[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 55

File: enemyofnewbies.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
enemyofnewbies.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
Maximum New Player Confusion Edition

Previously: >>52604965

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What's your favorite card or interaction that you always seem to have to explain?
>>
>>52623240

That will never not look like a large double dildo to me.
>>
Was C16 a mistake?

What would you want to be fixed/added/explored in the upcoming C17?

Personally, fuck ally guilds, make a release with 1 color, 2 color, 3 color, 4 color and 5 color decks
>>
>>52623253
make the other guy take the damage
!
>>
If someone casts Pongify, Rapid Hybridization, Beast Within, Reality Shift, Chaos Warp etc. on your commander and you take it to the command zone, you still get the token/manifest/reveal, right?

Do you get a token from Curse of the Swine? Does Duplicant change his P/T? Does Phyrexian Ingester get bigger? Any other notable cards that work or don't work with the command zone replacement effect?
>>
>>52623278
You'd get hordes of "why wasn't my favorite color/guild/shard/nephilim represented? REEEEE" with that release, but it would be a decent solution to introduce 5c cards to the format since 5 decks of 5c would be horrible
>>
>>52623240
What does /edh/ general think of Amonkhet so far?, Any new Commanders you guys like?

What about the set in general?, Any jank you like?, Archfiend of Ifnir, Bounty of the Luxa, you know the stuff.
>>
>>52623278

C16's biggest problem I think was how boring the Partner Commanders were. None of them are particularly great on their own, and most of them have very little synergy with eachother. It would be nice for more Partner Commanders that are a little more interesting and have some better synergy.
>>
File: baton_goblin_moral.jpg (101KB, 386x546px) Image search: [Google]
baton_goblin_moral.jpg
101KB, 386x546px
>>52623280
>9000 hours quality

original donut steal
>>
>>52623423

I think they could just do the combination that got shafted in their respective Commander release.

Mono Blue, WR/WB, Jeskai and No-black/No-Blue.

Yeah you'd be sad that you didn't got your favourite color combination, but at least someone that didn't got theirs to be good at their time could get their hands on a better deck.
>>
>>52623460
Hapatra is not amazing but a pretty cute build-around, cycling lands are good enough, As Foretold is impressive in a bunch of decks.

One or two decent cards for specific decks like Dusk // Dawn for weenies, Liliana for zombie tribal, Spanish Second Sun card for pillowfort etc.
>>
>>52623460
insta-buying the monunents, the throne and the vault
>>
>>52623569
>mono blue
You mean teferi? The Fuck are you smoking, that's the best out-of-the-box precon I've ever played.
>>
Autist about Ertai's Meddling is wrong about the permanent exile
>>
What super neat tech can I do with this and lots of ramp enablers? There has to be a multi-target Volcanic Geyser or something.
>>
File: Image1.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image1.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Why is it okay to play something like Sheoldred or Vorinclex in casual EDH but not okay to play pic related?
>>
>>52624136
Vorinclex is pretty meh. Sure, he's a dick, but you need something to use the mana on, and something to keep him alive. There is no non-degenerate way to use that card.
>>
File: 6270_200w.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
6270_200w.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
>>52624182
Why is it okay to play Zur in casual EDH and literally just fucking oblivion ring every fucking threat that shows up turn after turn yet playing pic related is somehow fucked up
>>
>>52624136
But there's literally no reason to not play any of the praetors. Same goes for Burning Sands and Tainted Aether as well, though.
Play also Shivan Harvest and Ruination.
>>
Beastmaster Ascension is so good in Prosh it is ridiculous. Having 6 Kobold tokens + 1 other creature attack to instantly turn on the ascension is the best.
>>
>>52624249
land destruction is unfun for fair decks and can hopelessly lock players out of the game.

Idk if you're just baiting me or you genuinely dont understand that people dobt have fun in games where they have no mana. Killing a threat is completely different to killing a players influence on the game.
>>
>>52624365
How is locking down their lands any different then locking down every creature they fucking play?
>>
>>52624404
Well, I would say that locking down their creatures only locks down one kind of response, while locking down land gets rid of ANY kid of response.
>>
>>52624404
Because non-creature spells exist.
>>
>>52624485
>>52624497
So basically what you're saying is that a creature heavy deck being locked down is fine, but a deck that wasn't smart enough to run a few mana rocks isn't. Got it.
>>
>>52624674
Yup, because how do you play rocks with no lands?
>>
>>52624365
>fair decks
You can have a good deck that's fair and can deal with LD, you know. Only bad deck folds to a wrath of any kind every time.
>>
>>52624733
>I only play my rocks after Armageddon!
There's a time before 'too late', faggot, and that's the time you play some rocks. If you rely on lands as your only source of mana and you're fucked without them, I think it's dandy to sweep them away.
I guess Sunder is okay though.
>>
>>52624733
My land destruction is a one way street that doesn't blow up mana rocks.
>>
File: SPHERE OF SAFETY.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
SPHERE OF SAFETY.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
I need some help
I'm trying to make a death and taxes sort of deck. You know, the whole "attacking me costs 30 mana," deal.
I need advice on cards and maybe combos to play. Thanks for the advice.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bant-enchantment-pillowfort-wip/
>>
>>52624782
Think what you want, doesn't make you less of a dick.

>>52624786
Eh, it's still pretty luck dependant. I'm fine with nonbasic MLD and spot removal of lands, but blowing up all lands tends to heavily favor the caster, who built their deck to accommodate for it, and locks other players out, often without establishing a wincon. I'd even be fine with nuking lands then ulting a planeswalker so everyone can scoop and call it a day, but often the game feels very unfinished.
>>
Could someone please tell me the name of the other black creature that doubles swamps thats not Crypt Ghast.
>>
File: NIRKANA REVENANT.jpg (11KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
NIRKANA REVENANT.jpg
11KB, 190x265px
>>52624919
Nirkana Revenant has the same effect.
>>
>>52624940
Thats the one. Thanks m8
>>
Whats a few good cards for a buget Nekuzar deck its pretty easy to tell what ill be doing as soon they see him but whats a few good subtle cards.
>>
Anyone got secret tech for Daretti? Looking for some janky shit to fuck with the rest of the table
>>
File: Bat_to_the_bone.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Bat_to_the_bone.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
I just found this guy when I was working on my Athreos decklist. Man I wish it was legendary. What creatures do you wish were legendary?
>>
File: Madjace.jpg (12KB, 222x242px) Image search: [Google]
Madjace.jpg
12KB, 222x242px
>>52623240
>banding
Please, stop with this meme.
>>
File: Soul-Scar-Mage[1].png (216KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Soul-Scar-Mage[1].png
216KB, 265x370px
>>52623460
>As Foretold
>Soul-Scar Mage
>Essence Scatter
All of these are likely going into my shitty Jori En deck.
I'm excited for the red/blue aftermath card.

>Bontu’s Monument
>Dusk // Dawn
>Oketra’s Monument
>Renewed Faith
Some of these will find their way into my shitty Athreos cleric tribal deck.
I hope there's a good mono-black cleric coming.

>Cast Out
This is going into my shitty Daxos, the Returned deck.

>Angel of Sanctions
>Sacred Cat
I'll give these a try in my shitty Jazal Goldmane deck.
A lack of card draw is normally mono-white's biggest weakness, especially in edh. If I get board wiped on turn 5-6 then I'm usually out of the game.
Embalm might be something of a solution to that problem.

I've seen nothing so far that I want for Breya.

Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons is the only legendary that I'm tempted to have as a commander.
I'm sad that there isn't a cycle of Viziers.

I'm happy with Amonkhet. A lot of the cards are really flavorful, which as we all know is far more important than their actual playability.
>>
>>52623480
I agree with this all the way. I think Partner is a really cool concept but it was under-exectuted. I understand how easily partner could get OP but basically every combo of partner is pretty underwhelming.
I'd really like some more partner cards, especially in mono-colors so it doesn't have to force multiple colors. Anything past 2.3 is just too much imo.

Which...to me is my answer to the main thread question. The 4 color decks are way too unfocused. Adding that 4th color just muddles the mixture where almost all the decks I've seen are just #goodstuff instead of anything with even a half-ass coherent theme.
>>
>>52625261

essence scatter isnt new btw
>>
>>52623955
Comet Storm
>>
>>52624249
When something is oblivion ringed, the victim isn't out of the game. They can recover quite easily.

