[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cyberpunk 2020 General: Holy shit we need a second thread Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 125

File: 1369792351290.jpg (297KB, 856x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1369792351290.jpg
297KB, 856x1216px
Previous thread: >>52562783
>>
Should have put this in the first post, but mediafire link to what books I have

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/knmcrcowrtjwr/Cyberpunk_2020
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 900x622px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 900x622px
Bump
>>
File: 076_Gall_Force.jpg (216KB, 1120x1589px) Image search: [Google]
076_Gall_Force.jpg
216KB, 1120x1589px
Continuing my story time from the last thread.

The party holds a strategy session inside the noodle shop. Ben and Oleg want to scout out the bikers and set out. Lisa decides to start looking for ways to reinforce the defenses around Viet-noms and recruits Ichiro to help. Linh opens her shop as normal hoping the firefight doesn't hurt business too much.

Ben and Oleg find the bikers hideout on the border of the foreign quarter and an old industrial sector. They are watching the activity from an abandoned warehouse when they see one of the bikers roll an 18 wheeler around the back of their hideout. Too curious to sit still they wait for activity outside to die down before sneaking out to investigate.

Back at Viet-noms Lisa is trying to get Ichiro to stop crying every time he fires a pistol.
>>
>>52628006
Oleg ends up having to slit the throat of a biker guarding the truck but other than that he and Ben reach their goal with little to no trouble.

They crack the back of the trailer open and find two suits of K-10 Ingram Powered Combat Armor. A 20 year old design by this point but still walking combat armor roughly as tall as a city bus.

The two of them don't even exchange words as Ben climbs inside one of the suits to check it out and Oleg moves to the cab to hotwire it.

Ben, who in a former life, piloted these things every day has no trouble resetting the computer to a factory image and registering himself as the pilot. He gets the armor into a sitting position as Oleg gets the truck started and pulls away.

The bikers come streaming out of their hideout only to run straight into 3 rounds of the Ingram's shoulder mounted grenade launcher as Ben covers from the back of the trailer in his new combat armor. He has already named it Audrey.

This is where session 2 ended. Tune in next Wednesday for the thrilling continuation.

https://youtu.be/NqJqvjXhKxo
>>
>>52628223
Sounds pretty cool!
>>
File: Priss.Asagiri.full.379608.jpg (732KB, 1600x2141px) Image search: [Google]
Priss.Asagiri.full.379608.jpg
732KB, 1600x2141px
>>52628288
For the begining
>>52625366
>>
>>52628381
If you're looking for some 1980s design ideas:
https://www.pinterest.com/calvinbergen/concept-cars/?lp=true
https://www.pinterest.com/thetypehunter/hartmut-esslinger/?lp=true
>>
>>52627846
I just wanna say, thanks so much anon! This collection of .pdf files were very helpful for me!
May many internets come your way.
>>
File: bgc_genom_illus2.jpg (209KB, 653x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bgc_genom_illus2.jpg
209KB, 653x1024px
>>
>>52627846
I can also recommend this: https://mega.nz/#F!6kkFkLaa!6EZSzqCRAasDWlkLeo9ibQ

It's even more complete.
>>
New designs for some CP2020 corporate logos I found.
>>
File: Night-City Map.png (940KB, 1326x797px) Image search: [Google]
Night-City Map.png
940KB, 1326x797px
>>
File: CP3501 Night City - Poster Map.jpg (742KB, 2000x1303px) Image search: [Google]
CP3501 Night City - Poster Map.jpg
742KB, 2000x1303px
>>52630137
>>
File: NCMAP-low rez.jpg (411KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
NCMAP-low rez.jpg
411KB, 707x1000px
A test I had done in Photoshop.
>>
File: NCMAP Base.pdf (63KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
NCMAP Base.pdf
63KB, 1x1px
Should have gone with this PDF. The idea was to set Night City between Portland and Seattle, in the Oregon River delta.
>>
File: tumblr_mq0zlgO3hq1rqlw0lo1_1280.jpg (902KB, 1268x993px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mq0zlgO3hq1rqlw0lo1_1280.jpg
902KB, 1268x993px
I wanted a city that looks like pic related. The island would be the rich, corporate area. The bridges connecting it to the mainland could be retracted, the tunnels closed to isolate the island in case of an emergency.
>>
>>52630383
i like this idea

btw. what do you guys prever for a type of futuristic city in your cyberpunk campain? BGC-Like citys or even more futuristic like pic related?
>>
Anybody looked at the Datafortress 2020 supplements (Conflict, Nomad Markets, NCPD, etc.)? Are they any good?

>>52630722
I like to get a bit of contrast. Your pic in the swanky central areas, where people can afford to build new shit, then stuff that's older, more dated in places where you can't just pull buildings down because they're not in style, fading all the way to the shittiest hovels and crumbling disrepair of the slums.
>>
Damn... why do all the Cyberpunk RPGs have such a fucked up Hacking-System? Shadowrun was shit, CP2020 is unplayable and dont even get me started about GURPS... why isnt there a simple and reasy but useful Hacking-System in any of them? I mean does the developers even have an idea of the internet and how hacking even works?
>>
>>52630951
>why does something that makes one character operate in a completely different realm to everybody else require the GM to run two worlds at once?
>>
File: CP2000 - 2nd Edition - Light.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
CP2000 - 2nd Edition - Light.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>52630722
The enclosed document would give a brief overview of aesthetic elements I had chosen, when I started designing my own Night City.

I have never been a huge fan of placing my setting too far in the future. Therefore cities are not hugely different from what they are now in term of geography and demography. Flying cars (AVs) are rare, mag-lev is only used between corporate areas (the riffraff has to use old and shitty public transportations from the 20th century), there are hologram advertising, but they are costly and fairly rare, etc. Slums would most likely be either areas covered with old and dirty housing projects or burnt down industrial areas, while corporate areas are modern, combining harmoniously concrete, steel, glass, green spaces and lighting.
>>
>>52630975
this plus why do such a thing like hacking even need a "world"?! Its just hacking, dosnt they ever saw how hacking realy works? Why dos it have to be so complicated like a "game in a game"... hacking in reality: people running programs on a monitor and entering a little bit of commands in boxes, fishing datas and inject trojans and so on by easy commands. hacking in cyberpunk-RPGs: entering a 3D-Labyrinth full of "monsters" and using programs like a mage casting spells and so on... i mean what the heck is it with illogical stuff like that?
>>
>>52631031
Are you serious right now nigger?
>>
>>52631031
The game with the best hacking system would be, IMO, Ex Machina's classic hacking system.

1. You can either purchase a backdoor from some dealer and get instant access, just pray that the backdoor is real and isn't a honeypot.
2. You do the hacking by yourself, selecting how much time you invest in the hack, if you want probe the system beforehand or not, and if you want to go the stealthy way or go full-out. The system's security level will give you a penalty to the roll. If you succeed you're in, if you fail, you're not in and some bad shit might happen (check corresponding chart).
>>
>>52628223
>Dirty Pair
What an absolutely wonderful show.
>the OVA with the woman taking the muscle-growth drug
>the episode with the businessman losing his shit over his son wanting to marry a transgender woman
The movie was probably the best one.
>>
>>52628903
No problem, glad I could help.

