[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Egyptian Plainswalker is a Nubian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 46

File: progressive.jpg (147KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
progressive.jpg
147KB, 1080x1080px
https://aleksibriclot.tumblr.com/post/159381661650/samut-for-amonkhet-mtg-magicthegathering

In the Egyptian world of Amonkhet filled with the new race of Jackals and home to Naga, Minotaurs, and Aven. The new plainwalker of the set will be none of those but a human again for the 30th time. And of course she a strong independent Nubian women who will most lily end up becoming the Kangz of this plain.

Why can't I get a cool Jackal or an Egyptian in my Egyptian themed world.
>>
File: we wuz dragonz.jpg (376KB, 1198x1228px) Image search: [Google]
we wuz dragonz.jpg
376KB, 1198x1228px
>>52619941
>>
>>52619941
Americans see the world in black and white. Get used to it, brown people other than terrorists or wetbacks don't exist in their mind.
>>
>When you'd rather have monsters and weirdos than minority representation
Go back to /pol/.
>>
>>52619941
It's an US game. They're a nation founded on the idea that 90% of the world is niggers and they gotta defend their white nations against them.

It's a miracle that their language even still contains the term "Asians", really.
>>
>>52619941
What sticks out the most to me is the fact that she's wearing a pair of crossed golden fists across her chest.
>>
>>52619981
Ajani was cool, karn was cool. I want weirdos.

Is sapience required for the spark? I would like a random animal or a blob monster traveling around
>>
File: Amonkhet.jpg (85KB, 362x630px) Image search: [Google]
Amonkhet.jpg
85KB, 362x630px
>>52619981
>dismissing the glorious, noble races of Amonkhet as nothing more than monsters and weirdos
>wanting yet more human representation
Fucking human supremacists.
>>
>>52620030
"Blasians"
>>
>>52620102
All those "glorious, noble" races share exactly one common quality - they're fictional. African-americans are real, their struggles are real, and the need for representation and role models is also real, which is why a single african-american character is better than ten alien ones.
>>
>>52620062
Yeah, there are basically three requirements to being a planeswalker

>Must be born (no mana constructs like Angels)
>Must have independent sentience and intelligence (so no slivers)
>Must have a Spark ignited (often through traumatic life or death experience)

The first two are requirements to have a Spark, and the spark must be ignited somehow. Now, even these rules can be broken sometimes (Karn Karen is a notable example), but thems the rules.
>>
>>52619981
>Not wanting a crocodile headed planeswalker fucking shit up and taking names
It's like your not even trying anymore.
>>
File: 1475633818966.jpg (79KB, 784x643px) Image search: [Google]
1475633818966.jpg
79KB, 784x643px
>>52619981
Anon wants some non human or Egyptian Characters when the game has 90% Human walkers and 3 black walkers but no Egyptian or Middle Easter Walkers, and he's the """racist"""

What the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>52620188
>in Egypt
>african american
>>
>>52620289
No one said racist, cockbreath.
>>
>>52620188
Cool the game has three and I promise there will be more on the way. But wouldn't blacks benefit from having real role models like Scientist, Doctors, Artist, and real world movers than some made up characters in a 20 year old card game.
>>
>>52620310
>go back to /pol/
>no one said racist
stfu
>>
>>52620289
Nice frog. Are you even trying to hide your /pol/ posting?

>>52620294
Next thing you'll be trying to convince me that Roman empire was a white utopia.
>>
>>52620188
Do you really think kids(and us) give an actually shit about the ethnicity of a planeswalker. Fuck off with your bullshit, because there is plenty of African-American role models. Have my last (You) since your either dumping chum in the water good for you or you actually believe the shit that's coming from your mouth.
>>
>>52620310
You said /pol/ which you fags = to racist, listen tumblr whale or nu-male cukie boi, you ain't going to get laid fighting for Political Correctness on 4chan or in real life.
>>
>>52620353
>Do you really think kids(and us) give an actually shit about the ethnicity of a planeswalker
Yes, I do think so, and I'm far from the only one who thinks that way. Also, it's very funny how all those who screech "Kids don't care about ethnicity!" are always white men themselves - a demographic who never suffered from a lack of representation.
When people tell you about "privilege", this is exactly what they mean. You're literally too white to even see the problem.
>>
>>52620356
>Gets told to go back to /pol/
>Spews /pol/ memes like a fat edgy mexican

Neck yourself
>>
>>52620336
Anon, there were no African-americans in ancient Egypt. That would require there be Africans in the America's that went back and colonized Egypt
>>
>>52620353
Actually, it's well known and documented that people are more interested/pay greater attention to things that resemble them and their in groups.

This most likely explains why so many anons were pissed when Nissa stopped being a nazi.
>>
>>52620386
Sophistry. You know exactly what I mean, so stop trying to argue semantics.
>>
>>52620336
Why hate the frog, little guy just wants love
>>
File: watermark_rage_sharpened.jpg (5MB, 2448x3238px) Image search: [Google]
watermark_rage_sharpened.jpg
5MB, 2448x3238px
>>52619941
>Egyptians were black
>>
File: internet hate machine.jpg (170KB, 393x461px) Image search: [Google]
internet hate machine.jpg
170KB, 393x461px
Why do you dumb fucks even care? Slapping some demographic pandering only really affects WotC positively by giving the internet SJWs something they can enjoy. It doesn't affect the game in any meaningful way, and the players that say, "huh, that's cool" vastly outweigh the screaming regards who leave the game because some black person is in a card. (And both are outweighed by the people who don't care one way or the other)
>>
>>52619981
>Minority
How many black walkers are there compared to whites? Can't be called minority when is the majority
>>
>>52620453
The country is literally on the continent of Africa tho.
>>
>>52620336
I mean, the Romans were by any reasonable definition white. The empire was a pretty decent society for the time, but by no means a utopia.
>>
>>52620465
Jokes aside it affects other things, for example, did you know they teach now in colleges that Hannibal Barca and Cleopatra were full subsahararian black? no? well, they do in some colleges, and is shit like this which keeps normalizing this kind of history revisionism
>>
>>52620476
>Romans/Trojans
>White
>>
>>52620188
This anon is onto something.

I OK'd a few really mundane black characters for my project and impressionable tumblrites with tons of disposable cash came flocking. Rich, imaginative fictional races doesn't bring in the cash, all that does is "ignite the imagination" of a select few.

