[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Inquisitorius Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 81

File: velrom-finished-redux.jpg (383KB, 1920x2586px) Image search: [Google]
velrom-finished-redux.jpg
383KB, 1920x2586px
Previous thread: >>52583424

A spectacle light-years ahead of its time.

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

What custom Inquisitors have you come up with?
>>
File: Doom_Baron_of_Hell.gif (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Doom_Baron_of_Hell.gif
7KB, 200x200px
>>52622003
For a second there, I thought that was a Baron of Hell and got excited about Dark Forces getting the Doom 2016 treatment. Damn.
>>
Is the Force system in Edge of the Empire at all worth using for PCs?
>>
File: 148176450432e4285.jpg (620KB, 1000x663px) Image search: [Google]
148176450432e4285.jpg
620KB, 1000x663px
>>52622065
It can be, but it's a lot less complex than full-on FAD.
>>
>>52622201
Works for me. I'm a greenhorn to the system and have a potential player interested in being a non-trained Force user, so I don't wanna go 'sure, use x' before I have any grasp of the system.
>>
File: Gelato man.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Gelato man.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>Anon, can I play as a grey jedi?
>>
File: 1490780703908.jpg (20KB, 480x304px) Image search: [Google]
1490780703908.jpg
20KB, 480x304px
>>52616651
>>52616842
Still waiting mate...
>>
File: 1490925086517.jpg (87KB, 856x640px) Image search: [Google]
1490925086517.jpg
87KB, 856x640px
>>52622281
>>
First for the Empire and Tarkin Doctrine.
>>
>>52622723
>Never tell me the odds
>>
Post characters. Minds a Hutt Executioner named Zerudo. Badass Hutt who wants to go back to the Hutt's warrior ways. Is seen as an outcast and nut job by the rest of his species but his mom who is a wealthy leader of a cartel loves him dearly and supports his endeavors any way she can monetarily.
>>
>>52622723
Fuck off RLM autist
>>
File: alien3.jpg (436KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
alien3.jpg
436KB, 1200x1800px
>>52622821
Trandoshan bounty hunter. Enjoys watching the faces of smugglers as she scuttles their ships.

She's a nemesis character in my EotE game.
>>
>>52622837
>Muh RLM
Prequels were regarded as garbage by everyone except for fanboy millenials long before RLM even existed.
>>
>>52622944
I've pretty much chalked up Prequel defense as yet more 4chan (and especially /tv/) contrarianism. Only way to be cool is to have different opinions from normies, right?
>>
>>52622984
Prequel apologists are not the majority on 4chan, they're simply very loud. If you want to see a place where prequels are actually actively defended, take a look at reddit
>>
File: RaiderClassCorvette.jpg (693KB, 4534x1916px) Image search: [Google]
RaiderClassCorvette.jpg
693KB, 4534x1916px
What would be the minimum crew requirement for a corvette or light cruiser? Something like the CR90, or pic related.

I know there's at least one episode of the Clone Wars where a Republic cruiser was piloted by two people, and the wiki lists the minimum crew of the blockade runner a about 7.

Also by minimum crew I mean, enough people to fly the ship properly and fire the weapons.
>>
>>52623532
This tends to vary a lot based on a given ship. "And fire the weapons" will put your crew numbers up, generally, since gunners tend to be actual crew.
>>
>>52623532

What >>52623561 said.

Minimum crew to fly a ship can be as little as one or two people, you might get away with just a pilot and a co-pilot or navigator to hit the right buttons. But there's very little automation in SW unless you go installing expensive and non-standard droid brains. So like "with guns" is gonna be a number directly proportional to your weapon systems.
>>
File: 1490709398495.gif (349KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1490709398495.gif
349KB, 350x233px
>>52623461
That is fucking blatantly false. Reddit Letter Media hates the prequels and I fucking bet you are a falseflagging Reddit piece of shit.
>>
>>52623883
stop shitting up the thread. Nobody cares.
Talk about a fucking game for once.
>>
So maybe to get back in a game topic, last thread I threw out this >>52619367 as kind of advice, but as much me working through an idea, and I'd like to if anybody has any thoughts about it, is it actually a good direction to think about fighter-focused games like this.
>>
The last 2 FFG games I've played have fallen apart after the first 2 sessions. Same formula. Everything is great first game, great the second game, until a player and the GM disagree on something. Player leaves and the GM deletes the group or the GM just deletes the group.

I just want to play my own Star Wars story.
I don't understand why people can't put aside differences or personal vendettas for the sake of a good game.
Side topic, anyone want need a new player?
>>
>>52623532

Friends Like these has a statblock for the Raider II. It gives a complement of 15 officers + 77 enlisted, with room for 30 troopers. It also has...8 distinct weapon emplacements. Going off of that, I'd put minimum skeleton + guns crew at 12. 8 gunners, a pilot, a sensor operator, and a couple dudes in the engine room to keep power flowing. Might need more bridge crew, but Star Wars has never been that specific about bridge requirements.
>>
>>52623532
My overall figure for minimum "keep it flying, if not necessary very well" number would be all told about 1/3 the listed full crew number, plus however many gunners are needed. If you were just trying to operate it for one shift a day rather than full time skeleton, I'd go as low as 15% of the optimum crew plus gunners
>>
>>52624070
What was the disagreement?
>>
>>52624228
First was GM made a call with the context of how a player felt because of a failed roll.
Player thought his character would not feel that

Second was over a player losing an arm.
>>
>>52624000

Other anon from that discussion. There's a few things to keep in mind.

First off, rebel and imperial pilots don't talk in the air. They're on separate frequencies the other doesn't know. They never talk in the films or TV shows and only very rarely in the books with a prior reason to. Squadmates can talk to each other, but unless rebels specifically hack into imperial channels they wouldn't know what was going on. Hacking in the middle of a dogfight is also retarded in that you and your astro droid are more busy keeping shields up and not getting shot.

I'm using d6 and personally lock weapon systems to one shot and one target a round. That makes multiple linked guns more valuable and cuts down on wacky shit like all four of an X-Wings guns targeting fighters flying in different directions. Realistically unless you can do something similarly wacky in your system and won't houserule it you get one round of solid fire before those TIE's will try to juke, swerve off in different directions to evade, and shoot back if they have line of sight. You can get one TIE fighter in the initial exchange, and maybe a second one in the following round if you're smart, but by then any fighters who broke off in the other direction will have looped around and began firing on you, so you'll have to consider how offensively you want to play and if you want to break off yourself.

I've run a number of scenarios and nobody has ever actually made ace in a day. I don't think anyone has even made ace in two. The highest anyone's ever got is three fighters. It's a consistent three since you have minmaxed characters, force users who will freely abuse every point and power they get, and people who've just been playing so long their characters are super good at what they do, but enemy pilots who don't want to die will maneuver pretty damn well with their life on the line.
>>
>>52624070

One of the fighter anons here. If you're willing to do D6 I just had an opening.
>>
>>52624283
>Second was over a player losing an arm.
Yeah, my players are always clamoring for opportunities to lose arms. I'd be fine with letting them but one of them started without an arm already, so I've been hesitant because I don't want them treading over her flavor.
>>
>>52624305
I have never played, definitely willing to learn it though.
Discord? I can make an email to drop if you dont want a public link

>>52624354
I... I have not heard of players competing to lose limbs. This player was very upset he lost an arm in the second game, despite the fact we had money for a replacement.
>>
>>52624391

Email is ok. I'll drop you a line ASAP.

It's a text only game on roll20 right now.

And losing limbs gives an appeal to characters. It's become a substitute for development.
>>
>>52624409
[email protected]

And that sad. I get the desire to develop fast, but its a slow burn to make a good character
>>
>>52624283
>Second was over a player losing an arm.
Just play a Trandoshan. That way you can just grow it back.
>>
>>52623532
Easiest way to do it is to have whatever you need of your actual PCs to fulfill important positions on the ship, and have the rest of the astromech and gunnery grunt work populated by droids. Just treat them like part of the ship.
>>
>>52624431
Smart race choice.
But in FFGSW, limb replacement isn't crazy hard or ridiculous. Its not super cheap, but if your party aren't assholes you can afford it pretty quick.

Or just run like >>52624354
Accept it as part of your flavor and use it to develop your character
>>
>>52624491
>limb replacement isn't crazy hard or ridiculous. Its not super cheap, but if your party aren't assholes you can afford it pretty quick.
I play a loner Trandoshan who spends every credit as fast as he gets it and would, if offered, refuse to take party money he didn't earn.
I want to get him a Heavy Blaster Rifle, if only he could save up for one...
>>
>>52624428

Invite sent.
>>
>>52624291

Well, "imps and rebs don't talk" is kind of a dumb, arbitrary decision, isn't it? I mean, it defies the nature and the basic advice nearly every RPG has about antagonists, to give them characterization. You can totally just hop on an open channel and yell to everyone with radios if you need to taunt - and in several points in the X-Wing novels do pilots take that moment to figure out which imperial frequency the enemy is running and engage in discourse with other pilots - though I agree that's something you have to take a moment for that to work, not something necessarily you do in a pitched battle. But I'll stand by advice I and several people gave, if you don't want it to get dull you can't have every situation turned to 11 ADRENALINE HIGH, HEAVEN OR HELL all the time. You should encourage the opportunity to interact with the scenario and roleplay and not cut if off at the knees because it's not military-appropriate. There's a lot of fudge room in a setting as pulpy as SW.

FFG, my currently preferred system basically has the restrictions you're talking about baked in - weapon systems are locked to their facing and linked according to their frame, so you only get one attack per system - though if you roll well enough with a fire-linked system you can have multiples hit.

I don't think I've ever had a player make ace in a day either, at least not a character do the equivalent when they were already a highly experienced ace level player, but I also accept it's theoretically possible. I've seen dice do some weird things, and if the roll was good enough, a player could crush multiple minion TIEs in a single sweep. As a GM I kind of advise against such bunching up, I tend to make minions wingman pairs or half-flight threesomes, but the appeal of big blocks of 4-5 TIEs all in a tight formation for their fire to hit much harder comes at the risk a bunch of them might eat a torpedo or something. But y'know, it could happen.
>>
>>52624070
>Player leaves and the GM deletes the group or the GM just deletes the group.

Such is the scourge of online games. Low player investment = low reward.

Real life helps mitigate these disputes. People tend to behave themselves in groups. It's a social thing - there are too many pairs of eyes on you to get into random dick-measuring contests.

The main this is... take your time. Help work the dispute out. Don't pick sides. Watch some Day[9] to adjust your attitude towards loss and conflict.
>>
>>52624747

If you want a conversation, do it when you aren't going five times the speed of sound and being shot at. The X-Wing novels do that exactly once, really late in, and basically never else. It was a big occasion between two people who had supposedly already met out of fighters multiple times, who was a fake and was being paid to talk more than fly. It doesn't happen beyond then. If you want to communicate what an enemy is doing, either use pirates who don't play it tight or do it nonverbally. If you want to introduce an antagonist, do it on the ground or by reputation. If your enemy TIE ace is sending out seventh grade taunts it doesn't actually do all that much.
>>
File: 1486426676005.jpg (355KB, 1920x834px) Image search: [Google]
1486426676005.jpg
355KB, 1920x834px
>>52624747
>Well, "imps and rebs don't talk" is kind of a dumb, arbitrary decision, isn't it? I mean, it defies the nature and the basic advice nearly every RPG has about antagonists, to give them characterization.

Precisely.

They never talked in the movies and shows because Space Opera did not require them to talk.

But if your Space Opera game requires it, you bet your left tit they'll be able to talk. It's genre-appropriate. It's convenient. It makes a ton of sense for the type of game you want tor run.

And making Ace in a day can happen in this genre. It's the sort of thing that leads to great stories (about failure, loss, hopelessness, isolation, redemption, overconfidence, the weight of responsibility, and the triumph of good over evil, young over old, and hope over despair).
>>
>>52624815

You're the GM, it's your rules. But unless someone rolls amazingly and plays smart ace in a day won't happen unless you basically hand it to your players and they're cool with enemies just failing to evade or fire back in a meaningful way, or else completely abandoning tactics. But at that point it's not a "great story", it's you patronizing everyone else.
>>
File: frederic-bennett-e-wing-ship.jpg (724KB, 1920x2529px) Image search: [Google]
frederic-bennett-e-wing-ship.jpg
724KB, 1920x2529px
>>52624859
>But unless someone rolls amazingly and plays smart ace in a day won't happen

Not disagreeing. It's possible, but it shouldn't be likely, easy, or trivial. It should be the sort of thing that makes everyone go "oh shit, is he the Chosen One or something"? And then maybe it turns out it was a fluke, and he slips back into mediocrity. Or maybe he keeps going, with more and more responsibility and more dangerous missions because his superiors know 'he can take it'?