When somebody has all their lands destroyed, they might as well just give up. Recovery is often impossible.

Target removal is also aimed at the largest threats, creating a sort of natural selection in which the most competitive decks are handicapped, while janky decks are left alone.
Wake of Destruction is even worse than being indiscriminate, because it massively hurts weaker decks; mono-colored decks and decks with more basic lands can lose everything they have, while 4 color decks and decks filled with expansive non-basic lands are left relatively untouched.

On top of that, land destruction is frustrating. It's just not fun.
>>
>>52625115
Reanimation spells that pluck from their yard. They'll expect you to keep casting nekusar - wheel without him on the board, and reanimate a bomb. Watch everyone squirm as they realize your tactics are actually working
>>
>>52624840
>>52624840

i highly recommend the card Enduring Ideal, its sick nasty in a pillowfort/prison type situation

btw "death and taxes" usually means something slightly different from "attacking me costs 30 mana". death and taxes is a creature aggro deck that uses stuff like thalia guardian of thraben and gaddock teeg to prevent everybody who's not playing aggro from doing their thing

I actually have 2 enchantment pillowfort decks ive been working on, the bant one has actualy game testing, the selesnya one is forthcoming, they share a lot of the same cards

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ideal-setting/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/green-white-puhoy/
>>
>>52625323
Yeah, I just checked and I actually already have it in my Jori En.
It's nice to know that Past-Me can recognize a quality card when he sees it.
>>
File: Bruna the Fading Light.png (120KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Bruna the Fading Light.png
120KB, 223x311px
>>52623240
>What's your favorite card or interaction that you always seem to have to explain?
I'm always pleased to explain how Brisela, Voice of Nightmares is still my commander.
I did all my homework on how melding works before making Bruna, the Fading Light my commander. Even if I only get Gisela, the Broken Blade out maybe one in five games.
>>
>>52625429

can you post jori-en? ive always liked the card
>>
>>52625457
Sorry mate, I don't have a list and I can't be bothered putting one together.
It's janky as fuck though, mostly made up of cards I had lying around. Lot's of 1cmc instants, stealing-cards cards, cantrips and enough counter spells to protect my shit.
Knowledge Pool is the all-star, because you get 2 casting triggers for each spell and you'll definitely have more cheap instants than everybody else.
>>
>>52625435
Does Brisela contribute towards Bruna's commander damage?
>>
>>52625628

I think so
>>
>>52625628
https://mobile.twitter.com/TabakRules/status/747491137623982081
>>
>>52625417
Thank you, this helps me a lot.
>>
File: image.png (117KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
117KB, 223x311px
Ugh this card is really annoying

Does anybody have any suggestions for beating this card in GW besides Gaddock teeg?
>>
>>52625780
Ugin is designed to be a final strike card without easy answers, because he's expensive as dick and his exile is indiscriminate.
The only answers are pre-emptive neutralizing of it before it could enter the field, such as Pithing Needle, Phyrexian Revoker, or Nevermore.
>>
File: 47.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
47.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
>>52625780
>>
>>52625851
There is no way to get that attached to Ugin before he's already purged your board state.
>>
>>52625895
Well there's really no answer to a Ugin -x besides a counterspell or a stifle.
>>
>>52620236
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/slobad-stax-3/
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>52625780
Outside of some real janky stuff involving giving cards flash or cards meant to specifically stop Ugin from being cast, your best bet for stopping him is beast within.

Mana tithe can be pretty ball-busting if the controller only had enough just to cast him, but that's a much more situational card.

Other than that, you just gotta take the L and deal with the aftermath or tech blue.
>>
>>52626157
>>52625851

Neither of these help because he gets to use his - ability

I realize he's 8 mana it's just unfortunate that he gets around just about every protection thing possible
>>
>>52625822

Revoker actually seems like a good option for my deck
>>
>>52624249
Wake of Destruction is fun as fuck to play in Mizzix; even moreso after Ruination has fucked everyone's non basics.
>>
Question about the Lazav deck I'm putting together: Can Tormod's Crypt or any 'in response' graveyard exiling effect exile stuff like Blightsteel, original Kozilek/Ulamog, etc that gets shuffled into the deck BEFORE the shuffle effect resolves?
>>
>>52623278
C16's only mistake was Atraxa. She'd be fine if she didn't have keyword soup and had to work to get all those keywords, like Slivers do.

>>52623480
I like the partner commanders, but too many of them are durdle-do-nothings or crappy pillowfort effects.

Vial Smasher, Thrasios, Kydele, and Kraum are probably the best of the bunch. DESU I play vial + kraum mad science. It's not competitive at all, but it's really fun and does extremely mean things once it gets going.
>>
>>52626412
>Kydele
>Kraum
Literal shit tier.
>>
>>52626369
Those are different kinds of shuffle effects. You can hit the ones that trigger, like oldrazi, but you can't hit the ones that are replacement effects like Blightsteel.

For more information, read the rules nigga.
>>
>>52626452
I mean, there's clearly a tier list of partner commanders here:

-GOD TIER-
Vial Smasher
Thrasios

-PLAYABLE TIER-
Kydele
Kraum

-DURDLE TIER-
Everyone who isn't Ludevic

-LITERAL GARAGE TIER-
Ludevic
>>
>>52625953
Thanks man
>>
>>52626489
Do you think you could park two cars in ludevic, or would you figure him as more of a one-car situation?
>>
>>52626717
I think I could fit at least four cars inside of Ludevic. He's modular like that. I wonder if my Smuggler's Copters would fit.
>>
File: 24.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>52625780
>Does anybody have any suggestions for beating this card
>>
File: keranos.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
keranos.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
I'm helping a friend build a Keranos deck and his card collection is all over the place. He's got some decent cards like Commandeer, Counterspell, Propaganda, and Fact or Fiction, but he's on a really tight budget. His deck is still really sub-par, but I'm having a hard time thinking of budget cards for it.

what are some good budget cards for a Keranos deck?
>>
>>52625780
>>52626739
Forgot to add:

be a man and play blue.
>>
>>52626744
Extra turn stuff to take advantage of his effect, I'd imagine.
Temporal Mastery comes to mind, and MM17 has definitely dropped it to budget range.
Expropriate as well.
>>
File: Royal assassin.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Royal assassin.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>52625435
>What's your favorite card or interaction that you always seem to have to explain
Once got into an argument because of this: if you destroy Royal assassin in response to him tapping, he still kills your creature. This doesn't make any sense.

Bonus: is Royal assassin called that because he is from royalty, because he kills for the royalty, or because he kills royalty?
>>
File: vizier.jpg (241KB, 769x1077px) Image search: [Google]
vizier.jpg
241KB, 769x1077px
oh
>>
>>52626775
I'm thinking he needs some better wincons. Commandeering a Genesis Wave for 13 did almost nothing for him and he lost two turns later last time I played with him.
>>
>>52626739
guttural response
>>
>>52626887
He's called that because he comes with cheese
>>
>>52626887
I mean, the flavor text answers your question.
>>
File: Last-Word.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Last-Word.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>52626920
Well, TRY me now.
>>
>>52623240
>What's your favorite card or interaction that you always seem to have to explain?
FUCKING CONSPIRE, God damn

>play Crop Rotation
>spell has conspire from Wort
>tap two green Elves
>guy Doom Blades Wort, says spell no longer has conspire and the copy no longer exists on the stack

I think he was just mad that I was kicking his ass
>>
>>52626953
Still doesn't really show what he is or who he kills.
>>
>>52626888
Not bad. That being said, why the fuck is this mythic?
>>
>>52626953
>>52626987
Well, he could be all 3.
>>
>>52626888
Well that is the coolest thing I have seen all minute. It's a definite staple to the format. I can't wait to see an asuza deck with this and Oracle of mul daya popping off.

Slightly disappointed it's not a legendary like the other viziers we have seen, but that's k.
>>
>>52626888
Wow
This is insane. Just. wow
Splashable 3/4 for 4 with an insane upside. It doesn't even give away free information by revealing top card.
>>
>>52627042
i'm not impressed, but i guess that's because i splash blue in most decks and i'm spoiled by future sight
>>
>>52626489

Idk I actually think kydele is the most powerful in multiplayer and vial smasher below it
>>
>>52627085
Thrasios is literally the strongest. All you have to do is make infinite mana with him in play (which isn't hard) and you win the game.