You dopes are missing out on a gold mine to exploit here ;)
>>
>>52620475
Your point?
>>
>>52620499
>This trading card is the same as historical revisionism that I heard happens in 1 or 2 colleges.
>>
>>52620188
>African Americans
>Struggle
Real struggle happens outside of North America
>>
>>52620382
Tell me about "privilege" I get for being a poor white man living in a ghetto. I'm going to lose my fucking medical care because of the Republicans, I've been beaten by the cops because I stood up for my friends, and other white people treat me like shit for being poor and living where I live. But you know, I'm white so I've got privilege coming out of my fucking ass and I don't need to worry.
>>
>>52620526
Read my post? I didn't say is the same, I said it normalizes that history revisionism
>>
The real question is...would she be black?
>>
>>52620503
>not-isreal
>white
>silly goyim
>>
>>52620539
Have you ever not been severed at a restaurant because it was assumed that you were one of the staff?
How often are you followed around stores, so the employees can be certain you are not stealing?
Do your parents own a house or land?
>>
>>52620499
Cleo and Hannibal were black, and so was Mozart and Caesar, stop whitesplaning
>>
>>52620539
You gotta love how many "poor white people living in ghettos" appear every time the subject of race creeps up.
>>
>>52620382
>We need a black walker or the children will grow up broken
>here's Teferi, Koth, Kaya
>those don't count because i don't know them. we need one NOW.
>b..but Kaya just...
>NOW.
Ok.
>>
>>52620581
Not him but I that actually happened, and go figure, it has to do with how do you behave and which clothes you wear, so I have these black friends (well, not really they're all mulatos) and once they dress like normal people (and when I also do it) people start treating them (and me) different, fucking odd right?
>>
>>52620583
If you go check from the outset Cleopatra was considered a full blooded roman even as queen of egypt and was never disputed as anything else. Egypt's royal history is a joke.
>>
>>52620594
>He thinks all whites live in suburbia and rich parts of the cities
Poverty doesn't discriminate, anon
>>
>>52620625
Yes, and the Romans were black. What's your point?
>>
>>52619941
Egyptian ruling-middle class DNA is European and it has been confirmed by 8 studies now and people still can't accept it. Most pictures show light-skinned nobles using Nubians as slaves.

Kinda makes sense that a rebel would be Nubian desu.

Anyone who claims egyptians where black are not only inscientific, but also are so stupid they believe anything they get told.
>>
>>52620625
She was full blooded Greek though
>>
>>52620594
That's because as offensive as it is to blacks that rich whites don't give a fuck, trash whites are offended that blacks don't give a fuck. There's tons of them, they're just not outright systemically put down by the powers that be and instead continue wallowing in their own filth.

There's more white trash than there are blacks at all. And even though they're all on the same boat they just continue hating each other because they're dumb.
>>
>>52620652
Sorry, but if history and Theros taught me anything, is that Greeks were black.
>>
>>52619941
Great, just great.
>>
It was time we had a black planeswalker and black centric plane, I'm so tired of how many white walkers and white planes we had till now, literally all of them
>>
File: 1490327388622.png (111KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
1490327388622.png
111KB, 197x190px
>mfw this whole thread
It's like clockwork.
>>
>We live in a time where empirical evidence can be flat out ignored by the scientific community in order to push narratives and agendas

It's one thing for creationists to pull shit like this, but these "institutes of higher learning"? That shit's dangerous.
>>
>>52620581
>Have you ever not been severed at a restaurant because it was assumed that you were one of the staff?
No, because I don't have the fucking money to go to a restaurant for the night out. At best, I can get McDonald's or something shitty like that.
>How often are you followed around stores, so the employees can be certain you are not stealing?
Quite often, because a) I own a lot of baggy clothing b) said clothing is old and ripped which makes me look more like a punk and c) I've actually stolen food because I didn't have enough money to pay for it.
>Do your parents own a house or land?
No, we live in a shitty motel because it's cheaper then renting a shitty house. Hell, me and my folks were fucking homeless for a year because we couldn't get enough money. Do you know how much it fucking hurts that you can't feed your dog and you have to get rid of him? That you and your parents are starving? You have to get rid of anything you own to keep the collectors at bay. Fuck, I've done things I'm not proud of, so I keep my family alive for another week. Thanks asshole, now I'm fucking upset again. Hope you have a fan-fucking-tastic day you cunt, because I'm fucking done. I would of hanged myself if I didn't have to take care of my parents, but fuckers like you make me think that I did the wrong thing.
>>
Come on guys, it's 2017 B.C.
>>
>>52620791
You do understand that people are as hidebound as stone, right?
Change is never good, even in the scientific community.
>>
>>52620780
>a black planeswalker

Teferi, Koth, Kaya

>black plane
While not a full plane, Jamuura exists, and was way better than this Amonkhet bullshit.
>>
>>
>>52620825
>Teferi, Koth, Kaya
Don't know any of those
>Jamuura
Don't know him either

Also, stop whitesplaning
>>
>>52620797
Wait, if you are in such dire straits, why are you on 4chan, the least sensitive place on the internet?
>>
>>52620797
>look at me I'm so poor but somehow I have money for internet and a fucking computer abloobloobloo
>>
>>52620845
>/pol/ack false-flagging, badly
>>
File: 1491456410420.jpg (118KB, 640x718px) Image search: [Google]
1491456410420.jpg
118KB, 640x718px
>>52620780
>>52620845
Your bait isn't as good as that other guys; you're being too obvious. Better luck next time senpai.
>>
>>52620864
Because I'm on my buddy's computer and he likes 4chan, so I thought I would give it a shot. Hell, he's the dude that got me into playing magic (he gave me one of his old decks to keep). Seems that I made a mistake.
>>
>>52620810
>Change is never good

Who dares, wins
God helps those who help themselves
Fortune favors the bold
>>
>>52620879
Now now anon, he could be using a public computer, say at a library or something.
>>
>>52620845
See, your trolling was already a little obvious but now you crossed the line into retardedly blatant. Try to be a little more subtle for the rest of the thread and you may manage to infuriate a couple more fa/tg/uys.