All sorts of good story arcs.
>>
>>52624781
The first one I tried to mediate. Play the middle, keep the group. I was having a blast and wanted to keep playing. Second one I just sat out. Figured if the group fell it fell.
I understand the attitude a little. In person, you will probably see these people again plus reputation in the area is smaller and more important. Like you said, its a little more difficult to do this shit in person.
Online is just so disposable. Its a good and a bad thing.
>>
>>52624949
I hear that. Not the original guy, but part of what sucks with online is that since you don't actually know the other people, there's a greatly lessened "obligation" to continue to show up. When it's in person, it feels like more of a responsibility, whereas online it's easier to just drop.
>>
>>52624781

I love the shape of that ship. I don't know that changing the angle of the front plates does much, but it looks pretty star wars-y, and has a wonderful lopsided shape.
>>
>>52624815

Is that a statted ship? I know there's a twin-tail something, but I think it's tails are wider set than this one.
>>
>>52625091
No idea, but probably not.

Doubt it would be difficult to stat though.
>>
>>52624747
You people talk like every game is Rebels vs. Imperials and every game the Imperials are the antagonists.
>>
>>52625152
I mean, that is how the game is designed.
Any imperial campaign is essentially a homebrew.
>>
>>52625193
Edge of the Empire has a motivation designed for supporting the Empire, and one for stopping the Rebellion.
>>
>>52625200
Too bad they're talking about Age of Rebellion
>>
>>52624812

Actually, it happened a couple of times. Hell, I think even in the bacta war it happened multiple times in one book, though you are right that it's a climax moment, but still. Oh and in the original Wraith, Dinner Squadron and Silly Squadron. Don't you dare discount a classic moment. But it's not like I arbitrarily threw it out there either, my example was, y'know, the dramatic comeback moment.

>>52624890
>>52624815

Oh yeah, I agree it'd be hard, and mechanically the best way to do it would be HELLA dangerous rocket tag sort of shit, so it's not an easy task.

But it's dramatic as fuck. It's the kind of thing people here about, and it's a move that should come back into the narrative more than once. I was just brainstorming about a situation where a player burns through most of a flight of TIEs - that kind of exploit comes back, and in mecha anime it usually comes back in that the one guy you didn't kill became a broken shell of a man who devotes his life for REVENGE. Or maybe your team killed a whole flight, and they have a subordinate or a superior who is offended, or a loved one, or whatever. Just, y'know, have that dramatic arc come back around.
>>
>>52625252
>>52625200

Well, specifically, I'm the one quoted at the top of the chain and I'm talking about AoR at least. A merc fighters game in EotE could be okay, but even hunting rebs for the bounties that can't mean a lot of conflicts with rebel forces.

And anyway, the original reference point is how TIE fighters are build kind of as that ideal, mass production ship. The kind of thing A solid protagonist can blow through a few of in the first episode, maybe more - even in his dad's old Z-95 beater. And if doesn't matter for narrative convenience, you never have to ask "where does the empire get more TIEs?". You can do different things, but that changes the narrative dynamic.

Though, with the way Rebels is, I suppose TIE pilots could cut their teeth on gen 1 A-Wings these days...
>>
>>52625351

Are FF TIE's that fucked up? In d6 and d20 a Z-95 has a really hard time against them due to worse speed and lackluster weapons. You can take them on with missiles, but since those are a PC resource your players do have to keep track of them and buy more.
>>
>>52622003
Those helicopter sabers are literally the dumbest thing in NuCanon so far.
>>
>>52625433
They have an advantage on mobility, but are held back by the fact that the standard Imp Pilot has shit skills.
>>
>>52622944
No?
ROTS was and is looked at as a good movie by your metric.
Not defending critic taste, but you appealed to "everyone", so hey.
>>
>>52624781
This is the only time that particular ship looked cool. I wish they could have translated this design better into the game.

Also, the transforming forward armor or whatever is stupid.
>>
>>52625433

It's kind of a debatable situation. The TIE has a little less armor and health, and the Z has a single point of forward shields, but the TIE has the better handling, top speed and slightly better guns - and they both have the same system strain (so resistance to ion or system damage or stress as opposed to hull integrity). They also cost about the same and have the same rarity. They should be comparable for most purposes.

But the point isn't necessarily that they're comparable, but rather that a solid player should be able to push the limit a little if they're playing the role of "pilot" (explicitly "THE ACE" in Age of Rebellion) and your GM isn't hard-balling you, the skill level for a couple of "minions" (y'know, TV extras) in TIEs should be below enough to make the difference. Your GM can play harder, but that should be something to agree to do dependant on the tone of your campaign and the skill/challenge level of the players and their characters. Like if everybody is fighter pilots, feel free to give them a bit of run for their money.
>>
>>52625550

I guess that's consistent. Imp pilots have always been kind of shit in base fighters.
>>
>>52625550
>>52625598
>>52625433

Basically, a TIE/LN in FFG will almost assuredly pop in one hit against anybody who can roll worth a damn, unless the enemy is REALLY undergunned (coughKihraxzcough). But they're nimble and fast as fuck in a chase or maneuver situation.

A Z-95 might not pop in one shot, or might be the difference between a kill that can't be guaranteed with guns requiring a missile or torp shot.

But yes the real divide is that a solo TIE pilot is just some guy who is only a threat with like 1-3 friends and a player is typically a slight cut above that.
>>
>>52625655

The Z also has the advantage that it's got a couple of hardpoints for modifications - so if you had the time and money, you can make some improvements, like hide a chaff launcher in the back or slap a battering ram on the front. Or just bolt more armor or better shields in the back.
>>
>>52625707

Or all terrain legs.
>>
>>52625603
No more shit than average pilot NPCs.

If you as the GM play them intelligently, TIEs are deadly. They outmaneuver and outrun everything and their twin-linked cannon is nothing to laugh at.

Imperial campaigns with TIE pilots have them chopping up X-Wings just as X-Wings chop up TIEs in Rebel campaigns.
>>
File: Pilot Example.png (10KB, 228x614px) Image search: [Google]
Pilot Example.png
10KB, 228x614px
>>52625598

I think there's a bit of a difference in what we're going for.

The way I see it, if you're playing on a map with pilot tokens, then every pilot can usually try something and a lot of the time basic maneuvers aren't hard to roll for. It's not a question of if they can just flat dodge something or hit a target by itself, but where on the map each fighter is. If it's flat rolls vs rolls, then yes, one heroic character can fuck up a whole squadron of TIE fighters all damn day.

But if you have a decent number of TIE's, then even if they never do anything particularly fancy you can always have it so one or two will be flanking a PC until you've taken a few down.

Here's one random example. Lets assume that our blue pilot runs straight at three TIE fighters in red. In the first round he blasts one without issue and the other two break off in opposing directions. He maneuvers to go after the second TIE, and blasts it. But when he pulls back to take on the third, the third is also swinging around to take him on and it effectively becomes a game of quick draw. Even if you blow up the initial fighter the other two will shoot at you, and while you're clear on the second round on the third it's technically anyone's game. So you have to dodge the fighter attacks three times.

It's a bit of an extreme imbalance at 1 v 3, but it illustrates the point. Even mediocre pilots can use basic maneuvers to flank and get a couple of shots off. Though I'm not sure how big the gap plays out in gameplay during an FF game.
>>
>>52625554
Let's see that's a D+ from the critics and an F from users. Ya, some real high quality film right there.
>>
>>52625554
>>52625967

Yeah, in the grand scheme those numbers don't inspire a lot of confidence. They show that the audience thought it was mostly just ok and critics were divided but thought it was slightly above average.

It's not a bad movie and wasn't judged as such. But to say it was great kind of isn't realistic in an era where anything lower than a 70% is seen as total garbage.
>>
>>52625912

Well, that's the thing though, in FFG you don't necessarily need to bust out the tokens. There's no hard distances, facing matters but there's no rule that you can't just turn to any facing. The distances are much squishier to step away from grid basis, and in running several types of games, I've never had players feel the need for a tac map, they've always been able to operate just on describing a situation and saying "Oh, he's down a long hallway, so he's a medium distance away", or something.

So while you're limited in the amount of actions you can do (and you can do maneuvers and shoot in the same turn, those aren't the same "type" of action) technically nothing stops you from just jousting back and forth with the guy. You can spend an action specifically to "gain the advantage" which means you do your crazy dogfight maneuvers and can choose to be in the rear or to the side or whatever - but you lose the opportunity to attack. And so the other guy has an opportunity to take it back next turn - though GtA gets harder and harder each time.

Of course, to keep things more balanced I and a lot of people tend to make checks like that opposed, skill vs skill modified by relative difference and ships (rather than the default of entirely dependant on ships) - and the crux of the issue that unless you are actively trying to seriously murder a PC (as opposed to just, invoke a reasonable challenge which may or may not kill a PC) those three TIE pilots are minions. They can be very dangerous bunched up, but that means they have to act in concert. If you scrub one in the first pass, the two can try and maneuver around behind you but they have to both do it. If they break and go on their own, they can trade for being seperate targets with seperate actions, but In my experience with FFG's rolling mechanics that will make them so shitty they won't be able to do anything that matters. Though I've gotten lucky with minions rolling 2-3 green dice before.
>>
>>52622281
If you mean a Jedi who occasionally disagrees with the Council in the vein of Qui-Gon or the entire Corellian sect, sure.
If you mean retarded kreia-wanking "balance between light and dark" bullshit, get the fuck out of my house.
>>
>>52626328

Now, you could pit a single player in a single fighter vs 2 or 3 "rival" caliber enemies, who mostly approach the same competence as starting PCs. But that is basically straight up 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 odds. Unless you're deliberately building a very challenging, lethal narrative or a player is choosing at risk of his own life to dive into a situation where his skills will be met with 2-3 more times the skill that's not the way to go. That ends up with PCs as stains in space, and players wondering "Hey, GM, is this encounter balanced properly?". That's, y'know, stuff you work out beforehand and with people who have experience with the game. That's the sort of situation where you want to put players on a roughly even footing, and then with a Nemesis you should have the entire party go at them, or them plus some elite, cool-looking minions.

I mean, this is kind of how I started spitballing with the idea of pulling inspiration for a fighter game from mecha anime. If you're a headline protagonist, you can start scratching a couple of faceless no-names an episode, maybe more. You might even fine some enemies in better fighters or with decent skills who can keep up one on one. But you might also build up to an enemy ace (a Nemesis-class encounter) who has amazing skills and a unique machine which pushes you to your limit to solo, or requires multiple quality pilots working together to fell. Y'know, it's not necessarily about rational, sensible or even an externally logical path, but a story path that requires consistent internal logic and verisimilitude, which feels right for the moment and what you've built before.
>>
>>52625707
As long as mechanics keep finding ways to improve this baby, the Headhunter will never be outdated.
>>
>>52626328
>>52626438

That sounds kind of weak to be honest. It means that your players know that they'll be more or less invulnerable despite being seriously outnumbered consistently. In d6 and d20 the odds of a TIE pilot actually getting you may be low, but you can split them up and force the players to maneuver and make the dogfight much more involved than an abstract.
>>
>>52625732
AT-ZT
>>
>>52626476
It really only becomes an issue if the GM is only sending bog standard TIEs in small groups. TIE pilots have essentially the same stat block as storm troopers: complete with the "the more of them there are, the more yellow die they have" rule.

Throw in an advanced or a defender or back them up with a Gozanti or something bigger, and watch the players make for hyperspace
>>
>>52626476

I mean, individual TIEs can chip damage and really grind you down, but on their own they won't do really great - and really shouldn't. They aren't great, they're just extras.

They're much scarier if you stack them together, but then for that to make sense and work, they have to all be working as a unit. When they shoot at you, all of them are firing a big screen at you. If a flight drops in behind you they all position to try and get in your blank spot. That's really scary - but again, that makes players dead exceptionally fast. You have to learn to feel out and find a sweet spot between "And the squadron of 12 TIEs each in 3 man groups just eats you alive" and "four local yokel TIE pilots each break off individually and try and gun you down by themselves".

I say the charm and involvement comes from the wider situation. Like, okay, sometimes you send a wave of TIEs at them to remind them how close they flirt with death, but other times they have other stuff to worry about - like killing a wave of bombers+escorts before they reach the rebel base.

Or probably my best and most tense space encounter, one PC is literally the last man out in the party's hot-rodded freighter, he's not even the designated pilot but they were all in actual fighters for the mission, and so he and a couple of repurposed droids as gunners have to flee through the debris field and get out of range of the Interdictor, while a Inquisitor in an advanced with a couple squints flanking is glued to his ass. Was it statistically likely she was actually gonna blow him out of space? Naw. Was it still really dramatic and had some moments where it really was up to the dice because of player's decision making? Aw ye.
>>
>>52626650
>>52626781

It's not a question of making them more difficult as a group, it's a question of them maneuvering around and having the ability to use tactics as a group.