>>52629456
Oh wow, that's a lot of shit. I'll be adding that to my own collection and organizing things when my autism kicks in.
>>
Also, just added the adventure "When the Chips Are Down" for that one anon. It'll be in the mediafire in a few minutes.
>>
Im realy new to CP2020 what kinds of campains do you run guys? Runner-Campains? Cop-Campains? Netrunner-Campains? other kind of cool stuff?
I never played another cyberpunk game then SR so all i ever did was playing as a runner and do runner stuff but i would be very interested to do many other stuff as well
>>
>>52630993
Obligatory 1990s to 2000s soundtrack:
Orbital - P.E.T.R.O.L.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS-eh6GM9AY
Photek - Seven Samurai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRNekaCgtpc
Future Sound of London - Dead Cities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__QF9QZHs94&list=PL21C5247EC7743947
Psilonaut - Third from the Sun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRGy_E6sXWc
Haujobb - Nature's Interface: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95fXVuEVF0c
Suicide Commando - Hellraiser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atPuDuvpCJo
Imminent Starvation - Lost Highway (Exit): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ_NKc07sjY
Synapscape - 7th Sect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVpOT3T96OQ
Sonar - Tone Loc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPWc9mwN_Sc
Atari Teenage Riot - Destroy 2000 Years of Culture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bivsP_h6l0s
>>
>>52632719
I mostly ran the classic runners' campaign, though I can imagine that a cop campaign would be extremely cool, too.
>>
>>52632719
i would love to do a Netrunner-Campain but Hacking in CP2020 is the same like in Shadowrun or in Gurps... horrible bullshit...
>>
File: image.png (929KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
929KB, 800x700px
>>52633428
If everyone's netrunning, then it shouldn't be that bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (644KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
644KB, 1024x732px
The worst part of netrunning is that the non-netrunners have to wait for the runner doing his stuff. But if everyone's involved then it should be ok.
>>
>>52633453
>>52633475
Its not about the "now wait until your decker finished his part of the evening" but about that hacking is boring bullshit that looks like they tried to play DnD in a Cyberpunk universe and disguise it by using "hacker" for "mage", "matrix" for "dungeon", "ICE" for "monster" and "programms" for "spells"
>>
>>52633517
Are you the joker who was posting about how hacking was all about running programs and inputting lines of code to break into secret databases?
If you want that, you can just say you want Hollywood hacking. Real hacking is closer to social engineering mixed with some knowledge of encryption and specialized software/hardware knowledge, because in the real world, encryption technology is far ahead of decryption to the point where the CIA can't actually crack encryption a skiddie can make with a free program.
Real "hacking" is about finding a way to get the person to reveal the password or the information, entering the workspace during use hours and nick/memorize the data, using keyloggers and employees' absent-mindedness to filch passwords and many other things that don't require more than a face with Computer 2, or even just the fucking background knowledge.
If you want "real" hacking, leave it to the face.
The hacking in cyberpunk games is inspired by Gibson's novels and captures the idea of the unexplored frontier of cyberspace very well, as well as lending some actual danger to the act of hacking and, you know, creating a whole archetype with their own culture and fluff that would never exist if hacking had to be "real".
Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the D&D formula if you use it properly. If your GM is just pitting you against ICE right away instead of using logic puzzles, putting in some interaction with other deckers, having Matrix hangouts and otherwise spicing it up, it's not a problem with the games but a gripe with your GM.
Then again, I very much doubt you've ever played one of those systems, just setting up strawmen because reading is scary.
>>
>>52632719
>>52633428
I plan to do a campain with a lot of netrunning... i hope it will do well because i hear so there are so many problems with it... maybe i should shorten it to a few skill checks? ive no idea about the system but i would love to give it a try as long as my other players dont become bored...
>>
>>52633517
To be fair, when CP2020 and Shadowrun 1st Ed were written, no one had any idea how hacking in the matrix should look like. Heck, not even the definition of the matrix was clear - and it still isn't.
>>
>>52629915
very nice, are these leaked from 2077 or something?
>>
>>52634294
Found them a while ago on deviantart.
>>
>>52632719
When I run campaigns, I like to focus on a general question and extrapolate. My 2020 campaign lasted two years and was focused on what it means to be human. AI rights, things like that. Felt like a blend of things, from whodunit to gun and runs.
>>
Black Trenchcoat or Pink Mohawk?
>>
>>52634605
Nice forced dichotomy meme
>>
>>52634715
No dichotomy here. Depends if the character has more a new wave/punk, metal or gothic/industrial inspired look. The Matrix movie was where the aesthetic shifted clearly from new wave/punk/metal to goth/industrial. Now we see a shift back with the synth-wave aesthetic.
>>
>>52636503
But the Matrix wasn't cyberpunk
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 480x720px
>>52636534
Doesn't matter. It created a new visual code for cyberpunk. A code that would roughly last until 2005-2010.

By the way, the katana and coat combination wasn't popularized by Morpheus but by Highlander's Duncan Mcleod.
>>
>>52636598
Cyberpunk wasn't around in the 2000s. It died off almost completely analogous to the cold war. It tried to keep going through the 90s, but ultimately died sometime in 95-ish.
Just like the cold war.
>>
>>52636667
whenever somebody says cold war all i hear is screaming fist...
>>
>>52636667
Cyberpunk was still very there. Cyberpunk had its golden age in 1994/1995 and then started to fade away, becoming what some call post-cyberpunk.

The last CP2020 sourcebook came out during that time, Shadowrun had its 3rd edition, you had movies like Strange Days, Johnny Mnemonic, Ghost in the Shell that all came out during the middle of the 90s. And then with the middle of the 90s also came the democratization of Internet. Websites like the Black Hammer and Cyberfortress started. Cyberpunk was far from dead.
>>
>>52636946
since im realy new to this, can you please give me a short example what exactly is cyberpunk and what exactly is post-cyberpunk? Because ive no idea if it is cyberpunk i love or if my imagination comes up with post-cyberpunk whenever i think about cyberpunk
>>
File: 57497172_p0.jpg (806KB, 750x1071px) Image search: [Google]
57497172_p0.jpg
806KB, 750x1071px
>>52637026
not the same guy but these threads get bogged down with what is and isn't cyberpunk, you should try not to worry about it. whatever makes you happy. I was OP of last thread and some people said my setting wasn't cyberpunk, doesn't mean I'm not gonna run it. Also that thread was garbage because of people getting upset about the definition of cyberpunk
>>
>>52637026
Post-Cyberpunk picks up where Cyberpunk left off. Whereas cyberpunk is/was a Darker and Edgier riposte to older Science Fiction, intended to portray what might happen if we don't all destroy ourselves, Post-Cyberpunk is intended to present a more optimistic and more realistic vision. Where Cyberpunk is anti-corporate and anti-government, Post-Cyberpunk is willing to give both parties redeeming features. Where Cyberpunk portrays the future as a Crapsack World, Post-Cyberpunk posits society will probably be about the same, just with cooler gadgets. Where Cyberpunk is futuristic, forward thinking and on the cutting edge... so is Post-Cyberpunk.

(quote from http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PostCyberPunk )
>>
>>52633767
Absolutely use series of skill checks unless your players are married to Gibson.
>>
>>52637272
This post isn't very cyberpunk
>>
Can someone better explain the armour layering SP system from 2020 to me? it says that you subtract the larger SP from the smaller SP, find the difference on the table, and add that to the larger SP. This doesn't make sense to me because the table says that the smaller the difference, the larger the bonus. this would mean that if you say had 1 week's treatment of skinweave for 6 SP, and wore a heavy leather Jacket over it for 4 SP, you would total 11 SP instead of 10. Am I misreading it?
>>
>>52640104
No, you have it correct.
>>
>>52640168
Okay but, I get why this works with heavier armors, but why would I ever get an armor bonus larger than the two combined?
>>
>>52640194
Do you want a mechanical answer, or a real-world answer?
>>
>>52640206
both I guess
>>
>>52640215
Mechanical:
There is some leeway with it because if there wasn't, you'd need a lot more complex of a calculation for layered armour. It doesn't break the game at all, having 1 extra SP from what the addition would be, and if you did really just hate that, you could say the two armour values added together with the proportional rules can't exceed SP#1+SP#2.