Kudos to your persistence though.
>>
>>52620603
What about tezzeret?
>>
>>52620879
Not the same anon but it's not hard to get internet access for dirt cheap or free in most first-world countries.
>>
>Working two jobs to pay my tuitions
>Living in a house with 4 rooms with 4 other people to be able to pay the rent
>"Black people struggle so much, guys"
Fuck this shit, they struggle and anyone else, they don't have it worse nowadays, back in the 60s? sure, nowadays? fuck off
>>
>>52620270
>>Must be born (no mana constructs like Angels)
Should note that you can still have an angel walker by having a normal mortal race become a planeswalker, and then having them transform into an angel.
We have Ob Nixilis the demon planeswalker, after all.
>>
File: Napoleon.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Napoleon.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>52620909
>Because I'm on my buddy's computer and he likes 4chan, so I thought I would give it a shot
>>
>>52620929
He's evil, that turns him into honorary white and a bad example for honourable POC
>>
>>52620934
>>52620921
>Free internet
Kek
>Poor
>But goes to library instead of working his ass off
Yeah, you can't fool me
>>
>>52620966
>We aren't allowed to have a cool black villain in MTG because SJWs would riot if a PoC was portrayed in a negative light

Feels bad man
>>
>>52620934
Hell I live in Indiana a state not known for its progressive policies and you can get free internet.
>>
>>52620946
Some people speculate that Elspeth will be the first angel walker when she rises.

Mite b cool
>>
>>52620981
>Poor people always spend every waking moment working.
Sounds like SOMEONE here has never been in poverty.
>>
>>52621019
I actually prefer if she were the first zombie (specially those cool Theros zombies with masks)
>>
>>52621033
>Playing mtg
Nobody in here is poor
>>
>>52621066
Note the past-tense, anon.
>>
>>52619941
Oh no! A darkie in my card game? How terrible!
>>
Let's have a cool Egypt inspired plane with cool jackal dudes and minotaurs and naga and I don't know FUCKING SPHINXES

I guess we need a native for a planeswalker card SO LET'S BE AS BORING AS POSSIBLE

The human planeswalker meme needs to FUCKING STOP
>>
>>52621107
But anon, market research shows people have trouble identifying with non-human characters :^)
>>
>The new planeswalker is from the plane on which the set is taking place.
This is what pisses me off the most.

This kang should have been in Kaladesh or Innistrad or something. This plane should have a goddamn minotaur from Theros.
>>
>>52619941
>pants down whiteboy
>>
>>52619941
Despite what /pol/ may tell you, Egypt was not 100% white throughout antiquity.

Their nobility was on average lighter skinned. The nation, however, ran a pretty varied gamut when it came to pigmentation.
>>
>>52621107
>Minotaurs
Those are goats, those aren't awesome minotaurs
>>
>>52621107
Minotaur walker literally never
>>
>>52621153
And yet they release a black walker...odd

>>52621164
No one is saying Egypts were white though, people is saying that they weren't full subsaharian black like they're portrait 99% of the time nowadays
>>
>>52619941
NO
NO
I WANTED A JACKAL
I WANTED A FUCKING JACKAL
I WANTED TO FUCK THE JACKAL NOOOOOOOOO
>>
>Be 13% of population
>Have like 7 walkers
>Be 18% of population
>Have 0 walkers
Why blacks always get stuff?
>>
>>52621225
Wait for the next block. Spic central.
>>
>>52621225
>18% of the population
I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're waiting for a Zorro walker?
>>
>>52620294
>Egypt isn't in Africa.
>>
>>52620294
>Egypt
>not in Africa
>black people in popular culture
>not about African-Americans regardless of the setting
>>
>>52621236
There will be blacks everywhere
Same happened in Theros
>>
>>52621250
This frustrates me more then this we wuz kangz stuff.
>>
>>52621236
>Spic central.
Anon, native South American isn't spic, spics are descendats of Spaniars and Purtugueses.
>>
>>52621241
>African A M E R I C A N
>>
>>52621250
And Kaladesh. I was excited for a plane that would be based on my ethnicity, but instead it was like 70% black or white. Could we just go back to having mono-racial planes like Kamigawa?
>>
>>52621277
There's no way Wizards makes it accurate though when they can pander more. They'll be full-blown Mexicans.
>>
>>52620386
The black pharaohs actually did that, but I'm not surprised you didn't learn that in your white supremacist school books.
>>
>>52621277
Spaniards and Portuguese and the native population. There was a lot of interracial marriage going on during the colonization of Central/South America.
>>
>>52621314
If they made Kamigawa today you be fucking sure it would have tons of blacks
>>
>>52621314
>tfw we finally return to Kamigawa
>10% of the human population is black now somehow and all the cool races like Moonfolk, Oni, Nezumi and Orochi are ignored.
>>
>>52621280
African Americans are a demographic WotC can pander to by having black planeswalkers. Jackals aren't a demographic that buys Magic: the Gathering product, and so WotC won't pander to them.

Regardless of where the block is set, the representations of skin tone for characters and art all have to do with the demographics WotC is trying to sell to.
>>
>>52621346
Or they use them as bad guys because it's easier to make non-humans villains instead of even implying that POC could possibly do wrong.
>>
>>52621318
That sounds highly unlikely, but I'd love to read about that if you could cite a credible source.
>>
>>52621238

...honestly, that would be pretty damn cool. A big swashbuckling block.
>>
>>52621353
This is speciest, I'm a Jackalkin, my pronoums are Jackie/Chan and Jet lee, you fucking shitlord
>>
>>52620270
To my knowledge Karn's spark is Urza's spark so he is not braking any rules.
>>
>>52621376
Plane based on the renaissance period when?
>>
>>52621405
Right after the Arthurian legend block.
>>
>>52621405
Plane based on pike and shot when?
>>
>>52621411
My knight tribal deck awaits that plane.
>>
>>52621046
Actually, specifically, you only "die" for the purposes of souls on Theros after you've put the mask on. So unfortunately Elspeth won't be wearing one if she wants to come back as a walker.
>>
>>52621405
What is Fiora
>>
>>52619941
I'd prefer a non-human, but I'm okay with this.
Kush/Blemmyes is cool, and it's nice to see something that isn't "just another pharaoh ripoff".
>>
You people don't understand, Blacks riot and chimp out when you don't cater to them, rest of races don't beause they're civilized people, so wotc don't cater to them because if there aren't complaints must mean they are ok with what's happening. Marketing 101.
>>
>>52621428
Honestly I never followed the lore of the conspiracy sets. Might be worth looking into.
>>
>>52619941
Calling it right now, she's B/G or B/W
>>
>>52621422
>Scary as balls faerie tribal
>knights and swords
>Adventure
>BLACK PEOPLE
>Sweet wizards
It's gonna be great.
>>
>>52621153
Tell that to Disney. I want to see them burst out from laughing.
>>
>>52621191
There were quite a few 'full black' people in Egypt though.
>>
Why do you guys give a fuck? I don't play magic but surely the thing to be focusing on here is the race of weird Egyptian inspired man-animal hybrids, things look dope as fuck.
>>
File: a_154dfdf4.jpg (28KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
a_154dfdf4.jpg
28KB, 200x285px
>>52621441
Have you ever seen Blemmyes who weren't comical in appearance?
>>
>>52621709
The problem is that the man-animals don't have Planeswalker cards. It's mostly humans, humans with pointy ears, and pale humans
>>
>>52621741
So people are pissed about human over-representation, not the black chick.

