jpg
97KB, 960x960px
>>52648148
>We have come for you
>>
>>52649835

Totally makes sense but knights require the same kind of neuro interface and yet medieval peasants were able to hit the right buttons on the STC to make more

You raise a good point but sadly 40k lore is immune to rational arguments
>>
>>52650072
They generally just repaired knights, didn't they?

Which were originally super-durable large exo-suits that people put guns on, if I recall, basically designed to be really easy to maintain, and the nobility thing just kind of happened as a consequence of time
>>
>>52650170

I think some very well off knight planets could at least make basic knight Paladins but just being able to maintain high tech like that requires some amount of manufacturing capability to make replacement parts

And yes I love the image of a village blacksmith hammering out a spare cog to put in his lords knight
>>
>>52638551
>>52638466
Holy fuck. What miniatures are those and where can I buy them?
>>
>>52650252
Funny thing, Knight Worlds may be a bit backwards, but they survived the Old Night because they burned their witches and were xenophobic. Too bad the only pieces of DAoT tech were the Knight suits and plows.
Manual plows.
>>
>>52650325
From FW, they're Secutarii peltasts and tech-thralls.
>>
>>52650325
Keep in mind that the Secutarii models are conversion kits for the Skitarii box.
The Tech-thralls and that Thanatar-Calix are 100% resin.
>>
>>52650452
>>52650416
Thanks a lot. Definetly buying a few, thanks kamisama I didn't paint mine yet
>>
>>52650325
Yeah, that was my reaction to the Mechanicum range too.

The guys in detective coats are Secutarii Peltasts, an expensive upgrade kit for Skitarii. Sexy as hell, though, and are armed with what work out to Assault 3 18" range BS5 Cognis Bolters, have psuedo-T4 in large numbers and a big pile of other goodies. Get some, they're amazing.

The cockroach-dudes are Tech-Thralls. Cheap upgradable chaff, best ran as 20-man Fearless blobs with 4+ and 6+ FnP for 100pts a unit. Models are again way too pricy.

The big boop is a Thanatar Calix, which has T8 2+ W4, BS5 and a-1 to cover with a cheap upgrade and a S6 AP3 Heavy Bolter as a secondary weapon. Sadly the main gun is a shitty single shot S10 Lascannon, so go for the regular Thanatar instead. S8 AP2 large blast that forces successful cover save rerolls at the -1 from the Targeting Array. Supercharge it to fire twice and watch the salt flow.
>>
>>52649894

Honestly the Sokar is stupidly underarmed: The thunderhawk comes with a cool main gun whereas the Sokar needs to use an orbital blast instead. Infinitely less cool.
>>
>>52650553
You are an angel. Thanks a lot, really.
>>
>>52649626
>sangstar

Yep, although I doubt sanguinary guard will be tough enough for a proper death star.
>>
Is there any role the Pallas serves that a bike unit can't do better? I mostly ask because it looks pretty cool but £60 is a little much for a fancy lands speeder if it doesn't really help out my list.
>>
>>52650587
Well, it has the guns of two Land Raiders and some decent missiles. I just wish it was studded with Autocannon as well for general Dakka purposes, or swapped the Heavy Bolters for Mauler Cannon.

Personally I like the Orbital Strike, since it allows the giant Reductor/Genetor Explorator fleet I have fluffwise to actually have a significant impact on battles, and fitting it with a big communications array is more fun than just a giant boring cannon. I can see why it would be less cool for Marines, though.
>>
Can we have a new bread? :)
>>
>>52650818

YEah that's kind of the issue with bikes is that they're essentially mechanicum monstrous creatures with 2+ saves, great guns and turboboost. There's no reason not to take them
>>
>>52650553
>shitty lascannon

Yeah. They really ought to have made it an arachnis lascannon like on the deredeo.
>>
File: IMG_2096.jpg (43KB, 400x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2096.jpg
43KB, 400x436px
>>52650627
The Detective Peltasts are mine, and I gotta say they perform great. The S2 Shred rounds absolutely molest, active hazard protocols with the PE:Infantry axiarch thing and you can very well remove a termintor squad.

The blast shot is funny, but overly effective imo. Can do good work against a tactical blob, though.

The Rending shot is really generally useless unless you're fighting T6+ or vehicles, and then it can strip an HP or two.

Arc Rifles suck because 12" range, and I can't say enough about the now infamous rad carbines- stupid fun amounts of damage.

Hoplites are really good too for removing literally any vehicle in one turn, and for less than 150 points too.

I run them with Ordo Reductor, so no tech-thralls, but Secutarii jive really well with the rest of the army.
>>
Late-Heresy Ultramarines with halved schemes or markings as preparation for the Codex-split?
>>
>>52650917
I don't know what that does, but I assume it has a couple shots more than the Sollex. Personally I want it as some kind of massive Darkfire, spitting out 3 or 4 S9/10 Lance shots for bullying Fortifications, vehicles and Primarchs.
>>
File: Maths.jpg (91KB, 1065x362px) Image search: [Google]
Maths.jpg
91KB, 1065x362px
>>52650965
But Hammershots are better than Flechettes. Also, don't mind my autism.
Gib new thread ploz
>>
>>52637034
You have the writing style of a five year old. I have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
Y'all gon get archived
>>52651287
>>52651287
>>52651287
>>
>>52648754
>subjecting that Sparten, Primarch, and 10 termies to a S10 AP2 hit
Fun fun fun.
Thread posts: 376
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.