When you abstract that to a certain point I feel the threat is gone. Yes, a group of three or four TIE's can be a danger, but that's because they're all holding on single file and just coming in as a wave.
>>
File: AT-AP.jpg (77KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
AT-AP.jpg
77KB, 1280x960px
So, the AT-AP seems like a nod to German and Russian (And to some degree experimental British) Casemate style Tank Destroyers/Assault guns OR the Swedish S-tank, but there's one huge problem with it: Legs don't really work with a casemate style front gun since they need to turn to aim and need to stand to turn.

How would you fix this while still keeping a SW look?
>>52625967
Pretty sure 79 is a C+, and 65 is juuuuust barely above an F/
>>
File: david-kolodziej-screenshot10.jpg (127KB, 1680x1000px) Image search: [Google]
david-kolodziej-screenshot10.jpg
127KB, 1680x1000px
>>52627404
Put it on a TIE fighter.
>>
File: ronald-forster-atskstflight.jpg (251KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ronald-forster-atskstflight.jpg
251KB, 1920x1080px
>>52627458
But what about the legs, I hear you ask?

Got that sorted too.
>>
>>52627404
I wonder if that one Oppressor tanktruck in Rogue One built on the real tankette chasis is wide enough to serve as a base? Probably not but scale it up and it may just work.
>>
File: Raith Seinar Approved.jpg (152KB, 800x576px) Image search: [Google]
Raith Seinar Approved.jpg
152KB, 800x576px
>>52627530
Oh my
>>
File: wtraTP5.gif (5MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
wtraTP5.gif
5MB, 480x270px
I'm sure this has been posted dozens of times, but I just watched this for the first time today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

The goosebumps are strong with this one.
>>
>>52629200

That got made here. That entire thing was literally just one autist from /m/ doing it for free in his spare time.
>>
>>52626374
>If you mean retarded kreia-wanking "balance between light and dark" bullshit, get the fuck out of my house.
That wasn't even what Kreia said. That was some other bullshit Dark Jedi Plot
>>
File: 1490929954186.jpg (77KB, 640x632px) Image search: [Google]
1490929954186.jpg
77KB, 640x632px
Hey /swg/ do i need a media fire account to download the Star wars rpg system?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>52629880

No, you shouldn't?
>>
File: hondo.jpg (84KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
hondo.jpg
84KB, 800x450px
>>52629880
Shouldn't need it, but if you're in the shit I know a mega account which has a lot of stuff in it

https://mega.nz/#F!blI01Jga!6uL6fLHF2rJFKDN57E14WQ
>>
>>52625497
Agreed, but can we just let it go? That happened in one single Rebels episode and hasn't happened ever since. And that episode had a lot of other cool stuff happening to boot.
>>
>>52622003
Inquisitor Lanius - The Grand Inquisitor before Pau'un fella Kanan kills. Murdered a boat load of Jedi and was finally killed by a Corellian Guardian in 10BBY.

We also have:

Turen Wreathe - a Zabrak maximum Force power user. Also had Cortosis powers to punch the shit out of people. Killed by the Selonian Bounty Hunter during the same battle as the Corellian killed Lanius. Was the "Monk" (see below, only just remembered)

The Herglic and The Givin - A combo team of a "Paladin" and a "Scholar" from FFXIV. Herglic is massive and tanky, Givin is a healer who does Force power magic. Fought them a couple of times, but not yet won or lost.

The Human woman and The Chagrian - This combo is the "Bard" and the "Warrior", and were waiting for the party on the Wild Space world once used by Revan for his war against the extragalactic threat. The Corellian made a VERY grudging truce with them when a huge, ancient war machine started up and began destroying shit. Last seen in a badly damaged ship flying away from the fortress robot as the party flew in.

Rienne - Cathar childhood friend of the Corellian. She turned back to good after they met and battled a couple of times on Nar Shaddaa. She now oversees the couple of young Force Sensitives the party found, training them to grasp the basics and going back over her basics with them to better embrace the Force again. She's by far the strongest in combat, but is extremely gentle and kind. Also was the "Ninja" of the Inquisitor group.

Based on the aforementioned FFXIV love our GM has, I expect there to be a Dragoon, a Black Mage, a Summoner, a White Mage, a Dark Knight (though this could have been Lanius, GM retconned the classes in), Astrologian and Machinist.

No Samurai or Red Mage that I know of, yet.
>>
>>52630004
>>52630006

It was fine, found out i needed an upgraded account if i wanted to download everything in bulk, in a zip.
>>
>>52625967
>>52626044
>>52627404
Also, ROTJ has a LOWER critic score than ROTS.
>>
File: tomasz-jedruszek-swartstation.jpg (295KB, 1800x1147px) Image search: [Google]
tomasz-jedruszek-swartstation.jpg
295KB, 1800x1147px
I want to start a rebellion campaign by involving the players in the liberation of an Imperial-occupied city (which will also liberate the planet) but have the crowning moment cut off as the Imperial fleet shows up and Dresdens the city as a show of force.

Some big moment like the citizenry are about to take the City Hall or the Garrison or the Moff surrenders magnanimously to spare the lives of her few remaining troops, and offers to accept imprisonment within the walls of the large Imperial City Hall, knowing full well that the fleet is 2 minutes away and the City Hall is the only thing in the city sturdy enough to take the beating.

My problem is I can't figure out how to set things up so that the citizens don't simply go 'but if we attempt to mutiny the Empire will simply turn us to ash' or having the Imps show up early and crushing any resistance while it's still organising

There's also the danger that the players recognise the danger ('we can't liberate this, the fleet will immediately put an end to that') but I can get around that by putting them in a city that is revolting with or without them.

I considered things like the rebels commandering AA guns or the comms of the city but that gets in the way of the fiery finale, and while I think the involvement of spies and turncoats could help there, I feel like if you can wrest so much of your stuff back with a few spies then glassing the planet is unnecessarily messy

So, how do I have my cake and eat it too?
>>
>>52627530
Starcraft did it first
>>
File: shrug.jpg (10KB, 251x200px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
10KB, 251x200px
>>52630920
More money to buy critics
>>
>>52630970
Nothing in Starcraft was done by them first.
>>
>>52631186
really made me think
>>
File: 1476832323574.png (445KB, 675x599px) Image search: [Google]
1476832323574.png
445KB, 675x599px
>>52629200
Just wait until you hear how that bomber ace got her scar.
>>
File: B-Storm.jpg (120KB, 690x452px) Image search: [Google]
B-Storm.jpg
120KB, 690x452px
>>52631431
Well, she's a woman, in a space air force.

>Defective coffee machine
>Hair dryer malfunction
>Fell over in the shower
>Walked into a door
>>
>>52631431
Homoerotic volleyball accident?
>>
File: top-gun-volleyball.png (266KB, 520x345px) Image search: [Google]
top-gun-volleyball.png
266KB, 520x345px
>>52633226
Silly anon, only male pilots play homoerotic volleyball.
>>
>>52622003
Yes! How do you do Inquisitors, /swg/? I need boss ideas to throw at my players?
>>
>>52622723
UNLIMITED POWER!!!
>>
File: Cobra Unit.jpg (220KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cobra Unit.jpg
220KB, 1280x1024px
>>52633334
I just steal shamelessly from Hideo Kojima.
>>
>>52630925
What's the feel you're going for? That opening has a very crapsack feel to it (which is fine, I like that sort of thing).

How about this?

>rebellion
>administrator is fired for incompetence
>Imperial Mook is sent / promoted to governor to contain it (complication #1)
>Mook arrives with reinforcements and takes military command
>rebellion continues, against newly strengthened imperial occupation
>rebellion on cusp of success against new foe
>city is glassed as punishment for Mook's failure to stop rebels (complication #2)

I'm not sure where you're trying to take it after that, though. Are they meant to continue liberating the planet?
>>
>>52633334
NuCanon Inquisitors are gimmick bosses, judging from Rebels. So >>52633529 is pretty correct.
>>
File: ToTupBV.jpg (402KB, 607x1798px) Image search: [Google]
ToTupBV.jpg
402KB, 607x1798px
>>52622046
Hardcore Katarn reboot fucking WHEN
>>
>>52633992
Never. The guys in charge hate both Katarn and Dash Rendar
>>
File: doom 4 fist bump.gif (2MB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
doom 4 fist bump.gif
2MB, 450x252px
>>52633992
>tfw you will never break stormtroopers with your bear hands in glorious next-gen graphics
>tfw you will never fist-bump little Lego Star Wars minifigs
>>
>>52633928
>>52633529
Yes I like this. We're playing a little fast and loose with the canon so they don't have to be skinny-saber wielding squabbling siblings
So far all I have is:
>A gladiator style Inquisitor that wields a cortosis shield and lightsaber pike
>A ninja style inquisitor that takes out all electronics in the area before attempting to pick off the party members. She wields a double-sided Lightsaber
And
>An Emperor's hand that wields twin sabers and has a retinue of Mandalorian bodyguards. He's supposed to be a mini-Vader for late game
>>
>>52633992
Around the same time as the Paradox 4X Star Wars game, X-Wing Commander, TIE Fighter 2, Jedi Academy dating sim, Platinum TFU remake, Siege with Bounty Hunters, Star Wars Kantai Collection, Star Wars Kinect 2: Dancing All Knight, or Pepsiman 2. In other words, never.
>>
File: Cassian_Andor_1.jpg (41KB, 605x1412px) Image search: [Google]
Cassian_Andor_1.jpg
41KB, 605x1412px
>>52633992
All things considered, they're pretty much the Jan Ors and Kyle Katarn of the Nucanon, with a mix of traits from both between them

Kanan and Hera also count
>>
>>52634426
Meant to switch to pic related
>>
File: Kylejan.jpg (68KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kylejan.jpg
68KB, 640x300px
>>52634496
Yeah, but there's just something about Jyn and Cassian that makes them infinitely less entertaining than Jan and Doomguy.
>>
>>52634426
I like that they gave rebel intelligence green pips. I always found it funny that the rebels have an organized rank system while the imperials are all over the place.
>>
>>52634712
Makes a sort of sense. The Rebels by that point have tried to move away from autonomous cells and into a more centrally organized structure. And the Empire is set up with all of its various branches at odds with each other.
>>
>>52634712
>>
>>52634851
Because of the movie screw ups of the rank badges it's never clear. Even with this chart they use the same badge setup for different ranks.
>>
>>52626374
Kreia didn't want balance. She specifically says so in the game (pic related). What she wanted was the destruction of the Force. The only reason she's seen as "gray" is because she hides her affiliation.

She's an ex-Jedi-turned-Sith Lord (Lady?) who has been weakened by her apprentices and has been cast aside, and is now teaching an exiled Jedi to use the Force again. Her teachings to the Exile are cryptic and somewhere in the middle out of necessity - too dark, and the Exile rejects them; too light, and the Exile won't be properly aligned and motivated to do Kreia's bidding. Note that everything is cryptic as well. They're designed to confuse the Exile. Light actions are portrayed as dark, dark actions are portrayed as sympathetic.

None of it is truly gray, she just PORTRAYS herself that way. And unintelligent rubes fall for it - like you, and the Exile herself.
>>
>>52635332
This deconstruction of the Force is reinforced through other means in the game, such as Atton Rand's initial beliefs.

In one game, Chris Avellone successfully did what Queen Fuck-Up Karen Traviss tried and failed to do throughout her dozen Star Wars novels: point out the hypocrisy of the Jedi claiming to be "defenders of peace and justice" when every major conflict in the Star Wars galaxy has been a war between the Jedi and the Sith. And he didn't have to malign fans or ruin established characters to do it!

Rather than falling into the clean-cut Good vs. Evil dichotomy, KotOR II takes a different approach - and remains the smartest and most complex adaptation of Star Wars to date.

If only Obsidian hadn't rushed the ending...
>>
>>52629198
Haha added to my /swg/ stash
>>
>>52635548
But the jedi were in the right when not joining the republic. Those that join the war were Dark Jedi. Why would the jedi council lie to us
>>
>custom Inquisitor
One of my PCs is a defector from Cronal/Blackhole's personal stormtrooper legion, so I made my Inquisitor a secret acolyte of his to make things personal.
Not much else to him though, he's a Maul-esque blade nut who prefers using an ancient Sith tremor sword over an actual lightsaber. He has an Interdictor-class SD to ride about on, it just entered the system the PCs are trying frantically to escape. This is going to be fun.

>>52622821
Are you me? I did much the same thing in a friend's Old Republic game, except he began a non-Force sensitive Heavy. 1000xp later he was an unstoppable killing machine with his own Hammerhead cruiser, all three of his limbs replaced with cybernetics and a lightsaber built into one arm.
>>
>>52635749
Yes, the Jedi Council was right to not join the war; time and time again the Jedi who go to war don't come back as Jedi. And yet Jedi joined the war anyway - proving that even an organization wholly dedicated to discipline and asceticism can't keep Force users from breaking the rules and becoming the evil they claim to fight.