Real-world:
I'm no expert on man-portable armour (Tanks are more my speed) but to my knowledge, armour doesn't exactly 'stack' and it works in funky ways. Most armour to begin with is some sort of laminate, so hypothetically layering it together could be more efficient than whatever? And as you get heavier and heavier armour, it gets less and less efficient. But that's mostly me speculating about something I don't know much about, again, I know armour, not... Armour.
>>
>>52640370
Thanks a lot dude, I think I'll use that rule of no armors being able to exceed the combined value.
>>
>>52636946
>The last CP2020 sourcebook came out during that time,
Achchually, the last CP2020 sourcebooks are the Chrome Compilations from 2000.
>>
>>52640370
It's basically a matter of more stuff to dissipate energy into - anything hitting the armor underneath the leather jacket has already lost some of its energy going through the jacket, so the armor underneath is basically dealing with a slightly slower, slightly less energetic impact, and so protects against it better htan it would otherwise.

Plus there's possible spellation and fragmentation of projectiles as they pass through the first layers that can further weaken the final impact.
>>
>>52633767
Yeah that is more or less what I do. I let them use programs still, and they do need to take down data walls and the like, but I take out the grid like elements. It makes things nice and fast. I also take out the grid in regular combat as well though, since that slows things down too much as well. Just guesstimate the range and how hard landing the shot ought to be and then make them roll that high to land the shot. Fuck grids in general.

>>52632719
I do a "low-life but ultimately victims of circumstance criminals/outlaws accidentally get involved in large scale government conspiracies and have to come out alive somehow, and hopefully make some money on the way". I have a Fixer, a Nomad, a Techie, a Med Tech and a Runner ( they mostly focus on hacking into cameras, cars and a bit of data retrieval as opposed to fighting off other hackers and the like). Their actions mostly run the story. There is a decent amount of intrigue between different gangs, governments, and corporations - and I do my best to bring in elements of their back story to make them immersed.

The best way to run a C2020 game is to have the players contribute to the world with the lifepath they make up. Make a vague setting, and then have your players help populate the world in a session zero.

C2020 is about calling in favors, navigating between different groups and their goals, your connections to factions in the city, solving mysteries, making cash, gaining status, and keeping yourself alive while faced with overwhelming forces that would crush you if you gave them the chance. Throw in some socio/political and philosophical commentary into the greasy exploits of your dystopic world and you have a good C2020 game.
>>
>>52640539
Actually the last sourcebooks came out in 97 (Firestorm serie). But it's still during that 1995-2005 period.
>>
>>52640370
Level IV plates should be around SP60. Level 3 should be around SP30. Level 3A should be in the 18 to 20 range. Level II should be SP14 or 12. Level IIA, finally should be somewhere between 8 and 10.

That would be realistic values of modern day armor.
>>
File: white-dragon.jpg (648KB, 456x902px) Image search: [Google]
white-dragon.jpg
648KB, 456x902px
>>52643898
Of course it would imply that firearms do straight damage.
>>
>>52641940
>removing the combat grid
Im a total fan of this idea, but what exactly do you use the "MA" value for then?

For my group i removed the "LK" value because i hate luck-checks in RPGs and replaced the value with an attention value which, in my opinion, is totaly missing.
>>
>>52645124
Not that anon. What you call the attention value would be INT - it covers intelligence and perception (not very logic, but not everything makes sense in CP2020). LUCK is a fairly useless and boring stat if it's used like suggested. I can recommend this house rule to improve it: http://www.ambient.ca/cpunk/luck.html
>>
>>52645124

I just keep track of the player's MA, and guestimate how far/fast they will be moving in combat in comparison to others based on it. I just treat it in a much more loose and abstract sense. An MA 5 is going to take allot more time to get into a melee than an MA 8 would, but I forgo any strict grid and just focus on keeping fights engaging and thematic instead of worrying too much about crunch. I do the same thing with weapon range and difficulty to hit in gun fights. Having a higher ref and being in motion, being under cover, etc of course will help, but I don't bother considering exact distances to determine to hit difficulty.

Players who want to "master the system" and make the ultimate min maxed combat character would probably hate the way I run things. Which is fine because none of my players are like that at all and love the way we do combat.

The way I use Luck is by giving them a pool of extra points to add on to their rolls once per session.
>>
>>
File: 1051_5.jpg (211KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
1051_5.jpg
211KB, 728x409px
>>
File: Akira_02.jpg (244KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
Akira_02.jpg
244KB, 1000x540px
>>
>>
>>52646153
Is it just me, or is his face weirdly small?

Streamline '80s dub or Pioneer '00s dub?
>>
File: akira-scene.jpg (53KB, 656x353px) Image search: [Google]
akira-scene.jpg
53KB, 656x353px
>>52646168
Yes, his face is a tad too much compressed. Keep in mind that it's difficult to be 100% anatomically correct in a hand drawn anime.
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 540x189px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 540x189px
>>
>>
Its the cars and the clubs
And the drinks and the girls and the drugs
I get lost in the life
I get lost in these Night City night
Night City nights nights
I get lost in these Night City nights

When the sun fall and the night rise
And the freaks coming out in the night time
Getting wasted, look into your eyes
Taking shots to the head like its suicide
Swallow a pill, sniff some endorphines
In the car doing 90 down Pacifica
All your vices come with prices
Pay the price and get lost in the life

It's the cars and the clubs
And the drinks and the girls and the chips
I get lost in the life
Night City nights

All the bright lights are so pretty
I can feel energy in the city
An addiction, my prescription
Is the liquor and drugs and the women
I cant help it I'm an addict
Guaranteed that I leave with a bad bitch
Intuition and decisions
Are thrown off when your lost in the life

I get lost in the life
Night City nights

The sun rises, staying up all night
Its just us two and it feels so right
Driving so fast, feels like i could fly
I love this place but i don't know why

I get lost in the life
Night City nights

- Trevor Something (CP2020 Remix)
>>
>>52631156
How could I work this system into cyberpunk 2020?
>>
>>52647714
Roll Interface vs. TN. Modify TN based on time spent researching.
>>
File: Cyberpunk 20XX - Netrunning.pdf (113KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberpunk 20XX - Netrunning.pdf
113KB, 1x1px
>>52647714
I had once tried to convert Ex Machina's netrunning to my homebrew version of Cyberpunk 2020. Maybe it can give you some ideas.
>>
File: 1483927587263.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483927587263.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>
File: image.gif (987KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
987KB, 500x270px
Bamperino!
>>
File: image.gif (271KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
271KB, 500x271px
>>
So I have never even run a RPG campaign, but I really want to try my hand at CP2020, how do I start?
>>
>>52651434
Like in every other RPG.
Read the rulebook, group up with some frieds who are interested, watch some inperatonal material (Ghost in the Shell, Bladerunner, etc... in this case) to get an idea for a short meeting where your characters can come together for the first time and look what happens.
>>
File: image.jpg (473KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
473KB, 970x546px
>>52651434
For start you can have the players make one or two missions from the rulebook. The one with the Night City Stalker and the on with the truck are both pretty easy to DM with new players.
>>
>>52651434
It's a lot easier than you'd think. The Internet has given a lot of people the feeling that they need to read hundreds of pages of GM advice, memorize the rules and have experience playing in dozens of games to even think of GMing, but it's really not that hard as long as you keep to a few main tenets.
1) Don't get fucking full of yourself, but don't forget you're the GM. You have no duty to change the game for the players or to go easy on them in spite of their own fuck-ups, but you have a duty to listen to them, deliberate their suggestions and explain to them why you do what you do.
2) Congruence, congruence, congruence. Have, or at least try to have, a reason for everything you do that makes sense in-universe. If you have to say "because that's how it is" or make up an explanation you don't believe in yourself, you've gone wrong somewhere.
3) You don't need to remember all the rules - just the basic check systems, the chargen process and enough of the lingo to be able to understand and look up anything you don't know.
4) Describe, detail and dive into the setting. Think up places, people and groups, work with the ones that are already in the setting and don't be afraid to butter the mood on a bit thickly - players usually like that kind of shit, and it's easy to tell the GM off for being flowery as compared to so many other things. Make it feel like a setting and not a battle map - and even if your thoughts are "wasted" by impatient players, thinking it up taught you something.
5) Above all, don't sweat it. Players are at once criminally insane and usually reasonable people - they'll knock the plot out under you one moment and then love your patch-up impro plot the next.
If you grasp how not to be an asshole, you already have one of the most important basics down.
>>
>>52652196
This.