I can get behind that, who doesn't want some kind of super man-animal leader. Seems kinda weird that they're 'represented' by a human anyway, maybe the fluff will make sense of it.
>>
>>52621709
That's exactly the point. We want the man-animal hybrids to play a central role, not another human for the umpteenth time.
>>
>>52619941
WE WALKED PLANEZ AND SHEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT
>>
The other native Walker will be Male and be a bad guy. Count on this pattern repeating for awhile.
>>
>>52621709
But she's a weird Egyptian inspired man-animal hybrid, look at her face, she's a gorilla
>>
>>52621799
If he's also white, I'm calling racism.
>>
>>52620879
Not those guys, but I don't own a computer or internet, and yet here I am.
>>
>>52620383
>False flagging
Shaggy didgeridoo.
>>
>>52621832
This entire thread is nothing but false flagging bait.
>>
File: didgeridoo.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
didgeridoo.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>52621832
I wish they're reprint Didgeridoo in standard. I want to play minotaur tribal in modern, dammit.
>>
>>52619981
Monsters are more a minority than niggers.
>>
>>52620625
You do realize all those are colored people and not white.
>>
>>52620475

You act like you've Never seen an actual Egyptian before.

Hint: They're mostly of arabic descent. aka Not Black.
>>
>>52621862
CRISIS ACTORS?!?!?!!

SANDY HOAX?!?!?!?!!

OBAMA = YAWGMOTH!?!?!?!
>>
>>52620310
>>52619981
>if you don't want minority representation you must go back to /pol/ and you're wrong
>i didn't call you a racist
Fuck off, fucking SJW scum.
>>
>>52619941
>WE
>>
>>52621914
my family is egyptian, and when i write "african american" on forms people accept it and give me free stuff, so i am technically black. so fuck you white boy.
>>
>>52621898
For the 100th time, nobody is saying Hannibal and Cleopatra were white, but sure as fucking hell they weren't Black as all this niggerscience claims

Why you people always go back to "they weren't white either" counterargument? is a non sequitur
>>
File: 1428668206879.png (139KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
1428668206879.png
139KB, 500x279px
>>52619963
>>
>>52621405
Fiora, setting of Conspiracy and Conspiracy 2.
>>
>>52621980

I must admit, as an Australian, it really amuses me when people refer to Aboriginal Australians as African American because they are used to it being the PC term for black people.
>>
>>52622009
A Naboo hyperdrive
>>
>>52620188
You fucking retard.
There are no "African-Americans" in Magic, there are black people, and guess what dipshit? They're all fictional too. None of them are real!
>wahhh muh african-american struggles are real
None of the struggles facing black Americans have anything to do with Magic or fictional settings.
>the need for representation and role models
There is no need for "representation". You could not even defend why "representation" is needed. And role models? Who the fuck uses a Magic character a role model? Role models should be real people not playing cards, since you so love to talk about what's real and what's fake.
Now fuck off and go back to /pol/ where you leftists belong.
>>
>>52621990
>Cleopatra were white
Wasn't she white though? Unless Greeks are not white.
>>
>>52622009
Nothing, what's a Nubian with you?
>>
I just want a fantasy setting that actually focuses on non-humans. They have plenty of it on unimportant characters - IE the jackals and naga and such, but when it comes to the named characters, they're all fucking 100% human, 100% human with spock ears (nissa/elves), or dragons.
I don't give a fuck about skin color or whatever the fuck. Politicial agendas can fuck off. Let's just have some more cat people, some snek people, spirits, and so on.
Kamigawa block was probably the most diverse in having non-humans. I'd like to see more like that.
>>
>>52621990
Cleopatra was actually super white. Ptolemaic dynasty.
>>
>>52621241
>Egypt isn't in AMerica
>>
>>52621465

Well, it's not like the Round Table wasn't basically the British Avengers. They had the Prince of Babylon as a member in some stories. They'll add anyone that makes themselves look better.
>>
>>52619963
Yo, where the fuck is the Vengeful Pharaoh reprint?
>>
>>52622037
>I'd like to see more like that.
Good luck, MaRo hates everything to do with Kamigawa and how they did Kamigawa and they've said they're intentionally never doing anything like that again, both in terms of story and design.
>>
>>52622037
Lorwynn had NO actual humans, and even the short-humans and pointy-ear-humans were further form human than on other planes.
>>
>>52622086
>they're intentionally never doing anything like that again, both in terms of story and design.
Doing anything like what again?
Good story and flavour?

They only flubbed the design because they were so pants-shittingly terrified of having a Mirrodin show up again.
>>
WE
>>
>>52622113
>Doing anything like what again?
>Good story and flavour?

Basically, yes. They think that drawing on actual Japanese mythology and imagery for Kamigawa was the mistake, and in future when they touch on non-medieval europe cultures, they will be using the Disneyfied pop culture tropes instead. See: Theros.
>>
>>52622112
>all we've kept from lorwyn has been the lorwyn five
>garruk and ajani are the only ones of the lorwyn five who are even remotely interesting as stand-alone characters
>they are sidelined completely for jace, chandra and liliana, replaced by more marketable cardboard cutouts
>>
>>52622113
>Doing anything like what again?
>Good story and flavour?
No, doing a plane without Blacks
>>
>>52622086
Well, from a gameplay perspective Kamigawa wasn't the best and many of its elements were poorly chosen. Had good flavor, though I think it didn't really mesh with what most Americans thought of Japanese mythos as being.