The rest are debatable. I just happen to like Vial Smasher more than Kydele because she just doesn't seem to do much. If I want a simic big mana commander, I'd play actual Kruphix with Kydele in the 99.

That said, VS's power scales inversely based on how many opponents you have; he is at his strongest when there's only one person left to kill. That leaves it with a weak early game.
>>
>>52625780
The only way to beat Ugin is to counter it. When I drop it, I'm always just using -X to clear the board. I really don't care if you kill it afterwards. It's already been a massive swing in my favor.
>>
>>52627077
This costs less and is more splashable than future sight.

If you don't play a creature heavy deck though it will feel bad.
>>
>>52627149

Oh right forgot about thrasios
>>
>>52627223
when i'm playing creature heavy decks like kruphix or azusa i tend to have a massive hand all the time anyway.

being able to spend mana however i want also isn't that special for those decks either.
>>
>>52626888

This is dope as fuck
>>
File: thran lens.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
thran lens.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>52625780
:^^^^)
>>
>>52623278
I play evil twin to get rid of people playing the same commander after c16. It was a design mistake and it forces people to play commander hate.
>>
>>52625780
Commandeer it and bolt your opponent to death.
>>
File: lmao rekt.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
lmao rekt.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>52626969
:^^^^^^^)
Seriously though fuck spells like this, uncounterable shit is uncounterable for a reason. You might as well print a kill spell that can target hexproof creatures. I don't even play blue.
>>
>>52625780

ghostway and eerie interlude work for creatures no luck for enchantments tho
>>
File: Ertai's Meddling_TE.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Ertai's Meddling_TE.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>52626969
Best "counterspell" right here
>>
>>52624136
oh man, that's a nasty card desu. i'd try to have removal on hand, and if not, deal how i can
>>
File: image.png (131KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
131KB, 223x311px
Why is this bitch so scary /edh/?
>>
File: pDkOnGg.jpg.png (632KB, 496x693px) Image search: [Google]
pDkOnGg.jpg.png
632KB, 496x693px
Free deck looks whenever you want.
>>
>>52623370

They all work, yes you get the tokens
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
I'm trying to build a Brion Stoutarm deck.

Anyone have advice, suggestions, secret tech?
>>
>>52628606

Scuttling doom engine could be cool
>>
>>52628606

Thornbite staff, karmic guide, reveillark
>>
>>52628606
Phyrexian Dreadnought is probably his favorite thing to throw, as you can sacrifice it in response to its ETB trigger.
I like Angelic Renewal for a super cheap one-time recursion.
>>
File: 137.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
137.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>52628606
Dropping Chandra's Ignition targeting Brion can net you a ton of life if your opponents have armies built up. Theres always Bearer of the Heavens, Deathrender, and Immolating Souleater. Thats about all I can remember off the top of my head.
>>
>>52625202
ooh i like that,
In my mind it's just a skeleton being carried by bats
>>
File: Bloodline Keeper_ISD.jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodline Keeper_ISD.jpg
52KB, 312x445px
>>52625202
This guy, no contest
>>
File: 1481187994556.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1481187994556.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
What are some cards that you absolutely had no idea that existed but you immediately fell in love with?

I'm playing some Queen Marchessa blow everything up disruption deck and was checking decklists when i came across this thing here and just loved everything about it.

Share some of your secret cards that make everyone cry in pain.
>>
File: 5004_200w.jpg (31KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
5004_200w.jpg
31KB, 200x285px
>>52628891
Dosnt make people cry, but I like it.
>>
>>52628075
Fuck off
>>
So I have been inspired by my salty as fuck playgroup to stop playing shitty jank tribal decks for a while. Apatently grave pact and lots of 1/1s that don't stay dead is op. So I want to show them real pain. Has anybody tried a Yidris deck made of land destruction, counter spells, and equipment to make yidris punches unstoppable? I just want to see their eyes glass over when their lands burn and they can't stop me from doing anything.
>>
>>52628753
>>52628741
>>52628694
>>52628633

Thanks for the suggestions senpai. I had overlooked Immolating Souleater
>>
>>52628606
Obvious creatures include Serra Avatar, Malignus and Archon of Justice. I also think that Homura is worth adding, as is Adarkar Valkyrie, Feldon, Kiki-Jiki and Yosei, plus big guy Hamletback Goliath.
For noncreatures, Cradle of Vitality, Martyr's Bond, Mimic Vat, Mind's Eye, Phyrexian Processor, Well of Lost Dreams, Faith's Reward are all good, Loreseeker's Stone is also possible good addition, but I don't run it for some reason.
Then few stealing spells, like Word of Seizing, Conquering Manticore and Zealous Conscipts (which goes infinite with Kiki-Jiki, so Restoration Angel is good addition as well if you want that, Conscipts is useful by itself too though) and some removal and wraths. Mana rocks are good as well, and Thousand-Year Elixir is worth adding.

Also some good creatures should be included. I run both Akromas, Avacyn, Iona, Inferno Titan, Gisela, Wurmcoil and few utility creatures too, such as Hushwing Gryff and Aven Mindcensor. I also run Stranglehold in those effects.

It really depends on how do you want to build the deck, but build it in a way that it can manage without Brion.

tl;dr post is a list of cards t: Brion main for 5 years
>>
>>52629162
Ever play Flameshadow Conjuring?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-04-17-fling/

This is what I've got so far. Any suggestions?
>>
File: Alesha, Who Smiles at Death.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
Any recommendations for wincons that aren't infinite combos for an Alesha deck? My playgroup doesn't like those and some of them doesn't like when I win with Master of Cruelties either. Personally I don't think Master of Cruelties is that bad since you can just block him with whatever.

I've taken to using cards like Tree of Perdition and Raving Dead to bring people's life totals down and then try to beat them down with tiny 2 power creatures. Not great but it seems to work sometimes.
>>
>>52625202
My brother. I too love the skeleton vampire. He is bitchin.
>>
>>52629204
Nah, I don't run that or Minion Reflector, but maybe I should try them out
>>
>>52629374
While Dictate of the Twin Gods has the advantage of "gotcha" with Flash, its capacity for backfire is too much for my sensibilities. I prefer Gratuitous Violence. But that's just me.
I feel like Brion would greatly profit from Stalking Vengeance.
>>
>>52623240
Anyone looking forward to the new 1v1 MODO leagues come Amonkhet?
>>
>>52623278
There won't be a C17, we're getting Commander Anthology instead.
>>
>>52623955
this, ravnica bounce lands, multiple land drops a turn, amulet of vigor. just look up modern amulet bloom desu
>>
>>52623240
How about some summon spells?
>>
>>52625202
master of cruelties, by a fucking mile
people would hate me for playing it but its so damn good
>>
File: jusr fuck off.jpg (27KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
jusr fuck off.jpg
27KB, 306x306px
>>52625359
>someone armegedons
>gitrog player slams splendid reclamation
>mfw
>>
>>52623240
Playing Sylvan Library plus drawing cards in the same turn.
Extra awesome when you sac a land to Gitrog, replace that draw with a dredge and dredge up some lands and then draw another card then draw three with library.

Because EDH has no judges, I keep the cards I've drawn this turn in one pile and the rest in another while doing draw step Sylvan Library stuff. My playgroup never seems to care about correct gamestate and resolving cards correctly. One friend NEVER reveals his searches with Cultivate and stuff and I have to remind him every time. Casual format doesn't mean don't play by the rules.

And to new players, every ability is an instant unless it says otherwise.
>>
>>52625780
faith's fetters is solid in any white deck, even works as land destruction desu
>>
>>52629896
>mfw I bought a bunch of Splendid Reclamations last week for $0.30 each and now they're $3
>>
>>52626313
holy shit, thats really fucking good
that just ruins omnath (both) and asuza
>>
>>52626744
if you're doing instant/sorcery tribal, incluse
-curious homunculus
-jace's sanctum
-goblin electromancer
>>
>>52624136
Because Praetors are creatures. Sure you have to deal with their initial impact, Sheoldred you sac a creature, Vorinclex you lose some mana next turn, Elesh Norn you lose small dudes and Jin lets them draw 7 but you can destroy them most of the time with minimal downside. And it's not like the Praetor player is going to be really mad that you destroyed their Praetor because you can argue it's fucking up your game plan, which it usually is.