Also, run some combats with NPCs before DMing. It will greatly improve fluidity during combat as you know where to find which important chart.
>>
is there a list of 'status effects' for 2020? They are mentioned in the book, stuff like sleep, disease, poison, etc, but I can't find a table of them or anything anywhere
>>
>>52652489
Poisons are in the combat section. There's nothing about sleep and I don't remember diseases.
>>
>>52652196
I would add:
Dont write big storys. 99% of the time players will not react like you thought they would. Write a lot of small fixpoints and key-szenes for your plot and try to use them on the right time to get a acceptable outcome.
>>
File: image.png (20KB, 448x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
20KB, 448x272px
If you don't know how to run a mission, watch Ronin. You see everything a team needs to do - get together, find a safehouse, get gear, run the mission, etc.
>>
File: night city.png (2MB, 619x1025px) Image search: [Google]
night city.png
2MB, 619x1025px
>>52647568
Notbad but lazy/10
>>
>>52652196
>>52651928
>>52651649
thanks guys
>>
File: CSP81.png (49KB, 501x507px) Image search: [Google]
CSP81.png
49KB, 501x507px
>>
File: CSP95.png (157KB, 498x365px) Image search: [Google]
CSP95.png
157KB, 498x365px
>>52657399
>>
File: CSP85.png (153KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
CSP85.png
153KB, 500x357px
>>52659484
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 500x750px
>>
File: Friedrich the AI.jpg (2MB, 1609x2177px) Image search: [Google]
Friedrich the AI.jpg
2MB, 1609x2177px
Posting the short story I made that spawned my 2020 campaign. Lasted a few years.
>>
>>52661904
What was the pitch of your campaign and how did it run?
>>
>>52662265
We'd been playing DnD 3.5 for a year or so beforehand, and the guy GMing it was fairly gassed. I offered to run, but run 2020 instead. I told them nothing about the plot, the only thing I required was that they were in a corp/gang/outfit together before the campaign actually started.

I had an idea of the metaplot advancing between sessions, and basically had the PCs react to it however they wanted; the key thing was that things would progress with or without them.

It was very much a 'little guys vs. unstoppable, hate spewing sentient AI'. Really stuck with the idea of humanity, and what it means to be human - if an AI could be deemed equal with a human and vice versa. I had a hell of a lot of fun with my players, and loved roleplaying from the view of a coldhearted AI while still injecting emotion to the whole thing.

My favorite moment, hands down was the PCs figuring out they'd been going after an AI for a year IRL. Their contact said that (BBEG) was installed in his position at the behest of the government. They didn't take it literally for a few months.
>>
File: a2.jpg (38KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
a2.jpg
38KB, 600x450px
>>52662660
What did they do concretely against the A.I.?
>>
Bamperini!
>>
File: k73.jpg (196KB, 313x450px) Image search: [Google]
k73.jpg
196KB, 313x450px
>>
>>
File: tumblr_okh8qy8XIS1r51zuao1_500.jpg (187KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okh8qy8XIS1r51zuao1_500.jpg
187KB, 500x500px
>>
File: 8dc1ffca3629c5d8cf8dca40912df697.jpg (840KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
8dc1ffca3629c5d8cf8dca40912df697.jpg
840KB, 1920x1200px
>>
>>
I find Bangkok to be a pretty cyberpunk city - probably one of the most cyberpunk cities in the world. It's a perfect mix of wealth and poverty, fun and danger, neon lights and pitch black darkness.

It's constantly crowded and busy, excepted dirty side streets. The main streets are chock full of vehicles at almost every time. There are those above ground express ways and skytrain lines that go through the city, saying a big "fuck you" to urbanism, and pollution levels are in the "not so healthy levels". The relatively flat city is punctuated by high-rise condominiums and giant shopping malls, that act as activity nexuses. Housing ranges from luxurious villas and gated community to slums.

The city is very dynamic. As there isn't much in term of social welfare, people have to work - no choice. There are a lot of micro and small enterprises installed in hawking carts or containers.

Society is very structured. The rich live and go shopping in their districts and malls. The middle class has its own places for living and shopping. The poor, again, have their own districts and markets (the really poor live on the street and find food in trash bins). There's not much in term of vertical mobility, apart of having a successful business, or marrying a sugar daddy/mommy.

Then of course you have the famous red light districts: Patpong, Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy renowned for their gogo-bars, sex shows and bar-beer, Ratchadapidesek Road/Huay Kwang for the soapy massage parlours, Soi Thaniya is for Japanese tourists and Yaowarat, Bangkok's China Town, also has also some seedy parts. And then there are the sidelines (basically people looking for a suggar daddy/mommy).

Criminal groups are very present. They range from local to foreign (Russian, Uzbek, Nigerian, Vietnamese...), and their activities range from purse snatching to international drug and sex trade.

That's pretty much how I imagine a cyberpunk city, in even more urban (people have no countryside to fallback).
>>
And I forgot some more stuff: The corrupt as hell police force - the country's largest gang after the army. The Rescue, volunteers who come to pick up bodies and injured people in tuned cars - they do it for free to improve their karma. There are also the garbage collectors who often find criminal evidences in the trash they separate for selling. Countless private CCTVs have been installed in front of and in almost every shop, hotel and residence. Free and badly secured WiFi is available at every street corner.
>>
File: bfcabbf2a751d1ea1ba81e23f6ff0e63.jpg (127KB, 564x1119px) Image search: [Google]
bfcabbf2a751d1ea1ba81e23f6ff0e63.jpg
127KB, 564x1119px
And from time to time you have the occasional protests that paralyze parts of the city.

In the power groups I totally forgot to mention the church and sects. They also range from harmless to batshit crazy (luckily the guru is more interested in collecting money than causing trouble) - that's something I often find overlooked in cyberpunk games. Authors often lazily say that religion has disappeared, why it absolutely isn't - the official churches are losing members, but alternative religions/cults gain more members.
>>
>>52662832
Tracked down where his main server complex was after verifying his intentions, then caused a meltdown in the reactor powering/cooling the place. Then sold everything they had on the AI/his corporation(s) to WNS.
>>
>>52666568
>Nigerian crime groups
Those are real..?
>>
>>52667433
Yup. They send mules and prostitutes to Thailand and other places. Of course the mules are probably just decoys that are supposed to get caught while the real shipment arrives by different means.
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 1280x1245px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 1280x1245px
>>
File: cyberpunk103.jpg (226KB, 683x1160px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk103.jpg
226KB, 683x1160px
>>52666568
>>52666674
>>52666839
Sounds cool - I especially like the karma rescue guys (apparently there's two main groups of them, and at one point they were having turf wars until the government split the city between them)

Also your point about religion is a good one - there's not much reason to think it's going away any time soon
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 1600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 1600x1065px
>>52668946
The Dark Metropolis supplement has rules regarding stress - it's pretty much like mental balance in Call of Cthulhu. The more stress you build up, the edgier the character get. One way to remove stress is meditation. The picture you posted reminded me of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 900x589px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 900x589px
Oops. Wrong picture. This one was the one I wanted. Anyway, in game term intense prayer could be assimilated to meditation.
>>
File: Take the edge off.jpg (147KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Take the edge off.jpg
147KB, 1440x900px
>>52671179
Nice.