>>52622112
Were they the kithkin? I don't really remember. Lorwynn had faeiries, but unfortunately a big strike against it is it brought in all the humanwalkers. Well, Ajanni was unique, but they sort of got rid of him.
Is it really that rare for people to want humans and cosplaying humans (IE elves, slightly shorter humans/dwarves) to just fuck off?
>>
>>52622148
I have never been angrier than I have been in this moment.

And honestly, I was completely okay with Theros until I figured out they only put like 3 cities on the plane, and those cities are literally just Athens, Sparta, and Miletus.

Fuck, they even CALLED one of them Meletis.
>>
>>52622148
To be fair, they're at least used a layman's amount of knowledge about Greek mythology when designing that block and they're doing the same for this one, judging from cards like the Serpopard.
>>
>>52622113
The story/lore was deemed too hard for casuals to understand. Wizards story philosophy has shifted since then (particularly after Lorwyn), aiming for a more simplistic storyline, and for planes to be easily understandable with a pop-culture knowledge of whatever mythology/place the plane is based upon.

So basically yes, good story and flavour have been thrown out the window in favor of accessibility.
>>
>>52622176
Yeah, Kithkin, and creepy nazi Elves with antlers.
>>
>>52622200
I don't think anyone who hasn't looked into Egyptian mythos beyond a surface level has heard of a Serpopard.
>>
>>52620666
Underated post
>>
On one hand, I really would like to go back to Kamigawa.

On the other hand I really don't want either the current Creative team anywhere near Kamigawa.
>>
>>52622229
Exactly, just like most people don't know what a Hippocamp is.

So, there's plenty of Theros and Amonkhet stuff which is a little more specialist than just Disneyfied Greek/Egyptian mythology.
>>
>>52622221
Hitler Nissa actually had some character.

>>52622385
I think the team is capable of doing things very well, but it's management that just won't let them.
I was hoping Amon'khet would have had a higher focus on non-human elements, but I should have known better. It's always a shame when you have all this potential to do neat things but they just go 'humans in sand,' 'humans in forests,' and so on.

>>52622454
I like saying Serpopard. It's fun.
>>
>>52622385
>mfw you realize that over time the creative team will be replaced with more poc, trans, and women. It's only going to get worse.
>>
>>52622482
Sorry ment to use this Latza picture
>>
>>52620188
This is some next level bait, I applaud you.
>>
I'll be real with you, /tg/, I just want big cat tats to not be total shit. Literally that one thing, I've even given up on getting cool sphinxes.
>>
>>52619941
>Japan block
>Get asian, feudal people
>Gothic block
>Get white, medieval people
>Greek block
>Get tanned, classical greek people
>Reinassance block
>Get corrupt italians

>Egypt block
>Get black people
>Suddenly this is bad, overrepresentation and WE WUZ KONGS propaganda

I fail to see your point OP, I think you're a fucking retard
>>
>>52619941
Instead of hot Egyptian walker see pic related, we get angry We Waz that is most likely a lesbian. Just fucking Great
>>
>>52622650
>not a jackal
>not a naga
>not a goatman
>not an aven
Youre waifu a shit
>>
File: Nissa Revane.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Nissa Revane.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>52622473
>Hitler Nissa actually had some character.
What character?
>I'm an elf Planeswalker and elves are the greatest things ever
>I went to Lorwyn once
>oh whoops I decided to break the thing because I'm dumb
That was literally everything there was to Nissa until Origins.
>>
File: Hazoret_the_Pervert.png (176KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Hazoret_the_Pervert.png
176KB, 265x370px
>>52622695
Did someone say top-tier Amonkhet waifus?
>>
>>52622633
There is a difference between Egyptian and Nubians or African Black, its The difference between Chinese and Japanese, but much more extreme. Now you can use the this is a magical world so it can be a little more mixed. It's just a low blow to people hoping for an Egyptian or Jackal plainswalker. It's an issue to some people sing a lot of SJW's are trying to push the Egyptian Kings were black when that was not the case.
>>
>>52619941
W H Y D O Y O U C A R E
>>
>>52622633

Why aren't italians also people?
>>
>>52622633
>Japan block
>Get asian, feudal people, people complain
>Gothic block
>Get white, medieval people with a handful of token minorities in Hollywood horrorland, people complain
>Greek block
>Get a variety of peoples as befitting such a cosmopolitan area that's been given the Hollywood treatment, people complain
>Mongol block
>Get several Hollywood versions Asian cultures, people complain
>Return to Gothic
>Get a racial melange of peoples that ill-befits the settings they're aping, people complain
>India block
>Get a laughably small number of Indians in barely India, people complain
>Egypt block
>Get blacks and Arabs in Hollywood Egypt, people complain

This is called being honest, you should try it sometime
>>
>>52620475
India, Turkey and Japan are on the same continent too. Does that mean all Asians should look like Mongolians in pop culture?
>>
>>52622741

Are you saying that no matter what culture gets represented, people will always find reasons to be upset no matter what?
>>
>>52622781
That's ridiculous, nobody is ever upset by things on the internet.
>>
>>52622781
That was my premise, yes. The same will be true if they choose no real-world culture and just make whatever fantasy culture they're interested in making. The only Magic setting I've ever seen that's really immune to this is Ravnica, which has some vague slavic shit going on, but it's not really a huge element of it.
>>
>>52622710
>SJW's are trying to push the Egyptian Kings were black when that was not the case
Sorry to tell you, fuckface, but the 25th Dynasty was a thing.

I'm not happy she's a black woman, in fact I'm not happy she's human at all. But there were definitely black people in "Egypt" from the Eighteenth Dynasty onward, and for a while they DID rule until being ousted by the Assyrians. Please at least put in a TOKEN effort to learn what the fuck you're talking about before you spout out a bunch of bullshit because some nasty "SJWs" said something you don't like.
>>
File: ancap kangz.jpg (93KB, 614x998px) Image search: [Google]
ancap kangz.jpg
93KB, 614x998px
With all the push for diversity they'd probably get a lot more shit for not creating another minority planeswalker when visiting a plane based off an African country

And you know what, despite all the autists who will bitch about this it's completely fine. She looks fine, she's a black woman from a plane inspired by a country in Africa. It's a lot better than if we got a black woman walker from Innistrad or something.

I can see wanting a Jackalperson walker or whatever, but this is fine.