I'm never mad if someone answers my threat because it was going to kill them. That's literally the game. Enchantments are generally harder to deal with, especially if you're not green, it's not easy.
>>
>>52626969
strictly shittier overwhelming denial
literally 0 reason to play that over denial
>>
>>52628606
alhammerats archive
fuck his name
>>
>>52628438
>>52626888
No Rhonas spoiler yet. Hype af for snek god, even if he's just a god and not a snek.
I think they're doubling down on the great snake mistake and making it worse. I'm okay with nagas as long as they're also snakes. Oracle every naga to be naga snake plz.
>>
>>52625435
Wait, how can Brisela be your commander? Explain?
>>
>>52630184
The 'Commander' aspect of your Commander for managing Commander damage is linked to the physical card, since Bruna melds the 'Commander' status moves across to Brisela and she also deals your Commander damage.

This also means if your commander gets Morphed or Manifested it still counts as commander damage.
>>
File: atony1400-image-14897200290.jpg (39KB, 206x293px) Image search: [Google]
atony1400-image-14897200290.jpg
39KB, 206x293px
How do I protect myself from mass removal? Im trying to make a Wort combo deck but I have no protection for tokens or much retrieval for essential creatures.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-parade-1/
>>
File: 1491818607871.jpg (33KB, 333x466px) Image search: [Google]
1491818607871.jpg
33KB, 333x466px
Double strike?, indestructible

can't attack or block unless you control at least another 3 creatures

3W: 1/1 warrior token with vigilance
>>
>>52628075
Dropped meddling on a damnation with 5 counters. In the next few turns I sac my creatures, everyone forgets all about it. Opponents play their commanders and a bunch of creatures, damnation resolves just as they're about to start comboing off.
>>
>>52628438
there's finally a way to play snake ramp tribal
>>
>>52624840
even with 3 colors i would still play zur's labyrinth.
>>
>>52630296

Seems easy enough to turn on in a set with this much graveyard recursion.
>>
>>52630296
she's good with a couple of enchantments, easy to turn on and slots into a few janky infinite combos, fairly priced at 4 though. Rather play that new Gideon
>>
>>52630368
?
>>
>>52630281
You have so many ways to make more tokens does it really matter? Just hold onto some back ups when you drop the krenko or better yet start with the mogg infest or Mirror breaker and go for aggro tactics first and bait out the wipe, then go infinite in a turn when opponents tap out. you might want more ways to haste the krenko.

Cool deck though I like the kind of combos you're running
>>
File: Entangler.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Entangler.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
When is Wizards gonna print a properly costed version of this card?

I wanna put it into Uril, since a lot of people in my playgroup like to go really wide, but 4 mana is just too costly.
>>
File: sdfe.png (1MB, 816x838px) Image search: [Google]
sdfe.png
1MB, 816x838px
This may be a hyper retarded question, but the new masterpieces in Amonket, are they modern legal now?
>>
>>52630430
Fucking retard.
>>
>>52626888
Will go straight into seton.
>>
>>52630435
ok how about this then, are they tournament legal, they don't have black or white borders.
>>
>>52630466
No.
>>
File: Dennis'_sexy_drawings.jpg (30KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
Dennis'_sexy_drawings.jpg
30KB, 640x361px
>>52630430
masterpieces are special in that they are only legal in sets where they were already legal, ie they're very expensive flashy reprints that can only be played in the highest price tier formats known for coveting shiny special cards for their legacy and commander decks.
>>
>>52630466
They have black borders, they are tournament legal
They will be legal in whatever format the non-masterpiece version is legal as soon as Amonkhet is officially released, on the 28th
>>
>>52630281
The tribal tutoring is sweet but I think your best protection from wipes is more token generating creatures
>>
File: 1482692332862.png (233KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482692332862.png
233KB, 640x480px
>>52627563
This. Nevermore has never done more work for me than it has in the last few months.
>mfw I'm in a 4 man game and nevermore keeps 3 meren's in the command zone the entire game
>mfw next session one of the put a nevermore in one of their decks and used it on me as revenge, but I was playing Oloro
>>
>>52630296
I can't help but feel a little disappointed. Seems meh as a tokens commander. Seems bad as a voltron commander. Seems worse than Heliod, either Thalia or Avacyn as general white stuff commander.

I will be happy to put one in my BW tokens deck though.
>>
>>52629901
What kind of sylvan shenanigans are you talking about.
>>
File: en_z1e804gWDs.png (167KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_z1e804gWDs.png
167KB, 265x370px
>>52630523
Not sure where you see the black border anon.
But regardless, Wizards is going to make them tournament legal, even if they currently aren't.

>>52630296
I'm glad the Viziers so far have interesting neat effects, because the Gods are a real letdown for commander (and also generally very bland.)
>>
>>52630466
What does borders got to with anything?
>>
>>52630594
The UW Vizier is worthless, what are you talking about?
>>
>>52630594
>Not sure where you see the black borders
I'm pretty sure the "ugliness" of the card blinds you but please open your eyes and look above the Bolas horns on the bottom left and bottom right and on the sides of the columns around the art
Yes, the black borders are stupid but they exist
>>
>>52630523
>>52630622
Its a rule that a card must have a white or black border to be used in a tournament.
>>
>>52623567
Quality work anon.
>>
>>52630635
And they do (>>52630631)
>>
>>52630635
Well then these wouldn't be playable, because they don't have either. They're closer to having gold borders
>>
>>52630657
They are because Wizards says so
>>
>>52630586
Upkeep, sacrifice land to Gitrog, dredge 3 for Loam
Mill a land(s), draw a card
Draw 3 with Library, put the card I drew from Gitrog back and one with Library back
Keep Loam and two other cards
Take 0 damage
>>
>>52630676
It's the same as Sylvan Library + Brainstorm on upkeep. It's just hard to track which cards were cards drawn this turn and which weren't, making it difficult to track. On MTGO it's literally no problem.
>>
>>52630689
2 separate hands is how you are meant to do it. Pretty simple.
>>
>>52628416
Because you don't run enough artifact removal.
>>
File: 1491290478270.jpg (16KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
1491290478270.jpg
16KB, 227x222px
>>52630631

>>52630627
It has an interesting neat effect. Sure, it's not powerful, but it's an enabler for new types of decks. Besides, it's a solid color combo, and EDH is hardly the most punishing format for suboptimal decks, as long as don't deliberately make it jank.
>>
>>52630695
I said up here
>I keep the cards I've drawn this turn in one pile and the rest in another while doing draw step Sylvan Library stuff.
At anything bigger than an FNM, it's best just to call a judge so your opponent knows 100% that you're not cheating. I prefer to have gamestate be correct all the time because that's just correct.
>>
>>52630832
>>52629901
>>52630695
Forgot to quote original post by me.
>>
>>52630818
It's kind of unfortunate that it's not also B for what could have been the best zombie commander now that zomies are white as well, but there are probably enough U zombies and generic good U stuff to build a fine enough UW token/zombie deck with King Tut as your commander.

Remember folks, token copies are tokens. Rite of Replication anyone?
>>
>>52630818
A neat effect with virtually no room to build around.
>>
>>52623240
>favorite interaction I always need to explain
Exiling stuff forever with Tidehollow Sculler/Fiend Hunter
It's not even that great in EDH, really. But most playgroups fail to understand that you can make their Leaves the Battlefield ability trigger before their ETB trigger.
>>
>>52631081
>t. Superfriends Atraxa player.
>>
>>52630818
It would have been playable if it wouldn't only affect tokens.
>>
>>52626735
I like you, anon.
>>
>>52631217
That doesn't describe me at all, I don't even own Atraxa.