Do drugs help that, or hinder it?
Or both?

...huh, apparently I have no "cyberpunks taking drugs" pictures
>>
Ive just started creating my very first city for my 2020 group. Do you have any suggestions or tips what i sould consider by creating the city? I never played something in a cyberpunk universe
>>
File: image.png (260KB, 926x229px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
260KB, 926x229px
>>52671276
If I remember correctly, drugs weren't mentioned, but I could perfectly imagine anti-depressants treatment reducing stress, other drugs could reduce it temporarily and then increase it again.

The Black Hammer Cyberpunk Project had better drug rules than CP2020. Maybe they had something about it as they also used the stress system from DM.
>>
>>52671457
Wasnt there a part in CP2020 about creating your own drugs and so on?
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 564x860px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 564x860px
>>52671355
Read my post about Bangkok. Now transpose this to any city of your choice and increase the size of the slum. Also, don't forget that slums aren't just simple combat zones. They have their own economy. There's a pretty good report on YouTube about slums in Manilla.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 532x831px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 532x831px
>>52671496
Yeah, but it sucks compared to the BH's system and it doesn't take stress into account.
>>
File: cyberpunk241.jpg (2MB, 1920x980px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk241.jpg
2MB, 1920x980px
>>52671355
Don't bother mapping specific streets unless you've got a very important reason

Are you basing it on somewhere that exists, or is it just an anywhere kind of deal?
>>
File: image.png (560KB, 877x624px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
560KB, 877x624px
>>52671544
This. Cyberpunk cities are often huge sprawls with not one but many "centers". Each district is what normally would be a city. Districts are usually built in a concentric way. In the center you have the main landmark (a business district, a shopping districts, an airport, a harbor...). The further you move from this landmark the poorer the area gets. Between districts you'd have slums, landfills and industrial zones. Express ways will often pass poor areas and go around rich ones.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 500x281px
And don't forget the stuff that happens in a cyberpunk city. Acid rain alerts (better have your disposable raincoat), pollution alerts (better get your air filter), maybe pollution gets so bad that it hides the sun (chemical night). CCTVs are everywhere. Advertising balloons that hover over the city. Gang wars that erupt sporadically. The difference between security levels in poor and rich parts (in rich parts you have cops showing up immediately, in poor areas you maybe only have strobe lights going on and loudspeaker telling you to wait for security - who will never show up).
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 564x423px
Dark Metropolis can give you some ideas about cyberpunk cities. It's in the Mega trove on top of the thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 680x382px
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 1280x852px
>>
File: Actually a photo 2.jpg (552KB, 1834x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Actually a photo 2.jpg
552KB, 1834x1440px
>>
File: landcruising.jpg (19KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
landcruising.jpg
19KB, 500x467px
Playlist I put together a while ago that you might be interested in, mostly 80s-90s sci-fi influenced Detroit techno, with some contemporary material and a couple of tracks going back to the 70s. Tried to steer clear of synthwave and the like, it doesn't seem particularly "authentic" to me (and it is very regularly posted).
>>
>>52676041
Haha oops
https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=S6jSQoUzdQY&feature=share&list=PLWKtoJ9YdCx-CpiR5k4WOWCrBxN8JCzA2
>>
File: 027_BGC.jpg (240KB, 1120x1589px) Image search: [Google]
027_BGC.jpg
240KB, 1120x1589px
80s anime GM here. I have a session 3 stroytime if you guys are interested
>>
File: watching this.gif (4MB, 294x524px) Image search: [Google]
watching this.gif
4MB, 294x524px
>>52676314
All ears mate
>>
>>52676314
I'll get some hot chocolate and a comfy pillow.
>>
>>52676041
listening to this right now.

its amazing so far.
based anon.
>>
>>52676058
Hmm, don't think that's the correct URL, looks like a random playlist based on the first track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6jSQoUzdQY&list=PLWKtoJ9YdCx-CpiR5k4WOWCrBxN8JCzA2
>>
>>52676535
I could spit chips
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWKtoJ9YdCx-CpiR5k4WOWCrBxN8JCzA2
>>
File: 121_Riding_Bean.jpg (250KB, 1120x1589px) Image search: [Google]
121_Riding_Bean.jpg
250KB, 1120x1589px
>>52676405
>>52676429
Alright Roll them credits!

https://youtu.be/ItCMX3A1qaE

Episode 3: Everywhere I go there is an asshole

When we last left our heroes: Ben and Oleg managed to steal 2 military surplus combat mecha from a biker gang hell bent on killing them. Lisa was trying to maximize the crossfire zones of a Vietnamese noodle shop, Linh is furiously trying to drum up huisness, and Ichiro is getting yelled at by his mom for not having been home in two days.

We join Ben and Oleg now as they have been pulled over by a motorcycle policewoman for exceeding the speed limit.

PD: "You want to explain to me why you were going 20kph over and the back of your tuck is smoking?"

Oleg: "Is of hot delivery?"

While Oleg continues to distract the officer with what he is choosing to call his "Old Ukranian Uncle" routine. Ben has time to free himself from his stolen combat mecha and attempt to talk the police woman out of a ticket.

She is not receptive.

They continue on home with a 2,000 Yen ticket and a court date waiting for them in the future.
>>
>>52676741
rip anon
>>
>>52676741
>80s anime gm is legit enough to know about Dragonar

Fuck yeah. I was doing a c2020/mekton zeta allot like yours over last summer. Good stuff!
>>
File: 081_Gall_Force.jpg (199KB, 1120x1589px) Image search: [Google]
081_Gall_Force.jpg
199KB, 1120x1589px
>>52677610
Sorry about that. Roomate decided to torrent Game of Thrones and I had to call the ISP to get my internet turned back on.

Anyway!

When Ben and Oleg return to the ranch Lisa and Ichiro both nearly feint at the sight of the 5 ton combat mecha that followed them home.

As the sun starts to go down Linh closes up shop having managed to break even for the day. She she leads the rest of the party down into the "in case shit happens" bunker she keeps in a hidden basement under the noodle shop kitchen. (I had decided to let the group do a little catalog shopping since they were about to have a fight on their hands)

Around ten the first Bikers begin to show. The first sign is a MR.TV remote display drone that rolls up to the shop with a message from the bikers new leader.

"You killed our old boss, I should probably thank you for that but I gotta put you bitches in your place so nobody knows to mess with the Roadmasters again."

Ichiro elects to use this as a chance to try some target practice with his new 38 police special. He misses nine times....

Lisa and Ben have decided to take an Ingram for each of them. Linh has moved to the roof of the noodle shop with her anti material rifle, Oleg is on the ground floor with a choice of assault rifles and shotguns staged so he doesn't have to reload, and ichiro is back in the command center he setup for the concert watching on street cameras.

As they wait the sound of hydrogen powered engines revving in the distance start to get louder.
>>
File: 003_BGC.jpg (178KB, 1120x1589px) Image search: [Google]
003_BGC.jpg
178KB, 1120x1589px
>>52677814
Quickly the numbers party realizes the numbers they are going to have to deal with. Ichiro begins calling out 30+ bikers, 3 light armored cars that look like they have been stolen from a police motor pool, and another k-10 Ingram power armor.

Lisa takes the initiative by moving along the back alleys into a flanking position. She cuts loose with the shoulder mounted grenade launcher on her mecha and whifs the shot. The nice thing about high explosives is the they have a blast range. 3 bikers are killed ny shrapnel and one of the armored cars loses a tire and skids to a stop.

Linh opens up with her rifle but isn't having much luck hitting anything as all the targets are moving too fast.

Ben gets bogged down by debris as he fails to maneuver in a tight alley.