KotOR II makes this point, that even Jedi can (and do) fail to only use their powers "for good," and that NOBODY should be entrusted with access to the Force. That's the entire line of reasoning.
>>
>>52634313
Some other ideas

>Inquisitor who uses Nightsister magic, animates all the stormtroopers the party has slain in the area as hungry revenants
>Tacticool Inquisitor who is weak in the force but leads a squad of SCAR troopers to compensate.
>Inquisitor with a jump-pack, a zygerian electro-whip, and a claymore pattern lightsaber so they fight like the Balrog
>Pilot Inquisitor who pursues the party in a TIE defender
>>
>>52635548

The spoiler was clearly the fault of Lucas Arts pushing for an early release.
>>
>>52635097
>they use the same badge setup for different ranks
different data cylinder count though
>>
>>52630925
If you're trying to push the stereotypical "empire muh evul for da lulz" shit, then it could work, but think about that. If the Empire sends a fleet large enough to wipe out a massive ecumenopolis, meaning a planet-wide city as your art suggests, then there's no force in the galaxy that will stop them. Your AA guns can't hurt Star Destroyers, and the Rebel fleet there, if any, isn't going to last long. Why would an Imperial fleet show up, bombard the city, then leave? They would stay, drop soldiers down, liberate the Moff, run TIE strafing attacks and counter-insurgency movements in the city, probably deploy specialized urban combat units for house-to-house fighting and work on an elastic defense doctrine beginning at the capital itself.

I mean, I'm not going to start a fight, I don't care if you think the Empire is evil or good or some irrelevant thoughts on fascism, but it annoys me when some GMs portray the Empire as lacking any tactical sensibility or thought behind their actions. In the situation you've set up, even a middling Imperial officer could easily achieve victory. Your PCs only options are running away or attempting to fight off the attack, which will have them be killed within minutes, and the planet going back under Imperial control within hours.
>>
>>52635897
Was Master Vrook /ourguy/?
>>
>>52635548

It's been said before: Jedi are not Lawful Good Paladins, and Sith are not Chaotic Evil Antipaladins. If they had to fall under an alignment, it would be Lawful Neutral vs. Chaotic Neutral. Jedi have no care for morality or for codes of ethics or honor. There's the Jedi code, the Jedi way, and that's all they follow, regardless of what it says or what others believe. Likewise, the Sith have no care for morality or ethical activity, they have the Sith tenants and the way of the Sith, and that's all they follow regardless of what anyone else says or does. Woe to them who are too dumb or lazy to look into it any deeper or who say "Lucas said the jedi are good and sith are evil so that means they are shut up!" The Jedi and Sith, the Light Side and Dark Side, Yin and Yang, are an incredibly interesting dichotomy of personal restraint vs. personal embrace, and both have their strengths and flaws. Ideologically interesting, politically interesting, and interesting as warring ideas with no clear right or wrong. That's what makes it great. If you want dumb fairy tales where a knight is good because he's a knight and the bad guy is evil because he's a bad guy and the knight wins because he's good, then go to the kids' section at your local library. Otherwise, enjoy the moral ambiguity.
>>
>>52630034
The entire spinning design is dumb.
>>
File: akuma.jpg (62KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
akuma.jpg
62KB, 600x800px
>>52636042
>Inquisitor who is mediocre at physical combat but skilled in investigation, mind games, interrogation, and data analysis
>Fallen Matukai martial artist who calls upon the Dark Side Satsui no Hadou to throw fireballs and grant Autofire rules to his fists
>Deep cover Inquisitor in the guise of a local politician, corporate executive, or head of a local "charity"
>Sneeki breeki trapper who uses the Force to cloud enemies' minds and senses
>Fuckhuge boss gungan who fights with sword, shield, and sling. Can sling gungan grenades at a rate comparable to an E-web's ROF.
>Besalisk who uses a spinsaber or two to fly, then uses his two remaining hands to carry automatic weapons or grenade launchers. Sexually identifies as an attack helicopter.
>Masked luchador rudo who brings bants and chokeslams in equal amounts
>Triple O (or Triple I), a wrestler with a familial connection to Imperial "management." DARK GREETINGS
>The Ultimate Sith Warrior, not actually a Sith but dangerously insane. Spouts complete nonsense about his homebrewed "Destrucity" Dark Side philosophy while being nearly indestructible.
>>
File: IMG_0798.jpg (12KB, 308x164px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0798.jpg
12KB, 308x164px
>>52637043
Wow these are all pretty fun great jo-

>Spinsaber or two to fly
>>
File: nucanon inquisitors.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
nucanon inquisitors.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>52637343
You can't run from the stupidity forever, anon.
>>
>>52637043
>Sexually identifies as an attack helicopter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V92OBNsQgxU

Oh god I remember that
Some poor fuck having to read through those emails to their survey about being a main battle tank lobbing hot rounds into the dirty, cavernous Fulda gap and other weird shit involving mil-surp in places no one ever intended it to go.
>>
>>52636592
I think /ourguy/ is Atton:

https://youtu.be/_Dn0iggviGE
>>
File: dark greetings.jpg (239KB, 700x1147px) Image search: [Google]
dark greetings.jpg
239KB, 700x1147px
>>52637781
>Implying /ourguy/ is any guy other than this guy
>>
>>52637807
We're not taking Trioculus off the pedestal, fella. We're just adding Atton to a long list of adored characters, including:

Gilad Pellaeon
Raith Seinar
Wedge Antilles
Garm Bel Iblis
Kyle Katarn
and others.
>>
>>52638026
>Reddit katarn
No
>>
>>52638026
Don't let Disney get ahold of your list of important white male humans. They'll replace them all, one-by-one, with black women.
>>
>>52638068
>Not wanting to be dominated sexually by a powerful black woman in an imperial uniform who knows that only fear can keep the systems in line

What are you gay?
>>
>>52636575
While I agree the Empire is quite almighty, the fact is in a lot of canon it shows the Imperial officers often lack of tactical sensibility and their own greed motivates them for personal glory and ultimately failure
>>
File: 1474280040245.jpg (17KB, 281x246px) Image search: [Google]
1474280040245.jpg
17KB, 281x246px
>>52638121
>Wants to call Rae Sloane "Daddy"
>>
>>52638121
Easy there, Claremont.
>>
>>52638820

If that was Claremont then the scenario would have also involved Mind Control and a Hutt who is curiously similar to Mojo.
>>
File: Kharys5.jpg (336KB, 1754x740px) Image search: [Google]
Kharys5.jpg
336KB, 1754x740px
>>52639364
Close.

Its got cat people, a killer smoke demon, a qt black smuggler that is clearly one of Han's previous love interests, and Luke dueling an evil winged-woman in the sky.
>>
>>52639364
>Mind control fetish

Fuck I might actually be Claremont
>>
File: Ace Tie Fighter.png (352KB, 960x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ace Tie Fighter.png
352KB, 960x500px
Rate my ace TIE Fighter paintscheme /swg/
>>
>>52639677
Here's another Ace TIE Fighter, this time painted in a camo designed to interfere with Target Computer wire-frame rendering
>>
>>52639813
I am not an expert on how star wars tech works, but I get the feeling that a wireframe render doesn't give a fuck what your ship is painted like.
>>
File: TIE Fighter.jpg (109KB, 960x500px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Fighter.jpg
109KB, 960x500px
>>52639677
>>52639813
Here's the original file if you guys want a shot at making your own TIE Ace or Squadron colorschemes.
>>
>>52639863
Probably not. But at least it will raise the morale of the pilot if he thinks enemy target comps are going to fritz out.

Kinda like how WWI and some WWII warships were painted in dazzle camo that did absolutely nothing but made the crew feel safer and thus more effective in combat
>>
>>52639900
>dazzle camo that did absolutely nothing

It did exactly what it was intended to. It obscured reference points and sightlines making it more difficult to accurately range a target.
>>
File: IMG_3990.jpg (63KB, 639x742px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3990.jpg
63KB, 639x742px
In FFGSW, How would you handle what difficulty dice would be rolled when a player is in some sort of straight up, first to the finish line vehicle race?
>>
>>52636676
>Likewise, the Sith have no care for morality or ethical activity, they have the Sith tenants and the way of the Sith, and that's all they follow regardless of what anyone else says or does
Ostensibly true, but an overwhelming majority of Sith in all the media end up very evil. That said, I'd agree it's certainly possible for a character to adhere to the Sith code without being evil.
>>
>>52639979
Make a course and let the players RP through it
then gauge each move they try to do.
Maybe have some sort of heat gauge, where the engine is in trouble if you run it max for x rounds

if its just a drag race, then just opposing rolls with the other racers
>>
>>52639960
it had marginal effectiveness at best
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage#Effectiveness
>>
>>52639979
If I was in a rush and couldn't plan out a race before hand I'd improvise the length of the race as a set amount, say 30 success results. Difficulty set at 3 with two set back dice for a straight away, increase difficulty for turns, add more set back or upgrade difficulty for vehicle damage.
Racers use their appropriate piloting skill for rolls, 3 advantage/a triumph can be spent to earn boost die for the next round, or to add set back dice to opposing racers.

Also that photo is weapon's grade adorable.
>>
>>52640126
and marginal effectiveness is better than the effectiveness of painting a ship in order to change the digital wireframe rendering of it in a targeting computer

this isn't space sql injection.
>>
>>52640126
>there were too many factors to make a clear conclusion because of sample size and variation
>citing wikipedia as a source of anything at all

y'know, I'm not a wookiee. you don't HAVE to let me win. here's a (You) though.
>>
>>52639979

If there's no obstacles or hinderance, it's a Simple (-) check which is basically race to X success. But that's really dull, so spice it up.

If the pilot runs into some difficulty, then I believe the rule is that the difficulty dice are equal to the higher of your current speed or half your silhouette, upgraded a number of times equal to the higher. And then you add setbacks based on how rough the terrain is. Handling counts as normal.

If you want something simpler, just base it on how rough the course is. 0-1 dice for places you're intended to be moving fast one, 2-3 for maybe tighter spaces where mobility is intended or possible, but not where you want to be slamming at speed 5, and then 4-5 is like speed racer bullshit stuff, like driving on the side of a canyon wall or doing a loop-de-loop in a sports car or driving through an exploding volcano or something.
>>
>>52640469

*upgraded by the lower

So a SIL 2 bike going speed 5 rolls RPPPP
>>
File: Z95headhunter_negvv.jpg (445KB, 1904x776px) Image search: [Google]
Z95headhunter_negvv.jpg
445KB, 1904x776px
Seinar shills are asleep, post Star MILFs.
>>
File: Z-95 Mk 1.jpg (266KB, 1008x457px) Image search: [Google]
Z-95 Mk 1.jpg
266KB, 1008x457px
>>52640513
Why not one who swingwings both ways?

Also, anyone have any experience with the Bandai 1/72 scale starfighter kits? My local Barnes & Noble started carrying them.
>>
File: LlTDSLp.jpg (34KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
LlTDSLp.jpg
34KB, 600x334px
>>52640562
I said MILFs not GILFs.
>>
>>52640513
Fat bottom girls that get used by anyone and everyone like the whores they are
>>
File: Best Girl.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Best Girl.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>52640615
>>
File: Cloakshapes.jpg (50KB, 517x460px) Image search: [Google]
Cloakshapes.jpg
50KB, 517x460px
>>52640584
GILFs you say?
>>
>>52633854
>>52636575

My posts tend to get lost in pointless details so tried not to list everything

For my purposes the planet would be mostly uninhabited, except for a single, large, fairly new city, on a planet of probably less than medium importance. Similar to Lothal from Rebels, I guess. That way I don't have to worry about the implications of a planet-wide city and it keeps the adventure centered. And the Imp fleet would only have to be two or three destroyers to be threatening.

The idea was for the players to escape and join the Rebellion proper, now that their home had been obliterated. Something to make the Imperials solidly 'evil' without making them vamp around for the rest of the campaign. I like Star Wars most when almost all of the Imperials are pretty reasonable people trying to do the right thing, it's just they also defend these monstrous events as 'necessary'

The point of the Imperials dusting the city was as a show of force and warning to the rest of the Galaxy - perhaps the campaign will be set right after the destruction of the first Death Star, and the Imps are eager to show that they haven't at all lost their power to fuck you dissenters up. The Galaxy is probably having mild revolutions all over the place at that time. It's deliberately over the top, which is totally the Imps wheelhouse anyway.
>>
File: 4bb9c92166a27b3928297491fbec64af.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4bb9c92166a27b3928297491fbec64af.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
>>52641273
Forgot my pic related
>>
What ship is the closest to a 64 impala?
>>
File: [heavy breathing].webm (774KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
[heavy breathing].webm
774KB, 1280x720px
>>52640615
>Slutty Z-95
Now that's a doujin I'd pay to see.
>>
>>52640057
If it weren't for the dark side, yes. The problem is that the dark side is, if not directly evil, then bestial and predatory in nature (in addition to the fact that it affects the way one thinks), meaning that by most modern ethos the dark side's effects are most definitely evil.
>>
>>52642574
You can adhere to the Sith code without embracing the dark side. You'll be shunned and possibly killed by other Sith for your views, but that's just as likely regardless of your views. It's the Sith's backstabbing culture that leads to the prevalence of the dark side, not vice versa, and the dark side can be avoided.
>>
>>52642574
>>52642824
The Force isn't good nor evil. It depends on the person using it. The Light Side has elements of tranquility in it, which Jedi learned to tap into to achieve their nirvana. The Dark Side has elements of passion it, which Sith learned to tap into to achieve their power. The Force requires balance. Without Dark, there is no Light. Without Light, there is no Dark.
>>
>>52642824
The culture of the Sith basically means embrace the dark side or fail, unfortunately. It assumes that you take that predatory aspect to heart and use it to beat the others to submission.