Temmet is shit, get over it.
>>
>>52631477
>>52631217
>>52631081
>>52630818
The card is fucking awful and the effect isn't interesting either. It's boring as hell and nothing special, it's not even good since it affects tokens exclusively, which is fucking shitty in commander, since it completely fucks over voltron.
At least if someone plays that useless fuck, at least I can fuck him over with phasing the commander so he loses all equipments and auras forever.
>>
>>52626888
>SPEND MANA OF ANY TYPE
This guy can cast colorless spells. Interesting indeed!
>>
>>52626888
>>52631601
well time to make a mono green Progenitus deck, I guess.
>>
>>52630296
>>
>>52629119
Tempt with Vengeance is worth considering.
Also, never, EVER forget about Sunforger.
>>
>>52631477
>>52631574
The sheer aggressive insistence that this card doesn't meet subjective standards is really quite something. A mere prospect that some players might enjoy bashing players with Scytheclawed germs or Back from the Brinked infiltrators, let alone more conventional strategies like equipping an X/Y Sword on a random leftover or the general itself, in the very format where some people unironically pilot Moonfolk tribal, is apparently sacrilege.
>>
>>52631900
You sure feel the need to defend that piece of shit. The fucker doesn't work as the strategy it's clearly intended as in commander, that is voltron.
>>
>>52631900
If you're equipping a sword onto a token it's probably unblockable anyways, not to mention that Body and Mind, Fire and Ice, War and Peace, and Light and Shadow all make it so that the token can't be targeted by the commander.

So you can literally only equip Feast and Famine and still target it.

But no, keep defending that piece of trash. I would sure love for Wizards to print more legendaries that are worthless in Sealed, Draft, Standard, Modern, Legacy, Vintage, Commander, Pauper, Frontier, and any other format I might've missed with more than 15 players.
>>
File: 1465176073687.gif (585KB, 910x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465176073687.gif
585KB, 910x720px
>>52632092

>Lists formats
>includes frontier
>>
>>52632092
I love how only one sword can work with it so I happily don't have to buy them all if I want to make UW token shenanigans.
>>
>>52632181

Why does frontier trigger so many people on /tg/??
>>
>>52632092

It seems pretty dece in limited and sealed though
>>
Which deck should I build anons? I took apart all my decks and just finished building Brago... hatebears? It's difficult to describe, but in general, it's a deck full of control, silver bullets, and tutors to make sure Brago can always connect. Anyways, help me pick a new deck:

>Karn, Silver Golem artifact ramp and Eldrazi
>Lazav spot removal and hateful discard
>Tajic indestructible tribal
>Mimeoplasm Reanimator
>>
Just me or is the white god legitimately 100x better than the red or blue gods?
>>
>>52630631
> not just giving them a real black border
> not just saying "These cards count as having black borders."

Why is WotC so autistic?
>>
>>52631963
>>52632092
I just said it had an interesting neat effect. You're sperging out as though I'm calling him comparable to Breya or something. I haven't even objected to the claims that he's a weak general.

I think he's a cool guy. If I were to make an UW deck, I'd probably choose him. Go derail a 3.P thread if you have to tell some people they don't understand fun.
>>
>>52632312
It's just you anon. Both the blue and red gods have a niche, the white god just has a more obvious strategy that's easier to enable because it's based on boardstate, not handsize.
>>
File: literal shit.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
literal shit.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
>>52632253

Did you also buy into Tiny Leaders?
>>
>>52632253
>look at me, I have random useless cards, so I'm going to jump the gun and make my own fake, horribly unbalanced format to pretend like I'm playing a format that matters, when I could just take my lumps and play something else instead
>also, everyone who doesn't like my format is a dick and there is no possibility that I'm trying to jew neo/post-modern with a bunch of bullshit
>>
>>52632330
How is his effect interesting or neat? I have never seen such disappointing legendary, what's also bad and boring as hell. Sure there's some jank strategies you can do with him, but if you want jank, I feel for you, I just don't like how boring he is and how he works against EDH with his ability.

You can repeat all day your thing, but I can't see how he or his abilities are even remotely interesting. Hell, even Gwafa is more interesting in what he does as a commander.
>>
>>52632459
>he works against EDH with his ability.
How?
>>
>>52632312

It's not at all, it might be the worst actually, blue has problems too though

Problem is that requiring 3 other creatures is actually pretty extreme outside of edh. It's decently annoying in edh too

Problem is that in edh it's fairly low impact even when it's turned on, undercosted beater, overcosted token maker.

The red one is clearly the best, not good in edh, but it's great in limited and cube, possibly a standard dark horse. His only problem is being outclassed by other aggressive cards already in standard like heart of kiran and such
>>
>>52632303
TAJIC tbqh
>>
>>52632424
>>52632395

I just asked why you're all triggered so hard by its being mentioned

Seems like the Jews are involved?
>>
File: 1402392824896.png (390KB, 544x540px) Image search: [Google]
1402392824896.png
390KB, 544x540px
>>52632181
I put it at the end for a reason, I assume at least 15 people play it.

>>52632330
I only ever made the reply >>52631081
If you were just trying to say he had a neat effect you would've never replied to that post.

>>52632516
>red good in limited or cube
Good if for some reason you need to waste an entire turn doing nothing I suppose.

>>52632489
That's the anon that keeps saying Temmet is for voltron, ignore him.
>>
>>52632489
His ability screams voltron, but he can't deal commander damage when he's able to use his triggers on himself and you know, commanders, being the central thing of commander.
>>
>>52632548

>waste a turn doing nothing

?? You're supposed to play a bunch of cheap spells the play him as a hasty 5 power indestructible

Getting to 1 card in hand is objectively the easiest to achieve of the god requirements
>>
>>52632548
>I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALA
Grow up and accept the facts, dumb animeposter
>>
>>52632565
>Getting to 1 card in hand is objectively the easiest to achieve of the god requirements
Turn 1 do nothing because you're in limited, turn 2 cast a spell, turn 3 cast another spell. We've now hit turn four and assuming you've drawn your sweet Mythic bomb, and you've hit a land every turn even after playing it you'll have two cards in hand on the play. God help you if you've included anything that gives you card draw like you should in limited, or if you missed a land drop, or if you drew the end of your curve instead.

>>52632568
I don't know what you're replying to but ebin greentext isn't helping. If you're the voltron sperg, Temmet clearly isn't for voltron. Stop posting.
>>
>>52628416
Kalemne is much scarier and she's still worst color.
>slap Sword of sweet bro and hella jeff on akiri - might as well use a token creature
>slap it on kalemne - drown in value
>>
>>52628606
With Illusionist Bracers and Phyrexian Processor he's pretty much a mini-Hidetsugu
>>
>>52632613

In limited aggressive red decks you want to take 1 drops highly, also you can play 1-2 spells turn 4 then drop the God turn 5.

Anyway if you think it's difficult to get to 1 card in hand, do you honestly think getting to 7 is easier? Or getting 4 creatures in play against removal and wipes and having to chump with dorks, etc? At least the red one has a reasonable strategy that could work in some formats, assuming you build low curve
>>
>>52632516
>Use white god as commander
>Turn 1 Doomed Traveler
>Turn 2 gather the townsfolk
>Turn 3 anything
>Turn 4 God
>Turn 5 Angelic Destiny win the game

Yeah it is totally shit for EDH.
>>
>>52632525
It's going to be degenerate anon. REALLY degenerate. I was thinking about making an MLD artifact deck and use things to save my permanents while nuking everything else. The other option is to make him a voltron commander and to use wraths to help me keep the board undercontrol
>>
>>52632712
Win the game is on turn 6 but yeah.
>>
>>52632712

I don't see how that wins you the game, the God is 3/6, but I concede that double strike is definitely pretty decent for voltron. The white one is probably better for edh than other formats because of commander damage and people not wanting to use removal or trade blocks on inconsequential dorks and tokens

That's a pretty good draw, and it gets totally wrecked by turn 4 board wipe, or any exile removal
>>
>>52632772
>turn 4 board wipe
Who would do that
Also that sets everyone else back just as bad and you can just as easily get a few more tokens. Probably easier to get 3 tokens out again then it would be for your opponents to find an answer to your God.
>>
>>52632684
>In limited aggressive red decks you want to take 1 drops highly
When was the last time you played limited anon? Aether Revolt had a whole six one-drops and only two of those were commons. None of them red.

>Or getting 4 creatures in play against removal and wipes and having to chump with dorks, etc
Yeah that's pretty damn easy actually, as far as we've seen there are only two wipes so far and both of them are rare and have heavy limitations on what they can kill. As for regular removal I think the last limited that had decent removal was Theros.
>>
>>52632828
Tarkir had bad removal?
>>
>>52632828

Okay I'm thinking cube with the 1 drops, but still, it's more realistic than 7 cards in hand, because you can play 2 2 drops turn 4, then the God turn 5, and it's also a good topdeck at any point in the game because you're likely gonna be low on cards later in the game
>>
>>52632917
In limited? It wasn't awful like BFZ/OGW and SOI/EMN but it wasn't great. Valorous Stance and Murderous Cut were alright but they were uncommon.
>>
>>52632828

Aether revolt had like 20 something 1 drops tho
>>
>>52633003
I was specifically talking creatures.