Things are not looking promising as the cycle-riding punks slide off their rides and into cover and the KC-10 in the enemy ranks comes charging at Lisa with it's jump jets giving it an extra kick of speed.
>>
File: tumblr_mbsnusW0Bv1qdc388o1_500.gif (797KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbsnusW0Bv1qdc388o1_500.gif
797KB, 500x376px
>>52677946
So, an interesting point of fact about Marine Force Recon training. Apparently part of the syllabus involves Judo in combat mecha.

As the Bikers k-10 comes charging down on Lisa, 20mm auto cannon blazing away. She steps into the charge, grabs the k-10 by it's leading arm and uses her own mech as the fulcrom as she pivots and swings her adversary into the wall of a building. the concrete facade crumbles and covers the punk and Lisa turns to get back into the fight which has now moved up the street.

One of the bikers uses his armored car to drive straight through the front of Viet-noms. Oleg manages to vault over the kitchen wall but all of his lovely staged weapons are now wither covered in rubble or crushed under the car. He resorts to shooting the bikers coming through the gap using the aforementioned riot pistol hidden the kitchen.

Linh manages to put an AP round through the engine block of the third armored car and it drifts to a stop. The bikers in cover sart saturating her position with gunfire and she is forced back from the roof edge. But not before tossing a grenade over the edge to help out Oleg with the guys charging inside.

Ichiro has given up trying to call the cops again and has run to the basement and is trying to find something to help Oleg with.

Ben finally clears the alley he had been stuck in with a half crushed dumpster wrapped around the left leg of his mech. He lets loose with the 20mm cannon and kills 5 bikers that had been using a tipped over soda machine as cover.
>>
File: Bubblegum.Crisis.full.379981.jpg (1MB, 1364x2003px) Image search: [Google]
Bubblegum.Crisis.full.379981.jpg
1MB, 1364x2003px
>>52678246
Ichiro rushes from the basement with a M72. Oleg has to tackle him before he can fire the thing inside and kill everyone.

Linh uses the distraction to relocate to the second floor of the building and manages to take out another few bikers by hitting the fuel tank of one their ditched bikes.

Ben has drawn too much attention to himself and his limited mobility causes him to eat a light AT rocket. He is forced to bail from his Ingram before it explodes.

Lisa catches up to the battle by shoulder checking the disabled APC at full speed slipping it over and crushing the 4 bikers hiding underneath.

And that's all for tonight as there was a shit ton of combat rolls that ate up time.

Hope you all enjoyed and I will see you all again next week.

https://youtu.be/eRSLsyViUJU
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 736x736px
>>52678646
Sounds pretty epic. Looking forward reading some more.
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 498x750px
>>
File: 47177531f001ab28bf446dafa1b5ae6e.jpg (905KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
47177531f001ab28bf446dafa1b5ae6e.jpg
905KB, 1000x1500px
>>
>>52680079
How many references can you spot? I see GitS, Daft Punk, Robocop, Judge Dredd, Total Recall, Xena, the Predator, Akira, Blade, Aliens, and Blade Runner. Maybe V for Vendetta on the poster above the blue kid?
>>
File: Spot the references.jpg (323KB, 1700x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Spot the references.jpg
323KB, 1700x1077px
>>52680204
There's WAY more than that, I just couldn't name most of them, but that pic is overflowing - at the very least there's Princess Mononoke top left, between Xena and Predator
>>
>>52680204
Blade Runner, Total Recall, Robocop, Akira, Judge Dredd, Robocop, Daft Punk, Ghost in the Shell, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Aliens, Xenia the Warrior Princess, Blade, Princess Mononoke, Predator, Blood the Last Vampire, Turbo Kid
>>
>>
>>
>>52680204
In terms of what hasn't been pointed out yet, left on the second floor is the kid from Stranger Things, just down from her on the same floor is Furiosa from the new Mad Max, left of centre at the very bottom is Chapie, in the middle on the second floor is the robot from Ex Machina and top left outside the building is Nova from Starcraft,
>>
>>
If someone was looking for a complete Night City map, here's one - probably the most famous one.
>>
File: tumblr_nfz48eu4tS1qer734o2_1280.jpg (219KB, 1280x632px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfz48eu4tS1qer734o2_1280.jpg
219KB, 1280x632px
>>
>>
File: thefuture7.jpg (2MB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
thefuture7.jpg
2MB, 1600x1131px
>>
File: jo-san-frankenpunk15.jpg (940KB, 1920x1358px) Image search: [Google]
jo-san-frankenpunk15.jpg
940KB, 1920x1358px
>>
File: dbcf7436fcdf749018cee111fee58222.jpg (399KB, 1501x531px) Image search: [Google]
dbcf7436fcdf749018cee111fee58222.jpg
399KB, 1501x531px
>>
File: jnUlE68.jpg (3MB, 2048x1448px) Image search: [Google]
jnUlE68.jpg
3MB, 2048x1448px
>>
File: dystopia-cyberpunk_00353178.jpg (162KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
dystopia-cyberpunk_00353178.jpg
162KB, 1024x640px
>>
>>52630191
It always bothered me how tiny the Night City map is.
>>
>>52630722
Why not both? I like the look of Gotham in Arkham Knight. Super sleek high tech next to dismal run down ruins of last century.
>>
>>52631031
>I have never read Neuromancer
>>
>>52666568
https://youtu.be/rgc_LRjlbTU
>>
File: tumblr_mqd8mln3Pn1rv0p43o1_1280.jpg (358KB, 1280x1549px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqd8mln3Pn1rv0p43o1_1280.jpg
358KB, 1280x1549px
>>52680365
I love this kind of cyberpunk art from the 70s and 80s wayyy better than the rest of this crap.

they actually made it look believable, like a city you could picture yourself walking around in, rather than just "throw random wires and neon signs everywhere in a bunch of hallways that make no sense and pretend its tokyo/hong kong"
>>
>>52683886
That's only downtown. See >>52681731 for the complete map.
>>
>>52629456
Say, are those all published books? Getting back into cyberpunk and gathering material.
>>
File: image.gif (402KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
402KB, 500x372px
>>52684449
I think that it's complete.
>>
>>52680079
Holy Shit, that is like, Geoff Darrow levels of illustration autism. Amazing.

>Sting from Dune
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 719x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 719x960px
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 500x582px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 500x582px
>>
File: image.jpg (201KB, 1024x739px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201KB, 1024x739px
When you fucked up and pissed off Arasaka...
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1264x855px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1264x855px
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1047x737px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1047x737px
>>
File: image.png (620KB, 563x818px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
620KB, 563x818px
Love making those collages. I really recommend doing so to anyone who wants to flesh out its cyberpunk universe.
>>
File: image.png (700KB, 1034x718px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
700KB, 1034x718px
I use Pages. It's extremely simple to use and it can use all kind of files, ranging from JPG to PDF.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1015x715px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1015x715px
>>
File: image.png (872KB, 675x777px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
872KB, 675x777px
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1228x848px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1228x848px
Files are little bit messed up. Normally they should go from glamour to low-life.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 718x923px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 718x923px
About halfway through.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1028x716px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1028x716px
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1257x815px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1257x815px
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1031x629px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1031x629px
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1668x899px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1668x899px
Last one.
>>
File: image.jpg (437KB, 1125x1596px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
437KB, 1125x1596px
>>
>>52686551
>In the dark future, everyone will be gay
>>
Planning on running CP2020. Would allowing ranged dodge be retarded?
>>
>>52690021
No, in fact it helps balance things a lot.
>>
>>52627811
So what's the better way to run Cyberpunk?

>Try to update the setting a bit? Add more Wi-Fi and China as a global economic superpower?