>>52642846
While true (to some extent, the dark side is as natural as the emotions that empower it are), the Sith's use of the dark side is what lead to the Force being imbalanced in the first place, and that was happening well before the Jedi were genocided.
>>
>>52642879
And before that, when the Jedi genocided the Sith, there was an imbalance as well, and things went to shit. When Palpatine genocided the Jedi, there was an imbalance, and things went to shit. When the New Jedi Order genocided the remaining Sith, there was an imbalance, and things went to shit. When the new Sith Empire genocided the New Jedi Order, there was an imbalance, and things went to shit.

I don't like the idea of the Force itself being an entity that has influence over the galaxy and its events, but in terms of the Jedi v. Sith conflict, their entire history is one of genociding each other, falling, then rising up again to genocide the other side again. They were eternal, compulsive fuckups, both sides.
>>
>>52622003
That's a nice inquisitor. He looks distraught over his choice to serve the Emperor.
>>
>>52642846
>>52642879
>>52642910
There are natural emotions that have dark side Implications, having them is not wrong, but they need to be acknowledged and soothed, not ignored or repressed like the Jedi or fed into a vicious cycle like the Sith.

And they certainly shouldn't be used to torture the force into slavery!
>>
>>52642955
Even in the whacked out Mortis arc, the ideal goal would have been for the sister to soothe the brother's raging emotions. Anakin just wasn't the one to help with that.
>>
>>52642846
The "Light" isn't about being a Vulcan. The classical Jedi Code (before Odan-Urr ruined everything) was focused on balance.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

Being "Light side" should not be mistaken for being an emotionless robot--the PT and KOTOR OJO are not ideal Jedi. They are Jedi at low points in the order's history, when dogma and misunderstanding lead them astray from their original mission. If you want a character who represents what the Jedi are supposed to stand for, look at Luke after he discards his lightsaber and redeems Vader. Light is balance.

Dark isn't just about passion. It's about letting passion control you to a harmful extent. To fall to the Dark Side is to give in to your passions, and keep giving in, rather than maintaining control. Dark is imbalance.
>>
>>52642910
That's not how "balance" works.

The Force was already out of balance before Palpatine ordered the genocide of the Jedi; you can see this by their words and actions: they openly admit to each other that they need to inform the Senate that their powers have diminished and that the dark side clouds everything - and that's before the Clone Wars even begin.

Balance doesn't mean equal parts light and dark, it means "the dark side might be present, but its overall relevance and the influence of its wielders upon the galaxy is minimal at best."

Remember, the Prophecy of the Chosen One wasn't about the destruction of either the Jedi or the Dark Side (as a whole), it was about the destruction of the Sith.
>>
>>52642978
>>52642984
No, the theory of Light = Balance is a false one, because it implies one side is evil or one side isn't. Neither side is evil, neither side is good. There are only evil people and good people. Jedi are LN, Sith are CN.

Long before the plan to overthrow the Republic was even in place the galaxy wasn't doing great. The Jedi stagnated, became arrogant and self-serving, and attempted to meddle in galactic government despite claiming neutrality. When they were gone, the Sith stagnated, Palpatine overplanned and left an Empire that couldn't survive without him, and then the Jedi came back, and then the Sith came back. Neither side is good. There needs to be a balance of Jedi and Sith for there to be true peace, because under a dominion of either side there's no true peace.
>>
>>52642879
>The culture of the Sith basically means embrace the dark side or fail, unfortunately. It assumes that you take that predatory aspect to heart and use it to beat the others to submission.
The Sith code can still be fulfilled without the dark side, or at least without more dark than light. It's definitely 'hard mode' for anyone who attempts it, but it's not impossible.
>>
>>52642922
It doesn't bother him much. He's mostly angry that he never became a Jedi.
>>
>>52643032
>No, the theory of Light = Balance is a false one

No, it actually isn't. Its directly espoused by George and others at the top of Lucasfilm.

The dark side can exist. The Sith cannot. The Sith actively promote imbalance. Other Force traditions (other than the Knights of Ren and Snoke, apparently) do not promote imbalance because they do not have the influence to do so.

The Sith do, and were the subject of a prophecy of destruction and balance because they cause imbalance.

>>52643073
By 'hard mode' you mean "damn near impossible for anyone without superhuman patience and tolerance", sure.

The whole point of the Sith code is to beat others down so you rise to the top. That's not a "light side" trait, that's straight up dark side. If someone stands in your way (i.e. becomes a chain that binds you), you break them.
>>
>>52643032
>Neither side is evil
>Dark Side users are almost always the aggressor in Force-related conflicts
>Conflicts started by Dark Side users almost always end up being galactic-scale and ruining planets, lives, and livelihood
>Jedi literally dedicated to keeping the peace, defusing conflicts, engaging in non-profit agricultural aid, etc.
The PT OJO were not the good guys, but the Jedi outside of the PT have, for the most part, contributed a net good to the well-being of the galaxy and its people. The Sith and Dark Side users have contributed very few positive things to the galaxy compared to the harm they have brought upon the people of the galaxy.

Peace can never be achieved with a 1:1 ratio of Sith and Jedi, for they are diametrically opposed. They will always be in armed conflict with one another. The galaxy is contractually obligated to never be 100% peaceful, but a galaxy with 0 Sith is more peaceful than one with >0 Sith.
>>
>>52643121
PT OJO might not have been the "good guys" - they certainly did a shitton wrong - but they were hardly the bad guys.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a true positive that the Sith actually brought to the galaxy, as well.
>>
>>52622281
Sure, you can fall to the darkside.
>>
>>52643140
Pimp ass Egyptian-Babylonian hybrid outfits?
>>
>>52643162
Awwww yeah
>>
>>52643140
The Galactic Empire did a lot of good things along with bad things for the Galaxy, as did the Sith Empire before it. The exception is the Legacy-era Sith Empire, which fucked up everything.

>>52643121
Honestly, I'd agree with you. 0 Sith is more peaceful than <0 Sith. However, I still don't buy the dichotomy of one side evil, one side good. While Sith tend to be more chaotic, it doesn't mean every Sith is evil, and while Jedi tend to be more lawful, it doesn't mean every Jedi is good. All things considered, they're still moral gray, both of them. If I really had to stretch it, I'd say the Sith/Dark Side are a darker gray, Jedi/Light Side a lighter gray, but they're both gray.
>>
>>52643120
>The whole point of the Sith code is to beat others down so you rise to the top. That's not a "light side" trait, that's straight up dark side. If someone stands in your way (i.e. becomes a chain that binds you), you break them.
Strength, victory, and the breaking of chains as specified by the Sith code, are not necessarily physical. While most Sith treat it this way, there's a lot of room for other interpretation.
>>
>>52625152
It could be done really well, with the PCs as a cabal deddicated to suporting each other as they rise through the Imperial ranks by backstabing their competitors and dig up dirt on their superiors living while living in constant fear of being choked to death by Vader.
>>
>>52643214
The Sith Code is about passion, power, victory, and liberation, not necessarily about beating everyone down.
>>
>>52643235
That's my point.

I'm gonna catch shit for saying this, but if you play the Sith Inquisitor in SWTOR, and take the light side options, you can see this in action. It's a pretty good way to go through the class' story too.
>>
>>52643259
I've had a few players do it in Force and Destiny games.

It's very interesting to see, and definitely shows that, regardless of what "Lucas and Lucasfilm execs" say, the Sith are not automatically evil.

>mfw sith dark side user steps in to defend a town from a corrupt imperial governor, tracks down a renegade jedi who's been causing problems, stops a rebels from taking over a space staiton, donated 3/4 of his credit profit to random people, and other shit
>mfw he made a heroic sith and it worked really really well
>>
>>52643194
>The Galactic Empire did a lot of good things along with bad things for the Galaxy
Inadvertantly when the good of the galaxy was alined with that of the Emperor and they could not find a less efficent method of acomplishing the task that involved more warcrimes.
>>
>>52643194
The Dark Side and Sith dogma, in execution, both lead to behavior that is harmful to a user and to the people around him. If we take "evil" to mean "causes harm," then yes, the Dark Side is evil. To be passionate about something is not an automatic Dark Side point. To be in tune with the Dark Side is to willingly give in to unbridled, uncontrolled passion, as we see with almost every non-player-controlled Dark Side user in the franchise. When coupled with Force powers, this has historically led to a high incidence of harm to other people. While in theory, the Sith Code and Dark Side can sound reasonable, the fact that they lead to a net harm to galactic well-being 99% of the time indicates that the vast majority of people of the galaxy are incapable of using it for anything other than evil. By pure statistics, the Sith are evil. The "Not all Sith" argument does not hold up under the scrutiny of galactic history.
>>
>>52643282
You mean your player made a good jedi
>>
>>52643282
I mean, he's not a Sith, but whatever.
>>
>>52643282
It'd be interesting to see a more pacifist Sith with all the tact of someone like Thrawn, using their cunning rather than a lightsaber to break their chains. Misdirection would be an interesting tool.
>>
>>52643306
>While in theory, the Sith Code and Dark Side can sound reasonable
That is the entire point, it sounds reasonable, you live by it, you fall to the Darkside.
>>
>>52643162
I'll accept it.

>>52643194
The best thing the Galactic Empire (which I wouldn't even attribute to the Sith, since both Vader and Palpatine were essentially hands-off for it) was chasing down pirates. Which is a trade-off, because for every pirate they took down, they added another deal with another slaver in the Hutt Empire. At best, the Empire added a few patrols to some parts of the Mid and Outer Rims, but at the same time they either traded with slavers or openly employed slaves to build their war machines. At best, the Galactic Empire is a net-neutral.

The problem with the Sith, however, is the dark side. They formed from Jedi outcasts who were studying the dark side, and chose that over peace with their (former) comrade Jedi. The dark side, and the Sith tradition as a whole - even if their code doesn't openly say as such - is absolutely anathema to peace. It's all about conflict, and building yourself better out of that conflict and tearing down everything and everyone that stands in your way.

The idea that the dark side is bestial and predatory and dangerous goes back at the very minimum to the 1990s with the Dark Side Sourcebook and Dark Empire Sourcebook for the WEG RPGs, and even earlier if you look at the films themselves - my "bestial and predatory" comment actually comes from the Dark Side Sourcebook.

The Sith Code by itself is okay. The Sith code, with the dark side as a companion, is not. And most (by most, I mean 99.99% of them that we know of) Sith use the dark side. I think even in Legends there was only one Sith who didn't actually use the dark side "that much", and until they "canonized" him as actually existing, he was pretty dubious in his existence given the source of his story (I speak, of course, of Vectivus). The dark/light spectrum for characters in TOR... well, they've never said which was the "canon" interpretation of events for those characters.
>>
File: covenant glassing.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
covenant glassing.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>52643326
>Thrawn
>tact
Thrawn's idea of a minor "mistake" is having to commit genocide. In one of his first scenes in Heir to the Empire, he brings up his destruction of a sapient species' homeworld as a throwaway topic in conversation with Pellaeon. A Thrawn-like Sith is pretty much just a Sith who can keep up his poker face while glassing a cunt. Yeah, hes smart and clever, but at the end of the day, his job description still requires blowing shit up. He just uses those wits to find out how to artistically blow shit up.
>>
>>52643371
What, Bioware took liberties with the Star Wars setting, never!
>>
>>52643313
>>52643314
The Force is Light and Dark, but not White and Black. Jedi are not all good, Sith are not all evil. The Sith Code's tenants are as others pointed out power, victory, accepting one's emotions, passion, and liberation of self. None of that translates to evil.

>>52643326
That's pretty much what he did. Granted this was back in the D20 days where there weren't as many options for not doing things with rolls and combat, but he roleplayed a cunning and neutral Sith who believed in a greater good and who would misdirect and manipulate his way to success. I think he uses his saber in combat five times total.

>>52643371
You're ignoring all of the technological and research progress the Empire made, its military developments, the economic development of the Core-to-Expansion worlds, and stricter law and punishment for crime that it took to planets further from the Core, many of whom had barely ever noticed the Republic ever having even a tiny amount of influence out there.

The Dark Side itself follows a peace through war, strength through combat ideology, which even still doesn't make it evil, it just happens to be picked up by evil people. Yet, there are also some evil Force users that were Jedi and were most certainly evil, even if they used the Light Side of the Force.