I mean I suppose you could turn 1 Shock the opponent.
>>
>>52633022

There were 1 drop artifact creatures and 1 drop enchantments that pay off later
>>
>>52632459
It's interesting and neat because he encourages an atypical gameplan. Grab some infiltrate creatures, get some ways to copy them, add some cards that reward getting through to your opponents, and season with some traditional token producers or even populate. I think Augury Adept, Jeskai Infiltrator and Wharf Infiltrator are cool cards. Clone effects are fun because it makes your deck integrate what your opponents does into its gameplan. Casting Grip of Phyresis on an opponent's F&F and hitting them with it sounds like a jolly time, as does going out of control with Stolen Identity or making copious amounts of Sun Titans.

>>52632548
>If you were just trying to say he had a neat effect you would've never replied to that post.
It wouldn't be very interesting if you couldn't build around it though.
>>
>>52633133
Well you can't build around it so give up cunt.
>>
>>52632810
>Who would do that
Anyone who sees the white god at his table with 3 creatures out
>Also that sets everyone else back just as bad
Unless you spent your first turns ramping/drawing like most people do
>>
>>52633290
>Load deck with cheap creatures that turn into tokens when they die, as well as small fabricate creatures and anything that brings tokens with it as it comes into play.
>Load deck with cheap enchantments/equipment that make God flying/unblockable/bigger
>Add mana rocks + Oblivion Ring&Friends

I can see this deck being too strong for casual edh, personally.
>>
File: Oppression_7E.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Oppression_7E.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>52628891
One of my favorite pet cards.
>>
>>52623240
Ib Halfheart as a commander
Cards that cost under $5
Casual game: (each of us has drawn one of the manna types as a theme)

What have you got for me?
>>
>>52628606
give this fucker infect
red + white + black are super effective infect colors
>>
>>52633497
Ib + 99 Mountains is one of those meme decks. Sadly, Valakut is out of your price range, as is Purphoros. What's not is Krenko, Krenko's Command, Dragon Fodder, Goblin Offensive, Goblin Shrine, Boggart Shenanigans, Goblin Assault, Goblin Bombardment, goblin caves, goblin warrens, goblinslide and impact tremors.
>>
>>52633696
>>52633497
Basically, go like 60 mountains and 40 mostly noncreatures that generate a shitton of goblins, Win with a seemingly infinite tide of goblin and Tremors/Bombardment/Shenanigains. Have Goblinslide add more Goblin to everything.

GOBLINS.
>>
>>52633647
Learn your color identity rules. You can't run Phyresis in Brion.

You need Grafted Exoskeleton.
>>
File: 20 drop artifact adds 10 mana.png (417KB, 668x310px) Image search: [Google]
20 drop artifact adds 10 mana.png
417KB, 668x310px
>Mind stone, a 2-drop which adds 1 or can draw one, is used in 15,604 decks on EDHRec
>Hedron Archive, following a similar formula but double, is used in 9,462 decks on EDHRec
>Dreamstone Hedron, following a similar formula but triple, is used in 5,582 decks on EDHRec.

Do you play any, /edhg/? Do you play all? Would you play an even bigger one? How far down would you actually play?
>>
>>52633971
In my kozilek deck I'd probably go up to an 8 mana tap for 4, since at 10 I'd rather cast kozilek. I doubt anyone woukd go above that.
>>
I'm making my first gruul deck, would you guys say that mind's eye is necessary in gruul? It's tokens, so I have the obvious skullclamp and also harmonize. The other draw I have is mostly green's "draw cards equal to amount of creatures you control/target creature you control's power", but I'm wondering if I need more draw that doesn't rely on my boardstate.
>>
>>52633971
I play mind stone all the fucking time. It's a 2-drop rock that comes in untapped; if I'm not at least 3 colors it has a home

I play Hedron archive fairly uncommonly, Most of the time, I'd rather have Thran Dynamo, but it's OK in decks that want to hit 6+ reliably and quickly

I play Dreamstone fairly rarely. It's not often that a deck hits 6 and still needs that much more mana, but in something that can untap a lot, mono-brown, or the rare decks that do have meaningful plays at 9, it can find a home.

I don't think I'd EVER run a theoretical "4" entry in the series outside obscene eldrazi ramp. 8 mana is just too much to pay for, well, even more mana. The card draw is nice but in almost every deck I can think of a better way to draw cards than sinking 12 mana into it, with an initial investment of 8. But, yeah, if I'm playing RoE Eldrazi.dec it might (MIGHT) make the cut. Item 5 never would. at 10 why am I not just casting my goddamn Eldrazi? Blah, blah draw I DON'T NEED IT THAT BAD.
>>
>>52634042
Mind's Eye used to be a format staple but honestly I don't see it much any more. Green has decent draw and it's getting better all the time. Maybe if I needed to shore up monowhite, monored, or Boros or was running grindy control
>>
>>52633971
What colors am I in? If i'm in colors that suck at ramp/draw but have artifact recursion then yeah. Sign me up baby. Other wise these are filler cards for me until i can buy something that will make my deck run better.
>>
>>52633971
G doesn't need artifact ramp, thnx tho
>>
>>52633708
I see. "furnace of rath" and "dictate of the twin gods" should probably go in then

>>52633696
Honestly seeing as I'm playing with friends, as long as they're not complete bullshit I'll put proxying the more expensive ones up to vote.

ta for the response
>>
>>52634042
Hunter's Insight
Praetor's consel or something 5GGG sorcery, regrowth EVERYTHING
See the Unwritten
Eternal Witness
Lifecrafter's Bestiary
Library
Soul of the Harvest
Kozilek
Genesis
>>
>>52634042

I would say in a gruul deck you want around 7-10 pieces of draw or card advantage

Rather than mind's eye id be more interested in something like Domri rade that can give you card selection and advantage particular to your deck (I assume in gruul, that's creatures)

That said, mind's eye is still pretty solid if that's what you want
>>
File: nehebtheworthy.jpg (51KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
nehebtheworthy.jpg
51KB, 265x370px
Moo?
>>
>>52635028
Dumb.
>>
>>52635028
>Hellbent
Steaming pile of cow shit.
>>
>>52635080
>>52635088
>>52635028

It's not good but I like it anyway
>>
>>52635138
Congratulations you're part of the problem.
>>
>>52635028
Rewarding fast reckless play in tribal in Rakdos, hmm this sounds interesting. Yeah, Hellbent btw idgaf, it's RB anyway. It's go big or go home.
>>
>>52635028
Found my long esteemed discard commander
>>
>>52635221
Stop posting like you're on Facebook.
>>
File: Image (23).png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (23).png
129KB, 223x311px
finally got enough money to put anything in the deck i need
what else am I missing?
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/591294#paper
>>
>>52635398
Is it though? Do you really have enough minotaurs for this shit?
>>
>>52635172
You're a no fun faggot, people have wanted a minotard commander since theros
>>
>>52635574
A Minotaur commander has existed since Planeshift, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>52635547
You don't necessarily have to make it a full-on Minotaur tribal. There are some useful ones though.
>>
>>52635654
>monored
No you.
>>
>>52635221
There are actually shills that think this tripfag is a quality poster, what the fuck are they high on?
>>
>>52635718
It's literally just him posting anonymously, don't be retarded.
>>
>>52635671
>>52635547
There's a few worthwhile ones and as he was spoiled, there's bound to be couple more, hopefully good ones too.
At least this one is much better than werewolf legendary or Ishkanah as spider tribal commander.
>>
>>52635671
If you don't, then why are you running this commander.
>>
File: edgewalker.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
edgewalker.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>52635654
>Mono R
Minotaur tribal has been teased since Theros, in RB colors. Everyone who wanted it in commander has been running Mogis over Tahngarth for access to those black minotaurs, and because the flavor is still there (neither have any tribal interaction).

Now they finally have their Ulrich/Ayli, and you're going to tell them that tribal was always possible outside of the colors that they wanted. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>52635852
Yeah there's also a good number of non-tribal related ones from Theros block like the inspired guys and the heat shimmer one.