I still wish Teferi would show up and school the Gatewatch on what it means to save the multiverse
>>
>>52622824
>spoiler
You keep waiting for that, tell me how it goes.
>>
>>52619941
Fantasy humans were a mistake.
>>
>>52622864
Oh it'll never happen. The closest to pre-Time Spiral lore we're gonna get interaction with is when Karn shows up wanting help with New Phyrexia
>>
File: kek.jpg (32KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
32KB, 1280x720px
>>52621914

>actual egyptian
>arab
>implying

This is even worse than Turks saying Sumer was Turkic.
>>
>>52620570
probably, egyptians are poc
>>
>>52622815

They ruled Egypt for what, 100 years? And that 100 years means all Egyptians should be black?
>>
File: sheeeeeeyit.jpg (14KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
sheeeeeeyit.jpg
14KB, 201x251px
>>52622824
>tfw whitey tries to repo my melanin-powered sky chariot so i gotta give him cancer with cosmic rays from my third eye

Anyway, the American Black/White racial distinction is a social construct that means nothing outside of America and places that suck America's dick. Arguing about whether or not ancient Egyptians were black is as gay as arguing that Shakespeare was a feminist.
>>
>>52622900
B-b-but the ghost of big daddy Kos could always show up next time we see Ravnica, r-right?
>>
You know what's hilarious? Amonkhet was created as a planeswalker factory, and its inhabitants are nothing more than mere slaves to Nicol Bolas. So that proud wewuz planeswalker is nothing more than a slave to Nicol Bolas. Nicol Bolas has most likely killed millions of Amonkhet humans too.

>Nicol "The Nigger Grave Digger" Bolas
>Nicol "The Amonkhet African Assassin" Bolas
>Nicol "The Spook Nuke" Bolas
>Nicol "Peekaboo, Jiggaboo!" Bolas
>>
>>52623267
I would be fine with a Boros Spirit in the next return to Ravinca, which would be our next return set.
>>
There are people in this thread that actually care about Social Justice, feminism, transhit, and cultural representation.

What the fuck happened to 4chan.
>>
>>52624628
>What the fuck happened to 4chan.
A mass migration of normies. 4chan has somehow become popular now, so all the normal folk are showing up with they're ideologies and pushing it down our throats. Don't they sick fucks know that 4chan is our safe space, where we can discuss and shitpost to our hearts content with care because it's not the real world. Fucking normies ruining everything.
>>
>>52624628
We went through puberty.
>>
>>52621346
WE WUZ SAH-MOO-RAIS N SHIT
>>
File: And memes to go before I sleep.jpg (167KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
And memes to go before I sleep.jpg
167KB, 900x700px
>>52620188
>>
File: greatest joke ever told.jpg (84KB, 840x1037px) Image search: [Google]
greatest joke ever told.jpg
84KB, 840x1037px
>>52619981
>>52620188
>>52622633
>>52624689
go back to sweden and take your politically correct cultural enrichment with you
>>
>>52622969
egyptian isn't part of the color pie
>>
File: eYytPm3.gif (3MB, 400x254px) Image search: [Google]
eYytPm3.gif
3MB, 400x254px
>>52624628
>There are people in this thread that actually care about Social Justice, feminism, transhit, and cultural representation.
>Fucking normies ruining everything.

Friends, you realize you're still arguing about imaginary characters in a children's card game?

This is so far from normal it's scary you can't see it.

Best of luck, but don't lose perspective.
>>
>>52624924
>I'm on an imageboard for Mongolian slideshow presentations, why aren't people acting normal?

5/10 bait, you got me to reply.
>>
>>52621428
edh babbies can fuck off. go drink some overly hoppy craft brew and discuss your shitty "commander" and what shitty bulk rare is "perfect" for it.
>>
>>52624933
That's exactly my point.
>>
>>52624659

>safespace
>>
>>52620188
Nah
>>
>>52622211
just like good cards! waht a great game.
>>
>>52620555
Then you are just using a slippery slope.
>>
>>52624967
I thought it would humorous if I put that in there. God damn, didn't know that 4chan was going to take shit so damn seriously.
>>
>>52620030
But they're right though.
>>
>>52620411

You should learn to use correct words for concepts.
>>
File: 1472273513930.jpg (29KB, 628x380px) Image search: [Google]
1472273513930.jpg
29KB, 628x380px
>all this tumblr baitposting.
Must we do this every thread?
>>
>>52625683
OF COURSE!!! This is 4chan now. Shitty Internet politics.
>>
>>52621980
My parents are Afrikaner and I put African American on all my shit.

Best of both worlds, zebra privilege
>>
>>52620270
>>52620062
Man, a planeswalking tree or boulder sounds pretty rad. Just abruptly appearing or disappearing with no rhyme or reason. No agenda, no discernable intelligence. Just a tree.
>>
>>52620640
Depends on which Egypt. Lower Egypt is mostly light-skinned folks ruling over others. Upper Egypt were all dark-skinned. Course, that's where there were two Egypts.
>>
>>52622009
Man, shut the fuck up!
>>
So what does the card actually do?
>>
>>52622030
Greeks varied a bit, but yes, Cleopatra was very white.
>>
File: 1425370073546.jpg (82KB, 555x526px) Image search: [Google]
1425370073546.jpg
82KB, 555x526px
The more I look at it the more I think there is a chance this might not be a planeswalker, despite what the artist tagged the art with.

Now maybe he cropped it but usually Planeswalker art is usually full body and not cropped like that.
>>
>>52619941
What color you want to bet this is? Red-white?
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Maybe WotC feel bad about the time they hired a naziboo?
>>
>>52627037
Some form of red for sure. Going with RB.
>>
>>52627153
That's a dense casting cost.
>>
>>52619979
Part of the problem with this shit goes back to the 1800's British historians that sailed around the world, looking at the great wonders like the pyramids and Easter Island statues, and came to the 'totally logical' conclusion that "only white people" could have built such things.
>>
>>52620640
>>52625821
To add to that, the history of "Ancient Egypt" begins at roughly 5,000 BC, and ends when Cleopatra had a snake bite her tit, which is plenty of time for the ruling dynasty to change a dozen times over. Probably a lot more than that.
>>
>>52622650

>hot egyptian walker
>posts arab

God, if you're out there, I pray to you to please kill all these fucking people.
>>
>>52620797
>we live in a shitty motel because it's cheaper then renting a shitty house

Your parents are shit at money management. Owning a house, let alone just renting one, is cheaper in the long run.
>>
File: 28gtcvc.jpg (13KB, 380x247px) Image search: [Google]
28gtcvc.jpg
13KB, 380x247px
>>52620640
>eu times
>goes against overwhelming academic consensus because one study by a for-profit company using DNA it didn't actually have access to found results that support his bizarre need to claim ancient accomplishments for his own tribe

Even if King Tut were European what does that accomplish for you? This entire field of argument is so fucking bizarre.
>>
>>52627681

They came to that conclusion because they couldn't comprehend how a society can fall ass-backwards and lose all of that technological progress. It hadn't happened to their society.