Light and Dark are catalysts for good and evil, but not good and evil in and of themselves.
>>
We had a convo about light v. dark or "not all sith" without anybody sperging.
Thank you guys. I miss this. The last couple weeks on this general have been rough and I needed this.
>>
>>52643452
>Jedi are not all good
Agreed Mace Wendu was boarderline Darkside
>The Sith Code's tenants are as others pointed out power, victory, accepting one's emotions, passion, and liberation of self. None of that translates to evil.

That is really a matter of interpretation. A lot of people seem to think the Sith code means "It's ok to have passions" and if that's how you take it I guess but just living your life like everyone who isn't a Jedi isn't much of a credo. If you interpret it as "Act on your every passion" as it seem so actually be saying then yeah, that isn't inherently evil but your going to end up doing some evil shit. I for example would have disinbowled at least half a dozen TSA agents
with a Lightsaber just for doing their jobs.
>>
File: gadsden boushh.jpg (26KB, 480x271px) Image search: [Google]
gadsden boushh.jpg
26KB, 480x271px
>>52643452
>stricter law and punishment for crime
Palpatine was buddies with Xizor and multiple moffs were in cahoots with the Hutts. One of the men who led the Imperial judicial system was none other than motherfucking Hethrir, too. The guy engaged in slave trading and cut deals with criminal gangs. The Empire itself also had no qualms about state-sponsored slavery in general. Imperial law enforcement and judicial policy was pretty goddamn horrible. And of course, the dissolution of the senate in ANH meant legislation without representation, assuming the post-66 senate was even anything more than a pantomime kept up for appearances.
>>
>>52643452
>the economic development of the Core-to-Expansion worlds
Your ignoring that the Empire's idea of economic development was things like mineing moons untill they fall apart killing hundreds of thousands of inhabitants on the planet below.
>>
So tonight gents,

I finally ran a 3x TIE x7 list.

Countess, Glaive, and Mareek . Each with x7 and adaptability and holy shit is the action economy on these things ridiculous.
>>
>>52643690
It's like the Empire was shooting and enslaving people for petty crimes and burocratic snafus and letting the real criminals go, almost as if their goal was to poison the force with misery and not law enforcement at all.
>>
>>52643452
Military development was mostly Death Star and Friends.

Star Destroyers were iterations on clone wars tech. The Empire didn't want the successor to their superiority fighter, opting instead for a cheap paper ship they could send out en mass. Elite clone armies aged out for storm troopers, which were stuck performing policing actions and military actions and being good at neither.

The Empire was an engine of suffering, nothing more. It kept the Dark Side strong so Palps could feed off of it, and by the end essentially existed as a Feudalist society with competing warlords squabbling for power as the real master sat back and wallowed in the misery of others.

The Empire wasn't good for anyone except Pallatine, even the people reaping the "rewards". Vader stewing in his castle as he looks down over the spot where everything that went wrong is an apt metaphor for the whole shebang.
>>
>>52643194
A few people managed to use Palpatine's consolidation of power to deal with some actual problems that had cropped up under the republic, (MOSTLY Problems that he and his master and master's master etc had helped make WORSE)
>>
>>52643452
>The Sith Code's tenants are as others pointed out power, victory, accepting one's emotions, passion, and liberation of self. None of that translates to evil.
The Sith code is flat out wrong. Letting your passions rule your actions won't set you free. As shown by the fact that the Sith pretty much always end up going down the same ultimately destructive path, it just ends up chaining you to compulsive behaviors that ultimately drag you down and ruin your life. The primary relationship of any addict is with the addiction, all other relationships become secondary. That isn't freedom, that's just another form of slavery.
>>
>>52643846
The Empire-sponsored bacta cartel also led to massive inflation of bacta prices across the galaxy. Thanks, Palpacare.
>>
>>52643954
I mean , its not like the Stark Hyperspace war which forced the nationalization of Bacta growing and production didn't set up that whole cartel business anyhow.
>>
>>52643423
He mentioned having to use massed orbital bombardment to cow them, not a full BDZ glassing.

>>52643690
>>52643755
SOME sections of the Empire actually did enforce the law, and various remnant areas tended to either found themselves forced to uphold the public mission statement of the Empire or went full criminal, with little in between.
>>
>>52644013
>having to use massed orbital bombardment to cow them, not a full BDZ glassing
>"I doubt it," Thrawn said, in that same wistful voice. "I wound up destroying their world."
End of chapter 15 of Heir to the Empire. Unless you're talking about another race, that's all Thrawn had to say on the planet I'm referring to.
>>
>>52643723
Give the Glaive Trick Shot instead- Then you can all move at PS 6.
>>
>>52644110
Yeah, I've got some additional stuff to throw on these guys but damn was it nasty.
>>
File: SkarCrushPunyPinkBoy-MSW53.jpg (1MB, 1760x1280px) Image search: [Google]
SkarCrushPunyPinkBoy-MSW53.jpg
1MB, 1760x1280px
>>52644013
>>52644071
Ahhh, though later articles like "Aliens in the Empire" said the species was Kaleesh and they were led by this Sk'ar guy.

I figure because their leader was only an adopted Kaleesh (I mean fucking LOOK AT HIM) Thrawn's art and culture analysis didn't work, though Sk'ar eventually surrendered to Thrawn and went to work for the Empire/
>>
File: Sk'ar cover.jpg (212KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
Sk'ar cover.jpg
212KB, 520x800px
>>52644207
Huh, apparently he was literally one of Greivous's bodyguards. (Technically they never said he WASN'T a true Kaleesh, but again: LOOK AT HIM YOU MORONS!)
>>
>>52643690
Palpatine eventually wanted to kill Xizor but refrained from how much it'd fuck things up, and while several Moffs were chums with the Hutts, the entire Mid Rim government of the Republic and 3/4 of the Senate was prior to the Empire.

You need to realize how impossible it is to remove deep-seated crime lords and cartels. Hutts have been doing their shit way before Palpatine, way before the Jedi and Sith even engaged in their great war. The Hutts have the money, influence, and drugs to start a civil war if they wanted, which is why Palpatine did the right thing: get in with them and keep them on a tight leash without them even knowing.

It'd be like the U.S. Army marching into Mexico to eliminate their drug cartels. Huge civil unrest, lots of money, lots of death, nothing gained, huge debacle no one benefits from. The Rebels too were in line with the Hutts for this exact reason.

While there were some instances of brutality, Imperial law was generally pretty damn good, and heaven help the unlucky idiots who chose to be criminals. They kept things safer. To the Empire, slavery wasn't even bad. They were Humans, the best, using inferior aliens known for trouble and crime to do something beneficial for everyone. It's not cool, but it's not diabolical.

>>52643706
Except that never happened. Maybe in one awful EU comic in the 80's no one read or something, but it didn't happen.

>>52643755
Except they didn't do any of that, not on any large scale. They didn't enslave people for petty crimes, nor did they shoot them. They shot suspected rebels, but not suspected criminals. It's (or was)canon that Law Enforcement Droids upheld Imperial Code, which was extremely fair and extremely strict on crime. Imperial law enforcement droids often went thousands of arrests without a single fatality, because they were given strict nonlethal programming.

>>52643571
Glad to hear it man. It's nice to have civil discussions.
>>
>>52644732
>Except that never happened. Maybe in one awful EU comic in the 80's no one read or something, but it didn't happen.
That's in the newcanon, though the guy in charge (A hybrid of I guess kinda Trump [before he announced he was running, just in the 'influential celebrity businessman" mold that includes Trump and a few others like motivational speaker guys and whatnot] and a MGRR boss) was working for his own benefits and the Empire only went along with the plan because they were desperate and he misled them about many things.
>>
>>52643846
Military development that gave millions and millions of people jobs. Star destroyers were fantastic ships, and while stormtroopers weren't elite clones, they were regular dudes who still kicked ass and took names. They were great as well, just maybe not as great as bio-engineered clone soldiers.

The "Empire was made to fuel misery to feed the Dark Side" is one of the most moronic concepts I've ever heard on Star Wars lore, no offense to your post, but in all honesty, it's beyond dumb. It's like the theory that the Force willed an A-Wing to crash into the Executor bridge and that some engineer planned it to happen unconsciously because the Force willed it, for example. Inane, grasping-at-straws nonsense.

>>52643954
>>52643969
Pretty much. Most problems came long before Palpatine. The Republic was corrupt and decaying from the inside out and mistreating its people long before Palpatine was even born. The Empire made things better, and this is backed up by many people in canon, or EU if you prefer, saying that the Empire made their lives better. The new Kreel comics have him saying the Empire made things so much better for so many people. Granted, most of them are from the Expansion inward, but take it for what you will. The Empire wasn't viewed as an oppressive, dark, evil machine of terror, it was viewed as a stable, prosperous government by all but those in the Rebellion.

>>52643931
Look at Anakin. The Light Side and the Jedi Code were a destructive nightmare that he couldn't escape, restraints on him that he couldn't break free of. Both sides can be absolute hell depending on who you are. If you're being cynical, the Jedi Code tells you to hold back your passions so that you slowly lose your mind on the inside, while the Sith Code tells you to unleash your passions so that you slowly lose your mind on the outside.
>>
>>52644758
>newcanon
>a character made to resemble Trump

Yeah, I think that book needs dropped. Is it Aftermath-related? Because that sounds like something Chuck the Cuck would totally do.
>>
>>52644785
No, this is LONG (okay like a year or two) before trump became any sort of Bugaboo or political figure.

He was just a "Celebrity businessman" character, Trump was the first to come to mind because he's the most famous after murdering a Guac merchant on live TV and becoming president.

Any sort of Motivational speaker or other celebrity businessman would work.
>>
>>52644823
It still sounds dumb, but at least it wasn't full on SJW.

>next novel involves a brave heroine trying to lead the resistance on her planet to the rebellion against an evil male businessman who's promising to make their planet great again

Just you all wait.
>>
>>52644823
>>52644855
Nah, he was fucking great, charismatic and effective scheming cyborg man (Who despite being described as completely unmoving facially and speaking through a vocorder I kept imagining him as Sunddowner, complete with cheeky platinum grins.)
>>
>>52644855
I'd read it. I love when establishment figures are enemies.
>>
>>52644772
>The Light Side and the Jedi Code were a destructive nightmare that he couldn't escape,
The Jedi Code espoused by the PT was a mutation of the classical Jedi Code. Anakin was being fed bullshit and errors by an order that had completely misinterpreted its old mission and philosophical texts thanks to the work of Odan "I hate fun" Urr. The PT's preferred version (There is no X, only Y) is an erroneous interpretation of what the Light is meant to embody.
>>
File: 1482566508499.jpg (368KB, 880x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1482566508499.jpg
368KB, 880x1024px
So I'm coming up with a villian for an Imperial AoR game I've been working on and it seems like a good idea, but I want /swg/'s feedback.

The basic idea is that she's a Jedi who survived Order 66 along with her a friend of hers, but became frustrated by his inaction and passivity(basically he became like Obi-Wan). Although they both hid and waited out in fear, she has decided that she has to strike out at the Empire and has been organizing a local rebel cell to help her out. After seeing the corruption of the OJO and the Republic, she has become a full blown anarchist, believing that ANY large scale organization will inevitably become corrupted and fail to serve the interests of the people. Her goal is basically to tear society up by the roots, to destroy not just the Empire but also all large scale galactic organizations-crime lords, CIS like mega-corps, banks, all of it, and replace it with simple person-to-person interaction and a personal relationship with the Force.

Now my question is how militant can she be about this before falling to the dark side? I don't want this to be like TCW where Bariss and that one frog-Jedi general guy brought up valid criticisms of the Jedi order but then they copped out with "lol they were dark side actually." Orignally I envisioned her leading an extremely militant movement and being sort of a knight templar in person-a righetoues warrior who is terrifying because she's truly convinced of her cause. But I also want my villian to be a real Jedi and I wonder if it's possible for one to become so passionate and militant without slipping into full on crazy territory. Is there a way to have a truly terrifying antagonist who IS still a Jedi aligned with the light side? Because I absolutely want my party to be afraid of her.
>>
>>52644930
Is the party inquisitors?
>>
File: ancacodemon.jpg (131KB, 868x896px) Image search: [Google]
ancacodemon.jpg
131KB, 868x896px
>>52644930
>how militant can she be
>anarchist
See Antifa or memeball for a general idea of what not to do. Alternately, go full memeball and have some giggles along the way.
>>
>>52644930
"Falling to the Dark Side" doesn't mean she's suddenly not a villain. 2 members of the Empire and then its Inquisitorius are Sith. Everyone else doesn't give a shit about the Force. Her becoming a Dark Side user doesn't even mean she isn't a Jedi anymore, it just means she's a "Dark Jedi", as they're called, and is still prime material for a villain. The idea of releasing emotions for powers may even make her more militant.

>>52644921
Reddit's thataway.