>Run as alternate history?
>>
>>52690408
>alternate history
If you mean retro-future, then that's me.
>>
>>52690408
>China
>Superpower
What a meme. You don't get superpowers without big geopolitical shifts. You need something on the scale of WW2 to get superpowers.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (175KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
175KB, 1600x900px
>>52690528
>China
>Not a global economic power
>Not literally the most Cyberpunk place on the planet right now.

Your irrational denialism is ultimately self-defeating.
>>
What system do you guys use? I thought the CP systems were garbage
>>
>>52690680
I use the not playing system.
>>
>>52630951
Check out Eclipse Phase. Probably the best, simplest hacking I've seen in a ttrpg
>>
>>52690666
Great powers do not equal superpowers.
>>
>>52690041
No. It's retarded. There are already good armors.
>>
>>52690680
House ruled CP
>>
>>52690680
I use the Interlock Unlimited system, but I try to retain the Cyberpunk 2020 Hacking rules since the IU Hacking rules suck.
>>
>>52691292
IU sucks in general
>>
>>52691249
No, because it is possible to make a character in 2020 who will never miss a shot. It helps make it so things are more varied in getting hit or not.

Besides, the original FNFF did it.
>>
>>52690680
Currently playing Interlock Unlimited but I much, much prefer core 2020, 2nd Ed.
>>
>>52690021
I just make it so the pcs get 1/2 their ref as a modifier to their to hit rating if they moved at all their last turn.
>>
>>52692946
Why? I've only ever looked at the core rules.
>>
>>52694092
IU's way of solving class skills made everything generic - it's really just finding the special abilities you like and cramming them onto your sheet. Feels too open for me, I liked having separate classes with differing abilities. It's the same case for skills - pick which ones you want, no real structure to things. I understand that people like that, but I do not.

There's also the mountain of data in IU for players and GMs - which typically lacks standardization (even for the same or similar weapons). It just feels...same-y to me, and rather bland. I like drawbacks, and I like having to play with them. There's also a lot of overpowered shit on Datafortress - created by the same guy who made IU.
>>
>>52694746
I figure that you could just let people take whatever skills they want to pay onto if you wanted free-form chargen for 2020 core.
>>
>>52694746
IU is a pile of dogshit. It takes the worst from CP2013 and 2020 and mixes it together. Avoid it!

>>52692279
First, a natural 1 on the dice is always a failure. So there's always a 10% possibility of failing. Secondly, you can limit the skill level to 7 at character creation. It's strong but not godlike. Thirdly, only apply the bonus of speedware (Sandevistan and Kerenzikov) to initiative and double its bonus (+2/+4 for Kerenzikov and +6 for Sandevistan). Or, you can also keep everything as it is and use the modified shooting system from the Black Hammer: http://www.ambient.ca/cpunk/firearms.html. It's more crunchy that vanilla Cyberpunk 2020. Finally, you can also say that nothing of all this makes sense, and change the combat system entirely or play something else.
>>
>>52695574
Sure, I could do that, or I could use dodge because it seems to work well enough.

Then again, 2020's combat has always been a little funky. It feels more there as a means to and end than a fun combat system, which I'm perfectly fine with, but you know.
>>
File: Dextroamphetamine.jpg (31KB, 375x259px) Image search: [Google]
Dextroamphetamine.jpg
31KB, 375x259px
What are some interesting fictional drugs a cyberpunk character could be using/selling.
Need something to shake up a list of real world chems and digital highs.
>>
>>52696813
Pareidoloxamine. It gives you pareidolia. Really bad pareidolia. "The boot marks outside my apartment building's front door show me the code of the universe" pareidolia.
>>
>>52696476
Dodge creates a whole new sets of problems. First you have to take one more skill. Secondly, how do you apply it? Does it work on bursts and suppressive fire? Finally, armors are pretty good. If you have dodge, then combat will last forever.
>>
>>52696872
>pareidoloxamine doesn't really exist bro
>the corps are projecting these thoughts into you mind via the tags on your shirts
>trust me, the letterboxes on 85th street prove it
Yeah, that could be fun.
>>
>>52696813
Axiomatadrin

Makes you emotionless, entirely logical and able to perceive time not as a constant.

An overdose basically makes you see time as frozen until you suffocate IRL.
>>
>>52696911
Have a small dose make you really good at pattern analysis (only really works if your setting doesn't have computers that can do pattern analysis like modern ones can), so the cops, and corporations will want some for analysing clues or something. Gives you great hook fodder there.
>>
>>52696953
For example: One tab means you can Holmes it up, a couple more gets you to go "And look at the footprints on the warehouse floor. Seem innocuous, but if we overlay them onto a one-inch grid, treat any over two-thirds filled as a zero and any under that as a one, then read it in the Asian style of top-to-bottom, right-to-left, we get the binary translation of a set of coordinates in the lower East side. They correspond to just outside of this warehouse here."
>>
File: Ad_no_to_slo.jpg (78KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
Ad_no_to_slo.jpg
78KB, 300x250px
>>52696936
A fun designer drug or instrument of torture?
You decide.
>>
>>52697008
I can see being emotionless short-term as a useful thing in various jobs, like pathology, same as perceiving time like you have an internal clock rather then normally.

Your body essentially forgetting to breath is also something that happens with real drugs already.
>>
File: Diazepam.jpg (128KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Diazepam.jpg
128KB, 1024x768px
>>52697049
Of course, it's all about application.
Just reminded me of Dredd.
>>
>>52696813
Photoclimatal, you absorb sunlight like a plant, photosynthesis. You get all you need that way regarding nutrients for the duration of the drug and things like needing to sleep or overall stamina are adapted as such. But you need regular watering and have a subliminal nearly irresistible urge for sunlight.

Death sentence for vampires.
>>
>>52696813
Vantrazol. Taking it makes your neurons fire doubletime essentially increasing calculative intelligence and reaction but also increases your appetite. Highly addictive due to the stomach's response to it producing high amounts of serotonin.

It has the redacted capability of actually making the body of an addicted user manifest a second brain in the enteric nervous system. This second brain is primitive and beholden to more basic drives but can develop its own personality given time which may give the user dangerous symptoms of dis-associative identity disorder.
>>
>>52696813
Lupidrizine Beta-Dichloride. Street name is Fuzz or Screamer. Upside: Enhanced olfactory senses, sharper eyesight in low light, sense of taste becomes great by several orders of magnitude depending on dose. Can "smell" or taste colors/blood type/when people are lying and such. Downside: Body emanates a faint smell of sulfur after repeated use, mutation of nasal passage size and tongue, tongue elongates, jaw usually seen to hang or mouth kept open like a dog smelling territory. Tweaks become increasingly agitated and erratic by smell and taste, body starts to feel like its on fire or fuzzy when they develop a sense of taste through skin leading to rejection of clothing or coverings. Things addicts like become euphoric and compulsive to experience, things they don't become painful to the point that some tend to scream uncontrollably due to the pain of the air.
>>
>>52696887
I'm the guy who first asked. I don't even know if Dodge the maneuver needs Dodge the skill, since the description is far from clear on that. Same with parrying.

I just want a playable abstraction, I play GURPS whenever I want to go full autism.
>>
>>52698033
Last time I checked the dodge skill is worthless and can be ignored via the rest of the martial arts maneuver rules.

It's an old game it's going to have fucked up problems.
>>
>>52698084
I don't even know why so many early 90s games have a horrid layout or are outright missing rules. At least most of CP2020 seems solid- I think I'll go find some homebrew martial arts thing so the players don't get all confused.
>>
>>52698130
Just treat the skills as specialties that allow for extra cool shit.
>>
>>52698159
Ya I guess I'll do something like that. I'm planning a low-power game set in Europe so most people will be toting fists and pocket pistols instead of assault rifles.
>>
File: image.jpg (243KB, 760x1344px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 760x1344px
>>52698282
Yeah. Because it's well known that Euros lack firepower.
>>
>>52698282
Jokes aside. If you limit firepower, which I'm perfectly cool with, you should also limit armor. Otherwise combat will become really boring.
>>
>>52698662
Well, if the PCs start an arms race, they aren't going to win it. One day they'll be staring down a platoon of Finnish Marines or something.
>>
>>52698282
That would work better in Japan or Korea than Europe.
>>
>>52698130
>I don't even know why so many early 90s games have a horrid layout or are outright missing rules.