>werewolf legendary or Ishkanah
Don't even remember me of those.

>>52635872
Colors, discard, support for a good number of minotaurs you would run. It's not tribal as in 50 minotaurs like Elfs or Goblins because it has a relevant ability you can exploit as well.
>>
>>52635852
Is it? This feels exactly like depala. He isn't even going to be good in standard because he is a Lord that is legendary.

This guy will be worthless. Anybody that wanted a Minotaur commander because they love minotaurs could have already made one, this card doesn't give anything to anyone.
>>
>>52635896
Go fuck yourself instead.

There was never a Legendary BW Cleric or a Werewolf. There has been an iconic Legendary Minotaur from the Weatherlight Saga that was released in 2001, which is probably older than some of you. Flavorwise he's a fucking Minotaur, how is he not the head of Minotaur tribal?

Just because you retards started playing MTG in Theros doesn't mean everybody else did.
>>
>>52636052
>There was never a Legendary BW Cleric or a Werewolf
There was enough cards on both tribes to imply a tribal though.

>>52636052
>There has been an iconic Legendary Minotaur from the Weatherlight Saga that was released in 2001
Which doesn't imply a tribal for minotaurs. It was with Theros that a tribal was created, but in RB and not monoR like Tahngarth.

>>52636052
>Flavorwise he's a fucking Minotaur, how is he not the head of Minotaur tribal?
Sameway Oloro is not head of giant tribal, just because a legend has a certain type it's going to head a tribal deck of said type.
>>
>>52635961
>>52635903
To be fair, I don't care about minotaurs, I care about his abilities, the minotaur tribal shit is just a nice side thing, which allows me to play Fanatic, Ragemonger and all the lords.
I tried to make a hellbent discard out of Mogis, but it didn't work that well, it just ended up being a bad enchantress which waited for resolving Jokulhaups, Obliterate or Decree of Annihilation and pinging everyone afterwards with Mogis and other pinging enchantments and walkers.
>>
>>52635028
Meh? I mean if you're playing Rakdos you might as well suck all the way, and as a janky theme general for nu-minotaurs he's better than Mogis. He's not going to be shaking up competitive any time soon but he does tie together hellbent, madness, and minotaurs so I'm not going to be too sour about it.
>>
>>52636052
>There was never a Legendary BW Cleric or a Werewolf.
There were plenty of iconic Legendary Clerics that weren't BW, the best colors for brewing cleric tribal. Same goes for RG Werewolves. Same goes for BR Minotaurs.
>>
>>52625780
>play mycosynth lattice
>play confusion in the ranks
>nobody can play anything because it will always trade out with something else on the field
thats how i deal with planeswalkers
>>
>>52636052
>Just because you retards started playing MTG in Theros doesn't mean everybody else did.

I'm sure the magic playerbase more than doubled after Return the Ravnica. You are in the minority bro.
>>
>>52636178
Needs more Grip of Chaos.
>>
>>52636111
Learn how to reply to people, damn dude.
>>
>>52636052
You are reaching Homarid-guy levels of autism. an
>>
>>52636218
>magic playerbase more than doubled after Return the Ravnica
That's one hell of a claim. Care to drop a source other than your ass for it?
>>
>>52636245
Wtf why did it quote thrice?

>>52636178
Wouldn't people just then play lands and steal threats?
>>
>>52636265

2013 — "Magic" now has 12 million active players globally, and Hasbro said that it's the biggest brand in its $1.2 billion games portfolio. In its 2012 annual report, the company said that "Magic's" revenue has grown by 25 percent or more in each of the previous four years. — NBC 2013 https://archive.is/EQaiY
2016 — In Hasboro's earning report, they state there are 1 million registered DCI players, and 65,000 playing in the grand prix. You must figure there are 10 to 20 casual players for every serious DCI player, putting the estimates in the 15-21 million range. http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/HAS/1985039992x0x886266/F7E883EE-DCA4-4FBA-B556-947855949722/HAS_News_2016_4_18_Quarterly_Financials.pdf
>>
>>52636174
>There were plenty of iconic Legendary Clerics that weren't BW, the best colors for brewing cleric tribal. Same goes for RG Werewolves. Same goes for BR Minotaurs.
While I agree on the topic of clerics as I knew people that played monoW Cleric tribal with both of the Samite chicks (not the Future Sight one), I don't understand the rest of your claim beginning with "same goes." It is certainly not the case that "There were plenty of iconic Legendary Werewolves/Minotaurs that weren't RG/RB."

What exactly are you trying to say?
>>
>>52636178
I rarely ever see more than one planeswalker on board at a time. Is your meta just so afraid of attacking that you need to dig up a two-card combo to deal with them?
>>
Planning on making a Tajic, Blade of the Legion deck. Mostly Human and Soldier tribal.

What are some must includes? What are some good win-cons to put in that also won't make people I play with hate me?
>>
>>52636132
You've never had Heartless Summoning and Ragemonger on the field at the same time, have you?

>AND AS SUCH, I PLAY MY ENTIRE DECK!
>>
>>52636290
>Growth from 12m to 10-20m over 3 years
>Doubled after RTR

These do not add up. Also, since "You must figure there are 10 to 20 casual players for every serious DCI player" seems to be your words, I wonder on the veracity of assuming fewer than 10% of Magic players have ever been to so much as Prerelease or FNM, where they will give you a DCI number.

Also your shareholder document says nothing about the number of DCI players, the size of the GP, or Magic as a brand. It was kind of informative and not just a rickroll though so kudos on that.

Magic is growing all the time, and especially as some folks give it up I know that I'm increasingly in the minority being from Old Frame dinosaur times, but I will contend that you've given me very little to indicate a single-year doubling as the initial quote indicated.

If you've got more though, I actually find this kind of fascinating.
>>
>>52636458
2012 was 5 years ago my freind.
>>
>>52636323
You could brew Minotaur tribal, with a minotaur commander, if you decided to go mono red and lose out on a lot of the tribal cards that actually inspired the deck (ragemonger, kragma, fellhide). That, or you had to compromise and go with Mogis. This new spoiler fixes that.

You could brew Werewolf tribal, but you could not have a werewolf commander. Ulrich fixed that, even if he is a garbage commander (tribal brewers do not care).

You could brew Cleric tribal, but you had to go mono-W, mono-B, and lose out on Edgewalker, Starlit Sanctum, whatever good clerics the opposite color offered. Or you could go Evangela with a blue splash, which was annoying because you'd have to pull up her oracle'd subtype. Ayli fixed that.
>>
>>52636458
>very little to indicate a single-year doubling as the initial quote indicated.

Where did I say this?

I said that since Return to Ravnica the Magic playerbase has more than doubled. Return to Ravnica was 2012, 5 years ago.

> I wonder on the veracity of assuming fewer than 10% of Magic players

The largest playerbase segment is kitchen table; people who dont go to FNM ever. Thats why the ad cards exist as these players exist in the world that they would neer find out about FNM any other way.

>Also, since "You must figure there are 10 to 20 casual players for every serious DCI player" seems to be your words

Not my article bro.

>Also your shareholder document

Not my shareholder document bro.
>>
>>52636514
Those are all distinct situations.
>>
>>52636524
BUUUUUUUUURN
>>
>>52636524
>since Return to Ravnica
>since

>>52636218
>more than doubled after Return the Ravnica
>after

One of these looked like you were implying an immediate concequence. If since is all you meant you're probably right by now, especially given imperfect retention.
>>
>>52635028
are there even enough minotaur (theros block comes to mind) tribal to even make a minotaur edh?
>>
File: 1489702394072.jpg (69KB, 540x323px) Image search: [Google]
1489702394072.jpg
69KB, 540x323px
Bored creature based combo player here. What should I play? I enjoyed Sidisi and Karador cause it had another graveyard based line to it. Idk what to play anymore.

Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>52636608
not anything worth playing unless you like piles of cow shit
>>
>>52636579
>implying
I've found your problem. You read too deep into my message on a Chinese cartoon website.
>>
Anyone here watch Command Knights?
They can be sometimes cringey but the production value during their games is pretty good.
Any other good production(ish) commander youtube channels? im subbed to them and Lab Maniacs
>>
>>52636620
Yeah, that would be it. Stay cool bro.
>>
>>52636610
animar
what's cloudstone curio's CMC? isn't there something in AER that searches it...? Doesn't U have access to artifact tutors? And instant/sorcery tutors for the artifact tutors?
>>
>>52636630
SCG Commander Versus Series.
>>
>>52636610
Step out of your comfort zone. Play Wort Spellslinger. If you're really ballsy, go mizzix
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>52635028
>>52635080
>>52636052
ALL MY CREATURES ARE MINOTAURS!

>>52636579
wew lad
that's reaching far away for some long as straws.
>>
>>52636537
They are all situations in which Wizards took a long time to print tribal legendary cards for commander in colors that made sense. Theros should have had a BR minotaur legend. Innistrad should've had a RG werewolf legend. A BW cleric legend has been needed for a while. In the context of "X tribal was always possible, you just have to compromise in a massive way", they're all very similar.
>>
>>52636630
Man I had to stop watching the new one with that Melissa cause they would not stop jerking her off like jesus christ melissa this melissa that like I get it man but please.
I also like Game plays by Clonehead. They have some good content.
>>
>>52636610
Grenzo Doomsday is fun, as is Selvala.
>>
>>52636738
Ive seen that doomsday list and its a little rich for my blood. There is a "budget" verison for like 800$
Think I could budget it up any more or would it lose its potency?
>>
>>52636720
yeah she got really good looking wtf happened
>>
>>52636720
oh my bad i thought you wrote you couldnt stop jerking off
>>
>>52636831
good lighting
she seems to have lost some belly
I don't think she's attractive but she's not an uggo
>>
>>52636637
Trophy Mage, yeah. But you don't even need it anymore with Ancestral Statue and other recent shenanigans.
>>
>>52636861
I was just saying that there are ways to tutor up Curio as well.
>>
>>52636904
Yeah, with all tutors plus new cards you can make it very redundant. Animar can be very cutthroat.
>>
>>52636904
>>52636938
Is he fun I guess is what I want. Ive played Hermit Druid Sidisi, Boonweaver Karador, And Food Chain Derevi and I'm just getting bored with basically the same wincon everytime.
>>
>>52636756
Totally dude. It's as jank as you want it to be. To tone it down add in all the dumb infinite mana combos.

>>52636961
You might not even want combo then.
>>
>>52636961
You can do a lot with Animar. In the same deck you can jam combos to bounce all permanents, or generate infinite mana and pump that into multiple manasinks or just burn it all with Purphoros and friends. Also, combat damage. You obviously sacrifice a bit of consistency but if you are tired of tutoring the same combo again and again spinning the wheel will help make different wins each game.
>>
>>52636961
>builds decks designed around one specific combo
>complains that it's just the same wincon

Do you have brain problems?
>>
>>52637155
Im saying I like versatility. Like a ton of lines to get there. I like Food chain cause you need several cards but with sidisi its labman.dec and karador is play boonweaver sac and win
>>
>>52636379
Gisela for extra commander damage, Assemble the legion for spare tokens, and Aurelia for the extra attack trigger giving you a second battallion trigger.

Main thing you probs want is token generation for battallion triggers, extra combat phases, and damage doublers and I think you'll do okay.
>>
>>52636854
She had the same "I'm smiling on the outside but on the inside I have no mouth and I must scream" face for the entire video.
>>
What do you guys think about Rishkar as a casual fun counters swarm/ramp deck?
>>
>>52637361
Bad obviously.
>>
>>52637201
The only deck in commander with lines is Storm.
>>
>>52637381
Thats not true
>>
>>52636961
You can take out all infinite combos and just have a few counterspells, rift then just ETB value stuff like manowar, mulldrifter and then giant fatties like eldrazi, jin-gitaxis, and Xenagos, Surrak, and Temur Ascendancy to give them haste. I actually just started to work on a Timmy af casual /Animar list. The two decks I have are Xenagos and Kruphix, just to play big Eldrazi n stuff.
>>
I also want to play a Kruphix deck and I want to include a small GY recursion land package of the 4 cycling lands, Life from the Loam, Crop Rotation, Dryad Arbor, GSZ, etc. What sort of utility lands would you include? I already have Maze of Ith, Homeward Path, Strip Mine and enough colored sources.
>>
>>52637703
I don't play the cycling lands because I value ETB untapped lands but I do run a single Crop Rotation. Life From the Loam is meh without the cycling lands. You can certainly play them if your group is casual enough.

Here's my land base.

COLORLESS/UTILITY
Academy Ruins
Alchemist's Refuge
Command Beacon (Might swap to Temple of the False God)
Geier Reach Sanitarium
Homeward Path
Maze of Ith
Reliquary Tower
Wasteland (I don't own a Strip Mine)

UNTAPPED COLORED SOURCES
Tropical Island
Breeding Pool
Command Tower
Hinterland Harbor
Flooded Grove
Yavimaya Coast
Minamo, School at Water's Edge
9 Island
8 Forest

TAPPED COLORS
Dryad Arbor has summoning sickness. One game I crop rotated for this at end step after Rifting to steal the Monarch
Botanical Sanctum (feels so good to draw early)
Lumbering Falls
Simic Growth Chamber
Temple of Mystery

the tapped duals could be basics and/or more utility lands.
>>
>>52637797
Why don't you have Tolarian West?! It's Cancel on a super premium if you want to search up pact of negation but it also searches any land.

>>52637703
The artifact lands too if you want to Whir or Trinket Mage/Fabricate for them.
>>
File: 1448208764907.jpg (103KB, 451x302px) Image search: [Google]
1448208764907.jpg
103KB, 451x302px
>>52636524
>Return to Ravnica was 2012, 5 years ago.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/floating-coffin/

Where do we go from here?

And do we even care?
>>
>>52638417
>Where do we go from here?
The words are coming out all weird
Where are you now, when I need you

Door of Destinies, minotaur with inspired that heat shimmers stuff, Waste Not and that one artifact that draws cards when opponent's discard (or maybe not if you want to go hellbent).
>>
>>52638417
>imperil seal
>>
>>52638455
I literally have foil Geth's Grimoire in the list.
>>
>>52638607
Yeah I realized that later. Also wtf I just checked the full list of minotaur and there's not even a handful.
>>
>>52638635
Yeah and most of them are awful, hence why they aren't on the list.
>>
>>52638417
Mindslicer is the best Honorary Minotaur.
>Delirium Skeins
>Siphon Mind
Going all-in on hellbent is probably a trap, but I love the effect and flavor of Nihilistic Glee.
Since you're in RB you might want some Sulfuric Vortex effects to force the game into sudden death.
>>
>>52629810
>as if wotc would skip the opportunity to print money
>>
>>52638700
I've got Skeins and Nihilistic Glee in my pile, as well as Waste Not.

I just don't have them foiled.
>>
>>52635028
SO FUCKING LONG HAVE I WAITED FOR THIS COW

I'M SO HAPPY.
THANK YOU BASED WIZARDS, FOR MAKING SHIT SPIDER AND WEREWOLF TRIBAL COMMANDERS WHEN PEOPLE WANTED THEM, AND THEN YOU ANSWER MY PRAYERS FOR A COWKING.
>>
File: salute.jpg (103KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
salute.jpg
103KB, 500x427px
>>52637259

Thanks senpai, I'll definitely add those in
>>
Voice of Resurgence
Wayfaring temple
Desolation Twin
True Conviction
Elixir of Immortality.

I can only use one of these on my EDH, as I only have a free slot, which one should I use? Commander is Trostani.

I took out some 3CMC shit bc I never played it.
>>
>>52639012
Only some of those do related things.

Of those Voice is obviously the best.
>>
>>52639012
>Voice of Resurgence
>Doubling Season
>Trostani

Do it anon, just do it.
>>
>>52639012
Do you see yourself milling out? If not, no point in Elixir, and Wheel of Sun and Moon is better.

Twin gets you a HUGE token to populate. Do you have enough of those?

Voice does something similar. Conviction is an anthem-relative. I;d probably take Voice unless you need the big token from Twin.
>>
>>52639221
Oh, I didn't know Wheel of Sun and Moon.

I might take a slot for it, a guy of our group really likes mill decks and that would help me.

I don't really play big tokens, quantity over quality applies because of Behemoth. I'll probably playtest all of them, but Voice of Resurgence seems to be the better option according to you guys.
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.