>>52644927
Even still.
>>
>>52644957
No, the idea is to have them be ISB and Imperial Intelligence guys who end up way, WAY over their head. The idea for the campaign is that it's set in the Outer Rim during the early empire(like, a few years after RotS early) and so they're really cut off from the center of Imperial power. At that point, there might legitimately be enough rogue Jedi running around that Vader can't respond immediately, and there aren't any inquisitors yet because they're all still kids in training. I'm imagining the reveal that they're actually facing a Jedi might come really late game and in circumstances where they have to figure out how to handle it themselves.
>>
>>52644993
If they're ISB they should be able to get in contact with the Grand Inquisitor when they find that information out.
>>
>>52645021
Nigga the future Grand Inquisitor is like five years old, did you even read my post?
>>
>>52644993
>>52645021
Or take the Jedi on themselves. The ISB is still getting set up, and what a way to soar through the ranks than to take out a Jedi, especially a militant and violent one that could cause trouble on the Outer Rim. If anything, it'd be interesting to see the ISB party try to actively keep the Inquisitorius from finding out so that they can be the heroes, stop the villain, then enjoy some sick promotions and PR.
>>
File: Desann_and_Jerec.jpg (353KB, 487x634px) Image search: [Google]
Desann_and_Jerec.jpg
353KB, 487x634px
>>52645040
>>52645021
Call up Jerec. He'd probably be cool with busting some Jedi heads.
>>
>>52645047
Not Inquisitorius, I meant Vader.
>>
>>52645047
Ooooohhhhh. I like this, especially since my idea was to have one of the campaign's theme be a greater encroachment of the Empire eroding their own importance. I could even have an official suggest this-"Vader's gonna be awhile, but if you wanna try and take care of it, knock yourselves out."
>>
>>52645040
The Grand Inquisitor was a Jedi Temple Guard before Order 66. He's a heck of a lot older than you seem to think he is.
>>
>>52645040
What? The Grand Inquisitor was a former Temple Guard who was fully trained. Inquisitors in general are around about a year after ROTS.

>>52645047
That sounds good, since it supports the Imperials nature to dick another group over for promotions.
>>
>>52645075
>>52645078
>The Grand Inquisitor was a temple guard
Shit my bad, y'all are right. I was thinking of the Clone Wars episode when Sheevy kidnaps some kids to train into inquistiors, but I completely forgot that part. Kratom is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>52645072
>>52645078
You'll need some big stakes afterward to keep things interesting if you plan anything more than a brief campaign. Once they take out a terroristic Jedi guerrilla leader, they'll be heroes, get promoted, get rewarded handsomely, but there won't be much else to do that's on the same scale.

Unless you fast forward over a decade. The group has spent up their rewards, their image as heroes has faded with time, and they're now stuck at desk jobs, working in cubicles and doing nothing exciting. Then they get a tip that some Rebels may be planning to steal plans to an Imperial superweapon, and to stop such an act would be deadly, but just the job for the right group of former heroes.
>>
>>52645110
>their desk job is at Scarif
>>
>>52645121
I would join your campaign.
>>
File: kyle katarn-weapons.jpg (51KB, 443x373px) Image search: [Google]
kyle katarn-weapons.jpg
51KB, 443x373px
>>52645110
>Final boss is Kyle Katarn
It would be like Rogue One, but flipped.
>>
>>52645110
The idea is that it isn't a brief campaign, they're dealing with the Rebel cell that the Jedi heads for most of it, but since she's mostly sane she realizes that openly leading it would be a Bad Idea. It's only once shit really starts going down that she openly steps out and starts swinging a lightsaber around, and by that point hopefully they're invested enough in the sector and their own careers that they'll be willing to have a go at her themselves.

>>52645133
>>52645134
>>52645110
This would be a fun idea for postscript session!
>>
File: Darkside.png (180KB, 412x455px) Image search: [Google]
Darkside.png
180KB, 412x455px
>>52645110
TPS Reports
Make sure you use the new cover sheets before they go out.

You saw the memo right?
Yeaah, if you could just do that.
>>
>>52645586
>accidentally find out about the rebel plan
>get the band back together
>thwart the rebels on scarif
>cruising in their personal lambda shuttle to their award ceremony on coruscant
>windows down, shades on
>"damn it feels good to be a gangsta"
>>
File: Mos.jpg (101KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
Mos.jpg
101KB, 1280x688px
>>52645707
I used to be over by the window, and I could see the jawas, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the DLT-19 to the E11 blaster, but I kept my DLT-19 blaster because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the power packs for the DLT-19 blaster and it's not okay because if they take my blaster then I'll set the building on fire...
>>
File: jedi_council.jpg (145KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
jedi_council.jpg
145KB, 1200x675px
Would the Jedi have kept their principles better if they adopted a limited, informal training structure such as the rule of two?

That is to say, Master and Padawan, without the implication of eventual betrayal and murder, but also without the rigid hierarchy of the Jedi Order?

Seems like a lot of Jedi mischief gets started because of bad council decisions and organizational bureaucracy.
>>
>>52644772
>Military development that gave millions and millions of people jobs. Star destroyers were fantastic ships, and while stormtroopers weren't elite clones, they were regular dudes who still kicked ass and took names. They were great as well, just maybe not as great as bio-engineered clone soldiers.

The Death Star was built by literal slave labor, dude. Orson Krennic built the super structure with enslaved Geonosians, who were then exterminated almost entirely with poison gas, save one or two survivors. The scientists who worked on the laser were shang-haied away from private sector energy work that WOULD have benefited the entire galaxy, and then murdered when they were done.

Star Destroyers are fantastic only in the sense that they are a fantastic drain on resources. They're intimidating but their bridge is underdefended and they're vulnerable to outdated bombers with ion weapons.

Stormtroopers, barring a few groups like Vader's Fist, are basically worthless. Once again, the lower standard combined with the vast difference in possible duties mean they simply are not well trained enough to handle both combat and policing actions.

As for the Imperial Bureaucracy, it was so weak that the whole thing fell apart in a year after Palp's death. The true believers fucked off to the Unknown Regions for thirty years, while everyone else fell back in line. The Empire was cruel to be cruel, and it was unsustainable.

...Jobs. Hah. That's a joke.
>>
Seriously, the bullying against PT fan members of this community is getting way out of hand, especially since PT fans are some of the biggest contributors and most involved in this board.
Its not just "memes" or "banter", its vicious attacking and regardless of intentions it does demean people and hurt feelings. I can't say I'm the only PT fan who finds it hard to take pride
in his own opinions after having years of constant and needless attacks defaming my ejoyments from insecure losers here. Why not bully EU fans or Disney Canon fans? Do they not have much more to be ashamed of
than our peaceful little island? OT only fans get bullied less than us and yet we are the purest Star Wars fans in the world.

Like when its not just banter, when a meme is repeated over and over again, repeated systematically, it eventually becomes a truth irregardless of the intentions in repeating it.
And that isn't just jokes any more then, then its harmful!
Would you call a PT fan a "fat neckbeard"(disgusting word) to his face? Would you say to a kind, peaceful and hard working salt of the earth PT fan that they are a "fat neckbeard"? Would you say those words
to your fellow Star Wars fan? Are you starting to feel ashamed now?
Your destroying pride, your dividing fans against each other, your doing the opposite of what you claim to support when you engage in this incredibly abhorrent behavior. So I encourage you to stop now.
>>
>>52647065
Difficult to say if we go by Legends as precedent (nucanon hasn't covered Jedi history). The Legends OJO lasted for 25,000 years. Yes, there were galactic-scale wars during that time, since writers are contractually obligated to write about a star war. Said wars, however, rarely lasted more than a decade. For the sake of argument, assume that any point in time that does not show up in an Old Republic-era work is peaceful, in line with Obi-Wan's statements in ANH. Collectively, the total recorded time spent at war is a drop in the pond compared to millennia of presumed peace. TotJ and the adventures of the Legends NJO also indicate that even when the Jedi try to be chill in terms of doctrine, Sith still ruin everything and Jedi still fall.
>>
>>52647990
>assume that any point in time
Meant to say "assume that any Old Republic-era point in time."
>>
>>52647065
While then you probably end up with the opposite problem. Instead of rigid dogma leading to an ineffectual organization you get an explosion of different philosophies like potentium and shit, and almost inevitably you'll get some flavor of dark sider out of that melting pot. And since every schism in Star Wars history has led to full on Galactic war probably not worth it
>>
>>52647616
Kill yourself if you can't deal with the banter.
>>
File: CoBbtGCXEAE7UWa.jpg large.jpg (300KB, 2048x1132px) Image search: [Google]
CoBbtGCXEAE7UWa.jpg large.jpg
300KB, 2048x1132px
>>52647579
Things are different in new canon, and the Empire is made out to be far more evil for the sake of evil than it was in the EU.

If you want to use only NuCanon as a source, then you're right, even Palpatine wanted the Empire to fall if he died. NuCanon literally has painted the universe much more black and white than it was before, but there are still authors that take a different approach. Lost Stars is a fantastic book and goes to great lengths to depict the average Imperial as an idealist that wants more than anything to keep the galaxy peaceful through force.
I also recommend Tarkin and Lords of the Sith for more Imperial perspective.

The Imperial Fleet cracked down hard on dissidents, piracy, and crime and brought peace to worlds that had none before. (See T.I.E. Fighter, the Empire comic series, etc.)

Shutting down practices like brutal gladiatorial fights and would-be tyrants (see the new marvel comic series) and ending long standing wars the Republic and Jedi failed to end like the Sepan Civil War. (again, TIE fighter).

Yeah, it was a the peace of a Stormtrooper's boot on your face, but it was peace.
>>
>>52647616
Shitty pasta. PTfags all should die.
>Would you call a PT fan a "fat neckbeard"(disgusting word) to his face?
Yep, after i punch his face repeatedly.
>>
>>52647616
>Would you call a PT fan a "fat neckbeard"(disgusting word) to his face? Would you say to a kind, peaceful and hard working salt of the earth PT fan that they are a "fat neckbeard"? Would you say those words
>to your fellow Star Wars fan?
yes
> Are you starting to feel ashamed now?
no

I'd spit in your fucking face if you acted like you are irl, you fucking snowflake.
>>
>>52648772
>>52648835
>>52648863
>eating the pasta
>being an internet tough guy
Fucks sakes lads
>>
>>52634041
They really only seem to to hate Dash and the prologue level of Dark Forces.
>>
File: Boa-XZFIUAAuj_Q.jpg (20KB, 598x252px) Image search: [Google]
Boa-XZFIUAAuj_Q.jpg
20KB, 598x252px
Can we talk about how well composed this shot from ANH is? This is probably my favorite still from the whole movie. The way everything flows captures McQuarrie's concept art perfectly. The characters, their silhouettes, and their placement in relation to the set is everything Star Wars, in the broad sense, is supposed to be. If you had to describe ANH or even Star Wars as an idea in one still, I think this would be it.
>>
>>52648835
>>52648863
Fuck off idiots the PT while not as good as the OT is nowhere near as bad as you Reddit Letter Media autist like to claim.
>>
>>52650187
Phantom Menace is plain boring with poorly executed technology.
AotC is the worst movie in the franchise and is unwatchable unless you're making fun of it throughout. What should have been the climax falls really flat.
RotS is decent. Best of the three and easily watchable, though not as good as any of the OT, TFA, or even R1. This is my personal opinion though and I understand other people like some movies like RotS and R1 a lot more than I do.

Of the 3 movies, only 1 is decent, 1 is bad, and 1 is horrid. If people want to hate the PT, I have no reason to say they shouldn't. I don't share that opinion since there's entertainment value to be had (mostly in RotS and the EU material surrounding the trilogy), but the POV that the PT is a dumpster fire is an easily understood one for someone who grew up on the OT.
>>
File: ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg (57KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg
57KB, 500x667px
Watch out for that vicious bounty hunter Boba Fett, Luke. Did I ever tell you I fought his dad? He was hired to assassinate a senator me and your father were guarding. We kept bringing her around open windows and public areas in order to draw the would-be assassin out because we knew he had too much pride to just shoot her from long range. He had used his payment to hire another bounty hunter to kill the senator for him while he sent us on a wild bantha chase. Also the 2nd assassin used her payment to buy a robot to assassinate the senator for her. Did I mention the 2nd assassin was a shapeshifter? She could have been a good friend in disguise and just shot the senator for all we knew! Then the robot used its payment to buy poisonous bugs to release into the senator's room while she slept after lasering a hole through the window. It could have just lasered her too after that because we we weren't watching her at all, but it already bought the bugs. So we sense the hostile life forms (not the robot) in the room and rush in and save the senator in the nick of time! Then I jumped out the window to chase the robot back to its owner! Luckily it didn't have a self-destruct function. Then we found the 2nd assassin and chased her across the planet, and caught her when she tried to kill us instead of shapeshifting and escaping. But to our surprise, Jango Fett was watching the whole thing instead of going to kill the senator while we were away chasing the bugs chasing the robot chasing the shapeshifter. He shot her with a poisonous dart instead of sniper blaster, and only her instead of shooting all of us or blowing all of us with a rocket or something, then he escaped with his tiny jetpackLuckily for the senator, my good friend Dexterr Jettster owned a 50s dinner on Courscant that had Republic secrets on the menu along with cheeseburgers and malt shakes. We found the assassin and Mace Window killed him later, right in front of Boba. And he was a good friend.
>>
>Tfw liked Attack of the Clones for the clones
>>
>>52649331
And qt waifus, apparently. Jan and the HWK-290 are superior waifus.
>>
>>52650329
You mean the 3 lines of dialogue they had, all in the last 30 minutes of the film?
>>
>>52650321
>poisonous dart instead of sniper blaster
This is my favorite writing oversight. Had Jango used a blaster, he would be untraceable.
Also, why didn't Obi-wan and/or Anakin sense him on the rooftop? They could sense two poison centipedes in the next room, but couldn't sense a guy shooting toward them from a nearby building?
>>
>>52650397
The sight of the clones was cool to me.
I still prefer the Clone Wars movie and the subsequent cartoon more than anything else simply because Phase I clones are my favorite trooper design in the series.
>>
>>52650463
They were visually impressive for the time, AotC had much better VFX than Phantom Menace, at least. The 2 Clone Wars series were infinitely better than the both AotC and the Clone Wars film though.
>>
>>52650448

Probably because there were more people around.