>Dark Ages

That's a meme bro
>>
>>52626327

It seriously doesn't match any of the Planeswalker art conventions WotC has used in the past.
>>
Would it be racist if she uses black mana
>>
>>52628212
Pharah is literally Egyptian.
>>
>Want Ancient Egyptians
>get BLACKED
Wizards Paizo level SJW confirmed?
>>
>>52621161
Every new walker is from the plane after the next one would be a pretty cool way to hype and hint at the coming sets.
>>
>>52622824
Teferi was downgraded to mortal nearly 100 years ago, he is probably dead from old age.
>>
>>52621318
Uh, yes there was a Nubian era, but they were not AMERICAN and don't start on the tobacco/coke mummies, we have no way of knowing if the original archeologists contaminated them by mistake.
>>
File: 1485652478259.jpg (93KB, 804x743px) Image search: [Google]
1485652478259.jpg
93KB, 804x743px
>>52619981
Reddit is down the hall to the left, faggot
>>
>>52628212
>Pharah
>ayrab

I wan't americans to leave
>>
>>52619941
Xer gonna be WG or RG, since BG would be racist >:(
>>
File: PG22mIX.gif (876KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
PG22mIX.gif
876KB, 256x192px
>>52627361
>>
>>52620030

Haven't we already had an Asian themed expansion or two?

Meanwhile, rather than go with an African expansion which could draw on the Songhai, Mali, Ashanti, etc, they do Greeks and Egyptians with some black people.

Nobody ever "wins". We're just doing what we can with shit we got.
>>
>>52620503

>believing that romans descend from trojans

It's like you don't even know that legend was fabricated
>>
>>52620474
>even pretending to pretend
>>
>>52619981
>I love black cock
Fuck off cuck.
>>
>>52620051
>We get a fucking black panther instead of a walker who is literally a panther who is black
Fuck this SJW nigger fetishization bullshit.
>>
>>52629749
Lets count the white (as in race) walkers
Jace
Liliana
Arlynn
Elspeth
Ral Zarek

Lets count the black walkers
Tefferi
Tezeret
Saheeli
Koth

Can you say blacks are a minority in mtg walkers?
>>
>>52620188
>americans
>struggle
Nigga this is the most fictional thing in a thread about people with animal heads who shoot lightning bolts
>>
>>52628430

Even if the dark ages weren't the hellhole they're described to be, still they were far lower compared to the empire, EXPECIALLY on the subject of civil engeneering
>>
>>52629790
Wait, since when is Tezz black?
>>
>>52628923

However teferi drank the cool aid in Tolaria, so he probably doesn't age

>>52629716

We had an African block, just not very recently.

>>52629790

Liliana has been depicted both as white and as arabic

Saheeli is indian, not black

On Nixilis also is black
>>
>>52629847

Nixllis is hard to call conventionally black. What with being a demon and all.
>>
File: Ob-Nixilis-of-the-Black-Oath.jpg (183KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
Ob-Nixilis-of-the-Black-Oath.jpg
183KB, 750x450px
>>52629847
>On Nixilis also is black
This look like a black man to you?
Ob Nixilis is a demon, but originally he was vaguely roman-looking.
>>
>>52620336
Everyone knows all ancient people were black, that's why they can barely function in society and don't ammount to shit without whitey forcing them to.

Modern day africa still has mud huts galore. They're almost as bad as abbos and drastically surpassed by amerindians.
>>
>>52622699
She was an elf supremacist who let her racism for vampires control her choices and make the huge mistake of releasing the eldrazi. Before her revision she was filled with regret for that choice and after helping some fellow zendikar natives slay an eldrazi, was slowly opening up to not being judgemental asshole just because you aren't a elf.

Now what do we have? A boring hippy chosen one elf with anxiety issues so people can relate and be special and unique.
>>
>>52629796
I disagree. Your example is more fictional because lightning bolt is too powerful for these fictional characters nowadays
>>
File: Juliuscaesar.jpg (87KB, 390x513px) Image search: [Google]
Juliuscaesar.jpg
87KB, 390x513px
>>52629867
Particularly I think he resembles a bald (and scarred) Julius Caesar.
>>
>>52620780
Fantasy is not gonna bleach your skin.
>>
>>52620791
Schools are business, learning be damned.
>>
>>52620879
A shit ton of homeless people own smartphones, it's one of the many reasons they're high-risk.
>>
>>52622633
>Egypt block
>Get black people
>Suddenly this is bad, overrepresentation and WE WUZ KONGS propaganda

>I fail to see your point OP,

Try reading a book or two about ancient egypt, anon.
>>
>>52621019
>Some people speculate that Elspeth will be the first angel walker when she rises.
Amesha, nigglet. She's the amesha's chosen and Bant reclaims her hero in it's time of need.
>>
>>52621164
If they want to represent africa the people should look like arabs or the actual black people living in africa. Not like the fucking subsaharan mongrels ten times mixes with whitey, indians and latinos you call "african american".
>>
>>52621346
>Orochi retyped as naga
>>
>>52621236
lel, it'll be another nigger, then another nigger in slav plane, and another more in the next asian plane. Because white americans are fucking self-victimizing faggots that can't help sucking the "opressed" black's dick.
>>
>>52622019
>mfw Hispanic-Arabian.
Every airport is an Adventure!
>>
File: autism.png (510KB, 497x501px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
510KB, 497x501px
>>52629998
>caucasian in america wringing his hands over the inclusion of dark-skinned characters in children's card games
>calls other people self-victimizing faggots.
>>
>>52622037
You'd have to get rid of MaRo for us to get Lorwyn or Kamigawa back.
>>
File: 1452554862642.jpg (30KB, 524x336px) Image search: [Google]
1452554862642.jpg
30KB, 524x336px
>>52619941
>plainswalker

Shame on everyone for not poiniing it out yet
>>
>>52629829
Dreads + wide nose + dark skin

>>52629847
Ok. lets remove Liliana and Saheeli.