The late 80s and early 90s were a boom time for self published RPGS, especially from people with a lot of passion but little in the way of design experience. Sometimes they hit the mark with stuff like CP2020 or WoD...and sometimes we ended up with World of Synibarr instead.
>>
>>52637472
Post Cyberpunk is basically the belated realization of Cyberpunk fans in Silicon Valley that they have become the man and that they very much enjoy the system. It's a view of a cyberpunk world from the point of view of people who turned into armani-suited corporates over time.
>>
>>52698282
>no assault rifles in Europe
Maybe in bongland but even today it's trivial as fuck to get an assault rifle on the french black market because a ton of people who served in Germany during the cold war smuggled them after trading them with russian units on the sly and writing them off as broken (especially as french regiments usually had no issue with writing off perfectly good material for replacement to avoid getting their budget cut)
>>
>>52699895
Most black market guns come from ex-Yugoslavia. Some French guy who works in the custom said that when black market gun get seized if they have the serial number filed of, then it's a genuine ghetto AK, if there's still a serial number, it's a gun purchased by the DGSE to arm Syrian freedom fighters that fell of the truck on its way to Syria. Then, you also have old weapon caches from NATO stay-behind organizations.
>>
>>52699895
Dude, I said "most". Pistols and shotguns are far more common still.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 350x238px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 350x238px
>>52698906
But then armor should be rare, too. On the other hand dodge, martial arts, fencing and melee should become more important. Only the best connected gangster should have access to guns (made in Filipino jungle workshops or imported from China, South Am and the USA).
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 736x1125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 736x1125px
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 364x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 364x366px
>>
File: image.jpg (188KB, 500x794px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 500x794px
>>52698084
Dodge is useless. There's virtually no situation where it's applied. It's probably still something from CP2013.
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 736x1037px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 736x1037px
Dodging is some kind of passive mode you're going in making you more difficult to hit, but also giving you a penalty to hit. But there's also a dodge move in martial arts to actively avoid attacks.
>>
Do you prefer your characters to be recently fallen through the crack types or hardened types who have already seen too much shit

Also I'm still torn whether to go full 2020, my low fantasy remix of Interlock or Shadowrun-with-Interlock (just that I want to avoid the actual shadowrun rules like the plague because at this point I think they're almost as bad as FATAL in the "you need a slide rule and a phd in math to figure out what the fuck is happening" department)
>>
>>52698084
CP2020's martial arts rules have always been silly so "they make dodge pointless" is kind of the least crime. I'm pretty sure I remember Blackhammer's caliber rules pointing out that a naked kick was going to do more damage than a critical headshot from a .44 magnum in base 2020.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 480x480px
>>52703916
Go full 2020. In regard to characters I have no preference. Each can be fun.

>>52703936
He didn't say completely that, but it was in the same vein. Unarmed damage should be halved (only check full DMG for stun save). MA DMG bonus should be halved, too. Unless you're making a game where guns are rare and H2H is the way to go.
>>
>>52703826
>There's virtually no situation where it's applied.
I think the only time D&E is actually used is if you have Melee or Fencing and want to perform the Dodge or Escape manoeuvres.
>>
>>52704718
wow, til, Blackhammer' s site is still a thing.

I'm tempted to do it for real, I've got players for a cyberpunk game who aren't too hot on shadowrun so that might work.
>>
>>52627811
I really hope we get an updated Cyberpunk 2077 RPG to go along with the Cd Projekt Red game.

Of course, R. Talsorian had better fucking finish that Witcher RPG first.
>>
>>52709315
I remember reading something ages ago that the CP2077 book would just be a setting update book for CP2020.
>>
>>52709315
Too bad it's going to be garbage modern cyberpunk and not the great 80's-ness of the original.
>>
>>52709602
I will reserve judgement until it actually comes out. There is already a setting book set in, what, 2200?
>>
File: WGF Map.png (858KB, 984x700px) Image search: [Google]
WGF Map.png
858KB, 984x700px
>>52712153
Yeah, but it still is 80s as fuck (It feels more like it's set in the 2050's or something than it does 2200).

It also has a crazy as fuck geopolitical model.
>>
>>52709315
I'm pretty certain 2077 will be disappointing.
>>
>>52713872
Of course it will, how long have we been waiting for it?
>>
File: image.jpg (124KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 600x849px
>>52714013
For me, I wouldn't need a game with next-gen graphics and whatnot. Something like Fallout 2, Satellite Reign or Shadowrun Hong Kong, but with good character customization and lots of quests and side quests would have been enough. Just keep the cyberpunk 2020 style. Instead, we'll get a new background and stuff. Having Mike Pondsmith collaborating on the project was already a huge red flag. I'm certain that all shitty ideas and concepts from 2020 are from him - and he's responsible for that infect pile of dogshit V.3 is.
>>
>>52709602
I am absolutely okay with 2077 being willing to move past the "Gibson never actually saw a computer in person before writing Neuromancer" phase of Cyberpunk.

GitS moved past that. Hacker movies moved past that. Shit, Gibson moved past that and he was still writing cyberpunk afterwards.

I want the Matrix dungeon crawl dead.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 720x621px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 720x621px
>>52715345
That's pretty much old school cyberpunk vs. post-cyberpunk.
>>
>>52716088
It really isn't. You can update the technology to not be laughable (lol, fax machines) and still have full blown cyberpunk. The corporates are still wearing Armani and Versacce and crushing the people under their crocs, except they're now also nerds.

Things aren't shiny just because there's wifi and the technology looks somewhat more advanced than the dotcom boom.
>>
>>52716190
It's pretty much what I have done.
>>
>>52716190
Post-cyberpunk has nothing to do with things being shiny. IMO post-cyberpunk, is pretty much like classic cyberpunk but with updated tech, a still existing middle-class and instead of focusing on outsiders/punks/rebels, it puts the focus on normal people - normal not necessarily meaning average Joes, but people with a steady job (cops, secret agents, managers...).
>>
>>52716411
Except all I'm doing is updating the tech. Post-cyberpunk being defined by the technology itself is dumb, superficial nonsense that steampunk's shallow aping of cyberpunk with cogs is mostly to blame for

>average joes with a steady job
>cops, secret agents, managers
Neither a cop, nor a fbi agent, nor a manager is an average joe, they're the people the machine delegates minute amounts of power to in order to help maintain the system.
>>
>>52631031
because it's...cool?
>>
>>52683921
>I think cyberpunk ended at neuromancer
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 469x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 469x354px
>>
Anybody uses miniatures for this game?
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 736x736px
>>52717565
I don't and I'm strictly against it as it slows down combat.
>>
>>52717565
Yeah, it's kind of hard to implement minis in this setting. The most I'll go for (irl or not) is a roll20 setup with overlays and such
>>
>>52717768
>it's kind of hard to implement minis in this setting.
In a grid-based combat engine?
>>
>>52717855
>grid based
Interlock isn't grid based
>>
>>52717855
Outside of netrunning, it is impractical. With weapon ranges over 100m, how would you use miniatures - unless you're a turbo dedicated GM, it's not happening. This isn't a dungeon crawl game, either.
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 460x693px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 460x693px
>>
>>52716411
I thought post-cyberpunk was when the technology of cyberpunk helps maintain a just and functional society rather than a corporate neo-feudal hellhole
>>
>>52634605
it's both, you doofus. pink and black are a match made in heaven.
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 125

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.