Or they were looking out for more, disguised shapeshifters.
They probably had infiltrated the senate by then, manipulating everybody to further their sinister shapeshifter goals.
>>
>>52650626
>Probably because there were more people around.
That makes some pretty good sense.
>Or they were looking out for more, disguised shapeshifters.
They probably had infiltrated the senate by then, manipulating everybody to further their sinister shapeshifter goals.
This is silly as fuck so naturally it makes sense in the context of AotC
>>
File: Clone_Soldiers.jpg (83KB, 692x530px) Image search: [Google]
Clone_Soldiers.jpg
83KB, 692x530px
>>52650676

It's pretty silly to just throw in shapeshifters and then not do anything interesting with them.
They could easily destabilize governments and provoke wars and such.
And then send in their clone army to mop up everything that's left.
>>
>>52650887
Oh, absolutely. That's why limiting the "she's a shapeshifter" thing down to 2 shots of her shifting (both to her natural state) and then dropping it altogether for the rest of both AotC and the later movies is irritating. They gave no reason to have a shapeshifter at all except for the guys at ILM to say, "look what we can make her face do".
>>
What are some good 'non-star wars' adventures I can put a star wars skin over? Whenever I try to think of a good idea for an in-universe adventure concept, it ends up kinda cliche. I don't want to do the same old smuggling, blacksun, heist shit. Anyone run something really left field?
Not looking for jedi shit either.
>>
>>52650946
>'non-star wars' adventures I can put a star wars skin over
Alien: bunch of dudes dealing with an escaped alien predator stalking their ship
Aliens: AoR vs a bunch of aliens stalking a ship or trading outpost
Indiana Jones in space: meet not-so-friendly natives, discover jedi artifacts and face moral decisions whether to huck them for cash or give them to the proper authorities.
The only thing that's really hard to execute in the Star Wars setting is a gumshoe kind of thing, since you've got all kinds of analytics technology and forensics droids. Your badguys have to be nearly untraceable, but you also have to avoid your PCs losing the trail completely and going on a wild bantha chase.
>>
>>52650946
Video games are great inspiration when you're really strapped.

Treasure hunting, detective stories, and if you're feeling brave enough, horror, can work pretty well in a Star Wars setting.
>>
>>52651009
>>52651031
Treasure hunting Indiana Jones style actually sounds really dope. It's an AoR campaign, so maybe the crew is sent by the rebels to investigate an imperial funded archiological dig.
>>
>>52647065

Not really.

People forget that Jedi aren't meant to be superheroes on personal crusades. They're essentially public servants operating under the chancellors office outside of galactic wartime.

You need a governing body within the jedi to make the calls that need to be made in that context and back them with the necessary resources.
>>
>>52651120
Some other ideas since it's AoR could be your PCs playing bodyguard for a high ranking diplomat that turns into a spy hunt during a party, defusing a hostage situation where the last few Imperial holdouts on a planet have holed up in a fortified building, or some high risk undercover work within the Empire.

Generally, what I meant from the video game thing, is that you can make a boring event interesting by having a unique setpiece that changes the dynamics. Fires spread throughout the base they were raiding, the ship they boarded can't shoot out of it's left side, their position is being hit with artillery and every other/3rd turn it fires, things like that that add complications and help the mission feel more tense.
>>
>>52650946

A colony of bantha herders and moisture farmers get robbed by space bandits every harvest.
They have enough and hire the PCs for defence.
>>
>>52648832

No, you're just misremembering.

The empire had always built the Death Star on slave labor and the only difference now is they use Geonosians AND Wookiees instead of just wookiees. The empire may to a bit of good, on the side, if they feel like it, but they chain up a slave for every slave they free, if not vastly more to get two moon sized space stations going with plans for more.
>>
>>52650946
STALKER: A bunch of cheeki breekis fuck around and squat on a dying planet, fapping over guns and squatting like space slavs while dealing with life in the Zone.

Dark Souls: Players explore Weik, but grimdark.

Initial D/Fast and Furious/Redline: Multi-pod drifting, ride-pimping, and Deja Vu. Players race across exotic locales like the Valley of Sith Lords, Kashyyyk's forest floor, through an asteroid field, and through the center of a Mandalorian clan war.

Road to Wrestlemania: The players are a stable of jobbers in the amateur wrestling circuit, hoping to eventually make it to the top of the GWE's biggest event. Along the way, they wrestle, trash talk, and bond with iconic wrasslers like The People's Baron, Garm bel Hogan, Voort "The Pig Show" SaBinring, the Macho Mandalorian, Ricky Blastboat, and Rowdy Rodian Piper.

Recettear/Kerbal Space Program: Players are Sienar Fleet Systems interns and a tame racing pilot. Their job is to test prototype fighters, run Raith's drugs, and travel the galaxy, collecting rare parts and raw materials for Raith Sienar's crazy R&D program. They also need to cut deals and negotiate prices/production volumes with Moffs, who will approach SFS with proposals for new starfighters.
>>
>>52651120
Just remember not to start things at the dig. Like all good adventure stories, half the adventure should be getting to the point.
>>
>>52651295
Eh, the seven samurai thing is pretty played. Its even in clone wars
>>
Can somebody explain how 77+ is going to work at Coruscant?
The way I understand it is each player builds a 77 point list for each faction, then they draft a ship for each list to get it to 100 points.
What are these "Mini squads" that FFG is talking about though?
>>
>>52651303
>implying bugs and walking carpets are sapient

I bet you think plow mules are slaves too.
>>
>>52651357
"Mini squads" is just what they're calling the things they draft. It's so named because some of the options like the headhunters and the TIE fighters are more than one ship. For every other option you're just drafting one ship but if they just said "draft one ship" then people would be like "but the TIE fighter is two ships" or something.
>>
>>52651357

It's the + of 77+ you draft. They call it a "mini-squad" because technically it's not just one ship there are a couple which are like, two ship builds (pair of zs, pair of TIES).
>>
>>52651393
ok, so you don't draft ships to finish your list, you're drafting these premade 23 point mini squads/
>>
>>52651415
all the mini squads are OVER 23 points? wth
>>
>>52650946
>Wild Space Exploration
Are you badass enough to map a blind jump into uncharted space, recon a planet and then flog it to the highest bidder? Seller not responsible for preexisting hostile indigenous lifeforms or dangerous flora/fauna

>Hired Bodyguards
The crew has been brought on as last-minute security team for a well-known galactic superstar. There has been several strange occurrences surrounding her last gigs but nothing overt as of yet, except a very cryptic threatening letter. During the adventure hints pop up that the galactic diva isn't exactly honest about herself. Why is that and who, if anyone, is she working for?
>>
>>52651494
Yeah they're all 23-28 points
>>
>>52651120

Well i mean, they could quite happily be hunting Jedi artifacts.

First off, they'd want to preserve jedi artifacts rather than lettingh the Empire destroy them.
And second, hell, it'd make great propaganda.
>>
>>52651643
Not just Jedi artifacts, either. Many people would pay a king's random for the elusive Bad Dragon Blaster.
>>
>>52650321
Man, it should have been Anakin who jumped out of that window. And the droid should have self-destructed, with Anakin letting go immediately prior. And then Obi-Wan would be there in the "borrowed" speeder to catch him.

What could have been!
>>
>>52650321
I suddenly feel so much better about my Bounty Hunter PC's methods.

>>52650448
Because the Force plot needed them to not notice Jenga Feet
>>
File: RingOfKafrene.jpg (499KB, 1914x802px) Image search: [Google]
RingOfKafrene.jpg
499KB, 1914x802px
I couldn't find a good HD screenshot of the Ring of Kafrene online, so I made one myself. I love this design.
>>
File: JynJail.jpg (420KB, 1914x802px) Image search: [Google]
JynJail.jpg
420KB, 1914x802px
>>52653540
Some other screenshots, for good measure.
>>
File: JedhaStatue.jpg (603KB, 1914x802px) Image search: [Google]
JedhaStatue.jpg
603KB, 1914x802px
>>52653561
goddamn does Gareth Edwards know how to make a gorgeous film.
>>
>>52653540
>>52653561
>>52653578
Rogue One looked and felt extremely Star Warsy
>>
>>52647579
>built by slave labor

By the Geonosians, yes, who hated the Empire, Republic, and pledged to fight violently against both. While the genocide of them was highly questionable, what isn't questionable is that they themselves were incredibly vicious, violent, murderous, and would've happily wiped out the Empire if they could. If you delve into some early 2000s EU, the Confederacy was also building a supervirus through the Geonosians that they planned to use as a failsafe to wipe out huge numbers of organics in the Core Worlds, likely all of them. They still had this technology, and the Empire knew it.

>fantastic drain on resources

The unprotected bridge has been explained many times before, and Star Destroyers themselves were amazing vessels. Until the Legacy era decades after Endor, no main line battleship could match a Star Destroyer II (the most produced variant) in one-on-one combat. They were still in use in some places in 100 ABY. They were reliable, strong, sturdy.

>stormtroopers were worthless

I have no idea where you're getting this from. ROTJ? They lose because they're fighting the heroes, not because they're bad. Nowhere else are they bad except in a few EU works, and coincidentally all of those EU works are either horribly received by fans or are video games where you play the protag with the Empire as the enemy, so of course they aren't going to win.

>Imperial Bureaucracy fell apart in a year

No, it fell apart in several years and at no fault of its own. It's because the Moffs and Grand Admirals split off to become Warlords. Men like Thrawn, Pellaeon, and even Ysard, as much of a powergrabbing bitch as she was, stated that the Empire would've held together had the Imperial leadership not decided to turn against each other. The Rebellion and New Republic didn't beat the Empire, the Empire beat the Empire, and while Palpatine's policies may've contributed to that, the Empire could very well have stayed together after Endor had they tried.
>>
>>52648832
This is one of the reasons that I really don't want to use newcanon as a source. Not only did it severely fuck up the setting and turn it into more of a dichotomous fairytale, it also doesn't give us much to go on at all. We don't know the Jedi history. We don't know what happened between ROTJ and TFA. We don't know what happened before, during, or after the Clone Wars. We don't know much at all, and what canon we've be given isn't very good in my opinion. I'm not one of those "I'll never accept newcanon!" types, but for now, I don't. There's not enough content, and even less good content, to go off of outside the movies.
>>
>>52653678
>looked
Yes.
>felt
No.
>>
File: yavinIV.jpg (498KB, 1914x802px) Image search: [Google]
yavinIV.jpg
498KB, 1914x802px
>>52653578
more

>>52653678
that it did. More so than any film since the 80s.
>>
>>52653695

> They lose because they're fighting the heroes

Or because they had to let the heroes escape so they can track them to their base...
>>
>>52653695
No, it fell apart in several years and at no fault of its own. It's because the Moffs and Grand Admirals split off to become Warlords. Men like Thrawn, Pellaeon, and even Ysard, as much of a powergrabbing bitch as she was, stated that the Empire would've held together had the Imperial leadership not decided to turn against each other. The Rebellion and New Republic didn't beat the Empire, the Empire beat the Empire, and while Palpatine's policies may've contributed to that, the Empire could very well have stayed together after Endor had they tried.

You Imperial faggots are btfo by NuCanon. The empire's bueracracy collasped within a year.
>>
>>52653790
Nucanon can suck my shlong.

>>52653755
That too. Not many people remember that in ANH the stormtroopers are ordered to chase them out and herd them to the exit, not kill them, which results in a few unfortunate casualties, but it does lead Tarkin right to the Rebel base as planned.
>>
File: ExecutrixBridge.jpg (486KB, 1914x802px) Image search: [Google]
ExecutrixBridge.jpg
486KB, 1914x802px
>>52653744
>>
New thread >>52653888
>>
>>52650946
Kellys Heroes!
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.