It's still 4 white walkers vs 3 black walkers. So, can you say the black walkers are a minority compared to the white ones? minority doesn't mean just 1 number less, it means an obviously number disadvantage
>>
>>52622482
Ironically if the creative team was COMPLETELY replaced by POCs, we'd be more likely to see a 100% white plane with a traditional white male hero.
White guilt is the bullshit ruining storytelling, blacks nerds never stop complaining about how much they hate forced tokenism.
>>
>>52630073
That list omits Kaya, which brings the numbers to parity.
>>
>>52630112
Completely forgot about her and about Dack
>>
>>52622633
>Asia block
Get asians, arabs AND NIGGERS
>Gothic block
Get whites AND NIGGERS
>Greek block
Get tanned people AND NIGGERS
>Renaissance block
Get italians AND NIGGERS
>Indian block
Get brown-colored whites AND NIGGERS
>Egypt block
GET NIGGERS

Blacks are ridiculously over-represented in Magic, we haven't had a plane or product without black pople in eight years but we've had a lot of products without a single arab, hispanic or asian looking person.

It's not representation, it's a fucking cuckold agenda from the image design and marketing harpies whom I I bet my balls are fat white women.
>>
>>52628460
It'll be racist no matter what they do.
They haven't fucking learned that SJWs live to complain, and unlike us, they're not shitposting for the lulz.
>>
>>52630177
Unlike us they also don't really play the game
>>
>>52622086
>>52622113
TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM
>>
>>52630195
So doing something faithful and cool is now considered a mistake?
>>
>>52630275
That's what happens when your lead designer is a zionist.
>>
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by 4chan being full of racists, but fuck, this thread is depressing.
>>
>>52629790

you forgot the planeswalker from conspiracy 2.
>>
File: screaming.png (58KB, 1035x468px) Image search: [Google]
screaming.png
58KB, 1035x468px
>all black people depicted as african-american
>never depicted with the features of the dozens of other, vast genetic variance of "black" subraces
>americans continually imagining that the races in their country encompass the entire spectrum of humanity
>american /pol/tards and SJWs continually making declarative universal statements thinking they know jack shit
>>
>>52620270
I'm sad that I will never see my very own sliver planeswalker. Or even a tree folk.
>>
>>52620102
Literally the best god.
>>
>>52625161
Well it's obvously a slope.
>>
>>52631164
>Bolas' backstory mentions a duel with a Leviathan planeswalker that Bolas considered monumental enough to immortalize as his signature iconography, the Talon Gates (the horn shape you see all over the place)
>we will never get a Leviathan Planeswalker card
I hate this.
>>
>>52621019
>>52621046
>>52629957

>the first angel walker
>there are children playing Magic so young that they don't know about fucking Serra

Christ almighty.
>>
>>52630346
>implying zionists are bad for Europe or America
>>
>>52629790
Well you for forgot Gideon (Greek) and Guurk, but you also forgot the black girl from Conspiracy 2 so the argument holds strong, if anything it shows how dependent they are on the gaywatch.
>>
>>52620797
>you can't feed your dog and you have to get rid of him?
Share the recipe, anon
>>
>>52630132
You are not wrong, also this block was made by a white women with a "Ph.D." So I knew from day one it was going to have Kangz, I don't know why they want Blacks they like playing Yu-Gi-Oh!
>>
>>52631747

Serra wasn't an angel. She just really liked them. Are you sure that you are old enough to know about her?
>>
>>52620465
lol like SJWs ever buy shit. They never positively affect the bottom line of any business except maybe cat food companies.
>>
>>52621107
this, its not about her beeing a nig, But she just looks mass effect andromeda levels of bland and retarded.

I would kill for some dank-ass black Anubis Plainswalker
>>
File: 15008739.jpg (100KB, 500x224px) Image search: [Google]
15008739.jpg
100KB, 500x224px
>Number of human Planeswalkers (with cards): 17
>Number of nonhuman Planeswalkers: 19
>Number of nonhuman Planeswalkers that aren't just humans with different colored skin/pointy ears: 7
>>
>>52621164
>The nation, however, ran a pretty varied gamut when it came to pigmentation
sorry dude but thats not true by a longshot
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>52632201

but muh representation and muh identification
>>
>>52632270
Oh, and between the human and humanoid characters (not counting Ashiok because muh nonbinary nightmare cloud), there are 13 males to 13 females, most of the females being the aforementioned humanoids
>>
>>52628622
>>52629464
I think they mean that modern Egyptian arabs have few ties to the red skinned red haired egyptians of the past.
>>
>>52632201
Would you consider Arlinn human, non-human, or cosplay-human like Nissa?
>>
>>52632536
That was a tough one since she varies between human and non-human, so I decided to put her as cosplay-human
>>
>>52632457
>I think they mean that modern Egyptian arabs have few ties to the red skinned red haired egyptians of the past.
then they are wrong
>>
>>52620539
>I'm going to lose my fucking medical care because of the Republicans
>Obamacare

You aren't losing shit, beyond the chance of seeing your Healthcare becomes South American Levels of Shit.
>>
>>52632570
What about Kiora?
Xenagos, Ugin, Tamiyo, Nicol Bolas, Daretti, and Ajani are the only planeswalkers I really consider totally non-human. Arlinn is a fringe case, but I get the feeling she spends more of her time in human form, so she's out. Ob Nix is a demon now, but he was a human, so he's in the cosplay zone as well.

Whenever I start to disbelieve that people really do just want straight up humans in their fantasy and sci-fi settings, I only have to look at MMOs to see how wrong I am.
>>
>>52620797
Fake and gay, next!
>>
>>52620915
But most of the time, they get fucked or you fuck something.
>>
>>52632777
Don't forget Karn and Ugin. However, only Ugin and Bolas are non-humanoid.
>>
>>52619941
I do agree I think there needs to be a push for new non human walkers a Jackal would have been cool.
>>
File: Really Wotc.jpg (62KB, 292x302px) Image search: [Google]
Really Wotc.jpg
62KB, 292x302px
>>52631728
They have so much at their disposal to work with yet they're probably going to make a bunch of one shot planeswalkers.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.